PDA

View Full Version : Sheed's officially coming back..to Boston

YouCallILose
01-11-2011, 02:26 PM
well per Stephen A. Smith

[quote]Stephen A. Smith tells The Dan Patrick Show that Wallace told him he plans to help the C

Rose
01-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Unbeatable

Big One
01-11-2011, 02:29 PM
:banana:

R.H.C.P.
:rockon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrOH-KHxXg0

AI3Anthony
Too many bigs.. where do all the minutes go?

8BeastlyXOIAD
01-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Unbeatable
http://thefatbrat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/lebron-james2.jpg

Just wanted to post that pic:oldlol:

Scoooter
He's going to be so out of shape...

flipogb
good thing basketball is still 5 on 5 and not 10 or something

kabalcage
01-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Over/Under on Technicals is set at 20

YouCallILose
01-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Wouldn't be surprised to see KG play SF against the Lakers/Bulls some. Also I'm sure half of their front court will be fouled out vs Miami

Good thing he's coming back midseason because if he started from game 1 he would probably end up suspended the entire postseason due to too many techs

Rose
01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Over/Under on Technicals is set at 20
Under Im gonna go with 15.

Meticode
01-11-2011, 02:36 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens if all their bigs are healthy. Shaq, Perkins, Rasheed, Jermaine, Big Baby, Garnett

BlackWhiteGreen
Unless he's in shape, no thanks.

Who are we getting rid of anyway? Our roster is full.

Funnyfuka
why leave if its to come back huh?

YouCallILose
01-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Honestly if he can play at the level he did last season then he is probably going to get Jermaine's minutes at center

R.H.C.P.
01-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Unless he's in shape, no thanks.

Who are we getting rid of anyway? Our roster is full.

Send Luke to the dleague.

With a injured KG..I'd rather see Sheed get the start over Big Baby.

pegasus
I guess it's Glen's turn to get injured after KG comes back, so they want to back him up with Sheed. Their injury rotation is really confusing me lately.

GatorKid117
Seems like a bit of an overkill to me. Don't get me wrong, Sheed would be a great addition to many teams but the Celtics are already stacked up front. Big Baby has been playing great and I would have a hard time believing Sheed would be more productive than him. With Shaq/Perkins/JO you have a great solid C rotation already. I just can't see how this works out with everyone being happy. They would all expect to play, except JO I guess.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-11-2011, 02:42 PM

Does he not still count as our player even if he's in the D League?

Big Baby has been playing great

Missed the last couple of games, huh?

I suppose, we'd absolutely nail Dwight down with Sheed/Perk/Shaq :bowdown:

Rose
01-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Seems like a bit of an overkill to me. Don't get me wrong, Sheed would be a great addition to many teams but the Celtics are already stacked up front. Big Baby has been playing great and I would have a hard time believing Sheed would be more productive than him. With Shaq/Perkins/JO you have a great solid C rotation already. I just can't see how this works out with everyone being happy. They would all expect to play, except JO I guess.
I think the Celtics are mostly built on the "for the team" type thing. So it wouldn't really be an issue.

dbugz
01-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I would rather see Sheed playing again with Rip, Chauncey and Melo on the Nets if ever that trade happened.

It's like 2004 Pistons reunion + Melo :pimp:

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-11-2011, 02:46 PM
No Sheed just wants to protect his title for technical fouls :roll:

JohnnySic
KG
Shaq
Perk
JO
Davis
Sheed
Erden

Too many....at least 1 (Erden) will have to sit...

GatorKid117
Missed the last couple of games, huh?

I suppose, we'd absolutely nail Dwight down with Sheed/Perk/Shaq :bowdown:

Are you saying he hasn't been playing great this year? He's struggled a bit the past few games, so what. He plays much better as a reserve anyway which he will be when Garnett gets back.

And yes, that would be quite the Dwight neutralizing crew.

