PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Bench Laughing at Coach John Kuester Being Ejected

MichaelAngelo
02-25-2011, 09:52 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2vdny9d.jpg

First the protest by not going to practice, now they laugh at him getting ejected. No respect for him at all. I doubt he makes it through the weekend

Full Story McGrady leading protest: http://bit.ly/ebKHko

PJR
02-25-2011, 09:54 PM
What a trainwreck. :oldlol:

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-25-2011, 09:54 PM
:facepalm

Now if was Kurt Rambis I'd understand but this............................:facepalm

and these guys are veterans not youngsters :facepalm

tsforthrees
02-25-2011, 09:56 PM
passive aggressive. that explains why they suck

oh the horror
Well, they fu*ked up by not making trades before the deadline. You have dissention on the ranks, players unhappy, a lousy team, and people full on not respecting the coach at all.

THIS IS WHY YOU CHANGE THE TEAM UP. Why havent moves been made, and how long is this going to go on for?

tsforthrees
:facepalm

Now if was Kurt Rambis I'd understand but this............................:facepalm

and these guys are veterans not youngsters :facepalm

exactly. would have thought some of these guys were more mature. they should be ashamed over this whole situation

Clutch
02-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Hilarious :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

They are worse than bunch of kids.

hoopaddict08
02-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Well, they fu*ked up by not making trades before the deadline. You have dissention on the ranks, players unhappy, a lousy team, and people full on not respecting the coach at all.

THIS IS WHY YOU CHANGE THE TEAM UP. Why havent moves been made, and how long is this going to go on for?

They can't just go out and make any trade they want. The team is still unsold. I don't even think they can fire coach Kuester right now. Well now that it has gain National Attention they might, but will see.

This team can't be fixed until Davidson sells this team to Tom Gore.

It sucks for all fans of this franchise. :(

oh the horror
02-25-2011, 10:03 PM
They can't just go out and make any trade they want. The team is still unsold. I don't even think they can fire coach Kuester right now. Well now that it has gain National Attention they might, but will see.

This team can't be fixed until Davidson sells this team to Tom Gore.

It sucks for all fans of this franchise. :(

Thats a shame then, because that squad and coaching staff obviously needs to be blown up and they all need to start from scratch or something. It simply is NOT working out the way its going right now.

GOBB
02-25-2011, 10:03 PM
That was embarrassing to watch.

Nets fan 93
02-25-2011, 10:09 PM
That is pathetic. No wonder they are so bad.

hoopaddict08
02-25-2011, 10:09 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__71/ept_sports_nba_experts-540438345-1298683262.jpg?ym_lenEDxpdas9TU

Tracy Mcgrady is an idiot. He went from being passed up by every contender to joining a basement dweller, who took him from the bench to the starting line-up and he is sitting there laughing. What did Kuester do to this guy?

These players are idiots. You have second year player Austin Daye skipping practice to protest his coach? Are you kidding me? That is really going to show management your commited to the team. And this is a guy most people expect to start next season in place of Tayshaun Prince who will surely bolt from here this summer.

Then you have Stuckey who skips even though he is in a contract year. That is going to work well for him.

tsforthrees
02-25-2011, 10:12 PM
no team is going to want these guys. no skill and shitty attitudes.

DuMa
02-25-2011, 10:15 PM
kinda sad that the players had to resort to this to voice their opinions about being mistreated in the org

hoopaddict08
02-25-2011, 10:16 PM
no team is going to want these guys. no skill and shitty attitudes.

Not true.

Teams will want Prince, Mcgrady, Stuckey, Daye, and Hamilton (although they don't want his contract).

All those guys have skill, and there was a time when Prince and Hamilton were part of a team that was all about the right attitude. Remember that? There just in a poor situation and it really exposes them. Any player that has had the success they have had would react the same way.

gts
02-25-2011, 10:19 PM
you would think the vets would know better but i guess not... it's embarrassing for the whole franchise but mostly the players

AlphaWolf24
02-25-2011, 10:24 PM
T MAC - "It feels good to finally get out of the first round" - Orlando's Tracy McGrady after being up 3 - 1 vs the 03' Pistons

reporter - "So your confident you guy's have won the series?"

T MAC - "Oh yeah...we got this"

Orlando went on to lose 3 games to the Pistons....T Mac failed to get past the first round again.

