PDA

View Full Version : Prokhorov: Meeting With 'Melo "Fantastic", Filled with "Real Man Talk"

Nets fan 93
02-20-2011, 06:33 PM
In an exclusive interview with CNBC's Darren Rovell, Mikhail Prokhorov said he fully enjoyed his meeting with Carmelo Anthony Saturday but wouldn't comment on whether he thought the Nugget All-Star will agree to a trade to the Nets.

"It was a fantastic meeting, trust me," Prokhorov said, smiling. "No words, live music, excellent atmosphere. We looked into each other's eyes. Just real man talk."

It was the first time Prokhorov has spoken to the U.S. media since his January 19 press conference where he famously instructed Billy King to "walk away" from trade negotiations with the Nuggets, saying it had gone on too long and cost the team games. Prokhorov told Rovell he still thinks it was the right decision. He also said he had no intention to meet with Anthony in Los Angeles but that Billy King had asked him to join the discussion.

And even if the Nets don't win Prokhorov in the final stages of the 'Melo-Drama, Prokhorov said it was a good tactical decision because the negotiations forced the rival Knicks to give up more than they wanted. "I think we made a very good tactical decision to force (the) Knicks to pay as much as they can," Prokhorov said. "So it's very good, it's very interesting, it's very competitive."
http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/2/20/2004669/prokhorov-meeting-with-melo-fantastic-filled-with-real-man-talk

So the meeting went well... It semms like he doesn't even care. Well at least we have finally heard from him.

Funnyfuka
02-20-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/2/20/2004669/prokhorov-meeting-with-melo-fantastic-filled-with-real-man-talk

So the meeting went well... It semms like he doesn't even care. Well at least we have finally heard from him.

is this moron gay? cause he just said they both enjoyed listening to music while watching each others in the eyes? wtf?

russians are weird.

The Next Jordan
02-20-2011, 06:42 PM
He just learned English so i'll give him a pass.

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I will always hate Jersey for ruining (or some might say, exposing the lie of) the Antoine Walker Era. But it's hard not to like Prokhorov.

LA_Showtime
02-20-2011, 06:51 PM
is this moron gay? cause he just said they both enjoyed listening to music while watching each others in the eyes? wtf?

russians are weird.

:oldlol:

niko
02-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Read the article. It doesn't sound like the meeting went well at all. He makes a point to say a good thing was they drove the price up for the Knicks. Does that sound like they accomplished selling Melo on NJ? Do you hear NY talking about the meeting? Or drivign up the price for NJ?

YouCallILose
02-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Prokhorov is a cool guy..I wish he owned a better team though

He would absolutely rape the league if there was no cap like baseball

ProfessorMurder
02-20-2011, 06:57 PM
is this moron gay?

Moron? He's made more money than you could dream of.

knickscity
02-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Read the article. It doesn't sound like the meeting went well at all. He makes a point to say a good thing was they drove the price up for the Knicks. Does that sound like they accomplished selling Melo on NJ? Do you hear NY talking about the meeting? Or drivign up the price for NJ?

He isn't trying to get Melo exclusively, he is trying drive up our price in an effort for us to have a weaker product.

But just in case they have a shot or not for Melo, I think NJ would try to still deal with Denver for the vast amount of other players they have that I'm sure they want to get rid of.

Melo never wanted Jersey or meet with them.

He was forced to do so, to meet with the Knicks.

Prokhorov is gonna be doing stuff like this for a while.

They are coming to Brooklyn, and they want a piece of our city.

Nets fan 93
02-20-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure he would have just put his foot down again. Plus you can never really tell what is going to happen with him... who knows?

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-20-2011, 07:07 PM
:rolleyes: :wtf:

So what going on?

niko
02-20-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure he would have just put his foot down again. Plus you can never really tell what is going to happen with him... who knows?
i actually think the NEts have a shot. I just don't see how people look at some of these things and see positive things. This meeting seemed anything but positive. I know the Nets are a fallback position, but not because of this meeting. What Prokorov got from the meeting was that he could drive up the price for the Knicks. That was really not the point.

dunksby
02-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Thats how they roll in Russia :D

knickscity
02-20-2011, 07:10 PM
:rolleyes: :wtf:

So what going on?
Proky really said "Melo, I know you wanna go to the Knicks. I understand why", "but right now I am gonna screw them, because you are sitting right here with me".

In the words Uri in the movie 2012......

"We are taking the Bentley".

Nets fan 93
02-20-2011, 07:11 PM
i actually think the NEts have a shot. I just don't see how people look at some of these things and see positive things. This meeting seemed anything but positive. I know the Nets are a fallback position, but not because of this meeting. What Prokorov got from the meeting was that he could drive up the price for the Knicks. That was really not the point.
You never know with him. Maybe he is only saying half the story?

Prokhorov isn't conceding. He's saying either way, its a win-win. We either get Melo or we get the Knicks to overpay.
From Netsdaily twitter.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Proky really said "Melo, I know you wanna go to the Knicks. I understand why", "but right now I am gonna screw them, because you are sitting right here with me".

In the words Uri in the movie 2012......

"We are taking the Bentley".
:wtf:

SMH could have gotten Michael Beasley for Keyon Dooling:facepalm

bagelred
02-20-2011, 07:13 PM

The reason the Nets have a shot is the adviser to the Nuggets owner (forgot his name) is trying to steer Nuggets to not give Melo everything he wants, i.e. traded to Knicks with extension. That's really only hope if Nuggets basically want to f over Melo, which IS possible.

But my guess is at this point, Nuggets think Knicks offer is good enought to save face, and the trade will happen by Tuesday the latest.

BallsOut
02-20-2011, 07:14 PM
"It was a fantastic meeting, trust me," Prokhorov said, smiling. "No words, live music, excellent atmosphere. We looked into each other's eyes. Just real man talk."

Is it just me or is there something wrong with this statement? :lol

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2011, 07:15 PM
If they at least got Melo to view them as a second acceptable option it was somewhat productive. He isn't lying when he says that driving the price up for NY is a small victory for them, as he's going to be competing with them for the heart of New York. Of course, If the Knicks have Melo and STAT I don't see how they're going to win that fight but he should weaken the soon-to-be in-state Atlantic rival as much as he can. Plus Dolan is allegedly at odds with his basketball people who think the price for Melo is too high. So there's a (very) small chance that they may beat the Knicks offer and actually get Anthony. The meeting was probably the right idea, and certainly couldn't have hurt.

CelticBaller
02-20-2011, 07:15 PM
:wtf:

SMH could have gotten Michael Beasley for Keyon Dooling:facepalm
who cares?

Nets fan 93
02-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Nah, just you being immature.

knickscity
02-20-2011, 07:18 PM
The reason the Nets have a shot is the adviser to the Nuggets owner (forgot his name) is trying to steer Nuggets to not give Melo everything he wants, i.e. traded to Knicks with extension. That's really only hope if Nuggets basically want to f over Melo, which IS possible.

But my guess is at this point, Nuggets think Knicks offer is good enought to save face, and the trade will happen by Tuesday the latest.
All three ownerships are some dunces.

Nuggets want to screw Melo.

Nets want to help Denver screw Knicks.

Knicks caught between a ridiculous situation.

Scoooter
02-20-2011, 07:19 PM

Isiah Thomas and James Dolan in the driver's seat. :facepalm

bagelred
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM

It comes back to who was going to blink first. We've been saying this all along. Who was going to blink? Nuggets, Melo, or Knicks?

And of course, the Knicks blinked first. they have leverage to either get Melo at a bargain basement price or get Melo in free agency. to try to play real hardball but it didn't happen. They blinked first and are still blinking.

Doranku
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM

So no words, music, and looking into each other's eyes. Too bad the Nets don't still have Richard Jefferson, sounds like he would've been a great negotiator for a meeting like this one.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-20-2011, 07:24 PM
who cares?

I care :cry:

Nets fan 93
02-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Why? you an NJ fan?

knickscity
02-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Isiah Thomas and James Dolan in the driver's seat. :facepalm
What's even worse is they put out a report saying that no outsiders are helping them in these negotiations.

Why address something that you know isn't true.

Our Front Office is ran by kids.

They told on themselves by saying that.

Dad: Son, did you eat my cake?

Son: No, I didn't eat the cake in the fridge.

Dad: How did you know it was in the fridge?

CelticBaller
02-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Beasly would've ended up in melo trade talks, then play like shit so his value goes down. you should be happy

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2011, 07:27 PM
It comes back to who was going to blink first. We've been saying this all along. Who was going to blink? Nuggets, Melo, or Knicks?

And of course, the Knicks blinked first. they have leverage to either get Melo at a bargain basement price or get Melo in free agency. to try to play real hardball but it didn't happen. They blinked first and are still blinking.
The Nets and Anthony appear to be serious enough that getting Anthony as a FA isn't an option. Depending on what the new CBA looks like he'd have to sacrifice 10s of millions in guaranteed contract money. The player willing to give up all of that is extremely rare.

bagelred
02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
The Nets and Anthony appear to be serious enough that getting Anthony as a FA isn't an option. Depending on what the new CBA looks like he'd have to sacrifice 10s of millions in guaranteed contract money. The player willing to give up all of that is extremely rare.

So? Who cares? Melo doesn't guarantee anything!!!! Who gives a shit?

NuggetsFan
02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Melo doesn't strike me as a fella who likes to listen to classical musical and stare into eachother's eyes :oldlol: . Maybe Prok should have let Jay-Z take this one lol.

SinJackal
02-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Prokhorov is a cool guy..I wish he owned a better team though

He would absolutely rape the league if there was no cap like baseball

Prob' with that is, baseball owners get to vote on who's allowed to buy a team. Anyone with a personality to spend to win never gets voted favorably. Cuban was going to buy the Cubs for a billion dollars (literally), and get frozen out by the ALL other owners besides Steinbrenner, because they knew he'd spend to win.

Nets fan 93
02-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Prob' with that is, baseball owners get to vote on who's allowed to buy a team. Anyone with a personality to spend to win never gets voted favorably. Cuban was going to buy the Cubs for a billion dollars (literally), and get frozen out by the ALL other owners besides Steinbrenner, because they knew he'd spend to win.
Really? ouch...

04mzwach
02-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Melo doesn't strike me as a fella who likes to listen to classical musical and stare into eachother's eyes :oldlol: . Maybe Prok should have let Jay-Z take this one lol.
I'm pretty sure Jay-Z talked as well.

niko
02-20-2011, 07:34 PM

We really did not. YOu keep saying it, because you don't want melo and don't like the trade, but we really did not. You sound like the guy telling me the Z-Bo trade was terrible.

Melo WANTS the money. He's doing a good job blocking other options, but nothing i see makes me think he wouldn't accept it as a fallback. This thought that he'll just tellin everyone to **** off and we'd sign him in FA is a pipe dream.

NuggetsFan
02-20-2011, 07:37 PM
We really did not. YOu keep saying it, because you don't want melo and don't like the trade, but we really did not. You sound like the guy telling me the Z-Bo trade was terrible.

Melo WANTS the money. He's doing a good job blocking other options, but nothing i see makes me think he wouldn't accept it as a fallback. This thought that he'll just tellin everyone to **** off and we'd sign him in FA is a pipe dream.

Tried to tell him that like 10x. NY most likely had to aquire him through trade and give up pieces. If they didn't want Melo than ok but it's not like your going to get him for Wilson Chandler.

bagelred
02-20-2011, 07:37 PM

The goal is not to get Melo, the goal is to build a championship team. If we miss on Melo, we miss. We would have other options. We would still have all our young players, drafts picks, and cap flexibility.

Now we will have none of that. Two "star" players, with no depth, no cap space, no draft picks........

Once you lock yourself into a result (i.e. getting Carmelo) you've already lost. Nuggets are butt raping us for a player they were about to lose.

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2011, 07:38 PM
So? Who cares? Melo doesn't guarantee anything!!!! Who gives a shit?
James Dolan. And his shit is actually more important than your opinion when it comes to this particular issue. How about that?

knickscity
02-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Very true.

bagelred
02-20-2011, 07:46 PM
James Dolan. And his shit is actually more important than your opinion when it comes to this particular issue. How about that?

Wow, that was kind of a weird douchebag thing to say. Might as well close the forum down.

knickscity
02-20-2011, 07:46 PM
The goal is not to get Melo, the goal is to build a championship team. If we miss on Melo, we miss. We would have other options. We would still have all our young players, drafts picks, and cap flexibility.

Now we will have none of that. Two "star" players, with no depth, no cap space, no draft picks........

Once you lock yourself into a result (i.e. getting Carmelo) you've already lost. Nuggets are butt raping us for a player they were about to lose.
U honestly believe this?

bagelred
02-20-2011, 07:47 PM
U honestly believe this?

I believe we had more leverage than giving away all our young players and assets, yes. I hate to break it to you, but Melo isn't Lebron, Melo isn't Tim Duncan, or a young Shaq.

niko
02-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Tried to tell him that like 10x. NY most likely had to aquire him through trade and give up pieces. If they didn't want Melo than ok but it's not like your going to get him for Wilson Chandler.
Plus the DWill, CP3, etc. of the world may work with us in FA to join the big two. There is a precedence. The Amare + Hope is just not as sexy. It really is not.

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Wow, that was kind of a weird douchebag thing to say. Might as well close the forum down.
You've been possibly intentionally stupid when it comes to this issue for months now. Someone was going to let you have it sooner or later.

knickscity
02-20-2011, 07:50 PM
I believe we had more leverage than giving away all our young players and assets, yes. I hate to break it to you, but Melo isn't Lebron, Melo isn't Tim Duncan, or a young Shaq.
Just as much as we don't know whatt our young players will become either.

We about to lose one of them regardless.

NuggetsFan
02-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Plus the DWill, CP3, etc. of the world may work with us in FA to join the big two. There is a precedence. The Amare + Hope is just not as sexy. It really is not.

Like I said before Melo's still pretty young. NY lands a legit 26 year old franchise player who relies on skill and not athletic ability who doesn't have a history of any serious injuries. It's a pretty big piece for them going forward considering there location.

Sky2k8336
02-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Actually, I agree with Bagel. I think the Knicks DID have a lot of leverage, but we need Melos help. Melo didn't use any of the leverage he had. He never came out and said no to NJ.

While the Knicks were playing hardball, Melo was getting worried we really didn't care. Dolan meets with Melo to reassure him, and all leverage is gone. It is Melo and the Knicks fault, but I do think we had a ton of leverage coming into the weekend.

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Actually, I agree with Bagel. I think the Knicks DID have a lot of leverage, but we need Melos help. Melo didn't use any of the leverage he had. He never came out and said no to NJ.

While the Knicks were playing hardball, Melo was getting worried we really didn't care. Dolan meets with Melo to reassure him, and all leverage is gone. It is Melo and the Knicks fault, but I do think we had a ton of leverage coming into the weekend.
No, Melo wants that full 65 mill. Perhaps when he's 33 or something and doesn't have a ring yet he may sign somewhere on the cheap to finally get a Championship but he's still 26 right now so you had better believe he's going for that money. Especially with a new CBA looming that could shrink FA offers even further. You guys should understand that the 10s of millions he'd be giving up is money he'll probably never have the chance to make again in his life, he's not a Fortune 500 CEO that's going to be making megamillions in his 60s, he's a basketball player that will probably start losing money on net average by the time he turns 40. If he has financial advisers around him worth a damn they are all telling him, "Whatever you do, sign that ****ing extension."

kabalcage
02-20-2011, 08:20 PM
From Russia with love, I fly to you,
Much wiser since my goodbye to you,
I've traveled the world to learn,
I must return from Russia with love.

I've seen places, faces, and smiled for a moment,
But oh, you haunted me so.
Still my tongue tied, young pride
Would not let my love for you show
In case you'd say no.

To Russia I flew, but there and then
I suddenly knew you'd care again
My running around is through,
I fly to you from Russia with love

knickscity
02-20-2011, 08:30 PM
No, Melo wants that full 65 mill. Perhaps when he's 33 or something and doesn't have a ring yet he may sign somewhere on the cheap to finally get a Championship but he's still 26 right now so you had better believe he's going for that money. Especially with a new CBA looming that could shrink FA offers even further. You guys should understand that the 10s of millions he'd be giving up is money he'll probably never have the chance to make again in his life, he's not a Fortune 500 CEO that's going to be making megamillions in his 60s, he's a basketball player that will probably start losing money on net average by the time he turns 40. If he has financial advisers around him worth a damn they are all telling him, "Whatever you do, sign that ****ing extension."

Agreed.

These same folks that think Melo should pass up on his money wouldn't do it in their lives.

Nobody saying that to Amar'e when he ran to the Knicks and got what he couldn't get in PHX, where he really wanted to be.

Folks are some flat out hypocrites.

SirPresident
02-20-2011, 08:45 PM

Its worded very oddly, but my guess is this is more of an effect of just learning english then it is being a weird dude. I have some friends from Quebec who just say really odd shit sometimes, and then you explain how people take it and they never say it again. It can't be easy trying to talk to the media when your ESL. Gotta feel for the guy.... that said, yes it reads real funny.

Scoooter
02-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Work with us? As in D-Will or CP3 will take a pay cut to come play in New York?

Borat
02-20-2011, 09:29 PM
If he has financial advisers around him worth a damn they are all telling him, "Whatever you do, sign that ****ing extension."

That's not pleasant language.

Clutch
02-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Work with us? As in D-Will or CP3 will take a pay cut to come play in New York?
That's actually not that impossible.

They would get a lot of money from endorsements and they would be immediate championship contenders.

Blue&Orange
02-20-2011, 09:35 PM
http://nrestivo.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/knicks-fans.jpg

Clutch
02-20-2011, 09:37 PM
http://nrestivo.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/knicks-fans.jpg
Great pic :bowdown: :bowdown:

Repped

Harion
02-20-2011, 10:49 PM
http://nrestivo.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/knicks-fans.jpg:lol :applause: thread ender FTW!

Lebron23
02-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Best Team Owner in the NBA.

ukplayer4
02-20-2011, 11:02 PM
this guy is awesome for the league, someone who actually says whats on his mind. refreashing.

D12"Magic"
02-20-2011, 11:08 PM
alanhahn Alan Hahn
Source tells Newsday Denver has told Knicks tonight that Timofey Mozgov must be included in multi-player deal for Carmelo. #fb

D12"Magic"
02-20-2011, 11:11 PM
[B]alanhahn Source says if Knicks decline to include Mozgov in the package, Anthony will be traded to the Nets.
ChrisMannixSI Sources say Minnesota, which will deal a No. 1 pick and absorb Curry, hasn

Scoooter
02-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Holy hell. **** the Nuggets.

bagelred
02-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Oh My G-d

Walk

A

Way

NuggetsFan
02-20-2011, 11:14 PM
I wish Denver would get Felton outta that deal. Timmy M, Fields, Gallo would make me cream myself. Melo\Billups and give 'em whoever else they want not named Lawson\Afflalo\Nene.

bagelred
02-20-2011, 11:15 PM
I am so ****ing pissed. Because I know the Knicks are going to do it.

