PDA

View Full Version : Heat waive Carlos Arroyo and will sign Mike Bibby

wpdougie2180
03-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Miami cut Arroyo possibly to pick up Bibby

Boston fans would you pick Arroyo up as the 3rd string PG and just to get in the Heatles heads?

Nash
03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Damn, I feel sorry for Arroyo. But tbh he's crap and Bibby is better for Miami.

davidenk0
03-01-2011, 03:29 PM
To be honest, I can't see how Bibby can be an improvement over Arroyo.

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Damn, I feel sorry for Arroyo. But tbh he's crap and Bibby is better for Miami.

He's better than Arroyo but Bibby's defense is waaay worse than both Arroyo and Chalmers. I can't wait to see what PG's like Rose do to Bibby. It's going to be Murder!

kidachi
03-01-2011, 03:30 PM
No. please

ginobli2311
03-01-2011, 03:31 PM
To be honest, I can't see how Bibby can be an improvement over Arroyo.

he's a better player than arroyo, and bibby will be a solid addition to the crunch time lineup.

the heat got better today. if they had added murphy as well it would have been a pretty big improvement, but this is actually pretty good for them imo.

crisoner
03-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Arroyo as a third pg isn't bad...but first?
Huge upgrade for Miami.

davidenk0
03-01-2011, 03:34 PM
he's a better player than arroyo, and bibby will be a solid addition to the crunch time lineup.

the heat got better today. if they had added murphy as well it would have been a pretty big improvement, but this is actually pretty good for them imo.
I dunno, Bibby is a better shooter, but he's not half the player he was in Sacramento and his defense is pretty bad.

BlackWhiteGreen
I'd love to take Bibby just to piss Miami off. But we did that already with Murphy so I can live with Bibby going there, especially as Rondo would destroy him.

Nash
Also Bibby has something that Miami need out of their PG, dude can really shoot the 3. I mean its a no brainer for Miami really.

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Huge upgrade for Miami.

Chalmers was the first option. Arroyo has been getting DNP's for a while now...

Also Bibby has something that Miami need out of their PG, dude can really shoot the 3. I mean its a no brainer for Miami really.

What does that matter? They already have James Jones, Eddie House, Mike Miller, etc. I'd rather have House play the Point and shoot the 3 in the clutch than Bibby.

kidachi
03-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Heat don't need a PG.. they have Wade and LeBron..

they need a ****ing big man..

they can't keep matching up with LA and Boston with that.. they look like midgets..

PJR
03-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Makes sense. Point guard for point guard swap. As washed up as Miami's bigs are (outside of Bosh, and a currently injured Haslem)...They need them for depth purposes.

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 03:37 PM

they can't keep matching up with LA and Boston with that.. they look like midgets..

They can't match up with Chicago either, who owns them by the way like every ELITE team owns the Heat.

The Heat have NOTHING to match up with Joakim Noah, Omer Asik, Taj Gibson, Kurt Thomas, and Carlos Boozer. Nothing!

Nelson14
03-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Damn arroyo was my one of my favorite heat

PurpleChuck
03-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Start hunting for some good Centers please.

kidachi
03-01-2011, 03:41 PM
They can't match up with Chicago either, who owns them by the way like every ELITE team owns the Heat.

The Heat have NOTHING to match up with Joakim Noah, Omer Asik, Taj Gibson, Kurt Thomas, and Carlos Boozer. Nothing!

and yes.. thank you.. I forgot about the Bulls..

but with all due respect.. when it's time to go.. I think Heat will beat the bulls..

I know you disagree.. but we'll just agree to disagree..

:D

Nash
03-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Chalmers was the first option. Arroyo has been getting DNP's for a while now...

What does that matter? They already have James Jones, Eddie House, Mike Miller, etc. I'd rather have House play the Point and shoot the 3 in the clutch than Bibby.
Bibby is also a clutch shooter. Also, having a PG who can shoot the 3 is important for Miami since they don't really need their PG to be a playmaker since they have Lebron and Wade for that.

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 03:46 PM
and yes.. thank you.. I forgot about the Bulls..

but with all due respect.. when it's time to go.. I think Heat will beat the bulls..

I know you disagree.. but we'll just agree to disagree..

:D

Of course I disagree. Chicago has the better defense, rebounding, PG, Bigs, bench, etc.

Miami has no bigs, no bench, and worst of all..the Miami Heat are soft. Just like Christina Bosh.

We will see who gets that 1 seed. Miami plays 1 on 1. Chicago plays as a team. We'll see which works better come the playoffs. And up to it. :D

flipogb
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM

you guys have the size(Damp and Z are huge), its just that they all suck

ginobli2311
03-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Huge upgrade for Miami.

this. bibby is certainly not the star he was on the kings, but he can still knock down threes about as good as anyone. bibby will be out there in crunch time, and you can't leave him. so if miller is out there as well, you have two guys that can not only hit threes as good as anyone, but both of them can score off the dribble on their own as well.

this is a very big move imo.

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM

And they can't run. Guys like Noah, who can out-run Paul Pierce on the fastbreak and has done so in the playoffs, will run circles around those old fogies. And I don't know why Joel Anthony is still on the HEAT. Funniest thing of all, Joel Anthony got a pretty good long term deal for himself and will be sticking around on South Beach for years...

Haymaker
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM

This. If they need a PG, they need someone who takes the ball away from Bron and actually run the offense.

kidachi
03-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Of course I disagree. Chicago has the better defense, rebounding, PG, Bigs, bench, etc.

Miami has no bigs, no bench, and worst of all..the Miami Heat are soft. Just like Christina Bosh.

