PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Iverson Could Be Dealt In 48 Hours

Cool
12-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Here is the article:

Celtics, Mavs, Knicks have assets to get deal done
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com

Allen Iverson's 11-year tenure in Philadelphia is on track to end as soon as Monday night.

A source close to Iverson has told ESPN.com that Sixers brass met Sunday to go over the various trade proposals that have come in over the past few days. One or two three-team trade proposals were expected to be explored Monday, and the source said the Sixers were inclined to pull the trigger shortly thereafter -- either Monday night or Tuesday.

While the Sixers are apparently looking to pull the plug on the trade quickly, Iverson will be inactive for Monday's game against Portland.

The source indicated the Minnesota Timberwolves were not seriously in the running, and the attention being paid to Denver and Boston was being overblown.

"The offers are better than what was out there last summer," the source said.

The source said the Sixers seemed determined to avoid having the Iverson divorce linger anywhere near as long as last year's protracted Ron Artest trade saga in Indiana, which dragged on for nearly seven weeks before he was dealt to Sacramento for Peja Stojakovic.

"The best offers are the ones that come at the beginning," a well-placed Pacers source told ESPN.com on Saturday, looking back on that drama and comparing it to what's happening in Philadelphia with Iverson.

Sixers chairman Ed Snider has already said definitively that Iverson will be granted his wish and be traded, something Iverson asked for last Monday -- a day after the Sixers lost by 11 at home to Minnesota as Ricky Davis jawed with front-row spectators while scoring 14 fourth-quarter points to lock up the win.

Amid speculation that Davis, or Mike James, and rookie Randy Foye might be the centerpieces of a deal that would send Iverson to Minnesota, Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor on Friday night told the St. Paul Pioneer-Press: "There's no trade. It isn't that I don't like him, just money-wise it wouldn't work out."

And although Taylor backed off those comments somewhat on Saturday, ESPN.com's source, who because of his closeness to Iverson was being kept abreast of all developments, indicated the 76ers weren't enamored of either Davis or the additional pieces they'd have to take back from Minnesota to make the salaries match.

Unlike last year's Artest saga, when his relatively small salary ($6.8 million) gave the Pacers a myriad of options to consider, the Sixers have a limited number of proposals to sift through due to the number of players it would take, in most cases, to have salaries that add up within the range ($13.75 million to $21.5 million) of what is needed to match Iverson's salary (he makes $17.2 million this season, $19.1M in 2007-08 and $21.1M in 2008-9) for the trade to work under NBA rules.

The Celtics have the advantage of being able to add Theo Ratliff's $11.7 million contract into the mix, while the Memphis Grizzlies would be one of the few teams able to offer Philadelphia cap relief for next summer through Eddie Jones' expiring $15.7 million contract -- if not for the inconvenient fact that team president Jerry West's hands are tied because of the pending sale of the team, precluding him from making trades.

Dallas also could offer a package starting with two expiring contracts (Jerry Stackhouse and Austin Croshere), as could New Orleans (Desmond Mason and Mark Jackson add up to almost $13 million), while the Charlotte Bobcats are far enough under the salary cap to take back Iverson in a trade in which the salaries would not have to even come close to matching.

Another team that can't be totally dismissed is the New York Knicks, who are in the unique position of being able to take back both Iverson and Chris Webber in a trade. Because the salaries of Iverson and Webber add up to nearly $38 million, the Knicks would have to offer at least $30.4 million worth of contracts back -- a total that could be reached with a package of Steve Francis, Quentin Richardson, Malik Rose and Channing Frye.

And although the Sixers would prefer to trade Iverson to a Western Conference team, they're going to take the best offer that's out there, East or West, even in their own division -- and they're going to do it soon.

Chris Sheridan covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2693389

shafir
12-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Here is the article:

WHOAH! The Knicks may be in the running!:banana: ......but its not going to happen :violin:

MaxFly
12-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Can't wait.

shafir
12-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Can't wait.
Who can?http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/images/smilies/gony.gif

kentatm
12-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Mavs Mavs Mavs!

dunno why im setting myself up for dissapointment.

FireMcFailPlease
12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
mcfail better not let this one slip past

GoRapz
12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
I was kinda expecting tonight.

Jailblazers7
12-10-2006, 08:51 PM
i think it will be either Minny or Boston most likely Boston

shafir
12-10-2006, 08:52 PM
i think it will be either Minny or Boston most likely Boston
IMO, its Boston. PP and AI will be a scary duo, watch out NBA!:violin:

MaxFly
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Mavs Mavs Mavs!

dunno why im setting myself up for dissapointment.

Cuban said no, didn't he... Before Cuban said anything, I actually though it was a possibility though.

FireMcFailPlease
12-10-2006, 08:54 PM
what else can boston offer besides gerald green?

theo?

MaxFly
12-10-2006, 08:54 PM

:D

The problem is that I'm not even sure if we're that interested. I haven't heard anything from Ainge. Maybe he's working behind the scenes, but the silence certainly makes me a little more anxious.

MaxFly
12-10-2006, 08:56 PM

theo?

Theo, Szerbiak... Gomes, Telfair... Our whole roster is fair game with the exception of Paul, and maybe Al Jefferson and even Al... :confusedshrug:

Bourne
12-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Well isn't it true though that trades only get announced during the hours the nba offices are open? i.e...... not the weekend?

I bet it will be announced later in the week though, not tomorrow.

FireMcFailPlease
12-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Theo, Szerbiak... Gomes, Telfair... Our whole roster is fair game with the exception of Paul, and maybe Al Jefferson and even Al... :confusedshrug::confusedshrug:

itll be interesting who gets him.

Personally i dont buy into media sources until the deal is fully done.

i mean, espn was boastin chicago white sox for getting a deal for soriano on the deadline, and it didnt happen.

thenextgreatbigman
12-10-2006, 09:00 PM
i don't want him

Jam.22_
It will be the Celtics, it has to be. Knicks will never get him and Cuban already said no, unless he changed his mind.

GOBB
I will boycott the Sixers if they trade with the Knicks and bring back my worst nightmare in return.

MaxFly
12-10-2006, 09:01 PM
I will boycott the Sixers if they trade with the Knicks and bring back my worst nightmare in return.

Marbury?

JSub
12-10-2006, 09:02 PM
KG and AI deserve each other. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Bourne
12-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Trade him to the Columbus blue jackets

Jam.22_
12-10-2006, 09:03 PM

You want him to get beat up? :confusedshrug:

FireMcFailPlease
12-10-2006, 09:03 PM
lmao for rick nash to the flyers?

StroShow4
12-10-2006, 09:04 PM
i don't want him

i dont want him to go to the knicks either.. i like the current knicks team and i think they are improving.

i hope he goes to the t-wolves.

IGGYIVERSON
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
i hope he doesnt go to Boston. i dont like any of Boston's young guys and i want AI to get a ring. won't happen in Boston.

telephone
12-10-2006, 09:09 PM
mavs mavs mavs mavs mavs mavs come on

GOBB
12-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Marbury?

Steve Francis.

IGGYIVERSON
12-10-2006, 09:11 PM
if he goes to the Mavs (which he won't) Dallas will finally be a "tough" team.

they're soft as feathers right now.

Jam.22_
12-10-2006, 09:12 PM
mavs mavs mavs mavs mavs mavs come on

Mark Cuban said no.

MaxFly
12-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Steve Francis.

Close enough.

23jordan23
12-10-2006, 09:47 PM
The Knicks scenerio wont work here is why ..All the players on the Knicks think just like Iverson "shoot first..Pass second" (eg: Marbury,Francis,Nate,Crawford)thats would b a dumb move for Iverson..He needs a team that "needs" a offensive minded player not a team that has lots of them already.

The Boston deal could possibly work because Pierce wouldn't mind playing 2nd fiddle to A.I ..Plus Pierce needs that second scorer since the departure of Walker..But I was never a celts fan and would b odd seeing A.I in the green..Plus I dont think they would b strong enough to be solid contenders (in the playoffs)they're still lacking solid big men.

Minnesota I feel is his best bet they pretty much always needed a player like A.I to compliment KG..This can honestly be like the new age Oscar Robertson/Kareem Combo and they would have a nice balace of young/veteran players.May just have to tweak the bench a little and they should b decent to make a run.I just dont like kevin mchale as a GM.If he wants to keep his job and Garnett he would do all he can do to bring the answer to Minnesota.

Sacarmento-Not bad with A.I/Artest but they have noone else??With Bibby being dealt to philly

Dallas-They would b dumb to add A.I to the mix just because Dirk is there man who handles the bulk of the scoring and terry compliments Dirk pretty well as the 2nd scorer .If it aint broke dont fix it!

Bobcats-Nope! too young A.I wants a contender ..Hes better off staying in Philly than going to Charlotte.

New Orleans-I wouldnt be mad at that at all jus because Iverson would just have to show up to put the ball in the bucket..playing along side CP who would feed iverson all night.They also have a solid group of guys that would fitt nice with A.I ..Peja/Chandler/West..

...KG N AI!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!:lol: :roll: :lol:

:bowdown:

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
12-10-2006, 09:51 PM
i hope the knicks get a.i.

Francis, Frye, Malik and Q Rich can go and we'll also get webber in the deal.

you never know..

StroShow4
12-10-2006, 09:51 PM
this emoticon :lol: kinda freaks me out

MaxFly
12-10-2006, 09:55 PM
The Boston deal could possibly work because Pierce wouldn't mind playing 2nd fiddle to A.I ..

No no no no no... This is one thing that will not happen. AI will not take over if he comes here. Paul is the leader of this team. AI will be the one playing second fiddle.

XxNeXuSxX
12-10-2006, 09:58 PM
No no no no no... This is one thing that will not happen. AI will not take over if he comes here. Paul is the leader of this team. AI will be the one playing second fiddle.
True, AI will realize this is Paul's team and he will take the second option to get a ring.

imjustlikemusiq
12-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Where is Memphis? They have the pieces to make this happen, what are they doing?:wtf:

boshraptor4life
12-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Where is Memphis? They have the pieces to make this happen, what are they doing?:wtf:
They are being sold. West isn't really allowed to make any moves.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
12-10-2006, 10:06 PM
You Think Memphis would give up pieces like Lowry and Gay?

Q, Frye, Francis and Malik for A.I. and Webber doesn't help out youth in the future.

Frye is going to be something else but if we trade up frye then we still got lee and balkman.

Do It.

C-Webb
12-10-2006, 10:10 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/ej19/iverson1_200_021216.jpg

XxNeXuSxX
12-10-2006, 10:11 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/ej19/iverson1_200_021216.jpg
lol

lemondude
12-10-2006, 10:12 PM
no denver, well there goes carmelo's dream............

also, PP is so great boston is just not a great team.

As for NYK, I don't know why they suk they have SF, marbury AND Q, how could they lose????????
that's practically an all start line up.

XxNeXuSxX
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
no denver, well there goes carmelo's dream............

also, PP is so great boston is just not a great team.

As for NYK, I don't know why they suk they have SF, marbury AND Q, how could they lose????????
that's practically an all start line up.
Well, I can't understand a word of this post, so I'm going to say the Knicks suck because their immense talent doesn't mesh with headcases like Marbury 'leading' them.

lemondude
12-10-2006, 10:17 PM
marbury is ok, didn't he say he is the best PG of nba today.

XxNeXuSxX
12-10-2006, 10:18 PM
marbury is ok, didn't he say he is the best PG of nba today.
:oldlol: Yes he did, very modestly statement form him. :lol:

Bourne
12-10-2006, 10:21 PM
True, AI will realize this is Paul's team and he will take the second option to get a ring.

:lol:

imjustlikemusiq
12-10-2006, 10:23 PM
They are being sold. West isn't really allowed to make any moves.True, True
But they have some guys to move.. Jones, Lowry, maybe even Gay, also Mike Miller is on the block, Hackim Warrick is an interesting piece, and i think Iverson could keep them respectable until Gasol returns, and once he does it could be a hell of a duo

XxNeXuSxX
12-10-2006, 10:24 PM
:lol:
:lol: :lol:

funkylikemonkey
12-10-2006, 10:29 PM
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7798/iversontradetj2ka5st6.png

whaley82
12-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Wow never expected that...AI and Kobe...

telephone
12-10-2006, 10:32 PM
lol its FAKE.

XxNeXuSxX
12-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Wow never expected that...AI and Kobe...
You are kidding right?

XxNeXuSxX
12-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Is this true or did you make it up?
:sleeping

Jam.22_
12-10-2006, 10:35 PM
LMAO, it's fake. Why don't you go check for yourselves?

imjustlikemusiq
12-10-2006, 10:39 PM
LOL who would spend so much time on a fake

Spike Spiegel
12-10-2006, 10:43 PM
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7798/iversontradetj2ka5st6.png

Ha ha nice.

EDIT: pwnage edited.

Skywalker
12-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Spike are you drunk or did you lose your glasses?

thenextgreatbigman
12-10-2006, 10:47 PM
i hope the knicks get a.i.

Francis, Frye, Malik and Q Rich can go and we'll also get webber in the deal.

you never know..
no that i think about it, if we can throw in nate im all for it.

