PDA

View Full Version : Seriously whats with all the Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls hate?

All Net
03-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Where has it come from? whats the point? Rose has had a great season in leading this young Bulls team to freaking top seed in the east.

Who saw that coming? at just 22 years old, Rose has improved his game each year and has that great drive to get better. He is so humble, hasn't said a bad word about anybody. Hasn't made any attention whore statements like certain players in Miami or been in trouble with the law.

Why the hate? just because he will win MVP? get a life people. Bulls have gone from a low seed to 1st seed in one season thanks to Rose, adding good players like Boozer, Brewer, Korver, coach thibs. Deng having a great season, Noah e.t.c

Why wouldn't he get MVP? afterall there are 3 all-stars in Miami and they are what, 4 games back? why should one of them get the award? why should Dwight when his team is a 4th seed? why should Kobe when this team has been poor overall before taking over since the ASB.

Nobody deserved it more than Rose, there is no reason to hate this kid at all. You better all get used to him and the Bulls as they are going to be contenders for a long ass time.

Rose
03-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Because they're all like...

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liok5dVxC41qco42po1_250.gif

Mr Clutch Melo
03-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Sucsess brings haters

ThickassGlasses
03-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Because of the over-hype??

IDK just a thought. :confusedshrug:

All Net
03-26-2011, 04:37 PM

What overhype? where? Rose is given credit for basically getting an 8th seed to 1st seed and 60+ wins in a year? why shouldn't he get hyped for that?

ReturnofJPR
03-26-2011, 04:37 PM

overhype? Best team in the East. Most Improved team. Most Improved Player. MVP. Coach of the Year. Yup, you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

ThickassGlasses
03-26-2011, 04:39 PM
He is getting as much hype from everyone as Durant did last year.

Look how many Durant haters there are as well.

ThickassGlasses
03-26-2011, 04:40 PM
overhype? Best team in the East. Most Improved team. Most Improved Player. MVP. Coach of the Year. Yup, you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Did you just try to slip that in as a pro for Rose and not the Bulls as a whole?

oh the horror
03-26-2011, 04:43 PM
I honestly do not see any vast amounts of "hype" going on, and even if it was....what does that have to do with anything?

I HONESTLY believe that some people just hate success. They're negative for any reason to be negative.

Rose
Did you just try to slip that in as a pro for Rose and not the Bulls as a whole?
Thread: Seriously whats with all the Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls hate?

olddangerfield
Not to mention they've all done it the "right way". No suck1ng d1ck for superstar players (remember the "because we didn't do it for Jordan" during the decision). They've hired from within the ranks of the NBA and targeted a gem of coach in Thib, who has built a superb reputation as a defensive coach but also is a good overall teacher and motivator all around. I don't think it's coincidence that Rose is having his best offensive year under a coach thought of for his defense. They've built their team from a wide range of different sources (Noah, Rose from the draft, Boozer from free agency).
:cheers: Bulls Organization, it's well deserved.

ThickassGlasses
03-26-2011, 04:44 PM
I honestly do not see any vast amounts of "hype" going on, and even if it was....what does that have to do with anything?

I HONESTLY believe that some people just hate success. They're negative for any reason to be negative.

Have not been to NBA.com or ESPN.com or turned a tv onto ESPN??

I loved Rose up until post all star break when that's all they talk about, now it's
just like Durant of last year.

SebasMiamiFan
03-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Not to mention they've all done it the "right way". No suck1ng d1ck for superstar players (remember the "because we didn't do it for Jordan" during the decision). They've hired from within the ranks of the NBA and targeted a gem of coach in Thib, who has built a superb reputation as a defensive coach but also is a good overall teacher and motivator all around. I don't think it's coincidence that Rose is having his best offensive year under a coach thought of for his defense. They've built their team from a wide range of different sources (Noah, Rose from the draft, Boozer from free agency).
:cheers: Bulls Organization, it's well deserved.

The right way? Please..... just more whining from other fan bases.

Anyways, Bulls had a solid team before and added on to it and now Rose is having an MVP season. Success brings hater.

tommy3
03-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Because there seem to be more Rose stans these days than Kobe and Lebron stans.

SebasMiamiFan
03-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Because there seem to be more Rose stans these days than Kobe and Lebron stans.

Especially on this site. You say one bad thing about Rose and you get over 30 people on here bashing you. Seems like most of the people on here are Bull fans.

All Net
03-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Especially on this site. You say one bad thing about Rose and you get over 30 people on here bashing you. Seems like most of the people on here are Bull fans.

There are far more hating on Rose than defending him.

SebasMiamiFan
03-26-2011, 05:25 PM
There are far more hating on Rose than defending him.

I see far more people talking about how good he is.

Ikill
03-26-2011, 05:32 PM
people hate players that overachieve and get good too fast

Christofire
03-26-2011, 05:33 PM

BS the hate surrounding this humble young player is ridiculous and unwarranted....Never in my life of watching this game have i ever seem someone heckled as much as rose for having an FG% of 44 despite him being a career 47% from the field and carrying his team to the playoffs since a rookie. He says all the right things plays hard and responds for his team and has them in the number 1 spot. He's not the first 22 year old with bad shot selection after improving his shooting touch. It's a part of growing up as a player and people need to accept it and get over it. He deserves to be MVP. What this bulls team is doing with the depth issues it has and with the injuries they've endured is worth merrit and rose is the common denominator in that success. He dfines what an MVP is. can't believe people are pointing to a FG% of 44 as grounds for him to not be MVP....just plain ridiculous

All Net
03-26-2011, 05:36 PM

Only because they are responding to the morons who start hate threads about him.

Assassin
03-26-2011, 05:37 PM
I hate Rose :mad:

jk

FathosRgoodatBJ
03-26-2011, 05:38 PM
2 kinds of fans in Chicago at the moment, Derrick Rose fans and Chicago Bulls fans, some of these stans would rather have Drose win the MVP over the Bulls winning the Championship. That is why people hate on Derrrick Rose, there are only a handful of trolls on this forum that get there nuts in a bundle when Drose has a bad game etc. And it's expected that they make a new thread on how Drose sucks after a game etc

Ikill
03-26-2011, 05:39 PM
BS the hate surrounding this humble young player is ridiculous and unwarranted....Never in my life of watching this game have i ever seem someone heckled as much as rose for having an FG% of 44 despite him being a career 47% from the field and carrying his team to the playoffs since a rookie. He says all the right things plays hard and responds for his team and has them in the number 1 spot. He's not the first 22 year old with bad shot selection after improving his shooting touch. It's a part of growing up as a player and people need to accept it and get over it. He deserves to be MVP. What this bulls team is doing with the depth issues it has and with the injuries they've endured is worth merrit and rose is the common denominator in that success. He dfines what an MVP is. can't believe people are pointing to a FG% of 44 as grounds for him to not be MVP....just plain ridiculous
:applause:

Harison
03-26-2011, 05:39 PM
I like Bulls, and I like Rose, what I dont like is ******ging :oldlol: Also I doubt the "hate" is because of success, what success? They are yet to prove anything, Playoffs soon. Simply too much hyping is annoying, regardless if its Durant, Rose, Griffin, or any other player and/or team.

monkeypox
03-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Rnbizzle
03-26-2011, 08:26 PM

yes

Clocian-IGN
03-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Where has it come from? whats the point? Rose has had a great season in leading this young Bulls team to freaking top seed in the east.

Who saw that coming? at just 22 years old, Rose has improved his game each year and has that great drive to get better. He is so humble, hasn't said a bad word about anybody. Hasn't made any attention whore statements like certain players in Miami or been in trouble with the law.

Why the hate? just because he will win MVP? get a life people. Bulls have gone from a low seed to 1st seed in one season thanks to Rose, adding good players like Boozer, Brewer, Korver, coach thibs. Deng having a great season, Noah e.t.c

Why wouldn't he get MVP? afterall there are 3 all-stars in Miami and they are what, 4 games back? why should one of them get the award? why should Dwight when his team is a 4th seed? why should Kobe when this team has been poor overall before taking over since the ASB.

Nobody deserved it more than Rose, there is no reason to hate this kid at all. You better all get used to him and the Bulls as they are going to be contenders for a long ass time.