ProfessorMurder
My face right now:

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/17170635/view/1/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/378/height/378/troll-face_design.png

Real Men Wear Green
01-11-2011, 02:47 PM
If he does come back (I'm not so sure of this) I'd guess that the pt victim is Erden, with Perk taking a real long time to return.

Harrison_Barnes
01-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Going to be a weird rotation, but definitely makes things interesting.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Are you saying he hasn't been playing great this year? He's struggled a bit the past few games, so what. He plays much better as a reserve anyway which he will be when Garnett gets back.

And yes, that would be quite the Dwight neutralizing crew.

Yeah off the bench he has, I'll give you that. He does need to understand that he shouldn't be taking 12 jump shots a game, though.

LA_Showtime
01-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Shit. The Celtics effectively kill two birds with one stone. They get 'Sheed back, and Jermaine goes to the bench. As a Laker fan this is terrible news; as a 'Sheed fan I can't wait to see how many techs he can accumulate in half a season. :oldlol:

GatorKid117
I think the Celtics are mostly built on the "for the team" type thing. So it wouldn't really be an issue.

I guess. I'm just wary about Shaq/Perkins/Sheed all sharing minutes. I think it would be all right like you said but all those guys have some big egos as well. Basically, I just don't see Sheed helping them too much. They are all-ready imo the favorites if all healthy; they don't need him.

pegasus
I would rather see Sheed playing again with Rip, Chauncey and Melo on the Nets if ever that trade happened.

And they can call the reunion "Darko: Had he not happened"

YouCallILose
01-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I guess. I'm just wary about Shaq/Perkins/Sheed all sharing minutes. I think it would be all right like you said but all those guys have some big egos as well. Basically, I just don't see Sheed helping them too much. They are all-ready imo the favorites if all healthy; they don't need him.

I imagine it will be

Shaq-20 minutes
Perkins-15 minutes
Sheed-15 minutes
KG-32 minutes
Davis-15 minutes

something like that

Johnni Gade
01-11-2011, 02:55 PM

Thats boyband material right there

JohnnySic
01-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Maybe they pick up 'Sheed, then trade Erden and/or Harangody and/or Bradley for Jeff Green or T-Mac?

YouCallILose
01-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Maybe they pick up 'Sheed, then trade Erden and/or Harangody and/or Bradley for Jeff Green or T-Mac?

Perkins for Green works :D

pegasus
01-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Thats boyband material right there

Black street boys!

Well, "street" makes them sound thug, and they are certainly not. What about "Black beach boys"?

Rose
01-11-2011, 03:03 PM
I guess. I'm just wary about Shaq/Perkins/Sheed all sharing minutes. I think it would be all right like you said but all those guys have some big egos as well. Basically, I just don't see Sheed helping them too much. They are all-ready imo the favorites if all healthy; they don't need him.Yeah I agree but I think the only one that will ***** about minutes is Shaq.

And I look at it this way
Perk is out for another month at least, Sheed will take at least that long to get in the shape he was in last year (unless he kept working out), so he'll get some minutes now maybe, and by the time Perkins gets back he'll be settled in. Then after that they can work Jermaine out of the rotation or lessen his minutes heavily.

boozehound
01-11-2011, 03:07 PM

hes still on your roster, even if you send him to the d-league. you would have to cut him entirely.

bdreason
01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
J.O. is done. Watching him try to run and jump is painful. No way are the Celtics assuming he will be healthy for the Playoffs. Shaq and KG have also shown to be injury prone as of late, so I'm sure they can find plenty of minutes for Sheed.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Yeah I agree but I think the only one that will ***** about minutes is Shaq.

And I look at it this way
Perk is out for another month at least, Sheed will take at least that long to get in the shape he was in last year (unless he kept working out), so he'll get some minutes now maybe, and by the time Perkins gets back he'll be settled in. Then after that they can work Jermaine out of the rotation or lessen his minutes heavily.