L.Kizzle
02-25-2011, 10:33 PM
LOL, this is a good protest. Not like they did something crazy, they skipped a shoot around. This isn't the first time payers have protested a coach and it wont be the last.

bokes15
02-25-2011, 10:44 PM
I can't believe the entire starting 5 got DNP CD's. This is getting ridiculous.

cbombdotcom
02-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Well, for all of you guys saying "they're idiots" and "they should know better", there is obviously something afoul within the organization. The fact that it's veteran guys should emphasize that even more. If dudes like Austin Daye and Tayshaun are participating, YOU KNOW something is up. Those dudes are harmless and it seems quite out of their character to just not show up to work. At the end of the day, it is a job and if the "workers" feel mistreated on certain level, they will, most likely, express their opinion.

L.Kizzle
02-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Well, for all of you guys saying "they're idiots" and "they should know better", there is obviously something afoul within the organization. The fact that it's veteran guys should emphasize that even more. If dudes like Austin Daye and Tayshaun are participating, YOU KNOW something is up. Those dudes are harmless and it seems quite out of their character to just not show up to work. At the end of the day, it is a job and if the "workers" feel mistreated on certain level, they will, most likely, express their opinion.
Dude, this is insidehoops. Cause it's a "job" that pays millions of dollars, they shouldn't be protesting, or anything for that matter.

boozehound
02-25-2011, 10:55 PM
you would think the vets would know better but i guess not... it's embarrassing for the whole franchise but mostly the players
yeah, Im a little surprised that ben was involved. IMO it looks bad for everyone, but particularly the players. Glad Q and his assistants stuck with their guns and didnt play any of them. they should be embarrassed, especially prince and wallace. Very interested in how this will playout. Im just glad maxiell got some time!

boozehound
02-25-2011, 10:57 PM
I can't believe the entire starting 5 got DNP CD's. This is getting ridiculous.
well, thats not true. monroe starts and he started.

also, looking at the boxscore they are all dnp-cd except for tay (upset stomach). So, its possible he either didnt partake or partook and is too big a ***** to be a man about it.

gts
02-25-2011, 10:58 PM
yeah, Im a little surprised that ben was involved. IMO it looks bad for everyone, but particularly the players. Glad Q and his assistants stuck with their guns and didnt play any of them. they should be embarrassed, especially prince and wallace. Very interested in how this will playout. Im just glad maxiell got some time! no sh*t they stuck to their guns.... just looked at the box score can't remember the last time i saw a 6 man rotation...

whole lotta DNP's coaches decisions and inactive on that list

LA_Showtime
02-25-2011, 11:00 PM
They're professional athletes who get paid millions of dollars to perform. This type of behavior should never be tolerated, period. I thought Tayshaun and Ben in particular were better than that.

Question: Is it confirmed that Tracy was laughing at Kuester's ejection, or is that just what everyone's assuming?

33teeth
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__71/ept_sports_nba_experts-540438345-1298683262.jpg?ym_lenEDxpdas9TU

Tracy Mcgrady is an idiot. He went from being passed up by every contender to joining a basement dweller, who took him from the bench to the starting line-up and he is sitting there laughing. What did Kuester do to this guy?

These players are idiots.

My thoughts exactly. This team and this season are Tracy McGrady's lifeline. Acting like a total douche and having no respect for his coach (horrid or not) isn't going to help him get a better gig next year. He should be acting like a saint.

bokes15
no sh*t they stuck to their guns.... just looked at the box score can't remember the last time i saw a 6 man rotation...

whole lotta DNP's coaches decisions and inactive on that list
Me neither, that's something else. I guess they did what they had to do, and he in turn did what he had to do. Unfortunately, now the Pistons are the joke of the league. So everyone is laughing at them, not with them.

UtahJazzFan88
02-25-2011, 11:21 PM
On a side note, probably the only thing for fans of the Pistons to cheer about is the good play of Greg Monroe, looks like he could be a really good player in the future.

GOBB
02-25-2011, 11:49 PM
What exactly were they protesting?

Question: Is it confirmed that Tracy was laughing at Kuester's ejection, or is that just what everyone's assuming?

It would be a big coincidence if he wasnt because the laughter took place when he got tossed. This happened well into the game when the giggly schoolgirls were on the end of the bench still wearing thier warmup suits. Yanno the protestors. They may play it like they werent laughing at him. Bad timing to save themselves from criticism. But I wouldnt buy it.

Naruto-sama
02-25-2011, 11:53 PM
OMMG Biig deeal? I was thiinking they were celebrrating the waay you guys were talkinng but a feww laughs to themmself? OF couurse the organization hass known about thhe dramaalooong time ago and whaat have they done? NOOTHING! Not 1 trrade aand yess they couuld have traaded their players theey are just beiing greedy thinkiing moore value for players now buut now it probbly backfiired froom this baad publiccity.

