PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On Kobe Throwing a Towel in Odom's After Missed FTs

MichaelAngelo
02-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Was it just motivation? Was it bush league? Was it demeaning? Was it just funny?

Here is the video, Danny Ainge thinks it is nothing.. http://bit.ly/evuNaO

JustinJDW
02-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Not cool Kobe. If someone did that to you, they would receive all kinds of hell. Treat people the way you want to be treated. This is like Kindergarten shit man. :confusedshrug:

Anyone remember this?
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2750/gasolkobe.gif

:no:

lakerspng
02-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Kobe was smirking when he did it. No different than a smack on the ass to joke with/motivate a teammate.

LBJ 4 MVP
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Lebron does this...8 page hate thread.

Kobe does this...2 or 3 page thread maybe.

(Yes, I know, I'm a LeBron stan, he has nothing to do with this thread, etc.)

MayCeltics
02-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Shitty teammate.

Say what you want about Lebron, he would never belittle his teammates on National TV consistently like Kobe. **** Kobe

MMM
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
it wasn't as bad as rasheed doing it to sabonis that was just stright up disrespectful. What kobe did was more of a wake up call( a slap to the back of the head) instead of a slap to the face which is disrespectful.

KB2009Champ
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
That was a snap your head out of it thing.

Lamar had his head down after missing them.

Still, better not to throw it to avoid stuff like this.

Mr Clutch Melo
02-28-2011, 02:56 PM
"WHAT A LEADER :bowdown: "

If Lebron did something like this :

"What a douchebag..LeEGO , a-hole:blah :blah "

Double standard at its best..

Walduś
02-28-2011, 03:05 PM

here's lebrons leadership

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/158389_o.gif

JM720
02-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Not cool Kobe. If someone did that to you, they would receive all kinds of hell. Treat people the way you want to be treated. This is like Kindergarten shit man. :confusedshrug:
[/IMG]

If they did what? you have no idea the context of what is going on, It can be "Come on LO no big deal let it go" (Than he throws the towel) or it could be "LO you are a damn bum" Than he throws the towel) ... we dont know whats going on.

DuMa
02-28-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g_lSvXu6mE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Looks like nothing but itsnot like it hasn't happened before

Haymaker
02-28-2011, 03:13 PM

:roll:

Allstar24
02-28-2011, 03:15 PM
This is what the NBA forum has been reduced to...Lebron stans taking over every thread...they're like cockroaches. I didn't even see when this happened. I was too focused on the actual basketball game. This is the type of stuff females usually like to gossip about. I could care less whether he's an asshole off the court (which he probably is) as long as he keeps winning for the Lakers.

KenneBell
02-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Not cool Kobe. If someone did that to you, they would receive all kinds of hell. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

You damn well that's not how Kobe runs the team. He's been the iron fist dictator for better or worse since Shaq left and the team has no choice but to listen and follow. Let's not act like MJ wasn't punching teammates in the face either.

Everyone has a different style. LeBron likes to be friends. Duncan is the calm and collected type. As long as it gets results.

"THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!!!!" :oldlol:

gilalizard
02-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Shitty teammate.

Say what you want about Lebron, he would never belittle his teammates on National TV consistently like Kobe. **** Kobe

No, LeBron prefers to petulantly shoulder bump his coaches when they aren't making him happy.

TryToBeUnbias
02-28-2011, 03:18 PM
This is what the NBA forum has been reduced to...Lebron stans taking over every thread...they're like cockroaches. I didn't even see when this happened. I was too focused on the actual basketball game. This is the type of stuff females usually like to gossip about. I could care less whether he's an asshole off the court (which he probably is) as long as he keeps winning for the Lakers.
this. this isn't thread by any stretches. If your asking for kobes motives you'll never get the answer unless you ask him yourself.

Funnyfuka
02-28-2011, 03:18 PM
i knew watching it it would en on the internet lol. I was like wtf. And then...wow kobe is really rulig the team. Respect.

Premeditated
02-28-2011, 03:29 PM

:roll:

Harion
02-28-2011, 03:30 PM
anyone remember that pic of Kobe stepping on Gasol? what a douche.

Premeditated
02-28-2011, 03:30 PM

you're from Norway, we have absolutely no respect for your basketball opinion.

StacksOnDeck
02-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Are you guys f*cking serious? What a sh!tty thread. Did Odom mind? No. They're grown men. If you can't make two fts, you deserve more than a towel to the face.

b0bab0i
02-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Shitty teammate.

Yeah belittles his coaches, even worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgf6fd88g8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGpSpXJwlJ0

tomtucker
02-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Kobe is an arrogant A-hole.....we all know that........... how can this surprise anyone?

macpierce
02-28-2011, 04:05 PM
kobe being kobe, as long as they are successful then its working :roll:

Burgz
02-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Kobe is an arrogant A-hole.....we all know that........... how can this surprise anyone?

this is true, but I would have done the same thing if I was the best player in the NBA and my teammate missed 2 free throws at the end of a crucial game

make your free throws lamar and you won't be getting towels in your face :oldlol:

gts
02-28-2011, 04:18 PM
that was a "get over it" and "lets go" toss of the towel, lamar grabs the towel wipes his face stands up and gets ready to go back at it

Batz
02-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Anyone remember this?

Wait when was this?

caliman
02-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Wait when was this?

Looks like the 2008 season because Ariza is there.

Story Up
02-28-2011, 04:26 PM
He apologized right away because Lamar wasn't looking, look closely to Kobe's reaction.

KingLeBronJames
02-28-2011, 04:31 PM
I saw that during the game, Kobe was trying to snap Odom out of it, he was hating himself about the free throws. If you look at other footage, several Lakers players motion for him to forget about it and move on.

Batz
02-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Looks like the 2008 season because Ariza is there.
Yeah I see that but I mean the game.

caliman
02-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Yeah I see that but I mean the game.

Im tempted to say 1 of the Denver games.

Nets fan 93
02-28-2011, 04:40 PM

Hell yeah. Bulls got smacked!

MiseryCityTexas
02-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Shitty teammate.

kobe never did none of this crap back in the 90s/ early 2000s, because he would clearly get his ass kicked by his older teammates.

NBASTATMAN
02-28-2011, 05:42 PM

Anyone remember this?

I can't get on kobe for that.. If it worked it worked.. Kobe knows who he is doing it to though.. He aint doing that to a certain few guys.. Trust me..

NBASTATMAN
02-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Hell yeah. Bulls got smacked!

I like kobe's leadership better.

pauk
02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
"Lamar Odom had a chance to ice the game yesterday against Oklahoma City, but he bricked two free throws that gave the Thunder an opportunity to tie the game (both three point attempts failed by OKC).

You could say Kobe wasn’t pleased and showed his displeasure by throwing a towel in Odom’s face.

A bush league move by Kobe considering he hasn’t always taken the best shots or made the proper play. If you want to to get him to snap out of his funk from missing the free throws that is fine, but throwing a towel is pretty demeaning. Odom isn’t a ball boy.

Odom with his cornbread taken, decided not to do anything."

pauk
02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
this is why kobe is and will always be the most hated player

he doesnt get any hate for any "the decision" talking or dance with his teammates like lebron

no

kobe is just an outright asshole and he doesnt keep it a secret

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Something Beasley would do:cheers: :bowdown:

MiseryCityTexas
02-28-2011, 05:52 PM
the suns should sign both chris childs and reggie miller to ten day contracts just to kick kobe's ass.

az00m
02-28-2011, 05:53 PM
did kobe slap someone for not trying in practice?:D

MJ did far worse things before, one of his teammates threaten to break his legs before lol.

Nevaeh
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
this is why kobe is and will always be the most hated player

he doesnt get any hate for any "the decision" talking or dance with his teammates like lebron

no

kobe is just an outright asshole and he doesnt keep it a secret

It wouldn't have been so bad had Kobe not been missing shots left and right his damn self. I've seen too many games where he'll miss shots, then quickly try to to deflect blame to his team mates over a "blown assignment" or something that wasn't even their fault. Dude is just phoney, straight up :oldlol:

jstern
02-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't think Kobe meant anything bad by it. He just has alpha male tendencies. Less than a year ago on ABC Kobe missed 2 free throws in the final seconds and the Lakers lost because of it, so since Kobe can relate, I don't think he would disrespect Odom like that. I really don't think Kobe would get mad at a teammate for choking.

