PDA

View Full Version : Why do people believe Kyrie Irving is the next Chris Paul or something?

PleezeBelieve
02-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Does anyone out here know basketball?

Tell me why this guy is the next Chris Paul because I don't see it...

kaiiu
02-26-2011, 05:09 PM
he a beast doe like. IDK about no chris paul, i wouldnt want him to be like him either:lol

Sarcastic
02-26-2011, 05:14 PM
I prefer Josh Selby.

PleezeBelieve
02-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Cavs boards across the net swear this guy is Jesus in a Duke jersey. I've never seen anything like this where a guy is lavished with so much praise by not playing.

kaiiu
02-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Cavs boards across the net swear this guy is Jesus in a Duke jersey. I've never seen anything like this where a guy is lavished with so much praise by not playing.
I want Terrence Jones so he can posterize Lebrick:lol

GOBB
02-26-2011, 05:26 PM

Just like you didnt see the hype behind Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, John Wall to mention a few.

:rolleyes:

PleezeBelieve
02-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Just like you didnt see the hype behind Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, John Wall to mention a few.

:rolleyes:
I was s fan of Rose.

jbryan1984
02-26-2011, 05:49 PM
I don't know about being Chris Paul but he is looking like the best choice in the draft and if the Cavs get the number 1 pick, I would be happy to have him. You really never know what is going to happen in the draft, its a gamble. You could draft Kwame Brown number 1 and you could draft Manu Ginobili number 57.

Draz
02-26-2011, 06:01 PM
he a beast doe like. IDK about no chris paul, i wouldnt want him to be like him either:lol

Bro your pissing me off. Your more annoying then Ashbelly.

GOBB
02-26-2011, 06:01 PM
I was s fan of Rose.

:roll: No you wasnt. You made the same exact thread about Rose as you did with Wall and now Irving.

"Rose is the best PG prospect since Jason Kidd? Chris Paul? Wtf? Hype much."

Then you nitpicked the hell out of his game in college.

PleezeBelieve
02-26-2011, 06:07 PM
See the thing is, Brandon Knight and Fredette project equal grades to this guy.

And to be honest, Knight has an higher upside over Irving, and Fredette is a difference maker and big shot taker.

KB2clutch
02-26-2011, 06:27 PM
irving looks pretty good from the limited games ive seen of him but fredette and knight are both much better

iDunk
02-26-2011, 06:29 PM
One guy that's going to surprise you is Jonas Valenciunas.

KingBeasley08
02-26-2011, 07:13 PM
dawg u needa post on this account rather than the ashbelly one

much more entertaining :oldlol:

demons2005
02-26-2011, 07:29 PM
this thread is completely stupid. if he were compared to Rose or Williams i'd say "woah woah slow down". But CP averages 15/9 last time I saw. Irving's also more of a winner I wouldnt be surprise if he wins the NCAA title

Burgz
02-27-2011, 12:02 AM
I prefer Josh Selby.

:facepalm

noob cake
02-27-2011, 12:07 AM
this thread is completely stupid. if he were compared to Rose or Williams i'd say "woah woah slow down". But CP averages 15/9 last time I saw. Irving's also more of a winner I wouldnt be surprise if he wins the NCAA title

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

CP3 is bad now because he averages 15/9?

Harrison_Barnes
02-27-2011, 01:04 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

CP3 is bad now because he averages 15/9?

Hahah its funny how many people underrate CP3 because hes averaging 15/9.. :lol

DStebb716
02-27-2011, 01:41 AM
I think Kyrie Irving is the next SOLID PG, but I don't think he'll be Chris Paul level. I think he'll be more Tony Parker. Which isn't bad at all.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-27-2011, 01:54 AM
He is more of a 6'2 Mike Conley Jr if you ask me.

Not an elite play-maker like CP3 Or Isiah.

I dont even know why the Cavs want to go after him, they already have Ramon and Boobie, they need a player like Perry Jones who has superstar potential and is a player you will want to build a team around

kaiiu
02-27-2011, 01:59 AM
He is more of a 6'2 Mike Conley Jr if you ask me.

Not an elite play-maker like CP3 Or Isiah.

I dont even know why the Cavs want to go after him, they already have Ramon and Boobie, they need a player like Perry Jones who has superstar potential and is a player you will want to build a team around
Terrence Jones for me brah:rockon:

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-27-2011, 02:02 AM
Terrence Jones for me brah:rockon:

ROFL

Good Luck with that.

Perry Jones is 6'11 T-Mac in the making while Terrence will turn out to be Lamar Odom

kaiiu
02-27-2011, 02:03 AM
ROFL

Good Luck with that.

