PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Trade James Johnson To Toronto

chicity89
02-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Trade is official: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7216

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/bulls-deal-johnson-to-raptors-for-2nd-round-pick.html

The Bulls have given up on 2009 first-round pick James Johnson, whom they traded to the Raptors on Tuesday The Bulls will receive the Miami Heat's 2011 first-round pick, which was held by Toronto.

Johnson left Bulls practice early in a limousine.

"I consider JJ a little brother," Joakim Noah said. "He wasn't playing a lot. I hope he gets an opportunity to show what kind of player he is."

Rose
02-22-2011, 06:46 PM
****ing stupid.:facepalm

GOBB
02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Thats it? A 2nd rd pick. :confusedshrug:

But what did I expect James Johnson to bring back. Guess something is better than nothing (which he is). Such a lame duck talent. Why did Chicago draft him. Damn.

Rose
02-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Maybe they plan on trading for J.R. Smith after this trade they now have exactly enough cap space to do it.

chicity89
Not 100% sure, haven't been able to find an article yet. But I saw that intention posted on realgm earlier, Bulls were looking to acquire a first or second round pick for JJ to shed salary.

ReturnofJPR
He is still a project, spent time in the D-League, would never play ahead of Brewer, Korver, etc. He was blocked. At least T-Dot's 2nd round picks are like low 1st rounders. :lol

And let us not forget, the sole reason they did this was to free up about $2 million more. They were already $3+ million under the cap. So now they have a little over $5 million free (maybe more). It looks like Chicago may get a SG who makes $5 mil per...anyone fit that bill who is involved in trade rumors?

Courtney Lee and Marcus Thornton made less than James Johnson did...so, it can't be them...

But JR Smith...

JR Smith makes about as much as Chicago now has freed up.

Interesting.

Clocian-IGN
02-22-2011, 06:50 PM
****ing stupid.:facepalm

stop it, jj hardly did anything for this team when it mattered and he isn't getting put in the rotation. best to free up more space than have on the bench just to cheer.

Rose
02-22-2011, 06:51 PM
stop it, jj hardly did nothing for this team when it mattered and he isn't getting put in the rotation. best to free up more space than have on the bench just to cheer.
Sure. Why develop talent!

Clocian-IGN
02-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Sure. Why develop talent!

where/when is he going to get consistent playing time for this to "possibly" happen?

Real Men Wear Green
02-22-2011, 06:53 PM
The deal makes sense as a precursor to something else. If Chi can get a good sg they become a threat.

Rose
02-22-2011, 06:54 PM
where/when is he going to get consistent playing time for this to "possibly" happen?
Bogans has a team option after this year. Which means Ronnie or Kyle start next year, which leaves a hole on the bench.

Rose
The deal makes sense as a precursor to something else. If Chi can get a good sg they become a threat.
It's exactly enough for JR Smith, which is fine with me.

chicity89
He is still a project, spent time in the D-League, would never play ahead of Brewer, Korver, etc. He was blocked. At least T-Dot's 2nd round picks are like low 1st rounders. :lol

And let us not forget, the sole reason they did this was to free up about $2 million more. They were already $3+ million under the cap. So now they have a little over $5 million free (maybe more). It looks like Chicago may get a SG who makes $5 mil per...anyone fit that bill who is involved in trade rumors?

This trade is a possible precursor to picking up Anthony Parker, JR Smith or Courtney Lee I think. Most likely Parker or Lee.

Rose
02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
This trade is a possible precursor to picking up Anthony Parker, JR Smith or Courtney Lee I think. Most likely Parker or Lee.
Had enough for both Lee(cap wise at least) and Parker already. Which means it's gotta be J.R. Smith.

Naruto-sama
Iff they gett Rip Bulls are lloooking REAL good

ReturnofJPR
Why not bring Bogans back?

Bogans makes less money than James Johnson does.

Coaching...management...they love Bogans. I'm happy with him too as he is really growing into his role of late (past 2 or 3 weeks). He really has been money from that corner 3 lately.

Clocian-IGN
02-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Bogans has a team option after this year. Which means Ronnie or Kyle start next year, which leaves a hole on the bench.

why do you think the rotation will change next year(unless we get another sg)? bulls will pickup bogans option as obviously it's working.

Rose
02-22-2011, 06:58 PM
why do you think the rotation will change next year(unless we get another sg)? bulls will pickup bogans option as obviously it's working.
because I don't think you can win a championship with Bogans as your starting 2-guard, nor do I think management does. Do you honestly think this Bulls team can win a championship?

