PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Hondo
03-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Disclaimer: This may become a trade thread. My apologies.

He's really frustrating me this year. If he can't step up his game for the remainder oft he season and the playoffs, I think we need to trade him. I wonder if we could get a talent like Chris Paul back in return? He's going to leave the Hornets anyway.

Even if Rondo tears it up over the latter half of the season, I still believe we should trade him, because he'll stumble back to Earth, inconsistent as hell.

A lot of Celtic fans may come in here and bash me, but I have had enough of Rondo. I do see him as a great young player, but there are just too many limitations to his game. He was supposed to take his game to another level this year to rival Derrick Rose, who has clearly elevated his game. Rondo seems to have regressed from last season.

Some Rondo deals I'd happily do:
(these are not complete deals, just the framework)
Denver - Raymond Felton & Nene
Golden State - Monta Ellis or Stephen Curry and filler
Indiana - Darren Collison, Roy Hibbert and filler
Milwaukee - Andrew Bogut and Brandon Jennings
New Jersey - Deron Williams
New Orleans - Chris Paul
Philadelphia - Jrue Holiday and Igoudala or Brand
Portland - Brandon Roy and Greg Oden

alenleomessi
03-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Im not even sure Denver will do that trade ...

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 07:02 AM
You brand Rondo as inconsistent then want to trade him for Roy and Oden, who are consistently injured.

He is injured, per CSNNE:

Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo has not been himself recently, and now we know why.

The Celtics' all-star point guard has been battling a right pinkie injury, one that Rondo said has been bothering him for the past couple of weeks.

Rondo revealed the injury following Boston's 89-85 win at New Orleans, a game in which Rondo re-aggravated the injury and had to leave the game.

"My finger, my hand went numb," Rondo said. "I was a little concerned about it, going back in."

Rondo eventually returned to the floor, with the finger taped up - something he said he has been doing for the past couple of weeks.

http://www.csnne.com/03/20/11/Rondo-re-aggravates-hand-injury/v1_landing_celtics.html?blockID=444655&feedID=3945

He's not Kobe, and even Kobe struggled with shooting hand injuries. He needs time off; Delonte looked great last night, he and Arroyo should be able to handle duties for 2 or 3 games to let Rondo rest.

iamgine
03-20-2011, 07:03 AM
My problem with him is why he still can't shoot. In my opinion, it is not hard to become a good shooter. Not Ray Allen level shooter mind you, just knock down simple spot up and free throw shots. Rondo got Ray Allen and Paul Pierce if he need pointers. I'm sure Boston has excellent shooting coaches too. So I don't know whose fault it is that he still can't shoot. Frankly it boggles my mind.

Hondo
03-20-2011, 07:06 AM
You brand Rondo as inconsistent then want to trade him for Roy and Oden, who are consistently injured.

I would take my chances. The risk/ reward is huge.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 07:08 AM
My problem with him is why he still can't shoot. In my opinion, it is not hard to become a good shooter. Not Ray Allen level shooter mind you, just knock down simple spot up and free throw shots. Rondo got Ray Allen and Paul Pierce if he need pointers. I'm sure Boston has excellent shooting coaches too. So I don't know whose fault it is that he still can't shoot. Frankly it boggles my mind.

With an injured hand he dropped at least 2 long jumpers last night. People really don't watch him and see how much his jumper has improved. it's still a weakness, yeah, but he's hit some clutch ones this year and was at one point shooting 45% (comparable to DRose, Paul, and DWill) from 16-23 feet.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 07:09 AM
I would take my chances. The risk/ reward is huge.

The risk is huge, potential reward is also huge, the problem is, the chances of the reward are tiny. Both have had multiple knee injuries.

Harison
03-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Celtics wont trade Rondo, period. I know some fans are frustrated, but injuries and slumps are part of the game, I just hope he'll recover till the Playoffs. While we at it, Pierce is playing beyond horrible now, trade him too? :rolleyes:

Harion
03-20-2011, 07:35 AM
the biggest problem with your trade suggestions are that they are all slanted to favor your team. only stupid GMs will agree to any of the trade you mentioned. Rondo is not the equivalent of more than 2 good players. you complain about Rondo sucking yet overvalue his trade value. you truly are of a moron on another level.