We will see who gets that 1 seed. Miami plays 1 on 1. Chicago plays as a team. We'll see which works better come the playoffs. And up to it. :D

Ok man.. we'll see. :cheers:

and BTW, yes Chris Bosh is soft.. I'd trade him in a heartbeat if I had the power.

kidachi
03-01-2011, 03:53 PM

That's why I said they need a big..

they're few and they suck. Damp and Z against KG, Big Baby, Shaq, JO, Gasol, Odom and on and on and on.. --->:facepalm

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Ok man.. we'll see. :cheers:

and BTW, yes Chris Bosh is soft.. I'd trade him in a heartbeat if I had the power.

And who are the HEAT going to go to in the clutch? Bron has too big of an ego not to take a clutch shot ever again for the Heat. He has to prove to himself, and the world, that he can hit the clutch shot despite him bricking them non-stop lately (like against the Bulls, Knicks, etc.)

At least Chicago knows they have clutch players like Deng and Rose. Heck, Korver even hit the game winning 3 over the HEAT the 1st time around...

oldschool4ever
03-01-2011, 04:00 PM
this. bibby is certainly not the star he was on the kings, but he can still knock down threes about as good as anyone. bibby will be out there in crunch time, and you can't leave him. so if miller is out there as well, you have two guys that can not only hit threes as good as anyone, but both of them can score off the dribble on their own as well.

this is a very big move imo.

so he starts over house during crunch time?

wade, lebron, bosh,

offensively, i'll put house and james jones in with the big 3.

ginobli2311
03-01-2011, 04:03 PM
And who are the HEAT going to go to in the clutch? Bron has too big of an ego not to take a clutch shot ever again for the Heat. He has to prove to himself, and the world, that he can hit the clutch shot despite him bricking them non-stop lately (like against the Bulls, Knicks, etc.)

At least Chicago knows they have clutch players like Deng and Rose. Heck, Korver even hit the game winning 3 over the HEAT the 1st time around...

why are just ignoring lebron's entire history of clutch shots. stop being a prisoner of the moment.

lebron has 5 game winners in the playoffs for his career. he's on pace to make the most out of any player all time.

lebron is not the best game winning shot player ever, but he's one of the best in the league right now. a few misses on a new team can't change that.

this clutch thing is getting blown out of proportion. even the best players shoot under 40%.

having bibby on the floor in these situations is a huge upgrade.

ginobli2311
03-01-2011, 04:04 PM
so he starts over house during crunch time?

wade, lebron, bosh,

offensively, i'll put house and james jones in with the big 3.

yes, i'd much rather have bibby out there than house late in games. its not even a question for me.

not only is bibby as good of or a better shooter, but he can actually get his own shot and make a play for somebody else if need be.

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Bron has never played next to Wade before, this is a new experience for him and so far the entire planet is laughing at LeBrick's lame attempts at clutch shots. He has failed miserably in his new situation in the clutch.

It's a serious problem for the HEAT right now and don't act like it isn't because it is.

tx_dave
03-01-2011, 04:10 PM
The spurs should pick him up for his defense
I dread Chris Quinn minutes

Alonzo Magic
03-01-2011, 04:16 PM

The Chris Paul stopper? http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200804020MIA.html

Suit yourself.

Rose
03-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey! 2 and a half men, do you guys want a guy who's spreading the floor better ?45% and 43%, passes well and attempts defense OR

do you want a guy who shoots 43% from the field and three,passes about as well, but doesn't play defense?

Alonzo Magic
03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Hey! 2 and a half men, do you guys want a guy who's spreading the floor better ?45% and 43%, passes well and attempts defense OR

do you want a guy who shoots 43% from the field and three,passes about as well, but doesn't play defense?

Don't get it twisted dude, Bibby is a much better shooter than Arroyo. All of Arroyo's shots this season have been enough time to watch the 5th set of a Wimbledon final type wide open. LeBatard said Bibby was shooting like high 60's on open baskets yesterday.

konex
03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Knicks should pick him up

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Don't get it twisted dude, Bibby is a much better shooter than Arroyo. All of Arroyo's shots this season have been enough time to watch the 5th set of a Wimbledon final type wide open. LeBatard said Bibby was shooting like high 60's on open baskets yesterday.

Why did ATL give up on Bibby then? Clearly, Bibby can't play defense and has lost more than a step in his old age.

Done_And_Done
03-01-2011, 04:42 PM

So were you born in Puerto Rico or do you just have Rican in your bloodline?

Alonzo Magic
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Why did ATL give up on Bibby then? Clearly, Bibby can't play defense and has lost more than a step in his old age.

Atlanta gave up Bibby because they were able to acquire a superior PG.

Why did you even quote my post? I wasn't making a judgement on Mike Bibby the player, I know he's the worst defender in the league.

ForeverHeat
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Arroyo hasnt been that good this season and I prefer Bibby as the number 2. But if he starts I think we'll get worse defensively. He'll definitely help us in the way that we close out games though, since we havent been all that great at that recently lol.

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Atlanta gave up Bibby because they were able to acquire a superior PG.

Why did you even quote my post? I wasn't making a judgement on Mike Bibby the player, I know he's the worst defender in the league.

A superior defender but Captain Kirk is very unclutch and not the greatest shooter around...and I quote whatever post I want to quote.

Heat007
03-01-2011, 04:55 PM
And they can't run. Guys like Noah, who can out-run Paul Pierce on the fastbreak and has done so in the playoffs, will run circles around those old fogies. And I don't know why Joel Anthony is still on the HEAT. Funniest thing of all, Joel Anthony got a pretty good long term deal for himself and will be sticking around on South Beach for years...

Why the hell would the Bulls want to run with Miami ? They'll get killed as Miami is the far superior transition team. They own on the fast breaks.

how do you think the Heat got the 10 point lead in the first half of the last game ? Because they were running all over the bulls with quick transition baskets. And then the Bulls decided to slow it down to a halfcourt game.

The Knicks were smart to do that as well after Miami owned the transition game getting a big lead in the 1st quarter by the momentum from fast breaks.

Miami has the #1 ranked perimeter defense in the league with great defenders like chalmers, wade and lebron, and they gets lots of turnovers the other way for fast break points. Miami leads the league with field goal percentage against at 42.6, so the long rebounds from all the missed shots from the opponent creates more fastbreak opportunities.

whenever miami fast breaks with some good transition, it's not just about the points from the fast break, but it gives them momentum for minutes after that... the team plays better like they're in a zone.

You have to slow down the game vs Miami to have a chance. And this doesn't help Noah's advantage because Miami can put any center there and contain him down low in the half court as noah has no post-up game. Anthony is a good defender who's athletic, can shot block and can move..and that's why he's there. He can contain noah without a problem one-on-one in the low post.

Chris Quinn
03-01-2011, 05:00 PM
arroyo FAGBAG deserved it for taking my spot on the ROSTER

Alonzo Magic
03-01-2011, 05:01 PM
A superior defender but Captain Kirk is very unclutch and not the greatest shooter around...and I quote whatever post I want to quote.

Your response to the quote had little relation. Did you think I was intimating Mike Bibby was good? That he'd be a positive influence on the Heat? I wasn't. Bull in a china shop.

Draz
03-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Bibby would be a huge upgrade. But wow. Arroyo is really not that bad. He was pretty good, I don't see a "big" enough problem with him? Send his ass to NY lets get rid of Douglas hyper ass.

Heat007
03-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Bibby would be a huge upgrade. But wow. Arroyo is really not that bad. He was pretty good, I don't see a "big" enough problem with him? Send his ass to NY lets get rid of Douglas hyper ass.

Arroyo sucks.

And they weren't going to cut Chalmers for Bibby because Chalmers is an excellent defender.. and you need that with some of the PG's in the east.

One of the reasons why the Heat have the #1 ranked perimeter defense in the league, and have the best FG% against is because all of Chalmers, Wade and Lebron can really defend.

plus chalmers has a much higher upside than arroyo.

with bibby AND Arroyo you didn't have a PG who could defend wortha lick. Ch

Alonzo Magic
03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Arroyo sucks.

And they weren't going to cut Chalmers for Bibby because Chalmers is an excellent defender.. and you need that with some of the PG's in the east.

That's a massive stretch.

Chris Quinn
03-01-2011, 05:20 PM

FAGBAG

che guevara
03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Bibby is an upgrade for the Heat. Arroyo was a terrible defender too, but he can't shoot threes like Bibby can.

Draz
03-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Is it even confirmed?

pmj
03-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Is it even confirmed?

Yes, they just have to wait till tmrw sometime to clear waivers.

Draz
03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Yes, they just have to wait till tmrw sometime to clear waivers.

Ah =/. I didn't want Miami getting him, he looked interested in them to though.

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 05:48 PM
That's a massive stretch.

At least he is quick enough to keep up with Rondo or Rose. At least Chalmers has quick hands and can slap the ball free. Bibby will only get abused.

Why the hell would the Bulls want to run with Miami ? They'll get killed as Miami is the far superior transition team. They own on the fast breaks.

how do you think the Heat got the 10 point lead in the first half of the last game ? Because they were running all over the bulls with quick transition baskets. And then the Bulls decided to slow it down to a halfcourt game.

The Knicks were smart to do that as well after Miami owned the transition game getting a big lead in the 1st quarter by the momentum from fast breaks.

Miami has the #1 ranked perimeter defense in the league with great defenders like chalmers, wade and lebron, and they gets lots of turnovers the other way for fast break points. Miami leads the league with field goal percentage against at 42.6, so the long rebounds from all the missed shots from the opponent creates more fastbreak opportunities.

whenever miami fast breaks with some good transition, it's not just about the points from the fast break, but it gives them momentum for minutes after that... the team plays better like they're in a zone.

You have to slow down the game vs Miami to have a chance. And this doesn't help Noah's advantage because Miami can put any center there and contain him down low in the half court as noah has no post-up game. Anthony is a good defender who's athletic, can shot block and can move..and that's why he's there. He can contain noah without a problem one-on-one in the low post.

You missed the point. The point is Chicago's elite defense, and Noah's elite defense, will create fastbreak opportunities for the Chicago Bulls. Noah will destroy whatever old geezer (Big Z or Eric Dampier) tries to run with him on the break when the Bulls have the Ball.

Nobody is afraid of the Heat. Certainly not the Chicago Bulls who have a better team, faaar better PG, faaar better bench, faaar better bigs, and a faaar better Coach. Chicago owns the HEAT this season.

Miami sucks in the halfcourt game. That's what the playoffs are.

Rose
03-01-2011, 06:02 PM
:roll: I like the analogy. While true, I still think Arroyo's a bit better of a fit, although Bibby's a better player. Either way I think it's a lateral move, I may be wrong, but I dou....we'll see!:lol

Do you think he'll get major minutes or just like 10 minutes or so?

sh0wtime
03-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I did read somewhere that Lebron talked Bibby into it, if this deal is confirmed its great news. Bibby is a great traditional pointguard who has a tough mentality, great basketball IQ, is a great passer and shooter, so he will flourish alongside Lebron & Wade even if he wont be able to handle the ball all the time because he certainly will get alot of open shots he will be able to convert and i remember him being clutch aswell.

crisoner
03-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Carlos Arroyo

5.6 ppg
2.0 apg
1.9 rpg
PER 9.54

And dude was born the same day as me...wow....

I think he be cool as a 3rd option for PG...come to LA kid!!!

ReturnofJPR
03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Carlos Arroyo

5.6 ppg
2.0 apg
1.9 rpg
PER 9.54

And dude was born the same day as me...wow....

I think he be cool as a 3rd option for PG...come to LA kid!!!