Skywalker
02-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I remember in the war room video of the draft they got Derozan they wanted James Johnson

VishaltotheG
02-22-2011, 06:59 PM

Courtney Lee and Marcus Thornton made less than James Johnson did...so, it can't be them...

But JR Smith...

Interesting.

http://enye-22.blog.friendster.com/files/l_007_animestockscom.jpg

ReturnofJPR
02-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Since the end of January, Bogans is 17-31 from three.

Keith Bogans is shooting 55% from 3 during the last month.

I'm sorry, but Lee or Parker can't do better than that...

Rose
02-22-2011, 07:00 PM
The law of averages...

VishaltotheG
02-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Wait don't we still need to keep enough cap space to pay Rose in the next couple of years?

Clocian-IGN
02-22-2011, 07:01 PM
because I don't think you can win a championship with Bogans as your starting 2-guard, nor do I think management does. Do you honestly think this Bulls team can win a championship?

if miami and orlando has a chance to win a chip so do we and again we're playng great with brewer/korver coming off the bench so unless we're getting another SG the rotation will more than likely stay the same

Clocian-IGN
02-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Since the end of January, Bogans is 17-31 from three.

Keith Bogans is shooting 55% from 3 during the last month.

I'm sorry, but Lee or Parker can't do better than that...

lee is def an upgrade over bogans, parker not so much

ReturnofJPR
Wait don't we still need to keep enough cap space to pay Rose in the next couple of years?

They got Bird's rights...no problems there. Reinsdorf has said he will pay the luxury tax for a winner. You better believe Derrick Rose will be a Bull 4 Life.

lee is def an upgrade over bogans, parker not so much

He is.

I'm just saying he won't be able to shoot better than 55% from 3 like Bogans has for the past month. Bogans is working hard to shed the rep he earned at the start of the season. Bogans has even been attacking the basket lately and looks way improved from where he did in October and November.

InspiredLebowski
Chicago's now got enough cap room to bring on Anthony Parker for nothing.

And if it's Toronto's own 2nd, that's not AWFUL. You expect a better return for a 16th pick, but obviously only when that 16th pick isn't a bust.

All Net
02-22-2011, 07:05 PM
if miami and orlando has a chance to win a chip so do we and again we're playng great with brewer/korver coming off the bench so unless we're getting another SG the rotation will more than likely stay the same

Miami has the best two players in the league on their team and argueable another top 15-17 player. Thats why it's different.

Bulls need a legit 2 guard to give them needed scoring. If they can get JR Smith it makes them elite IMO. Although it depends on his mindset he can cost you games..just depends if he can be kept under contol.

What are the chances Rip is moved? seems unlikely.

Real Men Wear Green
02-22-2011, 07:05 PM
It's exactly enough for JR Smith, which is fine with me.
Bulls need RIP not JR Smith. Rip would play smart and be a good vet presence for a young team. Smith brings the Team IQ down 10 points. Might just make Chi less of a threat. He'll have some 30 point games, some nights where you think CHI has an All-Star backcourt but when the Bulls are in a series he's going to do something stupid to cost them at least one game. They'll be up 1 vs. Miami in game 5, 28 seconds on the clock, Noah grabs a crucial rebound, hands it to Smith who sprints across the half-court line for a long-range brick. Rebound to Wade who smoothly brings it back up the floor and wins it with a jumper with .02 left on the clock. Why? Because that's just how he is. In the meantime he wouldn't understand Thibs D and you'd have half the Bull fans calling for Thibodeau to be fired because they think they have young Ray Allen sitting on the bench while everyone hopes Bogans crosses the six-point mark. Chi needs to stay away from that one.

GOBB
02-22-2011, 07:09 PM
But JR Smith...

Interesting.

You have Bogans, no need for Jr Smith right? Well?

Clocian-IGN
02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
update: we actually got a 1st round pick for him

what a steal for someone who will not get any burn on this team :D

jasonresno
02-22-2011, 07:11 PM
JJ was one of my favorite Bulls, I wish him well. I may have a reason to watch Raptor games now.

I have to think this is a precursor to a bigger deal.

JR Smith would make my week.

puppychili
02-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Bulls def did this to set something up. Whats the odds of Rip getting bought out? I don't want JR Smith, he's too much of a head case.

I keep hearing rumors of Boston getting Battier. If that happens, Game Over.

jasonresno
02-22-2011, 07:12 PM
And actually it was JJ for Miamis 1st round pick next year.

VishaltotheG
02-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Bulls need RIP not JR Smith. Rip would play smart and be a good vet presence for a young team. Smith brings the Team IQ down 10 points. Might just make Chi less of a threat. He'll have some 30 point games, some nights where you think CHI has an All-Star backcourt but when the Bulls are in a series he's going to do something stupid to cost them at least one game. They'll be up 1 vs. Miami in game 5, 28 seconds on the clock, Noah grabs a crucial rebound, hands it to Smith who sprints across the half-court line for a long-range brick. Rebound to Wade who smoothly brings it back up the floor and wins it with a jumper with .02 left on the clock. Why? Because that's just how he is. In the meantime he wouldn't understand Thibs D and you'd have half the Bull fans calling for Thibodeau to be fired because they think they have young Ray Allen sitting on the bench while everyone hopes Bogans crosses the six-point mark. Chi needs to stay away from that one.

Players seem to respect Thibs since he's imposing his defensive will on opposite teams even though the Bulls have no really amazing defenders. I don't think JR will be an exception.

chicity89
Trade is for Miami's 2011 1st round pick. Confirmed.

puppychili
Whats the odds of Chicago getting Mayo?

flipogb
And actually it was JJ for Miamis 1st round pick next year.
Ic,so its a 1st but its really close to being a 2nd round pick since it will be from Miami

bagelred
02-22-2011, 07:14 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

who?

jasonresno
02-22-2011, 07:14 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

who?
The most popular 12th man in the league, at least in Chicago :oldlol:

GOBB
02-22-2011, 07:15 PM
update: we actually got a 1st round pick for him

what a steal for someone who will not get any burn on this team :D

Miami Heats pick (Bosh trade) which will be bottom of first. Not bad.

Clocian-IGN
*** that dumbass jr smith. if we can get mayo or lee I'll be happy

HB40TheNextStar
Players seem to respect Thibs since he's imposing his defensive will on opposite teams even though the Bulls have no really amazing defenders. I don't think JR will be an exception.

I don't think any coach can get to JR. If there is a coach who sets him straight, watch out.

ReturnofJPR
02-22-2011, 07:16 PM

It better be for a bag of chips or stuff like Miami's 1st rounder because OJ MAYO is a rental player!

And he will command a Ben Gordon like contract very soon...Chicago should stay away unless they can get him for super cheap.

InspiredLebowski
02-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Colangelo's dumb

iDunk
02-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Toronto will take any young talent they can. :oldlol:

GOBB
02-22-2011, 07:17 PM

Zero. Memphis is asking for too much

puppychili
02-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Gotcha. I wonder who they'll try to get. I really think Smith would be a mistake.

ReturnofJPR
02-22-2011, 07:18 PM
*** that dumbass jr smith. if we can get mayo or lee I'll be happy

Uh...OJ MAYO is a dumbass too.

jasonresno
02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
What are the odds of Afflalo getting moved around?

Real Men Wear Green
02-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Chi isn't an especially high-IQ team but I can't think of a Bull who strikes me as being especially stupid. Here in Boston the only guy Thibs had to deal with who may not have been so smart was Nate Robinson, and Nate is more Doc's project. And Nate is smarter than JR Smith. Never forget this play. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCJXYbBB7w&feature=player_embedded) Any time you have a guard with 0 court awareness you have a major problem. Thibodeau may not be able to deal with unintelligence well. Coaches normally have a prolem with that.

SinJackal
02-22-2011, 07:23 PM

Bulls are already a threat. 2 games out of first while having barely had their full starting lineup this season. Noah back = team is better.

VishaltotheG
02-22-2011, 07:24 PM
What are the odds of Afflalo getting moved around?

Vishal likes this

GOBB
02-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Bulls are already a threat. 2 games out of first while having barely had their full starting lineup this season. Noah back = team is better.

