PDA

View Full Version : Knicks trying to acquire OJ Mayo to send to Denver in Melo Trade..

niko
01-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Chris_Broussard Knicks have reached out to Memphis about sending OJ Mayo to DEN in 3-team deal that would send Carmelo Anthony to New York, sources say.

That's all it says. It's funny, i let myself get talked into the fact Melo would sign off in Jersey (and i think he would) and yet it's really circling around again this may not be the case....

Scoooter
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
And then they trade Melo to Orlando for Dwight!

:rockon:

Nets fan 93
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
How exactly do they expect to do that?

Scoooter
01-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Toney Douglas and some pizza for Mayo.

HB40TheNextStar
01-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Toney Douglas and some pizza for Mayo.

Chicago-style pizza

MeLO MvP 15
01-13-2011, 09:19 PM
I could see Memphis liking Douglas, but it would prob require something else... I would also think Memphis would insist on including Fields, but then NY/Denver would balk

And niko I agree with you, I got all caught up in the BS that these writers spew out that I didn't even realize that personally I think Melo wouldn't sign with NJ.

SethVicious
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM
what the hell would we do with Mayo? we already have JR and Afflalo. I think getting Favors and Harris + some 1sts would be much better

niko
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Supposably (don't ask me why with how he has played) denver likes OJ better than Gallo or Chandler, so maybe one of them. Or Randolph and another asset. His trade value is not super high right now.

niko
01-13-2011, 09:22 PM
what the hell would we do with Mayo? we already have JR and Afflalo. I think getting Favors and Harris + some 1sts would be much better
If you start seeing the Knicks get involved to any degree (and i don't know if they are at all) then i'd have to believe there is some truth to the fact Melo doesn't want to sign off in NJ.

VishaltotheG
01-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Chicago-style pizza

An endless supply of Gino's East

MeLO MvP 15
01-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Supposably (don't ask me why with how he has played) denver likes OJ better than Gallo or Chandler, so maybe one of them. Or Randolph and another asset. His trade value is not super high right now.
I'm not doubting you, but I find it hard to believe that Denver would want a small SG that much unless they plan on trading JR... With Lawson, Billups, JR, Afflalo and even Forbes there wouldn't be much time for OJ... Although I get the feeling that Karl wouldn't mind play Afflalo, JR and Forbes at SF (he always plays 3 guard line ups!!! he's even played a 3 PG line up with CB at SF!!!)...

Don't get me wrong, I think OJ in the right position would flourish as a young piece, I just don't think that place would be Denver unless they follow with another move...

Also, I think one point that hasn't been mentioned a lot is that even though Al has played well so far, he's almost a must in any Carmelo deal just b/c his contract doesn't fit a rebuilding team... so I think if NY could get OJ to Denver, take Al's contract, and get a pick for Randolph, then the Nuggets would listen (unless Kroenke is hellbent on blocking Melo to NY)

lilojmayo
01-13-2011, 09:30 PM

Any report on this statement. Maybe they see what I see and all the great OJ Mayo fans out there see. Maybe they will run plays for him? use him as a combo guard ? allow him to run an offense from time to time? run him in a pick and roll situation? Make him the feature, if not " the main guy" in their offense?

call me crazy, but if they like him better than those two, maybe just maybe that's what they are planning to do.

With that being said, I am not getting any hopes up. I got my hopes up with that last big trade rumor and nothing happened, so i'll just wait and see how this progresses in the next few days.

lilojmayo
01-13-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm not doubting you, but I find it hard to believe that Denver would want a small SG that much unless they plan on trading JR... With Lawson, Billups, JR, Afflalo and even Forbes there wouldn't be much time for OJ... Although I get the feeling that Karl wouldn't mind play Afflalo, JR and Forbes at SF (he always plays 3 guard line ups!!! he's even played a 3 PG line up with CB at SF!!!)...

Don't get me wrong, I think OJ in the right position would flourish as a young piece, I just don't think that place would be Denver unless they follow with another move...

Also, I think one point that hasn't been mentioned a lot is that even though Al has played well so far, he's almost a must in any Carmelo deal just b/c his contract doesn't fit a rebuilding team... so I think if NY could get OJ to Denver, take Al's contract, and get a pick for Randolph, then the Nuggets would listen (unless Kroenke is hellbent on blocking Melo to NY)

Obviously Nuggets won't just be getting OJ Mayo for nothing ( although with Grizz FO, I am not too confident with that statement).

A lot of pieces will probably be moved also probably JR Smith other players also. Chauncey Billups and OJ Mayo backcourt is a very nice sounded backcourt. Mayo has worked with Billups in the offseason in the past in Chicago at A.T.T.A.C.K complex

MeLO MvP 15
01-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Any report on this statement. Maybe they see what I see and all the great OJ Mayo fans out there see. Maybe they will run plays for him? use him as a combo guard ? allow him to run an offense from time to time? run him in a pick and roll situation? Make him the feature, if not " the main guy" in their offense?

call me crazy, but if they like him better than those two, maybe just maybe that's what they are planning to do.

With that being said, I am not getting any hopes up. I got my hopes up with that last big trade rumor and nothing happened, so i'll just wait and see how this progresses in the next few days.
doesn't sound like Karl... as much as I like him, he has no offensive playbook... all of the scoring depends on isos and fastbreaks...

but OJ would probably strive in iso plays and alongside Lawson and Afflalo...

MeLO MvP 15
01-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Obviously Nuggets won't just be getting OJ Mayo for nothing ( although with Grizz FO, I am not too confident with that statement).

A lot of pieces will probably be moved also probably JR Smith other players also. Chauncey Billups and OJ Mayo backcourt is a very nice sounded backcourt. Mayo has worked with Billups in the offseason in the past in Chicago at A.T.T.A.C.K complex
Of course, the player they'd obviously move is Melo!!! ... to NYK, and meaning one of NY's wings (Chandler or Gallo) going to Memphis (prob along with Douglas)

lilojmayo
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
doesn't sound like Karl... as much as I like him, he has no offensive playbook... all of the scoring depends on isos and fastbreaks...

but OJ would probably strive in iso plays and alongside Lawson and Afflalo...

How did Karl use Gary Payton in the Sonic Days ? Mayo is similar in size and built. Maybe he could try that.

Mayo is at his best in pick and roll situations and running the fast break, he has some speed in the open court.

He isn't as good of an iso player as fans seem to think. His first step has improved a lot ( still not elite or close to elite ) , so has his ball handling, but his inability to blow past his guy is the reason he takes a lot of jumpers off an isolation. He is slashing a lot better though

He is at his best when he is in the pick and roll and the defense has to make a decision because he can drive it, shoot it, or pass it. triple threat.

knickscity
01-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Here we go again.....

HB40TheNextStar
01-13-2011, 09:38 PM

Pretty sure the ball would work better in Lawson's hands. But running with the rest of the Nuggets would be nice. He'd flourish.

MeLO MvP 15
01-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Here's a trade idea:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4zwqprs
include the Knicks 2014 pick and another pick from Randolph to go to Denver.

I see the major problem being that it leaves Denver with A LOT of guards/wings that deserve minutes with Billups, Lawson, JR, Afflalo, Mayo, Gallo and arguably Forbes. I guess Karl would play a lot of small ball with JR and Arron playing a lot of SF with Gallo playing some PF.

This trade actually works IMO, it saves Denver $3 mil this year and a lot of long term money by dumping Al Harrington, they also get a good pair of young guys in OJ and Gallo and 2 firsts. Probably the best package they can get involving NY.

NY obviously likes it cuz they get Melo, but they also get to keep Fields and Turiaf to put next to him (with Amare and Felton of course). They might not like getting Al back, but it's a price to pay and he'd be a great sixth man for them.

Memphis gets a pretty good deal because I think Chandler would be a great fit considering his defensive skill and versatility, and they'd be able to play a lot of tall ball with Wilson at SG and he can give Rudy and Zach breathers. Walker and Douglas would help fortify their bench too.

Another trade I thought of is kind of big (but still not as big as some of the rumors) involves Memphis, Denver, NY and Dallas.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4bkqztk
Pretty much the same as above except it adds JR Smith and Roger Mason going to Dallas, Turiaf to Denver and Haywood headed to NY.

While this a lot of $ for NY to commit to, it gives them the perfect big next to Melo and Amar'e.

Denver clears the wing jam, gets a decent back up big in Ronny and saves a lil more money.

NuggetsFan
01-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Here we go again.....

Seriously. This isn't even serious. I honestly have a feeling Denver doesn't really want to deal with NY for some reason. Clearly Melo's favorite. Look at how close things have came with NJ. All you hear about NY is how it's Melo's favorite choice, Amare wants him etc. Never really hear anything about them and Denver getting close on anything.

Whatever. It's got to the point where Melo just flat out isn't good enough for this hype. It's reached it's limit for me. I thank Melo for 7 post seasons, witch he choked in about 90% of them. Hopefully a deal get's struck up soon cause really starting to dislike watching him with the Nuggets. Still believe he's a top 10 guy but with the youth movement looking like it is doubt he maintains that spot for much longer. Besides his rebounding he's been pretty awful this year.

dwightderon
01-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Still not as good as NJ's offer(s).

lilojmayo
01-13-2011, 09:58 PM
The New York Knicks have reached out to Memphis about participating in a three-team deal that would send Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo to Denver and Carmelo Anthony to New York, according to league sources.

Talks are in the infant stages and nothing is imminent, but the discussions are a sign of the Knicks' increased aggressiveness in trying to trade for Anthony.

Emboldened by their belief that Anthony will refuse to sign a three-year, $65 million contract extension with the New Jersey Nets, the Knicks have stepped up their efforts to bring the Nuggets star to New York.

The Knicks have tried to engage Denver in trade talks all season, but the Nuggets, unmoved by the players New York has to offer, have been unwilling to partake in significant discussions. Sources, however, say that is changing as the Nuggets themselves wonder whether Anthony is willing to go to New Jersey.

The Knicks understand they need to recruit another trade partner or two in order to put together a package Denver would be interested in, and that's their motivation for inquiring about Mayo. It is not clear at this point whether Denver is actively involved in the talks with Memphis.

