PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett Is A Nice Guy

LA_Showtime
01-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Per ESPN and Adande:

KG to ballboy hoping to get his ball signed: "You've got a better chance of catching Bin Laden"

:oldlol: I'm such a bad person for laughing.

DuMa
01-30-2011, 08:57 PM
:oldlol:

classic KG. love it

PJR
01-30-2011, 08:58 PM
LOL dude is such a douche.

HB40TheNextStar
01-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Just trying to keep the value of his signature up.

west
See, that's how you embrace the villain role.:oldlol:

D12"Magic"
Douche

LA_Showtime
01-30-2011, 09:00 PM
He is the poster boy the NBA has been looking for.

InfiniteBaskets
01-30-2011, 09:01 PM
I don't remember him being this mean in his MVP days. I guess winning changes everything.

Kevin_Garnett_5
01-30-2011, 09:01 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Doranku
01-30-2011, 09:07 PM
LMFAO! :roll: :roll: :roll:

ballup
01-30-2011, 09:08 PM
F&*($ YOUR ROOKIES!!!!:lol

LA_Showtime
01-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Someone needs to post that cartoon of Garnett and the cancer patient. :lol

Kevin_Garnett_5
01-30-2011, 09:09 PM
http://slamdumb.com/images/comics/11_8_10.jpg

west
01-30-2011, 09:10 PM
LMFAO @ the NBA Cares logo.:roll: :roll: :roll:

LA_Showtime
01-30-2011, 09:11 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PHILA
01-30-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't remember him being this mean in his MVP days. I guess winning changes everything.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A50496-2004Aug31.html

PHILA
01-30-2011, 09:24 PM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=83161

I remember I read in Beckett Basketball Monthly (back in '01) that KG has a serious attitude problem. The article was about players that you shouldn't approach for autographs and KG was #3 on the list.

They said that when they tried to get his autograph he snatched the pen and intentionally smeared the ink with his hand while he was writing... I'm really not that shocked that he would haul off and punch a rookie.

RajonKGcelts
01-30-2011, 09:26 PM
For all you weak ass fans keep in mind he was playing in LA. Why give an LA fan ballboy his autograph? he doesn't like the lakers, thats how to act. your all *******

The_Yearning
01-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Why would you ask KG for his autograph anyways?

Myth
01-30-2011, 09:31 PM
For all you weak ass fans keep in mind he was playing in LA. Why give an LA fan ballboy his autograph? he doesn't like the lakers, thats how to act. your all *******

Right, and he didn't have a more respectful alternative to turn him down.

Stuckey
01-30-2011, 09:32 PM
lol that's funny

Bernie Nips
01-30-2011, 09:32 PM
:oldlol: that is absolutely brilliant. I tip my hat to you KG.

SoCalMike
01-30-2011, 09:34 PM
yep, he's definitely a class act... :rolleyes:

:pimp:

strifed169
01-30-2011, 09:40 PM
why do all the known a hole players treat ballboys like crap, see lbj vs ballboy

jasonresno
01-30-2011, 09:58 PM
What a *****. Take his ability to hoop away and he's just a fan like the kid.

AMISTILLILL
01-30-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't blame him. I'd expect a similar attitude from Lamar Odom in Boston.

RaininThrees
01-30-2011, 10:23 PM

Agreed.

DuMa
01-30-2011, 10:26 PM

some lessons are meant to be taught the hard way. the kid will now learn not to try to get signatures from boston players while working for the lakers.

KG is an asshole but he is a correct asshole :)

ProfessorMurder
01-30-2011, 11:06 PM
So most believed that KG wasn't enough of a wordsmith to say that Villanueva was cancerous, but everyone believes he can pull out an Osama line like that off the top of his head?

Well, whatever works for disliking KG I guess.

KG is in the right to not give the kid an autograph, but he could've been nicer. Still, it's not a huge deal.

A.R.T
01-30-2011, 11:08 PM
So most believed that KG wasn't enough of a wordsmith to say that Villanueva was cancerous, but everyone believes he can pull out an Osama line like that off the top of his head?

Well, whatever works for disliking KG I guess.

KG is in the right to not give the kid an autograph, but he could've been nicer. Still, it's not a huge deal.

KG's in the right to turn down a fan, a kid no less, asking for an autograph?

the f*ck is wrong with you? :facepalm

code green
01-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Pretty funny, but it doesn't beat PP slapping everyone's hand next to the bench except for the kid in the LeBron James jersey.

ProfessorMurder
01-30-2011, 11:13 PM

He doesn't have to sign shit for anyone, it's his time, his signature, his choice... It's even less likely to happen when the person asking works for the rival team.

Would you sign autographs for thousands of people each year? I doubt it.

jasonresno
01-30-2011, 11:41 PM
He doesn't have to sign shit for anyone, it's his time, his signature, his choice... It's even less likely to happen when the person asking works for the rival team.

If I was lucky enough to be making millions of dollars a year to play a game for a living I think I would give that much back to the people that support the sport.

But whatever. KG isn't a slave, he doesn't have to sign shit. That's his decision.

Rockets(T-mac)
01-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Pretty funny, but it doesn't beat PP slapping everyone's hand next to the bench except for the kid in the LeBron James jersey.
Oh man I need to see that GIF again, that was classic. :oldlol:

icemanfan
01-31-2011, 12:42 AM
some lessons are meant to be taught the hard way. the kid will now learn not to try to get signatures from boston players while working for the lakers.

KG is an asshole but he is a correct asshole :)
so a young person deserves to be treated like that. If I am stern I give him two weeks with no pay. I hold a press conference and make the sorry piece of shit sign the ball and a hundred more for charity and I make every person in the league know that kind of behavior is NOT acceptable. If it was my son he did that to I would break his ****ing jaw.

ihatetimthomas
01-31-2011, 12:58 AM
It is his right to not sign anything. But when you make that much money, are adored by fans around the world, and have kids look up to you as role models, then just give the kid a break. Who do you think is paying for part of your salary? The fans. The least he could have done is be polite about it but it just shows you how little class KG has. I have no problem with not wanting to sign, but no need to be a douche

Disaprine
01-31-2011, 01:06 AM
Per ESPN and Adande:

KG to ballboy hoping to get his ball signed: "You've got a better chance of catching Bin Laden"
:roll:
[QUOTE=Kevin_Garnett_5]http://slamdumb.com/images/comics/11_8_10.jpg

code green
01-31-2011, 02:07 AM
Oh man I need to see that GIF again, that was classic. :oldlol:

ask and you shall receive

http://i39.tinypic.com/2yyqbnc.jpg

for what it's worth, if i saw a celtics ball boy hounding kobe for an autograph i'd say a whole lot worse than that. If you can't see how that's disrespectful to your franchise, you don't deserve to work for it.

PistonsFan#21
01-31-2011, 02:13 AM
so a young person deserves to be treated like that. If I am stern I give him two weeks with no pay. I hold a press conference and make the sorry piece of shit sign the ball and a hundred more for charity and I make every person in the league know that kind of behavior is NOT acceptable. If it was my son he did that to I would break his ****ing jaw.

Breaking his jaw for what exactly? not signing the autograph? its not like he told the kid to get the f*ck out of his face. He simply told him there's a better chance to catch Bin Laden which means there is no chance at all he gets the autograp. I think you overreact on that one a bit.

boozehound
01-31-2011, 02:24 AM

well, hes never obligated to sign any autograph (except for the ones the nba makes him sign), so he's well within his rights. in the right? meh,

Zach Morris
01-31-2011, 02:54 AM
He's a psycho. I'm not surprised.

LilEddyCurry
01-31-2011, 04:33 AM
If I was lucky enough to be making millions of dollars a year to play a game for a living I think I would give that much back to the people that support the sport.

But whatever. KG isn't a slave, he doesn't have to sign shit. That's his decision.

this

josh99
01-31-2011, 04:47 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jasi
01-31-2011, 04:48 AM

Hittin_Shots
01-31-2011, 04:50 AM

Easy to say when your not one.

trooper
01-31-2011, 08:49 AM

Yeah it was his choice to not sign anything but the way he said it was just terrible.

And to a ballyboy nonetheless.

Who cares if the boy is working for the Lakers? Still a basketball fan if he's asking for your signature.

Try thinking how you would feel if you were a 15 year old asking a superstar for their signature, only to have them give you a douchebag comment.

Regarding him punching someone in the face, KG is just a ****, that guy he punched grow up idolizing KG :facepalm

KG doesn't deserve props for shit, I sometimes wish I didn't enjoy watching him play basketball cause he's such a retard - frekaing head case. Whole attitude is a massive :facepalm

KOBEMAMBA24
01-31-2011, 08:55 AM
He is, and always has been, an idiot. He could have at least said it a little more nicely. A lot of the great players are douchebags, but this guy takes it to another level on and off the court.

Real Men Wear Green
01-31-2011, 09:03 AM
A truly awesome line. LOL @ the "he's such a meanie!" crybabies.

GOBB
01-31-2011, 09:10 AM
It was funny but this is just more proof that KG is more likely to have called Charlie V a cancer patient as opposed to "you are just cancerous to your team bro".

Doc Rivers "Sorry GOBB I was present when the ballboy asked. At the time KG head was bleeding, and he was visibly upset. So he told the kid now is not the time. You have a better chance at a later date. I was standing right there when it was said."

Cool story bro

Doc Rivers "Honest!"

Harison
01-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Per ESPN and Adande:

:oldlol: I'm such a bad person for laughing.
Thanks for the good laugh, repped :roll:

Harison
01-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Why would KG or anyone else sign autographs for the rivals? And you would even break his jaw for it? Whats wrong with you? :facepalm

Clutch
01-31-2011, 09:43 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If I was an NBA player I would always sign autographs.
It's a few seconds for me but the kid who I sign autograph for will remember it for a lifetime.
So I really can't understand NBA stars being so arrogant (at least he should walk away and not making that stupid bin laden comment)

GOBB
01-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Why would KG or anyone else sign autographs for the rivals?

Totally irrelevant

OhNoTimNoSho
01-31-2011, 10:05 AM
If more players were like KG, then it would be a better league.

Rockets(T-mac)
01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
It's funny how you guys are saying that he shouldn't sign for the rivals, and the ball boy deserves this because he is going against his franchise.... Really the ball boy? He's the ****ing ball boy, he has no loyalty to the team, he's a ****ing ball boy. If you think that some kind of stupid logic like that give players the right to be d!cks, I"m sorry that's just stupid logic.

Big#50
01-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Nukka has so much money because of the fans. **** him.

XxSMSxX
01-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Nukka has so much money because of the fans. **** him.

No NBA player owes any fan jack****. They worked they're asses off to get where they are, the fans didn't help him get to the NBA

Hibachi!
01-31-2011, 12:41 PM
No NBA player owes any fan jack****. They worked they're asses off to get where they are, the fans didn't help him get to the NBA

as much I would like to disagree, thats actually true. The fans do however help them win games and make money but it can be looked at either way, good arguments could be made.

XxSMSxX
01-31-2011, 12:45 PM
as much I would like to disagree, thats actually true. The fans do however help them win games and make money but it can be looked at either way, good arguments could be made.

Oh i'm not gonna argue that the fans don't help keep them hyped and charged during the game but people need to stop acting like these guys are owned by the fans of their franchise. they are basketball players, not slaves

01-31-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't know why you guys act like this is a KG thing, stupid people say really stupid things. KQ is one of the dumbest players out there, and that says a lot considering the average IQ is like 100 (Am I being generous). He is a shitstain, but hey society created it so society deals with it.

icemanfan
01-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Oh i'm not gonna argue that the fans don't help keep them hyped and charged during the game but people need to stop acting like these guys are owned by the fans of their franchise. they are basketball players, not slaves
does not give them the right to treat children like shit. No one has that right in this country. Maybe different in some third world shit hole but here no one does.

Nero Tulip
01-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Just a pathetic human being with a long body. I honestly wouldn't want to be him.

VIP2000
01-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Man, I used to own 2 of his Upper Deck autographed jersey cards but sold them both around 2003. I wished I had kept them.
:(

SpecialQue
01-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Man, I used to own 2 of his Upper Deck autographed jersey cards but sold them both around 2003. I wished I had kept them.
:(

Holy crap, he autographed them? Did he kick you in the nuts and spit on you before doing it?

jasonresno
01-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Nice. I tend to think that about 4 seconds of my time, for millions upon millions of dollars, is a pretty fair trade off.

B-Low
01-31-2011, 03:11 PM
I wonder how he's gonna cover this one up.

"Nuh uh...all I said to the kid was 'we've got bigger concerns right now, like catching Osama Bin Laden'"

national security >>>> autographs

ihatetimthomas
01-31-2011, 03:19 PM
I wonder how he's gonna cover this one up.

"Nuh uh...all I said to the kid was 'we've got bigger concerns right now, like catching Osama Bin Laden'"

national security >>>> autographs

LOL, you always got me rollin with your remarks

Kevin_Garnett_5
01-31-2011, 03:59 PM
:oldlol: Still LOLing at this. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PistonsFan#21
01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
does not give them the right to treat children like shit. No one has that right in this country. Maybe different in some third world shit hole but here no one does.

How did he treat him like shit exactly? he didnt swear or told the kid to f*ck off. He has the choice to sign the autograph or not. He didnt break any law here. You're making a big deal out of nothing man.

VIP2000
01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Holy crap, he autographed them? Did he kick you in the nuts and spit on you before doing it?

Oh no. I got two of them from opening packs of Upper Deck cards (they had to be redeemed through the mail though).

Harison
01-31-2011, 05:00 PM
I know you are trying to be witty, but KG happily signs for his team fans, just refuses to sign for the enemies, like Lakers :cheers:

Kellogs4toniee
01-31-2011, 05:11 PM
KG might be a jerk, but I sure as hell want him on my team.

ProfessorMurder
01-31-2011, 05:42 PM
You people claiming that you would sign autographs all the time are f*cking retarded. Try writing your name 100 times each day while eating meals, after exercising, while trying to be with your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/kids. You absolutely would not do it all the time.

For the person that said, 'how would you feel if that was you?' I wouldn't f*cking ask someone for an autograph. It imposes on their life and I consider it rude, unless it's a legitimate autograph session. I'd say 'hi' or something and let them be. Celebrities and athletes just want to be left alone once in a while.

Nick Menai
01-31-2011, 05:57 PM
HAHA

love the quote.
Why would a Boston player sign an autograph for someone wearing lakers clothes?

If more players were like KG, then it would be a better league.
the best post in this thread.

Eat Like A Bosh
01-31-2011, 06:03 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

LA_Showtime
01-31-2011, 07:11 PM
I swear that Pierce and Garnett are the only two players who can pull this shit and have it come off as hilarious as it does. I still crack up when I see Pierce ignore that little kid. :oldlol:

FF1
01-31-2011, 07:45 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

He actually meant "you are a Bin Laden to your team and the league".

GOBB
01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
You people claiming that you would sign autographs all the time are f*cking retarded. Try writing your name 100 times each day while eating meals, after exercising, while trying to be with your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/kids. You absolutely would not do it all the time.

For the person that said, 'how would you feel if that was you?' I wouldn't f*cking ask someone for an autograph. It imposes on their life and I consider it rude, unless it's a legitimate autograph session. I'd say 'hi' or something and let them be. Celebrities and athletes just want to be left alone once in a while.

Agreed to an extent. This was at the game tho. So I wouldnt lump this with personal/me time. Some NBA players too were once snubbed autographs from players they idolized. More specifically Shaq when he seeked Drob. Its cool to turn down signing an autograph but you dont have to be a d!ck about it. I think thats fair to ask. Atleast given the situation. Now if he is at dinner with his lady and gets harrassed? By all means give them the vintage KG lingo.

XxSMSxX
01-31-2011, 08:08 PM

Telling a kid he has a better chance of catching Bin Laden is treating children like shit? Where the hell are you from man? Must be a nice neighborhood

XxSMSxX
01-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Nice. I tend to think that about 4 seconds of my time, for millions upon millions of dollars, is a pretty fair trade off.

Except that 4 seconds is multiplied hundreds upon hundreds of times for every signature he gives out and frankly signing shit repeatedly like that seems like it would get annoying as balls after a while.

dazzer87
01-31-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't blame him. I'd expect a similar attitude from Lamar Odom in Boston.

but who in the hell wants autograph from Odumb.......

jasonresno
01-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Except that 4 seconds is multiplied hundreds upon hundreds of times for every signature he gives out and frankly signing shit repeatedly like that seems like it would get annoying as balls after a while.
Oh God.

You are really defending this?

For a few million dollars a year, the adoration of fans, and a chance to play a sport I'm passionate for that'd be enough. Add on to the fact that people like that kid, his family, and the rest of the fans are the reason that KGs ***** ass is even getting paid to begin with...

SpecialQue
01-31-2011, 09:47 PM
I swear that Pierce and Garnett are the only two players who can pull this shit and have it come off as hilarious as it does. I still crack up when I see Pierce ignore that little kid. :oldlol:

I passionately hate both of these guys, but I still have to :bowdown: to their fantastic dickishness. Damn entertaining stuff.

Round Mound
02-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Garnett is a great player but it is typical of him to pick and 6 footers. Wow i wish it was the 80s and early 90s when those acts ended in real fights.

DeronMillsap
02-01-2011, 01:07 AM
That's hilarious!!! :D

XxSMSxX
02-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Oh God.

You are really defending this?

For a few million dollars a year, the adoration of fans, and a chance to play a sport I'm passionate for that'd be enough. Add on to the fact that people like that kid, his family, and the rest of the fans are the reason that KGs ***** ass is even getting paid to begin with...

What your not getting is that's his choice for whatever reason he has. And that's his RIGHT to that choice. It's fine if you think you would sign autographs all the time, but realize that not everyone has to act like you.

DeronMillsap
02-01-2011, 01:27 AM

Holysh-t!!!! That's just as hilarious. :roll:

Need more athletes to keep it real. I wouldn't give a shit about the kids either. :lol

Derka
02-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Garnett is a great player but it is typical of him to pick and 6 footers. Wow i wish it was the 80s and early 90s when those acts ended in real fights.

I'll bet in the 80s and early 90s, fans wouldn't bring up something completely different from the topic at hand just to take a shot at the guy.