Daaang, you're old!!

crisoner
03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Daaang, you're old!!

Fine like wine young one. :rockon:

Rose
03-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Fine like wine young one. :rockon:
:cheers:

Heat007
03-01-2011, 06:40 PM
You missed the point. The point is Chicago's elite defense, and Noah's elite defense, will create fastbreak opportunities for the Chicago Bulls. Noah will destroy whatever old geezer (Big Z or Eric Dampier) tries to run with him on the break when the Bulls have the Ball.

Nobody is afraid of the Heat. Certainly not the Chicago Bulls who have a better team, faaar better PG, faaar better bench, faaar better bigs, and a faaar better Coach. Chicago owns the HEAT this season.

Miami sucks in the halfcourt game. That's what the playoffs are.

Miami's defense is ranked #1 in field goal percentage against at 42.6 ;)

Your wings totally suck defensively to try to guard Lebron/Wade and Miami has the people to guard Rose.

and chicago's bench only averages 5 pts a game more than Miami and that was without a healthy miller and haslem for most of the season.

You have better bigs but you don't have a good post up center and that's what gives miami problems.. they can do fine against a PF who can post up. especially when haslem gets back.

And of course, the Heat have much better outside shooting than the Bulls do. The bulls don't have the consistent outside shooting to beat the heat.

Forget about the laid back regular season, Wade and Lebron are going to relentlessly attack and attack the paint in the playoffs and get your bigs in foul trouble. Lebron and Wade are the best wing combo ever besides MJ and Pippen and you're going to guard them with crap players like Korvor/Deng/Brewer/Bogans?? the worst wing rotation of the playoff teams against the best wing combo ever besides jordan/pippen ? really?

Wade and Lebron always owned the bulls with big games. Your wing rotation sucks !

Korvor/Deng/Brewer/bogans is your answer to the best ever wing combo BOTH OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY besides jordan/pippen ?

That's all you got ?

Heat in 5 or 6

fubu05
03-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Miami's defense is ranked #1 in field goal percentage against at 42.6 ;)

Your wings totally suck defensively to try to guard Lebron/Wade and Miami has the people to guard Rose.

and chicago's bench only averages 5 pts a game more than Miami and that was without a healthy miller and haslem for most of the season.

You have better bigs but you don't have a good post up center and that's what gives miami problems.. they can do fine against a PF who can post up. especially when haslem gets back.

And of course, the Heat have much better outside shooting than the Bulls do. The bulls don't have the consistent outside shooting to beat the heat.

Forget about the laid back regular season, Wade and Lebron are going to relentlessly attack and attack the paint in the playoffs and get your bigs in foul trouble. Lebron and Wade are the best wing combo ever besides MJ and Pippen and you're going to guard them with crap defensive players like Korvor/Deng/Brewer/Bogans?? the worst wings in the playoffs ? really?

Wade and Lebron always owned the bulls with big games. Your wings suck !

Korvor/Deng/Brewer/bogans is your answer to the best wing combo BOTH OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY since jordan/pippen ?

That's all you got ?

Heat in 6

1) I don't get it... Rose can't do the same???

2) Noah is a great defensive big.

3) If it was as easy as just "relentlessly attack and get to the line" LeBron would have 3 rings.

Two problems with the heat as a collective.

1) Their half-court offense. Because come playoff time everything slows down and it's about how you executed in the half-court. This is why the Lakers manage to get the finals again and again, and why the Boston Celtics got there last year.

2) Crunch time. Again something that becomes that much bigger playoff time. Games get closer, and not only is it about stops, but also being able to score in the other end. 5 mins to go, game on the line, Heat are the worst of the elite teams in trying to score. Becuase LeBron becomes the dominant ball handler, Wade becomes a spot-up shooter, and Bosh is just... Bosh. So now instead of the big 2.5, you have the big 2. And that is why the Heat lost the other night against the Knicks.

ProfessorMurder
03-01-2011, 07:15 PM

:lol An NBA player shooting high 60s on open baskets in practice? That's pretty awful for a shooter.

Alonzo Magic
03-01-2011, 08:21 PM
:roll: I like the analogy. While true, I still think Arroyo's a bit better of a fit, although Bibby's a better player. Either way I think it's a lateral move, I may be wrong, but I dou....we'll see!:lol

Do you think he'll get major minutes or just like 10 minutes or so?

Like I said in the other thread yesterday, we'll have to see if Bibby's offense can supersede his defensive liability.

I'm expecting a solid 25-30 minutes within a few weeks. Like he was logging in Atlanta.

Alonzo Magic
03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
:lol An NBA player shooting high 60s on open baskets in practice? That's pretty awful for a shooter.

in Game, not practice.

NBASTATMAN
03-01-2011, 08:34 PM

WADE AND BRON are turnover prone.. Bibby usually has a 3-1 assist to turnover ratio.. His shooting and total offensive game is better than any other pg they have.. His defense is horrible and they will have to find a way to hide him.. Going to be hard since they don't have a true big to clog the lane... Either way he is better than Chalmers at pg.. Chalmers is good defensively and still gets beat by the good pg's..

NBASTATMAN
03-01-2011, 08:36 PM

If he can shoot 40 percent from three than he is already much better than any other pg they have.. Plus he can set up their offense.. Only Arroyo could do that.. Chalmers is also too turnover prone for a pg...

PowerGlove
03-01-2011, 08:56 PM
+1
:(

mlh1981
03-01-2011, 09:01 PM
It seems to me that Bibby's "clutchness" is going to amount to a hill of beans, as a team of guys like Wade/LeBron/Bosh, etc will be looking to take the big time shots.

Plus, he won't be handling the ball much, and offers nothing defensively.

What is the point of this move?

ProfessorMurder
03-01-2011, 09:29 PM
in Game, not practice.

Oh I misunderstood your use of the word yesterday. I thought you meant Lebatard watched him in practice yesterday, not said what he said yesterday.

My bad.

Bigsmoke
03-01-2011, 09:35 PM
i really do not know what Arroyo is good at.

getting Bibby is a HUGE upgrade.

Bigsmoke
03-01-2011, 09:39 PM
It seems to me that Bibby's "clutchness" is going to amount to a hill of beans, as a team of guys like Wade/LeBron/Bosh, etc will be looking to take the big time shots.

having a PG that shoots 44% from threes could stretch the floor for those 3 guys.... dont u think?

sh0wtime
03-01-2011, 09:39 PM
WADE AND BRON are turnover prone.. Bibby usually has a 3-1 assist to turnover ratio.. His shooting and total offensive game is better than any other pg they have.. His defense is horrible and they will have to find a way to hide him.. Going to be hard since they don't have a true big to clog the lane... Either way he is better than Chalmers at pg.. Chalmers is good defensively and still gets beat by the good pg's..

Compared to Bibby then yes Wade is more turnover prone in the assist/turnover ratio department. But not Lebron, especially when he actually starts PG where he averaged for example 12.1 APG and 3.1 TOs per game last year 11 games for the Cavs and had ~9 apg on ~3 turnovers per game for the year, which is better assist to turnover ratio and not to mention more productive aswell compared to any prime Bibby year, James did that with ~30 ppg aswell, so you know he could have easily averaged much more than ~9 apg if he wanted to.

They still do need Bibby even though they can more than live without him, but a true center should have and should still be Miamis #1 priority.

LA_Showtime
03-01-2011, 09:57 PM

He'll never get the opportunity to turn the ball over since LeBron and Wade are the primary ball handlers. Welcome to life as a spot up shooter, Mike Bibby. (Which he'll probably excel at... damnit)

Alonzo Magic
03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Oh I misunderstood your use of the word yesterday. I thought you meant Lebatard watched him in practice yesterday, not said what he said yesterday.

My bad.

I'd have made the same mistake. Poor sentence formation by me.

He'll never get the opportunity to turn the ball over since LeBron and Wade are the primary ball handlers. Welcome to life as a spot up shooter, Mike Bibby. (Which he'll probably excel at... damnit)

You know Jamal and Joe love handling the rock right?

donald_trump
03-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Compared to Bibby then yes Wade is more turnover prone in the assist/turnover ratio department. But not Lebron, especially when he actually starts PG where he averaged for example 12.1 APG and 3.1 TOs per game last year 11 games for the Cavs and had ~9 apg on ~3 turnovers per game for the year, which is better assist to turnover ratio and not to mention more productive aswell compared to any prime Bibby year, James did that with ~30 ppg aswell, so you know he could have easily averaged much more than ~9 apg if he wanted to.

They still do need Bibby even though they can more than live without him, but a true center should have and should still be Miamis #1 priority.

actually no, you're wrong. as a whole since coming back from injury in the 08-09 season lebron has been far more turnover prone than wade. stop making up bs and protecting your boy even when you dont have anything to back it up.

lebron is more turnover prone than wade. fact.

mlh1981
03-01-2011, 10:26 PM
having a PG that shoots 44% from threes could stretch the floor for those 3 guys.... dont u think?

It could help. Additionally, they lose a lot of close games, so maybe whatever he contributes could put them over the edge, but in this offense, he will barely be handling the ball.

Maybe he can be like what (regular season) Mo Williams was for Cleveland during their heyday.

Lebron23
03-01-2011, 10:26 PM
He's shooting 44.1% from the the 3 points territory.

opps
03-01-2011, 10:31 PM

To let Heat fans think they finally added that one addition they needed.

donald_trump
03-01-2011, 10:32 PM

hes only going to be more wide open here. though i really dont think hes that much better if it all compared to arroyo and chalmers. if hes not better, hopefully hes a better fit.

Peteballa
03-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I'd love to take Bibby just to piss Miami off. But we did that already with Murphy so I can live with Bibby going there, especially as Rondo would destroy him.

Lol, remember that other time all of the Celtic fans said that Rondo was going to destroy the opponent PG who was terrible at defense and slow as hell?

http://www.latimes.com/includes/soundslides/la-sp-2010lakers/lakers25.jpg

ProfessorMurder
03-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Lol, remember that other time all of the Celtic fans said that Rondo was going to destroy the opponent PG who was terrible at defense and slow as hell?

Fisher guarded Ray... Nice try.

Bigsmoke
03-01-2011, 10:52 PM
saying dude isnt an upgrade from ****ing Carlos Arroyo is wrong. I bet if its from another team people wouldnt day that.

I swear, i bet if the Heat traded Erick Dampier for Dwight Howard people would still find ways to think they didnt upgrade from that.

Heat007
03-01-2011, 10:57 PM

50% in November

38% in December

34% in February

% in March ?

BallsOut
03-01-2011, 10:57 PM
If he can shoot 40 percent from three than he is already much better than any other pg they have.. Plus he can set up their offense.. Only Arroyo could do that.. Chalmers is also too turnover prone for a pg...

What offense? You mean pass it to Lebron iso up top? :roll:

JerrySteakhouse
03-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I couldn't be any more happy! Carlos Arroyo is a scrub, didn't want him on the roster. Bibby isn't a big lift for us but he is definitely a huge upgrade. His veteran leadership is also a huge plus.

Peteballa
03-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Fisher guarded Ray... Nice try.

So then what leads Celtics fans to believe that Bibby will guard Rondo and not Ray?

sh0wtime
03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
actually no, you're wrong. as a whole since coming back from injury in the 08-09 season lebron has been far more turnover prone than wade. stop making up bs and protecting your boy even when you dont have anything to back it up.

lebron is more turnover prone than wade. fact.

Oh really?

Hm? First of all i deeply appologise but im a basketball fan first and foremost, i like both of them and neither one of them is in your terms "my boy" and since facts always expose opinions (such as yours) i hence stick to only facts and not mindbogling opinions! Since you want facts in this department of yours, here you go, i present you everything:

SEASON:

Wades TO average as of 2008-09 - 3.3
Lebrons TO average as of 2008-09 - 3.3

Wades Assist/TO ratio as of 2008-09 - 1.9
Lebrons Assist/TO ratio as of 2008-09 - 2.3

Wades Assist/TO ratio this season - 1.4
Lebrons Assist/TO ratio this season - 2.0

Wade career season TO - 3.7
Lebron career season TO - 3.3

Wade career season Assist/TO ratio - 1.7
Lebron career season Assist/TO ratio - 2.1

Wades best Assist/TO ratio season - 2.2 (2008-09)
Lebrons best Assist/TO ratio season - 2.5 (2009-10)

PLAYOFFS

Wades TO playoff average as of 2008-09 - 4.3
Lebrons TO playoff average as of 2008-09 - 3.2

Wades Assist/TO playoff ratio as of 2008-09 - 1.4
Lebrons Assist/TO playoff ratio as of 2008-09 - 2.3

Wade career playoff TO - 4.2
Lebron career playoff TO - 3.7

Wade career playoff Assist/TO ratio - 1.4
Lebron career playoff Assist/TO ratio - 2.0

Wades best Assist/TO ratio playoff year - 1.5 (2005-06)
Lebrons best Assist/TO ratio playoff year - 2.7 (2008-09)

As you can see its not even close, its very safe to say that anybody who thinks James has been more or even equally turnover prone as Dwyane Wade is kindof delusional or simply doesnt know what he talks about. Not even this year has Lebron been more turnover prone despite averaging more turnovers than Wade, simply because Lebron handles the ball and facilitates much more than Wade and averages 7.2 assists a game compared to Wades 4.4 assists a game and 3.2 turnovers a game (which is Wades worst assist/TO ratio of his career despite not having the pressure of having to facilitate/handle the ball as much as Lebron or not even close to as much as Wade ever facilitated/handled the ball before)

04mzwach
03-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Miami cut Arroyo possibly to pick up Bibby

Boston fans would you pick Arroyo up as the 3rd string PG and just to get in the Heatles heads?
Hell no, we can get more hot cheerleaders with that money. :rolleyes:

sh0wtime
03-02-2011, 12:00 AM

For Miami Lebron has been most often having the ball in his hands in those situations whether it was to make an assist/pass to a player which Spoelstra designed or Lebron himself created or to make a basket himself, considering this then i wouldnt worry about Bibby not being used in the clutch as Lebron with the ball in his hands especially has always been known to make the right play and never turn down the open jumpshooter, heck stupidly enough he has even been criticized for being to unselfish in those situations despite any of those plays being always the right plays.

sh0wtime
03-02-2011, 12:19 AM

Around James & Wade Mike Bibby will shoot even better, open shots afterall.
This sure was the case with any shooter Lebron at least played with, all shooters that played with Lebron improved their 3PT% compared to their previous or even any of their other seasons and all of their 3PT% also decreased when Lebron didnt play with them.

rigor
03-02-2011, 12:31 AM

So the Lakers are no longer elite ? Think I saw Kobe being force fed Wade & LBJ's eggnog last Xmas.

ReturnofJPR
03-02-2011, 01:18 AM
So the Lakers are no longer elite ? Think I saw Kobe being force fed Wade & LBJ's eggnog last Xmas.

So you mention the Heat's 1 win against the Elite teams this season. :lol

Heat007
03-02-2011, 01:36 AM
As you can see its not even close, its very safe to say that anybody who thinks James has been more or even equally turnover prone as Dwyane Wade is kindof delusional or simply doesnt know what he talks about.

LeBron's average of 3.67 turnovers a game this year is a career worst.

And Lebron's seven assists a game also is his lowest in five seasons.

Anyone who has watched Heat games this year with any regularity can see that Wade CLEARLY plays his best and is his efficient self when Lebron is riding his ass on the pine.

amfirst
03-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Here we go again. Heats stans talking big about Bibby. Once he starts playing for them, they will throw him under the bus like everyone else. LeBron and a tendency to make players look like trash. Just look at Wade.

amfirst
03-02-2011, 01:39 AM
So then what leads Celtics fans to believe that Bibby will guard Rondo and not Ray?

Even worst, Ray is taller than Rondo, he will rain threes all over Bibby. :lol

mikek85
03-02-2011, 01:54 AM
All of you saying Bibby is not an upgrade, you are idiots.

And nobody is going to run circles around anybody.... some of you guys get your heads wrapped around "he's so old" "he's so young" "he can run so fast blah blah"

stfu, seriously.

ashbelly
03-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Around James & Wade Mike Bibby will shoot even better, open shots afterall.
This sure was the case with any shooter Lebron at least played with, all shooters that played with Lebron improved their 3PT% compared to their previous or even any of their other seasons and all of their 3PT% also decreased when Lebron didnt play with them.

James jones is having a career year.

oldschool4ever
03-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Here we go again. Heats stans talking big about Bibby. Once he starts playing for them, they will throw him under the bus like everyone else. LeBron and a tendency to make players look like trash. Just look at Wade.

happened in cleveland. same thing will happen in miami when they fail.

Heat007
03-02-2011, 02:02 AM
James jones is having a career year.

And Eddie House is top 6 in the NBA for 3 pt percentage.

As Mike Miller plays more and gets in shape, I expect his 3 point shooting to get back to the 50% seasons he's hit before from downtown.

oldschool4ever
03-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Oh really?