Mayo, who has had a disappointing and controversial season in Memphis, is on the trading block, and the Knicks' hope is that he would satisfy Denver's desire for a promising young prospect. Though the third-year guard is coming off the bench and scoring less than 13 points a game this season, Mayo averaged 18 points over his first two years.

Rumors surfaced last month about Mayo possibly being traded to the Knicks, but the Knicks' only interest in him is to aid them in acquiring Anthony.

The Knicks will also need at least one first-round draft pick to grab Denver's attention, and New York is confident it can get such a pick for Anthony Randolph from one of several clubs. Sources say Indiana was willing to trade a first-round pick to New York for Randolph last summer.

Any Knicks package for Anthony would also likely include some combination of Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari or Landry Fields.

While the Nuggets weren't impressed with those names early in the season, their strong play during the Knicks' resurgence has upped their value, according to sources.

Meanwhile, the Nuggets continue to discuss a possible three-team deal with the Nets and Pistons. In a deal that could include more than 13 players, the Nets would receive Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Detroit's Richard Hamilton while Denver would get Nets rookie Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, two first-round draft picks and several other minor players.

But even if the clubs agree to a deal, Anthony could kill it by refusing to sign an extension to play long-term in New Jersey. Several sources say Anthony does not want to play in New Jersey and has thus far given no indication that he would sign such an extension.

Anthony's agent, Leon Rose, has been pushing for a deal with New Jersey and, in an effort to get the star to sign off on the trade, several people have been telling Anthony that New York doesn't want to break up its current team to get him, according to sources.

Sources say that's why Anthony made the curious comment on Monday in which he wondered whether the Knicks even wanted him.

"New York is playing well right now. I don't think they're looking at me," Anthony said. "They wouldn't want me to come in there and mess what they have up. That's what I've read."

But the Knicks are very interested in Anthony. The club's preference would be to sign him as a free agent next summer and thereby keep their current roster intact.

But in that scenario, Anthony would not receive the $65 million extension and with a new collective bargaining agreement on the horizon, he would risk losing millions of dollars by entering free agency.

If Anthony eventually nixes a move to New Jersey and tells Denver he will only sign an extension with New York, the Nuggets would likely either trade him to the Knicks or a club like Houston that would be willing to trade for him without his signing an extension.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

Looks like the gun was jumped again, this says in the infant stages.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6019859

NuggetsFan
01-13-2011, 09:58 PM
And niko I agree with you, I got all caught up in the BS that these writers spew out that I didn't even realize that personally I think Melo wouldn't sign with NJ.

BS that these writers spew? :oldlol:

Denver and NJ had a 4 team deal ready to go before the season started(right before media day) that Denver pulled out of. Than sources were talking about how Den\NJ\Det had a deal lined up. Wasn't it reported that a GM was upset that the players played that day? Cause they assumed it was going through?.

NJ isn't "BS" .. Ya maybe Melo don't want to sign off. Maybe he want's the extension more than anything just not with Denver, who really knows?. One thing's for sure. The stuff with NJ has been pretty legit.

MeLO MvP 15
01-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Still not as good as NJ's offer(s).
Obviously, but Nj's offers don't mean anything if Melo doesn't want re-sign there, which he won't...

niko
01-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Here's a trade idea:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4zwqprs
include the Knicks 2014 pick and another pick from Randolph to go to Denver.

I see the major problem being that it leaves Denver with A LOT of guards/wings that deserve minutes with Billups, Lawson, JR, Afflalo, Mayo, Gallo and arguably Forbes. I guess Karl would play a lot of small ball with JR and Arron playing a lot of SF with Gallo playing some PF.

This trade actually works IMO, it saves Denver $3 mil this year and a lot of long term money by dumping Al Harrington, they also get a good pair of young guys in OJ and Gallo and 2 firsts. Probably the best package they can get involving NY.

NY obviously likes it cuz they get Melo, but they also get to keep Fields and Turiaf to put next to him (with Amare and Felton of course). They might not like getting Al back, but it's a price to pay and he'd be a great sixth man for them.

Memphis gets a pretty good deal because I think Chandler would be a great fit considering his defensive skill and versatility, and they'd be able to play a lot of tall ball with Wilson at SG and he can give Rudy and Zach breathers. Walker and Douglas would help fortify their bench too.

Another trade I thought of is kind of big (but still not as big as some of the rumors) involves Memphis, Denver, NY and Dallas.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4bkqztk
Pretty much the same as above except it adds JR Smith and Roger Mason going to Dallas, Turiaf to Denver and Haywood headed to NY.

While this a lot of $ for NY to commit to, it gives them the perfect big next to Melo and Amar'e.

Denver clears the wing jam, gets a decent back up big in Ronny and saves a lil more money.

For some reason i feel like if Al came back he'd play 27,000 times harder just because everyone else does this year. He seems like that kind of guy that's not self motivating but feeds off others. It had to be unmotivating for him to be playing for a team that couldn't wait to let him go.

NuggetsFan
01-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Obviously, but Nj's offers don't mean anything if Melo doesn't want re-sign there, which he won't...

Location seems to be Melo's big interest. NY area. He wants the extension. He's came out HIMSELF and said he's signing that extension. It's obvious with the risk of the CBA changing etc. If Denver says I'd rather you walk than trade with NY than Melo might cave.

Pretty sure his agent is pushing for NJ too now, no?. NJ is still a very strong option, stronger than ever IMO.

Tough luck. Should have rode the coatails of a player more interested in winning :oldlol:

MeLO MvP 15
01-13-2011, 10:05 PM
For some reason i feel like if Al came back he'd play 27,000 times harder just because everyone else does this year. He seems like that kind of guy that's not self motivating but feeds off others. It had to be unmotivating for him to be playing for a team that couldn't wait to let him go.
Well I didn't watch him much for NY for the last 2 years, but in Denver he tries like crazy. He actually competes for rebounds and has some good defensive game (and one monster defensive game against Dallas). He stills jacks up a lot of shots and has a bad handle, but I'd def say his goods outweigh the bads.

LilBTheBasedGod
01-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Chicago-style pizza

Thats bogus. The Bulls aren't willing to negotiate.

MeLO MvP 15
01-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Location seems to be Melo's big interest. NY area. He wants the extension. He's came out HIMSELF and said he's signing that extension. It's obvious with the risk of the CBA changing etc. If Denver says I'd rather you walk than trade with NY than Melo might cave.

Pretty sure his agent is pushing for NJ too now, no?. NJ is still a very strong option, stronger than ever IMO.

Tough luck. Should have rode the coatails of a player more interested in winning :oldlol:
I'm just saying, personally, I can't see Melo agreeing to NJ. the only reason his agent is pushing for NJ is cuz he told Melo he'd get him NY and he'd get the commission rate of Melo's extension (i.e. the more Melo gets, the more Rose gets).

Also you can't say NJ is like NY, that's like saying a player would go to the Clippers b/c they're in LA like the Lakers.

knickscity
01-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Infant stages.....

I won't believe til I hear it out of Melo's mouth.

canyoufeelit?
01-13-2011, 10:14 PM

If melo wanted to sign the extension, that trade would've happened already. simple as. he doesnt want to play in NJ.

NuggetsFan
01-13-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm just saying, personally, I can't see Melo agreeing to NJ. the only reason his agent is pushing for NJ is cuz he told Melo he'd get him NY and he'd get the commission rate of Melo's extension (i.e. the more Melo gets, the more Rose gets).

Also you can't say NJ is like NY, that's like saying a player would go to the Clippers b/c they're in LA like the Lakers.

Pretty sure tons of Net's players live in NY or wherever.

Melo said himself he's signing the extension so I don't know. He came out and said he's signing the extension no matter what, no?. Pretty sure I seen the quotes anyways. Soooo it could be an eventual cave.

If melo wanted to sign the extension, that trade would've happened already. simple as. he doesnt want to play in NJ.

toooooons of things can impact a deal. None of the teams included are in ANY kind of rush. And like I said. If Denver can't get anything done with NY? What's Melo going to do? He said himself he wants the extension. With the CBA and shit changing doubt he want's to risk it.

SevereUpInHere
01-13-2011, 10:23 PM
I really can't see us taking back Harrington's contract. He does nothing to help this team.

I can't help but get the feeling nothing is going to happen before the deadline. The reason I say that, Randolph has always been mentioned as a trade piece, wouldn't it make sense to give him some minutes to impress potential trade partners?

canyoufeelit?
01-13-2011, 10:31 PM
toooooons of things can impact a deal. None of the teams included are in ANY kind of rush. And like I said. If Denver can't get anything done with NY? What's Melo going to do? He said himself he wants the extension. With the CBA and shit changing doubt he want's to risk it.

Thats where I'm hoping he'll just resign with Denver :cheers:

prolly not gonna happen though.

bluechox2
01-13-2011, 10:31 PM
i hope walsh doesnt destroy our team in the process.

Bertz
01-13-2011, 10:33 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4bvdr73

Here's my 2 cents. It's not even that big, but might make all teams happy.
Added to these players, the Nuggets would receive the Pacers and Knicks first round picks.

Why would they do it?

Knicks:
Melo. Simple as that really. Also, they get to hang on to both Douglas and Fields.

Grizzlies:
Gallinari would fit right in as OJ's replacement. He has great shooting ability, can stretch the floor, can rebound too. Great backup for Gay, but could play PF too to change things around. Should the Grizzlies want something additional to make this happen, it could be a 2nd rounder or Balkman. A cheap roster addition.

Nuggets:
The Nuggets would receive both Mayo and Chandler, two great, young players with a lot of potential. They get Curry's expirer, plus 2 first round picks, and a lot of possibilities to change things even further around by trading JR Smith for example.

Pacers:
Would be getting the talented big man they are looking for without giving up too much.

New York Knicks
01-13-2011, 10:35 PM
That's exactly what Denver's thinking. They're calling his bluff. The way I see it Melo's stance right now is NO to NJ. But Denver will try to get NJ to keep the offer on the table until the deadline cause they think Melo's eventually gonna cave at the last moment. But if he doesn't cave, they'll be calling NY for whatever deal they're offering. And if the NY deal is no longer on the table then Denver's screwed.

DStebb716
01-13-2011, 10:45 PM
This is just a quick trade I threw together in the trade machine, not really sure if this would be good for all teams, but it works money wise and is at least somewhat intriguing for all parties.