Bourne
12-10-2006, 10:49 PM

oh sh

Spike Spiegel
12-10-2006, 10:50 PM

LOL!

Actually, it's both.

No class tomorrow. :pimp:

GOBB
12-10-2006, 10:52 PM
:roll: I love that photoshop. Also love the IDIOTS claiming its fake.

ThaKid
12-10-2006, 10:54 PM
can someone photoshop Iverson in a Raptors jersey?....jus for my amusement

telephone
12-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Its Is Fake You Dumbass Gobb

GOBB
12-10-2006, 10:58 PM

No its not.

XxNeXuSxX
12-10-2006, 11:00 PM
:roll:

AI09
12-10-2006, 11:02 PM
:party: :party: :party:

jaja
12-10-2006, 11:13 PM
sad how this team treated thier player who has been a star for them forever. like they treated barkley

Serge
12-11-2006, 02:45 AM
sad how this team treated thier player who has been a star for them forever. like they treated barkley

Exactly could not agree with you more that is why sa much as I love the Sixers I am not going to keep my season tickets next season.

Also if Billy King trades AI to the sucky Knicks I will be so mad not even funny.

Also that Lakers thing was not true the deal never happened for those who think it did just check out ESPN.com

But here is what the Lakers coach said to ESPN before there game:

Iverson in royal purple?
Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he wouldn't rule out a trade that would send Iverson to Los Angeles and pair him with Kobe Bryant.
"I think he has trade value. Certain teams know what he could do for them," Jackson said Sunday before the Lakers-Spurs game in Los Angeles. "Other teams would say no thank you at this time.

"I wouldn't say outright we have no interest."

--Associated Press

If you don't believe me just look:

bagelred
12-11-2006, 02:53 PM
This is strange, because finally I think this is a trade Isiah SHOULD make.

If you have a chance to get Iverson, I think the Knicks need to do this. FINALLY, a legitimate superstar becomes available with still a few top years left, how can Isiah say no?

Why not offer Francis, Frye, and Richardson for Iverson and see what happens....

I would even do a bigger deal for Iverson and Webber if this would convince 76ers. Webber only have year and a half on his contract left and I think Knicks are one of few teams that could "eat" it if they wanted.

Try to pawn off alot of the excess garbage for 76ers and see what happens. 76ers might blink and go for it.

Francis, Frye, and Robinson might work for AI.

GOBB
12-11-2006, 03:00 PM
This is strange, because finally I think this is a trade Isiah SHOULD make.

If you have a chance to get Iverson, I think the Knicks need to do this. FINALLY, a legitimate superstar becomes available with still a few top years left, how can Isiah say no?

Why not offer Francis, Frye, and Richardson for Iverson and see what happens....

I would even do a bigger deal for Iverson and Webber if this would convince 76ers. Webber only have year and a half on his contract left and I think Knicks are one of few teams that could "eat" it if they wanted.

Try to pawn off alot of the excess garbage for 76ers and see what happens. 76ers might blink and go for it.

Francis, Frye, and Robinson might work for AI.

1. I dont want Francis
2. Nate Robinson isnt special
3. Francis makes $15mil, $16.4mil, $17.2mil the next 3yrs, why would Philly eat that?

SoCalMike
12-11-2006, 03:03 PM

Dude, thats just Philly culture... ever been to that town? Its normal...

Philly fan is a different kind of fan.

:pimp:

bagelred
12-11-2006, 03:06 PM
1. I dont want Francis
2. Nate Robinson isnt special
3. Francis makes $15mil, $16.4mil, $17.2mil the next 3yrs, why would Philly eat that?

I don't know, Francis can still be a productive scorer, which 76ers are going to need without Iverson, and Frye and Robinson are two young talents 76ers to build around for future.

I'm not saying 76ers should do it, but I know Knicks should definitely offer it.....

dejordan
12-11-2006, 03:10 PM
not to defend billy king here, but didn't charles and ai ask to be traded? or did the team do something underhanded to prompt them to get out of town?

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-11-2006, 03:11 PM
To be honest with you a person with a good basketball IQ in Philly knows what A.I. has done and still appreciates that even after what Iverson put this team through. To be honest, IMO he hasn't put this team through too much bul-sh!t. He didn't trade for Webber. If this guy practiced everyday with the team he would have never made a bad headline beside that crap with his chick. I will always rememeber A.I. for bringing Philly to the Finals. I'll probally never forget his tirade about practice either. It's just the bandwagon, not your everyday/die-hard NBA Philly 76er fan that dis-credits what A.I. did for this city and team.

TheBigAristotle1
12-11-2006, 03:12 PM
The Lakers would probably have to part with Odom and Bynum to make this trade work. Personally I think the T-wolves are the best team to do it. The sixers have a hard on for Randy Foye, so you can convince them to take way less then equal value for AI. Foye+Hassell+Davis+Draftpick+Filler(Mike James perhaps?) for AI.

Pat Riley is looking smarter and smarter all the time, he had the Balls to trade Caron Butler and Lamar Odom for Shaq and he won a title. Most GM's lack the nuts to agree to a trade that big. AI+KG<Wade+Shaq but it gives you a chance.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Lakers would never give up Bynum and Odom for A.I. NEVER!

bagelred
12-11-2006, 03:14 PM
The Lakers would probably have to part with Odom and Bynum to make this trade work. Personally I think the T-wolves are the best team to do it. The sixers have a hard on for Randy Foye, so you can convince them to take way less then equal value for AI. Foye+Hassell+Davis+Draftpick+Filler(Mike James perhaps?) for AI.

Pat Riley is looking smarter and smarter all the time, he had the Balls to trade Caron Butler and Lamar Odom for Shaq and he won a title. Most GM's lack the nuts to agree to a trade that big. AI+KG<Wade+Shaq but it gives you a chance.

It doesn't take much balls to want Shaquille O'Neal for borderline All Stars at best (most likely never AllStars). Neither Butler or Odom will ever be close to O'Neal. They are easily replaceable. There is only one Shaq. Easy trade.

Real Men Wear Green
12-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Actually, AI and KG would be better than Wade and O'Neil were last season. O'Neal has fallen off big-time to the point where KG is definitely better and Iverson vs. Wade is basically a wash.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I am really just sitting here waiting for this trade to go down. I have confidence it will go down by tonight. I just hope he doesn't go to the T-Wolves.

TheBigAristotle1
12-11-2006, 03:18 PM
It doesn't take much balls to want Shaquille O'Neal for borderline All Stars at best (most likely never AllStars). Neither Butler or Odom will ever be close to O'Neal. They are easily replaceable. There is only one Shaq. Easy trade.

And yet most GM's don't have the balls to do it.

bagelred
12-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Actually, AI and KG would be better than Wade and O'Neil were last season. O'Neal has fallen off big-time to the point where KG is definitely better and Iverson vs. Wade is basically a wash.

This is a classic case of a "bust" waiting to happen. Just because you throw AI and KG on same team doesn't mean "championship". too many other factors and too many other great teams in West. If KG went to Philly, they'd have much better shot in East to make it work.

It sounds nice KG and AI, but I think it's doomed to failure.

SoCalMike
12-11-2006, 03:19 PM
I am really just sitting here waiting for this trade to go down. I have confidence it will go down by tonight. I just hope he doesn't go to the T-Wolves.

And I hope the Lakers don't do something stupid here...

:pimp:

GOBB
12-11-2006, 03:21 PM
I swear as GoBB is my witness...if a trade goes down and Steve Francis ends up a Sixer? I will not cheer/root/attend any games until he is gone. I dont care if Sixers win the lottery and Oden comes out. I refuse to be a fan of a team with Steve Francis on it.

Period.

bagelred
12-11-2006, 03:22 PM
I swear as GoBB is my witness...if a trade goes down and Steve Francis ends up a Sixer? I will not cheer/root/attend any games until he is gone. I dont care if Sixers win the lottery and Oden comes out. I refuse to be a fan of a team with Steve Francis on it.

Period.

Replace "Sixers" with "Knicks" and now you know how I feel.

Real Men Wear Green
12-11-2006, 03:22 PM
This is a classic case of a "bust" waiting to happen. Just because you throw AI and KG on same team doesn't mean "championship". too many other factors and too many other great teams in West. If KG went to Philly, they'd have much better shot in East to make it work.

It sounds nice KG and AI, but I think it's doomed to failure.
I'm just talking about whether they'd be a better duo than Wade and Shaq, not whether or not they win the title.

TheBigAristotle1
12-11-2006, 03:23 PM
If Miami had played in the west they might never have made it. The two toughest teams they faced in the east were the Bulls and the Pistons. Imagine them facing Phoenix, San Antonio and Dallas on their way to the finals. Not pretty. And That is exactly who'd they face assuming they were a 5 seed.

TheBigAristotle1
12-11-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm just talking about whether they'd be a better duo than Wade and Shaq, not whether or not they win the title.

That's unknowable until KG and AI are on the same team.

Real Men Wear Green
12-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Lots of things we discuss are unknowable, doesn't mean we can't discuss them.

FireMcFailPlease
12-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Lots of things we discuss are unknowable, doesn't mean we can't discuss them.
this suspense is killing me.

AI trade talk totally dominated my weekend.

GOBB
12-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know if its legal to sit a player out not because of displinary actions/team conduct nor injury but just for the sake of it? I mean AI is healthy and wants to play. He's not suspended, he's not injured but he isnt being allowed to play. Isnt that a grievance or its ok since he still gets paid?

Sixers play Portland tonight. 3rd game he will miss.

Real Men Wear Green
12-11-2006, 03:35 PM
He'd file a greivance if he could, wouldn't he?

MK2V1GP
12-11-2006, 03:36 PM
if minny doesnt do this, i will be depressed, this is exactly the perfect situation for them, if they want to win AND keep KG. its what KG wants. what does taylor mean, moneywise it wont work? he's a jackass, of course they'll work, but he just doesnt want to win it seems like:mad:

it will end up bein NY or Boston. i put my money on the knicks. they have the right kind of combo, expirers plus francis, but marbury and AI would be horrible.

the ONLY place that makes sense IS minnesota.
KG+AI=good chemistry
AI+Kobe=both are ball dominant
AI+Pierce=same as kobe, but not to an extent
AI+Dirk=i dont see this happenin at all
AI+Melo=nope
AI+any other "star" wont work

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wake up minnesota management!!!!!!!!!!

this is ur chance to redeem urselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if they dont, hopefully that'll be the last straw for KG and he'll get tired of all the crap and demand a trade himself.

MaxFly
12-11-2006, 04:02 PM

Period.

Gobb, are you seriously rocking an avatar with Iverson wearing a Celtics jersey? Welcome to the darkside... :D

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Does anyone know if its legal to sit a player out not because of displinary actions/team conduct nor injury but just for the sake of it? I mean AI is healthy and wants to play. He's not suspended, he's not injured but he isnt being allowed to play. Isnt that a grievance or its ok since he still gets paid?

IF this were to happen last year, the Sixers wouldn't be able to pay A.I. if he was able to play. The league changed rules during the off-season. If this happened last year, A.I. would have a reason to file a grievance because he would be losing money. Under this years rules he doesn't lose a penny so he has no reason to file a grievance because he demanded a trade.

Rasheed1
12-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Not mad at AI....

I went to a game last week (vs. Minnesota) and it was obvious that they dont play hard as a team....

it was really annoying to watch them 'half ass' it thru out a game they should have won..

I could tell by reading Iverson's comments that he was unhappy about almost everything about the team at that point....

cant blame him for requesting a trade... SAS has been saying AI has wanted to do this for awhile

I do however blame him as part of the reason he couldnt win a title here...

I dont think he's been surrounded by nearly enough talent and since larry brown left, team hasnt even had an identity other than Iverson's team...that to me, is Billy King's fault(time for him to lose his job too btw)

But Iverson has never had enough courage to say what needs to be said to his teammates even if it means getting on their bad sides... I obviously dont know what is said in the locker room, but from all the interviews I have seen over the years, he has always avoided callin out teammates like it was the plague.... and Im not talking about namin names..

Im talking about being the guy who takes the role of the leader vocally as well as on the court..... this year's team especially seems like they need a kick in their ass each quarter to keep them from losing focus...the greatest players didnt have any problem with hurtin some feelings if it got the message across that losing was not an acceptable habit for this team.... Even when they were playing well in 2001, Eric Snow and Aaron Mckie were the leaders on the team and Iverson was the star/engine....

I hope we can get into the greg oden sweeptakes and get something good going soon... we dont want a repeat of what happened when Barkley left town(years of drek).......

anyway, good luck to AI, hope he gets his ring before he retires....

Philly will always have love for the guy and he is always welcome down olde city and wherever else he used to hang out at.....

ripthekik
12-11-2006, 05:08 PM
it would bring tears to my eyes
when AI comes back to play at philly, and they cheer for him everytime he touches the ball.
that would be brotherly love. :applause:

Inspector Rick
12-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Stern should do everything in his power to get AI in a TWolves jersey. It makes too much sense for it not to happen.

eliteballer
12-11-2006, 05:47 PM
It makes the most sense from AI's perspective to go to Indiana. Even after a trade, they are deep, play good defense, have an All-Star big in JO and play in the East. The West is just too deep that even teaming with KG doesn't guarantee a Finals appearance, like it would in the East.

Heilige
12-11-2006, 06:03 PM
How about Isiah Thomas somehow, someway convinces Memphis to trade Eddie Jones for Steve Francis and 2 draft picks?

In my eyes, David Lee, Channing Frye, Eddy Curry (who is just on a spectacular roll), Quentin Richardson, Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson are untouchable. Q is the damn leader of the Knicks, and they just shouldn't trade him no matter what. You'll never get an equal value from Q because the team that trades for him won't give you a good player. Nate Robinson is out of control, but guess what? Everytime he is in the game, the Knicks go on a run. Every single time. And Jamal has the best chemistry with Curry. No need to disrupt chemistry.

New York can get back to respectability if they can just get rid of Steve Francis and Jerome James. They have the most wins in their division and they have gone through the toughest schedule so far. If they can just move Francis for a shooter (Jones) and move James for anything, they will probably be in the hunt for a divison title.

If they can just go back to the day Scott Layden traded Marcus Camby and stop him, the Knicks team would have been Camby, Stoudemire, Sprewell, Houston and a nobody at PG.

lemondude
12-11-2006, 06:07 PM
It makes the most sense from AI's perspective to go to Indiana. Even after a trade, they are deep, play good defense, have an All-Star big in JO and play in the East. The West is just too deep that even teaming with KG doesn't guarantee a Finals appearance, like it would in the East.

lies man, the east doesn't suk, they been winning the all star game for sometime now.
Also, the east is al about dunks and flashy moves. The western teams can win games, but they got no crazy moves.

dantin003
12-11-2006, 06:30 PM
They are the only team that has the right pieces to make a trade, plus they are in the WEstern Conference. It's gonna be Bibby plus one or two expiring contracts for Iverson. And you can quote me on that one!:rockon:

BradMiller52
12-11-2006, 06:33 PM
They are the only team that has the right pieces to make a trade, plus they are in the WEstern Conference. It's gonna be Bibby plus one or two expiring contracts for Iverson. And you can quote me on that one!:rockon:

I wish...

craigthomasb
12-11-2006, 06:37 PM
if i was the sixers i want to trade iverson for eddie jones and memphis's #1 pick and kyle lowry, then they get a young PG to replace iverson with huge potential and a low 20's pick probably. memphis would have a pretty solid team with gay, gasol, miller, swift iverson , could be interesting, sixers probably with their top 5 pick should be looking for bradon wirght, they'd just have to wait for webber to expire then make a run for soem big free agents to add to their talented young crop of players

lowry / williams
carney / memphis pick?
igudouala / korver
wright / randolph
dalembert / 2008 pick

then when webber expiers, or if they can trade him for a better exprier they can go out and get some big pieces for the puzzle in the 2008 offseason

bagelred
12-11-2006, 06:37 PM
IF this were to happen last year, the Sixers wouldn't be able to pay A.I. if he was able to play. The league changed rules during the off-season. If this happened last year, A.I. would have a reason to file a grievance because he would be losing money. Under this years rules he doesn't lose a penny so he has no reason to file a grievance because he demanded a trade.

What case could Iverson have? As long as they pay him every cent of his contract, Sixers aren't FORCED to play him. It's at their discretion. They pay scrubs money in a contract, and they never play...do they have a grievance?.....

GOBB
12-11-2006, 06:43 PM
What case could Iverson have? As long as they pay him every cent of his contract, Sixers aren't FORCED to play him. It's at their discretion. They pay scrubs money in a contract, and they never play...do they have a grievance?.....

The scrubs are on the bench. Them not getting time is not the same as being told to stay home for x amount of days. And then being told "No you're not suspended, you're not hurt and need to heal. Just stay home even tho you WANT to play".

AI09
12-11-2006, 06:44 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=193~3003~997~387~366~620&teams=20~20~20~20~16~16

1 or 2 first rounders could be going to philly
Wolves dont have ne 1rst rounders for a while though

FireMcFailPlease
12-11-2006, 06:46 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=193~3003~997~387~366~620&teams=20~20~20~20~16~16

technically we dont have any first rounders for ourselves for a long time.

we can trade all the 1st rounders we want, itll just delay the clippers and boston portion of the deals an extra year

bagelred
12-11-2006, 06:47 PM
The scrubs are on the bench. Them not getting time is not the same as being told to stay home for x amount of days. And then being told "No you're not suspended, you're not hurt and need to heal. Just stay home even tho you WANT to play".

