PDA

View Full Version : ESPNNY: Denver wants Felton in Melo trade

Rekindled
02-10-2011, 06:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=smith_stephen&id=6109026

"According to league sources, the Nuggets have inquired about the Knicks' willingness to let go of Raymond Felton in a potential deal that would allow Denver to unload Chauncey Billups' contract. The Knicks, obviously, have balked on numerous occasions, no doubt thinking their patience will pay off come summertime, since everyone knows New York is where Melo wants to be. This is what prevented Anthony from arriving in the mecca months ago."

Naruto-sama
02-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Are they planning on starting Felton at SG? Denver needs to give Lawson more playing time or trade him. He's a very talented player but they keep holding him down.

And Chauncey said he wants to retire a Nugget but i doubt thats happening.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-10-2011, 06:23 PM
wait I thought Melo said he was gonna resign

WTF:mad: :banghead: :banghead:

Stuckey
02-10-2011, 06:25 PM
why, they have lawson who is better

Miami2010Champs
02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
knicks should do it.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-10-2011, 06:27 PM
knicks should do it.

YEAH and get Deron Williams or CP3 in 2012:bowdown: :bowdown:

Miami2010Champs
YEAH and get Deron Williams or CP3 in 2012:bowdown: :bowdown:

repped:rockon:

VishaltotheG
STOP POSTING MELO RUMORS FOR THE ****ING LOVE OF GOD. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

knickscity
02-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm thinking nothing happens now.

This is getting pathetic.

bagelred
02-10-2011, 06:33 PM
I was the source of this rumor. My bad, guys.....I didn't think Boussard would take me seriously. :confusedshrug:

VishaltotheG
02-10-2011, 06:39 PM
BREAKING ****ING NEWS: MELO IS GOING TO MINNESOTA. HE THINKS MICKAEL ****IN BEASLEY IS SUPER COOL TO HAVE AS A TEAMMATE.

niko
02-10-2011, 06:39 PM
The Knicks should sit on their crap ass offer till the trading deadline, then throw one more piece in. Denver is so badly run it's not even funny. I know the Denver fans will kill me but i'm not saying they need to send him to us, but they need to figure out what they want. THey dragged the Nets out endlessly asking for one more piece, one more piece. They asked the Knicks for Felton? Really? He's not a cheap piece, and he's a piece that we obviously can't give up. Why not ask for Amare too?

Eat Like A Bosh
02-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Denver, you can't just ask teams to give up whole farms for Melo. With your expectations so high, no teams going to want Melo if it's to break apart their own team.

Pointguard
02-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah right, they should throw in Nene.

Rekindled
02-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Denver, you can't just ask teams to give up whole farms for Melo. With your expectations so high, no teams going to want Melo if it's to break apart their own team.

er, i would trade felton along with gallo and chandler for melo.

Y2Gezee
02-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I love how people think Melo is legitimately contemplating staying with Denver for the money after his latest comments, or at least the media is spinning people to think that.

Those comments about re-signing in Denver IMO mean nothing other than Melo not caring about the extra 15-25 million dollars over the entirety of the deal, that may not matter anyways as even current contracts may be reduced after the new CBA.

He has a team that he can do well with this season in Denver, and then he can just sign with NY in the offseason without the Knicks having to give anybody up. They can use the pieces that it would take to trade for Melo around Melo/Felton/Amare, or trade them for whatever else they needed such as more rebounding and interior defense.

If Melo walks into a contending situation in NY, rather than be a few years away, the endorsements will outweight the losses in his contract. That's why Melo holds the cards, and since NY is where he wants to go...why NY holds the cards over Denver.

New York Knicks
02-10-2011, 07:01 PM
My dreams are coming true.

knickscity
02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
That sounds good but nothing will surprise me at this point.

crisoner
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
LOL

So this hold up is all because the Knicks will not throw in Felton? lol
Sure....

I guess the Nuggets are that dumb and the Knicks are that stingy.

bagelred
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Negotiation I'm guessing isn't your strong suit. C'mon Rekindled, you're better than that.

On another topic, I really want to punch SAS in the face hard. Is that wrong? I think it's ok.

TheStarting5ive
02-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm sick of this sh*t...

New York Knicks
02-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Denver's gonna BS around until the last minute trying to get the Knicks to say no so that they can con Melo into thinking nobody wants him bad enough. I'm willing to bet that they take the current Chandler/Curry/pick offer right before the deadline.

dbugz
02-10-2011, 07:10 PM
If true, then Knicks should do it.

And try to get Brooks from HOU who's reportedly on the shopping list.

NuggetsFan
02-10-2011, 07:14 PM
The Knicks should sit on their crap ass offer till the trading deadline, then throw one more piece in. Denver is so badly run it's not even funny. I know the Denver fans will kill me but i'm not saying they need to send him to us, but they need to figure out what they want. THey dragged the Nets out endlessly asking for one more piece, one more piece. They asked the Knicks for Felton? Really? He's not a cheap piece, and he's a piece that we obviously can't give up. Why not ask for Amare too?

Not going to argue that Denver isn't stupid because great chance they are. Same time we really don't know what's happening. Not sure why Denver wants Felton really doesn't make much sense. It is just a source so it's not 100% accurate obviously but I'm lost if Denver's after Felton.

Either way nobody knows what Denver's thinking or what they have going on right now. I'll wait until after the deadline to make my judgment on the situation. Heck Melo's came out twice now saying extension is the most important thing and now he has to consider looking at Denver's offer. I know it's obviously bullshit about staying in Denver but Denver could just be waiting and waiting to find out how important that extension is.

Not to mention Melo's got to be sweating considering the Knicks won't give anybody up. I'm sure that extension is probably looking better and better by the day seeing as how it's perfectly realistic possibility Denver won't get something done with NY before the deadline. Than he has to worry about the lockout\new CBA. Cause there's NO WAY Denver does a sign and trade to help NY in the offseason like what Miami did.

Anyways there's been a ridiculous amount of sources. Not to stir up old convo's but I find it weird you take this source as fact but when a source came out saying it was Denver who backed out of the original deal with NJ and than NJ backed out of the last one and had nothing to do with Melo and signing the extension you didn't believe it and formed your own opinion? Just curious, find it weird to believe this source but than completely shut down another one.

NuggetsFan
02-10-2011, 07:20 PM
I love how people think Melo is legitimately contemplating staying with Denver for the money after his latest comments, or at least the media is spinning people to think that.

Those comments about re-signing in Denver IMO mean nothing other than Melo not caring about the extra 15-25 million dollars over the entirety of the deal, that may not matter anyways as even current contracts may be reduced after the new CBA.

He has a team that he can do well with this season in Denver, and then he can just sign with NY in the offseason without the Knicks having to give anybody up. They can use the pieces that it would take to trade for Melo around Melo/Felton/Amare, or trade them for whatever else they needed such as more rebounding and interior defense.

If Melo walks into a contending situation in NY, rather than be a few years away, the endorsements will outweight the losses in his contract. That's why Melo holds the cards, and since NY is where he wants to go...why NY holds the cards over Denver.

There is no way current contracts are reduced in the CBA. You actually think the players union would go for that? If that's what the league was after prepare to not see basketball for a long time. Melo's been on record saying he believes there will be a lockout. Also on record saying he's signing the extension no matter what happens. Just recently saying because of the extension he'll have to take a long hard look at Denver.

I agree it's just smoke screens and no chance he stays in Denver. Same time that extension is extremely important to him clearly. Nuggets can't seem to get what they want for Melo. Melo can just sign out right in the summer with NY. So why the fuss here? It was Melo's camp who pushed Denver to trade him. Why's that I wonder? Because guy's want's his guaranteed like what 65mll no risks.

niko
02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Not going to argue that Denver isn't stupid because great chance they are. Same time we really don't know what's happening. Not sure why Denver wants Felton really doesn't make much sense. It is just a source so it's not 100% accurate obviously but I'm lost if Denver's after Felton.

Either way nobody knows what Denver's thinking or what they have going on right now. I'll wait until after the deadline to make my judgment on the situation. Heck Melo's came out twice now saying extension is the most important thing and now he has to consider looking at Denver's offer. I know it's obviously bullshit about staying in Denver but Denver could just be waiting and waiting to find out how important that extension is.

Not to mention Melo's got to be sweating considering the Knicks won't give anybody up. I'm sure that extension is probably looking better and better by the day seeing as how it's perfectly realistic possibility Denver won't get something done with NY before the deadline. Than he has to worry about the lockout\new CBA. Cause there's NO WAY Denver does a sign and trade to help NY in the offseason like what Miami did.

Anyways there's been a ridiculous amount of sources. Not to stir up old convo's but I find it weird you take this source as fact but when a source came out saying it was Denver who backed out of the original deal with NJ and than NJ backed out of the last one and had nothing to do with Melo and signing the extension you didn't believe it and formed your own opinion? Just curious, find it weird to believe this source but than completely shut down another one.
Good point on taking this as fact but let's say it's 100% fabricated, i still think my point stands. It doesn't seem like Denver has put out real wish lists to teams, it seems like everyone has moving targets. Unless everything is totally false and Denver is moving in this smart coherent manner that is 100% against what we heard. But we can't discss things we don't know...

Fransesca on WFAN said knick sources told him they have not received even one first "Wish list" from Denver on what it would take. They said the things SAS said about the KNicks rejecting Denver's requset on Gallo is incorrect because they haven't indicated even one time what they want.

Take it for what it's worth..

Bigsmoke
02-10-2011, 08:41 PM
i really do not know why they want Felton.

knickscity
02-10-2011, 08:49 PM
i really do not know why they want Felton.
Half the price of Billups, same years.

Plus the luxury tax is lower, having Failton as the cheaper player.

Blue&Orange
02-10-2011, 08:55 PM
unload Billups contract to who? To another team? To the Knicks? I don't get... if they want to unload it to the Knicks, my god that would be jackpot for the Knicks... Billups >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Felton, it's not even close, and their contracts end in the same year.

This rumor doesn't make sense one bit.

NuggetsFan
02-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Good point on taking this as fact but let's say it's 100% fabricated, i still think my point stands. It doesn't seem like Denver has put out real wish lists to teams, it seems like everyone has moving targets. Unless everything is totally false and Denver is moving in this smart coherent manner that is 100% against what we heard. But we can't discss things we don't know...

Fransesca on WFAN said knick sources told him they have not received even one first "Wish list" from Denver on what it would take. They said the things SAS said about the KNicks rejecting Denver's requset on Gallo is incorrect because they haven't indicated even one time what they want.

True. Sadly I do have a feeling Denver is\are messing this up. But nowadays with sources and what not it makes you feel like you know what's going on. Like right now it has us believing Denver wants like Chandler\Felton + 5 draft picks(remember that article?lol) and who knows Denver could be flat out stupid and could be true or they could have a completely different plan in place.

Either way interesting to see how this whole situation plays out. Seems like Denver is going to hold that extension hostage and sweat Melo right out to the deadline.

Felton just makes no sense. You have Ty Lawson for the future and still on a rookie contract. Perfect situation for a rebuilding team. I don't know why but I have this strange feeling Karl is pushing the FO for pieces to compete. Don't think he wants to rebuild and that could really mess up Denver's long term future. Felton would basically mask Billups departure for a few years and Chandler\Harrington would be used to try and somewhat make up for the loss of Melo. Retarded idea.

Blue&Orange
02-10-2011, 09:03 PM

Melo should just sign the extension with the Nuggets and then start to score 5 points a game.

rezznor
02-10-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm sick of this sh*t...

well, get used to it. unless something changes with the CBA we are going to be seeing the same shit from dwight, CP, deron williams....

i for one would welcome a franchise tag so teams can actually keep the stars they draft.

asero
02-10-2011, 09:14 PM
What ever Melo wants, he would get

knickscity
02-10-2011, 09:29 PM

I take it for bullshit. Denver has told them what they want.

They playing hard because the trade deadline is not up yet.

Why you think they deal mirrors what Denver wants.

It's just a low ball deal right now.

Chandler ( the young talent)

Curry ( the expirer)

AR (the draft pick)

It's a low offer but they Knicks know damn well what Denver wants.

They want Denver to say what players specifically and that won't happen until the trade deadline.

christian1923
02-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Billups-melo-amare, thats pretty solid

knickscity
02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Billups-melo-amare, thats pretty solid
it is....

christian1923
02-10-2011, 09:43 PM
it is....

They'll be fun as hell to watch in the postseason! hope this goes down

bagelred
02-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Billups-melo-amare-mozgov, thats pretty solid

Fixed

Clutch
02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
So,we wouldn't only get Melo,we would also get Billups and get rid of Felton ?

I'm ok with that.

I don't how good Billups is at running the offense but I really doubt he can be worse than Felton.

knickscity
02-10-2011, 10:06 PM
So,we wouldn't only get Melo,we would also get Billups and get rid of Felton ?

I'm ok with that.

I don't how good Billups is at running the offense but I really doubt he can be worse than Felton.
He knows his role.

He doesn't do anything he isn't capable of.

He is a smart player.

He along with Melo and Stat are playoff tested.

We'd have Billups and Melo who can post up.

Man I'm loving this.

It will force D'antoni to coach properly or get out of town.

I'm loving that.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
02-10-2011, 10:11 PM
If you're the Knicks that's done. Sell high on Felton.

Clutch
02-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Man I'm loving this.

It will force D'antoni to coach properly or get out of town.

I'm loving that.

That means that D'Antoni would soon get out of town :lol

lilWesleyJ4
02-10-2011, 10:14 PM
:facepalm

1_BAD_TIGER
02-10-2011, 10:19 PM

Lawson will one day be better, he's still learning. He made a bad decision at the end of last nights game.

The Choken One
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
well, get used to it. unless something changes with the CBA we are going to be seeing the same shit from dwight, CP, deron williams....

i for one would welcome a franchise tag so teams can actually keep the stars they draft.

Excellent point...why doesn't the NBA have franchise tags? Works rather well for the NFL.... I'm not really looking to deep into it...but I don't see any big downfalls.

Fyi...Felton is actually a decent PG. He's also young and cheap, I don't know if I'd want to give him up either if I was NY.

knickscity
02-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Fyi...Felton is actually a decent PG. He's also young and cheap, I don't know if I'd want to give him up either if I was NY.
You must don't watch the Knicks at all.

I have tried to take up for Failton (yup), and have killed myself.

Dude cannot run an offense and can't shoot well enough to take the big shot.

He has no court vision at all.

I can go on and on.....

DStebb716
02-10-2011, 10:30 PM

Lmao. Based on what evidence?

And those saying trade Felton and get CP3 of Williams in 2012: Felton comes off the books that offseason for a reason. :D

Story Up
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
ESPN just reported Anthony to LA for Odom, Brown, Cash and future considerations. I'm going to miss Odom, our bench is now dead basically.

knickscity
02-10-2011, 10:33 PM

And those saying trade Felton and get CP3 of Williams in 2012: Felton comes off the books that offseason for a reason. :D
So does Chauncey.

The Choken One
02-10-2011, 10:34 PM

I can't see DWill playing for the Knicks. But I can definitely see CP3, not saying he will though. Knicks fans are wayyyy to optimistic. A lot of opportunities are going to come up for these players, just like they did for LeBron, and we all know how that worked out for the Knicks.

Be happy with Felton, dude's a pretty good PG.

Clutch
02-10-2011, 10:34 PM
ESPN just reported Anthony to LA for Odom, Brown, Cash and future considerations. I'm going to miss Odom, our bench is now dead basically.
Link ?

For some reason I don't trust you.

Spue
02-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Fixed
How could he forget the goat:bowdown:

The Choken One
02-10-2011, 10:38 PM
You must don't watch the Knicks at all.

I have tried to take up for Failton (yup), and have killed myself.

Dude cannot run an offense and can't shoot well enough to take the big shot.

He has no court vision at all.

I can go on and on.....

You're right... I don't see the Knicks all that often, but I do watch them when they're on National T.V. But he's putting up pretty decent numbers...

~42% 9.0 Assists and roughly 17 ppg... those are relatively solid numbers. Obviously not going to match up against the top top PG's of the league, but that's a solid starter if you were to ask me...

Clutch
02-10-2011, 10:43 PM
You're right... I don't see the Knicks all that often, but I do watch them when they're on National T.V. But he's putting up pretty decent numbers...

~42% 9.0 Assists and roughly 17 ppg... those are relatively solid numbers. Obviously not going to match up against the top top PG's of the league, but that's a solid starter if you were to ask me...

Those numbers are overrated.
He has 9 assists per game but he plays in fast paced team and he plays a lot of minutes.
Man can't pass.
He doesn't play pick and roll,he doesn't pass unless player is wide open.

He has no idea how to run offense.

Not to mention that he often takes stupid shots.

The Choken One
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Those numbers are overrated.
He has 9 assists per game but he plays in fast paced team and he plays a lot of minutes.
Man can't pass.
He doesn't play pick and roll,he doesn't pass unless player is wide open.

He has no idea how to run offense.

Not to mention that he often takes stupid shots.

I must admit I do recall seeing a few of his hero 3-point attempts that had me thinking what he's thinking.

Sarcastic
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
At this point I don't care who the Knicks give up to get Melo except for Amar'e, as long as they don't let this opportunity slip through their fingers.

iDunk
02-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm a Knick fan, but not the typical Knick fan.

The typical Knick fan would rip on a player that plays for the Knicks and has a slump. The typical Knick fan would expect 50% shooting nights every night from that Knick player. Everytime that Knick player would make a mistake the typical Knick fan would jump on the "trade his ass" bandwaggon.

I agree that D'Antoni should not be the coach of the Knicks.
I agree that Chandler and Gallo should be given away in a heartbeat to land someone like Melo.
I disagree that Felton isn't the man to run this team, he is the typical NY swagger PG who is never afraid to take a shot because he is confident in the skills he possesses. He can't run an offense? Yeah that's why he averages 9 assists per game, and has been putting up 12+ assists with only 3-4 TOs the past few games.

knickscity
02-10-2011, 11:08 PM

Clutch
02-10-2011, 11:16 PM
He can't run an offense? Yeah that's why he averages 9 assists per game, and has been putting up 12+ assists with only 3-4 TOs the past few games.
Please,WATCH THE GAMES.