:applause:. there is still hope for ISH....

hkfosho
03-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I like Bulls, and I like Rose, what I dont like is ******ging :oldlol: Also I doubt the "hate" is because of success, what success? They are yet to prove anything, Playoffs soon. Simply too much hyping is annoying, regardless if its Durant, Rose, Griffin, or any other player and/or team.

If the hype is too annoying for you, ignore it. Why add wood to the fire of these fvcking idiots hating on Rose? If hate isn't from success, where does it come from... Hype? Is going from 8th seed to 1st seed in the East just "hype"? Is implementing 3pt shot to your game not considered success? Is leading a team while having 2 essential players miss 50+ games not MVP-worthy?

winwin
03-26-2011, 08:43 PM
lebron and wade asslickers feeling inscure that's all

pauk
03-26-2011, 08:51 PM
who the hell hates the bulls or rose?

i only hate the OVERRATING of rose.... a shotjacker that gets bailed out by his fantastic defensive team and gets ALL THE CREDIT..... this is terrible and his fans are worse than kobe fans.....

hkfosho
03-26-2011, 08:52 PM

i only hate the OVERRATING of rose.... a shotjacker that gets bailed out by his fantastic defensive team and gets ALL THE CREDIT..... this is terrible and his fans are worse than kobe fans.....

do you even read what you type? What a disgrace to the forums :facepalm

STATUTORY
03-26-2011, 08:52 PM

how is Rose a shotjacker? everyone who doesn't shoot over 50% is a chucker now? come on son

OriginalNameGuy
03-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Because some of the Bulls fans here are homers that seem to think their team can't be beat, but whatever. That's not that bad, always gonna be some homers. What I really don't like is when people start comparing Rose to all time greats for one good season. Its an insult to those guys. Yes, he is having a good season, that is great, but all it means is he is living up to his status as a the first overall pick. way to early to be comparing him to the greatest

hkfosho
03-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Because some of the Bulls fans here are homers that seem to think their team can't be beat, but whatever. That's not that bad, always gonna be some homers. What I really don't like is when people start comparing Rose to all time greats for one good season. Its an insult to those guys. Yes, he is having a good season, that is great, but all it means is he is living up to his status as a the first overall pick. way to early to be comparing him to the greatest

show me a thread where Rose is being compared to "all-time greats"

Christofire
03-26-2011, 09:50 PM

it's no different than \james getting all the credit for the cavs record despite them being one of the best defensive and the best 3pt shooting team in the league and then him gettin no blame for their failures in the playoffs

themurph
03-27-2011, 02:08 PM

Well said....And very true....

Anyone blaming the trolling going on against Rose as being simply a product of fans claiming that the kid is the MVP or that he's one of the best players in the league is full of sh*t...That's what fans do from Lebron to Kobe...This is nothing new...We are all homers...That's what being a fan is all about...

When I read such excuses, I have to laugh....It's a straw man excuse...Plain and simple...

ashbelly
03-27-2011, 02:12 PM

Bulls fans are bandwagon lakers fans. They followed phil jackson to LA after jordan retired. You've noticed Kobe is not being propped up as much :oldlol:

Alamo
03-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Rose has a lot of hype, he has talent and he plays for a big city. He has tons of fans and along with fans always comes haters.

Just like Kobe has haters, just like Lebron has haters. Any player with a large fan base will have a lot of haters.

Same with Chris Bosh, if he wasn't actually a good player he wouldn't get nearly as much hate as he does now.

All Net
03-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Bulls fans are bandwagon lakers fans. They followed phil jackson to LA after jordan retired. You've noticed Kobe is not being propped up as much :oldlol:

You calling of all people calling others bandwagon fans? are you serious?

Rose
03-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Rose has a lot of hype, he has talent and he plays for a big city. He has tons of fans and along with fans always comes haters.

Just like Kobe has haters, just like Lebron has haters. Any player with a large fan base will have a lot of haters.

Same with Chris Bosh, if he wasn't actually a good player he wouldn't get nearly as much hate as he does now.
I kinda lol'd at the last part.

kentatm
03-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Kobe/LeBron stans

i'd bet most of the people ripping on Rose for being inefficient slurped the hell out of Iverson.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Actually it isn't.

There are maybe at the most 15 Bulls fans on here. 20 at the most. That's not including people who just troll for the hell of it.

Myself
Rose
D.Rose.owns.A.Camry
ballinhun8
ReturnofJPR
Undisputed
hkfosho
Go Getter
Los Bulls (I consider him a troll though)
Chicago Brawls (new)
Dengness9
dak121
ljsbb27
Abe Froman (doesn't post much)
eeeeeebro (doesn't post much on main forum)
VishaltotheG (rarely posts anymore)
ConanRulesNBC (posts in Bulls forum mainly)
Crazy Style (posts in Bulls forum mainly)
tamaraw08 (posts in Bulls forum mainly)

As you see, we have a lot of fans, but a lot of them don't even post in the main forum. And it's not just one bad thing, it's people who have been posting negativity about the Bulls for the last two years or three years.

Now they are mad because the Bulls are on top in the East and Rose is the front-runner for MVP (whether he gets it or remains to be seen), but they've been spewing so much hate that it hurts them now to see the Bulls doing so well. So they've painted themselves into a corner that they can't get out of and the only thing they can do is spew more hate.

It's sad really.

creepingdeath
03-27-2011, 02:39 PM

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/387/boshsniper.gif

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 02:41 PM

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 02:43 PM
do you even read what you type? What a disgrace to the forums :facepalm
That's why we have the ignore function. Use it.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm a Bulls fan and I hate the Lakers, so there goes that theory :rolleyes:

chairman
03-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Actually it isn't.

There are maybe at the most 15 Bulls fans on here. 20 at the most. That's not including people who just troll for the hell of it.

Myself
Rose
D.Rose.owns.A.Camry
ballinhun8
ReturnofJPR
Undisputed
hkfosho
Go Getter
Chicago Brawls (new)
Dengness9
dak121
ljsbb27

As you see, we have a lot of fans, but a lot of them don't even post in the main forum. And it's not just one bad thing, it's people who have been posting negativity about the Bulls for the last two years or three years.

Now they are mad because the Bulls are on top in the East and Rose is the front-runner for MVP (whether he gets it or remains to be seen), but they've been spewing so much hate that it hurts them now to see the Bulls doing so well. So they've painted themselves into a corner that they can't get out of and the only thing they can do is spew more hate.

It's sad really.
also bulls fan, sure there are more too you didn't mention

CHi1PriDe
03-27-2011, 02:49 PM

:applause: esp coming from a celtics fan, wells said :cheers:

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 02:51 PM
also bulls fan, sure there are more too you didn't mention
Good shit.

The thing that most Rose haters don't understand is that mostly all of Rose's fans are Bulls fans. There are some Rose fans who are fans of other teams, and then there are posters who aren't necessarily Rose fans, but appreciate his game and what he's accomplishing this year.

People hated on Rose last year because he had no 3 point shot, despite shooting 49% from the floor. So he added a three, and since it is a lower percentage shot, his FG% went down. Add to the FACT that he is seeing unprecendented (for him) defensive attention and getting forced into some tougher shots, plus some overall bad shooting nights, he's going to have a lower FG%

But people are hating on him, just to be hating on him. A lot of it is from Heat fans, really. Boston fans aren't even this bad when it comes to hating.

97 bulls
03-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Actually it isn't.

Myself
Rose
D.Rose.owns.A.Camry
ballinhun8
ReturnofJPR
Undisputed
hkfosho
Go Getter
Chicago Brawls (new)
Dengness9
dak121
ljsbb27

It's sad really.
Wow forgot me huh? Lol oh well

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Wow forgot me huh? Lol oh well
Wasn't a complete list. My bad bro

Rnbizzle
03-27-2011, 03:07 PM
am a bulls fan :)

Kblaze8855
03-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Most of it is pretty amusing to me. And really...it has done more to show me who doesnt know shit about basketball than most anything in my nearly 10 years here. Ive seen some of the same people hating on Rose for shooting 44% rank Isiah Thomas as a top 3-5 all time point citing seasons where shot under 44% while taking 6 less shots a game than Rose on a team with 5 all stars, a 6th man of the year, and a HOF coach that won with defense and him closing...

Its just jokes to me. Rose is shooting better than anyone ive ever seen have field goal percentage be the primary reason they are hated on. Hes on a long list of great offensive players who got propped up for being the driving force of a defense first team. Rose, AI, Isiah, Hardaway and so on. Really it goes into places most wouldnt even expect. The 86 Celtics for example...Bird gets all the credit for their greatness(and he should get the extreme vast majority of it)...but they were the best defense in the league.

Rose gets discredited on for so many things ive rarely(or never) seen anyone so hated on for....

Team being so talented...when 90% of ISH never predicted they would be nearly as good as the yare. In the "Why cant I be MVP" topic and some season previews...people I now see calling them so talented were acting like they would be a middle of the pack good team. As if ANYONE on the team but Rose isnt exactly who we knew they were coming in. And aside from that...we are on a 58 win pace in the 50+ games without Noah or Boozer or neither of them.

Gets discredited for his team playing defense. As if most really good teams ever didnt play D. Or as if anyone thinks less of their offense first stars because of it.

Gets hated on for shooting 44% as if HOF points didnt shoot worse while taking less shots and scoring less.

Gets hated on for not passing more when anyone who so much as played middle school ball should see how many plays are run for him to shoot. As if he should tell coach to **** off while he pads assists and breaks the offense....

If he took like...2 less threes a game..and didnt make 2-3 predictable drive and kicks a game where he gets into the lane then into the air then has nowhere to go with it when the opposing point is in his passing lane back out to a shooter...

Id have nothing negaive to say about him this season.

But hes probably been right next to Lebron and Kobe as the most hated on player this year. Guy who just works hard, deflects credit from himself, and seems down after beating the Heat getting wild MVP chants because he made a mistake to let them back into it....

He is probably(along with Nash) the most unreasonably hated on player ive ever seen here. Hes done nothing at all to justify it other than miss half a shot a game when he has 30 plays run for him to get a look every night.

However...since I myself took part in the "Nash isnt an MVP" thing(while never having a word to say about him personally though) I get that.

But it takes people odd places.

More people look like idiots hating on Rose than anyone else. With the possible exception of Jordan and the 60s greats but...I try to not even go int othose topics. Just know nothings with more emoticons than insight.

Noob Saibot
03-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe because of statements like "the best point guard since Magic Johnson." are being made about Rose.

He's having a career year, but the hype is getting outta hand.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Most of it is pretty amusing to me. And really...it has done more to show me who doesnt know shit about basketball than most anything in my nearly 10 years here. Ive seen some of the same people hating on Rose for shooting 44% rank Isiah Thomas as a top 3-5 all time point citing seasons where shot under 44% while taking 6 less shots a game than Rose on a team with 5 all stars, a 6th man of the year, and a HOF coach that won with defense and him closing...

Its just jokes to me. Rose is shooting better than anyone ive ever seen have field goal percentage be the primary reason they are hated on. Hes on a long list of great offensive players who got propped up for being the driving force of a defense first team. Rose, AI, Isiah, Hardaway and so on. Really it goes into places most wouldnt even expect. The 86 Celtics for example...Bird gets all the credit for their greatness(and he should get the extreme vast majority of it)...but they were the best defense in the league.

Rose gets discredited on for so many things ive rarely(or never) seen anyone so hated on for....

Team being so talented...when 90% of ISH never predicted they would be nearly as good as the yare. In the "Why cant I be MVP" topic and some season previews...people I now see calling them so talented were acting like they would be a middle of the pack good team. As if ANYONE on the team but Rose isnt exactly who we knew they were coming in. And aside from that...we are on a 58 win pace in the 50+ games without Noah or Boozer or neither of them.

Gets discredited for his team playing defense. As if most really good teams ever didnt play D. Or as if anyone thinks less of their offense first stars because of it.

Gets hated on for shooting 44% as if HOF points didnt shoot worse while taking less shots and scoring less.

Gets hated on for not passing more when anyone who so much as played middle school ball should see how many plays are run for him to shoot. As if he should tell coach to **** off while he pads assists and breaks the offense....

If he took like...2 less threes a game..and didnt make 2-3 predictable drive and kicks a game where he gets into the lane then into the air then has nowhere to go with it when the opposing point is in his passing lane back out to a shooter...

Id have nothing negaive to say about him this season.

But hes probably been right next to Lebron and Kobe as the most hated on player this year. Guy who just works hard, deflects credit from himself, and seems down after beating the Heat getting wild MVP chants because he made a mistake to let them back into it....

He is probably(along with Nash) the most unreasonably hated on player ive ever seen here. Hes done nothing at all to justify it other than miss half a shot a game when he has 30 plays run for him to get a look every night.

However...since I myself took part in the "Nash isnt an MVP" thing(while never having a word to say about him personally though) I get that.

But it takes people odd places.

More people look like idiots hating on Rose than anyone else. With the possible exception of Jordan and the 60s greats but...I try to not even go int othose topics. Just know nothings with more emoticons than insight.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Maybe because of statements like "the best point guard since Magic Johnson." are being made about Rose.

He's having a career year, but the hype is getting outta hand.
Who said that?

Kblaze8855
03-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Ive heard "Best point guard since Magic Johnson" about literally every point to be considered the best since Magic. Stockton, Kidd, Nash, Paul, and even Penny. But considering that there are 4-10 topics hating on Rose after every bad game im not sure hes overhyped at all. Not here at least. You can only be so overrated when a gang of people are chanting how overrated you are every single day.

Halcyon
03-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Actually it isn't.

Myself
Rose
D.Rose.owns.A.Camry
ballinhun8
ReturnofJPR
Undisputed
hkfosho
Go Getter
Chicago Brawls (new)
Dengness9
dak121
ljsbb27

It's sad really.

I WANNA BE ON THE LIST

sixer6ad
03-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Israel Gutierrez of the Miami Herald said we have already given it to him because we are bored. He had a great line:

Rose is the new i-pad, Howard is the old i-pad, and Lebron James...well you might as well call him an IBM desktop publisher.

Go Getter
03-27-2011, 03:21 PM
2 kinds of fans in Chicago at the moment, Derrick Rose fans and Chicago Bulls fans, some of these stans would rather have Drose win the MVP over the Bulls winning the Championship. That is why people hate on Derrrick Rose, there are only a handful of trolls on this forum that get there nuts in a bundle when Drose has a bad game etc. And it's expected that they make a new thread on how Drose sucks after a game etc
Flat out LIE.

I've been on this site for the better part of three years and I posted in the Bulls forum almost exclusively for a year and I can say almost if not ALL Bulls fans would rather have a title.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 03:22 PM
I WANNA BE ON THE LIST
Make a new one, just copy that one and add yourself, halcyon, 97 bulls, jasonresno

97 bulls
03-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Who said that?
I was gonna ask the same question. In fact, I've applauded us bulls fans for not saying that. Like laker fans were doing with 22 year old kobe. Comparing him to jordan

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Flat out LIE.

I've been on this site for the better part of three years and I posted in the Bulls forum almost exclusively for a year and I can say almost if not ALL Bulls fans would rather have a title.
This.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 03:24 PM
I was gonna ask the same question. In fact, I've applauded us bulls fans for not saying that. Like laker fans were doing with 22 year old kobe. Comparing him to jordan
Seriously they were.

I want to know who said it

Eat Like A Bosh
03-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't know. Rose has been great. He's one of the main reasons the Bulls came a 8th seed to a 1st seed.
You can argue that the Bulls are primarily a defensive team, but that makes Rose's go to offense even more valuable.
So what he's shooting below 50%?
You think it's that easy? How about you try hitting over half of your shots in a real game?

But yeah, now since the Bulls are a popular team again, Rose is going to get hated, just like how Kobe, LeBron get a lot of haters. It's just the way the world works. All the Derrick Rose hate just proves that he's really really good.

Eat Like A Bosh
03-27-2011, 03:25 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/387/boshsniper.gif
Lmfao at this pic!:roll:

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't know. Rose has been great. He's one of the main reasons the Bulls came a 8th seed to a 1st seed.
You can argue that the Bulls are primarily a defensive team, but that makes Rose's go to offense even more valuable.
So what he's shooting below 50%?
You think it's that easy? How about you try hitting over half of your shots in a real game?

But yeah, now since the Bulls are a popular team again, Rose is going to get hated, just like how Kobe, LeBron get a lot of haters. It's just the way the world works. All the Derrick Rose hate just proves that he's really really good.

This and it's mostly from arrogant heat post decision fans (read: lebron fans)

BlackWhiteGreen
03-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Much like Kobe, my dislike for Rose stems from his fans primarily.

Go Getter
03-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Much like Kobe, my dislike for Rose stems from his fans primarily.
And not from the fact that he beat out your boy Rondo for WC PG and ASG PG and is sort of stealing his thunder so to speak?

BlackWhiteGreen
03-27-2011, 03:47 PM
And not from the fact that he beat out your boy Rondo for WC PG and ASG PG and is sort of stealing his thunder so to speak?

Meh, I guess. I wouldn't say I'm a blind Rondo homer but I want to see him do well. Wasn't too fussed about the worlds seeing as I'd have preferred him to work on his game over the summer.

Go Getter
03-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Meh, I guess. I wouldn't say I'm a blind Rondo homer but I want to see him do well. Wasn't too fussed about the worlds seeing as I'd have preferred him to work on his game over the summer.
Don't let emotional young men dictate who you like as a player.

Noob Saibot
03-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Who said that?

Tim Legler.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Don't let emotional young men dictate who you like as a player.

It's not all that easy. I can appreciate Rose's ability, it doesn't mean I will like him.

Go Getter
03-27-2011, 03:57 PM
It's not all that easy. I can appreciate Rose's ability, it doesn't mean I will like him.
All the trolls and idiots in the world couldn't stop you from liking the Celtics, you don't like Rose because he's the leader of a rival, lol, be honest.

I can dig it.

nightprowler10
03-27-2011, 04:06 PM

That's something different. It's not hating on Rose like so many others. I can respect that viewpoint. It's exactly how I feel about Rondo. If I was a PG in the NBA, I'd play just like him, but he was dead to me the day he ****ed with Hinrich. :oldlol:

P.S: Glide2Keva :(

Rose
03-27-2011, 04:08 PM
That's something different. It's not hating on Rose like so many others. I can respect that viewpoint. It's exactly how I feel about Rondo. If I was a PG in the NBA, I'd play just like him, but he was dead to me the day he ****ed with Hinrich. :oldlol:

:bowdown:

jasonresno
03-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Success breeds haters, that's just it. On a surface level there is literally nothing to dislike about the Bulls/Rose OTHER than the fact that they are having great success. They don't control the media. They've got nothing to do with becoming saturated on ESPN (which is hilarious because they've flown under the radar ALL year despite going 45-11 after starting the year 8-8). Rose is completely likable, as is the rest of the cast, and they play to win. They never play dirty. Aren't a bunch of sh*t talkers.

I just don't get the hate, really, I don't.

Notorious D.M.C
03-27-2011, 04:32 PM

because its the internet where you can make an argument for anything. Even if it doesn't make any sense.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Tim Legler.
Yeah because Tim Legler is a Bulls fan. :facepalm

So because Tim Legler, a media guy said something like that, you're going to attribute it to the Bulls fans who never said it? Then you're using that as a reason to say he's overrated and hate on him because of it?

What type of sense does that even make?

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 04:41 PM

Yeah, Rondo played dirty that whole series and got away with it, which made me not like him at all.

Notorious D.M.C
03-27-2011, 04:41 PM
I've said it in other threads..for some reason you aren't allowed to like Durant and Rose. If you like Durant you have to make Rose hate threads for some reason. And vice versa.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I've said it in other threads..for some reason you aren't allowed to like Durant and Rose. If you like Durant you have to make Rose hate threads for some reason. And vice versa.
I like Durant, I just hate the touch foul calls he gets depsite being primarily a jumpshooter.

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Success breeds haters, that's just it. On a surface level there is literally nothing to dislike about the Bulls/Rose OTHER than the fact that they are having great success. They don't control the media. They've got nothing to do with becoming saturated on ESPN (which is hilarious because they've flown under the radar ALL year despite going 45-11 after starting the year 8-8). Rose is completely likable, as is the rest of the cast, and they play to win. They never play dirty. Aren't a bunch of sh*t talkers.

I just don't get the hate, really, I don't.

Dude, no.

I don't dislike the Bulls, and I recognize that they are a better team than my Magic this year. They as a team get after it on defense and are tough to beat. I wouldn't mind seeing them win it all. Thib has done a great job, and they play admirable basketball, straight up.

What I dislike, and what causes "hate" is the constant barrage of Derrick Rose overrating. You don't agree, that's great. You're biased, and are unable to see the forest for the trees. He is not a truly elite player. He is a volume scorer and little else. He's getting thrust into the rankings of James, Bryant, Wade, Howard etc and he does not belong there.

The Bulls are an incredibly solid basketball team, and Thib deserves a lot of the credit. Obviously, Rose plays his role in helping that team win, and his impact is better for that particular team than his field goal percentage suggests, but he is no where near best player in the league status, and yet he's slated to win the league's top individual award. Any time any real argument is made against him, there are nothing but incessant "u mad?" posts with little to no rebuttals present.

Face it... Bulls(Rose) fans on this board right now are acting like Lakers(Kobe) fans did for years... obnoxious and blind.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Dude, no.

I don't dislike the Bulls, and I recognize that they are a better team than my Magic this year. They as a team get after it on defense and are tough to beat. I wouldn't mind seeing them win it all. Thib has done a great job, and they play admirable basketball, straight up.

What I dislike, and what causes "hate" is the constant barrage of Derrick Rose overrating. You don't agree, that's great. You're biased, and are unable to see the forest for the trees. He is not a truly elite player. He is a volume scorer and little else. He's getting thrust into the rankings of James, Bryant, Wade, Howard etc and he does not belong there.

The Bulls are an incredibly solid basketball team, and Thib deserves a lot of the credit. Obviously, Rose plays his role in helping that team win, and his impact is better for that particular team than his field goal percentage suggests, but he is no where near best player in the league status, and yet he's slated to win the league's top individual award. Any time any real argument is made against him, there are nothing but incessant "u mad?" posts with little to no rebuttals present.

Face it... Bulls(Rose) fans on this board right now are acting like Lakers(Kobe) fans did for years... obnoxious and blind.
See? trolls.

We haven't overrated Rose as much as we are happy he's playing for our team. You guys just hate that we are happy for our team.

You confuse real Bulls fans with the trolls. We are nowhere near acting like Kobe fans. Those are the Heat fans (face facts)

Notorious D.M.C
03-27-2011, 04:50 PM
I like Durant, I just hate the touch foul calls he gets depsite being primarily a jumpshooter.

is it his fault that guys foul him? touch foul or not its still a foul. Its not street ball and the refs will call it for any player.

Noob Saibot
03-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Yeah because Tim Legler is a Bulls fan. :facepalm

So because Tim Legler, a media guy said something like that, you're going to attribute it to the Bulls fans who never said it? Then you're using that as a reason to say he's overrated and hate on him because of it?

What type of sense does that even make?

^you're jumping to conclusions. it doesn't matter who Tim Legler's rooting for, i don't care about that.

What's wrong here is, Legler makes a claim that Rose is the best point guard since Magic Johnson. why is he comparing an upcoming player to another player who is a hall of famer? Now that doesn't make sense. What does Rose do than makes him equal or better to Magic?

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 04:55 PM
^you're jumping to conclusions. it doesn't matter who Tim Legler's rooting for, i don't care about that.

What's wrong here is, Legler makes a claim that Rose is the best point guard since Magic Johnson. why is he comparing an upcoming player to another player who is a hall of famer? Now that doesn't make sense. What does Rose do than makes him equal or better to Magic?
He works for ESPN, they are paid to sensationalize and be controversial. He said something stupid, so you're hating on Rose because of it.

Rose doesn't compare to magic, anyone with basketball knowledge will say that and you won't find ONE Bulls fan that will.

So don't act like we're the one's hyping him to unprecedented levels, we don't control the media. ESPN did the same with lebron.

We are just happy for this team. We don't start meaningless threads, yet let Rose have a bad shooting night and there are tons of Rose threads, started by Rose haters. But, we're overrating him.

Kblaze8855
03-27-2011, 04:55 PM
How is saying best since magic comparing him to Magic at all? Sounds to me more like using Magic as the best...so as to compare him to everyone SINCE magic. Comparing him to magic would be "Best since Oscar robertson" wouldnt it? Magic is the one hes NOT being compared to.

Id figure a claim like that would bring more "What has he done to be compared to Payton, Kidd, and Paul" or whatever. Hes clearly not comparing him to Magic at all. If he thought h was similar to Magic he wouldnt have excluded magic by saying "Since".

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 04:56 PM
How is saying best since magic comparing him to Magic at all? Sounds to me more like using Magic as the best...so as to compare him to everyone SINCE magic. Comparing him to magic would be "Best since Oscar robertson" wouldnt it? Magic is the one hes NOT being compared to.

Id figure a claim like that would bring more "What has he done to be compared to Payton, Kidd, and Paul" or whatever. Hes clearly not comparing him to Magic at all. If he thought h was similar to Magic he wouldnt have excluded magic by saying "Since".
This.

They are so blinded by hate for Rose that they misinterpret any praise for him. It's like you're not supposed to like Rose or something.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 04:57 PM
is it his fault that guys foul him? touch foul or not its still a foul. Its not street ball and the refs will call it for any player.
I've never seen a jumpshooter get as many calls as he does while guys drive to the rim and get hit hard and knocked to the floor and get no calls.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
03-27-2011, 04:59 PM

So what if he said that? When Lebron came into the league, his second season, all those reporters were saying hes the best player since MJ.
Everyone has their own opinions

DRose.IS.da.MAN
03-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Ppl hate rose because he became so good so fast, success brings a bunch of haters, its true. And a lot of the haters are insecure Durant/Lebron/Howard fans that thought their player would be the MVP this year and Rose came out of the blue and stole the show. ex. YouCallILose

97 bulls
03-27-2011, 05:02 PM
This.

They are so blinded by hate for Rose that they misinterpret any praise for him. It's like you're not supposed to like Rose or something.
Yeah, all they hear was rose and magic johnson in the same sentence.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-27-2011, 05:02 PM
This.

Just wondering, do you think Rose is better than Paul/Stockton/Nash/Kidd/Payton?

Noob Saibot
03-27-2011, 05:04 PM

^i dont hate derrick rose. it just the media might be getting too carried away over his success so far.

^well from Legler, i got a little surprised that he would use Magic's name to sell off Rose as something special.

jasonresno
03-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Dude, no.

http://dump.fm/images/20101214/1292382334969-dumpfm-mario-u-jelly.jpg

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Your stupidity is almost intoxicating.

See? Lol. And thus, "hatred".

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:05 PM
:roll:

Case in point.

Nice edit, chump. You're the reason "haters" exist.

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:06 PM

I rest my case. Success breeds gigantic cases of jealousy.

Wow. 3 edits, same post. Changed his post every single time. You know why? He doesn't think before he speaks. This is the exact type of mentality that breeds "haters".

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:07 PM

You said "Dude, no." and then didn't address anything I posted.

4 edits and counting.

Noob Saibot
So what if he said that? When Lebron came into the league, his second season, all those reporters were saying hes the best player since MJ.
Everyone has their own opinions

^that's fine. but some opinions can get so ridiculous that they have no kind of historical basis or research behind them.

Orlando Magic
http://dump.fm/images/20101214/1292382334969-dumpfm-mario-u-jelly.jpg

jasonresno
03-27-2011, 05:08 PM
I was going to actually verbally respond to you and then realized I didn't want to get caught up in the whirlwind of stupidity that your posts typically create. An image is far easier to post and convey my point without having to waste my time ;).

Orlando Magic
I was going to actually verbally respond to you and then realized I didn't want to get caught up in a whirlwind of stupidity.

Exposed. No reasoning or thought put into posts prior to making them. That kind of thing gets you in trouble in real life. Hopefully you're different here :~*(

Glide2keva
Just wondering, do you think Rose is better than Paul/Stockton/Nash/Kidd/Payton?

Not yet, he has the potential to be as good as all of those guys and this year at least he's outplayed his peers head to head for the most part. Career wise? It's too early to put him in the all time great PG category just yet. He has the potential though.

jasonresno
03-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Exposed. No reasoning or thought put into posts prior to making them. That kind of thing gets you in trouble in real life. Hopefully you're different here :~*(

The depths of your sadness know no bounds..

Glide2keva
^i dont hate derrick rose. it just the media might be getting too carried away over his success so far.

^well from Legler, i got a little surprised that he would use Magic's name to sell off Rose as something special.
Rose is something special. That's the truth, if you can't see it then I don't know what to tell you.

BlackWhiteGreen
I was going to actually verbally respond to you and then realized I didn't want to get caught up in the whirlwind of stupidity that your posts typically create. An image is far easier to post and convey my point without having to waste my time ;).

You did respond, like 4 times. I saw at least 3 of them.

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:10 PM

The depths of your sadness know no bounds..

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/p0ke_me/no20u.jpg

jasonresno
03-27-2011, 05:10 PM
For what it's worth, Magic, if you ONLY want the MVP to go to the ABSOLUTE MOST TALENTED PLAYER IN THE NBA INDIVIDUALLY... No way Dwight wins it.

#foodforthought.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Not yet, he has the potential to be as good as all of those guys and this year at least he's outplayed his peers head to head for the most part. Career wise? It's too early to put him in the all time great PG category just yet. He has the potential though.

It just seemed to be a very outlandish thing to say, I know it's Legler, but still.

Glide2keva
^that's fine. but some opinions can get so ridiculous that they have no kind of historical basis or research behind them.
But that's no reason to shit on Rose and act like it's his fans spouting off about him in that way.

We're just happy our team is good again after being so bad for so long.

Kblaze8855

Even though hes using Magic name...as a clear "Hes not as good as this guy.." point of reference?

Magics name cant even be spoken when its use is to show that someone is NOT as good as him?

That in no way disrespected Magic. If anything it showed Leglers opinion that Rose is not on Magics level...and is only at a level to be compared to guys AFTER magic.

"Best since..." is always propping up the guy. If he said best since someone before Magic..thats insulting Magic.

Legler played against Magic. He knows how good he was. He did nothing to disrespect Magic in any way.

Every great young point with the exception of Deron Williams ive heard "Best since magic" about. All of them. Paul, Nash, Kidd, and Penny at least. Not sure about Payton. But its not an uncommon thing to hear. The guy generally considered the best point has often been called the best since Magic. WHich if anything shows that people know..NONE of these guys can **** with Magic. Its never best since Oscar. Its best since Magic.

because Magic is the standard.

jasonresno
03-27-2011, 05:12 PM
But that's no reason to shit on Rose and act like it's his fans spouting off about him in that way.

We're just happy our team is good again after being so bad for so long.
Weren't there people last year saying Rondo was the best PG since Magic?

jasonresno
Even though hes using Magic name...as a clear "Hes not as good as this guy.." point of reference?

Magics name cant even be spoken when its use is to show that someone is NOT as good as him?

That in no way disrespected Magic. If anything it showed Leglers opinion that Rose is not on Magics level...and is only at a level to be compared to guys AFTER magic.

"Best since..." is always propping up the guy. If he said best since someone before Magic..thats insulting Magic.

Legler played against Magic. He knows how good he was. He did nothing to disrespect Magic in any way.

Every great young point with the exception of Deron Williams ive heard "Best since magic" about. All of them. Paul, Nash, Kidd, and Penny at least. Not sure about Payton. But its not an uncommon thing to hear. The guy generally considered the best point has often been called the best since Magic. WHich if anything shows that people know..NONE of these guys can **** with Magic. Its never best since Oscar. Its best since Magic.

Your posts are a treasure for the eyes.

Glide2keva
It just seemed to be a very outlandish thing to say, I know it's Legler, but still.
Seriously though, who takes people on ESPN seriously?

They love the Bulls all of a sudden after years of shitting on them, even in 2007 when we had the 3 seed and beat Miami.

I don't listen to them.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-27-2011, 05:13 PM
For what it's worth, Magic, if you ONLY want the MVP to go to the ABSOLUTE MOST TALENTED PLAYER IN THE NBA INDIVIDUALLY... No way Dwight wins it.

#foodforthought.

Who does then? And does talent include athleticism, awareness, skills, and ability? Because I can only think of 1 player who does all 4 things better than him... and it aint Derrick Rose.

Orlando Magic

#foodforthought.

LeBron. Dwight is a close second right now. Both of which I'd pick for MVP over Rose and both of which are head and shoulders better.

Glide2keva
Weren't there people last year saying Rondo was the best PG since Magic?
I think there were, though you'd be hard pressed to find them.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Seriously though, who takes people on ESPN seriously?

They love the Bulls all of a sudden after years of shitting on them, even in 2007 when we had the 3 seed and beat Miami.

I don't listen to them.

Oh, I don't either. The Boston site is pretty well run I think, but like any journalism, ESPN just blows everything out of proportion.

jasonresno
LeBron. Dwight is a close second right now. Both of which I'd pick for MVP over Rose and both of which are head and shoulders better.
So you'd pick LeBron for MVP this year over Rose/Dwight/Dirk?

Glide2keva

DRose1899
03-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Lebron instead even Dwight?
U kidding me? LOL.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Oh, I don't either. The Boston site is pretty well run I think, but like any journalism, ESPN just blows everything out of proportion.
That's what they do.

Rose is the favorite for MVP, but if he doesn't win it, so what? As long as it isn't lebron, I'm happy.

Orlando Magic

Yes, because he is the most impacting player in basketball. He's the literal difference between 60 wins and 20.

BlackWhiteGreen

I pick LeBron over Rose, but not Dwight or Dirk.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Yes, because he is the most impacting player in basketball. He's the literal difference between 60 wins and 20.
Not this year he isn't.

Noob Saibot
03-27-2011, 05:17 PM

you're right its not uncommon. Rose will not be last person to get compared to Magic or whoever afterwards unless he become a multi-champion, MVP, mulitple all 1st teams, etc. Then Rose will become the standard superstar point guard that future point guards will want to attain.

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Not this year he isn't.

I respectfully disagree. If you replace Wade with a defensive minded center (even if said center is clearly inferior to Wade), the Heat are the #1 seed in the East right now. The team is poorly constructed. The pieces aren't true compliments. They'll get there, but I'm not sure they are there yet.

None of this has any bearing on LeBron's actual impact. It's the team. Put him on the Bulls in place of Rose and they're already at 60 wins right now.

jasonresno
03-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Even though his new team has two superstars and won't win as many games as the Cavs won last year?

And LeBron isn't a +40w game changer. The Cavs turned their organization on it's head. (edit:) New coach, new players, etc etc.

Disagreed emphatically. Dwight deserves it more than LBJ and Dwight didn't get it last year when the Magic were a better team, he isn't getting it this year.

Bulls were an 8 seed last year.

They are going to win over 60 games and finish off the best team in the East and the second best team in the league.

It's not Ronnie Brewer, Keith Bogans, and Kurt Thomas that made the difference.

it's COY Thibs and MVP Rose.

nightprowler10
03-27-2011, 05:21 PM
you're right its not uncommon. Rose will not be last person to get compared to Magic or whoever afterwards unless he become a multi-champion, MVP, mulitple all 1st teams, etc. Then Rose will become the standard superstar point guard that future point guards will want to attain.
You keep missing the point though. Rose is not being compared to Magic. I used to hold the opinion that LeBron is the best basketball player since MJ, doesn't mean I'm comparing him to Jordan.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 05:23 PM
I pick LeBron over Rose, but not Dwight or Dirk.
lebron has no claim to MVP this year.

Dwight, but his team's record blows. Dirk, but his team is fighting to hold on to it's seeding.

No one expected the Bulls to be this good, especially with Boozer missing 20+ games, and Noah missing 30+ games, including time missed together.

Rose has been the main constant that keeps this team winning, along with it's defense (which Rose is a part of). He's the main cog on offense contributing to 46% or so of his teams offense through scoring or assisting. Look how he closed the Bucks out last night.

He either scored or assisted on the games final 12 points.

Even on his bad shooting nights, he's learned how to make big shots when the game is being decided. He learned through failure, so he knows what it takes to win games and that's why their record is so good.

The hate that I don't get is those people who minimized Rose's impact on the team while touting the Bulls defense and saying how it's so great. Then these same guys will turn right around and say the Bulls aren't that good and will lose in the first or second round.

You cant have it both ways.

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Even though his new team has two superstars and won't win as many games as the Cavs won last year?

And LeBron isn't a +40w game changer. The Cavs turned their organization on it's head. (edit:) New coach, new players, etc etc.

Disagreed emphatically. Dwight deserves it more than LBJ and Dwight didn't get it last year when the Magic were a better team, he isn't getting it this year.

Bulls were an 8 seed last year.

They are going to win over 60 games and finish off the best team in the East and the second best team in the league.

It's not Ronnie Brewer, Keith Bogans, and Kurt Thomas that made the difference.

it's COY Thibs and MVP Rose.

40 is an exaggeration but he is good for at least 20-30 wins by himself. If you put him on the worst team in the league, they are still breaking 500, every single time, no matter how bad the roster is.

Dwight doesn't deserve it more because Dwight isn't as good. He's close, and in the past two months has been better, but not year round.

Thib is the biggest reason for the change. You've also added Boozer, who isn't exactly a bum. Rose plays his part, but he is not an irreplaceable player.

Since the Bulls are the #1 seed, they have the MVP, and the COY, they damn sure better win it all, or some of that is a lie.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 05:25 PM
I respectfully disagree. If you replace Wade with a defensive minded center (even if said center is clearly inferior to Wade), the Heat are the #1 seed in the East right now. The team is poorly constructed. The pieces aren't true compliments. They'll get there, but I'm not sure they are there yet.

None of this has any bearing on LeBron's actual impact. It's the team. Put him on the Bulls in place of Rose and they're already at 60 wins right now.
If this was true, then Miami would be at 60 wins right now.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-27-2011, 05:26 PM
it's COY Thibs and Rose and Boozer and an improved Noah and a more efficient Deng

Fixed.

DRose1899
03-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I respectfully disagree. If you replace Wade with a defensive minded center (even if said center is clearly inferior to Wade), the Heat are the #1 seed in the East right now.
Wade winning the league with Shaq, so that's practically same sh1t n Lebron playing with the same player with his caliber. :facepalm

Glide2keva
40 is an exaggeration but he is good for at least 20-30 wins by himself. If you put him on the worst team in the league, they are still breaking 500, every single time, no matter how bad the roster is.

Dwight doesn't deserve it more because Dwight isn't as good. He's close, and in the past two months has been better, but not year round.

Thib is the biggest reason for the change. You've also added Boozer, who isn't exactly a bum. Rose plays his part, but he is not an irreplaceable player.

Since the Bulls are the #1 seed, they have the MVP, and the COY, they damn sure better win it all, or some of that is a lie.
Did you say the same when lebron got MVP and Mike Brown got COY in the same year, even though they didn't even make the ECF?

jasonresno

By your reasoning, since the Bulls are the #1 seed, they have the MVP, and the COY, they damn sure better win it all, or some of that is a lie.
Hollinger has them as favorites to win it all. If they don't it's absolutely a disappointment. Not a lie. But a disappointment.

You're absolutely right, Boozer is no slouch. He's just never on the court. He's missed a couple months of basketball already. And the Bulls are still #1 in the East. Same with Noah. When the #2 and #3 options on your team combine to miss over 3 months of the regular season that says what Rose is really doing. he's the only offensive threat on the team. Bulls have the best D in the league, sure, but that doesn't matter for much if you don't score anything. Deng/Bogans/Korver/Brewer/Thomas/Asik...They aren't play makers or shot creators. They feed off what Rose sets up.

Noob Saibot
03-27-2011, 05:28 PM
You keep missing the point though. Rose is not being compared to Magic. I used to hold the opinion that LeBron is the best basketball player since MJ, doesn't mean I'm comparing him to Jordan.

I get it now. its a timeline of who's hot right now and not who is better or equal to whom.

Orlando Magic
Look, guys, I'm going to step back again from this argument for a while again because it's just too repetitive at this point...

This is just far too reminiscent of the Steve Nash argument from a few years back, with a slight variation.

A guy that isn't even top 5 in the league winning the top individual award.

In Nash's case, he was the biggest part of a team's offense that was successful because of its offense.

Difference is...

In Rose's case, he is the biggest part of a team's offense that was successful because of its defense.

It wasn't OK for Nash to win it then, and it's not OK for Rose to win it now. But as a fan, you might as well enjoy it. Just don't get carried away with where you rate the guy, because you're going to end up disappointed at some point.

BlackWhiteGreen
lebron has no claim to MVP this year.

Dwight, but his team's record blows. Dirk, but his team is fighting to hold on to it's seeding.

No one expected the Bulls to be this good, especially with Boozer missing 20+ games, and Noah missing 30+ games, including time missed together.

Rose has been the main constant that keeps this team winning, along with it's defense (which Rose is a part of). He's the main cog on offense contributing to 46% or so of his teams offense through scoring or assisting. Look how he closed the Bucks out last night.

He either scored or assisted on the games final 12 points.

Even on his bad shooting nights, he's learned how to make big shots when the game is being decided. He learned through failure, so he knows what it takes to win games and that's why their record is so good.

The hate that I don't get is those people who minimized Rose's impact on the team while touting the Bulls defense and saying how it's so great. Then these same guys will turn right around and say the Bulls aren't that good and will lose in the first or second round.

You cant have it both ways.

I think MVP should be given to the best player, and LeBron is easily better than Rose, so even when you compare the teams (the trainwreck that is Miami vs the tight-knit, well organised and well coached Chicago) Rose should never come out on top.

jasonresno
03-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Look, guys, I'm going to step back again from this argument for a while again because it's just too repetitive at this point...

This is just far too reminiscent of the Steve Nash argument from a few years back, with a slight variation.

A guy that isn't even top 5 in the league winning the top individual award.

In Nash's case, he was the biggest part of a team's offense that was successful because of its offense.

Difference is...

In Rose's case, he is the biggest part of a team's offense that was successful because of its defense.

It wasn't OK for Nash to win it then, and it's not OK for Rose to win it now. But as a fan, you might as well enjoy it. Just don't get carried away with where you rate the guy, because you're going to end up disappointed at some point.

I've got no problem giving the MVP to a top 10 player in the league.

Do you?

Orlando Magic
Wade winning the league with Shaq, so that's practically same sh1t n Lebron playing with the same player with his caliber. :facepalm

If you think this year's Heat has as good a roster as that year's Heat from top to bottom, I don't know what to say.

Glide2keva
I think MVP should be given to the best player, and LeBron is easily better than Rose, so even when you compare the teams (the trainwreck that is Miami vs the tight-knit, well organised and well coached Chicago) Rose should never come out on top.
But MVP isn't the best player award.

jasonresno
I didn't realize MVP stood for "Most Talented Player". And just for curiosities sake: where did you have Chicago finishing before the season started? Where did you have Miami finishing?

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
I've got no problem giving the MVP to a top 10 player in the league.

Do you?

Yes. If you don't have a somewhat legitimate argument for best player in the league, you don't deserve its top award.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
If you think this year's Heat has as good a roster as that year's Heat from top to bottom, I don't know what to say.
That's one thing you're right on.

But that didn't stop the Heat fans from spewing 73 wins and all kinds of bullshit like that.

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
But MVP isn't the best player award.

It's the top(best) individual award in basketball. Disagree?

ballinhun8

You could say the same thing about LeBron. Replace him with the defensive minded Center along with Wade and Bosh, the Heat are still at first. Prolly better then any LBJ led team. LeBron brings team chemistry down imho.

jasonresno
Yes. If you don't have a somewhat legitimate argument for best player in the league, you don't deserve its top award.
Being in the Top 10 is a pretty elite category.

Glide2keva
MVP isn't a best player in the league award.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-27-2011, 05:32 PM
And I didn't know it stood for "Most Talented Player Who Has The Best Team And The Best Record And Best Coaching". Individual awards should only take into account their team if the two are equal.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 05:32 PM
It's the top(best) individual award in basketball. Disagree?
It is the top individual award, yes. But if it went to lebron or kobe every year, then it would be a serious joke.

Hence the reason Jordan didn't win it every year.

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:33 PM
That's one thing you're right on.

But that didn't stop the Heat fans from spewing 73 wins and all kinds of bullshit like that.

Well those Heat fans are retarded. I've maintained from the beginning of the season and up until now that the Heat were going to steamroll the weaker teams (which they've done, mostly) and they were going to struggle with the teams with size (which they've done, mostly).

The Heat are a legit post defender away from league domination. Depending on what Riley does with roster moves this off season and the next is going to make huge impacts on the legacies of LeBron & Wade.

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:34 PM
It is the top individual award, yes. But if it went to lebron or kobe every year, then it would be a serious joke.

Hence the reason Jordan didn't win it every year.

I want to give it to the person that deserves it, not change up the victor for the sake of change.

Jordan deserved to win it every year.

Shaq has one MVP. One. Travesty.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 05:36 PM
And I didn't know it stood for "Most Talented Player Who Has The Best Team And The Best Record And Best Coaching". Individual awards should only take into account their team if the two are equal.
Then you don't know how MVP's are awarded.

From what I've seen, it's awarded to the player who had the biggest impact on his teams' success, as compared to it's expectations.

No one expected the Bulls to be this good. Rose is the main reason for this because this team's defense hasn't even played 30 games as a unit.

You can't discount Noah and Boozer missing a combined 53+ games, while Rose missed one.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
03-27-2011, 05:36 PM

Miami is a very good defensive team you idiot

BlackWhiteGreen
03-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Then you don't know how MVP's are awarded.

From what I've seen, it's awarded to the player who had the biggest impact on his teams' success, as compared to it's expectations.

No one expected the Bulls to be this good. Rose is the main reason for this because this team's defense hasn't even played 30 games as a unit.

You can't discount Noah and Boozer missing a combined 53+ games, while Rose missed one.

I know how they are awarded, I'm just saying they shouldn't be.

nightprowler10
03-27-2011, 05:37 PM
I get it now. its a timeline of who's hot right now and not who is better or equal to whom.

Hey, just because I'm explaining a viewpoint doesn't mean I agree with it. I don't think Rose is the best PG since Magic, I'm just saying absolutely no one compared him to Magic to start with.

Rose
03-27-2011, 05:38 PM
This is actually an intelligent well-written discussion. Props to all of you.:cheers:

DRose1899
They isn't?
Yeah because Udonis Haslem (that's even still in roster), Posey, n Jason Williams is a lot better than Bosh, Lebron, n Mike Miller.

And yeah basically Wade playing in your scenario n win it.

Wade, Bosh, good C n even with 14 scrubs is championship material, so what your point?

Glide2keva
I want to give it to the person that deserves it, not change up the victor for the sake of change.It's not changing the victor, it's awarding great seasons. There's nothing wrong with that. I'd have no problem with Dirk or Dwight winning it.

Jordan deserved to win it every year.

Maybe, but that's not how it works.

Shaq has one MVP. One. Travesty.

I agree, Shaq having only one is a joke.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 05:41 PM
I know how they are awarded, I'm just saying they shouldn't be.
Not our fault.

Rose is just as deserving as anyone else. He's the main reason for this team being as good, considering where they were last year and what they were projected to finish this year. He's had monster games against the best teams and performed exceptionally when the basketball world was watching (national TV games, I mean)

Remember, he wasn't even a favorite for the award this year coming into the season, Durant was.

Rose
In all fairness, blame Shaq for "healing on company time", and never playing mostly a full season.Most of his prime he missed over 10 games.

Kblaze8855
Lebron is probably the best player in the NBA(if he isnt then Dwight is) but hes on a team where hes too often not the major reason they won. And im not talking about ap layer vs an abstract non individual concept like defense...Lebron is often not actually doing more to make his team win...than another player on that team. Another human. If you arent night in night out your own teams MVP im not sure if you could expect to be league MVP.

Rose even in off games contributes more individually than anyone else on the Bulls. Deng doesnt generally take over. He...makes 2 jumpers in 4 trips and you cheer him...glad to have him. But he isnt gonna score or assist on all 12 points down the stretch. Boozer doesnt exactly take over on the Bulls. Its been 35 games since he so much as scored 25 points. And hes been out with us on a 55 or so win pace without him anyway. Noah doesnt take over. He does his thing. He doesnt just...destroy you.

Rose is his teams most significant player more often than Lebron is. The Heat could win at least 50-55 games without Lebron. Wade has led similar or less talented teams to 47 or so I believe. Wade and Bosh would be fine. Going into the season plenty of people would have said the Heat had 3 players better than Rose...

Dwight matters more to the Magic than Lebron does to the Heat.

Lebron is the best player in the league...but if people go with the "Most valuable" thing I dont see how someone who its a straight tossup if he will or wont be their most significant player from night to night wins it.

And the Bulls wouldnt be much better record wise with Lebron. Doesnt have anything to do with him being better than Rose. But the Bulls are gonna win like 60 games. They arent gonna win 70 with Lebron.

Lebrons impact shows a lot more on a bad team. Jordan himself isnt gonna add a whole lot of wins to the Bulls. They just dont have much room to improve record wise. If they go up 8 wins they would match the 3rd best record of all time.

And I dont consider a 4-5 win bump major. Not at all.

Orlando Magic
03-27-2011, 05:42 PM
In all fairness, blame Shaq for "healing on company time", and never playing mostly a full season.Most of his prime he missed over 10 games.

I'd take Shaq during his prime missing 70 games and being there for the playoffs over every other player in the league playing 82 games + playoffs.

Noob Saibot
03-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey, just because I'm explaining a viewpoint doesn't mean I agree with it. I don't think Rose is the best PG since Magic, I'm just saying absolutely no one compared him to Magic to start with.

^Yea that statement by Legler got to me so bad. Its ESPN flattery.

nightprowler10
03-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Bill Simmons made a great point in his book about how people tend to give MVP awards as everyone is sick of a certain player dominating everything. This is why Barkley got his award over MJ and why Shaq only has one MVP despite the fact that those years belonged to him.

Rose
03-27-2011, 05:44 PM
I'd take Shaq during his prime missing 70 games and being there for the playoffs over every other player in the league playing 82 games + playoffs.
He was the best player no doubt and you take him in a draft #1, but he never met the criteria for the MVP(games played at least), same with Timmy. Except in the years they actually won it.

DRose1899
03-27-2011, 05:50 PM
I'd take Shaq missing 70 games and being there for the playoffs over every other player in the league during his prime.
Blame the fact he playing with Kobe. And that is the biggest obstacle for Wade n LBJ to win regular MVP for many years to come.

I dunno why you guys making fuss about this award not given to "best" player, this award supposed given to player that makes their teams looks brightest with his effort that they can in regular season, so AI, Nash, n Rose deserve the award in that sense.

And There's that more precious awards for the best player than league rings n to extent, finals MVP?

Is that damn hard to understand it?

Dengness9
03-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Actually it isn't.

Myself
Rose
D.Rose.owns.A.Camry
ballinhun8
ReturnofJPR
Undisputed
hkfosho
Go Getter
Chicago Brawls (new)
Dengness9
dak121
ljsbb27

It's sad really.

Much Love bro'. Well said

O BaByShaQ
03-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Sucsess brings haters

Word

Dengness9
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM

Had to quote this one.

You are the biggest bandwagon fan on this website, therefore you clearly have no respect amongst any posters.

And you're attempt at calling Bulls fans lakers fans is laughable.

Hardcore Bulls fans here hate the Lakers. No one followed Phil Jackson, GTFO. We stayed Bulls fans and watched them be terrible and near or in the cellar for over a decade after MJ.

But you wouldn't know about sticking with your team through thick and thin.

Real talk.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Had to quote this one.

You are the biggest bandwagon fan on this website, therefore you clearly have no respect amongst any posters.

And you're attempt at calling Bulls fans lakers fans is laughable.

Hardcore Bulls fans here hate the Lakers. No one followed Phil Jackson, GTFO. We stayed Bulls fans and watched them be terrible and near or in the cellar for over a decade after MJ.

But you wouldn't know about sticking with your team through thick and thin.

Real talk.
This.

themurph
03-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Hollinger has them as favorites to win it all. If they don't it's absolutely a disappointment. Not a lie. But a disappointment.

You're absolutely right, Boozer is no slouch. He's just never on the court. He's missed a couple months of basketball already. And the Bulls are still #1 in the East. Same with Noah. When the #2 and #3 options on your team combine to miss over 3 months of the regular season that says what Rose is really doing. he's the only offensive threat on the team. Bulls have the best D in the league, sure, but that doesn't matter for much if you don't score anything. Deng/Bogans/Korver/Brewer/Thomas/Asik...They aren't play makers or shot creators. They feed off what Rose sets up.

As a Bulls fans I have to say slow down, homie....lol..The Bulls are killing it right now...But it won't be a disappointment if they don't win it all...Let's concentrate on getting out of that 1st round...Then everything else is gravy...The true do-or-die moment for the Bulls will be in the future when they get a credible starting SG to run with Rose and Deng....That's when they will be true odds on favorites...

As for paying attention to Hollinger...That dude is a f*cking joke...lol

I don't pay dude any mind because he's all-stats and no reality....

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 06:39 PM
As a Bulls fans I have to say slow down, homie....lol..The Bulls are killing it right now...But it won't be a disappointment if they don't win it all...Let's concentrate on getting out of that 1st round...Then everything else is gravy...The true do-or-die moment for the Bulls will be in the future when they get a credible starting SG to run with Rose and Deng....That's when they will be true odds on favorites...

As for paying attention to Hollinger...That dude is a f*cking joke...lol

I don't pay dude any mind because he's all-stats and no reality....
Seriously.

People giving Hollinger credibility is a joke. He is no end all, be all basketball mind.

If they make it to the ECF, I'll be happy. Hell making it to the second round would be playing with house money from then on.

imdaman99
03-27-2011, 06:41 PM
SO much hate? When you have someone who isn't even the MVP of the league, already being declared the MVP of the league by most, he's getting less hate than you think he is.

Stop being paranoid :facepalm

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 06:42 PM
SO much hate? When you have someone who isn't even the MVP of the league, already being declared the MVP of the league by most, he's getting less hate than you think he is.

Stop being paranoid :facepalm
So when lebron wasn't the MVP and was getting all the MVP talk, did you feel the same way?

Myth
03-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Because they're all like...

I love those commercials.

Anyway, I think the answer to the original question is insecurity.

50inchvertical
03-27-2011, 06:59 PM
What is that a commercial for? :oldlol:

And anyways, the hype is starting to supercede the reality IMO and getting to some people's nerves, just like it did when people got tired of everyone loving Kobe and hearing about him.

Like I'm looking at the Durant is funny topic in the main forum, first post is about Derrick Rose and completely derailed the thread.

There are more Rose threads on the front page than any other entire team. I don't let it bother me but I see how people can get bothered.

imdaman99
03-27-2011, 07:09 PM
So when lebron wasn't the MVP and was getting all the MVP talk, did you feel the same way?
Well there was a time when Lebron was above the rest in terms of MVP... he was putting up ridiculous stats and the Heat were winning like 20 out of 21 or something like that. I don't like Lebron at all but I didn't have a problem with that. Rose is winning, but he is not putting up ridiculous stats. He is doing enough to win the games with poor shooting %s

Rose
03-27-2011, 07:13 PM
I love those commercials.

Anyway, I think the answer to the original question is insecurity.
Score my .gif is taking off!

And do I as well, they crack my ass up.

Myth
03-27-2011, 07:23 PM
What is that a commercial for? :oldlol:

Cheese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyRvzeNuqa4