PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Agrees with Cuban Criticizes 2006 Finals Officiating

eliteballer
03-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Before the Lakers played in Dallas on Saturday night, Jackson said he believes the outspoken owner’s criticism of referees might have cost the Mavericks the 2006 NBA finals against the Miami Heat.

“I think he’s toned it down a little bit the last few years. That Miami finals really was a tough one to swallow,” Jackson said. “I think (Dwyane) Wade averaged about 25 foul shots a game. You couldn’t even touch him. That was really tough to swallow and I think he understood there’s kind of a pecking order in this league and you keep your mouth shut at times.”

“I’ve already gotten fined for that. I’m not going to touch it again,” Cuban said when asked to respond to what Jackson had just said in another room down the hall. “My opinion hasn’t changed on that series, and it never will.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Asosxqour84zWrP185jEuMq8vLYF?slug=ap-jackson-cubanjabs

SavageMode
03-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Meh wasn't as bad as 2002 WCF Tim Donaughy Lakers.

LA_Showtime
03-13-2011, 01:11 AM

So who is this guy? Knoe? Oldschool? Blitz?

BoxOutBOXOUT
03-13-2011, 01:18 AM
That Finals series was a travesty. There should be an asterisk next to it in all the record books. Anyone who thinks that Stern isn't a bitter little piece of sh*t obviously never met the guy. What can you expect, though.

1987_Lakers
03-13-2011, 01:20 AM
David Stern must really hate Mark Cuban.

DixieNourmous
03-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Remember when they had senate hearings on steroid abuse in baseball?
They were after Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, ect

I always wondered why the senate committee didn`t go after Stern and Donaughy to get to the bottom of the accusations.

I would have liked this to be totally brought out into the open.

In all, I would rather our senate stay out of sports, but if there is dirty going on, I want to know.

griffmoney1784
03-13-2011, 01:27 AM
miami's 2006 title is probably the least respected championship in nba history

even less than the shortend season title in 1999 for the spurs

ashbelly
03-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Why he never talked about this tragedy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhlGYvIMPgQ

DixieNourmous
03-13-2011, 01:40 AM

Each crying call shown on the video is still called today,, right or wrong.

Especially the 5th on Pollard,, he stepped out to block, feet moving, still a foul today.

nicely done video though,, fades,,, sac players shaking their head, tears,, the whole shaaabang. :lol

EasyD
03-13-2011, 01:42 AM
By rigging the 2006 Finals Stern sent a loud and clear message to all club owners to not even think about questioning his authority. Simple as that. And of course he hated Cuban's guts.

griffmoney1784
03-13-2011, 01:44 AM

cause the same crap happend in sacramento... the refs gave the home teams bs calls in that series. and nothings changed since then

every year the home team wins 90% of the time.. why? its not cause the teams just play better because of people cheering... no ... its cause the cheering influinces the calls

so to answer peoples questions. yes that game was gifted to LA... as was the game to the kings in sacramento ... and even in LA in game 6 the kings somehow shot 10 more ft's... so not only were the kings getting home court. they got all the calls in a road game too

notice they dont make a video for game 7... because that was in sacramento and the free throws were actually about even... the lakers just beat them fare and sqaure

Lebron23
03-13-2011, 01:45 AM
http://nbaprimetime.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Kings02.bmp

http://images.allposters.com/images/151/3196.jpg

SavageMode
03-13-2011, 01:46 AM
http://northeastcollegehoops.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/kobe-bryant-game-6-2002.jpg
This is Bibby Fouling Kobe. Yep. /Thread.

Hulk Hogan
03-13-2011, 02:04 AM
What's new? Mavs got robbed and stern was in on it the whole time...

old news~

Tez62
03-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Why couldn't the Kings win a Game 7 at home??

The "fix" would have been irrelevant if they could have just not choked at home the next game.

greensmoke21
03-13-2011, 02:19 AM
I remember the Kings missing like 15 freethrows in game 7
but most people like to blame the refs and stern when their teams doesnt win

no pun intended
03-13-2011, 02:19 AM
I have an odd feeling that Cuban and Jackson have a secret best buddies that go to bars during Friday nights.

G-Funk
03-13-2011, 02:51 AM
How many FT's did Wade average that series?I know that in game 5, Dwyane Wade made 21-25 FT, and the Heat won by a point.

Funny how that doesn't show up on NBA.com's finals records, for most FT made huh?

G-Funk
03-13-2011, 02:55 AM
holy ****, shaq shot 39 free throws in a game?!?!?

Batz
03-13-2011, 02:56 AM
http://northeastcollegehoops.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/kobe-bryant-game-6-2002.jpg
I see Bibby bear hugging Kobe too. :oldlol:

thomaspynchon
03-13-2011, 03:00 AM
How many FT's did Wade average that series?I know that in game 5, Dwyane Wade made 21-25 FT, and the Heat won by a point.