NY gets:
Carmelo Anthony (DEN)
Solomon Jones (IND)

DEN gets:
Danilo Gallinari (NY)
Landry Fields (NY)
OJ Mayo (MEM)
Eddy Curry (NY)
First round pick from NY and IND.

MEM gets:
Toney Douglas (NY)
Arron Afflalo (DEN)

IND gets:
Anthony Randolph (NY)

Kingwillball
01-13-2011, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=Bertz]http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4bvdr73

Added to these players, the Nuggets would receive the Pacers and Knicks first round picks.

Why would they do it?

Knicks:
Melo. Simple as that really. Also, they get to hang on to both Douglas and Fields.

Grizzlies:
Gallinari would fit right in as OJ's replacement. He has great shooting ability, can stretch the floor, can rebound too. Great backup for Gay, but could play PF too to change things around. Should the Grizzlies want something additional to make this happen, it could be a 2nd rounder or Balkman. A cheap roster addition.

Nuggets:
The Nuggets would receive both Mayo and Chandler, two great, young players with a lot of potential. They get Curry's expirer, plus 2 first round picks, and a lot of possibilities to change things even further around by trading JR Smith for example.

Pacers:
Would be getting the talented big man they are looking for without giving up too much.[/QUOTE knicks won't give up Galo and Chandler..probably Curry Gallo Randolph draft pick

MeLO MvP 15
01-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Thats where I'm hoping he'll just resign with Denver :cheers:

prolly not gonna happen though.
same

DStebb716
01-13-2011, 10:51 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4bvdr73

Why would they do it?

Knicks:

Grizzlies:

Nuggets:

Pacers:
Would be getting the talented big man they are looking for without giving up too much.

If there are any draft picks involved (which is required to get the Nuggets to agree to it), then the trade exception can't be used.

AND there is NO way that OJ Mayo is worth Danilo Gallnari. Memphis is getting way too much here without giving much.

Bertz
01-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Oh you can replace him by let's say, Dahntay Jones then, right?

And I guess New York would go pretty far to get Memphis to agree, they might even include Douglas. Then you'd have 2 players that Memphis could really use.

Edit: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6yhq9qb

DStebb716
01-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Oh you can replace him by let's say, Dahntay Jones then, right?

And I guess New York would go pretty far to get Memphis to agree, they might even include Douglas. Then you'd have 2 players that Memphis could really use.

Edit: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6yhq9qb

I just don't think that's enough for Denver to give up Melo, Gallo would have to go to Denver here. It's not going to take much more than Toney Douglas to get Mayo out of Memphis in my opinion. If Denver agrees to this, then the Knicks should just pull back Gallo from Memphis and satisfy them with something less.

New York Knicks
01-13-2011, 11:03 PM
I just don't think that's enough for Denver to give up Melo, Gallo would have to go to Denver here. It's not going to take much more than Toney Douglas to get Mayo out of Memphis in my opinion. If Denver agrees to this, then the Knicks should just pull back Gallo from Memphis and satisfy them with something less.
You're out of your mind if you think Memphis is gonna do a straight up Mayo for Douglas swap. Mayo has way more value than that. I'd say it'd probably be Chandler+Douglas for Mayo and then Mayo + Gallo + (maybe Fields) + Curry expirer + 1st pick (via a trade using Randolph) to Denver for Melo. Maybe a few things switched, but it'll probably look very similar to that.

LastChanceToWin
01-13-2011, 11:06 PM
The Knicks are NOT trading both Gallo and Chandler. It's only going to be one of the two so stop including both in trades.

DStebb716
01-13-2011, 11:07 PM
The Knicks are NOT trading both Gallo and Chandler. It's only going to be one of the two so stop including both in trades.

This.

DStebb716
01-13-2011, 11:08 PM
You're out of your mind if you think Memphis is gonna do a straight up Mayo for Douglas swap. Mayo has way more value than that. I'd say it'd probably be Chandler+Douglas for Mayo and then Mayo + Gallo + (maybe Fields) + Curry expirer + 1st pick (via a trade using Randolph) to Denver for Melo. Maybe a few things switched, but it'll probably look very similar to that.

Mayo doesn't actually have much value. I never said Douglas for Mayo straight up, but Gallo to Memphis would have to mean Memphis giving up a whole hell of a lot more than just Mayo.

New York Knicks
01-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Then you can kiss Melo goodbye.

Scoooter
01-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Giving up Gallo and Chandler and Fields and Toney Douglas and Eddy Curry's contract and a draft pick, all in an effort to get Melo is insane. Walsh should be fired if does something that stupid. Amar'e, Melo, Felton and no one else isn't a good team.

New York Knicks
01-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Mayo doesn't actually have much value. I never said Douglas for Mayo straight up, but Gallo to Memphis would have to mean Memphis giving up a whole hell of a lot more than just Mayo.
You actually think Gallinari's a better player than Mayo? Doesn't matter anyway because in my scenario Chandler goes to Memphis and Gallinari goes to Denver with Mayo. I'd trade Douglas/Gallinari/Chandler/Fields/Randolph for Melo in a heartbeat.

Rekindled
01-13-2011, 11:13 PM
denver, if we give u Gallo(or chandler) + Mayo + our 2014 pick and take back Birdman's contract (or minus pick and take back al 's contract).

would u do the deal?

DStebb716
01-13-2011, 11:15 PM
You actually think Gallinari's a better player than Mayo? Doesn't matter anyway because in my scenario Chandler goes to Memphis and Gallinari goes to Denver with Mayo. I'd trade Douglas/Gallinari/Chandler/Fields/Randolph for Melo in a heartbeat.

Well you better hope Andy Rautins is ready to play a role on an NBA team. The Knicks would be stupid to give up that much, it's more of a risk to do that trade than it is to just not do a trade and hope Melo comes as a FA.

And of course Gallo is a better player than Mayo, he's proved that already.

New York Knicks
01-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Giving up Gallo and Chandler and Fields and Toney Douglas and Eddy Curry's contract and a draft pick, all in an effort to Melo is insane. Walsh should be fired if does something that stupid. Amar'e, Melo, Felton and no one else isn't a good team.
This team IS just Felton/Amare and nobody else good. Chandler is pretty much a catch-and-shoot player on offense and looks completely retarded trying to handle the ball. He looks smooth when he doesn't have too much responsibilities on offense. But if you ask him to start creating off the dribble, we're gonna lose a ton of games. Gallinari has a varied skillset and looks promising, but we might have to wait a while and for all we know he never puts it all together. Fields is GREAT for a 2nd rounder. But come on now, he's not an untouchable player. Douglas is a good hustle guy. But on a good team he should be the 9th or 10th guy off the bench, not the 6th man. The only reason NOT to make the trade is if we know Melo will absolutely enter free agency. But what if at the last moment he signs off on that NJ deal before the deadline?

DStebb716
01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
denver, if we give u Gallo(or chandler) + Mayo + our 2014 pick and take back Birdman's contract (or minus pick and take back al 's contract).

would u do the deal?

That'd be great.

I think the BEST case scenario (that is also realistic) is for NY to give up Gallo, a first rounder, Randolph, Douglas, Curry's contract in order to get Melo.

New York Knicks
01-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Well you better hope Andy Rautins is ready to play a role on an NBA team. The Knicks would be stupid to give up that much, it's more of a risk to do that trade than it is to just not do a trade and hope Melo comes as a FA.

Donnie can easily just pick up teams from the D-League to fill the missing spots. And D'Antoni likes to run a short rotation anyway.

Felton
Walker
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

Williams
Mozgov

And then try to make a move for a backup PG or sign somebody like Rafer Alston or somebody to play 10 minutes a game. He plays starters heavy minutes anyway.

And of course Gallo is a better player than Mayo, he's proved that already.
:roll:

Jasper
01-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Wish someone would call up the Bucks and ask if they could get Redd and Skiles for 50% on the dollar :D

Scoooter
01-13-2011, 11:21 PM
This team IS just Felton/Amare and nobody else good. Chandler is pretty much a catch-and-shoot player on offense and looks completely retarded trying to handle the ball. He looks smooth when he doesn't have too much responsibilities on offense. But if you ask him to start creating off the dribble, we're gonna lose a ton of games. Gallinari has a varied skillset and looks promising, but we might have to wait a while and for all we know he never puts it all together. Fields is GREAT for a 2nd rounder. But come on now, he's not an untouchable player. Douglas is a good hustle guy. But on a good team he should be the 9th or 10th guy off the bench, not the 6th man. The only reason NOT to make the trade is if we know Melo will absolutely enter free agency. But what if at the last moment he signs off on that NJ deal before the deadline?
Then good luck to him in Jersey. Knicks need defense and rebounding. They need a center, period. Melo would be nice, but he's hardly going to put them "over-the-hump" - assuming they're currently nearing the hump as it is. He isn't LeBron.

Melo would be great. I'd trade Wilson Chandler for him. Throw in Curry and maybe Toney Douglas or something.

DStebb716
01-13-2011, 11:24 PM

I'm beginning to think that you're truly a closet Celtics fan. Felton and Amar'e with nobody else good? Fields is one of the most well rounded rookies to play in a while (doesn't do anything GREAT, but does everything good). Chandler has been a pretty good rebounder, and his shooting has improved a lot this year. He has been very consistent. Gallo is one of the best shooters in the game, and he is getting better and better at driving and finishing. Shawne Williams is a solid shooter, Walker is not consistent, but does well from time to time. There is enough talent on this team right now to get out of the first round of the playoffs (I think they can beat the Bulls or Hawks in a 7 game series).

New York Knicks
01-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Then good luck to him in Jersey. Knicks need defense and rebounding. They need a center, period. Melo would be nice, but he's hardly going to put them "over-the-hump" - assuming they're currently nearing the hump as it is. He isn't LeBron.

Melo would be great. I'd trade Wilson Chandler for him. Throw in Curry and maybe Toney Douglas or something.
Obviously as a Knick fan, I'd rather the team give up less than more. But that's not realistic. I know people don't agree, but Melo does fill a need. When the offense gets stagnant, you need a guy to throw it to for that automatic basket and as much as we'd all like to believe that, Amar'e doesn't provide that on a nightly basis. Melo, offensively is on par with guys like Kobe, Roy, and Pierce in being able to create shots. Last night for example, when the pick-and-roll was blocked we were looking to F'n Wilson Chandler to create offense from the perimeter off the dribble. And he couldn't dribble around a statue.