Sweens
03-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Rondo's trade value will only represent what you have said if he is able to prove that he is a decent/good shooter, if your point guard can't hit open 3's then you have a problem, obviously him being around other good shooters helps and hinders this, in games it would obviously be better for Allen to shoot the 3, or Pierce if you need to score with the shot clock running down, if the Celtics want to trade him they need to give him the oppurtunity to be that scorer that he can be, that he would be if he was on another team everyone knows he can pass if he can prove he can score as well then some of the trades you ask for might be liable

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Rondo's trade value will only represent what you have said if he is able to prove that he is a decent/good shooter, if your point guard can't hit open 3's then you have a problem, obviously him being around other good shooters helps and hinders this, in games it would obviously be better for Allen to shoot the 3, or Pierce if you need to score with the shot clock running down, if the Celtics want to trade him they need to give him the oppurtunity to be that scorer that he can be, that he would be if he was on another team everyone knows he can pass if he can prove he can score as well then some of the trades you ask for might be liable

Magic Johnson shot 30% for his career from 3.

iamgine
03-20-2011, 07:57 AM
With an injured hand he dropped at least 2 long jumpers last night. People really don't watch him and see how much his jumper has improved. it's still a weakness, yeah, but he's hit some clutch ones this year and was at one point shooting 45% (comparable to DRose, Paul, and DWill) from 16-23 feet.
How he's shooting at one point of time means nothing. %age tells everything. His 3pt and FT %age and attempts don't imcrease from his rookie year and it really should, especially playing with 3 HOFers.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 08:00 AM
How he's shooting at one point of time means nothing. %age tells everything. His 3pt and FT %age and attempts don't imcrease from his rookie year and it really should, especially playing with 3 HOFers.

Can't remember the exact point of time but it was when Rose made the Rondo overrated thread. I think it was over a period of 30 games. Why should his 3PT and FT attempts increase when he is playing with better players? If anything, they should go down, like his usage should because the Big 3 demand the ball.

iamgine
03-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Can't remember the exact point of time but it was when Rose made the Rondo overrated thread. I think it was over a period of 30 games. Why should his 3PT and FT attempts increase when he is playing with better players? If anything, they should go down, like his usage should because the Big 3 demand the ball.
That means nothing when overall, his 3pt %age and FT% doesn't improve at all. Also, don't confuse FG% with shooting cause FG% includes layups.

Attempt should increase as he's taking more offensive loads from them than before. Yet, it doesn't. That tells me he's still uncomfortable taking it.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 08:17 AM
That means nothing when overall, his 3pt %age and FT% doesn't improve at all. Also, don't confuse FG% with shooting cause FG% includes layups.

Attempt should increase as he's taking more offensive loads from them than before. Yet, it doesn't. That tells me he's still uncomfortable taking it.

I really don't want to drag the thread back up again, its overused, but I'm pretty sure it was 16-23 ft, 45%.

Fair enough he should be more aggressive, and needs to be.

pete's montreux
03-20-2011, 08:23 AM
So a pinky injury is making him a p*ssy? :rolleyes:

I'm with the OP. I'm sick of this shit, get rid of him.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 08:37 AM
So a pinky injury is making him a p*ssy? :rolleyes:

I'm with the OP. I'm sick of this shit, get rid of him.

Give me a realistic trade scenario that's worth it and sell it to me. Otherwise, I think I'll keep him for now.

Real Men Wear Green
03-20-2011, 08:49 AM
He's having an injury-induced slump. Need to be a lot more patient with a 25 year-old two-time All-Star. His prime has just begun this season.

pete's montreux
03-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Give me a realistic trade scenario that's worth it and sell it to me. Otherwise, I think I'll keep him for now.

Something with Jrue Holiday would make me cream in my pants.

pete's montreux
03-20-2011, 08:55 AM
He's having an injury-induced slump. Need to be a lot more patient with a 25 year-old two-time All-Star. His prime has just begun this season.

It's more than that. There's always questions on his attitude and motivation floating around. Every single season since '08. There is always something said about him being motivated. I'm sick of it. I want the guy who blows by point guards for uncontested layups for 20 points every motherf*cking night of the year if healthy. Is his pinky preventing him from doing that?

Bandito
03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
He's still 25? Damn...I think they should keep him but someone has to teach him to hit the open jumper like Kidd does.:(

CelticBaller
03-20-2011, 09:10 AM
You little b1tches are overreacting :facepalm. just wait for the playoffs and lets see

B-Easy8
03-20-2011, 09:36 AM

He's really frustrating me this year. If he can't step up his game for the remainder oft he season and the playoffs, I think we need to trade him. I wonder if we could get a talent like Chris Paul back in return? He's going to leave the Hornets anyway.

Even if Rondo tears it up over the latter half of the season, I still believe we should trade him, because he'll stumble back to Earth, inconsistent as hell.

