PDA

View Full Version : the Clippers suck.

geeWiz15
12-09-2006, 12:17 AM
what the hell is going on? is Tim Thomas really THAT awful? is he like actually making the rest of the team worse? ... I dont understand how this isn't a top NBA team. what do they lack? besides a coach.. but that didn't stop them last year.

Mahmoud
12-09-2006, 12:33 AM
what the hell is going on? is Tim Thomas really THAT awful? is he like actually making the rest of the team worse? ... I dont understand how this isn't a top NBA team. what do they lack? besides a coach.. but that didn't stop them last year.

I wonder if the Clippers are having buyers remorse. Thomas played one good half a season, with arguably the best point guard in the game today, one of the most explosive offenses, and that warrants a big deal?

DoubleTech
12-09-2006, 12:35 AM
how much pricier was radmanovic? should have kept him around.

SoCalMike
12-09-2006, 12:38 AM

I predicted when the season began that Tim Thomas would be deemed a bust in the Clippers forum, which was obviously met with obvious animosity. I stand by my prediction.

:pimp:

04mzwach
12-09-2006, 12:41 AM
it's pretty obvious, last year was a fluke and I saw this one coming.

Y2Gezee
12-09-2006, 01:13 AM
I still like Livingston though, the guys a player.

Mahmoud
12-09-2006, 01:14 AM
I was contemplating if any team would be stupid enough to give him a huge deal to "reward" him, and I thought, "no, surely no team is that foolhardy." Then it appeared Phoenix would in fact be that stupid, but somehow, the Clippers took the fall for them instead. Looks like the Clippers will always find a way to be, well, the Clippers. Giving Thomas a deal longer than a year or two was insanity at its finest.

Darius
12-09-2006, 03:29 AM
TT's alright... just a role player now, he'll come around.

Problem is Dunleavy has not defined roles, EB is playing like a B;tch and Sam is one year older.

However, Livingston is finally coming around, he's been looking like a young Penny the last few games... so if that hopefully continues I think they can put it together and at least make the playoffs.

PureElement
12-09-2006, 03:33 AM
Like I've said before, the West is just tougher this year then the last when the Jazz, Rockets and Nuggets were sucking due to injuries.

Targus
12-09-2006, 03:36 AM
The kings are crap, too....the pacific division is goin down :(

clipps
12-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Mike Dunleavy is getting exposed as a coach.

First of all, the teams best player(at this moment at least) is sitting on the bench as a sixth man and I honestly think that Quinton Ross is overrated. People say how much of a great defender is, but Tony Parker had no problem with Q Ross's "great defense". Ross should go to the bench with Maggette starting.

Mike Dunleavy, as far as I know, is the main problem. He doesn't even draws up an offense. He just puts matchup advantages and makes them go one on one. At least that's what it looks like. The Clippers have very talented individuas that can play as a team, they just need someone to emphasize that. I think the organization needs to get rid of Mike Dunleavy and hire someone like Rick Adelman. At this point, it's hard to see who out there is worse than Dunleavy. The Clippers better do it NOW while it's still early in the season.

If firing Dunleavy doesn't work, than the Clippers should be in need of a change up. At first I loved it, but now I think it was the dumbest idea to give Kaman that extension. This guy has "play for money" written right on him as far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen him to jack sh!t all season. Are the Clippers allowed to trade kaman yet or do they have to wait till summer time since it's the first year of his new contract? I forget about a lot og the trade restrictions. Sofokolis Schortsanitis will play for the Clippers next season and he's the type of center the Clippers should replace Kaman with. If not, then trade Kaman to a team with a week inside for a strong draft pick and draft a center. Maybe the Clipper's crappy season might be a blessing in desquise(errhmm, Greg Oden). I think Greg Oden and EB would make a nice front court duo.

If the Clippers continue to play like this when february comes, they should tank the rest of the season and jump in the Greg Oden sweepstakes. Oden will be a streight up superstar and that's a type of player the Clippers have been missing since McAdoo(05-06 EB was a fluke).

No matter what, the players the Clippers should keep no matter what should be Maggette, Brand, and Livingston.

Reasons?

Maggette and Brand have been with the team almost since day one(pretty much). And also, Brand and Maggette are great role players to have, especially if you have the possibility of someone like oden coming in.

Livingston is getting better and would be nice to have for the future, although I am getting a little pessimistic about this guy these days. he had a few good games, but I want to see how this guy does by the end of the season.

Hopefully (atleast) the Wolves will be at the 11th pick(Clippers pick if that happens... top 10 protected). I'm sure the Clippers can draft a nice shooter or something. Maybe the Clippers an use it on Marcus Williams, Daequan Cook or Marco Belinelli. If the Clippers are bad enough(top 5 draft pick), draft Hasheem Thabeet if they can't get Greg Oden. If the Clippers can't get a good enough draft pick, trade up by using kaman and maybe Mobley or something.

Do whatever that will be a step to the right direction.

A starting line-up like this could really be refreshing

C- Greg Oden
F- Elton Brand
F- Corey Maggette
G- Marcus Williams
G- Shaun Livingston

LakersDynasty
12-09-2006, 04:39 AM
And to think I was being laughed at and called a homer during the off-season when I said the Clips did nothing to improve and the Lakers would have a better record. I'll have the last laugh on this one. You really though contract whore Tim Thomas would take this team to the next level huh? :oldlol:

clipps
12-09-2006, 04:47 AM
The Clippers were already a good team that didn't need to improve. Thomas isn't the reason why the Clippers suck. The reason is Mike Dunleavy and his BS matchup game. Why don't you watch a Clipper game and actually see why they are not doing so well.

PureElement
12-09-2006, 04:49 AM
Everyone blames their coach when their roster isn't good, look at the Knicks.

shadow
12-09-2006, 04:52 AM
clipps, what is dunleavy doing so different from last year?
You guys played well without magette most of last year too. Him off the bench can't be anything but a boon for you guys since you didn't have that advantage last year. Now if he's being pissy about it and causing team chem issues that is a different story, but I really haven't read anything about clipps having those kinds of problems so far.

LakersDynasty
12-09-2006, 04:53 AM
The Clippers were already a good team that didn't need to improve. Thomas isn't the reason why the Clippers suck. The reason is Mike Dunleavy and his BS matchup game. Why don't you watch a Clipper game and actually see why they are not doing so well.
I've been to 3 Clipper games this season (Philly, Lakers, Miami) and only missed 2-3 games so far. The reason they aren't doing good is because their offense is terrible, they just give the ball to Cassell and Mobley and they go 1 on 1 and jack up perimeter shots, there's no ball movement on that team. Defense is solid just like last year but their offense is painful to watch. Maggette comes in, drives and gets some FT attempts and gives the team a spark off the bench only to be put back on the bench so Ross the elite defensive player can come in and get 30 minutes a game even when they are not playing teams with good perimeter players, I just don't get it. And yes the Tim Thomas signing was horrible, hate to tell you I told you so but the guy is notorious for being a contract year whore, was like that in Milwaukee, same way in PHX, he gets his contract and turns back into a lazy bum, how hard is that to predict?

clipps
12-09-2006, 04:55 AM
Other than the coach?

EB looks like KVH out there.

Kaman is playing like he's worth 52 cents.

The Clippers' best performing player is their sixthman. That alone lets you know that the coach doesn't get it.

TT is taking a vacation.

Sam Cassell is a year older

Quinton Ross is an overrated defender

James Singleton should be playing but isn't.

I'm sure it's not completely TT's fault that the Clippers suck. If you watch the team, the whole damn team looks like piss. The only ones that atleast look like they play correctly are Maggette, Mobley and Livingston.

Come on, Greg Oden, please save us. Bring Marcus Williams with you.

clipps
12-09-2006, 05:17 AM
I've been to 3 Clipper games this season (Philly, Lakers, Miami) and only missed 2-3 games so far. The reason they aren't doing good is because their offense is terrible, they just give the ball to Cassell and Mobley and they go 1 on 1 and jack up perimeter shots, there's no ball movement on that team. Defense is solid just like last year but their offense is painful to watch. Maggette comes in, drives and gets some FT attempts and gives the team a spark off the bench only to be put back on the bench so Ross the elite defensive player can come in and get 30 minutes a game even when they are not playing teams with good perimeter players, I just don't get it. And yes the Tim Thomas signing was horrible, hate to tell you I told you so but the guy is notorious for being a contract year whore, was like that in Milwaukee, same way in PHX, he gets his contract and turns back into a lazy bum, how hard is that to predict?

A lot of that is the coach trying to go with his matchups. He throws a weird matchup(EB, Thomas, Livingston, Cassell, Mobley, or Kaman, brand, Thomas, Maggette, Livingston, or whatever), and tells them to take an advantage. So you have 4 players standing around and one player trying to expose the defense, which works when you have an offense going, players are cutting, setting picks, etc. but that doesn't work when 4 players stand around and 1 player goes one on 5. The Clippers haven't been going to their bread and butter play of a pick n roll between Cassell/Livingston and Brand, setting him up with the open jumper which was money last year. It would still be money this year, but he's afraid to take it. He's been pump faking, hesitating, passing it back out when he should have passed it. I'll admit that I wasn't that happy about TT either, I just tried to be optimistic about it. But he's not the main problem. I don't know about you, but I think Ross is a very overrated defender, which is another problem with Dunleavy. He is so in love with Ross, at the same time, obviously has problems with maggette. That's why you have Ross over Maggette in the first place. Ross is the one that starts because of his "bruce Bowen like" defense, but on offense, he can't do anything. And Ross really isn't that great a defender that we like to say he is. his defensive assignments, FOR SOME REASON some how have season high games against him. I remember(I'm sure you remember as well), when Ross would get raved on how great he was at defense, then Kobe kills him, but when Shaun Livingston, the "inexperienced" defender compared to Ross packs Kobe twice.

I'm sure coaches on other teams are baffled on Ross starting over Maggette. I'm sure as hell am. Every time Maggette plays, he shows why he should be starter, and when I see Ross play, he shows why he should be on the bench playing a max of 20 minutes.

Dunleavy needs to cool it with the f'd up matchups and start drawing up an offense for the team to run.

DieHardBullsFan
12-09-2006, 05:19 AM

Its early.....thats almost saying my Bulls suck....if they are playing this way at all-star break then you should be worried!

LakersDynasty
12-09-2006, 05:23 AM
^^^^I agree with what you said, basically why I believe they are not doing good. Livingston is a better defender than Ross, when Ross got the starting job last year towards the end of the season and in the playoffs I figured it would be a temporary thing until Corey fully recovers from his injury, and in the Nuggets series I thought it was because of Melo that Ross got the starting job, but now we're 18 games into the season and it still hasn't changed. That's not the only thing holding them back though, they need more ball movement and less 1 on 1 isolation plays, which we already agreed on.

clipps
12-09-2006, 05:23 AM
That's what I'm saying. If the clippers play like this by all-star break, I hope they tank and draft Greg Oden. At least get SOMETHING in return for this crap season.

lovethetriangle
12-09-2006, 06:18 AM
I was contemplating if any team would be stupid enough to give him a huge deal to "reward" him, and I thought, "no, surely no team is that foolhardy." Then it appeared Phoenix would in fact be that stupid, but somehow, the Clippers took the fall for them instead. Looks like the Clippers will always find a way to be, well, the Clippers. Giving Thomas a deal longer than a year or two was insanity at its finest.

Exactly what I thought! Its the Jerome James classic!!!

The Clips management will always be ****!

Darius
12-09-2006, 02:00 PM
It's ironic, Clipps, that you blame Q. Ross for Parker going off when this was the one game of the year where our supposed "best player" (please tell me you don't actaully believe that) started in the place of Ross... Hmm...

The idea that signing Tim Thomas hurt the team is absurd. TT is just a role player, and a good one. We didn't sign him to be a superstar.

Clippers are losing because Brand isn't the same player as last year and neither is Cassell. Kaman and Livingston haven't stepped up to fill that vaccuum.

I don't like Dunleavy's micromanaging, 1v1 offense either but we managed to win with it last year.

geeWiz15
12-09-2006, 02:36 PM
James Singleton should be playing but isn't.
word! that's the type of guy the Wizards could use as our first forward off the bench. if you guys are going to waste him trade him here. was he second round pick? then that's where I want my MLE going. I like Singleton. when Maggs was injured last year he was getting a double double like every game.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-09-2006, 02:50 PM
That's what I'm saying. If the clippers play like this by all-star break, I hope they tank and draft Greg Oden.

People have to remember. We're talking about the Clippers here. They're a jinxed franchise. Whoever thought they could be a good team is kidding themsevles. They're not tanking, they're just bad.

Kaman playing like trash. (He already got his money)

Brand playing like a scrub.

Cassell playing like an old man. Well he's an old man.

I always liked Q, but what;s going on? He's soft this year with NO D!

Who else?

Last year the Clippers had their best record in franchise history, yet to be identical to the Lakers season. Clippers will have a good season once in a while, but that;s it.

Clippers needs a good season once in awhile to bring in new bandwagon fans, sell some tickets. Than lose again..

I guess it aint cool to wear Clippers gear anymore, back on the Lakers bandwagon. Like all the other weirdo Clippers fans...whacked!

shadow
12-09-2006, 03:09 PM
People have to remember. We're talking about the Clippers here. They're a jinxed franchise.

You know if clipps don't recover this year than you might just be right. There is no reason beyond any locker room issues (If any) that they should be so bad right now. They started out with a home friendly schedule too!

konex
12-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Clippers are struggling cos their 2nd best player doesn't start and gets inconsistent PT...

shadow
12-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Clippers are struggling cos their 2nd best player doesn't start and gets inconsistent PT...

But they played without him and Livingston just fine last year. If anything those two should boost their performance.

SoCalMike
12-09-2006, 03:17 PM
^^^^I agree with what you said, basically why I believe they are not doing good. Livingston is a better defender than Ross, when Ross got the starting job last year towards the end of the season and in the playoffs I figured it would be a temporary thing until Corey fully recovers from his injury, and in the Nuggets series I thought it was because of Melo that Ross got the starting job, but now we're 18 games into the season and it still hasn't changed. That's not the only thing holding them back though, they need more ball movement and less 1 on 1 isolation plays, which we already agreed on.

Why does Corey's name keep coming up in trade rumors? I just saw another one yesterday. I don't get it.

konex
12-09-2006, 03:18 PM
But they played without him and Livingston just fine last year. If anything those two should boost their performance.

Clipps last year = Sonics the year before. Several contract year players. It was an aberration..

Maggs needs to have a defined role on this team. Q-Ross ain't that good on D to relegate him to the bench...

clipps
12-09-2006, 06:14 PM
It's ironic, Clipps, that you blame Q. Ross for Parker going off when this was the one game of the year where our supposed "best player" (please tell me you don't actaully believe that) started in the place of Ross... Hmm..

What does that have to do with Tony Parker going off. Q Ross was still guarding Parker a lot of the times and still got owned. Q ross is so overrated. And yes, so far this season, Maggette has been the most effective player on the team. He needs to start. I'm tired of Dunleavy's BS.

ShawnieMac06
12-09-2006, 06:59 PM
The reasons why the Clips are sucking right down is just poor game-planning decision, and add-in that the players have a total lack of confidence and just lack heart and toughness. That's what happens when you lose in embarassing fashion the way the Clips lost to the Spurs last night. Nothing to do being "jinxed" or some other BS like that. You either have it or you don't. As far I'm concerned, everybody is to blame...the coaches and the players.

hotsizzle
12-09-2006, 07:24 PM
wow, clipps have a rough start with 20 games in and you already got fans saying "tank"...and you have the balls to call lakers fans "non real fans"

shadow
12-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Clipps last year = Sonics the year before. Several contract year players. It was an aberration..

Maggs needs to have a defined role on this team. Q-Ross ain't that good on D to relegate him to the bench...

yeah that is possible. The last time they made the playoffs under Larry Brown and everyone said they're finally ready for the big time, didn't they pull the same disappearing act the next season?

Anyway its still a long time to go. They are loaded with talent and still have a decent record. Lakers were teetering at .500 for most of last season too. So all it takes is a run to make the playoffs. But even if they do, they'd be a disappointment because everyone was expecting them to be one of the best amongst the second tier western teams.

geeWiz15
12-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Q Ross.. god damn him. him and Cassell's horrible shot form are why I hate the Clippers in 2k7. the guy misses every layup and open jumper he gets. I have to play on manual subs just to get his worthless ass of the floor. because I'm too lazy to change the rosters.

BlackVVaves
12-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Mike Dunleavy is getting exposed as a coach.

First of all, the teams best player(at this moment at least) is sitting on the bench as a sixth man and I honestly think that Quinton Ross is overrated. People say how much of a great defender is, but Tony Parker had no problem with Q Ross's "great defense". Ross should go to the bench with Maggette starting.

Mike Dunleavy, as far as I know, is the main problem. He doesn't even draws up an offense. He just puts matchup advantages and makes them go one on one. At least that's what it looks like. The Clippers have very talented individuas that can play as a team, they just need someone to emphasize that. I think the organization needs to get rid of Mike Dunleavy and hire someone like Rick Adelman. At this point, it's hard to see who out there is worse than Dunleavy. The Clippers better do it NOW while it's still early in the season.

If firing Dunleavy doesn't work, than the Clippers should be in need of a change up. At first I loved it, but now I think it was the dumbest idea to give Kaman that extension. This guy has "play for money" written right on him as far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen him to jack sh!t all season. Are the Clippers allowed to trade kaman yet or do they have to wait till summer time since it's the first year of his new contract? I forget about a lot og the trade restrictions. Sofokolis Schortsanitis will play for the Clippers next season and he's the type of center the Clippers should replace Kaman with. If not, then trade Kaman to a team with a week inside for a strong draft pick and draft a center. Maybe the Clipper's crappy season might be a blessing in desquise(errhmm, Greg Oden). I think Greg Oden and EB would make a nice front court duo.

If the Clippers continue to play like this when february comes, they should tank the rest of the season and jump in the Greg Oden sweepstakes. Oden will be a streight up superstar and that's a type of player the Clippers have been missing since McAdoo(05-06 EB was a fluke).

No matter what, the players the Clippers should keep no matter what should be Maggette, Brand, and Livingston.

Reasons?

Maggette and Brand have been with the team almost since day one(pretty much). And also, Brand and Maggette are great role players to have, especially if you have the possibility of someone like oden coming in.

Livingston is getting better and would be nice to have for the future, although I am getting a little pessimistic about this guy these days. he had a few good games, but I want to see how this guy does by the end of the season.

Hopefully (atleast) the Wolves will be at the 11th pick(Clippers pick if that happens... top 10 protected). I'm sure the Clippers can draft a nice shooter or something. Maybe the Clippers an use it on Marcus Williams, Daequan Cook or Marco Belinelli. If the Clippers are bad enough(top 5 draft pick), draft Hasheem Thabeet if they can't get Greg Oden. If the Clippers can't get a good enough draft pick, trade up by using kaman and maybe Mobley or something.

Do whatever that will be a step to the right direction.

A starting line-up like this could really be refreshing

C- Greg Oden
F- Elton Brand
F- Corey Maggette
G- Marcus Williams
G- Shaun Livingston

Wait. Are you the asme dude that called the Clippers title contenders, and when I called you delusional last year AND this off-season you called me a Suns homer, a hater, and to basically **** off? Now you are talking about getting Oden when you're not even the top 5 worst teams in the League?

:oldlol:

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-14-2006, 04:50 AM
Yep. The Clippas sucks!

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-16-2006, 06:33 AM
They're beyond horrible..

clipps
12-16-2006, 06:43 AM
Wait. Are you the asme dude that called the Clippers title contenders, and when I called you delusional last year AND this off-season you called me a Suns homer, a hater, and to basically **** off? Now you are talking about getting Oden when you're not even the top 5 worst teams in the League?

The Clippers are capable of being title contenders. They just have no heart, energy or effort and they are poorly coached. And if they are gunna suck, they might as well make it worth their while and get in position to draft Oden.

Zombles
12-16-2006, 06:55 AM
they don't play as a team.
No chemistry, no heart.

All the talent in the world though.

clipps
12-16-2006, 07:00 AM
Reminds me of the 02-03 team that had Brand, Miller, Maggette, Q Rich, Odom Kandi, etc. but couldn'd even win 30 games.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-16-2006, 07:05 AM
Clippas have a good season once in awhile, than it's back to losing.

Maybe they're really a jinxed franchise?

BlackVVaves
12-16-2006, 08:06 PM
The Clippers are capable of being title contenders. They just have no heart, energy or effort and they are poorly coached.

Explain me how they are title contenders, yet lack all the values a title contending team requires.:confusedshrug:

gts
12-16-2006, 08:25 PM
dunlevy is below .500 as a coach, he is a good skills coach thats why when he goes to a crappy team they improve, but, only to the next level he is not the type of coach who can take the team to that next level by himself...

his best years were with the lakers coaching a team that had 10 years under it's belt as a championship team and in portland where despite his coaching choices like leaving jermane oneal on the bench (avg. 11 minutes a game over 4 years) they did ok...

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Explain me how they are title contenders, yet lack all the values a title contending team requires.:confusedshrug:

I agree black. Clippas fans can say their team is a title contender and not be ridcule? The Lakers have a better record, but when their fans talk title contender, they get jumped on. It just doesn't make sense.

The Clippas should just worry about making the playoffs, before thinking long shot of titles..

clipps
12-16-2006, 09:14 PM

After watching the way the Clippers played last year, why the hell would I think in the off-season the Clippers would play with no heart, energy and effort. Last year, those were the 3 things the Clippers were all about. Did I expect them to be the exact opposite? no. In the off-season, I expected a lot more. When a team that has been improving for 3 straight seasons and finally made some noise last year, why would I think they would suck this year? It's called a pre-season prediction, and I admit it, I was wrong.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-16-2006, 09:29 PM
You have to give Clipps a lot of credit. Go on with your bad self bro. Hang in there.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Clippas sucks!

gts
12-17-2006, 07:05 PM
clips drop their 5th in a row....

SoCalMike
12-17-2006, 07:35 PM
How is Tim Thomas doing?

nerds
12-17-2006, 08:52 PM
several points

1) its still early, clippers have time to turn it around!
2) stop matching up to teams, make the match up to you!
3) they do sound like the Bucks from several years ago from making the ECFs to not making the playoffs at all!

nerds
12-17-2006, 08:52 PM
and also Tim Thomas was on the Buck team! ouch!

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-21-2006, 02:26 AM
1 for 6 out of their last 7 games. Losing 5 games in a row.

Yep.

They suck!

lakerfreak
12-21-2006, 02:33 AM
how much pricier was radmanovic? should have kept him around.

hes getting payed the same amount as TT.

But Radman is finally coming along for the lakers so hopefully we keep him.

finally all this confusion and arguments is put to rest. its LAL's town once again and will always be.

bence23
12-21-2006, 02:33 AM
damn i feared this team last year:oldlol:

LakersDynasty
12-21-2006, 02:41 AM
Clippers will get a top 5, doubtfully top 6 seed. Lakers while fight to try to make the playoffs, so who's better?
:roll:

LakersDynasty
12-21-2006, 02:42 AM
If the loyal CLIPPA fans were to post this trash in Faker forum, you
Flaker fans would be all over us. We stick to talking about our team
here and if you want to talk Clippas feel free to post. Otherwise
if you want to post garbage time about the Fakers do in your forum.

LETS talk about our team.. We are on the verge a make a big
run this year at the title. We have a solid nucleus, stability,
a winning attitude, good coaching, and loyal knowledgeable fans.
WE are the team of the real LA.:banana: :pimp:

I see improvement coming from the growth of our superstar EB
and our young guns..KAveman, Livingstick, Jumpin James, and Q.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

hotsizzle
12-21-2006, 02:43 AM
I dont wanna start talkin sh!t cuz its early but so far its true. I mean they just cant get rid of their past. They're so talented and are a VERY deep team but something haunts them. I think they need a change in venue or something. I dont know, maybe they'll still turn it around but I would hope not.

hotsizzle
12-21-2006, 02:44 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll: maybe it isnt too early

LakersDynasty
12-21-2006, 02:45 AM
I thought we had a better record than The Lakers in the 2004-2005 season as well. I proposed a bet with you earlier, what do say we finish that bet with $500.00 on the line?
Wasn't directed at me but I should have taken that bet. :banghead:

LakersDynasty
12-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Clippers are cleary the better team, if you compare the players here you go.

Sam Cassell > Smush Parker
Cuttino Mobley < Kobe Bryant
Corey Maggette < Lamar Odom
Elton Brand > Kwame Brown
Chris Kaman > Chris Mihm

Tim Thomas and Shaun Livingston vs Rad and Maurice Evans
OMG, what did I say? :roll: :roll: :roll:

LakersDynasty
12-21-2006, 02:54 AM
ok so me and my friend i arguing which team is better he is laker fan blockhead also and he says that livingston sucks and that he gets alot of turnovers and i need some proff that maggeette is better than lamar and stuff like that please gimme all u got thx clipper nation
:eek:

lakerfreak
12-21-2006, 02:55 AM
:eek:

:eek: is right.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-21-2006, 02:59 AM
Clippers are a jinxed franchise. Letting V-Rad go was a mistake. V-Rad personally won many games for the Clippers last year, making those 3s. Tim Thomas is a joke! Isn't Tim Thomas injured again?

LakersDynasty
12-21-2006, 03:00 AM
Sarcasm kid ;). As far as Maggette and Odom go, they are dead even, but I give Maggs the slight advantage due to the fact of his consistent visit to the freethrow line

Are you guys crazy? Lamar better than Magette, Lamar how long have you all been Clipper Fans? I waited and waited and waited for Lamar to reach his Potential, he has declined in Production but Magette has done nothing but improve. One other thing watch Lamar this year, he will go back in his shell, just like when he had his previous personal problems. He could'nt even play in the FIBA Games. Favr's father passed away and he played that day, Tiger's dad passed away and look at what he is doing and I myself suffered the worst lost ever felt when my father passed away and I was a real young man but I showed up to work the very next day. Excuses are acceptable to under achievers. Mark my words he will clam-up this year like he always has in the past. He can not handle pressure, look what happened everytime he had the ball in a critical situation when he was a Clipper-turnover. I was so disapointed when we traded Miles instead of Lamar, I wanted him gone so badly

Knowledge of the game is what long time Clip fans are known for and us Clip fans want our forum to be about the Clips and the game. Name calling (calling people stupid and idiot) is not helping any Faker fans the case for why outside of their favorite player #8, the Fakers are better

Starters

Chris Kaman > Chris Mihm
Elton Brand > Kwame Brown
Corey Maggette = Lamar Odom
Cuttino Mobley < Kobe Bryant
Sam Cassell > Smush Parker

Bench
Zeljko Rebraca/Paul Davis/Bonifac N'Dong > Andrew Bynum
Tim Thomas/Aaron Williams = Vladimer Radmanovic/Brian Cook/Ronnie Turiaf
James Singleton/Yaroslav Korolev > Luke Walton
Quinton Ross = Mo Evans/Von Wafer/Aaron McKie
Shaun Livingston/Daniel Ewing > Jordan Farmar/Shamond Williams

The Clippers have more greater-than signs than less-than signs. The Clippers are the better team... again. If the Lakers are the better team, that makes them an elite. The Lakers are not an elite.

Right, Maggette > Odom, not Maggette = Odom. Thanks for the correction. Talking about slow guards, isn't your rookie a slow guard from College? How bout one of the slowest and dumbest big men in the league in Kwame Brown?

Hilarious eh? :rolleyes:

lakerfreak
12-21-2006, 03:05 AM
Hilarious eh? :rolleyes:

Where's that lawlerslaw100 punk?

Haven't seen him since lakers killed both times.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-21-2006, 03:10 AM
Where's that lawlerslaw100 punk?

Haven't seen him since lakers killed both times.

Another clipper groupie who's Missing In Action....

LakersDynasty
12-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Such an easy question. Have you heard of tanking games? The clippers tanked so many games during the last few weeks of the season. They had the opportunity to do so, so they did, can't blame them for wanting denver.

So in simple terms for you lakers fans. The clippers had a playoff birth way before the lakers did and sat out key guys for rest.

And tell me who's proven on the Lakers besides Kobe.
Cassell may the slowest point guard in the league but he's still better than any point guard the Lakers have all together. Just because the Clippers are better than the Lakers doesn't mean we are saying they are the next dsynasty. Why don't you read our posts before putting words in our mouths. What the hell does Odom do that's worth ranking ahead of Corey Maggette. Sure, Odom might be more TALENTED!!!, but Maggette gets the other team in foul trouble, has a better jumpshot(that's sad), and isn't a p*ssy. Odom is overrated.

The Clippers will be contending with the rest of the leagues elite, Spurs, Mavs, Suns, etc. for the NBA Championship while the Lakers will be fighting for a playoff spot with the Rockets, Grizzlies, Jazz, Hornets, etc.

except kobe who is a great player...LAC are a way much better team

You have 14 mil going to someone who isn't on your team, then 13 mil to someone who's an underachiever and is equal or worse to the skills of Maggs, when Corey is making half of that

:lol:

LakersDynasty
12-21-2006, 03:13 AM
If we posted ludricious trash in the FAKER forum, you would be outraged.
Do not expect us to welcome you fools with open arms in the forum
of the most educated NBA fans in LA and SoCA. We appreciate
the game and are not bandwagoners like all you Kobe handjobbers.:hammerhead: :stupid:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Darius
12-21-2006, 03:15 AM
It's a shame to a talented team like this go out like suckers.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-21-2006, 03:16 AM
Dynasty, you must stop. You're killing me...

:roll:

CLippers fans = M.I.A.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-21-2006, 03:18 AM
It's a shame to a talented team like this go out like suckers.

Clippers are not talented. I knew they're a joke of a team. Brand and Magg are the only player I would take on my team. Though, both Brand and Magg are too inconsistent. I wouldn't give them the max...

saKf
12-21-2006, 12:03 PM
The Clippers just lost a game where Darrick Martin took ten shots. That pretty much says it all.

Joey Zaza
12-21-2006, 12:19 PM
The biggest difference between Clipps last year and this is Sam Cassel. Cassel was omnipresent last year. The key to Cassel was actually leadership - which is so overstated in som any players, but in Cassel's case it may actually be true.

You could actually see during a Clips game when the other team went on a run and the kids started ot hang their heads- Cassel would get the ball head up - knees popping and the rest of the team would follow suit.

Even if Liv had that - "Its cool, it ain't over yet" - attitude, the team doesn't respond the same way because he's not the winning vet that Cassel is.

Its possible the Cassel doesn't care as much anymore, is banged up so he cannot be on the court as much, or he's pissed that his role has bee reduced - but that swagger is missing.

Darius
12-21-2006, 02:33 PM
The biggest difference between Clipps last year and this is Sam Cassel. Cassel was omnipresent last year. The key to Cassel was actually leadership - which is so overstated in som any players, but in Cassel's case it may actually be true.

You could actually see during a Clips game when the other team went on a run and the kids started ot hang their heads- Cassel would get the ball head up - knees popping and the rest of the team would follow suit.

Even if Liv had that - "Its cool, it ain't over yet" - attitude, the team doesn't respond the same way because he's not the winning vet that Cassel is.

Its possible the Cassel doesn't care as much anymore, is banged up so he cannot be on the court as much, or he's pissed that his role has bee reduced - but that swagger is missing.

Joey sees deep.

That is definently a major factor... plus Sam has slowed down a bit and cant run the pick and roll as well... which basically was our offense.

joe lucky
12-21-2006, 02:38 PM
as much as I hate to admit it the Clippers need Cassell as a starter and healthy. Brand needs the ball alot more. He seems to feed off his shots on the defensive end too.

qrich
12-21-2006, 06:57 PM
as much as I hate to admit it the Clippers need Cassell as a starter and healthy. Brand needs the ball alot more. He seems to feed off his shots on the defensive end too.

Exactly, when Sammy starts he gets to choose what shot he wants to take, as opposed to coming off the bench and facing a deficit and needing to take the j's instead of choosing when he wants to shoot.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-23-2006, 03:42 AM
Clippers 10 w 15 l

Yep. The better team in LA.

:banghead:

LakersDynasty
12-23-2006, 03:46 AM
Clippers 10 w 15 l

Yep. The better team in LA.

:banghead:
When I go to Clipper games they still say that during timeouts. "Hey Clipper Fans, this is your chance to get Clipper season tickets to see the best Team in L.A. in action." I guess there's something to it. :confusedshrug:

Kobe4life
12-23-2006, 03:48 AM
brand is not playing well

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-23-2006, 03:48 AM
When I go to Clipper games they still say that during timeouts. "Hey Clipper Fans, this is your chance to get Clipper season tickets to see the best Team in L.A. in action." I guess there's something to it. :confusedshrug:

Do they actually say that? :oldlol: My friends who still lives in LA, said you can get Clippers tickets for half price.

LakersDynasty
12-23-2006, 03:51 AM
Do they actually say that? :oldlol: My friends who still lives in LA, said you can get Clippers tickets for half price.
Yup, last game I caught was against Miami which at that point they were already under .500 I believe. I guess it's all about marketing.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-23-2006, 03:53 AM
Yup, last game I caught was against Miami which at that point they were already under .500 I believe. I guess it's all about marketing.

It's all good. We all know the Clippers are back to normal, "Losing"....

BradMiller52
12-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Is Brand ever going to ask out or is he too nice for that?

jimmy77x
01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
:lol gotcha

Pushxx
01-07-2013, 05:26 PM
:lol gotcha

Should I have made a thread about your virginity then bumped it when you lost it?

Oh wait you still haven't lost it.

clipps
01-07-2013, 05:41 PM
It feels so good to be a Clippers fan.

jimmy77x
01-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Should I have made a thread about your virginity then bumped it when you lost it?

Oh wait you still haven't lost it.

:lol really dude ? just a simple joke and you turn to personal insults. You have some issues.

Pushxx
01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
:lol really dude ? just a simple joke and you turn to personal insults. You have some issues.

No point to bumping threads. You don't think things change? Waste of time reading this bullshit.

Hence the joke about your virginity, since you wouldn't bump a thread from years ago that you still had it. GET IT :coleman:

Y2Gezee
01-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Clicked link hoping to see GeeWiz back. Where is he?

jimmy77x
01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
No point to bumping threads. You don't think things change? Waste of time reading this bullshit.

Hence the joke about your virginity, since you wouldn't bump a thread from years ago that you still had it. GET IT :coleman:

Yes i get it just relax man :lol That was to joke to get people to read an old irrelevant thread sorry it wasted 5 seconds of your precious time :facepalm

Clifton
01-07-2013, 06:59 PM
This thread, and its bump, have a lot to tell about the value of leadership. In between Sam Cassell and Chris Paul leading the Clippers, no matter who was on the roster, they could do nothing, scare nobody.

Clicked link hoping to see GeeWiz back. Where is he?
Here. New name but the same ol' Gee.