PDA

View Full Version : Who shall be the coverboy for NBA 2K12?

no pun intended
01-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Do you guys think that 2K Sports will have another legend on the cover like in 2K11's Michael Jordan? I was thinking if they would have it for other legends, such as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, or Bill Russell. Imagine if they had the Russell Challenge where you had to reenact his road to an astonishing eleven rings. How about the Chamberlain Challenge where one of them can include his jaw-dropping 100 point game or his monster 55 rebound game?

If not, do you guys see a chance of a tribute for Shaquille O'Neal, especially if he retires after this season? I mean, they had like a couple of covers of him already and it seems they would favor making another one that spotlights his entire career. It will be so cool to play as Shaq in his Magic and Laker years where he boasted both power and speed. Man, was he damn fast in transition. It would be so entertaining just playing him in the old days. Replaying the infamous 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and the Kings. I mean, what can get better than that.

Just a thought. So what do you guys suggest?

Oh and it does not have to be 2K12. I guess this question could be taken account for later years as well.

AJ2k8
01-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't think they'll go with a legend but you never know... Anyway if it ain't a legend i think it'll be someone like Derrick Rose or one of the youngsters, though with all the attention paid to lebron over the past year perhaps he'll find himself on the cover:confusedshrug:

Al Thornton
01-11-2011, 12:33 AM
i doubt it will be another "legend" but the shaq idea sounds perfect. they have to do more of that classic teams stuff.

Gundress
01-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Blake Griffin will be on NBA2K12.

BankShot
01-11-2011, 10:59 PM
My three guesses, in order of likelihood, are:

Blake Griffin

Derrick Rose

Amare Stoudemire

bdreason
01-11-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm going with Rose. He's a popular new player and he was already on 2K10 combine.

AirTupac
01-12-2011, 08:21 AM
I'd like to see Rose.

Harrison_Barnes
01-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Probably Rose.. I'd like to see Wade on the front though.

JohnWall2
01-12-2011, 01:52 PM
john wall

Ne 1
01-12-2011, 03:12 PM
If not, do you guys see a chance of a tribute for Shaquille O'Neal, especially if he retires after this season? I mean, they had like a couple of covers of him already and it seems they would favor making another one that spotlights his entire career. It will be so cool to play as Shaq in his Magic and Laker years where he boasted both power and speed. Man, was he damn fast in transition. It would be so entertaining just playing him in the old days. Replaying the infamous 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and the Kings. I mean, what can get better than that.

Just a thought.

Would love to see that. :cheers:

Someone send this to idea to 2ksports.

EnoughSaid
01-12-2011, 06:02 PM
If Miami wins, they should put all of the big 3 on the cover.

JohnWall2
01-12-2011, 06:04 PM

i thot so too

Gundress
01-12-2011, 06:23 PM

They won't because of LeBron, he wants more money and why do you think we've never seen him on the video game basketball cover?

Amare could be on the front cover

Blake Griffin could be on the front cover

Deron Williams could be on the front cover

I would love to see Dirk or Steve Nash on the cover

irondarts
01-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Blake Griffin, Derrick Rose or Rondo.

MeLO MvP 15
01-17-2011, 02:17 PM
I agree with the above posts, Rose or Griffin will be on the cover. In like 3-5 years they'll probably do another legend type game b/c if they release them year after year they won't sell as well. they need the hype and there are only so many ideas they can do. The next legend mode should definitely be something around the idea of the Magic-Bird rivalry. But I doubt they do another legend game this year. It would be kind of cool if they did something for the 2012 olympics where they get all the national teams and you play through the major games in USA bball history (and other important countries' games). But I think EA might own the rights to FIBA teams, so idk if they can.

In like 5-10 years they'll probably make AI and Shaq legend modes which will be fun to play with.

LJJ
01-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Would be fun to have Russell/Chamberlain on the cover and have like a sixties NBA mode.

I must say that 2k set themselves up with this installment. They went away from the "traditional yearly sportsgames strategy" and put the game so full of features that they probably just don't have the resources to create anything special again.

If EA is coming back you know they are going to have to step up and drop a smoker next season. So it might even be a good idea to switch for a year. :confusedshrug:

SinJackal
01-23-2011, 03:25 AM
It'll either be the best player on the championship team, or an up and coming star that has drawing power, like it's always been.