Agreed they can beat the Spurs in a 7gm series. No need to trade for a SG

Clocian-IGN
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Uh...OJ MAYO is a dumbass too.

stop it, jr is a headcase always has always will. mayo just wants out of memphis

we have like 4 picks we use to get a SG including that bobcats pick. i def think it'll be possible to get lee or mayo. maybe toss in taj or asik for mayo.

get it done garpax :pimp:

GOBB
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Vishal likes this

Denver aint giving up Afflalo for cheap. Getting him is like getting Mayo. You're gonna be giving up pieces you dont want. Thats even if Denver is interested in what Chicago has.

lpublic_enemyl
02-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Colangelo's dumb
yea he really loves busted players what a dummy

ReturnofJPR
02-22-2011, 07:27 PM
stop it, jr is a headcase always has always will. mayo just wants out of memphis

we have like 4 picks we use to get a SG including that bobcats pick. i def think it'll be possible to get lee or mayo. maybe toss in taj or asik for mayo.

get it done garpax :pimp:

Don't you remember Chicago's Tony Allen beating his ass on a team flight because OJ Mayo wouldn't pay up on a bet? OJ Mayo is a big headed fool who got the USC treatment his entire life. I don't want him on the Bulls. But we'll see what happens...

In the past, Denver wouldn't move Affalo unless they got a king's ransom for him. Now that they traded for so many wings, they might move him for less since they are rebuilding. Chandler can play the 2.

InspiredLebowski
02-22-2011, 07:27 PM
It's going to be Anthony Parker for the pick. Cleveland'll get Miami's 1st, the NBA's a vicious circle.

VishaltotheG
02-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Denver aint giving up Afflalo for cheap. Getting him is like getting Mayo. You're gonna be giving up pieces you dont want. Thats even if Denver is interested in what Chicago has.

Denver can have Bogans and Korver

Halcyon
02-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Looks good for the Bulls, either Afflalo, Mayo, or Smith makes them the scarriest team in the east IMO.

Real Men Wear Green
02-22-2011, 07:30 PM
They could push Miami to Game 7 or the Cs to Game 6 but they're not winning. Chi isn't the only team to have to deal with injuries, Miami has lost both Haslem as well as Mike Miller for a large part of the season while the Cs went the first half of the season without their starting C or top reserve guard. Both the Celts as well as the Heat would be murdering Miami on the two guard match-up right now. Chi needs to deal with that weakness to win the EC and team management has to know it.

Harrison_Barnes
02-22-2011, 07:31 PM
I got this trade update sent to my phone. When I looked at the message all it said was Chicago trades James Johnson to Toronto in exchange for first round pick.

Initially thinking it was the Raptors pick I was quite pissed.. ran to my laptop and saw that it was the Heats. God i'm relieved.

UtahJazzFan88
02-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Hopefully the Bulls don't get JR Smith, I personally don't think he would be good to the team AT ALL, go get someone else that doesn't have an awful basketball IQ for someone in the NBA.

Rose
02-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I know the risks, but I'm fine with it really. I just want the offensive threat. I Know that after he ****s up he won't see the game again. so I can live with that.

jasonresno
02-22-2011, 07:36 PM
I'd be happy with Lee. Knows his role, young, and can shoot the three and defend.

az00m
02-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Why give up korver? He has a great +/- ... a perfect knock down shooter.

ReturnofJPR
02-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Why give up korver? He has a great +/- ... a perfect knock down shooter.

I think he was just throwing that out there. I wouldn't move Korver for Affalo or Mayo. Or Lee or Parker, etc.

The great thing about the Bulls is all of their players know their roles and are happy with them. Why bring in a big headed fool like JR Smith or OJ Mayo to fak that up. They will just try and steal the shine from Derrick Rose like Ben Gordon did his last year here. Say NO to Oj Mayo and JR Smith. NO!

GOBB
02-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Bulls dont need a SG. They have Bogans. If it aint broke, why fix it? Da Bulls!

Rose
02-22-2011, 07:39 PM
My wet dream is Courtney Lee.:oldlol:

GOBB
I think he was just throwing that out there. I wouldn't move Korver for Affalo or Mayo. Or Lee or Parker, etc.

The great thing about the Bulls is all of their players know their roles and are happy with them. Why bring in a big headed fool like JR Smith or OJ Mayo to fak that up. They will just try and steal the shine from Derrick Rose like Ben Gordon did his last year here. Say NO to Oj Mayo and JR Smith. NO!

You're a moron if you dont give up Korver for Afflalo. He is the perfect fit for Chicago.

Too bad you arent aware of players outside of the Bulls. Only time you comment on them is with off the court issues like some gossip reader.

Qwyjibo
Decent deal for the Raptors. It certainly isn't going to hurt them in the long or short run.

Miami's 1st rounder is nothing great. Unless the Raptors could have used it as an asset in a bigger deal, I'm ok with this trade.

VERY late 1st rounders (like this pick will be) are not good. It just gives a guaranteed contract to a player that likely will not be on the roster for long. An early 2nd round pick is actually better.

The Raptors had a hard-on for Johnson (heh) before the draft so this doesn't surprise me. If Johnson plays well then maybe the Raptors have a young controllable player that can give them some good minutes at SF. If he stinks then oh well, the Raptors have no long-term commitment to him. I just hope he gets the chance to play so we can see what he has. The Raptors are already bungling a situation like this with Bayless.

Players like Davis, Bayless and now Johnson should be getting as much playing time as possible. What's the point of having young unproven players if you aren't going to find out what you have in them? It's not like there is a playoff race to consider. Can this stupid franchise run by morons finally start doing something right?!?

kaiteng
02-22-2011, 07:42 PM
The draft pick Raptors traded away is worth nearly nothing since it's gonna be a very late first round pick in a projected weak draft anyway.

It's not like Leafs trading away its projected top 3 pick for Phil Kessel :D

jasonresno
02-22-2011, 07:42 PM
You're a moron if you dont give up Korver for Afflalo. He is the perfect fit for Chicago.

Too bad you arent aware of players outside of the Bulls. Only time you comment on them is with off the court issues like some gossip reader.
Always instigating, classy guy.

Rose
02-22-2011, 07:43 PM

I'd give up Korver for him in a heartbeat.

GOBB
02-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Decent deal for the Raptors. It certainly isn't going to hurt them in the long or short run.

Miami's 1st rounder is nothing great. Unless the Raptors could have used it as an asset in a bigger deal, I'm ok with this trade.

VERY late 1st rounders (like this pick will be) are not good. It just gives a guaranteed contract to a player that likely will not be on the roster for long. An early 2nd round pick is actually better.

The Raptors had a hard-on for Johnson (heh) before the draft so this doesn't surprise me. If Johnson plays well then maybe the Raptors have a young controllable player that can give them some good minutes at SF. If he stinks then oh well, the Raptors have no long-term commitment to him. I just hope he gets the chance to play so we can see what he has. The Raptors are already bungling a situation like this with Bayless.

Players like Davis, Bayless and now Johnson should be getting as much playing time as possible. What's the point of having young unproven players if you aren't going to find out what you have in them? It's not like there is a playoff race to consider. Can this stupid franchise run by morons finally start doing something right?!?

James Johnson is closer to being out of the league than a solid contributor. Your team just threw away that pick for nothing. And you're ok with it because it most likely would have been a guranteed contract to a scrub. But that can be countered with some productive players being drafted that late. But hey, Toronto sees something in JJ that none of us do.

Harrison_Barnes
02-22-2011, 07:46 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm praying that majority of these players get traded: Bargnani, Evans, Calderon, Barbosa, Klezia and possibly even Amir.

I know that Bargs probably isn't going anywheres.. and I can't see both Calderon and Barbosa getting traded this season.. but if I have to pick one ill take Calderon. Next year he will likely be an easier trading piece and while he is here for the rest of the year he can help develop DeMar faster then DeMar would playing next to Bayless.

rosonviyavong
02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
James Johnson was one of my favorite players in college so I like this pick up for Toronto and Miami is probably going to have a 29 or 30 pick in the draft so im all for tihs pick up

Harrison_Barnes
James Johnson is closer to being out of the league than a solid contributor. Your team just threw away that pick for nothing. And you're ok with it because it most likely would have been a guranteed contract to a scrub. But that can be countered with some productive players being drafted that late. But hey, Toronto sees something in JJ that none of us do.

I'm not sold on Johnson either and I figured we would have traded Miami's pick for a higher pick, but the trade wasn't really that bad. The likely hood of a late 1st rounder that was picked by Toronto contributing is not very high and the fact that Johnson plays SF gives me hope that we might be willing to trade away someone like Klezia.

Qwyjibo
James Johnson being a total scrub wouldn't hurt the Raptors in any way. Chances are they would draft an equal scrub with that late pick. I'll take a chance on someone that was regarded somewhat highly before the draft and hasn't received much playing time. The Raptors also have a gaping hole at SF and have nothing to play for this season. I just hope they are smart enough to give him minutes and see what he can do. They haven't done that with Bayless. This is a very stupid organization though.

