PDA

View Full Version : Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

Kblaze8855
03-20-2011, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJnS88rQSKI

Eddie House? Ben Gordon? Curry? Better? There are people talking him up as a #1 pick and people saying he should go undrafted. I dont think ive ever seen this big a difference in where the supporters and haters of a player have him ranked.

Say your team has the...9th pick.

Too early for him?

PHaYze
03-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Eddie House?:lol

Chicago Brawls
03-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Luke Ridnour.

wang4three
03-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Post-prime Jason Terry with even more range. Lottery for sure.

alenleomessi
03-20-2011, 06:39 PM
15-20 pick

MayCeltics
03-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Jimmr Crossover is below the radar skill.

Donald Glover :bowdown:

GOBB
03-20-2011, 06:40 PM
I have the 9th pick I'm not drafting Jimmer. Borderline lottery high 20's guy.

ashbelly
03-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Matt maloney reincarnate.. I heard pat riley was looking at him. If he falls in the 2nd round, thats cool. I just like his shooting, nothing else.

IGOTGAME
03-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm not taking Jimmer with the 9th pick. I don't see a way to use him besides running off screens or shooting spot ups. Not worth it at 9.

kabalcage
03-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Jimmer reminds me a lot of Gilbert Arenas in that he uses his body well to finish against bigger bodies and randomly chucks up deep threes. He also posses a very good handle and has pretty good court vision, the kid doesn't make many mistakes.

I'm not worried about his ability to stick in the league; if Juan Carlos Navarro can stick, then I'm sure a more talented player can stick as well. The big red flags are that he's old (22) and white which will definitely hurt his draft stock. Since the draft class is so poor, I'm 100% sure he'll be drafted in the first round. I'd peg him in the late lottery where he invariably lands onto the Utah Jazz.

His ceiling is a sixth man and his floor is a journeyman.

IGOTGAME
03-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Jimmer reminds me a lot of Gilbert Arenas in that he uses his body well to finish against bigger bodies and randomly chucks up deep threes. He also posses a very good handle and has pretty good court vision, the kid doesn't make many mistakes.

I'm not worried about his ability to stick in the league; if Juan Carlos Navarro can stick, then I'm sure a more talented player can stick as well. The big red flags are that he's old (22) and white which will definitely hurt his draft stock. Since the draft class is so poor, I'm 100% sure he'll be drafted in the first round. I'd peg him in the late lottery where he invariably lands onto the Utah Jazz.

I'm sorry but what makes you think he is more talented than Juan Carlos Navarro.

ashbelly
03-20-2011, 06:50 PM

Gilbert arenas ?? This guy is matt maloney. And i bet his career will follow the same route as matt's.

Rysio
03-20-2011, 06:53 PM
^ racists

Simple Jack
03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Great song choice.

KBlaze, I have a song request. Can you make it happen?

Go Getter
03-20-2011, 06:58 PM
No.@9

People tout his range but he's shooting from regular NBA distance.

And being in Utah I've seen a lot of him.

He's more creative off the bounce than people give him credit for, but realistically, he jacks up some HORRIBLE shots. Not squared up, defender in the face, with no rebounder in position.

He won't be able to get away with that in the pros.

2nd round....bench player, spark off bench.

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2011, 06:59 PM
I've been impressed with his first step. As a matter of fact, that is the thing that has stuck out to me more than anything about his game, at least from what I've seen in the tournament (hadn't seen much of him prior). I was expecting a JJ Redick type of range shooter with limited athleticism.

He is really absolutely nothing like Redick and he is pretty damned athletic. I sort of find the Ben Gordon comparison interesting. He could be a modern day Vinnie Johnson on the next level... It wouldn't shock me.

Go Getter
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
I've been impressed with his first step. As a matter of fact, that is the thing that has stuck out to me more than anything about his game, at least from what I've seen in the tournament (hadn't seen much of him prior). I was expecting a JJ Redick type of range shooter with limited athleticism.

He is really absolutely nothing like Redick and he is pretty damned athletic. I sort of find the Ben Gordon comparison interesting. He could be a modern day Vinnie Johnson on the next level... It wouldn't shock me.
Ben Gordon was a much better player in college.

Jimmer is not going to have four guys getting him shots all game in the pros.

The competition in the tourney is getting better and it shows in the way he has to shoot more and more to put up numbers.

IGOTGAME
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM

IMO, he is a 6"2 shooter who can't finish at the rim against NBA level bigs. He has bad shot selection and has not shown the ability to run an offense. He also shows no inclination to play defense. Doesn't sound like starter potential. Maybe he turns out to be a good 6th man but there are 9 prospects I would take over him.

ashbelly
03-20-2011, 07:06 PM
IMO, he is a 6"2 shooter who can't finish at the rim against NBA level bigs. He has bad shot selection and has not shown the ability to run an offense. He also shows no inclination to play defense. Doesn't sound like starter potential. Maybe he turns out to be a good 6th man but there are 9 prospects I would take over him.

he can play in Miami and just spot up for 3's., thats if he falls in the 2nd round.

YAK
03-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Jimmer wont fall into the second round.
In fact he won't fall out of the lottery.
Not in this draft.

Yakkity Yak

IGOTGAME
03-20-2011, 07:09 PM
he can play in Miami and just spot up for 3's., thats if he falls in the 2nd round.

he can't play defense...They would still have the same problems they have with Bibby starting. When they play Rondo, Rose, Nelso he would have a field day.

Burgz
03-20-2011, 07:10 PM
honestly this reminds me of when jameer nelson was coming out of college, how good he was in the college game and all the national player of the year awards and everything

as a player he's different but i can see the same scenario where he's projected to go lottery or mid 1st round and slides into the 20s

not a strong draft though so it might just come down to team needs, ill wait for the lottery to make any predictions

bumpyknucks
03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
I haven

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't disagree... Which is why I chose Vinnie Johnson, who was known as a great energy guy off of the bench. I don't think he is quite as dominant as Gordon was in college, but I do think they have some similarities in style of play.

And, no... I don't want my team taking him in the lottery, regardless of where our two picks fall. I am surprised by his style of play, though... It just wasn't what I expected. To be completely honest, when I hear about a white volume scorer from BYU, I am thinking a JJ Redick style player...

Jimmer relies a lot on his athleticism, which was a surprise... To me, at least.

KevinNYC
03-20-2011, 07:36 PM

Miami needs guys to deliver jump shots when Wayne and LeBron are double teamed.

That would be a good fit, if they can't find a center.

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2011, 07:37 PM
honestly this reminds me of when jameer nelson was coming out of college, how good he was in the college game and all the national player of the year awards and everything

as a player he's different but i can see the same scenario where he's projected to go lottery or mid 1st round and slides into the 20s

not a strong draft though so it might just come down to team needs, ill wait for the lottery to make any predictions
Jameer is much more of a natural point guard. I really don't see Fredette being a starting point guard in the NBA. In fact, I think the closer comparison on that St. Joes team would be Delonte West. Jimmer is sort of a shorter Delonte with a little better jumper and worse shot selection.

kaiiu
03-20-2011, 07:40 PM
I hope the Cavs don't waste a lottery pick on this dude

LA_Showtime
03-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Jimmer seems destined to be the type of guy whose NBA career will ultimately be defined by who drafts him. On the right team, he'd be an exceptional asset... on a bad team he might look like a bust.

magnax1
03-20-2011, 07:42 PM
I haven't watched him a lot, but what NBA player has a build like him? He doesn't seem like he's long at all (maybe it's just because he's pretty wide) and he's not going to be getting past any NBA point guards with his athleticism. Not that he's unathletic exactly, but compared to the NBA point guard position which is completely stacked with insane athletes he's just not going to compete. If he could play 2 guard, then maybe I could see him getting a chance, but like I said, he's doesn't seem very long and he's only 6-2. You just don't see guys built like him in the NBA. He's definitely got real NBA 3 pt range though, so maybe he could make it in a derek Fisher type role.

KB2clutch
03-20-2011, 07:47 PM
rich mans stephen curry with iversons scoring ability, perennial allstar and all-nbaer for years to come, easily #1 pick in this draft and im very picky with white players

vert48
03-20-2011, 07:50 PM
I have seen him play 25-30 times in person, and he is almost shocking to watch. I have never seen anyone with his range. I was at a game in January, and saw him make 10 in a row from 30+ feet during warmups. His body control and court awareness are uncanny, and he is a great passer.

midatlantic09
03-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Anything in the top 10-12 picks is too high for this guy. He'll probably go top 10, but he shouldn't. No handles, average athleticism, no defense, average quickness/speed, and, at 6'1/6'2, is really a 2-guard in a PG's body. If he's available at 15-20, he's worth taking, but not much before that.

My prediction: Career 6th/7th man for a good team or fringe starter for a bad team. My guess is that he ends up being a Steve Kerr/Eddie House type player who can come in and be a great spot up shooter (averaging 11-13ppg in his prime), but don't expect much more because he just doesn't have the talent to be a great player.

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2011, 07:54 PM
I haven't watched him a lot, but what NBA player has a build like him? He doesn't seem like he's long at all (maybe it's just because he's pretty wide) and he's not going to be getting past any NBA point guards with his athleticism. Not that he's unathletic exactly, but compared to the NBA point guard position which is completely stacked with insane athletes he's just not going to compete. If he could play 2 guard, then maybe I could see him getting a chance, but like I said, he's doesn't seem very long and he's only 6-2. You just don't see guys built like him in the NBA. He's definitely got real NBA 3 pt range though, so maybe he could make it in a derek Fisher type role.
See, I disagree on the athleticism side of it. I'm impressed by his athleticism, as I said in my above post... And I do think he has a nice first step and he would be able to get by a lot of guards on the next level. His length (or lack thereof) could be a real problem, though.

Like I said... I don't see him being a starting point guard in the NBA with his scoring mentality, but he isn't long enough to play the 2.

Combo guard off of the bench... Book it. He could help a good team that can cover up some of his deficiencies and could use a scoring spark off of the bench. To me, that is his ceiling.

Rysio
rich mans stephen curry with iversons scoring ability, perennial allstar and all-nbaer for years to come, easily #1 pick in this draft and im very picky with white players
:applause:

KB2clutch
Anything in the top 10-12 picks is too high for this guy. He'll probably go top 10, but he shouldn't. No handles, average athleticism, average quickness/speed, and is really a 2-guard in a PG's body.

My prediction: Career 6th/7th man for a good team or fringe starter for a bad team. My guess is that he ends up being a Steve Kerr/Eddie House type player who can come in and be a great spot up shooter (averaging 11-13ppg in his prime), but don't expect much more because he just doesn't have the talent to be a great player.
r u retarded??? his handles with be top 10 in the nba right now, his first step i would say is elite even though he's not that quick and he can get to the basket at will because of his handles. He's passing ability is starting pg caliber and hes probably stronger than 90% of the pgs in the league which is why he's such an amazing finisher at the college level despite his low ups

Burgz
Jameer is much more of a natural point guard. I really don't see Fredette being a starting point guard in the NBA. In fact, I think the closer comparison on that St. Joes team would be Delonte West. Jimmer is sort of a shorter Delonte with a little better jumper and worse shot selection.

yea i can see that too as well

i was just comparing with in terms of draft stock though

midatlantic09
03-20-2011, 08:02 PM
r u retarded??? his handles with be top 10 in the nba right now, his first step i would say is elite even though he's not that quick and he can get to the basket at will because of his handles. He's passing ability is starting pg caliber and hes probably stronger than 90% of the pgs in the league which is why he's such an amazing finisher at the college level despite his low ups

I'm not sure what kind of flame this is, but I can think of at least 10 players likely to come out who will become better NBA players than Jimmer.

DGARAS
03-20-2011, 08:04 PM
you're all being too harsh. thing that separates this guy from the rest is that he's a hard worker.

and he played 4 years in college. now that's a disadvantage? i've seen people say that players should stay in college longer, now it's he should have come to the nba sooner. lol

make up your minds. stop hating.

yea he's white. his first step is fine. his shooting is great. he's a better version of eddie house that can run the offense a little bit. 15+ is fine for him.

anything could happen though. he could work hard and become a good nba player. you never know.

redsoxballer
03-20-2011, 08:08 PM
From a lot of the posts im reading, most people have only watched the BYU Wolford game and are making assumptions based on that. Jimmer has an NBA level first step, the best range of any player (college or NBA), and uses his body very well (deron williams like). He wont be a star IMO, but he could be a Jason Terry type player and make some allstar games.

GOBB
03-20-2011, 08:08 PM
It'll be interesting to see what he does in the NBA. I wont run away from a plate full of crow if he become an All Star caliber guard. We've seen great college players before who go to the NBA and their transition isnt so smooth. Aman Morrison? I couldnt tell you what team he currently plays for. JJ Redick however has been carving his place in the league. Havent seen much of Tyler Hansborough but Jameer Nelson turned into a starting caliber player. Chances Jimmer can do even that? I'm not sure. We'll see who is right and wrong.

