PDA

View Full Version : Jordan wants to comeback at 50

eliteballer
02-12-2011, 07:27 AM
I know of at least one former Michael Jordan teammate who's convinced that Jordan wants to make an NBA comeback at 50 years old.

If that's true, His Airness has two years to find a buyer for the Charlotte Bobcats so he's eligible to play again.

Jordan practiced Thursday with the Bobcats -- one week before his 48th birthday -- and looked quite good according to co-captain Stephen Jackson.

"We should sign him," Jackson told me, adding that Jordan dunked "without any effort" and citing a sweet lefty finish on a post-up move as MJ's most memorable contribution to the workout.

Don't forget, though, that league rules preclude NBA owners from playing for their own teams without selling off their shares. Don't forget, furthermore, that Jordan (with the Wizards in 2001) and Magic Johnson (with the Lakers in 1996 and with yours truly as a first-year Lakers beat writer) were mere minority owners when they made their comebacks from the executive suite, making it a lot easier to find someone to buy them out.

You figure it would take Jordan at least two years to find someone willing to assume majority control of the Bobcats, given how long it took His Airness to assemble a deal to take over from founding owner Bob Johnson.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110211-13/latest-trade-chatter

miller-time
02-12-2011, 07:34 AM
he could probably still play, but he'd have very limited minutes. so what would be the point? i guess he could set all of the over 50 category records.

ForeverHeat
02-12-2011, 07:43 AM
If only lol I think just having his name on the team sheet would give the Bobcats (or any other team) a huge psychological advantage.

blacknapalm
02-12-2011, 07:44 AM
it's just speculation. i doubt MJ is even close to contemplating that. c'mon now. first off, he'd have to sell his majority stock of charlotte to play for any team. he only had to sell part of his stock in washington to play. this is a non-story. it's not gonna happen.

PHILA
02-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Following in Chamberlain's would-be footsteps. :applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUBg9mVLnHk#t=8m21s

http://i52.tinypic.com/qx9wn6.png

blacknapalm
02-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Following in Chamberlain's would-be footsteps. :applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUBg9mVLnHk#t=8m21s

http://i52.tinypic.com/qx9wn6.png

:roll: :roll:

yep, we know wilt NEVER exaggerated. the legend continues (not a wilt hater, take a joke)

Clutch
02-12-2011, 07:47 AM
I am very young so I have never watched him.

I would be excited if he comes back,than I would have opportunity to watch him.(even at the age of 50)

PrimeJohnnyDepp
02-12-2011, 07:48 AM
He would probably be the first player ever to average a triple double after Oscar Robertson :OOO

More power to him though. He should do this, but on a contender to fock Kobe over (:

Lebron23
02-12-2011, 07:51 AM

I would be excited if he comes back,than I would have opportunity to watch him.(even at the age of 50)

How old are you? Did you watch a past his prime Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards?

Clutch
02-12-2011, 07:57 AM
How old are you? Did you watch a past his prime Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards?
I watched a few games but I was like 10 years old back then and I didn't follow basketball as near as much as I do now.

Jr Llaban
02-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Didn't he say something along the lines of making a comeback at 50 and promptly followed it up by "don't laugh"

Lebron23
02-12-2011, 07:59 AM
I watched a few games but I was like 10 years old back then and I didn't follow basketball as near as much as I do now.

I see.

coin24
02-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Umm it was actually embarrassing for a lot of opposing players when he was on the wizards. He was 38-40 and still had it most nights. He had a few nagging injuries but generally fkn unreal for that age!!!

On offense he could still dominate today, posting up etc, his jump shot is still money, but on defense, pretty sure his age would show!!