That happens though. Remember Tim Thomas was told to go home?

As long as they pay your salary, I don't see how they can be forced to put you on the roster. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am....

GOBB
12-11-2006, 06:49 PM
That happens though. Remember Tim Thomas was told to go home?

As long as they pay your salary, I don't see how they can be forced to put you on the roster. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am....

Ok

MMM
12-11-2006, 06:52 PM

I don't think Minny can trade any of their future 1st round picks, they owe both the Clippers and the Celtics future 1st. Also it would be nearly impossible to get a first even if it was possible for them to trade them. The Celtics them selves have a slim chance of getting the 1st they are owed. This is why I don't think Minny is really a player in the AI Sweepstakes.

MMM
12-11-2006, 06:55 PM
technically we dont have any first rounders for ourselves for a long time.

we can trade all the 1st rounders we want, itll just delay the clippers and boston portion of the deals an extra year

However when the team you traded the 1st round pick for has to wait 7 years I believe it becomes a 2nd round pick. And with the rule of not being able to trade 1st round picks in back to back years it makes it nearly impossible for that pick to be a 1st round pick.

FireMcFailPlease
12-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Ive been surfing boards all day about this, and one of them is for a statewide radio board that has its on air voices come on the boards and chat in the state of minnesota.

one of the personalities said that phil jasner that covers the 6ers for the daily news said the wolves are right there and are close to a 3 team deal? the radio personality said he was just on TV out there.

Dick Biggly
12-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Ive been surfing boards all day about this, and one of them is for a statewide radio board that has its on air voices come on the boards and chat in the state of minnesota.

one of the personalities said that phil jasner that covers the 6ers for the daily news said the wolves are right there and are close to a 3 team deal? the radio personality said he was just on TV out there.

:roll: It'll never happen (obviously) but imagine if they screwed KG with a 3 team deal.

"Good news, Kevin, we traded for AI!"

http://z.about.com/f/wiki/e/en/thumb/f/fc/Kevin_Garnett_smiles.png/250px-Kevin_Garnett_smiles.png

"The bad news is that it was a 3 team deal and we traded you to the Hawks!"
http://www.derok.net/wolves/images/kevin%20garnett%20on%20the%20bench.jpg

I'm pretty sure KG would just blow his brains out at that point.

MaxFly
12-11-2006, 09:42 PM
:roll: It'll never happen (obviously) but imagine if they screwed KG with a 3 team deal.

http://z.about.com/f/wiki/e/en/thumb/f/fc/Kevin_Garnett_smiles.png/250px-Kevin_Garnett_smiles.png

Lol, I'm also pretty sure the Hawks would be the best or second best team in the East.

FireMcFailPlease
12-11-2006, 09:44 PM

lol!!

at first KG was like :D

then he was like:(

Targus
12-11-2006, 09:50 PM
lol!!

at first KG was like :D

then he was like:(

like seriously?! :lol: :cheers:

bigboi_baller
12-11-2006, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=Targus

Imtheman
07-15-2014, 06:57 AM
So this is what its like to go back in time ysu g a time traveling machine:biggums:

Smook A.
07-15-2014, 07:19 AM
Damnnn Iverson and Melo on the same damn team? The nuggets are going to win multiple championships. Melo and The Answer are going to have a Jordan & Pippen type of impact. Shit, they might even become a better duo than Shaq & Kobe ever were.... Oh wait

Magic731
07-15-2014, 08:16 AM

theo?
This fakkit wanted to trade theo for AI :facepalm

HomieWeMajor
07-15-2014, 08:43 AM
GOBB momentarily turned dark skin with rage when he heard that his idol that inspired him through high school and college had been traded.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-15-2014, 09:10 AM
this was 8 years ago. cant even say im getting old anymore, i am old now. :rant

GimmeThat
07-15-2014, 09:21 AM
never considered this to be a blockbuster trade

the idea of AI and Melo scoring was really nice
but I don't think I ever considered that team as a contender
or even Conference Finalist.

this is probably when I started following Nene Hilario
and really thought of him as an underrated big man.

I felt that that era of the Nuggets,
it was just a team that played offense.

post Billups/Melo era Nuggets,
was a team that focused on getting up and down the court faster than the opposing team, and to run at full speed for the whole game whenever players are on the court.

it made those Nuggets team overachieved a bit.
which I actually thought was more exciting than the previous Nuggets

and why I had some more respect for George Karl because of that.