PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Heat "elite"?

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 01:15 PM
And why are they weekly on top of everyones power rankings?

14-15 against teams over .500.
29-2 against teams under .500.

5-11 in games decided by 5 points.
2-8 record against the "elite" teams.

Fakest team in the NBA. I don't understand why anyone (sportswriters, forums, and just random fans) would rank them as a top three or four team.

Heat007
02-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Alot of those losses were during the first 17 games of the season when they were just figuring each other out. And some losses were when one of the big 3 were out hurt.

Since those first 17 games when the Big 3 are healthy, the Heat are 31-5 overall and 9-4 against .500+ teams.

The Heat have the 2nd best defense in the league and have the best FG% against at 42.6. You go places when you can play Defense. And we all know they have the players who can score.

MayCeltics
02-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Because they have 2 of top 3 players in the world. The problem is they are redundant both need the ball to effective. They overlap.

Bigsmoke
02-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Their record is 43-17?
They are the best defensive team in the league?
score 102ppg on nearly 48% shooting?
They have the best player in the NBA?

dont forget that they played a lot of those games while they were trying to figure out their roster.

hell. why are we an Elite team when we're only 14-13 on the road?

NBASTATMAN
02-28-2011, 01:26 PM

Fakest team in the NBA. I don't understand why anyone (sportswriters, forums, and just random fans) would rank them as a top three or four team.

They are a Second tier team.. Chicago and Boston in the east and Lakers and Spurs in the west.. The Mavs are not convincing me till they get to the finals.. :D ..

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Their record is 43-17?

dont forget that he played a lot of those games while they are trying to figure out their roster.

Their record is 43-17? - 29 of those 42 wins came against shit teams.
They are the best defensive team in the league? - Yeah, they dominate sh*t teams.
score 102ppg on nearly 48% shooting? - Apparently that doesn't help in the "clutch" or against +.500 teams.
They have the best player in the NBA? - Talent =/= elite.

Kingwillball
02-28-2011, 01:29 PM
HEat still have a solid record and even if they won half of those games where they lost in the last minutes they would have top record in conf and pushing for record in NBA. With that said to be a great team U have to beat the other good teams..

NBASTATMAN
02-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Their record is 43-17?

dont forget that he played a lot of those games while they are trying to figure out their roster.

Hmm.. Well you are the second best team in the East only cuz you have a very nice front line.. They can score,rebound and defend... Your pt guard is one of the best players and you could use Korver as your two guard if you guys wanted to.. This Bulls are full of quality role players.. Miami is full of crab dribbles and too many guys that would be lucky to get minutes or a spot on the other quality teams..

Miami is also weak at what I believe are the two most important positions.. You don't need superstars at the Pg or Center position but they have to be able to play compete.. Not sure if the heat's pg or center can compete... Mike Bibby will give them better shooting...

Imagine the Bulls record if both Noah and Boozer were healthy all season..

Rose
02-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Because Heat and Elite rhyme.

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 01:35 PM
OK and for that "great defense" point, here's what they give up against "elite" teams (San Antonio, Dallas, Chicago, Boston etc..)

=
giving up 97 PPG against "elite" teams.

while putting up

=
92 PPG of offense against elite teams with "two of the best players in the game"

You don't face Timberwolves/Wizards/Cavs come playoff time. And those are the kind of teams that inflate their stats. They are awful against good teams.

Sorry if I'm underwhelmed.

Hulk Hogan
02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Alot of those losses were during the first 17 games of the season when they were just figuring each other out. And some losses were when one of the big 3 were out hurt.

Since those first 17 games when the Big 3 are healthy, the Heat are 31-5 overall and 9-4 against .500+ teams.

The Heat have the 2nd best defense in the league and have the best FG% against at 42.6. You go places when you can play Defense. And we all know they have the players who can score.

But what are they with less than 10 seconds... :oldlol:

Bigsmoke
02-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Their record is 43-17? - 29 of those 42 wins came against shit teams.
They are the best defensive team in the league? - Yeah, they dominate sh*t teams.
score 102ppg on nearly 48% shooting? - Apparently that doesn't help in the "clutch" or against +.500 teams.
They have the best player in the NBA? - Talent =/= elite.

The Miami Heat were 1-9 against top teams in 2006. "Mavs, Spurs, and Pistons, and Suns" :eek:

Rose
02-28-2011, 01:38 PM
The Miami Heat were 1-9 against top teams in 2006. "Mavs, Spurs, and Pistons, and Suns" :eek:
Yeah because Shaq, Posey, White Chocolate, and Zo are still there.:rolleyes:

PLUS the only good team in the east back then was the Pistons.

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Weaker conference and better Heat team.

All Net
02-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Think most can agree the bulls are a better team than the heat right now. Is that what you wanted to hear?

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Think most can agree the bulls are a better team than the heat right now. Is that what you wanted to hear?
Nope. I want to understand the sport wide denial. Seriously, search any sports website that ranks teams. Miami is consistently top 3. It baffles me.

I know Chicago is better than Miami. Every metric that matters proves it.

Hulk Hogan
02-28-2011, 01:43 PM

I don't think the refs will gift the championship to miami like they did in 06.
Unless ofcourse if stern interferes.

Javat_90
02-28-2011, 01:43 PM
What do rankings or media/public perception matter? Nothing. All that matters is holding the trophy in June.

Personally, as of now, I see Boston and Chicago with more chances of doing that.

kaiiu
02-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Because they have 2 top 5 players in Lebrick and Wade. Honestly as a whole team, the Celtics, Bulls and Knicks are all better

cteach111
02-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Because they have 2 top 5 players in Lebrick and Wade. Honestly as a whole team, the Celtics, Bulls and Knicks are all better

hold up on the Knicks now. They had an impressive victory, but give them some time first.

Koop1
02-28-2011, 01:58 PM

Lol the Heat would win a series in 5 with the bulls loool you serious

anyone who states otherwise come playoff time, kill yourself

Bulls are the biggest pretenders in the league atm

Javat_90
02-28-2011, 02:04 PM

Just like it happened in the Regular Season huh?

:lol :lol

kaiiu
02-28-2011, 02:06 PM
hold up on the Knicks now. They had an impressive victory, but give them some time first.
Im talking just as an all around team. Miami is the only "contender" who have no one besides the 3 players who can step up while the other team has other players who can step up on a given night. U see yesterday the Knicks had Bill Walker and Shawn williams step up not to mention they have Landry Fields

Koop1
02-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Just like it happened in the Regular Season huh?

:lol :lol

Ok, loool
insidehoops will be ready to eat their words come playoff time when Chicago is on the brink of elimination, and Miami is cruising

short term memory or what

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

hkfosho
02-28-2011, 02:18 PM

I thought it was already known the bulls are better than the heat. We are now questioing if the heat should be even categorized in the elite group of teams.

crisoner
02-28-2011, 02:21 PM

lol

But to answer the OP's question...they are. Bron and Wade could beat any team on any given day.

cteach111
02-28-2011, 02:25 PM
I thought it was already known the bulls are better than the heat. We are now questioing if the heat should be even categorized in the elite group of teams.

Miami will always be elite as long as they have Lebron/Wade/Bosh on the roster. It's more about what they can be than what they are.

Do they deserve to be called elite? It's hard to say no because.. well.. they have Bron/Wade/Bosh on the roster.

Heat007
02-28-2011, 02:28 PM

A "healthy" Heat team beats a healthy bulls team in 5 or 6.

no question about it.

The Heat match up defensively with the bulls as both teams are top 3 in defense. But the Bulls don't have the offensive firepower to beat the heat in a series.

kaiiu
02-28-2011, 02:30 PM
A "healthy" Heat team beats a healthy bulls team in 5 or 6.

no question about it.

The Heat match up defensively with the bulls. But the Bulls don't have the offensive firepower to beat the heat in a series.

I disagree. They have a PG who can average 25 ppg in a series. A 20/10 guy, a 18/7 guy. A Center who can dominate on the offensive boards. A bench player who can get hot and average over 10 ppg.

oldschool4ever
02-28-2011, 02:34 PM
OK and for that "great defense" point, here's what they give up against "elite" teams (San Antonio, Dallas, Chicago, Boston etc..)

=
giving up 97 PPG against "elite" teams.

while putting up

=
92 PPG of offense against elite teams with "two of the best players in the game"

You don't face Timberwolves/Wizards/Cavs come playoff time. And those are the kind of teams that inflate their stats. They are awful against good teams.

Sorry if I'm underwhelmed.

this. they inflate their defensive numbers against shitty teams. can anyone look up how much points they give up to teams in the west?

Heat007
02-28-2011, 02:34 PM
I disagree. They have a PG who can average 25 ppg in a series. A 20/10 guy, a 18/7 guy. A Center who can dominate on the offensive boards. A bench player who can get hot and average over 10 ppg.

Miami has bench players who can score with miller, haslem, jones, house. Jones can get hot and shoot the 3, the guy just won the 3-pt contest. house is top 6 for 3 pt shooters this year, and haslem has an excellent midrange shot.. Miller we KNOW can average 10 ppg off the bench.

Rose can be contained with Chalmers. Chalmers gave him a lot of trouble last time that;s why rose only shot 37%. Chalmers is excellent defensively.

Lebron always owned Deng and owned the bulls. Wade always scores a lot on the bulls. the bulls can't answer for lebron and wade like miami can answer for rose.

Bosh and boozer cancel each other out for scoring.

Noah has no post up game so any of miami's center's can do the job on him.

Miami has the 2nd best FG% in the league.. they're the better offensive team.

And defensively Miami has the #1 FG% against at 42.6.

Heat007
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
The bulls just don't have the consistent outside shooting needed to win in the playoffs against the heat.

kaiiu
02-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Miami has bench players who can score with miller, haslem, jones, house. Jones can get hot and shoot the 3, the guy just won the 3-pt contest. house is top 6 for 3 pt shooters this year, and haslem has an excellent midrange shot.. Miller we KNOW can average 10 ppg off the bench.

Rose can be contained with Chalmers. Chalmers gave him a lot of trouble last time that;s why rose only shot 37%. Chalmers is excellent defensively.

Lebron always owned Deng and owned the bulls. Wade always scores a lot on the bulls. the bulls can't answer for lebron and wade like miami can answer for rose.

for the first bolded. I dont think so. The ball dominant ways of Lebron can get a shooter out of his rhythm. Look at all the great shooters he has played with on the Cavs who has been taken out of rhythm in the playoffs because Lebron is going to pass it to them with 3 seconds left on the shotclock

for the second bolded- trust me, Rose is not being contained by ANYBODY in the playoffs. I seen him score at will against the Celtics in 09 and against the Cavs in 2010. I wouldnt count on it if I were you.

for the 3rd bolded, I agree. Lebron will have his way with him.

for the 4th bolded- I would bet my money on Boozer to have his way with Bosh in the playoffs. Bosh can also have his way with Boozer in a series if he gets hot, but again.

for the last bolded. Noah doesnt have to score in the post, he scores by offensive rebounds, dish offs by Rose and by running the floor(I doubt the Heat bigs can keep up with him)

Clutch
02-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Why are the Heat "elite"?

Because they have 2 amazing players,both are surely top5 in the league.
They have amazing 3rd option,Bosh would be a 1st option on many teams.
They are a very good defensive team and record also speaks for itself.

They don't have many success against top teams but they are surely one of the most dangerous teams in the NBA.