I thought Adam Morrison was gonna be a player in the game. Not franchise, but definately an All Star caliber forward. :facepalm

GOBB
03-20-2011, 08:10 PM
From a lot of the posts im reading, most people have only watched the BYU Wolford game and are making assumptions based on that. Jimmer has an NBA level first step, the best range of any player (college or NBA), and uses his body very well (deron williams like). He wont be a star IMO, but he could be a Jason Terry type player and make some allstar games.

A Jason Terry level player isnt making all star games in the NBA especially at the PG position. So you need to pick a side. Either Jimmer becomes a star (which would lead to all star games) or he wont. Be a solid starting caliber talent in the mold of Jason Terry.

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2011, 08:10 PM
you're all being too harsh. thing that separates this guy from the rest is that he's a hard worker.

and he played 4 years in college. now that's a disadvantage? i've seen people say that players should stay in college longer, now it's he should have come to the nba sooner. lol

make up your minds. stop hating.

yea he's white. his first step is fine. his shooting is great. he's a better version of eddie house that can run the offense a little bit. 15+ is fine for him.

anything could happen though. he could work hard and become a good nba player. you never know.

No one is 'hating.' And, no amount of hard-work will make Jimmer 6-foot-5, which is where he really needs to be to dominate in the NBA with his style of play and physical tools. He is a great college player, but the NBA is a different animal all-together.

I don't think it is a slight to say that a guy has potential to be a good 6th man, energy guy off of the bench on a good NBA team.

midatlantic09
03-20-2011, 08:12 PM
he's a better version of eddie house that can run the offense a little bit. 15+ is fine for him.

Better version of Eddie House where? Eddie House was a beast at Arizona St. and averaged like 24, 6, and 4 as a senior against good college teams so I wouldn't be so quick to say he's a better version of Eddie House. Jimmer hasn't played an NBA game yet.

midatlantic09
03-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Post-prime Jason Terry with even more range. Lottery for sure.

If you want to compare someone to Jason Terry, compare Brandon Knight to him, not Jimmer.

magnax1
03-20-2011, 10:25 PM
See, I disagree on the athleticism side of it. I'm impressed by his athleticism, as I said in my above post... And I do think he has a nice first step and he would be able to get by a lot of guards on the next level. His length (or lack thereof) could be a real problem, though.

Like I said... I don't see him being a starting point guard in the NBA with his scoring mentality, but he isn't long enough to play the 2.

Combo guard off of the bench... Book it. He could help a good team that can cover up some of his deficiencies and could use a scoring spark off of the bench. To me, that is his ceiling.
I guess I haven't watched a whole lot of him, so I could easily be wrong. However, I just don't think a guy with that type of body can thrive in the NBA. And I didn't say he was unathletic, but just looking through most starting NBA point guards, he's probably the least athletic I can think of excluding Fisher. At the shooting guard he wouldn't be so bad, it's just that the point guard is filled with some crazy athletes.

PleezeBelieve
03-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Am I really this much smarter than you f*cks?

Seriously, you all tout Irving as a clear #1 pick prospect and yet someone who plays in a similar fashion is a second round grade?

Fredette will be a good point guard in this league. I see very little that separates him from Mark Price while a lot that reminds me of him. He has a nasty change of direction dribble, has an epic release and creates great elevation on his jumper.

These traits alone will allow him to be a starting point guard in this league. I find it laughable the amount of hype that goes to point guards like Irving and players like Wall when skillsets like Jimmer has is far more difficult to find.

IGOTGAME
03-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Am I really this much smarter than you f*cks?

Seriously, you all tout Irving as a clear #1 pick prospect and yet someone who plays in a similar fashion is a second round grade?

Fredette will be a good point guard in this league. I see very little that separates him from Mark Price while a lot that reminds me of him. He has a nasty change of direction dribble, has an epic release and creates great elevation on his jumper.

These traits alone will allow him to be a starting point guard in this league. I find it laughable the amount of hype that goes to point guards like Irving and players like Wall when skillsets like Jimmer has is far more difficult to find.
:roll: :roll:

If prime Mark Price woke up with Jimmer's ball handling ability and court vision he would be :cry:

Kblaze8855
03-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Great song choice.

KBlaze, I have a song request. Can you make it happen?

Request that I use it...or just looking for one I used in the past?

Simple Jack
03-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Request that I use it...or just looking for one I used in the past?

Well if you have used it, I never saw the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74sRyhPNaU

I made a vid with it but I got lazy. It could be great if done right.

Reverend Hoops
03-21-2011, 01:13 AM
And Adam Morrison is the next Larry Bird. Funny thing is I could see Charlotte drafting him.

Lebron23
03-21-2011, 01:21 AM
And Adam Morrison is the next Larry Bird. Funny thing is I could see Charlotte drafting him.

Michael Jordan approves this post.

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/michael-jordan-398.jpg

Kblaze8855
03-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Well if you have used it, I never saw the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74sRyhPNaU

I made a vid with it but I got lazy. It could be great if done right.

I have it filed away in memory for the right person. But half of his songs are like that.

Grinder
03-21-2011, 01:58 AM
I'd take him with a top 5 pick.

Guy can flat out score, no matter who's on him. He's not going to see the double and triple teams in the NBA.

Some NBA level defenders he's gone up against:
Dropped 25 on Tyler Honeycutt (long, athletic and 6'8"; excellent defender)
Dropped 43, 30, and 25 on Kawhi Leonard (probable lottery pick and known for his stellar defense)
Lit up Elias Harris (another NBA caliber athlete) for 34.

Simple Jack
03-21-2011, 02:08 AM
I have it filed away in memory for the right person. But half of his songs are like that.
:cheers:

Suckafree
03-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Kblaze, Question.
Do you make money from youtube? Because I heard they pay money for X amount of views?
Any truth to this...?

Fudge
03-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Anything in the top 10-12 picks is too high for this guy. He'll probably go top 10, but he shouldn't. No handles, average athleticism, no defense, average quickness/speed, and, at 6'1/6'2, is really a 2-guard in a PG's body. If he's available at 15-20, he's worth taking, but not much before that.

Did you get that out of your ass? You obviously havent seen him play other than the 2 games in the tourney.

ILLsmak
03-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Good call on Gordon. That's a good comparison that I never would have made. he's not as bad of a shot taker as Gordon, though, but I think that's about what I expect out of Jimmer.

-Smak

Kblaze8855
03-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Kblaze, Question.
Do you make money from youtube? Because I heard they pay money for X amount of views?
Any truth to this...?

