PDA

View Full Version : Who should the Utah Jazz get in the offseason?

UtahJazzFan88
02-07-2011, 12:02 AM
If anyone has a better list of this years free agent class, please post.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-11-12

Who do you guys think we could/should get in the off season, or should we resign Andrei? If Andrei leaves, we have a gap at the SF position, there's quite a few solid SF's out there that could be a good replacement for AK-47, any other positions you think we should fill (like the SG position maybe). CJ Miles is actually a free agent this year, but it's a team option, so I'm thinking we'll keep him.

Personally I think we should maybe try going after Tayshaun Prince, or even Caron Butler, even though he is injured.

El Kabong
02-07-2011, 04:44 AM
There was an article over at the Bleacher Report about this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/585430-10-players-jazz-should-pursue-in-2011-to-keep-deron-williams-happy?search_query=utah%20jazz%2010

I like the idea of bringing over Ante Tomic, however I don't know the details of his current contract, or if he even wants to move. Shane Battier is another guy who'd make sense, but I don't know if he wants to leave Houston (Or if they want to resign him).

Honestly though, I don't like the idea of adding early 30's guys like Caron Butler or Jason Richardson to the team. They're going to be going for their last contracts so they'll be holding out for the $ and I don't think they're good enough to keep Deron happy. You'll end up with a situation like Denver has where they'll lose Carmelo, but be stuck with mediocre talents on decent $ deals like Al Harrington and Chris Anderson for another 3-4 years, when you'll be trying to shed salary so you can rebuild.

DeronMillsap
02-07-2011, 05:06 AM
There was an article over at the Bleacher Report about this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/585430-10-players-jazz-should-pursue-in-2011-to-keep-deron-williams-happy?search_query=utah%20jazz%2010

I like the idea of bringing over Ante Tomic, however I don't know the details of his current contract, or if he even wants to move. Shane Battier is another guy who'd make sense, but I don't know if he wants to leave Houston (Or if they want to resign him).

Honestly though, I don't like the idea of adding early 30's guys like Caron Butler or Jason Richardson to the team. They're going to be going for their last contracts so they'll be holding out for the $ and I don't think they're good enough to keep Deron happy. You'll end up with a situation like Denver has where they'll lose Carmelo, but be stuck with mediocre talents on decent $ deals like Al Harrington and Chris Anderson for another 3-4 years, when you'll be trying to shed salary so you can rebuild.
Holy shit! He's 7'2? Couldn't really tell from that video.

El Kabong
02-07-2011, 05:20 AM
Holy shit! He's 7'2? Couldn't really tell from that video.
Yep, he looks smaller in the vid. But it's not the best quality either.

Just read on Wikipedia he signed a 3 1/2 year deal with Real Madrid last year. So I guess that rules him out.

DeronMillsap
02-07-2011, 05:27 AM
I wonder who's more valuable to the Grizzlies, Randolph or Marc Gasol. If they choose Randolph over Gasol, I wouldn't mind seeing Gasol as our starting center so we can move Jefferson to the PF spot.

I'm not sure what the Grizzlies salary cap situation is though.

El Kabong
02-07-2011, 05:32 AM
I wonder who's more valuable to the Grizzlies, Randolph or Marc Gasol. If they choose Randolph over Gasol, I wouldn't mind seeing as our starting center so we can move Jefferson to the PF spot.

I'm not sure what the Grizzlies salary cap situation is though.
They just gave Gay and Conley extensions and Randolph is a FA next year. Their owner can be cheap at times, I'd say he'd resign one, but not both. Gasol is restricted however, so Grizzlies may match if he accepts a decent deal from another team.

DeronMillsap
02-07-2011, 05:41 AM
They just gave Gay and Conley extensions and Randolph is a FA next year. Their owner can be cheap at times, I'd say he'd resign one, but not both. Gasol is restricted however, so Grizzlies may match if he accepts a decent deal from another team.
Unless Gasol gets overpaid by another team, I assume they'll resign him. I think he'd be more important to them than Randolph.

Plus, they have Arthur. He's good off the bench and even had played well when Randolph was injured. Not as good as Z-bo though.

laiboris
02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
get a 3-point shooter please

Xiao Yao You
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Who do you guys think we could/should get in the off season, or should we resign Andrei? If Andrei leaves, we have a gap at the SF position, there's quite a few solid SF's out there that could be a good replacement for AK-47, any other positions you think we should fill (like the SG position maybe). CJ Miles is actually a free agent this year, but it's a team option, so I'm thinking we'll keep him.

Personally I think we should maybe try going after Tayshaun Prince, or even Caron Butler, even though he is injured.

First, you have to remember unless the Jazz can offer a better deal most players won't play for them. Maybe a few more now that the old man finally hung them up!!! Prince and Butler will go for the money or for a ring which isn't Utah.

Andrei wants to be in Utah so if the price is right you have to look at keeping him. Let's see if they keep him the rest of the month first though.

I like the idea of bringing over Ante Tomic, however I don't know the details of his current contract, or if he even wants to move.

His buyout is like 5 million dollars this off-season and from what I saw in August/September he's not worth it. He didn't look as good as Koufos to me.

Shane Battier is another guy who'd make sense, but I don't know if he wants to leave Houston (Or if they want to resign him).

Again why would he come to Utah over Boston or Miami or Dallas or SA unless they have the money which doesn't look likely?

I don't like the idea of adding early 30's guys like Caron Butler or Jason Richardson to the team. They're going to be going for their last contracts so they'll be holding out for the $ and I don't think they're good enough to keep Deron happy. You'll end up with a situation like Denver has where they'll lose Carmelo, but be stuck with mediocre talents on decent $ deals like Al Harrington and Chris Anderson for another 3-4 years, when you'll be trying to shed salary so you can rebuild.

Again beggers can't be choosy In Utah you take what you can get on the FA market. Their best hope will be with Okur's expiring deal.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gasol as our starting center so we can move Jefferson to the PF spot.

