PDA

View Full Version : FAKING NEWS: same old Melo trade rumor with NJ.

kabalcage
02-18-2011, 02:16 PM
NETS:

Carmelo
Billups
Shelden Williams
Melvin Ely
Renaldo Balkman

NUGGETS:

Devin Harris
Favors
Troy Murphy
Ben Uzoh
FOUR First Round Picks

This is breaking news on ESPN Sportscenter. It comes from Bergen Record (from NJ)

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/021811_Nets_Nuggets_reach_agreement_now_its_up_to_ Carmelo_Anthony_to_say_yes.html

Carmelo has to accept the extension for this to go down. So there's still HOPE Knick fans!

knickscity
02-18-2011, 02:16 PM
NETS:

Carmelo

NUGGETS:

Devin Harris
:facepalm

Clutch
02-18-2011, 02:17 PM
NETS:

Carmelo
Billups
Shelden Williams
Melvin Ely
Renaldo Balkman

NUGGETS:

Devin Harris
Favors
Troy Murphy

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Alonzo Magic
Sheeeeeit, I can't take my planned nap now can I? :oldlol:

ukballer
NETS:

Carmelo
Billups
Shelden Williams
Melvin Ely
Renaldo Balkman

NUGGETS:

Devin Harris
Favors
Troy Murphy

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

ImmortalNemesis
02-18-2011, 02:19 PM
ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6133683)

The Nets and Nuggets are in the final stages of finalizing a deal that would send the Nuggets All-Star forward, Carmelo Anthony, to New Jersey for a package of players and picks. Nine total players plus four first-round picks would be exchanged between the two teams. The deal is tentative and hinges on Anthony's agreement in signing an extension before the trade is made.

The Nuggets will send Anthony, guard Chauncey Billups and forwards Melvin Ely, Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman to the Nets. In return, the Nuggets will receive guard Devin Harris and forwards Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy and Ben Uzoh, as well as four first-round picks.

The Nuggets are still trying to work out a deal that would allow them to send Troy Murphy to a third team, which would likely land them another pick in return. Murphy and Billups are also candidates to be bought out and could sign with any team they want.

Anthony is scheduled to meet with the Nets owner during All-Star Weekend, as well as the Knicks owner. If an agreement on an extension is not agreed upon, the Nets deal will likely be dead and New York will become the front runner to acquire Anthony.

kaiiu
02-18-2011, 02:21 PM
nets get raped in deal. Melo not signing extension. Giving up Favors and Harris. Billups old as Stern.

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 02:21 PM
wow nuggets raped the nets big time...they got them to cough up all their picks.

D12"Magic"
02-18-2011, 02:23 PM
This a joke right? Wheres the link?

allabouthawks
four picks? and there pick from this year really? :roll:

nets get melo good ye billups coming towards the end and 3 not very good players

8BeastlyXOIAD
NETS:

Carmelo
Billups
Shelden Williams
Melvin Ely
Renaldo Balkman

NUGGETS:

Devin Harris
Favors
Troy Murphy
Ben Uzoh
FOUR First Round Picks
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

ashbelly
02-18-2011, 02:24 PM
didn't the nets owner say "NYET" to this trade ?

GOBB
02-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I hope NJ gets Melo just so I can laugh at the Knicks and their fans. :oldlol:

nets get raped in deal. Melo not signing extension. Giving up Favors and Harris. Billups old as Stern.

The trade doesnt happen unless Melo agrees to an extension. READ!

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 02:25 PM
after billups is gone, its just melo and lopez, no picks, 2 lakers bench warmers

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 02:25 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

boozehound
02-18-2011, 02:26 PM
what happened to your forced lame "doe like" writing style you use?

ashbelly
Pat riley can you call billups agent.. he can play from the bench..

kaiiu
:lol :oldlol: :roll:

boozehound
didn't the nets owner say "NYET" to this trade ?
nope. besides, that was clearly a ploy to take the deal out of the media limelight.

kaiiu
02-18-2011, 02:27 PM
get off my nuts doe like:rolleyes:

DeronMillsap
four picks? and there pick from this year really? :roll:

It's 4 1st Round picks :eek:

Gotta be more than this year. Possibly the next 2-3 drafts.

boozehound

yeah, Im with you on that. You would think they would've learned their lesson after crowing like assholes for 2 years about LBJ, but they clearly didnt.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Could have gotten Beasley for Keyon Dooling SMH

boozehound
It's 4 1st Round picks :eek:

Gotta be more than this year. Possibly the next 2-3 drafts.
they have other team's picks. You cannot trade back to back first rounders.

bluechox2
the nets just bent over and let denver give it to them good

Clutch
02-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Deal will go trough only IF Melo agrees to sign extension with them.

And it's a big IF.

Disaprine
4 1st round picks? :eek: has that ever happen before?

allabouthawks
ive just realized that no link has been posted :facepalm

edit: never mind..

DeronMillsap
02-18-2011, 02:30 PM
So what's the breakdown on those picks?

kaiiu
wait the Nets gave up 4 first round picks:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

8BeastlyXOIAD
COULD HAVE GOTTEN Beasley for Keyon Dooling:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

GOBB
02-18-2011, 02:31 PM

I'm sure he'll reply that way.

"Oh crap, he caught me. Ay doe mayne wut iz u beffin for? b ez my neezy"

But serious talk, you mentioned teams cant trade back to back first round picks? Is that a rule? I wasnt aware of that if it is.

8BeastlyXOIAD
Melo has to accept it.............................he aint going:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Bigsmoke
wait... did it go down?

Glide2keva
02-18-2011, 02:33 PM

This is what I'm hoping for too.