Desperate times call for desperate measure. We need a Godfather type hit on Dolan, Isiah, Grunfeld, and Carrot Top simultaneously, installing Walsh as the permanent godfather (No reason on the Carrot Top, he just annoys me).

Clutch
02-20-2011, 11:16 PM
alanhahn Alan Hahn
Source tells Newsday Denver has told Knicks tonight that Timofey Mozgov must be included in multi-player deal for Carmelo. #fb

Dolan will probably do it.

Nuggets played this out perfectly,Dolan(Isiah) will probably give them whatever they want.

D12"Magic"
02-20-2011, 11:17 PM

Desperate times call for desperate measure. We need a Godfather type hit on Dolan, Isiah, Grunfeld, and Carrot Top simultaneously, installing Walsh as the permanent godfather (No reason on the Carrot Top, he just annoys me). The Knicks will say they will give Timmy, then Nuggets say now we want fields also.

Scoooter
02-20-2011, 11:17 PM
The Nuggets are going to have the better team when this is done.

bagelred
02-20-2011, 11:18 PM
The Knicks will say they will give Timmy, then Nuggets say now we want fields also.

This is getting to epic butt f-ck proportions. Its beyond anything. Mozgov is going to a quality center, and you if you want to win championships, you need legit size.

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2011, 11:20 PM
alanhahn Alan Hahn

Mozgov a deal-breaker? Why?

bagelred
02-20-2011, 11:21 PM

Says the guy who's team has 17 centers.

Clutch
02-20-2011, 11:24 PM
The Knicks will say they will give Timmy, then Nuggets say now we want fields also.
Then we will give them Fields and they will say: " We want Stoudemire also" :lol

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Says the guy who's team has 17 centers.
So? It's not like Mozgov would crack the rotation over here.

bagelred
02-20-2011, 11:29 PM
So? It's not like Mozgov would crack the rotation over here.

Mozgov is going to be good. Actually he already is good. He's going to be very good. Still only a rookie.

D12"Magic"
02-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Then we will give them Fields and they will say: " We want Stoudemire also" :lol
Then the Towel boy including 4 G series Gatorade Drinks.

Seriously though Put Prohkorov vs Dolan 1 on 1, whoever wins gets Melo. :lol

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Mozgov is going to be good. Actually he already is good. He's going to be very good. Still only a rookie.
So this "good" center of yours somehow only averages 13.5 mpg in an off-the-bench role on a team whose biggest weakness is center? If he's all that then Stoudamire is at pf where he belongs and NY has a serious frontcourt.

Blue&Orange
02-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Ask that to Denver smartass.

bagelred
02-20-2011, 11:42 PM
So this "good" center of yours somehow only averages 13.5 mpg in an off-the-bench role on a team whose biggest weakness is center? If he's all that then Stoudamire is at pf where he belongs and NY has a serious frontcourt.

Don't comment anymore on the Knicks. You haven't watched them this year at all.

Leave thread.

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Ask that to Denver smartass.
I was, dumbass.
Don't comment anymore on the Knicks. You haven't watched them this year at all.

Leave thread.
And moving on...

Scoooter
02-21-2011, 03:18 AM

Desperate times call for desperate measure. We need a Godfather type hit on Dolan, Isiah, Grunfeld, and Carrot Top simultaneously, installing Walsh as the permanent godfather (No reason on the Carrot Top, he just annoys me).
From Adrian Wojnarowski's Twitter account, for whatever that's worth:

A front office executive with knowledge of 'Melo talks between Denver-New York says: "Knicks won't lose this deal over a reserve big man."
Take that how you will. :facepalm

Clutch
02-21-2011, 03:20 AM
From Adrian Wojnarowski's Twitter account, for whatever that's worth:

Take that how you will. :facepalm

"Knicks won't lose this deal over a reserve big man."

What should that mean ?
That Mozgov isn't much of a factor ?

Scoooter
02-21-2011, 03:25 AM
"Knicks won't lose this deal over a reserve big man."

What should that mean ?
That Mozgov isn't much of a factor ?
Possibly. Either the Knicks will withhold Mozgov, and Denver will agree to terms anyway, or, more likely - as it seems the to be the general direction the negotiating has recently been heading in under Walsh/Thomas - that the Knicks will include Mozgov in the deal. I think it reads either way.

kabalcage
02-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Losing Mosgov is important because it clears room for a new starter at center. Mosgov is too talented to be sitting on the bench.

What I'm saying is the Knicks won't be able to afford a free-agent Dwight Howard with expensive contracts doled out to Amare/Melo/Mosgov.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Possibly. Either the Knicks will withhold Mozgov, and Denver will agree to terms anyway, or, more likely - as it seems the to be the general direction the negotiating has recently been heading in under Walsh/Thomas - that the Knicks will include Mozgov in the deal.
I would say this to Nuggets:

"If you accept deal with Mozgov immediately you can have him".

Because there is a big chance that we will accept to deal Mozgov and they will ask for even more.

I wouldn't want to lose Mozgov but also I wouldn't want to lose Carmelo.

Pointguard
02-21-2011, 03:50 AM
Prokhorov is a chess player. A Knight takes Knight move and much better than a wasted move. Unless the Knicls show great patience.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Anthony, meanwhile, told TNT's Craig Sager during the All-Star Game that he will be with the Nuggets for Tuesday night's game against Memphis.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6141981

Scoooter
02-21-2011, 04:49 AM
I would say this to Nuggets:

"If you accept deal with Mozgov immediately you can have him".

Because there is a big chance that we will accept to deal Mozgov and they will ask for even more.

I wouldn't want to lose Mozgov but also I wouldn't want to lose Carmelo.
That's some ballsy negotiating. I like it, but I think it would backfire, assuming you're expecting them to ask for more. But if you aren't, then you're just plain crazy. Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Curry, Randolph, Mozgov, and a draft pick for Melo, Billups (who isn't even guaranteed to play), and some career scrubs? Why not throw in Fields? Take The Garden too while you're at it. You might as well bend Spike Lee over a small table and let the Nuggets' executives have turns raping him.

Mozgov is the Knicks only functioning center. He's raw, but he's also talented, athletic, improving every day, learning to earn his minutes (underrated in a league full of pampered AAU-ers), under a very reasonably contract, and young. That's the difference between the "role players" the Knicks are losing and the "role players" they're getting back. Our "role players" are young and talented and full of potential. Prospects, players. Their's are scrubs. Renaldo Balkman? He was already was a Knick! Isiah drafted him over Rajon Rondo, for ****s sake.

