PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Rajon Rondo shoot a basketball well?

Birmingham1955
02-10-2011, 10:47 PM
It is mind blowing how someone can play basketball everyday of their life but shoots 40% FT line.

Any explanation?

sirkeelma
02-10-2011, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esBiDDM_x2I

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-10-2011, 11:38 PM
It is mind blowing how someone can play basketball everyday of their life but shoots 40% FT line.

Any explanation?

Rondo is a below average basketball player, he gets covered by the very good boston team. You can get a DLeague pg to play on that boston team and tell him to pass the ball to players, and he'll probably do better, knowing rondo cant make a shot. I just think hes really lazy to practice because he knows he could just chill back and relax until the big 3 are in boston. But he doesn't know that the big 3 will be gone soon, and no one will ever hear of rondo again.

asdf1990
02-10-2011, 11:40 PM
too busy practicing assist padding.

Reverend Hoops
02-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Rondo is a below average basketball player, he gets covered by the very good boston team. You can get a DLeague pg to play on that boston team and tell him to pass the ball to players, and he'll probably do better, knowing rondo cant make a shot.

WAT? :facepalm

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-10-2011, 11:45 PM
WAT? :facepalm

IF you can't see that and dont agree with me, you dont know shit about basketball, or you're just dvmb

Batz
02-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Because the rim makes fun of him.

TheStarting5ive
02-10-2011, 11:46 PM
He can shoot just not consistently...its something about the size of his hands.

Wally450
02-10-2011, 11:47 PM
his hands are huge, its like shaq shooting free throws

Stuckey
02-10-2011, 11:48 PM
i played with a fiba ball, the thing was the size of a girl's ball, was easier to shoot, but a bit light

but i dont have large hands so what do i know

Jimbozeubuen
02-10-2011, 11:54 PM
He shot well at the three point line in the HORSE game versus Kevin Durant :hammerhead:

"Jesus"
02-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Hands.

J.Drahs
02-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Rondo is a below average basketball player, he gets covered by the very good boston team. You can get a DLeague pg to play on that boston team and tell him to pass the ball to players, and he'll probably do better, knowing rondo cant make a shot. I just think hes really lazy to practice because he knows he could just chill back and relax until the big 3 are in boston. But he doesn't know that the big 3 will be gone soon, and no one will ever hear of rondo again.

Joke city

JustinJDW
02-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Big hands hands.

Still not really an execuse though. If you're a freaking guard in the NBA, you should be shooting at the very least 70-75% from the line, period.

TheStarting5ive
02-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Its really not an excuse...he needs to at least be able to make his free throws...its pretty disgusting actually but I digress...

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Joke city

Rondo is one lucky dude though, for not being good, he gets a lot of hype for getting assists from the big 3. I know guys like TJ Ford and devin harris are thinking that :banghead: and they would do a lot better

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Big hands hands.

Still not really an execuse though. If you're a freaking guard in the NBA, you should be shooting at the very least 70-75% from the line, period.

Don't blame it on the hands, if you have the will and you practice hard you could do just about anything

KingBeasley08
02-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Don't blame it on the hands, if you have the will and you practice hard you could do just about anything
ur a dumbass :oldlol:

Rose
02-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah I wish Dirk, Peja, Okur, KG, Timmy, and Durant's hands were smaller. Imagine all the shots they'd hit!

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-11-2011, 12:10 AM
ur a dumbass :oldlol:

You disagree with that? lmao wow
I guess its understandable, you are a beasley fan, so you're a dumbass just like him. you wouldn't know anything about practicing

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Yeah I wish Dirk, Peja, Okur, KG, Timmy, and Durant's hands were smaller. Imagine all the shots they'd hit!

Yeah! By that logic I should get my baby nephew into the NBA ASAP! He would be automatic from the field

imdaman99
02-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah! By that logic I should get my baby nephew into the NBA ASAP! He would be automatic from the field
wow what a surprise, a derrick rose fan basically telling us how bad rondo is. we've never gotten that before :lol

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-11-2011, 12:15 AM
wow what a surprise, a derrick rose fan basically telling us how bad rondo is. we've never gotten that before :lol

Yeah, but from the sounds of it, you havent got the memo into your head yet

jjayfive
it's in his head..... he doesn't trust it... therefore, he will miss..