Phenith
02-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Has a protest against a coach gone this far in the modern era?

went_worth
02-25-2011, 11:58 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Tracy-McGrady-300x195.jpg

:lol

Derka
02-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Should send them all to the D-League and bring up guys who want to play.

chris2010
02-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Should send them all to the D-League and bring up guys who want to play.

id rep you for that. But the system is gone anyways

code green
02-26-2011, 12:37 AM
so what did kuester do to make everyone hate him? i don't watch much pistons bball.

Lebron23
02-26-2011, 12:44 AM
The worst coach in the NBA.

Skywalker
02-26-2011, 12:51 AM
lol

from his wiki

From 1985 to 1990 he was the head coach at George Washington University. His 1988-1989 Colonials team compiled a 1-27 record, one of the worst ever in NCAA history.[5][7]
He continued his career on the sidelines in the NBA, joining the Boston Celtics in 1990 and serving as an assistant from 1995 to 1997,[5] and from 1997 to 2003 an assistant for the Philadelphia 76ers under head coach Larry Brown. In 2003-04, Kuester followed Brown to the Detroit Pistons where he also served as an assistant. In 2004-05 Kuester was an assistant with the New Jersey Nets,[4] and returned to the 76ers once more in 2005-06. In July 2006, Kuester was named as an assistant coach for the Orlando Magic.[8]
In August 2007, Kuester was named to Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Mike Brown's staff, replacing the departing Kenny Natt.[9]
In July 2009, Kuester was hired as head coach of the Detroit Pistons, replacing Michael Curry.[10

what about his CV made the Pistons think he'd do a job for them? the guy was a human suitcase for 10 years

Funnyfuka
02-26-2011, 12:56 AM
i have a simple solution for these spoiled childish millionaires: erasing their "team" from the nba.

InspiredLebowski
02-26-2011, 12:57 AM
I don't care how bad of a coach he is or how bad they want him fired, that's just about as unprofessional as it can get. The Pistons sucking can't all be on the coach when he has to deal with children.

Rake2204
02-26-2011, 01:00 AM
lol

from his wiki

what about his CV made the Pistons think he'd do a job for them? the guy was a human suitcase for 10 years
To be honest, I think his hire had to do with the groundswell seen here at InsideHoops a few years ago. During the playoffs, rumors sprouted about, and finally a famed gif of Mike Brown wandering the sidelines aimlessly during a late timeout of a playoff game while Kuester (then known as "the white guy") drew up strategy for the Cavs on his white board. That was Kuester's peak. He rode the InsideHoops wave straight into Detroit.

Naruto-sama
02-26-2011, 01:02 AM
Whaat if TMAC madde a fuynny jooke and theyy could'nt help buut laugh?

knickballer
02-26-2011, 01:04 AM
someone should tell T-mac the jokes on him with his lazy eye..

boozehound
02-26-2011, 01:04 AM
To be honest, I think his hire had to do with the groundswell seen here at InsideHoops a few years ago. During the playoffs, rumors sprouted about, and finally a famed gif of Mike Brown wandering the sidelines aimlessly during a late timeout of a playoff game while Kuester (then known as "the white guy") drew up strategy for the Cavs on his white board. That was Kuester's peak. He rode the InsideHoops wave straight into Detroit.
this is basically it, I think. He was thought to be the brains behind the better play of that years cavs and he rode it to an opening that summer. Its pretty clear that they should have hired Laimbeer, like I suggested.

_Shaq_Fu_
02-26-2011, 01:05 AM
The worst coach in the NBA.

Maybe. That doesn't excuse what they did, though. These are professional athletes, not children. At the very least they should act like adults.

Naruto-sama
02-26-2011, 01:05 AM
I''m reallly likeing Gallinarri's game :applause:

InspiredLebowski
02-26-2011, 01:06 AM
this is basically it, I think. He was thought to be the brains behind the better play of that years cavs and he rode it to an opening that summer. Its pretty clear that they should have hired Laimbeer, like I suggested.I think Laimbeer could be a great head coach. I kind of want him here in Indy, but Larry Bird hiring Bill Laimbeer? Yeah.

Detroit should DEFINITELY hire him, that franchise is in desperate need of some kind of shot in the arm. Hire Laimbeer and bring in Zeke!

boozehound
to be fair, players (on the other team's bench) laugh all the time about why people were given a T (OMG can you believe it). I dont really think the laughing is as bad as the "walkout".

G.O.A.T
1) Kuester is not a good head coach

2) The Pistons have a bad roster

3) The Pistons are talented enough to be a playoff team or battling for a playoff spot

4) The reason they are not is not because of Kuester, but because of the players.