The only other good way to use that 1st rounder would be as an added asset to a bigger deal. Somehow I don't think the Raptors are in on any big deals right now.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm praying that majority of these players get traded: Bargnani, Evans, Calderon, Barbosa, Klezia and possibly even Amir.
I'm with you. The only players I want to see getting big minutes the rest of the way are Ed Davis, Derozan and Bayless.

Everyone else can GTFO.

97 bulls
02-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Hopefully, the bulls parlay these draft picks into either afflalo, lee, or parker. Id like mayo, but to me, he's just to short and I don't like him in the role the bulls need. Id like smith too but he does bring baggage. And I wouldn't trade a single player already on the bulls for any of the guys mentioned.

97 bulls
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM
What's up with rudy fernandez?

Qwyjibo
02-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Who is this Lee that people keep talking about in this thread? It can't be a below-average player like Courtney Lee. Geez Bulls fans, aim a little bit higher to fill that SG hole.

Wat_Wat__
02-22-2011, 07:59 PM
i think this trade speaks more to the 'raptor front office' inabilities to scout players and BC's job insecurity.

you can always find something that fits your team in the late first round. i can't remember a draft that didn't have a productive late first or second round player. I don't know what to make of James Johnson as he hasn't gotten much run, he had an ok rookie year but doesn't see the floor this year, plus he's a tweener too slow to play sf and too small to play pf. i would've preferred to have kept the pick, at best it would've been a 24th pick. you definitely can find quality there if you're looking for it.

jasonresno
02-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Who is this Lee that people keep talking about in this thread? It can't be a below-average player like Courtney Lee. Geez Bulls fans, aim a little bit higher to fill that SG hole.
Good defender, great 3 pt shooter, knows his role, young.

:confusedshrug:

GOBB
02-22-2011, 08:03 PM

Agreed, not sure why Lee is so attractive.

Rose
02-22-2011, 08:06 PM
I like Lee because...
A. He's young(although has probably reached his potential already) but he can be Rose's wingman
B. He's a good defender
C. He only takes the 3s he can make. Which will be a lot of open ones
D. he's better than Bogans.:lol

brwnman
02-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Good defender, great 3 pt shooter, knows his role, young.

:confusedshrug:

He's shooting the 3 well this year, but I mean he's nobody that's gonna make much of a difference. He is not a difference maker. He's not that efficient overall. I wouldn't call him a guy who knows his role, you saw what happened last year with the Nets.

As a Bulls fan, I wouldn't want JR Smith either, but if you had to pick one of the two, I'd definitely go JR Smith. They are the same age, but Smith has moments where he becomes unconscious and starts making plays that makes him look like a superstar. Courtney Lee? meh, rather keep what you have in a combo of Brewer/Korver...

Qwyjibo
02-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Someone else in this thread mentioned Marcus Thornton. I think he'd be a good "buy low" option for the Bulls. If he can get back to playing like he did in his rookie year, that's a decent starting SG.

MightyWhitey
02-22-2011, 08:29 PM
James Johnson being a total scrub wouldn't hurt the Raptors in any way. Chances are they would draft an equal scrub with that late pick. I'll take a chance on someone that was regarded somewhat highly before the draft and hasn't received much playing time. The Raptors also have a gaping hole at SF and have nothing to play for this season. I just hope they are smart enough to give him minutes and see what he can do. They haven't done that with Bayless. This is a very stupid organization though.

The only other good way to use that 1st rounder would be as an added asset to a bigger deal. Somehow I don't think the Raptors are in on any big deals right now.

I'm with you. The only players I want to see getting big minutes the rest of the way are Ed Davis, Derozan and Bayless.

Everyone else can GTFO.
agree

dak121
02-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Someone else in this thread mentioned Marcus Thornton. I think he'd be a good "buy low" option for the Bulls. If he can get back to playing like he did in his rookie year, that's a decent starting SG.

Thornton would be excellent. Good perimeter shooter that's actually available for a 1st rounder.

And unlike Houston their GM probably won't look to rob a team in a trade and be completely unreasonable.

jasonresno
02-22-2011, 08:43 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Word is Bulls have NOT abandoned hope of striking deal for OJ Mayo and now have one more first-round pick to peddle after James Johnson deal

Mayo idea still out there.

chicity89
02-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Little more coming out...

STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Word is Bulls have NOT abandoned hope of striking deal for OJ Mayo and now have one more first-round pick to peddle after James Johnson deal.

Hoping this one goes through.. The little outside issues with OJ this season doesn't really faze me. I see him as a coachable player and I think he would work well under the Bulls...