It is...and they offered. But they only offered because I have a lot of views and im guessing it offers automatically at that point. But to get paid id have to be able to prove all I upload is 100% my content. So if I like...just sat and talked about basketball and got millions of views I could get paid. Icant upload other peoples music and footage owned by ESPN, the NBA, and so on and make money. If I applied youtube would just look at what I put up and tell me to **** off before I got them sued.

BankShot
03-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Luke Ridnour.

You're just saying that because he's white. :rolleyes:

Not a good comparison at all. :no:

Chicago Brawls
03-21-2011, 04:49 AM
You're just saying that because he's white. :rolleyes:

Not a good comparison at all. :no:

Sure. Luke and Jimmer are white. I think that's pretty obvious per se.

Both will also be, in my mind, lottery picks.

Both will have similar careers. Again, in my opinion.

OhNoTimNoSho
03-21-2011, 09:31 AM
I've only seen a couple of highlight vids of the guy, but he seems way too stocky to be quick enough for the 1 or 2 position, his change of direction seems bulky and slow, he barely gets any separation on his first step and relies on using his body to shield the defender, that just won't work in the NBA. Spot up shooter at best, he has no other NBA level skills.

Jameer Nelson and Mark Price were both quicker and Jimmer's bball IQ is not even remotely in the same range as theirs.

Kblaze8855
03-21-2011, 12:13 PM
People on youtube are kinda upset I didnt respect the BYU honor code with my song choice...

Rekindled
03-21-2011, 12:26 PM
People on youtube are kinda upset I didnt respect the BYU honor code with my song choice...
:roll: :roll:

wang4three
03-21-2011, 12:29 PM
I think too much is made of what Jimmer can't do, but not enough of what he can. He may not be able to defend quick 1s next year, but he can definitely score on any PG in the league. He's strong and has broad shoulders. He's shown evidence of being able to post littler guards, and he can take contact as well as any guard I've seen coming out of college. Who really will turn down a potential 15-20pt player off the bench?

ashbelly
03-21-2011, 12:32 PM
How different is this guy from jon scheyer ??

Go Getter
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
I think too much is made of what Jimmer can't do, but not enough of what he can. He may not be able to defend quick 1s next year, but he can definitely score on any PG in the league. He's strong and has broad shoulders. He's shown evidence of being able to post littler guards, and he can take contact as well as any guard I've seen coming out of college. Who really will turn down a potential 15-20pt player off the bench?

How can you call him a potential 15-20 ppg scorer without seeing him against top tier competition yet?

I give him a chance because 2 PG backcourts are becoming more popular, but the guy takes A LOT of bad shots.....which is cool because he can flat out shoot....but how is he going to deal with 8-12 shots to get into his groove?

His handle is solid but idk how it stacks up to your average NBA guard yet....his range is bananas but is it really that much better than Durant, JJ, Ray, or Kobe's?

These questions can't be answerede until we see him play against the pros.

I think he has some of the tools he needs, but he isn't a sure shot.

One thing is that he does not get off the ground to well and his slashing ability is grossly overstated.

BYU runs an offense that allows him to create and get to the middle (with his talent to his credit) but he's not going to have 4 guys getting him shots like that in the pros.

Jotaro Durant
03-21-2011, 01:44 PM
He's the next Adam Morrison, so he'll get a ring before LeBron

:lol

wang4three
03-21-2011, 01:47 PM
How can you call him a potential 15-20 ppg scorer without seeing him against top tier competition yet?

Do you understand what potential means? How can you call anyone a potential NBA player without seeing them against NBA players? That's just a bad question.

Go Getter
03-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Do you understand what potential means? How can you call anyone a potential NBA player without seeing them against NBA players? That's just a bad question.
I said top notch potential, not even NBA players.

It's bad to call someone out on their potential to score points in the NBA.

Jimmer has TONS of hype...and a lot of it is unfounded.

Just because he can do things against MWC teams does not mean he will be able to pull it off in the NBA.

Is he better than JJ Redick, Juan Dixon, D. West, Ben Gordon, were in college?

I think not.

But he has game andhe's white so let's overrate him and call him a potential 20ppg scorer in the NBA:rolleyes:

Look at the players averaging 20ppg in the NBA and tell me that yor statement wasn't over estimation without provocation. (getting my Jesse Jackson on, lol)

Kombo
03-21-2011, 02:02 PM
I see nothing wrong with taking Jimmer at 9. The "top" prespects are gone at the point, and you're just taking a chance hoping you find someone that'll have a niche on your team.

John Henson, Montiejunas, Kawhi Leonard, and Brandon Knight are the prospects I think will all be going at this point. Are any of these guys a sure thing? Absolutely not. With Jimmer, you at least have a proven product. You can bring him off the bench as a 6th man on game 1 of his rookie year, and let him go crazy.

People talk about that, in the NBA he won't have 4 other guys just giving him all the shots. But in the NBA, your team takes up to about twice as many shots per game. He'll have enough opportunities to make it work.

One thing that's underrated about his game is that he has very good vision. I don't think his passes have the most touch the world, but he surprises me sometimes, because you think he's going to take every shot. When he doesn't and sets someone up nice, it's like "wow, maybe there is something more here".

I think, at the next level, Jimmer will struggle at first as we won't be able to get up every single shot he can in college. But because he has nice vision, I'd take a chance on him that he'll learn better shot selection and use his vision when in bad situations. There are not many guys who are great shooters who simply fail in the pros. At worst, he becomes a bench guy and situational shooter.

The 9th overall pick is a nice pick, which has turned out a lot of great pros, but the only stars it has produced were from the HS to NBA days (Amare, McGrady, and Dirk). In this draft, Jimmer should be considered a solid pick at #9. Since the draft eligibility change, the best players taken have been Noah and Derozan. The others look nothing special. By extending the eligibility, the NBA did it self a favor by making scouting easier. Now international prospects like dirk, and players like Amare/McGrady don't slip to number 9 because of their uncertainty.

Go Getter
03-21-2011, 02:07 PM
We (the Bulls) picked BG with a much higher pick han nine and I think Jimmer at absolute best could be a Ben Gordon type guy....I say at best because Jimmer does not have the explosiveness of Gordon, he doesn't make any tricky shots, and he shoots over guys in college (in the lane from a stand still) and iI don't think he will be able to play like that in the pros.

basically, his style is more suited for college.

He's going to have to spot up in the pros as he is NOT a penetrator, idc what he's doing in the NCAA.

Being a Utah guy though I'm going to be pulling for him.

GOBB
03-21-2011, 02:07 PM
I dont think what prospects were taken at 9 in the past matter much. Just because you cant list any billy badasses since eligibility change doesnt mean taking Jimmer at 9 is ok.