And that leaves their 2nd best player Millsap where? Dream on about Gasol. Kaman has to be available. Probably have to give up Millsap though unless you can find a taker for Okur and/or Jefferson(the dream scenario).

and even had played well when Randolph was injured

And as the starter as a rookie before injury and Randolph.

DeronMillsap
02-24-2011, 04:43 AM
I guess we can use this thread too for the 2011 Draft.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

Nets pick is currently at top 6.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Nets pick will be falling in all likely hood and the Jazz‘s rising. Any great centers coming out in the next couple years? One thing they've never had. A great swingman would certainly be welcome too.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2011, 08:45 PM
[quote]Kevin O'Connor: On needing to get something for Williams before he potentially left during free agency:

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Lots of interest in Millsap especially. (http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook?page=dailydimelive)

I'm sure every team in the league would love to have him and his contract.

As for the picks --- right now in our Mock Draft we have them getting Harrison Barnes and Kawhi Leonard. ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook?page=dailydimelive)

PF's?

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Brian T. Smith: No one's untouchable on Jazz roster (http://*********.com/twitter_media.html).

Ya think? ROTLMAO!!!

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2011, 09:01 PM
"The West is not dominating any more," said Utah center Al Jefferson, who started his career in Boston. "It's equal now, if not I think the East got the edge. It's a lot of great teams over there in the East, but as you know it's a dogfight every day in the West for a playoff spot. (http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/art_garcia/02/24/trades-balance-of-power/) In a day you can go from [the four seed] to seven like it's nothing. But I think the East is getting to that point now."

East is probably better 1-5 maybe 6 now but west still deeper even with the Denver/Utah trades.

DeronMillsap
02-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Barnes and Leonard are SF's, and there's also Jordan Hamilton out of Texas.

Whatever we do I hope we don't waste a 1srt round pick on The Jimmer.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Alex Kennedy: The Hawks are also shopping Zaza Pachulia. (http://*********.com/twitter_media.html) He was held out of last night's game as the team worked the phones.

He would have been a nice pick-up.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Whatever we do I hope we don't waste a 1srt round pick on The Jimmer.

Looks like he could be one of the guys available when they draft and I'm sure they'll look at a pg and hopefully a center though there doesn't seem to be many of them. Maybe a trade for a young center instead?

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Ken Berger: Minnesota and Utah will continue to explore a Raja Bell deal, but sources say it could be more likely to happen around the draft (http://*********.com/twitter_media.html).

So much for bringing Raja back this year.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2011, 09:11 PM
[quote][URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonyknicks022411"][COLOR=#0000ff]King hadn

DeronMillsap
02-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Looks like he could be one of the guys available when they draft and I'm sure they'll look at a pg and hopefully a center though there doesn't seem to be many of them. Maybe a trade for a young center instead?
Yeah, there's only a bunch of undersized PF's from what I've read.

I suppose we go after a back-up passer-first PG and a SG/SF wing guy.

Xiao Yao You
02-25-2011, 01:47 AM
there's only a bunch of undersized PF's from what I've read

Can't have too many of them.

I suppose we go after a back-up passer-first PG and a SG/SF wing guy.

Already have young guys in Hayward and Miles on the wing. I'd look for veteran help there especially with AK possibly gone and Bell hopefully dealt to Minny.

Need lots of help in the middle. Young and veteran. The 3 PF starting line-up just doesn't cut it surprising as it is.

Xiao Yao You
02-25-2011, 02:50 AM
From an O'Conner article.

[quote]Utah is positioned to emerge as a stronger, more viable organization when the NBA frees itself from what many predict will be a lengthy, debilitating lockout next season. Everything from increased revenue sharing and a hard salary cap to a franchise-player tag

UtahJazzFan88
02-26-2011, 05:44 AM
What position should we draft for? I think we need a PG or a SG right now, Hayward is a SG/SF, but he's been a disappointment so far. Maybe we could have have Jimmer Fredette, but a lot of people are pointing him towards being a JJ Redick/Adam Morrison. The PG is pretty weak outside of Kyrie Irving, Fredette and Kemba Walker aren't really true PG's.

Either we need to draft a good PG/SG, or we need to pick someone up in free agency like Jamal Crawford or Jason Richardson.

Xiao Yao You
02-27-2011, 07:17 PM
What position should we draft for? I think we need a PG or a SG right now

We need a young center not named Fesenko and a young pg to develop behind Harris and Watson not named Price.

Hayward is a SG/SF, but he's been a disappointment so far.

A disappoinment that he hasn't been down in the D-League developing with Evans cuz the Jazz didn't sign a couple vets.

Maybe we could have have Jimmer Fredette, but a lot of people are pointing him towards being a JJ Redick/Adam Morrison.

Big difference between Redick and Morrison. Redick can play. Morrison is still waiting for a call. Can't see him getting it. He sucks.

The PG is pretty weak outside of Kyrie Irving, Fredette and Kemba Walker aren't really true PG's.

Why they're looking at a guy like Flynn probably.

Either we need to draft a good PG/SG, or we need to pick someone up in free agency like Jamal Crawford or Jason Richardson.

Why not both?

I'd look for vets on the wings and young guys at the point and in the middle. And of course any and all PF's you can lay your hands on. Can't have enough of them.

UtahJazzFan88
03-13-2011, 05:57 PM
I really hope we get rid of Ronnie Price, he's been an energy guy for us, but I think his time is up with Utah, I also like Earl Watson, and I think we should consider keeping him, but I think we should try going after Sundiata Gaines again, he's making a big impact off the bench with the Nets in the past couple weeks and he's proved he can play.

If we don't get a SG/SF in the draft, we need to go after Jamal Crawford/Jason Richardson.

Xiao Yao You
03-13-2011, 07:33 PM
I really hope we get rid of Ronnie Price, he's been an energy guy for us, but I think his time is up with Utah, I also like Earl Watson, and I think we should consider keeping him, but I think we should try going after Sundiata Gaines again, he's making a big impact off the bench with the Nets in the past couple weeks and he's proved he can play.

Should definitely look to keep Watson which leaves one spot open and they should be looking for their future starter not Gaines.

If we don't get a SG/SF in the draft, we need to go after Jamal Crawford/Jason Richardson.

Would they sign? Mayo is a lot better option. He's obviously available.

UtahJazzFan88
03-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Why not try getting Gaines? Ronnie Price has been garbage this year, Gaines has provided a great spark off the bench for the Nets and if you look at the +/-, he's been in the +5-+10 range every game. He's proving a lot of energy, and putting up good numbers in the assists column for a bench player, and he can shoot better then Watson.

Earl does a good job, but he isn't a great shooter, which he doesn't always need to do, but Sundiata has a lot of potential given minutes IMO.

Mayo might be a better option if we can get him for less money, but I'd rather get Jason Richardson or Jamal Crawford.

UtahJazzFan88
03-14-2011, 03:23 AM
Also, hopefully we at least bring over Ante Tomic from Real Madrid next year and see what he can do for us, because Elson and Fesenko aren't cutting it and never will.

Xiao Yao You
03-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Why not try getting Gaines? Ronnie Price has been garbage this year, Gaines has provided a great spark off the bench for the Nets and if you look at the +/-, he's been in the +5-+10 range every game. He's proving a lot of energy, and putting up good numbers in the assists column for a bench player, and he can shoot better then Watson.

Earl does a good job, but he isn't a great shooter, which he doesn't always need to do, but Sundiata has a lot of potential given minutes

I like Gaines and prefer him to Price(always been garbage outside some defensive energy) and if they get a young guy that is ready to back-up Harris(Flynn?) than Gaines would be a nice 3rd guy.

Mayo might be a better option if we can get him for less money, but I'd rather get Jason Richardson or Jamal Crawford.

Mayo will be on the last year of his rookie contract so should come cheaper and a more realistic option. Unless the Jazz overpay for the other two they are unlikely to woo them to SLC. Not sure anyone in the draft is as good as Mayo? Miles isn't.

hopefully we at least bring over Ante Tomic from Real Madrid next year and see what he can do for us

He could be the young option in the middle but he didn't look worth the 5 million dollar buyout it will cost to bring him over.

because Elson and Fesenko aren't cutting it and never will

Don't foget Okur. LMAO!

El Kabong
03-15-2011, 01:33 AM
I like Gaines and prefer him to Price(always been garbage outside some defensive energy) and if they get a young guy that is ready to back-up Harris(Flynn?) than Gaines would be a nice 3rd guy.

Mayo will be on the last year of his rookie contract so should come cheaper and a more realistic option. Unless the Jazz overpay for the other two they are unlikely to woo them to SLC. Not sure anyone in the draft is as good as Mayo? Miles isn't.

He could be the young option in the middle but he didn't look worth the 5 million dollar buyout it will cost to bring him over.

Don't foget Okur. LMAO!
Even if he did look the goods, the $5 million buy out would probably mean he wouldn't be coming over anyway.

El Kabong
03-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Memo's been shut down for the year now. Hopefully they'll get a decent backup big in the off-season instead of Fes or Elson because I dunno how much longer Okur will last.

Xiao Yao You
03-17-2011, 08:41 AM
They'll have the money to pay Tomic if they think he's worth it. Who knows how much of the buyout he would be willing to eat? I believe they can pay him any price now like the Spurs did with Splitter because it's been so long since they drafted him.

Maybe Okur will retire? Insurance would pay for much of his contract anyway?

UtahJazzFan88
03-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I think we need to re-sign CJ Miles, he's played really good for us in the starting line-up, and his option is a bargain value. Need to buyout or possibly send Raja Bell somewhere else.

Nastradamus
03-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Memo's been shut down for the year now. Hopefully they'll get a decent backup big in the off-season instead of Fes or Elson because I dunno how much longer Okur will last.

Sure, Fes looks ugly out there and terribly unskilled, but the plus/minus when he is out there is SICK. I am not a big plus minus guy typically, but damn, its hard to deny Fes' impact. He makes it harder to get in the paint, period.

UtahJazzFan88
03-18-2011, 02:07 AM
+/- isn't always a great indicator, just because he has a decent +/- doesn't mean he's a good player, a lot of it has to do with the fact in the first couple months where we were really good is that we would rely on our bench for a lot of energy/comebacks.

Xiao Yao You
03-18-2011, 11:06 AM
You keep CJ assuming you don't get another young player that's better like Mayo.

Hopefully the rumors of Raja to Minnesota are true. Could get their young pg in Flynn there too.

The problem is that there are a lot better players than Fessenko that could keep people out of the the paint. The fact that the Jazz want to throw out an undersized frontline doesn't make him any good.

UtahJazzFan88
03-19-2011, 02:56 AM
You keep CJ assuming you don't get another young player that's better like Mayo.

Hopefully the rumors of Raja to Minnesota are true. Could get their young pg in Flynn there too.

The problem is that there are a lot better players than Fessenko that could keep people out of the the paint. The fact that the Jazz want to throw out an undersized frontline doesn't make him any good.

Who the Jazz going to trade to Minnesota to get Flynn? Okur + Bell for Flynn + Pekovic or Webster? I'm not really a big fan of Flynn either, I realize it sucks being on the bench behind Luke Ridnour who shouldn't be starting, but his attitude isn't something I'm a fan of.

Jazz have to keep CJ if he can keep up good numbers in the starting role for the rest of the year. It sucks that Sloan/Corbin waited until mid-March to maybe realize that he was in the wrong role.

Xiao Yao You
03-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Who the Jazz going to trade to Minnesota to get Flynn? Okur + Bell for Flynn + Pekovic or Webster?

Who knows? They have plenty of guys the Jazz could use, picks and cap space. Jazz have picks and cap space too.

I'm not really a big fan of Flynn either, I realize it sucks being on the bench behind Luke Ridnour who shouldn't be starting, but his attitude isn't something I'm a fan of.

He doesn't seem like a good fit but he's young and talented and despite him supposedly being a disappoinment as a rookie he put up pretty good numbers. Anybody in the draft or around the league they can get better?

Jazz have to keep CJ if he can keep up good numbers in the starting role for the rest of the year.

They don't have to keep anyone as the Deron trade proved.

It sucks that Sloan/Corbin waited until mid-March to maybe realize that he was in the wrong role.

Don't 2nd guess Jerry. I said him or Haywood should've been starting and with Bell sucking so bad and Haywood being too young CJ made the most sense.

Xiao Yao You
03-30-2011, 09:43 PM
[quote]Kevin O'Connor on Andrei Kirilenko returning to the team next season: You'd like to think it. He's got an opportunity to test the free agent market, and there's nothing we can do about it. He's filled his contract. We've fulfilled our side of it. We would like him back, sure, absolutely; that's a conversation we'll have. He'll look at it. Because he's got other options, because he's a foreign player.

Xiao Yao You
03-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Jazz's O'Connor included Hayward, Favors, Harris, Bell in Utah's core moving forward.

So much for someone beig stupid enough to take Bell's contract I guess. No Millsap? Jefferson? CJ?

Xiao Yao You
03-30-2011, 10:08 PM
I guess he did mention Jefferson. Says he needs to get better.

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Jazz's Corbin acknowledged that Utah could use a star, franchise-type player. A finisher who can close games. (Someone to replace D-Will.)

Ya think? They needed one before they traded the one they had.

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2011, 12:51 AM
It shouldn't be too hard for the Jazz to re-sign Kirilenko. Andrei's apparently willing to take as little as $5 million a year to come back.

El Kabong
04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
It's weird to hear them say "if" they pick up Miles option. Seems like a absolute no brainer to me. There's no way you'd get that talent (albeit occasionally inconsistent talent) elsewhere for the $3.7 million he's due next year.

Xiao Yao You
04-16-2011, 01:01 AM
It's weird to hear them say "if" they pick up Miles option. Seems like a absolute no brainer to me. There's no way you'd get that talent (albeit occasionally inconsistent talent) elsewhere for the $3.7 million he's due next year.

Agreed if they don't want him he's still valuable at that price. Can't really expect consistency at that price though.

Nastradamus
04-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Miles and AK will be back. It will be interesting to see what they do after that though. Guys like Al,Harris and maybe Sap could be available for trades and they have the 2 lottery picks. I really love the makeup of this team. Stocked up with big guys, lots of depth and lots of tradeable assets.

Its too bad this draft sucks for PGs after Irving because thats what Utah needs. As is, they'll probably add a SG and another big, especially if they make a trade. Burks and Montejunias or something?

El Kabong
04-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Miles and AK will be back. It will be interesting to see what they do after that though. Guys like Al,Harris and maybe Sap could be available for trades and they have the 2 lottery picks. I really love the makeup of this team. Stocked up with big guys, lots of depth and lots of tradeable assets.

Its too bad this draft sucks for PGs after Irving because thats what Utah needs. As is, they'll probably add a SG and another big, especially if they make a trade. Burks and Montejunias or something?
Al, Memo and Harris I would be OK with trading, but i'd like to keep Millsap. I've pretty much convinced myself that they'll take the Jimmer over someone like Burks if he's still available with their 2nd pick.

Xiao Yao You
04-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Miles and AK will be back.

Considering that Deron got traded I don't think there are any sure things. If I'm AK I'm going to have a hard time passing up more money or a better opportunity rather than being stuck on a team going in the wrong direction especially if it's for a fellow Russian who's offering a future in the front office possibly.

It will be interesting to see what they do after that though. Guys like Al,Harris and maybe Sap could be available for trades and they have the 2 lottery picks.

Millsap is the one guy they should be keeping so of course he'll probably go. Good luck finding takers for the other 2. Okur at least has an expiring contract so there's hope they'll finally cut their losses with that guy like they should have done two years ago instead of extending his contract.

I really love the makeup of this team. Stocked up with big guys

Unfortunately they all play the same position and don't offer the length or defensive presence they have desparetely needed since Tag(Not that Sloan ever took advantage of him).

lots of depth and lots of tradeable assets

Where? Take a look at that guard line! They all shoot horrible %'s from the field. They have depth at the 4 and maybe could look alright at the 2 and 3 if Millsap can make the move, Hayward can guard the 2 and AK is back. A lot of big ifs there.

Its too bad this draft sucks for PGs after Irving because thats what Utah needs.

Should have thought about that before taking the 2nd offer you got for your superstar pg.

As is, they'll probably add a SG

At least. The whole guard line is a hurting unit.

and another big, especially if they make a trade

At least. They have no center worth a damn. Can't have enough PF's though. They could be starting 4 of them next year. LOL!

Burks and Montejunias or something?

4's or 5's?

Al, Memo and Harris I would be OK with trading, but i'd like to keep Millsap. I've pretty much convinced myself that they'll take the Jimmer over someone like Burks if he's still available with their 2nd pick.

I'm ok with anyone being traded but they better not get taken like they were in the Deron deal.

El Kabong
04-22-2011, 05:16 PM
I've got a feeling that if any of the bigmen are going to be moved it'll be Millsap. Probably get the most talent back in return for him.

UtahJazzFan88
04-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I really want to see us get OJ Mayo.

Maybe we could trade away Raja + 12th Pick for him, or Raja + Okur (expirer), and maybe include a 2nd round pick for him. He'd be a great asset for us though off the bench, and starting in instances.

Xiao Yao You
04-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Off the bench? Who's starting? He's a potential all-star/go to guy. He'd possibly be there best player. He's only on the bench in Memphis cuz they have two other go to guys/all star caliber players and he was better than Gay as a rookie before Gay stepped up with it being contract time.

Xiao Yao You
05-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Sam Smith: Yes, I expect him to be among several high profile players who are available after this season, and I'm not convinced no matter what the Grizzlies said they'll keep Rudy Gay. (http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/asksam_110520.html) I'd also watch for Monta Ellis, Tony Parker, Michael Beasley, Kevin Martin, Andrea Bargnani, Danny Granger, Rajon Rondo, Devin Harris, Chris Kamen, Stephen Jackson, Jameer Nelson and Richard Hamilton among those who could be moved in trades. NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/asksam_110520.html)

UtahJazzFan88
05-21-2011, 12:37 AM
I hope we can get OJ Mayo or Danny Granger. Maybe Millsap for one of them? Love Paul, but we need a high quality wing to go along with Hayward.

Xiao Yao You
05-21-2011, 06:52 PM
He's probably their most tradable player but do u trade your best player(again) and your best contract?

UtahJazzFan88
05-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Best contract yes, but I think eventually we're going to have to get rid of one of them, and yes Big Al has a big contract, and is overrated in your eyes, but Paul was a terrible defender, and nothing special at rebounding this year.

Xiao Yao You
05-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Millsap's only problem is playing next to a guy who is playing basically the same game as him.

Xiao Yao You
05-30-2011, 09:19 PM
I've heard some discussion that the Blazers could acquire Devin Harris this summer . . .he makes a lot of sense for Portland, (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1662) and no sense for the style of play the Jazz are accustomed to. If they can get Devin they could draft a back-up point guard like Fredette (see above) and be just fine. HoopsWorld (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1662)

Nastradamus
05-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Harris and Milsap for Miller and Wallace? Utah needs an athletic 3 to replace and upgrade AK47 first of all. They'll probably draft Knight/Walker and Miller is both out of the way faster than Harris and a better example to learn from as a pass first guy who is also a savvy vet. They also save money in the deal.

Portland could use a guy like Milsap both backing up LA and playing next to him. An upgrade from using Wallace at PF or some of the scrubs they played last year. Harris is a guy they've long wanted and fits for them at the PG spot opposite Matthews and Roy. Portland has Batum to use at SF and they won't miss the scoring differential due to adding MIlsap/Harris.

Xiao Yao You
05-31-2011, 03:40 AM
Harris and Milsap for Miller and Wallace? Utah needs an athletic 3 to replace and upgrade AK47 first of all.
Miller makes plenty of sense but I can't see them giving up Wallace and I don't know why the Jazz would trade their best player again either but I don't get most of what they do. Portland gets Millsap after the Jazz payed the bulk of that contract too. I'd want Wallace and AK personally. Portland might actually want Jefferson. He could make a lot of sense there.

They'll probably draft Knight/Walker and Miller is both out of the way faster than Harris and a better example to learn from as a pass first guy who is also a savvy vet. They also save money in the deal.

U think? If O'Conner is really taking the best player as he says than the big guy sounds like he would be hard to pass up and the fact that they are looking at guys not projected to be picked where they are picking there could still be a trade. Portland does seem like a possibility because they will throw cash. The one thing that the Jazz always seem to be seeking in any deal.

Portland could use a guy like Milsap
Who couldn't?

An upgrade from using Wallace at PF or some of the scrubs they played last year.
Not sure about that. Wallace is effective anywhere you play him. The only reason u don't want him at the 4 is because of the beating he takes.

Harris is a guy they've long wanted and fits for them at the PG spot opposite Matthews and Roy. Portland has Batum to use at SF and they won't miss the scoring differential due to adding MIlsap/Harris.
They would miss Wallace in so many ways.

Nastradamus
05-31-2011, 10:41 AM
I don't know man, I think you are overvaluing Wallace a bit, or maybe underrating how Portland feels about Batum. I think if they could fill their PG hole and play a Batum/Milsap combination for Wallace's minutes, they'd be thrilled. I'm not saying Wallace isn't valuable or won't be missed at all, but you have to give something to get something and they certainly get something.

Not so sure Milsap is the best player on Utah by any means. Even if he is, that's not a recipe for success. He didn't have a great year and he doesn't fit well with Jefferson. Jefferson gives you a little more size and length up front and I think if you keep him at PF he'll be very good for you, next to FAvors/Okur,both of whom compliment his game well. You get Wallace and you make Jefferson a better player, so whether Milsap was your "best player" is kind of irrelevant. I don't see AK back if Wallace is. They want to give Hayward some SF minutes too, which might mean Wallace still has to play 4 here and there and take a little beating.

O'Connor might take a big I guess, but Knight's stock seems to be going up significantly and he and Walker both have the intangibles and shooting that Harris lacks. They just went out and got Favors and they can get a solid big at 12. I think at this point they'll probably go with Knight and someone like Markieff Morris or Tristan Thompson at 12. They could also go Valanciuans/Kanter with Fredette at 12.

Xiao Yao You
06-01-2011, 12:25 AM
I think you are overvaluing Wallace a bit, or maybe underrating how Portland feels about Batum.
The trade for Wallace was off. They threw in another 1st round pick to make it happen. Apparently something no one else was ready to do. He's their 2nd best player now, in his prime and a perfect fit there. They love Batum but he is young and can play with Wallace. They love him so much he was benched in favor of Wallace.

I think if they could fill their PG hole and play a Batum/Milsap combination for Wallace's minutes, they'd be thrilled.
Sure if the pg was a better player than Wallace. They already have their pg position filled.

I'm not saying Wallace isn't valuable or won't be missed at all, but you have to give something to get something and they certainly get something.
They get a lesser player in Harris and a back-up in Millsap. Don't see it.

Not so sure Milsap is the best player on Utah by any means.
Who is? He was their 2nd best player when Boozer was there and Okur was healthy as far as I'm concerned.

Even if he is, that's not a recipe for success. He didn't have a great year and he doesn't fit well with Jefferson.
He had a nice year and would have done better if they didn't get someone to play alongside him that does basically the same thing.

Jefferson gives you a little more size and length up front
Who cares? He's not as good.

I think if you keep him at PF he'll be very good for you
He'll put up numbers. More to the game than that though. Besides he's highly overpaid.

next to FAvors/Okur,both of whom compliment his game well.
Okur might never play again and is also highly overpaid and one dimensional. Is Favors future at the 5 and is it now?

You get Wallace and you make Jefferson a better player, so whether Milsap was your "best player" is kind of irrelevant.
It's all about talent so I don't think it's irrelevant.

I don't see AK back if Wallace is.
I don't either but I don't see Wallace coming as much as I'd love to have him. They should have gave up the picks to get him if they had a clue.

d they can get a solid big at 12.
Solid isn't what they need. They've never had a great center. It's time for a huge upgrade.

They could also go Valanciuans/Kanter with Fredette at 12.
Kanter sounds like the way to go to me.

Nastradamus
06-01-2011, 11:21 AM
- Favors is going to get his chance after being the centerpiece of the deal for your franchise player. you don't throw away Deron Williams for nothing.

- The Blazers do not feel like they have their PG. They like Miller, but might not even pick up his option and have been said to be interested in Harris multiple times. He is younger, faster and better overall.

- Wallace is the best player in the deal, but you get 2 quality impact players for him basically. You get younger too. They like Wallace better than Batum, mostly due to his scoring, but my point was that it is a minor downgrade in return for 2 upgrades. Milsap won't necessarily be on the bench either. He'd have a pretty good shot to start next to LA with Oden/Camby off the bench. Something like that at least.

- If you keep playing Wallace at the 4, he's going to end up hurt again.

- You might only get a solid big at 12 and that might not be what you prefer, but you aren't getting a franchise big at 3 and you aren't replacing Favors before he has even had a shot.

Random question, if Sap is kept, would you do a deal based around Rip Hamilton for Al Jefferson?

Xiao Yao You
06-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Favors is going to get his chance after being the centerpiece of the deal for your franchise player. you don't throw away Deron Williams for nothing.

You don't trade your best player and best contract to do that though. They did throw Deron away. Took the 2nd offer without shopping him.

The Blazers do not feel like they have their PG. They like Miller, but might not even pick up his option and have been said to be interested in Harris multiple times. He is younger, faster and better overall.

He's younger and faster but his best ball appears to already be behind him. Better? All Miller does is win everywhere he goes. I'd love to trade pg's with them. I'd love Wallace too but I'd be looking to shop Jefferson and Okur before I'd be trading Millsap.

Wallace is the best player in the deal

Millsap is comparable but he'd be on the bench in Portland(might be in Utah too as crazy as that is)

You get younger too.

Do they need to get younger again?

They like Wallace better than Batum, mostly due to his scoring, but my point was that it is a minor downgrade in return for 2 upgrades.

Minor? What does Batum do better than Wallace other than shooting 3's?

Milsap won't necessarily be on the bench either. He'd have a pretty good shot to start next to LA with Oden/Camby off the bench. Something like that at least.

They don't want Aldridge at the 5 if they can help it.

If you keep playing Wallace at the 4, he's going to end up hurt again.

Sure but he's a player wherever he plays.

You might only get a solid big at 12 and that might not be what you prefer, but you aren't getting a franchise big at 3 and you aren't replacing Favors before he has even had a shot.

Who's talking about replacing him? Jazz have no center! They don't need a solid 4. It's the one thing they don't need. They need to trade one of them they already have and it should be Jefferson. Why they ever got him when they had Millsap is beyond me.

Random question, if Sap is kept, would you do a deal based around Rip Hamilton for Al Jefferson?

You certainly have to consider it if it's the best deal you can get for Jefferson. Rip is a good fit.

Xiao Yao You
06-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Sounds like Monta Ellis is available. He'd certainly be worth going after. The go to guy star caliber player they are missing. Would be the best 2 they've had outside Pistol.

Xiao Yao You
06-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Chris Mannix: Deal with Rubio likely means Jonny Flynn will be on the move. (http://*********.com/twitter_media.html) Rubio will be given every chance to start, play big minutes. Twitter (http://*********.com/twitter_media.html)

If there was any truth to the rumors of him to Utah?

Nastradamus
06-03-2011, 03:46 PM
It will cost you Favors I imagine. Maybe something based around Favors and Bell? GS gets the young defensive big they want and saves money. Utah gets a top end scorer without giving up anyone they hugely depend on.

also going off my Wallace trade idea above, there was an interesting idea posed on Hoopsworld that was similar. Batum and Miller for Harris and Bell. Portland keeps Wallace, still gets HArris.

Xiao Yao You
06-03-2011, 08:53 PM
It will cost you Favors I imagine. Maybe something based around Favors and Bell? GS gets the young defensive big they want and saves money. Utah gets a top end scorer without giving up anyone they hugely depend on.

They have this year's 3rd ,the other lottery and GS and their own picks next year too which could both be good as well. Only problem with that deal is you're not supposed to trade bigs for little guys but again you'd have to consider it getting a proven go-to guy and the fact that the game is about little guys that can get to the rim rather than dominating bigs now anyway. They might be interested in Miles/Haywood more than Bell too.

also going off my Wallace trade idea above, there was an interesting idea posed on Hoopsworld that was similar. Batum and Miller for Harris and Bell. Portland keeps Wallace, still gets HArris.

I just saw where Portland might actually consider trading Batum now. Not sure Harris is enough to get it done for them though. Jazz would probably have to give up a young prospect in that one too.

Nastradamus
06-05-2011, 12:09 PM
They have this year's 3rd ,the other lottery and GS and their own picks next year too which could both be good as well. Only problem with that deal is you're not supposed to trade bigs for little guys but again you'd have to consider it getting a proven go-to guy and the fact that the game is about little guys that can get to the rim rather than dominating bigs now anyway. They might be interested in Miles/Haywood more than Bell too.

I just saw where Portland might actually consider trading Batum now. Not sure Harris is enough to get it done for them though. Jazz would probably have to give up a young prospect in that one too.

Not sure Harris is enough? Pretty sure it would be a question the other way around. Is Batum enough to get Harris.

as far as the Elliss deal I mentioned, Bell was a salary throw in, not someone they would desire. Utah would have to decide if they felt they could get a replacement C for Favors in the draft.

Xiao Yao You
06-05-2011, 01:08 PM
They aren't looking to deal Batum. If they did it would have to be for more than a bad contract and a guy past his prime.

The Jazz would have to decide if they want a proven go to guy over potential in the Ellis deal.

El Kabong
06-06-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm a fan of Ellis, but wouldn't the Jazz have the same problem that the Warriors had which is they'd be too small in the backcourt?

Xiao Yao You
06-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I think the size of their backcourt is the worst of their problems.

I would have agreed with you a few years back. but there are a lot more small shooting guards today than there were. It's all about star power and he's a legit go-to guy just hitting his stride. After Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Wade and Carmelo he's as good as it gets the past couple years. Maybe they can find a bigger point guard to play alongside him in time too though that's the hardest thing to come by.

Nastradamus
06-07-2011, 03:13 PM
They aren't looking to deal Batum. If they did it would have to be for more than a bad contract and a guy past his prime.

The Jazz would have to decide if they want a proven go to guy over potential in the Ellis deal.

Nate Mcmillan has already said they need to clear out the wing spot a little. Rudy and probably Batum will be gone IMO. Wallace will be a pure 3(has repeatedly said he doesn't want to play 4) as he is a building block type if they keep him. They have also repeatedly gone after Harris. He is not considered a salary dump. Bell is just a throw in to make the money work. He is counted as zero value. A good way to even it out might be to take Bell out and do it like this

Batum,Babbitt and A.Miller for D.Harris and G.Hayward. I think Portland would be plenty willing to do this trade if Utah was.

Harris is in his prime and fits in a backcourt with either Roy or Matthews/Fernandez. He fits the athletic, defensive mold Portland looks for. His ability to play off ball unlike Miller will be key. He is 7 years younger than Miller, a better defender and a better overall player. They want someone who can hang with guys like Westbrook and Rose. Hayward's shooting stroke would be a nice compliment to Wallace at the 3. He looks a lot more likely to be an NBA player than Babbitt.

Nastradamus
06-07-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm a fan of Ellis, but wouldn't the Jazz have the same problem that the Warriors had which is they'd be too small in the backcourt?

Yah, you can't really work Harris and Monta together. You'd have to flip Harris to a 3rd team in the deal. Harris,Favors for Monta, Harris for some sort of SG with size. Draft Knight at 5 to play with him. He has pretty good size and length. Darius Morris/Malcolm Lee would be even better but 12 is arguably too early.

Xiao Yao You
06-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Nate Mcmillan has already said they need to clear out the wing spot a little. Rudy and probably Batum will be gone
Maybe but Harris is the best they can do? Roy's the one to go if they can pull it off.

Wallace will be a pure 3
Ideally yes but when everyone is hurt again they'll play him where they have to.

(has repeatedly said he doesn't want to play 4)
What he wants won't matter if they need him up front.

They have also repeatedly gone after Harris.
They might want him but at what price? Maybe they could have got him before the Jazz if they'd wanted to pay the right price?

He is not considered a salary dump.
To the Jazz he should be.

Bell is just a throw in to make the money work. He is counted as zero value.
He'd be a nice vet at the end of the bench not in his role with the Jazz.

A good way to even it out might be to take Bell out and do it like this

Batum,Babbitt and A.Miller for D.Harris and G.Hayward. I think Portland would be plenty willing to do this trade if Utah was.
Now that makes a lot more sense for the Jazz and Portland might do it if they get Hayward too. Jazz might want one of their 2 young pgs, or Rudy or the British big they have in Europe though.

Harris is in his prime
Age wise he should be but he peaked 3 years ago. Hasn't approached it sense.

His ability to play off ball unlike Miller will be key. He is 7 years younger than Miller, a better defender and a better overall player.
That's very arguable. He's younger but already declining. He is better defensively but all Andre does is win.

Hayward's shooting stroke would be a nice compliment to Wallace at the 3.
Assuming he can guard anyone.

He looks a lot more likely to be an NBA player than Babbitt.

He should.

Yah, you can't really work Harris and Monta together.
I'd take Harris and Monta together over Harris and anyone else the Jazz have. The Jazz look like the worst team in the league right now. You can get a player like Ellis you don't worry about having a small backcourt.

Nastradamus
06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
If you expected Harris to be a superstar, he's probably some sort of dissapointment, but if you just want a top 15 starting Pg in this league, there you have it. There aren't many better veteran options out there. He's better than the Felton,Sessions types that are on the marekt right now. He may have had an outlier year a few years back, but he's a solid bet every night for 16-7 with good D. Unlikely to decline before his contract ends.

BTW,what has Miller won again? He's a good playmaker and I like him, but I feel Portland wants to go another direction from both him and Batum(who not only duplicates Wallace but Matthews).

Hayward doesn't have to guard much of anyone to back up Wallace. Just be Mile Miller for me or whatever. to be a starter he needs to defend better, but I think he can honestly. I only made the point that he was better than Babbitt to better illustrate the trade value.

Of course Wallace will play the 4 if asked, he's a true pro. Doesn't mean its best for the team, which should be the main concern of Portland's GM. Field the best team possible. Wallace at the 4 is not your best team.

I just think in the end you undervalue Harris. He might be a guy Utah would like out of the way since they are rebuilding, but he has value around the league and they cannot give him away. You can get a good asset for him.

Oh, and Portland would get rid of Roy if they could but they can't.

Xiao Yao You
06-08-2011, 01:53 PM
if you just want a top 15 starting Pg in this league, there you have it. There aren't many better veteran options out there. He's better than the Felton,Sessions types that are on the marekt right now.

Considering that pg has become the premier position in the league it's certainly arguable as to rather he is top 15 or better than Felton for that matter.

what has Miller won again?

Denver and Philly were much better with him than without him. George Karl certainly preferred him to AI. He makes his teams better. Harris certainly hasn't shown that. So that means more than any stats or accolades or contracts, etc. to me.

Doesn't mean its best for the team, which should be the main concern of Portland's GM. Field the best team possible. Wallace at the 4 is not your best team.

And I'm sure they don't plan on him being there just as they didn't plan on Roy's career being derailed early or Oden being hurt or Aldridge playing in the middle, etc.

I just think in the end you undervalue Harris. He might be a guy Utah would like out of the way since they are rebuilding, but he has value around the league and they cannot give him away. You can get a good asset for him.

He's overvalued at 10 million plus a year. I never said they can't get something for him. They better after what they gave up for him. Just don't see Portland giving up Wallace for him.

Portland would get rid of Roy if they could but they can't.

Never say never as the Arenas/Lewis deal proved once again.

Nastradamus
06-08-2011, 04:33 PM
It is not debatable whether Raymond Felton is better than him, by any measure.

9-10 mil is a very fair price for a quality starting PG. Jose Calderon is overvalued at that price, Kirk Hinrich is overvalued at that price. Harris is worth that money. I'm not even a huge Harris fan, but you are downgrading him too much. Premier position or not, he's still a very good starter.

Denver wasn't much different with Iverson or Miller. I do like Miller, I just think Portland wants something different from the position.

I'm talking about getting Batum for him now

Again, yes, they will play Wallace there is something unplanned happens. That doesn't change what their plans will be. For that reason, Batum has to be available. I can't imagien what you would shoot for that is more than Harris. You aren't getting Chris Paul for him.

Xiao Yao You
06-08-2011, 09:19 PM
It is not debatable whether Raymond Felton is better than him, by any measure.

Sure it is. They're in the same range

9-10 mil is a very fair price for a quality starting PG. Jose Calderon is overvalued at that price, Kirk Hinrich is overvalued at that price. Harris is worth that money. I'm not even a huge Harris fan, but you are downgrading him too much. Premier position or not, he's still a very good starter.

I'd put these guys in the same range too. Calderon like Harris had an all-star type year once. Hinrich isn't really a pg so as a bench player he can't get enough minutes to earn that money and he's too short to start at the 2 but for the Hawks he was able to start at the one because the ball was in JJ and Crawford's hands and he could play off the ball so he can play big minutes and is arguably worth the money if you think borderline starters are worth that kind of money which all these guys are. Harris was at his best as a role player in Dallas. I'd say Calderon is a better fit for Utah tooC

I just think Portland wants something different from the position.

Great! Maybe Harris is better for them? Andre would certainly be better for the Jazz both as a player and a contract.

Again, yes, they will play Wallace there is something unplanned happens. That doesn't change what their plans will be. For that reason, Batum has to be available.

Why does he have to be available? Batum is very young still. Wallace is called Crash for a reason. Him, Camby and Roy will miss time. That's a given regardless of Oden(who still sounds far away even if he ever stays healthy) . There's still plenty of minutes to go around.

I can't imagine what you would shoot for that is more than Harris. You aren't getting Chris Paul for him.

That's why I don't see them trading Wallace for him.

Xiao Yao You
06-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Iguodala is available ... and if they could get in the Top 3, they would be able to add a big man. I think the Sixers regret passing on Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins in last year's draft. (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38910) This could help rectify it. I'd have serious interest if I were the Jazz or Cavs. Iguodala is under rated. Warriors and Clippers have also been trying to get him. If the Sixers are at 16, most likely they go big with a guy like Tristan Thompson, Markieff Morris or Nikola Vucevic. Kenneth Faried is also a possibility here.

Xiao Yao You
06-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Teams are telling me that trade talk really started picking up on Tuesday. Cavs are looking at potential deals using the No. 4 pick and either Baron Davis or Ramon Sessions. Jazz looking for deals. Would be open to discussing Paul Millsap or Devin Harris (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38910).

k-SkiLLz
06-17-2011, 10:52 PM
If anyone has a better list of this years free agent class, please post.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-11-12

Jimmer Fredette ;)

Xiao Yao You
06-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Not looking to likely. He appears to be moving up.

bletchley
06-28-2011, 09:27 PM
this trade seems very fair for each team , isn't it ?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3eewu4x

Xiao Yao You
06-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Doesn't make sense for anyone involved. No one other than Orlando wants Hedo. Bulls need a two guard and they give up two that played well for them for one that is done. Jefferson would just clog up the middle in Orlando where they already have Howard.

bletchley
06-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Doesn't make sense for anyone involved. No one other than Orlando wants Hedo. Bulls need a two guard and they give up two that played well for them for one that is done. Jefferson would just clog up the middle in Orlando where they already have Howard.

we all know he feeds big guys and he can make kanter-favors better and utah doesn't have a good passer like him
orlando should make some changes in their team , it is obvious so al-howard would be great in inside and they already have j-rich , reddick arenas nelson q-rich outside i think that trade would make them a better team ..
chicago obviously need another pg and duhon fits here i guess and raja bell would be a good addition to their team ..

Xiao Yao You
06-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Utah has plenty of guys that can pass that don't have his crappy contract. He might be a good fit if not for the contract and the fact he has failed in both Toronto and Phoenix since signing it.

Orlando has made plenty of changes. Maybe they need to let them get used to each other 1st?Jefferson and Howard together doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'd take Watson over Duhon and his crappy contract myself. I can't see them wanting the washed up Bell over what they already have either.

Xiao Yao You
06-30-2011, 10:22 AM
C.J. Miles is sticking around. The Jazz picked up his $3.7 million team option for the 2011-12 season on Wednesday. (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/52099932-62/jazz-season-corbin-utah.html.csp) He would have become an unrestricted free agent if Utah declined the option. "Thank all the fans for the support and the organization for belief that [I] can help this team. ... Now I'm back to work," Miles said on his Twitter account. Salt Lake Tribune (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/52099932-62/jazz-season-corbin-utah.html.csp)

Certainly doesn't mean he's sticking around. Hayward and Burks make him very expendable.
(http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/52099932-62/jazz-season-corbin-utah.html.csp)

Xiao Yao You
07-22-2011, 03:19 AM
Jorge Sierra: Former Thunder guard Kyle Weaver is going to Alba Berlin of Germany, ********* has learned (http://*********.com/twitter/players.html). Twitter (http://*********.com/twitter/players.html)