PDA

View Full Version : Broussard reports about possible 3 team trade between NYK, DEN & MIN

Pages : [1] 2

Faberg
02-06-2011, 12:32 AM
Knicks get: Carmelo Anthony

Nuggets get: Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer and Minny 1st round pick

Twolves get: Eddy Curry and Anthony Randolph

Via Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/status/34104023489454080)

Rekindled
02-06-2011, 12:32 AM
misleading title.

he said in discussion. which means it could be nowhere close or could be done tomorrow.

PowerGlove
02-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Denver messed this shit up terribly.:facepalm

magnax1
02-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Exactly. This is piss poor compared to the trades from NJ. Unless Melo said no, they were extremely stupid to not go for that.

Bone Machine
02-06-2011, 12:35 AM
And why would Minny do that...

KB2009Champ
02-06-2011, 12:37 AM
does that even work salary wise?

eddy curry + randolph = more than brewer's salary

flipogb
is that Minny via another team or is it actually their own pick?

CelticBaller
Denver should go for either Flynn or Wesley

flipogb
02-06-2011, 12:39 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4gv8l8g

Rekindled
02-06-2011, 12:40 AM
does that even work salary wise?

eddy curry + randolph = more than brewer's salary

that's the point of this trade. minny is under the cap, they can absorb curry's contract, which saves denver 20 million immediately. minny doesnt take on much because curry's contract is already like 80% paid.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Rofl if Minnesota does this deal.

We need a center not another power forward :hammerhead:

flipogb
02-06-2011, 12:42 AM

you are getting Eddy Curry , LOL

Rekindled
02-06-2011, 12:45 AM

u are getting 2 centers. randolph and curry, who is this powerfoward u are speaking of

ronnymac
02-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Terrible deal for the Wolves

flipogb
02-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Terrible deal for the Wolves
its the Wolves, if the trade looks bad there is a good chance it is real

d.bball.guy
02-06-2011, 12:46 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4ernjop
:lol

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 12:48 AM
u are getting 2 centers. randolph and curry, who is this powerfoward u are speaking of
WTF Anthony ain't no center! Do you even watch the NBA

Rekindled
02-06-2011, 12:50 AM

randolph played center for 2 seasons for GSW, do u even watch the nba?

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Lol. That's highway robbery for us.

pete's montreux
02-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Deal really isn't that bad for Denver.

ronnymac
02-06-2011, 12:57 AM
:roll:

ProfessorMurder
02-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Nuggz are retarded.

At least Randolph will finally get minutes.

NuggetsFan
02-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Where would the pick be?. I'd rather Gallo than Chandler personally. Seems meh to me. Either way were getting fleeced for Melo.

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Where would the pick be?. I'd rather Gallo than Chandler personally. Seems meh to me. Either way were getting fleeced for Melo.
Beggars can't be choosers.

NuggetsFan
02-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Beggars aren't choosers.

Who's begging? Last time I checked there wasn't much to beg for :oldlol:

went_worth
02-06-2011, 01:06 AM

Seriously, 1st round pick that might be a lottery pick and Corey Brewer? :lol

Rekindled
02-06-2011, 01:11 AM

u act like Anthony Randolph wouldnt be a top 5 pick in this upcoming draft

chazzy
02-06-2011, 01:12 AM

They have Utah and Memphis picks, it would be one of those.

Rose
02-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Sooo...how's Deng, the bobcats 1st, and our first looking now?

Hell not only will we give you Deng, but we'll throw in Taj, and JJ for Birdman, and affalo! AND we'll still give you the bobcats pick!

crisoner
02-06-2011, 01:19 AM
I think Randolph could be a good player in the NBA someday.

So basically the Nuggets are getting Minnys first round pick for Melo.
Wow.

Rekindled

Hell not only will we give you Deng, but we'll throw in Taj, and JJ for Birdman, and affalo! AND we'll still give you the bobcats pick!

denver wants to save money. curry's contract saves denver 10 milion plus double of that for luxury. deng's contract means denver actually will pay more money.

New York Knicks

The Knicks' package is still better because there's no giant contracts we're forcing them to take. Chandler at 3+mil (RFA) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Deng's giant contract

Deng with his contract is a player you try to get rid of not a player you willingly take on.

Rose
02-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Sure if you want to give up Melo for basically Chandler and a pick. Or you can get younger, with Deng and Taj. Ditch Birdman or Harrington's contract AND get picks.

And Chandler's gonna make comparable to Deng's money anyways, unless the CBA changes drastically.

El Kabong
02-06-2011, 01:23 AM
The Knicks' package is still better because there's no giant contracts we're forcing them to take. Chandler at 3+mil (RFA) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Deng's giant contract

Deng with his contract is a player you try to get rid of not a player you willingly take on.
Even if they were making the same $, i'd pick Chandler over Deng. The fact that Deng is making 10+ million a year only makes it more favourable towards Chandler.

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 01:25 AM
Sure if you want to give up Melo for basically Chandler and a pick. Or you can get younger, with Deng and Taj. Ditch Birdman or Harrington's contract AND get picks.

And Chandler's gonna make comparable to Deng's money anyways, unless the CBA changes drastically.
At least the Nuggets have the chance to evaluate him during the second half of the season and decide how high they're willing to go to match. And how do they not get younger with Chandler? He's 23. Deng's contract is a negative. WTF kind of package is centered around a player they don't want? It's gonna be very tough for Chicago to con a team into taking Deng's fat contract.

Rose
02-06-2011, 01:27 AM
At least the Nuggets have the chance to evaluate him during the second half of the season and decide how high they're willing to go to match. And how do they not get younger with Chandler? He's 23. Deng's contract is a negative. WTF kind of package is centered around a player they don't want? It's gonna be very tough for Chicago to con a team into taking Deng's fat contract.
Deng's 25? Taj is 22, you can have the bobcats first rounder which looks good, and another pick. Meanwhile you can take on Deng's contract, who puts up the same rebounds, defends as well, and scores 7 less points.

shaoyut
02-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Up to Minny!? :mad:

NuggetsFan
02-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Deng's 25? Taj is 22, you can have the bobcats first rounder which looks good, and another pick. Meanwhile you can take on Deng's contract, who puts up the same rebounds, defends as well, and scores 7 less points.

It's really not that hard of a concept. Denver's losing there franchise player. They have K-Mart\Billups\Nene\J.R all expiring within the next 2 years. Why would they take on Deng's 11 million dollar contract when there probably looking at the lottery and rebuilding for the next few years. Deng's a 3rd option player. Denver's not paying em 11 mill. Good player no doubt, but the type of player you add to an already good team not to team who's most likely going to have to rebuild.

Plus with the CBA changing I wouldn't want to touch Deng's contract. Could end up making it look even uglier.

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 01:32 AM
You're not getting it. Deng = a negative. Whether you believe so or not, the Nuggets do. That's why they asked for Noah. They were willing to take Deng's contract if the Bulls were willing to include Noah.

KGMN
02-06-2011, 01:33 AM
randolph played center for 2 seasons for GSW, do u even watch the nba?
Yeah... when Golden State had 5 players not injured at one point during the season.

Nuggz are retarded.

At least Randolph will finally get minutes.

Yeah, behind Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, Anthony Tolliver, Nikola Pekovic, and Darko Milicic (if Anthony Randolph actually plays some center).

MeLO MvP 15
02-06-2011, 01:34 AM
I'd expect Denver would end up trying to milk NY even more like they did to NJ and it could up costing them everything... but if I'm Denver the one thing I look to add to this deal is a Harrington for Azuibuike (and possibly filler) swap...

Rose
02-06-2011, 01:34 AM
It's really not that hard of a concept. Denver's losing there franchise player. They have K-Mart\Billups\Nene\J.R all expiring within the next 2 years. Why would they take on Deng's 11 million dollar contract when there probably looking at the lottery and rebuilding for the next few years. Deng's a 3rd option player. Denver's not paying em 11 mill. Good player no doubt, but the type of player you add to an already good team not to team who's most likely going to have to rebuild.

Plus with the CBA changing I wouldn't want to touch Deng's contract. Could end up making it look even uglier.
Sure his contract is ugly.

But do you want Taj? A bobcats pick that looks nice? Another Bulls pick and oh yeah a guy who puts up Melo's numbers except points, and is 5 million cheaper, and you get to ditch a longer contract in Harrington.

OR another way of looking at is...You can trade Harrington's near 6 million salary for Deng's 12 million...and basically get Deng at half the cost. So when Everyone else expires...you look pretty good.

But oh yeah it's ISH and outside the box thinking never!

have fun if this is real rebuilding around Wilson Chandler.:rolleyes:

MeLO MvP 15
02-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Btw, it's kind of funny that this happens to come up the night Denver plays in Minnesota... I doubt it has anything to do with Masai meeting with Kahn... just weird...

Rose
02-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Btw, it's kind of funny that this happens to come up the night Denver plays in Minnesota... I doubt it has anything to do with Masai meeting with Kahn... just weird...
That's also really ****ing weird.

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 01:38 AM

But do you want Taj? A bobcats pick that looks nice? Another Bulls pick and oh yeah a guy who puts up Melo's numbers except points, and is 5 million cheaper, and you get to ditch a longer contract in Harrington.

OR another way of looking at is...You can trade Harrington's near 6 million salary for Deng's 12 million...and basically get Deng at half the cost. So when Everyone else expires...you look pretty good.

NOBODY WANTS DENG. What's so hard to understand about that? It's easier to move smaller individual contracts like Harrington's and Birdman's than it is to move Deng's fat contract. They're rebuilding. Why would they take on a non-impact player with a fat contract? This has been discussed to death. Deng is not a positive when considering trades. He's a negative. He's a player you pay a team extra to take.

NuggetsFan
02-06-2011, 01:40 AM

I'm really not sure what you don't understand. Building around Wilson Chandler? Who said that. He's just a cheap young piece. Denver has the choice to either pay him or not pay him. Sure as shit won't be anything like 11m a year.

Denver's in a great position to rebuild. Most of there contracts sans Harrington\Birdman all expire soon. Why would they go add Deng's 11 mill to that? There obviously not going to be contending for anything in the next few years so why does management pay 11m for a 3rd option player?. For Taj Gibson? Isn't worth it. Simple concept really. Cheap young pieces + losing + drafting. Assemble your core and than you add pieces to it. You don't add the missing pieces before you have the core. Lawson\Afflalo + whatever we draft in the lottery the next how many years will be what the core is.

You don't just spend money to spend money. 11m for a player who's only going to add a few meaningless wins isn't what you do when you plan to rebuild witch basically Denver's only choice.

Scoooter
02-06-2011, 01:41 AM
Lol. That's highway robbery for us.
:banana: :banana:

jbryan1984
02-06-2011, 01:41 AM
Yep, Kaun is a genius. Remember, Darko is the next Vlade. Randolph is gonna be the next KG.

Scoooter
02-06-2011, 01:48 AM
I thought Darko was playing well for them this year.

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Lol. The only positive thing about Minnesota is Kevin Love and he was drafted by McHale. Kahn has done nothing positive at all for the team.

Scoooter
02-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Beasely's been looking good for them. Guy can score.

blackification
02-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Wow Kahn really is retarded if he does this, the suns should just try and trade for kevin love. Give them vince carter Kahn probably still thinks he is a hall of famer.

MeLO MvP 15
02-06-2011, 02:04 AM
It's not that bad for Minny actually. I read that if they take on Curry now they'd only owe him like $4 mil and NY can send $3 mil cash, so it's really only $1 mil more and they get someone they obviously like in Randolph for Brewer and a late first... so it would pretty much be Minny holding Curry on their cap for the price of Randolph...

Artillery
02-06-2011, 02:10 AM
It's not that bad for Minny actually. I read that if they take on Curry now they'd only owe him like $4 mil and NY can send $3 mil cash, so it's really only $1 mil more and they get someone they obviously like in Randolph for Brewer and a late first... so it would pretty much be Minny holding Curry on their cap for the price of Randolph...

At this point, I'm not so sure Randolph is worth a lotto first rounder.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-06-2011, 02:12 AM
I agree, but I don't think Melo would have signed with Jersey.

Faberg
02-06-2011, 02:13 AM
I think Denver would look to trade Chandler for another piece after the Melo trade is completed.

Maybe the Lakers? :confusedshrug:

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 02:19 AM
nba probably told denver to trade melo to knicks b4 the allstar game so they can get nash into the game aswell.

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Disgusting. Knicks giving up too much. Randolph will turn into an all-star under the right circumstances, and Wilson Chandler is better than Gallinari. Absolutely sucks. If D'Antoni had actually played Randolph he'd see that he can be a great piece.

Way too much value for a guy who we could get for free if we'd wait a few months.

Terrible terrible terrible! Gallo + Curry THATS IT!

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 02:25 AM
At this point, I'm not so sure Randolph is worth a lotto first rounder.

Funny how quickly people forget. You're just proving how simple minded the average man is. a 21 year old doesn't lose all their skills in 1 season. he was one of the most coveted prospects in the league a year ago.

blackification
02-06-2011, 02:26 AM
nba probably told denver to trade melo to knicks b4 the allstar game so they can get nash into the game aswell.
Get nash in and take bosh out at the same time? win/win

Rekindled
02-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Get nash in and take bosh out at the same time? win/win

oo. didnt even think of that. would be so funny lol

PowerGlove
02-06-2011, 02:28 AM
If I'm the Knicks, I'm not giving up shit. Melo isnt going anywhere else.

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 02:33 AM
only player we wud actually lose is chandler, if its for melo now or in hte offseason. so basically we dont really lose anything, just AR

TrueRob
02-06-2011, 02:42 AM
The Knicks might as well do it. They can make a nice playoff run this season with Melo in the lineup. They're going to lose Chandler anyway if they get Melo, Chander's going to want to get paid.

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Disgusting. Knicks giving up too much. Randolph will turn into an all-star under the right circumstances, and Wilson Chandler is better than Gallinari. Absolutely sucks. If D'Antoni had actually played Randolph he'd see that he can be a great piece.

Way too much value for a guy who we could get for free if we'd wait a few months.

Terrible terrible terrible! Gallo + Curry THATS IT!
Lol. Lol. Lol.

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 02:49 AM
The Knicks might as well do it. They can make a nice playoff run this season with Melo in the lineup. They're going to lose Chandler anyway if they get Melo, Chander's going to want to get paid.

if we acquire Melo for a cheaper price, one that does not include Chandler, we can extend Melo and despite being over the cap at that point sign Chandler using his bird rights.

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 02:51 AM
Lol. Lol. Lol.

So Gallo has 5 good games and all is forgiven? Not for me. Gallo starts driving to the basket for 5 games and he's suddenly a slasher? He's still a guy who chucks 3's, and is labeled as a shooter, but in fact isn't a good one.

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 02:58 AM
So Gallo has 5 good games and all is forgiven? Not for me. Gallo starts driving to the basket for 5 games and he's suddenly a slasher? He's still a guy who chucks 3's, and is labeled as a shooter, but in fact isn't a good one.
We basically are offering an expirer (Curry), the 12th man that gets no minutes (Randolph) and a wing player that can't even create his own shot (Chandler). I think we got a pretty good deal.

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 02:59 AM
knicks cud probably throw the mle at chander if needed in the offseason if they desperately need a 5th sf...or be smart and bag a center with the mle

pro/con

sign melo in offseason = no mle, no chandler but we keep randolph
trade for him with proposed deal = we will have mle, no chandler, no roandolph

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 03:01 AM
knicks cud probably throw the mle at chander if needed in the offseason if they desperately need a 5th sf...or be smart and bag a center with the mle
Chandlers a RFA. If we wanted to keep him, we'd have to match the best offer from another team in the offseason. And I'm sure there are some bum teams out there that would overpay him. His former agent said they were expecting him to get Granger/Deng money, which is absurd considering Deng didn't deserve Deng money and Granger is a far better player than Wil.

LA_Showtime
02-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Wow; Denver seriously doesn't have a better offer than that? Really? That's hard to believe. They aren't getting shit in that deal. Wilson Chandler's a decent player no doubt, but he's probably going to be bid up and eventually overpaid this summer.

PP34Deuce
I like Chandler, but getting a 26 5 and 4 guy on a team with a 25 10 guy is a no brainer. Carmelo is not a ball hog, and can move without the ball. A more athletic Paul Pierce type guy(minus the defense)

Having Gallanari as a sixth man to rotate at SF-PF is a great weapon off the bench. The guy is 21 with the ability to be very good player in the league. Keeping Landry fields, and the knicks have got great depth at SG-SF.

this will be a great trade for New York.

bluechox2
Chandlers a RFA. If we wanted to keep him, we'd have to match the best offer from another team in the offseason. And I'm sure there are some bum teams out there that would overpay him. His former agent said they were expecting him to get Granger/Deng money, which is absurd considering Deng didn't deserve Deng money and Granger is a far better player than Wil.

tahts why im saying chandler is a most expendable, and we would have to renounce his rights if we sign melo via offseason

Scoooter
We basically are offering an expirer (Curry), the 12th man that gets no minutes (Randolph) and a wing player that can't even create his own shot (Chandler). I think we got a pretty good deal.
As it sounds now, the deal is actually too good to be true on the Knicks front.

NewYorkNoPicks

pro/con

sign melo in offseason = no mle, no chandler but we keep randolph
trade for him with proposed deal = we will have mle, no chandler, no roandolph

I want DeAndre Jordan with the MLE.

Either way though it'd be so easy to just offer Gallinari instead of Chandler, maintain Wil's bird rights, and sign him in the offseason once Melo is re-upped. We need a big man with that MLE

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 03:05 AM
I like Chandler, but getting a 26 5 and 4 guy on a team with a 25 10 guy is a no brainer. Carmelo is not a ball hog, and can move without the ball. A more athletic Paul Pierce type guy(minus the defense)

Having Gallanari as a sixth man to rotate at SF-PF is a great weapon off the bench. The guy is 21 with the ability to be very good player in the league. Keeping Landry fields, and the knicks have got great depth at SG-SF.

this will be a great trade for New York.

Gallinari is not a good player off the bench, even D'Antoni recognizes it. He can't just simply turn his motor on and off at will. Chandler is a guy who can indeed do that.

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 03:05 AM
i wouldnt mind throwing douglas into the deal, his decisionmaking is fustrating to watch

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 03:07 AM
im glad fields isnt thrown into the deal yet.

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 03:08 AM
Gallinari is not a good player off the bench, even D'Antoni recognizes it. He can't just simply turn his motor on and off at will. Chandler is a guy who can indeed do that.
LOL. We've seen what Chandler looks like with the bench and it isn't pretty. When he came in as the 6th man he was still playing with starters in the lineup. He cannot, I repeat, he cannot create his own shot. He can't dribble to save his life. He's a good spot-up shooter and a nice target for leakouts and lob plays. He's basically a poor man's Marion.

Scoooter
02-06-2011, 03:10 AM
I want DeAndre Jordan with the MLE.
Definitely. :rockon:

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 03:12 AM
LOL. We've seen what Chandler looks like with the bench and it isn't pretty. When he came in as the 6th man he was still playing with starters in the lineup. He cannot, I repeat, he cannot create his own shot. He can't dribble to save his life. He's a good spot-up shooter and a nice target for leakouts and lob plays. He's basically a poor man's Marion.

How about he's better than Marion....

You're not watching the same game as me buddy. You're describing Wilson Chandler from his rookie season.

And he's probably one of the most athletic players in the league. You just like Gallo better because he's white, end of story.

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 03:12 AM
Definitely. :rockon:
jordan would be a nice piece,

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 03:13 AM

You're not watching the same game as me buddy. You're describing Wilson Chandler from his rookie season.

And he's probably one of the most athletic players in the league. You just like Gallo better because he's white, end of story.
:lol

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 03:13 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I guess this proves you like Chandler because he's black because you brought up race. If I cared about black/white, I'd be watching Hockey and not watching a sport that's 90% black. And last I checked Melo was black and I'd love to see him in a Knick uniform instead of Chandler.

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 03:14 AM
im glad fields isnt thrown into the deal yet.

Yeah Fields is alot more important than people realize. He's pretty much how Grant Hill is now; great ball handler for his position, excellent bball iq, always makes the smart pass, etc etc. His intangibles make this engine run.

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 03:18 AM
move felton for nash

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 03:19 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I guess this proves you like Chandler because he's black because you brought up race. If I cared about black/white, I'd be watching Hockey and not watching a sport that's 90% black. And last I checked Melo was black and I'd love to see him in a Knick uniform instead of Chandler.

I like Chandler better because (aside from his recent slump which was partially due to injury) he doesn't disappear for stretches of 5 games. He also doesn't camp out at the 3 point line and chuck 3's that he doesn't even make at an impressive clip. I understand he's been driving more recently but a couple of games doesn't make up for the previous 164.

I liked the Gallinari from Italy, who played in summer league '08; the guy who was a point forward and could create off the dribble. Since that back injury all I see is a chucker.

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 03:23 AM
I like Chandler better because (aside from his recent slump which was partially due to injury) he doesn't disappear for stretches of 5 games. He also doesn't camp out at the 3 point line and chuck 3's that he doesn't even make at an impressive clip. I understand he's been driving more recently but a couple of games doesn't make up for the previous 164.

I liked the Gallinari from Italy, who played in summer league '08; the guy who was a point forward and could create off the dribble. Since that back injury all I see is a chucker.
Why can Chandler play the injury card and Gallo can't? Gallo started the season with a wrist injury and in previous years he was playing with a back injury. Then he sprained his knee and since coming back he's been given the green light to create offense with Chandler out of the way. Gallinari was used as a spot-up shooter every game until recently. And only Chandler's allowed to have slumps? You can't be happy that Gallo, a player on the team you claim to be a fan of, has broken out of his slump. Nope. Turn it into a black/white argument. Anybody that has to use race as an excuse is a weak individual.

Scoooter
02-06-2011, 03:23 AM

Have you been watching the Knicks at all this season? He was taking Iguodala off the dribble at will yesterday. The guy is talented, I don't get the hate.

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Why can Chandler play the injury card and Gallo can't? Gallo started the season with a wrist injury and in previous years he was playing with a back injury. Then he sprained his knee and since coming back he's been given the green light to create offense with Chandler out of the way. Gallinari was used as a spot-up shooter every game until recently. And only Chandler's allowed to have slumps? You can't be happy that Gallo, a player on the team you claim to be a fan of, has broken out of his slump. Nope. Turn it into a black/white argument. Anybody that has to use race as an excuse is a weak individual.

I don't play that game of "all or nothing". Only simpleton's, and followers think that way. I guess you're a fan of Eddy Curry too just because he's on our team?

Scoooter
02-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Yeah Fields is alot more important than people realize. He's pretty much how Grant Hill is now; great ball handler for his position, excellent bball iq, always makes the smart pass, etc etc. His intangibles make this engine run.
The thing about Fields is, how often do we hear coaches talk about how important that hustle/glue/fill-in-the-gaps/Shane Battier type of player is? And we pretty much lucked into one.

Scoooter
02-06-2011, 03:30 AM
I don't play that game of "all or nothing". Only simpleton's, and followers think that way. I guess you're a fan of Eddy Curry too just because he's on our team?
He's curvy where it counts.

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 03:31 AM
Have you been watching the Knicks at all this season? He was taking Iguodala off the dribble at will yesterday. The guy is talented, I don't get the hate.

I acknowledged his driving ability in recent games, in a previous post. 5 games however, does not change the previous 164 games. Look at Gallo during most of this season (prior to the past couple of games) a spot up shooter who doesn't even shoot well.

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 03:34 AM
i wudnt mind sending gallo for mayo

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 03:38 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4r6ud3l

try this

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 03:41 AM
i wudnt mind sending gallo for mayo

How about Gallo for Eric Gordon? Whoops....Donnie could've done that on draft day '08. lol.

But in all seriousness...I'd do Gallo for Mayo in half a second. I'd actually record Chris Wallace agreeing to this on the phone

Scoooter
02-06-2011, 03:45 AM
I acknowledged his driving ability in recent games, in a previous post. 5 games however, does not change the previous 164 games. Look at Gallo during most of this season (prior to the past couple of games) a spot up shooter who doesn't even shoot well.
I just think you're way off base. He first started getting to the rim in earnest on the California road trip that precipitated the turn around they had. Until recently (and even now for stretches of time) he's been relegated to the teams fourth offensive option behind STAT, Chandler, and Felton. There are stretches of games where Gallo won't touch the ball for six or seven minutes. All they were having him do was hit spot up treys. When he consistently gets touches, he consistently produces. He's a good outside shooter, and for 6'10", he's great off the dribble. Usually draws a foul, rarely loses the ball. He's a good decision maker on the pick and roll (all the Euros are good passers). He'll dunk on you. Smart defender. Not much of a rebounder, but is capable of putting up double digits in that column. Runs the floor well.

He's big, young, talented, smart, and competitive. Sky's the limit.

And he's better than Wilson Chandler. I like Wilson, but that guy needs to put in some serious work on some really fundamental aspects of his game. When his shots falling, he looks great. When it isn't, he gives you nothing else. Especially recently, he looks like he's just completely checked out. And as athletic as he is, playing power forward, there's no reason he can't grab 10+ rebounds a game. D'Antoni thought he would be the PHX version of Shawn Marion, but for whatever combination of reasons, that appears to have been an overestimation.

Scoooter
02-06-2011, 03:47 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4r6ud3l

try this
Mayo I don't care about as anything more than some offense off the bench (though he seems opposed to that role), but Steve Nash working with Melo and Amar'e. That's some serious firepower.

ZenMaster
02-06-2011, 04:21 AM

Gallo averages 6 free throw attempts per game vs Chandlers 2.5, Gallo is 2nd on the Knicks in free throw attempts.

Gallo shoots 36.8% from 3 vs Chandler's 35%. Guess how many fewer 3pointers Chandler shoots than Gallo: 0.1

They're exactly equal in assist.

Gallo being a chucker anymore than Chandler is all in your head and it's not real.

Gallo can probably be one of the best 3rd option players on a team in the league, because he plays like a 2 guard but he's 6-10..

I love Chandler and if there's any way they could get him back in the off-season they should probably move on it, but Gallo is a better prospect and you can see he's improved a lot.

As for the trade:

This is the right trade for NY keeping both Fields and Gallo. This is what happens when you lose all leverage, the last step was the report about Leon Rose making clear he'll only play for NY.

Walsh has been cool through all of this, completing this deal will get him one giant step closer to doing what he said he'd do when he came to NY, he's followed the plan every step of the way.

kidachi
02-06-2011, 04:24 AM
well, Broussard is the guy that said LeBron's going to NY

hmmmm:confusedshrug:

christian1923
02-06-2011, 04:25 AM

he said the bulls lol

fubu05
02-06-2011, 04:32 AM

Scared heat fan already???

kidachi
02-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Scared heat fan already???

No just sayin. I also thought Bron was going to NY

DuMa
02-06-2011, 04:35 AM
brossard knows nothing. a no hack reporter with no real connections and yet ESPN wants to make us believe he knows something

Sarcastic
02-06-2011, 05:26 AM

No, he never said Lebron was going to NY. He was pushing Lebron to the Bulls big time.

LaysUpBricks
02-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Basing off how the last 20 Melo "immediate trade talks in the works" all went, this probably won't happen.

RoseCity07
02-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Doesn't make sense for any team but NY. Terrible trade that will never happen.

alenleomessi
02-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Why the hell would Minny do it? :lol

Nash-tastic
02-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Randolph can play center

All Net
02-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Nice deal for the knicks....err wait this is a trade not a charity case? nevermind

lilojmayo
02-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Melo to the Knicks is better for the NBA and fans

Batz
02-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Denver... :facepalm

All Net
02-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Denver needs to call up L.A and try and get a deal for Bynum.

Clutch
02-06-2011, 07:17 AM
But owner James Dolan has been pressing team president Donnie Walsh to trade for Anthony before the deadline, according to sources.

"Dolan is really pressuring Walsh to get Melo, but Denver has been vacillating back and forth," one of the sources said.

It seems like we could have Melo before the deadline

niko
02-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Doesn't make sense for any team but NY. Terrible trade that will never happen.

Saves them cash. Curry contract has already been paid and never hits Denver's books so it saves both Minny money and Denver money, at leasy $6M/$7M, more if they were in tax territory. Strikes me as nice parameters to start.

BTW, this is almost the exact trade Bagelred suggested. Is he a Broussard source?

niko
02-06-2011, 09:37 AM

No he didn't. He had Lebron going everyone except NY.

Blue&Orange
02-06-2011, 10:18 AM
This guys are payed to write, they even have to reach a certain amount of words per article, they need to come up with shit.

still waiting for the "today or tomorrow" nets nuggets deal :roll:

I like how he takes advantaged of the story that runned a couple days before, Walsh contract still in limbo, and came up with Dolan pressuring Walsh to get the deal done.

iDunk
02-06-2011, 10:24 AM
This guys are payed to write, they even have to reach a certain amount of words per article, they need to come up with shit.

I like how he takes advantaged of the story that runned a couple days before, Walsh contract still in limbo, and came up with Dolan pressuring Walsh to get the deal done.
A day before this rumor came out there was another rumor saying Kahn is trying to get into a Melo to Knicks deal.

A day later this 3 way rumor with Minny, Denver, and NY comes out. Coincidence? I don't think so. This rumor has a lot of legs to it.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I said this exact trade yesterday. Almost. Although I didn't think Minny would give up that much.

For those wondering, Eddy Curry's contract is almost all paid for. He got half his money upfront when season started. So Curry's contract is owed...maybe.....$2 million rest of season? Not a big deal. I'm sure Knicks will give Minny the cash....so it really means nothing to TWolves at all.

Also it's probably not Minny's first rounder, but Minny owns rights to other teams first....won't be as high. I don't think Minny would give up their own AND Brewer for Randolph.

BTW, this is almost the exact trade Bagelred suggested. Is he a Broussard source?

Yup, I wonder if Chris is searching the boards for ideas. The idea came to me because I knew Minny had cap space AND they want Randolph. Too perfect for Denver, who's trying to save boatloads of cash if they can.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Wow; Denver seriously doesn't have a better offer than that? Really? That's hard to believe.

Well, there's only one team in the negotiations. What better offers you think are coming?
Unless Dallas or Houston gambles that Melo will extend with them......its either Knicks offer or nothing.

niko
02-06-2011, 11:05 AM

I don't think there is any implication at all that Walsh's job is in jeapordy if he doesn't follow orders specificially here. Any GM has to bow to pressure from his owner. You don't operate independently of your boss.

LastChanceToWin
02-06-2011, 11:10 AM
For people questioning Minnesota's role in this trade: THE UPCOMING DRAFT SUCKS BALLS AND RANDOLPH WILL BE BETTER THAN ANY FIRST ROUND PICK.

Sky2k8336
02-06-2011, 11:11 AM
How else does this help Minny? I don't know much about Minnesota. Is Brewer a guy whose contract they wanna do without? Not understanding the structure of this deal enough to make sense of it for Minny because I don't know anything about them lol.

Donnie = Pitboss?

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't really mind this trade now.

Getting Anthony would be good for us. He is a great defender, he can blockshots, and he can run the floor. The only question I have on Anthony is that can he play the 5? Dude not big and will get man- handle in the post by like guys like Al, Dwight, and other big 5.

But i'm down for this trade. This 2011 draft is looking weaker and weaker.

If we could pick up 2round pick from wither team I wouldn't be mad.
:cheers: :banana: :rolleyes: :djparty :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :party: :cletus:

niko
02-06-2011, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't really mind this trade now.

Getting Anthony would be good for us. He is a great defender, he can blockshots, and he can run the floor. The only question I have on Anthony is that can he play the 5? Dude not big and will get man- handle in the post by like guys like Al, Dwight, and other big 5.

But i'm down for this trade. This 2011 draft is looking weaker and weaker.

If we could pick up 2round pick from wither team I wouldn't be mad.
:cheers: :banana: :rolleyes: :djparty :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :party: :cletus:

As an official representative of the Orange and Blue, you can have 3 2nd round picks.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Btw Rofl @ the person who said Deng > Chandler
:oldlol:
:roll: :oldlol:

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 11:25 AM
As an official representative of the Orange and Blue, you can have 3 2nd round picks.
Even better
:banana: :banana: :dancin :hammertime: :djparty :hammertime: :cletus:

Minnesota boys where u at?!!!!!!

Btw I'll be so happy once we get rid of Brewer!

Now we can either start Wesley or Webstar!!

bagelred
02-06-2011, 11:26 AM
It's a strange trade for Denver, because Denver could lose BOTH Chandler and Brewer. Both are RFA at end of season. And Chandler does not want to go to Denver.....that's part of the reason his play is down...he is not happy at all with the rumors.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 11:29 AM
It's a strange trade for Denver, because Denver could lose BOTH Chandler and Brewer. Both are RFA at end of season. And Chandler does not want to go to Denver.....that's part of the reason his play is down...he is not happy at all with the rumors.
Good thing for Denver is that

Both brewer and Wilson are Rfa meaning the Nuggets can match any offer

Btw I doubt Nuggets will bring back Brewer.

niko
02-06-2011, 11:30 AM

Unlike the Knicks however, Denver will easily have room to match all offers. And as much as he doesn't want to leave, if the offseason came (all things being equal) and Denver offered him $10M a year and we could only offer $6.6M, he'd say goodbye easily. He'll get over it, it's honestly better for him in the long run. If he is going to become a star (which i doubt, i think Gallo has much more potential) he needs a team he can run free.

When i saw your trade idea i thought that seemed right BUT i think Harrington comes back for spare parts (Kelenna, Walker, etc.) in order to give Denver a little more $ savings and the Knicks more depth.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Kahn is loving the 2008 recruiting class. He has like 4 players on that class on his team and if we add Anthony it be 5

bagelred
02-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Unlike the Knicks however, Denver will easily have room to match all offers. And as much as he doesn't want to leave, if the offseason came (all things being equal) and Denver offered him $10M a year and we could only offer $6.6M, he'd say goodbye easily. He'll get over it, it's honestly better for him in the long run. If he is going to become a star (which i doubt, i think Gallo has much more potential) he needs a team he can run free.

When i saw your trade idea i thought that seemed right BUT i think Harrington comes back for spare parts (Kelenna, Walker, etc.) in order to give Denver a little more $ savings and the Knicks more depth.

If it was Kelenna and Walker for Harrington, I'm down with that. Although D'Antoni doesn't like Al at all. Al even said "I'm not one of MDA's guys". But I like Harrington....thought he was a little underrated on how much he helped the NYK. Great bench scorer, and good size.

But anyway, the point for Denver was to get CHEAP young talent so to preserve cap space. Essentially, that's gone as they have to pay Wilson $10 million a year and Brewer....?????

niko
02-06-2011, 11:39 AM
If it was Kelenna and Walker for Harrington, I'm down with that. Although D'Antoni doesn't like Al at all. Al even said "I'm not one of MDA's guys". But I like Harrington....thought he was a little underrated on how much he helped the NYK. Great bench scorer, and good size.

But anyway, the point for Denver was to get CHEAP young talent so to preserve cap space. Essentially, that's gone as they have to pay Wilson $10 million a year and Brewer....?????
They clearly don't want cheap talent. They could cherrypick the Nets, or try to cherrypick us and they don't want to. They somehow have this plan and think they are smarter than everyone else and are trying to cherrypick particular players. MOre power to them...works for us better...

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Are the Knicks still going after Chris Paul?

bagelred
02-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Are the Knicks still going after Chris Paul?

Not now. Paul's not a free agent until 2012. I'd rather Knicks go after Deron Williams.....

But at that point, Knicks might not have cap space anyway.

niko
02-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Not now. Paul's not a free agent until 2012. I'd rather Knicks go after Deron Williams.....

But at that point, Knicks might not have cap space anyway.
If rumors are to be true it seems Deron is the target. But that's awhile off, and if the owners put some asshole hard cap or something we may have all these players stuck with their teams forever even though they desparately want to leave. Note: I'm not saying Deron should leave Utah, or even wants to, but if he DID want to, he should be able too. as much as Lebron ****ed up the way he left Cleveland, forecing him to stay with some restrictive system while he badly wanted to leave would have been worse.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 11:54 AM
If rumors are to be true it seems Deron is the target. But that's awhile off, and if the owners put some asshole hard cap or something we may have all these players stuck with their teams forever even though they desparately want to leave. Note: I'm not saying Deron should leave Utah, or even wants to, but if he DID want to, he should be able too. as much as Lebron ****ed up the way he left Cleveland, forecing him to stay with some restrictive system while he badly wanted to leave would have been worse.

True. I don't even understand why some of the owners would WANT a hard cap. Why would the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Mavericks....the high spending teams...want that? It'll create parity. The rich teams being able to spend and pay luxury tax gives them an advantage. So I would think at least a 1/3 of the owners would be against. it.

niko
02-06-2011, 11:58 AM
True. I don't even understand why some of the owners would WANT a hard cap. Why would the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Mavericks....the high spending teams...want that? It'll create parity. The rich teams being able to spend and pay luxury tax gives them an advantage. So I would think at least a 1/3 of the owners would be against. it.
It would also **** over the superteam, the heat, which the league just got as a huge draw. Why do that?

knickscity
02-06-2011, 12:00 PM
All teams are probably for it.

The hard cap helps team make even more money.

I don't like it, but it reduces the team spending, so more money in their pockets.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 12:01 PM
i don't see the the nuggets doing any trade with melo that doesn't involve them shedding harrington's contract at least. if i was denver i'd only do a melo trade that allowed me to shed both harrington's contract and bird man's contract.

i think that is what the nuggets aren't understanding. they don't need to get a ton back for melo. they need to use melo as a vehicle to get out of some of their bad contracts. if the nuggets got rid of harrington and bird man....they would have no bad contracts and be extremely flexible for the future.

and i know there is a way to get a three or four team deal going that allows them to do this. its not hard at all.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 12:02 PM
i don't see the the nuggets doing any trade with melo that doesn't involve them shedding harrington's contract at least. if i was denver i'd only do a melo trade that allowed me to shed both harrington's contract and bird man's contract.

i think that is what the nuggets aren't understanding. they don't need to get a ton back for melo. they need to use melo as a vehicle to get out of some of their bad contracts. if the nuggets got rid of harrington and bird man....they would have no bad contracts and be extremely flexible for the future.

and i know there is a way to get a three or four team deal going that allows them to do this. its not hard at all.

How bad is Anderson contract?

I think the Wolves are willing to take that.

knickscity
02-06-2011, 12:05 PM

I think three years left, but less than the MLE.

It has performance bonus in it, so it isn't really bad at all.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 12:07 PM

he makes 5 million a year until 2014.

this is the kind of trade that i would want if i was the nuggets. have to get rid of harrington or bird man at least.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4p2wfbf

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Our future is bright if we make this deal

PG Johnny Flynn/Rights to Rubio
SG Martell Webster/Wesley Johnson
SF Michael Beasley/Wesley Johnson
PF Kevin Love/ Anthony Randolph
C Anthony Randolph/ Kevin Love

I wouldnt mind see a line-up like that in the future:cheers:

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I think three years left, but less than the MLE.

It has performance bonus in it, so it isn't really bad at all.

right. its not bad overall. its bad for the nuggets though because he doesn't fit into their rebuilding plans much. although keeping a fan favorite like him isn't a bad thing.

i was more talking about the harrington contract. if i'm the nuggets. if you want anthony....harrington is part of the package as well. so you either take on harrington or find a third team that wants him.

knickscity
02-06-2011, 12:19 PM
right. its not bad overall. its bad for the nuggets though because he doesn't fit into their rebuilding plans much. although keeping a fan favorite like him isn't a bad thing.

i was more talking about the harrington contract. if i'm the nuggets. if you want anthony....harrington is part of the package as well. so you either take on harrington or find a third team that wants him.
To get Melo, I would take Harrington.

He is a bad player, Denver did overpay for him though.

At least his last two years aren't guaranteed.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 12:25 PM
To get Melo, I would take Harrington.

He is a bad player, Denver did overpay for him though.

At least his last two years aren't guaranteed.

i would for sure also....he would fit well on the knicks also.

i just can't imagine the nuggets would be willing to do the current deal when they don't get rid of harrington and it would be so easy to make the current deal work with harrington included.

but hey....if they are willing to do the current deal. its fantastic for the knicks. i would love to see this go down.

GiveItToBurrito
02-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Wow, I bet Denver regrets not making the deal with New Jersey. Then again, I wonder how much of that was serious since Carmelo never said he wanted to play for them.

This is the first Melo to NY deal that I've seen that works really well, maybe too well, for the Knicks. They basically just give up a guy who wasn't playing and a guy who they wouldn't have been able to resign if they'd signed Carmelo for an all-star small forward who can play some 4. I still don't like it from a chemistry perspective - Chandler is perfect as a small ball power forward in D'Antoni's system, since he can space the floor, rebound a little, and blocks shots - but the talent will be there for them to make a decent little playoff run and maybe even win 50 games next year if they draft well and Mozgov can become a solid backup.

Denver...well, at least they get something. Corey Brewer's a very solid defender, although I think he'd be better cast playing a Tony Allen role for a contender. Chandler could play either forward position there, although I'm kind of worried about their ability to create offense now. JR, Lawson, and Chauncey (for now) are good, but I think they'll have to run more offense through Nene. He's a great player and a better than average passer, but I've still never seen them run a lot of plays for him.

Minnesota does well as far as talent here, but I don't know where they'll play Randolph. Are they giving up on Pekovic? Do they want him to play center? He could actually do a better job than Darko as far as running the triangle through him, but the TWolves are going to get murdered by big post players.

GOBB
02-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Wow, I bet Denver regrets not making the deal with New Jersey. Then again, I wonder how much of that was serious since Carmelo never said he wanted to play for them.

Melo gave NJ no insurance he sign an extension there. They regret nothing. Yet they were offering a ton.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 01:36 PM

This is the first Melo to NY deal that I've seen that works really well, maybe too well, for the Knicks. They basically just give up a guy who wasn't playing and a guy who they wouldn't have been able to resign if they'd signed Carmelo for an all-star small forward who can play some 4. I still don't like it from a chemistry perspective - Chandler is perfect as a small ball power forward in D'Antoni's system, since he can space the floor, rebound a little, and blocks shots - but the talent will be there for them to make a decent little playoff run and maybe even win 50 games next year if they draft well and Mozgov can become a solid backup.

Denver...well, at least they get something. Corey Brewer's a very solid defender, although I think he'd be better cast playing a Tony Allen role for a contender. Chandler could play either forward position there, although I'm kind of worried about their ability to create offense now. JR, Lawson, and Chauncey (for now) are good, but I think they'll have to run more offense through Nene. He's a great player and a better than average passer, but I've still never seen them run a lot of plays for him.

Minnesota does well as far as talent here, but I don't know where they'll play Randolph. Are they giving up on Pekovic? Do they want him to play center? He could actually do a better job than Darko as far as running the triangle through him, but the TWolves are going to get murdered by big post players.

its a good deal for everyone. i just don't understand why the nuggets wouldn't demand that harrington be included. if harrington is included its great for all three teams. nuggets get back chandler/brewer and first round pick and get rid of bad harrington contract. that is about as good as you can do in my opinion. great for the knicks. and great for the twolves as well. give the twolves a good player in randolph and gives them a ton of flexibility going forward.

this deal makes a lot of sense for each team. hopefully they get it done.

snipes12
02-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Melo gave NJ no insurance he sign an extension there. They regret nothing. Yet they were offering a ton.

atleast they have tried , adding billups , hamilton and carmelo in ur line up can boost your chances to become a title contender , and that can convice melo to stay and sign an extension

Sarcastic
02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
its a good deal for everyone. i just don't understand why the nuggets wouldn't demand that harrington be included. if harrington is included its great for all three teams. nuggets get back chandler/brewer and first round pick and get rid of bad harrington contract. that is about as good as you can do in my opinion. great for the knicks. and great for the twolves as well. give the twolves a good player in randolph and gives them a ton of flexibility going forward.

this deal makes a lot of sense for each team. hopefully they get it done.

If the Nuggets try to pass off their bad contracts, then the Knicks walk away and wait till the offseason.

GOBB
02-06-2011, 02:02 PM
atleast they have tried , adding billups , hamilton and carmelo in ur line up can boost your chances to become a title contender , and that can convice melo to stay and sign an extension

That lineup wouldnt boost your chances at a title. Also I doubt it would convince Melo to stay. He has Billups in Denver and doesnt plan on staying. Why would playing with him in NJ change that? Because he has Rip at SG? Cmon.

NJ tried, that is all they can/could do. Melo doesnt want to go there.

bluechox2
02-06-2011, 02:05 PM
:rolleyes:

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 02:19 PM
If the Nuggets try to pass off their bad contracts, then the Knicks walk away and wait till the offseason.

maybe so. i just know if i was the nuggets i'd be pushing real hard to get harrington involved in some way. doesn't mean that the knicks have to take him, but maybe they can get it done by adding in another team or something.

but that would really suck for the nuggets to have to keep harrington while trying to rebuild.

RecSpecs110
02-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Chandler and a high 1st round pick. :oldlol:

This is pure comedy. Hey Denver, good luck rebuilding with that. You might as well make that trade now before Melo simply walks out the door.

Walker
02-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Whoever's been handling these Melo trade talks for Denver needs to be stabbed in the face with a rusty spork.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Whoever's been handling these Melo trade talks for Denver needs to be stabbed in the face with a rusty spork.

The spork is a very underrated utensil.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Why?

This deal is pretty good IMO

Corey Brewer: Great defender, shooter, long, young, very cheap

Wilson Chandler: Young, has potential, could be an allstar

1st round from Minnesota: That could be Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes

RecSpecs110
02-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Why?

This deal is pretty good IMO

Corey Brewer: Great defender, shooter, long, young, very cheap

Wilson Chandler: Young, has potential, could be an allstar

1st round from Minnesota: That could be Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes

He means whoever is spilling the talks out in public needs to stop.

GOBB
02-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Chandler and a high 1st round pick. :oldlol:

This is pure comedy. Hey Denver, good luck rebuilding with that. You might as well make that trade now before Melo simply walks out the door.

You act like Denver can get better. How about you use your brain?

RecSpecs110
02-06-2011, 02:36 PM
You act like Denver can get better. How about you use your brain?

They had many opportunities and passed by numerous deals that were much better because of their greed. How about you use yours?

GOBB
02-06-2011, 02:40 PM
They had many opportunities and passed by numerous deals that were much better because of their greed. How about you use yours?

What oppurtunities and numerous deals? Post them genius. Oh you mean when NJ was offering a ton and Melo wasnt giving them ANY SIGN he sign an extension there? Because Melo agreeing to an extension is the ONLY REASON these so called numerous deals are gonna get done genius. You do realize that right? No one is renting Melo after gutting their team so Denver can rebuild overnight. You obviously fail to comprehend this. And these numerous deals I bet 75% of them were speculated by random folks. Get real.

Chandler is a nice young talent. He has cons and knocks but he is better than nothing. Minnesota last to my recollection isnt wheeling off wins left and right. Chances of them getting a top 4 pick in 2011 = likely. So you add Chandler and a 2011 prospect. Not bad when you could lose him for nothing.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 02:42 PM

What deals? The one with the Nets? We don't even know if Melo would have extended.

Rose
02-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Well at least the Knicks are ONLY giving up the piece they lose if they sign Melo anyways. Smart move, it makes them better in the playoffs.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 02:43 PM
What oppurtunities

GOBB's avatar confuses me.

RecSpecs110
02-06-2011, 02:47 PM
What oppurtunities and numerous deals? Post them genius. Oh you mean when NJ was offering a ton and Melo wasnt giving them ANY SIGN he sign an extension there? Because Melo agreeing to an extension is the ONLY REASON these so called numerous deals are gonna get done genius. You do realize that right? No one is renting Melo after gutting their team so Denver can rebuild overnight. You obviously fail to comprehend this. And these numerous deals I bet 75% of them were speculated by random folks. Get real.

Chandler is a nice young talent. He has cons and knocks but he is better than nothing. Minnesota last to my recollection isnt wheeling off wins left and right. Chances of them getting a top 4 pick in 2011 = likely. So you add Chandler and a 2011 prospect. Not bad when you could lose him for nothing.

Yeah, that would be called tampering if he did. Look, I'm not saying he would have ultimately agreed to go to NJ. But all the signs pointed that it was possible and maybe even probable. Why would his AGENT and everybody else involved spend all the time to put this trade together? Why would Melo not cross the Nets off his list like he did with other teams?

You think this was all a ploy by Denver and Melo to get the Knicks to up their ante? That's beyond retarded, and even it were true, they don't have the leverage anymore.

Either way you look at it, they screwed up.

How about you post one link that proves Melo definitely didn't want to come to NJ? He always had them as an option.

RecSpecs110
02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
What deals? The one with the Nets? We don't even know if Melo would have extended.

Your point is? The fact that we don't know is not hurting NJ. We didn't lose anything. Denver potentially lost a lot.

My point is quit while you're ahead. If you see a potential trade like this, go for it. If in the end, Melo doesn't want it, then ok. But don't let it drag out and then miss the opportunity all together.

Rose
02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
GOBB's avatar confuses me.
Methinks he lost an avy bet with a Knicks fan.

knickscity
02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Well at least the Knicks are ONLY giving up the piece they lose if they sign Melo anyways. Smart move, it makes them better in the playoffs.
If it happens like this, everyone can be happy.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Your point is? The fact that we don't know is not hurting NJ. We didn't lose anything. Denver potentially lost a lot.

My point is quit while you're ahead. If you see a potential trade like this, go for it. If in the end, Melo doesn't want it, then ok. But don't let it drag out and then miss the opportunity all together.

Well, I SORT OF agree. But Nets did something no one anticipated, and that was pulling out completely. Did you predict that? I didn't.

Denver's just in a tough spot. They have no power to get big offers.

RecSpecs110
02-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Well, I SORT OF agree. But Nets did something no one anticapted, and that was pulling out completely. Did you predict that? I didn't.

Denver's just in a tough spot. They have no power to get big offers.

I didn't expect it to be abrupt. But dude, 6 months of our players having to deal with that crap. At some point you have to draw the line.

GOBB
02-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Carmelo is a free agent after this season. Any team trading for him must be certain he will sign an extention. Otherwise what is the point of renting Melo? What is the point of trading alot of value for Melo to have him walk at seasons end? What is the point of gambling, hoping that the 20 some odd games or whatever is left after you deal for Melo he decides "I like this place"?

There is no point in that. Atleast in MLB you can get compensation if you rent a player. NBA? You get nothing but a fan calling you a dumbass.

Yeah, that would be called tampering if he did. Look, I'm not saying he would have ultimately agreed to go to NJ. But all the signs pointed that it was possible and maybe even probable. Why would his AGENT and everybody else involved spend all the time to put this trade together? Why would Melo not cross the Nets off his list like he did with other teams?

You think this was all a ploy by Denver and Melo to get the Knicks to up their ante? That's beyond retarded, and even it were true, they don't have the leverage anymore.

How about you post one link that proves Melo definitely didn't want to come to NJ? He always had them as an option.

NJ Nets backed off negotiations because it wasnt going anywhere. And that meant they couldnt get Anthony and his agent to talk about a contract extension if the trade were to go down. No way NJ pulls the trigger on a trade. So Denver didnt lose out on anything because NJ wasnt going thru with any trade without knowing the guy they are dealing for would sign an extension. They are NOT going to rent a player. The Russian owner came out publicly and all but said this.

You're sitting there laughing at Denver as if they lost out on a good trade. Yet you are not providing me with ANYTHING much like Melo and his agent about contract extension talks. That to me is the pure comedy of it all.

So now, can I please see the numerous deals Denver passed up because of their greed? You only spoke briefly on 1, the Nets.

da dream
02-06-2011, 03:04 PM

As I say over and over again. Everyone was pushing Carmelo to NJ because it was in their best interests. The Nets get better, the Nuggets get a great deal, Melo's agents make the commisimion off his extension and they get their other client Rip Hamilton in a better situation.

They all thought they could convince Melo to go to NJ. Obviously that hasn;t happened and Melo stood by his ground. Having Melo's agent come out and say that Melo will only sign an extension with the Knicks is as good a sign as any that Melo only wants to go to NY and has always wanted this. His agents now realize they need to get him to NY or they won't get as much money off his new deal. Remember, Melo switched agents so his current agents haven't made a dollar off any of his contracts.

It is in the Knicks best interest to get this deal done immmediately. If they can get this deal done prior to the deadline, they can still have time to trade for another player. Next years CBA may have a hard cap so if the Knicks are willing to go over the cap, this is the only time they will be able to do it. There may be no MLE next year so they may not be able to get that defenisve center everyone is talking about.

Best case scenario is to get Melo in this rumored three team deal, and then use their remainning players to get a SG and/or Center.

knickscity
02-06-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm sure there were deals out there between Jersey and Denver.

But Melo would have to agree and he wouldn't.

So deal dies.

Denver knows Melo would agree to go to NY.

So it's a matter of Denver getting what they can right now.

Decent players in Brewer and Chandler and a 1st round pick.

That isn't a bad deal for Denver.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 03:06 PM
I didn't expect it to be abrupt. But dude, 6 months of our players having to deal with that crap. At some point you have to draw the line.

I thought the Nets blew it. It's like this....suppose in football, you start a drive on your own 20 yard line, drive all the way down the field to the other teams 10 yard line. The drive was really tough and ugly....but your in touchdown range. So.....go for the touchdown!! There's no guarantee you'll get it, but try!!! It's like.....nah forget it...we'll just punt.

That's the Nets. Yes it was frustrating, but just hang in there and at least meet with Melo. It's just stupid they pulled out.....in my opinion. Nets being "distracted" means nothing. They aren't making playoffs anyway.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Decent players in Brewer and Chandler and a 1st round pick.

That isn't a bad deal for Denver.

You are forgetting something just as important. Denver saves MANY millions of dollars on this deal. That's a big deal to Denver.

Sarcastic
02-06-2011, 03:14 PM
I thought the Nets blew it. It's like this....suppose in football, you start a drive on your own 20 yard line, drive all the way down the field to the other teams 10 yard line. The drive was really tough and ugly....but your in touchdown range. So.....go for the touchdown!! There's no guarantee you'll get it, but try!!! It's like.....nah forget it...we'll just punt.

That's the Nets. Yes it was frustrating, but just hang in there and at least meet with Melo. It's just stupid they pulled out.....in my opinion. Nets being "distracted" means nothing. They aren't making playoffs anyway.

Melo never had any intention of signing there. What's the point?

bagelred
02-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Melo never had any intention of signing there. What's the point?

I don't think we really know. I don't think HE knew what he was going to do.

GOBB
02-06-2011, 03:19 PM

Right, NJ pulls the trigger on the deal (given all the pieces they were giving up). Nets end the season and Melo decides he wants to test free agency. Wants to explore his options. So you gave up x,y,z for Melo only to watch him WALK elsewhere. So I ask you. If Melo doesnt stay in NJ after NJ did the trade? How does NJ rebuild? Because they gave up quite some assets to get Melo. Think about the roster after you aquire Melo then think about it AFTER Melo signs elsewhere this offseason. Now what?

Even Billups said he wants to be bought out if he were involved in the trade to NJ. But hey I can hear you thinking. CAP ROOM, CAP ROOM. NJ has CAP ROOM last offseason. Who were there prized free agent signings? Travis Outlaw? The head coach Avery Johnson? :oldlol:

You dont rent a player in the NBA when you GIVE UP as much as NJ was. Jesus Christ Derrick Favors was included in the deal. The draft pick they took at 3 when they lost a sh!tload of games. Gone, because someone said DONT PUNT, GO FOR THE TOUCHDOWN. :facepalm

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 03:22 PM
i may be wrong, but it seems pretty obvious that melo told his people that he wouldn't sign an extension with new jersey. it was obviously the best deal for the nuggets, but the nets can't make that trade without a signed extension.

the current deal is pretty good for everyone. chandler, brewer, and a first round pick is a lot better than letting melo walk. so i don't see why the nuggets would be against a trade like this at all.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Right, NJ pulls t

I never said they should do trade without an extension. Good job putting words in my mouth.

What I'm saying is Nets should have finalized a deal and do the Melo meeting. Play it out. Force Melo to officially say no to the deal. Nets pulled out too soon. Denver could have pressured Melo telling him he will NOT be traded to the Knicks.

NuggetsFan
02-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Understandable why NJ pulled out. Denver kept backing out, asking for more pieces etc. Woulda looked bad if NJ let Denver ***** them around and made them keep jumping through hoops and they allowed it. Throw in it's not even Melo's first choice and they'd probably have to go through a process to even get Melo to sign there too and it makes sense why they called it quits.

Anyways I think Denver's going to shoot themselves in the foot again. They don't want to seem to deal with NY. You'd think with NY wanting Melo\Melo wanting NY than if Denver was serious about it than you'd have tons of stuff leaked between the two teams. Have a strange feeling Denver's just going to say **** it and try to compete and hope we get lucky in the playoffs and Melo stays. Pretty stupid but at this point nothing ever really seems to get done. Guess Denver could just be holding out and if nothing comes up deal him last minute to NY on the deadline.

No way that's going to be Minny's pick tho right? Seems pretty crazy to give up a high lottery pick for Anthony Randolph.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Understandable why NJ pulled out. Denver kept backing out, asking for more pieces etc. Woulda looked bad if NJ let Denver ***** them around and made them keep jumping through hoops and they allowed it. Throw in it's not even Melo's first choice and they'd probably have to go through a process to even get Melo to sign there too and it makes sense why they called it quits.

Anyways I think Denver's going to shoot themselves in the foot again. They don't want to seem to deal with NY. You'd think with NY wanting Melo\Melo wanting NY than if Denver was serious about it than you'd have tons of stuff leaked between the two teams. Have a strange feeling Denver's just going to say **** it and try to compete and hope we get lucky in the playoffs and Melo stays. Pretty stupid but at this point nothing ever really seems to get done. Guess Denver could just be holding out and if nothing comes up deal him last minute to NY on the deadline.

No way that's going to be Minny's pick tho right? Seems pretty crazy to give up a high lottery pick for Anthony Randolph.

Dude this draft is crap.

And the only top prospects play the same position as the best players on the wolves.

The Wolves are willing to take Anthony so they can develop him.

knickscity
02-06-2011, 03:45 PM
If they talking it's because Denver does not want to lose out with nothing.

It's a fair deal.

Could Denver get more, most likely not, since Melo wants NY and NY only.

NuggetsFan
02-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Dude this draft is crap.

And the only top prospects play the same position as the best players on the wolves.

The Wolves are willing to take Anthony so they can develop him.

Still. You'd like the think that somebody would give up something better than Randolph for a potential like top 7 pick. Even if the draft is weak with that high of a pick your atleast looking at a player with some potential. Randolph obviously has potential too I guess.

Draft must extreeemely weak cause most years you'd probably only get a mid round pick for him.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Still. You'd like the think that somebody would give up something better than Randolph for a potential like top 7 pick. Even if the draft is weak with that high of a pick your atleast looking at a player with some potential. Randolph obviously has potential too I guess.

Draft must extreeemely weak cause most years you'd probably only get a mid round pick for him.

Anthony ceiling is really high. Probably higher than anyone in this draft.

The only thing I'm worry about is if he can play the 5.

MeLO MvP 15
02-06-2011, 04:00 PM
I read on someone's twitter (I think Eric Pincus, who is usually pretty good) that the pick would be Minny's 2014 pick... I assumed it would be one of the multiple mid-late first they own this year.

InspiredLebowski
02-06-2011, 04:14 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI/status/34336638477799424 (http://twitter.com/#%21/ChrisMannixSI/status/34336638477799424)

Three team deal between Knicks, Nuggets, Wolves "not close" to happening, sources directly involved in discussions told SI

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI/status/34336891142672384 (http://twitter.com/#%21/ChrisMannixSI/status/34336891142672384)

Sources say that while Minnesota is motivated to acquire Anthony Randolph, MIN not interested in moving Brewer/pick in a deal.

Corey Brewer being the sticking point just seems perfect.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 04:17 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI/status/34336638477799424 (http://twitter.com/#%21/ChrisMannixSI/status/34336638477799424)

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI/status/34336891142672384 (http://twitter.com/#%21/ChrisMannixSI/status/34336891142672384)

:facepalm @ Minnesota wanting to keep Brewer.

One good game, can **** up a deal

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 04:17 PM

LOL at the wolves. they want curry's expiring contract and randolph but they don't want to give up brewer and a pick??????

jesus. these teams over-value some of their assets so much. LOL

GOBB
02-06-2011, 04:18 PM
I never said they should do trade without an extension. Good job putting words in my mouth.

What I'm saying is Nets should have finalized a deal and do the Melo meeting. Play it out. Force Melo to officially say no to the deal. Nets pulled out too soon. Denver could have pressured Melo telling him he will NOT be traded to the Knicks.

It took months. NJ said they wasnt getting feedback from Melo. Melo said he never heard from NJ. Play it out? It was played out for a long time. Melo isnt going to officially say yes or no to anything. That much has been shown whenever he is asked about trade rumors. Wake up.

lilWesleyJ4
02-06-2011, 04:38 PM
LOL at the wolves. they want curry's expiring contract and randolph but they don't want to give up brewer and a pick??????

jesus. these teams over-value some of their assets so much. LOL
Curry's expiring contract holds zero value to us. Still, I would do this deal. Brewer sucks and all we would be giving up is a late first.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Curry's expiring contract holds zero value to us. Still, I would do this deal. Brewer sucks and all we would be giving up is a late first.

why does it hold 0 value?

knickscity
Cap space hold value to any team, especially if they aren't winning at the moment.

Plus his contract is almost already paid up.

bagelred
It took months. NJ said they wasnt getting feedback from Melo. Melo said he never heard from NJ. Play it out? It was played out for a long time. Melo isnt going to officially say yes or no to anything. That much has been shown whenever he is asked about trade rumors. Wake up.

Playing it out means Denver and NJ should have come to an official "we agree" on a deal to Melo. That never happened. Just alot of "he said/she said" BS.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

sTART Wesley or Webster

plus our team should be looking for an Athlectic center who can run the floor and that is what Anthony is gonna provide for us:cheers:

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Cap space hold value to any team, especially if they aren't winning at the moment.

Brewer contract is off the book next season as well.

Why would we even want that fat guy?

knickscity
02-06-2011, 04:46 PM

You wouldn't him, you'd want his contract.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 04:47 PM

but you are going to have to pay brewer if you want to keep him. and the wolves would then be paying beasley, love, darko, brewer, ridnour...a lot of money. and that is absurd for a team that might not win 20 games.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 04:50 PM
I dont get what you guys are trying to say:hammerhead:

We keep Brewer and what, we dont have to resign him, we can let he walk.

We get Curry, we pay him what the Knicks didnt until the end of the season?

We give the 1st round pick to Denver, next thing you know Perry Jones becomes the next KG:facepalm

Grey Dawn
02-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Would the Wolves' 1st round pick be lottery-protected? Because they're in line for a top 4 pick next year.

da dream
02-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Playing it out means Denver and NJ should have come to an official "we agree" on a deal to Melo. That never happened. Just alot of "he said/she said" BS.

This. And they should have left it on the table until the trade deadline. This way Melo's choice would be to sign the extension with NJ or risk losing money by staying with denver and signing with Knicks the offseason.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Would the Wolves' 1st round pick be lottery-protected? Because they're in line for a top 4 pick next year.

i DOUBT It.

If anything it should be top 2 protected

Sarcastic
02-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't think we really know. I don't think HE knew what he was going to do.

Of course he knew where he wanted to play. This isn't just a whim. If he wanted to be in Jersey, he would be in Jersey.

GOBB
02-06-2011, 04:57 PM

No one is agreeing to a deal without Melo saying I agree to sign an extension.

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 04:58 PM

We give the 1st round pick to Denver, next thing you know Perry Jones becomes the next KG:facepalm
Curry can be bought out and only like 300k is owed to him since the Knicks paid the bulk of it already. Of course the 10 mil or so that's on his contract would still stay on the cap till the end of the year.

ginobli2311

but curry comes off the books for next year and gives you a ton of financial flexibility.

it comes down to whether or not the wolves are hell bent on keeping brewer. because you are going to have to pay him at least 5 million a year going forward.

so if they want to do that...then fine...they should just keep him...but if they don't? then getting back a great expiring contract and a young prospect in randolph is much much better.

and I for one think that paying beasley, love, darko, ridnour, brewer all that much money on such a bad team doesn't make a ton of sense.

knickscity

Brewer makes 8 mil less than Curry, plus I'm sure the Knicks would probably give 3 mil cash in the deal as well.

BTW, Knowing Minny's obsession with pg's they'd probably draft Kyrie Irving.

Most people think AR has more upside than anyone coming out in the draft.

Minny gets good out of this.

lilWesleyJ4
02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
why does it hold 0 value?
Because we already have the second lowest pay roll in the league and getting that expiring doesn't impact our over all cap situation at all.

lilWesleyJ4
02-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Curry doesn't create any cap space for us.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Sounds good^^

I'll it do than. I just didn't get the contract situation for Eddy Curry.

BTW I doubt the Wolves would have selected Irving. We need a big man not another pg, Kahn knows that.

Yeah Anthony has nasty upside. Hope we can land him and slide him to the center position:rockon:

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Because we already have the second lowest pay roll in the league and getting that expiring doesn't impact our over all cap situation at all.
Randolph is the player in the deal the TWolves are trading for. Curry's just the throw-in to make the numbers work with Denver. It's just a bonus that Curry's contract is almost all paid up for the season so the TWolves save a few million. It's a business. It's not always about cap space, especially for small market teams.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 05:04 PM

but basketball is a business as well. you can't just look at it from an on the court perspective. especially on a team like the wolves. i bet the knicks would be sending some cash as well.

it might save the team 5 plus million dollars next year. and that might mean a lot to the owners.

knickscity
02-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Curry doesn't create any cap space for us.
It's not about CREATING Cap space.

If you aren't winning, you mind as well have a low payroll.

It doesn't hurt them to do it.

For some reason they want AR, that's the main part to them.

It had been reported they would give us a pick for AR anyway, so they must don't hold the draft all that high.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Yeah it'd be good for us.

Epically if we are trying to go young like OKC.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Randolph is the player in the deal the TWolves are trading for. Curry's just the throw-in to make the numbers work with Denver. It's just a bonus that Curry's contract is almost all paid up for the season so the TWolves save a few million. It's a business. It's not always about cap space, especially for small market teams.

right. the question is:

do the wovles like brewer enough to make a long term commitment to him? if so, then they should obviously keep him. but if they can turn brewer into a pick, randolph, and curry's contract....then its a no brainer.

they should do this trade. and like i said before. why would they commit to brewer when they have beasley and wesley johnson already. they don't really need brewer....and brewer is going to cost a lot of money for a team as bad as the wolves are.

UtahJazzFan88
02-06-2011, 05:08 PM
They have Beasley, Wesley Johnson, Martell Webster, and they want to keep Corey Brewer? Wow.

I'm curious to see what Minnesota is going to do with Jonny Flynn, he's been injured a bit this year, but been a big disappointment. I wonder if any team will want to get him in a trade.

The T-Wolves need to get rid of Darko, Corey Brewer, I don't understand why they love Ridnour and they're starting him over Flynn right now.

Just seen your post and you answered my question a bit now about Flynn lol.

lilWesleyJ4
02-06-2011, 05:11 PM
It's not about CREATING Cap space.

If you aren't winning, you mind as well have a low payroll.

It doesn't hurt them to do it.

For some reason they want AR, that's the main part to them.

It had been reported they would give us a pick for AR anyway, so they must don't hold the draft all that high.
You are right that it doesn't hurt us at all to take him, but taking Curry while giving up Brewer (who I hate) and a late first is too much to give up for a player that doesn't even play. I'm not going to pretend that I like david kahn but value wise this isn't a good deal for Minny. Anyway, by the sounds of recent tweets this deal, as it has been proposed right now, won't get done.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 05:12 PM
They have Beasley, Wesley Johnson, Martell Webster, and they want to keep Corey Brewer? Wow.

I'm curious to see what Minnesota is going to do with Jonny Flynn, he's been injured a bit this year, but been a big disappointment. I wonder if any team will want to get him in a trade.

That is what I'm saying. Keeping Brewer would harm the development of 3 of those players.

Flynn is back in the starting line-up with Luke out. He has been playing pretty good. I heard he still isnt 100% until so we have to chill. I doubt he is still on the trading block.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 05:15 PM
You are right that it doesn't hurt us at all to take him, but taking Curry while giving up Brewer (who I hate) and a late first is too much to give up for a player that doesn't even play. I'm not going to pretend that I like david kahn but value wise this isn't a good deal for Minny. Anyway, by the sounds of recent tweets this deal, as it has been proposed right now, won't get done.

some of the value would be getting rid of a playe (brewer) that is not really needed on the wolves as he takes up minutes of some of the younger guys and will soon require a new contract.

so why not flip him for a pick, a player with a ton of talent on a great contract, and save your franchise some money?

knickscity
02-06-2011, 05:17 PM
It's in the beginning stages, so it may not end this way.

But Minny wants AR...check.
Denver wants a few players and a good pick...check.
NY wants Melo....check.
Minny undecided about Brewer....not a deal breaker.

It's early, very early.

Clutch
02-06-2011, 05:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9QP3t.gif

lilWesleyJ4
02-06-2011, 05:20 PM
some of the value would be getting rid of a playe (brewer) that is not really needed on the wolves as he takes up minutes of some of the younger guys and will soon require a new contract.

so why not flip him for a pick, a player with a ton of talent on a great contract, and save your franchise some money?
It is a good idea since Brewer probably isn't in this teams long term plans. The whole issue is that getting rid of Curry is EXTREMELY valuable to the Knicks to get the numbers to work in order to get Carmelo in a trade. Getting rid of Curry is way more important to the Knicks then it is for the Wolves to acquire him. Because of the lopsided value of Curry to the Knicks versus the Wolves it should benefit us instead of having no value at all which is why IMO absorbing Curry in addition to trading Brewer and a late first is too much just to land Randolph.

knickscity
02-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Clutch whats up with the three guys in one pic?

Clutch
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Clutch whats up with the three guys in one pic?
I needed to cut off part of the picture.

Anyways,you get the point.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM
It is a good idea since Brewer probably isn't in this teams long term plans. The whole issue is that getting rid of Curry is EXTREMELY valuable to the Knicks to get the numbers to work in order to get Carmelo in a trade. Getting rid of Curry is way more important to the Knicks then it is for the Wolves to acquire him. Because of the lopsided value of Curry to the Knicks versus the Wolves it should benefit us instead of having no value at all which is why IMO absorbing Curry in addition to trading Brewer and a late first is too much just to land Randolph.

i don't follow. curry is an asset now for the knicks. his contract is almost fully paid up. do you understand that the wolves will probably just write curry a check and say "goodbye".

having curry's contract will save the wolves money going forward. you aren't really absorbing anything. curry only has like 3 months left on his contract...and then its over. and it lowers the payroll of your franchise going forward.

QuebecBaller
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't feel to create another thread about Melo and the Knicks, so what about this

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4lt9v82

(Add draft picks if you want)

Knicks in : Melo
Knicks Out : Curry, Randolph, Azubuike

Why : Melo... nothing more to say

Denver In : Mayo, Thabeet, Curry
Denver Out : Melo

Why : They get 1 good player, 1 prospect, 1 expiring contract

Memphis In : Azubuike, Randolph
Memphis Out : Mayo, Thabeet

Why : Not sure they still want Mayo and Thabeet on their team. And they can let Z-bo sign somewhere else to resign Gasol and replace him by the other Randolph (young PF with skills who fit well on their team)

Good? Bad?

knickscity
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
That's why Minny is brought in...to absorb Curry's contract.

Minny wants AR that's already been established.

lilWesleyJ4
02-06-2011, 05:25 PM
i don't follow. curry is an asset now for the knicks. his contract is almost fully paid up. do you understand that the wolves will probably just write curry a check and say "goodbye".

having curry's contract will save the wolves money going forward. you aren't really absorbing anything. curry only has like 3 months left on his contract...and then its over. and it lowers the payroll of your franchise going forward.
But we save even more money if we don't even get him. My whole argument is moot however if the Knick's do send money over to buy him out.

InspiredLebowski
02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
It is a good idea since Brewer probably isn't in this teams long term plans. The whole issue is that getting rid of Curry is EXTREMELY valuable to the Knicks to get the numbers to work in order to get Carmelo in a trade. Getting rid of Curry is way more important to the Knicks then it is for the Wolves to acquire him. Because of the lopsided value of Curry to the Knicks versus the Wolves it should benefit us instead of having no value at all which is why IMO absorbing Curry in addition to trading Brewer and a late first is too much just to land Randolph.I agree with this. Taking Curry (and making the deal work) alone should be enough for Randolph.

knickscity
02-06-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't feel to create another thread about Melo and the Knicks, so what about this

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4lt9v82

(Add draft picks if you want)

Knicks in : Melo
Knicks Out : Curry, Randolph, Azubuike

Why : Melo... nothing more to say

Denver In : Mayo, Thabeet, Curry
Denver Out : Melo

Why : They get 1 good player, 1 prospect, 1 expiring contract

Memphis In : Azubuike, Randolph
Memphis Out : Mayo, Thabeet

Why : Not sure they still want Mayo and Thabeet on their team. And they can let Z-bo sign somewhere else to resign Gasol and replace him by the other Randolph (young PF with skills who fit well on their team)

Good? Bad?

Good trade except Denver doesn't want Mayo when they got Affalo.

Plus you have to add the picks, Denver isn't doing it without one.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
But we save even more money if we don't even get him. My whole argument is moot however if the Knick's do send money over to buy him out.

i thought it was a given that the knicks would send money over.

but if you want randolph and don't want brewer...it still would make sense because brewer is going to cost the wolves much more money going forward than randolph. so if the wolves don't plan on resigning brewer....then they would get nothing for him if they just let him leave.

that is the value of the trade.

AAckley1
02-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Funny how quickly people forget. You're just proving how simple minded the average man is. a 21 year old doesn't lose all their skills in 1 season. he was one of the most coveted prospects in the league a year ago.

and Darko Milicic was one of the most coveted prospects in the league at one point. So was Greg Oden...Travis Outlaw has been one of the most coveted prospects in the league before..

The more you watch a young player the more you realize if that player "has" it or not. You watch Randolph play and along with his deer-like athleticism, he frequently has the "Deer in the Headlights" look.

NewYorkNoPicks
02-06-2011, 06:10 PM
and Darko Milicic was one of the most coveted prospects in the league at one point. So was Greg Oden...Travis Outlaw has been one of the most coveted prospects in the league before..

The more you watch a young player the more you realize if that player "has" it or not. You watch Randolph play and along with his deer-like athleticism, he frequently has the "Deer in the Headlights" look.

Randolph played in Golden State and was impressive. Darko was only coveted because he was the #2 pick in the draft, there was no other substance behind it.

So if a player is a good and talented prospect one year ago, but he goes to a situation where he doesn't play because the coach doesn't like his style....that completely zaps him of the ability he showed 1 year earlier? Use logic man

bagelred
02-06-2011, 06:48 PM

Taking Curry doesn't benefit the Knicks. It benefits the NUGGETS.

The Nuggets are over luxury tax line. By not taking Curry, Nuggets save millions of dollars in luxury tax money. Not salary.

Knicks can send Curry straight to Denver without Minny. But works better for all if Minny takes Curry.

Honestly, if Minny wants Randolph, they aren't giving anything up of real value. Taking Curry's contract has zero net effect. Brewer is a RFA and he isn't that great in the first place. And the draft pick will be a low one, either Memphis' or Utah's, which Minny has both.

RecSpecs110
02-06-2011, 07:03 PM

I agree with you. Part of me was upset that our front office acted so desperate and also that Prokhorov canceled everything BEFORE the meeting. If it were me, I would have had the meeting, and then if Melo said no, then had the press conference.

But my main gripe still is with the Nuggets for starting the whole fiasco. This should have been over and done with in a week/two weeks tops. But they kept giving mixed signals. Both organizations were distracted and the players involved were definitely affected. That's why I can't see for sure what Melo wanted. Why would Denver's FO (who probably know best what Melo wants) bother to endure all this and drag it out if they knew for sure Melo wanted NY and nothing more? It just doesn't add up to me.

I honestly think it was a classic case of the seller not being careful and being greedy. When you're trying to sell something (Melo), the customer should be treated well, not dragged across the mud for 6 months.

While I personally would have waited, I don't blame Prokhorov for what he did.

niko
02-06-2011, 07:06 PM

The Nuggets are over luxury tax line. By not taking Curry, Nuggets save millions of dollars in luxury tax money. Not salary.

Knicks can send Curry straight to Denver without Minny. But works better for all if Minny takes Curry.

Honestly, if Minny wants Randolph, they aren't giving anything up of real value. Taking Curry's contract has zero net effect. Brewer is a RFA and he isn't that great in the first place. And the draft pick will be a low one, either Memphis' or Utah's, which Minny has both.
It's amazing watching the coverage of this. I think (literally) you understand the situation better than most reporters. They really don't get the Minny part.\

Note: my take on the the Melo thing, everyone kept asking his agent and getting lukewarm responses (maybe, sure) and kept proceeding forward but when it got to the point that he needed to meet, he wouldn't do it so everyone pulled out. That's why the Nets response was so aprubt but definitive at the same time.

04mzwach
02-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Minnesota won't do this. Brewer is the only guy who can play defense on the entire team. Unless they were planning on getting rid of Brewer anyway and decide to get something in exchange. Makes sense, sort of. But a 1st round pick? WTF?

Pokerface
02-06-2011, 07:17 PM
It has been pointed out by many of the posters on this topic that this trade will benefit all involved. However, one potential fly in the ointment is that Chandler reportedly has said that he doesn't want to go to Denver. Then, perhaps a way around this is for Denver to then trade him to another team, maybe Houston for Patterson and Budinger, or to Washington for Blatche or McGee. Another possible option is for Denver to trade Chandler to Sacramento for J. Thompson.

Denver really needs another big man more that they need another SG or SF, unless they plan to trade JR or Forbes.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 07:18 PM
It's amazing watching the coverage of this. I think (literally) you understand the situation better than most reporters. They really don't get the Minny part.\

Note: my take on the the Melo thing, everyone kept asking his agent and getting lukewarm responses (maybe, sure) and kept proceeding forward but when it got to the point that he needed to meet, he wouldn't do it so everyone pulled out. That's why the Nets response was so aprubt but definitive at the same time.

The reporters don't take the time or don't have the time to understand the rationale, they need it explained to them by the "experts." Alot of it is simple CBA math, but alot of these reporters don't get this stuff.

niko
02-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Chandler not wanting to go to Denver is irrelevent. He is a young player with no legerage who will need to go where he is sent unless he doesn't want to get paid.

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Minnesota won't do this. Brewer is the only guy who can play defense on the entire team. Unless they were planning on getting rid of Brewer anyway and decide to get something in exchange. Makes sense, sort of. But a 1st round pick? WTF?

i just don't get they hype of brewer. he's a solid player, but come on. he's shooting like 38% and he's not that great of a defender. and he's going to be expensive to keep...and the wolves have a bunch of players that play his position.

Pokerface
02-06-2011, 07:21 PM

Minnesota has two or three first-round picks in the 2011 Draft. Coming off of 2010 Draft where they had about 4 first-round picks, they don't need a lot of additional younger players, when they already are overloaded with them. They need a few veterans to help stabilize their team.

Pokerface
02-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Chandler not wanting to go to Denver is irrelevent. He is a young player with no legerage who will need to go where he is sent unless he doesn't want to get paid.

Good point, but the Nuggets don't need another player who doesn't want to be there. They have gone through enough turmoil already. So if they can get a player who they need and one who wants to be there, it makes sense to do so.

bagelred
02-06-2011, 07:28 PM
The best thing about this is there is an ACTUAL DEADLINE on the horizon, so somebody is going to have to blink eventually.....unless Denver just says "f-ck it" and keep Carmelo the rest of the season.

lilWesleyJ4
02-06-2011, 08:11 PM

What do you mean dumping Curry doesn't affect the Knicks? The Knicks will have to trade him to acquire Melo. The Knick have 58 million in salaries which means they have to trade away as much as they get back (125% + 100k.) Currently Carmelo makes 17 million. Unless the Knicks have a TPE I dont know about or if im having a brain fart, the Knicks will HAVE to trade Curry to get Melo (unless they wait until the offseason)

Edit: Ok I only read half your post when I replied. If Denver is ok accepting Curry then ok:lol If Denver refuses Curry then we are back in business:pimp:

New York Knicks
02-06-2011, 08:22 PM
What do you mean dumping Curry doesn't affect the Knicks? The Knicks will have to trade him to acquire Melo. The Knick have 58 million in salaries which means they have to trade away as much as they get back (125% + 100k.) Currently Carmelo makes 17 million. Unless the Knicks have a TPE I dont know about or if im having a brain fart, the Knicks will HAVE to trade Curry to get Melo (unless they wait until the offseason)

Edit: Ok I only read half your post when I replied. If Denver is ok accepting Curry then ok:lol If Denver refuses Curry then we are back in business:pimp:
I don't get why you're arguing so much about the throw-in player in a trade. What is it that you really wanna say? That the T-Wolves front office is colluding with the NY front office to get Melo to NY?

lilWesleyJ4
02-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I don't get why you're arguing so much about the throw-in player in a trade. What is it that you really wanna say? That the T-Wolves front office is colluding with the NY front office to get Melo to NY?
Ever wonder why you have red bars? I was just having a friendly debate with some of the other posters explaining why dumping Curry has significant value for the Knicks. It's too ****ing bad every conversation on ISH has to go to shit:no:

ginobli2311
02-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Ever wonder why you have red bars? I was just having a friendly debate with some of the other posters explaining why dumping Curry has significant value for the Knicks. It's too ****ing bad every conversation on ISH has to go to shit:no:

its not really dumping curry. its the value that curry's contract has so NY can make a deal like this without giving up a bunch of real contracts. curry's contract is a valuable asset for the knicks.

but i don't get why minny fans are so hung up on taking back curry. it does nothing bad for them at all as his contract is almost fully paid and expires in a couple months.

taking on curry allows the wolves to get into this deal and shed brewer and get a player they want.

and most likely the knicks will send over 3 million as well.