Or trade him for Jeff Green! http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=48soner Green/Ivey for JO/Gody.

icewill36
01-11-2011, 03:10 PM
i would expect sheed to take jermaines minutes

PowerGlove
01-11-2011, 03:11 PM
C's fans celebrating that he didnt go to Miami.

Rose
01-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Or trade him for Jeff Green! http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=48soner Green/Ivey for JO/Gody.
I wouldn't because Perk is the future. In 2 years Shaq, Jermaine, and and Sheed are DEFINITELY gone. And the center position is the hardest to fill. I'd keep him.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't because Perk is the future. In 2 years Shaq, Jermaine, and and Sheed are DEFINITELY gone. And the center position is the hardest to fill. I'd keep him.

I didn't mention Perk...

If anything I want Perk's minutes down so everyone forgets about how great he is and we can sign him to a cheaper contact :oldlol:

Rose
01-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I didn't mention Perk...

If anything I want Perk's minutes down so everyone forgets about how great he is and we can sign him to a cheaper contact :oldlol:
:roll: Sorry I thought you were using Hondo's trade idea.:roll:

I think Perk is what you have to give up to get Green though. Or at least something better than Jermaine.:lol

pegasus
01-11-2011, 03:15 PM

Definitely. Boston's future is not bleak because they have a good and young PG&C duo that will still be there after the big-3 era is over.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-11-2011, 03:17 PM
:roll: Sorry I thought you were using Hondo's trade idea.:roll:

I think Perk is what you have to give up to get Green though. Or at least something better than Jermaine.:lol

Yeah, probably. In reality I'd want a better defender than Green if we were going to trade for anyone.

tomtucker
01-11-2011, 03:18 PM

C-Shaq/Perkins/O'Neal/Erdin
PF-Garnett/Rasheed/Big Baby
:bowdown:

so he is sure the lakers await in the finals?

Rose
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah, probably. In reality I'd want a better defender than Green if we were going to trade for anyone.
Plus green's a tweener, which definitely not a good thing. I think the Celtics are pretty stacked as it is. And probably going to win it all anyways.

indiefan24
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
This may be done to replace Jermaine more than anything. The guy is always going to have knee problems and the Celtics prob want someone more consistent in terms of availability.

boozehound
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I have seen all sorts of rumors about the celts not wanting to pay perk/deal with his overinflated sense of worth. I hope that is the case, cause I would love to see him as a FA, even coming off that injury.

Rose
01-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I have seen all sorts of rumors about the celts not wanting to pay perk/deal with his overinflated sense of worth. I hope that is the case, cause I would love to see him as a FA, even coming off that injury.
Your pistons could definitely use him. But yeah I've heard those rumors too. i think they'll give him the QO, and hope nobody signs him this offseason, due to the uncertain future of the cap and such.

SHEED_ gangsta
01-11-2011, 03:23 PM
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!:applause: if this true the NBA season just got ten times better

B-Low
01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
And they can call the reunion "Darko: Had he not happened"

HEY Darko single-handedly carried those bums to a ring! :no:

CeltsGarlic
01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
stephenasmith Stephen A Smith
Please don't go quoting about Rasheed Wallace return. All I said on DP's Show is that he said months ago he planned on coming out of

Retirement to help the C's take on the Lakers. That doesn't mean he will. I haven't spoken to him in months. Who knows how he feels now.

indiefan24
01-11-2011, 03:26 PM
haha "officially"

Rose
01-11-2011, 03:27 PM
haha "officially"
oooh that joyner, he's got the skilzz with the words.

Crown&Coke
01-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Your pistons could definitely use him. But yeah I've heard those rumors too. i think they'll give him the QO, and hope nobody signs him this offseason, due to the uncertain future of the cap and such.

I don't see how that is Official that Sheed comes back? Would be fun to watch though.

I don't think they can use a QO on Perk? He is on his second deal already not his rookie deal. But they can sign him to 120% of his current contract, or use his Bird Rights (if they exist next year). If the Celts pass on Perk, they will regret it. The two most valuable positions are PG and C, they have their PG locked up, now get that center locked up.