KenneBell
02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
the suns should sign both chris childs and reggie miller to ten day contracts just to kick kobe's ass.
What's that going to do? Prevent Kobe from hitting jumpers in their face all day? :oldlol:

BoxOutBOXOUT
02-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Are you clowns actually serious or is this some kind of joke thread that I'm not in on where everyone just runs with the stupid premise and pretends it's real?

Kobe threw the towel at Odom to say "Hey, wake up! We're still in this. Forget about the missed free throws and focus on shutting them down on this last possession."

Now all of a sudden, thanks to the power of the internet and state welfare, which allows for most of you Kobe-haters to be sitting on your a$$es in the middle of the day using the former, the story is that Kobe is a horrible teammate who degrades his teammates. Riiight.

I'm sure you clowns know Kobe & Lamar's relationship intimately. Kobe would never throw a towel at Odom like a big brother throws at a little brother. No, Kobe hates his guts, can't stand that he missed those free throws, and is jealous that Lamar gets to spend Thanksgiving sitting next to Kim Kardashian while Kobe's stuck carving turkey with the Wicked Witch of the West.

Get real, haters. You don't win 5 rings by hating your teammates and treating them like sh*t. You also don't win 5 rings by dancing around like a fool, taking fake group photos with your teammates, and bricking shots at the end of close games. Keep hating on greatness, b*tches.

Walduś
02-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Are you clowns actually serious or is this some kind of joke thread that I'm not in on where everyone just runs with the stupid premise and pretends it's real?

Kobe threw the towel at Odom to say "Hey, wake up! We're still in this. Forget about the missed free throws and focus on shutting them down on this last possession."

Now all of a sudden, thanks to the power of the internet and state welfare, which allows for most of you Kobe-haters to be sitting on your a$$es in the middle of the day using the former, the story is that Kobe is a horrible teammate who degrades his teammates. Riiight.

I'm sure you clowns know Kobe & Lamar's relationship intimately. Kobe would never throw a towel at Odom like a big brother throws at a little brother. No, Kobe hates his guts, can't stand that he missed those free throws, and is jealous that Lamar gets to spend Thanksgiving sitting next to Kim Kardashian while Kobe's stuck carving turkey with the Wicked Witch of the West.

Get real, haters. You don't win 5 rings by hating your teammates and treating them like sh*t. You also don't win 5 rings by dancing around like a fool, taking fake group photos with your teammates, and bricking shots at the end of close games. Keep hating on greatness, b*tches.
/thread

branslowski
02-28-2011, 06:39 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

SYM86
02-28-2011, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=pauk]"Lamar Odom had a chance to ice the game yesterday against Oklahoma City, but he bricked two free throws that gave the Thunder an opportunity to tie the game (both three point attempts failed by OKC).

You could say Kobe wasn

The Iron Fist
02-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Shitty teammate.

No, Lebron just does it to his mom instead.

"SIT YO ASS DOWN"

gilalizard
02-28-2011, 07:39 PM
He apologized right away because Lamar wasn't looking, look closely to Kobe's reaction.

That's what I thought too first time watching it. Tossing him the towel for LO to use and maybe as a "shrug it off" gesture. Kobe just bricked the shot and hit LO in the face instead. CLUTCH! ;)

Hell, looks like Lamar uses the towel afterwards. Not something most people would do if they felt that same towel was just tossed in their face to demean them.

StacksOnDeck
02-28-2011, 07:41 PM

I wish I could rep you sir.

DStebb716
02-28-2011, 07:53 PM
It's all his competitive nature. And I don't think he did that towel throw out of anger, I think it was more of a "c'mon man."