KingBeasley08
You disagree with that? lmao wow
I guess its understandable, you are a beasley fan, so you're a dumbass just like him. you wouldn't know anything about practicing
:roll:
and what does beasley have to do with this topic :lol

somebodys obviously insecure :oldlol:

Derka
02-11-2011, 12:16 AM
There is absolutely no excuse for his poor shooting.

It all starts with a total lack of confidence, I think. Games like tonight in LA certainly did that no favors.

KingBeasley08
Yeah, but from the sounds of it, you havent got the memo into your head yet
u mad that rondos got a ring and rose will prolly never win one :lol

Rose
There is absolutely no excuse for his poor shooting.

It all starts with a total lack of confidence, I think. Games like tonight in LA certainly did that no favors.
This.

He needs to start by being more balanced, and then get a better release.

kaiiu
02-11-2011, 12:18 AM
its a mixture of just not knowing how to shoot and not putting the work in the gym . Lebron was a horrible shooter but has turned himself at least decent

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-11-2011, 12:20 AM
u mad that rondos got a ring and rose will prolly never win one :lol

No, I dont give 2 $hits about that. Rose will get his, he's only 22. I'm mad cuz rondo is in a great position, but hes not taking full advantage of it, other pgs would

Derka
02-11-2011, 12:23 AM
This.

He needs to start by being more balanced, and then get a better release.

ESPN had a great write-up today by Jackie MacMullen about Ray and his maniacal dedication to perfecting the art of shooting a basketball. That's why he's so goddamn good at it...that's why he's so supremely confident in his shot...because he dedicated himself to shooting thousands and thousands of shots to the point where no angle was too difficult, no distance was out of range. There is literally not a shot in the halfcourt set that Ray can't make.

This is the kind of dedication Rondo needs to get his shot, and really nothing less will suffice. KG, Ray and Paul won't be around for too much longer and someone's gonna have to put the ball in the hoop.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
:roll:
and what does beasley have to do with this topic :lol

somebodys obviously insecure :oldlol:

Insecure over beasely? LMAO is that a joke? But you brought up the word "dumb" and beasley=dumb

comerb
I dunno, but I know if I was making millions of dollars to play basketball... I would sure as hell be shooting at-least 75% from the line. I could shoot 65-70% when I was in Jr High, and that was just a couple hours of practice a week.

It really is inexcusable. Hell, he has one of the most technically talented shooters in the history of the league as a teammate. Pick his brain, emulate his training regimine. I have been giving Rondo a pass for the first couple years, but he's been around for awhile now... and his shot hasn't improved at all. Thats just ridiculous for a person that gets payed to play basketball.

Pointguard
02-11-2011, 12:24 AM
LA has a way of making Rajon look bad next to horrible. But that tape is going to circulate in the playoffs. Whoever they play in the second round is going to make Rondo and Perkins beat them. And Pierce doesn't have a quick release - he looks like he's in slow mo. So doubling might be done without much pressure. Delonte, Shaq and Robinson will have to be key.

KingBeasley08
02-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Insecure over beasely? LMAO is that a joke? But you brought up the word "dumb" and beasley=dumb
im not beasley buddy :oldlol:

and :roll:
which player cheated on his SATS again :confusedshrug:

jasonresno
When God made the perfect PG he had to give him limitations. A shitty attitude and poor shooting were those.

KingBeasley08
No, I dont give 2 $hits about that. Rose will get his, he's only 22. I'm mad cuz rondo is in a great position, but hes not taking full advantage of it, other pgs would
2 finals appearances
1 championship

:confusedshrug: thats not half bad

jasonresno
02-11-2011, 12:29 AM
2 finals appearances
1 championship

Adam Morrison says "Ayyyyoooo"

KingBeasley08
02-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Adam Morrison says "Ayyyyoooo"
are u comparing morrison to rondo?

cmon bro. ur a good poster. dont stoop to a trolls level

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-11-2011, 12:31 AM
2 finals appearances
1 championship

Did you forget he was a bench player that barely played, the year they won the championship? You're dumb man, quit wasting my time, go stare at the wall or something