And if you like stats so much I must tell you that Felton is 14th in assist percentage(not affected by pace).
Not very good,especially if you take the fact that Jameer Nelson is close behind him.

Felton can't run offense well.Period.

niko
02-11-2011, 01:04 AM
I think people are being a little harsh here. Felton has not been "awful". That's just not true. I don't think he's a long term solution but awful? Really? The Knicks would be awful if our PG was awful, what he is doing is not awful. It's just not efficient enough for waht we do on offense.

If they want us to take Billups, why not? Bagel, make me a trade where we do the minny thing and get Billups if you would. ill call denver up to present our offer...

JSmooth
02-11-2011, 01:36 AM
dream on denver

Scoooter
02-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Felton hasn't been awful all year, but he certainly has been lately. Like, 2011 lately. The pick and roll is the key, and he's struggling mightily with it.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Link ?

For some reason I don't trust you.
:oldlol:

SevereUpInHere
02-11-2011, 01:50 AM
I noticed at the start of the year, Felton couldn't run the pick and roll at all, I can't remember what game it was, but it was like a switch went off in his head and he seemed to have gotten it all together. That was when we started our winning streak. The last few games, no more than a few actually, it seems like he's gone back to not running the pick and roll anymore. I can't understand why D'Antoni isn't making us run it more often.

Scoooter
02-11-2011, 01:51 AM
I noticed at the start of the year, Felton couldn't run the pick and roll at all, I can't remember what game it was, but it was like a switch went off in his head and he seemed to have gotten it all together. That was when we started our winning streak. The last few games, no more than a few actually, it seems like he's gone back to not running the pick and roll anymore. I can't understand why D'Antoni isn't making us run it more often.
They set it up all the time, he just never finds the rolling big.

SevereUpInHere
02-11-2011, 01:58 AM
They set it up all the time, he just never finds the rolling big.

I don't understand what's changed. He had it all worked out, now he's just gone back to how he was at the start of the season.

bluechox2
02-11-2011, 03:02 AM
i would gladly take billups in exchange for felton if thats what it takes...
both have 2 years left, and we can trade billups for a chris or deron when that time arrives.

Scoooter
02-11-2011, 03:11 AM
I don't understand what's changed. He had it all worked out, now he's just gone back to how he was at the start of the season.
Dunno. He was never great at it, but he was certainly a lot better than he is now.

:confusedshrug:

Kingwillball
02-11-2011, 04:14 AM
BREAKING ****ING NEWS: MELO IS GOING TO MINNESOTA. HE THINKS MICKAEL ****IN BEASLEY IS SUPER COOL TO HAVE AS A TEAMMATE.

retard..he will be a Knick by deadline whether u like it or not..

Clutch
02-11-2011, 06:06 AM
I think people are being a little harsh here. Felton has not been "awful". That's just not true. I don't think he's a long term solution but awful? Really? The Knicks would be awful if our PG was awful, what he is doing is not awful. It's just not efficient enough for waht we do on offense.

If they want us to take Billups, why not? Bagel, make me a trade where we do the minny thing and get Billups if you would. ill call denver up to present our offer...
Did we say he is awful ?
No.
We just said he is not a good point guard for us.
He is solid point guard and we can use him for some time but this is not a long-term solution and everyone should know that.

Shep
02-11-2011, 06:32 AM
i would gladly take billups in exchange for felton if thats what it takes...
both have 2 years left, and we can trade billups for a chris or deron when that time arrives.
ya for sure. then mozgov for howard n then yall be set

bluechox2
02-11-2011, 06:57 AM
ya for sure. then mozgov for howard n then yall be set
:lol u speak a good game

midnight_show
02-11-2011, 07:36 AM

CLINICALLY INSANE.

Blue&Orange
02-11-2011, 08:15 AM
I disagree that Felton isn't the man to run this team, he is the typical NY swagger PG who is never afraid to take a shot because he is confident in the skills he possesses. He can't run an offense? Yeah that's why he averages 9 assists per game, and has been putting up 12+ assists with only 3-4 TOs the past few games.
Humm... well let me see if i pass the ball to Amare and 5 seconds latter after measuring his options he decides for a sucessful jumpshot i was credited for an assist i would have 9 assists per game also.

Felton is horrible, every point Amare gets, he have work for it, Felton is cleary feeding of Amare when should be the other way around, that's why he went from 5.6 assists to 9 assists per game.

I remember seeing this video in the off season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esjMpny3r44

and thinking it should have been a once in a lifetime thing, fact is i the WTF? moments Felton had this season have been more than enough.

I still remember how easily Lee was spoon fed by Duhon, i mean freaking Duhon.

Felton is a short SG impersonating a PG. He's probably the PG with worst passing skills i have seen playing for the Knicks. He doesn't do his job, he is only capable of passing to a clearly open guy, everytime time he tries something fancy, he fails miserably, see the attempted alley-oop to Mozgov in the last game, and by fancy i mean something that 95% of the PG's in this league are able to do.

Not hating on the man, his scoring have been very important, but he ain't no pg.

Felton can't do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r__A_t6QXY

About the pick n roll, to the guy that said he can't remember the game where Felton gotten all together, well you don't remember because it didn't happen. :oldlol:

Faberg
02-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Billups is playing better as of late. I'll probably might do that deal. Felton can't run the pick and roll for shit.

niko
02-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Did we say he is awful ?
No.
We just said he is not a good point guard for us.
He is solid point guard and we can use him for some time but this is not a long-term solution and everyone should know that.
you and a couple of other people are basically saying he can't do anything. Ok, not awful. Just REAL SUCKY.

you certainly aren't saying he's good but we can upgrade. If that's what you mean you might want to use less harsh adjectives.

Clutch
02-11-2011, 09:04 AM
you and a couple of other people are basically saying he can't do anything. Ok, not awful. Just REAL SUCKY.

you certainly aren't saying he's good but we can upgrade. If that's what you mean you might want to use less harsh adjectives.

He can do something.
He is a solid shooter(not Ray Allen kind of guy but not as bad as Rondo) and he can pass to an open man.(but everyone can do that)
He can drive to the basket and he is solid(I can say even good) at it.

What frustrate me most is that he doesn't play pick and roll.
We have Stoudemire on our team,he is one of the best(if not the best) players for pick and roll.
It's not easy to stop pick and roll but Felton doesn't use it,he just give ball to Stoudemire and let him do his thing.

He can't run offense,he doesn't make it easier for his teammates (that's what point guards should do,am I right ?),I don't want that kind of point guard.

Surely he isn't the worst point guard in the league but he isn't really among the best.
Average guy,nothing more,nothing less.

All Net
02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Denver are demanding alot from NY which they simply will not get.

Faberg
02-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Every time Felton sets up to do the pick and roll, players disrepectfully go under the screen. Why? It's because they know he's gonna most likely miss that shot. I thought he had it down in December, but that was a fluke.

lukekarts
02-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Felton
Curry
Azubuike
Chandler (or 1st via 3rd team)
Randolph (or 1st via 3rd team)

for Melo & Billups.

NY:

Billups / Fields / Melo / Amar'e / Turiaf - (Douglas / Mason / Walker / Gallinari / Mozgov)

Denver:

Felton / Afflalo / Chandler / Randolph / Nene - (Lawson / Smith / Harrington / KMart / Birdman.

Denver save $6m up front ($12m inc lux tax), get much younger with much more flexibility going forwards.

NY hit a home run and then look to add CP3 a year later, when Billups expires.

Clutch
02-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Felton
Curry
Azubuike
Chandler (or 1st via 3rd team)
Randolph (or 1st via 3rd team)

for Melo & Billups.

I'm ok with that trade.
It's actually Felton+Chandler for Billups+Melo.
Randolph,Azubuike and Curry don't play at all.

alenleomessi
02-11-2011, 09:21 AM
As i predicted... Andy Rautins is untouchable :pimp:

JohnnySic
02-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I want the Knicks to get Carmelo already so that Celtics/Knicks games will be more interesting and maybe even get a divisional rivalry going...

Clutch
02-11-2011, 09:37 AM
I want the Knicks to get Carmelo already so that Celtics/Knicks games will be more interesting and maybe even get a divisional rivalry going...
Last time it was interesting even without Melo.
You won 118-116 because Stoudemire's three pointer didn't count.

JohnnySic
02-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Last time it was interesting even without Melo.
You won 118-116 because Stoudemire's three pointer didn't count.
Yup, that was a good one. We need more like that.

Blue&Orange
02-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Felton is easily upgradeable. My words may be harsh, but they are a lot closer to reality then calling him an all-star player.

Let's put things in perspective, the guy played for the Bobcats, not a loaded team, and they refused to offer him more then 6$mil, and that was before he allowed Jameer Nelson to average 23.8 points and shoot 48 percent in the playoffs.

Felton for Billups is a no-brainer.

Clutch
02-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Felton must learn to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FcVuag7KvE

blablabla
02-11-2011, 01:28 PM
If we could involve the t'wolves and somehow get rubio, now that would be crazy

Rubio
Gallo
Melo
Amare
MozGOD

Kingwillball
02-11-2011, 01:35 PM
If it takes Felton and Chandler along with Curry and draft pick u do it.. Billups would just be for a season and a half until CP3 gets there..problem is not sure they can run up tempo the same way with Billups like the could Felton..

kabalcage
02-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Anything except Mozgov.

Clutch
02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
If it takes Felton and Chandler along with Curry and draft pick u do it.. Billups would just be for a season and a half until CP3 gets there..problem is not sure they can run up tempo the same way with Billups like the could Felton..
Nuggets play the same fast-pace game as we do.
So I don't think there would be problems.

I would do that trade(Felton+Chandler for Billups+Melo) in a heartbeat.

If we could involve the t'wolves and somehow get rubio, now that would be crazy

Rubio
Gallo
Melo
Amare
MozGOD

Maybe,maybe not.
Rubio is still young and we don't know how he would adapt.
Also he is a very poor shooter.

alenleomessi
02-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Denver wants Gallinari, Chandler, Fields, Mozgov AND 2 1sts
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6112109

Clutch
02-11-2011, 02:11 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Are they serious ?

I will be very happy when they get nothing or almost nothing for Melo :lol

bagelred
02-11-2011, 02:11 PM

Wow. That was fast. Donnie Walsh just gave his counteroffer to Ujiri. Check it out:

Walsh offer to Ujiri (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5JTmbJwEjI)

Clutch
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Wow. That was fast. Donnie Walsh just gave his counteroffer to Ujiri. Check it out:

And they will get that :lol

Or maybe Chandler+Curry+some other shit

It's their choice.

Blue&Orange
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM

Funnier if he said "I take it"

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 02:15 PM
i do enjoy the fact that you guys offer nothing, then laugh when we want something. if the deal doesnt benefit us at all why should we bother?

how is trading him for nothing better than letting him walk for nothing?

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Funnier if he said "I take it"

:rolleyes:

bagelred
02-11-2011, 02:20 PM
i do enjoy the fact that you guys offer nothing, then laugh when we want something. if the deal doesnt benefit us at all why should we bother?

There was an offer of Chandler, Brewer, a #1 pick, and tons of cash savings on table, with Minnesota's help. Would you rather have nothing or that?

Horde of Temujin
02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Players such as Felton, Chandler and Gallinari are replaceable, theyre good but not a force such as Carmelo.

I'd give them up if they can get either Lawson or Afflalo in return instead of taking a contract such as Harrington's

Scoooter
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM

LOL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GrV3OZdjP8). If Walsh says yes to that, he's an idiot.

niko
02-11-2011, 02:34 PM

Find me the trades for superstars who want out where the trading team gets 7 assets. It's a joke. No one would agree to it. There is nothing in between raping the acquiring team and nothing?

bluechox2
02-11-2011, 02:56 PM
alright denver, turn on 2k11 and its a deal, just dont forget to override cpu trading

New York Knicks
02-11-2011, 02:58 PM
At least other Knick fans finally see what I saw early in the season about Felton.

Faberg
02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
The Nuggets want everything and the kitchen sink. Mozgov, Chandler, Gallinari, a couple of first round picks. :facepalm

Carmelo Anthony will eventually be a New York Knick (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6112109)

Clutch
02-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Well,Chandler,Brewer,picks and cash save isn't really nothing.

If you want to take half of our team for a player who is leaving and wants to play for us then be prepared to lose him for nothing.

Nelson14
02-11-2011, 03:06 PM
how long is chauncey's contrace?

Faberg
02-11-2011, 03:06 PM

You do realize he may leave for nothing, right? I'm sorry but ask the Cavs and Raptors who are at the bottom of the East standings.

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 05:03 PM
There was an offer of Chandler, Brewer, a #1 pick, and tons of cash savings on table, with Minnesota's help. Would you rather have nothing or that?

what #1 pick is that?

brewer is very little (role player) and chandler is a rental. so unless that #1 is something decent, that deal is "nothing"

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Players such as Felton, Chandler and Gallinari are replaceable, theyre good but not a force such as Carmelo.

I'd give them up if they can get either Lawson or Afflalo in return instead of taking a contract such as Harrington's

throw in ty or aa? :facepalm

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Find me the trades for superstars who want out where the trading team gets 7 assets. It's a joke. No one would agree to it. There is nothing in between raping the acquiring team and nothing?

7 assets? shit, ill take 2. asking for 20 cents on the dollar is fair (or whatever stars get in return...kg got jefferson, ray allen got green, shaq got odom, hell even gasol got his brother). offering 1 cent on the dollar is not.

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 05:05 PM
The Nuggets want everything and the kitchen sink. Mozgov, Chandler, Gallinari, a couple of first round picks. :facepalm

Carmelo Anthony will eventually be a New York Knick (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6112109)

and the knicks are offering nothing. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

the blame goes both ways.

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Well,Chandler,Brewer,picks and cash save isn't really nothing.

already addressed thisl

If you want to take half of our team for a player who is leaving and wants to play for us then be prepared to lose him for nothing.

as opposed to trading him for nothing?

oh well!

Derka
02-11-2011, 05:16 PM
In this particular article, we can assume that "league sources" actually translates to "No one at all, ESPN just made this up to get people to read it"

niko
02-11-2011, 05:33 PM
7 assets? shit, ill take 2. asking for 20 cents on the dollar is fair (or whatever stars get in return...kg got jefferson, ray allen got green, shaq got odom, hell even gasol got his brother). offering 1 cent on the dollar is not.
the deal the nuggets are asking for includes SEVEN assets, 1 of them ( a 2nd first round pick) i don't even think the knicks can get. this doesn't even include tax savings. im not saying they should accept the knicks offer and i get bargaining, but asking for teh entire knicks team is obviously a non starter so why even bother.

Yes, the Knicks can't get him by offering 25 cents on the dollar, but the nuggets can't ask for $1.50 on the dollar either. in the end its going to be 75 cents on the dollar. if you think it will be fair value you are nuts, it never is.

Blue&Orange
02-11-2011, 05:37 PM
what #1 pick is that?

brewer is very little (role player) and chandler is a rental. so unless that #1 is something decent, that deal is "nothing"
I'm sorry are u the Nuggets GM? :oldlol: u seem equally delusional. Chandler is a RFA, how is he a rental?

.kg got jefferson, ray allen got green, shaq got odom, hell even gasol got his brother). offering 1 cent on the dollar is not.
None of them was a FA as Melo is about to be? So that comparison couldn't be more irrelevant. How about comparing Melo to Lebron, Bosh, Shaq in Orlando... etc... etc...

Nuggets are acting like smartasses because of the new CBA, they sabotaged the Nets offered and are doing the same with the Knicks offer.

If i was Melo the course of action was clear, sign extension with the nuggets and start to score 6 points a game on 3-20 shooting, forcing the nuggets to trade him for peanuts, and making the smartasses look like dumbasses.

NY offer is more than fair and good luck getting more from the Knicks and if another team don't step up, good luck with keeping a player that doesn't want to be and play for your team

Still 12 days to the deadline :facepalm

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 06:48 PM
the deal the nuggets are asking for includes SEVEN assets, 1 of them ( a 2nd first round pick) i don't even think the knicks can get. this doesn't even include tax savings. im not saying they should accept the knicks offer and i get bargaining, but asking for teh entire knicks team is obviously a non starter so why even bother.

a) in negotiating both sides start on their extreme end and meet in the middle. its the same if we laugh at the knicks for their extreme garbage offers.

however, your definition of asset is clearly different than mine. chandler is no asset to us. neither is brewer or 2nd round picks. throw in are exactly tht.

Yes, the Knicks can't get him by offering 25 cents on the dollar, but the nuggets can't ask for $1.50 on the dollar either. in the end its going to be 75 cents on the dollar. if you think it will be fair value you are nuts, it never is.

lol@1.50 on the dollar. :oldlol: (is that really how high you value your bench?) as if a bunch of role players and some lame picks not only equals melo but exceeds it - especially in a star driven nba. melo is worth waaaaay more than a few role players. (and yes id love 75 cents on the dollar. even 50)

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm sorry are u the Nuggets GM? :oldlol: u seem equally delusional. Chandler is a RFA, how is he a rental?

the day i match the delusion of knick fans will be when hell freezes over.

and chandler does not want to be in denver and will ask for way more than hes worth. he wont be in NY or denver in a year.

None of them was a FA as Melo is about to be? So that comparison couldn't be more irrelevant. How about comparing Melo to Lebron, Bosh, Shaq in Orlando... etc... etc...

and none of them were facing losing so much money as melo might.

Nuggets are acting like smartasses because of the new CBA, they sabotaged the Nets offered and are doing the same with the Knicks offer.

you have no idea whats actually going on. listening to the garbage broussard, smith and incareratedbob spew out daily is a bad idea. so far they are batting about .078 combined.

If i was Melo the course of action was clear, sign extension with the nuggets and start to score 6 points a game on 3-20 shooting, forcing the nuggets to trade him for peanuts, and making the smartasses look like dumbasses.