I think Perk is gonna get PAID, something like what Haywood got! People call me crazy due to his injury and lack of offensive game. But the guys is a monster on defense, tough as nails, and his offensive game is improving. Tough centers are not a dime a dozen anymore like the past.

He would look good in OKC if they pass on signing Green.

YouCallILose
01-11-2011, 03:41 PM
http://3.hidemyass.com/ip-1/encoded/Oi8vZm9ydW1zLnJlYWxnbS5jb20vYm9hcmRzL3ZpZXd0b3BpYy 5waHA%252FZj02JnQ9MTA4MzA5OA%3D%3D

yep its clearly me

Kevin_Garnett_5
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm glad he's back. He deserves this championship after his effort in Game 7 in the Finals. :D

Reverend Hoops
01-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Please don't go quoting about Rasheed Wallace return. All I said on DP's Show is that he said months ago he planned on coming out of

Retirement to help the C's take on the Lakers. That doesn't mean he will. I haven't spoken to him in months. Who knows how he feels now.
:roll:

gasolina
01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Against some teams maybe Garnett could play the 3 and then with Sheed and Perk/Shaq/JO play zone and essentially shut down the paint.

Mr. Grieves
01-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Sheed >> Jermaine.

Woot.

ronniec
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
If he can get his shape back, definitely a great addition.
A C/PF that can shoot 3's can always create mismatch

Rose
01-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't see how that is Official that Sheed comes back? Would be fun to watch though.

I don't think they can use a QO on Perk? He is on his second deal already not his rookie deal. But they can sign him to 120% of his current contract, or use his Bird Rights (if they exist next year). If the Celts pass on Perk, they will regret it. The two most valuable positions are PG and C, they have their PG locked up, now get that center locked up.

I think Perk is gonna get PAID, something like what Haywood got! People call me crazy due to his injury and lack of offensive game. But the guys is a monster on defense, tough as nails, and his offensive game is improving. Tough centers are not a dime a dozen anymore like the past.

He would look good in OKC if they pass on signing Green.
I COMPLETELY thought he was on his rookie deal. Good point you made there. I didn't know he was in the 03 draft class.And yeah they have his bird right since he's been there more than three years.

And yeah he's gonna get a Haywood type deal, and like you said his offense is improving.

dwightderon
01-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Nah, I just don't see the minutes there for him.

Cermet
01-11-2011, 04:05 PM
DAMN that @sshole is back... f%cking floping loudmouth..

Nets fan 93
01-11-2011, 04:05 PM

IDK who would start tough? Rasheed or Kris?

crisoner
01-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Wow that sure is a whole lot of big bodies in Boston to throw at Bynum and Gasol. I'm not sure if that will work.

Kujo
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
If Rasheed comes back, my prediction is he'll set the record for quickest player in NBA history to get 15 tech's, and an automatic 1 game suspension. No way he'll be able to adjust to the new rules.

In all honesty, I don't see him coming back. Perkins will be back soon, plus they have enough bigs already.

VIP2000
01-11-2011, 04:15 PM
He should join Miami. He'll get a lot more playing time there. :lol

Derka
01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I'll wait for this to be official before I really devote the mental energies required to bust a metaphysical nut.

dkmwise
01-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Nah, I just don't see the minutes there for him.

If everyone's healthy then thats very true, but you have to figure between Perk, KG, Shaq, and J.O. that someone is going to be dinged up at some point during the playoffs.

