PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference Allstars are salty...

konex
02-21-2011, 02:30 AM
D-Wade on Kobe: "Kobe was going for MVP tonight. It was that obvious. I think my three-year-old son knew it."

More Wade on Kobe: "It was like he was playing with the L.A. Lakers tonight. And he got whistles like he was playing for the L.A. Lakers."

Amare on Kobe's fast start: "You can tell he wanted to get the MVP. He wasn't passing the ball at all. That's Kobe."

http://files.sharenator.com/Kobe_U_Mad_Apparently_Superwoman_has_an_eyesight_p roblem-s230x180-135498-410.jpg

Clutch
02-21-2011, 02:31 AM
D-Wade talking about whistles :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

/thread

SavageMode
02-21-2011, 02:32 AM
He was gunning from the very start of the game.. while every one wanted to put a show on and chill. Not hating, just stating facts yo. Even Amare and Dwade agree.

asdf1990
02-21-2011, 02:32 AM
obvious is obvious him and durant were chucking all day.

TheAdmiral3
02-21-2011, 02:33 AM

/thread
:oldlol: Yep, I find it funny how ironic those guys made comments like that. Amare questioning a player being selfish? Wade questioning a player about getting whistles? :oldlol:

N0Skillz
http://files.sharenator.com/Kobe_U_Mad_Apparently_Superwoman_has_an_eyesight_p roblem-s230x180-135498-410.jpg

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4986185/They-Mad.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=they-mad-bro

ashbelly
Kobe was playing SUPER HARD in garbage minutes, in the 4th Qtr where guys play hard, he was nowhere to be found :oldlol: The eastern allstars don't respect him. thats all. especially wade and lebron..

konex
He was gunning from the very start of the game.. while every one wanted to put a show on and chill. Not hating, just stating facts yo. Even Amare and Dwade agree.

Kobe is so good that he can put on a show while gunning. Very few players can do that..

Indian guy
Like I said before, there's nothing sadder than a player flat-out going for the trophy in an AS game. You can tell peers have no respect for that kind of crap.

griffmoney1784
02-21-2011, 02:34 AM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/Crying_Baby_by_Jane26.jpg

TheAdmiral3
http://twitter.com/DuranLA/status/39551425851822080

Carmelo "we wanted Kobe to get the MVP. He got it going early, why not help him"

Carmelo's got Kobe's back. :cheers:

konex
Like I said before, there's nothing sadder than a player flat-out going for the trophy in an AS game. You can tell peers have no respect for that kind of crap.

It's his home court. They need to STFU

TylerOO
02-21-2011, 02:35 AM
lol did they really say that?

SavageMode
Ill rep that later:applause:

asdf1990
three black holes of the all star game kobe durant and amare.

SavageMode
02-21-2011, 02:36 AM
It's his home court. They need to STFU
What about last year, you didn't see Dirk going NBA finals mode in the ASG. No Argument.

ashbelly
02-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Thats why he was boooed in philly during the allstar game. he gets no respect .

Clutch
He was going for the MVP.

But he did it in fashion,shooting 14-26 from field (53.8%).
Not like he was ruining the all-star game with 5-30 shooting.

When they ran on the floor Kobe was the only one who wanted to play basketball.
Others were just standing and waiting for the end of the game.
Luckily LeBron was the one with competitive spirit and he pushed his team for a comeback and made a game interesting.

I'm not going to blame on Kobe,he played well and without him we would probably watch another Rookie-Sophomore game with a little better defense and a smaller number of dunks.

konex
What about last year, you didn't see Dirk going NBA finals mode in the ASG. No Argument.

Dirk isn't the type of player than can do that cos he's not a ball-handler

Hulk Hogan
02-21-2011, 02:38 AM

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/Bladerskb/kobeumad.jpg

ashbelly
02-21-2011, 02:39 AM
He was going for the MVP.

But he did it in fashion,shooting 14-26 from field (53.8%).
Not like he was ruining the all-star game with 5-30 shooting.

When they ran on the floor Kobe was the only one who wanted to play basketball.
Others were just standing and waiting for the end of the game.
Luckily LeBron was the one with competitive spirit and he pushed his team for a comeback and made a game interesting.

I'm not going to blame on Kobe,he played well and without him we would probably watch another Rookie-Sophomore game with a little better defense and a smaller number of dunks.

:facepalm :facepalm IN GARBAGE TIME??

Clutch
02-21-2011, 02:40 AM
three black holes of the all star game kobe durant and amare.
Kobe 14-26
Durant 11-23
Amare 11-20

Combined 36-69

They shot over 50% combined.

wally_world
http://twitter.com/DuranLA/status/39551425851822080

Carmelo's got Kobe's back. :cheers:

yeap, dont forget its in LA, hometown hero should be pushed to get MVP

JM720
Maybe if a certain someone was playing hard he wouldnt have got hurt.

chazzy
02-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Get a life, my god :oldlol:

asdf1990
02-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Kobe 14-26
Durant 11-23
Amare 11-20

Combined 36-69

They shot over 50% combined.

combined 7 assists. shooting 50% in the allstar game is nothing special btw since there is no pressure or defense for the first three quarters.

Lebron23
02-21-2011, 02:43 AM
Kobe Bryant put on a show.

PowerGlove
02-21-2011, 02:43 AM
Ill rep that later:applause:
How are y'all repping each other? That makes no sense.

crisoner
02-21-2011, 02:44 AM
:facepalm :facepalm GARBAGE TIME??

Ummm...do you know what garbage time is in sports dummy?

Do you?

How can garbage time be early on in the game etc. building a lead?

Garbage time is when a team is out of a game with no time left and then all of a sudden a bench player gets hot to pat stats.

No please...shut the f*ck up.

The LAKERS did not play tonight...the Yankees did not win two in a row recently...and learn what garbage time in sports means. You have been pwned many time tonight. Please resume trolling tomorrow.

Ohhh and please bring your girlfriend Savagemode to sleep with you. Good day.

PowerGlove
:facepalm

He was booed for his comments either before or during the finals in 2001. SMH

sundizz
I think it's funny that Wade/anyone would say anything bout Kobe AFTER the game. Kobe went out there to win, just like he does every year. He wanted the ball, he played defense. He completely picked Wade on one play. Kobe loves bball and the best get to play the best once a year...why waste that time just joking around. A competitive, play hard game is more entertaining for fans and a lot more fun for most players. I'm glad Lebron manned up and told his squad it's time to play some hoop. Sad when players use the All Star game as chillin time. Chill and enjoy the rest of the weekend, but play hard in the damn game. This is why it should be worth something. I hate seeing people lolly gag..I'd watch AND 1 if I just wanted to see tricks and dunks.

Walduś
kind of like lebron did last year and this year, but failed. lol

TheAdmiral3
02-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Kobe Bryant put on a show.
A LeBron fan that can respect the greatness of Kobe Bryant. Props to you my unbiased friend. :applause:

BallsOut
02-21-2011, 02:45 AM
combined 7 assists. shooting 50% in the allstar game is nothing special btw since there is no pressure or defense for the first three quarters.

Cool. Then that means even against no defense, Lebron couldn't even put up 10pts in the first half. :oldlol:

gorbo
02-21-2011, 02:46 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/73/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

KenneBell
02-21-2011, 02:47 AM
I Kobe went out there to win, just like he does every year. .
Bottom line. Kobe plays hard every ASG. The way he was playing in front his home crowd in 99.9% sure to be his last ASG in LA should come as to surprise no anyone.

If you wanted to stop it, step your game up.

chazzy
A LeBron fan that can respect the greatness of Kobe Bryant. Props to you my unbiased friend. :applause:
aka "Please rep me Lebron23, I swear I'm not another RG account kissing your ass"

asdf1990
Cool. Then that means even against no defense, Lebron couldn't even put up 10pts in the first half. :oldlol:

maybe cuz he didn't attempt 20 shots by half time lol... kome ball.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 02:48 AM
That's why East shot 51.4% and West 46.8% :facepalm

Bryant and Durant were holding the ball long but especially Bryant scored the ball efficient.
I don't know how someone can be called a black hole while scoring almost 40 points while shooting more than 50%.

Black hole to me=player who has the ball much,shoots much but scores with a small efficiency.

Amare didn't have the ball at all.
All of his points came from assists,he wasn't ball hogging like he sometimes does in Knicks.

TheAdmiral3
02-21-2011, 02:49 AM
aka "Please rep me Lebron23, I swear I'm not another RG account kissing your ass"
Well, it was an unbiased post. Most LeBron fans I have seen around here are as biased as they come and hate on Kobe with any chance given.. like that Indian Guy with the Bulls avatar. It was just nice to see a LeBron fan giving props to the great Kobe Bryant.

crisoner
02-21-2011, 02:49 AM

A wise man said the worst shots you take are the ones that you don't.
Kobe has been playing he style of ball for the past 15 years and has one of the greatest careers of all time right now. So please shut the f*ck up sounding like a broken record on this Kobe hate sh*t.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-21-2011, 02:50 AM
Kobe was playing SUPER HARD in garbage minutes, in the 4th Qtr where guys play hard, he was nowhere to be found :oldlol: The eastern allstars don't respect him. thats all. especially wade and lebron..

just like when Kobe saved ur ***'s a$$(wade & lebron) during the olympic gold game....

Kingwillball
02-21-2011, 02:51 AM

I think they respect him but don't fear him especially Lebron cause He knows he can lock Kobe up on D and drive on him on the other end.

Walduś
kobe in all star games: 16.7 fga

lebron in all star games: 19.3 fga

LOL

Lebron23

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Force
02-21-2011, 02:52 AM
Kobe shot 10 times in the first quarter of the ASG two years ago in PHX. He always guns it during ASG's. He wasn't the best player tonight though, I'd say Lebron or Durant were best since they played great in the 4th quarter when both teams actually started to take the game seriously. But it's in LA and it was a fans vote right?

asdf1990
02-21-2011, 02:52 AM
A wise man said the worst shots you take are the ones that you don't.
Kobe has been playing he style of ball for the past 15 years and has one of the greatest careers of all time right now. So please shut the f*ck up sounding like a broken record on this Kobe hate sh*t.

he has one of the most overrated careers ever in sports history.

Harion
02-21-2011, 03:11 AM
QFT

crisoner
02-21-2011, 03:17 AM

Your knowledge come from this...because you said so.

Because there have been many careers when players win 5 rings...MVP's...break single game scoring records...etc. etc.

And you are gunna give me...he rode Shaq's back on thre championships and had nothing to do with those right...and the last two is because of Gasol.

And let's put AI...T Mac...Vince etc. in his place during the Shaq era blah blah blah crap.

Funny how Kobe back then was in Convos and best in the NBA...and he still is today. And where are those players at?

Kobe has all the hardware and numbers....and he has something called LONGEVITY....but he is overrated because you say so.

GTFOH.

Hulk Hogan
02-21-2011, 03:17 AM
kobe in all star games: 16.7 fga

lebron in all star games: 19.3 fga

LOL
:oldlol:

BoxOutBOXOUT
02-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Look at all you pathetic haters. Keep hating on greatness because you can't achieve it. You're a bunch of limp-dicked nobodies who want to rip Kobe because he makes the most of his God-given talents and abilities while you losers sit on your fat a$$es smoking weed and making babies.

I'm glad to see Kobe go HAM in the ASG. He's one of the only true competitors out there. I respect that a whole lot more than a bunch of overpaid cowards clowning around on the court with their dick in one hand and the ball in the other.

Today's generation has no fire. They all want to be friends, f*ck around, and collect fat paychecks. Seeing a guy who takes the ASG seriously as a place to test his skills against the best-of-the-best instead of dancing like an idiot and playing kissy-kiss with his colleagues is a welcome sight for me.

Wade, Amare, and all those b*tcha$$ cowards can take their pathetic selves to whatever afterparties they're sponsoring and talk sh*t about Kobe all they want, he's 10x the player they could ever hope to be.

Kobe might be a control freak and he might be an a$$hole, but he plays harder and gives more effort in everything he does than any player out there. Wade, Amare, and the like will never understand why, and that's why they'll always be in his shadow, little jealous b*tches talking sh*t.

Doranku
02-21-2011, 03:23 AM
How are y'all repping each other? That makes no sense.
:oldlol: They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. I'm sure they still haven't realized that people with red bars can't give out any kind of rep.

And :oldlol: @ some of these posts. His peers don't respect him? Every player on the West was feeding him the ball. Deron had a 3 on 1 with Kobe and someone else trailing, and he elected to pass to Kobe when he could've easily just passed to the other guy.

Wade and Kobe have never liked each other. Not surprised to hear those comments from Wade. I guess Amare is still salty about Kobe going God mode on the Suns in the WCF last year. :roll:

Poor sports.

reppy
02-21-2011, 03:28 AM
I'm not a Kobe fan*, but at the end of the game he (and Durant to a lesser extent) were the only people I wanted shooting the ball. Why? Because I wanted the West to win, and it seemed to me like Kobe was the only person on the West squad trying to win. At the very least, he seemed like one of the few people that actually wanted to shoot the ball when he was open. Everyone else was just sort of "ho hum, gonna dribble to the rim and oops, I was cut off .. kick it back outside." That's how they lost their lead.

* Really. I'm a Blazers fan. I don't like the Lakers. I've argued many times about how much I felt Kobe was overrated. 'Course, he's more or less proved me wrong and I have grown enough as a person to admit it. Doesn't mean I have to like him, though. =P

Heilige
02-21-2011, 03:29 AM

There is nothing wrong in being competitive and having a desire to be the best in everything you do. For you to hate on someone for those attributes is ridiculous. I guess you are not very goal-oriented or ambitious, right? Probably a lazy piece of shit.

az00m
02-21-2011, 03:30 AM
its a ****ing all star trophy who gives a shit lol

az00m
02-21-2011, 03:33 AM
There is nothing wrong in being competitive and having a desire to be the best in everything you do. For you to hate on someone for those attributes is ridiculous. I guess you are not very goal-oriented or ambitious, right? Probably a lazy piece of shit.

Well your statement is quite true, but lets be honest here. If you were going against a bunch of 5th graders playing basketball would you go out and score 60 points on them? I don't think so, I know I wouldn't despite the try hard person I am in real life.

Kobe was trying hard against people who didn't really care until the 4th quarter. It seems almost all all-star games don't even heat up until the 4th quarter, in which kobe was non existent when that time came.

Doranku
02-21-2011, 03:34 AM
Well your statement is quite true, but lets be honest here. If you were going against a bunch of 5th graders playing basketball would you go out and score 60 points on them? I don't think so, I know I wouldn't despite the try hard person I am in real life.

Kobe was trying hard against people who didn't really care until the 4th quarter. It seems almost all all-star games don't even heat up until the 4th quarter, in which kobe was non existent when that time came.

He sure seemed to be pretty existent to the East players considering he was getting double teams on the catch. :roll:

oh the horror
02-21-2011, 03:34 AM

Apparently the motherfu*kers NOT winning it. :oldlol:

What I dont understand is, if they're "salty" then why didnt they try harder to stop him early on? Dude was flexing all over their squad during the earlier quarters. Why not step up defensively?

oh the horror
02-21-2011, 03:36 AM

So is this the logic people are using? Seriously? Its Kobe's fault that other people dont come to play hard? Kobe Bryant competes dude. Whos fault is that?

ashbelly
02-21-2011, 03:37 AM

What I dont understand is, if they're "salty" then why didnt they try harder to stop him early on? Dude was flexing all over their squad during the earlier quarters. Why not step up defensively?

why play hard when the allstar history shows nobody plays hard until midway into the 3rd qtr. Notice kobe didnt score when everybody started playing hard :oldlol: :oldlol:

Tez62
02-21-2011, 03:38 AM
Look at all you pathetic haters. Keep hating on greatness because you can't achieve it. You're a bunch of limp-dicked nobodies who want to rip Kobe because he makes the most of his God-given talents and abilities while you losers sit on your fat a$$es smoking weed and making babies.

I'm glad to see Kobe go HAM in the ASG. He's one of the only true competitors out there. I respect that a whole lot more than a bunch of overpaid cowards clowning around on the court with their dick in one hand and the ball in the other.

Today's generation has no fire. They all want to be friends, f*ck around, and collect fat paychecks. Seeing a guy who takes the ASG seriously as a place to test his skills against the best-of-the-best instead of dancing like an idiot and playing kissy-kiss with his colleagues is a welcome sight for me.

Wade, Amare, and all those b*tcha$$ cowards can take their pathetic selves to whatever afterparties they're sponsoring and talk sh*t about Kobe all they want, he's 10x the player they could ever hope to be.

Kobe might be a control freak and he might be an a$$hole, but he plays harder and gives more effort in everything he does than any player out there. Wade, Amare, and the like will never understand why, and that's why they'll always be in his shadow, little jealous b*tches talking sh*t.

:eek:

:applause:

:bowdown:

SavageMode
02-21-2011, 03:40 AM

Because it was an all star game, a game for the fans. Everyone wanted to **** around and Im sure most people wanted to see Blake do more dunks with no defense.

Nobody played defense in the first half except Kobe, thats why they are salty about it, he went go hard and didnt pass to any of his teammates which was evident.

All the other players only started to really play when you saw Lebron start taking over and wake up. If East went as hard as the West, East would easily destroy West, but as stated, Kobe went go-hard and killed the vibe.

But o well its an All star game, meaningless nonetheless. Im still waiting to see Lakers beat Heat.

Lebron 9-5 against Kobe

Kobe 9-5 against Lebron
in the real season, Lakers are lucked out by the bad match ups of Heat vs Celtics, and plus Lakers have the refs on their side.

Tez62
02-21-2011, 03:41 AM

:lol

JM720
02-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Hit him with the 2k11 steal :oldlol: Dude Mad.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2evrq0o.jpg

nevetslc88
02-21-2011, 03:48 AM

holy shit this guy brings it all the time! :bowdown:

oh and

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgya0cbZQ71qzb7vjo1_500.jpg

look at that face haha

PowerGlove
02-21-2011, 03:52 AM

I never got the whole shit on someones life a defend a superstar I've never met because I take the internet way too seriously.

SavageMode
02-21-2011, 03:53 AM
I never got the whole shit on someones life a defend a superstar I've never met because I take the internet way too seriously.
This LOL:roll: BoxOut sounds madddd :roll:

LT Ice Cream
02-21-2011, 03:54 AM
I did see him fight Duncan and Durant for a rebound

NBASTATMAN
02-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Bottom line. Kobe plays hard every ASG. The way he was playing in front his home crowd in 99.9% sure to be his last ASG in LA should come as to surprise no anyone.

agree.. Lebron and Joe johnson did step up their game but Durant finished it.. I am glad it had some meaning.. Whether it was Gasol making a big rebound and put back on the miss by kobe or Durant hitting the big shots it was fun cuz those shots mattered... I am glad the way it turned out... Lebron fans really can't say much since lebron is always looking to win the ASG award as well... Both bron and kobe go full speed when playing in the asg... Props to both... Makes it a better game for me to watch.. I was actually pissed at Dhoward for sucking so bad... Dude could have dominated but stunk up the joint..

Harion
02-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Look at all you pathetic nvtlickers. Keep hanging on chuckness because you can't dig team play. You're a bunch of delusional retarded nobodies who want to ride Kobe's dick because he maximizes his selfishness and has been gifted all his rings while you fanboys sit on your fat a$$es and jack off to Kobe pics.

I'm mad to see Kobe's selfishness glorified by retarded basketball fans. Basketball is supposed to be a team sport. not a one man show. Passing and making the correct plays should be more admired than forcing shots. But Kobe's one of the only true overrated players out there.

Kobe IS be a control freak and an a$$hole. he also rapes harder and faps harder to Jordan than any Jordan fan turned NBA player out there.
fixed

oh the horror
02-21-2011, 04:04 AM

Bingo.

Kingwillball
02-21-2011, 04:13 AM
kind of like lebron did last year and this year, but failed. lol

King of the Trolls..U might be the worst Poster on ISH..but U have a stiff challenge from a couple other Laker nut huggers..But keep it up U R right there..I have never seen U write a post that brings anything to the table except trolling and bashing Lebron or Sucking Kobe's B@lls.

NBASTATMAN
02-21-2011, 04:13 AM
Hit him with the 2k11 steal :oldlol: Dude Mad.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2evrq0o.jpg

that is all wade's fault.. His fundamentals are off.. When he spun on kobe he should be either using his right arm or if he was going to use his left arm the ball should be in front of him once that spin is done.. Kobe was probably holding him with his off hand but that is a smart move...

kobe almost got that off on this play too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAvfG99TfhY&feature=related

NBASTATMAN
02-21-2011, 04:17 AM

I think those were wack ass comments made by Wade.. If he wants to win a title he needs to just shut up and get his shit in order... Amare can say what he wants... Lebron upped kobe at the end of the game and that is the way it is done...

chazzy
02-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Those comments are whatever coming from bitter fans like ashbelly/Indian Guy, but from fellow all stars? Why do they even care? :oldlol:

flipogb
02-21-2011, 04:23 AM
o yeah that must be why his West teammates passed him the ball

SavageMode
02-21-2011, 04:24 AM
Those comments are whatever coming from bitter fans like ashbelly/Indian Guy, but from fellow all stars? Why do they even care? :oldlol:
Competitive nature, if Heat get through Celtics somehow, Lakers vs Heat would make ISH explode.

macpierce
02-21-2011, 04:31 AM
you can tell lebron wanted it in the end for sure........
it's LA, kobes home, he played great with the exception of a few questionable shots

eliteballer
02-21-2011, 04:36 AM
Of course he was going for it, he didnt deny it when Saiger interviewed him at halftime. This is LA. You dont come in here and disrespect.

So f*ck em...THIS IS OUR HOUSE.

Harion
02-21-2011, 04:36 AM
o yeah that must be why his West teammates passed him the ball
for the first 3 quarters, Kobe transformed into a level 10 black hole. his pull was so great that not even shit can escape.

amfirst
02-21-2011, 04:37 AM

So LeBron wasn't gunning for it? I saw him take some brick shots. When he realize he wasn't good at it he stopped and ended taking it to the rim when the west stop playing defense because the game was out of reach.

amfirst
02-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Because it was an all star game, a game for the fans. Everyone wanted to **** around and Im sure most people wanted to see Blake do more dunks with no defense.

Nobody played defense in the first half except Kobe, thats why they are salty about it, he went go hard and didnt pass to any of his teammates which was evident.

All the other players only started to really play when you saw Lebron start taking over and wake up. If East went as hard as the West, East would easily destroy West, but as stated, Kobe went go-hard and killed the vibe.

But o well its an All star game, meaningless nonetheless. Im still waiting to see Lakers beat Heat.

Lebron 9-5 against Kobe

Kobe 9-5 against Lebron
in the real season, Lakers are lucked out by the bad match ups of Heat vs Celtics, and plus Lakers have the refs on their side.

hahahah the East wasn't playing hard? hahahhah did u not hear LeBron in the group huddle, dude playing like he was in the playoffs, even tried to double team Kobe. hahahahahahahahah

flipogb
02-21-2011, 04:40 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/254y4w3.jpg

Hotlantadude81
02-21-2011, 04:45 AM
It was a contrived and predictable effort. Nothing that shouldn't be expected from Kobe Bryant at this point. I didn't watch the 2nd half because I became bored with his predictable one man show in the first half.

Zach Morris
02-21-2011, 04:49 AM
Bitter?? Butt-hurt?? Too into their feelings??

macpierce
02-21-2011, 04:51 AM
It was a contrived and predictable effort. Nothing that shouldn't be expected from Kobe Bryant at this point. I didn't watch the 2nd half because I became bored with his predictable one man show in the first half.
durant wasnt a one man show either??? stfu already........

Hotlantadude81
02-21-2011, 04:53 AM
durant wasnt a one man show either??? stfu already........

Go eat a dick.

Durant is young and just starting to make a name for himself. Kobe is a 34 year old player with plenty of MVP trophies and titles and he's still greedy and selfish. He should be past this shit at this stage of his career. But he just can't help himself.

eliteballer
02-21-2011, 04:55 AM
Go eat a dick.

Durant is young and just starting to make a name for himself. Kobe is a 34 year old player with plenty of MVP trophies and titles and he's still greedy and selfish. He should be past this shit at this stage of his career. But he just can't help himself.

I didnt know Kobe had aged 2 years:roll:

Hotlantadude81
02-21-2011, 05:25 AM
I didnt know Kobe had aged 2 years:roll:

Excuse me for being a year and a half off.

But that doesn't change the point. He's nearly 15 seasons into his career. You don't see Duncan, KG, Allen and other 30+ year old vets ball hogging to the extreme that Kobe still does.

Hotlantadude81
02-21-2011, 05:28 AM
*If you're going to give rep, be a man and at least post your ID.

HorryIsMyMVP
02-21-2011, 05:29 AM
The East should have just tried to win. It could have been an interesting game. I respect Kobe for playing hard in a meaningless game. It's too bad for Kobe though that Steve Nash has more actual MVP's then he does.

Ken_Masters
02-21-2011, 05:36 AM
This all-star game was pure crap up until the end. Kobe and Durant took what felt like 20+ shots each. West rebounds the ball, passes it up court, Kobe shoots. West rebounds the ball, passes it up the floor, Durant shoots. Rinse and repeat for 3 1/2 quarters. Ridiculous.

Clutch
02-21-2011, 06:02 AM
So Wade is angry on Kobe because he actually wanted to play instead of fooling around :lol

d.bball.guy
02-21-2011, 06:06 AM
You tasted them?

Premeditated
02-21-2011, 06:24 AM
wow...this thread might possibly have some of the worst posts:oldlol: .

stD-Whistle of all people shouldn't talk about someone getting the referee benefits.

Amare is comedy:lol

Ole "lets just go out there, hold hands and have fun" ass nikkas

hwliuLAP
02-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Kobe was out there having fun, get over it man. CP3 was definitely trying to feed him a little, and you can see on fast breaks with a 3 on 1 situation, Kobe would get the ball over another youngster, like Westbrook or Griffin.

You don't get to shoot 26 shots and yet you still get the ball at the end of the game, your teammates backed you up, and you played well, period.

I'm okay with Wade's comment, I'm guessing he is just frustrated for hurting his ankle from Williams and feeling like had he been in the game James and Bosh, East would have won.

Amare is just good for comedy.

Pacquiao
02-21-2011, 06:40 AM
WTF are this Lebron fans complaining about? Lebron shoots more than Kobe every All Star game Lebron has the most shots taken for the East since he became an All star..

You have the Players giving the MVP to TMAC and Lebron was stat padding his way to victory.. You have Ray Allen bailing out Lebron with the East win.

Everytime Kobe shoots 20+ FG he wins MVP

Everytime Lebron shoots 20+ FG - He always Fail and lose.

glidedrxlr22
02-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Phuckin Kobe was gunning for it. The East shouldn't have let their power forwards shoot 3s at the end. It's so obvious what Kobe was trying to do in front of the home crowd.

Lakerlove420
02-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Phuckin Kobe was gunning for it. The East shouldn't have let their power forwards shoot 3s at the end. It's so obvious what Kobe was trying to do in front of the home crowd.

what is your point?
I don't get it?
He's not supposed to play awesome? as always? in L.A.?
what do you expect.. damn your a hater..

don't worry about it...
what the hell is your point

blablabla
02-21-2011, 11:32 AM
I remember Kobe telling Brandon Roy before his first all star game that isn't different then any other game and that you should play hard.

glidedrxlr22
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
what is your point?
I don't get it?
He's not supposed to play awesome? as always? in L.A.?
what do you expect.. damn your a hater..

don't worry about it...
what the hell is your point

26 shots?! Yeah, he was in full gunning mode you Kobe-stan. Wow...he added more hardware....GTFO!

KB2009Champ
02-21-2011, 11:42 AM
26 shots?! Yeah, he was in full gunning mode you Kobe-stan. Wow...he added more hardware....GTFO!

he took 3 more than durant. so freakin what? Its not like he was inefficient. are you really going to pick on the # of shots?

now you're just reaching.

Lakerlove420
02-21-2011, 11:42 AM

hater hating ... and you're not even doing a good job..
You don't expect him to play well? I really don't get what you're saying..
He was supposed to not shoot? Kobe-stan? me? you know that's not true.
now you gtfo? you are absurd.. I'm a flat out Laker fan.. no stan available..
you're barking up the wrong tree fella... you have no argument...
"Kobe gunned for it" "you can totally tell" :wtf:

you're f*cking crazy bro...
what do you expect .. you want him to go 0 for 5 and call it a night?
then you'd be happy? you're dreaming kid.. ..
come back down to reality ...

Mor'Fiyah
02-21-2011, 11:52 AM
he took 3 more than durant. so freakin what? Its not like he was inefficient. are you really going to pick on the # of shots?

now you're just reaching.

Its really really silly. especially when you take into consideration that Lebron took like 20+ shots last all star game and wasnt even as efficient. And lets not even talk about playing hard when Lebron was freight training down the lane knowing no one in their right mind would have taken a charge in an all-star game. The hypocrisy never ceases... by the way. Where are the links to these quotes?

Lakerlove420
02-21-2011, 11:58 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/254y4w3.jpg

puppychili
02-21-2011, 12:12 PM
The home player usually gets the ASG MVP. Whats the big deal? I don't know whats worse. People bytching about Kobe trying to win the MVP or people acting like the ASG MVP is so important.

Bandito
02-21-2011, 12:15 PM
You know what's funny about you spewing this crap? If it was Lebron you wouldn't even say this. He was aiming for MVp too he just didn't play for real for most of the game, and if you think Kobe was playing for real in those 3 quarters you are mistaken. Most of his highlights came from no serious D at all from the East. If you think he's an idiot like Wade, risking for an injury in a meaningless game I just take you are not even reading the players mind. That is the reason he didn't even play for the last 5 seconds, and didn't even try in the last quarter.

That is why people think you're an idiot. The reason he got booed is because of his commentary about ripping the hearts out of Philly fan or something stupid like that.

:facepalm :facepalm IN GARBAGE TIME??
Because the last 5 minutes of a game are the only minutes that matters. Because the other 43 minutes don't matter at all. (There are 48 min in a nba game right?)

Mr. Jabbar
02-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Like it or not, the mamba always gets what he wants. Being ASG or NBA championship. The guy is hyper competitive and thats what have put him right there with the all time greats above other super talented players.

So....

Deal with it.

OhNoTimNoSho
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
A lot of butthurt here, it was at home and he did exactly what he should have done.

Pinkhearts
02-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Isn't it time to ban ashbelly now? He was amusing at first, but now he's just a hardcore annoying troll.

Seriously? People are always complaining that the ASG is some lame exhibition that no one cares. No one plays defence, everyone tries their And1 tricks and everyone just wants to get through it without getting injured.

The fact the some players care and try their hardest to do well should be applauded. But somehow an internet troll has decided that no one should try at that game until the 4th quarter and anyone who does try is a bad person? What kind of joke is this?

Lakerlove420
02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
good last three posts....

people are butt-hurt..
and they cannot deal with it..

what else is new...

there always has to be something wrong with everything to some of you guys

he played an all-star game .. in L.A. ... he was playing great..
hitting jumpers, busting dunks, getting rebounds, grabbing steals...

what the f*ck do you haters want him to do..?
Do you have a serious answer? or not?

trooper
02-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Go eat a dick.

Are you actually implying he can't shoot more than others because he's older? :facepalm

Kellogs4toniee
02-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Why shouldn't Kobe be in aggressive mode the entire night? It wasn't like he was intentionally fouling or jawing off, he was just playing hard and it was clearly exciting to watch. Anybody who says otherwise is just a hater or has some other agenda against him.

It's his freakin crowd, his stadium. Technically story book ending states either Griffin, Gasol, or Kobe should get it. Griffin wasn't getting the minutes from a busy weekend. Who do you think the fans want more... Kobe or Gasol?

Kobe is the master at playing to the crowd when he wants to, and this was the stage perfectly set for him. Grats to one of the all-time greats.

glidedrxlr22
02-21-2011, 01:07 PM
As a hater: "Haters gonna hate." :pimp:

Lakerlove420 you will get negged.

Lakerlove420
02-21-2011, 01:29 PM
As a hater: "Haters gonna hate." :pimp:

Lakerlove420 you will get negged.

ouch fella...take it easy ..

at least you know you're a hater..
I won't stoop to level you're at though..
give me my neg.. okay guy? ..
I will return favor to you with a positive rep. <*sonic BOOM*>

you can't hurt me bro..

macpierce
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
this thread is comedy, kobe wanted it, durant wanted it, lebron wanted it..........
whats the beef? :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I thought he deserved it. I made a thread about this today

Why are they acting all sour? As much as he did ballhog, Kobe put on a show.

BoxOutBOXOUT
02-21-2011, 02:51 PM
<<<<< Typical Kobe Hater has conversation with Common Sense >>>>>

TKH: Kobe's a b*tch. He played hard last night.
CS: What should he have done? Half-a$$ed it?

TKH: Well, you could tell he really wanted to get that award.
CS: Is there anyone out there who DIDN'T want the award?

TKH: But he actually made the effort! SOOO not cool! He shoulda just been like 'whatever' and pretended to not care.
CS: :::scratches head::: Okayyy

TKH: He's just a chucker anyway.
CS: LeBron has more shots, and a poorer percentage at that.

TKH: Well, whatever, LeBron may take more shots but he's totally not selfish. He always passes the last shot of the game up cuz he's a total team player.
CS: :::face in palm::: Kobe shoots thousands more practice shots every day than his teammates. When other guys are done with practice they take off and go nap while Kobe stays and perfects his shot. Why WOULDN'T Kobe take the shot? If someone wants shots, they should put in the work.

TKH: But that's not fair cuz not everyone wants to work all psycho hard like that. Some guys just want to chill and go to parties and stuff.
CS: Aaaand THAT'S why you're on welfare.

TKH: Huh? Well, whatever. We all know Kobe would just be a poor man's Allen Iverson if it weren't for Shaq winning him those rings.
CS: What about the rings Kobe won without Shaq?

TKH: Gasol was responsible for those.
CS: How many did Jordan win without Pippen?

TKH: Hey! Don't you DARE talk about Jordan that way! Jordan is my god! He MADE Pippen into a great player. If it weren't for Michael (Blessed be His name), Scottie would be playing community rec ball at some sh*thole park in Arkansas. How DARE you say that about Jordan?! Grrrrr! Jordan could win with a towel boy playing point and a phone booth playing center. He's a god that walks the court! He even played with aliens once - I saw it in a documentary. I've devoted my life to him. Even though I'm broke and living on food stamps, I've got over 50 pairs of Jordans. I just hope that some day I can be found worthy enough to sniff the gooch of his UNC shorts that he used to wear under his game jersey. HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIM?!?! Grrrarrrr!!! Birf qh rh8urh ijtr iq iq qrihuihtt 8q ot!!!!!!

http://www.baleoutphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/fuuu.jpg

Disaprine
02-21-2011, 02:55 PM
A lot of butthurt here, it was at home and he did exactly what he should have done.
^^^^^^

N0Skillz

TKH: But he actually made the effort! SOOO not cool! He shoulda just been like 'whatever' and pretended to not care.

TKH: Well, whatever, LeBron may take more shots but he's totally not selfish. He always passes the last shot of the game up cuz he's a total team player.
CS: :::face in palm::: Kobe shoots thousands more practice shots every day than his teammates. When other guys are done with practice they take off and go nap while Kobe stays and perfects his shot. Why WOULDN'T Kobe take the shot? If someone wants shots, they should put in the work.

TKH: But that's not fair cuz not everyone wants to work all psycho hard like that. Some guys just want to chill and go to parties and stuff.

TKH: Huh? Well, whatever. We all know Kobe would just be a poor man's Allen Iverson if it weren't for Shaq winning him those rings.

TKH: Hey! Don't you DARE talk about Jordan that way! Jordan is my god! He MADE Pippen into a great player. If it weren't for Michael (Blessed be His name), Scottie would be playing community rec ball at some sh*thole park in Arkansas. How DARE you say that about Jordan?! Grrrrr! Jordan could win with a towel boy playing point and a phone booth playing center. He's a god that walks the court! He even played with aliens once - I saw it in a documentary. I've devoted my life to him. Even though I'm broke and living on food stamps, I've got over 50 pairs of Jordans. I just hope that some day I can be found worthy enough to sniff the gooch of his UNC shorts that he used to wear under his game jersey. HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIM?!?! Grrrarrrr!!! Birf qh rh8urh ijtr iq iq qrihuihtt 8q ot!!!!!!

FULL OF WIN

SavageMode
LBJ only triple double beside MJ in ASG.:bowdown: :bowdown:

BallsOut
02-21-2011, 03:11 PM
LBJ only triple double to lose in the ASG.:bowdown: :bowdown:

Fixed

BallsOut
02-21-2011, 03:17 PM

Apparently, Lebron did, this season, and last season, and well all the seasons before that. Too bad he tried too hard and just failed to get it again. :confusedshrug:

SomTroubleComin
02-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Anyone got a clue what Stoudemaire and LBJ and Joe Johnson were wearing on their arms in like only the first quarter? Looked like a fancy band-aid

kaiiu
02-21-2011, 03:25 PM
wow people are still hatin on a all star award doe like:facepalm he deserved it, he didnt chuck shots, he dunked on lebron, he was double teamed in the 4th :lol

cody1889
02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Everyone knew he wanted MVP but he deserved it and his team won.

BoxOutBOXOUT
02-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I'd be more pissed at the guys who DIDN'T want the ASG MVP out there. Way to represent the team and show the fans you're thankful they picked you. I mean seriously, who do you respect more:

The guy who values what being in the ASG means, goes out there and puts on an awesome performance for the fans

OR

The guy who doesn't give a sh*t about the ASG and goes out there to goof around with his buddies and try a few And1 moves

MooseJuiceBowen
02-21-2011, 03:43 PM
it was in LA 1 reason to go for mvp

tying the other guy for 4th most mvp all time another reason to go for mvp.

you guys wouldnt of been mad if it was jordan out there going for it.

im not a kobe homer by the way obviously but there is no reason to dog him for going for mvp especially when they won. the east should be glad they got it as close as they did they had some serious chemistry issues. 4 celtics on at the same time didnt work to well. lebron was gettin mad. does anyone remember lebron yelling "PASS THE BALL"" who was he yelling that to?? I thought it was a east player at first but maybe it was kobe. he was on the bench when he yelled it. anyone remember this? I also thought ginobili played the best defense in the whole game. he actually forced turnovers unlike some players and the one turnover on pierce was funny

For_Three
02-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Lebron really wanted to block that dunk Kobe had. But nope!! Couldn't pull it off

blablabla
02-21-2011, 03:57 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
REPPED

XxSMSxX
02-21-2011, 03:57 PM

Especially Wade, he was getting his ass handed to him repeatedly by Kobe

el_locoteee
02-21-2011, 04:02 PM

/thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS4X5_-OAE8

MooseJuiceBowen
02-21-2011, 04:03 PM
I would love to know who lebron was yelling PASS THE BALL to while he was sitting on the bench. he looked really upset

Doranku
02-21-2011, 04:40 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dbugz
02-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Kobe ruined the supposed-to-be entertaining game.

He's driving to the lane like it's the playoffs already.

One of the worst All-Star game I've ever seen :facepalm

Bandito
02-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Kobe ruined the supposed-to-be entertaining game.

He's driving to the lane like it's the playoffs already.

One of the worst All-Star game I've ever seen :facepalm
Love your sarcasm:lol

Bandito
02-21-2011, 05:09 PM

http://www.baleoutphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/fuuu.jpgDude:cheers:

Dave3
02-21-2011, 05:19 PM
If they're salty, they're stupid to be honest. Everyone complains that the All star game isn't competitive enough. This one was ACTUALLY entertaining, and was like watching real basketball, not some stupid exhibition game. Pretty sure that helped the fact that this is the most viewed All star game since 2003 (http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/21/allstar-highratings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2)
If anything, props to Kobe (and LeBron in the 4th) for making this thing more watchable.

Borat
02-21-2011, 05:42 PM
who cares about an allstar game?

Borat
02-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Pretty sure that helped the fact that this is the most viewed All star game since 2003 (http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/21/allstar-highratings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2)

No it would not have helped at all - think about it.
:rolleyes:

Phong
02-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Not surprised to see Wade whining. He was being owned by Kobe, played like shit and hurt himself.

KenneBell
02-21-2011, 05:55 PM
If they're salty, they're stupid to be honest. Everyone complains that the All star game isn't competitive enough. This one was ACTUALLY entertaining, and was like watching real basketball, not some stupid exhibition game. Pretty sure that helped the fact that this is the most viewed All star game since 2003 (http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/21/allstar-highratings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2)
If anything, props to Kobe (and LeBron in the 4th) for making this thing more watchable.
Yup. Being competitive only helps.

Kobe and LeBron being on opposite sides of the court and being the NBA's biggest superstars since MJ left in '98 has a lot to do with it as well.

Stern better get the CBA figured out because the league right now is on a roll in my opinion. Despite the topheaviness, its really better than it has been a long time.

ImmortalD24
02-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Not surprised to see Wade whining. He was being owned by Kobe, played like shit and hurt himself.
:lol You cold for that one Phong.

Borat
02-21-2011, 06:03 PM

Kobe and LeBron being on opposite sides of the court and being the NBA's biggest superstars since MJ left in '98 has a lot to do with it as well.

Stern better get the CBA figured out because the league right now is on a roll in my opinion. Despite the topheaviness, its really better than it has been a long time.

:facepalm

So when people saw it was entertaining in the 2nd quarter they rang their pals and told them to watch? :facepalm

Competitiveness of this game was irrelevant.

Borat
02-21-2011, 06:04 PM

He wasn't whining xmas day. Altough Kobe was whining then, and also a few days back against the Cavs.
Which is why he tried his guts out this game, so people forgot about the Cavs DEBACLE.

jrong
02-21-2011, 06:09 PM
On a separate subject, I find it interesting that Wade on the new Heat seems to be intentionally provoking and stoking rivalries with other contenders. Popping KG, comments about Kobe-- that ain't Wade-- not the old Wade. I guess this is who D3 is though.

Dave3
02-21-2011, 06:34 PM
No it would not have helped at all - think about it.
:rolleyes:
A lot of people can tune in, watch for a few minutes, and turn the channel. If they see the game is good though, they might actually continue to watch it...

BoxOutBOXOUT
02-21-2011, 06:43 PM
On a separate subject, I find it interesting that Wade on the new Heat seems to be intentionally provoking and stoking rivalries with other contenders. Popping KG, comments about Kobe-- that ain't Wade-- not the old Wade. I guess this is who D3 is though.
The new Wade is irrelevant, that's why he has to resort to these new tactics. Without them, no one would even know he's playing. The guy is T-Mac if T-Mac had Shaq and the refs to get him a ring.

Phong
02-21-2011, 06:49 PM
:lol You cold for that one Phong.I'm not cold. I just tell it like it is. :lol

http://nsa26.casimages.com/img/2011/02/21/110221114259353041.gif http://nsa26.casimages.com/img/2011/02/21/110221113335210496.gif
http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2011/02/21/110221113949220877.gif http://nsa26.casimages.com/img/2011/02/21/110221114154379865.gif
http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2011/02/21/110221114707781128.gif http://nsa26.casimages.com/img/2011/02/21/110221114609574835.gif

I think it's a fairly good recap of Wade's night.

He wasn't whining xmas day.Why would he whine when LeBron and Bosh carried the load and got the W?

Wade should have focused on his own performance instead of talking about Kobe's. Something like this for example: "I was stinking up the joint. It was obvious. I think my three-year-old son knew it."

BoxOutBOXOUT
02-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Wade should have focused on his own performance instead of talking about Kobe's. Something like this for example: "I was stinking up the joint. It was obvious. I think my three-year-old son whose mother I gave gonorrhea to knew it."
Fix'd

Borat
02-21-2011, 07:06 PM
A lot of people can tune in, watch for a few minutes, and turn the channel. If they see the game is good though, they might actually continue to watch it...

ok, and that caused a 37% spike. right.

BoxOutBOXOUT
02-21-2011, 07:11 PM
ok, and that caused a 37% spike. right.
Viewership ratings take into account how much of an event is watched. A million people tuning in to see the ASG and flipping the channel after 10 minutes because the game is boring don't have as high a rating as 500K people tuning in and actually watching the whole game.

So, to answer your question: YES, the spike in viewership can be attributed to a competitive, closely-fought game.

Any more questions you want to make yourself look foolish with?

LA_Showtime
02-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Uh, they're telling the truth. It was obvious Kobe was going for MVP, but he's done it whenever he's played in the all-star game so I don't know why anyone's surprised. I do think it's sort of annoying though. I'd rather see the guys pass the basketball and get everyone involved, and whoever happens to have the best stats at the end of the night win MVP. The all-star game is more about guys coming together, putting their egos aside, and putting on a show... oh well. Like Amare said, that's Kobe. You take the good with the bad.

LA_Showtime
02-21-2011, 07:16 PM
I totally agree that MVP isn't what the all-star game should be about. With that said, if these guys are so bothered by it then why don't they play any defense or better yet, deliver a hard foul. If you're going to complain, then do something about it.

LA_Showtime
02-21-2011, 07:17 PM
On the plus side, these type of comments will make next year's all-star game even more interesting. Maybe we'll see REAL basketball for 4 quarters.

SourGrapes
02-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Viewership ratings take into account how much of an event is watched. A million people tuning in to see the ASG and flipping the channel after 10 minutes because the game is boring don't have as high a rating as 500K people tuning in and actually watching the whole game.

So, to answer your question: YES, the spike in viewership can be attributed to a competitive, closely-fought game.

haha that tool got owned on this one. it's funny how mad people get over such a benign event

wakencdukest
02-21-2011, 08:52 PM
On the plus side, these type of comments will make next year's all-star game even more interesting. Maybe we'll see REAL basketball for 4 quarters.

I would love to see that. Why do the best players in the game get together? To just bullshit around and watch each other dunk? I would like to see a grudge match, with all the players playing hard for 48 minutes. Turn it into something they care about winning and it would probably be amazing.

crosso√er
02-21-2011, 08:55 PM
D-Wade on Kobe: "Kobe was going for MVP tonight. It was that obvious. I think my three-year-old son knew it."

More Wade on Kobe: "It was like he was playing with the L.A. Lakers tonight. And he got whistles like he was playing for the L.A. Lakers."

Amare on Kobe's fast start: "You can tell he wanted to get the MVP. He wasn't passing the ball at all. That's Kobe."

What hypocrites man.
At Wade: Your own teammate received more FT attempts then Kobe, why aren't you questioning his agenda? LeBron was ball dominant every second he was on the court, uhmm...Okay!!
Sore loser...

At Amare: You shot the ball 20 damn times yourself, are you serious? And you only managed 2 assists yourself, look in the mirror. I don't see Kobe questioning your ability to rebound the ball. :facepalm

I can understand if Kobe shot 8 for 26 and won the MVP; but he was actually deserving of the award; he played hard, shot efficiently and was active on the glass. He played his tail off and helped the west earn a win; this is probably his last All-Star game in LA, he wanted to put on a show for his fans. People watching on TV and people that spend good money on those tickets are there to see a show; not practice drills.

Congrats Kobe; great performance. Same goes for LeBron & Durant.

Miami2010Champs
02-21-2011, 09:04 PM
really? How about Durant, Lebron, and Amare how hard did they play in "Garbage Time"

Jasper
02-21-2011, 09:07 PM
obvious is obvious him and durant were chucking all day.

This was the first all-star game I had watched in about 5 or so years .. maybe longer.
It has changed for the worst , but it was still semi - entertaining.

Point is , in the old days the PG's would get all the players involved , and each possession would be a highlight film.

Remember in the All-Star game , defense isn't there , because players don't really want to pressure a player from shining as well as get hurt.

Taking OUTSIDE SHOOTS in the old days was kind of 'NOT the Norm'
It actually showed a players weakness NOT to go to the rack.

I laughed at Durant 6'11" gunning outside jumpers as if that has cred to a ALL STAR players game... ICE MAN I am sure was laughin' all game long.

Best play of the game was AMARE defending Durant that 6'11" SF.
As most SF's would take a big to the rim , Durant chucked a quick shoot that either air balled or clipped the rim.

Point is a guy that scores 20+ on jumpers = nothing in an All Star game.

10 years ago , you would seen 10x more neat passes for special effects.
===========
Another point I want to make , it used to be , players rallied around a particular player , set them up to get a MVP award.
I'm not tarnishing KB , but seldom I saw a WEST Player set him up :facepalm

hwliuLAP
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm not tarnishing KB , but seldom I saw a WEST Player set him up :facepalm

must have been watching a different game, Paul at least gave Bryant 2-3 assists out of his 7 and Deron feed Kobe once or twice.

He got a good chunk of points off of the board, hence the 14 rebounds that went with it, you don't really get set up for that, it's just effort.

Borat
02-21-2011, 09:16 PM

No actually you are a ****ing idiot, these All-star figures are based on viewers simply turning to that channel for any period of time.

Borat
02-21-2011, 09:17 PM
haha that tool got owned on this one. it's funny how mad people get over such a benign event

Taking sides with the retard. Bad move, makes you one as well for mine.

LA_Showtime
02-21-2011, 09:27 PM
What hypocrites man.
At Wade: Your own teammate received more FT attempts then Kobe, why aren't you questioning his agenda? LeBron was ball dominant every second he was on the court, uhmm...Okay!!
Sore loser...

At Amare: You shot the ball 20 damn times yourself, are you serious? And you only managed 2 assists yourself, look in the mirror. I don't see Kobe questioning your ability to rebound the ball. :facepalm

I can understand if Kobe shot 8 for 26 and won the MVP; but he was actually deserving of the award; he played hard, shot efficiently and was active on the glass. He played his tail off and helped the west earn a win; this is probably his last All-Star game in LA, he wanted to put on a show for his fans. People watching on TV and people that spend good money on those tickets are there to see a show; not practice drills.

Congrats Kobe; great performance. Same goes for LeBron & Durant.

I initially thought Amare was bitter too, but after watching the video it's clear he was just being honest. It just sounds worse on paper. As for Wade, I have no idea how he sounded but it definitely doesn't sound supportive. :lol

BoxOutBOXOUT
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
No actually you are a ****ing idiot, these All-star figures are based on viewers simply turning to that channel for any period of time.
Really? And you know this how? Lemme guess... You're a big media exec who moonlights here on ISH to get his trolling kicks in. LOL. GTFOH you crusty cvnt. Go spread your bullsh*t to kindergarteners cuz anyone who's not still rocking their baby teeth can see right through the joke that you are.

NBASTATMAN
02-21-2011, 09:45 PM

.. Kobe did work on the offensive glass and his team won.. So he deserved the MVP... Wade needs to shut up.. Big Wade fan here but if he is going to half ass it than its not Kobe's fault.. I for one want to watch a good game.. Bron and durant made it one at the end.. :applause:

Borat
02-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Really? And you know this how? Lemme guess... You're a big media exec who moonlights here on ISH to get his trolling kicks in. LOL. GTFOH you crusty cvnt. Go spread your bullsh*t to kindergarteners cuz anyone who's not still rocking their baby teeth can see right through the joke that you are.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/21/allstar-highratings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

The 2011 NBA All-Star Game on TNT delivered 9.1 million total viewers and 6 million households, along with strong growth across all key demos, according to Nielsen Fast Nationals.

http://theeventwiki.com/Nielsen_Ratings

The rating, whether Fast Nationals or final Nielsen, refers to the percentage of total USA households who watched the program. Share is a similar percentage, but is restricted to those households who were actually watching TV. Thus, the share is usually greater than the rating and can never be less than the rating.