DStebb716
01-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Donnie can easily just pick up teams from the D-League to fill the missing spots. And D'Antoni likes to run a short rotation anyway.

Felton
Walker
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

Williams
Mozgov

And then try to make a move for a backup PG or sign somebody like Rafer Alston or somebody to play 10 minutes a game. He plays starters heavy minutes anyway.

Walker is NOT starter material. That would leave a huge hole at the 2. The 5 position is already a whole with what it is, add another hole to the lineup and you can't win. Sure the Heat can do it, but they have 2 of the top 5 players in the league, and 1 guy that's top 10 or 15.

Scoooter
01-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Which tires them out and leads to them losing to teams like Cleveland. He plays short rotations because the players on the bench are garbage.

Felton
Walker
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

Williams
Mozgov

Rafer Alston? Dear god. Do you even want the Knicks to be good? :D

I'd take Gallo over Mayo in a heart beat. Mayo was a talented player who was good in college when he always got the ball, but let's remember the type of player he is: a short, averagely-athletic tweener guard who's had plenty of chances to prove himself but is now a marginally contributory bench player. Not saying he isn't good, but JJ Reddick is better right now. Gallo's been frustratingly inconsistent, but I think there are fixable reasons for that. He's certainly demonstrated the ability to be a legit player. He's competitive, and he's shown he can be clutch. Plus, he's 6'10" and can shoot, pass and get to the rim off the dribble.

I don't know why you don't like Wilson Chandler though. He's been ballin' this year. He's got his issues, but there's a reasons teams are interested in him.

New York Knicks
01-13-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm beginning to think that you're truly a closet Celtics fan. Felton and Amar'e with nobody else good? Fields is one of the most well rounded rookies to play in a while (doesn't do anything GREAT, but does everything good). Chandler has been a pretty good rebounder, and his shooting has improved a lot this year. He has been very consistent. Gallo is one of the best shooters in the game, and he is getting better and better at driving and finishing. Shawne Williams is a solid shooter, Walker is not consistent, but does well from time to time. There is enough talent on this team right now to get out of the first round of the playoffs (I think they can beat the Bulls or Hawks in a 7 game series).
Fields isn't a go-to player. He does a lot of things well, but he can't generate offense out of nothing. Felton and Amare can in certain situations. Chandler most definitely can't. He'll hit that open jumper and he has that little one dribble, jumper. But he lacks NBA-level ballhandling ability for his position. Gallinari is absurdly inconsistent and disappears for long stretches. His strength is supposed to be shooting but it takes him several shots to get a good feel. Way too inefficient. Melo can create offense from all over the court in any situation. He's the most complete scorer in the NBA. Every team needs a guy like that. When plays break down, you need that guy on the wing that'll go to work and save that possession. The Lakers have Kobe. Miami has their Big 3. Boston has Pierce. The Spurs have Ginobili. Dallas has Dirk. Every legitimate contender has one.

Clutch
01-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Chris_Broussard Knicks have reached out to Memphis about sending OJ Mayo to DEN in 3-team deal that would send Carmelo Anthony to New York, sources say.

That's all it says. It's funny, i let myself get talked into the fact Melo would sign off in Jersey (and i think he would) and yet it's really circling around again this may not be the case....

Things got ever more complicated.
I hope that means that trade with NJ collapsed.

I would give them Chandler/Gallinari + Curry + anyone else + pick from the bench.
But giving Chandler,Gallo and Fields +someone else(I think someone mentioned it) is insane.
We want Melo but we won't give up the whole team just to get him.

Trade Gallo/Chandler for Mayo and send them to Denver along with Curry + pick + someone from the bench (if it's needed to)

Nets fan 93
01-13-2011, 11:39 PM
We'll see about that.

DStebb716
01-13-2011, 11:42 PM
1. Fields isn't a go-to player. He does a lot of things well, but he can't generate offense out of nothing.

2. Felton and Amare can in certain situations.

3. Chandler most definitely can't. He'll hit that open jumper and he has that little one dribble, jumper. But he lacks NBA-level ballhandling ability for his position.

4. Gallinari is absurdly inconsistent and disappears for long stretches. His strength is supposed to be shooting but it takes him several shots to get a good feel. Way too inefficient.

5. Melo can create offense from all over the court in any situation. He's the most complete scorer in the NBA. Every team needs a guy like that. When plays break down, you need that guy on the wing that'll go to work and save that possession. The Lakers have Kobe. Miami has their Big 3. Boston has Pierce. The Spurs have Ginobili. Dallas has Dirk. Every legitimate contender has one.

1. Since when does every player on the floor have to be a go-to player. Man, this is getting to be hilarious.

2. Yea, and those certain situations are when they are on the floor. They are both proving to be able to make their own offense, with or without the ball.

3. He may not be the best ball handler, but 18 points a game is a very good asset whether it looks like Megan Fox or Rosie O'donell.

4. He may be inconsistent, but when he is on then you can pretty much chalk up a win for the team he is playing for. He is an instant crowd favorite for any team, and that gives any team a boost.

5. Melo is one of the best complete scorers in the NBA, but what you're saying the Knicks must give up to get him would force him to be tired out every game, taking him out of the game when the Knicks would need him most.

Scoooter
01-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Please don't make me think about Rosie O'Donnell in shorts.

Rekindled
01-13-2011, 11:46 PM
1. Since when does every player on the floor have to be a go-to player. Man, this is getting to be hilarious.

2. Yea, and those certain situations are when they are on the floor. They are both proving to be able to make their own offense, with or without the ball.

3. He may not be the best ball handler, but 18 points a game is a very good asset whether it looks like Megan Fox or Rosie O'donell.

4. He may be inconsistent, but when he is on then you can pretty much chalk up a win for the team he is playing for. He is an instant crowd favorite for any team, and that gives any team a boost.

5. Melo is one of the best complete scorers in the NBA, but what you're saying the Knicks must give up to get him would force him to be tired out every game, taking him out of the game when the Knicks would need him most.

i didnt want to trade gallo because dude has franchise player potential. but shawn williams has played so well i think gallo for melo would make us better.

New York Knicks
01-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Which tires them out and leads to them losing to teams like Cleveland. He plays short rotations because the players on the bench are garbage.

He played short rotations in Phoenix too.

Rafer Alston? Dear god. Do you even want the Knicks to be good? :D

He can't do a worse job than Douglas. He couldn't pass to save his life.

I'd take Gallo over Mayo in a heart beat. Mayo was a talented player who was good in college when he always got the ball, but let's remember the type of player he is: a short, averagely-athletic tweener guard who's had plenty of chances to prove himself but is now a marginally contributory bench player. Not saying he isn't good, but JJ Reddick is better right now. Gallo's been frustratingly inconsistent, but I think there are fixable reasons for that. He's certainly demonstrated the ability to be a legit player. He's competitive, and he's shown he can be clutch. Plus, he's 6'10" and can shoot, pass and get to the rim off the dribble.

Mayo's criminally underrated. That's all I've got to say about that. What he needs is a change of scenery. Gallo's got some good skills for a 6'10 guy, but let's not act like those are really great skills. They're just good for his size, which he doesn't use to his advantage anyway since he plays like he's 6'0. Like I said, he's shown flashes of what he could be. But it may never happen. Usually players that suddenly emerge as stars after a few seasons do so because of increased roles and minutes. Gallo has gotten both of those and more. He never looks like he's ready. I'm starting to question his drive and if he's right for New York.

I don't know why you don't like Wilson Chandler though. He's been ballin' this year. He's got his issues, but there's a reasons teams are interested in him.
I don't know why people think that. I love Chandler. But come on man, he cannot dribble and he has questionable footwork. At this point I want the Knicks to sell high before he's exposed. He's too stiff. Not one creative bone in his body. I do like that he plays within himself and he never tries to do too much. And he'd be great in a system where he rarely has to dribble. But when Felton sits and there's nobody to get people open looks, they look to Chandler to create offense and he puts it on the floor once and if he can't get his shot off, he passes it back. He was being guarded one on one by a much slower player and he couldn't get past him. I like Chandler as a 5-6 mil/yr player off the bench or as a off-the-ball Shawn Marion type of player in a PG-dominant offense. But Felton, as great as he's been, can't run around while keeping his dribble alive feeding people open shots the way Nash did with Marion. I know I say it a lot, but the most important trait for a perimeter player is ballhandling. No other trait is even close to as important.

Scoooter
01-14-2011, 12:00 AM
He can't do a worse job than Douglas. He couldn't pass to save his life.
That I agree with. Turiaf is actually a better passer than Toney Douglas. He's an aggressive defender though, and he can get hot, but he's really not a point guard.

Mayo's criminally underrated. That's all I've got to say about that.
I'm not saying he isn't a good player. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Knicks as a sixth man type. Give him the ball and let him work. But I see him possibly never making an All-Star Team. Even with the minutes.

Gallo's got some good skills for a 6'10 guy, but let's not act like those are really great skills. They're just good for his size, which he doesn't use to his advantage anyway since he plays like he's 6'0. Like I said, he's shown flashes of what he could be. But it may never happen. Usually players that suddenly emerge as stars after a few seasons do so because of increased roles and minutes. Gallo has gotten both of those and more. He never looks like he's ready. I'm starting to question his drive and if he's right for New York.
I would disagree with a lot of that. There are stretches were Gallo doesn't get the ball for 10 or 12 possessions in a row. Not even touching it. When he does have big scoring nights, he's often pretty efficient.

I don't know why people think that. I love Chandler. But come on man, he cannot dribble and he has questionable footwork. At this point I want the Knicks to sell high before he's exposed. He's too stiff. Not one creative bone in his body. I do like that he plays within himself and he never tries to do too much. And he'd be great in a system where he rarely has to dribble. But when Felton sits and there's nobody to get people open looks, they look to Chandler to create offense and he puts it on the floor once and if he can't get his shot off, he passes it back. He was being guarded one on one by a much slower player and he couldn't get past him. I like Chandler as a 5-6 mil/yr player off the bench or as a off-the-ball Shawn Marion type of player in a PG-dominant offense. But Felton, as great as he's been, can't run around while keeping his dribble alive feeding people open shots the way Nash did with Marion. I know I say it a lot, but the most important trait for a perimeter player is ballhandling. No other trait is even close to as important.
I agree, he's not much of a ball handler. Not as bad as you say, but not great. I actually think Gallo is better at that, but without the athleticism. But Chandler's been hitting his shots and playing well, despite that limitation and despite a point guard who isn't a great distributor. Plus, he plays a lot of games out of position, so you've got to count that in his favor.