I think he'd be great for a few games, would love to see what he can do, they should do something like that in the all star game IMO, not that celebrity shit..
Get a few guys from past 2 decades for a game:rockon:

Harison
02-12-2011, 08:39 AM
He wont come back, period. To sell the team just to have some games out of nostalgia? To average 10 mins with 5-10PPG? Its not gonna happen :no:

Fawker
02-12-2011, 08:48 AM
this dude would be garbage and worthless

asdf1990
02-12-2011, 08:55 AM
U can't comeback after u are inducted into the HOF, if I am not mistaking.

Walduś
02-12-2011, 08:55 AM
he should come back for 2 years and average 5 ppg. that would bring his career average to 26.7 ppg. :applause:

MaxFly
02-12-2011, 09:06 AM
I know it's Jordan, so for some of you, this is inconceivable... but I'm with the previous poster... he would be garbage. Players would be looking to go out and embarrass him. This is the worst thing he could do.

Fatal9
02-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Does he want Kobe to retire his old azz again? :facepalm

LJJ
02-12-2011, 09:10 AM
I know it's Jordan, so for some of you, this is inconceivable... but I'm with the previous poster... he would be garbage. Players would be looking to go out and embarrass him. This is the worst thing he could do.

Clearly.

And it's never going to happen.

Lebron23
02-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Marcus Jordan is a better player than 48 yrs.old Michael Jordan.

Kujo
02-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Not happening.

beermonsteroo
02-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I taked about this some months ago and was trashed by you guys. It'Ll happen Michael Jordan wouldn't be Michael Jordan if he wouldn't di it. I don't say wether this is a good or bad thing but it'll happen

rodman91
02-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Does he want Kobe to retire his old azz again? :facepalm

Come on 39 years old Jordan went head to head with Kobe and other stars of the league :lol

alenleomessi
02-12-2011, 10:11 AM
this dude would be garbage and worthless
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/44/warning_please.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5311)

d.bball.guy
02-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Can he still dunk?:lol I wanna watch him live on tv(I was 6 yrs old when he retired).

Harion
02-12-2011, 10:21 AM
why not just have an all star game of past NBA stars play a half court game?

MaxFly
02-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Come on 39 years old Jordan went head to head with Kobe and other stars of the league :lol

And 55 was dropped on his team. 40+ in the first half...

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-12-2011, 10:29 AM
He wont come back, period. To sell the team just to have some games out of nostalgia? To average 10 mins with 5-10PPG? Its not gonna happen :no:

He wants to pass up Malone on the Scoring List :oldlol:

coin24
02-12-2011, 10:33 AM
I bet he raped everyone on the bobcats roster that day in training.. I still dont get how they can be this shit:facepalm

Didnt Wallace say he could dunk easily still? I saw a vid of him from 2 years ago and he threw down a two hander on this kid at a camp :oldlol:

coin24
02-12-2011, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqlBUj9bFC4

Here u go, gets good from the 5min mark. Bout 5:15 for the two hander:lol

az00m
02-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Why would he come back... its all hype for the media and nothing more. No way in hell would he sell his shares of his own team.

CelticBaller
02-12-2011, 11:05 AM
this

tommyhtc
02-12-2011, 11:09 AM
they had it before during the mid 80s,
it was the old timers game.
Many players like nate thurmond, Hondo, rick barry, the big-o played in them.

It was fun at first, but was soon cancalled and replaced by the rookie game because there were too many injuries.

Than in the late 90s, there was a celebrity 3 on 3, Magic Johnson used to play in them,

but it was soon replaced by the shooting stars as well.

I truly don't know what the NBA was thinking.

jlauber
02-12-2011, 11:09 AM
:roll: :roll:

yep, we know wilt NEVER exaggerated. the legend continues (not a wilt hater, take a joke)

Chamberlain had LEGITIMATE offers by the Nets at age 50.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilt_Chamberlain

[QUOTE]Even far beyond his playing days, Chamberlain was a very fit person. In his mid-forties, he was able to humble rookie Magic Johnson in practice,[97] and even in the 1980s, he flirted with making a comeback in the NBA. In the 1980

rodman91
02-12-2011, 11:13 AM
And 55 was dropped on his team. 40+ in the first half...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4T8_U4iHt4

"At age 39 and 264 days, Michael Jordan dominated the game in just 30 minutes. The Greatest Player of All Time scored 25 points on 9-14 FGs (64.3%) along with 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. But the stats only tell part of the story. Jordan controlled the game, making key shots, passes to open team mates and drawing fouls on defenders. It makes you wonder what he would have scored if he was in his athletic prime.

