PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cellphones

ALBballer
12-06-2006, 05:49 PM
What kind do you have, and what type do you want? I want to get the Sony Ericsson W600i. I'll be able to play mp3, listen to radio with it, and it seems like a decent phone. Any suggestions, except for Razor's?

http://www.cellphonestalk.com/cellphonereviews/sonyericsson/w600i/sony-ericsson-w600i-headset.jpg

GoRapz
12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
I got the RAZR

Spike Spiegel
12-06-2006, 05:56 PM
I have a Verizon Chocolate. It's pretty sweet.

BankShot
12-06-2006, 07:01 PM
The only thing I hate more than cellphones are cellphone ringtones.

qwerty
12-06-2006, 07:55 PM
nobody on here has cell phones. remeber, we're on ish on all day.

adamcz
12-06-2006, 07:57 PM
I use this one
http://www.technology-corner.com/images/earlycellphone.gif
but I'm thinking of getting the Apple one when it comes out.

craigthomasb
12-06-2006, 08:45 PM
wait aother yar, they'll have like a 4gig i pod, with a 6 megapixel digital camera and a cellphone all together

Timmeh
12-06-2006, 09:12 PM
i have a motorola e815
same here.

bagelred
12-06-2006, 09:16 PM

That was very unintentionally funny.

bigboi_baller
12-06-2006, 09:36 PM
What kind do you have, and what type do you want? I want to get the Sony Ericsson W600i. I'll be able to play mp3, listen to radio with it, and it seems like a decent phone. Any suggestions, except for Razor's?

http://www.cellphonestalk.com/cellphonereviews/sonyericsson/w600i/sony-ericsson-w600i-headset.jpg
W600i is a great phone but its pretty bulky. I've used it before. Theres no expendable memory either which is big in all new phones.

I now have a sony w810i. Its pretty much the same phone with more features like 2 megapixel cam. Expendable memory. And its one of the few black candybar phones.

B-Low
12-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I have a Razr. I want that chocolate one but its only with Verizon

Targus
12-06-2006, 10:14 PM
i have a motorola razr

bigboi_baller
12-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I can't stand RAZRs. I don't see why people get them. Yes they are thin, put they are HUGE. Their screens mess up so quickly. They are soo generic for teens and "hip" adults

ALBballer
12-06-2006, 10:50 PM
W600i is a great phone but its pretty bulky. I've used it before. Theres no expendable memory either which is big in all new phones.

I now have a sony w810i. Its pretty much the same phone with more features like 2 megapixel cam. Expendable memory. And its one of the few black candybar phones.

Ye, I just went to the store and it seems like they don't even have a rebate anymore on the 600i, so I'm probably going to get the 810i. I plan to use it as my mp3 player (my dell dj 20gb is messed up, you can only hear the songs from one side unless you adjust them correctly), but I don't know if i'll be able to work out with it.

Anyways, I still have time because my contract runs up in Feb, but the new Sony looks like perfect for me.

BTW, can you transfer files with the 810, I don't see why not if it comes with an usb and memory.

ElPigto
12-06-2006, 10:52 PM

I have the same one, but I hate it. :(

Mathius
12-06-2006, 10:58 PM
In my experience, Cell phones are like PC's. Once you buy them, they're obsolete almost as soon as you get them home or a month later.

Also, all the ring tones in the world don't mean crap if your phone gets broke. Unless you get lucky and they're able to transfer all that stuff to your new phone (and that's iffy especially if the phone is broke) you're going to go through the trouble of setting everything up again.

I keep my phone setup to the standard settings and I don't worry about it. Afterall, I bought it to be able to make phone calls, particularly in situations where my car might break down, or other emergency situations, so I don't need to use all the other crap they want you to get.

My phone has a camcorder, it has a camera. But the quality is crap, so why bother? It has internet and I can get movies via some kind of t.v. channels on my phone, but all that costs extra. Why would I pay for t.v. on a 4" screen?

Mathius

geeWiz15
12-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I was going to get a chocolate.. but we just switched to Cingular. DAMNIT.

so I got some phone.. don't know what its called. like 2 days ago. it has all sorts of cool features that I'll never use, like live TV and mp3 and camera and videocamera etc etc etc. when really all I do is call people.. go figure.

ElPigto
12-06-2006, 11:53 PM
I was going to get a chocolate.. but we just switched to Cingular. DAMNIT.

so I got some phone.. don't know what its called. like 2 days ago. it has all sorts of cool features that I'll never use, like live TV and mp3 and camera and videocamera etc etc etc. when really all I do is call people.. go figure.

This is probably why I hate the chocolate.

I get this phone to put music on it and such, and I haven't even used it for that. Hell I don't even care about the great 1.3 MP camera, or that it can take video. I told my mom she can have my phone and I'll take her motorola which is just really simple. I just want to make calls with the dang phone, all these extra features, I don't like. I don't know what I was thinking when I got this phone, err, now I'm upset that I got it. I should of used that money towards putting some new speakers in my car. Them factory speakers just don't work anymore.

geeWiz15
12-06-2006, 11:56 PM
the only reason I wanted a chocolate was because I couldnt think of anything else to ask for christmas and it looks really cool. I have an ipod for music.

I guess my parents will just owe me one. I dont think I can pull a Wii so I'll just go giftless.

EuJazz
12-06-2006, 11:59 PM

I bought this one in June, and it's pretty reliable, loud as hell if you really feel like blasting music out of your phone. Using it as an MP3 player just drains the battery out of it, which really is its only drawback. I like it, it's unique. I get lots of ooo's and aaaah's from it. :D

EuJazz
12-07-2006, 12:01 AM

I don't feel it's that bulky...How slim does everything need to be now-a-days? You must have tiny pockets! ;)

brwnman
12-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Nokia 6265i...

ALBballer
12-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I bought this one in June, and it's pretty reliable, loud as hell if you really feel like blasting music out of your phone. Using it as an MP3 player just drains the battery out of it, which really is its only drawback. I like it, it's unique. I get lots of ooo's and aaaah's from it. :D

Makes sense, how long do you think you could play your mp3's on the battery? And how long does your average battery last?

gsxr1kryder
12-07-2006, 03:36 AM
I had the Motorola Razr and hated it. It just seemed like it was too big, and being so thin, I just couldn't quit thinking that i was going to destroy it. so my wife took the Razr, and I bought the Samsung A950. pretty good phone. i've dropped it several times, and nothing has happened yet.

I agree with what someone else said, the phones have so many features, but after a month or so, I also don't use any of them. haven't used the camera but a couple times. don't think i've used the camcorder at all. phone w/my memory card can hold like 200+ songs. after the first couple months, I really don't listen to it that much anymore. also, the stock ringtone sucks.ony ringtone on the phone was the verizon default one and it is stupid.

all i really use the cell phone for is making calls, text messages, and the mobile web (to check scores when i'm working in the evenings).

AKADS
12-07-2006, 03:55 AM
Samng A900. It works I can read ISH on it so it makes me happy.

bigboi_baller
12-07-2006, 10:59 AM
I don't feel it's that bulky...How slim does everything need to be now-a-days? You must have tiny pockets! ;)
Its big compared to my w810i...

I gets kind of annoying having to spin/slide it everytime you want to get to the numbers. But its a nice phone. Very loud

brwnman
12-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Samng A900. It works I can read ISH on it so it makes me happy.

nice phone, my brother's got the samsung d900... gawd phone... i got nokia 6265, ill phone too...

schyza
12-07-2006, 05:49 PM
I guess I am the only one on here that has the new Motorola Q

I love this phone has every thing it

brwnman
12-07-2006, 09:39 PM
my friend has the Q as well, pretty sik phone...

Wadeisabeast
12-08-2006, 12:34 PM
I got a new sanyo vi-2300 for $30 a few days ago. Its nice.

CavaliersFTW
03-30-2015, 07:45 PM
RAZR's and Chocolotes. No such thing as a data plan. Wow those were the days :lol

iTare
03-30-2015, 07:58 PM
:lebronamazed:

ALBballer
03-30-2015, 08:33 PM
Holy crap I remember being amazed at the phone's ability to be used as a legitimate MP3 player, quality pictures considering 2.0 mp and the screen size.

Now I have a note 3 and the screen size is probably 3 times bigger and can't believe how much I thought of this shitty phone.

CavaliersFTW
03-30-2015, 08:38 PM
Holy crap I remember being amazed at the phone's ability to be used as a legitimate MP3 player, quality pictures considering 2.0 mp and the screen size.

Now I have a note 3 and the screen size is probably 3 times bigger and can't believe how much I thought of this shitty phone.
I had the chocolate as well, I remember playing Oregon Trail on it for hours on slow days thinking how awesome it was to have such an in depth game on a phone :lol

Then I got the iPhone 5s when it came out and it had freaking GTA San Andreas on it and the graphics look as good as they did on PC it's freaking crazy how fast technology develops, it seems like it progresses in leaps and bounds.

Draz
03-31-2015, 02:05 PM
Had 2 Samsung Galaxy S4s and one Galaxy S4 Mini. Both broke. Got a new iPhone 5s yesterday and I'm amazed at the fluid, smooth, operating system. No lag. Justifies my purchase. Only paid $330 for the black 16GB on eBay.

I also like the low light camera on here. Finger print scanner is extremely accurate. Swype on here using SwiftKey app. Accuracy, just pure accuracy.

The iPhone 6 probably would be better in terms of perfect screen size. The plus might be a little too big for extreme android note users or older people like my father who uses a note 4.

In about a year or so I'll sell this back for probably 270-280 and get an iPhone 6s. Hopefully the new one has waterproof, shockproof, and 2GB of ram.

The whole ram thing coming from an Android user I too was drowning ios users with megapixels and ram. There needs to be an explanation to why a phone with 1GB or less ram can compete with phones using 2GB to 3GB of ram. The operating system is built to do more with less.

I was a skeptic at first but I'm done with lagging, crashing and freezing. With higher megapixels but dark photos in low light environment. I was looking at the S4 video I took 2 years ago on a highway. Man that was beautiful. There's no doubt the video on the amazing galaxy S4-6 are jut mind blowing outside. Samsung deserves it's props there. I haven't tested the video of the iPhone 5s yet or have seen any of the 6 outside. But I strongly doubt it's that good.

Both phones have their pros and cons. I'm happy to say I used the Samsung Galaxy series since the very first Galaxy S and stuck it through. My mother still using the S2 and that's a plus considering she drops it a lot but doesn't leave any dents or broken screen. Samsung needs to make their phones stronger and more worthy of purchasing at retail $700+. I purchased my S4 for $700 flat cash.

This might be the last time Samsung receives my money. Touchwiz is holding it back by far. They need to drop that software and work heavily on stop copying Apple in hardware and overly being obsessed with numbers and worry about how the phone works. The sole purpose of Android when it made its appearance was to do as much as ios as it possibly can for less. It's up until consumers are being charged more than that of an iPhone at retail prices that you wonder if what you're paying for is matching that price. The concept of Android users no longer works. You're paying as much for an android phone or more now.

Tldr; had three top android phones, never again. Made the switch to Apple (iPhone 5s 16GB) and I'm impressed by the software and even hardware that many people claim is being minimized.

For the extreme android users who will disagree, I'll go ahead and enjoy my 1GB of ram and you can enjoy your Touchwiz.

Nowitness
03-31-2015, 02:08 PM
I've been like this since the Motorola Razr.

Earl the GOAT.

AkronAngel
03-31-2015, 02:10 PM
The Razr was awesome.

Draz
03-31-2015, 02:21 PM
Sidekicks were king of phones during the era before smartphones. Hands down had the best time of my life using those. They had something called TMAIL and if you're a real pimp girls used to send nudes on there 24-7. In fact I believe that's how sexting all started. Sadly they made their appearance as a smartphone in 09 with the sidekick 09 release and didn't do as good as expected.

I had the LX. Everyone wanted them. Going into t-mobile and seeing them there man. Can't remember the prices. Definitely must of been $500 or more for one.

BigNBAfan
03-31-2015, 02:25 PM
I had a motorola V220... wtf
Before that it was a sony ericsson that had the optional *attachable* camera that was VGA quality. Life was simpler then

KobesFinger
03-31-2015, 03:01 PM
In 2007 I had a Sony Ericsson K750i. Was the RAZR a good phone? It came out when everyone wanted thinner phones but I always thought it looked flimsy, and I never really like Motorolas

NBAplayoffs2001
03-31-2015, 03:07 PM
Sidekicks were king of phones during the era before smartphones. Hands down had the best time of my life using those. They had something called TMAIL and if you're a real pimp girls used to send nudes on there 24-7. In fact I believe that's how sexting all started. Sadly they made their appearance as a smartphone in 09 with the sidekick 09 release and didn't do as good as expected.

I had the LX. Everyone wanted them. Going into t-mobile and seeing them there man. Can't remember the prices. Definitely must of been $500 or more for one.

Yeah I remember having a sidekick back in the day or a BB curve was huge (almost bought a sidekick in 09). I still remember that 2 years or so that Blackberries were extremely popular. It was a "cool" thing to have in high school and a lot of people used the chatting system on there. Most people stopped using AIM after they got their BBs.

NBAplayoffs2001
03-31-2015, 03:08 PM
In 2007 I had a Sony Ericsson K750i. Was the RAZR a good phone? It came out when everyone wanted thinner phones but I always thought it looked flimsy, and I never really like Motorolas

It was overrated. I had mine until about late 2009. Broke extremely easily.

Draz
03-31-2015, 03:20 PM
RAZR's and Chocolotes. No such thing as a data plan. Wow those were the days :lol
I knew this name ran a bell!! My mom used to use this way back haha. Man. She had that shit for a long time too. No lie though the speaker was decent

Draz
03-31-2015, 03:25 PM
Yeah I remember having a sidekick back in the day or a BB curve was huge (almost bought a sidekick in 09). I still remember that 2 years or so that Blackberries were extremely popular. It was a "cool" thing to have in high school and a lot of people used the chatting system on there. Most people stopped using AIM after they got their BBs.
Yup. The world was against smartphones for a little because the LX was such a huge impact on teens especially. It had to do with the fancy lights and lightening of the trackball when messages arrived. The 09 didn't have that I believe and it was focused on the same keyboard functionality but without the lights and focused on Facebook too. Probably the first time something new wasn't as good as the previous version (LX being better or still more popular than its newer brother the 09)

AIM IMO is still KING of messaging. They need to bring that back. KIK will never come close to what AOL/AIM is. One thing I wish society didn't pass on as it progresses. I'm still hoping it comes back.

KobesFinger
03-31-2015, 03:54 PM
Yup. The world was against smartphones for a little because the LX was such a huge impact on teens especially. It had to do with the fancy lights and lightening of the trackball when messages arrived. The 09 didn't have that I believe and it was focused on the same keyboard functionality but without the lights and focused on Facebook too. Probably the first time something new wasn't as good as the previous version (LX being better or still more popular than its newer brother the 09)

AIM IMO is still KING of messaging. They need to bring that back. KIK will never come close to what AOL/AIM is. One thing I wish society didn't pass on as it progresses. I'm still hoping it comes back.

MSN>>>

Draz
03-31-2015, 04:16 PM
MSN>>>
Never used it but I remember it being widely popular, along with yahoo messenger