They blew their load with the Jordan thing. A "Magic challenge" wouldn't matter to a lot of people. Neither would a Bird, Russel, or Kareem one. A Shaq one might be, since he's a more recent player, and has put up some nasty games that would be hard to match in-game. But post players tend to be far less beloved by casual fans than guards, so I'd expect to hear some, "how the **** do I score with Shaq? this game sucks" threads popping up all over video game forums. :confusedshrug:

They're prolly just gonna go back to their regular assembly-line type game. That, or they will finally give us "all time teams" that we've been wanting forever. Where we can use the best players that have been on each team throughout their history. Bulls with Pippen, Jordan, Rose, Deng, Gilmore, etc. Celtics with Russel, Bird, McHale, etc, and also have Pierce and Allen on it. Lakers with Magic, Shaq, Kareem, Lakers-version Wilt, Worthy, Kobe, etc. Spurs with DRob, Gervin, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and others. Hornets with Chris Paul, Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, etc.

That would make for a fun game.

Al Thornton
01-23-2011, 03:28 AM
It'll either be the best player on the championship team, or an up and coming star that has drawing power, like it's always been.

They blew their load with the Jordan thing. A "Magic challenge" wouldn't matter to a lot of people. Neither would a Bird, Russel, or Kareem one. A Shaq one might be, since he's a more recent player, and has put up some nasty games that would be hard to match in-game. But post players tend to be far less beloved by casual fans than guards, so I'd expect to hear some, "how the **** do I score with Shaq? this game sucks" threads popping up all over video game forums. :confusedshrug:

They're prolly just gonna go back to their regular assembly-line type game. That, or they will finally give us "all time teams" that we've been wanting forever. Where we can use the best players that have been on each team throughout their history. Bulls with Pippen, Jordan, Rose, Deng, Gilmore, etc. Celtics with Russel, Bird, McHale, etc, and also have Pierce and Allen on it. Lakers with Magic, Shaq, Kareem, Lakers-version Wilt, Worthy, Kobe, etc. Spurs with DRob, Gervin, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and others. Hornets with Chris Paul, Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, etc.

i think they have to do more legend stuff because people won't buy a downgrade to 2k11. shaq doesn't even have to be on the cover if they want to make a "shaq challenge". something like 10 classic playoff series would be even better. its more about the accurate replications of older players/teams/arenas etc. that people want than specific games/players. the bulls/lakers challenge was my favorite of the jordan challenges.

sh0wtime
01-31-2011, 09:04 AM
I would like to see Oscar Robertson / Wilt Chamberlain get the same treatment as Jordan did in this game. Have like this cover:

http://www.draft-history.pl/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Oscar-Robertson.jpg

And also add achievements / games you have to relive from the 60's era with Oscar or Wilt, like getting 50 point triple doubles in just a few limited minutes, should be hard and very fun. :)

Nets fan 93
01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
The Logo- Jerry West

Nevaeh
02-14-2011, 02:58 AM
NBA2k11 sold 4 Million copies in 3 months, and that's because of Jordan. Yeah you can say lack of competition was to blame, but lets be real. If Live fans were loyal they'd just stick with 10 until 11's released. SOMEBODY out there was buying up this game that's for sure.

If 2k is smart, they'd lock Jordan down John Madden style, making sure he's in every new edition for years, even leading into the new systems, where graphics, player likenesses, etc. can be even MORE accurate.

Like the old saying goes "there's no where else to go but down when you're on top". Jordan's the "Top" as far as the modern era goes. Keep Jordan, and his classic teams by any means necessary!!

Ne 1
02-14-2011, 03:57 AM
I would like to see Oscar Robertson / Wilt Chamberlain get the same treatment as Jordan did in this game. Have like this cover:

And also add achievements / games you have to relive from the 60's era with Oscar or Wilt, like getting 50 point triple doubles in just a few limited minutes, should be hard and very fun. :)

After Kobe retires they will have him on the cover again and have a Kobe challenge this time.

Phoenix19
02-14-2011, 04:20 AM
demar derozans!

raptors for life

DJmicah
03-22-2011, 12:56 PM
This Guy:
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/DJMicahrules/NBA2K12CoverLebronINCASE.jpg

mcrd101
03-22-2011, 05:14 PM

this :applause: ive experimented with this a bit in the street mode and used some old school celtics v. old school lakers