:roll:

Loneshot
03-21-2011, 02:14 PM
How different is this guy from jon scheyer ??
Serious? Scheyer was hot garbage. Jimmer has strength and shooting ability. There's a reason Scheyer had no shot in the NBA and had to go overseas.

GOBB
03-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Did anyone know anything about Jimmer before this season? Its like a couple after into this season his name became popular. Yet he's not a freshman. He's a senior.

StateProperty
03-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Did anyone know anything about Jimmer before this season? Its like a couple after into this season his name became popular. Yet he's not a freshman. He's a senior.
He lit up Florida in the 1st round last year, analysts were talking about who he was going into the game. But he didn't get the attention during the season. Then Pullen lit him up round 2.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=300770252

wang4three
03-21-2011, 03:30 PM
I said top notch potential, not even NBA players.
I never did and you challenged me first.

It's bad to call someone out on their potential to score points in the NBA.

Jimmer has TONS of hype...and a lot of it is unfounded.

Just because he can do things against MWC teams does not mean he will be able to pull it off in the NBA.

Is he better than JJ Redick, Juan Dixon, D. West, Ben Gordon, were in college?

I think not.

But he has game andhe's white so let's overrate him and call him a potential 20ppg scorer in the NBA:rolleyes:

Look at the players averaging 20ppg in the NBA and tell me that yor statement wasn't over estimation without provocation. (getting my Jesse Jackson on, lol)

Never said he will be a 20ppg player. Said he can get 15 to 20 points off the bench, not avg it. Just like Gordon, Dixon, or Redick could get 15 to 20 points any night off the bench and Jimmer is a better scorer than any of those were in college, so he could do better.

vert48
03-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Did anyone know anything about Jimmer before this season? Its like a couple after into this season his name became popular. Yet he's not a freshman. He's a senior.I live in Utah, and have seen him play a ton over the past few years. As I said earlier in the thread, he is almost shocking to watch in person. People saying that he has no first step, handles, or basketball IQ have no clue. His shot selection is exactly what his coach is asking him for, so they can't blame him for that, he is a great passer, and his step-back crossover is very effective. No other player in college, outside Brittney Griner, gets game planned like him, and he still has huge games.

KevinNYC
03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
I live in Utah, and have seen him play a ton over the past few years. As I said earlier in the thread, he is almost shocking to watch in person. People saying that he has no first step, handles, or basketball IQ have no clue. His shot selection is exactly what his coach is asking him for, so they can't blame him for that, he is a great passer, and his step-back crossover is very effective. No other player in college, outside Brittney Griner, gets game planned like him, and he still has huge games.

Obviously, highlight reel make every one look good. But what I'm noticing is, you have to guard this kid from 25 feet. Who was the last player out of college with this kind of range. Second, his lateral motion is deceptive and nice, he can go side to side and cross you over. He gets a lot distance each time he goes, so if the first crossover didn't shake you, he'll take you 4-6 feet to the other side. Third, he's got good hops on his jumper. It seems to me, on the offensive end, he will be able to create space and get his jumper off. You could see what I'm talking about when that guy screams in the video. He also get his long-range bombs off deceptively and fast. There 3-4 shots in that video, where he is just like, I'm just dribbling way out here, not going to make a move and them boom, he's shooting. When you have to go that far out on a guy, it makes you susceptible to him shifting laterally and going around you. You could see he knows how to make his defenders off the center and once they are leaning, he pounces.

How's his left hand? It looks like his dribble is fine, but I don't know how well he shoots with it. One thing that made Larry Bird so deadly, was you had to play him tight and if you did, he could go left, right or pull back. Being 6'9" helped him too.

bdreason
03-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Bench player in the NBA, at best. Mid-late 2nd round pick.

We've seen this story before, not sure why anyone would think differently.

Go Getter
03-21-2011, 05:43 PM

Never said he will be a 20ppg player. Said he can get 15 to 20 points off the bench, not avg it. Just like Gordon, Dixon, or Redick could get 15 to 20 points any night off the bench and Jimmer is a better scorer than any of those were in college, so he could do better.
Ehh, I don't agree but that's fair enough I guess.

Optimus Prime
03-21-2011, 05:44 PM
JJ Redick? :confusedshrug:

Reverend Hoops
03-21-2011, 05:46 PM
JJ Redick? :confusedshrug:

How soon we forget. JJ Redick was a better scorer than Fredette in college.

Birmingham1955
03-21-2011, 05:58 PM

JJ is also taller 6'4 Jimmer is 6'2. I dont think he can get a shot off against NBA defenders. He could be a spot up sshooter though.

Birmingham1955
03-21-2011, 05:59 PM

Jimmer was not better than Ben Gordon in college. Get that bullshit out. Gordon was the 2nd option on a championship UCONN team. you put Gordon with a bunch of white boys he averages 30 points also

KevinNYC
03-21-2011, 06:10 PM

How so?

Jimmer is averaging two points more a game than Redick's best year. Other than Freshman year, Jimmer's average was higher every year.

KB2clutch
03-21-2011, 06:26 PM
you need to watch the way they score tho, jj was a catch and shoot player playing off the ball, while jimmer creates his own shot off the dribble which is much more difficult, plus teams game plans are much more focused on stopping jimmer than they were for jj

Jasper
03-21-2011, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJnS88rQSKI

Eddie House? Ben Gordon? Curry? Better? There are people talking him up as a #1 pick and people saying he should go undrafted. I dont think ive ever seen this big a difference in where the supporters and haters of a player have him ranked.

Say your team has the...9th pick.

Too early for him?
As a college player I'd like to see more control out of his play. I see to many times as a PG , the desire to be option #1 on the offensive side , and if a player thinks he has all the cred - he should be option #1 on defense - playing the opponents toughest cover.

Jimmer - doesn't look like a 6'2" player , but his outside shot has lift.
When he goes to the rake , I see him as only average and in the NBA you better be bringing a dunk to your game , otherwise your layup is going to get blocked.
He forces to many shots because of that shot first mentality.
I could be wrong and he may change his ways in the NBA - if he does , he will have a career.
If he doesn't - his a$$ will be on the pine for majority of minutes and will be looked upon as a backup for life.
IF he hones on the pass first , shoot as 3rd or 4th option he could be the next Price.
His weakness as Price , but much worse his defense.
I see him getting toasted by quick guards night in and night out (think of Hurley)
He is a smart player , and might play angled defense to help his foot work and not get burned off the dribble.
CP3 , Brook, Curry , D-Will , Harris , Rose will torch him.
Middle first rounder /
If he plays to his strengths - I'd lov to see the Bucks grab him.
(Then package Jennings and IIlasova) in a trade.