5) Joe Dumars needs to do something or just step down. I can't believe his team is acting this way. This is a guy who will forever be my favorite Piston for what he's done on the court and as GM, but this is not Joe Dumars basketball.

6) This should be the death nail for Stuckey and Daye as Pistons going forward. They obviously don't have the character to make up for their slightly above/below average talent.

7) Most disappointed in Rip, Tay and Ben. They are Champions, they owe so much to this franchise and their are tarnishing their legacies and their place in the franchise's history.

8) T-Mac sucks. As fun as it's been watching him this year, we are again reminded why he is a loser and will forever be linked with the likes of Spencer Haywood, Vince Carter, Pete Maravich and the like. Super talents, but not winning players.

boozehound
02-26-2011, 01:08 AM
I think Laimbeer could be a great head coach. I kind of want him here in Indy, but Larry Bird hiring Bill Laimbeer? Yeah.

Detroit should DEFINITELY hire him, that franchise is in desperate need of some kind of shot in the arm. Hire Laimbeer and bring in Zeke!
supposedly dumars has beef with him (or something like that). Really though, I am still mad about them firing carlisle. Damn, what a crap-tastic coaching job we have had since flip (and he was detested by many fans).

sirkeelma
02-26-2011, 01:12 AM
That is pathetic. No wonder they are so bad.
Pistons - 21-39
Nets - 17-41
:confusedshrug:

InspiredLebowski
02-26-2011, 01:16 AM
supposedly dumars has beef with him (or something like that). Really though, I am still mad about them firing carlisle. Damn, what a crap-tastic coaching job we have had since flip (and he was detested by many fans).Then fire Dumars. I don't think he's become as terrible as some, and his recent drafts have been solid to good, but when a GM signs a guy they're prone to hang onto them too long. Just confirmation bias, happens to everyone. Someone new needs to come in with no ties to any of the players and clean house how he sees fit.

And personally, I'm pretty happy they fired Carlisle. Worked out well for us. Carlisle's a divisive coach though, at least here. The stopwatch substitutions, massive micromanagement, and there's no doubt he lost the team his last year here. But that's not his fault, that team was full of retards. I'd love to have him back right now, I think this current team would be a good group for him assuming Darren Collison learns to run something but a PnR in the halfcourt.

DetroitPiston
02-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Poor form from these guys, especially Rip, Tay, and Ben. Then again, it's not the first time they've done something like this. Of the worst, it's been Rip. Ever since he was benched he's been throwing his toys out of the pram and it's a shame since Rip's been one of my favorite Pistons.

I think Laimbeer could be a great head coach. I kind of want him here in Indy, but Larry Bird hiring Bill Laimbeer? Yeah.

The problem with hiring legends as coaches is they don't exactly work out. Zeke should be obvious as to why I don't want him near the Pistons in anything handling basketball.

InspiredLebowski
02-26-2011, 01:23 AM
The problem with hiring legends as coaches is they don't exactly work out. Zeke should be obvious as to why I don't want him near the Pistons in anything handling basketball.Was kidding about Zeke. Well, I'd love it to happen being a division rival, but I was kidding about it actually happening.

What legends haven't worked out as coaches? GMs sure, and maybe it'd be tough PR wise to fire him if it didn't work, but it's not like he's a Mark Jackson with no credentials.

boozehound
02-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Poor form from these guys, especially Rip, Tay, and Ben. Then again, it's not the first time they've done something like this. Of the worst, it's been Rip. Ever since he was benched he's been throwing his toys out of the pram and it's a shame since Rip's been one of my favorite Pistons.

The problem with hiring legends as coaches is they don't exactly work out. Zeke should be obvious as to why I don't want him near the Pistons in anything handling basketball.
sure. but laimbeer has shown himself a good coach (wnba 3 titles in 4 years?) and personnel manager. look how effective he was himself as a player though smarts, hardwork and the occasional underhanded move/comment. dude would be solid IMO. and just what this team needs.

InspiredLebowski
02-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Remember when they were the definition of "team?" Won a title with no superstar, all that. Always hated them, but were easy to respect and admire.

Times change I guess.

DetroitPiston
02-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Was kidding about Zeke. Well, I'd love it to happen being a division rival, but I was kidding about it actually happening.

What legends haven't worked out as coaches? GMs sure, and maybe it'd be tough PR wise to fire him if it didn't work, but it's not like he's a Mark Jackson with no credentials.

My bad then, been a long day.

I'll answer your question with a list of coaches who weren't exactly legendary or great players when they played. Great players and legends really don't make for great coaches. There's a mindset that people think that a great player will make a great coach. They really don't and it ends in disaster, case in point, Zeke. One of the best PGs in the game but never transitioned that to his coaching or GM'ing.

Phil Jackson was a sub most of his career, Riley was a bench player as well, Daly never played the game, Rivers wasn't anything special (Except one All-Star game), Popovich didn't even play on a professional level at all, and Larry Brown didn't even play in the NBA because he was considered too small.

There are some exceptions yes, but the most successful coaches weren't special or players you'd be dying to have in your starting 5.

DetroitPiston
02-26-2011, 01:38 AM
sure. but laimbeer has shown himself a good coach (wnba 3 titles in 4 years?) and personnel manager. look how effective he was himself as a player though smarts, hardwork and the occasional underhanded move/comment. dude would be solid IMO. and just what this team needs.

I would love to see Laimbeer as head coach, but as someone who watched a player that got him into his favorite soccer team turn out as a bad coach for another team, it makes me wary.

I want a coach to be hired on his CV, not out of sentimentality.

InspiredLebowski
02-26-2011, 01:42 AM
My bad then, been a long day.

I'll answer your question with a list of coaches who weren't exactly legendary or great players when they played. Great players and legends really don't make for great coaches. There's a mindset that people think that a great player will make a great coach. They really don't and it ends in disaster, case in point, Zeke. One of the best PGs in the game but never transitioned that to his coaching or GM'ing.

Phil Jackson was a sub most of his career, Riley was a bench player as well, Daly never played the game, Rivers wasn't anything special (Except one All-Star game), Popovich didn't even play on a professional level at all, and Larry Brown didn't even play in the NBA because he was considered too small.

There are some exceptions yes, but the most successful coaches weren't special or players you'd be dying to have in your starting 5.Good as Laimbeer was, he's not on the level of those guys. Detroit legend sure, but he's not an all time great. Zeke was a complete failure, Bird did well but had 2 world class assistants doing the heavy lifting, Laimbeer's obviously not on their level. Nothing about Laimbeer's playing style tells me he's got some massive ego where he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Besides, he's already been a successful coach. I'm not saying it's a certainty that Laimbeer'd be great, but I very much think he'd be above average and like I said the Pistons really need something to get the fans riled up.

ronnymac
02-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Well Wallace who is a amazing pro was even laughing infact it was his joke that got the bench laughing

Soundwave
02-26-2011, 02:15 AM
McGrady really is a gutless goof.

ronnymac
02-26-2011, 02:18 AM
Werent Stuckey and Wallace laughing as well. Infact Wallace is the one who cracked the joke that started this.

alenleomessi
02-26-2011, 02:53 AM
Trade everyone except Monroe and Jerebko

Naruto-sama
02-26-2011, 02:55 AM
Werent Stuckey and Wallace laughing as well. Infact Wallace is the one who cracked the joke that started this.

Itt loooked like TMAC to me

gts
02-26-2011, 03:00 AM
ChrisMannixSI: Not sure what T-Mac's beef w/Kuester. Kue helped him restore rep, made him a starter, a point guard. Hell of thank you.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

idunkonnate
02-26-2011, 03:22 AM
wow... buy out hamilton, tmac and ben wallace.

even if they get a new coach, nobody would want to coach those dbags

AirTupac
02-26-2011, 03:28 AM
John Kuester is an idiot but they should be a little more mature even though they have an idiot as a coach. Trust me, i know how pissed off you can get at a moron of a coach but i never resorted to childs play.

magmo68
02-26-2011, 03:46 AM
hahahaha

B-Easy8
02-26-2011, 04:58 AM
Trade everyone except Monroe and Jerebko

I agree. The other players are bad and have a terrible attitude and as they made no deals, im sure other teams are aware of it and don't want that rubbish.

Chicago Brawls
02-26-2011, 05:28 AM
And this is why we don't want guys in Chicago like Ben Wallace and Tracy Macgrady.

kidachi
02-26-2011, 05:33 AM
oh boy.. what a sad time to be a pistons fan.. this mediocrity all started when the traded Chauncey away.. :ohwell:

opps
02-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Remember when they were the definition of "team?" Won a title with no superstar, all that. Always hated them, but were easy to respect and admire.

Times change I guess.

Crazy.

ZenMaster
02-26-2011, 07:48 AM
This must have something to do what happened with Hamilton one way or another.

Something happened that hasn't gotten out, if Kuester/management was a dick like Wallace insinuated I'm all for players standing together in protest.

Nick Young
02-26-2011, 07:51 AM
mcgrady finally gets his shit together on the court and now is tearing his team apart off it...good job f*ck nuts that's why you will always be a first round virgin

kidachi
02-26-2011, 08:01 AM
mcgrady finally gets his shit together on the court and now is tearing his team apart off it...good job f*ck nuts that's why you will always be a first round virgin

2nd round.

and what do we know about their issues? what do we REALLY know... to talk like that?

maybe Kuester is really an A-Hole

L.Kizzle
02-26-2011, 08:05 AM
I don't get it, cause they're millionaires they can't voice there opinions? We don't know what's goin on behind closed doors.

Protest were common decades ago, but in this day in age with everything being so politically correct, they are terrible human beings now.

d.bball.guy
02-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Maybe somebody said something funny about him/him getting ejected. Or maybe a protest to get him fired. It's a shame not respecting your coach. If you want him to get fired, never shoot the ball/score and always pass it until the time runs out.

coin24
02-26-2011, 08:31 AM
I don't get it, cause they're millionaires they can't voice there opinions? We don't know what's goin on behind closed doors.

Protest were common decades ago, but in this day in age with everything being so politically correct, they are terrible human beings now.

This.. Seems the more pc things become the dumber people get..
Taking gestures and words out of proportion it's getting ridiculous now..
The pistons are in complete shambles right now and obviously there's a lot going on behind the scenes.. The way the teams been put together last few years is pathetic and there coaching choices have been pretty iffy at best..

According to the haters AI ruined the pistons, where are those morons now:lol

icemanfan
02-26-2011, 08:38 AM
2nd round.

and what do we know about their issues? what do we REALLY know... to talk like that?

maybe Kuester is really an A-Hole
THIS! We have no idea what is fueling this. Most of these guys have a track record of being there for their teams. This is a giant mess. Truly ****ed up situation and it is blatantly obvious this guy could not coach a YMCA team. Dumars should have already stepped down. They knew what a train wreck they had and instead of getting rid of a POS coach they did nothing. Time to reap the rewards of doing nothing.

dbugz
02-26-2011, 09:11 AM
The Detroit Pistons is a fckn joke :oldlol:

And wtf is wrong with T-mac smiling at laughing at the bench after his coach got ejected? I know there's a problem with their coach but dude show at least some maturity and professionalism. You ain't a rookie anymore :facepalm

2LeTTeRS
02-26-2011, 09:30 AM

Completely agree with this. If I could rep you I would.

Da KO King
02-26-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm all for voicing your displeasure with your work situation but I have zero respect for these guys. They skipped the shootaround and not the game because they don't want to lose the game check. If you want to take a stand on principle be a man and do it all the way. Don't half-ass it.

It is also hard to take serious when all the players in question are marginal rotation players who should actually be on their best behavior.

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-26-2011, 10:25 AM

Yea they can't make any moves unless it cuts salary. It's really a bad situation for everyone involved with that organization. I feel especially bad for the fans. Pistons fans are used to their team being playoff/championship bound and these recent years have been major disappointments.

kkling
02-26-2011, 10:34 AM
People expect maturity from guys who make millions of dollars playing a game, and choose to skip out on practice? :oldlol:

mlh1981
02-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm not suprised to see Tracy McGrady involved in this, but Ben Wallace? That's kind a shocker.

Scholar
02-26-2011, 11:38 AM
It's not about how much money they make. I don't care if it's a bunch of millionaire ballers who refuse to cooperate with their organization because they feel mistreated. Hell, I and a bunch of my co-workers feel like we deserve more respect at our minimum wage job but you don't see us protesting by sitting around and laughing at our manager having to do everything. :confusedshrug:
Okay, I know it's not the same situation since we could get fired and never find a job again due to poor job performance while these millionaire NBA players can still find work with other teams, but the point is still the same.
If you've got problems within the organization, handle them where it's appropriate. Don't bring the drama to light in front the fans who pay to see you play. You might not respect your coach, but you better respect your damn fan base.

ronron15
02-26-2011, 11:44 AM
One thing to say and it's very true no matter what....

This protest is done by many players. Not one or two. There's got to be a reason for everything.

If you're not with the team everyday seeing what the coach do to the players, you can not really say much!!

ronron15
02-26-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm not suprised to see Tracy McGrady involved in this, but Ben Wallace? That's kind a shocker.

Maybe there's a good reason for it!?????
We don't really know what's really happening with what the coach did yet.....

DetroitPiston
02-26-2011, 12:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlzbHJtxdA5Pt90DKaDB6.e8vLYF?slug=aw-hamiltonpistons022611

Of all the people who have been acting the most professional, it's Greg Monroe. 20 years old, a rookie, and he's been relatively quiet throughout this whole thing. He's the exact type of player Dumars loves and that gets respect in Detroit.

boozehound
02-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Maybe there's a good reason for it!?????
We don't really know what's really happening with what the coach did yet.....
nope. there is no reason good enough for this. they should have handled it differently than an underhanded "skipday". These are grown ass men and, more importantly, pro ballers.

DGARAS
02-26-2011, 01:03 PM
truth: most pro basketball players are children still. just hear the way they speak in interviews and the way they carry themselves.

boozehound
02-26-2011, 01:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlzbHJtxdA5Pt90DKaDB6.e8vLYF?slug=aw-hamiltonpistons022611

Of all the people who have been acting the most professional, it's Greg Monroe. 20 years old, a rookie, and he's been relatively quiet throughout this whole thing. He's the exact type of player Dumars loves and that gets respect in Detroit.
reading that makes me wish they would just send him home from the team. Make it clear that he is not welcome to be a part of this team with that attitude. he can go **** himself.

kentatm
02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
lol

from his wiki

isnt he the dude everyone used to call "white guy" that was really coaching the Cavs?

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii76/H3AT23/LeBrongif.gif

boozehound
02-26-2011, 01:11 PM
isnt he the dude everyone used to call "white guy" that was really coaching the Cavs?

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii76/H3AT23/LeBrongif.gif
yep. he has not been great, but really, hamilton deserved his benching based on both his in game performance as well as his various practice court antics. Not sure why they let him hang around and influence the other players still.

kentatm
02-26-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm not even sure what Rip has to complain about at this point. They had a trade ready to go but he wouldn't take a buyout. Sorry Rip, but you had your chance to leave and refused to take it. Thats fine he wanted his full paycheck but then to turn around and pull this right after he had the chance to leave?

weak sauce.

same goes for TMac. The dude had a crazy time getting picked up this year partly b/c he was viewed as being a locker room problem. Dude was slowly rehabbing his image and he pulls a mutiny? Good luck getting on with a contender next year Tracy.

What I find really funny is one of the reasons Detroit claims they didn't move Prince to Dallas was for his leadership. Well... He just tossed that back into Dumars face. Good luck pulling off a sign and trade taht gets you more than the few picks and expiring contract Dallas was offering now.

L.Kizzle
02-26-2011, 02:12 PM

He's a young rookie I wouldn't expect him to protest with the other vets.

konex
02-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Pistons are some coach-killers. Carlisle, Brown, Saunders, Curry and now Kuester. That's 5 coaches in less than 10 years

kentatm
02-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Pistons are some coach-killers. Carlisle, Brown, Saunders, Curry and now Kuester. That's 5 coaches in less than 10 years

i dont think you can blame Brown on them.

he is well known for getting tired of his surroundings quickly.

do you not remember him getting busted negotiating with other teams while coaching the Pistons DURING the playoffs?

KempSonics
02-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Brown was talking to the Cavs while the Pistons were in the finals against the Spurs. :facepalm

PoohRose
02-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Deeeeeeeetttttttrrrrroooooiiiiittttt Bbbbaaaassskeeetttballll!!!!!:lol

Harrison_Barnes
02-26-2011, 03:02 PM

Whaat if TMAC taalkkedd lliikkee thiiss anndd theey weeree jusst lauugghiing aat hhimm?

DeuceWallaces
02-26-2011, 03:15 PM
yeah, Im a little surprised that ben was involved. IMO it looks bad for everyone, but particularly the players. Glad Q and his assistants stuck with their guns and didnt play any of them. they should be embarrassed, especially prince and wallace. Very interested in how this will playout. Im just glad maxiell got some time!

Really? You're surprised that the guy who pushed out 2-3 coaches was involved? The guy is a prick and its been known for quite sometime.

Anyways, it still amazes me that dipshits sit here and attack them for making no trades the past two years when Joe D's hands are tied cos of the sale. How hard of a concept is that to get across to people.

Reverend Hoops
02-26-2011, 03:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/SportsKnowledge/t-mac_h_GIFSoupcom.gif

kentatm
02-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Really? You're surprised that the guy who pushed out 2-3 coaches was involved? The guy is a prick and its been known for quite sometime.

Anyways, it still amazes me that dipshits sit here and attack them for making no trades the past two years when Joe D's hands are tied cos of the sale. How hard of a concept is that to get across to people.

They could have moved Prince to Dallas for an expiring deal in Butler and picks and didn't do it.

They said it was b/c of his leadership and the chance to sign and trade him this summer. (which could have also been done with Butler)

How is that leadership thing working out?

dd24
02-26-2011, 04:53 PM
It's gross to read how people think what the players did was wrong. Has anybody in this thread even followed the Pistons this year? When a coach isn't able to get along with all his players there's certainly an issue. That has been the case all season long. Why in the world can't everybody see that Kuester can't even get along with Tayshaun Prince of all people? I don't care how much money these guys make. They have the right to be treated fairly in their workplace. Do you know what would have happened if they didn't do this? Everybody would just end up leaving and Detroit would be in a worse situation. Imagine this roster without Prince and Stuckey...... What FA in the world would want to come to an organization with a coach like Kuester?! The Pistons wouldn't have been able to sign any FA's if something like this didn't happen.

The fact of the matter is Joe D shouldn't have hired him in the first place. I've been saying this all along. There were good coaches available. When there's good coaches available and willing to negotiate and you don't want to that speaks volumes to me. Joe D knew this is a roster that wasn't going to win and hired a nobody. While he's done pretty good with the draft he's done a terrible job hiring coaches. The last good one we had was Carlisle..... even Larry Brown wasn't that good. I'm so glad this happened because it will mean Kuester will finally be gone. He's one of the worst head coaches I've ever seen in the NBA. Let him be an assistant somewhere, he's definitely not a head coach in this league. When he's finally gone it will be very interesting who they hire. Walker will be the interim guy but next season if they hire someone who sucks again that will show you exactly where they think the team is at......

nightprowler10
02-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Are there any Bulls fans still complaining that we didn't sign T-Mac?

dd24
02-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Are there any Bulls fans still complaining that we didn't sign T-Mac?

There should be. To miss out on a good player who has proven he can still play and at the league minimum when the Bulls have really struggled at the position would definitely be something to complain about.

Go Getter
02-26-2011, 05:14 PM
There should be. To miss out on a good player who has proven he can still play and at the league minimum when the Bulls have really struggled at the position would definitely be something to complain about.
He's not worth the price or risk because of his age and history. And if the Pistons didn't have a glut of wings and he had to play more minutes who knows how his knees would react to heavy minutes.

dd24
02-26-2011, 05:24 PM
He's not worth the price or risk because of his age and history. And if the Pistons didn't have a glut of wings and he had to play more minutes who knows how his knees would react to heavy minutes.

I don't think he can play major minutes anymore either. But 25 a game is fine and the price is a good one. Who else making the vets minimum has been more productive than McGrady? There might be someone out there but it would be a very short list. There isn't much risk involved with signing a guy to the vets minimum.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
02-26-2011, 05:27 PM
I would just release Tmac. **** him. He's over the hill. He obviously still has an ego like he is a superstar. What a punk.

nightprowler10
02-26-2011, 05:35 PM

Sigh...the point is that regardless of the talent, the guy obviously ****s up team chemistry.

boozehound
02-26-2011, 05:44 PM
from the espn story on rip declining the trade

Ben Wallace has a brother who is gravely ill and has been emotionally distraught for several days.

sure looks it yucking it up on the bench

WhyUMadTho?
02-26-2011, 05:52 PM
I would just release Tmac. **** him. He's over the hill. He obviously still has an ego like he is a superstar. What a punk.
SOMEBODYS MAD...

But really, have you not skimmed through the whole thread? Like i dont get it. Do that and then talk.

ChiCity
02-26-2011, 08:13 PM
i still to this day wonder why kuester has a job

Shepseskaf
02-26-2011, 08:17 PM
I guess "the white guy" wasn't the right guy for the job.

The curse of Cleveland continues....

UtahJazzFan88
02-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Tracy McGrady, Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton are out tonight. Ben Wallace apparently has a death in the family so he won't play.

DetroitPiston
02-27-2011, 12:01 PM
lol

from his wiki

He was an assistant with Larry Brown during his stint at the Pistons and he apparently had the respect of the players at the time so the logic was hire this guy because of it.

Sadly it's not working out but these guys have been problematic as far back as Saunders coaching days.*

*: I had a lot of hope for Saunders, but oh well. Really liked the guy too.

LA_Showtime
02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
They should just bench whoever boycotted the game for the rest of the season. That stuff just can't be tolerated, and is a terrible message to the young fans of the NBA.

RoTM
02-27-2011, 03:08 PM
They can't suspend these dudes for stuff like this? Like the skins did with Albert Haynesworth.