Perry Jones is 6'11 T-Mac in the making while Terrence will turn out to be Lamar Odom
we can get both:lol :oldlol:

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-27-2011, 02:07 AM
we can get both:lol :oldlol:
true that :oldlol: :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
02-27-2011, 02:25 AM

I assume this is directed toward me, since I am the main proponent for the Cavaliers taking Irving in the draft. I like his overall game and his defense is far ahead of almost any point guard I have seen at his age. Unlike the other top prospects, I don't see any real weaknesses in his game and I do think that, if he continues to work and improve, we could be looking at an all-star caliber player... Something this draft seems to be lacking (surefire stars).

Is it automatic and without question that he will be the best player in the draft? Of course not. Do I believe that he is the player most likely to become a perennial all-star in this draft? Yes.

Let's face it, PB... Your pre-draft critiques haven't exactly been full-proof over the years. You were pretty much adamant that Durant was going to be nothing special.

While John Wall is a work in progress, I think he has already exceeded the absolute bust status that you had penned for him.

I trust my ability to evaluate players and Irving is solid.

My ideal situation would be us getting Irving and either Perry Jones or Terrence Jones. If we get one of those two combinations, it will be an exceptional draft in my eyes. However, the Clipps are going to have to start losing a little more frequently to make it happen.

PG: Ivring/Sessions
SG: Eyenga/Harris
SF: Perry Jones or Terrance Jones
PF: JJ Hickson/Luke Harangody
C: Anderson Varejao/Semih Erden

...that is a nice young group of players. Maybe Eyenga could make a transition to the 2 spot. If so, that is a lot of talent with a very high ceiling if things gell well. Also, although this lineup lacks shooting, we'll have Gibson to plug in when we need that floor spacing... And maybe AP if he is back (which I doubt).

JJ has looked pretty good at the center spot this year... He and Varejao could be pretty interchangeable at the 4/5 spots.... And Harangody/Erden each have a good amount of upside, from what I've been reading. I'm anxious to see what they have when they finally take the court in Cleveland.

Fatal9
11-10-2011, 10:40 AM
interasting.

chips93
11-10-2011, 11:17 AM
i think terry porter will be the player he most resembles, a really solid, all-around floor general, who lacks elite passing/playmakng instincts. a little less jump shooter and a little more attacing the rim though.

also perry jones is not a perimeter player, hes a big man.

PleezeBelieve
11-10-2011, 11:43 AM
interasting.
He has more explosive and length than I expected, and frankly, displayed at the college level. I think the guy grew over the past year.

But he's definitely more of a scorer than playmaker, though. But when you shoot as well as this hit does, go with it. I see a lot of Kevin Johnson in his game, IMO.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 11:46 AM
i think terry porter will be the player he most resembles, a really solid, all-around floor general, who lacks elite passing/playmakng instincts. a little less jump shooter and a little more attacing the rim though.

also perry jones is not a perimeter player, hes a big man.

Eric Bledsoe>Kyrie Irving :D :cheers: .

chips93
11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Eric Bledsoe>Kyrie Irving :D :cheers: .

yeah . . . in a dunk contest . . .

irving dribled through cp3's legs bro! hes destined for greatness :lol has bledsoe ever dribbled through cp3's legs? i dont think so! therefore irving > bledsoe :lol

srsly tho, irving looked healthy and confident, good signs.

hopefully our bet actually happens :cheers:

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 11:53 AM
yeah . . . in a dunk contest . . .

irving dribled through cp3's legs bro! hes destined for greatness :lol has bledsoe ever dribbled through cp3's legs? i dont think so! therefore irving > bledsoe :lol

srsly tho, irving looked healthy and confident, good signs.

hopefully our bet actually happens :cheers:

I hope he does pan out. Cleveland needs a little luck right now for sure.

Fatal9
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
He has more explosive and length than I expected, and frankly, displayed at the college level. I think the guy grew over the past year.

But he's definitely more of a scorer than playmaker, though. But when you shoot as well as this hit does, go with it. I see a lot of Kevin Johnson in his game, IMO.
I only watched like 3-4 games at the start of his season with Duke and it's eerie how much he played like Paul (didn't watch after he came back from injury...kind of lose interest in ncaa as the year goes on). I think he's a better playmaker than he's usually given credit for too, maybe not Paul level, but he manages the floor/offense with the maturity of CP3 (amazing to see out of 19 year old). If he stays healthy, he's gonna be a PG legend...I've been that high on him. CP3 clone but more blessed physically. Still long way to go to reach that level, the skills are there though.

Real Men Wear Green
11-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Certainly not you. This is a great bump, I should sticky this shit with you stanning Irving the way that you used to stan James.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 12:41 PM
easily a future superstar. Elite handles and Jumper. Good passer and decent hops. Has good size at 6'3.

Kauii why did you pick the name yellowmelo?

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I made this account in June and I needed a name. I fvcks wit Melo and im a lightskinned ni99a

Oh okay.

pauk
11-10-2011, 01:56 PM
about same size
pointguards
both are black

:cheers:

PleezeBelieve
11-10-2011, 02:25 PM
I made this account in June and I needed a name. I fvcks wit Melo and im a lightskinned ni99a
lol

senelcoolidge
11-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't see another Chris Paul in Irving. Irving will probably not even be the best player from a very weak 2011 draft. But he should be a good player. He's not as athletic as a Rose or Wall, but he has a jump shot. He's not a fast guard and has shown to be injury prone. He's still healing from that foot injury. I think he will be a good point guard..at his best he may make an All Star game. But he should be solid (not a star). He may escape the Duke guard curse..let's see.

1987_Lakers
12-13-2011, 07:11 PM
lol

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242964

Eric Cartman
12-13-2011, 07:15 PM
I assume this is directed toward me, since I am the main proponent for the Cavaliers taking Irving in the draft. I like his overall game and his defense is far ahead of almost any point guard I have seen at his age. Unlike the other top prospects, I don't see any real weaknesses in his game and I do think that, if he continues to work and improve, we could be looking at an all-star caliber player... Something this draft seems to be lacking (surefire stars).

Is it automatic and without question that he will be the best player in the draft? Of course not. Do I believe that he is the player most likely to become a perennial all-star in this draft? Yes.

Let's face it, PB... Your pre-draft critiques haven't exactly been full-proof over the years. You were pretty much adamant that Durant was going to be nothing special.

While John Wall is a work in progress, I think he has already exceeded the absolute bust status that you had penned for him.

I trust my ability to evaluate players and Irving is solid.

My ideal situation would be us getting Irving and either Perry Jones or Terrence Jones. If we get one of those two combinations, it will be an exceptional draft in my eyes. However, the Clipps are going to have to start losing a little more frequently to make it happen.

PG: Ivring/Sessions
SG: Eyenga/Harris
SF: Perry Jones or Terrance Jones
PF: JJ Hickson/Luke Harangody
C: Anderson Varejao/Semih Erden

...that is a nice young group of players. Maybe Eyenga could make a transition to the 2 spot. If so, that is a lot of talent with a very high ceiling if things gell well. Also, although this lineup lacks shooting, we'll have Gibson to plug in when we need that floor spacing... And maybe AP if he is back (which I doubt).

JJ has looked pretty good at the center spot this year... He and Varejao could be pretty interchangeable at the 4/5 spots.... And Harangody/Erden each have a good amount of upside, from what I've been reading. I'm anxious to see what they have when they finally take the court in Cleveland.

To bad they traded JJ.

Nick Young
12-13-2011, 07:16 PM
he's the next future leaver of cleveland, 3 good years then he's done and cavs fans are going to start burning his jersey and writing whiney estrogen filled rants on message boards about him:lol

Grinder
01-17-2012, 12:46 PM
See the thing is, Brandon Knight and Fredette project equal grades to this guy.

And to be honest, Knight has an higher upside over Irving, and Fredette is a difference maker and big shot taker.

Your basketball analysis is as bad as your music...if that's possible.

Andrei89
01-17-2012, 02:03 PM
:lol :lol

noob cake
01-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Your basketball analysis is as bad as your music...if that's possible.

To be fair, PB has seen the errors of his ways and has jumped on the bandwagon while the haters population is still sizable.

senelcoolidge
01-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Irving seems like a point guard that looks for his own shot first. Unlike excellent point guards like Paul that get the team involved. Paul plays unselfishly and makes his teammates better. Irving is just looking for his shot kind of like Jameer Nelson and other shoot first point guards.

FatComputerNerd
01-17-2012, 06:27 PM
I believe Kyrie Irving is already the best PG in the league, some people just don't know it yet. He will win ROY, and will be an all-star by next year for sure.

PleezeBelieve
01-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Irving seems like a point guard that looks for his own shot first. Unlike excellent point guards like Paul that get the team involved. Paul plays unselfishly and makes his teammates better. Irving is just looking for his shot kind of like Jameer Nelson and other shoot first point guards.
Riiiight...

Meticode
01-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I think this is partly because this is what the team demands of him. Who else is going to score besides garbage shot Jamison? They need Irving to score to be competitive. I don't think he'll be as good as Chris Paul when it comes to making decisions or running an offense, but I do think he can excel at it if scoring isn't his first job to do.

PP34Deuce
01-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Ive seen 2-3 games and I think he's the perfect combo guard. Can pass enough to be a PG but can slide to SG depending on match ups. Truth be told he reminds me of Chauncey Billups.

Billups used to be deceptively athletic, tough in the clutch and a guy who could moonlight at PG-SG at high level.

Comparing him to younger Chauncey Billups is extremely fair and genuine.

I.R.Beast
01-17-2012, 08:10 PM

Are you blind?.....Slick handles, the PnR oriented game?...He even makes the sames types of Decisions out of the PnR... wide open J if you go under, one dribble pull up or easy layup if you go over. very similar.