PDA

View Full Version : why no hype over potential lottery pick Chandler Parsons?

STATUTORY
03-07-2011, 08:39 PM
referred by many analyst to be a white man's Tayshaun Prince. Chandler Parsons is a senior at Florida that will be hitting the NBA draft this year.

A lot of guys closed to the game are projecting him to be this generation's Larry bird.

Parsons' 6ft 10 with legit handles, great court vision, speed, wet shooting stroke and ability to score in the post.

http://www.boozecrewsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/chandler-parsons.jpg

This boi should be goin top 10. If he slips from there that's the steal of the decade

QuebecBaller
03-07-2011, 08:50 PM
another next Larry Bird?

How many players were supposed to be the next white Larry Bird? :D

STATUTORY
03-07-2011, 08:59 PM
well this kid has real skills. Dominating the SEC, blackest most ahtletic conference in bball, this year

InspiredLebowski
03-07-2011, 09:00 PM
No one is saying any of that. Your agenda is wearing thin.

Big One
03-07-2011, 09:04 PM
referred by many analyst to be a white man's Tayshaun Prince. Chandler Parsons is a senior at Florida that will be hitting the NBA draft this year.

This boi should be goin top 10. If he slips from there that's the steal of the decade

So basically thats just another way of saying "a poor man's Tayshaun Prince"

KB2clutch
03-07-2011, 09:13 PM
hes white nuff said, the only white guy i would waste a lottery pick on is jimmer fredette, hes gonna be a beast in the nba, no one in the nba can shoot like him off the dribble from long range

IcanzIIravor
03-07-2011, 09:21 PM
well this kid has real skills. Dominating the SEC, blackest most ahtletic conference in bball, this year

11 pts 8 boards and .3 blocks a game and you think people should be hyping him when he is a senior? If he was a true freshman putting up these numbers I could understand it, but he's a senior...

PHaYze
03-07-2011, 09:23 PM
White Prince and this generations Bird? lol

HylianNightmare
03-07-2011, 09:25 PM
He will be solid

STATUTORY
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
11 pts 8 boards and .3 blocks a game and you think people should be hyping him when he is a senior? If he was a true freshman putting up these numbers I could understand it, but he's a senior...

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20110307/ARTICLES/110309618/1136?Title=Parsons-could-be-UF-s-first-SEC-player-of-the-year

we gonna act like he's not in runnin for SEC player of the year?

that's why ppl callin him Tayshaun cuz he's an all around player. double double for a SF is not impressive now?

IcanzIIravor
03-07-2011, 09:45 PM
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20110307/ARTICLES/110309618/1136?Title=Parsons-could-be-UF-s-first-SEC-player-of-the-year

we gonna act like he's not in runnin for SEC player of the year?

that's why ppl callin him Tayshaun cuz he's an all around player. double double for a SF is not impressive now?

He is 6'10''. I'd hope he could pull down some double doubles. I like his 3.6 assists a game and it is a weak draft so he could sneak into the lottery, but I don't see how you are surprised that a senior with his numbers isn't getting a lot of hype. If they win the SEC tourney and have a deep NCAA tourney run with him being the leading factor then I think things could change.

Baby_D
03-07-2011, 10:34 PM
How many players were supposed to be the next white Larry Bird? :D

Haha nice. Being the next white Larry Bird like being the next black Micheal Jordan or the next fat Eddie Curry.

STATUTORY
03-19-2011, 03:02 PM
y'all might wanna keep an eye on today's UCLA/Florida game

my boy gonna continue his triple double ways

MeLO MvP 15
03-19-2011, 03:03 PM
He looks way too skinny to play PF in the NBA and he's probably not fast enough for SFs... Happens a lot to good college players

Scoooter
03-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Same reason there's no hype over my dick; too white and skinny.

STATUTORY
03-19-2011, 03:20 PM
He looks way too skinny to play PF in the NBA and he's probably not fast enough for SFs... Happens a lot to good college players

lol they said the samething about tyler hansborough. this kid has court vision like you wouldn't believe. that type of passing ability is invaluable on any level

Notorious D.M.C
03-19-2011, 03:21 PM

A lot of guys closed to the game are projecting him to be this generation's Larry bird.

Parsons' 6ft 10 with legit handles, great court vision, speed, wet shooting stroke and ability to score in the post.

http://www.boozecrewsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/chandler-parsons.jpg

lets see if they get past UCLA

Go Getter
03-19-2011, 03:29 PM
lol they said the samething about tyler hansborough. this kid has court vision like you wouldn't believe. that type of passing ability is invaluable on any level

Tyler has inpressed me.

I don't think anyone said he's too skinny though....Tyler's a tough kid and more on the muscular side if anything.

midatlantic09
03-19-2011, 04:48 PM
He's listed as a projected early 2nd round pick. Not sure who said he's a potential lottery pick.

dunksby
03-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Didnt know Prince was that good.

DStebb716
03-19-2011, 05:00 PM
How can he be compared to Teyshaun Prince and Larry Bird?

HylianNightmare
03-19-2011, 05:00 PM
y'all might wanna keep an eye on today's UCLA/Florida game

my boy gonna continue his triple double ways
oh ya

pete's montreux
03-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Next Tayshaun Prince? So he'll be inconsistent for his entire career?

GatorKid117
03-19-2011, 05:37 PM
OP is overrating him.

Like someone else said, he's too slow to play SF but too skinny to play PF. Great college player but he won't do much in the NBA. He has to get stronger if he wants any chance at playing.

Mister JT
03-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Not a UF student, but I am a Gator fan (since the Mike Miller, Teddy Dupay, Brett Nelson era).

I think, if he can improve his aggressiveness, he can be a similar player (maybe not as good) to Hedo Turkoglu.

alenleomessi
03-19-2011, 06:36 PM
next larry bird? more like next joe alexander

ukfan22
03-19-2011, 06:41 PM
He's a good college player, I'm not sure his skills translate to the NBA. His jumper is slightly above average at best. Darius Miller just got the better of him twice in a week.

KevinNYC
03-20-2011, 03:48 AM
That's got to be the low and the high right?

Scientist
03-20-2011, 04:41 AM
Imma call you out on this. Like one legit source/analyist that claims he is the next larry bird.

knightfall88
03-20-2011, 04:57 AM
wow if this guy is suppose to be an even whiter version of Prince then this Kid is fcked for his career.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 07:05 AM
There is no hype over a lot of potential lottery picks this year because the draft is dirt.

QuebecBaller
03-20-2011, 07:07 AM
next larry bird? more like next joe alexander

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
:D

KevinNYC
03-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by DStebb716

That's got to be the low and the high right?

I'm still thinking about this a day later. It's not like Larry Bird was a sleeper in College. He had one of the best college careers ever. He averaged 30 ppg for his entire three year college career. His team went 33-1 and he was player of the year. He left college as the 5th highest scorer ever. The team he took to the championship game, without him, would be middle of the pack in the their own conference. Bird was known to casual sports fans, beyond basketball fans. When he and Magic played in the title game, it is still the basketball game with the highest TV ratings ever- pro or college.

If someone seriously compared Parsons to Bird, they should be fired.

KevinNYC
03-20-2011, 02:42 PM
As I googled this kid, I see that the OP is full of it.

This kid is not a lottery pick. He's not a first rounder. Draft Express has him #88.

Here's a more realistic assessment

One of the most underrated prospects in the NCAA, Parsons is a 6’10 215 forward comfortable playing on the perimeter. He has the handles and the passing ability (3.8 assists a game) to run point and has a good outside jumper (39.1% from beyond the arc) to boot.

He’s the Gators most efficient scorer from the perimeter (49 FG%), their best passer and their leading rebounder (8 boards a game). The big question about Parsons on the next level is his defensive ability — he’s clearly too skinny to guard power forwards, so will he have the foot-speed and quickness to guard small forwards on the perimeter?

Best case: Mike Dunleavy

Worst case: Luke Walton

Needs to improve: Perimeter defense.

STATUTORY
03-24-2011, 08:43 PM
okay Chandler dueling Jimmer fredete tonight. y'all might wanna watch this game

best college showdown since Magic vs. Larry days

Real Men Wear Green
03-24-2011, 09:00 PM
okay Chandler dueling Jimmer fredete tonight. y'all might wanna watch this game

best college showdown since Magic vs. Larry days
Stop it. First of all, comparing the same guy to both Bird as well as Prince doesn't make any sense. Second of all, he's not matched up with Fredette at all. He's a good college player, may be an NBA roleplayer, but there's no way Larry Bird wouldn't have absolutely taken this game over, there's no reason to compare this guy to an NBA legend, so please just stop the nonsense.

STATUTORY
11-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Stop it. First of all, comparing the same guy to both Bird as well as Prince doesn't make any sense. Second of all, he's not matched up with Fredette at all. He's a good college player, may be an NBA roleplayer, but there's no way Larry Bird wouldn't have absolutely taken this game over, there's no reason to compare this guy to an NBA legend, so please just stop the nonsense.

took over the game tonight, stroke it as well as larry legend ever done it

no pun intended
11-23-2012, 10:53 PM
LOL nice bump. :applause:

I<3NBA
11-23-2012, 11:03 PM
i liked how you stuck to your guns :lol

STATUTORY
11-23-2012, 11:06 PM
i liked how you stuck to your guns :lol
it was like watching my own kid graduating high school tonight. everything paid off. I was holding back tears

no pun intended
11-23-2012, 11:08 PM
it was like watching my own kid graduating high school tonight. everything paid off. I was holding back tears
Let's just hope he can continue to keep it up.

1987_Lakers
11-23-2012, 11:10 PM
He is a very poor man's Larry Bird in a sense because he has a very good all-around game. He could score, shoot, rebound, & he has nice vision.

It seems like he improved his FT% this season too.

I<3NBA
11-23-2012, 11:11 PM
:lol :cheers:

nbarumorz
11-23-2012, 11:14 PM

let the reps come in by the dozens now...:oldlol: nice call :cheers:

Mr Exlax
11-23-2012, 11:44 PM
This is like his 3rd or 4th big game this season. We rock!

ClutchOver9000
11-23-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm gonna have nightmares about Chandler Parsons now...

STATUTORY
11-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Morey is the best talent evaluator in the league

not surprised he stole Parsons the way he did

andremiller07
11-24-2012, 12:07 AM
He never really shined much on the college level but you could always see he had the skills to be a better pro than he was a college player. Hes been playing well all year and he just had a huge outburst on the Knicks.

KingBeasley08
11-24-2012, 12:09 AM
This dude's a flippin baller. No doubt about it

Shepseskaf
11-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Morey is the best talent evaluator in the league
Slow down a bit. See: Lin acquisition.

BrickingStar
11-24-2012, 01:23 AM
OP ever considered being a GM?

BrickingStar
11-24-2012, 01:27 AM
You do realize a perennial all star, always a top 3-5 PF every year and playing like a beast this year again Chris Bosh is skinnier than him ?

no pun intended
11-24-2012, 02:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/C0mfs.png

LOL

Levity
11-24-2012, 02:45 AM
last 6 games prior to tonight:

18 and 13
11 and 10
24 points vs the lakers
19 and 11
13 and 10
and 25 against miami

this kid is a baller. and might get MIP honors this year if he keeps something close to this up.

FKAri
11-24-2012, 02:54 AM
hes white nuff said, the only white guy i would waste a lottery pick on is jimmer fredette, hes gonna be a beast in the nba, no one in the nba can shoot like him off the dribble from long range

:roll: :roll: :roll:

tomtucker
11-24-2012, 04:03 AM
damm, this guy can play.....

Doctor Rivers
11-24-2012, 05:31 PM
last 6 games prior to tonight:

18 and 13
11 and 10
24 points vs the lakers
19 and 11
13 and 10
and 25 against miami

this kid is a baller. and might get MIP honors this year if he keeps something close to this up.

:banana:

veilside23
11-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Stud Mofo!!!!!!!

millwad
11-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Haha, future rep to you, OP.

As a Rocket fan I was really skeptical about him last season and I was pissed that McHale was giving him so much playing time but the guy just developed and developed.

This far in this season he has had some great games, look forward to see him develop into something good.

He's average this far in this season; 15.5 points (47% shooting), 7 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1 steal along with great defense!

And the best thing of all, he gets 800 000 bucks this year! :cheers:

TheAesirsFinest
11-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Haha, future rep to you, OP.

As a Rocket fan I was really skeptical about him last season and I was pissed that McHale was giving him so much playing time but the guy just developed and developed.

This far in this season he has had some great games, look forward to see him develop into something good.

He's average this far in this season; 15.5 points (47% shooting), 7 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1 steal along with great defense!

And the best thing of all, he gets 800 000 bucks this year! :cheers:

You sure do love cheap contracts :oldlol:

I'm proud of him too. I remember my first thoughts of him were "god damn his short is flatter than Houston itself" and "nice hustle and defense". The way he's retooled his shot so it actually has an arc (noticeable on the free throw line too! 55% at the line last year to 74% so far :eek: ); his passing has noticeably improved.

And not to mention his defense might be even better! As Melo was sinking everything, Parsons matched him shot for shot. However, once Parsons started guarding him, Melo started to struggle and complain, which eventually extinguished any hope they had of coming back.

L.Kizzle
11-24-2012, 06:25 PM
I was pissed we let go of Chase, but seems like CP will be the better player.

millwad
11-24-2012, 06:32 PM
I was pissed we let go of Chase, but seems like CP will be the better player.

Serious?

Chase was awful most of last season and other than shooting he couldn't do much and his defense was really bad.

millwad
11-24-2012, 06:41 PM
You sure do love cheap contracts :oldlol:

Haha, I love them. I guess Parsons contract makes up Lin's some at least.. :oldlol:

I'm proud of him too. I remember my first thoughts of him were "god damn his short is flatter than Houston itself" and "nice hustle and defense". The way he's retooled his shot so it actually has an arc (noticeable on the free throw line too! 55% at the line last year to 74% so far :eek: ); his passing has noticeably improved.

Really impressive, his game is so all-round and he doesn't really have any big flaws left. He couldn't shot FT's last season as you mentioned but he fixed that, at least this far. Sure, he isn't a great offensive player but he is fine one a la good scoring and he's a good passer too. And his hustle is really nice and he's grabbing 7 rebounds per game which is really nice as well.

And not to mention his defense might be even better! As Melo was sinking everything, Parsons matched him shot for shot. However, once Parsons started guarding him, Melo started to struggle and complain, which eventually extinguished any hope they had of coming back.

Definitely, I especially noticed the play when Lin got the steal from the floor, prior to that Carmelo couldn't go past Chandler with the same move he abused Patterson and Morris with. Sure, that doesn't say alot and Parsons or no one else is going to be able to stop guys like Melo but Chandler is definitely a good defensive player.

I'm planning to go to at least one game this season, I go to college at Texas A&M as an exchange student and to be honest, one of the reasons why I picked A&M was because of the Rockets. Always been a dream to check them out live.

Real Men Wear Green
11-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Won some MVPs and a few rings last night eh? Congrats.