NBASTATMAN
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM

C-Shaq/Perkins/O'Neal/Erdin
PF-Garnett/Rasheed/Big Baby
:bowdown:

Wow ... Heat have no chance vs that front line.. The Lakers are looking good now that Bynum is back.. I think they are the only team that can beat a healthy Celtics team.. Well if they get the same help they got last year from the refs in game 7...:D

All Net
01-11-2011, 04:55 PM
People really think a 36 year old sheed is going to help them? He isn't better than any of the guys in front of him and according to doc rivers there have been no discussions at all of sheed returning to Boston and sas said on twitter that sheed mentioned he planned to not that he will

MMM
01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
People really think a 36 year old sheed is going to help them? He isn't better than any of the guys in front of him and according to doc rivers there have been no discussions at all of sheed returning to Boston and sas said on twitter that sheed mentioned he planned to not that he will

He wouldn't hurt plus Boston could play more aggressively with their fouls. Additionally they would have another body to throw at Howard defensively.

mateoboz
01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Awesome! Glad to see he's coming back. I was surprised he retired after how well he played in game 7.

MMM
01-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Awesome! Glad to see he's coming back. I was surprised he retired after how well he played in game 7.

it is not official that he is coming back yet.

dallaslonghorn
01-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see KG play SF against the Lakers/Bulls some. Also I'm sure half of their front court will be fouled out vs Miami

Good thing he's coming back midseason because if he started from game 1 he would probably end up suspended the entire postseason due to too many techs

:oldlol:

This is actually a bigger deal against Orlando I think. Sheed has always played D12 real, real tough.

dkmwise
01-11-2011, 06:16 PM
:oldlol:

This is actually a bigger deal against Orlando I think. Sheed has always played D12 real, real tough.

Sheed always seemed able to get into Dwights head, and Shaq is permanently in Dwights head. Having those 2 guys in there and Perkins to defend Howard would limit him pretty good.

MaxFly
01-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Too many bigs... I don't see the point.

Hondo
01-11-2011, 06:28 PM
What about dealing JO and Bradley for Battier and I. Smith? That is if Sheed comes back.

PG: Rondo/ Robinson/ Smith
SG: Allen/ West/ Wafer
SF: Pierce/ Battier/ Daniels
PF: Garnett/ Davis/ Wallace
CT: S. O'Neal/ Perkins/ Erden

That looks really solid to me.
The minutes should go:
PG: Rondo (34) / Robinson (14) / Smith (Inactive)
SG: Allen (30) / West (18) / Wafer (Inactive)
SF: Pierce (32) / Battier (16) / Daniels (Spot minutes)
PF: Garnett (30) / Davis (18) / Wallace (Minutes depending on match-up)
CT: Perkins (26) / S. O'Neal (22) / Erden (Inactive)

FlawlessVictory
01-11-2011, 06:31 PM
LOL at officially. That idiot Smith made a lucky guess on the Miami big 3 and now all of the sudden he is the ultimate insider....

http://twitter.com/#!/stephenasmith

Edit: Didn't see garliceltics post... worth repeating thought.

DeronMillsap
01-11-2011, 07:08 PM
I'd say he's just as good as Shaq, Davis and JO or better. Plus he can provide 3's and spread the floor unlike those guys.

Rose
01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd say he's just as good as Shaq, Davis and JO or better. Plus he can provide 3's and spread the floor unlike those guys.
Pretty much yeah, that's why I think he gives them the edge to almost certainly win it all now. SOOOO many different looks the C's can give you.

BallsOut
01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
KG
Shaq
Perk
JO
Davis
Sheed
Erden

Too many....at least 1 (Erden) will have to sit...

You can never have too many bigs to face the likes of D-Whistle and LePhantom Fouls in the playoffs. This is why the Magic won't get far. Their frontcourt depth is non-existent.

gloriawest
01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
they'd better not play shaq, sheed, garnett, perk and JO at the same time otherwise the floor would collapse through heheheh haha rofl

bagelred
01-11-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm going back to Boston, Boston, Boston
I'm going back to Boston...... hmmmmm, I don't think so

Teanett
01-11-2011, 08:10 PM
they'd better not play shaq, sheed, garnett, perk and JO at the same time otherwise the floor would collapse through heheheh haha rofl

that is the funniest thing i've ever heard.
:rolleyes:

Borat
01-11-2011, 08:12 PM
If he is coming back, Doc Rivers said he doesnt know about it yet.

crisoner
01-11-2011, 09:02 PM
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!

REally thought...with the NBA rule about techs....why would he come back?

Jasper
01-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Sheed is going to avenge the lakers.
He's coming out of retirement to be on the Celtic's roster , so they can trade him :oldlol:

All those bigs ... how does he avenge anything riding the pine or doing mop up duty ....

Has anyone even heard if he is in shape , been playing or even exercising ??

I mean really

jdm_dc_fan
01-11-2011, 09:14 PM
They are a very unselfish team. Im sure he knows he'll be coming off the bench. Only thing i see is less minutes for big baby and have room for injuries. for example kg out with injury = loss to bulls and rockets :confusedshrug:

G-Funk
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Not enough minutes to pass around...

The_Yearning
01-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Lmao his sole reason to come back to Boston is for revenge/another shot at the Lakers.

He's overlooking Chi/Bos/Orl and SA in all of this :roll:

Anything can happen with injuries.

CBLhoops
01-12-2011, 10:11 AM
It'll be interesting to see what happens if all their bigs are healthy. Shaq, Perkins, Rasheed, Jermaine, Big Baby, Garnett

god i hope this isn't true, no way dwight says outta foul trouble against all of that::eek:

All Net
01-12-2011, 10:52 AM
god i hope this isn't true, no way dwight says outta foul trouble against all of that::eek:
The only guy who can hurt you consistently on the offensive end out of that group is KG. Defensively? Yeah the bigs help but offensively only really garnett and big baby could hurt you. Not worried to be honest with that frontline. I still have Miami coming out of the east.

chris2010
01-12-2011, 11:00 AM
:(

We are going to have a real difficult time trying to 3-peat.

All Net
01-12-2011, 11:04 AM
:(

We are going to have a real difficult time trying to 3-peat.
Maybe so but it wouldn't have anything to do with celtics bringing back sheed

chris2010
01-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Maybe so but it wouldn't have anything to do with celtics bringing back sheed

Championships are won by big men+ defense. We dont have anywhere near as deep a frontline as the Celtics. But time will tell. Doc will likely go w/ Sheed and Shaq off the bench behind Perkins (if he comes back) and Garnett. Well, if my team plays well and we still dont win im not going to be mad. All i want is my team to try hard, teams will inevitably beat us at some point.

JohnnySic
01-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Adding 'Sheed would complete the greatest assembly of characters in NBA history.

But once again, lets not jump to conclusions; the C's have a full roster. If they are to add 'Sheed, there has to be another "shoe to drop". Maybe a trade of spare parts for Jeff Green or T-Mac. :D

JohnnySic
01-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Well, Jermaine O'Neal is injured again. Maybe 'Sheed will be back after all...

BlackWhiteGreen
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM
The only guy who can hurt you consistently on the offensive end out of that group is KG. Defensively? Yeah the bigs help but offensively only really garnett and big baby could hurt you. Not worried to be honest with that frontline. I still have Miami coming out of the east.

Shaq can still score. Sheed still needs respect from outside. That opens up the middle. Imo they can do fck all on the offensive end as long as we only give up a couple of offensive boards the entire game (game 7 :()

JohnnySic
01-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Shaq can still score.
Yeah Shaq, unlike Perkins, isn't someone you can ignore.

LiLharvard
01-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Yeah Shaq, unlike Perkins, isn't someone you can ignore.

Which game can we expect him to make his comeback in?

jbryan1984
01-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Sheed showed up when it mattered last year though.