Will they win title ? Who knows.
One injury can change everything (I'm not talking only about them)

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
02-28-2011, 02:47 PM
It's all about the playoffs. Miami will always have the best player on the court with either Wade or Lebron. I don't think they beat Boston but the bottom line is Lebron and Wade both have potential to take over a playoff game by themselves.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-28-2011, 02:50 PM
:oldlol:

Heat007
02-28-2011, 02:51 PM
for the first bolded. I dont think so. The ball dominant ways of Lebron can get a shooter out of his rhythm. Look at all the great shooters he has played with on the Cavs who has been taken out of rhythm in the playoffs because Lebron is going to pass it to them with 3 seconds left on the shotclock)

Up until 4 games ago, because that's when it was announced and i heard it, the Heat had the best outside shooting percentages in the league.

So I don't see how Lebron is getting them off rhythm.

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 02:52 PM

Miami has the 2nd best FG% in the league.. they're the better offensive team.

And defensively Miami has the #1 FG% against at 42.6.
I've already gone over all of this.

Miami blows up their stats against shitty teams. Look at my OP. They are 29-2 against sub .500 teams and their margin of victory is huge. Against "elite" teams they give up 98 PPG, have a truly awful record, and only put up about 93 PPG.

Chalmers can't contain Rose for a series. That's ridiculous talk.

But that isn't even what this is about.

The Heat, by any real metric, just aren't elite. Look at what they do against good teams. They lose. They don't play great D. And their "best in the league" players can't help them. Look at what they do in "close" games. They lose.

They are a giant carboard cutout with "Awesome written on it". It looks OK til you give it a shove and then it just falls over.

And to the poster that said "Dwyane/LeBron can win a game on any given night"... Why aren't any of these "given nights" when they play Boston/Dallas/Chicago/San Antonio. 0-7 vs those teams!!!

kaiiu
02-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Up until 4 games ago, because that's when it was announced, the Heat had the best outside shooting percentages in the league.

So I don't see how Lebron is getting them off rhythm.
sounds like the Cavs the last couple of years to me:rolleyes: they shot the best 3pt% in the league the last couple years to only to get iced like a Kicker in the playoffs:lol

EnoughSaid
02-28-2011, 02:55 PM
So you're asking why they beat bad teams and struggle against good teams? Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

Heat007
02-28-2011, 02:56 PM
sounds like the Cavs the last couple of years to me they shot the best 3pt% in the league the last couple years to only to get iced like a Kicker in the playoffs:lol

yeah, because those shooters are the same players :rolleyes:

kaiiu
02-28-2011, 02:59 PM
yeah, because those shooters are the same players :rolleyes:
Gibson, Parker, Mo Williams>> House, Miller and Jones as shooters:rolleyes: disagree?

Heat007
02-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I've already gone over all of this.

Miami blows up their stats against shitty teams. Look at my OP. They are 29-2 against sub .500 teams and their margin of victory is huge. Against "elite" teams they give up 98 PPG, have a truly awful record, and only put up about 93 PPG.

Chalmers can't contain Rose for a series. That's ridiculous talk.

But that isn't even what this is about.

The Heat, by any real metric, just aren't elite. Look at what they do against good teams. They lose. They don't play great D. And their "best in the league" players can't help them. Look at what they do in "close" games. They lose.

They are a giant carboard cutout with "Awesome written on it". It looks OK til you give it a shove and then it just falls over.

And to the poster that said "Dwyane/LeBron can win a game on any given night"... Why aren't any of these "given nights" when they play Boston/Dallas/Chicago/San Antonio. 0-7 vs those teams!!!

yeah, and most of those losses were during the first 17 games when the team was NEW and they were still figuring each other out. Or when one or two of the big 3 were out hurt.

And , congratulations. you beat the Heat the first time with Lebron not playing out with a bad ankle. And you needed a last second shot at home against a Lebron-less Heat.

In the last game... A fully healthy Bulls team at home barely won at the very end of the game in the final 10 seconds despite,

- The Heat only getting 2 points from their bench ( they don't have a good bench but they are better than that, they had 14 pts in last nights contest in the 1st half alone).
- The Heat have been one of the best outside shooting teams this season and they only hit one 3-point shot all game.
- The Bulls needed a historically bad shooting performance of 1-18 missing open hooks close to the basket, layups and open midrange shots, for a player that has seen double digits in 52 straight games before that.
- The Heat were without arguably their 4th and 5th best players with Udonis Haslem - a do-it-all player who does all the little things well who's their leading rebounder and we've seen what a true warrior this guy is in the playoffs, and Mike Miller who are injured but will be expected back shortly.
- For whatever reason the Heat didn't play 7'3" Zydrunas that night who played in 47 of the last 48 games before that.

All of that won't happen in a 7-game series. When you add all that up and being on the road against a good team it should have been a big blowout, but it wasn't. The game was tied with 16 seconds left to go. The Bulls have no answer for Lebron and Wade who were going through them all night. And they can't expect to make Miami's bench totally irrelevant every night in a 7 gamer with James Jones, Eddie House, Big Z, Miller, Haslem, Arroyo, Damp - and Bosh to have historically bad shooting like he did that night when a good majority of them were open looks with some close to the basket.

Get real kid.

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 03:00 PM
So you're asking why they beat bad teams and struggle against good teams? Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
Literally nobody asked that. Read the thread. Read the title of the thread.

The speculation is: Why are they even considered elite?

Just look at the stats in the first post.

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 03:01 PM
yeah, and most of those losses were during the first 17 games when the team was NEW and they were still figuring each other out. Or when one or two of the big 3 were out hurt.

And , congratulations. you beat the Heat the first time with Lebron not playing out with a bad ankle.

In the last game... A fully healthy Bulls team at home barely won at the very end of the game in the final 10 seconds despite,

- The Heat only getting 2 points from their bench ( they don't have a good bench but they are better than that, they had 14 pts in last nights contest in the 1st half alone).
- The Heat have been one of the best outside shooting teams this season and they only hit one 3-point shot all game.
- The Bulls needed a historically bad shooting performance of 1-18 missing open hooks close to the basket, layups and open midrange shots, for a player that has seen double digits in 52 straight games before that.
- The Heat were without arguably their 4th and 5th best players with Udonis Haslem - a do-it-all player who does all the little things well who's their leading rebounder and we've seen what a true warrior this guy is in the playoffs, and Mike Miller who are injured but will be expected back shortly.
- For whatever reason the Heat didn't play 7'3" Zydrunas last night who played in 47 of the last 48 games before last night.. and he played tonight.