We're looking at Amar'e at the five, Melo at the four, Fields at the three, Bill Walker or Toney Douglas at the two, and Chauncey Billups or Toney Douglas at Point. That's a bad team. The current Knicks beat those Knicks more often than not. Contender? LOL with capital L's. Not to mention we don't know how Melo and Amar'e are going to work out together (Steve Kerr and Reggie Miller seem to think "not well", and I tend towards agreeing). This is not Miami or Boston, these are not those guys. You can't just slap together some Names and pretend to know what you're doing. Well, actually, revision: you can, if you're daddy was a billionaire and you've spent your entire life thinking you've accomplished something.

This deal has been bungled beyond laughability. Carmelo has become so overrated I wonder if most Knicks fans are watching the same sport. Knicks fans are going to get screwed, again. I like Carmelo. Before this circus erupted, I loved his game. I've said on this board that I thought he was a better scorer than Kobe. If I thought the Knicks were going to get him for any kind of deal that even remotely resembled smart and reasonable, I'd be dancing banana style. But right now, I'm rooting for Melo to the Nets. Make it happen, Prok. :rockon:

Scoooter
02-21-2011, 04:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6141981
Juicy.

Scoooter
02-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Losing Mosgov is important because it clears room for a new starter at center. Mosgov is too talented to be sitting on the bench.

What I'm saying is the Knicks won't be able to afford a free-agent Dwight Howard with expensive contracts doled out to Amare/Melo/Mosgov.
Mozgov is already under contract for the next three or four years, I believe, and it's cheap. Something like 3 million per. His presence on the roster doesn't make Dwight Howard in an orange 12 any less of a pipe dream.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 05:58 AM
I also don't want to lose Mozgov.
He has size and potential.

But if we get Carmelo there is a big chance we will attract more stars and very good role players.

Only thing I'm afraid if we don't get Melo that we won't get Dwight,CP3 or D-Will in 2012.
Stoudemire can't do it all by himself and I don't think any of players we have will develop into second star.
Gallinari and Mozgov have potential,I think that Gallinari could easily average 20 points in Nuggets.
He doesn't get the ball often here in Knicks (say thanks to Felton) and he averages 16 points per game.

If the deal is Felton+Gallinari+Chandler+Curry+pick it's ok for me.

But I really don't know about sending Mozgov to Nuggets.
It might be a smart move but it could also be a very stupid move.

R.I.P.
02-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Melo: I need a TV show for my woman...
Prokhorov: Yes Yes russian supermodels...
Melo: No I

Scoooter
02-21-2011, 06:17 AM
I also don't want to lose Mozgov.
He has size and potential.

But if we get Carmelo there is a big chance we will attract more stars and very good role players.

Only thing I'm afraid if we don't get Melo that we won't get Dwight,CP3 or D-Will in 2012.
Stoudemire can't do it all by himself and I don't think any of players we have will develop into second star.
Is that all you want Carmelo for? As a big name carrot to dangle in the eyes of other free agents? I'm obviously being somewhat facetious, but you've brought this point up, like, a million times. It's completely nonsensical. We already attract big stars (isn't that what Amar'e and Melo and Deron Williams are?). And we already have good "role players".

But I really don't know about sending Mozgov to Nuggets.
It might be a smart move but it could also be a very stupid move.
Of course it's a stupid move. Similarly stupid would be sending Fields, or Gallo, or any of the stupid moves James Dolan has been perfectly content to make for the last 50 years.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Is that all you want Carmelo for? As a big name carrot to dangle in the eyes of other free agents? Because you've brought this point up, like, a million times. It's completely nonsensical. We already attract big stars (isn't that what Amar'e and Melo are?). And we already have good "role players".

Of course it's a stupid move. Similarly stupid would be sending Fields, or Gallo, or any of the stupid moves James Dolan has been perfectly content to make for the last 50 years.

So you want to tell me that you are sure we will sign one Dwight,CP3,D-Will ?.

I don't think either of them will come if we don't get Melo.
If we get him we would probably have 3 superstars.
If we don't get him we would probably have 1.

I like Melo as a player and I would certainly love to see him in Knicks.
But if I would know that he wouldn't attract CP3 or some other star I wouldn't put Mozgov in the deal.

Now it's a risky move.

Sending Felton+Gallo+Chandler+Curry+pick for Melo and Billups isn't going to do any damage to us.
It's practically Gallo for Melo.
Felton or Billups would be gone after next season.
Chandler is leaving this summer.
Curry is a fat piece of shit who doesn't play at all.

We would have 2 superstars (Melo and Amare),young studs in Fields and Mozgov and another potential superstar in 2012.
By then,Mozgov could develop into a very good player or we could attract some other good center who wants to play in big market with superstars

Scoooter
02-21-2011, 06:39 AM
So you want to tell me that you are sure we will sign one Dwight,CP3,D-Will ?.Assuming they want to go to new teams, I'd say we have a good shot.

I don't think either of them will come if we don't get Melo.
If we get him we would probably have 3 superstars.
If we don't get him we would probably have 1.
I had a semi-wordy response to this all typed out, but it didn't do the issue justice. It wasn't wordy enough. I might revisit the point later. For now I'll just say it's complicated. Winning basketball is not just stars and hype. This whole "just get the superstars" thing is such a crock of shit. Look at the Spurs or the Pistons in 04'. The Celtics have popularized the "Big Three" meme in recent years, but they had to change their games to make it work. Not to mention their great point guard and supporting cast. It didn't work for the Rockets in the 90's. And the Miami Heat haven't won shit yet. You need the right players.

I like Melo as a player and I would certainly love to see him in Knicks.
But if I would know that he wouldn't attract CP3 or some other star I wouldn't put Mozgov in the deal.

Now it's a risky move.
I like Melo as a player too, but you have to smart about these things. If the goal is a championship, blowing your load over the first "superstar" dropping crumbs on your patch of floor is the not the most savvy look. Donnie Walsh knows what's up, which is why I wish he was still in charge.

Curry is a fat piece of shit who doesn't play at all.
Well, once upon a time he was pretty talented. But that doesn't matter. His expiring contract is huge, and therefore a valuable trade piece.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 06:45 AM
I like Melo as a player too, but you have to smart about these things. If the goal is a championship, blowing your load over the first "superstar" dropping crumbs on your patch of floor is the not the most savvy look. Donnie Walsh knows what's up, which is why I wish he was still in charge.