A lot of Celtic fans may come in here and bash me, but I have had enough of Rondo. I do see him as a great young player, but there are just too many limitations to his game. He was supposed to take his game to another level this year to rival Derrick Rose, who has clearly elevated his game. Rondo seems to have regressed from last season.

New Orleans - Chris Paul

Who do you think you are trading here? You wouldn't get any of these deals, Denver would probably say no also. The Milwaukee, NJ, NO and Philly trades are ridiculous.

Clutch
03-20-2011, 09:42 AM
What happened ?

Like a month ago Celtics fans were saying that he is the best point guard in the league and now they want to get rid of him :lol

asdf1990
03-20-2011, 09:44 AM
juan howard+ maglore+house for rondo.

pete's montreux
03-20-2011, 09:59 AM
What happened ?

Like a month ago Celtics fans were saying that he is the best point guard in the league and now they want to get rid of him :lol

That never, ever happened.

JGXEN
03-20-2011, 10:00 AM
juan howard+ maglore+house for rondo.
Go screw yourself.

D12"Magic"
03-20-2011, 10:00 AM
If Deron wants to leave, Rondo and Jeff Green, a pick or more if we could for Deron :D.

heyhey
03-20-2011, 10:02 AM
:roll: you are not getting Darren Collison for Rondo

JGXEN
03-20-2011, 10:03 AM
If Deron wants to leave, Rondo and Jeff Green, a pick or more if we could for Deron :D.
Deal. :D

B-Easy8
03-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Rubio's rights, Ridnour and Darko for Rondo.

CelticBaller
03-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Rubio's rights, Ridnour and Darko for Rondo.GTFO if you want rondo you better give up something like flynn and Randolph

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 10:17 AM

Didn't you know that when anyone says Rose isn't the best PG in the NBA or that you prefer Rondo to Rose that means he is the best PG in the NBA?

CelticBaller, I'm fairly sure they aren't being serious. I'd need something close to a franchise player to give up Rondo personally, although that will probably change post-big 3.

B-Easy8
03-20-2011, 10:19 AM
GTFO if you want rondo you better give up something like flynn and Randolph

Although im very high on Randolph I would easily do this trade as long as we could find another suitor for Ridnour and Darko.

coin24
03-20-2011, 10:21 AM
I cant stand Rondo, never been a fan of his game..

As if any of those trades would happen. Way too much to give up for a guy who is nothing without superstar teammates...
You think any of those other teams get better with Rondo? Please.:oldlol:

I cant believe idiots on here were comparing him to rose, paul, williams:facepalm He cant shoot for shit either.

CelticBaller
03-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Didn't you know that when anyone says Rose isn't the best PG in the NBA or that you prefer Rondo to Rose that means he is the best PG in the NBA?

CelticBaller, I'm fairly sure they aren't being serious. I'd need something close to a franchise player to give up Rondo personally, although that will probably change post-big 3.
Rondo's value isn't that high, we could get at best someone like jrue and a couple of picks.

pete's montreux
03-20-2011, 10:28 AM

When Rondo was averaging 17 assists per game, every Boston Celtics fan I know [I stress the word fan] still had him behind Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Some even behind Steve Nash as well.

Most Boston fans I know are very open minded and level-headed. This idea that we were saying he was the best point in the game is completely false. But of course the last time I called out Clutch on his BS he completely ignored me and never replied, so I'm assuming that will happen again.

CelticBaller
03-20-2011, 10:29 AM
I cant stand Rondo, never been a fan of his game..

As if any of those trades would happen. Way too much to give up for a guy who is nothing without superstar teammates...
You think any of those other teams get better with Rondo? Please.:oldlol:

I cant believe idiots on here were comparing him to rose, paul, williams:facepalm He cant shoot for shit either.
I can't stand your post, you smell a rondo thread from a mile and go try to bash him. No one takes you seriusly as your just a low life b1tch with worthless posts. I want to know where were you last year or the year before fvcking tool.

blablabla
03-20-2011, 10:53 AM
rondo for billups

D12"Magic"
03-20-2011, 10:54 AM
rondo for billups
Not sure if serious :wtf:

Grinder
03-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Rondo for Brandon Jennings AND Bogut? :lol

The Bucks wouldn't even entertain Bogut for Rondo straight up much less throwing in their second best player.

Overrating his trade value.

blablabla
03-20-2011, 10:56 AM
i think he could elevate his game under d antoni

knickscity
03-20-2011, 10:59 AM
i think he could elevate his game under d antoni
He can't shoot though.

