PDA

View Full Version : When Kobe came back out and shot around after the Heat game

Godzuki
03-11-2011, 11:45 PM
were there still people in the stands watching him the whole time? i just read about it but i'm wondering if he came out right after the game ended where there were still fans or if he did it way later after everyone left. I dont' see a thread on this or i'd post it there

AMISTILLILL
03-11-2011, 11:46 PM
God, this story is so overblown.

crisoner
03-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Yeah...my buddy took a pic. I will post soon.

L.Kizzle
03-11-2011, 11:48 PM
A pregnant lady gave birth there, the amulince couldn't get down to her cause everyone was watching Kobe shoot jumpers.

donald_trump
03-11-2011, 11:49 PM
i heard they put up one of those mini bball rings that you can stick to the door on the airplane and he kept shooting! his work ethic is insane.

jstern
03-12-2011, 01:02 AM
This is why so many people who have been watching Kobe since he came into the league say he's contrived. It just screams of, "Look at me and my work ethic, I'm so dedicated." To much of trying to present that image of being like Mike. That's just the vibe that I get from Kobe, including when I was a big fan of his, before I started coming here and his fanboys ruined him for me.

DixieNourmous
03-12-2011, 01:41 AM
This is why so many people who have been watching Kobe since he came into the league say he's contrived. It just screams of, "Look at me and my work ethic, I'm so dedicated." To much of trying to present that image of being like Mike. That's just the vibe that I get from Kobe, including when I was a big fan of his, before I started coming here and his fanboys ruined him for me.

Give it a rest.
Would you rather hear news of him avoiding the press and going straight to the bus?
He didnt ask for sympathy or press, or the nutcases of message boards to care what he does.

He is 3 thousand miles from a friendly home court.

Hulk Hogan
03-12-2011, 01:54 AM

Dude just give it up.

Kobe came back two hours after the game, when EVERYONE was gone...
The only ones there are the ones who work there. Security, ball boys...etc.

He was also the only one there at 3:45 p.m to work out for an hour and 45 mins so STFU!

comerb
03-12-2011, 01:59 AM

whatever dude, he's doing his job. He wants to have a better feel for the court if he happens to face Miami in the finals, I'd expect nothing less out of a superstar player.

I don't even like Kobe, but WTF :facepalm

shadow
03-12-2011, 02:40 AM
You're accusing him of being a fake which is ironic because that's about as real as he gets. The guy is a basketball nerd. You may hate him, you may think whatever of him but he works like a demon. If there is one constant in his career from high school through pros it's his insane work ethic. No one does that for show. If it was that easy a lot of other players would be doing these "contrived" things.

Anyway, that said, personally I think he needed to practice his late game decision making but then again it never hurts to practice.

Jasper
03-12-2011, 03:15 AM
something to think about :

Players come out pre game to warm up as well as get the feel of the floor and the hoop.

Maybe Kobe after the loss , has some thoughts he might be back there in June :confusedshrug:

jdm_dc_fan
03-12-2011, 03:45 AM
yeah because mike was the first to bring work ethic to the nba. :facepalm

Nevaeh
03-12-2011, 04:17 AM

Agreed. people are acting like it's a brand new concept to practice after a game. And I'm sick of hearing about Kobe's "Work Ethic" when he's known to play lax defense and settle for jumpers constantly. He's no different than any other Star player that practices after a game. He just happened to do it with the media around to make a story out of it.

As far as the "Being like Mike" part, most young people didn't know how much Kobe borrowed from MJ until they started watching You-Tube clips. Kobe wants to separate himself to another level above his peers like Mike did, but he can't because his Game's simply not on that level. Kobe was always too much of a Jump shooter to be compared to MJ, who was a little bit of everything during his career.

chazzy
03-12-2011, 04:19 AM
Just like that, this is now an MJ vs Kobe thread

jstern
03-12-2011, 04:21 AM
You're accusing him of being a fake which is ironic because that's about as real as he gets. The guy is a basketball nerd. You may hate him, you may think whatever of him but he works like a demon. If there is one constant in his career from high school through pros it's his insane work ethic. No one does that for show. If it was that easy a lot of other players would be doing these "contrived" things.

Anyway, that said, personally I think he needed to practice his late game decision making but then again it never hurts to practice.
Relax, it’s just an observation, the vibe that I get of Kobe. I specifically said people who basically saw him when he came into league, cause otherwise it’s hard for younger people to understand why someone who has seen him since before he came into the league might feel that way about him. It’s not a dis. It’s just a sincere vibe in the sense that I felt that way then, and I didn’t think negatively of him. It was just like part of his personality, which I think is a key factor in what makes him good. It’s kind of hard to put into words, but like before Kobe came into the league, lets say the media would use certain words to describe Jordan and other players like Bird, and paint an image of those players, like fearless, and you can kind of tell that he adjusts his personality to fit that image, with talk of, “I’m fearless… etc.”