2swift4u
01-13-2011, 09:30 AM
what I find funny is that everybody hated on Miami because they signed 3 all-stars... but Boston is assembling as many big names as possible and everybody is applauding!?!? :confusedshrug:

BlackWhiteGreen
01-13-2011, 09:31 AM
what I find funny is that everybody hated on Miami because they signed 3 all-stars... but Boston is assembling as many big names as possible and everybody is applauding!?!? :confusedshrug:

Yeah, 38 year old Shaq = Prime LeBron. WTF Boston???

JohnnySic
01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
what I find funny is that everybody hated on Miami
No one is hating on the Heat franchise, they are hating on the antics of one particular individual...

LiLharvard
01-13-2011, 10:08 AM
No one is hating on the Heat franchise, they are hating on the antics of one particular individual...
well, when is he coming back ,WHAT game.

DKLaker
01-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Man......if Boston found the fountain of youth they would have the greatest team of all time......but NO.....adding another old slow big is a waste of time.......why not bring Reggie Miller out of retirement....lol.
It's like a dinosaur burial ground :oldlol:

ballup
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Yeah, 38 year old Shaq = Prime LeBron. WTF Boston???
You forgot a fizzled Jermaine O'Neil. It's so unfair that Boston is signed these past MVP candidates who are way past their glory days.

Derka
01-13-2011, 06:06 PM
As an update to this, Jermaine O'Neal is confirming that he almost certainly will need knee surgery either during the season or after. With an extended absence likely for JO, we may find ourselves with a Need for Sheed.

Killbot
01-13-2011, 06:13 PM
JO's injury woes + Shaq's foul trouble + Big Baby's lack of size + Garnett's recent knee injury = Sheed needs to come back.

I highly doubt Kendrick Perkins will be at 100% come playoff time.

Sheed can limit Garnett's minutes so Garnett can remain primed and ready for playoffs.

Sakkreth
01-13-2011, 06:14 PM
As an update to this, Jermaine O'Neal is confirming that he almost certainly will need knee surgery either during the season or after. With an extended absence likely for JO, we may find ourselves with a Need for Sheed.

I want video game
Need for Sheed: Technical Fouls

lilojmayo
01-13-2011, 07:16 PM

:lol It is going to be a good series though Heat vs Boston ECF.

TheCorporation
01-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Uh oh, Sheed is comin' back!

BlackWhiteGreen
01-13-2011, 07:35 PM

If true, can we get an injury exception???

Lebowski
01-13-2011, 07:48 PM
JO's injury woes + Shaq's foul trouble + Big Baby's lack of size + Garnett's recent knee injury = Sheed needs to come back.

I highly doubt Kendrick Perkins will be at 100% come playoff time.

Sheed can limit Garnett's minutes so Garnett can remain primed and ready for playoffs.

+1. I, as many, thought that Rondo was more important to get back, and I still think so. However the lack of hustle and def. rebounding with KG out is killing me Jerry, its killing me!

JO's been looking "out" all season. A gamble that went wrong imo. And we need more rebounding. Big Baby is good at many different things, rebounding not so much. Also whats with the "no need for sheed" fellow Celtics fans? He showed up last year when it counted. He was not the only one coasting thru the season, I remember some really UGLY losses last season and we cant blame Sheed alone for those. And its not like hes gonna start..

LiLharvard
01-13-2011, 08:40 PM
i got the need .. the need for the sheed

Derka
01-13-2011, 09:26 PM
If true, can we get an injury exception???

Prof or Real Men could speak to this better than I could. Sheed IS still on the books for $6 million this year and we could always send Semih or Luke to the D League and bring them back for the playoff roster.

JohnnySic
01-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Bye bye JO. Hello 'Sheed.

d.bball.guy
01-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Bye bye JO. Hello 'Sheed.
*blows whistle* Double Technical Foul

Derka
01-14-2011, 02:22 PM
ANOTHER update to this.

Doc confirmed that Avery Bradley will shortly be assigned to the Maine Red Claws.

BallsOut
01-14-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd rather have Rasheed than Jermaine. I cringe everytime Jermaine takes an open 12 footer, because it usually clangs off to the side of the rim.