Sarcastic
01-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Fields isn't a go-to player. He does a lot of things well, but he can't generate offense out of nothing. Felton and Amare can in certain situations. Chandler most definitely can't. He'll hit that open jumper and he has that little one dribble, jumper. But he lacks NBA-level ballhandling ability for his position. Gallinari is absurdly inconsistent and disappears for long stretches. His strength is supposed to be shooting but it takes him several shots to get a good feel. Way too inefficient. Melo can create offense from all over the court in any situation. He's the most complete scorer in the NBA. Every team needs a guy like that. When plays break down, you need that guy on the wing that'll go to work and save that possession. The Lakers have Kobe. Miami has their Big 3. Boston has Pierce. The Spurs have Ginobili. Dallas has Dirk. Every legitimate contender has one.

:applause:

New York Knicks
01-14-2011, 12:05 AM

You're not getting the point. Go-to-players are rare. As much as I like Landry Fields, hustle guys are common. Stars like Melo are rare.

Really? Do you enjoy that stupid Amare ISO from 20 feet away trying to barrel his way towards the hoop? He's the f'n Center and he spends so much time away from the paint. He comes off curls like a guard. Ridiculous. As good as his jumper has been at times, it ruins floor balance when your big guy is spending so much time on the perimeter. I want his ass on the post. If Lamarcus Aldridge can learn a post game in 4 seasons, I want him to at least try sometime in his 9th season.

Who said it wasn't an asset? It doesn't make him a star though. And he's already maxed out his potential pretty much. His limited ballhandling slows down his entire offensive game. He's never gonna reliably be able to create offense for himself.

Great. And he does it maybe....one quarter every 5 games? I'm sure Kyle Korver has done that too.

It's not like we're talking about irreplaceable pieces here. We're talking about trading for a guy that's been Top 10-15 pretty much every year of his career. We can sign whoever's available in the D-League to fill up the rest of the roster to play 5-10 minutes.

Optimus Prime
01-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Can Melo just get traded already? This is beyond ridiculous.

Clutch
01-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Can Melo just get traded already? This is beyond ridiculous.
:applause:

New York Knicks
01-14-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm not saying he isn't a good player. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Knicks as a sixth man type. Give him the ball and let him work. But I see him possibly never making an All-Star Team. Even with the minutes.

I would disagree with a lot of that. There are stretches were Gallo doesn't get the ball for 10 or 12 possessions in a row. Not even touching it. When he does have big scoring nights, he's often pretty efficient.

Hey, I've argued for him a lot on the Knicks boards where there's full of Gallo haters. But at some point we gotta stop making excuses for him. I know he wants to play that whole unselfish role and that's fine if you wanna be Steve Kerr. But if you want to be a star in this league, you have to say "F U" to everyone else and just go to work. Amar'e has done that all season long. And when he didn't succeed we shitted on him for it. And when it did work, we were yelling MVP. He's gotta call for the ball. When we go a few possessions without scoring, Amar'e calls for the ball. Gallo has to do the same if he wants to be respected.

I agree, he's not much of a ball handler. Not as bad as you say, but not great. I actually think Gallo is better at that, but without the athleticism. But Chandler's been hitting his shots and playing well, despite that limitation and despite a point guard who isn't a great distributor. Plus, he plays a lot of games out of position, so you've got to count that in his favor.
That's the thing about that. He plays PF so you would think he'd have an advantage on the perimeter. But watch the games. He can't get by even the slowest of Centers unless he has a straight path to the hoop. He has the athleticism to do it, but his ballhandling is just so unbelievable pedestrian. I do appreciate what he's done but if I have the opportunity to trade for Melo? I'm pulling the trigger without hesitation.

Scoooter
01-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Hey, I've argued for him a lot on the Knicks boards where there's full of Gallo haters. But at some point we gotta stop making excuses for him. I know he wants to play that whole unselfish role and that's fine if you wanna be Steve Kerr. But if you want to be a star in this league, you have to say "F U" to everyone else and just go to work. Amar'e has done that all season long. And when he didn't succeed we shitted on him for it. And when it did work, we were yelling MVP. He's gotta call for the ball. When we go a few possessions without scoring, Amar'e calls for the ball. Gallo has to do the same if he wants to be respected.
I could see that. I don't there are really many excuses to make though. When he get's the ball, he contributes. When he doesn't, less so. The magnifying glass is just super focused on him right now. He misses a couple of shots, and everyone freaks out. Including Felton.

That's the thing about that. He plays PF so you would think he'd have an advantage on the perimeter. But watch the games. He can't get by even the slowest of Centers unless he has a straight path to the hoop. He has the athleticism to do it, but his ballhandling is just so unbelievable pedestrian. I do appreciate what he's done but if I have the opportunity to trade for Melo? I'm pulling the trigger without hesitation.
I think you're overstating it. He's a good shooter. Plus, you don't want dribble Iso's all the time. The Knicks play best with constant ball movement. Well, all teams do. But especially the Knicks, because everyone can shoot from just about everywhere on the court.

DStebb716
01-14-2011, 12:48 AM
You're not getting the point. Go-to-players are rare. As much as I like Landry Fields, hustle guys are common. Stars like Melo are rare.

Really? Do you enjoy that stupid Amare ISO from 20 feet away trying to barrel his way towards the hoop? He's the f'n Center and he spends so much time away from the paint. He comes off curls like a guard. Ridiculous. As good as his jumper has been at times, it ruins floor balance when your big guy is spending so much time on the perimeter. I want his ass on the post. If Lamarcus Aldridge can learn a post game in 4 seasons, I want him to at least try sometime in his 9th season.

Who said it wasn't an asset? It doesn't make him a star though. And he's already maxed out his potential pretty much. His limited ballhandling slows down his entire offensive game. He's never gonna reliably be able to create offense for himself.

Great. And he does it maybe....one quarter every 5 games? I'm sure Kyle Korver has done that too.

It's not like we're talking about irreplaceable pieces here. We're talking about trading for a guy that's been Top 10-15 pretty much every year of his career. We can sign whoever's available in the D-League to fill up the rest of the roster to play 5-10 minutes.

Then who is there on the Knicks roster to be the hustle guy that every team needs? Landry Fields is a very solid player. He is a very good 6th man. It's not like guys like him just grow on trees. He doesn't do anything wrong, and does everything right. Those guys don't come around every day. You're clearly underestimating his worth.

Amar'e has been playing the 4 a lot so he won't be around the rim at all times. But he does a solid job driving to the rim. Sometimes it does turn into a bad shot, or offensive foul, but it works more times than not.

Not every single player needs to create offense for themselves and be a go-to guy! What is your problem. This isn't the all-star game or NBA 2k10.

lilojmayo
01-14-2011, 02:23 AM
OJ Mayo would not be happy with a trade to Denver, sources say. Mayo wants to go to winning situation. He would love to go to the Knicks.

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

You have got to be kidding me. Stop the madness OJ. Go to Denver get your stats man. Then talk about playing for a big market, not the other way around. What is his PR people telling him seriously.

Doesn't he realize that any situation for him is better than the one in Memphis?

And since when has Memphis been a winning situation.

Foolishness that's all I have to say.

bagelred
01-14-2011, 02:38 AM
holy toledo.....things be going crazy........

RoseCity07
01-14-2011, 02:42 AM
If the Knicks were able to get Mayo, and Denver still b*tched about it not being enough, I'd just cut off all talks.

Knicks got a good thing going on, they aren't the desperate team. New Jersey can still get a top pick this year, they don't need to guy the team.

Denver is lucky Melo doesn't put out the word that he is not signing anywhere. Then Denver would be stuck with him, and he'd leave them and sign somewhere else. Denver would get nothing in return.

RoseCity07
01-14-2011, 02:44 AM

You have got to be kidding me. Stop the madness OJ. Go to Denver get your stats man. Then talk about playing for a big market, not the other way around. What is his PR people telling him seriously.

Doesn't he realize that any situation for him is better than the one in Memphis?

I actually agree with this.

bagelred
01-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Although I do believe Walsh wants to get Melo....another reason for Knicks to get involved is simply to force Nets to give up more for Carmelo. Nuggets and Knicks both have interest in seeing Nets weakened as much as possible, even if Nets do snag Melo. So Denver and NY can work together to make that happen.

I mean, I'm not saying this whole Walsh trying to get Mayo for Melo is BS, but it would be a smart move nonetheless if it was.

bluechox2
01-14-2011, 02:53 AM
i actually think the knicks should give up chandler and gallo, but keep fields for our 2 guard position, he can be valuable still with getting to loose bals, and we wont need to require him to shoot the ball much unless he gets a nice open shot (which he will get alot of i believe)

Seriously pple, we get melo now and we can build our team as it goes along. There will be veterans looking for jobs this offseason where we can split our midlevel since we wont be below the cap. But melo felton and amare is a good foundation to start a new team.

If we can get Melo, send either gallo/chandler to memphis
then send the other remaining to denver
memphis sends mayo to denver
we give up our 2014 pick
trade randolph for another pick (if required)
send curry packing
and try and land a 2nd player to help out the roster a bit ( most preferable a agile center)
we would be looking decent.

shawn williams is proving to himself that he belongs
we can develop mozgov as it comes
turiaf is a good backup
azuibuke may come back after a long stint on the disabled (and trust me if hes 100%, this guy can really play)

I would be happy with a deal giving up chandler and gallo. But hopefully we can keep fields out of any deal

Clutch
01-14-2011, 02:54 AM
Although I do believe Walsh wants to get Melo....another reason for Knicks to get involved is simply to force Nets to give up more for Carmelo. Nuggets and Knicks both have interest in seeing Nets weakened as much as possible, even if Nets do snag Melo. So Denver and NY can work together to make that happen.

I mean, I'm not saying this whole Walsh trying to get Mayo for Melo is BS, but it would be a smart move nonetheless if it was.