8BeastlyXOIAD
So if Melo accepts it.... is he gonna be playing for the East?

kaiiu
thats what I said:lol

Clutch
02-18-2011, 02:34 PM
wait... did it go down?
Teams obviously made a deal but Anthony could collapse it just by saying one word: NO

ImmortalNemesis
Interesting point:

[QUOTE]This agreement is tentative because some things still need to be worked out. One would be where Murphy and his expiring contract end up. The Nuggets want to trade him, perhaps to Cleveland, and may need a draft pick or two to entice teams to take Murphy, who has hardly played this season.

That

D12"Magic"
Last time Kidd got traded he played for east still. but im not sure now if they will change it.

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 02:35 PM
cleavland is probably looking at themselves and saying wtf.

boozehound
02-18-2011, 02:35 PM
So what's the breakdown on those picks?
I havent seen it yet. I know they have the warriors pick for next year (with lottery? protection), but I dont know beyond that.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
cleavland is probably looking at themselves and saying wtf.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Pokerface
02-18-2011, 02:37 PM
The HEADLINE is misleading. Al Innazzone in the North Jersey.com newspaper, reported about an hour ago, that the Nuggets and the Nets have a tentative agreement, not Melo and the Nets. He also reported that Melo is scheduled to meet later today with both the owners of the Nets and the owners of the Knicks, separately of course. If Melo agrees to the extension with the Nets, then the trade is expected to go through.

D12"Magic"
02-18-2011, 02:37 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
You said the Nets could of traded Dooling for Beasley?

New York Knicks
02-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Heard it before. Then we'll see reports saying...."Denver stalls..."

boozehound
02-18-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm sure he'll reply that way.

"Oh crap, he caught me. Ay doe mayne wut iz u beffin for? b ez my neezy"

But serious talk, you mentioned teams cant trade back to back first round picks? Is that a rule? I wasnt aware of that if it is.
yeah, its based on the crappy owner of the cavs who destroyed his team int he early 80s with terrible trades.

Ted Stepein (thats before me).
5th paragraph in this larry coon faq section
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q74

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 02:40 PM
The Nets would surrender their first-round pick for June's NBA Draft along with a pair of 2012 picks (a protected-to-18 pick received from the Lakers and a protected-to-7 pick from the Warriors), and a 2011 lottery-protected Rockets pick.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 02:41 PM
You said the Nets could of traded Dooling for Beasley?

umm yes.

During the offseason

STILL SMH:facepalm

Scoooter
02-18-2011, 02:41 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Brook Lopez fairs as a second option. He can obviously score like the number one guy, but maybe Melo taking that pressure off of him will allow him to focus more energy on other things, like rebounding and defense.

Shame about the Favor loss though, he and Lopez could have made one hell of a front court. And obviously Lopez/Favors/Carmelo would have been sick. Any Nets fans want to weigh in on this?

D12"Magic"
02-18-2011, 02:42 PM
umm yes.

During the offseason

STILL SMH:facepalm
:facepalm

Clutch
02-18-2011, 02:43 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Brook Lopez fairs as a second option. He can obviously score like the number one guy, but maybe Melo taking that pressure off of him will allow him to focus more energy on other things, like rebounding and defense.

Shame about the Favor loss though, he and Lopez could have made one hell of a front court. And obviously Lopez/Favors/Carmelo would have been sick. Any Nets fans want to weigh in on this?

Why are you talking like Melo is already a Net ?

There is a big chance he will play for Nets but the deal is a big "yes" from getting done.

D12"Magic"
02-18-2011, 02:44 PM

Shame about the Favor loss though, he and Lopez could have made one hell of a front court. And obviously Lopez/Favors/Carmelo would have been sick. Any Nets fans want to weigh in on this?It gives us a scorer, and Lopez can focus on other things. Favors was never gonna show his full potential on the Nets with limited Minutes and No plays made for him.

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 02:44 PM
its hard to see ny'ers show melo any love the first year in brooklyn for passing up the knicks.

Scoooter
02-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Why are you talking like Melo is already a Net ?

There is a big chance he will play for Nets but the deal is a big "yes" from getting done.
Just spitballing. A little chit-chat. :confusedshrug:

Scoooter
02-18-2011, 02:46 PM
It gives us a scorer, and Lopez can focus on other things. Favors was never gonna show his full potential on the Nets with limited Minutes and No plays made for him.
Why was that happening? Avery Johnson doesn't like him or something?

D12"Magic"
02-18-2011, 02:47 PM
its hard to see ny'ers show melo any love the first year in brooklyn for passing up the knicks.
:lol Ny'ers will be Ny'ers as always.

D12"Magic"
02-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Why was that happening? Avery Johnson doesn't like him or something?
Not sure why, I guess hes just not the right coach to develop young players. Besides, his teammates never dish him the ball.

Pokerface
02-18-2011, 02:51 PM
after billups is gone, its just melo and lopez, no picks, 2 lakers bench warmers
If the trade does go down, the Nets would have in addition to Melo, Billups, Balkman, Ely, and Shelden Williams, the following players: Lopez, Humphries, Farmer, Graham, Damion James, Morrow, Outlaw, Ross, Petro, and Vujacic.

Clippersfan86
02-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Why the hell would the Nets give up their 2nd best player, their rookie who may be a future all star and freaking 4 potential lottery picks? Then it's only a 3 year extension I believe... not a 6... Would ruin their franchise if he walks after 3 years.:wtf:

D12"Magic"
02-18-2011, 02:52 PM
If the trade does go down, the Nets would have in addition to Melo, Billups, Balkman, Ely, and Shelden Williams, the following players: Lopez, Humphries, Farmer, Graham, Damion James, Morrow, Outlaw, Ross, Petro, and Vujacic.
Thats a nice Bench.

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 02:55 PM
does nj have a shot at making the playoffs this year with melo?

Reverend Hoops
02-18-2011, 02:55 PM
They will have to make another trade for Melo to agree IMO.

Billups-RIP-Melo > Billups-Morrow-Melo

alenleomessi
02-18-2011, 02:56 PM
So its all up to Melo now to say yes ?

