PDA

View Full Version : Lakers ain't winning shit this year

konex
01-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Championship teams play well in spotlight games. Lakers don't have one signature win this year. They are 2nd round fodder at best...

Disaprine
01-20-2011, 12:47 AM
:lol

asdf1990
01-20-2011, 12:48 AM
They have the refs on their side .

Naruto-sama
I agree. They've fallen off. Artest is still terrible.

LA KB24
diaf.

Walduś
01-20-2011, 12:49 AM
this is not a heat thread.

icemanfan
01-20-2011, 12:50 AM
I am sure of two things.

#1 Lakers will be fine
#2 Lakers are happy about not winning shit. I am sure they prefer championships to winning fecal matter.

sayitaintso
01-20-2011, 12:51 AM

All the championship caliber teams do. Witnessed it in the NBA finals last year both ways.

Mamba
lakers easily have the best turnover of fans that just flip between hating there team and loving there team.

Naruto-sama
I am sure of two things.

#1 Lakers will be fine
#2 Lakers are happy about not winning shit. I am sure they prefer championships to winning fecal matter.

yeah kobe is probably happy they've been losing a lot lately, and obviously they haven't really been trying because kobe doesn't care about winning and he's telling everybody regular season doesn't matter :facepalm

NBASTATMAN
01-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Championship teams play well in spotlight games. Lakers don't have one signature win this year. They are 2nd round fodder at best...

I am sure you had the same thread last year... DUH

Indian guy
01-20-2011, 12:53 AM
LA was pretty ordinary against good competition last year too.

BuGzBuNNy
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200837 :confusedshrug:

dsrdsr
lakers easily have the best turnover of fans that just flip between hating there team and loving there team.
:applause:

NBASTATMAN
01-20-2011, 12:54 AM
I agree. They've fallen off. Artest is still terrible.

Get rid of him and it won't only be the guards who kill your defense.. The sf will have a lovely time facing the Lakers..Count on it...

asdf1990

I know that's why I said they have the refs on their side.

konex
I am sure you had the same thread last year... DUH

I didn't. I felt they could beat anyone but the Cavs last year

Naruto-sama
01-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Get rid of him and it won't only be the guards who kill your defense.. The sf will have a lovely time facing the Lakers..Count on it...

for what they may have lost on defense, they would've gained that much more from 3 pts and half clutch shots being made. not a offensive liability, and nobody that wants the lakers to win, wants Artest to even touch the ball.

TrueRob
01-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Hmm, well the Lakers' weakness is mainly perimeter defense. Isn't perimeter offense the Spurs' main strength?

Walduś
01-20-2011, 12:59 AM
I know that's why I said they have the refs on their side.
well at least you admit that the heat have the refs on their side. :applause:

ashbelly
01-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Hmm, well the Lakers' weakness is mainly perimeter defense. Isn't perimeter offense the Spurs' main strength?

The spurs and Celtics.

asdf1990
01-20-2011, 01:01 AM
well at least you admit that the heat have the refs on their side. :applause:

They do until the playoff start , that's when the lAkers get the refs especially in game 7's

Walduś
01-20-2011, 01:06 AM
They do until the playoff start , that's when the lAkers get the refs especially in game 7's
nah, look at the heat they have dwhistle to save bronzy in the finals, remember in game 6 in 2006 i think he got like 25 fta. :lol

MMM
01-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Fisher, Artest and Kobe have declined imo and Gasol looks worn out at times if they can get rested for the playoffs then it will be extremely foolish to rule this team out.

Kurosawa0
01-20-2011, 01:16 AM
I don't like counting the Lakers out, but it does bother me that their only real good win this season was against the Bulls in November.

It'll be interesting to see if they get up to face Boston here in a couple of weeks.

ClearYourMind
01-20-2011, 01:17 AM
the OP is using reverse psychology

UtahJazzFan88
01-20-2011, 01:19 AM

I guess the Oklahoma City game on TNT on Monday Night dosen't count.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-20-2011, 01:20 AM

Not if they trick the Rockets into giving them Battier :pimp:

konex
01-20-2011, 01:27 AM
I guess the Oklahoma City game on TNT on Monday Night dosen't count.

If they made 2 or 3 of their 20 missed 3s, they probably win

Laker19
01-20-2011, 01:32 AM
:facepalm

MMM
01-20-2011, 01:41 AM

Why should we expect that. OKC is a terrible 3 point shooting team. They could play that game 100 times and a vast majority of those same looks will be bricked.

Replay32
01-20-2011, 01:50 AM
IMO, I don't think the lakers will when this year. Remember, the lakers have been to the finals 3 straight years and it's not easy to win 3 titles in a row. That is hard to do period. To win multiple championship, not only does it take a talented team. It also take mental/physical toughness, and a WHOLE LOT OF LUCK.

Last year the lakers were lucky that Ray allen went absolutely cold after game 2. He got a lot of wide open looks he normally makes (see 2008 finals) in last years finals series too. He just bricked them.

But you never know. Injuries can happen to teams key players in the playoffs. You just never know.

LiLharvard
01-20-2011, 01:56 AM

Waldus suffered brain damage in a ‘Quentin Tarantino style’ hammer attack , i found the story here.. check it out guys.. good read.. not even joking about this. Hope you get better Waldus, terrible thing to endure.

http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/british-schoolboy-who-suffered-brain-damage-after-a-savage-attack-on-him-by-muslims-loses-battle-for-compensation/

G-Funk
01-20-2011, 02:15 AM
front runner. I hate fans like this dude.

Allstar24
01-20-2011, 02:19 AM
Yawn. Panic threads by the same people every year...never disappoints.

LAClipsFan33
01-20-2011, 02:19 AM
Lakers will 3 peat, been saying this since the day I joined

Derka
01-20-2011, 02:23 AM
This is what everyone was saying when the Celts tanked during the regular season last year. Shows just how little most of us really know.

Playoffs are a long ways away still.

Replay32
01-20-2011, 02:26 AM
Lakers will 3 peat, been saying this since the day I joined

What if they meet a healthy celtics team? You think the lakers are better than the celtics this year? I don't.

LAClipsFan33
01-20-2011, 02:26 AM
What if they meet a healthy celtics team? You think the lakers are better than the celtics this year? I don't.

The Lakers will win

Replay32
01-20-2011, 02:27 AM
The Lakers will win

Okay!!!! :roll:

G-Funk
01-20-2011, 02:29 AM
This is what everyone was saying when the Celts tanked during the regular season last year. Shows just how little most of us really know.

Playoffs are a long ways away still.

A Celtics fan and a Clippers fan have more faith in the Lakers then this sorry ass OP!

fubu05
01-20-2011, 02:29 AM
If you guys remotely think this is the same Laker team from last year, you are sadly mistaken. Their next 11 games are against some of the toughest teams, they face the celtics twice and the spurs once??? They could easily drop down to 3rd seed. Here is how this team is different from the one from last years.

1) Pau Gasol is not the same player. Don't know what happened, but he just looks tired mentally and physically.

2) Artest is still amazing defensively, but offensively dude has fallen off faster than butter on a hot knife.

3) Didn't think this was possible, but Fisher's defense has gotten worse. :(

4) Fisher's D is so bad, that Kobe honestly always has to leave his defender to help Fisher when he gets blown by, and this is why you are seeing the terrible perimeter defense.

Can they turn it around??? Sure they can, they're the ****ing Lakers. They've done it before, but they were never this deep down in a hole before. It's going to be really tough for them to turn it around, and especially since they wont have HCA.

LeFraud Shames
01-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Behold the Konex Curse!!!!!!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31614

Lakers are going to 3-peat :bowdown:

TrueRob
01-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Good teams that the Lakers beat at Staples: Chicago, OKC
Good teams that the Lakers beat on the road: :confusedshrug:

Samurai Swoosh
01-20-2011, 02:33 AM
:oldlol: @ the premature ejaculations

Derka
01-20-2011, 02:41 AM
A Celtics fan and a Clippers fan have more faith in the Lakers then this sorry ass OP!

Its not about having faith in them.

Its January. You take absolutely nothing for granted until the last game of the Title series has been decided. Up until then, anything goes.

Kurosawa0
01-20-2011, 02:58 AM
I still just don't buy that San Antonio beats them in a series and if they get out of the West again, they've got at least a 50-50 shot at winning the Finals.

I think it's actually going to come down to what Kobe has left. He's obviously declining, but how far along is he? Is he Jordan 1998 or 2001?

shadow
01-20-2011, 03:26 AM
As long as Konex doesn't start laker game threads during the playoffs they should be fine.

All Net
01-20-2011, 04:20 AM
This moron made the same threads the past two years..freaking idiot. Nothing but a Kobe fanboy.

Tupac
01-20-2011, 04:21 AM
This moron made the same threads the past two years..freaking idiot. Nothing but a Kobe fanboy.

Looks like it

All Net
01-20-2011, 04:45 AM
I didn't. I felt they could beat anyone but the Cavs last year

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170668

:roll:

Mr. Jabbar
01-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Thank you konex, for your thread has saved the Lakers 3-peat :bowdown:

JohnnySic
01-20-2011, 09:48 AM
The Lakers will be fine. The 2 teams that could have given them the most trouble (Portland and Dallas) have injuries. I just dont think that SA matches up well enough to beat them 4 times.

That said, I've always maintained that this Lakers team goes as Kobe goes. If Kobe cant be *Kobe* anymore, then this current Lakers group has "jumped the shark"...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jump%20the%20shark

ImmortalD24
01-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Well since Konex said it.... :pimp:

No Name
01-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Haven't people said this last year and the year before that? :facepalm

knickscity
01-20-2011, 11:40 AM
So that means they win. Way to go Konex!!!

Pointguard
01-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Remember last year, the Laker's played bad the last three weeks of the season and the first playoff series. They do look rugged now but I think they will iron it out. You still have to go over the top of them.

oh the horror
01-20-2011, 11:53 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170668

:roll:

Wow, so it literally is every year with this guy then. :lol

Droid101
01-20-2011, 12:26 PM
LA was pretty ordinary against good competition last year too.
This times about a billion.

Listen folks... some good wins against crap teams get people to say "Oh! The Lakers care about the regular season, see!"

Then they lose to a good team and people then say "Oh, Lakers care but they just aren't good anymore!"

It's like a broken record. The good wins against crap teams don't mean the Lakers care about the regular season folks, it just means they played a shit ass team that they can beat with their eyes closed.

Let's repeat:

The Los Angeles Lakers don't give a crap about the regular season.

Lakers13
01-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Konex is a Douche, he dumps the Lakers every time we struggle. He's done this every year.

Konex curse in effect

MMM
01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
To be fair to the OP though there dose seem to be something off about these Lakers struggles compared to past years. I still wont count them out but it should be interesting to watch. I mean if the Lakers continue to "struggle" (31-13 isn't really struggling) over the next month would the doubts be warranted?????

Darth Vader
01-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Lakers ain't winning shit this year

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

All Net
01-20-2011, 03:44 PM
To be fair to the OP though there dose seem to be something off about these Lakers struggles compared to past years. I still wont count them out but it should be interesting to watch. I mean if the Lakers continue to "struggle" (31-13 isn't really struggling) over the next month would the doubts be warranted?????
In fairness lakers were struggling badly but 8 wins in 10 games isn't exactly terrible they have improved somewhat

Kurosawa0
01-20-2011, 03:44 PM

I think the difference is that we haven't seen the real Lakers at all. Last year they dogged a lot of games, but you'd still see glimpses of how good they were. That hasn't happened this year. Every time they've played good competition, they've looked very weak.

konex
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM

The difference is that they can't come from back big deficits. To do that, you need timely stops and clutch 3pt shooting. Lakers have neither...

Allstar24
01-20-2011, 04:35 PM
The Lakers were struggling big time heading into the playoffs last year..they lost 8 of their last 12 games. But they turned it on when it was playoff time. So you should have learned your lesson last year...absolutely no need to panic, especially this early in the season. I wouldn't even worry if they're playing like this a week before the playoffs. They know when it's time to show up.

MMM
01-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I think the difference is that we haven't seen the real Lakers at all. Last year they dogged a lot of games, but you'd still see glimpses of how good they were. That hasn't happened this year. Every time they've played good competition, they've looked very weak.

I agree with this. We all know how good they can play from past years but this year they haven't shown it yet. That doesn't mean they can't turn it up for the playoffs but I'm sure LA fans would like to see there team turn it up a bit more for the reg season at least when it comes to other elite teams.

All Net
01-20-2011, 05:47 PM
I agree with this. We all know how good they can play from past years but this year they haven't shown it yet. That doesn't mean they can't turn it up for the playoffs but I'm sure LA fans would like to see there team turn it up a bit more for the reg season at least when it comes to other elite teams.
Wins over jazz, celtics and spurs would help starting next week

gts
01-20-2011, 05:50 PM
konex has to be a gimmick of another non laker fan on the board.... the question is who, the posting style is familiar....

Big#50
01-20-2011, 05:51 PM
What I find funy is that Lakers fans act like the Lakers become this juggernaut in the playoffs., they don't. They needed two buzzer beaters to take control of the Thunder and Suns series. They needed Perkins to blow out his knee to beat Boston. Its not like they are the 2001 Lakers. They were rather lucky to win it last year. They are one year older. Teams got better.

momo
01-20-2011, 05:55 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_A7vd1oW85hU/TN9CrSVXg1I/AAAAAAAAEHE/8Ev_aH5HC-E/s1600/don_t_panic_button.jpg

rmt
01-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Lakers are pretty much guaranteed a top 4 seed with the way PHX is playing. They don't need HCA except maybe against BOS. Is it possible to not have HCA if #5 team has a better record than a division winner?

crosso√er
01-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Konex, why don't you worry about your own team?

schism206
01-20-2011, 07:51 PM
the lakers will still be a force in the playoffs regardless if they are a 3-4 seed (but most likely they will be 2). but i don't think they are as clear cut for the west as last year, but it certainly won't be a surprise for them to reach the finals save for some major injury to gasol/kobe/odom. the spurs are their only real elite threat. the mavs always have a good season, but never elevate their game for the playoff's enough to get to the finals. in fact, since they made it to the finals vs. the heat, it seems every playoffs they've exited earlier than anticipated. OKC can give them trouble, but i just don't see them beating the lakers in a 7 game series due to size & experience.

fisher will make clutch shots (to make up for his defensive shortcomings), kobe will get his, artest will shut down a key player for stretches etc. etc. it will be much more challenging to win it all this year, but a lot of teams have a tendency to crumble come playoffs, and the lakers make it through. having said that, i am not a laker fan, and i don't want them to win, but in reality, they will be in the western conference finals and most likely winning it (though the spurs will be tough this year), perhaps another championship but a healthy boston or heat could derail them.

TrueRob
01-20-2011, 08:00 PM
During the last regular season, the Lakers won @OKC, @Utah, @Pheonix and @Boston. Notice the trend? Those teams eventually became the Lakers' playoff opponents. This season, they definitely want to win or come close to winning: @Boston, @Orlando, @Miami, @San Antonio, @Dallas etc. I won't write the Lakers off, because they haven't played their toughest games yet.

Eat Like A Bosh
01-20-2011, 10:15 PM
As a Laker Fan, I'm not worried at all.
Look at Boston last year. Everybody was writing them off. And they whooped Clevveland.
And the Lakers last year lost 8 of their final 12 games, including losing the #2 best record to the Magic, giving up Home Court in case they meet.
They both turned out fine.

dazzer87
01-20-2011, 11:20 PM
What I find funy is that Lakers fans act like the Lakers become this juggernaut in the playoffs., they don't. They needed two buzzer beaters to take control of the Thunder and Suns series. They needed Perkins to blow out his knee to beat Boston. Its not like they are the 2001 Lakers. They were rather lucky to win it last year. They are one year older. Teams got better.
1++++++

konex
01-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Another terrible performance in a "statement" game. At home no less...

Mr. Jabbar
01-30-2011, 07:03 PM

Kobes cast makes me wanna puke, and that gasoft guy, worst soft unwatchable liability a friken PUKE

Dwade305
01-30-2011, 07:08 PM
sorry man no konex curse this time, Lakers taking the L up the ass today

LakerDefense8
01-30-2011, 07:11 PM
With the way they have been playing, it is hard not to agree.

Kujo
01-30-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm more convinced of this as the season goes on. I'll be quite happy if it ends up being true.

The Lakers have risen to the occasion in the playoffs the last two years, so we'll see.

KingKobe
01-30-2011, 07:19 PM
playoff time my nigs

BrilliantLegacy
01-30-2011, 07:24 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

jlauber
01-30-2011, 07:33 PM
As a Laker fan, I am VERY concerned. Bad enough that they get smacked on their home floor by a very good Celtic team, but they also lost a horrible King's team, and again on their own floor, just Friday night.

Jackson seems to have no answer, either. In any case, at this point in the season, LA is not close to being a championship team. And we are now at the point in the season where W-L records are beginning to get locked in. After 48 games, the Lakers record is a very good indication of what kind of a team they are...which is, probably about the 5th or 6th best team in the league. Hopefully I am wrong here, but I am not sure that they could beat Dallas, New Orleans, or Oklahoma City in a best-of-seven series, much less the Heat, Celtics, Bulls, Magic, or San Antonio.

Doranku
01-30-2011, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't be worried if we were in position to get Homecourt Advantage again, but sadly that isn't going to be the case.

We've yet to see LA with a healthy Bynum on the road during the Playoffs, so we'll find out, I guess.

I can't say I'm too confident about it at this point, though.

lpublic_enemyl
01-30-2011, 07:49 PM
konex u are one of the worst fans ever

NauruDude
01-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Haha are you serious. Pau Gasol, Kobe Bryant have won player of the week and all-star recognition respectively (if that isnt shit then Ill move to Egypt

laronprofit9
01-30-2011, 07:53 PM
This season is a lot like last season. 2009 Lakers and 2000 Lakers were really the only times they took the full regular season seriously and won 65 and 67 games respectively.

In 2001 they won 56 games, 2002 58 games, 2010 57 games. This season they are probably gonna end up some where from 55 to 60 wins at the end of season.

Lot of people were writing off the Lakers last season if they could repeat or not, cuz they had a big drop off in wins from the previous season. And they struggled in the last 10 games of the regular season(4 wins 6 losses). Still managed to win the championship in 2010.

They always seem to go through some regular season funk, and then pick it up in the playoffs.

kingkong
01-30-2011, 07:55 PM
they play the Rockets, Spurs and Hornets next, it will be interesting to see how many they win

Zach Morris
01-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Same story, new writer. Every year. :oldlol: .

Kurosawa0
01-30-2011, 08:08 PM
One thing that bugs me when I pick the Lakers to come out of the West is that we haven't seen them play well this year. Before, they'd have lulls for sure, but then they'd have stretches where they looked almost unbeatable. They haven't done that this year. They've been playing down all year.

Jacks3
01-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Meh. 3 straight Finals and back-to-back Championships. They're 33-15 this year, have the 3rd best record, and are the best offensive team in the league. It's not that bad. Still don't see anybody beating them in a 7 game series in the West.

konex
01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
This season is a lot like last season.

I disagree. They usually competed in big games last year and were rarely blown out when they did lose games

#1SportsFan86
01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Well the Lakers aren't fooling me like they did last season...they where playing bad last season and still went to the NBA Finals.

What is concerning If I where a Lakers fan is if the Lakers have to play of the road the in the first round of the playoffs.

Harion
01-30-2011, 08:22 PM
konex hoping his curse still works :lol dream on man

rmt
01-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Kobes cast makes me wanna puke, and that gasoft guy, worst soft unwatchable liability a friken PUKE

Why don't you trade Gasol, Bynum and Odom for Dice, Blair and Bonner? Then you fans would really have something to complain about.

konex
02-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Lakers barely beat NO with a 27-4 ft advantage (on the road), w/o Ariza and Okafor. Oh and West was in foul trouble all game! Man, this team is doomed...

SoCalMike
02-06-2011, 03:07 AM
Lakers barely beat NO with a 27-4 ft advantage (on the road), w/o Ariza and Okafor. Oh and West was in foul trouble all game! Man, this team is doomed...

why are you such a douche? seriously... you are like the worst kind of laker fan there is. can you stop posting on laker content?

:pimp:

konex
02-06-2011, 03:11 AM
why are you such a douche? seriously... you are like the worst kind of laker fan there is. can you stop posting on laker content?

I didn't know it was bad to be a realistic fan...

SoCalMike
02-06-2011, 03:15 AM
I didn't know it was bad to be a realistic fan...
you are NOT a realistic fan... you are a homer and a kobe fan over the team...

just stop being an alleged laker fan and stop posting in laker threads and we're cool.

Micku
02-06-2011, 03:22 AM
I wouldn't count them out even though this year seems different from the other years.

Last year, they struggled too, but they still found a way to win it. It was also different last year. They were more in rhythm than this year. Plus last year the teams that gave them trouble in the regular season were knock out early in the playoffs. It was straight out upset year.

I don't think they are like the Boston Celtics of 2010. But you never know. The situation is a little similar. The Celts had injuries and backstage drama that they dealt with.

Lakers are similar, but they seem more out of rhythm this year. But the playoffs are different than the regular season. They can and probably will turn it up in the playoffs. The biggest thing about last year was lack of effort. This year it seems it is a mixture of things.

LA_Showtime
02-06-2011, 03:26 AM
I wouldn't count them out even though this year seems different from the other years.

Last year, they struggled too, but they still found a way to win it. It was also different last year. They were more in rhythm than this year. Plus last year the teams that gave them trouble in the regular season were knock out early in the playoffs. It was straight out upset year.

I don't think they are like the Boston Celtics of 2010. But you never know. The situation is a little similar. The Celts had injuries and backstage drama that they dealt with.

Lakers are similar, but they seem more out of rhythm this year. But the playoffs are different than the regular season. They can and probably will turn it up in the playoffs. The biggest thing about last year was lack of effort. This year it seems it is a mixture of things.

I don't know what Lakers team you were watching last year, but they were far from "in rhythm." You could argue they were worse. Kobe was injured. Bynum was injured. They had absolutely no bench production. I still can't believe they repeated.

Pointguard
02-06-2011, 01:13 PM
The Lakers haven't played tall ball yet, I wouldn't worry that much - provided Bynum stays healthy. Playing this disjointed is the problem. Loosing when you think you shouldn't can also make the season feel longer. SA is the only team that is playing the way they want to play. Its just that type of year.

I think Kobe is tough minded but the other guys aren't the type to take three years of teams getting up to get you, like you owe them something. The regular season doesn't seem to have that much at stake for guys to meet the challenge every night. Miami went thru the same thing. SA is blindsiding people and Boston has crazy dept and people born with hunger in them so the daily grind isn't that big of deal for them.

I think the right mindset for the Laker's will be evident in the playoffs. However, the thought of winning three series on the road isn't appealling in pulling off a threepeat. I don't think they can pull off higher than a three seed out West now which isn't good. IMHO, the only team that can out execute the Lakers are Boston and SA. The other teams can only beat them if they can stay hungry for seven games (which puts OKC and Miami in the mix). The worst case scenario is 2nd seed OKC, 1st seed SA and HCA Boston/Miami would be too much road work for the Lakers. I don't see them pulling it off in that scenario, yet it seems like this is the most likely case right now.

Dropping down to the four seed might be a strategic move for the Lakers (with hopes that Dallas takes out OKC). Without Caron Butler, Dallas seemingly, doesn't have the metnal toughness or dept to beat the Lakers.

Derka
02-06-2011, 01:14 PM
This is one of those reverse psychology things, isn't it?

IGOTGAME
02-06-2011, 01:19 PM
this is absurd. No one in the West is beating the Lakers in a 7 game series. You can take that to the bank.

It comes down to whether LA can beat Mia or Boston. I don't think they can beat Mia(athetism may be too much) but I do think they can beat Boston.

So, all in all I like the Lakers chances in the playoffs.

In the East, Miami better watch out for Chicago because I can see them losing to them in the second round.

az00m
02-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Konex has spoken. The lakers won't win shit! Since then they have won tons of games

The curse of Konex!:violin:

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 01:25 PM
this is absurd. No one in the West is beating the Lakers in a 7 game series. You can take that to the bank.

It comes down to whether LA can beat Mia or Boston. I don't think they can beat Mia(athetism may be too much) but I do think they can beat Boston.

So, all in all I like the Lakers chances in the playoffs.

In the East, Miami better watch out for Chicago because I can see them losing to them in the second round.

before the season this is how i felt as well.

now? i think the spurs have a legit chance at beating the lakers if they have homecourt (which it seems like they will)

and the wild card is that thunder or mavs because if they add a key piece they are going to be very very good.

i still think the lakers will win, but its going to be harder than i initially thought.

rmt
02-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Dropping down to the four seed might be a strategic move for the Lakers (with hopes that Dallas takes out OKC). Without Caron Butler, Dallas seemingly, doesn't have the metnal toughness or dept to beat the Lakers.

I wouldn't dismiss DAL. When Roddy comes back, he, Barea and Terry will be a very speedy backcourt that might give LA fits. Carlyle used a 3 guard line-up last year against the Spurs but it worked out for SA because it allowed a TP/Manu/Hill lineup to counter.

With Chandler, Dirk and Haywood, DAL has length too.

Disaprine
02-06-2011, 02:11 PM
looks like it. :lol

Pointguard
02-06-2011, 03:30 PM

Haha, When in reverse, use the psychology that suits you.

Pointguard
02-06-2011, 04:18 PM

I don't know their religious orientation - I do hear a lot about King James so I doubt that they are atheist. Now in Boston, them cats were primarily Pilgrims. In Utah, watch out for those Mormons.

Johnni Gade
02-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Too early to say

MMM
02-07-2011, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't compare the Celtics struggles of Last year to the Lakers this season. The Celtics started 23-5 but finished 27-27 while the Lakers have had more consistent struggles through the season. The Celtics best 2 players missed 20 games out of the last 54 and were hobbled the rest of the 34. On the other hand the Lakers 2 best players have played the entire season or very close to it. Additionally the Lakers have had a far more consistent starting line up in comparison. With all that being said I wont count them out in the playoffs and they are probably still have a slight edge over SA/Dal in the West but it would put the doubts to rest if the Lakers could put together a stretch of games where they look championship caliber.

konex
02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
I saw the writing on the wall a month ago. Time to make a deal or get embarrassed in round 2

Mr Know It All
02-16-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't see the Lakers beating the Spurs or the current Dallas Mavericks either. Dallas is better than their record indicates, and their record is pretty damn good. Before the Dirk injury they were consistently beating very good teams and handily beating the bad ones. Even after a miserable slide with some terrible injuries they have survived and are pulling away at the 2nd seed. If it wasn't for the Dirk and Caron injuries they would probably be competing for the top seed.

The Spurs have been unbelievable consistent and dominant all season long. If the Lakers drop to 4 they will play them in the 2nd round (assuming they hold on to the #1 seed) and again I can't see LA in their current state pulling that one out.

Javat_90
02-16-2011, 11:31 PM
I saw the writing on the wall a month ago. Time to make a deal or get embarrassed in round 2

Maybe if your hero stopped jacking up shots like crazy and making stupid decisions, we could have a chance.

Jasper
02-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Tonights Cav game was not a spotlight game ,, no need to win :wtf:

Lakers will turn it around , when Melo comes in and Fish sent to Denver :confusedshrug:

RazorBaLade
02-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Maybe if your hero stopped jacking up shots like crazy and making stupid decisions, we could have a chance.

bynum and odom played worse than kobe. kb was 3rd worst 2night, chill

Javat_90
02-16-2011, 11:37 PM
bynum and odom played worse than kobe. kb was 3rd worst 2night, chill

Lol, like that is going to solve something.

Bandito
02-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Tonights Cav game was not a spotlight game ,, no need to win :wtf:

Lakers will turn it around , when Melo comes in and Fish sent to Denver :confusedshrug::lol :lol :lol :roll:

Jasper
02-16-2011, 11:46 PM
:lol :lol :lol :roll:

finally someone that see's my light humor :D

sh0wtime
02-16-2011, 11:50 PM
The almighty Konex has cursed the Lakers! :mad:

Askmeificare
02-17-2011, 01:12 PM
up

PurpleChuck
02-17-2011, 02:10 PM
truth.com :applause:

ZGalifianakis
02-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Spurs are winning it , Timmy Finals MVP

konex
05-05-2011, 01:31 AM
I called it back in January after they lost a big lead to the Mavs . Ironic

Harion
05-05-2011, 01:38 AM
holy shit. the curse is gone :eek:

FKAri
05-05-2011, 01:56 AM
Spurs are winning it , Timmy Finals MVP

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SavageMode
05-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Bump.

JtotheIzzo
05-08-2011, 10:43 PM

Konex curse is officially over!!!

Alonzo Magic
05-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Konex curse is officially over!!!

It can be disputed... The Lakers did in fact go on to win many signature games following this thread he created. (@DAL, @OKC, @DEN, @BOS, SAS, ORL, etc) Then obviously Konex regained belief in his team's capability of winning the championship and then BAM!

http://i.imgur.com/SmaB3.gif

whoartthou
05-08-2011, 10:51 PM
It can be disputed... The Lakers did in fact go on to win many signature games following this thread he created. (@DAL, @OKC, @DEN, @BOS, SAS, ORL, etc) Then obviously Konex regained belief in his team's capability of winning the championship and then BAM!

http://i.imgur.com/SmaB3.gif
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lebron23
04-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Konex Curse has already been broken.