Wearing a pair of Air Jordan 7s, 24 year old Kobe Bryant struggled with his shooting 8-21 (39%) but still managed to score 27 points thanks to perfect Free throw shooting (11-11)"

:D

55 point game Stackhouse was guarding Kobe mostly.In this game you can clearly see 40 years old Jordan scoring on kobe. Fox couldn't guard jordan.. and then Kobe tried and he couldn't too.Post ups,pump fakes,fadeaways over 24 years old Kobe (when he was really good defender and in great shape).Anyway, it was a great game with greater ending.

iamgine
02-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Can't he just sell his shares to family or friend who will just give it back when he's done playing?

inclinerator
02-12-2011, 11:45 AM
sure, if he wants to ruin his legacy

tontoz
02-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Having followed Jordans career i wouldn't be surprised if he actually tries to come back. Remember this is the same guy who tried to play professional baseball.

I have no doubt that he can still play well. I also have no doubt that he will fail badly if he does come back.

The problem is that when you get older your body doesn't recover as well, whether it is from workouts or injuries. you can't work out as hard which makes it harder to get in game shape. Injuries that a young guy can play through will put an older guy in street clothes.

Even if he could get himself in good game shape and stay relatively injury free, he would struggle to play more than 1 game a week. 2 games in a week would be a bit of a stretch. Back to backs, forget about it.

Father time gets us all in the end, including MJ.

jlauber
02-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Given the dearth of quality big men in today's game...I think Russell should come back at age 76.

rodman91
02-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Given the dearth of quality big men in today's game...I think Russell should come back at age 76.

He might be on track... :lol

"ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!"
http://file043a.bebo.com/5/large/2008/06/18/06/4879190667a8056224155l.jpg

NewYorkNoPicks
02-12-2011, 01:13 PM

you didnt even get to see him play with the Wizards in '02-'03? How young are you? lol

BarberSchool
02-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Very clever move by MJ.....some sucker investor will take his shares off his hands....in that sh!tbag of a market.

BarberSchool
02-12-2011, 01:49 PM
you didnt even get to see him play with the Wizards in '02-'03? How young are you? lolLOL @ you thinking someone can't be like 12 or 13 years old....like they don't exist LOL. :rockon:

ProfessorMurder
02-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I could definitely see Jordan doing it. If he did try, he'd probably come back at the deadline for a little less than half the season + possible playoffs. I'd love to see it, obviously he wouldn't be nearly as good, but it would be amazing.

When he said 'Don't be surprised if I come back at 50' and everyone laughed, I knew there was a hint of truth in that.

gts
02-12-2011, 05:06 PM
U can't comeback after u are inducted into the HOF, if I am not mistaking.the basketball HOF has no connection with the NBA...

Ruh-Roh
02-12-2011, 05:30 PM
If he does this, I am getting tickets to Chicago's next home game against Charlotte. I really don't care how good he is anymore, he's still MJ.

StarJordan
02-12-2011, 08:04 PM
1. In the 55 point game kobe had vs wizards he was guarded bv a crappy defender not Jordan. Infact in that game MJ stole the ball from kobe and slammed it over even at that age. Kobe could never score 55 with Mike guarding him and him having to guard Mike. Overall on D, Penny hardaway gave Mj better D on postups than Kobe ever did.

2. Kobe is himself an old azz now, he can get a blown knee anytime.

3. Jordan has a higher lifetime scoring average vs Kobe than Kobe does against mike. suck on it haters. That includes the wizards years.

4. Forget prime, Kobe probably can't stop Mike now. MJ can't play maybe a 82 game season due to mileage. But if it was just ONE game and he had time to prepare. I bet MJ could drop 40-50 on Kobe with Kobe guarding him over a full 48 minute game in 2011.

YouCallILose
02-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Jordan could probably put up 8/2/3 43 FG% in 20 minutes

he would also give up 25 and 10 in that period

AirTupac
02-12-2011, 08:11 PM
[quote]Give him some time to get in shape and Michael Jordan could average 20 points a game in today's NBA, Charlotte Bobcats coach Paul Silas said.

A day after watching Jordan -- a Hall of Famer and Bobcats owner who turns 48 next week -- play in a full-court scrimmage with his team, Silas said his boss has still got it.

ESPN 1000, Chicago

Charlotte Bobcats coach Paul Silas joined "The Waddle & Silvy Show" to discuss how many points Michael Jordan could average if he played today and whether Derrick Rose is a leader.

More Podcasts

Fatal9
02-12-2011, 08:13 PM
1. In the 55 point game kobe had vs wizards he was guarded bv a crappy defender not Jordan. Whereas Jordan scored on Kobe on will even with wizards. Infact in that game MJ stole the ball from kobe and slammed it over even at that age. And on D, Penny hardaway gave Mj better D on postups than Kobe ever did.

2. Kobe is himself an old azz now, he can get a blown knee anytime.

3. Jordan has a higher lifetime scoring average vs Kobe than Kobe does against mike. suck on it haters. That includes the wizards years.

4. Forget prime, Kobe probably can't guard mike, even at 48. hah. MJ can't play maybe a 82 game season. But if it was just ONE game and he had time to prepare. I bet MJ could drop 40-50 on Kobe with Kobe guarding him over a full game RIGHT NOW.
damn, you really got THIS butthurt over a joke comment I made?

*reads user title*

Irrational Jordan superfan

oh...continue...

StarJordan
02-12-2011, 08:32 PM
^In 2002, Jordan averaged 22ppg. Kobe right now averages only about 3 more than wizards jordan....Kobe just has a better team to cover his ass. He IS in decline deal with it. And dont say jordan couldn't do it at 48 just because your fav couldn't do it....mj could do a lot of things your favs could never dream of

KG5MVP
02-12-2011, 08:34 PM
plz don't come back, that will ruin his career stats even more. his 2 seasons with wizards has alrdy brought down his career average down alot

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-12-2011, 08:42 PM
^In 2002, Jordan averaged 22ppg. Kobe right now averages only about 3 more than wizards jordan....Kobe just has a better team to cover his ass. He IS in decline deal with it. And dont say jordan couldn't do it at 48 just because your fav couldn't do it....mj could do a lot of things your favs could never dream of

Well to be fair he did shoot a much lower FG% than Kobe is shooting now. Kobe is shooting around 46% while MJ was shooting 42%. Kobe also shoots a much higher 3PT% than MJ shot. I'm not trying to say Kobe > Jordan so please don't go off on me, I'm just saying the argument with Kobe averaging 3ppg more than MJ did has some flaws in it.

Is he declining? Athletically yes. But his skill makes up for it. That's what "covers his ass". MJ wasn't nearly as athletic with the Wizards as he was in his Bulls days but he still played very well for a guy his age because of his skill and knowledge of the game. It's the reason why Kobe can still be an elite player (arguably the best) even with huge mileage. He doesn't need to be able to dunk on 2 guys or run fast like he used to because he relies on his skill.

Real Men Wear Green
02-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't know what the greater challenge would be, finding a buyer that would pay him enough for MJ to profit or at least break even in time for him to come back at 50, or trying to at least get a 65+ game season at 50.

Perhaps someone would buy the team with the hope that MJ would still sell a lot of tickets and merchandise. I personally wouldn't be interested enough to buy an overpriced ticket, he'd be a worse player than he was as a Wizard and Wizard MJ was a borderline All-Star. How much he'd be declined is hard to guess as no basketball player has come back at that age to this level after almost a decade off. But if he was just capable of holding down the second-string SG spot for 10 minutes per I'd be impressed. Problem is that that kind of season would have analysts talking about how he's hurting his legacy. "Michael Jordan is rolling over in his grave. If he's worried about public perception he better not do it, because then they'd need to be managing (read: severely lowering) expectations. But managing expectations doesn't sell tickets and is impossible when most people think you're the greatest to ever play.

My prediction: He's not coming back, he's way too old. But I didn't think he'd play for the Wizards until the signing was official, so whatever. I'm beginning to think--and if it's true, I actually have more respect for MJ--that he's just doing whatever he wants and doesn't give a damn what any of us think. It may only serve to lower his career ppg, win 40 games and get the boot in the first round...or not make the playoffs at all...but at least he'd be enjoying himself.

A great way to live.

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Why doesn't he just go back to Chicago to replace Bogans? I'm sure most Bulls fans would prefer that. Right eh eh :confusedshrug:

Rose
02-12-2011, 08:54 PM
If he wants to do what he loves-let him. He'll probably do role player type numbers but still. I'd drive to Charlotte to see him play if he played there. Just to say I saw MJ play in person once in my life.:oldlol:

d.bball.guy
02-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Stop posting things that involve Jordan and Kobe's average right now. We all know that Jordan>Kobe. Only homers will claim that Kobe>Jordan. It just irritates me how Jordan homers always try to prove that Jordan>Kobe even though it's already obvious who's the best.:facepalm

westside_baller
02-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Jordan would get embarrassed by the current crop of all stars, but it would be good for a laugh...

btw, he is coming back anyway.

Warriors fan
02-12-2011, 10:41 PM
That would be cool but hopefully not for a whole season just 4 or 5 games

MaxFly
02-12-2011, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4T8_U4iHt4

"At age 39 and 264 days, Michael Jordan dominated the game in just 30 minutes. The Greatest Player of All Time scored 25 points on 9-14 FGs (64.3%) along with 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. But the stats only tell part of the story. Jordan controlled the game, making key shots, passes to open team mates and drawing fouls on defenders. It makes you wonder what he would have scored if he was in his athletic prime.

Wearing a pair of Air Jordan 7s, 24 year old Kobe Bryant struggled with his shooting 8-21 (39%) but still managed to score 27 points thanks to perfect Free throw shooting (11-11)"

:D

55 point game Stackhouse was guarding Kobe mostly.In this game you can clearly see 40 years old Jordan scoring on kobe. Fox couldn't guard jordan.. and then Kobe tried and he couldn't too.Post ups,pump fakes,fadeaways over 24 years old Kobe (when he was really good defender and in great shape).Anyway, it was a great game with greater ending.

Bryant averaged nearly 30 points in the 4 meeting against Jordan... Jordan averaged 18.

How can you say that Jordan went "head to head" against Bryant, but then dismiss the fact that Bryant dropped 55 points on Jordan's team. If Jordan was really about going head to head against Bryant, he would have switched over when it was apparent that Bryant was embarrassing his team.

Maestro33
02-12-2011, 10:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knee_cartilage_replacement_therapy

nahhhh....right?...right?

MaxFly
02-12-2011, 10:43 PM
4. Forget prime, Kobe probably can't stop Mike now. MJ can't play maybe a 82 game season due to mileage. But if it was just ONE game and he had time to prepare. I bet MJ could drop 40-50 on Kobe with Kobe guarding him over a full 48 minute game in 2011.

See what I'm talking about?

Samurai Swoosh
02-12-2011, 11:05 PM
plz don't come back, that will ruin his career stats even more. his 2 seasons with wizards has alrdy brought down his career average down alot
This ... and I don't even normally agree with you.

That was one of the worst parts about Jordan's 2nd comeback. Besides not seeing him in a Bulls jersey, those 2 seasons dropped his career PPG average down 2 - 3 whole points.

:mad:

Round Mound
02-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Hope not...i lived through the 90s and i saw his dam face on every commercial and in my soup plate :rolleyes: ...there was literly no appreciation for other superstars in other positions than the most selfish position ever: SG. The least Team Oriented Position

flipogb
02-13-2011, 12:52 AM
U can't comeback after u are inducted into the HOF, if I am not mistaking.
Phil Jakcson is still coaching, but as far as players go i don't know

andgar923
02-13-2011, 03:11 AM
He's coming back.

I think it was Mario Lemeux or some hockey player that was playing at 50, and this certainly caught Mj's attention.

I also think that MJ won't come back unless he KNOWS he can still play against today's players. And I'm sure he still can, in a limited fashion.

I think the problem with the Wizards was, he was carrying too much of the load, even more so then when he played as a Bull. Injuries and a bad roster forced him to play with injuries and pat the minutes he was supposed to play. This obviously took a toll on his 'consistency'. It wasn't that he couldn't play, because he obviously could at an elite level. He just couldn't sustain a level of consistency while carrying a team for the entire season.

Add to that, a new coach, new system, new players, etc.etc. so the load and pressure to win was only magnified.

If he came into the league as a 2nd option, he could fare rather well, perhaps even be all star caliber, since the pressure wouldn't be on him to carry a franchise. If he was paired up with another all star or all star caliber player he could avg decent to good numbers for any player, let alone a player his age.

Like MJ said during his Hall of Fame speech... "Don't laugh."

And as we all know, MJ hates to be doubted and loves the challenge.

MJ doesn't give a shit what anybody thinks about him or his legacy. If he doesn't play at 50, he'll always live with that regret (if it's something he honestly considered), and you know somebody close to him has brought it up more than a few times, and teased him about it (Chuck more than likely).

He'll make a move to lure a top free agent with the promise that MJ will be in a jersey with him.

Who wants to place a bet?

andgar923
02-13-2011, 03:22 AM
Somethings that shouldn't be overlooked.....

Above I mentioned that MJ won't come back unless he KNOWS that he can still compete against today's players.

I think he's been working out to gauge himself and his competition. And I also believe that he still stops by Hoops in the summer to workout. I'm sure he's measured (albeit briefly) some of today's star's games.

I remember talking to Q Rich at a Clipper event when MJ was with the Wiz, and he told me MJ was killing in the summer. He said that if his ribs hadn't been hurt, the rest of his body and conditioning would've been ready, which meant he would've been killing.

The Wizards comeback thought him a lesson.

Not to rush anything.

He rushed his comeback attempt, by miscalculating how soon his body would get back into shape, so he forced himself by taking on too many workouts to accelerate his comeback. This of course broke his body down in time, putting too much pressure on his knees and back.

He'll be back, he'll just pace himself better this time around.

gloriawest
02-13-2011, 04:16 AM
goddam u guys are fkin retarded, your actually considering there is some truth to this....Americans......

ThaRegul8r
02-13-2011, 04:29 AM
He wants to pass up Malone on the Scoring List :oldlol:

More like lose his already infinitesimal lead at the #1 spot for highest career scoring average.

andgar923
02-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Here's a few articles that supports the notion of a comeback.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24762/any-chance-michael-jordan-could-return-again

In general, Procopio didn't sound at all sure such an achievement was possible. But that was talking about athletes generally. Would Jordan -- a man of unquestioned will -- be subjected to the same limitations?

"Oh no no no no," Procopio says. "I'm talking about everybody else."