I agree.

Clutch
01-14-2011, 02:57 AM
i actually think the knicks shuld give up chandler and gallo, but keep fields for our 2 guard position, he can be valuable still with getting to loose bals, and we wont need to require him to shoot the ball much unless he gets a nice open shot (which he will get alot of i believe)

Serioulsy pple, we get melo now and we can build our team as it goes along. There will be veterans looking for jobs this offseason where we can split our midlevel since we wont be below the cap. But melo felton and amare is a good foundation to start a new team.

If we can get Melo, send either gallo/chandler to memphis
then send the other remaining to denver
memphis sends mayo to denver
we give up our 2014 pick
trade randolph for another pick (if required)
send curry packing
and try and land a 2nd player to help out the roster a bit ( most preferabble a agile center)
we would be looking decent.

shawn williams is proving to himself that he belongs
we can develop mozgov as it comes
turiaf is a good backup

I would be happy with a deal giving up chandler and gallo. But hopefullywe can keep fields out of any deal

Well,I wouldn't like to lose both Chandler and Gallinari but if we bring Melo and a defensive center then we would be contenders.

Felton
Fields
Anthony
Stoudemire
Defensive center

I would like to keep Chandler/Gallo because we need a strong bench to make something big.

bluechox2
01-14-2011, 03:03 AM
chandler/gallo - yea sure we can wait for them but amare aint getting any younger. and who knows how his knee will hold up in 2 or 3 years.

and were talking about possibly getting a player who can easily drop 30ppg a night as he has proven. a player that denver even doesn't want to trade but unfortunately has to...and knicks fans are pretending they dont need him

Clutch
01-14-2011, 03:21 AM
chandler/gallo - yea sure we can wait for them but amare aint getting any younger. and who knows how his knee will hold up in 2 or 3 years.

and were talking about possibly getting a player who can easily drop 30ppg a night as he has proven. a player that denver even doesn't want to trade but unfortunately has to...and knicks fans are pretending they dont need him

We need Melo but we also need a defensive center and it would be nice (if it's possible) to keep Chandler or Gallo in the team who will make a big impact from the bench.

Da KO King
01-14-2011, 03:24 AM
An endless supply of Gino's East
:eek:

I think anyone that has eaten Gino's would agree to that trade.

Snoop_Cat
01-14-2011, 03:24 AM
I don't want Mayo. His problem is that he doesn't get enough shots. That wouldn't change at all in NY, we're better off with Fields (though Mayo is the better player). Scoring aside and the minimum playmaking he'd do with Felton on the bench, Fields is the much better player.

Clutch
01-14-2011, 03:32 AM
I don't want Mayo. His problem is that he doesn't get enough shots. That wouldn't change at all in NY, we're better off with Fields (though Mayo is the better player). Scoring aside and the minimum playmaking he'd do with Felton on the bench, Fields is the much better player.

We would not get Mayo,we would send Mayo along with someone else to Denver for Carmelo Anthony.

Btw,I like your nick
Snoop_Cat :lol

Snoop_Cat
01-14-2011, 03:43 AM
We would not get Mayo,we would send Mayo along with someone else to Denver for Carmelo Anthony.

Btw,I like your nick
Snoop_Cat :lol

That was in reference to Broussard's update about Mayo wanting to play for a winner like the Knicks, my fault for not being specific.

And thanks :D

NY-Knicks
01-14-2011, 05:02 AM
I would like to see the Knicks trade for OJ Mayo, and keep him. He would thrive in Mike's system. I've had enough of all the Melo trade talk, please come up with something new. Media just keeps going with Melo this, Melo that.

Clutch
01-14-2011, 05:51 AM
I would like to see the Knicks trade for OJ Mayo, and keep him. He would thrive in Mike's system. I've had enough of all the Melo trade talk, please come up with something new. Media just keeps going with Melo this, Melo that.

Mayo has potential but Melo is a proven star and we are certain that he would play well.

Taking OJ Mayo is a gamble and it's questionable will he ever be a player as good as Anthony.

niko
01-14-2011, 09:06 AM
:eek:

I think anyone that has eaten Gino's would agree to that trade.
Would this be in Chicago? How are we trading it? :D And if it is in chicago bad on you because now i want it and i cannot have it...

bagelred
01-14-2011, 10:06 AM
True, if are going to trade for OJ, we might as well hold the Mayo.

Mayo's problem is his lack of focus, it would be much better if we had an OJ from concentrate.

I'm here all evening.......:pimp:

ChuckOakley
01-14-2011, 10:16 AM

Mayo's problem is his lack of focus, it would be much better if we had an OJ from concentrate.

It's morning.

And besides, I'm not gonna fall for that again!
I just stood in front of my freezer for 2 hours this morning, because the OJ said "concentrate".

niko
01-14-2011, 10:29 AM

Crack is wack. Cocaine is better. :hammerhead:

ginobli2311
01-14-2011, 10:50 AM
i really hope the knicks find a way to get melo. it would be great for the league. i don't want to see melo waste his prime years on the nets. if he went to the knicks they could challenge for titles starting next year. with felton/melo/amare in place, the knicks could surround that with enough to challenge very quickly.

bagelred
01-14-2011, 10:51 AM
It's morning.

And besides, I'm not gonna fall for that again!
I just stood in front of my freezer for 2 hours this morning, because the OJ said "concentrate".

i smell lawsuit.

niko
01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
i really hope the knicks find a way to get melo. it would be great for the league. i don't want to see melo waste his prime years on the nets. if he went to the knicks they could challenge for titles starting next year. with felton/melo/amare in place, the knicks could surround that with enough to challenge very quickly.
When the rumors started i thoguht DAMN, the nets will keep melo, still have Twill, Harris, all their cap space, picks. This sucks. Since then TWill (by trading for picks) Harris, and their cap space have all gone into the trade to bring back Harrington, Billups and Rip, making this 50 winish team with no title hopes at all. Now i'm either going to get him on Knicks, or he'll go to Nets and take them out of future moves, giving us more freedom.

It's much more relaxing than before. The move for Nets is Favors, Murphy and every single freaking pick instead of taking on Billups and Rip IMO but that doesn't seem to be what they or Nuggets twant to do.

Naruto-sama
01-14-2011, 10:58 AM

While i agree, Mayo is a team first player despite how most people might think of him as a chucker from his rookie year. he's really matured a lot and is as unselfish as i've seen and plays to win. to me he's sort of like Quentin Richardson in their mentality where they're extremely unselfish if they're off or not getting the open shot, basically he's not the type that needs to get his from what i've seen. I think its one of the most misunderstood aspects of Mayo, since all he really wants to do is wiin games it seems. nevermind his own stats.

ginobli2311
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM
When the rumors started i thoguht DAMN, the nets will keep melo, still have Twill, Harris, all their cap space, picks. This sucks. Since then TWill (by trading for picks) Harris, and their cap space have all gone into the trade to bring back Harrington, Billups and Rip, making this 50 winish team with no title hopes at all. Now i'm either going to get him on Knicks, or he'll go to Nets and take them out of future moves, giving us more freedom.

It's much more relaxing than before. The move for Nets is Favors, Murphy and every single freaking pick instead of taking on Billups and Rip IMO but that doesn't seem to be what they or Nuggets twant to do.

if melo cares at all about winning....he won't go to the nets. there is no way in hell that team now or in the future is beating the heat or bulls or magic going forward. even if cp3 came over at some point....it still might not be good enough....and that is a big if.

melo should just put his foot down and say knicks or nothing. and if melo has to sign as a free agent. so be it. the difference in money could be about 15 to 20 million. and i'm not saying that isn't a lot of money. it is. but melo on the knicks could make at least half of that back through endorsements and exposure. and if the knicks were to make it far in the playoffs or win a title with melo.....he'd easily make that money back because he would be huge not just in NY but around the world.

so my guess is that melo would lose maybe 5 million at most of the contract terms if he doesn't get a deal done now. and that really isn't that bad of a situation because that prevents the knicks from having to gut their team to get him.

niko
01-14-2011, 11:07 AM
if melo cares at all about winning....he won't go to the nets. there is no way in hell that team now or in the future is beating the heat or bulls or magic going forward. even if cp3 came over at some point....it still might not be good enough....and that is a big if.

melo should just put his foot down and say knicks or nothing. and if melo has to sign as a free agent. so be it. the difference in money could be about 15 to 20 million. and i'm not saying that isn't a lot of money. it is. but melo on the knicks could make at least half of that back through endorsements and exposure. and if the knicks were to make it far in the playoffs or win a title with melo.....he'd easily make that money back because he would be huge not just in NY but around the world.

so my guess is that melo would lose maybe 5 million at most of the contract terms if he doesn't get a deal done now. and that really isn't that bad of a situation because that prevents the knicks from having to gut their team to get him.

it's funny, at first i was 90% sure Melo wouldn't agree to extension, and then this board and the 7,000 rumors made me 90% sure he would and now i'm wondering because as much as everyone rationalizes it, it's still strange that the Nets deals keep getting close, moving back, getting close, moving back, and now the Knicks appear to be creeping in. If the Knicks creep in, then i think there is some truth there because the Nuggets want no part of us.

I always thought any refusal of an extension was a ploy by Melo to give the Knicks leverage to trade for him so i think we owe it to him to at least make an effort to acquire him that way.

Naruto-sama
01-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Its funny how this Melo trade has been like a horse race where now its like neck and neck between NY trade and NJ's proposed trades, where throughout its been a constant leader then falling behind, etc.

just funny where we're at now with NY and NJ having different trades and it can go either way now

bagelred
01-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Melo also could be trying to save face. Melo's getting alot of "he's only going to the Nets for the money" talk in the media.

Even if that's true, Melo doesn't want that to be the perception. So all of sudden we're hearing "Melo needs to be sold on New Jersey." I think that's being pushed by his PR people. And that's what will happen. The Russian and King will present to him, he'll ponder, and then finally say yes. Making it look like he's happy with Nets direction, as if its NOT about the money (even though we know it is).

That's just a guess, but that's what I think will happen.

ginobli2311
01-14-2011, 11:14 AM
it's funny, at first i was 90% sure Melo wouldn't agree to extension, and then this board and the 7,000 rumors made me 90% sure he would and now i'm wondering because as much as everyone rationalizes it, it's still strange that the Nets deals keep getting close, moving back, getting close, moving back, and now the Knicks appear to be creeping in. If the Knicks creep in, then i think there is some truth there because the Nuggets want no part of us.

I always thought any refusal of an extension was a ploy by Melo to give the Knicks leverage to trade for him so i think we owe it to him to at least make an effort to acquire him that way.

yea. melo is a superstar. he's 26 years old with half of his career left or more. it just seems silly to me that he'd be willing to go to a nets team just for a little extra money in the short term. it really doesn't make sense.

the nuggests have no leverage at all. if melo says "knicks or nothing"....then its on the nuggets. they either get something back....or let melo walk for nothing.

and like i said. it just seems silly to make this decision over the money difference when we all know that melo would reach a new level of star and earning power playing on the knicks.

oh the horror
01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Melo also could be trying to save face. Melo's getting alot of "he's only going to the Nets for the money" talk in the media.

Even if that's true, Melo doesn't want that to be the perception. So all of sudden we're hearing "Melo needs to be sold on New Jersey." I think that's being pushed by his PR people. And that's what will happen. The Russian and King will present to him, he'll ponder, and then finally say yes. Making it look like he's happy with Nets direction, as if its NOT about the money (even though we know it is).

That is what im thinking as well. At this point, im pretty sure Melo is going to be a Net.

And you know what? Thats fine. NY is shaping up to be a decent team without dude.

niko
01-14-2011, 11:21 AM

Honestly that's what you WANT to happen. Your posts on this are all what you want to happen. No hate, but it's something we'll need to discuss in your next counseling session. :cheers: Make sure you bring the check this time.

niko
01-14-2011, 11:23 AM
yea. melo is a superstar. he's 26 years old with half of his career left or more. it just seems silly to me that he'd be willing to go to a nets team just for a little extra money in the short term. it really doesn't make sense.

the nuggests have no leverage at all. if melo says "knicks or nothing"....then its on the nuggets. they either get something back....or let melo walk for nothing.

and like i said. it just seems silly to make this decision over the money difference when we all know that melo would reach a new level of star and earning power playing on the knicks.
as woudl his wife. The wife of NETS superstar doesn't exactly scream star. Knicks? In the middle of manhattan? a bit more...no?

bagelred
01-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Honestly that's what you WANT to happen. Your posts on this are all what you want to happen. No hate, but it's something we'll need to discuss in your next counseling session. :cheers: Make sure you bring the check this time.

haha...not really, I'm just being honest. If i had to put money down, my money is on the Nets. You think there's a greater chance of Knicks over Nets right now? C'mon....

I'd say it's about 75% NJ, 25% NY at this point.

But no doubt, Knicks are better off using cap space on legit center, IMO. Tyson Chandler? Marc Gasol? Dalembert? Nene? Pryzbilla? Oden? Someone of that nature......

knickscity
01-14-2011, 11:28 AM
I remember when Melo said a few days ago, "the Knicks don't want me, why mess that that up", it looked like he was playing a game.

But who knows? I just can't see Melo agreeing to an extension with the Nets.

Having a chance to win could not be a priority for him.

Rekindled
01-14-2011, 11:28 AM
or it could mean that Melo sends that message out there to wake donnie up , same with his comment that the knicks dont want him.

ginobli2311
01-14-2011, 11:30 AM
haha...not really, I'm just being honest. If i had to put money down, my money is on the Nets. You think there's a greater chance of Knicks over Nets right now? C'mon....

But no doubt, Knicks are better off using cap space on legit center, IMO. Tyson Chandler? Marc Gasol? Dalembert? Nene? Pryzbilla? Oden? Someone of that nature......

no way in hell any of those guys are half as valuable as melo for the knicks team. no way. melo will be only 27 next year and is a legit top 10 player in the league and one of the best crunch time players. if your goal is to win titles in NY....you want melo. its that simple. and the knicks could sign melo and oden. the knicks will spend out of their minds if they think they have a chance to win titles.

UK-NJ
I'm not sure it's even possible to place an accurate percentage on where Melo's gonna end up. There's far too many contrasting stories bombing around from 'sources' all over. Me personally? I don't see Melo becoming a Net. The Nets always find a way to make themselves a laughing stock, and this'll no doubt be another notch in the long list of Nets **** ups. Call me a pessimist, but it's hard not to be when you follow the Nets.

knickscity

Oden should be super cheap. Marc and Dalembert will cost more, but worth it.

Naruto-sama
01-14-2011, 11:35 AM
or it could mean that Melo sends that message out there to wake donnie up , same with his comment that the knicks dont want him.

yeah if you take the whole Amare calling him after that, then the Knicks all of a sudden making these pushes for him, it sure seems that way. wheree as before they seemed complacent thinking they could get him in the offseason.

he probably told Amare he's seriously considering the Nets deal for the extension where the Knicks realized they might really lose him. something like that i bet, but i stilll think he ends up in NY. Melo will never live down signing with NJ and going nowhere for the next 3 years playing for Avery...Rip and Chauncey aren't making them a contender. where as the Knicks are a really good fit for him imo...

Naruto-sama
01-14-2011, 11:39 AM

you still aren't going to beat the C's, Heat, or Orlandos in a series with any of them Centeers in a series. i don't geet how you all think they're going to make the difference against the talent lvl of the other teams in the east :confusedshrug:

where as Melo plays a lot bigger than his size defensively and on the boards and has range out to the 3...

ChuckOakley
01-14-2011, 11:46 AM
as woudl his wife. The wife of NETS superstar doesn't exactly scream star. Knicks? In the middle of manhattan? a bit more...no?
Actually the Nets women would be looking pretty good post trade:

Beyonce
Sharapova
Kim Kardashian
Candace Parker
Lala Vasquez

niko
01-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Actually the Nets women would be looking pretty good post trade:

Beyonce
Sharapova
Kim Kardashian
Candace Parker
Lala Vasquez

Please, like Kim will still be there. Who is Candace Parker? I love Sharapova btw. It makes me want to punch Vujacic even harder.

MeLO MvP 15
01-14-2011, 12:07 PM
I remember when Melo said a few days ago, "the Knicks don't want me, why mess that that up", it looked like he was playing a game.

But who knows? I just can't see Melo agreeing to an extension with the Nets.

Having a chance to win could not be a priority for him.
I get the feeling his agent and Masai told him that NY isn't gonna trade for him so that he'd agree to New Jersey, but that's only cuz it's in the interest of Denver and MElo's agent if he goes to Jersey. I hope Melo isn't dumb enough to settle on NJ, if he wants NY, he should get it, even if he loses money.

Something tells me that an NJ trade will be agreed on soon and Melo rejects the offer causing NY to low ball Denver which leads to Melo sticking on after the deadline and then we'll see where it goes from there (then either he gets scared of losing all that money so he signs the extension with Denver or leaves for NY in the offseason).

niko
01-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I get the feeling his agent and Masai told him that NY isn't gonna trade for him so that he'd agree to New Jersey, but that's only cuz it's in the interest of Denver and MElo's agent if he goes to Jersey. I hope Melo isn't dumb enough to settle on NJ, if he wants NY, he should get it, even if he loses money.

Something tells me that an NJ trade will be agreed on soon and Melo rejects the offer causing NY to low ball Denver which leads to Melo sticking on after the deadline and then we'll see where it goes from there (then either he gets scared of losing all that money so he signs the extension with Denver or leaves for NY in the offseason).

Could we make a trade that gets us JR Smith too? I really feel like he'd fit in well here, D'Antoni would be all father figurish and he'd be allowed to shoot all he wanted, i think he'd be in heaven.

BTW, someone told me the Knicks hire bodyguards to follow around their young players and make sure they don't get in trouble. That strikes me as very smart.

Rekindled
01-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Could we make a trade that gets us JR Smith too? I really feel like he'd fit in well here, D'Antoni would be all father figurish and he'd be allowed to shoot all he wanted, i think he'd be in heaven.

BTW, someone told me the Knicks hire bodyguards to follow around their young players and make sure they don't get in trouble. That strikes me as very smart.

we already have fields and billy walker at SG, we dont need JR here. but if that's what it takes to get melo, then yeah

ChuckOakley
01-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Please, like Kim will still be there. Who is Candace Parker? I love Sharapova btw. It makes me want to punch Vujacic even harder.
Kris wasn't part of last week's rumored deal.. or are you saying she's gonna dump him?

And Candace Parker is a rather attractive WNBA players (yes there are some) married to Sheldon Williams (yes, that guy)

niko
01-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Kris wasn't part of last week's rumored deal.. or are you saying she's gonna dump him?

And Candace Parker is a rather attractive WNBA players (yes there are some) married to Sheldon Williams (yes, that guy)

I'd assume Kim will dump him and move on, yes. It seems logical. She must be between shows because Hump is not exactly a draw.

ChuckOakley
01-14-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd assume Kim will dump him and move on, yes. It seems logical. She must be between shows because Hump is not exactly a draw.
You must not know da Hump!

niko
01-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Broussard says Denver does not want Mayo, there by disproving the "story" he started.

da dream
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
How about Knicks Trying to aquire both Marc Gasol and Carmelo in the trade? Would this scenario work?
(tried it out on trade machine, salaries work out fine. Knicks +2 wins, grizzlies -2 wins, nuggets even)

Knicks Receive:
Carmello Anthony
Al Harrington
Marc Gasol

Grizzlies Receive:
Tony Douglas
Danillo Gallinari
Timofey Mozgov
2nd round Pick from Knicks (2011)
1st round Pick from Knicks (2014)

Nuggets Receive:
OJ Mayo
Wilson Chandler
Eddy Curry
1st round Pick from Knicks (2011 - from Twolves for Randolph)

Here's why I like it.

Knicks- get Melo and a Defensive Center. With a new CBA theres no guarantee they can accomplish both of these things. Then they can extend Felton under current CBA so they have him past 2011.

Memphis - Gets rid of OJ Mayo's headache. Marc Gasol is RFA and will probably leave Memphis anyway, unless Memphis matches a ridiculous offer. They receive Backup point / sg in tony douglas. A young athletic center to develop (look what they did with marc gasol when he came from LA), and a sharp shooting wing player who has the size to be a dominant player. Plus two draft picks.

Denver - Save a ton of money by getting rid of Harrington. Have a young player in OJ may who may be a star. Have the ability to resign chandler. Get a lottery pick this season from the minnesota-knicks deal.

Thoughts?

Naruto-sama
01-14-2011, 01:30 PM

i think quite a few pro teams do that for their problem players. i remember the Cowboys did it for that problematic cornerback, i can't remember his name, but he ended up getting into a fight with the bodyguard they hired when he was wasted :oldlol:

Naruto-sama
01-14-2011, 01:35 PM
How about Knicks Trying to aquire both Marc Gasol and Carmelo in the trade? Would this scenario work?
(tried it out on trade machine, salaries work out fine. Knicks +2 wins, grizzlies -2 wins, nuggets even)

Knicks Receive:
Carmello Anthony
Al Harrington
Marc Gasol

Grizzlies Receive:
Tony Douglas
Danillo Gallinari
Timofey Mozgov
2nd round Pick from Knicks (2011)
1st round Pick from Knicks (2014)

Nuggets Receive:
OJ Mayo
Wilson Chandler
Eddy Curry
1st round Pick from Knicks (2011 - from Twolves for Randolph)

Here's why I like it.

Knicks- get Melo and a Defensive Center. With a new CBA theres no guarantee they can accomplish both of these things. Then they can extend Felton under current CBA so they have him past 2011.

Memphis - Gets rid of OJ Mayo's headache. Marc Gasol is RFA and will probably leave Memphis anyway, unless Memphis matches a ridiculous offer. They receive Backup point / sg in tony douglas. A young athletic center to develop (look what they did with marc gasol when he came from LA), and a sharp shooting wing player who has the size to be a dominant player. Plus two draft picks.

Denver - Save a ton of money by getting rid of Harrington. Have a young player in OJ may who may be a star. Have the ability to resign chandler. Get a lottery pick this season from the minnesota-knicks deal.

Thoughts?

i didn't know Gasol was a FA but i can see them matching whatever offers to keep him. I just can't see why Memphis would fold out right now though more than try and trade OJ more than anyone for a piece to make them competitive with the rest of their cast.

InspiredLebowski
01-14-2011, 01:38 PM
I know he's a really good player and all, top 10ish, but this whole thing may be making Melo the most overrated player in the league.

InspiredLebowski
01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/status/25954959665143809 (http://twitter.com/#%21/Chris_Broussard/status/25954959665143809)

DEN has no interest in OJ Mayo, source says, so NYK has to go back to the drawing board.

Go to hell Broussard with your throwing shit against the wall until something sticks. I'd listen to Peter Vescey before Broussard at this point.

niko
01-14-2011, 01:44 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/status/25954959665143809 (http://twitter.com/#%21/Chris_Broussard/status/25954959665143809)

Go to hell Broussard with your throwing shit against the wall until something sticks. I'd listen to Peter Vescey before Broussard at this point.

i think this situation has reached ISH NEEDS TO START A RUMOR SO ESPN REPORTS IT stage.

InspiredLebowski
01-14-2011, 01:46 PM
i think this situation has reached ISH NEEDS TO START A RUMOR SO ESPN REPORTS IT stage.I'll retweet and send it to Broussard. Someone set up an official looking Twitter.

MightyWhitey
01-14-2011, 01:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonytrade011011

[B]Nuggets threaten to trade

InspiredLebowski
01-14-2011, 01:47 PM
welcome to 3 days ago

MightyWhitey
01-14-2011, 01:56 PM
The Knicks will have to give up Chandler and most likely Fields and a #1 pick. This deal would make more sense than the crazy deal the Nets are concocting. Chandler would fill in Melo's spot as a starter. Fields is an exceptional rookie who looks like he'll get better and better every new season. And a #1 pick to entice the deal. The Nuggets may claim whatever they would like to the public. But they are in definite talks with the Knicks and they know that the NYK can make a good package for Melo.

MightyWhitey
01-14-2011, 02:00 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/14/about-that-o-j-mayoknicks-rumor-denver-reportedly-isn%E2%80%99t-interested/

[B]About that O.J. Mayo/Knicks rumor, Denver reportedly isn

Naruto-sama
01-14-2011, 02:09 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/14/about-that-o-j-mayoknicks-rumor-denver-reportedly-isn%E2%80%99t-interested/

About that O.J. Mayo/Knicks rumor, Denver reportedly isn’t interested

This really should have been expected.

The Knicks are scrounging around trying to insert themselves back into the Carmelo Anthony trade talks. They started talking with the Memphis Grizzlies to come up with a trade package that might include O.J. Mayo.

And the Nets said “no thanks, not interested”, according to a tweet from Chris Broussard of ESPN. That would fit with the ongoing pattern of the Nuggets wanting nothing to do with dealing with New York. Broussard also said Mayo didn’t really like the idea of going to Denver — but he would love to be a Knick.

Knicks fans, let’s be honest. There is only one way ‘Melo is coming to the Knicks — he tells the Nets, Nuggets and his agents that New York is the only place he will go, and if a trade isn’t worked out he’ll do it via free agency.

That means he meets with Jay-Z and Mikhail Prokhorov and tells them no to their face. That means he tells his agents — who desperately want him to sign the extension so he doesn’t potentially leave tens of millions on the table under whatever the new Collective Bargaining Agreement will look like — that it is only the Knicks and to stop messing around with other scenarios. It is him telling all the teams that have spent weeks and countless hours putting together the Nets three-team trade he is not playing along.

Does that seem likely to you?

its very possible IF Melo never indicatted or hinted he'd go to NJ in the first place. which some of the reports were saying. ITs REAL stupid on the part of the Nuggets more than anyone taking trade talks that far without Melo's approval and hard to believe but who knows whats true and isn't at this point considering so many reports on this.

There are less reasons why he'd go to NJ though, compared to NY. JayZ, Denver/agent wanting him to, they're moving to Brooklyn, and maybe wishful thinking of getting Chris Paul...and then the cons of playing for Avery on a horrible team(probably even with Rip and Chauncy) going nowhere anytime soon.

vs

the Knicks who are going to compete this year with a good roster, another legit superstar that is a big, NY playing in MSG, and immediate gratification without another year or years of waiting.

IMO he'd be stupid to go to NJ all things considered. There are too many variables that can end up being a awful situation he's locked into.

Not to mention players prefer D Antoni's style of offense over a conservative, more defensive focused one like Avery coaches. And then theres being coached by Avery...

Clutch
01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Just make the ****ing trade,I can't wait and hear hundreds of speculations every day.

What's best for Melo ? Going to NY
Where will he go ? No idea

ChuckOakley
01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
How dare you say that!
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20457259,00.html

[QUOTE]
Kim Kardashian enjoyed her adventures as a single woman while filming Kourtney & Kim Take New York

niko
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
How dare you say that!
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20457259,00.html

i work there. since you quoted people i 100% now know you are right and apoligize for slighting the big hump.

ChuckOakley
01-14-2011, 04:51 PM
i work there. since you quoted people i 100% now know you are right and apoligize for slighting the big hump.
You work for People?

Ikill
01-14-2011, 05:03 PM
even if they can't get Melo they should still get Mayo

Clutch
01-14-2011, 05:06 PM
even if they can't get Melo they should still get Mayo

It's tough to decide.

Mayo has potential to be a great player but it's a big gamble.
He could explode and become an all-star player (maybe even more) or he could play crappy without helping us like we would expect.

Fields is playing good now,I'm very satisfied with him.
I think our priority is to sing a defensive/rebounding center.

NugzFan
01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Just make the ****ing trade,I can't wait and hear hundreds of speculations every day.

What's best for Melo ? Going to NY
Where will he go ? No idea

going to ny is best for melo? Clearly.

MeLO MvP 15
01-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Why do I keep getting negged from this thread... seriously, if you don't agree with me that's okay, but you don't neg someone cuz you disagree (and you could at least put your name in the comment)....

NugzFan
01-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Why do I keep getting negged from this thread... seriously, if you don't agree with me that's okay, but you don't neg someone cuz you disagree (and you could at least put your name in the comment)....

i bet (going out on a limb here) its knick fans!

8BeastlyXOIAD
01-14-2011, 09:30 PM
It's tough to decide.

He could explode and become an all-star player (maybe even more) or he could play crappy without helping us like we would expect.

OMG The OJ Mayo hope still continues :lol :lol

@ Best dude is Jason Terry

lilojmayo
01-15-2011, 02:14 AM
It's tough to decide.

I have always believe the best route for the Knicks is try to acquire the 3 headed monster which reports said they were trying to do last trade rumor, but the Knicks were beating he bottom feeder teams on a little winning streak so they didn't want to mess it up. I firmly believe that wherever Mayo goes, Hasheem Thabeet will be the tag along.

Right now Knicks are 22-17 in 6th place in the East. Don't see them dropping any further than 6th. They will probably face Chicago or Orlando first round. With a strong possibility of advancing to the 2nd round.

I'll take my chances with a 3 headed monster OJ Mayo/Carmelo Anthony/Amare Stoudamire while having Felton as the PG, and keeping Fields. Fields although 6'7 is really long could probably play him at the 3 for a lot of the time and Melo at the 4, since they like to get up and down anyway.

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudamire
C: Hasheem Thabeet

Bench
Landry Fields

I like the sound of this squad, maybe it can become reality soon.

8BeastlyXOIAD
01-15-2011, 02:16 AM
I have always believe the best route for the Knicks is try to acquire the 3 headed monster which reports said they were trying to do last trade rumor, but the Knicks were beating he bottom feeder teams on a little winning streak so they didn't want to mess it up. I firmly believe that wherever Mayo goes, Hasheem Thabeet will be the tag along.

Right now Knicks are 22-17 in 6th place in the East. Don't see them dropping any further than 6th. They will probably face Chicago or Orlando first round. With a strong possibility of advancing to the 2nd round.

I'll take my chances with a 3 headed monster OJ Mayo/Carmelo Anthony/Amare Stoudamire while having Felton as the PG, and keeping Fields. Fields although 6'7 is really long could probably play him at the 3 for a lot of the time and Melo at the 4, since they like to get up and down anyway.

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudamire
C: Hasheem Thabeet

Bench
Landry Fields

I like the sound of this squad, maybe it can become reality soon.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: