PDA

View Full Version : Nenad Krstic > Kendrick Perkins

Grinder
03-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Krstic fits in with the Celtics system better than K-Perk and it's pretty apparent from his first few games. Sure, Perk is one of the best low post defenders in the game but he's poor finisher for his size and is extremely, extremely limited offensively to the point where he's almost a liability on this side of the court. People automatically assume Krstic is a soft, Euro jump shooting big but his post defense is actually very solid and he defends the pick and roll effectively. His ability to space the floor and knock down J's has also allowed Rondo more space to work with on the floor and KG and Pierce also have more room to operate int he low post. Krstic is also a better finisher than Perk around the basket as well as being a near 80% FT shooter.

Krstic as a 1st big off the bench should work out really well for the Cs.

5 games with the Cs so far: 12 points/5 rebounds on 57% from the field in only 25 mpg.

FindingTim
03-07-2011, 12:38 AM
He is better than people realize- always plays well when I see him...

CJ Mustard
03-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Krstic fits in with the Celtics system better than K-Perk and it's pretty apparent from his first few games. Sure, Perk is one of the best low post defenders in the game but he's poor finisher for his size and is extremely, extremely limited offensively to the point where he's almost a liability on this side of the court. People automatically assume Krstic is a soft, Euro jump shooting big but his post defense is actually very solid and he defends the pick and roll effectively. His ability to space the floor and knock down J's has also allowed Rondo more space to work with on the floor and KG and Pierce also have more room to operate int he low post. Krstic is also a better finisher than Perk around the basket as well as being a near 80% FT shooter.

http://mt.nesn.com/.a/6a0115709f071f970b0133f4a5a246970b-400wi

Bigsmoke
He's not stopping Rose

t-rex

5 games with the Cs so far: 12 points/5 rebounds on 57% from the field in only 25 mpg.

I'm shocked at how well Krstic has played. He actually needs more minutes. But his time is cut short because he has been in foul trouble a few times. So far I think he has outperformed Green. What a great find for Doc and Ainge.

FindingTim
03-07-2011, 12:40 AM

In that picture Jermaine looks like a character from that Disney show "Dinosaurs" from the 90's...

Grinder

You think JO is going to play over Krstic? :oldlol:

I said first big off the bench, meaning once Shaq gets off the floor.

Hittin_Shots

Did you see when JO was playing?

magnax1
03-07-2011, 12:41 AM
He is better than people realize- always plays well when I see him...
Yeah, he's pretty good. If I remember correctly he was a 17 ppg scorer in NJ before a massive injury. However in terms of defense and rebounding, he's pretty useless.

Bandito
03-07-2011, 12:42 AM

That's what I been saying all this time. He's not the best but he is solid in the paint. And he has game on the offensive side too. The trade along with Green was underrated IMO. The Celtics did a 'Gasol' trade :applause:

Bigsmoke
03-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Awww it's nice to see you're always thinking of your butt buddy Rose even when he's not mentioned.

Krstic cant protect the paint like Perkins can. I'm not scared of him.

Real Men Wear Green
03-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Krstic cant protect the paint like Perkins can. I'm not scared of him.
Defense is often overlooked. I'm sure that Krstic will put up better numbers as a scorer, is a better scorer, and will make the offense more effective. Perhaps enough to prove himself better than Perk. But the Cs won a Championship with Perk at center. People shouldn't disregard what Perk contributed over a few wins in the regular season. Is a win over the Bogutless Bucks really that impressive? Rondo didn't wake up until the 4th, if he had been his normal self the game is probably a laugher.

And if the Bucks had Bogut the Cs may well have missed Perk's D bigtime.

IGOTGAME
03-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Im a lot happier that LAL will be driving to the basket and facing Kritic instead of Perkins...

bluechox2
03-07-2011, 12:55 AM
whatever makes you sleep at night

jlauber
03-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Yeah, he's pretty good. If I remember correctly he was a 17 ppg scorer in NJ before a massive injury. However in terms of defense and rebounding, he's pretty useless.

This. Perkins will be missed...just as he was in game seven last year.

Micku
03-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Perkins is a better defender and rebounder. Krstic is a better offensive player.

While the Perkins lost was big, his injuries would've kept him down. Krstic is better now since Perk is injured. Plus, Jeff Green is a better spark out of the bench than Nate. The Celts biggest lost would be Shaq. Shaq needs to be ready to go imo, but they don't know when he will be back. JO could be that "other" guy to foul ppl.

ballup
Defense is often overlooked. I'm sure that Krstic will put up better numbers as a scorer, is a better scorer, and will make the offense more effective. Perhaps enough to prove himself better than Perk. But the Cs won a Championship with Perk at center. People shouldn't disregard what Perk contributed over a few wins in the regular season. Is a win over the Bogutless Bucks really that impressive? Rondo didn't wake up until the 4th, if he had been his normal self the game is probably a laugher.

Have you not forgotten? Bogut ate Perk alive whenever they matched up.

But back onto the topic. Offensively, Krystic provides a better flow on offense than Perk since he has range and moves much better as a result of that. Defensively, Krystic isn't the enforcer that Perk is. It can go either way imo, but since Perk is currently injured, Krystic > Perk.

Real Men Wear Green
Im a lot happier that LAL will be driving to the basket and facing Kritic instead of Perkins...
LA will probably also have to face Shaq. And Jeff Green should be a better match for Odom coming off the bench. Overall the trade will have been an improvement if O'Neal can play in the postseason.

StroShow4
03-07-2011, 01:03 AM
....tried to tell you people this was a great trade for the Celtics.... most of you laughed at me. What's Perkins doing down in OKC? Oh yeah, he's not even healthy.

AMISTILLILL
03-07-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm feeling so relieved about this trade, but I wouldn't be ready to start saying "Kendrick who?" just yet. A new trade can go two ways: this sort of honey moon period or the Arenas situation in Orlando where shit just AIN'T working. Boston may just have the pleasure of the former scenario.

We shall see. So far I'm loving what I'm seeing. It's as if Green and Krstic have been here since training camp.

PowerGlove
03-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Kristic was on his way to being an All-Star before the knee injury years ago, I always knew he was a good player in and now he's getting his chance.

nightprowler10
03-07-2011, 01:07 AM
They'll miss Perkins against Orlando.

Stuckey
03-07-2011, 01:08 AM
joakim noah, andrew bynum is going to rape him

Bigsmoke
03-07-2011, 01:09 AM

i mean yes, his offense interferes with the opposing team's defense a lot more so the Big Perk brings to the table but we saw what he made out of in New Jersey and in OKC. Perkins to me is more of a game changer because of his defense and anger. Doc may have to increase KG's minutes because of Kendrick's departure.

Bulls vs Celtics should be an interesting series. I hope Boozer steps up by then because he has been playing average basketball since the All Star break.

StroShow4
They'll miss Perkins against Orlando.

Kendrick Perkins isn't stopping Dwight Howard. No one is. Orlando will lose because they'll clank too many threes.

nightprowler10
This. Perkins will be missed...just as he was in game seven last year.

Exactly. LA's offensive rebounding was a huge part of the reason they were even in the game. Who knows if they're able to get that many 2nd chance points with a healthy Kendrick.

cteach111
03-07-2011, 01:10 AM
he's playing well and that's nice and all... but Celtics need big men that play D. The move will be ultimately judged by how he and Green play in the playoffs. If they are both pansies, well then we can talk about that Perkins trade again.

No matter what happens though I understand why Ainge might have traded Perkins. He's never been completely healthy in his playoff runs. The Celtics could have had problems with the Lakers in 2008 because Perkins left the game with that shoulder injury, but they ended winning that game. Then, he was injured again in 2010..

nightprowler10
03-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Kendrick Perkins isn't stopping Dwight Howard. No one is. Orlando will lose because they'll clank too many threes.

Even with Dwight's improvement on offense, I can see Kendrick doing a great job on him.

StroShow4
03-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Exactly. LA's offensive rebounding was a huge part of the reason they were even in the game. Who knows if they're able to get that many 2nd chance points with a healthy Kendrick.

Kendrick Perkins isn't even a particularly good rebounder. Cs are a bad rebounding team with or without him.

StroShow4
03-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Even with Dwight's improvement on offense, I can see Kendrick doing a great job on him.

I guess you missed Dwight eating his lunch last time they played.

Real Men Wear Green
03-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Have you not forgotten? Bogut ate Perk alive whenever they matched up.

But back onto the topic. Offensively, Krystic provides a better flow on offense than Perk since he has range and moves much better as a result of that. Defensively, Krystic isn't the enforcer that Perk is. It can go either way imo, but since Perk is currently injured, Krystic > Perk.
Bogut played well against the Cs last season but that doesn't mean he couldn't do better, and playing against a worse defender there'd be a strong chance of it. "Krstic" does not body up like Perk does. Everyone knows that Perk is one of the best man-to-man low-post defenders, if not the best. Bogut is a good offensive player so he got it going a few times. Acting like he couldn't do even more damage against a worse defender doesn't make sense.

mans1ay3r
03-07-2011, 01:13 AM
In Game 7 LA had a ton of offensive rebounds, but dont forget KG had no hops then too. So now we have a healthy KG and its not like Krstic can't get rebounds. And athletic Green that can potentially help with rebounds, and Shaq if he's healthy. JO.. lol.. why bother even mention him.

We lost tremendous defense with Perk but get offense in Krstic and Green, as well as defense. C's will be fine.

50inchvertical
03-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Kristic was on his way to being an All-Star before the knee injury years ago, I always knew he was a good player in and now he's getting his chance.
You don't make all star games just off of being able to knock down open jumpers at the 5 position, unless you're Zydraunus Ilgauskas that one time.

I think you guys will be missing Perk when the playoffs start. Perkins guarded Howard, and Gasol even, 1 on 1. With Nenad, you're going to have to help, and then that's when JRich, Arenas, Turkaglou, Reddick all hits 3 AND Howard still has his 25/15.

As a Thunder fan, I'll take the trade again if I had to, though it sucks Nate just had knee surgery and is going to be out just over a month. His defense, and even moreso while teamed up with Ibaka, is going to be downright scary for teams.

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-07-2011, 01:15 AM
He was a beast in New Jersey

MayCeltics
03-07-2011, 01:16 AM

Exactly.

C's have bigger advantages in every position but one.

Who will defend Rondo? Who will defend Pierce? Who will defend KG? Who will defend Green?

Big Baby can defend Dwight one-on-one. Then you have ShaQ & Jermaine coming back soon. Nenad will get his chance on Dwight also. Plenty of big bodies to throw at Dwight. However, Magic simply don't have answer for the Celtics.

ThaSwagg3r
03-07-2011, 01:16 AM
I didn't even realize that Krstic was only 27 years old. I thought Perkins would have had the youth factor over Krstic, but he doesn't.

I don't want to knock on Perkins. But I feel like the only reason why anybody knows who he is, is because he defended Dwight Howard really well in the playoffs. If it weren't for Howard's struggles against him, I don't know how popular Perkins would be. I am just being real here.

1987_Lakers
03-07-2011, 01:17 AM
If Shaq is out for the postseason, the C's are screwed. They still might reach the Finals, but if they meet the Lakers again there is no way they win. Sheed & Perkins to Krstic & Murphy is a huge downgrade defensively.

PowerGlove
03-07-2011, 01:17 AM
You don't make all star games just off of being able to knock down open jumpers at the 5 position, unless you're Zydraunus Ilgauskas that one time.

16 and 7 through 26 games. He was making huge strides.

Real Men Wear Green
03-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Kendrick Perkins isn't even a particularly good rebounder. Cs are a bad rebounding team with or without him.
The rebounding issues are a bit exaggerated. The Cs actually average more defensive boards than their opponents. They give up 2.5 more O-boards but the Cs are hitting 49% from the floor, so there are a lot less O-boards to be had. The net differential overall is just -0.4, it's not that bad.

Bigsmoke
03-07-2011, 01:20 AM
The rebounding issues are a bit exaggerated. The Cs actually average more defensive boards than their opponents. They give up 2.5 more O-boards but the Cs are hitting 49% from the floor, so there are a lot less O-boards to be had. The net differential overall is just -0.4, it's not that bad.

again... i cant wait to see yall in the playoffs.

we got defense and mad rebounders :rockon:

and Rose that goes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D7zdMf0Jes

StroShow4
03-07-2011, 01:20 AM

Alrighty then. My point was more about Perkins anyway. The dude isn't a very good rebounder. I've never understood why people act as if he is.

ThaSwagg3r
03-07-2011, 01:21 AM
The Celtics are set up to get no offensive rebounds. I remember the Houston Rockets with Jeff Van Gundy as their HC would do the same. The purpose of it was to get back on defense so teams don't get easy fast break points. It really is the perfect defense for the Miami Heat.

Micku
03-07-2011, 01:24 AM
joakim noah, andrew bynum is going to rape him

I don't think the Cs should worried about Noah on his O. Noah isn't really the best offensive player, but he will get his a little bit. They have to be worried about his young legs and his rebounding ability. He's also an hustle player.

Bynum is a bit of trouble. But is trouble for anybody except for big and long guys.

If you are a C fan, I wouldn't be too worried about Howard. Even though Perk did a good job on him last year, Howard manage to get his. Plus Perkins only played about 20-23 mins. It was very rare that he played 30 mins. While Howard may get his this year, but I doubt the team is better than Cs overall.

If I'm a C fan, I'll be worried about the Bulls and Lakers. The Bulls have weapons and they are big on the rebounds. The Lakers because they are the Lakers and it could go either way.

AMISTILLILL
03-07-2011, 01:25 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/al4shi.gif

Real Men Wear Green
03-07-2011, 01:26 AM
again... i cant wait to see yall in the playoffs.

we got defense and mad rebounders :rockon:

and Rose that goes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D7zdMf0Jes
Oh, no. The Cs may have to play against a team that will try and stop them from scoring.

And wants to grab loose balls after missed shots, too.

*yawn*

Please ID "your" shooting guard should the Bulls meet the Celtics in a series, I still have no idea who he is.

IGOTGAME
03-07-2011, 01:29 AM
LA will probably also have to face Shaq. And Jeff Green should be a better match for Odom coming off the bench. Overall the trade will have been an improvement if O'Neal can play in the postseason.

If they run Green at pf to matchup with Odom then the Lakers will be happy as well. Means Celtics are smaller and it allows Kobe a much easier lane to the basket.

Perkins was a uniquely intimidating player who played good defense. I like Kristic's game but Kobe finishes over and around him like its nothing. Also, Shaq's health is in question and Kobe seems to draw fouls on shaq easily.

I'm routing for the Celtics now because I think they are most favorable matchup for the Lakers.

AMISTILLILL
03-07-2011, 01:30 AM
If they run Green at pf to matchup with Odom then the Lakers will be happy as well. Means Celtics are smaller and it allows Kobe a much easier lane to the basket.

Perkins was a uniquely intimidating player who played good defense. I like Kristic's game but Kobe finishes over and around him like its nothing. Also, Shaq's health is in question and Kobe seems to draw fouls on shaq easily.

I'm routing for the Celtics now because I think they are most favorable matchup for the Lakers.

I'll take Green all day, every day over Odom. Odom only shows up to the game about a third of the time as it is, Green is young and motivated.

IGOTGAME
03-07-2011, 01:34 AM
I'll take Green all day, every day over Odom. Odom only shows up to the game about a third of the time as it is, Green is young and motivated.

Odom not showing up is still better than Green. I take it you haven't watch much of Green's career yet. If there big idea is to run Green at the 4 then I feel sorry for Celtics fans.

Green's should be used off the bench to come in for Pierce and play tough defense and provide energy.

AMISTILLILL
03-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Odom not showing up is still better than Green. I take it you haven't watch much of Green's career yet. If there big idea is to run Green at the 4 then I feel sorry for Celtics fans.

Green's should be used off the bench to come in for Pierce and play tough defense and provide energy.

Which is exactly what they do. The odds of them running Green at the 4 are unlikely in the playoffs especially if guys like Shaq and JO are back in the fold.

I still take Green. Or is everybody back on the bandwagon where we pretend Odom isn't public enemy #1 for the Lakers fanbase about 60% of the time?

DeronMillsap
03-07-2011, 01:38 AM
It's only been 5 games against non-playoff/borderline playoff teams so let's wait and see how they do against good playoff teams.

P.S. I agree with what 1987 Lakers and BigSmoke said in this thread.

Bigsmoke
03-07-2011, 01:38 AM
It's only been 5 games against non-playoff/borderline playoff teams so let's wait and see how they do against good playoff teams.

lol cool Avy picture

1987_Lakers
03-07-2011, 01:39 AM
not sure if retard

AMISTILLILL
03-07-2011, 01:41 AM
not sure if retard

Yeah, you're right. Odom is playing the best basketball of his career, has the heart of a lion and unmatched will and determination to win. His wife is also gorgeous.

Real Men Wear Green
03-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Odom was a match-up problem before and Green makes him less of one. Bryant would still have every Celtic on the floor aware of his presence.

Perkins gets plenty of fouls himself. And no matter who Bryant plays against he's going to get calls, so what does that matter? Between Shaq and KG the basket has been well-protected, as a tandem they are still a great deterrent. Shaq's health is questionable, but that's why I said, "if Shaq plays in the postseason" then the trade is an improvement.

Ok. Careful what you wish for. You'd think that people would realize that the team with 4 All-Stars and the Conference's best record is pretty dangerous, but, whatever.

OKCThunderUP
03-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Let me tell you as an OKC fan that Krstic is absolute garbage. Yeah his outside shot might be decent (at least relative to Perkins) but he plays awful defense. He can't get a rebound to save his life and every time the ball is coming off the rim he somehow managed to get boxed out of play from the ball. Like, he actually positions himself in a way that puts him behind the defender. He can't protect the paint worth a damn either. Look no further than the bad bad bad interior defense of the Thunder while he was here as evidence.

Maybe he fits Boston's system better but the notion that he's better than Perkins is absurd.

DeronMillsap
03-07-2011, 01:42 AM
:facepalm Are you f--king serious? Not even on Odom's laziest days.

AMISTILLILL
03-07-2011, 01:43 AM
:facepalm Are you f--king serious? Not even on Odom's laziest days.

Keep in mind I also despise the Lakers too.

Sup agenda.

IGOTGAME
03-07-2011, 01:51 AM
Which is exactly what they do. The odds of them running Green at the 4 are unlikely in the playoffs especially if guys like Shaq and JO are back in the fold.

I still take Green. Or is everybody back on the bandwagon where we pretend Odom isn't public enemy #1 for the Lakers fanbase about 60% of the time?

public enemy #1 or not, Odom is just a lot better than Green. Even when Odom is playing his worst, I have never thought "Wish Jeff Green was here..." Nope, that thought never crossed my mind.

AMISTILLILL
03-07-2011, 01:52 AM
public enemy #1 or not, Odom is just a lot better than Green. Even when Odom is playing his worst, I have never thought "Wish Jeff Green was here..." Nope, that thought never crossed my mind.

Cool story bro.

KDthunderup
03-07-2011, 02:02 AM
LOL wait untill the Celtics play Orlando or LA. Kristic was up against Larry Sanders today and still only got 3 rebounds in 30 minutes, thats one per 10 minutes. His interior defence is shocking and barely gets blocks, no teams will fear him.

AMISTILLILL
03-07-2011, 02:03 AM
LOL wait untill the Celtics play Orlando or LA. Kristic was up against Larry Sanders today and still only got 3 rebounds in 30 minutes, thats one per 10 minutes. His interior defence is shocking and barely gets blocks, no teams will fear him.

Epic math skills.

KDthunderup
03-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Epic math skills.Makes sense to me

MiseryCityTexas
03-07-2011, 02:17 AM
I didn't even realize that Krstic was only 27 years old. I thought Perkins would have had the youth factor over Krstic, but he doesn't.

I don't want to knock on Perkins. But I feel like the only reason why anybody knows who he is, is because he defended Dwight Howard really well in the playoffs. If it weren't for Howard's struggles against him, I don't know how popular Perkins would be. I am just being real here.

you obviously did not watch the nba finals in 2008 then smh.

raptorfan_dr07
03-07-2011, 02:39 AM
LOL wait untill the Celtics play Orlando or LA.

They did, and beat both of them.

KDthunderup
03-07-2011, 02:42 AM
They did, and beat both of them.
With Kristic at center, no.

Mirjalovic
03-07-2011, 02:58 AM
Kendrick Perkins is very underrated on here.

what ? Defense is overlooked ? Damn, you need defense in high standard to compete the championship, not only steady but must in high standard ! Remember the game 7 in last final ? Both team plays really good defense, & if Lakers or Celtics, dont play amazing defense, they will be demolished to team that play better defense.

sigh

Micku
03-07-2011, 03:29 AM
Kendrick Perkins is very underrated on here.

what ? Defense is overlooked ? Damn, you need defense in high standard to compete the championship, not only steady but must in high standard ! Remember the game 7 in last final ? Both team plays really good defense, & if Lakers or Celtics, dont play amazing defense, they will be demolished to team that play better defense.

sigh

He is being overrated now to me. His offense was never good. He was never super great on rebounds. He was no Noah. He only played about 20-23 mins in the orlando series. His defense is no Hakeem or a Howard today. He's overrated.

But, the biggest blow on the Cs was chemistry. While Perkins is a good center, a good defensive center, and a hustle player, the most important factor was that the Cs had chemistry and depth with him.

All Net
03-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Nobody said Krstic couldn't score, he can but he can not defend the paint or rebound well enough to stop great frontlines. Nor can he be that clog who can trouble guys like Rose when they attack the rim.

PaPaK
03-07-2011, 04:11 AM
Krstic > Perkins, also his defense and rebounding is underrated as is his athletic ability..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxzOMtb5_yE

CHAIR ATTACKKKK1!!!1!111one
http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Nenad-Krstic-throwds-chair-hits-Yannis-Bouroussis1.jpg

KDthunderup
03-07-2011, 04:14 AM
Krstic > Perkins, also his defense and rebounding is underrated as is his athletic ability..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxzOMtb5_yE

CHAIR ATTACKKKK1!!!1!111one
http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Nenad-Krstic-throwds-chair-hits-Yannis-Bouroussis1.jpgNot really

PaPaK
03-07-2011, 04:21 AM
yes really, in his NJ days he used to block off opposition players during rebounds thus Kidd had like 8rpg and Carter had like 6rpg, it suited the transition game they played.. its a team game and the teams he played in never had rebounding problems.. same in OKC where Durant had like 8rpg

just checked teh stats for the world championship in turkey and he was 8th re bounder of the tournament with 7.5rpg in 24min which is decent for FIBA

KDthunderup
03-07-2011, 04:24 AM
He was averaging 4.4 rebounds and 0.4 blocks with us this year, if you had watched any OKC games this year you would know his defence and rebounding are awful, why do you think most OKC fans were happy to get rid of him for Perkins.

ProfessorMurder
03-07-2011, 04:32 AM

Seriously, Perk averaged only 7.32 boards per game since the Big three came together. Nobody should be acting like he was getting 12 per game.

He's a career 6/6 player... Just saying.

twintowers
03-07-2011, 04:32 AM
He was averaging 4.4 rebounds and 0.4 blocks with us this year, if you had watched any OKC games this year you would know his defence and rebounding are awful, why do you think most OKC fans were happy to get rid of him for Perkins.

I agree with you, besides one on one perk would swallow him...

PaPaK
03-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Krstic is a very good offensive player and I know he is not the best rebounder and defender but to call him awful? thats bullshit mate, OKC team has so mah problems and Krstic was the least of them
his game is team oriented and he will block off opposition players for his teammates to get rebounds, you can say whatever you want but he is defenitely better than kendrick ****ing perkins

KDthunderup
03-07-2011, 04:38 AM
Krstic is a very good offensive player and I know he is not the best rebounder and defender but to call him awful? thats bullshit mate, OKC team has so mah problems and Krstic was the least of them
his game is team oriented and he will block off opposition players for his teammates to get rebounds, you can say whatever you want but he is defenitely better than kendrick ****ing perkinsNope Interior D was our biggest problem and that is now fixed with Green and Kristic gone.

PaPaK
03-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Ill choose a legit 7 footer who has a decent all around game for my Center position any day of the week over a 6-10 role player who isnt even that good at his main role

PaPaK
03-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Nope Interior D was our biggest problem and that is now fixed with Green and Kristic gone.
lol you sound like you got prime Ben Wallace :/

KDthunderup
03-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Please then explain why Thunder were dead last at points conceded in the paint? Kendrick is one of the better defenders at his position whilst Kristic is shit.

PaPaK
03-07-2011, 04:45 AM
its a team game you cant just blame the center for that, what about the perimeter defense? if your perimeter defense constantly lets guards attack the rim there is not much a center can do, but i wouldn't really know as i cant remember the last time i watched OKC

KDthunderup
03-07-2011, 04:59 AM
its a team game you cant just blame the center for that, what about the perimeter defense? if your perimeter defense constantly lets guards attack the rim there is not much a center can do, but i wouldn't really know as i cant remember the last time i watched OKCOur perimeter defense collapses all the time because they lack of faith they have in Kristic and Green to defend the paint which leaves players wide open from three, I believe the Thunder are one of the best at defending from mid range though, but by fixing our inside D that will also allow our players to stay on their man.

wally_world
03-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Very underrated player. But you cant deny the defensive intensity Perk/KG brought to the table together.

Shaq coming back should help, gives them a different dimension at the C spot so they can play whichever player to matchup with different teams.

thomaspynchon
03-07-2011, 07:18 AM

Because he's white, eh?

ZHAKIDD532
03-07-2011, 07:22 AM
The only reason he got away from the Nets is that he had the freak knee injury against the Lakers back in 06-07. He was making huge strides and becoming a very strong center, especially playing with Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson. After the Nets traded for Carter, they didn't really have a big, so Krstic was forced into playing and he surprised everyone.

Love watching him play and despite not liking the Celtics, I'll root for Krstic in the playoffs.

BTW you should probably thank LFrank for suggesting picking him up.

Bigsmoke
03-07-2011, 12:58 PM
his game is team oriented and he will block off opposition players for his teammates to get rebounds, you can say whatever you want but he is defenitely better than kendrick ****ing perkins

ok now he's not THAT good offensively.

his rebounding and defense is forgettable. Boozer had a field day against the Thunder.

Kevin_Gamble
03-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Rise of Kendrick Perkins to elite status has been remarkable to say the least. Even though he was injured all season, and his team got rid of him at the trade deadline, he went from being a role player to the best post defender in the history of the NBA. Unbelievable.

CJ Mustard
03-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Krstic is a huge downgrade defensively from Perk against teams with elite bigs. That being said, the Celtics are still good enough to win it all, and will more than likely win it all if they're even close to healthy.

ballup
03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
ok now he's not THAT good offensively.

his rebounding and defense is forgettable. Boozer had a field day against the Thunder.
He's much better than Perk offensively. Krystic's offense allows a better flow for the Celtics than Perk plus Krystic finishes better than Perk. And might I add that I am much more comfortable with Krystic getting fouled than Perk.

Sure Krystic's blocking rate is terrible, but he seems like he has a decent basketball iq so as long as he gets in good position and makes the scoring angle worse for the opposing team, I'm fine with that. As for the poor rebounding, he's doesn't seem too terrible for a supposedly 25 min backup center.

I like Perk and all, but he's getting overrated here.

JohnnySic
03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I like Perk and all, but he's getting overrated here.
Exactly.

People need to look at the big picture here. First of all, the trade wasn't about Krstic, it was about Green; Kristic was a very nice throw in.

Secondly, Kristic brings some elements that Perk doesn't. He has an excellent offnesive game which spreads the defense, and his sweet J out to 17 feet will pull centers (Howard) away from the basket.

He's also a legit 7', where as Perk is around 6'9".

greensmoke21
03-07-2011, 04:32 PM
**** obama

Nets fan 93
03-07-2011, 05:48 PM
The Celtics still have Garnett and Shaq's big body.

XxSMSxX
03-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Exactly.

People need to look at the big picture here. First of all, the trade wasn't about Krstic, it was about Green; Kristic was a very nice throw in.

Secondly, Kristic brings some elements that Perk doesn't. He has an excellent offnesive game which spreads the defense, and his sweet J out to 17 feet will pull centers (Howard) away from the basket.

He's also a legit 7', where as Perk is around 6'9".

i think a lot of people are missing this point right here, Perkins was incredibly undersized for the center position. Nenad is a legit 7 footer, i'll take a legit 7 footer with a damn good offensive game over a 6'9 low post defensive specialist with no offensive game to speak of

Grinder
03-07-2011, 08:04 PM
i think a lot of people are missing this point right here, Perkins was incredibly undersized for the center position. Nenad is a legit 7 footer, i'll take a legit 7 footer with a damn good offensive game over a 6'9 low post defensive specialist with no offensive game to speak of

Exactly.

People forget Shaq will be able to defend guys like Howard and easily Bynum come playoff time. As for shot blocking, JO, injuries and all, is still a very capable shot blocker.

XxSMSxX
03-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Exactly.

People forget Shaq will be able to defend guys like Howard and easily Bynum come playoff time. As for shot blocking, JO, injuries and all, is still a very capable shot blocker.

I agree, JO even tho he's not even a shell of his former self anymore is still a damn decent shot blocker. And another finisher on top of Green (who we so desperately need right now to back up Pierce) is a pretty good trade. I still don't know if Nenad is better than Perk but i know for damn sure Green is better than Nate especially considering our situation

Grinder
03-07-2011, 09:09 PM
I agree, JO even tho he's not even a shell of his former self anymore is still a damn decent shot blocker. And another finisher on top of Green (who we so desperately need right now to back up Pierce) is a pretty good trade. I still don't know if Nenad is better than Perk but i know for damn sure Green is better than Nate especially considering our situation

Another thing is, as any points as Perk might have saved them on defense is not much more than he's blown on offense. I can't count the number of times Perk's been on the receiving end of a great pass into the low post only for him to fumble it or take too long to gather himself and blow easy finishes around the rim.

Ken_Masters
03-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I like Perk, but people have amnesia. It's not just Howard who ate his lunch the last time they played. Bogut, Lopez, and any other agile big man who can shoot gives Perkins trouble. Lopez literally scored like 5 straight buckets against Perkins before the C's had to start bringing help.

Ken_Masters
03-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Btw...why are people acting like Krstic is the starter instead of O'neal?

XxSMSxX
03-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Another thing is, as any points as Perk might have saved them on defense is not much more than he's blown on offense. I can't count the number of times Perk's been on the receiving end of a great pass into the low post only for him to fumble it or take too long to gather himself and blow easy finishes around the rim.

I still have no idea how in like the 7 or whatever years he's been in the league he still hasn't learned that when you get the ball and you are DIRECTLY under the rim you don't take no damn power dribble or gather yourself. You go straight up and slam that **** in there. I've gotten so pissed over Perkins doing this over the years it almost doesn't even surprise me when he does it anymore

t-rex
03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I still have no idea how in like the 7 or whatever years he's been in the league he still hasn't learned that when you get the ball and you are DIRECTLY under the rim you don't take no damn power dribble or gather yourself. You go straight up and slam that **** in there. I've gotten so pissed over Perkins doing this over the years it almost doesn't even surprise me when he does it anymore
:applause:
:roll:

Its almost like a nervous twitch. I don't think he could help it. But my goodness it was aggravating to watch. Especially considering Perk was not a good FT shooter.

eliteballer
03-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Perkins undersized? In what universe. The guy didnt look small next to Shaq.

XxSMSxX
03-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Perkins undersized? In what universe. The guy didnt look small next to Shaq.

7'2 >>>>>> 6'9 with short ass arms

eliteballer
03-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Perkins is listed 6-10 and 280 while Krstic is 7-0 240, and Perkins averages twice as many blocks career-wise, despite coming out of high school.

Ken_Masters
03-07-2011, 09:44 PM
7'2 >>>>>> 6'9 with short ass arms

LOL....since the trade, Perkins is suddenly all decade defense, a great rebounder, and stands about 7'2" tall. People crack me up. They're trying their hardest to make the C's look weaker for making the trade. Sorry folks, it's not happening. Once O'neal comes back (who is the starter, NOT Krstic) the paint will be locked up once again.

ihatetimthomas
03-07-2011, 09:47 PM
I think Perkins and KG provided one of the best defensive bigmen in the NBA. No one was getting in the paint along with the perimeter D of Boston. And it was a proven formula that worked. They won the chip with him at center and they were a game away from the title last year. You can argue all you want that Krstic/Green makes them better, but fact remains that we know what the Celtics were capable of with Perkins. At that's a title. And we don't know what the Celtics are capable of with Krstic and Green so I am really wondering how people can feel that these guys are a better fit for the team. In all honesty they have no clue what these guys are going to do for them in the playoffs.

XxSMSxX
03-07-2011, 09:50 PM
LOL....since the trade, Perkins is suddenly all decade defense, a great rebounder, and stands about 7'2" tall. People crack me up. They're trying their hardest to make the C's look weaker for making the trade. Sorry folks, it's not happening. Once O'neal comes back (who is the starter, NOT Krstic) the paint will be locked up once again.

Perkins was not particularly good at protecting the paint in the first place. He was just RIDICULOUSLY good at defending the low post. Still i wouldn't mind having the big fella back :cry:

HylianNightmare
03-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Just glad perk is gone

Ken_Masters
03-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Perkins was not particularly good at protecting the paint in the first place. He was just RIDICULOUSLY good at defending the low post. Still i wouldn't mind having the big fella back :cry:

Perkins is as strong as an ox. When he goes up against centers who are not agile, he wins that strength battle easily. The reason why he routinely struggles against players like Lopez and Bogut is because they are crafty and can get their shots off against him. The guy is as solid of a defender as they come. He doesn't miss rotations, and he doesn't make mistakes on the defensive end. But i'm amazed at people who are acting as though he is Dikembe Mutumbo or Ben Wallace in their primes.

Shaq will defend Bynum, Gasol, and Howard better than Perkins could because of his massive size and height. Sounds crazy to some, but people just have to wait and see.

Jasper
03-07-2011, 10:40 PM
yes really, in his NJ days he used to block off opposition players during rebounds thus Kidd had like 8rpg and Carter had like 6rpg, it suited the transition game they played.. its a team game and the teams he played in never had rebounding problems.. same in OKC where Durant had like 8rpg

just checked teh stats for the world championship in turkey and he was 8th re bounder of the tournament with 7.5rpg in 24min which is decent for FIBA
Glad you pointed this out. Kristic was a vG center back in the Nets days.
I was shocked when he left the NBA.
When he was rehired, and the thunder picked him up , I didn't see the same player.
Once he was with the Celtic's though , they play more half court sets and slower pace , he immediately showed his game again. He blocks off opponents farther out than Perkins does by man handling them dowm low.
-----------
I think it's a wash when it comes to the trade. Age is really the only factor.
But the real prize is Green. He will replace Pierce down the road.
And for Laker defenders : Kristic will stiff body farther out in the low post Pau or Bynum. Which means either big the Lakers have , will have to put the ball on the floor to get around Kristic.

JGXEN
03-07-2011, 11:13 PM
I think Krstic's offensive edge over Perk will help soften some impact of weaker post defense

Grinder
03-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Perkins is as strong as an ox. When he goes up against centers who are not agile, he wins that strength battle easily. The reason why he routinely struggles against players like Lopez and Bogut is because they are crafty and can get their shots off against him. The guy is as solid of a defender as they come. He doesn't miss rotations, and he doesn't make mistakes on the defensive end. But i'm amazed at people who are acting as though he is Dikembe Mutumbo or Ben Wallace in their primes.

Shaq will defend Bynum, Gasol, and Howard better than Perkins could because of his massive size and height. Sounds crazy to some, but people just have to wait and see.

My point exactly.

People are overrating the impact of Perk's defense.

LA_Showtime
03-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Offensively. Perkins is 5x the defender Krstic is, though. I'm beginning to think that won't matter. The Celtics were already ridiculously efficient. Now that they have four true threats on the floor, along with a top 5 point guard... well, they're going to be hard to stop.

XxSMSxX
03-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Oh i agree, it's pretty much what i've been seeing over the past 3-4 years with the guy

PaPaK
03-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Krstic had 20 points on 10 shots today along with 9 rebounds (6 offensive) +1blk and 1stl against the Clippers.. just sayin

JohnnySic
03-10-2011, 07:53 AM
From what I've seen from Krstic these past few games, I can say definitively that he's a better overall player than Kendrick Perkins.

The End.

All Net
03-10-2011, 08:06 AM
From what I've seen from Krstic these past few games, I can say definitively that he's a better overall player than Kendrick Perkins.

The End.

offensively yes but thats where it ends.

Harison
03-10-2011, 08:08 AM

The End.
True, plus considering Garnett's influence, its safe to assume Kristic wont be defensive liability in the near future too.

knightfall88
03-10-2011, 08:39 AM
He got dunked on by Jordan and Griffin today. But he will pick it up with physical defense eventually, the celtics will make sure of that.

dirkdiggler41
03-10-2011, 08:39 AM
The teams to beat in the east is Heat and Bulls. Against the Heat, Krstic will have a field day. Perkins would not have done so much against becaus he cant score and his post-defense wont matter. His help defense would help a lot, but he would most likely just be a big body that would pick up cheap fouls against Bron and Wade.
Its the same with the bulls, Noah wont score much in the paint, but he will need to stay home more on defense becaus of Krstic.
With the Magic series, not much will happend. Howard will get his and they will lose.

ThunderKat
03-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Krstic is a better player than many gave him credit for. Trades are meant to work in the favor of both teams. This trade may be the exception, but we will see. However, that doesn't mean he's anywhere near the player Perkins is. Perkins can shut down the paint, which Krstic could never do against LA.

The fairness of this tade will be seen if Green can really help out the C's and to see what a healthy Perkins can bring to OKC. Without Green or Perkins, they are playing handicapped. Perkins should be the difference to carry them deeper into the playoffs.

DeronMillsap
03-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Krstic had 20 points on 10 shots today along with 9 rebounds (6 offensive) +1blk and 1stl against the Clippers.. just sayin
That's good but he also gave up 21 points to DeAndre Jordan, who is barely averaging 7 PPG. A week ago he got torched by Al Jefferson.

and neither Jordan or Jefferson are top elite centers.

Bigsmoke
03-10-2011, 11:47 AM

wasn't he defending De'Andre Jordan.

what did he get?

DRose1899
03-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Krstic make DeAndre looks like Bynum today, who know what he makes the real Bynum look like :lol

JohnnySic
03-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Krstic make DeAndre looks like Bynum today, who know what he makes the real Bynum look like

*AHEM*

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c506253ef0148c8750b9f970c-320wi

Shaq: "'Drew, I'm your father"

Andy: "Damn I wish I was still going at Millsap or Nene"

BlackWhiteGreen
03-10-2011, 01:31 PM
*AHEM*

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c506253ef0148c8750b9f970c-320wi

Shaq: "'Drew, I'm your father"

Andy: "Damn I wish I was still going at Millsap or Nene"

I can't see Shaq so he must not exist!!1

KDthunderup
03-11-2011, 04:22 AM
Watch how easily Kristic is abused by Bynum here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mb2M4uaDOo

That shit would of got us nowhere in the playoffs this year, and watch how the how defence is drawn in because of Kristic inept defence leaving open jump shooters.

PaPaK
03-11-2011, 06:10 AM
thats just one play, it doesn't prove anything.

boxscore from that match
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=ArrD0HytKxSIjH8OyhzJW96mxMEF?gid=201 0041813

Bigsmoke
03-11-2011, 09:20 AM
thats just one play, it doesn't prove anything.

boxscore from that match
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=ArrD0HytKxSIjH8OyhzJW96mxMEF?gid=201 0041813

yup. Gasol and Bynum sucked up all the rebounds

bagelred
03-11-2011, 09:25 AM
I barely have seen Kristic play for Thunder/Celtics, but I really liked his game when he was on the Nets. At one point, Nets players were saying it should be the "Big 4" instead of the "Big 3" in NJ. (Kidd/VC/RJ/Nenad).

But he definitely isn't a defensive player. So you'll be disappointed if you expect him to replace Perkins in that way.

I'm still shocked both that Celtics both traded Perkins AND didn't want to give him extension. Even weakening chance at title a little is just strange. When did Boston become a penny pinching franchise?

JohnnySic
03-11-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm still shocked both that Celtics both traded Perkins AND didn't want to give him extension. Even weakening chance at title a little is just strange. When did Boston become a penny pinching franchise?
I dont know what Ainge's plan is, but it would appear that they are looking forward to the '12 free agent class, when KG and Allen come off the books. They didn't want to be committed to Both Rondo and Perkins for sizeable money.

Hittin_Shots
03-11-2011, 09:35 AM
I barely have seen Kristic play for Thunder/Celtics, but I really liked his game when he was on the Nets. At one point, Nets players were saying it should be the "Big 4" instead of the "Big 3" in NJ. (Kidd/VC/RJ/Nenad).

But he definitely isn't a defensive player. So you'll be disappointed if you expect him to replace Perkins in that way.

They offered him what they could afford... He was playin the market come end of year anyhow and he's riddled with injury....

PaPaK
03-12-2011, 06:50 AM
16 points and 15 rebounds today for Krstic although its on 15-6 shooting, and Green had 18 points and 4 rebounds, shooting 14-7.. cant believe they lost

icewill36
03-12-2011, 07:14 AM
16 points and 15 rebounds today for Krstic although its on 15-6 shooting, and Green had 18 points and 4 rebounds, shooting 14-7.. cant believe they lost

i can.....

MMM
03-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Krstic is the better offensive player. I love his hands as he has a great ability of actually catching Rondo/KG's difficult interior passes. From what I've seen he seems to be the better rebounder and he defends the pick and roll better. Where Perk has the advantage is his post defense and his intimidation factor.

Rnbizzle
03-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Don't the recently lost games say enough?

Eat Like A Bosh
03-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Well Kristic ain't that bad, like Darko Millic.
But imagine him as a poor man's Gasol.

Derka
03-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Don't the recently lost games say enough?

No, they don't. Not if you watched them anyway. The entire team is dogging it on both ends of the floor.

PaPaK
03-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Krstic shoots 5 of 8, scores 11 points and grabs 14 rebounds (not bad for
someone who "cant rebound".. idiots), outplays Bogut.

dont think he had one bad game since coming to Boston?

JohnnySic
03-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Krstic has been great. Excellent rebounder, hits the offensive glass, fairly large offensive repertoire. His man defense needs improvement but that will come with familiarality. You can teach defensive schemes, and really, defense is largely effort and hustle anyway.

PaPaK
03-14-2011, 10:43 AM
yeh.. even i was surprised by his offensive rebound numbers

last 5 games: 15 ppg 9.4 rpg on 60% shooting

Mirjalovic
03-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Lol, Nenad build his newfound of confidence in Boston.

good for him. He was a good Center until the injury.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-14-2011, 10:53 AM
He scores well and gets easy looks because he's playing with the big 4. If Perk was talented in any way offensively he could have averaged those numbers too, though I think he got 10 ppg one season, Krstic on a new team is averaging much better than that. Baby is back now, and once Shaq is too, we will have the best 4 man big rotation in the league (mainly because the Lakers don't have a 4th big... :lol).

Harison
03-14-2011, 11:09 AM
I like how fast Kristic is adjusting to the new team, and Big4 doesnt mind to give him plenty of touches, and he rebounds excellently, much better than I expected. If Perk would be half as smart and skilled as Kristic, Celtics would have been Big5 :oldlol:

PaPaK
03-14-2011, 12:13 PM
whats the general opinion on Sasha Pavlovic?

Rnbizzle
03-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Sucks.

PistonsFan#21
03-14-2011, 12:19 PM

All i remember him for is when Mike Brown asked him to play harder on defense and Plavovic replied: "My offense is my defense"

And then he got benched for a few games :lol

but that was back when he was with the Cavs with Lebron, Larry Hughes and Damon Jones

JohnnySic
03-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Haven't seen enough of him but he should contribute...

PaPaK
03-14-2011, 12:23 PM
i remember he had one decent season for the Cavs after which Lebron publicly asked him to re-sign or something like that, think his contract expired or he wanted to go back to Europe.. just checked now i think it was after 06-07 season he had 9ppg

from wiki

2006-2007

In 67 games played (28 starts) in 2006-07, Pavlović averaged a career high 9.0 points, along with 2.4 rebounds and 1.6 assists. He scored 20 points or more on seven occasions, including a new career-high 25 points on March 13, 2007 against the Sacramento Kings.[6] Approximately two weeks later, Pavlović had a career high six three point field goals made (of 7 attempts) against the New York Knicks.[7]

After occasional starts in the beginning of 2007, Pavlović was installed as the Cavaliers' starting shooting guard on March 1, 2007 and started the remaining 24 regular season games. As a starter, Pavlović averaged 12.7 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists.

Pavlović started all 20 of Cavaliers' 2007 playoff games. He had playoff highs of 17 points in a game 2 victory over the New Jersey Nets in the Eastern Conference Semifinals[8] and nine rebounds in a Game 5 overtime victory over the Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals.[9]
[edit] 2007-2008

In the 2007 offseason Pavlović was a restricted free agent. On November 2, 2007 after nearly a month holdout he signed a three year, $13.7 million extension with the Cavaliers.[10]

'Toine=MVP
03-14-2011, 12:25 PM

At this point he's playing with a lot of rust. I don't think the Celtics will need him other than for the occasional 3-5 minute stretch of a playoff game when all the other players capable of playing the 2 or 3 are in foul trouble or banged up.

The Celts basically have no true backup SG, but Pierce can shift there and play the wing alongside Jeff Green, and Delonte West is pretty much a classic combo guard that can defend some SG who are a little bigger than himself. Plus the C's can play Rondo and Arroyo together if Sasha doesn't come around, though that will be a problem vs. teams with good relatively tall SG, like the Lakers in particular.

I didn't have any real expectations for Sasha or Troy Murphy. But the Celtics will need both to at least get comfortable being on the court and taking wide open shots, because they both could get called on in case of an injury or significant foul trouble.

Lebron23
03-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Krstic is a better offensive player than Perkins, but Perkins is much better defensively.

That's why I think the Heat beat the Celtics in 7 games because LeBron and Wade are no longer afraid to attack the basket. Perkins is a good team defender, and he has a better game face than Krstic.

PaPaK
03-15-2011, 05:18 AM
perkins is shit.

Lebron23
03-15-2011, 08:52 AM
perkins is shit.

Thunder are 7-2 after acquiring him from Boston.

Real Men Wear Green
03-15-2011, 09:03 AM
perkins is shit.
This is nonsense, just mindless trolling. However,
Thunder are 7-2 after acquiring him from Boston.Isn't good posting either. He's only played in one game, so how is that relevant? Did you know that he has been injured? Because if so, while your post wasn't exactly a lie, it was misinformative in the extreme and speaks badly of you as a poster.

Bandito
03-15-2011, 09:31 AM
This is nonsense, just mindless trolling. However,Isn't good posting either. He's only played in one game, so how is that relevant? Did you know that he has been injured? Because if so, while your post wasn't exactly a lie, it was misinformative in the extreme and speaks badly of you as a poster.
He's not the smartest cookie so give him a break:(

hwliuLAP
03-15-2011, 10:05 AM
they wouldn't have made the trade had Perkins sign the extension, so..... think about that.

Real Men Wear Green
03-15-2011, 10:42 AM
they wouldn't have made the trade had Perkins sign the extension, so..... think about that.
It was definitely not a deal any of us would have envisioned a year ago. I know I thought Perkins was going to be retained, even after the extension was rejected. But that doesn't mean the team was hurt. Green and Krstic have been real contributors, Krstic is giving 12 and 7 as the starting center and Green is averaging 10 ppg off the bench. Perk's shot blocking is missed and will be missed. The nature of the team has shifted slightly from defense to offense. But that's not necessarily a downgrade. If you have KG and Shaq as your starting 4 and 5, you're still going to be a tough team.