Draz
Wow. The Nets just bend over while the Nuggets gangbanged. The Knicks wouldn't even barely budge for Chandler/Gallo/Fields for Carmelo, but the Nets really look desprite. I wouldn't really blame them to be honest, but tough love for Melo when he appears in NY our fans really depended on him to be the one who can lift us into the playoffs not championship material but something young fans have yet to witness.

ReturnofJPR
If Melo agrees, I think it is a good deal since the Nets have so many other team's 1st round picks. I know they have the Lakers' pick, the Hawks' pick (could be wrong about that team), and another team's 1st rounder. Basically, they'll give away their 1st and other team's 1st rounders in next years draft for Melo. You gotta love that if you are the Nets. The best someone can hope for at the bottom of the draft is someone like Chicago's Taj Gibson. Obviously, no Melo would landing that far down.

I like the deal for the Nets since they aren't trading away 4 original Nets' picks. They have a large collection of other team's 1st round draft picks that are low in the draft order anyway.

If teams like the Knicks keep sucking, then yes.

D12"Magic"
02-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Gonna be tough.

Draz

I don't know their stats, but Melo/Rip/Billups is deadly.

boozehound
not really. 8.5 games back of 8th place with 3 teams ahead of them

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 02:58 PM
If Melo agrees, I think it is a good deal since the Nets have so many other team's 1st round picks. I know they have the Lakers' pick, the Hawks' pick (could be wrong about that team), and another team's 1st rounder. Basically, they'll give away their 1st and other team's 1st rounders in next years draft for Melo. You gotta love that if you are the Nets. The best someone can hope for at the bottom of the draft is someone like Chicago's Taj Gibson. Obviously, no Melo would landing that far down.

I like the deal for the Nets since they aren't trading away 4 Nets' picks. They have a large collection of other team's 1st round draft picks that are low in the draft order anyway.

um...what are you reading??? they are in fact giving away all 4 picks.

Reverend Hoops
02-18-2011, 02:59 PM
This also makes Prokhorov look like a tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCPf95_VGyQ

D12"Magic"
They will have to make another trade for Melo to agree IMO.

Billups-RIP-Melo > Billups-Morrow-Melo
I dont mind having Morrow RIPs contract is a killer. Morrow is young. He is easily one of the best 3pt shooters. Can score and split defenders. Plus Cap relief.

ReturnofJPR
Those 4 picks once belonged to the Lakers, Hawks, etc.

I like how Knick fans are getting jealous all of the sudden...come on guys put your grown up pants on. You slept on the deal and the Nets one upped you. It happens.

bagelred
02-18-2011, 03:00 PM
http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=07098586505C66E7C6E3.3068?site=n ewsday&view=sports_blogs_item&feed:a=newsday_5min&feed:c=sports_blogs&feed:i=1.2696937&nopaging=1

The Nuggets have talked with the Knicks and parameters of a deal have been set, but the Knicks have been hesitant to pull the trigger on a trade at the magnitude that the Nuggets are asking -- with, according to various reports, as many as three starters involved in the deal, including Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari and Timofey Mozgov. The Knicks do not want to completely gut their roster and, though Amar'e Stoudemire would love to team up with Anthony, a person close to him said the Knicks all-star also agrees that giving up too many players would be the wrong move at this point.

Exactly. Even Amare knows whats up.

Droid101
02-18-2011, 03:00 PM
not really. 8.5 games back of 8th place with 3 teams ahead of them
Yeah.. .the Pacers are at 30 losses and have been playing good since the coaching change.

The Nets are at 40 losses... Basically, the Nets wouldn't be able to lose again for the rest of the season to make it.

D12"Magic"
02-18-2011, 03:01 PM

No it doesn't, not sure if the Nets would win another game if he did not say no. He just wanted his team focused.

Clutch
02-18-2011, 03:01 PM

They are 8.5 games behind Indiana (8th seed).
There is still 25 games left for them.

Theoretically they have a chance but I don't think they can.
Until the end they will meet Chicago(twice),San Antonio,Boston,Orlando,Miami.
Let's say they will win 15 out of 25 games (even I don't think they will).

They would finish with 32-50.

That means that Indiana would need to win only 9 out of 28 games(0.321) and they are at 0.444 now.

boozehound
02-18-2011, 03:02 PM
um...what are you reading??? they are in fact giving away all 4 picks.
read him better. his point is that these are almost all (3 of the 4) picks that the nets acquired through trade (partly to use as trade chips). THey arent trading their own future picks, but low first rounders from the lakers and rockets (who knows about the warriors pick).

boozehound
02-18-2011, 03:03 PM

no, it doesnt. It makes him look like a smart business man who said what he had to to get the negotiations back under wraps and out of the limelight.

D12"Magic"
02-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Did they not get these picks to get Melo?

gasolina
02-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Quite frankly I'm not really happy for the nets on this deal.

If they re-sign Humphries and drop everyone else including Billups, their total salary for next year is around $47M.

Now if the cap does go down 10-20% as people have been hinting (to $46M-$52M), the nets won't have a chance to sign Deron or Chris Paul.

They'll be playoff fodder for all of Carmelos time there. They'd still be capped out but still won't have the talent to compete.

Thank you Travis Outlaw

bagelred
02-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Brook Lopez "Well.....putting arm around Melo.....looks like its me and you, partner."

Melo "Sure thing, Robin."

BL "Uh.....it's Brook."

Melo "Whatever...don't touch me."

Kingwillball
02-18-2011, 03:06 PM
It gives us a scorer, and Lopez can focus on other things. Favors was never gonna show his full potential on the Nets with limited Minutes and No plays made for him.

Lopez has regressed and is NO 2nd option. Nets are trying to be relevant with this deal (if it goes through) but it wont take long for Melo to realize he is in a black hole wasting his prime thus looking for a trade.

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 03:08 PM
if melo agrees to become a net...it is 100% financial and not about winning and a guy with his talents is gonna waste em in the best couple years of his career.

Kingwillball
02-18-2011, 03:10 PM
if melo agrees to become a net...it is 100% financial and not about winning and a guy with his talents is gonna waste em in the best couple years of his career.

I still think he will be a Knick and force Denver's hand over the weekend..If he does settle for NJ I will lose a little respect for him TBH.

bagelred
02-18-2011, 03:10 PM
I am 100 percent certain Nets and Nuggets have an agreement in place. Deal is pending Anthony's approval.

Al_Iannazzone Al Iannazzone - twitter

uuuuuuuuuuuuuh. ok.

Draz
02-18-2011, 03:11 PM
I like how Knick fans are getting jealous all of the sudden...come on guys put your grown up pants on. You slept on the deal and the Nets one upped you. It happens.

But you pulled your pants down & the Nuggets upped it in real good.

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 03:13 PM
But you pulled your pants down & the Nuggets upped it in real good.

and had some kinky 4play with them draft picks

Clutch
I still think he will be a Knick and force Denver's hand over the weekend..If he does settle for NJ I will lose a little respect for him TBH.
this

New York Knicks
Lol. How can people still be falling for this? It's gotten this "close" a couple of times already. And in the end, it was mysteriously nixed by the Nuggets.

oh the horror
So the "deal is pending" and its on Carmelo to give the okay....

Okay....so why hasnt he agreed yet?

Nelson14
02-18-2011, 03:14 PM
If the nuggets do this
****ing bravo to their FO

New York Knicks
02-18-2011, 03:15 PM

Cause nobody wants to play for the Nets. They've had great deals on the table for months now. The only reason a trade hasn't been done is because Melo doesn't wanna play there.

dbugz
Melo aint winning anything on Eastern Conference.

The 3 headed dragon + The Green Gang will be a hindrance for him on winning anything.

2nd round playoff exit every year. Goodluck to him.

bluechox2

he needs to sit down on Prokhorov's lap and get told what the future holds

DeronMillsap
Wouldn't you have more respect for him if he goes to New Jersey? He'll be the clear #1 option, in New York he'll be teaming up with Amare, another superstar.

Reverend Hoops

He is having a meeting with Dolan and Rocafella to decide.

boozehound
02-18-2011, 03:16 PM

because they are meeting this weekend in LA? This deal (or whatever deal) wont be finalized and official till the trade deadline.

D12"Magic"
Cause nobody wants to play for the Nets. They've had great deals on the table for months now. The only reason a trade hasn't been done is because Melo doesn't wanna play there.
Dont see how they will push the deal so hard if they knew he wouldnt want to play there.

Clutch

Okay....what's new ?

Fixed

Clutch
02-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Wouldn't you have more respect for him if he goes to New Jersey? He'll be the clear #1 option, in New York he'll be teaming up with Amare, another superstar.
No,because if he goes to Nets he will go there JUST BECAUSE OF MONEY.

If he wanted to be #1 option he could stay in Denver.

Dont see how they will push the deal so hard if they knew he wouldnt want to play there.
I have already explained you that in other thread.

protox
02-18-2011, 03:18 PM
It's all about the money. If Knicks up their trade for him, he'll be a Knick. If they don't then he'll be a Nets. He won't leave 65 or whatever millions on the table.

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 03:19 PM

denvers pushing hard just cause they are literally going to rape the nets of all their assets and crossing fingers on melo signing an extension
nj passes the criteria melo requires except for contending for a 'chip
1 extension
2 ny area is a few years

boozehound
look. In all likelihood he will never win a title regardless of whether he becomes a knick or a net. Sorry to burst your bubble.

So, if you were given the option of A) go to the knicks and have a 35% of winning a title for 40 million less (what many experts suggest could be the difference between an extension and a contract under the new CBA) or B) go to the nets and have a 20% chance of winning a title but make 40 million more, which would you pick?

NoGunzJustSkillz
Have they started building the new place for the nets in Brooklyn? and if Melo is all about the money, why won't he sign a max deal for 6 or 7 years? Also before this trade, I think melo would have a better shot at winning in NJ than in NY if he signed as a free agent in the off-season without NJ getting rid of any players. I really like the idea of Favors/Melo/Lopez/Harris

DeronMillsap
02-18-2011, 03:20 PM
No,because if he goes to Nets he will go there JUST BECAUSE OF MONEY.

If he wanted to be #1 option he could stay in Denver.

If he stays in Denver, it'll be for the money too because of that extra 60-something mill.

And if he goes to New York, it'll still be for the money with all the endorsement deals he'll get. :lol

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Have they started building the new place for the nets in Brooklyn? and if Melo is all about the money, why won't he sign a max deal for 6 or 7 years?

he wants 18 mil next year
new cba might start a sallary at 12-13mil level for stars (which is what lebron/wade/bosh is making)

Clutch
02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
look. In all likelihood he will never win a title regardless of whether he becomes a knick or a net. Sorry to burst your bubble.

So, if you were given the option of A) go to the knicks and have a 35% of winning a title for 40 million less (what many experts suggest could be the difference between an extension and a contract under the new CBA) or B) go to the nets and have a 20% chance of winning a title but make 40 million more, which would you pick?
Pretty much 0%.

And 40 million $ difference is bs.
It means that he would be payed 25 millions instead of 65 millions.

You really thing players will let their contracts be so reduced ?
Because there will be no games until the owners and players agree,and be sure that players won't accept such drastic changes.

Draz
02-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Players who want to win now & worry about financial issues later, wouldn't worry. Do you think all that money in the end is worth it? Spend it on what? These guys are going to have to really build up into a team they can trust with a worthy enough management to give them what they need.

To be honest, the Nets are sacrificing so much & putting everything on the table, it's hard to tell what's going to happen when everything is down path working correctly all systems checked, then what? Even joining the Knicks in NY wouldn't get him anything until another third party like Chris Paul joins.