:oldlol: gotta love knick fans.

NY offer is more than fair and good luck getting more from the Knicks and if another team don't step up, good luck with keeping a player that doesn't want to be and play for your team

fair in YOUR mind. so far knick fans have shown amazing ability to view the world from their perspective and only theirs. trading a few role players and crappy picks is clearly "fair".

if he signs the extension im sure thats a problem we will gladly face. :D

Still 12 days to the deadline :facepalm

no one is more eager for this deadline than nugget fans.

knickscity
02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
the day i match the delusion of knick fans will be when hell freezes over.

and chandler does not want to be in denver and will ask for way more than hes worth. he wont be in NY or denver in a year.

I'm not gonna go there, but there has been extremely cold weather in places it normally isn't.

Now as far as Chandler goes, by him being a RFA, he gets offers, and agrees to one.

If he wants 10 mil a season, doesn't matter teams will "offer" what they want to pay him.

I think Denver would keep him though.

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm not gonna go there, but there has been extremely cold weather in places it normally isn't.

Now as far as Chandler goes, by him being a RFA, he gets offers, and agrees to one.

If he wants 10 mil a season, doesn't matter teams will "offer" what they want to pay him.

I think Denver would keep him though.

not if a team overpays him.

NuggetsFan
02-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm at the point where if Denver isn't getting any long term asset like a Gallo than they should just say screw it. Take our chances in the playoffs. Let Melo's camp know he can say goodbye to the extension and were not dealing with NY. If he wants the extension than he needs to go to a different team than NY. See what he does. Let him walk for nothing, have our last shot at the playoffs with this core.

I was pretty stuck in getting rid of Melo as soon as possible. After last night tho he really showed he's over the whole trade talk I think. Said it was out of his hands. Was really into the game even getting pissed at GK for taking him out. If he's going to play like this might as well see what this team can do when the deadline passes. Even if they are completely retarded(basketball IQ wise).

Only way I want to move Melo is if we get an asset for the future. Not just Wilson Chandler whom we probably not even end up matching. We need a play who will contribute for the next 3-5 years.

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 07:46 PM
agreed. at least a decent playoff run/extra revenue is better than the crap NY offers. if we are gonna get 0 lets make the most of it.

niko
02-11-2011, 07:50 PM
agreed. at least a decent playoff run/extra revenue is better than the crap NY offers. if we are gonna get 0 lets make the most of it.
I don't get your perspective. You keep saying NY is offering NOTHING but Denver wants EVERYTHING. There has to be somewhere in between, no?

If Melo won't sign the extension you risk getting this empty space that could be taken up by nothing with the cap going down.

What is Denver's endgame? Do they want to keep Melo or not? From the outside it doesn't look like they are negotiating in good faith, it looks like they are putting the finish line further than anyone is willing to run.

niko
02-11-2011, 07:51 PM
BTW, i keep hearing Denver fans saying "let's just make a run", to a title? Really? Better, healthier Denver teams have come up short. Is this a title contending team?

niko
02-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm at the point where if Denver isn't getting any long term asset like a Gallo than they should just say screw it. Take our chances in the playoffs. Let Melo's camp know he can say goodbye to the extension and were not dealing with NY. If he wants the extension than he needs to go to a different team than NY. See what he does. Let him walk for nothing, have our last shot at the playoffs with this core.

I was pretty stuck in getting rid of Melo as soon as possible. After last night tho he really showed he's over the whole trade talk I think. Said it was out of his hands. Was really into the game even getting pissed at GK for taking him out. If he's going to play like this might as well see what this team can do when the deadline passes. Even if they are completely retarded(basketball IQ wise).

Only way I want to move Melo is if we get an asset for the future. Not just Wilson Chandler whom we probably not even end up matching. We need a play who will contribute for the next 3-5 years.

Would you consider the minny deal WITH Fields and a 2014 pick added fair?

knickscity
02-11-2011, 07:53 PM
BTW, i keep hearing Denver fans saying "let's just make a run", to a title? Really? Better, healthier Denver teams have come up short. Is this a title contending team?
They are legit when healthy, but they aren't, which has been the usual thing the last seven years.

Blue&Orange
02-11-2011, 07:53 PM
fair in YOUR mind.

Knicks can get him for free. I'm pretty sure anyone with a clear mind won't argue that paying for something that you could get for free is more than fair.

After last night tho he really showed he's over the whole trade talk I think. Said it was out of his hands. Was really into the game even getting pissed at GK for taking him out. If he's going to play like this might as well see what this team can do when the deadline passes

He's is pretty much trying to get teams to trade for him. Do you think he will continue to play likes this if he isn't traded because of the Nuggets demands? Do you think his late play don't have nothing to do with the tradeline approaching? Not only you match Knicks delusion you surpass it :pimp:

no one is more eager for this deadline than nugget fans.

But not the only ones...

lilojmayo
02-11-2011, 07:54 PM

A motivated Carmelo Anthony with the Nuggets roster that isinjury free can beat any team in a 7 game serious out West, I truely believe it. He is that good offensively.

However, seriously the Knicks should end this and just give Nuggets anything they ask for.

knickscity
02-11-2011, 07:57 PM
However, seriously the Knicks should end this and just give Nuggets anything they ask for.
Not gonna happen.

It will be a fair deal I'm sure.

niko
02-11-2011, 07:58 PM
They are legit when healthy, but they aren't, which has been the usual thing the last seven years.
They are "broken". There are teams which get close to contending and then they crack, mentally, physically, something happens and they don't get over the hump and you can kind of see that unless they totally retool, they never will. That's this current Denver mix.

And don't kill me nugget fans, the nuggets are one of my favorite teams, i like Melo, i like Nene, i like Billups, and you play hard. You just don't always play smart and your bigs health lets you down time and time again.

niko
02-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Not gonna happen.

It will be a fair deal I'm sure.
i'm sure too if it happens, but seeing the Nets debacle, and the requset of the Nuggets (rumored) for everything except DOlan's left kidney, i'd be very wary of making a good offer until 2 days (at the earliest) before the deadline because id think whatever we offer, they'll agree and then ask for JUST one little thing more...