Hm? First of all i deeply appologise but im a basketball fan first and foremost, i like both of them and neither one of them is in your terms "my boy" and since facts always expose opinions (such as yours) i hence stick to only facts and not mindbogling opinions! Since you want facts in this department of yours, here you go, i present you everything:

SEASON:

Wades TO average as of 2008-09 - 3.3
Lebrons TO average as of 2008-09 - 3.3

Wades Assist/TO ratio as of 2008-09 - 1.9
Lebrons Assist/TO ratio as of 2008-09 - 2.3

Wades Assist/TO ratio this season - 1.4
Lebrons Assist/TO ratio this season - 2.0

Wade career season TO - 3.7
Lebron career season TO - 3.3

Wade career season Assist/TO ratio - 1.7
Lebron career season Assist/TO ratio - 2.1

Wades best Assist/TO ratio season - 2.2 (2008-09)
Lebrons best Assist/TO ratio season - 2.5 (2009-10)

PLAYOFFS

Wades TO playoff average as of 2008-09 - 4.3
Lebrons TO playoff average as of 2008-09 - 3.2

Wades Assist/TO playoff ratio as of 2008-09 - 1.4
Lebrons Assist/TO playoff ratio as of 2008-09 - 2.3

Wade career playoff TO - 4.2
Lebron career playoff TO - 3.7

Wade career playoff Assist/TO ratio - 1.4
Lebron career playoff Assist/TO ratio - 2.0

Wades best Assist/TO ratio playoff year - 1.5 (2005-06)
Lebrons best Assist/TO ratio playoff year - 2.7 (2008-09)

As you can see its not even close, its very safe to say that anybody who thinks James has been more or even equally turnover prone as Dwyane Wade is kindof delusional or simply doesnt know what he talks about. Not even this year has Lebron been more turnover prone despite averaging more turnovers than Wade, simply because Lebron handles the ball and facilitates much more than Wade and averages 7.2 assists a game compared to Wades 4.4 assists a game and 3.2 turnovers a game (which is Wades worst assist/TO ratio of his career despite not having the pressure of having to facilitate/handle the ball as much as Lebron or not even close to as much as Wade ever facilitated/handled the ball before)

repped for being a huge nut rider.

mikek85
03-02-2011, 02:05 AM
repped for having facts

fixed

Lebron23
03-02-2011, 02:28 AM
fixed

Just put those clowns back on your ignore lists. Heat would beat the Lakers again in the Regular Season. Chris Bosh looked like Prime Hakeem againts the Lakers front court last Christmas.

All of you saying Bibby is not an upgrade, you are idiots.

And nobody is going to run circles around anybody.... some of you guys get your heads wrapped around "he's so old" "he's so young" "he can run so fast blah blah"

stfu, seriously.

This

Harion
03-02-2011, 04:50 AM
i'm tentative on this, but i'm pretty sure Spo would not give Bibby too many minutes. Chalmers would still be starting PG. i'm willing to bet Bibby will just be played at crunch time when they need a big time 3.

ashbelly
03-02-2011, 06:45 AM
i'm tentative on this, but i'm pretty sure Spo would not give Bibby too many minutes. Chalmers would still be starting PG. i'm willing to bet Bibby will just be played at crunch time when they need a big time 3.

if he proves he can knock down shots consistently, he'll get the starting job. i'm still for chalmers and dampier coming off the bench to give the defensive energy.

ILLsmak
03-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Yea, I feel sorry for Carlos. He got shit on by the media... was the Heat scapegoat early, then he got benched and now cut. lol. People were like no he's our starting PG.

I really think the Heat would do better to run a more video game line up with LBJ or Wade as the primary ball handler and a bigger shooter SF/SG in their starting lineup. Why they haven't tried this baffles me.

-Smak

djwoody
03-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Yea, I feel sorry for Carlos. He got shit on by the media... was the Heat scapegoat early, then he got benched and now cut. lol. People were like no he's our starting PG.

I really think the Heat would do better to run a more video game line up with LBJ or Wade as the primary ball handler and a bigger shooter SF/SG in their starting lineup. Why they haven't tried this baffles me.

-Smak

:confusedshrug:

it worked well when i tried it in 2k11, but I think they dont do it coz Wade and LeBron both said they dont want to play PG

dirkdiggler41
03-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Mike Bibby is what the Heat need. He is a great shooter, but the most importent thing is that he got playoff experince and is a real NBA vet. He has been there before. Chalmers and Carlos has never been in the situtions that Bibby has been in. Great move by the Heat.

InfiniteBaskets
03-02-2011, 10:33 AM

-Smak

It's too bad because Arroyo did all he could do given his age and ability. His shooting percentage from 3 was refreshingly surprising. He just couldn't revert back to his 25 year old body and attack like he used to.

Vancouver-Grizz
03-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Any one who thinks Bibby is not a better fit then Arroyos is completely insane. Defense can be fixed with help from LeBron and Wade.

Having someone like Bibby bring veteran leadership whichs this team clearly lacks. Bibby can get the offense running and can handle the pressure situations. Having LeBron and Wade run point was never really the Heat's plan when they brought them over.

Again, Bibby is battle tested and it can only be a good thing to bring him on board.

I hate the Heat and even I can clearly see Bibby is a GREAT addition to the team. Anyone who thinks Arroyos is a better fit should give yourself a shake.

Meticode
03-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Damn, Arroyo gets the short end of the stick there. He thought he was going to get a shot at a championship then gets waived.

I skimmed through the thread and didn't notice, but will Chalmers still be starting? Or do they plan to work Bibby into the starting lineup eventually?

Meticode
03-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Any one who thinks Bibby is not a better fit then Arroyos is completely insane. Defense can be fixed with help from LeBron and Wade.

Having someone like Bibby bring veteran leadership whichs this team clearly lacks. Bibby can get the offense running and can handle the pressure situations. Having LeBron and Wade run point was never really the Heat's plan when they brought them over.