But back to the topic, this is Kobe, do you really think that he practicing in the Heat arena is somehow not going to get notice, even if the game ended 2 hours earlier? And do you think he’s not aware of that. Going by how I see Kobe’s personality, I’m sure he’s very aware of the type of talk that would generate, about how he’s such a hard worker, work ethic, etc. And again, going by what I said earlier of how contrived he came of when he came in to the league, it’s kind of no surprised that he gets this insane attention about what a hard worker he is, since he likes to play that angle. He’s a hard worker, but so are other NBA super stars who don’t go around trying to get attention for it.

knightfall88
03-12-2011, 04:33 AM
[QUOTE=jstern]Relax, it

jstern
03-12-2011, 04:37 AM
stop just stop. worst argument ever.

Of course, you can't understand it, since you were probably born in 88 and to young to know the NBA before Kobe, and to young to know anything really about Kobe until after the 3peat. In other words, you can't relate.

Jacks3
03-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Another Jordan stan with a ridiculous and delusional post concerning Kobe Bryant.

Shocking.

SYM86
03-12-2011, 04:44 AM
were there still people in the stands watching him the whole time? i just read about it but i'm wondering if he came out right after the game ended where there were still fans or if he did it way later after everyone left. I dont' see a thread on this or i'd post it there

he came out after an hour

Nevaeh
03-12-2011, 04:48 AM
By:Jstern

Of course, you can't understand it, since you were probably born in 88 and to young to know the NBA before Kobe, and to young to know anything really about Kobe until after the 3peat. In other words, you can't relate.

Jstern, you don't need to apologize for the vibe that you get about anybody. I was one of those people who was around when he first came into the league and he always had a "silver spoon" complex. That's not to say he didn't put in the work to improve his game, but at no point in his career was he "head and shoulders above" his competition.

Just when he thought he would get his chance to shine, Wade comes along and then soon after, here comes Lebron, doing things Kobe always wanted to do his rookie season, namely Lead a team. Add to the Fact that Lebron would always upstage Kobe in head to head match-ups, and now teaming with another rival in Wade, and it was all Kobe could take.

I think Kobe was also stung that his "Hero" approach during the game failed him,and he needed to work that tension off for his own mental state.

Ne 1
03-12-2011, 04:54 AM
Another Jordan stan with a ridiculous and delusional post concerning Kobe Bryant.

Shocking.

Life has to suck being a Kobe hater. :oldlol:

These dudes are gonna be on the brink of suicide when the Lakers 3-peat in June.

Jacks3
03-12-2011, 04:56 AM
Life has to suck being a Kobe hater. :oldlol:

These dudes are gonna be on the brink of suicide when the Lakers 3-peat in June.
Seriously.

What a bunch of clowns. :oldlol:

jstern
03-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Jstern, you don't need to apologize for the vibe that you get about anybody. I was one of those people who was around when he first came into the league and he always had a "silver spoon" complex. That's not to say he didn't put in the work to improve his game, but at no point in his career was he "head and shoulders above" his competition.

Just when he thought he would get his chance to shine, Wade comes along and then soon after, here comes Lebron, doing things Kobe always wanted to do his rookie season, namely Lead a team. Add to the Fact that Lebron would always upstage Kobe in head to head match-ups, and now teaming with another rival in Wade, and it was all Kobe could take.

I think Kobe was also stung that his "Hero" approach during the game failed him,and he needed to work that tension off for his own mental state.
I was reading the Phil jackson book at the time when Lebron got drafted, and because of that book I thought that Kobe must be seriously pisses off, so from that time I was really curious about their first meeting and how Kobe would react, body language. At the time I was kind of disappointed that Lebron was taking Kobe's thunder, but that book put him in a different light. I also realized that time had passed by quick and Kobe had been in the league for seven years and that he was way behind Jordan and now here's this new guy.

King24
03-12-2011, 05:23 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah, I'm sure the 3 time champ and already 1st Ballot Hall-Of-Famer was worrying about LeBron. These Jordan stans are nuts. lol @ these clown trying to play the amateur psychologist. :roll:

playtetris
03-12-2011, 05:32 AM
i think it's as much about mind games as it is about attention (he gets a lot of that already, don'tchathink?). it's him saying to the heat: "you may have got me today, but next time i'll be ready for a historic showdown, here OR at staples".

Shep
03-12-2011, 07:14 AM
i think it's as much about mind games as it is about attention (he gets a lot of that already, don'tchathink?). it's him saying to the heat: "you may have got me today, but next time i'll be ready for a historic showdown, here OR at staples".
you would've thought he'd be ready this time after getting embarassed on christmas

Laker4Lyfe
03-12-2011, 07:35 AM

Well I was born in 1964 and I don't understand it neither.

ZenMaster
03-12-2011, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=jstern] He

d.bball.guy
03-12-2011, 08:30 AM
A pregnant lady gave birth there, the amulince couldn't get down to her cause everyone was watching Kobe shoot jumpers.
:roll::roll::roll:

AirJordan&Magic
03-12-2011, 11:58 AM

Say what you want about his stans (And even I said that him shooting after the game was not going to change the epic chokejob he pulled), but comments and observations like those are delusional.

What is so "contrived" about working on your jumper after a horrible shooting night? Even though it was really his shot selection that he needed to think about, I don't see why you guys make such a big deal about every little thing this man does..... Give it a rest.

IGOTGAME
03-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Say what you want about his stans (And even I said that him shooting after the game was not going to change the epic chokejob he pulled), but comments and observations like those are delusional.

What is so "contrived" about working on your jumper after a horrible shooting night? Even though it was really his shot selection that he needed to think about, I don't see why you guys make such a big deal about every little thing this man does..... Give it a rest.

this

jstern
03-12-2011, 12:19 PM
People don't understand what I mean. We all are a little like that, Kobe just takes it to another level. The work is real, he just seems to do also do it for that image. Like this one time he excuse himself in a dinner to go practice, because some celebrity was teasing him.

Anyway, I found this thread by Googling Kobe contrived. I remember it.

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=190281

Like I said, it's not necessarily a bad thing if true. Just a big effort to get recognize for his hard work. Like your children making sure you see them doing their chores so that they can get the credit.

AirJordan&Magic
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
People don't understand what I mean. We all are a little like that, Kobe just takes it to another level. The work is real, he just seems to do also do it for that image. Like this one time he excuse himself in a dinner to go practice, because some celebrity was teasing him.

Like I said, it's not necessarily a bad thing if true. Just a big effort to get recognize for his hard work. Like your children making sure you see them doing their chores so that they can get the credit.

Well, now that you put it that way, its a little more understandable.

Heat007
03-12-2011, 01:54 PM
So the day after his late-night shooting exhibition in Miami, Kobe Bryant sits out Lakers' practice in Dallas? Hmmm,

Let's see what happened for what it really is people. Kobe is a total attention whore and everyone close to him knows it. He can't stand Miami being in the media all the the time and decided to get the cameras on him in the Lakers only trip to Miami after he got schooled by DWade in the 4th quarter.

Why do you think he decided to do this for the first time since 2004 in MIAMI ?? It's been so many years, and in the one night all year in Miami ? Make no mistake about it, if Miami wasn't a good team this year and didn't have the attention, Kobe wouldn't have ran to the cameras desperate for a little attention.

It's no coincidence that this is the first time he's pulled this on the road since 2004.. In Miami, in a year when they acquire LeBron to team up with Wade. And a night where he looked horrible in the final 3 quarters.

Why was he working on his shot when the problem was he couldn't get separation from Wade? He should have been working on trying to create room for himself if anything. And he should have been working on his defensive game.

And of course, Kobe was offered a private court for Kobe to practice his shots that was very nearby just a few steps away, with no reporters, no cameras, nobody around.. But he wanted the attention because he's a pathetic whore

Point worth noting: Heat did have private practice court for Kobe, which would have inconvenienced far fewer working at arena.

http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat

Attention whore.

Hulk Hogan
03-12-2011, 02:06 PM
In 1994, a coach in Philadelphia stated every day when he went to work, at 5 am there would be the sound of squeaking sneakers and basketball dribbling in the gym. That player that was always in there before the school even opened was Kobe Bryant. In 1996, while making his decision to skip college and bring his game to the professional level, Kobe Bryant was heavily scrutinized for being too immature for the NBA. The media, his peers, and the rest of the league questioned his heart and ability to make plays, and labelled him a selfish, arrogant waste of money after he shot 2 airballs as a rookie in a utah playoff game. A year later, a league wide media report came out and said that Kobe Bryant had small hands, no muscle, weak frame, weak jumpshot, defensive lapses, offense first midset and selfish style of play. They said that Kobe will not be able to become a winner in this league because he lacks the "it" factor. Through all media scrutiny, one aspect remained constant. Kobe Bryant was always the first person in the gym and the last one to leave. After winning 3 titles with the Lakers, he was labelled as the secondary option and his contributions to said titles were discounted. People said that those titles were won by shaq and Kobe couldnt do it on his own. After several fueds with his teammates, coaches and a colorado incident, Kobe was labelled "uncoachable, selfish, immature, arrogrant, and a criminal." Through all these times, one thing remained a constant, Kobe Bryant was the first person in the gym and the last to leave. After single-handedly carrying the Lakers in the playoffs and being undoubtedly the most valuable player in the league, the media and the league refused to give him the MVP award. A few years later, Kobe Bryant again made 3 appearances in the finals, winning 2 of them and has been currently labelled "old and slow." Through all this negativity, there is still one thing that remains a constant, Kobe Bryant is still the first person to be in the gym and the last guy to leave. This is RyderzDelight, reminding you that DETERMINATION counts!

Suck it up haters!

Ne 1
03-12-2011, 02:14 PM
In 1994, a coach in Philadelphia stated every day when he went to work, at 5 am there would be the sound of squeaking sneakers and basketball dribbling in the gym. That player that was always in there before the school even opened was Kobe Bryant. In 1996, while making his decision to skip college and bring his game to the professional level, Kobe Bryant was heavily scrutinized for being too immature for the NBA. The media, his peers, and the rest of the league questioned his heart and ability to make plays, and labelled him a selfish, arrogant waste of money after he shot 2 airballs as a rookie in a utah playoff game. A year later, a league wide media report came out and said that Kobe Bryant had small hands, no muscle, weak frame, weak jumpshot, defensive lapses, offense first midset and selfish style of play. They said that Kobe will not be able to become a winner in this league because he lacks the "it" factor. Through all media scrutiny, one aspect remained constant. Kobe Bryant was always the first person in the gym and the last one to leave. After winning 3 titles with the Lakers, he was labelled as the secondary option and his contributions to said titles were discounted. People said that those titles were won by shaq and Kobe couldnt do it on his own. After several fueds with his teammates, coaches and a colorado incident, Kobe was labelled "uncoachable, selfish, immature, arrogrant, and a criminal." Through all these times, one thing remained a constant, Kobe Bryant was the first person in the gym and the last to leave. After single-handedly carrying the Lakers in the playoffs and being undoubtedly the most valuable player in the league, the media and the league refused to give him the MVP award. A few years later, Kobe Bryant again made 3 appearances in the finals, winning 2 of them and has been currently labelled "old and slow." Through all this negativity, there is still one thing that remains a constant, Kobe Bryant is still the first person to be in the gym and the last guy to leave. This is RyderzDelight, reminding you that DETERMINATION counts!

:bowdown:

His preparation and dedication to the game is astonishing.

AlphaWolf24
03-12-2011, 02:36 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oxbuA5BxEEE/S7sKx0qefzI/AAAAAAAABng/-H0VGVAv5Nc/s1600/space_jam_poster.png

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fVLDJLaGCpQ/RztHLwBGSlI/AAAAAAAAAUo/ZUZeESbZ36U/s400/MJ%2Bwhite%2Bgirls.bmp

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/michael_jordan2-306x400.jpg

1. contrived - showing effects of planning or manipulation; "a novel with a contrived ending"
planned - designed or carried out according to a plan; "the planned outlays for new equipment"
2. contrived - artificially formal; "that artificial humility that her husband hated"; "contrived coyness"; "a stilted letter of acknowledgment"; "when people try to correct their speech they develop a stilted pronunciation"

look at the Space Jam picture..MJays Photochopped to all h@Yellll...lol

OhNoTimNoSho
03-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Its spelled amba-lamps

Kurosawa0
03-12-2011, 03:54 PM
What it told me was the Miami Heat are kinda in Kobe's head. He clearly staged that to send a message, whatever it might be. What I found interesting was that he decided he needed to send that message after losing to Miami specifically. He didn't do this after losing to Boston or San Antonio.

I really think he looks at this Miami team and really wonders if he has enough left in the tank to get by both LeBron and Wade.

Like I said, for some reason, whatever his message was he chose to send it after losing to Miami.

G-Funk
03-12-2011, 05:01 PM
God, this dudes wanna belittle everything good this guy does...and go on full force when he doesn't

Godzuki
03-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Tbh the whole reason i asked this question was because of it being genuine vs show. I'm still not sure what the truth is here since a few people said Kobe came out when there were still tons of fans, and somebody said it was 2 hours afterward when thre were only employee's.

not trying to start a MJ vs Kobe thread but i'd give Kobe a lot more credit if it didn't seem based on the fans being there at all. hell i'd think he was a beast if it were dark courts with the lights out and shooting that late after the game because he's so pissed about the loss. i still give him credit if its right after the game but it implies more show to it imo.

Batz
03-12-2011, 05:17 PM
God, this story is so overblown.
Especially when he does this like after every loss...

Godzuki
03-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Especially when he does this like after every loss...

does he? if that was true i'm pretty sure it would have been reported before or even with this big deal, making it a not so big deal. if anyone would know it would be media anyways i'd think.

AirJordan&Magic
03-12-2011, 05:24 PM
So the day after his late-night shooting exhibition in Miami, Kobe Bryant sits out Lakers' practice in Dallas? Hmmm,

Let's see what happened for what it really is people. Kobe is a total attention whore and everyone close to him knows it. He can't stand Miami being in the media all the the time and decided to get the cameras on him in the Lakers only trip to Miami after he got schooled by DWade in the 4th quarter.

Why do you think he decided to do this for the first time since 2004 in MIAMI ?? It's been so many years, and in the one night all year in Miami ? Make no mistake about it, if Miami wasn't a good team this year and didn't have the attention, Kobe wouldn't have ran to the cameras desperate for a little attention.

It's no coincidence that this is the first time he's pulled this on the road since 2004.. In Miami, in a year when they acquire LeBron to team up with Wade. And a night where he looked horrible in the final 3 quarters.

Why was he working on his shot when the problem was he couldn't get separation from Wade? He should have been working on trying to create room for himself if anything. And he should have been working on his defensive game.

And of course, Kobe was offered a private court for Kobe to practice his shots that was very nearby just a few steps away, with no reporters, no cameras, nobody around.. But he wanted the attention because he's a pathetic whore

http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat

Attention whore.

What I see it for is working out on your shots after a bad shooting night, which is what many people that actually play competitive basketball do... I'm not even defending him because I lost some respect for Kobe after he shot the Lakers out that game, but the man is a hard worker, and THAT, I do respect.

Idiots like you are delusional and close minded. What makes you so sure that it's Kobe's intention to get noticed? If you're not going to give a sensible answer, then just save the trolling.

AirJordan&Magic
03-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Tbh the whole reason i asked this question was because of it being genuine vs show. I'm still not sure what the truth is here since a few people said Kobe came out when there were still tons of fans, and somebody said it was 2 hours afterward when thre were only employee's.

not trying to start a MJ vs Kobe thread but i'd give Kobe a lot more credit if it didn't seem based on the fans being there at all. hell i'd think he was a beast if it were dark courts with the lights out and shooting that late after the game because he's so pissed about the loss. i still give him credit if its right after the game but it implies more show to it imo.

Who cares? Why do you guys ****** these athletes to this extent, that they cannot even have a damn practice shootaround by themselves?

The day after the game, Ray Allen said he does the same after losses. Is his personality contrived? NO.... The difference is, Ray Allen doesn't have as much naive fanboys and retarded haters as Kobe does, nor does he get anywhere near the same media attention.

quick96
03-12-2011, 06:14 PM
That kinda of work ethic is nothing new for KB24.

Kobe "the G.O.A.T." Bryant off season workout plan consists of a warm up. In the morning 2 hr runs. He practices 2 hrs of b-ball. Adds a 1hour of cardio including boxing/jump rope. He has 3 different routines, all with the same warm up. On day 1 & 4 consist of bench presses, lat pull-downs, Military press, & abdominal crunches. Day 2, & 5 consists of Lateral dumbbell raises,bar dips,Triceps, press-downs,Bicep curls, & crunches. Day 3 & day 6 consists of Back squats,front squats,Leg curls...

Kobe "the G.O.A.T." Bryant almost always spends his off seasons to basketball.
Paying off in his ability to hit some of the most difficult shots... like left-handed three pointers, half court shots, behind the backboard jumpers & dunking on peeps like Dwight Howard, Yao Ming,

AND LEHYPE JAMES IN ALL STAR GAMES.. being the best In

game dunker in the history of the game.

KB24 is a harder working player then MJ, in the history of NBA no one has worked harder at his game than Kobe "the G.O.A.T. Bryant.

boxclever
03-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Remember when Ray Allen missed 3 consecutive FTs, he was reported to have spent 3hrs soon after practicing & wetting FTs after FTs. Kobe, just like Ray did, is just displaying the tremendous work ethic & drive required to still be a problem after playing for 15yrs in the league. It's what separates him from the likes of Vince Carter, TMac et al

az00m
03-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I would practice at something I get paid 20million a year at too if i sucked.

Akrazotile
07-15-2015, 07:38 PM

:roll:

TheBigVeto
07-15-2015, 09:35 PM
This was a myth.