Shepseskaf
03-21-2011, 07:15 PM
The kid has range, I'll give him that -- but his whole mindset will have to change from being 'the man' to coming off the bench. There is no way that he'll be able to get a shot off while being closely defended. Defensively, he'll just get abused.

He won't be a star, much less a super-star in the league, but if he applies himself -- like Reddick -- he may carve out a niche as a Kyle Korver-type shooter.

KevinNYC
03-21-2011, 07:22 PM
The kid has range, I'll give him that -- but his whole mindset will have to change from being 'the man' to coming off the bench. There is no way that he'll be able to get a shot off while being closely defended. Defensively, he'll just get abused.

He won't be a star, much less a super-star in the league, but if he applies himself -- like Reddick -- he may carve out a niche as a Kyle Korver-type shooter.

I think he iis projected to go around pick 15 right now. I think he will be able to get his shots off, it's defensively that will be the issue. The reason I think he'll be able to get his shots off is his range, he will have to be guarded way out.

He will be better suited to play on a team with a good shot blocker.

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't really feel like Jimmer will be a great NBA player, but he will be a solid one. I think he is a little underrated purely because of his skin color.

wang4three
03-21-2011, 08:01 PM
you need to watch the way they score tho, jj was a catch and shoot player playing off the ball, while jimmer creates his own shot off the dribble which is much more difficult, plus teams game plans are much more focused on stopping jimmer than they were for jj

What was Gordon better at than Jimmer? Outside of a more consistent floater, Jimmer can pretty much do anything Gordon does/did but has better range and consistency.

You can say put Ben on BYU and he'd do well, but I can counter by saying you give Jimmer a dominant big like Emeka and you'd have a guy who'd get to play one on one more often and even more scoring opportunities than he currently gets.

Go Getter
03-21-2011, 08:08 PM
How so?

Jimmer is averaging two points more a game than Redick's best year. Other than Freshman year, Jimmer's average was higher every year.
Jimmer plays in the MWC....JJ played in the ACC.

BYU plays Montana and Utah State on a regular basis.

IGOTGAME
03-21-2011, 08:09 PM
What was Gordon better at than Jimmer? Outside of a more consistent floater, Jimmer can pretty much do anything Gordon does/did but has better range and consistency.

You can say put Ben on BYU and he'd do well, but I can counter by saying you give Jimmer a dominant big like Emeka and you'd have a guy who'd get to play one on one more often and even more scoring opportunities than he currently gets.

quicker?
more bounce?
better handle?
better finish with contact?

Go Getter
03-21-2011, 08:10 PM

Stop it. BG can finish like someone much taller and has more lift and a better ability to get his shot off.

Remember when he crossed the dog shit outta Wade?

KB2clutch
03-21-2011, 08:23 PM

theres nothing gordon is better than jimmer at... except maybe throwing down the occasional unexpected dunk. Jimmer is the best white prospect to come to the nba for a long time

Big League
03-21-2011, 08:45 PM
I think he iis projected to go around pick 15 right now. I think he will be able to get his shots off, it's defensively that will be the issue. The reason I think he'll be able to get his shots off is his range, he will have to be guarded way out.

He will be better suited to play on a team with a good shot blocker.
I agree with all that, but the thing is there are many players getting major minutes in the NBA who are not good defenders. I think Fredette will get more playing time than Redick.

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Steve Kerr

Big League
03-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Steve Kerr
Fredette is better than Kerr because he can create his own shot.

Kblaze8855
03-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Any new opinions on him? I got to see like...10 minutes of the game. Didnt really get a read. Box score wasnt great but....that doesnt always say much.

STATUTORY
03-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Any new opinions on him? I got to see like...10 minutes of the game. Didnt really get a read. Box score wasnt great but....that doesnt always say much.

just cuz he's white doesn't mean he's got great IQ. chucks up shots like he's JR Smith.

Obvious bad tendencies and shot selections that coaches at BYU let him get away with. If he wants to play on the next level he will need to dial his game back to spot up shooting

xcesswee
03-24-2011, 11:52 PM

Near the end of the game, it looked like he was trying to do everything by himself. A lot of holding the ball, breaking down the opponent. He stopped the ball a ton when it got to him. He shot a lot of unadvised threes with a man all over him. It seemed like he was either fatigued or didn't have the confidence he usually has.

lebob23
03-25-2011, 12:29 AM
he was good he didnt choke , but he did not deliver and now the nba will reject him, little white shooters dont belong in the black mans league, learn to pass and play like j-will and then maybe

OKCThunderUP
03-25-2011, 12:31 AM
he was good he didnt choke , but he did not deliver and now the nba will reject him, little white shooters dont belong in the black mans league, learn to pass and play like j-will and then maybe

Wow.

RecSpecs110
03-25-2011, 12:54 AM
I just watched him chuck contested 3 after 3 after 3 and miss like 90% of them. He's the reason they lost. He's horrible and just another puppet for BSPN to hype up.

If he tries that sh*t in the NBA, his ass will be benched within the first 5 minutes of his rookie debut for the entire season.

At least Redick played within a system and shot 3's from inside-out offense. But this guy literally takes the ball in the half-court, dribbles to the 3 point line, and chucks a 3.

I don't care about his teammates' offensive abilities/inabilities, he plays like a moron. And any idiot would know for sure that the coach didn't draw up those "plays."

Big League
03-25-2011, 12:56 AM
I just watched him chuck contested 3 after 3 after 3 and miss like 90% of them. He's the reason they lost. He's horrible and just another puppet for BSPN to hype up.

If he tries that sh*t in the NBA, his ass will be benched within the first 5 minutes of his rookie debut for the entire season.

At least Redick played within a system and shot 3's from inside-out offense. But this guy literally takes the ball in the half-court, dribbles to the 3 point line, and chucks a 3.

I don't care about his teammates' offensive abilities/inabilities, he's plays like a moron. And any idiot would know for sure that the coach didn't draw up those "plays."
The white Vernon Maxwell?

RoseCity07
03-25-2011, 01:30 AM
LOL I was just sitting on my couch thinking about that BYU game and how many shots he took. Then I thought of Eddie House of all players. I think that Jimmer guy is exactly like House. Instant offense if he is on, but not much else if he isn't.

Good comparison, I agree.

KB2clutch
03-25-2011, 01:33 AM
LOL I was just sitting on my couch thinking about that BYU game and how many shots he took. Then I thought of Eddie House of all players. I think that Jimmer guy is exactly like House. Instant offense if he is on, but not much else if he isn't.

