PDA

View Full Version : UFC 128: Shogun vs Jones

ErhnamDjinn
03-08-2011, 01:05 PM
http://mmehfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/UFC-128-Shogun-vs-Jones.jpg

Looks like a solid card, and the main event is going to be sweet, Im a heavy Shogun ******ger, but coming of a injury against a very talented young prospect in Jones anything can happen. If Shogun comes in as the Shogun in the Machida 1 & 2 fights I see him destroying Jones standing. The big what ifs are Jones's reach,his greco and just that weird unorthodox striking.

The rest of the card also looks promising. We have the Cali Kid Faber vs Wineland. Akiyama vs Marquadt, which looks like a mismatch since Akiyama is just so small, I think he gets cut if he loses here. But Nate's been kinda in a slump so who knows.

We also have the return of Cro-cop :sleeping vs. Shaub, but right now I dont really no what to expect from Cro-cop now, really just a shadow of his former self.

We also get to see the return of Luis Cane and Edson Barboza.

Full Card:

* Light Championship bout: Maur

Skywalker
03-08-2011, 01:08 PM
what a main event

Qwyjibo
03-08-2011, 01:14 PM
One of the best main cards in a while. Interested in all 5 fights. Some interesting ones in the undercard too.

I'm completely rooting for Shogun and hope he takes it but if I was forced to put money on it, I'd probably go with Jones. The key will be for Shogun to keep it standing and possibly get it into the later rounds.

DaHeezy
03-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Shogon is pretty much the last of the old breed fighters who made a name dominating pride. I think this will complete the transition of old to new if Jon Jones wins and us "ol skool" MMA fans have to let go of the past.

We keep on standing up for the pride fighters and how dominant they are and how the new age UFC bobos never respect the past. Well the fighters we followed were good 2000-2006. Jon Jones will win and it's time to let go.

In my heart I'm cheering for Shogon, but I think it's time to let go and make way for new MMA.

Done_And_Done
03-08-2011, 01:30 PM
My moneys on Bones Jones disposing of Shogun with his uncanny reach or winning by decision. The guy just has an unfair advantage every time he steps into the octagon with this unorthodox reach of his. A reach that might eventually propel him to legendary status in this sport. I foresee a victory for JBJ, followed by a long drawn out reign as champion where you'll see him clean out the entire weight class ala GSP & Silva. I know I'm putting him in high regards here but the guy really appears to have all the God given tools to dominate for the next while...

ErhnamDjinn
03-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Shogon is pretty much the last of the old breed fighters who made a name dominating pride. I think this will complete the transition of old to new if Jon Jones wins and us "ol skool" MMA fans have to let go of the past.

We keep on standing up for the pride fighters and how dominant they are and how the new age UFC bobos never respect the past. Well the fighters we followed were good 2000-2006. Jon Jones will win and it's time to let go.

In my heart I'm cheering for Shogon, but I think it's time to let go and make way for new MMA.
Yes so true he's the last of the Pride Holdovers who are still doing well in current MMA. Because the old school one Rampage, Chuck, Fedor, Big Nog and Cro -cop are on the downside of there careers. And to Think Shogun is only 29 yrs old:wtf: I swear if Shogun loses I will feel so bad, same feeling when I saw Mirko LHK by Gonzaga and Nog destroyed by Cain and Mir:cry:

dkmwise
03-08-2011, 04:52 PM
One of the better main events in a while for the UFC.

Shogun has an impressive record but if I had to bet i'd go with Jones to pull of the win.

If Jones does win it will be interesting to see if he fights Evans

Done_And_Done
03-08-2011, 05:08 PM
One of the better main events in a while for the UFC.

Shogun has an impressive record but if I had to bet i'd go with Jones to pull of the win.

If Jones does win it will be interesting to see if he fights Evans

I'm pretty sure he takes the fight with Evans next and I'm pretty sure he hands Evans a loss...

bdreason
03-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Card is stacked, can't wait.

Is He Ill
03-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Ooowee! This is gonna be a must see. I'm rooting for Rua in this one.

DeronMillsap
03-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Let's go Bones! I think he makes history as youngest champion at 23 if he wins.

STATUTORY
03-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Let's go Bones! I think he makes history as youngest champion at 23 if he wins.

the previously youngest LHW champ vs. the potential new youngest LHW champ.

pretty exciting. Great card. Shogun's gonna bring it. Best transition game in the sport

raiderfan19
03-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty sure he takes the fight with Evans next and I'm pretty sure he hands Evans a loss...
Evans wont fight him. None of the greg jackson guys fight each other

Brujesino
03-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Evans wont fight him. None of the greg jackson guys fight each other
Hes recently said he would, jones also said he would.

EricGordon23
03-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Fight of the Night

Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Brendan Schaub

Qwyjibo
03-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Fight of the Night

Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Brendan Schaub
Don't see this going much different than the Gonzaga-Schaub fight. Schaub seems like one hell of an athlete. If he continues to re-fine his skills, he could be a contender. Time to get him a real fight after this.

dkmwise
03-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Hes recently said he would, jones also said he would.

If they fought who would Greg Jackson corner?

IMy guess is Evans would just train at the Grudge Training Center with Trevor Wittman as his head trainer and Jones would be trained by Jackson in Albuquerque

Jackass18
03-09-2011, 04:02 AM

What are you babbling about?

Nick Young
03-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Go SHogun! The man who took down the boring loser Machida twice!

EricGordon23
03-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I want Matt Mitrione to get a real fight!

crosso√er
03-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Rooting for Jon Jones all the way; kid is a monster.
What is he 21 years old? :bowdown:

IamSofaKing
03-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Anyone who says Jon Jones doesn't follow MMA.

Im a Jones fan but against Shogun? Forget about it, Soguns a better striker and a black belt in BJJ. Only thing Jones has over Shogun is his reach and takedowns.. And even if he does take down Shogun, he'll probably submit Jones anyway.

PS. Rashad said he would never fight Jones in an interview after UFC 126, probably because both attend Greg Jacksons gym

dkmwise
03-09-2011, 06:51 PM

Im a Jones fan but against Shogun? Forget about it, Soguns a better striker and a black belt in BJJ. Only thing Jones has over Shogun is his reach and takedowns.. And even if he does take down Shogun, he'll probably submit Jones anyway.

PS. Rashad said he would never fight Jones in an interview after UFC 126, probably because both attend Greg Jacksons gym

Rashad did intially say that but then in an interview Jones said he would be willing to fight Evans, so about a week or two ago on mma live they played Jones's quote and Rashad then said something like 'I guess i'd have to fight him now, I can't punk out.'

dkmwise
03-09-2011, 07:13 PM

Couldn't disagree more. I think Shogun is getting a little disrepected with the odds being in favor of the challenger Jones, but let's be honest, this isn't Pride, Rua can't win by Soccer Kicks here. As talented as Shogun is 8 of his wins are by knocking someone down and stomping on their head and he can't do that here.

Look at their records since 2009

Rua beat a washed up Coleman and washup up Liddell and split with Machida.

Jones has beat: Stephan Bonner, Jake O'Brien, Brandon Vera, Vladamir Matyshuenko, and Ryan Bader, and he lost by DQ to Hammil.

Jones has better wrestling which lets him dictate where the fight goes, he is bigger and stronger, better reach, probably not as good at bjj as Rua. Stiking is tough to judge, Jones certainly has more diverse stand up but Rua may have better tradition leg kicks, both have KO power in their hands.

Jones also comes from one of the best camps and the best game planner in Greg Jackson

ErhnamDjinn
03-10-2011, 03:23 AM
Couldn't disagree more. I think Shogun is getting a little disrepected with the odds being in favor of the challenger Jones, but let's be honest, this isn't Pride, Rua can't win by Soccer Kicks here. As talented as Shogun is 8 of his wins are by knocking someone down and stomping on their head and he can't do that here.

Look at their records since 2009

Rua beat a washed up Coleman and washup up Liddell and split with Machida.

Jones has beat: Stephan Bonner, Jake O'Brien, Brandon Vera, Vladamir Matyshuenko, and Ryan Bader, and he lost by DQ to Hammil.

Jones has better wrestling which lets him dictate where the fight goes, he is bigger and stronger, better reach, probably not as good at bjj as Rua. Stiking is tough to judge, Jones certainly has more diverse stand up but Rua may have better tradition leg kicks, both have KO power in their hands.

Jones also comes from one of the best camps and the best game planner in Greg Jackson
and of the people Shogun beat 2 were at the time top 10 LHW according to rankings Liddel was top 5 at the time and Machida the Champion, Shogun was also the underdog against Liddel due to his past performances against Forrest and Coleman, who has Jon Jones fought, none are even top 10 fighters and if based of rankings Bader is arguable # 10, If Shogun comes in in tip top shape, I doubt this lasts long, but as you guys said if he can dictate the pace Jones can win, you guys downplay Shoguns ground game to much because he plays his striking game to much, you fail to recall he is a BJJ Blackbelt is good of his back, he was pinned down by Ricardo Arona who is known for his great top game was a ADCC champion and he still sweeped him of his back, something even Fedor had a tough time doing when he was pinned by Arona. I swear the disrespect Rua receives across all the board is disrespectful. I guess ill just wait and see. Anyway exciting fight

dkmwise
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
and of the people Shogun beat 2 were at the time top 10 LHW according to rankings Liddel was top 5 at the time and Machida the Champion, Shogun was also the underdog against Liddel due to his past performances against Forrest and Coleman, who has Jon Jones fought, none are even top 10 fighters and if based of rankings Bader is arguable # 10, If Shogun comes in in tip top shape, I doubt this lasts long, but as you guys said if he can dictate the pace Jones can win, you guys downplay Shoguns ground game to much because he plays his striking game to much, you fail to recall he is a BJJ Blackbelt is good of his back, he was pinned down by Ricardo Arona who is known for his great top game was a ADCC champion and he still sweeped him of his back, something even Fedor had a tough time doing when he was pinned by Arona. I swear the disrespect Rua receives across all the board is disrespectful. I guess ill just wait and see. Anyway exciting fight

Rankings aside, when Rua fought Liddell, Chuck had just lost 3 out of 4 fights, lost to Rua, went on to lose his next fight and retire. When Jones fought Bader, Bader was undefeated at 12-0 with 5 of those wins coming in the UFC. The Bader win was a better win. I'll give Shogun both the Machida fights as impressive even though he lost 1 by decision, he looked very good.

I agree Shogun is beign disrespected and he should be the favorite since he is the champ and has had more big fights. My point was to the person who said if you pick Jones to win it means you know nothing about mma. I was trying to show that you could make a case for either fighter.

ErhnamDjinn
03-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Rankings aside, when Rua fought Liddell, Chuck had just lost 3 out of 4 fights, lost to Rua, went on to lose his next fight and retire. When Jones fought Bader, Bader was undefeated at 12-0 with 5 of those wins coming in the UFC. The Bader win was a better win. I'll give Shogun both the Machida fights as impressive even though he lost 1 by decision, he looked very good.

I agree Shogun is beign disrespected and he should be the favorite since he is the champ and has had more big fights. My point was to the person who said if you pick Jones to win it means you know nothing about mma. I was trying to show that you could make a case for either fighter.
definite case for Jones since he dominated everyone he's been put up against my only knock on him is prior to the Bader fight he has been kinda protected, I mean Vlad, Vera and the deaf dude aint exactly creme de la creme, I would have wanted him to atleast fight Rampage, Machida, or Lil Nog/Thiago Silva. And now suddenly he's Gods next gift to man. The only thing going against Rua now is the long layoff and 3rd knee surgery, but as I said if he comes in the same form as the Machida fights Shogun will win.

heck even during the Chuck fight Shogun was the underdog

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Picks-Liddell-vs-Rua-17022

18-2 :facepalm

EricGordon23
03-10-2011, 06:07 PM
I know he is not fighting on this card but what are your guys thoughts on Matt Mitrione the guy is 5 - 0 who should they give him next?

Jackass18
03-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Bones is tested against wrestlers, but not so much against strikers (the best he's faced has been Vera and Bonnar), and probably even less tested against BJJ practitioners (Bonnar is a black belt and Vera is a brown belt). Still though, Bones has an insane reach, crazy elbows, strength, wrestling and unorthodox striking that could give anyone problems. I'm not sure why he's the favorite, though. His insane reach is attractive, but enough to make him the favorite over a much more proven fighter?

ErhnamDjinn
03-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I know he is not fighting on this card but what are your guys thoughts on Matt Mitrione the guy is 5 - 0 who should they give him next?
I think he's a gatekeeper at best, the UFC heavy weight division is basically Cain, JDS, Brock and Carwin as top dogs, Tier 2 Mir, Kongo, Struve, Nelson and then everyone else.

and oh Shogun considers himself the underdog

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Shogun-Understanding-of-Underdog-Status-Before-UFC-128-Defense-30746

ErhnamDjinn
03-14-2011, 12:30 PM
just a couple more days for probably one of the most exciting fights this year

DeronMillsap
03-15-2011, 12:06 AM
If I didn't check the date on this I could missed it. :lol

Why is it on Sunday night instead of the usual Saturday?

Brujesino
03-15-2011, 12:09 AM
If I didn't check the date on this I could missed it. :lol

Why is it on Sunday night instead of the usual Saturday?
:oldlol:
He used a different poster in the OP,I got confused there too
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/UFC128ShogunvsJones.jpg

DeronMillsap
03-15-2011, 12:15 AM
^^^Erhnam must be non-North American then? That would explain his poster.

Not sure if anybody posted this but Aki is out of the card due to the Japanese Tsunami crisis.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22803/yoshihiro-akiyama-out-at-ufc-128-dan-miller-now-faces-nate-marquardt.mma

With portions of his home country in ruin from this week's tragic earthquake, Yoshihiro Akiyama has withdrawn from next week's UFC 128 event.

In his place steps New Jersey native Dan Miller (14-4 MMA, 5-3 UFC), who had been expected to fight on the evening's preliminary card but will now fight Nate Marquardt (30-10-2 MMA, 9-4 UFC).

UFC executives announced the change late Friday night.

Undisputed
03-15-2011, 01:57 AM
I've been on the Jones bandwagon for a while now. That guy is just out of this world athletic for his body size. I'm really looking forward to this one. Hopefully he can get past Rua and make a real name for himself.

ErhnamDjinn
03-15-2011, 04:27 AM
^^^Erhnam must be non-North American then? That would explain his poster.

Not sure if anybody posted this but Aki is out of the card due to the Japanese Tsunami crisis.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22803/yoshihiro-akiyama-out-at-ufc-128-dan-miller-now-faces-nate-marquardt.mma
lmao didnt notice that yup its on the 19th but the 20th in the Philippines. To bad Sexy is gone, but according to Dana he will be there on fight night just to watch.

ErhnamDjinn
03-16-2011, 03:19 PM
UFC 128 Press conference staredown pics

Jones is huge

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/676142/aw9w0n_medium.jpg

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/676145/nmf1h2_medium.jpg

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/676148/nxjn7c_medium.jpg

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/676151/23hmvy8_medium.jpg

ErhnamDjinn
03-16-2011, 03:44 PM
did jones shake his hand? i assume so...

if jones beats shogon.. over/under how many times jones mentions 'god' in his post fight interviews?
he did shake hands but what was akward was the didnt look into opponents eye that jones does looked weird because Shogun also does it so it was like wtf moment :oldlol:

prodnus
03-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Shogun is gonna get that ass. His stand up is too superior even though Jones is unorthodox and has an insane reach.

Brujesino
03-16-2011, 06:16 PM
I first i thought Jones was kinda scared but then i realized he never looks at his opponents during the weigh in either.

This is going to be a very very intresting fight to say the least.

prodnus
03-16-2011, 06:19 PM
I first i thought Jones was kinda scared but then i realized he never looks at his opponents during the weigh in either.

This is going to be a very very intresting fight to say the least.

haha Shogun was so confused at the staredown :roll:

Hahaha nicee Shogun! Damn that was awesome!

Bones wanted to do his "stare in the distance" tactic, but Shogun didn't understand what he was doing so he taught I'll just pose for the media. After that, he wanted to do the stare down but Dana said they'd had to face the media.. haha Hilarious! GO SHOTGUN!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-aRuDaNnCw&feature=player_embedded

Brujesino
03-16-2011, 06:35 PM
* Light Championship bout: [B]Maur

ErhnamDjinn
03-18-2011, 02:48 PM
one more day

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Ag_Kai4soPXA5qEdDpiys7o9Eo14?slug=ki-iole_shogun_ready_for_jones_ufc_031711

NEWARK, N.J.

gigantes
03-18-2011, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=ErhnamDjinn]Full Card:

* Light Championship bout: Maur

prodnus
03-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Dana White UFC 128 Video Blog - Day 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x83SIycVfrM

GoRapz
03-18-2011, 07:43 PM
i was looking forward to seeing akiyama fight...oh well i hope he fights on the japan card then lol

jamal99
03-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Great video

UFC in the moment - Jon Jones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jetDVwhyGig

Damn I hope Bones wins this one. After watching this video I like him even more.

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Great video

UFC in the moment - Jon Jones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jetDVwhyGig

Damn I hope Bones wins this one. After watching this video I like him even more.
He didnt use to bother me but he got really annoying.I wasnt really rooting for anyone in this fight but jones started to annoy me so i'll be rooting for Shogun.

jamal99
03-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Why is he annoying you?

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Why is he annoying you?
He is singing auto graphs saying "Champ 2011".Hes saying hes Alistair Overeem with better ju jitsu and wrestling.He already thanked god for his victory.He says he doesnt think Shogun and stand with him.

He seems confident which he should be but at the same time its over confidence and it pretty annoying same with this special they just had ho w does he get a special and not Shogun?Just like brocktober.

Its no big deal be he just annoying me.

jamal99
03-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Well, he is a little bit over confident but UFC is trying to market him like NBA is doing with Blake Griffin...

Qwyjibo
03-19-2011, 06:49 PM
His constant "God wants me to be the champ" stuff bugs the hell out of me.

DeronMillsap
03-19-2011, 06:59 PM
So is he the Tim Tebow of MMA or something? :lol I wasn't aware he was a devoted Christian.

He's an hour or two from my hometown area(Upstate New York) so I gotta support him.

DeronMillsap
03-19-2011, 07:01 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Hours-before-biggest-fight-of-his-life-Jones-an?urn=mma-wp309

wow, jones and greg jackson unleashing some civilian justice before the fight :eek:
Awesome! He's a hero outside the Octagon too.

How can you hate him? :lol

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.soccertvlive.net/watch/55912/2/watch-ufc-128:-preliminaries.html

pre lims have started

Reef
03-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Such a sick pre-lim fight. I'll go with Barboza.

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 09:18 PM
1-1 going into the 3rd

Reef
03-19-2011, 09:24 PM
HOLY SHIT!! What a kick. I'll give Barboza that round just because of that kick and the takedown. 2-1 for Barboza.

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 09:25 PM
He ran around like he won.I think he lost.

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Robbed:facepalm

He didnt do shit except that last kick

Reef
03-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Robbed:facepalm

He didnt do shit except that last kick

It was a pretty even round up until the last takedown and kick. I think Njokuani landed more but Barboza's strikes were more effective.

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 09:33 PM
It was a pretty even round up until the last takedown and kick. I think Njokuani landed more but Barboza's strikes were more effective.
I saw him controling the fight,landing front kicks and jabs for 4:30 minutes.Barboza got a one takedown did nothing with it and then got one good kick in 4 seconds before the fight ended.

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Luiz Cane via beatdown

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Luiz Cane via beatdown
Nice

prodnus
03-19-2011, 09:52 PM
War Shogun

Mr. Grieves
03-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Anyone have a link bros?

raiderfan19
03-19-2011, 10:03 PM
link?

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 10:04 PM

Mr. Grieves
03-19-2011, 10:05 PM

Repped.

Reef
03-19-2011, 10:08 PM
God I hope Crocop Ko's Schaub with the LHK.

Mr. Grieves
03-19-2011, 10:09 PM
suree.....

In spirit, lol. If the system ever comes back he'll get his.

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Talk is cheap Cro Cop go do something!!!!

Like i said i will root for cro cop but its really hard since he hasnt been the same.

Qwyjibo
03-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I hope Schaub ends Mirko quickly. Cro Cop is just collecting paychecks right now and is way past being entertaining or worthwhile.

STATUTORY
03-19-2011, 10:13 PM
CroCop is my fave white boy of all time but he needs to step his game up

IGOTGAME
03-19-2011, 10:17 PM
working link?

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Schaub round 1

IGOTGAME
03-19-2011, 10:28 PM
anyone have any working links?

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Mirko round 2

jamal99
03-19-2011, 10:29 PM

not the best quality but
http://www.yycast.com/ferwetewt

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Check the previous pages

IcanzIIravor
03-19-2011, 10:34 PM
Ok Crocop should not be allowed to fight anymore. He should be medically banned at this point. He needs to retire.

Brujesino
out of nowhere:eek: ....:( .....meh

jamal99
Damn, KOed...

Reef
Damn. Crocop needs to call it quits.

Qwyjibo
03-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Oh Mirko, always falling in such funny (and painful) ways.

Good fight.

raiderfan19
03-19-2011, 10:36 PM
wow. i had cro crop winning till that point(with the point deduction)

Brujesino
Gonzaga a legend?:oldlol:

IcanzIIravor
out of nowhere:eek: ....:( .....meh

He's done. No way a punch like that knocks him out back in his prime. He needs to retire or the UFC and other organizations need to force him too before the damage is so bad dude dies before his time.

Reef
03-19-2011, 10:37 PM
LOL @ Rogan calling Gonzaga a legend.

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 10:40 PM
He's done. No way a punch like that knocks him out back in his prime. He needs to retire or the UFC and other organizations need to force him too before the damage is so bad dude dies before his time.
He only got knocked out once during his prime by Kevin Randleman he was sick left hook.I think the punch was good but what really ****ed him was when he fell face first to the mat thats what knocked him out.

Not sure what the hell hes gonna do now.

Mr. Grieves
03-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Lol this new style for the Shields/Pierre promo gets innovation points, but it was really cheesy lol.

Reef
03-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Anyone else not interested in this fight at all?

Stuckey
03-19-2011, 10:44 PM
are the fights over? someoen got a link?

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 10:45 PM
are the fights over? someoen got a link?
go back about 2 pages.

Stuckey
03-19-2011, 10:48 PM
go back about 2 pages.

tyvm

raiderfan19
03-19-2011, 11:13 PM
I halfway expected the judges to give that fight to Miller, not because I thought he won(marquardt clearly won) but because just about every UFC fight has one god awful scoring decision these days and Id rather get it out of the way before the big fights.

Patrick Chewing
03-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Anybody got results so far?

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Anybody got results so far?
Schaub Ko's Cro Cop in the 3rd

Nate Martquart decsision win over Dan miller

Patrick Chewing
03-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Schaub Ko's Cro Cop in the 3rd

Nate Martquart decsision win over Dan miller

Thank you sir

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Jim Miller straight up tooled him the whole fight.

DeronMillsap
03-19-2011, 11:34 PM
I cant believe that guy was still standing after the nasty uppercut.

Patrick Chewing
03-19-2011, 11:34 PM
I like this Miller kid. Good techniques

Brujesino
03-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Too bad for Jim he fights in one of the most stacked divisions in mma.

Qwyjibo
03-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Edgar, Maynard, Miller and Pettis (if he beats Guida) are the main contenders now. Sotiropoulos drops a bit after his last loss. What a great division.

donald_trump
03-19-2011, 11:41 PM
is shogun/jones after this fight?

IcanzIIravor
03-19-2011, 11:43 PM
is shogun/jones after this fight?

Yep. Are you running for President?

Reef
03-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Edgar, Maynard, Miller and Pettis (if he beats Guida) are the main contenders now. Sotiropoulos drops a bit after his last loss. What a great division.

How about winners of Siver vs. Miller and Pettis vs. Guida fight each other. Winner of that fights the winner of Edgar and Maynard?

Qwyjibo
03-20-2011, 12:12 AM
How about winners of Siver vs. Miller and Pettis vs. Guida fight each other. Winner of that fights the winner of Edgar and Maynard?
Guillard might be moving up there too soon. Forgot about him. Crazy tough divsion.

Go Shogun! (although I think Jones will take it)

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm feeling nervous for Jones...

Let's go Bones!

Mr. Grieves
03-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Let's Go Jon Bones! Ngga You Nuts!

prodnus
03-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Time to derail the Jones hype train. He'll be champ one day, just not today.

Mr. Grieves
03-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Time to derail the Jones hype train. He'll be champ one day, just not today.

Hype or not, that kid is cool.

donald_trump
03-20-2011, 12:21 AM
looking at guys like cain and shogun for example you wouldnt think theyre fighters based on their build. incredible how much power they pack.

Brujesino
03-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Butterflys in my stomach just in time.I hate getting nervous over something that doesnt effect me at all:oldlol:

c3z4r
just finished watching boxing and it felt strange to see shogun wearing boxers :lol

Black Joker
here it goes!

Qwyjibo
Butterflys in my stomach just in time.I hate getting nervous over something that doesnt effect me at all:oldlol:
Same. What the hell. It's "just" a sport but damn, so exciting.

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 12:28 AM
FUUUCKKK!!!! my internet connection or the stream decided to lag in the middle of the match. :banghead:

Brujesino
Jones round one.Not looking too good for shogun.

Black Joker
jones went to work that round

Qwyjibo
03-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Jones looks huge. Shogun seems a bit slow or Jones seems really quick. Maybe both. Not a good round for Shogun.

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 12:30 AM
I missed the last 90 seconds of the 1st round but yeah, Jones won that round easily.

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 12:32 AM
looks like Jones is getting the 2nd round too.

Qwyjibo
03-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Jones is picking him apart on the feet with his distance. All those quick kicks to Shogun's knees, those are gonna hurt if this goes into the later rounds.

Black Joker
03-20-2011, 12:34 AM
chalk up another round to jones

Brujesino
03-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Round 2 for jones.Crazy hes having his way with him.Shogun looks tired as shit.

Qwyjibo
03-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Shogun needs to summon his inner Frankie Edgar and make a big comeback.

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 12:38 AM
How the f--k did Jones reverse that? :eek:

Black Joker
03-20-2011, 12:38 AM
it's over. Jones for the win!

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 12:39 AM
FUUUUUUCKIIIINGGG YES!!!

I m having an orgasm1!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Reef
Holy shit.

Qwyjibo
That sucks.

Brujesino
Wow complete annihilation :eek:

IcanzIIravor
what a monster, my god

He made Shogun look like a rookie. Jesus :eek:

Patrick Chewing
Shogun was scared and intimidated going into this fight. This wasn't the same Shogun that destroyed The Dragon

Brujesino
03-20-2011, 12:40 AM
Shogun was scared and intimidated going into this fight. This wasn't the same Shogun that destroyed The Dragon
Nah it was the same shogun.Jones length really messes with people.

donald_trump
03-20-2011, 12:40 AM
can anyone beat this guy? hes got the insane length combined with crazy strength.

i just dont see him being beat for a long time.

Reef
03-20-2011, 12:41 AM
The only guys who have a chance to beat Jones are Anderson and maybe Phil Davis in the future.

Qwyjibo
03-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Jones was too big and Shogun was too slow.

Patrick Chewing
03-20-2011, 12:43 AM
can anyone beat this guy? hes got the insane length combined with crazy strength.

i just dont see him being beat for a long time.

I would love to see him jump to Heavyweight in the near future. That would be his best competition if any. Nobody in his division can stand toe to toe with this guy.

raiderfan19
if gsp declines the silva superfight, and silva ends up fighting/beating okami.. i think they try to set up a jones/silva superfight
Id love to see that fight but I dont think Anderson has anything for him either. What can he do to Jones wrestling???? The only possible answer I can see is Cain Velasquez.

Brujesino
OMG:roll: :roll: :roll:

Rashad Evans immediately boo'ed

Godzuki
03-20-2011, 12:44 AM
I love Rashad :lol

Qwyjibo
03-20-2011, 12:44 AM
The only fighter that could take down Jones is a great wrestler who could maybe blanket him for 5 rounds like Sonnen almost did with Silva. But even then, who can you find to take him down consistently?

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Jones was too big and Shogun was too slow.
Too big and too fast.

Skywalker
03-20-2011, 12:46 AM
shogun rockin the fedor body tonight lmao cant come with that against the PHENOM

raiderfan19
The only guys who have a chance to beat Jones are Anderson and maybe Phil Davis in the future.
MAYBE on Davis but honestly everything he does well, Jones does better.

Reef
The only fighter that could take down Jones is a great wrestler who could maybe blanket him for 5 rounds like Sonnen almost did with Silva. But even then, who can you find to take him down consistently?

Phil Davis. He has the wrestling, size, length. Otherwise you have to look at heavyweight. Of course he has to beat Nog first.

donald_trump
03-20-2011, 12:47 AM
I would love to see him jump to Heavyweight in the near future. That would be his best competition if any. Nobody in his division can stand toe to toe with this guy.

agreed.

id like to see him stay in lhw for a while though. dominate, then move up.

kind of like overeem though he'd actually dominate prior to moving up to heavyweight as well.

Brujesino
03-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Keep in mind since chuck liddell only fighter has defended his 205 title.That was Machida and even then people thought he should have lost that fight.I think someone will beat him at 205 but iam not sure who.Rashad could get inside and cancel out his length and just grapple **** him.

Reef
MAYBE on Davis but honestly everything he does well, Jones does better.

I think Davis has the better wrestling but it's close. Maybe they can bring over King Mo from Strikeforce, lol.

Mr. Grieves
YEAHHHHHHHHH!!! Jon Jones you sick f*ck. So stoked and happy for that kid. Keep it up, I hope he kills Rashad, f*ck I hate that asshole. I do feel bad for Shogun though he's a good guy.

raiderfan19
03-20-2011, 12:49 AM
Cain is the only real possibility I can think of.

Brujesino
03-20-2011, 12:49 AM
I like shogun but thank god iam not a super fan of his otherwise i would still be pissed.Like when fedor loses,damn that shit sucked:oldlol:

Reef
03-20-2011, 12:50 AM
I like shogun but thank god iam not a super fan of his otherwise i would still be pissed.Like when fedor loses,damn that shit sucked:oldlol:

Same. The only Pride fighter left to fall is Overeem now.

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 12:51 AM
I've been on Jones ' jock for two years now(since the Penn vs GSP PPV) so I'm stoked! :rockon:

raiderfan19
03-20-2011, 12:51 AM
I actually think the best possible way to beat jones would be a sick striker with good enough defensive wrestling to stay off his back and/or great bjj once he got there.

Undisputed
03-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Best UFC fights I have watched in a while! Jon Jones is the next UFC great, he's just unbelievable. The complete package. I'm supporting this guy for the rest of his career.

DropStep
03-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Even though Jones is a beast. I truely believe Rashad is a bad match up for him.

My Dude Edson Barboza amputating fighters one leg kick at a time.

Brujesino
03-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Same. The only Pride fighter left to fall is Overeem now.
I dont like looking at it like that anymore.Pride was a long time ago.When the first wave of pride fighter came over they did great in the UFC.Rampage won the title.Big Nog won the title.I no longer look at them as pride fighter because that shit was a long time ago.

Brujesino
03-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Even though Jones is a beast. I truely believe Rashad is a bad match up for him.

My Dude Edson Barboza amputating fighters one leg kick at a time.
He should have lost that fight.

prodnus
03-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Much respect to Jones for pulling off the victory but damn I don't see anyone challenging for that belt in the near future other than maybe Silva if he moves up, Machida, Shogun with a gas tank+better gameplan and Davis when he is more experienced.

Vragrant
03-20-2011, 01:34 AM
dana white just announced cro cop is done in the ufc

Crocop has been done for a while now. I guess Dana just confirmed it.

Brujesino
03-20-2011, 01:39 AM
dana white just announced cro cop is done in the ufc
Strikeforce it is:oldlol:

ErhnamDjinn
03-20-2011, 01:39 AM
damn what a schooling of a very good fighter, great fight for Jones. He will dominate for sure. I wonder were Shogun goes from here, arghh another loss for another fighter I like.

Brujesino
03-20-2011, 01:41 AM
dana would do cro cop vs fedor for sh!ts and giggles
That would sell.I think Cro Cop will retire instead though.

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 02:13 AM
I just looked up the Light Heavyweight champion history, it looks like this title seem to always change hands after their first defense.

Iceman was the last champ to defend it multiple times(4 to be exact).

Why is it hard for fighters to defend their belt in this division?

ErhnamDjinn
03-20-2011, 02:16 AM
I just looked up the Light Heavyweight champion history, it looks like this title seem to always change hands after their first defense.

Iceman was the last champ to defend it multiple times(4 to be exact).

Why is it hard for fighters to defend their belt in this division?
because its the deepest division in the UFC

Rampage, Shogun, Machida, Jones and Rashard can beat anyone among themselevs anytime, plus there are other LHW that are good, why do you think people like Wand moved out and went to MW

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 02:23 AM
because its the deepest division in the UFC

Rampage, Shogun, Machida, Jones and Rashard can beat anyone among themselevs anytime, plus there are other LHW that are good, why do you think people like Wand moved out and went to MW
Gotcha. I hope Jones isn't one and done like the last few champions.

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Jones is now the biggest celebrity from the 607 since Rod Sterling(Twilight Zone fame).
Kornheiser went to Binghamton U but not sure if he's actually from the area or not.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/volg1g.jpg

Skywalker
03-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Rampage vs. Jones would be sick, hope we get to see it someday.

gigantes
03-20-2011, 02:16 PM
That would sell.I think Cro Cop will retire instead though.
bullshit. fedor - crocop would sell mainly in croacia; very few other places.

crocop is absolutely done, but fedor has a couple of chances to reinvent himself before he's also done, great as he is.

gigantes
03-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Rampage vs. Jones would be sick, hope we get to see it someday.
???

rampage has already lost to all the best fighters in his division. how would throwing him against the nightmarishly-good bones be any good for him???

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 04:39 PM
UFC 128 Bonus Earnings:

- Edson Barboza-Anthony Njokuani fight won “Fight of the Night.” Both fighters received $70,000. Barboza win by unanimous decision.

- Erik Koch earned an extra $70,000 with a first-round knockout of Raphael Assuncao.

-
UFC 128 did not produce a single submission victory after twelve fights so an additional $70,000 “Knockout of the Night” bonus was awarded to Brendan Schaub for his late knockout of Mirko “CroCop” Filipovic.

More excerpts from Yahoo: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=mmaweekly-f0dcf3aeeb6e5bd0f1674702dbda834d

A total of $280,000 was handed out to the night’s most outstanding performers.

At the post-fight press conference, UFC president Dana White reported that UFC 128 earned $2.4 million at the gate and announced the bonus winners.

ErhnamDjinn
03-20-2011, 11:04 PM
bullshit. fedor - crocop would sell mainly in croacia; very few other places.

crocop is absolutely done, but fedor has a couple of chances to reinvent himself before he's also done, great as he is.
I think cro cop is very popular in Japan more so then even Fedor from the amount of applause he receives when I was watching old pride shows. But yeah cro cop should retire, nothing left to prove.

Brujesino
03-21-2011, 03:15 PM
ryan bader is fighting tito ortiz at ufc 132.. sucks for bader, even though he lost his last fight, he should get a better opponent. especially cuz he lost to jon jones
oh well, at least if (when) bader beats tito, tito should be done with in the ufc.

i hope bader fights the winner of rampage/hamill
I liked bader but hes pretty much a one trick pony.Overhand right and takedowns.Well thats 2 tricks but ya:oldlol:

I would have liked to see Ortiz Vs Vera loser leaves forever.

TootsieRoll
03-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Damn , Shogun got beat up real bad... damn I feel bad for the boy, but hey its UFC anything does down.

Did yall see Brendan Schaub vs Mirko Filipovic? DAMN!! Right hook and he hit the canvas real hard!

Brendan countered his low kick with a right hook.. damn that was one of the best counter-punch I've, EVER EVAAAAAAAAAA SEEN!

raiderfan19
03-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I liked bader but hes pretty much a one trick pony.Overhand right and takedowns.Well thats 2 tricks but ya:oldlol:

I would have liked to see Ortiz Vs Vera loser leaves forever.
Dan henderson made a hell of a career out of wild overhand rights and damn good wrestling. Im not saying Bader is Henderson, rather saying that those two tricks can get you a long way.

Showtime
03-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Faber v Cruz for the belt. There is also speculation that they will pit these guys against each other as coaches for the next ultimate fighter season to build anticipation for the title fight.

gigantes
03-21-2011, 07:59 PM
watched bones - shogun today, two days after it happened.

bones' elbows, reach, and height scare the shit out of me, even as a spectator. OTOH, i agree with the sherdog topic "there is not much to like about jones."

i would like to like bones, since he's simply awesome. but, unfortunately, i find nothing to latch onto... i mean, he's the farthest thing from an underdog, and he has a couple lethal weapons that pretty-much nobody else has in his class. maybe even more than a couple...