I wouldn't call that blowing a load.
Like I have said before,Chandler and Curry are gone after this season and it's planned for Felton to be gone after next one.
So it's basically Gallo for Melo which I don't mind.
It would certainly be better to sign Melo in the off-season but there is no guarantee that he will be a free-agent this summer.

Scoooter
02-21-2011, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't call that blowing a load.
Like I have said before,Chandler and Curry are gone after this season and it's planned for Felton to be gone after next one.
So it's basically Gallo for Melo which I don't mind.
It would certainly be better to sign Melo in the off-season but there is no guarantee that he will be a free-agent this summer.
Well, of course, none of these potential trades have gone through yet, so we'll have to see how it all shakes out.

Like bagelred mentioned though (more than once, LOL) it basically comes down to who amongst the various parties - the Nuggets, Melo, the Nets, the Knicks - was going to blink first. If the basic theme is "losing more than you have to" too, the Knicks look to be the ones blinking in a trade, that, frankly, doesn't make them much better.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Well, of course, none of these potential trades have gone through yet, so we'll have to see how it all shakes out.

Like bagelred mentioned though (more than once, LOL) it basically comes down to who amongst the various parties - the Nuggets, Melo, the Nets, the Knicks - was going to blink first. If the basic theme is "losing more than you have to" too, the Knicks look to be the ones blinking in a trade, that, frankly, doesn't make them much better.

3 more days left.
We can expect the trade every second.

The_Yearning
02-21-2011, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Melo: I need a TV show for my woman...
Prokhorov: Yes Yes russian supermodels...
Melo: No I

Harion
02-21-2011, 08:21 AM
the way this is going, I expect the Decision II to come soon after.

bluechox2
02-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Lmao sound like a script straight from GTA.
:oldlol:

knickscity
02-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Seems like I can look forward to mediocre basketball from now on.

niko
02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Seems like I can look forward to mediocre basketball from now on.
The Knicks will get this done. We can include Mozgov. We cannot include him TODAY. If we include him today then Denver says "well, can we have just one more little piece?" They need to wait. He can be a last second concession. I like Mozgov but he has looked at times like he could develop, and at times like a total slug.

BTW, i love how people are 100% sure we can get a superstar next year under the new CBA. Don't get Melo, get Howard. What if he resigns? What if Paul gets auctioned off and winds up on the Lakers? What if DWill realizes that he has trouble handing the media in Utah does not translate well to NY?

You want the Knicks to operate under a mounting of what if's and assumptions. You are all the same people that when those scenarios don't come to fruition, we lose Fields due to his salary in 2012 (he's 2nd rd, unrestricted, no rookie wage scale) and we are the new Atlanta Hawks, will say the Knicks totally blew it.

knickscity
02-21-2011, 09:44 AM
The Knicks will get this done. We can include Mozgov. We cannot include him TODAY. If we include him today then Denver says "well, can we have just one more little piece?" They need to wait. He can be a last second concession. I like Mozgov but he has looked at times like he could develop, and at times like a total slug.

BTW, i love how people are 100% sure we can get a superstar next year under the new CBA. Don't get Melo, get Howard. What if he resigns? What if Paul gets auctioned off and winds up on the Lakers? What if DWill realizes that he has trouble handing the media in Utah does not translate well to NY?

You want the Knicks to operate under a mounting of what if's and assumptions. You are all the same people that when those scenarios don't come to fruition, we lose Fields due to his salary in 2012 (he's 2nd rd, unrestricted, no rookie wage scale) and we are the new Atlanta Hawks, will say the Knicks totally blew it.
Hey I may be the only one who felt they should have gotten Melo months ago.

Folks thought giving Chandler, Fields, and Gallo was too much for Melo.

Yes I know Denver is using the Nets to drive up the price.

And they should.

But I still say that if Denver asked for all three, we should have said "OK", just to see if the were serious....way back when.

Call them out on it.

We all know they aren't serious now, but that could have been established months ago, move on to more important shit, and screw Denver and Melo.

People call the Nets desperate, when actually it's the Knicks.

We are the only team trying to get Melo.

I would have called this shit off months ago, I don't believe in wasting my time with one item, when I have quite a few other things to do.

Personally I don't think Melo opts out in the summer.

I'm sure he wants to come to the Knicks, but I cannot fault him for wanting his money as well.

I could make that argument if Stat had signed with us for less than max.

But we want Melo to do it, nonsense.

bluechox2
02-21-2011, 10:03 AM
stat&melo will win us more games but how well they can play off each other will determine how far they will get.

i remember in the 90s, superstars were trying to kick other stars off the team just casue they want to be the man. boy have things changed

Soundwave
02-21-2011, 10:07 AM
This is just getting stupid now.

Melo should just come out and say flat out he will not sign an extension in New Jersey.

That basically cuts any leverage the Nuggets have left and they'll be forced to deal with the Knicks. Just get this over with already. It's obvious where he wants to go, and what the hell kind of team would be left in New Jersey for him to play with anyway?

They would need a minimum of 2-3 years to build anything resembling a contender with him there, by then he's probably wasted a big chunk of his prime.

bluechox2
02-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Citing anonymous NBA sources, the paper has New York sending Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, Eddy Curry’s expiring contract and a first-round draft pick to Denver for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and either Anthony Carter or Renaldo Balkman.

niko
02-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Are you saying this happened now? Is this what it would be? i'm not sure...

knickscity
02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
That's supposedly the latest.

bluechox2
02-21-2011, 10:29 AM
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/02/21/knicks-nuggets-carmelo-anthony-trade-report/

niko
02-21-2011, 10:48 AM
eh, non news...

The_LA_Blakers
02-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Just get a deal done and move on to something else, man this is getting OOOLLLLDDDD!

R.I.P.
02-21-2011, 11:17 AM
In all honesty

Felton, Chandler, Gallinari, Mozgov, a pick, plus getting rid of some bad contracts is really overpaying for a player that wants to leave.

Take the f*ckin deal.

LJJ
02-21-2011, 11:20 AM

Sounds like Prokho threatened the shit out of Carmelo. Carmelo is going to sign with the Nets for the MLE next season, you heard it here first.

Nets fan 93
02-21-2011, 12:13 PM

Sounds like Prokho threatened the shit out of Carmelo. Carmelo is going to sign with the Nets for the MLE next season, you heard it here first.
LOL, if only. But then all this drama the fans have been through would be all for nothing...
Quote from Carmelo Anthony:

'Melo himself told reporters after the All-Star Game that Denver has long known where he will and won't sign that extension. As Chris Mannix tweeted early Monday, "If we are to take Melo at his word that the Nuggets know where he will and won't sign, then the Nuggets must think he will sign w/Jersey...No way the Nuggets would string Nets along like this if they were told he wouldn't sign there."
http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/2/21/2005445/prokhorov-flies-to-canada-for-ski-trip-as-nets-and-knicks-remain

D12"Magic"
02-21-2011, 12:15 PM
LOL, if only. But then all this drama the fans have been through would be all for nothing...
Quote from Carmelo Anthony:

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/2/21/2005445/prokhorov-flies-to-canada-for-ski-trip-as-nets-and-knicks-remain
They could of bought the Nets in so they could ante up the Knicks offer.

ChuckOakley
02-21-2011, 12:20 PM
So they keep saying and a pick and don't mention Anthony randolph. Isn't the deal supposed to be...
Gallo
Felton
Chandler
Curry
Mozgov
Randolph
2014 #1

For

Melo
Billups
Balkman
Sh. Williams
Carter

bagelred
02-21-2011, 12:25 PM
'Melo himself told reporters after the All-Star Game that Denver has long known where he will and won't sign that extension. As Chris Mannix tweeted early Monday, "If we are to take Melo at his word that the Nuggets know where he will and won't sign, then the Nuggets must think he will sign w/Jersey...No way the Nuggets would string Nets along like this if they were told he wouldn't sign there."

Ya see, I think it could be the opposite. Melo, it seems, had to be dragged to that Nets meeting. Denver and New jersey keep pushing and pushing, but I think both teams feel they will change Melo's mind. That's how I read this. That Melo/Nets meeting lasted a very short 40 minutes. It almost seemed like a courtesy meeting to me.

But who knows.....the whole process is bizarre.

Anyway, go Nets:banana: get Melo!!!:banana:

Naruto-sama
02-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Whhy aree the KNICKSS fallling for thiss? WHY KNICKS? ITss soo obvious they are leverraging you :hammerhead:

All Net
02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Denver and NJ are using the Knicks bad right now.

Darius
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Knicks should step back their offer.

Their team isn't really much better with Anthony, not the right fit.

If it was Deron Williams, a guy who fits much better with Amare, I'd say go for it.

Sky2k8336
02-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Broussard saying on twitter that NJ in talks with Denver to trade 2 first rounds for Mozgov & either Chandler, Gallo or Felton if Melo traded to NY.

BarberSchool
02-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Prokhorov is a master of this.
He has dealt with the most saavy and ruthless of the world's capitalists....
...basketball owners and athletes are much easier to manipulate.

GOBB
02-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Prokhorov is a master of this.
He has dealt with the most saavy and ruthless of the world's capitalists....
...basketball owners and athletes are much easier to manipulate.

What exactly did he master?

D12"Magic"
02-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Broussard saying on twitter that NJ in talks with Denver to trade 2 first rounds for Mozgov & either Chandler, Gallo or Felton if Melo traded to NY.
I would not mind Felton and Gallo. But Nets are planing on trading Harris for Miller, and if that happens then I will want Ray.

Scoooter
02-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Time and space.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 04:08 PM
This is getting ridiculous.

Will we give them Mozgov ?
Do they want Amare too ? :facepalm

niko
02-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Sorry Clutch, you are a throw in. Get ready for Denver.

Nets fan 93
02-21-2011, 04:13 PM
I would not mind Felton and Gallo. But Nets are planing on trading Harris for Miller, and if that happens then I will want Ray.
Mozgov + _____.. The Nets wouldnt get Felton and Gallo. one or the other. I actually prefer this trade over the Melo one. Keep our prospect in favors and let him develop. Gallo is getting better at getting to the line (Nets really need that). Do it. Let the Knicks gut their roster!

Clutch
02-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Sorry Clutch, you are a throw in. Get ready for Denver.
OK,everything for Knicks :D

D12"Magic"
02-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Mozgov + _____.. The Nets wouldnt get Felton and Gallo. one or the other. I actually prefer this trade over the Melo one. Keep our prospect in favors and let him develop. Gallo is getting better at getting to the line (Nets really need that). Do it. Let the Knicks gut their roster!
Just saw that :facepalm. Were giving up 2 1st round Picks for Mozgov and a role player?

Clutch
02-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Just saw that :facepalm. Were giving up 2 1st round Picks for Mozgov and a role player?
Not like you will get better player in the draft than Gallo :facepalm

D12"Magic"
02-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Not like you will get better player in the draft than Gallo :facepalm
I like Gallo and want him on the team but Mozgov? So Gallo and a Russian bound to get Posterized basically for 2 1st round picks? Not sure which picks they will give up though. I did not mean to single out Gallo there. Doesn't Timmy get fouled out most of the time though?

el gringos
02-21-2011, 04:39 PM
You are nuts to think this makes any sense from denvers side- and if the nuggets were so dumb as to trade Carmelo and billups for scraps from nj or ny why would they trade the little they get for even less
............... Guess its a couple more days till you understand that just because a team throws out lowball offers on the table it doesn't mean that's the actual value the. Other team takes ...
only thing funnier than thinking favors has big value is thinking felton does

Clutch
02-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I like Gallo and want him on the team but Mozgov? So Gallo and a Russian bound to get Posterized basically for 2 1st round picks? Not sure which picks they will give up though.
So Mozgov will be considered as shit just because he was posterized ?
Amare posterized LeBron but no one makes a big deal about it.

Gallo will be a very good player,I'm almost sure.
Mozgov has size (he's 7'1),he still pretty much raw but he will be better and better.

Gallo over the last 10 games:

Minutes: 36.2
Rebounds: 6.1
Assists: 1.9
FG: 39.2% (44-112)
3-pt: 29.6% (16-54)
FT: 93.4% (71-76) (7.6 ft attempted per game)

He is very efficient from the free-throw line and most importantly he gets there a lot (7.6 times per game in the last 10 games).
He is struggling with his shooting(he mention he has some injury that distracts him for a short period of time).
Just imagine this guy when he gets back on fire with his shooting.
He could easily average 20/6/3 in Nuggets if he gets touches (which he doesn't get much in New York)

Mozgov over the last 8 games(since he returned to rotation):

Minutes: 24.6
Rebounds: 6.5
Blocks: 1
FG: 56.6% (30-53)
FT: 77.7% (14-18)

Nothing special but solid numbers.
He could develop into 15/10 guy.

D12"Magic"
02-21-2011, 04:56 PM
So Mozgov will be considered as shit just because he was posterized ?
Amare posterized LeBron but no one makes a big deal about it.

Gallo will be a very good player,I'm almost sure.
Mozgov has size (he's 7'1),he still pretty much raw but he will be better and better.

Gallo over the last 10 games:

Minutes: 36.2
Rebounds: 6.1
Assists: 1.9
FG: 39.2% (44-112)
3-pt: 29.6% (16-54)
FT: 93.4% (71-76) (7.6 ft attempted per game)

He is very efficient from the free-throw line and most importantly he gets there a lot (7.6 times per game in the last 10 games).
He is struggling with his shooting(he mention he has some injury that distracts him for a short period of time).
Just imagine this guy when he gets back on fire with his shooting.
He could easily average 20/6/3 in Nuggets if he gets touches (which he doesn't get much in New York)

Mozgov over the last 8 games(since he returned to rotation):

Minutes: 24.6
Rebounds: 6.5
Blocks: 1
FG: 56.6% (30-53)
FT: 77.7% (14-18)

Nothing special but solid numbers.
He could develop into 15/10 guy.
Gallo has great offensive skills and scoring ability, I like him and will like to have him on the team. But whats the point of giving 2 1st rounders? Mozgov will not get much playing time since Lopez takes up a lot of Min. anyway.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Gallo has great offensive skills and scoring ability, I like him and will like to have him on the team. But whats the point of giving 2 1st rounders? Mozgov will not get much playing time since Lopez takes up a lot of Min. anyway.
If Mozgov progresses you could have an amazing front court.

Brook Lopez who is 7'0 at power forward and Mozgov who is 7'1 at the center.

Something like the mini Lakers :lol

Gallo is already a good offensive player,he is very good at clutch (game against Miami) and he will only get better.
He is also not a bad defender but he has a lot to learn about defense (being coached by D'Antoni didn't helped him :lol ).

If you ask me I would give 2 picks for Gallo and Mozgov.
I don't think you will get better players in the draft.

D12"Magic"
02-21-2011, 05:08 PM
If Mozgov progresses you could have an amazing front court.

Brook Lopez who is 7'0 at power forward and Mozgov who is 7'1 at the center.

Something like the mini Lakers :lol

Gallo is already a good offensive player,he is very good at clutch (game against Miami) and he will only get better.
He is also not a bad defender but he has a lot to learn about defense (being coached by D'Antoni didn't helped him :lol ).

If you ask me I would give 2 picks for Gallo and Mozgov.
I don't think you will get better players in the draft.
How about a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder?

Clutch
02-21-2011, 05:12 PM
How about a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder?
I don't care.

It's up with you and Denver.
Knicks don't have anything with it so I don't really care.

Personally I would like to see stronger Nets,I would rather see strong Nets than Bobcats or Bucks.

D12"Magic"
02-21-2011, 05:19 PM
I don't care.

It's up with you and Denver.
Knicks don't have anything with it so I don't really care.

Personally I would like to see stronger Nets,I would rather see strong Nets than Bobcats or Bucks.
Could Nets and Nuggets be saying they would trade Mozgov to the Nets just so Knicks would not want to give him to there rivals along with Gallo, then The Knicks dont give Mozgov to Den. and Denver and NJ will be Melo's only choice? Hmm...

Clutch
02-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Could Nets and Nuggets be saying they would trade Mozgov to the Nets just so Knicks would not want to give him to there rivals along with Gallo, then The Knicks dont give Mozgov to Den. and Denver and NJ will be Melo's only choice? Hmm...
No.

New York really doesn't care where will Mozgov end up if he gets traded.

If they planned to give him to Nuggets they surely won't quit just because of Nets.

Sky2k8336
02-21-2011, 05:23 PM
To think that Mozgov is going to be a deal breaker regardless of where he goes is ridiculous.

If that's all it takes at the deadline, Mozgov is gone, no matter who wants him.

D12"Magic"
02-21-2011, 05:28 PM
No.

New York really doesn't care where will Mozgov end up if he gets traded.

If they planned to give him to Nuggets they surely won't quit just because of Nets.
I heard the hold up is Mozgov :facepalm. if so this will drag till Thursday.

Nets fan 93
02-21-2011, 05:30 PM
As long as it isn't this years draft pick. Hell yeah. Gallinari isn't a role player.. I mean he isnt someone I would build around either... but he is a lot better than you would think. Remember it is just a backup plan at this point. Don't worry about the BS other fans are saying... It's true.

Scoooter
02-21-2011, 05:30 PM
It's not Mozgov, it's Mozgov on top of everything else they've already offered. The Knicks have zero self respect.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I heard the hold up is Mozgov :facepalm. if so this will drag till Thursday.
That's expected.

If they give them Mozgov right now who knows what will Nuggets ask more.

And even if Mozgov stays as a hold up until Thursday it surely won't be because of Nets.

I don't think the deal will collapse because of Mozgov.

D12"Magic"
02-21-2011, 05:34 PM
As long as it isn't this years draft pick. Hell yeah. Gallinari isn't a role player.. I mean he isnt someone I would build around either... but he is a lot better than you would think. Remember it is just a backup plan at this point. Don't worry about the BS other fans are saying... It's true.
Gallo would be nice instead of Outlol taking up space.
And whats true? The trade?

Real Men Wear Green
02-21-2011, 05:40 PM
It could well be that the Nuggets promised Prok this second deal if he agreed to pretend to be interested to pressure NY. Skulduggery abounds. Too many rumors, plots, and BS. Be glad when the deadline passes.

Nets fan 93
02-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Gallo would be nice instead of Outlol taking up space.
And whats true? The trade?
It's true the Nets are still going hard for Melo.

D12"Magic"
02-21-2011, 05:57 PM
It's true the Nets are still going hard for Melo.
O yea :hammerhead:

Naruto-sama
02-21-2011, 05:58 PM

beinng a liaar is what he mastered

BarberSchool
02-21-2011, 06:26 PM
What exactly did he master?Russians have for some time been excellent at getting over on the west by playing dumb and playing matcho....while secretly having layered and tiered alterior motives within contigency plans...

Prokhorov has this down to a science.