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't get your perspective. You keep saying NY is offering NOTHING but Denver wants EVERYTHING. There has to be somewhere in between, no?

ive never said its fair to get the entire NY bench. just negotiating by starting high...kinda like NY starting low.

all i want is SOMETHING to make it worth our time. make it worth putting the paperwork in. make it better than letting him walk. chandler for a few months, scrub role players and low picks isnt better than letting him walk. if it was reversed, even NY wouldnt accept it.

If Melo won't sign the extension you risk getting this empty space that could be taken up by nothing with the cap going down.

better than using up our 'cap space' on guys like brewer.

personally id like 25 cents on the dollar. NY is about 22 cents off.

What is Denver's endgame? Do they want to keep Melo or not? From the outside it doesn't look like they are negotiating in good faith, it looks like they are putting the finish line further than anyone is willing to run.

if melo signs in denver im sure they re strategize their future.

but for now its a bad idea to just settle for crap. we can get that any time we want. i know other fans want us to, but not doing that doesnt mean we are in the wrong.

ATL_Bball_King
02-11-2011, 08:03 PM
I wish they would of done one of those silent trades like Magic did...This is just getting ridiculous...I mean this sh** is Fuc*ing Ridiculous...Champagne wishes and 30 white bit**es :lol

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 08:05 PM

who said title? we said playoff run. rather have a competitive 7 game first round series than a blowout sweep. (or miss the playoffs altogether)

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Knicks can get him for free. I'm pretty sure anyone with a clear mind won't argue that paying for something that you could get for free is more than fair.

ok...then they get him for free.

although i dont get why any of this exists then. why are knick fans talking about it for months and making 1000 threads a day? there has to be a reason. not sure what it is though.

He's is pretty much trying to get teams to trade for him. Do you think he will continue to play likes this if he isn't traded because of the Nuggets demands? Do you think his late play don't have nothing to do with the tradeline approaching? Not only you match Knicks delusion you surpass it :pimp:

But not the only ones...

i have no delusions. if melo signs or isnt traded he can do whatever he wants. ive made no absurd claims.

all ive said is trading him for 0 or letting him walk for 0 - same shit. why bother with the paperwork?

NuggetsFan
02-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Would you consider the minny deal WITH Fields and a 2014 pick added fair?

Yup. That right there impacts our future rebuild. Pick = prospect + Fields. Wilson Chandler has a chance of not being retained by Denver so why risk something when your already losing your franchise guy. Denver's far to stupid to win a title, probably won't be healthy enough to make any serious noise in the post season either. You'd still have a chance to get healthy and maybe make a run to the WCF or the 2nd round or something. Rather have one last shot even if there odds aren't great than get something that isn't going to affect the long term future of this team.

Basically if Denver can't get something back that's going to fit into the rebuild than why do it? You have half your team coming off the books. Either that or there aging. Wilson Chandler to me just doesn't seem like a long term piece. Esp with him being a RFA and wanting to get paid.

Picks(preferably with value like atleast mid round) Fields and Gallo would be the pieces I'd want.

If NY can't do that I understand completely. Let them risk it tho and let Melo kiss his extension goodbye and risk the CBA taking a huge change or there being a long lockout.

HAzE024
02-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Nuggets fans, would you put any stock into the fact that trading him to NY all but guarantees you will not be competing against him (a top player) for the pretty distant future?

Naruto-sama
02-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Not too mention there are other supersgtars to sign next yeaar like C. Paul. On the othker hand Knicks probably want a chance at championship this year in a MElo bestt case

knickscity
02-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Not too mention there are other supersgtars to sign next yeaar like C. Paul. On the othker hand Knicks probably want a chance at championship this year in a MElo bestt case
Acquiring melo wouldn't = championship.

We still have alot of holes.

NugzFan
02-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Nuggets fans, would you put any stock into the fact that trading him to NY all but guarantees you will not be competing against him (a top player) for the pretty distant future?

cuz they play in the east?

niko
02-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Yup. That right there impacts our future rebuild. Pick = prospect + Fields. Wilson Chandler has a chance of not being retained by Denver so why risk something when your already losing your franchise guy. Denver's far to stupid to win a title, probably won't be healthy enough to make any serious noise in the post season either. You'd still have a chance to get healthy and maybe make a run to the WCF or the 2nd round or something. Rather have one last shot even if there odds aren't great than get something that isn't going to affect the long term future of this team.

Basically if Denver can't get something back that's going to fit into the rebuild than why do it? You have half your team coming off the books. Either that or there aging. Wilson Chandler to me just doesn't seem like a long term piece. Esp with him being a RFA and wanting to get paid.

Picks(preferably with value like atleast mid round) Fields and Gallo would be the pieces I'd want.

If NY can't do that I understand completely. Let them risk it tho and let Melo kiss his extension goodbye and risk the CBA taking a huge change or there being a long lockout.
Ultimately i think that's what happens. The Knicks throw in Fields and another minor asset (another pick). If there is another asset, then the cost savings looks much more palatable, on its own, not so much. We can't do it now though because (no offense) denver kept screwing with NJ, i see no reason they wouldn't screw with us.

HAzE024
02-11-2011, 08:44 PM
cuz they play in the east?

Right. It's not much, but again, just like the 1st round pick and some role players (Chandler could be more), it is SOMETHING. And I think that is better than nothing. Unfortunetly, with the way this was handled, the Nugs have 0 leverage, so they should really cut their losses.

NuggetsFan
02-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Ultimately i think that's what happens. The Knicks throw in Fields and another minor asset (another pick). If there is another asset, then the cost savings looks much more palatable, on its own, not so much. We can't do it now though because (no offense) denver kept screwing with NJ, i see no reason they wouldn't screw with us.

Ya. I'd be fine with Gallo and Randolph. Gives us a future started in Gallo for longterm or however long we wanted kinda thing plus some hope that Randolph pans out or even reaches a quarter of his potential and contributes. They don't play PG\SG where Lawson\Afflalo play either.

Seems ok for NY too.

Clutch
02-12-2011, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't like to give you Fields but what do you think about Gallo+Chandler+Curry+pick(or Randolph) ?