PDA

View Full Version : Lakers' Ron Artest hopes for trade

indiefan24
02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=Artest-110202

I'm told that there's at least one prominent Laker who hopes he's the guy who gets shipped out in the next 20-odd days.

One source close to the situation insists that Ron Artest wants out.

Asked to react to that, Artest's agent David Bauman declined comment.

uh oh

chris2010
02-02-2011, 01:34 PM
alright then, see ya later

Lakers13
02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
His 3 years and 22 mil gonna be hard to move. He should keep his mouth shut.

catch24
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Are you serious right now?

Clutch
His 3 years and 22 mil gonna be hard to move. He should keep his mouth shut.
this

It would be very hard to trade him.

Marquis Daniels
:wtf: :facepalm

Fatal9
02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
He has no value. Would need to be paired with a Bynum or Gasol if Lakers want to get real talent back.

Should have kept Ariza :facepalm

Lakers13
02-02-2011, 01:39 PM
this

It would be very hard to trade him.

He can't take being picked on by Phil. :oldlol:

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Damn i didn't see this. I'll add my comment to this thread.

Maybe this has been posted already but i didn't read it. I'm not surprised i remember when he got upset that Phil was criticizing him to the media. Plus i'm sure he is not happy with Kobe blaming everyone for stuff they do but nobody blaming Kobe. LOL at the regulating vs relegating

So who has as bad a contract as Artest where both teams might consider trading players that busted with a lot of money left in their contracts? Hedo would've been awesome on the Lakers but too little too late. Arenas maybe? Altho Lakers would never do that since Artest helps them more. Maybe Artest for Mo Williams? how about Maggette?

Doranku
02-02-2011, 01:40 PM
He has no value. Would need to be paired with a Bynum or Gasol if Lakers want to get real talent back.

Should have kept Ariza :facepalm

Yup. :facepalm

Marquis Daniels
weak mental imo :violin:

JohnnySic
Trade him to the Celtics for Jermaine O'Neal. We could use another character.

Just kidding. :D

Jr Llaban
:(

taucesays
At least he got a ring out of it...

Doranku
02-02-2011, 01:41 PM

..that he auctioned off. :facepalm

Lakers13
02-02-2011, 01:42 PM

He auctioned it off :oldlol:

And to Fatal, Ariza declined our offer, we wanted him back.

DuMa
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
false story, ron loves innout too much

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
He auctioned it off :oldlol:

And to Fatal, Ariza declined our offer, we wanted him back.

Didn't the Lakers low ball him? Then ditch him after they realized they could geet Artest?

Lakers13
02-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Didn't the Lakers low ball him? Then ditch him after they realized they could geet Artest?

They offered him what they gave Ron, essentially the same deal he took with Houston. His agent was trying to get him in that 8 mil a year deal. His agent kept going to the media saying a deal can't get done, Lakers called the bluff and offered Artest the deal and he took it.

ginobli2311
02-02-2011, 01:47 PM
who the hell is going to take on ron artest? he makes like 7 million a year for three more years after this one.

no way he can be traded without bynum going as well.

do the nuggets think about a artest/bynum for melo/harrington type deal?

they'd get rid of the harrington contract which is a year longer than artest's and they would get back bynum.

maybe a three team deal is possible there with the lakers getting a melo and a center......with harrington going to a third team.

hmmmmmmm. that might work actually.

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Ariza's agent ****ed him over.

Anyways, Artest can only be traded with a package....and that package would probably have to be Shannon Brown

MeLO MvP 15
02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I think this is getting over blown, he's probably just frustrated with his bad play and being blamed for almost everything.

Also, if LA were to take back another bad contract, I think there might be a few teams that would take a chance on him.

For some reason I think Chicago should take a chance on him. Idk if either team does it, but Artest and Brown for Deng seems pretty good to me.

kabalcage
02-02-2011, 01:55 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4oryh8n

Ron Artest / Luke Walton
to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace

Why the Lakers do it: Crash is a rich man's Trevor Ariza; he can defend the LeBron James of the world.

Why the Bobcats do it: Luke Walton is a triple double threat on a reasonable contract. Ron Artest and Michael Jordan have mutual respect for one another, even after Ron cracked some of Michael's ribs during prep for his 2nd comeback.

Plus these guys are cheaper and when Stephen Jackson is inevitably gifted; this will be a dirt cheap team.

Jr Llaban
02-02-2011, 01:56 PM
false story, ron loves innout too much
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1413/677657225_9296eb650e.jpg

B-Easy
02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
you guys believe this stuff?

ginobli2311
something like this might be pretty damn good for the lakers.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6cxbj3l

Naruto-sama

God that looks good. This just made me decide on Burger Kings jalapeno and cheese burger for lunch :pimp:

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 01:59 PM

Ron Artest / Luke Walton

Why the Lakers do it: Crash is a rich man's Trevor Ariza; he can defend the LeBron James of the world.

Why the Bobcats do it: Luke Walton is a triple double threat on a reasonable contract. Ron Artest and Michael Jordan have mutual respect for one another, even after Ron cracked some of Michael's ribs during prep for his 2nd comeback.

Plus these guys are cheaper and when Stephen Jackson is inevitably gifted; this will be a dirt cheap team.
Shannon Brown + Ron Artest for Stephen Jackson is more realistic...

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 01:59 PM
you guys believe this stuff?

Why wouldn't you? Artest doesn't look happyh and there have been hints he isn't throughout thee season.

Jr Llaban
02-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Luke Walton is a triple double threat
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/kobe.gif

You're reaching with that one.

kidachi
wow. I want to rep Ron Artest :oldlol:

Naruto-sama
Shannon Brown + Ron Artest for Stephen Jackson is more realistic...

The Lakers would be dumb to trade for SJax considering he needs the ball in his hands and needs a ton of shots to be him.

B-Easy
02-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Why wouldn't you? Artest doesn't look happyh and there have been hints he isn't throughout thee season.

he doesnt look happy on the court because he has suked and missed a lot of open shots .. that doesnt mean he wants out.

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 02:01 PM
The Lakers would be dumb to trade for SJax considering he needs the ball in his hands and needs a ton of shots to be him.
Stick to Golf or some gay shit, hoops isn't your thing.

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Stick to Golf or some gay shit, hoops isn't your thing.

I bet you don't watch anyone but the Lakers :lol

Its just sorry how rep works here, how the hell doo you have green rep anyways?

LOGoods7
02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Hasn't he said that he'd do whatever it takes to win?

C'mon Ron, you're better than that :facepalm

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
he doesnt look happy on the court because he has suked and missed a lot of open shots .. that doesnt mean he wants out.

Do you remember when Phil was criticiziing him to the media? Phil did it again their last game at halftime....

MeLO MvP 15
02-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Dallas would probably take the risk of him considering they could use him, but I can't see the two teams making a deal. Also, I doubt that he wants to get traded, he's probably just frustrated with his role.

gts
02-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Shannon Brown + Ron Artest for Stephen Jackson is more realistic...brown can't be traded under his current contract

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Dallas would probably take the risk of him considering they could use him, but I can't see the two teams making a deal. Also, I doubt that he wants to get traded, he's probably just frustrated with his role.

Artest isn't the only one frustrated. Lakers and their fans that watch them seem to be pretty frustrated with Artest as well.

kabalcage

http://bkref.com/tiny/r8Wra

Luke is a STAR!

How do you think he got that contract?

Fatal9

No it wouldn't. Lakers have absolutely 0 need for Melo, unless you think taking touches away from Pau/Kobe and handing them to Melo (who can't even stretch the floor) is a better idea. They are the best offense in the league, that's not where they are having problems (though another shooter would help a lot). They need a wing player who stretches the floor and defends, a role player, not an inefficient scorer who needs the ball to be effective.

And Biedrins is way too foul prone to be trusted in the playoffs.

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 02:07 PM
brown can't be traded under his current contract
Just out of curiosity, why? I am not too familiar with how contracts work. I just use the trade machine. :lol

crisoner
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM

All that and the WARRIORS get Al for a second time? lol

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 02:09 PM
I bet you don't watch anyone but the Lakers :lol

Its just sorry how rep works here, how the hell doo you have green rep anyways?
I bet you have never even watched Stephen Jackson play. Troll.

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
No it wouldn't. Lakers have absolutely 0 need for Melo, unless you think taking touches away from Pau/Kobe and handing them to Melo (who can't even stretch the floor) is a better idea. They are the best offense in the league, that's not where they are having problems (though another shooter would help a lot). They need a wing player who stretches the floor and defends, a role player, not an inefficient scorer who needs the ball to be effective.

I agree which is why SJAX is even worse.

Hedo would've been perfect. Too bad.

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
I agree which is why SJAX is even worse.

Hedo would've been perfect. Too bad.
It is clear you don't know who Stephen Jackson is, or Hedo Turkoglu. So either you are just flat out stupid, a troll, or both.

gts
02-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Just out of curiosity, why? I am not too familiar with how contracts work. I just use the trade machine. :lol
lakers signed him to a one year contract using a clause called "early bird" rights... part of the deal is the lakers cannot trade him... it's the same thing that devin george used to block a trade when the mavs tried to move him

the lakers were over the cap and didn't have full bird right to brown but early bird allowed them to sign him... to protect the player under a one year contract there's a stipulation that blocks him from being traded... it keeps teams from signing players to one year contracts under false pretenses

next season he'll be a free agent and the lakers will have full bird rights

ginobli2311

i agree.

i'm saying that if they are hell bent on making a move that is pretty damn good because it gives you another franchise player and gives you a decent center.

and i do think kobe and phil could get melo to play really hard on defense. and melo can certainly stretch the floor because he's going to drill shots if left open.

i wouldn't make a move if i was the lakers. but if they really do.....i'd move bynum because you can get a lot for him....and to be perfectly honest....bynum might not have a healthy year for this career.

crunch time lineup potential of:

fisher/kobe/melo/odom/gasol....sounds pretty damn good on both ends if you get melo to buy in defensively. which i think he really would.

artest is a liability at this point. and he's a head case. bynum is hurt non stop. why not move them if you are making a move?

Naruto-sama
I bet you have never even watched Stephen Jackson play. Troll.

Are you really trying to say SJax doesn't need the ball in his hands and shots to be him? Describe SJax's game so i can laugh at how you don't even watch players to know what the hell you're talking about. You're an example of why the rep system is so fukked up. Way too many people that only go by name hype and not observation.

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Are you really trying to say SJax doesn't need the ball in his hands and shots to be him? Describe SJax's game so i can laugh at how you don't even watch players to know what the hell you're talking about. You're an example of why the rep system is so fukked up.
Watch him play in Golden State, Indiana, and San Antonio. Moron.

He has been a role player before, and I bet you didnt even know he won a ring with the Spurs in 2003.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-02-2011, 02:15 PM

He has been a role player before, and I bet you didnt even know he won a ring with the Spurs in 2003.
:applause: :applause:

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 02:16 PM

Describe his game idiot. When is the last time you watched SJax play? And he was a gun in GS too. I don't care, go ahead and hope you can trade for him so i can laugh at how much of a clueless dumbass you are.

Check his shooting% and shots the last few years if you don't believe me.

I knew NBA forum had some retarded posters that only go by name hype, and i geet why people avoid this place or complain about it in OTC now :facepalm

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 02:16 PM
:applause: :applause:

:oldlol:

You people definitely don't watch the players you talk about play.

scm5
02-02-2011, 02:17 PM

Ron Artest / Luke Walton

:roll: not sure if serious, either way thanks for the laugh. I seriously lol'd when I read that.

Disaprine
02-02-2011, 02:19 PM
He can't take being picked on by Phil. :oldlol:
:lol

Andrei89
02-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Yup. :facepalm

Really? Ron Artest won you the championship last year with a dagger three against Boston and a game winner against Pheonix. Who knows how that would have turned out if Artest did not make that winner.

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Describe his game idiot. When is the last time you watched SJax play? And he was a gun in GS too. I don't care, go ahead and hope you can trade for him so i can laugh at how much of a clueless dumbass you are.

Check his shooting% and shots the last few years if you don't believe me.

I knew NBA forum had some retarded posters that only go by name hype, and i geet why people avoid this place or complain about it in OTC now :facepalm
So because he plays on a team that has no offense, you think that is how he normally plays? If he doesn't chuck up stupid shots the Bobcats would get blown out every ****ing night. Him chucking out shots is how those guys are even in games. Because he makes dumb shots. He shouldn't take them, but he makes them.

He wasn't like this in Golden State, Indiana, or San Antonio. Dumbass.

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Really? Ron Artest won you the championship last year with a dagger three against Boston and a game winner against Pheonix. Who knows how that would have turned out if Artest did not make that winner.

straw man

Doranku
02-02-2011, 02:24 PM

And Ariza hit countless big shots against Denver and Orlando in '09.

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 02:24 PM
and if Ariza was on the Lakers maybe teh series could have been Lakers in 5 instead of 6. Or Lakers in 4 instead of 6. or Lakers in 6 over the Celtics.

I love how people don't understand that putting away a team early is probably better than making clutch shots. This is the same crap with Kobe vs. Jordan.

People love to talk about how Kobe hit more game winners than Jordan, yet people don't understand Jordan didn't need to hit game winners cause he would own every team in the first three quarters that he wouldn't need to bail them out.

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 02:25 PM
So because he plays on a team that has no offense, you think that is how he normally plays? If he doesn't chuck up stupid shots the Bobcats would get blown out every ****ing night. Him chucking out shots is how those guys are even in games. Because he makes dumb shots. He shouldn't take them, but he makes them.

He wasn't like this in Golden State, Indiana, or San Antonio. Dumbass.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. He was a different player earlier in his career and even then he wasn't exactly the high% roleplayer type, ever. In GS he was a gun and you're stupid if you don't think they had any offense but him :facepalm

He's been chucking for years now. Bad shots, poor decision making, but will occasionally have some huge games that you probably watch on Sportscenter and why you think he's so great for the Lakers.

I'm 100% positive you have no idea wtf you're talking about. Then again you're some dude with a Laker handle talking about a player thats never played for the Lakers, and refuses to even describe what SJax's game is like. Same with that Beasley kid :facepalm

dwightderon
02-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Will be hard to find a taker unless they put a good player with him or a team gives up just as bad a contract.

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 02:27 PM
You really have no idea what you're talking about. He was a different player earlier in his career and even then he wasn't exactly the high% roleplayer type, ever. In GS he was a gun and you're stupid if you don't think they had any offense but him :facepalm

He's been chucking for years now. Bad shots, poor decision making, but will occasionally have some huge games that you probably watch on Sportscenter and why you think he's so great for the Lakers.

I'm 100% positive you have no idea wtf you're talking about. Then again you're some dude with a Laker handle talking about a player thats never played for the Lakers, and refuses to even describe what SJax's game is like. Same with that Beasley kid :facepalm
God you're an idiot.

Talk to me when you get a green bar a.k.a never again.

By the way just out of curiosity, were you the fan that Stephen Jackson beat the shit out of in Detroit? Maybe that is where your stupid blind hate is coming from.

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 02:31 PM
God you're an idiot.

Talk to me when you get a green bar a.k.a never again.

By the way just out of curiosity, were you the fan that Stephen Jackson beat the shit out of in Detroit? Maybe that is where your stupid blind hate is coming from.

Oh trust me you're so wrong in this and i can't emphasize more how sad it is that you have green rep and saying what you're pretending to say now :facepalm

Describe SJax's game to me. I really want to hear you talk about what he does and doesn't do well. So is he a high% team player shooter that doesn't need the ball to do well and can fit perfectly in the LAkers system in Artests place? Get back to me because this is what it boils down to. We can call each other names all day but its not getting to the bottom of you really knowing wtf you're talking about, so by all means go ahead and tell me SJax's game and how he'd be such a great fit in a Lakers uni.

i'm also guessing you voted for Yao Ming and Shaq for the all star game too?

Mr. Jabbar
02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
You just cannot draw any conclussions out of anything ron ron says, much less about something that someone else says he said...

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Oh trust me you're so wrong in this and i can't emphasize more how sad it is that you have green rep and saying what you're pretending to say now :facepalm

Describe SJax's game to me. I really want to hear you talk about what he does and doesn't do well. So is he a high% team player shooter that doesn't need the ball to do well and can fit perfectly in the LAkers system in Artests place? Get back to me because this is what it boils down to. We can call each other names all day but its not getting to the bottom of you really knowing wtf you're talking about, so by all means go ahead and tell me SJax's game and how he'd be such a great fit in a Lakers uni.

i'm also guessing you voted for Yao Ming and Shaq for the all star game too?
He does everything well except for his shot selection and I am sure others other than yourself would agree.

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 02:37 PM
He does everything well except for his shot selection and I am sure others other than yourself would agree.

You can do better than that. Lets make this easy. What specifically would he bring to the Lakers in Artests place that would make them a lot better?

you also forgot to mention all of his TO's but you're purposely being general with your replies.

ashbelly
02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
This is serious.. Artest is a head case, especially if things are not going right. Lakers better watchout, he might tackle kobe going for a layup :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
02-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Why the Bobcats do it: Luke Walton is a triple double threat on a reasonable contract.
You got jokes.

Gotterdammerung
02-02-2011, 02:49 PM

mmmm looks good! Thanks, that made up my mind. I'll have the animal style today after work. :pimp:

Allstar24
02-02-2011, 02:50 PM
The Lakers would go to OT and win :confusedshrug: Let's not forget he put the Lakers in that situation by taking a bad shot with a lot of time on the clock. No one player wins you the championship. Just like no one player is responsible for the Lakers recent struggles.

SoCalMike
02-02-2011, 02:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=Artest-110202

uh oh

its a story not based on fact.. at least not yet...

:pimp:

BlueandGold
02-02-2011, 02:56 PM

I literally lol'd.. where do you guys come up with those hilarious NBA gifs?

LakerDefense8
02-02-2011, 03:01 PM
You can do better than that. Lets make this easy. What specifically would he bring to the Lakers in Artests place that would make them a lot better?

you also forgot to mention all of his TO's but you're purposely being general with your replies.
More mobile, better shooter, better scorer, better passer, better rebounder, etc. The only thing Artest has over Jackson is defense....and it isn't by a lot either.

caliman
02-02-2011, 03:09 PM

False. His agent f*cked him over. He went to Houston for the exact same deal that the Lakers offered.

crisoner
02-02-2011, 03:24 PM
False. His agent f*cked him over. He went to Houston for the exact same deal that the Lakers offered.

Was it the same type of deal?

bih
02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
i dont there is any chance of artest only deal unless walton or brown are included

maybe some package with detroit?

hamilton and villanueva

TryToBeUnbias
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/02/ron-artests-agent-refutes-espn-report-that-he-wants-to-be-traded.html

bagelred
I read that he will only accept a trade to the Knicks because that's his birthplace.

Wait....that might be someone else......

dwightderon
02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4t7wm82

Allstar24
02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/02/ron-artests-agent-refutes-espn-report-that-he-wants-to-be-traded.html
LA Times got the story right. ESPN is just interested in creating some tabloid shit.

Marquis Daniels
02-02-2011, 03:43 PM
LA Times got the story right. ESPN is just interested in creating some tabloid shit.

and you know they got the story right because?

Allstar24
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM
and you know they got the story right because?
Because LA Times got a statement from Ron's agent while ESPN listed some random source. Not that difficult to understand.

MMM
02-02-2011, 03:47 PM
the damage has been done either way. The Lakers are going to have to deal with media distraction while heading on a road trip.

iamgine
02-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Jameer Nelson + filler

for

Ron Artest + Derek Fisher

3ptShooter
02-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Was it the same type of deal?

shortly before the meeting with Ariza they received word that Artest was willing to sign for the midlevel. they offered that to Ariza and when he balked...

i don't think you can blame them. the lakers had needed toughness for some time and Artest had played them well the year before in the playoffs. to get him for the midlevel? hard to pass up.

and if Ariza was on the Lakers maybe teh series could have been Lakers in 5 instead of 6. Or Lakers in 4 instead of 6. or Lakers in 6 over the Celtics.

I love how people don't understand that putting away a team early is probably better than making clutch shots. This is the same crap with Kobe vs. Jordan.

gems like that and you're insulting people? how about just talking basketball? yeah it could have been lakers in 4 or 5 or 6. or they could have lost in 5 or 6 or 7...

fyi - ariza hasn't exactly been lighting it up since he left.

+ he was traded from houston, and now this year for the hornets he's shooting just under 40% and just under 30% from the 3

it's up in the air how the decison will play out long term, but don't act like they traded the gold for a bag of dirt.

LALakerFan4Life
02-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I call BS.

BallsOut
02-02-2011, 04:40 PM
ship his ass out

blablabla
02-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Battier and Ian Smith
for Shannon and Artest

oh the horror
02-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Even if this happened to be true, I have faith in the Lakers front office, that they'd yet again swing ANOTHER deal, that would have fans pissing their pants, and haters upset. :applause:

BallsOut
02-02-2011, 04:54 PM
trade 1: ron artest, shannon brown for shane battier and courtney lee

trade 2: ron artest, laker's trade exception for tayshuan prince

trade 3: ron artest, steve blake for josh howard, kirk hinrich

get it done mitch

BoxOutBOXOUT
02-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Ron Artest & 1st Round Pick

FOR

Rashard Lewis

Doranku
02-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Artest, Brown, and Blake for Nash + Pietrus.

Make it happen Mitch. :bowdown:

ProfessorMurder
02-02-2011, 04:59 PM

Ron Artest / Luke Walton

I hope this is a joke.

:roll: You think Jordan is just going to hand Crash or Jax over to the Lakers to help Kobe get another ring?

LilBTheBasedGod
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
The Pacers are interested :pimp:

Naruto-sama
02-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Even if this happened to be true, I have faith in the Lakers front office, that they'd yet again swing ANOTHER deal, that would have fans pissing their pants, and haters upset. :applause:

thats why i WANT them to make a trade. I don't think they'd make a bad one, even given how hard it would be to trade Artests contract. Altho getting rid of Shannon Brown sux imo.

oh the horror
02-02-2011, 05:45 PM
thats why i WANT them to make a trade. I don't think they'd make a bad one, even given how hard it would be to trade Artests contract. Altho getting rid of Shannon Brown sux imo.

To be honest, I wouldnt be THAT sad to see Artest go. I remember when LA acquired Ron, several people were stating that some LA fans might not be TOO crazy about the move, and that Ron was a bonafide chucker, and yada yada...

Ron is a good defender, but the dude has dropped off dramatically over the last several years, and to be honest, the dude couldnt hit water if he threw it in the ocean.

Now he wasnt exactly brought on board to score baskets, but for christs sake, it would be NICE if he COULD hit open shots with some regularity. The guy does in fact, just flat out chuck bricks.

And to be honest, he moves awkwardly on the court, and his defense hasnt exactly been stallar lately.

The problem is...his contract will make it extremely difficult to move him, AND he is going to have to be packaged with someone else to probably make it work, and LA DOES need a realiable wing defender outside of Barnes, who isnt exactly fantastic either.

That said, Im not sure who they'd get, but LA's front office does make some pretty good moves, and I have faith, IF THIS IS ALL TRUE, that they'd make a deal that would benefit the Lakers, rather than hurt them.

Honestly im not so sure how true any of this is.

Irish
02-02-2011, 05:48 PM
If the Lakers had kept Sasha they could have had at least been able to create a decent trade package.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles with hindsight.

Kurosawa0
02-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Man, if only Isiah Thomas still ran the Knicks. You'd probably get Gallinari and Fields for Artest.

Micku
02-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Who wants Ron Artest I wonder? They are going to have to toss someone else in the deal.

But I doubt they are going to trade anybody.

DuMa
02-02-2011, 05:54 PM
LOL no one wants artest anymore. hes burned bridges with kings, rockets, pacers, bulls and not to mention detroit. haha

Mr. Jabbar
02-02-2011, 06:12 PM
This was already denied by ron himself via lakers twitter

Lakers13
02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
If the Lakers had kept Sasha they could have had at least been able to create a decent trade package.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles with hindsight.

They have a 5.5 Mil dollar exception from that trade

Irish
02-02-2011, 06:24 PM
They have a 5.5 Mil dollar exception from that trade

Yes but few teams will be willing to take Artest's contract by itself, adding the expirer of Vujacic may have sweetened the deal for the other team.

StacksOnDeck
02-02-2011, 07:01 PM
LOL no one wants artest anymore. hes burned bridges with kings, rockets, pacers, bulls and not to mention detroit. haha

I never knew there were like 6-7 teams in the league. :rolleyes:

DuMass at it again.

Never doubt Mitch and his magic wand. :no:

Droid101
02-02-2011, 07:21 PM
I never knew there were like 6-7 teams in the league. :rolleyes:

DuMass at it again.

Never doubt Mitch and his magic wand. :no:
Yeah, one day Mitch is going to fleece the Suns and DuMa is going to be sad.

bih
02-02-2011, 08:40 PM
maybe mitch can pull out another blockbuster

artest
20 laker girls

for

jennings

KOBEtherealKing
02-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Lakers get ariza + webster

minessota gets walton + pondexter

new orleans get artest

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6y2hd2v

:rockon:

Jacks3
02-03-2011, 12:09 AM
lol @ dude calling luke walton a triple double threat. :oldlol:

Lebron23
02-03-2011, 03:07 AM
He needs to be traded to a Mental Asylum.