Good comparison, I agree.
not even close, jimmer is miles better than house. Even shooting which is house's forte, jimmer is much better at, than consider attacking the basket, creating your own shot, and playmaking and its not even close

RoseCity07
03-25-2011, 01:41 AM
not even close, jimmer is miles better than house. Even shooting which is house's forte, jimmer is much better at, than consider attacking the basket, creating your own shot, and playmaking and its not even close

Really, because he didn't create a damn thing but multiple bricks to end that game. His lay ups around the hoop were very weak and would easily be defended in the NBA. I like the kid, but Eddie House could run circles around this guy.

I want to see him do his chucking in the NBA. My god he took 30 shots tonight, and never got a good rhythm from it.

InspiredLebowski
03-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Name a BYU player not named Jimmer (or the Davies kid you only know because he boned his girl). Now you know why he chucks.

RoseCity07
03-25-2011, 01:53 AM
Name a BYU player not named Jimmer (or the Davies kid you only know because he boned his girl). Now you know why he chucks.

Exactly, I can't. Do you think that being able to have the absolute freedom to shoot whenever you want doesn't play a factor in his confidence? In the NBA, he's be benched for the garbage shots he takes sometimes.

He's not going to get to take 10 shots a quarter to find out if he can get his shot going.

InspiredLebowski
03-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Exactly, I can't. Do you think that being able to have the absolute freedom to shoot whenever you want doesn't play a factor in his confidence? In the NBA, he's be benched for the garbage shots he takes sometimes.

He's not going to get to take 10 shots a quarter to find out if he can get his shot going.I'm not defending him for chucking up 28 footers 5 seconds into the shotclock, that's just downright dumb. But I don't think his confidence is at all tied to how bright a green light he gets. He would and should get benched for stuff like that, but I just don't think he'll do it in the NBA. He didn't shoot over 45% every year as a major contributor in college by accident, his range just legitimately extends that far.

I don't think he's going to be an NBA starter and he's pretty close to the textbook example of a guy needing to go to a team/system that fits him. He goes to a place like Golden State or New York he's Vinnie Johnson, 15ish points a night in 20 or so minutes at his peak, he goes anywhere that's not built on transition offense he's going to really, really struggle.

People should be questioning his defense, specifically his effort, WAY more than his shot selection.

Patrick Chewing
03-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Utah will grab him

In seriousness, his moves are a little reminiscent of D-Will

InspiredLebowski
03-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Utah will grab him

In seriousness, his moves are a little reminiscent of D-WillUtah absolutely should grab him. They have 2 lotto picks, he's worthy of drafting that high, and then the financial perks are out of this world. Frankly if he went anywhere BUT Utah I'd be amazed.

IGOTGAME
03-25-2011, 02:49 AM
Utah will grab him

In seriousness, his moves are a little reminiscent of D-Will

DWill is somewhere shaking his head...

just an absurd comment. Jimmer doesnt have a quarter of the handle of Dwill

RoseCity07
03-25-2011, 03:04 AM
I'm not defending him for chucking up 28 footers 5 seconds into the shotclock, that's just downright dumb. But I don't think his confidence is at all tied to how bright a green light he gets. He would and should get benched for stuff like that, but I just don't think he'll do it in the NBA. He didn't shoot over 45% every year as a major contributor in college by accident, his range just legitimately extends that far.

I don't think he's going to be an NBA starter and he's pretty close to the textbook example of a guy needing to go to a team/system that fits him. He goes to a place like Golden State or New York he's Vinnie Johnson, 15ish points a night in 20 or so minutes at his peak, he goes anywhere that's not built on transition offense he's going to really, really struggle.

People should be questioning his defense, specifically his effort, WAY more than his shot selection.

Yeah, I noticed that he didn't carry his own weight on the defensive end last night. He was even pouting because his shot wasn't falling.

IGOTGAME
03-25-2011, 03:09 AM
Utah absolutely should grab him. They have 2 lotto picks, he's worthy of drafting that high, and then the financial perks are out of this world. Frankly if he went anywhere BUT Utah I'd be amazed.

If Utah'd objective is solely winning games then they should not draft Jimmer.

InspiredLebowski
03-25-2011, 03:26 AM
If Utah'd objective is solely winning games then they should not draft Jimmer.There's not one professional sports team who has a singular objective of "winning games." Priority one is ALWAYS make money.

IGOTGAME
03-25-2011, 03:33 AM
There's not one professional sports team who has a singular objective of "winning games." Priority one is ALWAYS make money.

didn't say there was...Just saying that picking Jimmer would not be in line with that objective. He isnt going to be a good player on a good team. I would stay very far away from him if I was in the lottery.

-doesnt play defense
-doesnt have a good handle
-bad shot selection
-lacks pg skills
-below average passer for pg position

don't see what he brings to the table as a starter.

InspiredLebowski
03-25-2011, 03:46 AM
didn't say there was...Just saying that picking Jimmer would not be in line with that objective. He isnt going to be a good player on a good team. I would stay very far away from him if I was in the lottery.

-doesnt play defense
-doesnt have a good handle
-bad shot selection
-lacks pg skills
-below average passer for pg position

don't see what he brings to the table as a starter.People need to get off this notion that a guy being a lotto pick, especially late lotto like he'll be, should equate to being a start that contributes in a major way. Run down all the 11-14 or so picks of the last handful of years.

He's instant offense off the bench, right now and for the rest of his career. That's it. If you can get a guy that'll give you 15 a night in 20 or so minutes that's not worth a lotto pick? Then the mitigating factors of him being at BYU, him being Mormon, small markets need to balance appealing to their fanbase with making solid on court contributions. Fredette is all of that. I guarantee you the Bobcats wish they'd drafted Hansbrough, it's the same deal.

NuggetsFan
03-25-2011, 03:52 AM
Didn't see the game but 15 3's? :lol woah.

IGOTGAME
03-25-2011, 03:53 AM
People need to get off this notion that a guy being a lotto pick, especially late lotto like he'll be, should equate to being a start that contributes in a major way. Run down all the 11-14 or so picks of the last handful of years.

He's instant offense off the bench, right now and for the rest of his career. That's it. If you can get a guy that'll give you 15 a night in 20 or so minutes that's not worth a lotto pick? Then the mitigating factors of him being at BYU, him being Mormon, small markets need to balance appealing to their fanbase with making solid on court contributions. Fredette is all of that. I guarantee you the Bobcats wish they'd drafted Hansbrough, it's the same deal.

I don't agree. I don't think he is going to be able to off good shots in the NBA. I don't he will play much in the league because he wont warrant shots and does nothing else on the floor well. He isn't that much better of a shooter than other guys who have come out and not done anything in the league. Unless you think he going to start pulling up from 3 feet behind the NBA 3 point line and doing step back 3 pointers than I don't see where the scoring is coming from. He is just sorely overrated right now.

In the league, Jimmer is not doing anything except wide open jumpers and one dribble pull ups...is he that much better at that stuff than Salim Stoudamire?

This is the same bs I had to deal with when JJ Reddick came out... I don't think he projects to even be as good as a healthy Dejuan Wagner. People are talking like this guy is gonna a damn all star?

Also, why is it cool and humorous when Jimmer takes horrible shots? When JR takes the same shots people go at him? I wonder what kind of treatment JR would have gotten in college(too bad he is dumb)....

gmoney9
03-25-2011, 11:14 AM
lol, its funny that everyone has him going to Utah basically a guaranteed if available

Go Getter
03-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Utah would really **** up their franchise, they already ****ed up when drafting R. Arujo or whatever....Jimmer has a college game not an NBA one.

Florida exposed him a bit, I wish they would have played UCONN.

kumquat
03-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Adam Morrison looked better than him in college. Busssssst.

El Kabong
03-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Utah would really **** up their franchise, they already ****ed up when drafting R. Arujo or whatever....Jimmer has a college game not an NBA one.

Toronto drafted Arujo. Jazz traded Kris Humphries for him who wasn't that great at the time.

I imagine Utah will pick him with their second 1st rounder if he's still available. He can come off the bench behind Harris and CJ Miles.

Nastradamus
03-25-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't agree. I don't think he is going to be able to off good shots in the NBA. I don't he will play much in the league because he wont warrant shots and does nothing else on the floor well. He isn't that much better of a shooter than other guys who have come out and not done anything in the league. Unless you think he going to start pulling up from 3 feet behind the NBA 3 point line and doing step back 3 pointers than I don't see where the scoring is coming from. He is just sorely overrated right now.

In the league, Jimmer is not doing anything except wide open jumpers and one dribble pull ups...is he that much better at that stuff than Salim Stoudamire?

This is the same bs I had to deal with when JJ Reddick came out... I don't think he projects to even be as good as a healthy Dejuan Wagner. People are talking like this guy is gonna a damn all star?

Also, why is it cool and humorous when Jimmer takes horrible shots? When JR takes the same shots people go at him? I wonder what kind of treatment JR would have gotten in college(too bad he is dumb)....

He's much better than Salim Stoudamire IMO. He's stronger and has better footwork, both of which will help him get his shot off.

Nastradamus
03-25-2011, 12:48 PM

Florida exposed everyone else. Jimmer scored 30/44 at one points for BYU and carried an undermanned BYU team to OT against a very good Florida team with a lot of NBA length and athleticism.

Ben Gordon, i'm sticking with that comparison personally.

El Kabong
03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Florida exposed everyone else. Jimmer scored 30/44 at one points for BYU and carried an undermanned BYU team to OT against a very good Florida team with a lot of NBA length and athleticism.

Ben Gordon, i'm sticking with that comparison personally.
I'd be happy enough with a Ben Gordon type. If the Jazz are going to to give the starting SG job to CJ Miles then they need a guy off the bench who can score.

jjayfive
03-25-2011, 01:07 PM
energy offense bench guy.. the guy has horrible shot selection.. if he has good vision and set others up, he will be a poor mans nash...

macpierce
03-25-2011, 02:24 PM
watched the game last night, when he takes those long range shots and misses them, he looks like a dumbass seriously.........2nd round pick and bench player for sure

FindingTim
03-25-2011, 02:30 PM
I hadn't actually watched him til recently
All I ever heard about was his 3pt range, but his handles aint bad either--

but will they be effective against 6'6 athletic freaks at the 2? I guess that's the question.
As for being a ballhog, isn't he the only capable scorer on BYU?

Loneshot
03-25-2011, 02:48 PM
I hadn't actually watched him til recently
All I ever heard about was his 3pt range, but his handles aint bad either--

but will they be effective against 6'6 athletic freaks at the 2? I guess that's the question.
As for being a ballhog, isn't he the only capable scorer on BYU?

No way it will. He's strong himself, but that was against skinny college kids. Jimmer has a lot of decent attributes that look alright coming out of college, but none of it really says much about what he can do in the NBA. If he becomes a good 6th man at the least i will be surprised.

imdaman99
03-25-2011, 02:54 PM
he has some crossovers too, granted they are not iverson type crossovers that are gonna break some ankles, but he can get his shots off. he has reddick range (obviously it hasnt translated well in the nba) and better handles than him. he has a little strength to him.

you have to realize how often florida doubled him because who else was going to make a shot for BYU? unfortunately for us, florida has enough athletes. BYU was missing their big man last night and it showed. both forwards for florida had really good games, that was the difference. it wasnt jimmer's shot selection, he just ran out of steam and was realizing those were going to be the cleanest looks he was going to get (30 footers).

Go Getter
03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
he has some crossovers too, granted they are not iverson type crossovers that are gonna break some ankles, but he can get his shots off. he has reddick range (obviously it hasnt translated well in the nba) and better handles than him. he has a little strength to him.

you have to realize how often florida doubled him because who else was going to make a shot for BYU? unfortunately for us, florida has enough athletes. BYU was missing their big man last night and it showed. both forwards for florida had really good games, that was the difference. it wasnt jimmer's shot selection, he just ran out of steam and was realizing those were going to be the cleanest looks he was going to get (30 footers).

Excuses , excuses.....Jimmer shot the same terrible shots he always shoots but they didn't fall.

Maybe if he passed more and didn't stop the natural flow of the offense his teammates could have helped more.

Kblaze8855
06-23-2011, 08:30 PM
So....he went 10th.

lostsvjymajnp
08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
?????? ??????? (http://www.scooparticle.com/Art/223556/36/Online-Educational-Games.html)
very nice - thanks :)

????? ????? (http://misterarticle.com/Art/177145/36/The-important-thing-success-of-the-actual-racing-games-online.html) | ?????? ?????? (http://www.articleshmarticle.com/Art/789786/331/Games-SpongeBob-SquarePants-Bikini-Bottom-for-your-games.html) | ?????? ???? (http://www.referralcamp.com/articles/Art/125586/94/Astronaut-Game-titles-fun-video-games.html) | ?????? (http://uhmwow.com/computers/games/sport-online-games-objective-basket-with-no-stopping/)

EGarrett
01-29-2012, 02:28 PM
6'2" 2-guards with limited quickness can't contribute. Sorry.