Rose
02-22-2011, 08:58 PM
ew mayo.

UtahJazzFan88
02-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Mayo's a better option than JR Smith, but I'd go after Marcus Thornton.

VishaltotheG
02-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Thornton's perfect for the Bulls. Too bad our FO doesn't want to look at him.

Ruh-Roh
02-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Just a second...am I the only one who remembers us saying ya'll can keep J.R. Smith in the beginning of the year?

Bandito
02-22-2011, 11:28 PM
They are already a threat. THis moves will just put it in the Celtics level, or lcchip level:lol

Kujo
02-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Hopefully, James Johnson can live up to his potential with us. He's been a bust so far in his NBA career. We haven't had a good track record with these kind of moves, but this a low risk, potentially high reward move.

Ruh-Roh
02-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Hopefully, James Johnson can live up to his potential with us. He's been a bust so far in his NBA career. We haven't had a good track record with these kind of moves, but this a low risk, potentially high reward move.

You guys basically just used your draft pick on a guy that was already drafted a couple years earlier with it, so there must be some promise Toronto is seeing in him to make that move.

dee-rose
02-23-2011, 12:03 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :banghead: :mad: :rant :violin: :(

sdfjsdl;fajksdljfsadlkjskldjfksdal

We better get something good out of this.

The Choken One
02-23-2011, 12:57 AM
I would honestly love the Bulls if they traded for JR... been watching the Bulls for about 10 years and as much as I watched them...I was never a huge fan of anyone on them... JR is my type of dood.

bdreason
02-23-2011, 04:04 AM
Bogans is terribad. Even Parker would be an upgrade .

wally_world
02-23-2011, 05:44 AM
and why? :confusedshrug:

step_back
02-23-2011, 06:59 AM
For a 2nd round pick!

What a ****ing FAIL!:facepalm

Well done toronto you may not think it but you guys got a great talented player.

Ruh-Roh
02-23-2011, 07:09 AM
For a 2nd round pick!

Well done toronto you may not think it but you guys got a great talented player.

First round, Steppy. No worries, we're actually one of those teams that has enough talent to go fishing for blossomed players to fit in our system rather than grow them & play the waiting game. Feels weird, I know.

That said, Toronto you got a steal.

jasonresno
02-23-2011, 07:10 AM
For a 2nd round pick!

FFirst rounder.

wally_world
02-23-2011, 07:11 AM
First round, Steppy. No worries, we're actually one of those teams that has enough talent to go fishing for blossomed players to fit in our system rather than grow them & play the waiting game. Feels weird, I know.

That said, Toronto you got a steal.

Miami's pick so its as good as a 2nd :hammerhead:

step_back
02-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Miami's pick so its as good as a 2nd :hammerhead:

exactly, we could be getting the 25th+ pick. Not really worth having. We could just sign a d-league player with as much talent.

bluechox2
02-23-2011, 07:40 AM
not bad, i think the bulls now have a better chance at landing mayo

lets get this knicks/bulls rivalry going:rockon:

InspiredLebowski
02-23-2011, 07:55 AM
A late 1st in this draft is about as good as a mid 2nd in most drafts this year, just sayin. This is a pretty craptastic draft.

Nelson14
02-23-2011, 10:58 AM
wonder what they are planning

jasonresno
02-23-2011, 11:14 AM
According to Woj the Bulls have offered a 1st round pick to Houston for Courtney Lee. Houston still wants Asik in the deal and Chicago (thankfully) won't do it.

So as of now, stalled.

Bigsmoke
02-23-2011, 11:35 AM
im going be straight up.

i dont want JR Smith. He's a guy u want off the bench. Not starting. He takes horrible shots and plays horrible defense.

Bigsmoke
02-23-2011, 11:36 AM
According to Woj the Bulls have offered a 1st round pick to Houston for Courtney Lee. Houston still wants Asik in the deal and Chicago (thankfully) won't do it.

So as of now, stalled.

I just knew they will want Asik or Thomas :facepalm

Rip time!

eeeeeebro
02-23-2011, 11:44 AM
im going be straight up.

i dont want JR Smith. He's a guy u want off the bench. Not starting. He takes horrible shots and plays horrible defense.