Again, Bibby is battle tested and it can only be a good thing to bring him on board.

I hate the Heat and even I can clearly see Bibby is a GREAT addition to the team. Anyone who thinks Arroyos is a better fit should give yourself a shake.
You never know, it's a paper thing and looks right, but you don't know what the product will be until they're actually on the court playing. Bibby could come on the team and start shooting only 25-30% behind the line and be a bad upgrade over Arroyo.

I remember something similar happening with Antawn Jamison last year when he got to the Cavaliers. For his career and that season he was shooting his free throws well into the 70 percentile, sometimes 80 percentile, but for whatever damn reason once he got to the cavaliers he was shooting over 50% for the rest of the season. If he ever made two free throws in a row I cheered because it almost never happened after he got traded.

Kurosawa0
03-02-2011, 03:20 PM
They're basically upgrading what Eddie House does. He'll spread the floor and give the Heat some of the firepower they'll need. Unlike House though, Miller can actually play the point. They need a point guard at the end of close games.

This should be a nice addition for Miami. It doesn't put them over the top or anything, but they're probably a better team now than they were yesterday.

Rose
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
I still cannot see this working.

When's he expected to play?

AMISTILLILL
03-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Mike Bibby is what the Heat need. He is a great shooter, but the most importent thing is that he got playoff experince and is a real NBA vet. He has been there before. Chalmers and Carlos has never been in the situtions that Bibby has been in. Great move by the Heat.

He's been there before? Wade and Bron have both been further in the playoffs than Bibby ever has.

All Net
03-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I still cannot see this working.

When's he expected to play?
Why wouldn't it work? A good shooter who can handle the ball and offense. Perfect to me.

Rose
03-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Why wouldn't it work? A good shooter who can handle the ball and offense. Perfect to me.
Because he's a streaky shooter that's better with the ball in his hands, except from three, which he's good at catch and shoot.

bdreason
03-02-2011, 05:14 PM
The more I think about it, the more I like this for Miami.

Bibby fits this teams needs like a glove. He can play off the ball, and shoot the 3 ball. He makes good decisions with the ball, and can create plays with his passing ability. And he's a veteran who isn't going to get rattled come playoff time.

Kingsfans818
03-02-2011, 07:19 PM
if nothing else he's better than House

Nastradamus
03-02-2011, 07:19 PM
He's been there before? Wade and Bron have both been further in the playoffs than Bibby ever has.

He's been to multiple CFs and has generally played in a ton of playoff games.

insidehoops
03-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Bibby to Heat just became official, announced by the team 5 minutes ago:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7288

gigidalessio
03-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Mike Bibby is what the Heat need

I agree...

And now they have him:applause:

dirkdiggler41
03-02-2011, 08:06 PM

Yea. Not in the finals, but he is a playoff vet. Imo he would have been in the finals if the Kings played in the east. He also got more playoff games then Bron and Wade.

FatComputerNerd
03-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow, the Heat just got much better. This could put them over the top.

ThaSwagg3r
03-02-2011, 10:50 PM
He adds more offense to the Heat, because he is a consistent shooter unlike Chalmers and Arroyo. He shoots a higher 3p% than he does Fg%. But PG's like Rose and Rondo are going to have an even easier team against the Heat now. Guy is just a straight up terrible defender.

AMISTILLILL
03-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Countdown to people blaming Bibby for the Heat losing consecutive games in a row begins tomorrow.

Lebron23
03-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Countdown to people blaming Bibby for the Heat losing consecutive games in a row begins tomorrow.

Heat are 22-6 at home.

AMISTILLILL
03-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Heat are 22-6 at home.

..? That's not to convey that they'll lose tomorrow. I mean the countdown until people start blaming Bibby begins when they officially sign him.

nashisbest
03-03-2011, 01:04 AM
arroyo doesnt play much during Heat's winning streaks so Bibby can't do damage there

this is definitely a good move

comerb
03-03-2011, 01:13 AM
He adds more offense to the Heat, because he is a consistent shooter unlike Chalmers and Arroyo. He shoots a higher 3p% than he does Fg%. But PG's like Rose and Rondo are going to have an even easier team against the Heat now. Guy is just a straight up terrible defender.

He's a better defender than Arroyo.

knightfall88
03-03-2011, 06:06 AM
It will take him a while to learn the Heat offense i.e. go to the corner and shut the fck up and shoot

DuMa
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
It will take him a while to learn the Heat offense i.e. go to the corner and shut the fck up and shoot
Lol thats pretty much the gist of it

Funnyfuka
03-03-2011, 04:34 PM
lol he spent most of the time on the bench how is he one of your favorites? he almost did nothing for the team so far.

they seem confused, swaping shit players for other shit players... makes no sense, we all know they need bigs, and that lebron and wade are redundant. LEbron being better than wade they should trade wade and a lot of the shitiest players of the team for some decent bigs.

Kil
03-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I think it's a good move...

Eat Like A Bosh
03-03-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't think this is much of an upgrade.
Bibby right now is around Chamers level.

PJR
03-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I don't think this is much of an upgrade.
Bibby right now is around Chamers level.

Bibby is much better than Chalmers. Just has far more 'court credence' and basketball IQ. He's also a much more steadier ball handler. Defense is wash. There's really no argument.

bagelred
03-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Did they waive Arroyo in spanish or in english?

DixieNourmous
03-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Heat are 22-7 at home.

fixed

nbacardDOTnet
03-04-2011, 03:44 AM
waived Carlos Arroyo for this "Air" Bibby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1beYphgpk#t=3m7s

crisoner
03-04-2011, 03:47 AM

LOL

They are on Bosh right now.

thejumpa
03-04-2011, 03:00 PM
My light skinned brotha Mike Bibby....damn he brings back memories of those epic Kings/Lakers series. Good stuff. He'll defintely help Miami out at the point.