Moron.

Jasper
02-21-2011, 10:03 PM
must have been watching a different game, Paul at least gave Bryant 2-3 assists out of his 7 and Deron feed Kobe once or twice.

He got a good chunk of points off of the board, hence the 14 rebounds that went with it, you don't really get set up for that, it's just effort.
Wow - thanks for the insightfulness : The above looked like a hummer post..
am I mistaken :banghead:

SourGrapes
02-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Taking sides with the retard. Bad move, makes you one as well for mine.

actually, how I measure myself has nothing to do with posting on insidehoops. however, since you seem to use this place to feel ok about yourself, I might also suggest those tiny dialogues under youtube videos or the bathroom stalls at mcdonalds.

cheers, loser!

BoxOutBOXOUT
02-21-2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/21/allstar-highratings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

http://theeventwiki.com/Nielsen_Ratings

Moron.
Your links prove my point, genius. :roll:

Fvckin' braindead idiot. Did your gutter whore of a mother try aborting you with knitting needles? There must be SOME explanation for your shocking stupidity.

FF1
02-21-2011, 10:26 PM

I'm not a Kobe fan by any means and I hate the Lakers, but lol talking about LeBron not respecting Kobe. I think it's the other way around... as it should be.

Borat
02-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Your links prove my point, genius. :roll:

Fvckin' braindead idiot. Did your gutter whore of a mother try aborting you with knitting needles? There must be SOME explanation for your shocking stupidity.

Congratulations, you are stupid and you are gonna be banned

:roll: :roll:

Borat
02-22-2011, 12:11 AM
actually, how I measure myself has nothing to do with posting on insidehoops. however, since you seem to use this place to feel ok about yourself, I might also suggest those tiny dialogues under youtube videos or the bathroom stalls at mcdonalds.

cheers, loser!

lie with dogs you get fleas pony boy

SourGrapes
02-22-2011, 12:19 AM
and as for the topic... i've found that often when people don't try hard, it's because they feel they have no realistic shot at winning. this goes for all-star games and message board posters who stay inside all the time

SourGrapes
02-22-2011, 12:23 AM
lie with dogs you get fleas pony boy

lie with yourself and it'll be an average monday night for you

Borat
02-22-2011, 12:36 AM
lie with yourself and it'll be an average monday night for you

I lay with your mum last Monday night and caught more than fleas

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-22-2011, 01:31 AM

/thread

:roll: :roll:

Nevaeh
02-22-2011, 01:39 AM

Kobe and LeBron being on opposite sides of the court and Lebron being the NBA's biggest superstar since MJ left in '98 has a lot to do with it as well.

Kobe never had the kind of Box Office pull that Jordan had, sorry. It was Lebron who got the casuals back into the game. Even on these boards the Heat Game threads always dominate in both views and comments.

Also, Kobe can't even sell out Staples Center and got booed earlier this season for half-azzing it on defense. After losing to the Cavs, the least he could do for the Staples crowd was show up and play like the star player he's supposed to be.

Laker4Lyfe
02-22-2011, 02:10 AM
Kobe never had the kind of Box Office pull that Jordan had, sorry. It was Lebron who got the casuals back into the game. Even on these boards the Heat Game threads always dominate in both views and comments.

Also, Kobe can't even sell out Staples Center and got booed earlier this season for half-azzing it on defense. After losing to the Cavs, the least he could do for the Staples crowd was show up and play like the star player he's supposed to be.

:roll::roll::roll:

branslowski
02-22-2011, 02:14 AM

:applause: :applause: :oldlol: :oldlol: :applause: :applause: Repped.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Ummm...do you know what garbage time is in sports dummy?

Do you?

How can garbage time be early on in the game etc. building a lead?

Garbage time is when a team is out of a game with no time left and then all of a sudden a bench player gets hot to pat stats.

No please...shut the f*ck up.

The LAKERS did not play tonight...the Yankees did not win two in a row recently...and learn what garbage time in sports means. You have been pwned many time tonight. Please resume trolling tomorrow.

Ohhh and please bring your girlfriend Savagemode to sleep with you. Good day.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Kobe shot 10 times in the first quarter of the ASG two years ago in PHX. He always guns it during ASG's. He wasn't the best player tonight though, I'd say Lebron or Durant were best since they played great in the 4th quarter when both teams actually started to take the game seriously. But it's in LA and it was a fans vote right?
Yeah, but Kobe gets no props for building the lead, right? Fck this talk about the 4th quarter. If it wasn't for Kobe, the East win, no doubt.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-22-2011, 02:31 AM
why play hard when the allstar history shows nobody plays hard until midway into the 3rd qtr. Notice kobe didnt score when everybody started playing hard :oldlol: :oldlol:
they were playing hard because of the lead kobe built. are you seriously this fcking stupid or is it an act?

ILLsmak
02-22-2011, 03:25 AM
lol, yea they are mad...

They were looking for Kobe. I didn't watch every minute, but I saw most of his points and he wasn't doing anything horrible. The only thing he did was steal some people's rebounds.

I was watching him and even though I'm not a Kobe fan I was enjoying him dick those guys. Those dunks were sick. Why hate when it's the ASG? If I was a player in the ASG and I saw someone balling, I'd keep giving them the ball, too.

It's an unwritten rule to let the hometown guy shine.

-Smak

Zach Morris
02-22-2011, 03:52 AM
Yeah, but Kobe gets no props for building the lead, right? Fck this talk about the 4th quarter. If it wasn't for Kobe, the East win, no doubt.

No. No, he doesn't. Kobe does nothing right and deserves no credit - ever. Pau supposedly saved Kobe with that tip in late in the forth [because apparently no one missed/misses but Kobe, so I guess he's the only one ever in need of "saving"] and Kevin Durant was the reason the West won because he got hot late in the game. Never mind one of his 3-pointers, to ice the game, came off an assist by Kobe. The stupid sh!t some of you come up with to discredit Kobe is astounding. Lol. Really.

Lakerlove420
02-22-2011, 01:38 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brickz187
02-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what Wade or Amare said. Is it not true that Kobe was playing his ass of from the jump? Is it not true that Kobe was getting calls? I see nothing wrong. Kobe played his ass off, won the MVP, and we had a pretty good all star game. I swear everyone tries to take things as insults nowadays. If it wasn't for Kobe, Durant and Lebron, it would have been pretty boring.

Hotlantadude81
02-23-2011, 07:12 PM
I returned your feed back BOBO.

Samurai Swoosh
02-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Really?

Jordan's gunned for it. As have countless other players.

Including your boy LeBron ...

At least when Jordan and Mamba have gunned for it. They were successful.

LeBron has gunned for it 2 years in a row and failed.

That's way more sad. But wouldn't be suprised to have seen you overlook all that.

Samurai Swoosh
02-23-2011, 08:51 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/c1/fullj.0f314505105a87977806809e04782111/ap-aa4d26eeba4d4f22a814308f7bcd37f2.jpg

Is He Ill
02-23-2011, 09:18 PM
:lol Pathetic. As much as I hate the Lakers, how can you fault somebody for giving their all in a game? Good for Kobe. Wade has no right to talk about calls.