Bandito
02-28-2011, 07:58 PM

Get real, haters. You don't win 5 rings by hating your teammates and treating them like sh*t. You also don't win 5 rings by dancing around like a fool, taking fake group photos with your teammates, and bricking shots at the end of close games. Keep hating on greatness, b*tches.Someone who gets it. :applause:

redsoxballer
02-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Anyone remember that 7-3 white guy the Lakers had a few years ago? They had just brought him up from the D-League. He missed a three at thebuzzer. He was heading back to the locker room through the visitor's tunnel, when Kobe jumped him and started beating him with a chair. Blood was everywhere and Luke Walton was just laughing. The fans were screaming. Security guards drug the body (assumed he was dead, didn't look good) away, and all footage of the game was removed from the Internet. I still have pictures of the dude on my cell phone, going to upload them soon. anyone else see this?

HorryIsMyMVP
02-28-2011, 08:18 PM
This is sort of a stretch. I'd say outside of raping white women and the occasional elbow to the face during important games, that Kobe is a classy basketball player overall. The NBA is too soft anyway. I remember when Jameer Nelson got elbowed in the face during the Finals and for the last shot. It was an illegal hit sure but the refs didn't see it. Jameer being so soft just laid on the ground and let the Lakers win. The reason Kobe is a winner is because if Jameer elbowed Kobe, Kobe would just jizz on his face.

crisoner
02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
He also threw a towel at an old woman's face as well...... :confusedshrug:

winwin
02-28-2011, 08:38 PM
lol @ lebron stans and kobe haters
how many years took you to find somthing ''negative'' on kobe?
and is this the worst hes done? wow he must be great

just like ''the low self esteem prostitute who wishes to see much more women engaged in prostitution".

and you guys are the prostitutes of ISH
and your hero '' leblocked'' is the prostitute of NBA

Bandito
02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
lol @ lebron stans and kobe haters
how many years took you to find somthing ''negative'' on kobe?
and is this the worst hes done? wow he must be great

just like ''the low self esteem prostitute who wishes to see much more women engaged in prostitution".

and you guys are the prostitutes of ISH
and your hero '' leblocked'' is the prostitute of NBA
:lol win post.

nevetslc88
02-28-2011, 08:41 PM

:applause:

Jasper
02-28-2011, 08:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g_lSvXu6mE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Looks like nothing but itsnot like it hasn't happened before

Those two free throws would of sealed the deal.
Problem was , I don't know if Odom had been to the line at all through the whole game to that point.
Needless to say , he should of made at least 1 of 2 , but both free throws were not even close.
Seeing the replay , I did not know Odom said something back to Kobe.

Hate to say it but other leaders of a team would of said something to the player to make the point get it done next time , with his a$$ chewed out.
Kobe makes it more less public , any case the Lakers had a tougher time to finish the game , but walked away with a win.

----------------
That game showed some gap'ping holes as well for the playoff's.
Ironically Durant a 6'10" SF takes a 3 foot past the top of the key for a win forced shot :facepalm
His record of winners resides at 2 for 12. :oldlol:

winwin
02-28-2011, 08:56 PM
"The thought of being a world champion twice in one year is cool, you know?" Odom said in a telephone interview. "I could brag to Kobe [Bryant] and tell him this is something he doesn't got."

wow a shot at kobe!!
it's Kobe & Lamar's relationship.

idiot prostitutes of ISH

G-Funk
02-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Stupid prostitutes, that's what makes Kobe the great leader he is. Unlike Lebrons ass who dances through the season to loosen his team up, that shyt works but he always stops in the playoffs and he doesn't know how to lead his team any other way, that's why they choked.

Look at MJ, Riley, Pop, Brown, Bird, Phil. All have that type of personality And they all have won the majority of championships.

Lebron23
02-28-2011, 10:15 PM
He's a jack@$$. I want to see Odom punch Kobe in the face in the off season. No More Phil Jackson = No More Team chemistry.

winwin
02-28-2011, 10:20 PM
^^ an example of a low self esteem prostitute of ISH

edit: and my rep worth 110 points

Replay32
02-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Even if it wasn't an accident, odom wouldn't of did nothin'. Everybody on the lakers kiss kobe's ass with the exception of barnes, artest and fisher. Kobe wouldn't dare throw a towel at any of them.

He has too much respect for Fisher. Barnes is quick to snap. And Artest is a crazy dude from the Queens Bridge Projects.

LA_Showtime
02-28-2011, 11:09 PM

Anyone remember this?