I think Nets fans would be happy enough to have someone like his title joining the team even with the risky trades being done, but in the end where does it all gets you. I want him here in NY, but even when he's here what happens, were season champions or season warriors? No sense.

Edit: Example. Look at that one kid on the Hawks who got a STEAL amount out of a max deal extention, I forgot his name that's how much he's a nobody, dam wtf is his name. Carmelo is popular now, in 4-10 years, he's nothing but a former allstar when it comes down to it. Money aint a thing in the NBA, your body give you the ability to perform for years & get that check in your bank just once, your financially covered for life. For us? Unless we get the best top jobs, we won't be close to that amount in years to come. Look at Pierce who took the cut to win another ring with the Celtics.

CryinInTheCar
02-18-2011, 03:30 PM
yo whattup GOBB

its the return of a legend.

NJK2KMJ here. bow down!

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
i liked the sense of having a high profile scorer like melo on the team, i guess we will be waiting for gallo to turn into the next dirk. having a core of amare/melo/billups this season would make us the underdogs to upset the elite teams. who knows, maybe billups has another year left for a championship run.

Apocalyptic0n3
Have they started building the new place for the nets in Brooklyn? and if Melo is all about the money, why won't he sign a max deal for 6 or 7 years? Also before this trade, I think melo would have a better shot at winning in NJ than in NY if he signed as a free agent in the off-season without NJ getting rid of any players. I really like the idea of Favors/Melo/Lopez/Harris

http://www.barclayscenter.com/about/construction_update.shtml

They have stared and are actually pretty far along with the structure of the building.

Funnyfuka
lol:roll:

Kingwillball
02-18-2011, 03:32 PM

I think in NJ with them giving the farm away to get him he will be essentially alone and toil away his best yrs with a team that will struggle to even make the playoffs. Teaming with Amare and NY He will make the Knicks even more relevant and a threat in the East for yrs to come. Hey he didn't start the teaming with superstars thing( the Celtics and Lakers did to an extent followed by the Heat and even the Bulls) The Magic will also try to do the same thing given the chance.

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 03:33 PM
i wonder, will nj based nets fans drive to brooklyn for nets games?

Clutch
02-18-2011, 03:33 PM
If Melo says YES and this deal goes through I must congratulate Nuggets front office.

hawksdogsbraves
02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't understand this move from Carmelo's perspective at all. I think this whole deal might just force the Knicks to pull the trigger on their deal so that they don't miss out on Melo.

This would be such a bad move by Melo, the Nets will not contend until at least 2 years from now and that's only if they can get CP-3 up there. The Nets' core featuring Brook Lopez as the main man is so uninspiring that I can't see him going there.

Also breaking news Melo says that there won't be a meeting between himself and the Nets.

Draz
02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
i liked the sense of having a high profile scorer like melo on the team, i guess we will be waiting for gallo to turn into the next dirk. having a core of amare/melo/billups this season would make us the underdogs to upset the elite teams. who knows, maybe billups has another year left for a championship run.

You plan on evolving pikachu? :no:

The guy is good, he has potential, but I don't really see that happening.. Was Dirk ever a Gallo? Lol.

DeronMillsap
02-18-2011, 03:36 PM
I think in NJ with them giving the farm away to get him he will be essentially alone and toil away his best yrs with a team that will struggle to even make the playoffs. Teaming with Amare and NY He will make the Knicks even more relevant and a threat in the East for yrs to come. Hey he didn't start the teaming with superstars thing( the Celtics and Lakers did to an extent followed by the Heat and even the Bulls) The Magic will also try to do the same thing given the chance.
Yeah, I can see that point too. We are in the era of the superstars joining forces after all!!!

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 03:38 PM
You plan on evolving pikachu? :no:

The guy is good, he has potential, but I don't really see that happening.. Was Dirk ever a Gallo? Lol.
haha

Draz

It's really not that much of a trouble.. an hour maybe depending on traffic.. However I don't see why they want to bring NJ fans to Brooklyn.. It'll be populated with Knicks fans who have nothing better to do then watch Melo perform in person.. Who wants to see Brook Lopez? The guy above me is right he's more boring & uninspiring to watch then Duncan shooting freethrows & Durant play.

DeronMillsap
They can use the train. I always do when I go into NYC from upstate.

New York Knicks
The Nuggets are probably the ones that re-engaged them to drive the Knicks' price up.

Soundwave
02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Well, now we'll see if Melo is willing to put his money where his mouth is about wanting to play for a contending team (take a big pay cut and sign elsewhere).

YouCallILose
02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
4 first rounders and Favors who was a top 3 pick for Carmelo Anthony...what a fvcking joke, Nets are done. Bury that franchise

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 03:40 PM
4 first rounders and Favors who was a top 3 pick for Carmelo Anthony...what a fvcking joke, Nets are done. Bury that franchise

Is Billy King still the GM for the NETS:lol :lol

boozehound
Well, now we'll see if Melo is willing to put his money where his mouth is about wanting to play for a contending team (take a big pay cut and sign elsewhere).
Im sorry, but as an outside fan, I just dont see how melo and amare on this knicks team is a serious contender for the title. Enlighten me

bluechox2
i mean like, its not nj's team anymore, why bother supporting them, lits like you have an opportunily to sign on as a free agent of a new team.

bluechox2
02-18-2011, 03:42 PM
plus harris for a aging billups who will be done in a year and be back in denver

YouCallILose
02-18-2011, 03:43 PM
plus harris for a aging billups who will be done in a year and be back in denver

meh Harris isn't that great

But Favors and an unprotected 1st alone should be good enough to get Carmelo Anthony..much less 4 :facepalm

AI3Anthony
02-18-2011, 03:43 PM
After this trade Melo will essentially be where he was again.. but worse. Billups, Melo and then Lopez who is basically Nene. Melo, youre a dumbass.

boozehound
02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
yeah, its certainly an extreme deal. Im not a fan of harris, but I like favors and who knows with the picks. That being said, its a smart business move (maybe not a bball move) for the nets if this goes through. Instant face of the franchise, appeals broadly to many fans, and an exciting offensive player. Moving into brooklyn with melo and his hoochie in tow will be a huge win for them and will swipe many of the casual knicks fans.