All of that won't happen in a 7-game series. When you add all that up and being on the road against a good team it should have been a big blowout, but it wasn't. The game was tied with 16 seconds left to go. The Bulls have no answer for Lebron and Wade who were going through them all night. And they can't expect to make Miami's bench totally irrelevant every night in a 7 gamer with James Jones, Eddie House, Big Z, Miller, Haslem, Arroyo, Damp - and Bosh to have historically bad shooting like he did last night when a good majority of them were open looks with some close to the basket.
So you're saying the Bulls got lucky and won because the Heat played like shit.

OK.

That's kind of my point. They suck.

ChiCity
02-28-2011, 03:05 PM
i do think they are elite
but i think they furthest they could go this year is the ecf
i cant see that bench getting past boston or even chicago

HEAT111
02-28-2011, 03:07 PM
So you're saying the Bulls got lucky and won because the Heat played like shit.

OK.

That's kind of my point. They suck.

If Bosh scored more than one goal, then you wouldn't be writing that post today :D

Since they lost, you have every right :D

Heat007
02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
So you're saying the Bulls got lucky and won because the Heat played like shit

man you're stupid and overemphasize one game. if you think bosh is going to go 1-18 in every game in a series you're an idiot. he's too good of a shooter. and congrats, you beat the heat without lebron ion the other one,. and needed a last second heroic shot from korvor to win against a Lebron-less heat at home.

right before that the bulls lost to the raptors. And the Bulls were FULLY HEALTHY.

the bulls played like shit THAT NIGHT shooting only 42% against the worst defense in the nba.

it happens.

Funnyfuka
02-28-2011, 03:10 PM
They should just keep lebron, bosh, Z, anthony, chalmers, jones, dampier, haslem, house , howard and miller. Well im not even sure about miller.

and i think wade should go, he's redundant with lebron, and lebron delivers more. arroyo pitman, magloire should go too. They re useless.

And they should get a good center. No need for a too "good" pg in this system. What they need is a big defenser in the paint. D.Howard for example. Then they d be unbeatable.

Heat007
02-28-2011, 03:13 PM
A bad shooting night happens to the best of the best of them,

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=game&year_min=1987&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&c1stat=fga&c1comp=gt&c1val=15&c2stat=fg&c2comp=lt&c2val=2&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts&order_by_asc=Y

^ read that long list of some great players with horrible shooting performances.

Bigsmoke
02-28-2011, 03:15 PM
man you're stupid and overemphasize one game. if you think bosh is going to go 1-18 in every game in a series you're an idiot. he's too good of a shooter. and congrats, you beat the heat without lebron ion the other one,. and needed a last second heroic shot from korvor to win against a Lebron-less heat at home.

right before that the bulls lost to the raptors.

the bulls played like shit THAT NIGHT shooting only 42% against the worst defense in the nba.

it happens.

i kinda noticed that.

when the Heat lose a game, they will be on ESPN getting heavy criticism by everybody depite them winning like 10 a row before that lost.

But when the Mavs or Celtics lose a game, its just "one game"

ashbelly
02-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Weaker conference and better Heat team.
:oldlol: :oldlol: @ a bulls fan talking about a weaker conference in 2011.

Pointguard
02-28-2011, 03:22 PM
They are having trouble gelling and mixing. But they will have Haslem and their shooter played last night. I don't think they deserve anything in power rankings because when power comes they have been loosing. Boston and Chicago deal and deliver with power teams while Miami hasn't. If they don't have this thing ironed out by mid March I don't think they can pull it off.

pegasus
02-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Because they've got Lebron-Wade-Bosh, along with three refs coming off the bench.

Heat007
02-28-2011, 03:29 PM
they inflate their defensive numbers against shitty teams

that's such a stupid argument because everyone in the east plays the same teams outside the division.

strong teams, average teams, weak teams. East, west, and everything in between.

I think it's pretty remarkable that a NEW team like the heat with so many new players, and despite playing poorly in the first 17 games of the season when they were feeling each other out..

are 2nd in FG% offensively.

and are #1 in FG% defensively at 42.6

That really is something.

If you want to talk about inflating numbers, the Bulls had the 25th strength of schedule the first half of the season, the heat had the 13th hardest schedule.

how's that ?

olddangerfield
02-28-2011, 03:31 PM
They should just keep lebron, bosh, Z, anthony, chalmers, jones, dampier, haslem, house , howard and miller. Well im not even sure about miller.

and i think wade should go, he's redundant with lebron, and lebron delivers more. arroyo pitman, magloire should go too. They re useless.

And they should get a good center. No need for a too "good" pg in this system. What they need is a big defenser in the paint. D.Howard for example. Then they d be unbeatable.

Rofl where is the loyalty these days? Wade got miami a championship despite Shaq playing very sub-par according to his standards and also being the highest paid player on the team at the time. Wade was barely in his 3rd or 4th year.

This is why Miami doesn't deserve this type of team. Wade got Miami something it's never had, a championship, and their fans are ready to cut him loose? Unbelievable.

kaiiu
02-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Because they've got Lebron-Wade-Bosh, along with three refs coming off the bench.
I think these three players might be the ones to get them over the hump:lol

Papaya Petee
02-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Why are the Bulls elite? They haven't done shit neither, and have a worse record then Miami?

InfiniteBaskets
02-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Why are the Bulls elite? They haven't done shit neither, and have a worse record then Miami?

Well according to the logic in the OP, elite means that you're record is more balanced with more losses to weak teams and more wins against good teams.

dynasty1978
02-28-2011, 04:35 PM

They're an elite regular season team, nothing more. Anyone thinking that they're going to flip a switch and run an actual half court offense in the post-season is delusional.

Batz
02-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Their record is 43-17?

lolcavs

KingBeasley08
02-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Well according to the logic in the OP, elite means that you're record is more balanced with more losses to weak teams and more wins against good teams.

but to answer the OPs question

1. 2 Superstars that have taken over playoff series before with another top 20 player that could be a no. 1 option on most teams

2. a great defensive team that is missing its best rebounder (who will be back come playoff time)

in addition, why are ppl writing the heat off? from what a poster has said, most of their losses to good teams were early in the season. what have the bulls done to make them beat postseason veterans like wade and bron

Rose
02-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Let's clear this bullshit MOST OF THEIR LOSSES WERE EARLY. EIGHT of them were.

And of those 2 were against the C's, one against the Hornets, Grizz, Pacers, Jazz, Mavs, and magic.

That was their 9-8 start. So really their record against .500 teams came from there really? all of them? wow.

Funnyfuka
02-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Rofl where is the loyalty these days? Wade got miami a championship despite Shaq playing very sub-par according to his standards and also being the highest paid player on the team at the time. Wade was barely in his 3rd or 4th year.

This is why Miami doesn't deserve this type of team. Wade got Miami something it's never had, a championship, and their fans are ready to cut him loose? Unbelievable.
im not a miami fan at all..im a french dude from quebec -and i think bulls , mavs and spurs have a legit chance to win the chip this time- ...my analysis is just that lebron and wade = the same player, with lebron being better.

They dont need two copies of the same guy. They need to keep lebron, bosh, the 3pts shooters (jones, chalmers) and big Z, and add other good players at the others positions after getting rid of the scrubs who contribute little or nothing to the team to do so...

KingBeasley08
02-28-2011, 04:49 PM

And of those 2 were against the C's, one against the Hornets, Grizz, Pacers, Jazz, Mavs, and magic.

That was their 9-8 start. So really their record against .500 teams came from there really? all of them? wow.
no one said all of them.. but they have a winning record after that.

and u all still haven't answered the fact that Bron and Wade have shown that they can dominate a postseason series just by themselves. if they were to catch on fire, you cant hope that bosh goes 1-18 every game

Nelson14
02-28-2011, 04:49 PM
cause they the best

Bigsmoke
02-28-2011, 04:55 PM

and 8 of those teams are currently above .500. They gone 10-8 against teams above .500 and 34-9 overall since that 9-8 start.

XxSMSxX
02-28-2011, 05:10 PM
and 7 of those teams are currently above .500. They gone 10-8 against teams above .500 and 34-9 overall since that 9-8 start.

Where are yall gettin these stats from? Do yall actually go through their calendar and count em up?

Harion
02-28-2011, 05:13 PM
why is Kobe Bryant overrated?

InfiniteBaskets
02-28-2011, 05:16 PM
im not a miami fan at all..im a french dude from quebec -and i think bulls , mavs and spurs have a legit chance to win the chip this time- ...my analysis is just that lebron and wade = the same player, with lebron being better.

They dont need two copies of the same guy. They need to keep lebron, bosh, the 3pts shooters (jones, chalmers) and big Z, and add other good players at the others positions after getting rid of the scrubs who contribute little or nothing to the team to do so...

I wouldn't be surprised if Lakers, Spurs, or Mavs came out of the West. But the Celtics are clear favorites to come of the East. All this talk of Chicago, Miami, and New York is really redundant until one of these teams can take out Boston in the playoffs.

Papaya Petee
02-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Once again, answer my question any Bulls fan. What makes the Bulls "elite" ? You guys haven't proved shit, Rose has 1\10th playoff experience of LeBron and Wade, and we still have a better record.

What MAKES you elite, before you start shit talking on a superior team?

Rose
no one said all of them.. but they have a winning record after that.

and u all still haven't answered the fact that Bron and Wade have shown that they can dominate a postseason series just by themselves. if they were to catch on fire, you cant hope that bosh goes 1-18 every game
K. I'll play this game too. After the Bulls first 8 losses....they have as many losses as the heat do after their first 8 losses!

Rose
Once again, answer my question any Bulls fan. What makes the Bulls "elite" ? You guys haven't proved shit, Rose has 1\10th playoff experience of LeBron and Wade, and we still have a better record.

Neither team is proven, so stop pretending the Heat are.

Papaya Petee
02-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Neither team is proven, so stop pretending the Heat are.
So stop pretending the Bulls are. At least we have 2 players who have a lot of playoff experience under their belt. Plus Haslem and Big Z and House all been to the NBA Finals.

Bulls? Not as much.

Rose
02-28-2011, 05:21 PM
So stop pretending the Bulls are. At least we have 2 players who have a lot of playoff experience under their belt. Plus Haslem and Big Z and House all been to the NBA Finals.

Bulls? Not as much.
I'm not saying the Bulls are. I've always said neither team is proven and fine.
Boozer, Korver, and Brewer have ALL been to the WCF. Kurt has been to the finals.

Bigsmoke
02-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Where are yall gettin these stats from? Do yall actually go through their calendar and count em up?
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2011_games.html

really, 8 of those team.

jdm_dc_fan
02-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Not an elite team :no: Just two elite players. Too bad its a team sport.:lol

Bigsmoke
02-28-2011, 05:34 PM

the combination of great defense and rebounding could be crucial for the other teams in the playoffs. and plus an MVP calibur PG :bowdown:

Not saying the Bulls are better but i'm confident that we could take down the Celtics no with Perkins in OKC and Nenad Krstic and Green being soft.:banana:

TrueRob
02-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Why are the Heat elite? Because the Heat are top 5 in defensive efficiency and offensive efficiency. They play great on the road, they are probably the best road team in the league. Yes, they've lost games to elite teams, but most of those games were very competitive, winnable games. The Heat's main problem is they don't have an iso post player or an iso jump shooter that can be used in late game situations. They rely too much on driving to the hoop in clutch situations. If you look at the past champions, they always have a jump shooter and/or a post player that can score in isolation.

tequila
02-28-2011, 06:31 PM
If you want to talk about inflating numbers, the Bulls had the 25th strength of schedule the first half of the season, the heat had the 13th hardest schedule.

how's that ?

I've never liked strength of schedule stats. Think about it: you're making the argument that Bull's record is better than it should be, because they've played a "weak" schedule based on their opponent's winning percentages. It's just as likely then, that many of their opponents should have better or worse records, because of their own "strong" or "weak" schedule strengths.

Anyway, personally, I DO think that the heat are elite team. And I don't need to manipulate any kind of statistics to back myself up here. There's one very simple reason:

because every other competitive team in the league practices extensively for them before any game.

VishaltotheG
02-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Why are the Heat elite? Because the Heat are top 5 in defensive efficiency and offensive efficiency. They play great on the road, they are probably the best road team in the league. Yes, they've lost games to elite teams, but most of those games were very competitive, winnable games. The Heat's main problem is they don't have an iso post player or an iso jump shooter that can be used in late game situations. They rely too much on driving to the hoop in clutch situations. If you look at the past champions, they always have a jump shooter and/or a post player that can score in isolation.

:facepalm you can't be serious. A team with Le****ingBron and D****ingWade needs another iso player? :rolleyes:

All of the Big 3 can shoot the ball well. What's the problem?

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 07:00 PM

Because the Bulls have the best D in the league. The Bulls have beaten the best teams in the league.

The Heat haven't beaten SA/Dallas/Chicago/Boston ONCE this year. The Bulls have beaten EVERY TEAM IN THE NBA except for the Knicks (who just beat the Heat).

HOW ARE THEY ELITE WHEN THEY CAN'T BEAT ELITE TEAMS?

And don't give me this "Rose has 1/10th the playoff experience as LBJ and Wade" because COMBINED they have 1 ring between them. And your "MVP" hasn't won a ring yet.

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 07:01 PM
The problem isn't that they've lost to elite teams. The problem is they haven't BEATEN elite teams. Seriously, 0 wins against SA/DAL/CHI/BOS.

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Not an elite team :no: Just two elite players. Too bad its a team sport.:lol
/thread
:applause:

ILLsmak
02-28-2011, 07:07 PM

Because of their potential. No team in the NBA has more potential. Of course, the way we imagine the Heat can click if they start clicking is probably impossible. But really, D Wade and LeBron? Wait til they pick up a bunch of bought out free agents, too.

-Smak

97 bulls
02-28-2011, 07:23 PM

What makes the bulls elite is their record counting the injuries to boozer and noah. Plus the fact that they've beaten the other top teams in the league.

Miami just doesn't beat the upper echelon teams, plain and simple. Sure they could use haslem, but he's not that big of a difference maker. I mean, if your going soley by playoff runs then miami is really not elite, cuz wade hasn't done much in 5 years, bosh has never made any noise in the playoffs, and james has bowed out twice while having the best record in the league.

97 bulls
02-28-2011, 07:27 PM
The problem isn't that they've lost to elite teams. The problem is they haven't BEATEN elite teams. Seriously, 0 wins against SA/DAL/CHI/BOS.
Exactly. And now there's no real excuse, when they were 9-8, people were saying they need time to gel. Well the season is almost 60 games in with a little more than 20 to go. How much time do they need?

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 07:48 PM
And I'm Soooooooo tired of the "Well,we need Haslem!!111". What did the Bulls do when they lost Boozer for a month? They won. What did they do when they lost Noah for 30 games? They won.

Elite teams find a way.

It's so funny how far the "Big 3" have fallen from the preseason. Now it's the "Big 2.5 and Haslem".

KingBeasley08
02-28-2011, 08:08 PM
If anything, u all seem really scared :oldlol:

Whats with the need to diss the Heat so much? If u all are better than them, then u will beat them come playoff time. Of course dwade and lebron are gonna get more media attention than the bulls. The only thing is that the Heat are gonna be really tough to beat in a 7 game series and I don

yeaaaman
02-28-2011, 08:13 PM
This thread speaks for itself, you got the answer you seem to have wanted - there isn't a reasonable answer as to why the heat are elite. So the case is closed. The heat are not elite, they will be an afterthought in the playoffs and cannot win. Nothing to worry about. The Bulls are elite and the Heat aren't. The Bulls have a better shot to win the title. Rose is a more deserving MVP than Lebron. etc, we get it.

Roundball_Rock
02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Exactly. And now there's no real excuse, when they were 9-8, people were saying they need time to gel. Well the season is almost 60 games in with a little more than 20 to go. How much time do they need?

Years. Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven. ...

TrueRob
02-28-2011, 09:26 PM

Ok, but they haven't played SAS yet. The two games they lost to the Bulls were @Chicago, the Bulls have been nearly unbeatable at home. Let's see if the Bulls can win @Miami, which is something they'll need to do if they play the Heat in the playoffs without HCA.

jasonresno
02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Years. Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven. ...

TrueRob
02-28-2011, 09:28 PM
:facepalm you can't be serious. A team with Le****ingBron and D****ingWade needs another iso player? :rolleyes:

All of the Big 3 can shoot the ball well. What's the problem?

Not really, LeBron and Wade are inconsistent outside shooters. They were trying to go to Bosh late in the Chicago game, but he kept bricking. :facepalm

Heat007
03-01-2011, 01:02 AM
the Heat are 2nd in the league for Field goal percentage.

Zedja
03-01-2011, 01:25 AM
the Heat are 2nd in the league for Field goal percentage.
So how did Bosh do the last game?

t-rex
03-01-2011, 01:50 AM

You left out the fact that the Heat had the second easiest schedule in the NBA entering the All Star break. Yet still didn't have the best record in the East.

Miami is

PowerGlove
03-01-2011, 02:20 AM

You mad because they beat the teams they are supposed to while you guys lose to the Raptors?

kkb_12
03-01-2011, 02:32 AM
Elite: Lakers,Celts,Spurs - STOP-

Potential to be elite - have to prove themselves when it counts: Heat, Bulls, Mavericks

nbacardDOTnet
03-01-2011, 03:30 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Miami%20Heat/miamicheat.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Lebron%20James/0%20bandwagoners/scumbag-lebron-james-avatar.gif

but

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/chris%20bosh/lebronjames-on-chrisbosh.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/chris%20bosh/--1.jpg

B-Easy
03-01-2011, 03:49 AM
its funny cause you havent even seen the real Heat yet .. youve only seen the BIG 3 + reserves. Chalmers, Arroyo, Joel Anthony, James Jones etc.. are RESERVES playing huge minutes all season.

Bibby, Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem, Damp ..youve seen very little of those guys this season. Those are the true role players on this team.

Imagine the Lakers playing with Luke Walton, Derrick Character, David Ebanks all season.

STATFresh6
03-01-2011, 03:54 AM
The Heat had a really poor record against elite teams in 2006 when they won the title. I thought I should throw that out there.

NuggetsFan
03-01-2011, 03:55 AM
Heat are so screwed either it's kinda awesome. If they lose to a team like Chicago they'll get killed by the media\fans. However if the do succeed people will be like "obviously they have a superstar team".

Are they Heat elite? By this years standards I'd consider them that. Any team that could legit make it to the finals should be considered elite. Would anybody be surprised to see the Heat prevail? It may not be likely but I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see the Heat come out of the East. As bad as they've been against the better teams in the league they still have a top record and will hold HCA most likely for a few rounds. This year isn't as predictable as years past. Boston\Miami\Chicago heck even a team like Orlando could make some noise. If Miami isn't elite than who is? Boston\Chicago\Dallas\L.A\S.A? I'd give the same odds to the Bulls winning it all as I would Miami :confusedshrug:

Look at Cleveland. They steam rolled teams in the regular season. I'd assume you could nit pick past champions vs other teams just like you did with the Heat, all tho I'm sure it wouldn't be that evident. There problem seems to be closing out games. Still an issue but something that's fixable and kinda understandable when your a new team that's had 3 previous go to guy's. Not an excuse but something that can be overcome.

Lebron23
03-01-2011, 03:57 AM
The Heat had a really poor record against elite teams in 2006 when they won the title. I thought I should throw that out there.

This

Bibby, Haslem, and Murphy are going to help the Heat in the playoffs.

stephanieg
03-01-2011, 04:17 AM
If you think guys like Troy Murphy or Mike Bibby are going to help your team you're either lottery bound or the Heat.

Doranku
03-01-2011, 04:18 AM
They aren't.

SourGrapes
03-01-2011, 04:18 AM
its funny cause you havent even seen the real Heat yet .. youve only seen the BIG 3 + reserves. Chalmers, Arroyo, Joel Anthony, James Jones etc.. are RESERVES playing huge minutes all season.

Bibby, Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem, Damp ..youve seen very little of those guys this season. Those are the true role players on this team.

Imagine the Lakers playing with Luke Walton, Derrick Character, David Ebanks all season.

who is david ebanks?

and if the heat are relying on mike bibby and eric dampier they are in really big trouble. udonis haslem is the only player you mentioned who is worthy of an important role

Xplicit
03-01-2011, 05:10 AM
They aren't.

Look up the Lakers' record against the elite this season. You're not gonna like what you see. It's probably about equal or maybe even worse than the Heat's is. Maybe the Lakers aren't elite....

Oh and btw the one win the Heat did get against a supposed elite team was.. you guessed it.. the Lakers. :oldlol: Those damn Heat. Always beating up non-elite teams :oldlol:

knightfall88
03-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Look up the Lakers' record against the elite this season. You're not gonna like what you see. It's probably about equal or maybe even worse than the Heat's is. Maybe the Lakers aren't elite....

Oh and btw the one win the Heat did get against a supposed elite team was.. you guessed it.. the Lakers :oldlol:

mute point because the Lakers have been to 3 finals. Their record is almost irrelevant.

SourGrapes
03-01-2011, 05:37 AM

Oh and btw the one win the Heat did get against a supposed elite team was.. you guessed it.. the Lakers. :oldlol: Those damn Heat. Always beating up non-elite teams :oldlol:

the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. the lakers have the last two championships.

back to the heat, loser....

Xplicit
03-01-2011, 05:49 AM
the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. the lakers have the last two championships.

back to the heat, loser....

The Lakers are champions of previous seasons. WTF does it have to do with their failures this season?

You damn Laker fans are so dense. You are stating how the Heat don't belong among the elite because their record vs good teams isnt impressive, I am merely offering a rebuttal and showing you how the Laker' record vs. good teams is equally dismal as the Heat... so if the Heat ain't elite based on that fact alone, then neither are your precious Lakers...

The Heat are a newly-formed team this season. So of course they haven't had a chance to show if they can win a title yet. The Lakers, once again of PAST SEASONS, won titles. They've sucked pretty bad vs elite team THIS SEASON.

hkfosho
03-01-2011, 06:01 AM
The Lakers are champions of previous seasons. WTF does it have to do with their failures this season?

You damn Laker fans are so dense. You are stating how the Heat don't belong among the elite because their record vs good teams isnt impressive, I am merely offering a rebuttal and showing you how the Laker' record vs. good teams is equally dismal as the Heat... so if the Heat ain't elite based on that fact alone, then neither are your precious Lakers...

The Heat are a newly-formed team this season. So of course they haven't had a chance to show if they can win a title yet. The Lakers, once again of PAST SEASONS, won titles. They've sucked pretty bad vs elite team THIS SEASON.

Don't bother, these Laker homers are dumber than dirt. The heat AND lakers both play terrible vs elite teams. End of discussion, ciao!

SourGrapes
03-01-2011, 06:50 AM

i don't know what the term "elite" means, and i'm not arguing for the heat's inclusion in such a stupid concept. they have a good record. i don't think they are among the two or three most likely to win the championship.

the best way to evaluate a team's chances are to look at it's past behavior and the circumstances around it's present state. the lakers are two time champions. they haven't aged considerably, and they are deep and versatile. all that portends well for them. they've lost a few games due to complacency. guess what place previous phil jackson teams have come in that have also won the championship.... 2nd in the west in 2001, and 3rd in the west in 2002.

and in your own unintentional way, you are right. we don't know what the heat will do in the future either. but the fact that they haven't won a championship together, and have no reason for complacency to set in, combined with having obvious roster flaws, doesn't bode well.

you can argue with the rest of the idiots about what the term "elite" means

All Net
03-01-2011, 07:01 AM
If you think guys like Troy Murphy or Mike Bibby are going to help your team you're either lottery bound or the Heat.
You have To be a fool to think they won't. Course they will help, they will Provide shooting, scoring, rebounding, ball handling and playmaking between then which is one of the reasons Miami has struggled against top teams

Andrei89
03-01-2011, 07:03 AM
They aren't.

Oh good old Doranku

who beat you on the 25th december 2010?

Haha...shut up troll!!:roll: :roll:

sirkeelma
03-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Let's all talk after the playoffs.
/thread.

Doranku
03-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Oh good old Doranku

who beat you on the 25th december 2010?

Haha...shut up troll!!:roll: :roll:

I remember a certain team also beat us on the 25th December 2009.

How much did it matter in June? :roll:

King Lebron LBJ
03-01-2011, 09:33 AM

Perfect example of why how you do against the elite is overrated. At the end of the day getting as high a seed as possible is all that matters. Typical a Bulls fan made this thread no doubt Miami will be in the conference finals while his Bulls are sat at home watching on TV...then really how important was Bulls record vs the elite then? as I said it doesn't show you much at all.

DJmicah
03-01-2011, 10:14 AM
hmmm...I Don't Know
http://media.nj.com/nets_impact/photo/lebron-james-chris-bosh-dwyane-wade-introduced-in-miami-7821fbe30df9302c_large.jpg

LA_Showtime
03-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I suppose you're looking for a more sophisticated answer than "they have LeBron, Wade, and Bosh." Regardless of how well they've played against the elite NBA teams this year, they're a threat in the playoffs. When you have 3 top 10-15 players you always stand a chance, regardless of who you're playing.

I do think they'll go home early this year, though. They haven't done a very good job in close games and they seem like a team who would get rattled rather than come together in tense moments.

Andrei89
03-01-2011, 10:37 AM

Wait....did Cleveland play the Lakers in the finals?

NO i guess they didn't...

Eat Like A Bosh
03-01-2011, 11:37 AM
The Chicago Bulls are just as good, if not better than Miami. Miami may have 2 go to guys, but Chicago's go to guy is developing to be one of the best. Chicago has the better bench, better supporting cast, a better system and a better coach. Give Rose and Tom Thabo credit.

Bron+ Wade > Rose, but everything else is Bulls > Heat

Doranku
03-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Wait....did Cleveland play the Lakers in the finals?

NO i guess they didn't...
And neither will Miami...

Bigsmoke
03-01-2011, 01:45 PM

I brought that up

tommy3
05-08-2011, 09:02 AM
bump

tommy3
05-11-2011, 09:38 PM
bbbb

Askmeificare
05-27-2011, 07:14 PM

:facepalm :facepalm

asdf1990
05-27-2011, 07:17 PM
LoL, this guy vanished .

asdf1990
05-27-2011, 07:21 PM

lol, this guy is now saying the heat are a stacked team.

ChandlerParsons
05-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Lol
Lol
Lol
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

artest 93
05-27-2011, 07:32 PM
So many trolls owned so hard.

Wow.

Heat007
05-27-2011, 07:32 PM
the Heat would win a series in 5 with the bulls loool you serious

:cheers:

Heat007
05-27-2011, 07:37 PM

lol.

we all know kaiiu is a total joke

sirkeelma
05-27-2011, 07:37 PM

Dwade305
05-27-2011, 07:43 PM
:roll: :roll:

Lebron23
06-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Miami are now 9-2 againts the Mavericks, Bulls, and Celtics in the playoffs.

You left out the fact that the Heat had the second easiest schedule in the NBA entering the All Star break. Yet still didn't have the best record in the East.

Miami is….

0-3 vs Boston

0-2 vs the Mavs

0-2 vs the Bulls

1-0 vs the Lakers

They have yet to play the Spurs. And no, NOT ALL OF THOSE GAMES occurred early in the season. Heck they have just lost to the Bulls and Celtics within the last week or so.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

LA_Showtime
06-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Look, everyone knew the Heat would come together and eventually click, dominate the league, and be extremely difficult to beat. Most of us just thought that would be next year, not this year.

Bigsmoke
06-01-2011, 02:32 PM
yeah these Bulls fans are so ****ing retarded.

Papaya Petee
06-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Look, everyone knew the Heat would come together and eventually click, dominate the league, and be extremely difficult to beat. Most of us just thought that would be next year, not this year.
Not really , all there was was haters.

Andrei89
06-01-2011, 02:36 PM

Didn't really matter. Since the Lakers got swept and the Heat are in the finals only to play the Dallas team that swept the precious Lakers

BlackJoker23
06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wRhgg.jpg

Heat007
06-01-2011, 03:00 PM
lol at all the jealous and envious people on this board. Your jealousy is so cute and adorable.

The Miami Heatles >>>>>>>>>>>>>

DEAL WITH IT !!!