This next one is very interesting:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/6982/limits-and-illusions-michael-jordan-in-the-nba-at-50

''I find motivation everywhere,'' Robic says. ''If right now you look at me and wonder if I cannot go up the mountain, even if you are joking, I will do it. Then I will do it again, and maybe again.'' He gestures to Mount Stol, a snowy Goliath crouched 7,300 feet above him, as remote as the moon. ''Three years ago, I got angry at the mountain. I climbed it 38 times in two months.'' ...
''All my life I was pushed away,'' he says. ''I get the feeling that I'm not good enough to be the good one. And so now I am good at something, and I want revenge to prove to all the people who thought I was some kind of loser. These feelings are all the time present in me. They are where my power is coming from.''
If the key to achieving athletic feats seemingly beyond human capability is tricking your mind, and if we already know Jordan has mastered that trick ... I figured we should at least do our homework.

dunksby
02-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Here's a few articles that supports the notion of a comeback.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24762/any-chance-michael-jordan-could-return-again

This next one is very interesting:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/6982/limits-and-illusions-michael-jordan-in-the-nba-at-50
Stop quoting ESPN man, them punks in there would write anything to get a paycheck.

rodman91
02-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Bryant averaged nearly 30 points in the 4 meeting against Jordan... Jordan averaged 18.

How can you say that Jordan went "head to head" against Bryant, but then dismiss the fact that Bryant dropped 55 points on Jordan's team. If Jordan was really about going head to head against Bryant, he would have switched over when it was apparent that Bryant was embarrassing his team.

2/12/02 Wizards vs Lakers (Michael Jordan 22 pts, Kobe Bryant 23 pts
4/2/02 Wizards vs Lakers (Michael Jordan 2 pts, Kobe Bryant 14 pts)
11/8/02 Wizards vs Lakers (Michael Jordan 25 pts, Kobe Bryant 27 pts)
3/28/03 Wizards vs Lakers (Kobe Bryant 55 Pts, Michael Jordan 23 pts)

Except last game almost head to head.(still 23 points for 40 years old not bad,Kobe had great game) And do you realize 40 years old,knee injured,broken ribs Jordan vs 24 years old Kobe. (when he was getting championships) Kobe tried to guard jordan and failed.you can see that on the video.It's not what if stuff, its real stuff on video. Get that weak stuff out of here! :lol

tomtucker
02-13-2011, 04:14 PM
It will be as painful to watch as this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtEtwwCkP88&feature=related

nightprowler10
02-13-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm for the comeback, only if he comes to the Bulls to replace Bogans.

rodman91
02-13-2011, 04:31 PM
If you look at his stats will drop down true.. but on the other hand anything he do great will show why he was best. But people forgets easily that when he was on wizards..

Until he injured from the knee..he put up 26.2 pts/6.1 reb/5.2 ast/43%. Only 2 guy made it 26/6/5 until then.

in 2002,39 years old Jordan had most 40+ games after Iverson,T-mac,Shaq.

Until injury Wizards was 26-21 and 6th at east.That teams previous year record was 19 wins and they lost 3 players off season. :lol Jordan was MVP candidate in 2002 until injured.

at 40 years old he played in all 82 games.after 40,last 30 games he put up these numbers with those knees. 23.2 pts/7.2 reb/3.8 ast/1.5 stl/.5 blk/46% FG.

Jordan 39 years old numbers in 2002 (7 games from bench) :
22.9 points 5.7 rpg 5.2 apg 1.4 spg 0.4 bpg 2.7 TO
Jordan 40 years old numbers in 2003 (15 games from bench):
20.0 ppg 6.1 rpg 3.8 apg 1.5 spg 0.5 bpg 2.11 TO
Kobe 32 years old in 2011 ( in 54 games)
25.5 ppg 5.3 rpg 4.9 apg 1.2 spg 0.1 bpg 3.0 TO

He can do things that we say how the hell he still does it...

The Iron Fist
02-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Even scrubs would shit all over Jordan if he came back.

I know some of you are in love with the guy, but be real,

hes would not be playing against 6 4 guards anymore.