I don't have a problem with what he did to Odom; it was just Kobe's way of saying, "Get your head in the game."

I do have a problem with that Gasol clip, though. That's just out of line.

RoseCity07
03-01-2011, 05:01 AM
It reminds me all too much of when Rasheed Wallace threw a towel at Sabonis's face. I'd give Kobe a break if I thought it was just a joke, but I don't see how he was "just playing."

It's not funny. Kobe has missed 2 free throws at the end of the game. It's how Portland beat the Lakers last year at the end of the season in LA. I don't think Odom treated Kobe like that.

Zach Morris
03-01-2011, 05:27 AM
:facepalm

Lol I'm sure most of you were probably bullied or are currently being bullied and I'm sorry Kobe is making you relive the situation, but please stop the foolishness.

Some of you retards are flat out over-analyzing the situation. You don't know what was said between the two of them or how they interact with one another.

Could have been anything from "Shake it off! Lets just win this fvcking game" [motivating] to "You fvcking suck" [degrading] . . . .but of course many of you chose to believe something similar to the latter occurred, just because. However, why would he be upset?? I mean . . .the Lakers were still UP THREE.

'Tis all.

Jacks3
03-01-2011, 05:31 AM
The God KOBE BRYANT showing his great great leadership here.

Bless him.

LBJ 4 MVP
03-01-2011, 06:05 PM
This just makes me think of the amount of hate prime MJ would get if he played in today's media frenzy.

puppychili
03-01-2011, 07:24 PM
If Odom doesn't have a problem with it, why should anyone else?

KenneBell
03-01-2011, 07:28 PM
He's a jack@$$. I want to see Odom punch Kobe in the face in the off season. No More Phil Jackson = No More Team chemistry.
:oldlol:

You're an idiot. Plain and simple.

indiefan24
03-01-2011, 07:54 PM

idiot

The Ownage
03-01-2011, 08:24 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/158389/lebron-dancing-2-o.gif

LA_Showtime
03-01-2011, 10:00 PM
It reminds me all too much of when Rasheed Wallace threw a towel at Sabonis's face. I'd give Kobe a break if I thought it was just a joke, but I don't see how he was "just playing."

It's not funny. Kobe has missed 2 free throws at the end of the game. It's how Portland beat the Lakers last year at the end of the season in LA. I don't think Odom treated Kobe like that.

*Prays that Lamar does the same thing the next time Kobe misses a clutch free throw*

jimalojj
03-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I don't have a problem with what he did to Odom; it was just Kobe's way of saying, "Get your head in the game."

I do have a problem with that Gasol clip, though. That's just out of line.

I agree, what he did to Gasol was :no: I'd like to see him try that on Artest :oldlol:

PowerGlove
03-01-2011, 10:08 PM

But people are making fun of lebron in a kobe thread on page one. Where do you get this shit from? I swear Lakers fans like you always talk about these Lebron stans.....there are like three. Evilmonkey,showtime,ashbelly?

But these three take over every thread? Man STFU. This deflection technique is getting old, anything nearly negative about Kobe wont even be answered around here. He could take and air ball a half court jumpshot with a full shot clock in the middle of the first quarter and you will still be telling posters to lie on your couch while you analyze their pysche and the state of affairs around here.

HB40TheNextStar
03-01-2011, 10:09 PM
kobe must like is rough

Lebron23
03-01-2011, 10:11 PM

But people are making fun of lebron in a kobe thread on page one. Where do you get this shit from? I swear Lakers fans like you always talk about these Lebron stans.....there are like three. Evilmonkey,showtime,ashbelly?

But these three take over every thread? Man STFU. This deflection technique is getting old, anything nearly negative about Kobe wont even be answered around here. He could take and air ball a half court jumpshot with a full shot clock in the middle of the first quarter and you will still be telling posters to lie on your couch while you analyze their pysche and the state of affairs around here.

THIS

macpierce
03-01-2011, 10:12 PM
absolutely no problem with the towel, he shouldnt grab gasols hair though.

TonyJones
03-02-2011, 01:08 AM

The funniest thing about this gif is how the crowd is not phased by bron's dancing. :roll: