12-06-2006, 03:29 AM
this is from a while back but dam...knocked out...:confusedshrug:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1GUqqGp28OI&mode=related&search=

hotsizzle
12-06-2006, 03:32 AM
yep seen that b4. what a crazy a$$hole

ClutchCityReturns
12-06-2006, 03:34 AM
Don't even have to click the link and I already know what it is. Sickening. Dude should never be allowed into any kind of organized basketball league ever again with that mess.

Chachi-in-Charge
12-06-2006, 03:36 AM
reminds me of when tomjonavich was almost killed by some punk.
Kermit Washington was hardly a punk litttle boy
Hard as nails he aint no toy

Targus
12-06-2006, 03:37 AM
reminds me of when tomjonavich was almost killed by some punk.

kermit washington i think, i remember that too, tomjonavich was surrounded by a pool of blood after that...this kind of stuff in sports is ridiculous.

SomeBunghole
12-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Considering the amount of hate and bile hurled at the refs, isn't that the next logical step? Vigilante justice?

You have(or had until this year) players screaming at the refs, fans hurling abuse at the refs, owners criticizing the refs. One had to wonder how long before players start beating up refs. And unlike sports like soccer, the physical disparity between the refs and players is huge.

I hope people who complain that the "Rasheed Wallace Rule" is draconian watch this clip.

Showtime
12-06-2006, 04:19 AM
Where's smokey when ya need him? He knocked the F out!

Prodigy
12-06-2006, 04:22 AM
You know, if it was a player he punched out I doubt the situation would get the same reaction.

wally_world
12-06-2006, 04:38 AM
poor ref! did u see how his face twirled???!!! hahax luckily he didn't die or the bball player can become a boxer... way too strong...

kinda dumb by da player, could have kicked him in some other parts that wouldn't cause unconsousness (typo sry) and maybe he'll only be suspended 4 a seaosn, liek Ron ROn

ClutchCityReturns
12-06-2006, 04:43 AM
You know, if it was a player he punched out I doubt the situation would get the same reaction.

I'm not so sure about that. There was a similar incident in a high school basketball game where some kid decked another kid and then started beating his ass on the ground. It got TV coverage and everything.

In fact, here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQNNkMdaEFA

No excuse for that. I don't want to hear that the other kid pushed him first or whatever. There's a difference between pushing and shoving going on during a basketball game and beating someone in a way that in all seriousness could have been lethal or at least permanently damaging.

BradMiller52
12-06-2006, 04:44 AM
poor ref! did u see how his face twirled???!!! hahax luckily he didn't die or the bball player can become a boxer... way too strong...

kinda dumb by da player, could have kicked him in some other parts that wouldn't cause unconsousness (typo sry) and maybe he'll only be suspended 4 a seaosn, liek Ron ROn

Ron didn't nearly kill anybody.

dirkdiggler41
12-06-2006, 05:30 AM
....yet ;)

Anyway, it was a bad call ;)

LakersDynasty
12-06-2006, 05:40 AM
That's what you get when you **** up calls.

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9799/refth5.gif
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6929/wipeglassesif5.gif
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/images/faces/smiles/boxing.gif
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/images/faces/owned.gif

hotsizzle
12-06-2006, 06:03 AM
I'm not so sure about that. There was a similar incident in a high school basketball game where some kid decked another kid and then started beating his ass on the ground. It got TV coverage and everything.

No excuse for that. I don't want to hear that the other kid pushed him first or whatever. There's a difference between pushing and shoving going on during a basketball game and beating someone in a way that in all seriousness could have been lethal or at least permanently damaging.

look at the comments on youtube from it:

**** the ***** in the white.. he pushed the guy first..
messed with the wrong man.. now daddys defending him plshh

LoLoL that ***** got mawed. He deserved it, i've gotten **** talked in games before and ignored it, gotten pushed, but that kid takes no ****. Im doin that this year.

that my *igga tony he whooped that white boys ass lmao

ClutchCityReturns
12-06-2006, 06:57 AM

Yep. One of the worst things about the internet if you ask me. Racism runs wild because everybody thinks it's a joke and that they can hide behind their computer screen. Truth is, you wouldn't hear 90% of those comments in real life. For some reason or another, Youtube is one of the worst examples of this. You can't even upload a home made video to share with friends without someone leaving a dumbass ignorant comment at some point.

thenextgreatbigman
12-06-2006, 07:04 AM
He clearly flopped

Psileas
12-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Racistic or not, the guy who threw the punches is a criminal and should at least be banned for years from sports. Wow, "the white boy pushed him first!", big deal. This is a part of the game.

Sharas
12-06-2006, 08:32 AM
guy would have been better boxer than basketball player..that was quite a punch

TheHonestTruth
12-06-2006, 08:45 AM

Wow, proof that ******s need to be locked down.

TheHonestTruth
12-06-2006, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=Targus

TheHonestTruth
12-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Kermit Washington was hardly a punk litttle boy
Hard as nails he aint no toy

He was a punk.

LakersDynasty
12-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Did that punk go to jail?
Nope.

LakersDynasty
12-06-2006, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=Targus

GOBB
12-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Don't even have to click the link and I already know what it is. Sickening. Dude should never be allowed into any kind of organized basketball league ever again with that mess.

So you make one mistake and you're done? :confusedshrug:

bagelred
12-06-2006, 10:40 AM
If this is United States, player would have been arrested for Attempted murder, and probably do jail time for a lesser crime.

GOBB
12-06-2006, 10:47 AM
If this is United States, player would have been arrested for Attempted murder, and probably do jail time for a lesser crime.

It happened in Philly. High school cat with div 1 schools knocking at his door. Didnt like the call from a ref and stole him. But he paid for his actions...scholarships stripped. Played for community college and faded. Big news, even Sports Illustrated (the guy on the last page, dunno his name) spoke on it. Think he was saying what you were...kid should be in jail.

I black kid who was pulverizing on the white dude should be in jail tho. That was disgusting. Wonder if that made any news? I never heard bout that until the video. I guess if the white kid beat the black kids ass like that...Al Sharpton would be at Center court telling us how it was racially motivated.

Showtime
12-06-2006, 02:12 PM
http://www.rudezombie.com/images/caps/cap17.jpg

ClutchCityReturns
12-06-2006, 02:36 PM
So you make one mistake and you're done? :confusedshrug:

Yes, if the mistake is a potentially life threatening type of punch to a defenseless official. Why not? You f#cked up. Too bad, so sad.

GOBB
12-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Yes, if the mistake is a potentially life threatening type of punch to a defenseless official. Why not? You f#cked up. Too bad, so sad.

That's dumb. But Arnold Swartz would cosign on that. Ever think about running for a position in politics? Perfect mentality there.

TEXAS BATMAN
12-06-2006, 03:20 PM
The guy that hit the official? Should get whatever he's got coming to him.

Dude that got mauled? You start something better be prepared to handle whatever comes with it. Hate to parrot the earlier comment but he "f#@ked with the wrong motherf#@ker." Black or white. Dude shouldn't have had such a glass jaw.

GOBB
12-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Dude that got mauled? You start something better be prepared to handle whatever comes with it. Hate to parrot the earlier comment but he "f#@ked with the wrong motherf#@ker." Black or white. Dude shouldn't have had such a glass jaw.

Really dumb. Whats wrong with the logic today? How do you justify getting pushed/shoved as an open door to a clothesline and pummeling? :confusedshrug:

TEXAS BATMAN
12-06-2006, 03:34 PM
He didn't shoot the guy. Didn't stab him. Guy initiated physical contact, couldn't take the ensuing punishment. No sympathy.

TheBigAristotle1
12-06-2006, 04:18 PM
The guy who punched a ref should be banned for life, if you can't control yourself when the call doesn't go your way you shouldn't be playing sports. The guy is a menace.

TheBigAristotle1
12-06-2006, 04:21 PM
He didn't shoot the guy. Didn't stab him. Guy initiated physical contact, couldn't take the ensuing punishment. No sympathy.

It looked to me like he was tripped running up the court, the guy who beat up the other player was the one too initiate the contact.

ClutchCityReturns
12-06-2006, 04:32 PM
That's dumb. But Arnold Swartz would cosign on that. Ever think about running for a position in politics? Perfect mentality there.

It's not dumb and I never said it should be a blind law. I said when something is this severe that the punishment should follow suit, but that doesn't mean that I didn't look at it with my owns eyes first to come to that conclusion. Every case should be considered under its own circumstances, and when I look at this particular instance, it's my opinion that this guy bought himself a one way ticket to ban city.

It's really no different than any other occupation. If you work in the corporate world and you decide to go put your fist through some mail clerk's skull just because you're having a bad day and he put your new letters in the out box on accident, good luck finding a job in that field again. Or any professional occupation for that matter, especially if a bunch of people witnessed it and it's on video. I hear most potential employers don't consider aggravated assault as a selling point unless the company brand happens to be UFC or Pride.

Jailblazers7
12-06-2006, 04:35 PM

Pushing like that happens all the time in games he deserves to get a push back or something but not beaten out of consiuosness

305Baller
12-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I like how they put the "Video Enhanced" shot at the end.

TheBigAristotle1
12-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I work at a sports league and you wouldn't believe the crap people give the refs. Every game the players are *****ing and moaning and complaining about the calls, every player thinks the refs are out to get them. The refs are just ordinary guys trying to their best at a job that is pretty dammn hard, and they don't get half the respect they deserve.

305Baller
12-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I dont understand the *****ing either, even if the refs wrong, he wont reverse the call. Players should just give up and keep playing. It doesnt work.

Jailblazers7
12-06-2006, 04:40 PM
I work at a sports league and you wouldn't believe the crap people give the refs. Every game the players are *****ing and moaning and complaining about the calls, every player thinks the refs are out to get them. The refs are just ordinary guys trying to their best at a job that is pretty dammn hard, and they don't get half the respect they deserve.

Most kids dont think about the fact that refs work regular job just like everyone else.

GOBB
12-06-2006, 04:44 PM
It's not dumb and I never said it should be a blind law. I said when something is this severe that the punishment should follow suit, but that doesn't mean that I didn't look at it with my owns eyes first to come to that conclusion. Every case should be considered under its own circumstances, and when I look at this particular instance, it's my opinion that this guy bought himself a one way ticket to ban city.

It's really no different than any other occupation. If you work in the corporate world and you decide to go put your fist through some mail clerk's skull just because you're having a bad day and he put your new letters in the out box on accident, good luck finding a job in that field again. Or any professional occupation for that matter, especially if a bunch of people witnessed it and it's on video. I hear most potential employers don't consider aggravated assault as a selling point unless the company brand happens to be UFC or Pride.

You can find another job in that field unless you have been hit with a charge. An accountant doing that wont lose thier chance to ever do accounting again. Maybe never for that company, but another? Get real. He doesnt need a career change after that incident unless he killed that mail clerk.

But i guess what you're doing is similar to jail. Where you do the crime, you do the time...and during that time you lose all rights, privliges as a free person. I dont think a lifetime ban is the right punishment. Extreme unless he has had a violent history then yeah. 10yr ban.

DueceDime210
12-06-2006, 04:44 PM
I dont understand the *****ing either, even if the refs wrong, he wont reverse the call. Players should just give up and keep playing. It doesnt work.

yea the ref wont reverse the call. but i think players do it so the ref wont call the same "bull$#@%" the next time

ClutchCityReturns
12-06-2006, 04:59 PM
You can find another job in that field unless you have been hit with a charge. An accountant doing that wont lose thier chance to ever do accounting again. Maybe never for that company, but another? Get real. He doesnt need a career change after that incident unless he killed that mail clerk.

But i guess what you're doing is similar to jail. Where you do the crime, you do the time...and during that time you lose all rights, privliges as a free person. I dont think a lifetime ban is the right punishment. Extreme unless he has had a violent history then yeah. 10yr ban.

Still disagree with your take about being able to get another job, but I have a question about the 10 year ban. How long do you expect the guy to play ball? Unless he's rather young, his career will be all but over after 10 years anyway. Seems to me that if it's that long it's not going to matter much if it's a life ban. But again, I'm talking about this case in particular. Pushing a ref violently, attempting to choke a ref, maybe even throwing a punch at one in the heat of an all out team vs. team brawl or something. Things like that, depending on each case, I would imagine are probably at least 1 year bans, maybe multiple years. What this guy did, in particular, is far worse than any of that stuff. He lost it BIG TIME and just snapped...and why did he do this? For not getting a call? :confusedshrug: Can't have that kind of ticking time bomb out there after you've seen what he might do. Not in my opinion.

GoRapz
12-06-2006, 05:42 PM
The ref deserved that. I watch old NBA games and it was nothing like it is today, these refs are getting in the way and players need to start taking action for it. I can understand that guys story, sometimes the refs piss the **** outta me when I play games and I wanna throw a punch at them too.

IlliniFan
12-06-2006, 05:46 PM
No one deserves to be punched in the face for doing their job you moron. Your stupidity amazes me.

GoRapz
12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
No one deserves to be punched in the face for doing their job you moron. Your stupidity amazes me.

Oh sorry, was that your dad? deserved it.

You obviously don't have the feel for basketball. I do and I completely understand where this guy is coming from.

final.wrath
12-06-2006, 05:51 PM
i've becoming steadily more convinced that black people are more racist than white people as a whole

IlliniFan
12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
I play basketball a lot. Organized and recreational. While you might get frustrated with the ref sometimes, you never get angry enough to throw a punch. If you do it's probably becuase:
A. You suck and can't hit a shot.
B. You have anger management issues.

jaydacris
12-06-2006, 05:56 PM
The ref deserved that.

you've got to be kidding me
so basically if things dont go the way i want in life, im allowed using violence on people as a means of making things right and releasing my anger.
ahh finally, it all makes sense

DRUMGEE
12-06-2006, 05:56 PM
we are all n*****s and we are all honky crackers until we pull our heads out of each others s**t filled a***s.

Zombles
12-06-2006, 06:04 PM
The ref deserved that. I watch old NBA games and it was nothing like it is today, these refs are getting in the way and players need to start taking action for it

you = stupid

GoRapz
12-06-2006, 06:06 PM
I play basketball a lot. Organized and recreational. While you might get frustrated with the ref sometimes, you never get angry enough to throw a punch. If you do it's probably becuase:
A. You suck and can't hit a shot.
B. You have anger management issues.

C. The ref is basically on your back

IlliniFan
12-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Everyone thinks the ref is on their back. You are just a little slow.

billybadass
12-06-2006, 06:21 PM

You obviously don't have the feel for basketball. I do and I completely understand where this guy is coming from.

agreed 100% refs **** up the game slow it down/giving make up calls and all kinds a stupid ****. he got wat he deserved

GoRapz
12-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Everyone thinks the ref is on their back. You are just a little slow.

you just suck at basketball, therefore not understanding the players point of view.

browntown
12-06-2006, 06:34 PM

**** the ***** in the white.. he pushed the guy first..
messed with the wrong man.. now daddys defending him plshh

LoLoL that ***** got mawed. He deserved it, i've gotten **** talked in games before and ignored it, gotten pushed, but that kid takes no ****. Im doin that this year.

that my *igga tony he whooped that white boys ass lmao

Some people are just way to imature.

GOBB
12-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Still disagree with your take about being able to get another job,

Unless criminal charges are filed, pressed and dude has a record? Thats the only way. If not? He can get a job elsewhere.

but I have a question about the 10 year ban. How long do you expect the guy to play ball? Unless he's rather young, his career will be all but over after 10 years anyway. Seems to me that if it's that long it's not going to matter much if it's a life ban. But again, I'm talking about this case in particular. Pushing a ref violently, attempting to choke a ref, maybe even throwing a punch at one in the heat of an all out team vs. team brawl or something. Things like that, depending on each case, I would imagine are probably at least 1 year bans, maybe multiple years. What this guy did, in particular, is far worse than any of that stuff. He lost it BIG TIME and just snapped...and why did he do this? For not getting a call? :confusedshrug: Can't have that kind of ticking time bomb out there after you've seen what he might do. Not in my opinion.

Yeah maybe a life ban is right.

GOBB
12-06-2006, 06:57 PM
The ref deserved that. I watch old NBA games and it was nothing like it is today, these refs are getting in the way and players need to start taking action for it. I can understand that guys story, sometimes the refs piss the **** outta me when I play games and I wanna throw a punch at them too.

You give Canadians and asians a bad name with those retarded comments. :applause:

GoRapz
12-06-2006, 07:00 PM
It's my opinion, i'm just tired of ref calls overall.

GOBB
12-06-2006, 07:06 PM

Its a ridiculous opinion. You respect authority even if you feel its poor. Have an understanding about the game and the line that can NEVER be crossed. You can not hit a ref. EVER. Under no cirumstances in a game whatsoever. You cant control your anger, rage, upset self that you want to just push, shove, kick, spit or punch a ref? You dont need to be on the court nor do you need to play in organized sports where an authority figure is present.

Its that simple and I believe your parents taught you better. Admit your opinion is wrong, acknowledge it, change that thought and take into consideration your actions are accepted, applauded nor warranted. Got it? Cool. Maybe you can relay this to friends of yours who feel like you do.

billybadass
12-06-2006, 07:43 PM
stfu noob. its about time they paid for all their fukups. they screwed the mavs big time. refs got too much power

TheBigAristotle1
12-06-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm just imagining GoRapz attacking a ref and getting sent to jail.... :roll:

TheBigAristotle1
12-06-2006, 07:55 PM
stfu noob. its about time they paid for all their fukups. they screwed the mavs big time. refs got too much power

Refs are just trying to do their job. If the refs make a mistake it's in being influenced by whiny little twats like Gorapz, who ***** and moan until they start getting the calls going their way.

Jailblazers7
12-06-2006, 10:00 PM

Sure the calls can be bad but damn just suck it up and go to the next play it is part of the game. I get my share of T's for swearing but never even though about hitting a ref i just box out harder or take it to the hoop harder to get my aggression out.

Targus
12-06-2006, 10:17 PM
refs bug the sh!t out of me..

WuTangWizard
12-07-2006, 12:00 AM

Are you a ****ing idiot?

SoCalMike
12-07-2006, 12:07 AM
[quote=Targus

bagelred
12-07-2006, 12:12 AM

I predict jail time in your future. Either that or killed in a gang fight. have a good life.

GoRapz
12-07-2006, 12:18 AM
I predict jail time in your future. Either that or killed in a gang fight. have a good life.

I dont understand how you can't understand where the guy is coming from. **** the refs

bagelred
12-07-2006, 12:20 AM
I dont understand how you can't understand where the guy is coming from. **** the refs

I'm being dead serious. You should seek professional help. If you think it's ok to almost kill a guy because of a basketball game, you need REAL help.

El Gato Negro
01-25-2014, 06:53 AM
classic

D-FENS
01-25-2014, 11:14 AM
classic

GOBB is way out of line

ronnymac
01-25-2014, 11:32 AM
He should be put away for a longtime.

SpanishACB
01-25-2014, 11:40 AM
Considering the amount of hate and bile hurled at the refs, isn't that the next logical step? Vigilante justice?

You have(or had until this year) players screaming at the refs, fans hurling abuse at the refs, owners criticizing the refs. One had to wonder how long before players start beating up refs. And unlike sports like soccer, the physical disparity between the refs and players is huge.

I hope people who complain that the "Rasheed Wallace Rule" is draconian watch this clip.

I agree with your message but basketball has it very good in comparison to soccer.
The ref figure in American sports is much more respected than in soccer, where referees getting phisical abuse has happened on plenty of ocassions.

I had an old PS1 soccer game that allowed you to punch the referee if you where red carded, like wise, you could tackle him any time he was making a decision and get a red. Times have changed

TheReturn
01-25-2014, 11:41 AM
Trolling is so overrated. Shit is really not as funny as some kids think it is.

Jameerthefear
01-25-2014, 11:46 AM
everyone always says how much better the 2006 class is, but reading this thread just shows it was the same shit back then too

tomtucker
01-25-2014, 12:04 PM
and then the other players start waiving their sweaty smelly jerseys in the poor guys face...........:oldlol:

mans1ay3r
01-25-2014, 01:35 PM
I guess refs are held accountable there?

Heisenberg
01-25-2014, 05:44 PM
everyone always says how much better the 2006 class is, but reading this thread just shows it was the same shit back then too
at least nobody is posting Hentai back then.

Angel Face
01-25-2014, 07:18 PM
douche move, did the ref live?

Jameerthefear
01-25-2014, 07:21 PM
at least nobody is posting Hentai back then.
how would you know?

cos88
01-25-2014, 07:28 PM
when this video was posted jamerthequeer was only 7 years old in 2006.

how time flies and how fast you develop into a stalking acnee anime freak :bowdown: