PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for Kwame Brown and what he had to go through

ThaSwagg3r
03-23-2011, 04:03 AM
:no: :facepalm

This is why. (http://books.google.com/books?id=ZU7w5B0aQ1gC&pg=PA60&lpg=PA60&dq=flaming+[expletive]+jordan&source=bl&ots=XKPBs2oay6&sig=RAe0ECaFeO6WWu89p9HzIE3jWg4&hl=en&ei=D4dzSv7SJ5PQtgP1x_ziCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#v=onepage&q=flaming%20******%20jordan&f=false) (Pg. 60)

I hope nobody thinks Michael Jordan is a good person. He is the NBA's all-time biggest d-bag.

Here is just a preview

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5098/mjasshole.jpg (http://img696.imageshack.us/i/mjasshole.jpg/)

whoartthou
03-23-2011, 04:05 AM

This is why. (http://books.google.com/books?id=ZU7w5B0aQ1gC&pg=PA60&lpg=PA60&dq=flaming+[expletive]+jordan&source=bl&ots=XKPBs2oay6&sig=RAe0ECaFeO6WWu89p9HzIE3jWg4&hl=en&ei=D4dzSv7SJ5PQtgP1x_ziCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#v=onepage&q=flaming%20******%20jordan&f=false) (Pg. 60)

I hope nobody thinks Michael Jordan is a good person. He is the NBA's all-time biggest d-bag.

Here is just a preview

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5098/mjasshole.jpg (http://img696.imageshack.us/i/mjasshole.jpg/)
:bowdown: :applause:

jordan went hard on him

Batz
03-23-2011, 04:05 AM
What a ******.

Stat & Melo
03-23-2011, 04:35 AM
thats awesome, fukin ****** was picked with the numer 1 pick, and is playing like a *****

LilBTheBasedGod
03-23-2011, 04:36 AM
How do you know hes talking to Kwame?

hkfosho
03-23-2011, 04:36 AM
kwame deserved it.

Kblaze8855
03-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Kwame has made more than 51 million dollars when the only thing he stands out for is being one of the worst players to ever be highly thought of. But he had to be called a ****** for playing soft? Ive been called a *** for free.

Slam91
03-23-2011, 04:50 AM
Yea I mean a grown man ain't gonna cry for being called a ******, even if it's by a person he respects, he should understand that it was for a reason.

whoartthou
03-23-2011, 04:52 AM
o.p. is a kobe fan. Nothing to see here folks.

monkeypox
03-23-2011, 04:53 AM
Considering he was tortured and burned on the skin with cigarettes as he was growing up, yeah I do feel bad for him.

Micku
03-23-2011, 04:54 AM
I know! I read some of that! Jordan was like that to a lot of his teammates back in the bulls days.

I think Bird was too though.

LilBTheBasedGod
03-23-2011, 04:56 AM
o.p. is a kobe fan. Nothing to see here folks.

Oh that makes sense.

Calling somebody a phlaming *******>raping somebody

Lebron23
03-23-2011, 05:03 AM
He's mentally weak. Get that weak stuff out of here - Michael Jordan.

TonyD
03-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Aw, MJ is such a meanie! **** that, Kwame is a millionaire, I don't feel sorry for him.

QuebecBaller
03-23-2011, 06:22 AM
Yea I mean a grown man ain't gonna cry for being called a ******, even if it's by a person he respects, he should understand that it was for a reason.

Didn't Kwame was 18 years old when he was drafted? 18 is not a grown man for me

he stands out for is being one of the worst players to ever be highly thought of

thats awesome, fukin ****** was picked with the numer 1 pick, and is playing like a *****

Who decided to draft Kwame at number 1? Kwame didn't choose to be number 1. Somebody selected him

I think it was the same man who drafted Adam Morrison at number 3

NuggetsFan
03-23-2011, 06:37 AM
What's more shocking is how much Jordan used the word *******. Only thing wrong with that, is the fact that he needs to find new words to use :oldlol:

DeronMillsap
03-23-2011, 06:40 AM
If Jordan was signing my million dollar checks he can call me whatever he wants.

Kwame is a weak ass *****! A f--king failure too.

iamgine
03-23-2011, 06:46 AM

Here is just a preview

It's no secret that Jordan was not a kind person. There are a lot of weaknesses in his character which ironically was what molded him into such a great player. I always said that with the wrong kind of supports, he'd not win anything. I think he was very lucky he teamed up with Pippen and Phil (and vice versa).

jlip
03-23-2011, 07:28 AM

^This^

If those were the words used by MJ on an 18 who was just at his prom and living at home with his parents a few months prior, then words like that could potentially be very devastating regardless to the size of Kwame's contract. Kwame's career really hadn't gotten started, yet and he was still developing. I mean, he was still a kid and wasn't old enough to even drink. He had probably just gone from a learner's permit to a legal driver's license. Could you imagine being 18 and introduced to the NBA with those types of words from an icon as powerful as MJ whom you probably idolized?

nbacardDOTnet
03-23-2011, 07:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13ldVLpSzss

Ikill
03-23-2011, 07:37 AM
^This^

If those were the words used by MJ on an 18 who was just at his prom and living at home with his parents a few months prior, then words like that could potentially be very devastating regardless to the size of Kwame's contract. Kwame's career really hadn't gotten started, yet and he was still developing. I mean, he was still a kid and wasn't old enough to even drink. He had probably just gone from a learner's permit to a legal driver's license. Could you imagine being 18 and introduced to the NBA with those types of words from an icon as powerful as MJ whom you probably idolized?
I feel bad for Kwame half the reason he turned out so bad is because he lost all of his confidence.

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-23-2011, 08:02 AM
This is why I respect Michael Beasley so much. Only God knows what kind of insult Wade used to attack or to get Beasley motivated, than trading him for two second round draft picks to top it off as well.

This is no excuse for Brown. And I remembering reading how Kwame told MJ if he drafted him he wouldn't regret it.:oldlol:

Harison
03-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Noah quote (about you know who): "I dont like him. He is such are meanie! Where is the love?"

Thats the current NBA right there :oldlol:

Harison
03-23-2011, 08:12 AM
I feel bad for Kwame half the reason he turned out so bad is because he lost all of his confidence.
In such a case NBA isnt the place for him, or any sport for that matter. How did he survived in his backyard even? :oldlol: Trashtalking is part of the game, so is criticism, especially deserved one.

DeronMillsap
03-23-2011, 08:17 AM
^This^

This is why American kids are f--king spoiled. Living with their parents until they're 18. There are billions of kids all over the world who are on their own by the age of 15 or 16.

I've personally seen 13 year olds working the rice fields with oxen in Southeast.

I feel bad for those kids and the kids who worked for Nike sweatshops. Not Kwame Brown, who's probably still living off his #1 pick millions.

Dawk
03-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Why is this news now? It wasn't about 8 years ago so why should it be now?

HylianNightmare
03-23-2011, 09:03 AM
isn't kwame richer than hell?

i don't feel bad for the guy at all, getting payed to play pro ball

gilalizard
03-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Jordan was a great player. But that doesn't mean he knows jackshit about how to build or run a team.

He can be the greatest player ever, and still be shite as a gm or coach.

Nick Young
03-23-2011, 09:29 AM
have empathy guys, Kwame was abused physically and mentally growing up, he was only 18 and then he is practicing and the man many call the greatest player of all time, a man Kwame probably grew up worshipping in his childhood, the hero who probably inspired Kwame to play basketball comes up and treats him just like his dad used to. Jordan probably killed his spirit right there.

DStebb716
03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Michael Jordan is such a piece of shit prick. Hey kids, go be like Mike. Ya know, being a homophobic piece of shit and whatnot.

Ikill
03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
In such a case NBA isnt the place for him, or any sport for that matter. How did he survived in his backyard even? :oldlol: Trashtalking is part of the game, so is criticism, especially deserved one.
he was 18 just finished high school and greatest player of all time was telling him he sucked so yeah

PurpleChuck
03-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Michael Jordan is such a piece of shit prick. Hey kids, go be like Mike. Ya know, being a homophobic piece of shit and whatnot.
lol Knicks fan still hurting after so many years.:roll:

Ewing sent you?:oldlol:

rodman91
03-23-2011, 09:55 AM
You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs :oldlol:

artificial
03-23-2011, 10:10 AM
So you feel sorry for a former #1 pick, who is getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to do something most of us would do for free? Just because he got called by a living legend a f_ggot?

Damn, if you feel sorry about that, you must have a lot of sorrow in you. Only in today's NBA there should be about 9743467 stories more tragic than this one.

Calabis
03-23-2011, 11:25 AM
:bowdown: :applause:

jordan went hard on him

Well after scrolling up and reading most of the story, I can see why Jordan did what he did(not agreeing with the context he used). He took him under his wing and thought he could mold him into a superstar. After this teammates and Jordan began noticing poor practice habits, even mentions him not working on his game, but instead playing video games....seems like Jordan tried, and finally lost it, when Kwame was crying about fouls in the scrimmage

DuMa
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
i see nothing wrong with that. michael jordan isnt there to be friends with kwame.

macpierce
03-23-2011, 12:35 PM
true, but you dont need to call someone a "******", thats just crossing the line plane and simple

Premeditated
03-23-2011, 12:47 PM
WOW....I am just flabbergasted by the responses in this thread. Are you guys serious right now or are you all being sarcastic? How does Jordan sh1t taste like because you'll all so far up his ass its disgusting.

If this was any other player and owner, you bastards would all be b1tching out "verbal assault". This has got to be the most pathetic display of staning from you corny individuals. So its okay for a general manager(at the time) to call 18 year old players derogatory names? Its Jordans own fault for drafting Kwame in the first place. He saw how Kwame played in HS and he decided to draft him as 1st pick. Blame the FAKKIT MJ for not recognizing talent. If this was Lebron or Derrick Rose (:lol ) cussing out his teammates while insulting them to play hard, this thread would be 50 pages of negative replies.

You guys need to find your own identity because you're all still living your life through a known D-bag.:facepalm

Disaprine
03-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Jordan :pimp:

Premeditated
03-23-2011, 01:02 PM
this is a spinoff from http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214703

This POS MJ was so negative towards his player its not even funny. You don't talk to an 18 year old who was mentally and physically abuse most of his life like that. Calling him every word in the "sellout" dictionary is not to going to raise his self esteem. It's your fault for drafting him MJ. Maybe this will teach you to be a better judge of talent. You have failed as team president and things aren't going so well being a owner is it?

iamgine
03-23-2011, 01:04 PM
It was not the reason Kwame sucks but MJ definitely had character problems.

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-23-2011, 01:05 PM
http://theurbantwist.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/08242010-kwame-brown-jordan.jpg

"If you draft me, you'll never regret it."

Kwame said this^^^

get these NETS
03-23-2011, 01:07 PM
copout

I wasn't even tall or good enough to start for my high school team..and not even a real b ball player BUT I've heard much worse just being at a park playing pickup games.

NBA is a man's league...if you're scared.....go play D-1 and develop your game.

2LeTTeRS
03-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Wait are you serious? As a Bobcats fan I actually like Kwame, but to blame MJ for Kwame never developing is seriously reaching. I don't care if your 18 or 98, if you enter a grown man's world, expect to be treated like a grown man.

Kwame problem was that he wasn't mentally prepared for the leap to the pro's and he dominnated high school ball based on being the biggest, strongest, most athletic player on the court. Once he started playing against competitiors who were nearly as big, strong, and athletic as he was he couldn't adapt his game to make himself stand out.

Premeditated
03-23-2011, 01:10 PM
I think it translated to his game. Every time we see him on the court, he looks so depress like "boy, where has the years gone?"

it was only when he was playing under Kobe he had his best years. Kobe brought out the best of him but unfortunately (fortunately for us) he got traded.

AlphaWolf24
03-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Kwame should have picked up MJ and slammed him on his head like that kid in the "Bully Video"

oh well hindsight 20/20

Premeditated
03-23-2011, 01:14 PM
great job mods.

ones again, you mods are proving your bias ways and dictatorship ruling in all the of internet.

steve
03-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Well, Jordan going out of his way to emasculate Brown every chance he got is certainly part of Brown's issue. Kwame Brown also wasn't wired to be the number one pick in the draft, he's just not a limelight kind of player. He also wasn't a number one pick talent, if he's spent a year in college this would've been apparent. His biggest issue was that he has terrible hands. Even if they weren't as small as they were relative to his size, he still has trouble catching everything. Even if the Wizards had a guard who could deliver a proper pass (you know, instead of Jordan just winging balls at his head once he figured out he had terrible hands), this still would've been a problem. So it was really a combination of things that turned him into one of the biggest disappoints of his generation, when really he shouldn't have even been in the position to be a disappoint.

Dwade305
03-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Kwame has made more than 51 million dollars when the only thing he stands out for is being one of the worst players to ever be highly thought of. But he had to be called a ****** for playing soft? Ive been called a *** for free.
:lol

For_Three
03-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Clearly Jordan had some type of bet that had to do with Kwame. We all know he has huge gambling problems.

He was probably just really upset that he lost.

2LeTTeRS
03-23-2011, 01:18 PM
I think it translated to his game. Every time we see him on the court, he looks so depress like "boy, where has the years gone?"

it was only when he was playing under Kobe he had his best years. Kobe brought out the best of him but unfortunately (fortunately for us) he got traded.

Oh so now your real motive comes out.......

And Kwame is plying as good or better now in Charlotte (with MJ) than he ever has in his career.

gilalizard
03-23-2011, 01:22 PM
http://theurbantwist.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/08242010-kwame-brown-jordan.jpg

Kwame said this^^^

The guy was 18 years-old when he said it. You ever heard teenagers talk? Most don't know their asses from a hole in the ground, yet think/act like they know every secret of the universe.

cteach111
03-23-2011, 01:25 PM
well, if ya can't take the heat, then maybe ya can't handle competitive sports.

Trash talk can get real nasty on the court or in most sports really.

However, the Washington situation was a weird one.. i'll admit that.

olddangerfield
03-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Jordan :pimp:
where do you get your avatars? You've had some really cool avatars..

ihatetimthomas
03-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh so now your real motive comes out.......

And Kwame is plying as good or better now in Charlotte (with MJ) than he ever has in his career.

Probably because he is finally out of the spotlight and can just focus on playing basketball. No more #1 bust hangin over him as it was earlier in his career and no more flashing lights of having to replace Shaq.

KevinNYC
03-23-2011, 01:44 PM
It was not the reason Kwame sucks but MJ definitely had character problems.

Right, this isn't leadership on Jordan's part. It's abuse.

You can call someone out and criticize them, but you don't have to be a bully or a dick about it. Would you want to work with, play with, play for a guy who treated you that way. Even if he is the GOAT.

Disaprine
03-23-2011, 01:48 PM
where do you get your avatars? You've had some really cool avatars..
i have a great picture collection of all kinds of stuff (basketball, comics etc.) it took me years to gather all of them.

olddangerfield
03-23-2011, 01:51 PM
i have a great picture collection of all kinds of stuff (basketball, comics etc.) it took me years to gather all of them.

Yea you've got some nice comic art pictures. I didn't think you randomly found them on google pictures or something.

KB2clutch
03-23-2011, 01:54 PM
jordans always scared of potential players that could surpass his legacy, so thats why he started early with kwame, look how he always subtley insults lebron and kobe, its cuz hes scared that hes gonna become irrelevant when these guys retire

Rake2204
10-15-2013, 12:39 PM
http://www.dotandcom.com/kwame_animated.gif

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/733954/mj-facepalm-wizards.gif

chips93
10-15-2013, 12:55 PM
i used to play basketball at an underage level for a club, and some of us got to play with the senior team. i was usually a sg, but i was too small to play sg on the senior level, so i had to play pg. my handles werent that great, and there was this asshole on the senior team who used to hound us younger guys, myself in particular, especially when i would turn the ball over, or take too long to get into a set. i hated this dude, and tbh i would dread the sight of him walking into the gym he was just a bully, but the point is, after those trainings, after having been roared at and embarrassed, i used to spend hours practicing my dribbling, and while i never got great, his bullying made me a much harder worker, and a better player, not that i would ever thank him for it.

so while i agree mj is probably an asshole, in some cases, if getting better at basketball is your only goal, then his attitude isnt necessarily a bad one (although in kwame's case, it did seem like a bad angle to take).

ralph_i_el
10-15-2013, 01:40 PM
For what they were paying Kwame, MJ could punch me in the stomach and spit on me every damn day

Rooster
10-15-2013, 05:01 PM

Who decided to draft Kwame at number 1? Kwame didn't choose to be number 1. Somebody selected him

I think it was the same man who drafted Adam Morrison at number 3

Jordan just don't have that eye for a talent. Remember he wanted Krause to draft Joe Wolf but Krause drafted Horace Grant instead.

As far as Kwame, tough love was not gonna work for him because he was mentally fragile to begin with.

CelticBaller
10-15-2013, 05:05 PM
the guy has earned millions and you feel bad for him because somebody called him a ******?

:biggums:

dr.hee
10-15-2013, 05:30 PM
the guy has earned millions and you feel bad for him because somebody called him a ******?

:biggums:

This. I wanna get paid for being insulted while playing 1 on 1 against Michael Jordan, too.

S13M
10-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Off-topic, but how was Kwame viewed as a player in his draft year? Was he a can't-miss-prospect a la LeBron or a surprise number 1 pick in a draft that lacked the consensus best player?

Rake2204
10-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Off-topic, but how was Kwame viewed as a player in his draft year? Was he a can't-miss-prospect a la LeBron or a surprise number 1 pick in a draft that lacked the consensus best player?He definitely wasn't a can't-miss like LeBron. LeBron was sort of on his own in that regard, with his high school game highlights showing up nightly on Sportscenter and whatnot.

There were a couple of draft fads peeking through around that time. One of them was drafting no-name Europeans because everyone assumed they'd turn out like Peja Stojakovic and Dirk Nowitzki (hence, Nikoloz Tskitishvili). The other fad coming through was drafting young spry high school prospects even if they were really wet behind the ears, assuming it'll take some time but they'll end up like Kevin Garnett or Jermaine O'Neal.

I think that was the case with Kwame. People saw a bouncy, athletic, near seven footer and assumed he'd follow in the footsteps of an O'Neal or Garnett. Of course, that would not end up being so. Still, here's an early clip with a commentator throwing out the comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsX5IrEmRk

OhNoTimNoSho
10-16-2013, 09:19 AM
If you read the bottom of page 59 it seems like Kwame deserved every bit of it.

Jordan at first welcomed Kwame and tried to befriend him but Kwame was a cocky disrespectful prick. Kwame kept annoying Jordan to play him one on one day after day acting like he was going to beat him. He was sure that since he was bigger and younger Jordan couldn't guard him. He was shoving jordan too when they started play and talking shit. Saying you reach I teach and thats when Jordan snapped and made him his bitch. You just don't come at a legend like that.

I'm with Jordan on this one, sounds to me like Kwame was the typical little cocky punk bitch that this generation seems to be making and Jordan checked him, old school style.

Calling him a f*g for being a little crybaby bitch asking for fouls in practice is I guess offensive to gay people and a bit rough, but sounds to me like Kwame was as bitch made as they get and Jordan is old school as shit. Crying and saying how he felt all alone.... wtf... That is some gay shit if I done ever heard of. That shit is just pathetic. Dude didn't have an ounce of warrior in him.

Even Doug Collins seems like he thought Kwame was a bitch, and Collins is an OG.

Kwame is your usual entitled underachieving bitch just like Dwight Howard, he just doesnt have the athleticism to put up his numbers.

Soundwave
10-16-2013, 10:05 AM
If you can't handle being called some bad names -- pro basketball isn't for you. It's a man's league where you are paid millions of dollars to perform, if you can't take it, go home to mommy for encouragement.

Kwame was lackluster with his attitude from the get go too, he had all the tools, but no desire. MJ was just trying to toughen him up -- you think his NBA opponents were going to coddle him and not talk any trash? Reality check.