PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but D-Rose doesn't have superstar potential

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 05:56 PM
He's a good player, but he doesn't have superstar potential that Lebron and Wade has, and this is why:

Scoring: He is a good scorer, but he's not a efficient volume type of scorer. Besides driving, he doesn't have one reliable go to move. He might occasionally put up 30+ points, but he's never going to have consistently 30+ games like other good scorers in the game.

The reason for this? 1)His size, 2) his style of play. His size prevents him from being able to score easily, when has there ever been a player shorter than 6'3 that's an great offensive player besides Iverson? Also D-Rose's style of play, in my words, it's extremely tiring and difficult. This guy never gets easy buckets, all his buckets have to come to contorting his body and relying excessively on his athleticism, this is to contrast to Kevin Durant, who's the smoothest and most effortless scorer right now. All those difficult buckets will eventually take a toll on his body. Unless he develops a consistently good midrange game, he's offense will always be limited and inefficient.

Passing: Aite I am gonna get a lot of hate here, but Rose is not ever going to be a good passer and PG as Nash, Paul, Kidd, etc. He simply doesn't show the potential to be a great passing PG, and his scoring mentality is not helping him develop into a true PG. Rose also doesn't have the court vision like other great point guards, and court vision is not something that can be developed.

So the maximum potential I see Rose having is a Isiah Thomas type of player, he simply doesn't have the size and talent and potential to be anything more than a scoring PG, aka not a really good scorer, not a really good passer.

HB40TheNextStar
01-16-2011, 05:57 PM
And Zeke wasn't a superstar?

YouCallILose
Rose has top 5 player in the league potential which is a superstar

He will never be like Wade or LeBron which is running for the best player, but that's not his fault. LeBron, Durant, and Howard are just too good and too young

jasonresno
Oh God. Lock?

Orlando Magic
Ceiling: Slightly better version of Marbury. I agree with this thread.

Mr. Jabbar
01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Inb4 WW3

KG5MVP
And Zeke wasn't a superstar?

He was never a first tier superstar.

KG5MVP
Rose has top 5 player in the league potential which is a superstar

He will never be like Wade or LeBron which is running for the best player, but that's not his fault. LeBron, Durant, and Howard are just too good and too young

I don't consider Howard a true super star. He's also a second tier "super star" ala Derrick Rose.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
01-16-2011, 05:59 PM
He's a good player, but he doesn't have superstar potential that Lebron and Wade has, and this is why:

Scoring: He is a good scorer, but he's not a efficient volume type of scorer. Besides driving, he doesn't have one reliable go to move. He might occasionally put up 30+ points, but he's never going to have consistently 30+ games like other good scorers in the game.

The reason for this? 1)His size, 2) his style of play. His size prevents him from being able to score easily, when has there ever been a player shorter than 6'3 that's an great offensive player besides Iverson? Also D-Rose's style of play, in my words, it's extremely tiring and difficult. This guy never gets easy buckets, all his buckets have to come to contorting his body and relying excessively on his athleticism, this is to contrast to Kevin Durant, who's the smoothest and most effortless scorer right now. All those difficult buckets will eventually take a toll on his body. Unless he develops a consistently good midrange game, he's offense will always be limited and inefficient.

Passing: Aite I am gonna get a lot of hate here, but Rose is not ever going to be a good passer and PG as Nash, Paul, Kidd, etc. He simply doesn't show the potential to be a great passing PG, and his scoring mentality is not helping him develop into a true PG. Rose also doesn't have the court vision like other great point guards, and court vision is not something that can be developed.

So the maximum potential I see Rose having is a Isiah Thomas type of player, he simply doesn't have the size and talent and potential to be anything more than a scoring PG, aka not a really good scorer, not a really good passer.

lol... you prolly said the same thing about Wade in 2004.

Kurosawa0
01-16-2011, 05:59 PM
He won't get to the level of LeBron, Wade or Kobe, but he'll be in the conversation with Melo, Durant, Howard etc for the second tier superstars.

Orlando Magic
01-16-2011, 06:00 PM
I don't consider Howard a true super star. He's also a second tier "super star" ala Derrick Rose.

Ok, I went from agreeing with you to KNOWING that you're a dumbass.

Dwight is the best big in the game, and by far and away the biggest game changing defensive player in the league.

The Magic as individuals are ATROCIOUS on defense and yet they continue to be a top defensive team because of Howard. Next.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST

now you just sound like a complete moron.

E_Stamkos
Why do you always go out of your way to play the role of antagonist. It's so blatantly obvious that you just push buttons for kicks and giggles. Its getting kinda old though

YouCallILose
He won't get to the level of LeBron, Wade or Kobe, but he'll be in the conversation with Melo, Durant, Howard etc for the second tier superstars.

I hate to tell you but..just about everyone considers Durant a top 4 player this season and arguably the best player since December 1

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=26422979

Kurosawa0
01-16-2011, 06:02 PM
I hate to tell you but..just about everyone considers Durant a top 4 player this season and arguably the best player since December 1

I'd probably agree with him being at #4, but I'm not going to put him on LeBron, Wade or Kobe's level.

Walduś
01-16-2011, 06:03 PM

:applause:

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Actually you don't judge a player by their rookie season, you judge their potential after 3 seasons. After 3 seasons Wade has broke out to be the most efficient scorer and one of the best all around player in the league. While right now Rose is not even close to that.

Wade 3rd season:
27.2 PPG, 49.5% FG, 5.7 RPG, 6.7 APG, 27.6 PER

Rose 3rd season:
24.5 PPG, 45.4% FG, 4.5 RPG, 8 APG, 22.9 PER

BankShot
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Ceiling: Slightly better version of Marbury. I agree with this thread.

So slightly better than a 2x Allstar, a 2x All-NBA Third team, who had the ability to average 20+ PPG (he did it 7 times in his career) and average 8+ assists per game (which he did 8 times).... not to mention an automatic 3 boards and well over a steal??

Yeah we give Marbury shit for his attitude and his bad and selfish decisions, but when he was on and dedicated he was surely a force.

koBEDABEST
01-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Good points. But the guy is developing a midrange/3pt game. If he keeps working as hard as he is right now, I wouldnt be surprised if averages around 30ppg in the future. Hes already an almost unstoppable driving force.

He may not be a superstar yet but the potential is there.

jasonresno

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=26422979
Top 4?

Kobe
LeBron
Amare
Dwight

Four players without even thinking I'd take over KD. Get off his dick. Westbrook is more important than KD. Rose proved it.

U just mad Rose I more vital to the bulls than Durant to the Thunder.

:troll:

Orlando Magic
So slightly better than a 2x Allstar, a 2x All-NBA Third team, who had the ability to average 20+ PPG (he did it 7 times in his career) and average 8+ assists per game (which he did 8 times).... not to mention an automatic 3 boards and well over a steal??

Yeah we give Marbury shit for his attitude and his bad and selfish decisions, but when he was on and dedicated he was surely a force.

Marbury put up stats and at the end of the day, he never made noise in the playoffs and never helped make his teams great. See Derrick Rose.

YouCallILose
01-16-2011, 06:06 PM
I'd probably agree with him being at #4, but I'm not going to put him on LeBron, Wade or Kobe's level.

Kobe's averaging 25/5/5 on 45 FG%

Durant is averaging 29/6/3 on 48 FG%

Durant blocks more shots, makes more 3's, and is a better FT shooter

KG5MVP
Good points. But the guy is developing a midrange/3pt game. If he keeps working as hard as he is right now, I wouldnt be surprised if averages around 30ppg in the future. Hes already an almost unstoppable driving force.

He may not be a superstar yet but the potential is there.

His driving is not unstoppable, Wade's drive is unstoppable.

Batz

Wow I can't believe how completely wrong all of this is... Even from a troll. Just wow... :oldlol:

YouCallILose
01-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Top 4?

Kobe
LeBron
Amare
Dwight

Four players without even thinking I'd take over KD. Get off his dick. Westbrook is more important than KD. Rose proved it.

Yet virtually everyone on an unbiased site disagrees with you and ranks Rose right around 8-10, with Durant being 3-5 and as high as 1 the past 2 months.

The bullshit agenda's and bias doesn't fly on realgm, they ban the posters

N0Skillz
01-16-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm a gay homo troll ignore me please

smartest thing you have ever said

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Wow I can't believe how completely wrong all of this is... Even from a troll. Just wow... :oldlol:

where is it wrong? care to point out?

BankShot
01-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Marbury put up stats and at the end of the day, he never made noise in the playoffs and never helped make his teams great. See Derrick Rose.

Yawn. :rolleyes:

"Making noise in the playoffs" is about having a solid team around you to beat other solid teams. Excluding his stint with Boston where he was a reserve, he pretty much averaged 20-7 with over 3 boards and over a steal per game.

Like i said, we all give Marbury shit because of his antics and selfishness, but in reality he was definitely a baller. Not a Steve Nash or Jason Kidd replica, but absolutely a special talent in his heyday.

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:09 PM
wow 2 people negged me and called me a troll, how about you provide some ****ing evidence and reason to critic my claims.

koBEDABEST
01-16-2011, 06:10 PM
His driving is not unstoppable, Wade's drive is unstoppable.

It almost is. Theres rarely a point at which he wants to drive but cant.

Orlando Magic
01-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Yawn. :rolleyes:

"Making noise in the playoffs" is about having a solid team around you to beat other solid teams. Excluding his stint with Boston where he was a reserve, he pretty much averaged 20-7 with over 3 boards and over a steal per game.

Like i said, we all give Marbury shit because of his antics and selfishness, but in reality he was definitely a baller. Not a Steve Nash or Jason Kidd replica, but absolutely a special talent in his heyday.

Dude, I'm not saying Marbury wasn't good. Of course he was. As an individual. But his teams were really no better or worse without him.

He played with Kevin Garnett and Amare Stoudemire and did jack shit.

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Dude, I'm not saying Marbury wasn't good. Of course he was. As an individual. But his teams were really no better or worse without him.

Rose is better than Marbury.

Orlando Magic
Rose is better than Marbury.

Slightly.

jasonresno

You got owned. Backpedal backpedal backpedal.

jasonresno
01-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Slightly.
Rose @ 22 is as good as Marbury and has loads of room to grow and has done so every year. You're a clown dude.

8BeastlyXOIAD
01-16-2011, 06:13 PM
TROLL MARATHON

Damn i never seen so much Trolls like this before

koBEDABEST
01-16-2011, 06:14 PM
And Drose doesnt only drive he has that killa floater and ppl r respecting his jumper. Yes his game relies a lot of athleticism and body contortion but so does Wade and a lot of other greats nah? Thats a feeble argument.

KG5MVP
Rose @ 22 is as good as Marbury and has loads of room to grow and has done so every year. You're a clown dude.

Rose has the potential to be a much much better than Marbury, but still doesn't have the assets to be a tier one super star AKA Lebron, Wade, Kobe (at his prime).

8BeastlyXOIAD
Slightly.
22 Derrick Rose is already passed him

Orlando Magic
You got owned. Backpedal backpedal backpedal.

I'm not backpedaling you ****ing tool. Rose is a great individual, but he's not an MVP caliber player. He's a second tier star AT ****ING BEST. He is Stephon Marbury 2.0.

I have no problem with Rose. I like him. What I have a problem with is people trying to elevate him to something that he's not.

icemanfan
01-16-2011, 06:15 PM

This guys is full of hate for anyone who doesn't play for his team. They get a little press and here he comes with his form of "because I said so it is so" bullshit. The kind of poster that dumbs down the entire board.

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm not backpedaling you ****ing tool. Rose is a great individual, but he's not an MVP caliber player. He's a second tier star AT ****ING BEST. He is Stephon Marbury 2.0.

I have no problem with Rose. I like him. What I have a problem with is people trying to elevate him to something that he's not.

This. 2nd Tier.

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:17 PM

The thing that makes Wade and LeBron an efficient volume scorer is because they get the calls and go to the line. Something Rose is developing this season and developing well. Last season he was getting 4.3 freethrows per game, now he's up to 6.0. I see that only getting better. And his perimeter jumper has greatly improved, shooting at a 38% clip right now during the season. Something Wade has never done or even came close to for a full season, and something LeBron has never done.

It's only his third year, he'll improve even more.

You can argue his size, but a lot of his points unlike the previous seasons have came from his outside game. He doesn't have to depend on going to the basket all the time to hurt you. You talk about him developing his midrange game. Have you even watched a good sample of Bulls games this season? His midrange and outside game have improved greatly.

Most people know this who aren't Rose-homers. This isn't the type of point guard he is. It's not like he needs to develop this to be a superstar.

Oh dang, he's just gong to be an Isiah Thomas? How horrible. :oldlol:

Kurosawa0
01-16-2011, 06:19 PM

Durant blocks more shots, makes more 3's, and is a better FT shooter

I'm going to give Kobe the benefit of the doubt because of his rings, but you're right, other players certainly are catching him.

KG5MVP
The thing that makes Wade and LeBron an efficient volume scorer is because they get the calls and go to the line. Something Rose is developing this season and developing well. Last season he was getting 4.3 freethrows per game, now he's up to 6.0. I see that only getting better. And his perimeter jumper has greatly improved, shooting at a 38% clip right now during the season. Something Wade has never done or even came close to for a full season, and something LeBron has never done.

It's only his third year, he'll improve even more.

You can argue his size, but a lot of his points unlike the previous seasons have came from his outside game. He doesn't have to depend on going to the basket all the time to hurt you. You talk about him developing his midrange game. Have you even watched a good sample of Bulls games this season? His midrange and outside game have improved greatly.

Most people know this who aren't Rose-homers. This isn't the type of point guard he is.

Oh dang, he's just gong to be an Isiah Thomas? How horrible. :oldlol:

Rose homers were claiming him to be the next Jordan LOL:facepalm

But isiah thomas was never an MVP, and neither should Rose be

jasonresno

Keep backpedaling you little *****. This is hilarious. Did someone show ISH to some sort of troll asylum? Your words are incorrect and laughable same with the OP.

strike
01-16-2011, 06:20 PM
stfu KG

you dont know shit

Rose is becoming a near enough unstoppable scorer. Having said that, wade did a good job late in the game for the heat. Last two bulls possessions he stopped rose. But wade is an elite defender.
His 3 can still improve for sure. Hes a really good defender aswel (3 blocks was it?). He rebounds the ball well.

And most importantly as a PG, he KNOWs how to get guys involved. When Noah gets healthy his assist numbers will only spike even further.

Sky's the limit for Rose right now.

Of all the young players in the nba, hes arguably got the MOST superstar potential!

Hes not on kobe wade or lebrons level yet. maybe he never will be. But he will be perennial all star and a possible MVP calibre player in the nba for years to come

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Rose homers were claiming him to be the next Jordan LOL:facepalm
If you're going to argue about a player, don't argue about the homers. Argue realistic arguments and debates. We all know he isn't the next Jordan. But he is the best player the Bulls have had playing for them since Jordan. I think as long as he's on the team and the team keeps winning, it's going to heighten the awareness of him.

nicktheman13
01-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Rose is the 2nd best defender at the point guard position.

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:22 PM
stfu KG

you dont know shit

I actually watched every Bulls game this season just to see Rose, I actually like Rose alot, but after watching him so long, I realized he just doesn't have it to be the best.

Meticode
It's all opinions. I personally feel if the Bulls win 50+ games this season while they had Boozer out and extended period of time and Noah out an extended period time while Rose led them with 25/8, I feel he deserves the MVP unless someone else steps up.

KG5MVP

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:24 PM
I disagree. Who's your number 1 defender and number 3 defender at the point guard position?

Orlando Magic
01-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Keep backpedaling you little *****. This is hilarious. Did someone show ISH to some sort of troll asylum? Your words are incorrect and laughable same with the OP.

You're one dumb son of a *****, lol. Next.

LMFAO. That's the kind of shit I'm talking about. Keep it up.

strike
01-16-2011, 06:26 PM
I actually watched every Bulls game this season just to see Rose, I actually like Rose alot, but after watching him so long, I realized he just doesn't have it to be the best.

maybe he will never be THE BEST player in the nba?
But how does that mean he doesnt have superstar potential?

Define superstar?!

Quizno
01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
oh darn, the best derrick rose can be is isiah thomas. what a bummer, bulls fans must be so disappointed to have a guy as good as the second best point guard of all time on their team. sorry this whole derrick rose thing didn't work out guys.

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I thought about Nash when you said this winning two MVPs. And there's no way I'm putting Nash over Thomas.

BoxOutBOXOUT
01-16-2011, 06:34 PM
The league is desperate for stars to market. The truth is there are only a handful of players in the league who are true superstars. Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Dwight, Durant (in the future), Duncan (in the past). There are a bunch of great players, but stars? No. Back in the day you had Magic, Bird, Jordan, Isaiah, Kareem. By today's standards even McHale would be a star, Worthy would be a star, Dumars would be a star, etc. Those guys were good but they weren't stars. This whole "star" fad is just the NBA trying to bring in viewers by overhyping players.

Look at the Celtics today. Rondo's a star? LOL. Pierce is a star? What's Pierce ever done except be fat and wait for KG & Allen to join him? He accomplished nothing before the "Big 3" era. Same with Rondo, who is terribly overrated based on who's playing around him. Yet the NBA insists on pushing it down our throats that these guys are stars. :::buzzer sound::: WRONG. KG is a star, although he's faded out like Duncan at this point. Same with Shaq. Pierce, Allen, Rondo? Good/great players, but not stars.

creamanshrimp
01-16-2011, 06:35 PM
urineidiot. gtfo *******

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
The league is desperate for stars to market. The truth is there are only a handful of players in the league who are true superstars. Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Dwight, Durant (in the future), Duncan (in the past). There are a bunch of great players, but stars? No. Back in the day you had Magic, Bird, Jordan, Isaiah, Kareem. By today's standards even McHale would be a star, Worthy would be a star, Dumars would be a star, etc. Those guys were good but they weren't stars. This whole "star" fad is just the NBA trying to bring in viewers by overhyping players.

Look at the Celtics today. Rondo's a star? LOL. Pierce is a star? What's Pierce ever done except be fat and wait for KG & Allen to join him? He accomplished nothing before the "Big 3" era. Same with Rondo, who is terribly overrated based on who's playing around him. Yet the NBA insists on pushing it down our throats that these guys are stars. :::buzzer sound::: WRONG. KG is a star, although he's faded out like Duncan at this point. Same with Shaq. Pierce, Allen, Rondo? Good/great players, but not stars.

totally agree

Rose
01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Only Isiah? Damn. :oldlol:

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:37 PM
oh darn, the best derrick rose can be is isiah thomas. what a bummer, bulls fans must be so disappointed to have a guy as good as the second best point guard of all time on their team. sorry this whole derrick rose thing didn't work out guys.
That's what I was thinking when he said this, but I suppose he's saying Thomas was not a superstar either. Which I really don't know to classify him that or not, but I see his point.

creamanshrimp
01-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Actually you don't judge a player by their rookie season, you judge their potential after 3 seasons. After 3 seasons Wade has broke out to be the most efficient scorer and one of the best all around player in the league. While right now Rose is not even close to that.

Wade 3rd season:

Rose 3rd season:

ya wade was entering the league at rose's current age, so you have to compare wade's rookie season to rose's current, and wade's 3rd season to rose's 5th, imagine where he's going to be then! gtfo urineidiot fakin troll

The_Yearning
01-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Can't call somebody a superstar until they get at least past the first round. That goes for the overrated Durant as well. T-Mac is the only exception to this rule.

Lol

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:42 PM
ya wade was entering the league at rose's current age, so you have to compare wade's rookie season to rose's current, and wade's 3rd season to rose's 5th, imagine where he's going to be then! gtfo urineidiot fakin troll

Actually 3 seasons after entering the league, most players (except high school drafts) have alrdy show all their potential.

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:43 PM
I disagree on Pierce. What's he suppose to do with the kind of teams that he played with during his prime years? He's going to go down as one of the all-time great Celtics whether you like it or not and he deserves it while he's been sticking out during one of their worse stretches the franchise has ever had until they actually had a team built around him.

YouCallILose
01-16-2011, 06:43 PM

oh ya? well durant at 21 put up 30/8/3

jordan at 21 was in college

durant=goat :bowdown:

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Actually 3 seasons after entering the league, most players (except high school drafts) have alrdy show all their potential.
And maybe for sake of arguing he has shown his full potential. :confusedshrug:

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:44 PM

durant=goat :bowdown:

this. you can't compare player's age

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
this. you can't compare player's age
But Joyner believes Durant is GOAT. :oldlol:

Chicago Brawls
01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Let's set this straight.

Derrick Rose sucks. He can't shot threes. He can't pass. He can't draw contact. He can't manage an offense. He's not a leader and doesn't have a Twitter account.

He also doesn't need your love or acceptance.

Yes, fans should overreact. Especially individual player's fanboys. It's not like there is a new kid on the block that can take away the spotlight out of the established superstars.

The hype is real. Derrick Rose is 3/4 years away of entering his prime. Beware.

Rose
01-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Let's set this straight.

Derrick Rose sucks. He can't shot threes. He can't pass. He can't draw contact. He can't manage an offense. He's not a leader and doesn't have a Twitter account.

Yes, fans should overreact. Especially individual player's fanboys. It's not like there is a new kid on the block that can take away the spotlight out of the established superstars.

And that's the scary part.

nicktheman13
01-16-2011, 06:47 PM
rose at 22: 24/8/5 on 45/38/81
wade at 22: 16/5/4 on 47/30/75

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Let's set this straight.

unless Rose grows 2-3 inches, I dont' see him improving very dramatically.

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:48 PM
rose at 22: 24/8/5 on 45/38/81
wade at 22: 16/5/4 on 47/30/75

does that mean durant is better than jordan?

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:53 PM

does that mean durant is better than jordan?
At 21 years old? Yes Durant is better than Jordan at that age, but it's not to say he's a better player overall. Jordan exploded through his ceiling after he got to the NBA. The question is will Durant fall short of his ceiling, reach it, or explode through it? Vince Carter comes to mind. Carter had such a high ceiling and he just never reached it because of work ethic and not trying to improve his game.

Chicago Brawls
01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
unless Rose grows 2-3 inches, I dont' see him improving very dramatically.

Don't tell Derrick Rose that he is short.

He will get in the gym untill he grows 5 inches.

az00m
01-16-2011, 06:54 PM

Wade 3rd season:

Rose 3rd season:

Garnets 3rd season:

18.5 PPG, 49% FG, 9.6 RPG, 4.0 APG, 20.4 per TS: .527

D-rose has .545

Please don't judge hater

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Don't tell Derrick Rose that he is short.

He will get in the gym untill he grows 5 inches.
He'll probably get that surgery where they break your legs to make you taller. Or is that only for people who are still growing?

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Garnets 3rd season:

18.5 PPG, 49% FG, 9.6 RPG, 4.0 APG, 20.4 per TS: .527

D-rose has .545

Please don't judge hater

KG came out of high school

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:56 PM
So did LeBron. :confusedshrug:

Rose
01-16-2011, 06:57 PM
So did LeBron. :confusedshrug:
So did Moses:confusedshrug:

az00m
01-16-2011, 06:57 PM

And at 22 Derrick rose was still better than KG.

So you were saying?

YouCallILose
01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
KG was never a great scorer

He was just one of the GOAT defenders, rebounders, and big man passers

Meticode
01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
So did Moses:confusedshrug:
I don't know why I posted it. It was the first thing that came to mind. :lol

Rose
01-16-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't know why I posted it. It was the first thing that came to mind. :lol
Oh okay:lol

I was like where is this heading exactly...

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 06:59 PM
And at 22 Derrick rose was still better than KG.

So you were saying?

But KG had potential, he's got height, length, quickness, athleticism

Rose doesn't have that

Rose
01-16-2011, 07:00 PM

Rose doesn't have that
So now he's short for a point guard, has no quickness or athleticism?
DAMN
How is he supposed to be Isiah!?!?!?!?!

Oh wait he was short too.:ohwell:

Meticode
01-16-2011, 07:02 PM

Rose doesn't have that
He's got the two biggest things his position requires. Quickness, he's one of the quickest if not the quickest guard in the league. His first step off the dribble is crazy. And I don't need to say anything about athleticism. He's easily the most athletic point guard in the league if not guard overall.

BoxOutBOXOUT
01-16-2011, 07:03 PM
I disagree on Pierce... He's going to go down as one of the all-time great Celtics whether you like it or not and he deserves it...
McHale is going down as one of the all-time great Celtics too, doesn't mean he was a star. I'm not questioning what Pierce did for the organization. I'm saying that he's not a star.

All stars are great players. Not all great players are stars.

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 07:03 PM
So now he's short for a point guard, has no quickness or athleticism?
DAMN
How is he supposed to be Isiah!?!?!?!?!

Oh wait he was short too.:ohwell:

isiah was never that good, go look at his stats

Meticode
01-16-2011, 07:04 PM
The game is much more than stats sir.

Rose
01-16-2011, 07:04 PM
:facepalm

You were making so much progress as a poster!

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 07:06 PM
The game is much more than stats sir.

stats don't lie

Meticode
01-16-2011, 07:06 PM
McHale is going down as one of the all-time great Celtics too, doesn't mean he was a star. I'm not questioning what Pierce did for the organization. I'm saying that he's not a star.

All stars are great players. Not all great players are stars.
He's a start to me.

Rose
01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
KG5MVP=YouCallILose=Joyner:confusedshrug: with Interminator's scouting ability?:confusedshrug:

Chicago Brawls

He's one of the 50 greatest players in NBA History.

He's in the Hall of Fame.

Meticode
stats don't lie
It's not the only aspect of the game sir.

Meticode
01-16-2011, 07:08 PM
stats don't lie
Well they must lie becuase you said he's not that great of a player, but he's a top 50 greatest player ever. :oldlol:

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 07:08 PM
It's not the only aspect of the game sir.

but it's the only objective aspect of the game

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 07:09 PM
anyways back to topic

Stuckey
01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
http://www.somethingimpressive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

i`m going to post that picture in every kg5mvp thread that reaches over 2 pages

BoxOutBOXOUT
01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
He's a start to me.
Yeah, he is a start, but it took KG & Allen to finish it.

tomtucker
01-16-2011, 07:15 PM
superstar is in the eye of the beholder......he plays like a superstar, but he rarely shows emotion, allways the same pokerface on, i just saw the bulls-heat game, even on the bench, he had a blank stare on.......to fans of the game he will not be a superstar before he shows emotion

MayCeltics
01-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Derrick Rose is a pretend PG. He full potential is Steve Francis.

Great athlete, Great 1st step, Terrible decision maker, Shaky Handles, Turnover machine. Francis was light years better defender. But everything else they are the same player.

Meticode
01-16-2011, 07:16 PM
If Rose's ceiling is being Isaiah Thomas, and he went down as a top 50 all-time player at #44, I'll take it.

Rose
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
If Rose's ceiling is being Isaiah Thomas, and he went down as a top 50 all-time player at #44, I'll take it.
this.

KG5MVP
http://www.somethingimpressive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

i`m going to post that picture in every kg5mvp thread that reaches over 2 pages

lol this thread reached 8 pages in less than an hour

i am probbaly the most successful poster in history

Meticode
Yeah, he is a start, but it took KG & Allen to finish it.
I meant he's a star to me. Sorry for the typo.

Rose
01-16-2011, 07:18 PM
nah my Kobe, and Rondo threads did a little bit better.

Meticode
01-16-2011, 07:18 PM
lol this thread reached 7 pages in less than an hour

i am probbaly the most successful poster in history
You have your pages setup bad. I'm on page three.

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 07:19 PM
You have your pages setup bad. I'm on page three.

i am on default 15 replies per page

MayCeltics
01-16-2011, 07:20 PM
also Steve Franchise had a consistent Mid-J, Rose is getting there but remains very inconsistent.

jasonresno
01-16-2011, 07:26 PM
also Steve Franchise had a consistent Mid-J, Rose is getting there but remains very inconsistent.
If by inconsistent you mean he doesn't shoot 100%, I agree.

Ikill
01-16-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't think he'll ever reach Kobe Lebron Wade level but really i don't think anybody in his generation will other than Blake Griffin so by the time Rose is in his prime he could be the second best player in the NBA.

YouCallILose
01-16-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't think he'll ever reach Kobe Lebron Wade level but really i don't think anybody in his generation will other than Blake Griffin so by the time Rose is in his prime he could be the second best player in the NBA.

Durant is younger than Rose and he is probably top 3-5 right now

Meticode
01-16-2011, 07:36 PM
i am on default 15 replies per page
Horrible.

Rose
01-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Durant's older by about a week.:lol

Ikill
01-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Rose is 5 days younger but what does age have to do with anything they will probably be tied for most of their careers as top 5 players but neither will reach Lebron Wade Kobe level. And no Durants is not a top 3-5 player i would put him somewhere from 7-10.

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Rose is 5 days younger but what does age have to do with anything they will probably be tied for most of their careers as top 5 players but neither will reach Lebron Wade Kobe level. And no Durants is not a top 3-5 player i would put him somewhere from 7-10.

durant is top 5, ur just a ignorant hater

MayCeltics
01-16-2011, 07:46 PM

They hatin. Rose superstar :roll:

Bigsmoke
01-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Marbury wasnt that good in his prime.

Ikill
01-16-2011, 07:52 PM
your hating on Rose

Rose
01-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Marbury wasnt that good in his prime.

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 07:53 PM
your hating on Rose

At least Durant has lead team USA to a gold medal, and has won a scoring title on one of the GOAT efficiencys ever.

what has Rose done?

Glide2keva
01-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Still mad over that complete owning Rose laid down on the C's I see.

MMM
01-16-2011, 07:59 PM
nah my Kobe, and Rondo threads did a little bit better.

Damn i must of missed your Kobe thread.

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
At least Durant has lead team USA to a gold medal, and has won a scoring title on one of the GOAT efficiencys ever.

what has Rose done?
I never said Rose was better there tied right now but lets what happens in the playoffs if Rose again has a great playoff series and gets past the first round while Durant chokes again well then there is your answer.

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
They hatin. Rose superstar :roll:
Durant top 5 player :roll:

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I never said Rose was better there tied right now but lets what happens in the playoffs if Rose again has a great playoff series and gets past the first round while Durant chokes again well then there is your answer.

Durant was guarded by Ron Artest, while D Rose was guarded by Mo Williams :roll: :roll:

Rose
01-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Durant was guarded by Ron Artest, while D Rose was guarded by Mo Williams :roll: :roll:
as for the Rondo series?

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:03 PM
What about 2009

dee-rose
01-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Aw man... Rose is ONLY going to be as good as a top 5 PG all time and the one of the only two point guards to lead his team to a title? :( :cry:

Roundball_Rock
01-16-2011, 08:06 PM

what has Rose done?

Not only show up but raise his game in the playoffs--twice--unlike Durant, who shot 35% while still insisting on taking 21 shots per game in his lone playoff appearance...

Rose
01-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Aw man... Rose is ONLY going to be as good as a top 5 PG all time and the one of the only two point guards to lead his team to a title? :( :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

dee-rose
01-16-2011, 08:08 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This makes me very sad :( Hey, when I was thinking about it a year ago I realized that Rose would probably never be the best PG that was from Chicago... guess I was wrong.:lol

YouCallILose
01-16-2011, 08:09 PM
I already linked a thread with 40 unbiased posters in it. Almost everyone had Durant in their top 5 and as high as 2. 2 people had Rose in their top 5

dee-rose
01-16-2011, 08:12 PM
I already linked a thread with 40 unbiased posters in it. Almost everyone had Durant in their top 5 and as high as 2. 2 people had Rose in their top 5

I agree with that. Durant is 5th behind Lebron, Wade, Kobe and Dwight imo. Although I might take D-will over him.

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:13 PM
I agree with that. Durant is 5th behind Lebron, Wade, Kobe and Dwight imo. Although I might take D-will over him.
I would take Melo Dirk and Amare over him too

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 08:13 PM
1. Lebron
2. Nowitzki
3. Stoudemire
3. Wade
4. Durant/Howard

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:14 PM
1. Lebron
2. Nowitzki
3. Stoudemire
3. Wade
4. Durant/Howard
What a horrible list

Showtime
01-16-2011, 08:15 PM
He wasn't watching the NBA in 2004. He admitted he never saw KG play in Minny.

dee-rose
01-16-2011, 08:18 PM

He somehow fell in love with KG's amazing play in Boston then?:roll:

DRoseOwnsACamry
01-16-2011, 08:19 PM
1. Lebron
2. Nowitzki
3. Stoudemire
3. Wade
4. Durant/Howard
Lol... Amare...

YouCallILose
01-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Top 5 is

1. LeBron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Kobe

and Durant has probably been the best player in the league since December 1

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Top 5 is

1. LeBron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Kobe
naw
Lebron/Wade
Dwight
Kobe
Dirk
Dwill
Amare
Melo
Rose/Durant

YouCallILose
01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
naw
Lebron/Wade
Dwight
Kobe
Dirk
Dwill
Amare
Melo
Rose/Durant

Melo is putting up 23/8/3 on 43% shooting 53 TS%

Durant is putting up 29/6/3 on 48% shooting 60 TS%

you're a joke

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Melo is putting up 23/8/3 on 43% shooting 53 TS%

Durant is putting up 29/6/3 on 48% shooting 60 TS%

you're a joke
I don't give a **** what there stats are Melo is the better player

dee-rose
01-16-2011, 08:27 PM
We should just trade rose right now while he's on this hot streak. He's obviously gonna drop off by next year and by then no one will want him.:lol

Glide2keva
01-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Then why is this thread even taken seriously?

YouCallILose
01-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't give a **** what there stats are Melo is the better player

OH OK

Nash>Rose

I don't care what the numbers say, I watch the games

Showtime
01-16-2011, 08:32 PM
He somehow fell in love with KG's amazing play in Boston then?:roll:
Yeah. Then he saw KG's stats in his career, and became a huge homer. He was on here looking for old KG games because he said he didn't get to see him in his prime.

Zack Ryder
01-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Wow, are you serious bro?

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Kwame > Derrick Rose

I don't care what the numbers say, I watch game

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:41 PM
OH OK

Nash>Rose

:facepalm actually thats fine with me if you think that but your an idiot anyway

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Yeah. Then he saw KG's stats in his career, and became a huge homer. He was on here looking for old KG games because he said he didn't get to see him in his prime.
:lol

N0Skillz
01-16-2011, 08:44 PM
My mom is a slut

I don't care what she says, I watch the videos

Wow, but uhhh your a little bit off topic.

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Wow, but uhhh your a little bit off topic.
:lol

MayCeltics
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM
OH OK

Nash>Rose

Nash>all Points-Guards in the NBA

M.Bustly15A5RU8
01-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Michael Beasley >>>>>> Kevin Durant

I don't care what the numbers say. I watch the games.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

1rkrage
01-17-2011, 12:11 AM
tell rose that he can't and he's going to work on it and prove you otherwise.

looking back at previous posts from years past, people were telling that rose has a low ceiling, he's not getting any better yada yada yada.

rose can't play defense. rose can't shoot the long range ball. rose can't draw fouls.

then look at where he is now, improving all facets of his game. that efficiency will come eventually imo.

We can't know for certain where this kid will be in a few years for sure.

P.S.: lol at the sample size.

VishaltotheG
01-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Sorry but D-Rose doesn't have superstar potential

It's not ok.

TrueRob
01-17-2011, 12:19 AM

I agree with most of this. I like Rose, but I've never seen him as an MVP caliber player. LeBron, Dirk, Duncan, KG.... Rose just doesn't belong with that group of players.

themurph
01-17-2011, 12:34 AM
I agree with most of this. I like Rose, but I've never seen him as an MVP caliber player. LeBron, Dirk, Duncan, KG.... Rose just doesn't belong with that group of players.

He's as good as Dirk and KG....But Lebron, Kobe, and Duncan (in his prime) are on some other shit...But why would anybody expect that in the short time Rose been in the league? Basically, Rose is ALREADY a superstar...He doesn't need any co-sign...His game speaks for itself...

jasonresno
01-17-2011, 12:35 AM
I'd say KG and Duncan fit less in that list than Rose.

KG5MVP
01-17-2011, 12:35 AM
He's as good as Dirk and KG....But Lebron, Kobe, and Duncan (in his prime) are on some other shit...But why would anybody expect that in the short time Rose been in the league? Basically, Rose is ALREADY a superstar...He doesn't need any co-sign...His game speaks for itself...

KG in his prime is equal if not better than Duncan, he just had shitty teammates

Dirk carried the Mavs to a decade of 50+ wins with the second best player being Jason Terry. Dirk probably could of won multiple championships with Tony parker, Ginobili, and Robinson

stop hating nerd

04mzwach
01-17-2011, 02:12 AM
Dwight has been putting up great scoring numbers as well lately.

20+ 20 point games and a few 30+ point games in 38 games.

lilojmayo
01-17-2011, 02:15 AM
Derrick Rose is already the best point guard in the league.

KG5MVP
01-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Derrick Rose is already the best point guard in the league.

probably true because all the PGs this year suddenly drop off significantly from last year

lpublic_enemyl
01-17-2011, 02:49 AM
wow 2 people negged me and called me a troll, how about you provide some ****ing evidence and reason to critic my claims.
LOLUMAD

jrong
01-17-2011, 02:49 AM

Um no, jerky, that's not how it works. Comparisons of where they were at the same point in their careers are far more relevant than chronological age comparisons.

And basically what I see is that Rose in year three is about where Wade was in year two. And to his credit, that's better than I ever thought he would be.

fubu05
01-17-2011, 02:50 AM
LOLUMAD

Not helping. :facepalm

jrong
01-17-2011, 02:55 AM

Who only has Isiah at #44? He's arguably top 20.

KG5MVP
01-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Who only has Isiah at #44? He's arguably top 20.

go look at isiah thomas's stats, it's not impressive

fubu05
01-17-2011, 02:58 AM

Bill Russell = GOAT???

Go Getter
01-17-2011, 02:59 AM

Who cares about stats?

Have you ever seen Zeke play?

He was amazing.....tough, skilled, talented, athletic....he could do almost anything on the court.

KG5MVP
01-17-2011, 03:01 AM
Who cares about stats?

Have you ever seen Zeke play?

He was amazing.....tough, skilled, talented, athletic....he could do almost anything on the court.

you can say the same about marbury and steve francis :confusedshrug:

Go Getter
01-17-2011, 03:02 AM
you can say the same about marbury and steve francis :confusedshrug:

You can't say Marbury and Steve Francis were winners and played the game the right way though.

KG5MVP
01-17-2011, 03:05 AM
actually i take back what i said about Derrick having the potential to be Isiah Thomas, Rose will NEVER be as a good passer as thomas

Go Getter
01-17-2011, 03:07 AM
actually i take back what i said about Derrick having the potential to be Isiah Thomas, Rose will NEVER be as a good passer as thomas

Thanks for your input on the subject I guess?

Nash-tastic
01-17-2011, 03:08 AM
83-84 Season: 21.3 PPG 11.1 APG 2.5 SPG
84-85 Season: 21.2 PPG 13.9 APG 2.3 SPG
85-86 Season: 20.9 PPG 10.8 APG 2.2 SPG
86-87 Season: 20.6 PPG 10.0 APG 1.9 SPG

How is that not impressive? 4 consecutive seasons with 20 points 10 assists average.

12 All-Star Appearance
2 Championships
1 Finals MVP

How is having Isiah as his ceiling bad for Rose? How can you not call Isiah Thomas a superstar?Thomas is Top 5 PG All-Time, arguably Top 3 All-Time.

DaClutch10
01-17-2011, 03:11 AM
D-Rose is already a superstar, why would he need superstar potential? :confusedshrug:

Go Getter
01-17-2011, 03:12 AM
83-84 Season: 21.3 PPG 11.1 APG 2.5 SPG
84-85 Season: 21.2 PPG 13.9 APG 2.3 SPG
85-86 Season: 20.9 PPG 10.8 APG 2.2 SPG
86-87 Season: 20.6 PPG 10.0 APG 1.9 SPG

How is that not impressive? 4 consecutive seasons with 20 points 10 assists average.

12 All-Star Appearance
2 Championships
1 Finals MVP

How is having Isiah as his ceiling bad for Rose? How can you not call Isiah Thomas a superstar?Thomas is Top 5 PG All-Time, arguably Top 3 All-Time.

Simple answer: he's trolling.

fubu05
01-17-2011, 03:17 AM

Who has Rose exactly had to pass to. This season he's realized that and has taken up a bit more of a scoring role. It's the reason his team has had so much success, that and of course the addition of Boozer, but they were doing better than expected without him.

Rose has the ability to be something great, his mid-range game is unparalleled and reminds you of A.I, but of course he isn't there yet, more importantly the dude has the drive and is humble. Please just stop being so negative towards him. He's 22, who knows what he's gonna do next year, or in 2 years.

dee-rose
01-17-2011, 04:23 AM
This is the type of thread you bump in a few months

KG5MVP
01-17-2011, 04:28 AM
This is the type of thread you bump in a few months

or a few years

hkfosho
01-17-2011, 05:07 AM
the fact that there's 5 new threads coming up about drose, whether it be to bash on him or praise him, shows the hype is real. Keep bashing on him haters. It only sweetens the end result, when we look back at the trashies who thought drose never had potential :lol

MMM
01-17-2011, 08:04 AM
It is one thing to argue he isn't a superstar right now but to say he has no superstar potential is nonsensical.

koBEDABEST
01-17-2011, 08:38 AM
^^^my point exactly

PurpleChuck
01-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Joke thread.:facepalm

Darius
01-17-2011, 11:51 AM

His potential is only one of the top 5 PGs of all time... he doesn't have Superstar potential though... :facepalm

blablabla
01-17-2011, 12:40 PM
He will never be 20/10

8BeastlyXOIAD
01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
He will never be 20/10

24/8 = 20/10

simple as that

blablabla
01-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Thats like a center averaging 8rebounds=small forward

dwightderon
01-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Do people think Rose is a top 5 player in the league? I think he is this year.

2010splash
01-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Rose will definitely be the best PG in the league and has superstar potential.

Hell if an offensively challenged guy like Dwight Howard is a superstar......:roll:

Rose is in his third year in the league and is leading his team to a better record than Howard (and they've had 10x as many injuries).

What makes Dwight Howard a superstar.

Or Kevin "chucker" Durant for that matter?

macpierce
01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
he cant with stacy king attached to his nuts
:oldlol:

8BeastlyXOIAD
01-17-2011, 02:12 PM
he cant with stacy king attached to his nuts
:oldlol:

Erik Reed says hello

(Heat commentator biggest Wade homer of all time)

MMM
01-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Do people think Rose is a top 5 player in the league? I think he is this year.

Top 10 +/- a few spots

asdf1990
01-17-2011, 03:21 PM
rose is in the overrated players group along with KDwhistle.

8BeastlyXOIAD
01-17-2011, 03:46 PM
rose is in the overrated players group along with KDwhistle.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

KG5MVP
03-02-2011, 11:07 PM
5/21

33% shooting in last 6 games

kputs
03-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Rose has no swag

Mr. I'm So Rad
03-03-2011, 01:17 AM