PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett jabs Channing Frye in groin while sticking foot under him during jump

SyRyanYang
01-29-2011, 01:58 AM
Has anyone seen this? Garnett wound up being ejected.

Video:

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-video.shtml#jan29_garnett

ProfessorMurder
01-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Has anyone seen that?Hilarious.Kg got Rejected

That wasn't a punch.

Miserio
01-29-2011, 02:00 AM
That wasn't a punch.
it was a massage

HB40TheNextStar
01-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Rageintentionaldissmissal

lakerHater
01-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Vid!?

Stuckey
01-29-2011, 02:02 AM
lol ejected?

b0bab0i
01-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Kg ejected

SyRyanYang
01-29-2011, 02:05 AM
That wasn't a punch.

I know he doesn't mean it, but it looks like a punch:roll: :roll:

Derka
01-29-2011, 02:14 AM
It was less of a punch and more of a backhand slap to the dick-n-balls.

Totally should have been a foul and I can't blame Frye for reacting the way he did, but KG shouldn't have got tossed for that.

Harison
01-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Talk about overreaction. KG barely touched Frye's groin and fans (and I'm sure, media will too) start speaking about punching and whatever synonyms they can come up with :oldlol:

copper
01-29-2011, 02:29 AM
so kg finally came outta the closet on tv huh? ya knew it wouldnt be long before he was grabbin a fellas balls in public, simply outta habit

NotYetGreat
01-29-2011, 02:32 AM
Lolz, there was this Slammadamonth where it looked like he slapped Bron in the balls during the ECF when he was in the middle of getting dunked on. :oldlol:

Didn't see this part though. When in the game was this?

gts
01-29-2011, 02:32 AM
if he got ejected for hitting another player he'll be suspended for 1 game minimum

Lebron23
01-29-2011, 02:33 AM
if he got ejected for hitting another player he'll be suspended for 1 game minimum

Ouch

Easy win for the Lakers.

Harison
01-29-2011, 02:36 AM
So we have "punching", "hitting another player", more BS descriptions please :oldlol: None of that happened, but its entertaining to read.

gts
01-29-2011, 02:37 AM
So we have "punching", "hitting another player", more BS descriptions please :oldlol: None of that happened, but its entertaining to read.
why was he ejected?

Harison
01-29-2011, 02:39 AM
why was he ejected?
Because of ref stupidity? Announcers were dumbfounded too.

hell, Duncan was ejected for laughing on the bench.

gts
01-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Because of ref stupidity? Announcers were dumbfounded too.that's not an answer, why was KG ejected from the game

DuMa
01-29-2011, 02:41 AM
a love tap. and no kg wont be suspended. dream again laker fans

gts
01-29-2011, 02:45 AM
they very well could rescind the technical.. i didn't see the game but if they don't it's an automatic one game suspension for hitting another player, or should i say "striking" as not to offend those easily upset..

did the refs review the play before they ejected him?

flipogb
01-29-2011, 02:47 AM
I know he won't , he could have punched the ref and still play on Sunday

LaysUpBricks
01-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Not much of a "punch"

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2je4q2t.jpg

All Net
01-29-2011, 03:08 AM

:oldlol: You actually think Laker fans want KG to be suspended? get real.

DeronMillsap
01-29-2011, 03:09 AM
It looked accidental to me.

B
01-29-2011, 03:11 AM
Not much of a "punch"

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2je4q2t.jpgNo it's not, but it looks intentional

kentatm
01-29-2011, 03:11 AM
IMO he should have been booted when he was jawing with Pietrus earlier in the game. It looked like he threw refs arm aside who was trying to hold him back. Touching a ref like that is supposed to be an automatic ejection isn't it?

I have said this a million times before here but I will again say I was about ten feet away from the Spurs bench working the game as a cameraman on the baseline and Duncan flat out lied about how that went down. He was ragging the refs all night but instead of saying things directly to them he was saying things in their general direction that were clearly intended as rips on the officiating.

Norcaliblunt
01-29-2011, 03:12 AM
He undercut Frye for the second time, I think that's why Frye got pissed. The nut shot was just extra.

B
01-29-2011, 03:15 AM
He undercut Frye for the second time, I think that's why Frye got pissed. The nut shot was just extra.Garnett's always been a dirty player that's nothing new. Look at that GIF how he slides under Frye's legs.
Arm isn't even raised up in a attempt to block the shot or distract the shooter.

Force
01-29-2011, 03:17 AM
What Kobe did last year to Iggy was more blatant than that and nothing ever came of it, no fine no ejection no suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0WZUASGGbw

Timothy
01-29-2011, 03:23 AM
"No foul, it was all ball ref!" ~MrLikely02 :oldlol:

HEAT111
01-29-2011, 03:24 AM
KG didn't do any thing, Frye accidently landed on KG's foot.

csklmf
01-29-2011, 03:27 AM
Fyre purposely extended the length of his "thing" to make Kg punch it so he could get a shooting foul. He also purposely step on KG's foot to try to make KG injured. Fyre is such a bad guy.

SyRyanYang
01-29-2011, 03:29 AM
Fyre purposely extended the length of his "thing" to make Kg punch it so he could get a shooting foul. He also purposely step on KG's foot to try to make KG injured. Fyre is such a bad guy.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

HEAT111
01-29-2011, 03:42 AM
oh well...I guess that will mean that the Lakers will win against Boston on Sunday and Chicago will win their 7th NBA title by this year's finals.

blackification
01-29-2011, 05:40 AM
yea the love tap wasn't the problem to me, it pissed me off that it was the second time he purposely put his foot under frye so he could land on it. ***** move.

me_
01-29-2011, 05:45 AM
"No foul, it was all ball ref!" ~MrLikely02 :oldlol:
:lol :lol :lol

Gevz2kX
01-29-2011, 05:56 AM
there goes the lame theory that KG only goes after little guys

kumquat
01-29-2011, 06:02 AM
there goes the lame theory that KG only goes after little guys:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Channing Frye is known for being the softest "big" man in the league.

Mr Clutch Melo
01-29-2011, 06:08 AM
there goes the lame theory that KG only goes after little guys

Earlier he went after Pietrus...And Frye its not like Fry is the baddest mofo in the league either:lol

InspiredLebowski
01-29-2011, 06:11 AM
It's a one time thing, so far. KG's a cocky dickhead loudmouth that plays physical, but he's never been my definition of "dirty." Accidents happen, and soft as Frye is he does talk, dude got Roy Hibbert heated last year and Hibbert's the nicest guy on earth.

tommy3
01-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Lol. Frye was not pissed because of the "punch", it was about the Bowenesque move that KG made. Anyway, Frye really surprised me, I thought he was a soft ass *****.

Gevz2kX
01-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Earlier he went after Pietrus...And Frye its not like Fry is the baddest mofo in the league either:lol

He didn't instigate that. Pietrus hit him in the neck. What was he gonna do walk away after that?

Brunch@Five
01-29-2011, 06:24 AM
I have said this a million times before here but I will again say I was about ten feet away from the Spurs bench working the game as a cameraman on the baseline and Duncan flat out lied about how that went down. He was ragging the refs all night but instead of saying things directly to them he was saying things in their general direction that were clearly intended as rips on the officiating.

seriously. does anyone expect to not get a technical for laughing at the refs?

hkfosho
01-29-2011, 07:28 AM
lol @ celtic fans thinking garnett is not a dirty player :lol

ZenMaster
01-29-2011, 07:52 AM
It's a one time thing, so far. KG's a cocky dickhead loudmouth that plays physical, but he's never been my definition of "dirty." Accidents happen, and soft as Frye is he does talk, dude got Roy Hibbert heated last year and Hibbert's the nicest guy on earth.

Nah man he's pretty brutal, but that's OK. Wish guys would retaliate more often though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h9J20n9_kQ

He should try and pull that crap on Lamar, would be fun to watch.

KG is just a very dumb man. Watch him go into his retard scrawling mode as soon as Frye stood up and said something to him, and this is after he just tried to take a guy out with the step under the shot along with hitting him in the nuts.
Usually people have be drunk or be on drugs to get into this mode after they did something so blatantly obvious to another man, only the really fked up ones can get into this retard mode while initiating the conflict themselves without being intoxicated.

You just tried to sprain another guys ankle for the 2nd time in game and on top of that you hit him in the nuts on purpose. Just let him be mad.

Bruce Bowen was one of the dirtiest players ever, but he proved you didn't have to be retarded along with it.

kumquat
01-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Yeh KG didn't do shit against Pietrus cos Pietrus was ready to go. ***** KG.

thomaspynchon
01-29-2011, 08:34 AM
seriously. does anyone expect to not get a technical for laughing at the refs?

Especially Doc Rivers, of all coaches. He literally spends all game barking at the refs.

ronnymac
01-29-2011, 09:15 AM
KG is a phony.

nashisbest
01-29-2011, 11:21 AM

best post of the Day
+rep

icemanfan
01-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Because of ref stupidity? Announcers were dumbfounded too.

truly its frustrating as a fan to watch players get ejected for stupid reasons.

Kevin_Garnett_5
01-29-2011, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtLsEvynyA

^ Full incident.

On a side note, I'd love to see Perk vs Gortat. :eek:

kkling
01-29-2011, 11:37 AM
It wasn't a punch, but it doesn't take much effort when we're talking about balls.

KG is a *****, nothing new.

jasonresno
01-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Why people respect KG, I'll never know. He's the ***** at the gym that ruins the game for everyone.

SoCalMike
01-29-2011, 11:41 AM
It will be interesting to see what the league does. I was watching the game and I was totally shocked that KG did two things on that play... first he hit (touched, punched, massaged or whatever) Frye in the nads and then second, he put his feet under Frye's feet as he was coming down, which could risk serious ankle sprain, etc. He had to know what he was doing.

I dont know what the refs ejected him for, or whether it was for contact with Gortat or whatever, but when the league reviews this, I will be curious to know what the outcome is.

:pimp:

StroShow4
01-29-2011, 11:52 AM
That certainly doesn't look ejection or suspension worthy to me. Maybe just a foul for hitting Frye in the nuts and then a T for aftermath.

SoCalMike
01-29-2011, 12:00 PM
That certainly doesn't look ejection or suspension worthy to me. Maybe just a foul for hitting Frye in the nuts and then a T for aftermath.

how is that not ejection/suspension worthy? one could argue he punched frye in the nuts... is that not the rule?

even the motion of the "punch" was not natural if you think about it. frye was in a jump shot motion and somehow he gets hit in the groin? if kg were really challenging the shot, would he have not tried to block or alter the shot higher up?

what the heck was he doing down there????

macpierce
01-29-2011, 12:04 PM
kg is a great player but he's a scumbag

StroShow4
01-29-2011, 12:08 PM
how is that not ejection/suspension worthy? one could argue he punched frye in the nuts... is that not the rule?

even the motion of the "punch" was not natural if you think about it. frye was in a jump shot motion and somehow he gets hit in the groin? if kg were really challenging the shot, would he have not tried to block or alter the shot higher up?

I criticize KG for his shennanigans as much as anyone else on here, but this doesn't seem like a big deal to me. KG wasn't even looking... he reached his arm out and kind of moved closer to Frye until his hand tapped him in the balls. It's definitely not a "punch" or a "slap" or any type of "strike" or whatever earns you a suspension. I'm not saying it was, but I can see this being an accident, even for KG.

SoCalMike
01-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I criticize KG for his shennanigans as much as anyone else on here, but this doesn't seem like a big deal to me. KG wasn't even looking... he reached his arm out and kind of moved closer to Frye until his hand tapped him in the balls. It's definitely not a "punch" or a "slap" or any type of "strike" or whatever earns you a suspension. I'm not saying it was, but I can see this being an accident, even for KG.

thats a fair perspective. i am definitely curious as this "case" is open to many perspectives, and who knows what the nba league office will come up with.

Horatio33
01-29-2011, 12:25 PM
KG, the Vanilla Ice of big men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FASClJTnJ4I

w00terz
01-29-2011, 12:29 PM
After watching the video, I don't think it was intentional. KG, as much of a d-bag as he is, was staring up as he did it. If it was premeditated, he wouldn't have been looking up but rather, looking at where he wanted to get his "shot" in at Frye's nuts.

Miami2010Champs
01-29-2011, 12:30 PM
he didnt get ejected for punching him he got a technical for after when frye got in his face. and he already had a technical from earlier.

CelticBaller
01-29-2011, 12:32 PM
LOL @ people thinking this was intentional

OmniStrife
01-29-2011, 12:36 PM
LOL @ people thinking this was intentional

:eek:
*looks at username
never mind...
:facepalm

CelticBaller
01-29-2011, 12:43 PM
:eek:
*looks at username
never mind...
:facepalm
If you see KG he clearly wasn't paying attention where his hands were.... but then again *looks at avatar* :rolleyes:

copper
01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
If you see KG he clearly wasn't paying attention where his hands were.... but then again *looks at avatar* :rolleyes:
yeah its hard to believe that these pro ballers would be able to do anything without looking directly where they need to.....look away passes are a myth..:bowdown:

kkling
01-29-2011, 01:11 PM
After watching the video, I don't think it was intentional. KG, as much of a d-bag as he is, was staring up as he did it. If it was premeditated, he wouldn't have been looking up but rather, looking at where he wanted to get his "shot" in at Frye's nuts.

Do you not know what peripheral vision is?

Johnni Gade
01-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Thats more of a technical.

copper
01-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Thats more of a technical.
technically speaking, 1 dudes hands should never touch another mans trouser tackle...NEVER. That alone should warrant at least a 1 day

Pointguard
01-29-2011, 01:23 PM
The punching in the nuts happens in your first practice and games in division one. Frye was clearly annoyed at that move as he motions it to the ref as the fracus is going on.

I didn't see the earlier incident but I believe Pheonix had a counter move. Pietruis seemingly was instructed to go at Garnett, they set Garnett up. Frye seemed intentionally mad and figured they could get KG ejected. Smart move on Pheonix part. KG didn't have a lot of time to figure he should punch him in the nuts and then intionally plant his feet under him. Its possible if you had boxing training but... .

A couple of things here: Frye wasn't hot, the game wasn't on the line, so there would be no strategy in risky behavior toward him, and its crazy to think suspensions will come out of this.

pete's montreux
01-29-2011, 01:29 PM
I didn't see the game unfortunately, so I'm just going off on the replays and clips. It looks unintentional to me. KG was looking up when he did it, and everyone knows when you're running at a guy 99% of the time you're going to end up putting a hand on him one way or another even if the guy gets a shot off. It's like setting up for an inbounds play. Every defender has a hand on the offensive player. If you get what I mean.

Technical sure, ejection? Maybe. But suspension seems like complete overkill.

Also, Gortat wanted nothing to do with Perk.

It's funny how the two toughest players on my team is Perk and Nate. :(

LakerDefense8
01-29-2011, 01:45 PM
If he wasn't playing the Lakers on Sunday, he would probably get suspended. But since he is, he probably won't be.

Harison
01-29-2011, 01:55 PM
If he wasn't playing the Lakers on Sunday, he would probably get suspended. But since he is, he probably won't be.
Conspiracy theorists, unite! :oldlol: Its amusing to read how KG should be suspended for a minor incident he shouldnt be ejected for in the first place.

While we at it, here is a clip of Kobe doing the same thing, just 100% intentional, was there suspension or even technical? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0WZUASGGbw

Ikill
01-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Conspiracy theorists, unite! :oldlol: Its amusing to read how KG should be suspended for a minor incident he shouldnt be ejected for in the first place.

While we at it, here is a clip of Kobe doing the same thing, just 100% intentional, was there suspension or even technical? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0WZUASGGbw
:oldlol:

gts
01-29-2011, 02:04 PM
technically speaking, 1 dudes hands should never touch another mans trouser tackle...NEVER. That alone should warrant at least a 1 dayor at least flowers the next day

Droid101
01-29-2011, 02:39 PM
If you don't think it was intentional, you are a Celtic homer, period.

Don't just watch it from the angle from the back, you can't see that his hand is in one position the entire time... then extends right as Frye releases the ball in order to "maximize" the effect of his "tap."

Channing was pissed about the undercut AND the ball slap, because when he fell down, he was clutching his groin.

I agree that KG should have already been tossed earlier when he got into it with Pietrus, so I wasn't surprised that he got tossed after the slap.

KG is a dirty player. This everyone knew. But now he's reached Reggie Evans levels.

Droid101
01-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Frye seemed intentionally mad and figured they could get KG ejected. Smart move on Pheonix part.
Um, what? The Suns were in total control of the game at the point of the incident. KG would not have changed the outcome of that game. Maybe the Celtics would have lost by 10 instead of 17.

Maybe.

Hittin_Shots
01-29-2011, 04:28 PM
If you don't think it was intentional, you are a Celtic homer, period.

Don't just watch it from the angle from the back, you can't see that his hand is in one position the entire time... then extends right as Frye releases the ball in order to "maximize" the effect of his "tap."

Channing was pissed about the undercut AND the ball slap, because when he fell down, he was clutching his groin.

I agree that KG should have already been tossed earlier when he got into it with Pietrus, so I wasn't surprised that he got tossed after the slap.

KG is a dirty player. This everyone knew. But now he's reached Reggie Evans levels.

Why are people saying he should have been tossed for the pietrus incident? He didnt even get a tech foul then. It was a flagrant foul on pietrus for punching him in the neck and nothing else. What are you people on about, I've also seen the fake for the groin and had it done to me to put off shots. It works and perhaps what he was doing, or just reaching out to get a hand on his player once the rebound occured. Or he could have been sack tapping the guy how would any of us know.

ProfessorMurder
01-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Why are people saying he should have been tossed for the pietrus incident? He didnt even get a tech foul then. It was a flagrant foul on pietrus for punching him in the neck and nothing else. What are you people on about, I've also seen the fake for the groin and had it done to me to put off shots. It works and perhaps what he was doing, or just reaching out to get a hand on his player once the rebound occured. Or he could have been sack tapping the guy how would any of us know.

It's just KG hate. People that don't like him always say he's either dirty or an asshole or picks on small people.

Can't people just dislike someone without spewing cliches?

ZenMaster
01-29-2011, 04:35 PM
It's just KG hate. People that don't like him always say he's either dirty or an asshole or picks on small people.

Can't people just dislike someone without spewing cliches?

It's hard not to when you don't like him BECAUSE he's an asshole :)

Hittin_Shots
01-29-2011, 04:37 PM
It's hard not to when you don't like him BECAUSE he's an asshole :)

But he's an asshole thats very good at what he does.

jasonresno
01-29-2011, 05:01 PM
There are many great players that aren't assholes.

Talent =/= excuse.

ZenMaster
01-29-2011, 05:02 PM

No doubt, but he's the biggest douchebag of all the Celts, don't tell me I can't dislike him because of it!

XxSMSxX
01-29-2011, 05:25 PM

If KG hit Frye in the groin he wouldn't have jumped up after acting like he got hit after 2 seconds, unless of course he has no balls :eek:

copper
01-29-2011, 05:36 PM
or at least flowers the next day
lol:roll:

copper
01-29-2011, 05:42 PM
If KG hit Frye in the groin he wouldn't have jumped up after acting like he got hit after 2 seconds, unless of course he has no balls :eek:
or, he didntg wanna be on the ground when kg came back for a second grope

Glide2keva
01-29-2011, 05:48 PM
People will defend any action their favorite player does.

I used to be a KG fan from way back in the 90's when he played here and into his Minnestoa days, But in his later career, he's become a fake tough guy that plays dirty and talks shit but never backs it up.

He's a huge asshole and hope he gets put in his place by someone not afraid of a fine or suspension.

Killbot
01-29-2011, 05:55 PM

:roll: Any one supporting a suspension for KG, but did not support one for Kobe is one stupid shit.

The hate on KG is ridiculous.

SinJackal
01-29-2011, 05:59 PM
People will defend any action their favorite player does.

I used to be a KG fan from way back in the 90's when he played here and into his Minnestoa days, But in his later career, he's become a fake tough guy that plays dirty and talks shit but never backs it up.

He's a huge asshole and hope he gets put in his place by someone not afraid of a fine or suspension.

Paging Zach Randolph?

bagelred
01-29-2011, 08:12 PM
It would have been fun to see Frye just clock KG in the face with a right hand. He deserves it.

Phenith
01-29-2011, 08:31 PM
The fact that it was the 2nd time in the game that KG had stepped under Frye and the fact that KG had no chance to defend the shot, yet hit Frye in the balls and got under him landing really made that look really cheap on KGs part.

Glide2keva
01-29-2011, 08:37 PM
No that's tough defense :rolleyes:

ihatetimthomas
01-29-2011, 09:24 PM
I have no respect for guys who go under players to try to injure them. KG of all people should be a guy who wouldn't want another player to sustain a bad injury. Just plain ridiculous. And if he did it 2 times, that is just plain wrong. I got appreciation for his game, but KG is scum

XxSMSxX
01-29-2011, 09:32 PM
or, he didntg wanna be on the ground when kg came back for a second grope

Hey all im sayin is when i get hit in the balls it feels like I got smashed in the stomach with a sledgehammer. Channing fell on the ground, rolled around for a second and then jumps right the hell back up like nothing happened. I've never seen someone recover that fast from getting smacked in the groin.

Lebron23
01-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Paging Zach Randolph?

Randolph wants to play in the All Star Game. He's averaging 20.5 ppg, and 13.1 rpg this season. He definitely deserves a spot in the ASG because the Grizzlies have a decent record.

zizozain
01-30-2011, 12:53 AM
was it this

http://www.lostonwallace.com/fist8.jpg

or this

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/siloto/siloto0910/siloto091000088/5816189-hand--open-palm.jpg

Harison
01-30-2011, 01:18 AM
I have no respect for guys who go under players to try to injure them. KG of all people should be a guy who wouldn't want another player to sustain a bad injury. Just plain ridiculous. And if he did it 2 times, that is just plain wrong. I got appreciation for his game, but KG is scum
First of all, Garnett isnt known for deliberately injuring others, just because he runs towards someone and from inertia sometimes slids under, doesnt make it intentional.

Second of all, you as a Laker's fan should know Kobe did it many times, unintentionally too. Like he slid under Perkins in '10 Finals and it ended up with actual injury, yet I dont blame Kobe since it was an accident IMO.

gorbo
02-03-2011, 10:47 AM
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/488/garnettfoot.jpg