Sicknote
03-20-2011, 11:01 AM
How about LAC? I don't know about their assets, but Blake and Rondo running the break would be :eek:

Harison
03-20-2011, 11:05 AM
True, no realistic fan said Rondo is the best PG, BUT a lot of fans and "experts" were saying Rondo is the best player on the team, when he never, ever was.

brownmamba00
03-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Rondo for Fisher (he can make clutch shots)

lol

Rose
03-20-2011, 11:26 AM
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Rajon%20Rondo

With the exception of at the rim, his numbers have fallen drastically.

Ken_Masters
03-20-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm a Celts fan, and you can count me as another who wants to see him shipped out if the right package comes along. Rondo strikes me as a very immature player. He shows up and plays when he wants to. I'm tired of the C's playing 4 against 5 on the offensive end. He passes up wide open layups to pad his assist numbers, he let's his man blow by on defense just so he can take swipes at the ball from behind, he can't hit a free throw to save his life, etc.....Message to Rondo, if the team is giving you like 5 feet of space because they totally disrespect you as a shooter, learn how to use the frigging GLASS. The GLASS is your FRIEND. :rolleyes:

Eat Like A Bosh
03-20-2011, 11:40 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2482/3811055786_b51d292cde.jpg

'Toine=MVP
03-20-2011, 11:55 AM
zero chance he gets traded. he is on a 6 game severe slump. so what? someone would have to give up a young top 10 player. there aren't many of them hanging around.

'Toine=MVP
03-20-2011, 11:57 AM
True, no realistic fan said Rondo is the best PG, BUT a lot of fans and "experts" were saying Rondo is the best player on the team, when he never, ever was.

Rondo is without a doubt the best player on the Celtics - no reasonable person disagrees. When he is playing well, he is definitely the most impactful PG in the league. Though he is prone to slumps a little more than other top PG because his game is build around 100% effort and 100% focus.

Assassin
03-20-2011, 12:02 PM
No... But Doc should definitely lessen his minutes like tonight; only 20-30 minutes. And maybe even rest him for a few games and let Delonte West start to heal his injuries.

step_back
03-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Denver - Raymond Felton & Nene - No way Denver does that
Golden State - Monta Ellis or Stephen Curry and filler - Both those guys have bigger upside
Indiana - Darren Collison, Roy Hibbert and filler - asking too much
Milwaukee - Andrew Bogut and Brandon Jennings - Laughing out loud
New Jersey - Deron Williams - laughing out loud
New Orleans - Chris Paul - laughing out loud
Philadelphia - Jrue Holiday and Igoudala or Brand - no chance
Portland - Brandon Roy and Greg Oden- this one is possible[/QUOTE]

themurph
03-20-2011, 12:39 PM

I think people watch Rondo enough....He's been on national TV a lot since that championship year....I respect the kid's defensive play and his assists game...

But let's be real about this...Having a PG on your team that can't make a consistent open jumper, who regularly passes up open shots, and can't shoot FT's is a problem...And bringing up Rondo's shooting percentage is moot considering he rarely shoots the ball more than 8 to 10 times a game anyway....

I think the kid could be an exceptional player....But he has to make some improvements to his game...Because when those HOF's retire, he's going to have to expand his game just as Jason Kidd was able to do...Or else he will be exposed for his limited abilities...

themurph
03-20-2011, 12:45 PM
zero chance he gets traded. he is on a 6 game severe slump. so what? someone would have to give up a young top 10 player. there aren't many of them hanging around.

You are not trading him because Rondo has had a few bad games...That would be silly....You would be trading him because it's not a given that he will make any improvements in his overall game...

The Truth, Jesus and KG will be retiring pretty soon....It's going to be tough for Rondo to exists without guys making big shots....If Rondo is able to make improvements to his shooting and FT%, then he should stick around....If not, you need to sell him while he still has value...

'Toine=MVP
03-20-2011, 12:53 PM
You are not trading him because Rondo has had a few bad games...That would be silly....You would be trading him because it's not a given that he will make any improvements in his overall game...

The Truth, Jesus and KG will be retiring pretty soon....It's going to be tough for Rondo to exists without guys making big shots....If Rondo is able to make improvements to his shooting and FT%, then he should stick around....If not, you need to sell him while he still has value...

He won't need to ever improve to be a borderline top 10 player for years to come. So I'd need a definitive lock top 10 player for the next 6-7 years if I traded Rondo away.

Ainge cares about building a championship team, not a pretty good playoff team. Rondo's style of play is the exact type you want from a PG if you want to win a championship. It's better to build around him than Rose if your goal is winning a championship. If your goal is to be what the Hawks have been, then trading Rondo makes some sense.

Rose
03-20-2011, 12:59 PM
He won't need to ever improve to be a borderline top 10 player for years to come. So I'd need a definitive lock top 10 player for the next 6-7 years if I traded Rondo away.

Ainge cares about building a championship team, not a pretty good playoff team. Rondo's style of play is the exact type you want from a PG if you want to win a championship. It's better to build around him than Rose if your goal is winning a championship. If your goal is to be what the Hawks have been, then trading Rondo makes some sense.
:facepalm

I guess Rose, Durant, LeBron, Dwight, Pau, LA, Westbrook, Bynum(if healthy so I'll list more), Wall, CP3, Melo, D-will, Griffin, EJ, Amare, Bosh, are all retiring?

Because all those guys are gonna be 1-15-ish.

All Net
03-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Boston aren't going to trade their only main young asset.

themurph
03-20-2011, 01:09 PM

Rondo has a luxury of playing his style because he is playing with 3 future HOF'ers.....If he can make improvements to his game then I can see the Celts keeping him around when those other guys retire in the next two years...

And let's not drive to crazy town...We all have the teams that we cheer for...We all have the players that we love...But bringing up Rose in this conversation is puzzling....There's not one GM in the league that would choose Rondo over Rose to build a team around...And that's no diss...I happen to like the things Rondo was able to do in the playoffs...He's a tough player...and has a lot of heart....But reality is reality....Turn down the Celtics pride and think like an everyday GM....

The beauty of Rondo's game is he has been able to showcase his skills on a roster that has allowed him to be a throwback PG....He has been able to get away with not shooting open jumpers consistently...He has been able to get away with gambling defensively...He has been able to get away with his horrible FT%, something that is almost a rarity in PG circles given that PG's handle the rock the majority of the game...Rondo has been the perfect PG for the Celts and the Big 3....

But when his teammates retire we will see if Rondo was willing to put in the work during the off-season...That will be telling...

ProfessorMurder
03-20-2011, 01:12 PM
:oldlol: at all of these Celtics fans turning their backs on him.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 01:18 PM
The "Rondo passes up open shots" myth is just from those few plays where Ray run beside him and also has an open shot. Rondo is a very intelligent player, he understands what he needs to do for the team. He understood that vs the Cavs and Magic last year he had the favourable matchup, so he dominated and tried to score more often. He also understood that in the Finals, Kobe was guarding him (who is much taller and a good defender) whereas Ray Allen was being guarded by shorter players, so he tried to get Ray going.

I've got this thread bookmarked for the playoffs, btw. Or even when he returns from his injury.

And to those saying trade him if the right package comes along - surely that's true for everyone but a very select few? Thats what the phrase "right package" means. If someone offered us Jrue Holiday and another decent young player (say, Spencer Hawes), we're going to consider it. There's a big difference to actually shopping him though.

Harison
03-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Rondo is without a doubt the best player on the Celtics - no reasonable person disagrees. When he is playing well, he is definitely the most impactful PG in the league. Though he is prone to slumps a little more than other top PG because his game is build around 100% effort and 100% focus.
I'm sorry, but thats not a reasonable opinion :pimp: He never was the best player on the Celtics. Pierce is as important offensively as Rondo, and Celtics wins by defense anyway, and we know who is an anchor, hint - its not Rondo.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm sorry, but thats not a reasonable opinion :pimp: He never was the best player on the Celtics. Pierce is as important offensively as Rondo, and Celtics wins by defense anyway, and we know who is an anchor, hint - its not Rondo.

I consider him the most important player in the offense, but not the best player.

code green
03-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Rondo's not going anywhere :facepalm

Harison
03-20-2011, 01:30 PM
I consider him the most important player in the offense, but not the best player.
All PGs run the offense, but that alone doesnt make them the best on the team, or even offensively, if they average 10 PPG only. 10/15 was good enough to have Rondo on par with Big3, 10/11 doesnt cut it.

themurph
03-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Rondo's not going anywhere :facepalm

I see your vision....But here's one question....Do you still see Rondo having the same impact when the Big 3 retires?

No diss....Just a question that needs to be asked.....

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 01:33 PM
I see your vision....But here's one question....Do you still see Rondo having the same impact when the Big 3 retires?

Not the same, but he could easily have equal. And if it takes tanking to make us a championship team again... :confusedshrug:

ballup
03-20-2011, 01:45 PM
OP, you would rather have Roy and Oden instead of Rondo?:roll: Great joke man.

MayCeltics
03-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Anyone is tradable. If Danny Ainge gets a great offer, he will trade Rondo. Unless of course Celtics win it all. If they don' Rondo could be shipped too

code green
03-20-2011, 02:13 PM

I'm not saying Rondo is going to be a Chris Paul or Deron Williams like player, and that's fine. We're not paying him that kind of money. When Ainge made that contract, he knew what kind of player he'd be getting in return. At 11 million a year, you've got some flexibility to add some other offensive weapons, because they'll need to in order to win. How we handle the summer of 2012 could determine how the rest of Rondo's career will unfold.

AMISTILLILL
03-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Guy has a slump and people are putting him on the trading block. I would have hated to see what Boston fans had to say when Ray had his slump in the '08 playoffs.

code green
03-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Guy has a slump and people are putting him on the trading block. I would have hated to see what Boston fans had to say when Ray had his slump in the '08 playoffs.

It took me a year and a half to get over his performance against Atlanta. Couldn't hit a shot and was getting flamed by Joe Johnson at the other end.

I don't hold Rondo to the same standard as Ray though...and it's pretty clear Rondo isn't feeling too hot right now, so i give him a pass.

LT Ice Cream
03-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Another typical knee-jerk IsH thread. OP, GTFO

DStebb716
03-20-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm sick of players that are supposed to be great playing like shit and then getting off because of made up injuries. People go through slumps, deal with it. Some people are just plain overrated, deal with it.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-20-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm sick of players that are supposed to be great playing like shit and then getting off because of made up injuries. People go through slumps, deal with it. Some people are just plain overrated, deal with it.

Says the guy with the Melo avatar, hmmm

el gringos
03-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Rondo is not worth bogut- not even close, and you want jennings thrown in??? Would the clippers even give kaman for rondo?

XxSMSxX
03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
So should we also trade Pierce who's been shooting like garbage these last couple games?

DeronMillsap
03-20-2011, 03:55 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211544

Curry >>> Rondo

Hondo
03-20-2011, 06:08 PM
So should we also trade Pierce who's been shooting like garbage these last couple games?

Pierce gives a damn, and he has a large body of work, where we know that he occasionally checks out. Pierce has improved/ modified his game every year in the league. Rondo's shooting has actually regressed every year, and his defense has fallen off hugely this year

Hondo
03-20-2011, 06:19 PM
OP, you would rather have Roy and Oden instead of Rondo?:roll: Great joke man.

Roy would only need to play about 20-24 minutes a night off the bench, and I still believe in Oden. I really think he can turn it around.

A trade I really think we could do would be Rondo, JO for Holiday, Hawes, Kapono and a draft pick.

PG: Holiday/ Arroyo/ Bradley
SG: Allen/ West/ Wafer
SF: Pierce/ Green/ Kapono
PF: Garnett/ Davis/ Murphy
CT: S. O'Neal/ Krstic/ Hawes

Holiday, Davis and Green would be a nice core to build around.

Rnbizzle
03-20-2011, 06:20 PM
You're an idiot.. he's just waiting for the playoffs. Watch him pile up those triple doubles again..

Hondo
03-20-2011, 06:24 PM
You're an idiot.. he's just waiting for the playoffs. Watch him pile up those triple doubles again..

We'll see.

ballup
03-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Roy would only need to play about 20-24 minutes a night off the bench, and I still believe in Oden. I really think he can turn it around.

A trade I really think we could do would be Rondo, JO for Holiday, Hawes, Kapono and a draft pick.

PG: Holiday/ Arroyo/ Bradley
SG: Allen/ West/ Wafer
SF: Pierce/ Green/ Kapono
PF: Garnett/ Davis/ Murphy
CT: S. O'Neal/ Krstic/ Hawes

Holiday, Davis and Green would be a nice core to build around.
Funny how you have more faith in a consistently injured bigman than in your team's starting point guard.

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-20-2011, 06:58 PM

Curry >>> RondoNo.

Notorious D.M.C
03-20-2011, 07:20 PM

New Orleans - Chris Paul

I would gladly give you Monta for Rondo.

TrueRob
03-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Rondo can only do well on a team full of shooters. No team should take him unless they have plenty of shooters for him to pass to. Trade Rondo for Steph Curry. Then Boston has 3-point shooters at the 1-3 positions. Then when they run this lineup, they'll have all shooters on the floor.

PG: Steph Curry
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Glen Davis
C: Kevin Garnett

XxSMSxX
03-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Pierce gives a damn, and he has a large body of work, where we know that he occasionally checks out. Pierce has improved/ modified his game every year in the league. Rondo's shooting has actually regressed every year, and his defense has fallen off hugely this year

So because Pierce has stretches where he has completely sucked before it's ok now? You know how much of a hypocrite you look like saying that? And Rondo's game hasn't improved every year? Do you even watch Celtics games? And even though he's had this stretch of games where he's been shooting like crap he's still actually shooting a better % from mid range than he was last year, with more attempts to boot. Anyone who's watched enough Celtics games can see he's steadily getting more confident taking that shot which is exactly what Doc wants out of him. And he still leads the league in assists, still 2nd in spg, and once again Rondo has an injured pinky finger, i can't even remember how many times he's rolled his ankle this year. Rondo's gonna be fine and step his game up like he always has come playoff time. Just let him get healthy first

YAK
03-20-2011, 10:11 PM
and was at one point shooting 45% (comparable to DRose, Paul, and DWill) from 16-23 feet.

One player was given that shot, the others were not.

Yakkity Yak

sirkeelma
03-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Give me Dwill.

Tlova
03-21-2011, 12:27 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/ferrariguy13/dejavue.jpg

623baller
03-21-2011, 02:59 AM
rondo is the perfect fit for celtics

you need someone that can play defense (he gambles too much but decent d)

you need someone that can feed the big 3 (i don't think anyone can argue with this)

you need someone that can push the fast break

i think he had some what improved his mid range or at least does not hesitate or turn down that shot

his biggest liability now is his free throw shooting which is why he is not driving to the cup all that much

he is inconsistent, but i think it's cuz the injury and emotionally unstable from the perk's trade

BlackWhiteGreen
03-31-2011, 10:35 PM
22/14/5 and no turnovers.

Anyone going to take anything back?

ProfessorMurder
03-31-2011, 10:36 PM
:oldlol: at all of these Celtics fans turning their backs on him.

Will you guys turn back around and give him a hug now?

ballup
03-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Rondo can give them all a hug at the same time. He probably has the wingspan to do it.

nbacardDOTnet
03-31-2011, 10:44 PM

Rondo !!!!!!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/Rajon%20Rondo/Records/20110331atSpurs-no-to.jpg

CelticBaller
03-31-2011, 10:50 PM
You little b1tches are overreacting :facepalm. just wait for the playoffs and lets see
i kno rite?

CelticBaller
03-31-2011, 10:56 PM
anyway, can we officially say his back?

Assassin
03-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Rondo !!!!!!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/Rajon%20Rondo/Records/20110331atSpurs-no-to.jpg
GOAT PG

Better than Magic Johnson and Stockton combined!

XxSMSxX
03-31-2011, 11:46 PM

They prolly weren't real fans in the first place:confusedshrug:

CelticBaller
03-31-2011, 11:51 PM

Curry >>> Rondo
:roll:

Jasper
03-31-2011, 11:59 PM
The OP has some lost marbles ... Rondo is a top 5 PG in the league , and Boston will retire his number when it is all said and done.
Last two years he carried that team .
We all see his inefficiences at making a shot , and what we assume is a weakness, might be contributed to Rondo's mental make up.
he is 100% a floor general , and 4th option PG.
THIS IS the type of PG any team would love to have.
Sometimes a players skill level lacks in certain departments , but if this is the only less efficient skill level Rondo has , Boston should use it as a strength , not a weakness.
What I am saying is his game can be more tailored made to generate EVEN more shots for spot up shooters.
Just wait until Green figures out the system , you going to see him and Rondo flourish.
Right now Rondo is at 48% shooting and a dismaul -27% behind the arc.
As long as he has a SG that shoots solid 3 pts , it's not an issue.
I'd say Boston should be more concerned about his FT shooting , and some off season coaching can do wonders . (ask Duncan)

PP34Deuce
04-01-2011, 03:29 AM
His offseason will be crucial. next year he will most likely need a bigger role in the offense similar to tonight. hes gotta make that midrange jumper.

When he makes em,hes even more dangerous passing. I saw the spurs play off him with Parker and Ginobilli....Can always find the open man.

When he is in the mode he was in tonight and indiana game,the celtics are very tough to stop.

ballerz
04-01-2011, 03:55 AM
he has been making the midrange J in the last few games

Christofire
04-01-2011, 04:05 AM

New Orleans - Chris Paul

Celtic fan here...I'm all for it......Trade while he's super overrated and worth something...we can find tons of PGs that want to do nothing other than pass the ball, turn down good shots and only assert himself when his opponent his opponent is the like of mo williams and derrick Rose back when he played no defense at all.

Christofire
04-01-2011, 04:07 AM
His offseason will be crucial. next year he will most likely need a bigger role in the offense similar to tonight. hes gotta make that midrange jumper.

When he makes em,hes even more dangerous passing. I saw the spurs play off him with Parker and Ginobilli....Can always find the open man.

When he is in the mode he was in tonight and indiana game,the celtics are very tough to stop.

That made happens few and far between....it tokk him how many games to have 2 back to back good offensive games?.....unacceptable especially when the team has been struggling. ray allen and has cooled off and all those cheap assists are harder to come we will need mor eof these kinda nights form rodno if we're gonna be successful this year

Christofire
04-01-2011, 04:12 AM
The OP has some lost marbles ... Rondo is a top 5 PG in the league , and Boston will retire his number when it is all said and done.
(ask Duncan)

Reritre his number where?...in the hall of mediocrity?..

he average 10 pts for his career with 7.5 assts and 4 rebs.....he's gonna be 26 next season, he's got alot of work to do if want to makes the hall of fame. especially if he'll be decline in the next 4 years or so

themurph
04-01-2011, 04:13 AM

No...What should anyone have to take back? Because unless Rondo improves his outside shot and FT % he will be only be as good as his teammates are on any given night...

I'll say it again...it will be interesting to see how he progresses when the Big 3 retires...

Heat007
04-01-2011, 04:16 AM
Yeah. Decide to bump up a thread on a very rare night he was hitting some shots

Where were you before?

Rondo's shooting from March 13-23

1-6
1-10
0-2
2-11
4-8
6-15
2-12

meh

ballerz
04-01-2011, 04:21 AM

Where were you before?

1-6
1-10
0-2
2-11
4-8
6-15
2-12

meh
he was in a slump and has never been a scoring first pg and hasn't developed his game that way

Christofire
04-01-2011, 04:29 AM
he was in a slump and has never been a scoring first pg and hasn't developed his game that way

Rose does it and get toasted...Rondo gets a pass...Lol....

BlackWhiteGreen
04-01-2011, 07:07 AM
No...What should anyone have to take back? Because unless Rondo improves his outside shot and FT % he will be only be as good as his teammates are on any given night...

I'll say it again...it will be interesting to see how he progresses when the Big 3 retires...

Watch the game, Rondo hit 5 or 6 midrange jumpers.

And christofire is in no way a celts fan.

JohnnySic
04-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Not a chance.

Hondo
04-01-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm still not impressed. We need a point guard that can shoot, play D, pass and he can't be an emo. I really want Jrue Holiday from the 76ers, He really impresses me, and he's one of the youngest players in the league.

Christofire
04-01-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm still not impressed. We need a point guard that can shoot, play D, pass and he can't be an emo. I really want Jrue Holiday from the 76ers, He really impresses me, and he's one of the youngest players in the league.
oh yeh man drue is gona be really good....

Real Men Wear Green
04-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Holiday seems like a fine player, but I must confess that the idea of taking him over Rondo strikes me as being somewhat insane.

Javat_90
04-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Great game!!

CelticBaller
04-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Go watch the Sixers because it ain't happening. Rondo>>>>>>>Holiday and you better be ready because the playoffs are comming :banana:

CelticBaller
04-01-2011, 11:32 AM

Where were you before?

1-6
1-10
0-2
2-11
4-8
6-15
2-12

meh
Funny how you didn't show the pacers game. before that he was in a slump, injured.

XxSMSxX
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM

It's much more likely that your teammates will be hot than a single player will be. Especially considering how many open looks he gets them, he plays the exact way i want my PG to play and the C's think the same thing

Heat007
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Funny how you didn't show the pacers game. before that he was in a slump.

Okay so we're going to rely on six games being the anomaly instead of the two good games ? Yeah sure, that really makes sense.

This is nothing new as we know how inconsistent he's been over the years.

CelticBaller
04-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh, so we're going to rely on two games as not being the anomaly or the slump of six ? This is nothing new as we know how inconsistent he is over the years.
He has proven he could be consistent in cases. Have you watched the playoffs? ohhh right you're a Heat fan :rolleyes:

XxSMSxX
04-01-2011, 11:40 AM
He has proven he could be consistent in cases. Have you watched the playoffs? ohhh right you're a Heat fan :rolleyes:

Dont worry he's gonna be watching Rondo dump assists everywhere in the playoffs :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
04-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Okay so we're going to rely on six games being the anomaly instead of the two good games ? Yeah sure, that really makes sense.

This is nothing new as we know how inconsistent he's been over the years.
He's been a 2-time All-Star over the last two years. It's hilarious that you talk about how "six games are the anomaly over two" when we are discussing a guy that has been one of the NBA's top point guards over the last two seasons. That's what really doesn't make sense.