KingBeasley08
02-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Did you forget he was a bench player that barely played, the year they won the championship? Your dumb man, quit wasting my time, go stare at the wall or something
he was a good defensive player if u were wondering. u are a troll. i spent the last few weeks being a troll so i can tell whos a troll when i see one. get out of ish

jasonresno
02-11-2011, 12:33 AM
are u comparing morrison to rondo?

cmon bro. ur a good poster. dont stoop to a trolls level
I'm just saying I hate rings being used to compare players. It's as much about situation as it is about skill, if not more so.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-11-2011, 12:35 AM
he was a good defensive player if u were wondering. u are a troll. i spent the last few weeks being a troll so i can tell whos a troll when i see one. get out of ish

He was a good defensive player that year? you don't know anything about basketball, I can tell when someone doesn't know about basketball, get out of ish

KingBeasley08
02-11-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm just saying I hate rings being used to compare players. It's as much about situation as it is about skill, if not more so.
i understand that. for the record, i think rose is better than rondo but that fool just came into this thread bashing him like that :facepalm

that post by me which u quoted was more a result of me getting provoked by him

Derka
02-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Did you forget he was a bench player that barely played, the year they won the championship? You're dumb man, quit wasting my time, go stare at the wall or something

Uh...

No, Rondo was most definitely the starting point guard on the 2008 team. Started 25 his rookie year in 2006/2007.

KingBeasley08
02-11-2011, 12:37 AM
He was a good defensive player that year? you don't know anything about basketball, I can tell when someone doesn't know about basketball, get out of ish
he was a starter and was one of the best defensive pgs in the league.

:lol u fail at trolling bro. hit me up and i can give u a few lessons

T-bomb 25
02-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Im beside myself why he cant shoot open jumpers or freethrows or the better line is why is his confidence so bad? He can do it,the horse game against Durant proved that he can.For Rondo to improve its gonna take a few things, he has to have that fire to make those shots he needs that killer instinct like he has at being the best rebounding point gaurd in the league and he needs to approach it like his work ethic like he does the rest of his overall great game that he prides himself on.He's being lazy,scared,and most of all he's taking his situation for granit playing with Allen and Pierce should motivate him at becoming a all around offensive player he plays with 4 ATG players with great offensive games.The big 3 will not be there forever,he will judged more for his ranking in basketball when they leave he needs to get some pride about himself and turn this poor shooting around or his legacy will only be that he played with the big 3 its a lot more serious than his fans realize even Avery Johnson hit freethrows and short jumpers.:facepalm

flipogb
02-11-2011, 12:38 AM
I can't wait for the day the big three retire and Rondo is exposed as a below average player

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-11-2011, 12:44 AM
he was a starter and was one of the best defensive pgs in the league.

:lol u fail at trolling bro. hit me up and i can give u a few lessons

Well, you didnt know that he started either until the guy said it. you could give beasley your lessons

jasonresno
02-11-2011, 12:46 AM
i understand that. for the record, i think rose is better than rondo but that fool just came into this thread bashing him like that :facepalm

that post by me which u quoted was more a result of me getting provoked by him
It's all good man. I dont even waste time with that debate anymore haha

DRose.IS.da.MAN
02-11-2011, 12:51 AM
It's all good man. I dont even waste time with that debate anymore haha

I never mentioned Rose. It's not about Rose being better than Rondo, that was the debate couple years ago. Everyone knows Rose is better.

I'm just saying Rondo isn't putting the work in to get better and have a better shot, hes getting hyped up to be this great player when he's just below average. I think he's taking advantage of the hype and not really trying to get better. Have you seen any improvements from his soph year to now? none

DuMa
02-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Hands are a poor excuse. Jordan had huge hands and shot respectable percentages. i believe ray allen has huge hands as well. its just really bad work ethic. he really needs to improve that shot and make it respectable at least. Kobe doesnt play any type of defense on him and just sags off in the paint against him. its kind of embarrassing and you can tell it hinders the celtics offense at times. especially if they have no backup (no nate tonight) for rondo.

Rose
02-11-2011, 01:15 AM
ESPN had a great write-up today by Jackie MacMullen about Ray and his maniacal dedication to perfecting the art of shooting a basketball. That's why he's so goddamn good at it...that's why he's so supremely confident in his shot...because he dedicated himself to shooting thousands and thousands of shots to the point where no angle was too difficult, no distance was out of range. There is literally not a shot in the halfcourt set that Ray can't make.

