PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant on pace for the second worst 3 point shooting season in history!

beermonsteroo
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Kobe Bryant is currently on pace to attempt above 330 3 point shots this season (4,1pg) while shooting 31.5%. Of all NBA players in history who recorded more then 330 shots a season(>4pg) only Iverson has had a lower 3p%. 30,8% in 05. So even the worst three point shooting season in history is not impossible!

Kobe Kobe Kobe :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

97 bulls
01-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Kobe Bryant is currently on pace to attempt above 330 3 point shots this season (4,1pg) while shooting 31.5%. Of all NBA players in history who recorded more then 330 shots a season(>4pg) only Iverson has had a lower 3p%. 30,8% in 05. So even the worst three point shooting season in history is not impossible!

Lol good one. And you know this wont go over well with kobe fans

oh the horror
01-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Boy, people are reeeeeeeeeeeally diggin deep into the statistical archives with shit like this, arent they? :oldlol:

The_Yearning
01-20-2011, 02:56 PM
So?

Kobe could be shooting 38% from the field right now and he'd still be the best mid range jumper shooter in the NBA from anywhere.

necya
01-20-2011, 02:57 PM
didn't know that.
i remmeber when Walker used to take many treys...he is probably in the top 10

Ne 1
01-20-2011, 02:58 PM
http://mrslebronwade.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/kobe_trophies_web.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/4kidly.jpg

"Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins"

StacksOnDeck
01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Man the life of a Kobe hater must be miserable

NBA fan: Kobe has 5 rings

Kobe hater: But his per isn't even top 5

NBA fan: But he has two Finals MVPs and one regular season MVP

Kobe hater: But he's on pace to miss the most shots in the history of the game

NBA fan: But he's number 8 scorer of all time

Kobe hater: But he's nothing without Shaq

NBA fan: He won without Shaq for 2 years in a row

Kobe hater: He's nothing without Fisher

NBA fan: Sigh...

creepingdeath
01-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Kobe could be shooting 38% from the field right now and he'd still be the best mid range jumper shooter in the NBA from anywhere.
No, that'd be Dirk.

Who give's a sh*t about such statistics anyway? His team's still 2nd seed in the tough West, Kobe's putting up good, but not special numbers. Yeah, he has declined, but he's still able to win games or even whole series on his own.

oh the horror
01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Man the life of a Kobe hater must be miserable

NBA fan: Kobe has 5 rings

Kobe hater: But his per isn't even top 5

NBA fan: But he has two Finals MVPs and one regular season MVP

Kobe hater: But he's on pace to miss the most shots in the history of the game

NBA fan: But he's number 8 scorer of all time

Kobe hater: But he's nothing without Shaq

NBA fan: He won without Shaq for 2 years in a row

Kobe hater: He's nothing without Fisher

NBA fan: Sigh...

:oldlol: Im sayin....I dont even know where to LOOK for some of the stats that some of these people find.

Some people here need to get into careers that involve numbers, and statistics though, because seriously, they LIKE that shit....Me? Ive never payed THAT much attention to them.

Particular statistics only became huge issues, when I started reading people here dissecting the hell out of them.

MMM
01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
So?

It takes quite a lot of talent to be able to be the best mid range shooter from places that aren't mid range, lol. Anyways Kobe shooting so low from 3 shouldn't just be brushed off, imo. However, obviously it shouldn't be emphasized as well because Kobe is still a top 3-5 player and despite what his stats say in any given game he can be deadly from anywhere.

oh the horror
01-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Well, what this says to me is that Kobe needs to calm down on the three point attempts.

StacksOnDeck
01-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Serious question: Do you guys ever bring up stats and per in real life discussions about basketball? Because never have my friends and I ever talked about per. In fact I think I'm the only one that even knows what it is just because I'm on this forum.

oh the horror
01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Serious question: Do you guys ever bring up stats and per in real life discussions about basketball? Because never have my friends and I ever talked about per. In fact I think I'm the only one that even knows what it is just because I'm on this forum.

Ive never ever ever ever heard anyone discuss that term in real life....anywhere.

beermonsteroo
01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
As always Kobe homers seem to have a hard time dealing with the truth.

NuggetsFan
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Boy, people are reeeeeeeeeeeally diggin deep into the statistical archives with shit like this, arent they? :oldlol:

Honestly this isn't even digging deep or even that stupid. It's actually kinda need bit of info. Never knew Iverson had the worst season % vs attempts wise and wouldn't have guessed Kobe was on pace for the 2nd worst. There's far worse stat shit out there nowadays.

magnax1
01-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Really 30% 3p% isn't even a terrible shot though. It translates to 45% normal fg% Not good, but more efficient then the average jumper Kobe takes.

tpols
01-20-2011, 03:20 PM
As always Kobe homers seem to have a hard time dealing with the truth.
What? That you're an incoherent babbling retard.. I'm dealing with the truth just fine.. this shit was so poorly written and presented that it's not even worth responding to:oldlol:

rodman91
01-20-2011, 03:26 PM
No, that'd be Dirk.

Who give's a sh*t about such statistics anyway? His team's still 2nd seed in the tough West, Kobe's putting up good, but not special numbers. Yeah, he has declined, but he's still able to win games or even whole series on his own.

Definetely.I hope one day stats-mania will die.Kobe is fine with or without such record..Iverson in 05 was fine too,so even kobe breaks it, doesn't mean much.He is slightly declining but thats normal cos of his age.He is still one of best at league.That matters.

Droid101
01-20-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm guessing people don't actually watch Laker games.

His 3 point shots that come within the offense, I'd be willing to bet he shoots at a pretty good clip.

It's when his teammates throw him the ball with less than four seconds left on the shot clock and he has to bail them out. I'd bet those are much lower percentage.

Also, Kobe will always throw up a half-court buzzer beater where as some players like LeBron and Wade who care about their stats will just hold the ball and throw it up right after the buzzer to look like they "tried."

Mr. Jabbar
01-20-2011, 03:34 PM
This season Kobe is avoiding the 3pt shot at all costs, even if hes open he will try to fake and go around the incoming defender. He only shoots the 3 in bail out situations.

YAWN
01-20-2011, 03:51 PM
some of the kobe haters could work research for ESPN if they put their effort in that direction. "Rajon Rondo tops the all time list in assists per game for players who have played at least 34 games, have scored 17 points less than 40% of the time, and have only played 6 games on Sundays." -ESPN

Yao Ming
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
http://mrslebronwade.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/kobe_trophies_web.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/4kidly.jpg

"Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins"
:oldlol:

Charlie Sheen
01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
some of the kobe haters could work research for ESPN if they put their effort in that direction. "Rajon Rondo tops the all time list in assists per game for players who have played at least 34 games, have scored 17 points less than 40% of the time, and have only played 6 games on Sundays." -ESPN

Yup. Except for that bit about the Lakers coaching staff saying as recently as last night [per john ireland kcal telecast] that shooting has been a real problem for this year's team. Is Phil Jackson a Kobe hater who could work for ESPN?
SO.. yea this is relevant to the current status of the lakers. The historical bit at the end adds a touch of perspective. Doesn't mean kobe sucks but it is worth taking note of.

BlueandGold
01-20-2011, 04:31 PM
It's because 75% of Kobe's shots are tough turnaround jumpers that would be ridiculously different and low % for most other NBA players. FG%, 3FG% or whatever ever % you want to find isn't everything. .Shaq is shooting nearly 60% from the field, you want to tell me Shaq is a better shooter than kobe?

ZenMaster
01-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Really 30% 3p% isn't even a terrible shot though. It translates to 45% normal fg% Not good, but more efficient then the average jumper Kobe takes.

30% from 3 is negative production in the NBA unless you rebound offensively maybe +40% of the rebounds that comes from those 3pt attempts.

GiveItToBurrito
01-20-2011, 04:57 PM
It's not like he's been inefficient this year. His mediocre three point shooting is just a result of him having to take so many with a hand in his face, since he doesn't play next to a point guard who can drive and dish. Put him on Boston or Orlando and he'll shoot 37%, 38% and we won't be having this conversation.

GiveItToBurrito
01-20-2011, 04:58 PM

Exactly. This isn't Baron Davis or Antoine Walker territory that he's in, he's not hurting his team by taking that shot.

B-Easy
01-20-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm guessing people don't actually watch Laker games.

His 3 point shots that come within the offense, I'd be willing to bet he shoots at a pretty good clip.

It's when his teammates throw him the ball with less than four seconds left on the shot clock and he has to bail them out. I'd bet those are much lower percentage.

Also, Kobe will always throw up a half-court buzzer beater where as some players like LeBron and Wade who care about their stats will just hold the ball and throw it up right after the buzzer to look like they "tried."

this is not true at all . .Wade is always throwing up shots because the shot clock is running down. Lebron too.

Wade would be shooting great from 3 too if he didnt have to take those bailout shots .. but that is a homer excuse because EVERY player that puts up a lot of shots for his team and handles the ball a lot is in that situation.

Kobes not an exception .. hess just shooting poorly from 3 this year.. but pretty well overall from the field.

Droid101
01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
this is not true at all . .Wade is always throwing up shots because the shot clock is running down. Lebron too.

I'm not talking about shot clock buzzer; Wade and LeBron bail their teams out too.

I'm talking about half-court heaves at quarter-buzzers. Wade and LeBron always hold the ball. Always.

Laker19
01-20-2011, 05:35 PM

I asked this question on another board with someone who only uses statistics
never got a response

but seriously I'd probably walk away if someone brought that crap up

Eat Like A Bosh
01-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Kobe upped his shooting to 45.6% from the field.
Shooting over 45% is pretty remarkable for someone who takes the type of tough shots he does.
Iverson is the better shot jacker than Kobe.
But no one really realizes how much of a shot jacker MJ was.
Jordan averaged well over 20 FGAs in 12 of his 16 seasons.

But hates can keep hating Kobe however they want.
The shot jacker gave me 5 rings, 3 MVPs?
Give me the shot jacker.

wpdougie2180
01-20-2011, 07:02 PM

I hate when people use all this adjusted stats bs is the 3 points you get for hitting the shot not enough, it's your decision to shoot it no need for extra credit. You know what 30% literally (ie not adjusted) translates to: missing 7 out of every 10. This doesn't go for just Kobe you can only hit the shot or miss it no need to adjust anything that's why they give you 1, 2 or 3 points depending on where you shot the ball. All this eFG% and Per mean absolutely nothing for ANY player.

NuggetsFan
01-20-2011, 07:03 PM

I don't get this. Why the over exaggeration?. It's not even close to that at all. Kobe's on pace to have the 2nd lowest percentage above 4 attempts a game. That isn't even a crazy statistical thing like PER witch I find extremely stupid. It's simple 3 point % and attempts. Is it a big deal? Not really as others pointed out. Not sure why everyone is slamming the info tho and acting like It's John Hollinger in the flesh.

Pretty sure 3 point attempts and %'s have been used since the 80's :oldlol:

KenneBell
01-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Meanwhile he's near the top of every midrange shooting stat in attempts and efficiency. :hammerhead:

When the Lakers play well, his 3pt attempts go down. When they have to play catchup, that's when most of Kobe's 3 point attempts go up. It's not end of the shot clock 3's or end of quarter 3's that are hurting him necessarily.

He'll probably hit a hot streak before the end of the year and end up around 33%. Big whoop.

What you should be looking at is him shooting around 48% for the past 2 months.

scm5
01-20-2011, 07:17 PM
I hate when people use all this adjusted stats bs is the 3 points you get for hitting the shot not enough, it's your decision to shoot it no need for extra credit. You know what 30% literally (ie not adjusted) translates to: missing 7 out of every 10. This doesn't go for just Kobe you can only hit the shot or miss it no need to adjust anything that's why the give you 1, 2 or 3 points depending on where you shot the ball. All this eFG% and Per mean absolutely nothing for ANY player.

You clearly have very little understanding of why these advanced statistics are a useful tool in judging a player. Nothing can replace watching a game, but looking at advanced statistics will give you a better understanding of the quality of a player than what simple statistics give you.

If you looked at two stat sheets and saw that Player A grabbed 15 rebounds per game and player B grabbed 13 rebounds per game, you would naturally assume that player A was a better rebounder. If you instead looked into advanced statistics and saw that Player A only grabbed 17% of all rebounds available while Player B grabbed 21%... it sheds a lot of light on which player is a better rebounder.

Take that concept and apply it to how a player gets his points. If two players both scored 20 points, Player A being 10/20FG, Player B being 5/15 and making 5 3's and 5 FT's out of 5, which player had a better game?

Most people would say Player A because omfg, he had a 50% FG%...

Then you think about it and Player B drew more fouls during that game, which is very valuable itself. I would take Player B.

Psileas
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM

Garbage thread title.
What makes 4.0 3 pointers attempted more important than 2.0 or 3.0 or 5.0 to qualify? What makes 330 shots more important than 200 or 300 or 400?
So, Kobe at 31.5% shooting is close to supposedly having the worst shooting season, yet Barkley, at a career 538/2020 (26.6%) figure and only 1 season above 31.5%, is excluded? LeBron already had seasons with 63/217, 99/310, 113/359. Does this constitute too little shooting for you? Wade shooting 88/278 in 2009, 73/243 in 2010 and 37/121 in 40 games this season is also excused?

wpdougie2180
01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
You clearly have very little understanding of why these advanced statistics are a useful tool in judging a player. Nothing can replace watching a game, but looking at advanced statistics will give you a better understanding of the quality of a player than what simple statistics give you.

If you looked at two stat sheets and saw that Player A grabbed 15 rebounds per game and player B grabbed 13 rebounds per game, you would naturally assume that player A was a better rebounder. If you instead looked into advanced statistics and saw that Player A only grabbed 17% of all rebounds available while Player B grabbed 21%... it sheds a lot of light on which player is a better rebounder.

Take that concept and apply it to how a player gets his points. If two players both scored 20 points, Player A being 10/20FG, Player B being 5/15 and making 5 3's and 5 FT's out of 5, which player had a better game?

Most people would say Player A because omfg, he had a 50% FG%...

Then you think about it and Player B drew more fouls during that game, which is very valuable itself. I would take Player B.

Like I said all advance stats are for geeks watch the games.You don't get extra credit for all the extra bs that comes from calculators. The difference between 2 and 4 points or 2 and 3 rebounds is nothing, The stats don't tell when any of those things occurred just that they did occur. People get so rapped up in numbers they forget what they actually mean. Stats whether advanced or not don't tell what happened in a game, they don't take in to account situation, score, refs, bogus (supestar) calls, or any of the little things that players do that effect winning. Take for example the controversy about the rondo assist (Boston fan here) earlier this week how are we to know that the stats are even accurate?

XxSMSxX
01-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Kobe upped his shooting to 45.6% from the field.
Shooting over 45% is pretty remarkable for someone who takes the type of tough shots he does.
Iverson is the better shot jacker than Kobe.
But no one really realizes how much of a shot jacker MJ was.
Jordan averaged well over 20 FGAs in 12 of his 16 seasons.

But hates can keep hating Kobe however they want.
The shot jacker gave me 5 rings, 3 MVPs?
Give me the shot jacker.

wat

griffmoney1784
01-20-2011, 07:57 PM
kobe haters = http://www.mopo.ca/uploaded_images/wow-player-794289.jpg

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-20-2011, 07:59 PM
wat

1 Regular Season MVP + 2 Finals MVPs = 3 MVPs

griffmoney1784
01-20-2011, 08:02 PM

if they gave out playoff mvps like in hockey. he might have 3 instead of 2

kobe was the most consistantly great performer in 2001 for rounds 1-4

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-20-2011, 08:05 PM
if they gave out playoff mvps like in hockey. he might have 3 instead of 2

kobe was the most consistantly great performer in 2001 for rounds 1-4

Yea he really played great throughout those playoffs. He and Shaq just dominated everyone easily

Kellogs4toniee
01-20-2011, 08:11 PM

You mean the same Kobe who's averaging 24.5 / 5.6 / 5.5 on 48% shooting in 34 minutes per game? I mean seriously, I am not a very big Kobe fan and one of his biggest critics but this thread just screams fail fail fail.

griffmoney1784
01-20-2011, 08:17 PM
You mean the same Kobe who's averaging 24.5 / 5.6 / 5.5 on 48% shooting in 34 minutes per game? I mean seriously, I am not a very big Kobe fan and one of his biggest critics but this thread just screams fail fail fail.

whered you get those stats lol

im pretty sure kobes averaging 25.1ppg, 5.1reb, 4.7ast on 45.7% fg's in 33.12 minutes

number23
01-20-2011, 08:28 PM

Yeah doesn't work that way. 1 mvp

HB40TheNextStar
01-20-2011, 08:31 PM

Some stats. Like averages because those are easily memorized. But, surely, I can't think of more than 4 or 5 PERs off the top of my head, and those obviously change often. If you are going by the current season, that is.

griffmoney1784
01-20-2011, 09:14 PM

joke award anyway

mvp has been a regular season WC championship or EC championship presented as a team award 99% of the time since the media started voting

which is the reason shaq and kobe only have 1... while nash has 2 and dirk could have 2 by the end of the year

kobe/shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
>
>
>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>nash/dirk

mvp = trash

branslowski
01-20-2011, 09:30 PM
joke award anyway

mvp has been a regular season WC championship or EC championship presented as a team award 99% of the time since the media started voting

which is the reason shaq and kobe only have 1... while nash has 2 and dirk could have 2 by the end of the year

kobe/shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
>
>
>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>nash/dirk

mvp = trash

MVP award is not trash bro.....Just because Kobe doesn't win it a bunch does not make it trash...lmao...:oldlol:

che guevara
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm not talking about shot clock buzzer; Wade and LeBron bail their teams out too.

I'm talking about half-court heaves at quarter-buzzers. Wade and LeBron always hold the ball. Always.
Kobe does this so rarely that it's not even worth mentioning. If we agree that a shot within 30 feet at the end of the quarter is a decent look (you see Lebron try these all the time), he's taken THREE end of quarter shots beyond 30 feet since the start of December. You can go look at the shot charts on ESPN for November if you like (or confirm from the start of December), but I doubt he's taken more than 5 or 6 this season. If Lebron gets within 50 feet, too, he's going to take it which is why he's made so many halfcourt shots in his career.

Speaking of Lebron, he had a worse 3 point shooting season in 2008, 4.8 attempts on 31.5%.

Qwyjibo
01-20-2011, 10:05 PM
How else are you supposed to compare players without using stats? Do the people who whine about using stats watch every single game of every player? Or even half? If not, then you "watching the games" means little because you aren't seeing it all. That's where stats come in. I know I'll watch maybe 70+ Raptors games per year but other teams? Maybe 8 at most? How is it fair to base an opinion on such a small sample?

Don't knock the advanced stats simply because you don't understand them. Having more insight and tools for analysis into something is not a bad thing. PER is a flawed stat but generally a decent indicator of who is productive. No one should be using it as "be all" magical number though. Same goes for all the other advanced stats.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-20-2011, 10:14 PM

Oooh sorry sir. If that makes you happy then go ahead. I was just clarifying what the other person meant

sayitaintso
01-20-2011, 10:14 PM
I wonder how the footage of 2010 NBA Finals Game Seven is going to reveal. Are they going to mention 6-24?

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-20-2011, 10:15 PM
MVP award is not trash bro.....Just because Kobe doesn't win it a bunch does not make it trash...lmao...:oldlol:

Right that is true though not just any scrubs win MVP :oldlol: he took it a little too far there

AJ2k8
01-20-2011, 10:49 PM
That would make Kobe 79% the 3pt shooter Reggie Miller was:bowdown:

Disaprine
01-21-2011, 12:18 AM
haters reaching hard. :lol

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-21-2011, 12:44 AM
There's another "2nd" Kobe is going for....it starts with a "3" and ends with a "peat" :pimp:

Zach Morris
01-21-2011, 12:52 AM
. . . Jesus Take The Wheel. :facepalm

sh0wtime
01-21-2011, 01:52 AM
Its highly unlikely his 3PT% will remain at 31% at the end of the season with that many 3PT attempts, even if that happens anyways it will still be an absolutely meaningless "achievement" considering he is an already proven heavy duty proven shooter who is right now playing thru nagging injuries, including a knee with almost no cartilage, its definitely taking a hit to his efficiency somewhat, its really not cool to name excuses according to some people but its even less cool when you look at a Human with no legs and ask him: "Why cant you walk!?" and expect him to not tell the truth because saying "I have no legs" is just an excuse?

SinJackal
01-21-2011, 02:37 AM

Kobe's eFG% is .494 excluding his threes. So Kobe's .472 eFG%% from three is significantly worse than the average shot Kobe takes. Not better.

catch24
01-21-2011, 02:56 AM
Kobe's eFG% is .494 excluding his threes. So Kobe's .472 eFG%% from three is significantly worse than the average shot Kobe takes. Not better.

Doesn't eFG take into account FT%?

ZenMaster
01-21-2011, 02:59 AM

No that's TS%.

SinJackal
01-21-2011, 02:59 AM

Nah, that's TS% man. :P

eFG% is your 2 point FGs and 3pt FGs (x1.5). So you get a bonus for making a three as opposed to a two, in the form of an extra half a FG (1 point) tacked onto your FGs made before you divide them by your FGAs to see what your % was.

TS% is the one that also adds in FTs and FTAs.

Kobe's TS% is pretty high right now, at .555% I think

catch24
01-21-2011, 03:04 AM
No that's TS%.

Nah, that's TS% man. :P

Ah, gotcha. Not sure why I thought they were both the same. I don't use the stat at all so I guess thats why. :oldlol:

NoName22
01-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Still a better 3pt shooter than cheese eyes.

tpols
01-21-2011, 04:33 AM
Nah.. if you take 3s out of eFG it comes out to 2ptFG%

no free throws.

beermonsteroo
01-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Wether you like it not. This number one more time shows that Kobe is a pure volume shooter and not a quality shooter.

Big#50
01-21-2011, 10:13 AM
:oldlol:
NOT BAD FOR A 1b option.

Harion
01-21-2011, 11:47 AM
lol. kober homers trolled

MaxFly
01-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Like I said all advance stats are for geeks watch the games.You don't get extra credit for all the extra bs that comes from calculators. The difference between 2 and 4 points or 2 and 3 rebounds is nothing, The stats don't tell when any of those things occurred just that they did occur. People get so rapped up in numbers they forget what they actually mean. Stats whether advanced or not don't tell what happened in a game, they don't take in to account situation, score, refs, bogus (supestar) calls, or any of the little things that players do that effect winning. Take for example the controversy about the rondo assist (Boston fan here) earlier this week how are we to know that the stats are even accurate?

Advanced stats have their place and they can be useful... but as with everything... moderation.

If, in a game, I have a player score 19 points on 7/15 shooting with no free throws and I have another player score 16 points on 8/15 shooting with no free throws, simply looking at the FG% wouldn't accurately indicate which of the two was the more efficient scorer that night. Their point totals would have to be included for proper perspective. A stat like eFG% could come in handy here.

MaxFly
01-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Wether you like it not. This number one more time shows that Kobe is a pure volume shooter and not a quality shooter.

He's shooting 49.5% from everything below the three point line... I think you're drawing too many conclusions...

scm5
01-21-2011, 02:35 PM
He's shooting 49.5% from everything below the three point line... I think you're drawing too many conclusions...

This.

Silverbullit
01-21-2011, 03:38 PM
So?

:no: :no: :no:

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-21-2011, 03:39 PM

Who's better? Let me guess... Dirk? :rolleyes:

ATL_Bball_King
01-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Yea honestly...Who is better???

But NE wayz...Kobe is Kobe...Dont really have too much to prove anymore in the regular season...He has five rings...While Lebron is chasing 1...I know kobe will bring it in the playoffs...

Flamboyant
01-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Yet another BS thread about Kobe.

Check this out (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=1947&year_max=2011&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=fg3a_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=4&c2stat=g&c2comp=gt&c2val=30&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=fg3_pct&order_by_asc=Y)

Kobe is at the 36th place in this list.
James had a worse season at the same shooting pct (.315), in more attempts per game (4.8).
Hell, Kobe is not even the worst in this season. Joe Johnson is shooting more(4.9) on worse percentage (.292).

BTW lol at Michael Adams' 91 season.

beermonsteroo
01-21-2011, 08:57 PM
That's no bullshit, that's just a fact. In the history of the game, no player who shoots as many threes as Kobe has had such a poor 3p % (excpect Iverson).

sayitaintso
01-21-2011, 09:06 PM
How many great players shoot 6-24 in a game seven of the NBA finals?

G-Funk
01-21-2011, 09:08 PM
How many great players shoot 6-24 in a game seven of the NBA finals?
1!

Walduś
01-21-2011, 09:19 PM
How many great players score 81 points in a NBA game?

griffmoney1784
01-21-2011, 09:25 PM
if kobe cared about percentages. he wouldnt take half or full court shots at the end of q's.... he wouldnt take 3's to beat the shot clock 5 feet behind the 3 point line.... he wouldnt attempt difficult three's in a defenders face up guard....

who other than kobe has the green light to even take threes like that?

only kobe takes more difficult shots than anyone in nba history because only kobe can make them at a decent percentage

imagine if kobe only took 3's when he was open like 99% of the league

his three point percentage would be 40%+

32MJ32
02-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Kobe shoots too many contested 3's

Zedja
02-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't think Kobe cares. :rolleyes:

RonArtestsBalls
02-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Good on him, about time he won something on his own.

AJ2k8
02-04-2011, 11:27 AM
He's still 79% the 3pt shooter Reggie Miller was:bowdown:

leopoldstotch
02-04-2011, 11:37 AM
people need to chill out with this stat. if you look at kobe's career numbers, he's a 33.8% career 3PG which isn't that staggering. is he taking too many 3's? no, because he's on track to shoot just as many as he did the past 5 years. the 2 years post shaq werent even funny. i'm not going to regard those years.

is it concerning his % dropped each year the past 4 years? from 36% to 30%? probably. does he need to take less 3's? maybe. but guess what? his fg% didn't change compared to his past years, so his 3p % is moot right now.

knickscity
02-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Wow, people really dig deep.

Personally the only % I think Kobe cares about is his playoff wins %.

Round Mound
02-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Kobe should pass before score. The team works better when Pau shoots more. As i said at the beginning of the season.

catch24
02-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Kobe should pass before score. The team works better when Pau shoots more. As i said at the beginning of the season.

I actually agree. The Lakers do have like a 70% winning record when he gets most of his points (20-29pt range) in the flow of the game/offense.

srekaL
02-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Kobe should just keep doing what he's always done. Considering they're very few players in the history of the NBA who have had the success he has.

Jacks3
02-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Finger injuries have killed Bryant's %'s from three and the FT line. He's gone from being around 34%/85% to 30-32%/81-82%.

B-Rich
02-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Finally, real stats to show Kobe isn't a good shooter, at all. He shoots to much and he isn't even that good of a shooter, is fade away is amazing, but that's about it. LeBron or Dwyane Wade shoot as much as he does, and they get 40 points a game, well, if they weren't on the same teams. But yes, Kobe will hopefully break the record, because some record needs to show he isn't a shooter.

Zedja
02-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Finger injuries have killed Bryant's %'s from three and the FT line. He's gone from being around 34%/85% to 30-32%/81-82%.
:cheers:

The_Yearning
02-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Kobe Bryant needs to accept that he is slowing down. He needs to past inside to the post more often.

Lebron23
02-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Kobe Bryant needs to accept that he is slowing down. He needs to past inside to the post more often.

He wants to be like Mike. Kobe is a good passer, but he still wants to average more points.

Doranku
02-04-2011, 10:00 PM
33 yrs.old Chucker. Once a ballhog, always a ballhog.

:facepalm

Eat Like A Bosh
02-04-2011, 10:04 PM
As Kobe gets older, he's not gonna get better. He's only going to gradually fade, but slowly and gracefully.
In the future after Dwight Howard gets here, will he be able to play the clyde drexler role in Houston?

brandonislegend
02-04-2011, 10:06 PM
33 yrs.old Chucker. Once a ballhog, always a ballhog.

You used to have some knowledge in your posts, now you just are the biggest band wagoner ever. Cavs fan oh no Heat fan

Lebron23
02-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Mike is the biggest ball hog in NBA history.

As he proved by leading the league in FGA's a record 9 times!

Mike averaged more assists per game than Kobe Bryant. His Greatness also played in the Triangle Offense.

Prime Michael Jordan was a more efficient scorer than Kobe Bryant in the regular season and in the playoffs.

You used to have some knowledge in your posts, now you just are the biggest band wagoner ever. Cavs fan oh no Heat fan

See my post above.

I deleted my post.

G-Funk
02-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Mike averaged more assists per game than Kobe Bryant. His Greatness also played in the Triangle Offense.

NOT UNDER THE TRIANGLE

jmill
02-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Yikes, some brutal analysis in this thread. Yes, Kobe takes bad shots sometimes that can hurt the team. He's not the only good player guilty of this, but he does it. And yes, he's also having a very good year for a guy in his 15th year in the league. Not that complicated.

Disaprine
02-05-2011, 12:11 AM
He wants to be like Mike. Kobe is a good passer, but he still wants to average more points.

FultzNationRISE
09-30-2019, 07:17 PM
lol

scuzzy
09-30-2019, 08:56 PM
didn't he surpass this by an even worse 2016 with the volume chucking 3's @ 25%?

Mr Feeny
10-01-2019, 10:59 AM
I was going to say that whoever thought this was bad didn't see Kobe in 2015 and 2016. Tha was the most inefficient season in league history.