Funny how that doesn't show up on NBA.com's finals records, for most FT made huh?

It did. It was the only time in playoffs history where one player took more FTs than an entire team combined in a single game

MayCeltics
03-13-2011, 03:02 AM

that's what dick bavetta said 'Foul mike bibby for catching an elbow' :oldlol:

Wonder Bread Kid
03-13-2011, 03:03 AM
It did. It was the only time in playoffs history where one player took more FTs than an entire team combined in a single game

STOP POSTING!

YOU LOST THE BET!

DixieNourmous
03-13-2011, 03:33 AM

yes,, here it is obvious Bibby is fouling Kobe with his face :lol

Hulk Hogan
03-13-2011, 03:36 AM

He shot 97 freethrows... Thats an NBA finals record for the refs!

Grim
03-13-2011, 03:38 AM
Nah the 06 finals were terrible. I almost quit basketball.

shadow
03-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Mavs had ton of chances to win despite the poor officiating. The travesty in that series was that the mavs were so much better than the heat that despite the screw job they still had a chance to win almost every game. They choked at every turn.

DDensity
03-13-2011, 03:41 AM

Yeah, well, not anymore.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=280608002

Powe 13 FTs. Lakers 10 FTs.

Lakers have been screwed at times too. That game was complete BS and I will never forget it.

G-Funk
03-13-2011, 03:49 AM

how many per game?

ginobli2311
03-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Mavs had ton of chances to win despite the poor officiating. The travesty in that series was that the mavs were so much better than the heat that despite the screw job they still had a chance to win almost every game. They choked at every turn.

yea...no excuses.

in reality though. i can only imagine how frustrating it must be to know you are the better team and feel like you are getting jobbed on call after call. i mean, at some point, it becomes mentally draining and you are constantly trying to not foul rather than stop a player and team.

the nba really lost itself that season. the inflated numbers are just laughable and it culminated in team basketball dying in front of us with wade going 1 on 5 and the rules being so soft that he could do it and do it well.

i blame the nba for the rules changes back in 05 for what happened in 06. they wanted more perimeter scoring...and they got it. they got exactly what they wanted.

the kings/lakers series was just rigged imo. game 6 was just the worst ever. by far. yea...the kings could have won game 7, but you can't overlook how devastated you are after a loss like that. its hard enough to beat shaq/kobe....having to fight the refs at the same time is a little much.

i have no doubt the nba had a hand in that series....nets vs kings in the finals could have set the game back 5 years in popularity.

LA_Showtime
03-13-2011, 03:51 AM
if you guys are referring to the lakers-pacers series, shaq took that many free throws because that was a part of indiana's game plan.

twintowers
03-13-2011, 05:14 AM

****ing lakers....

playtetris
03-13-2011, 05:30 AM

doesn't bear-hugging usually involve arms wrapped AROUND someone? for someone who's not a lakers fan, you sure stay slurping on kobe's c*ck.

Batz
03-13-2011, 05:31 AM
doesn't bear-hugging usually involve arms wrapped AROUND someone? for someone who's not a lakers fan, you sure stay slurping on kobe's c*ck.
Are you trying to prove a point here or something? Honestly can't tell. :oldlol:

DGARAS
03-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Are you trying to prove a point here or something? Honestly can't tell. :oldlol:

it proves that you haven't watched the series. he wasn't bearhugging him whatsoever.

it also proves that you're a 15 year old child. grow the fukk up.

lol@jackson agreeing on ref mistakes...

oh the horror
03-13-2011, 06:34 AM
God, some of you are petty. :oldlol:

donald_trump
03-13-2011, 06:58 AM

kobe shot 97 free throws vs the jazz in the 08 playoffs in a 6 game series too.

quit whining.

donald_trump
03-13-2011, 07:02 AM

every kobe/lakers thread you come in with the same shit. :oldlol:

'im not a fan of either team, in fact i probably like the opposing team more than the lakers...'

:oldlol:

ive never understood this. why hide your bias? you look like a retard doing it, though im sure you wouldnt have any problem doing that even if you did name what team you go for. not hard to guess since you come in defending kobe every thread and go into every lebron thread bashing him. :oldlol:

and his point is that youre a douche.

Harison
03-13-2011, 08:02 AM
I didnt see Phil Jackson complaining in '02 WCF and '10 Finals :rolleyes:

#1SportsFan86
03-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Thank you Phil...I know deep down inside that Dirk really has a ring and got his way before the Celtics big 3 got there's, I respect Phil.

Noyze
03-13-2011, 08:39 AM
I disagree cause at least the Mavs didn't choke away their championship.

I love how you ******s cry about 2002, and never acknowledge that game 7 was one of the greatest choke jobs (at home btw) in team sports history. According to Sportscenter and BDSSP. Watch is again and make more excuse. Better yet watch the last 10 mins of that game.

STATUTORY
03-13-2011, 10:51 AM
this is why I will never respect Dwayne Wade as a person. Somewhere in that series he should have realized that the calls weren't fair and stepped aside and stopped playing.

shallehalle
03-13-2011, 11:17 AM
I disagree cause at least the Mavs didn't choke away their championship.

I love how you ******s cry about 2002, and never acknowledge that game 7 was one of the greatest choke jobs (at home btw) in team sports history. According to Sportscenter and BDSSP. Watch is again and make more excuse. Better yet watch the last 10 mins of that game.

there never should of been a game 7

Ketchup
03-13-2011, 11:17 AM
5 years later when the Heat are a contender again....Phil Jackson agrees. :oldlol:

GTFO Phil, your mind games are weak sauce and really shouldnt even be allowed. Fine him 100,000 for all of these garbage remarks. The officiating wasnt as bad as the Mavs defense, letting D-wade drive ALL DAY, ERRRY DAY....and not expecting a slasher of his calibur to destroy them.

Mr. Incredible
03-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Jackson just needs to shut his mouth.

Artillery
03-13-2011, 11:44 AM

*2002 Lakers

Nash-tastic
03-13-2011, 12:04 PM
I didnt see Phil Jackson complaining in '02 WCF and '10 Finals :rolleyes:
Well why complain when calls are going your way? :confusedshrug:
You don't make any sense

Allstar24
03-13-2011, 12:45 PM
“I think he’s toned it down a little bit the last few years. That Miami finals really was a tough one to swallow,” Jackson said. “I think (Dwyane) Wade averaged about 25 foul shots a game. You couldn’t even touch him. That was really tough to swallow and I think he understood there’s kind of a pecking order in this league and you keep your mouth shut at times.”
:oldlol:

Love Phil, says it like it is.

Andrei89
03-13-2011, 01:03 PM
We need Plowking to pwn these fools with those awesome pictures...

Dallas lost because they could not contain Wade

deal with it noobz

Hulk go back to your basement:roll:

Nash-tastic
03-13-2011, 01:09 PM
We need Plowking to pwn these fools with those awesome pictures...

Dallas lost because they could not contain Wade

deal with it noobz

Hulk go back to your basement:roll:
Where is he anyway? One of the loyal Heat fans out there

Andrei89
03-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Where is he anyway? One of the loyal Heat fans out there

He still lurkes around. However he had a thread about the 2006 finals where every foul was as clear as it can get. Made even the fking trolls like Hogan( whoi probably had another account) shut up

Knoe Itawl
03-13-2011, 01:36 PM
It's all good to have differences of opinions and all that but two things are indisputable facts:

1. A team that's up 2 games to 0 with a 14 point lead in the 4th giving them a chance to go up 3-0 cannot blame the refs for losing a series.

2. Laker fans talking about refs are the most hypocritical simpletons in the world.

Referring to point 1, no one has been able to explain WHY the NBA, if they were trying to fix the series, would let it get to the point of the Mavs being up 2-0 and up 14 in the 4th of game 3. I think you'd want to fix the game a lot sooner than that.

Of course, no one's going to bother to answer that because it doesn't fit with their conspiracy theories about the refs favoring Wade. However, anyone who doesn't address it, you know their opinion should be dismissed.

rigor
03-13-2011, 03:57 PM
5 years later when the Heat are a contender again....Phil Jackson agrees. :oldlol:

GTFO Phil, your mind games are weak sauce and really shouldnt even be allowed. Fine him 100,000 for all of these garbage remarks. The officiating wasnt as bad as the Mavs defense, letting D-wade drive ALL DAY, ERRRY DAY....and not expecting a slasher of his calibur to destroy them.

Anyone not seeing that this is Phil planting a seed in case the Lakers & Heat meet in the Finals this year, simply has their eyes closed on the what really happens (to some extent, at least) in the background of the NBA.

jrong
03-13-2011, 04:51 PM
this is why I will never respect Dwayne Wade as a person. Somewhere in that series he should have realized that the calls weren't fair and stepped aside and stopped playing.

What the hell does that even mean? I guarantee that most of the people commenting in this thread haven't watched the games since 2006, if they even watched them then and aren't just repeating the spin and mantras that emerged afterward.

The 2006 Finals have almost become an urban legend, as if all did Wade did to beat the Mavs was just run up and throw his body into them. If you were to actually watch the games again (they're all on youtube) what you'll see is that the real way he beat them was with his jumpshot. The Mavs didn't think he could shoot and dared him to. They paid dearly for that mistake.

....Now having said this, were there bad calls? Yes. Was it enough to swing the series so that it might have gone 4-2 or 4-3 Dallas? Maybe.

But, whether you are a Wade fan or not, you are seriously shortchanging one of the greatest playoff performances ever if you think all Wade did was shoot FTs and depriving yourself of the chance to appreciate that performance. And this would have been true whether his performance was in victory or defeat.

As I've said about 100 times on this board, just shut up about the series already and watch the games.

Dresta
03-13-2011, 05:09 PM
kobe shot 97 free throws vs the jazz in the 08 playoffs in a 6 game series too.

quit whining.
And he doesn't attack the basket anywhere near as much as Wade does.

Series was just called tightly, Dirk got his fair share of FT's for a jumpshooting 7 footer too.

Colby Brian
03-13-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20060618/DALMIA/boxscore.html

look at d.wade

STATUTORY
03-13-2011, 05:28 PM
What the hell does that even mean? I guarantee that most of the people commenting in this thread haven't watched the games since 2006, if they even watched them then and aren't just repeating the spin and mantras that emerged afterward.

The 2006 Finals have almost become an urban legend, as if all did Wade did to beat the Mavs was just run up and throw his body into them. If you were to actually watch the games again (they're all on youtube) what you'll see is that the real way he beat them was with his jumpshot. The Mavs didn't think he could shoot and dared him to. They paid dearly for that mistake.

....Now having said this, were there bad calls? Yes. Was it enough to swing the series so that it might have gone 4-2 or 4-3 Dallas? Maybe.

But, whether you are a Wade fan or not, you are seriously shortchanging one of the greatest playoff performances ever if you think all Wade did was shoot FTs and depriving yourself of the chance to appreciate that performance. And this would have been true whether his performance was in victory or defeat.

As I've said about 100 times on this board, just shut up about the series already and watch the games.

my bad I was going for the sarcasm angle like you can't blame Wade for da callz. but i see it didnot come through

Knoe Itawl
03-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Just like I thought. No one is going to address WHY the NBA, if they really wanted to fix the series for Wade, would ALLOW it to get to 2-0 with Dallas up by 14 in the 4th of Game 3. What sense would it make to do that? If Dallas had won Game 3, there was virtually no chance of Miami coming back. WHY WOULD THE NBA LET IT GET TO THAT POINT IF THEY WANTED TO FIX IT?

DonCorleone

I watched the whole series. I wanted Miami to win because Shaquille O'neal is my favorite player of all time.

After that series I stopped watching the NBA for 4 years.

I watched the games. All of them. It still haunts my thoughts to this day.

No denying that the Heat were given a ring.

SCdac
Dirk himself was getting to the FT line alot in the 2006 semi WCF, averaged like 11 free throw attempts per game. I remember because it was frustrating to watch such a perimeter oriented big drawing so many fouls. The worst in particular was Game 2 where got 24 free throw attempts on like 9 shots, compared to the Spurs team getting 32 free throws as a whole (Dirk's 24 attempts is just one shy of Wades highest FT shooting game in the Finals). That was the same game Duncan fouled out because Dirk tripped on his foot when driving to the basket, was BS. Cuban may be annoying and I doubt it helps his cause, but the Mavs have actually benefited from calls before too.

XxSMSxX
03-13-2011, 05:44 PM
yea...no excuses.

the kings/lakers series was just rigged imo. game 6 was just the worst ever. by far. yea...the kings could have won game 7, but you can't overlook how devastated you are after a loss like that. its hard enough to beat shaq/kobe....having to fight the refs at the same time is a little much.

i have no doubt the nba had a hand in that series....nets vs kings in the finals could have set the game back 5 years in popularity.

This. After a loss like that where you KNOW the refs are in the Lakers back pocket it has to destroy any confidence you had as a team. From what i remember they looked dead in that game 7

Knoe Itawl
03-13-2011, 06:01 PM
So to recap, these "refs handed the title to Miami guys" want you to believe that the NBA let the series get to 2-0 in favor of Dallas and THEN depended on Dallas collapsing in a 4th quarter that they were up by 14 points in! They actually took the chance that Miami would fall behind 3-0 in order to fix the series instead of, you know, fixing it far earlier. Do these people even think about what they're saying or just spew nonsense based on emotion over reason?

Arti
03-13-2011, 06:09 PM
So to recap, these "refs handed the title to Miami guys" want you to believe that the NBA let the series get to 2-0 in favor of Dallas and THEN depended on Dallas collapsing in a 4th quarter that they were up by 14 points in! They actually took the chance that Miami would fall behind 3-0 in order to fix the series instead of, you know, fixing it far earlier. Do these people even think about what they're saying or just spew nonsense based on emotion over reason?
In my opinion, the bad officiating was just bad officiating, not necessarily the result of a conspiracy. But the NBA is still to blame...

The_Yearning
03-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Just like I thought. No one is going to address WHY the NBA, if they really wanted to fix the series for Wade, would ALLOW it to get to 2-0 with Dallas up by 14 in the 4th of Game 3. What sense would it make to do that? If Dallas had won Game 3, there was virtually no chance of Miami coming back. WHY WOULD THE NBA LET IT GET TO THAT POINT IF THEY WANTED TO FIX IT?

Answer:

The refs had no idea the series would be so one-sided if the game was called fairly. They were waiting for a Miami run that just never escalated because Miami was that much inferior to Dallas. So, by all accords, the refs went to work. Dallas being up 2-0, of course they would be 2-0. They had home-court and were the better team. The rigging didn't start until game 3.

I find it funny you are only focused on this stretch of the series? You just gonna ignore the other 60 bogus free throws that Wade shot? :roll:

Knoe Itawl
03-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Answer:

The refs had no idea the series would be so one-sided if the game was called fairly. They were waiting for a Miami run that just never escalated because Miami was that much inferior to Dallas. So, by all accords, the refs went to work. Dallas being up 2-0, of course they would be 2-0. They had home-court and were the better team. The rigging didn't start until game 3.

I find it funny you are only focused on this stretch of the series? You just gonna ignore the other 60 bogus free throws that Wade shot? :roll:

So they waited until Dallas was up by 14 points in the 4th of Game 3 to start rigging? And that makes sense to you? It took them THAT long to see that Miami was in trouble? Right before they were about to go down 3-0?

As for the second part of what you wrote, yes I'm concerned about that part of the series because:

A. Dallas deserved to lose by not being able to capitalize on the golden opportunity of being up 3-0 regardless of anything that happened after that.

B. It doesn't make sense that if the league wanted to rig the series they would let it get so out of hand.

C. Wade had a great series, period. He attacked the basket and got calls for it. You seem to forget that this was the same year that the RULES WERE CHANGED to benefit perimeter players. And that includes your boy too. So if you have a problem, it should be with the rules changes, themselves and not with Wade taking advantage of them perfectly fairly. You should have an issue with Dallas for choking away a chance to go up 3-0 and having jump shooters who didn't attack.

#1SportsFan86
03-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Dirk himself was getting to the FT line alot in the 2006 semi WCF, averaged like 11 free throw attempts per game. I remember because it was frustrating to watch such a perimeter oriented big drawing so many fouls. The worst in particular was Game 2 where got 24 free throw attempts on like 9 shots, compared to the Spurs team getting 32 free throws as a whole (Dirk's 24 attempts is just one shy of Wades highest FT shooting game in the Finals). That was the same game Duncan fouled out because Dirk tripped on his foot when driving to the basket, was BS. Cuban may be annoying and I doubt it helps his cause, but the Mavs have actually benefited from calls before too.

How about that one game in Dallas when the Spurs had a chance to hit the Game winner but Manu choke and the ball fell out of bounds, what about game 7 when POP told everybody not to foul and Manu did anyway.

You really can't talk...I not even gonna bring up the Suns vs Spurs series from 07.

JustinJDW
03-13-2011, 07:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401

In the letter submitted by Donaghy's attorney, the following "manipulation" is alleged:

"Referees A, F and G were officiating a playoff series between Teams 5 and 6 in May of 2002. It was the sixth game of a seven-game series, and a Team 5 victory that night would have ended the series. However, Tim learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew referees A and F to be 'company men,' always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series. Referees A and F heavily favored Team 6. Personal fouls [resulting in obviously injured players] were ignored even when they occurred in full view of the referees. Conversely, the referees called made-up fouls on Team 5 in order to give additional free throw opportunities for Team 6. Their foul-calling also led to the ejection of two Team 5 players. The referees' favoring of Team 6 led to that team's victory that night, and Team 6 came back from behind to win that series."

Although no teams are specifically named, it is not hard to deduce the game in question. The Lakers-Kings series was the only one that postseason that went seven games, and the officiating in Game 6 was so questionable that consumer advocate and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for a formal investigation.

The Lakers attempted 40 free throws to the Kings' 25 in that game, and Los Angeles made 21 of 27 from the line while Sacramento converted 7 of 9 in the fourth quarter alone.

In addition, a foul was called against Mike Bibby of the Kings after he was shoved and elbowed by Kobe Bryant, denying the Kings an opportunity to try for a tying basket. Also in that game, Kings centers Vlade Divac and Scot Pollard fouled out, and Kings coach Rick Adelman was highly critical of the officiating afterward.

"My first thought [upon hearing Donaghy's allegation] was: I knew it," Pollard said Tuesday night. "I'm not going to say there was a conspiracy. I just think something wasn't right. It was unfair. We didn't have a chance to win that game."

The Lakers went on to win the 2002 NBA championship.

Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals
27 Free Throws in the 4th Quarter for the Lakers. 40 Overall. Lakers shot more free throws in the 4th quarter alone than the Kings did the entire game.

:wtf:

Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals
20 Free Throws in the 4th Quarter for the Lakers. 37 Overall. Celtics had 20 less then that. Lakers shot more free throws in the 4th quarter alone than the Celtics did the entire game.

Both led to Championships. :eek:

Yeah, its not really that difficult to see whats going on here. Only biased idiots want to pretend like we're just making this shit up and are "butthurt" or whatever. Lakers get ratings, Lakers are marketable, so of course they are always going to get the benefit of the doubt and be on the side of the officials, and sometimes to the extreme, like these situations. Sadly, its just the facts of life, and what happened here, were pretty much travesties.

Now I don't feel that bad for the Celitcs cause they already got a shitload of rings and my dad's a C's fan and blah blah blah, but I feel terrible for the Kings, and for the people of Sacramento, especially since I have visited that place many times. I've never seen a team and a fanbase so wrongfully screwed on the worst level and then get told right in their face that they're biased or "just mad". Wow, so wrong on so many levels. And now their team is going to get taken away, and make no mistake, the fans in Sac-Town love that team. Its their only team.

This is why I've always found it difficult to like the Lakers, even living in L.A. I couldn't stand being a fan and watching they're games, and knowing full well how much bullshit I could be watching on my screen, and act like its whatever. And then call everyone "mad" whenever they call the bullshit. Can't do that. Love the game too much. And I'm not saying its only like this for the Lakers and not the Yankees and Cowboys or whatever, but basketball officiating is easily the most subjective in their world, which is why its so easy to sway the calls and give a team an advantage. Sucks. Totally sucks.

SCdac
03-13-2011, 07:19 PM
How about that one game in Dallas when the Spurs had a chance to hit the Game winner but Manu choke and the ball fell out of bounds, what about game 7 when POP told everybody not to foul and Manu did anyway.

You really can't talk...I not even gonna bring up the Suns vs Spurs series from 07.

Yeah, Manu made a dumb and costly play, but that had nothing to do with shoddy officiating (against either team). and that 2007 series against the Suns is one of the most overblown cases IMO. if you asked the average basketball fan (on ISH or not) if Amare Stoudemire played in the last game of that controversial series many people would say no he was suspended. because of the way it's been portrayed as the Suns getting robbed and being the "championship favorite" if it wasn't SA.

chazzy
03-13-2011, 07:19 PM
People who still think game 7 was rigged are f*cking morons, end of story. I can understand at the heat of the moment, you're angry and upset things didn't go your way and you look at the FT differential and cry, but by now you should come to your senses. I doubt you rewatched that quarter since it happened. Why is there this mentality that FTs must be distributed evenly?

Knoe Itawl
03-13-2011, 07:23 PM
And the worst part of all that Justin is how arrogant Laker fans are that they actually have the NERVE to complain after every call in games, as if they haven't gotten the benefit of the doubt for YEARS. And then they post threads like this criticizing the 2006 Finals and pretend that they've never gotten any preferential treatment. what a joke. There are Kobe Stans who actually try to put forth the theory that Kobe is mistreated by the refs! Like he's never gotten any questionable calls or superstar treatment! It would be one thing if they just shut up about refs in general, but they have the gall to pretend as if they are the recipients of unfair treatment! It's lunacy.

Dwade305
03-13-2011, 07:29 PM
And the worst part of all that Justin is how arrogant Laker fans are that they actually have the NERVE to complain after every call in games, as if they haven't gotten the benefit of the doubt for YEARS. And then they post threads like this criticizing the 2006 Finals and pretend that they've never gotten any preferential treatment. what a joke. There are Kobe Stans who actually try to put forth the theory that Kobe is mistreated by the refs! Like he's never gotten any questionable calls or superstar treatment! It would be one thing if they just shut up about refs in general, but they have the gall to pretend as if they are the recipients of unfair treatment! It's lunacy.
:applause:

It is what it is though. Insecure fan boys will be insecure fan boys, that's ISH.

1987_Lakers
03-13-2011, 07:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401

Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals
27 Free Throws in the 4th Quarter for the Lakers. 40 Overall. Lakers shot more free throws in the 4th quarter alone than the Kings did the entire game.

:wtf:

Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals
20 Free Throws in the 4th Quarter for the Lakers. 37 Overall. Celtics had 20 less then that. Lakers shot more free throws in the 4th quarter alone than the Celtics did the entire game.

Both led to Championships. :eek:

Yeah, its not really that difficult to see whats going on here. Only biased idiots want to pretend like we're just making this shit up and are "butthurt" or whatever. Lakers get ratings, Lakers are marketable, so of course they are always going to get the benefit of the doubt and be on the side of the officials, and sometimes to the extreme, like these situations. Sadly, its just the facts of life, and what happened here, were pretty much travesties.

Now I don't feel that bad for the Celitcs cause they already got a shitload of rings and my dad's a C's fan and blah blah blah, but I feel terrible for the Kings, and for the people of Sacramento, especially since I have visited that place many times. I've never seen a team and a fanbase so wrongfully screwed on the worst level and then get told right in their face that they're biased or "just mad". Wow, so wrong on so many levels. And now their team is going to get taken away, and make no mistake, the fans in Sac-Town love that team. Its their only team.

This is why I've always found it difficult to like the Lakers, even living in L.A. I couldn't stand being a fan and watching they're games, and knowing full well how much bullshit I could be watching on my screen, and act like its whatever. And then call everyone "mad" whenever they call the bullshit. Can't do that. Love the game too much. And I'm not saying its only like this for the Lakers and not the Yankees and Cowboys or whatever, but basketball officiating is easily the most subjective in their world, which is why its so easy to sway the calls and give a team an advantage. Sucks. Totally sucks.
:violin:

1987_Lakers
03-13-2011, 07:37 PM
:violin:

ACCBaller1403
03-13-2011, 07:39 PM

Every team has games ref'd for them and against them. That's just how it's going to be. The law of averages says that eventually every team will have a game that seems like a travesty. The Lakers' ones that have worked for them have just seemed to happen at times that are very critical in order to prolong or win a series. Same with the Heat in 06. Doesn't excuse either the Kings or Mavs from not closing it out (Kings) or pushing it up to a third win (Mavs) in the next game, but it does look fishy.

I find it funny that all the same Lakers fans that were calling Dirk a choker and soft earlier this week are now supporting the Mavs in 06 out of pure hatred of Miami, even before they had Lebron. I also find it funny that you're arguing against a bad ref job in 06 purely out of a hatred of Kobe and the Lakers. It goes both ways.

-M-I
03-13-2011, 07:39 PM
It's funny, all these complaints of poor officiating in those Fiinals and only a couple of plays on YouTube to show for it...

Big#50
03-13-2011, 07:42 PM

Don't be dumb. 02 Lakers is the least respected title of all time. Everyone but Lakers fans know that shit was rigged and gifted to the Lakers. The NBA thought they had the next Bulls. They thought they had the next Jordan. LoL

1987_Lakers
03-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Don't be dumb. 02 Lakers is the least respected title of all time. Everyone but Lakers fans know that shit was rigged and gifted to the Lakers. The NBA thought they had the next Bulls. They thought they had the next Jordan. LoL

Are we gonna ignore how the refs favored the Kings in game 5 & how the Kings CHOKED on their home floor in game 7?

SavageMode
03-13-2011, 08:08 PM
It's funny, all these complaints of poor officiating in those Fiinals and only a couple of plays on YouTube to show for it...
You probably weren't even alive in 2002, You obviously did not watch the game. And plus It was already proven that the referee in that game admitted to rigging it. Type Tim Donaughy in Google and Shut the fvck up.

Knoe Itawl
03-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Every team has games ref'd for them and against them. That's just how it's going to be. The law of averages says that eventually every team will have a game that seems like a travesty. The Lakers' ones that have worked for them have just seemed to happen at times that are very critical in order to prolong or win a series. Same with the Heat in 06. Doesn't excuse either the Kings or Mavs from not closing it out (Kings) or pushing it up to a third win (Mavs) in the next game, but it does look fishy.

I find it funny that all the same Lakers fans that were calling Dirk a choker and soft earlier this week are now supporting the Mavs in 06 out of pure hatred of Miami, even before they had Lebron. I also find it funny that you're arguing against a bad ref job in 06 purely out of a hatred of Kobe and the Lakers. It goes both ways.

WTF does Kobe and the Lakers have to do with the Mavs in 2006? I'm arguing for the Heat because if you break it down it just doesn't make any SENSE as to why the NBA would rig the series in the way that they allegedly did it. And no one has been able to adequately address my views on it, btw.

As for the Lakers, everyone knows Sac Town got screwed in 02. It sucks but I don't even really talk about it. It is what it is. What I can't stand is that Laker fans have the nerve to pretend as if they're the victims. It's insanity that NO ONE who's not a Laker fan buys.

Andrei89
03-13-2011, 08:53 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Noyze
03-13-2011, 09:10 PM
there never should of been a game 7

But there was a game 7.

This is what I'm talking about, people like you addressing 1 fact. Let's say it was fixed, that means game 6 took too much out of the Kings and their weak mentally? They shouldn't fight back in game 7 right? History remembers champions in all sports who fought back when the chips were down. Jordan had the flu in one game against the Jazz in 97, so basically he should have gave up during the game right? People would have said "It's ok the Bulls lost, he had the flu." Not good enough for Jordan.

They didn't win game 6, but still had a chance to win the series at home in game 7...but you wont acknowledge that because weak minded individuals felt the series was over when their was one more game left. I didn't care at the time who won that series but when I watched it, Kings didn't deserve to win cause they didn't carry themselves like champions.

SavageMode
03-13-2011, 09:34 PM
But there was a game 7.

This is what I'm talking about, people like you addressing 1 fact. Let's say it was fixed, that means game 6 took too much out of the Kings and their weak mentally? They shouldn't fight back in game 7 right? History remembers champions in all sports who fought back when the chips were down. Jordan had the flu in one game against the Jazz in 97, so basically he should have gave up during the game right? People would have said "It's ok the Bulls lost, he had the flu." Not good enough for Jordan.

They didn't win game 6, but still had a chance to win the series at home in game 7...but you wont acknowledge that because weak minded individuals felt the series was over when their was one more game left. I didn't care at the time who won that series but when I watched it, Kings didn't deserve to win cause they didn't carry themselves like champions.
What part of Tim Donaughy do you not understand?

kizut1659
05-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Bump. I have a bad feeling it will be Miami - Dallas rematch and the Heat will win on free throws.

gilalizard
05-11-2011, 10:36 PM
If whoever plays Miami in the finals gets close to getting the upper hand (not easy owing as to how easy Miami has it being as stacked as they are), the refs will step in and shut it down.

The refs will bail out dwhistle and teh chosen1 if need be.

Smoke117
05-11-2011, 10:42 PM
lol phil jackson is such an antagonist...but so am I so I like it.

donald_trump
05-11-2011, 10:43 PM
If whoever plays Miami in the finals gets close to getting the upper hand (not easy owing as to how easy Miami has it being as stacked as they are), the refs will step in and shut it down.

The refs will bail out dwhistle and teh chosen1 if need be.

what do you do with your life?

all ive seen you do is go around posting how the heat get calls. find a hobby, a craft, go learn to ride a bike (im sure youre not at that stage yet), just something. because it honestly looks like youre having a horrible time living with yourself if this is all you do. :oldlol:

BlackJoker23
05-11-2011, 10:45 PM
lol phil jackson is such a *******...but so am I so I like it.
fixed.

LBJ4MVP23
05-11-2011, 10:45 PM
LOL so its ok that they admitted to fixing the game because the Kings didn't win game 7?

Are you high? This isn't a, "oh stop crying about the refs it happens all the time." THEY ADMITTED TO RIGGING THE GAME AND TOOK A CHAMPIONSHIP FROM THE KINGS AND GAVE IT TO LA. Its not speculation its FACT you maniacs. Anyone saying Kobe has 5 legit titles and Shaq 4 are retarded. They were gifted a title and this is pure fact, not conjecture. Its bullsj-t

gilalizard
05-11-2011, 10:52 PM
what do you do with your life?

all ive seen you do is go around posting how the heat get calls. find a hobby, a craft, go learn to ride a bike (im sure youre not at that stage yet), just something. because it honestly looks like youre having a horrible time living with yourself if this is all you do. :oldlol:

you're powers of observation are obviously sorely lacking

if you don't like people pointing out the truth...

:confusedshrug:

MAC system
05-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Everyone in here bitching on either side...please see kblaze's thread about reffing...and stop ****ing whining. Shit officiating happens. It is not the reason a team wins a championship. Now **** off.

stephanieg
05-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Other examples of fouls deciding series/championships:

Phantom foul on Laimbeer sends Kareem to the line
'93 Suns game 7 over Sonics (64 FTA for Suns!)
'97 and '98 Bulls over Jazz (Rodman tackling Malone, jumpshooting Jordan shooting more FTAs than Malone)
AI 76ers over Ray Bucks

clayton
05-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Lakers has been buying their NBA championships for years. David Stern is sooooo rich.

kizut1659
05-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Other examples of fouls deciding series/championships:

Phantom foul on Laimbeer sends Kareem to the line
'93 Suns game 7 over Sonics (64 FTA for Suns!)
'97 and '98 Bulls over Jazz (Rodman tackling Malone, jumpshooting Jordan shooting more FTAs than Malone)
AI 76ers over Ray Bucks

Not 97 bulls but 98 bulls yeah. In game 6 in particular, Jazz' 3 was dissalowed because a 24 shot clock supposedly expired, when it didnt, and at that same time Bull's 3 was allowed when the shot clock DID expire.

bagelred
05-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Why couldn't the Kings win a Game 7 at home??

The "fix" would have been irrelevant if they could have just not choked at home the next game.

Dude, u be stupid.