Bulls can do that too.. brewer is excelent tallent for starting and JR could be teamed with CJ (WHO I THINK IS A GREAT PG TALLENT) cj realy picks up offense where Rose leaves off and he does it without warming up he does it in low minutes when cj actualy played 40 minutes he scored 33 and almost beat nuggets if it wasnt for 2 bad freethrows by a 10 day contract player (THIBS DID THIS) anyways JR definatly can produce in our system and probably produce well.

ballinhun8
02-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey we did find Taj Gibson with the 26th pick and Duhon was a 2nd rounder when we found him so I think if we keep the pick we can find talent.

ginobli2311
02-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Had enough for both Lee(cap wise at least) and Parker already. Which means it's gotta be J.R. Smith.

has to be.

this trade makes no sense unless they get jr smith. thats the good news for bulls fans. you guys are going to get an upgrade at sg now for sure.

chicity89
02-23-2011, 01:36 PM
The D-Will trade makes me think the likelihood of picking up OJ is very small now... Memphis are in a good spot to try grab a playoff spot with Utah seemingly in a free fall now...

Rose
02-23-2011, 01:41 PM
I don't get how 2 first rounders aren't enough to get Lee.

Zan Tabak
02-23-2011, 01:41 PM
The D-Will trade makes me think the likelihood of picking up OJ is very small now... Memphis are in a good spot to try grab a playoff spot with Utah seemingly in a free fall now...

Ha! Utah will be fine.

ZGalifianakis
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Who?

ginobli2311
02-23-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't get how 2 first rounders aren't enough to get Lee.

some teams over-rate the crap out of players.

i was talking in a mavs thread yesterday and someone was telling me that they wouldn't give up jj barea to get wilson chandler.

its hilarious.

pegasus
02-23-2011, 03:24 PM
some teams over-rate the crap out of players.

i was talking in a mavs thread yesterday and someone was telling me that they wouldn't give up jj barea to get wilson chandler.

its hilarious.

You were probably talking to one of your alter egos as usual.

Tarik One
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
They are already a threat. THis moves will just put it in the Celtics level, or lcchip level:lol

No it doesn't, and i'm telling you this as a Bulls fan. They need another ball handler in the the backcourt who can consistently beat guys off the dribble because Rose is not going to be scoring 35 points every game carrying his team deep in a multiple playoff series. It's not going to happen especially with the deep defensive backcourts they will be facing in the postseason.

DStebb716
02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
James Johnson is getting a whole lot of minutes tonight:
Through three quarters, he has:

26 minutes, 8 points, and four boards. (2-4 shooting).

bdreason
02-23-2011, 10:24 PM
oh great now Toronto is building their own Canadien "superteam".

Bandito
02-24-2011, 01:03 AM
No it doesn't, and i'm telling you this as a Bulls fan. They need another ball handler in the the backcourt who can consistently beat guys off the dribble because Rose is not going to be scoring 35 points every game carrying his team deep in a multiple playoff series. It's not going to happen especially with the deep defensive backcourts they will be facing in the postseason.
They don't need that strong of a backcourt when they have Noah and boozer inside. Plus they have Deng and a good bench. What they need is a scorer that can hit from the outside and take some weight from Rose's shoulder. Remember that this team (-Boozer) almost beat a Celtics team 2 years ago.

T-Low
02-24-2011, 10:27 PM
People are not thinking straight with this move. Every 1st rounder has a 3 year contract attached with it but with this trade, they got rid of that for a player who's potential has not even been tapped and without that 3-year contract attached. I love this trade for the factor that Johnson was supposed to be a lottery pick for a while there, and with the right playing time, who knows what might happen.

Can we please do something with that idiot, Bargnani, now?

Harrison_Barnes
02-25-2011, 12:11 AM
oh great now Toronto is building their own Canadien "superteam".

Just wait.. in about 5 years.. we will be THE superteam. :lol

People are not thinking straight with this move. Every 1st rounder has a 3 year contract attached with it but with this trade, they got rid of that for a player who's potential has not even been tapped and without that 3-year contract attached. I love this trade for the factor that Johnson was supposed to be a lottery pick for a while there, and with the right playing time, who knows what might happen.

I wish we could find someone stupid enough to take him.

kaiteng
02-25-2011, 01:37 AM
Well, he is pretty cheap for a 25 ppg jump-shooting stick. Keep him until there is a much better option to replace him.

T-Low
02-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Well, he is pretty cheap for a 25 ppg jump-shooting stick. Keep him until there is a much better option to replace him.

To be exact, it isn't a 25 ppg player and he isn't exactly cheap....