Funnyfuka
02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Lopez has regressed and is NO 2nd option. Nets are trying to be relevant with this deal (if it goes through) but it wont take long for Melo to realize he is in a black hole wasting his prime thus looking for a trade.
none of the lopez bros lived up to the expectations.

Kingwillball
02-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Im sorry, but as an outside fan, I just dont see how melo and amare on this knicks team is a serious contender for the title. Enlighten me

Well it ia a srious one two puch two top 10 scorers in the league to build around. U add a Cp3 and maybe a solid Center like Bogut or Perkins and the Knicks become very serious.

The Poet
02-18-2011, 03:47 PM
This deal is more played out than Ronnie and Sammi

alenleomessi
02-18-2011, 03:47 PM
At least Favors will get more minutes with the Nuggets

Nastradamus
02-18-2011, 03:48 PM
You people are idiots sometimes. The Nets are crap, absolute nothing with the group they have now. Devin Harris has never done anything to help a team win a significant amount of games in his career. He's a score first PG who can't shoot.

There's a great article floating around out there about how much Melo helps his team win games and how much he makes the players around him better, despite lack of assists. He is a truly elite, all time great scorer. People call him a volume scorer like he is Ben Gordon or something. If you are a team like the Nets, you go out, get your superstar(one who is in his prime and from the area, which will help make a TON of money for the franchise if nothing else) and you build from there. With teams like Miami,Chicago and maybe even the Knicks if they pull Chris Paul or Deron or something, you need a star to compete.

The Nets have an owner who will spend money to add around Melo, I guarantee it. They'll spend up and over the cap, they'll use the MLE and BLE etc. They will add talent around Melo. They have a really good young C, a really good, defensive oriented head coach and the perfect backcourt to pair with Melo, 2 dead eye shooters, one being Billups, a savvy veteran PG who sets up the offense, puts in effort on D,knows how to win and knocks down shots. Humpries is a strong rebounder at the 4 and Vujacic,Farmar and James are depth/role player guys who can contribute a little, though not a whole lot. James could be special eventually though.

This is a steal of a deal for NJ. Most of the picks they give up are crap, they don't take on any awful salary and Favors has looked like a bust so far, showing very little if anything. No way you hold back any of that in return for a superstar who if he comes, will be coming with an extension. The Nets lose nothing of value off the current roster and Prokhorov is a guy who will buy picks if it comes right down to it.

boozehound
02-18-2011, 03:48 PM
After this trade Melo will essentially be where he was again.. but worse. Billups, Melo and then Lopez who is basically Nene. Melo, youre a dumbass.
anyone who thinks he wants NYC as a bball move is just wrong. he and his hoochie want to be a part of the beautiful people. That is what this move is about.

Funnyfuka
02-18-2011, 03:49 PM
there is something unhealthy about multimillionaires doing their best to earn even more millions and covering , sugarcoating the whole thing with bullshits arguments about honnor, pride and loyalty. And something even more unhealthy with millions of people following this... talk about living vicarously trhu other people lives...

Nastradamus
02-18-2011, 03:49 PM
meh Harris isn't that great

But Favors and an unprotected 1st alone should be good enough to get Carmelo Anthony..much less 4 :facepalm

yeah right. If you had Melo, a true superstar who basically guarantees you 45 wins mininum regardless of supporting cast, you would never give him away for that deal. You had to put something out there the KNicks wouldn't outbid.

Fatstogie
02-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Need to change the thread title to "Nuggets and Nets agree..." LOL i dont think melo has agreed to anything.

Nor will he. NJ is garbage. Hes not gonna go to a .298 team. Tahts just utter retardation for anoyone who even entertains the idea.

Id say its more likely that he go to cleveland than nj. lol

Nets fan 93
02-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Last time Kidd got traded he played for east still. but im not sure now if they will change it.
Kidd wasnt traded untill after the AS game. they agreed before the allstar break but Devean George held it up.

You people are idiots sometimes. The Nets are crap, absolute nothing with the group they have now. Devin Harris has never done anything to help a team win a significant amount of games in his career. He's a score first PG who can't shoot.

There's a great article floating around out there about how much Melo helps his team win games and how much he makes the players around him better, despite lack of assists. He is a truly elite, all time great scorer. People call him a volume scorer like he is Ben Gordon or something. If you are a team like the Nets, you go out, get your superstar(one who is in his prime and from the area, which will help make a TON of money for the franchise if nothing else) and you build from there. With teams like Miami,Chicago and maybe even the Knicks if they pull Chris Paul or Deron or something, you need a star to compete.

The Nets have an owner who will spend money to add around Melo, I guarantee it. They'll spend up and over the cap, they'll use the MLE and BLE etc. They will add talent around Melo. They have a really good young C, a really good, defensive oriented head coach and the perfect backcourt to pair with Melo, 2 dead eye shooters, one being Billups, a savvy veteran PG who sets up the offense, puts in effort on D,knows how to win and knocks down shots. Humpries is a strong rebounder at the 4 and Vujacic,Farmar and James are depth/role player guys who can contribute a little, though not a whole lot. James could be special eventually though.

This is a steal of a deal for NJ. Most of the picks they give up are crap, they don't take on any awful salary and Favors has looked like a bust so far, showing very little if anything. No way you hold back any of that in return for a superstar who if he comes, will be coming with an extension. The Nets lose nothing of value off the current roster and Prokhorov is a guy who will buy picks if it comes right down to it.
This was basically what I was going to say after all the BS posts on the 1st couple of pages.

YouCallILose
02-18-2011, 03:51 PM
yeah right. If you had Melo, a true superstar who basically guarantees you 45 wins mininum regardless of supporting cast, you would never give him away for that deal. You had to put something out there the KNicks wouldn't outbid.

Carmelo Anthony does not guarantee you 45 wins :lol

He's not even a top 10 player in the league

bluechox2
At least Favors will get more minutes with the Nuggets
:lol
not this season

8BeastlyXOIAD

This past month he has been playing like a top 7 player

Stuckey
02-18-2011, 03:52 PM

:lol :applause: :applause:

iDunk
02-18-2011, 03:52 PM
LOL

Carmelo just said "If I spoke to that guy, I don't know what I would tell him"

That guy he's talking about is Mikhail Prokhorov. Come on my Nets, you're better than that. Welcome to NY though Melo. :applause:

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 03:53 PM
LOL

That guy he's talking about is Mikhail Prokhorov. Come on my Nets, you're better than that. Welcome to NY though Melo. :applause:

link?:oldlol: :oldlol: :cheers:

Kingwillball

LOl..Nice

Clutch
No deal in place to send Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony to Nets, team official says

A team official who is up-to-date on the talks between the Nets and Denver Nuggets regarding All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony told The Star-Ledger that no deal has been agreed to between the teams and as of now, no meeting has been set between Anthony and the Nets to discuss whether he would sign a contract extension if he were traded to the team.
The official requested anonymity because talks between the teams are confidential.
The Bergen Record reported today that the Nets and Nuggets had agreed to terms on a deal to send Anthony east, and a meeting had been arranged between the player and Nets officials.
Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov declared on Jan. 19 that the Nets were ending their pursuit of Anthony because the negotiations had dragged on too long, become too public, and the price for Anthony had risen too high. But the teams reportedly restarted talks over a week ago, and a second team official said Prokhorov has taken over handling the Anthony deal, negotiating directly with Denver's front office.
The official was granted anonymity because he is not authorized to speak for the Nets.
The second official was asked if giving up two starters and four first round picks to Denver, as has been reported, seems like a lot to give up for Anthony.
"It does, but you've got to get that first star,'' he said. "The first star will get the second star. Those guys attract players.''
Speaking today at a community service event in south Los Angeles, Anthony said the reported meeting with Prokhorov is "news to me."
"If I was to meet with that guy (Prokhorov) to be honest I really don’t know what I would say," Anthony said.
Any deal agreed to by the teams for Anthony, however, would likely be contingent on Anthony signing a contract extension to stay with the Nets beyond this season. Anthony has refused to sign a three-year, $65-million extension with the Nuggets.
The Nets will have to meet with Anthony to hear whether he would sign with them. Prokhorov and Nets general manager Billy King are in Los Angeles -- where Anthony will participate in the NBA All-Star Game this weekend -- for the NBA GM meetings and Board of Governors' meetings. Nets CEO Brett Yormark and minority owner Jay-Z are reportedly going to be there, as well.
Reports say the Nets are talking about sending point guard Devin Harris and rookie power forward Derrick Favors, as well as banished power forward Troy Murphy, rookie Ben Uzoh and four first round picks to Denver for Anthony, point guard Chauncey Billups, and forwards Shelden Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman.
The second official also said that regardless of whether or not a deal to send Anthony to the Nets is finally consummated, it appears Harris' time with the Nets is over.
The team has "a couple'' of potential deals for Harris on the table, according to the official, one of which has been reported as sending him to Portland for some package that would include 34-year-old point guard Andre Miller coming to the Nets, along with other pieces. Shooting guard Anthony Morrow's name has been mentioned as another player that would interest the Blazers. Backup center Joel Przyzbilla and guard Rudy Fernandez could reportedly come to New Jersey in that deal.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2011/02/no_deal_in_place_to_send_nugge.html

Funnyfuka
02-18-2011, 03:54 PM
how dumb you ve got to be to believe melo will go to NJ. He s absolutely not interested by prokorov offers since the begining, even if the russian is trying again and again to seduce him.

He s going to NY, period. Now enough with that crap.

ihatetimthomas
02-18-2011, 03:55 PM

I don't think it makes them instant contenders bc clearly there are other components involved that are needed to build a team, but when you put together 2 players of their caliber, it gives you at least puts them in the position to be a great team. Getting the #1 and 2 options are the tough part. After that, players will find NY to be a good place to sign at a discounted price bc they will get to play with great players. You put talent together, and role players will follow.

No one knows if they will be legit contenders, but in the NBA, if you have the chance to put two superstars together, I think its a no brainer. Amare and Melo are not perfect fits, but you can't wait around forever for the perfect combo of players to sign at the same time. I think Melo puts them in a great positon to be among the better teams in the NBA.

Kingwillball
02-18-2011, 03:56 PM

He is easily top 10 when Motivated..Lately that is clear cut. A trade to Knicks would also jump start his career and give him a renewed spark which makes him lethal.

YouCallILose
02-18-2011, 03:57 PM
He is easily top 10 when Motivated..Lately that is clear cut. A trade to Knicks would also jump start his career and give him a renewed spark which makes him lethal.

LeBron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Kobe
CP3
Dirk
Rose
Deron

And then you have Melo/Nash/Aldridge/Westbrook/Amare. If he's top 10, its borderline.

He's averaged 25/7/3 on 45 FG% 54 TS% while taking 20 shots per game. That's not that great.

ihatetimthomas
02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
LeBron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Kobe
CP3
Dirk
Rose
Deron

And then you have Melo/Nash/Aldridge/Westbrook/Amare

I would put Melo at that 10 spot

Real Men Wear Green
02-18-2011, 04:02 PM
What info is revealed different from what was already in this link? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209423) Aside from the misleading thread title?

Nets fan 93
02-18-2011, 04:02 PM
LOL

He wouldn't be talking at all... The meeting would be all Prokhorov explaining to Melo' why he should sign. It's not a friendly convo they are gonna have.

Nastradamus
02-18-2011, 04:03 PM

oh, it must have been his all star supporting cast that has them averaging 48 wins since his rookie year. My mistake. You probably believe the guy who "crunched the numbers" and decided the Knicks would win 29 games a year if they acquired Melo, despite him consistently winning 20 more than that in a tougher conference with a weaker team around him.

Melo, despite assist numbers, has made every player that ever played with him betters statistically other than 2,Camby and Lenard, Camby surely being an anomally as he isn't much of a scoring type either way. All of their true shooting numbers rise significantly when paired with Melo. He opens up the whole court and you know he can bail you out with the shotclock running out. despite his defensive reputation, he has always gone head to head with top SFs like Lebron very well. You have no idea what you are talking about. Melo is a superstar, an all time great scorer and an easy HOFer. You take a guy like him and build around him every time. The NJ Nets are going nowhere with Lopez,Favors,Harris

Nastradamus
02-18-2011, 04:04 PM
LeBron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Kobe
CP3
Dirk
Rose
Deron

And then you have Melo/Nash/Aldridge/Westbrook/Amare. If he's top 10, its borderline.

He's averaged 25/7/3 on 45 FG% 54 TS% while taking 20 shots per game. That's not that great.

Read this and STFU please

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/15/why-carmelo-anthony-is-the-ultimate-team-player-and-what-advanced-stats-miss-about-him/

Fatstogie
02-18-2011, 04:13 PM
LeBron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Kobe
CP3
Dirk
Rose
Deron

25.1/4.8/5.4 46%

25.2/2.8/7.6 45%

So kobe is roughly in the same area, how is he so easily on the list? CAuse if yoru taking career accomplishment into account rose and durant dont belong up there.

Actually deron williams dont belong up there either. ACtually neither does cp3.

Yea you need to take out cp3 and deron and replace them with amare and melo. EAsily. what are they scoring 16 ppg? Vs 25. YOur a dumb gm dude.

Granted the assists are nice but points beats assists.

Especially when raymond felton is playing near to both them right now. ONly .6 down on assists. But up a couple on scoring. So why get rid of him and pay 4x as much for the same stats?

yea ur dumb.

Kingwillball
02-18-2011, 04:13 PM
LeBron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Kobe
CP3
Dirk
Rose
Deron

Get it straight Melo is up there with Durant as the best pure scorer in the NBA..He can easily Lead the league in scoring and is one of the only SF's averaging over 7 boards a gm besides Lebron. I would take Melo easily over Cp3 or Derron and maybe even Dirk. BTW Where is Lebron in your top 10?

Kingwillball
02-18-2011, 04:15 PM
25.1/4.8/5.4 46%

25.2/2.8/7.6 45%

So kobe is roughly in the same area, how is he so easily on the list? CAuse if yoru taking career accomplishment into account rose and durant dont belong up there.

Yea you need to take out cp3 and deron and replace them with amare and melo. EAsily. what are they scoring 16 ppg? Vs 25. YOur a dumb gm dude.

Especially when raymond felton is playing near to both them right now. ONly .6 down on assists. But up a couple on scoring. So why get rid of him and pay 4x as much for the same stats?

yea ur dumb.

Agreed read my post below I said I would take Melo over ANY PG(Rose would be the only Debatable one IMO cause of his upside) Melo is easily a top 10 talent.

ihatetimthomas
02-18-2011, 04:47 PM
25.1/4.8/5.4 46%

25.2/2.8/7.6 45%

yea ur dumb.

Dude you argument regarding points vs asissts is very weak. So anyone who scores more is ranked higher? SHould Monta Ellis be up there above Deron and CP3??

Deron is averaging over 21 points a game along with 10 dimes. I take that over Melos scoring anyday.

Its arguable to compare Melo and Deron/Paul but your argument is very empty. Your argument is you take melo over those guys just because he scores more. There is a lot more involved in basketball than scoring

maggett
02-18-2011, 05:25 PM
fake :cheers:

Blue&Orange
02-18-2011, 05:29 PM

For what? Not being raped?

If the rumored deal is true, you probably should be laughing at the Nets and Melo, they could be basically agreeing in years of complete irrelevance.

InspiredLebowski
02-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm not going through 160 some posts to see if someone's answered it, where do the 4 picks come from?

maggett
02-18-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm not going through 160 some posts to see if someone's answered it, where do the 4 picks come from?

Originally Posted by boozehound

beeazy
02-18-2011, 05:40 PM

Nets 1st rd this year
Lakers 1st rd this year
Rockets 1st rd next year(lotto protected until 2016)
Warriors 1st rd next year(top 7 protected for 2012 & 2013, top 6 protected in 2014, if after all that and Nets still don't get the pick it becomes 2014 and 2016 2nd rd picks.)

InspiredLebowski
02-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Nets 1st rd this year
Lakers 1st rd this year
Rockets 1st rd next year(lotto protected until 2016)
Warriors 1st rd next year(top 7 protected for 2012 & 2013, top 6 protected in 2014, if after all that and Nets still don't get the pick it becomes 2014 and 2016 2nd rd picks.)Thanks. Looks like a bunch of mid-late 1st rounders most likely.

NuggetsFan
02-18-2011, 05:49 PM
No way this is serious. Harris\Favors 4 1st rounders? That's insane. I would be happy with Favors + Net's 1st round pick this year plus whatever other picks we could slavage.

Probably harder to sell Melo on the extension without Harris there.

Melo's probably kicking himself in the nut's for signing in Denver for another year. This whole CBA thing\extension\lockout is the only thing that's giving Denver leverage and is probably the only reason he might land in NJ.

Harrison_Barnes
02-18-2011, 06:15 PM
I cant wait for the deadline.. really tired of seeing the same rumor being posted 35 times. :confusedshrug:

GOBB
02-18-2011, 06:25 PM
For what? Not being raped?

Losing out to Lebron last summer then Melo now. The more NYK strike out the better.