This is the kind of dedication Rondo needs to get his shot, and really nothing less will suffice. KG, Ray and Paul won't be around for too much longer and someone's gonna have to put the ball in the hoop.
Exactly. I mean some guys are BORN shooters, and other just get better by hitting the gym. And Rondo hasn't done that. He's having a very Kidd-type developing career if you look at it. Gifted passer/defender/good rebounder. Then slowly as hell developing a jumper. But if he doesn't do it soon...he'll regret it.

T-bomb 25
02-11-2011, 01:21 AM
Hands are a poor excuse. Jordan had huge hands and shot respectable percentages. i believe ray allen has huge hands as well. its just really bad work ethic. he really needs to improve that shot and make it respectable at least. Kobe doesnt play any type of defense on him and just sags off in the paint against him. its kind of embarrassing and you can tell it hinders the celtics offense at times. especially if they have no backup (no nate tonight) for rondo.^This Webber actually was a horrid freethrow shooter early in his career or early in his life and he had bigger hands than even Shaq he ended up shooting high 70's even had a best of low 80's 1 year, Rondo has no excuse.....:cheers:

sh0wtime
02-11-2011, 01:32 AM
It has to do with focus / hard work on the shooting department and striving to SHOOT THE BALL THE RIGHT WAY (watch Ray Allens jumpshot/release) and striving to make your form/release always look and feel the same, you want the ball to be fired off the same way all the time, this is the key to consistancy. For Rondo its a bit late, he is stuck with the unconventional release he already possess. His shooting form is not picture perfect, but thats never a problem if you have the proper release and put in close to Ray Allen time on the shooting department, something which Rondo doesnt have either! I mean if you watch thru history of even the purest shooter, Peja, Larry Bird, Reggie Miller they all had somewhat weird shooting forms themselves, but notice the release, the follow thru, the arc, the spin of the ball, its perfect.

Putting up even more shots than Ray Allen everyday wouldnt help him dramatically simply because he is stuck with his weird form/release. I mean you can immediately shoot the ball "the way its supposed to be shot", but that means you now have to start from scratch because even though its "the right way" to shoot it its still uncomfortable, its to late for Rondo to throw out the way he is shooting the ball the most comfortably and has no time to re-adjust it and work on his new form, it would take years for him to become a good shooter simply because all this means he would have to start from scratch.

So Rondo is stuck where he is at, the only thing he can do to improve now is put in much more time on his jumpshot, something which i suspect he is not doing, at least not enough.

T-bomb 25
02-11-2011, 01:48 AM
It has to do with focus / hard work on the shooting department and striving to SHOOT THE BALL THE RIGHT WAY (watch Ray Allens jumpshot/release) and striving to make your form/release always look and feel the same, you want the ball to be fired off the same way all the time, this is the key to consistancy. For Rondo its a bit late, he is stuck with the unconventional release he already possess. His shooting form is not picture perfect, but thats never a problem if you have the proper release and put in close to Ray Allen time on the shooting department, something which Rondo doesnt have either! I mean if you watch thru history of even the purest shooter, Peja, Larry Bird, Reggie Miller they all had somewhat weird shooting forms themselves, but notice the release, the follow thru, the arc, the spin of the ball, its perfect.

Putting up even more shots than Ray Allen everyday wouldnt help him dramatically simply because he is stuck with his weird form/release. I mean you can immediately shoot the ball "the way its supposed to be shot", but that means you now have to start from scratch because even though its "the right way" to shoot it its still uncomfortable, its to late for Rondo to throw out the way he is shooting the ball the most comfortably and has no time to re-adjust it and work on his new form, it would take years for him to become a good shooter simply because all this means he would have to start from scratch.

So Rondo is stuck where he is at, the only thing he can do to improve now is put in much more time on his jumpshot, something which i suspect he is not doing, at least not enough.1 of my best friends started from scratch.....he had the old Baron Davis type hops,but people starting keying on that or him catching a oop,he was 15 or 16 when he reconstructed his shot he transfomed into nearly as good a catch and shoot shooter as me although he could never shoot off the dribble like me.But not many people in the world can,he used to shoot with 2 hands i still say Rondo has no excuse he should atleast be able to become a average shooter...:no:

KBryant24
02-11-2011, 03:50 AM
Are you kidding me????
Did you watch the celtics at all last year. Rondo single-handedly carried that team multiple times.

Meticode
02-11-2011, 03:57 AM
So Rondo can't shoot well because he has Yao Ming sized hands?

T-bomb 25
02-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Are you kidding me????
Did you watch the celtics at all last year. Rondo single-handedly carried that team multiple times.I agree here big time.....i dont what that guy is smoking.:lol

LJJ
02-11-2011, 09:58 AM
So Rondo can't shoot well because he has Yao Ming sized hands?

But Ming is a great free throw shooter...

Hittin_Shots
02-11-2011, 01:21 PM
But Ming is a great free throw shooter...

You, know what they say abt big hands. maybe his shots always leaning to one side?

jasonresno
02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
There is no logical explanation for him to be as poor a shooter as he is, outside of effort in the gym. I'm tired of hearing the BS about "Weelllll his hands are too big!" His job and career is to play basketball and if he wanted to improve dramatically he'd do it. Other guys do it in the league all the time.

Kellogs4toniee
02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Big hands? Are people seriously using this as an excuse these days? The man's a guard. Guards need to know how to shoot. Michael Jordan had enormous hands relative to his height. Yao Ming has enormous hands, he shot almost 90% from the free throw line.

The fact of the matter is this kid has played guard for essentially his entire career. What does he do in practice? For anyones who's been a guard in competitive play like High School, free throws are essentially gimme's. It just blows my mind that someone can shootless than 50% when they've been a guard there entire life. It's not like it's a mild case... it's very very severe.

There were at least three plays yesterday where Rondo was at most 10 feet away from a basket. Instead of floating / putting it in he passes it to a semi-covered Perkins ? Big Baby Davis ? The more and more I watch, the more I keep thinking that this guy is stat padding. I'm sorry Rondo fans, but that's just how I feel.

It really is disgusting. Point guards in all levels of competition would kill to be left as open as people are allowing Rondo to be.

Jon_Koncak
02-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Why should there be a answer to this question.He just can't shoot.Imagine how boring the sport would be if every guard was a good shooter,every center a 10+ rebounder etc..

Horde of Temujin
02-11-2011, 02:39 PM
that rim be hatin

sipitri
02-11-2011, 02:49 PM
For those who are saying you won't be able to shoot well with big hands or a bad release:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBLlXddUGK8

Career 81% FT and also had a season where he hit 141-364(.387%) threes and event better seasons!

If you practice your shooting you can become at least average.
I think eventually Rondo will become an average FT shooter, he seems a hard worker to me..

bdreason
02-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Mostly mental.

bdreason
02-11-2011, 02:58 PM
I think Rondo is a top 5 PG in the NBA... but pushing the ball up the court and dishing it off isn't "carrying" a team. He has NEVER "carried" the Boston Celtics. If he was pushing the ball up the court and dishing off to a bunch of scrubs, guess what? His team would suck, and the fact that he can't shoot would make the entire team easy to defend.

allabouthawks
02-11-2011, 04:26 PM
he can shoot he just dosent like to imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsrM7JwWSuY

jasonresno
02-11-2011, 04:37 PM
he can shoot he just dosent like to imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsrM7JwWSuY
Being a good HORSE shooter = being a good NBA shooter.

I could find a guy in the gym on any day of the week that can probably dominate a game of horse but if you put him in game time situations it's different.

allabouthawks
02-11-2011, 04:46 PM

I could find a guy in the gym on any day of the week that can probably dominate a game of horse but if you put him in game time situations it's different.

ye but there dosent seem to be anything wrong with his shooting he can hit just not ingame lol

ballup
02-11-2011, 04:47 PM
It's not that Rondo can't shoot because he has no shooting ability nor is it his lack of effort, it's more like he's not willing to shoot, which leads him to poor numbers. Rondo isn't as aggressive anymore scoring wise so he takes few shots from outside the paint, he doesn't get that experience needed to be consistent in that area. Rondo has shown very small flashes of good shooting. I remember last season, Rondo had a number of times where the quarter was about to end and he'd confidently pull up for a 3/long 2 and get only net.

Give Rondo 2 seasons of him taking about 2-4 midrange shots and 1-2 3 pointers before labeling his shooting skills.

Eat Like A Bosh
02-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Rondo can make shots in practice, and really well in horse too.
But face the facts, in an actual game, Rondo can't shoot.

Rondo's form is fine. It's all mental. Shooting in practice verses in a real game is totally different. It's all mental.

MMM
02-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Rondo has actually been a solid shooter this season until very recently. He is still pretty streaky but what I find odd is that his FT% is starting to go up while his jumper has declined and earlier in the season his FT% was at an all time low while he was solidly hitting jump shots. Which make little to no sense.

He has hit 19-23 FTs over the last few weeks and has been hitting about 70% over the last 2 months yet his jump shot has looked terrible over some of this span.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-11-2011, 05:45 PM

I stopped watching when he says Magic called Rondo the best pg in the nba:facepalm

MMM
02-11-2011, 05:54 PM

Agreed but it sheds light into a potential mental block and not effort as you assume it to be. However, I'm not in the gym with him so I wont comment on how little or hard he has worked on his shooting. Overall there are plenty of factors to why he isn't a good shooter. Additionally just because a few were to overcome having freakishly big hands doesn't mean it doesn't have a contribution to Rondo's struggle. To what degree his hands contribute to his shooting woes I can't say for sure but it shouldn't be altogether scoffed off at.

MMM
02-11-2011, 05:57 PM
It just blows my mind that someone can shootless than 50%.

I'm just begin picky here but Rondo doesn't shoot less than 50% from the FT line. As I've said before he is actually knocking down his FT lately.

ZenMaster
02-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Big hands hands.

No kidding, Jordan had big ass hands as well but nothing wrong with that jumper.

MMM
02-11-2011, 06:31 PM
No kidding, Jordan had big ass hands as well but nothing wrong with that jumper.

A few players are able to overcome it doesn't mean it isn't one of many reason why Rondo can't shoot the ball. I mean there are far more examples of players with big hands who can't shoot the ball then there are players with big hands who can.

ZenMaster
02-11-2011, 06:54 PM
A few players are able to overcome it doesn't mean it isn't one of many reason why Rondo can't shoot the ball. I mean there are far more examples of players with big hands who can't shoot the ball then there are players with big hands who can.

Can you mention which other guards who had big hands and couldn't shoot?

Shannon Brown has worked himself into a pretty good shooter also with big hands, but he's got a god rhythm in his shot, Rondo has no rhythm on his shot at all and his mechanics just looks awkward.

KevinNYC
02-11-2011, 07:11 PM

I think it's a mental thing. I don't think he can get his mind relaxed. I think he's thinking instead shooting. Great athletes can put that stuff aside. I bet if you looked at him just getting the pass and shooting immedidiately (Say the clock is running down) and him being wide open and shooting, I bet that first part he is much better at.

It's like golfers making a putt. He can't quiet his mind.

New York Knicks
02-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Practice.

jasonresno
02-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Agreed but it sheds light into a potential mental block and not effort as you assume it to be. However, I'm not in the gym with him so I wont comment on how little or hard he has worked on his shooting. Overall there are plenty of factors to why he isn't a good shooter. Additionally just because a few were to overcome having freakishly big hands doesn't mean it doesn't have a contribution to Rondo's struggle. To what degree his hands contribute to his shooting woes I can't say for sure but it shouldn't be altogether scoffed off at.
I think it takes effort to overcome mental blocks. So I'd still say he just needs to put in more time getting over it. He's an NBA guard. He should be able to shoot pretty well. There's no reason to have a handicap in your game when it doesn't have to be there.

GiveItToBurrito
02-11-2011, 10:09 PM
1. His form is awful, he spins the ball sort of like Dwight on the free throw line. That said, he does make open jumpers occasionally and he's not quite as bad as people say he is.

2. It's a mental thing at the line. He shot better as a rookie, even though I'm sure he's worked on it. A lot of guys just start overthinking it and become worse free throw shooters than they should be, sort of like Biedrins and to a lesser extent Kwame.

Vragrant
02-11-2011, 10:25 PM

Whats even more baffling that Rondo has Allen (one of the best shooters in NBA history and all time leader in 3pf FG's made) on his own team and still is below average. You would have think by now he'd have a jumper you can respect, or picked up something from Ray Allen.

4 years in the NBA and defenders still sag off him and give him the shot. I wonder if that ever bothers any of the other big 3.