PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best offensive player in the NBA currently?

Notorious D.M.C
04-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Meaning the most ways to score.

Bigsmoke
04-02-2011, 01:13 AM
LeBron James

u cant beat 26ppg on nearly 51% shooting with 7 assists

Batz
04-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Carmelo and Kobe.

KG5MVP
04-02-2011, 01:15 AM
lebron james

kobe can't drive anymore

fubu05
04-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Yeh most ways to score is.

1. Carmelo & Kobe

Rest of league.

Those guys have such polished, and complete offensive games its ridiculous.

Bigsmoke
04-02-2011, 01:16 AM
Carmelo and Kobe.

scorer maybe

i think Lebron could carry an entire teams offense more effectively than Melo.

Batz
04-02-2011, 01:17 AM
lebron james

kobe can't drive anymore
He forget how to dribble? thisismetakinganothermockatyourlackofbasketballkno wledgewhichibetcomesfromthefactthatyou'veneverplay edbasketballever

scorer maybe

Most ways to score you boob.

elementally morale
04-02-2011, 01:18 AM

Most ways?
That is not a contest.

Bryant.

fubu05
04-02-2011, 01:19 AM
scorer maybe

Read OP. Most ways to score.

Take you off the dribble? Both but Bron obviously better

Jumper? Both but Melo has the upper hand

Post-Game? Melo

Creating space? Melo

Melo spins, jab step, post up, fade, one-dribble pull-up, turn-around fade.

Melo scores in more ways.

Notorious D.M.C
04-02-2011, 01:20 AM
My vote goes to Carmelo. He can shoot and drive and has a nice post game.

Stuckey
04-02-2011, 01:20 AM
in terms of skills, it's melo and kobe

in terms of effectiveness , lebron and dwight

Notorious D.M.C
04-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Read OP. Most ways to score.

Take you off the dribble? Both but Bron obviously better

Jumper? Both but Melo has the upper hand

Post-Game? Melo

Creating space? Melo

Melo spins, jab step, post up, fade, one-dribble pull-up, turn-around fade.

Melo scores in more ways.

couldn't have said it any better

Bigsmoke
04-02-2011, 01:21 AM
He forget how to dribble? thisismetakinganothermockatyourlackofbasketballkno wledgewhichibetcomesfromthefactthatyou'veneverplay edbasketballever

Most ways to score you boob.

did u just call me a tittie?

awesome.

how are u gonna ask who the best offensively and just say "Meaning the most ways to score"

wack layout

fubu05
04-02-2011, 01:22 AM

awesome.

how are u gonna ask who the best offensively and just say "Meaning the most ways to score"

wack layout

You're dumb, read OP.

Notorious D.M.C
04-02-2011, 01:23 AM

awesome.

wack layout

best offensive player means the most ways to score. Best offensive player doesn't mean who leads the league in scoring. Best offensive player in NBA = the most complete offensive arsenal. I thought I made that clear you ignorant prick.

macpierce
04-02-2011, 01:26 AM
probably carmelo today
I would of say kobe 4-5 years ago easily

Bigsmoke
04-02-2011, 01:26 AM
best offensive player means the most ways to score. Best offensive player doesn't mean who leads the league in scoring. Best offensive player in NBA = the most complete offensive arsenal. I thought I made that clear you ignorant prick.

that would be "scorer"

Nash was never Paul Pierce when it comes to scoring but clearly a better offensive player.

the best offensive player is LeBron

tommy3
04-02-2011, 01:27 AM
There's a difference between scoring and being a great offensive player. Decide which one are you asking OP.

Notorious D.M.C
04-02-2011, 01:28 AM
that would be "scorer"

Nash was never Paul Pierce when it comes to scoring but clearly a better offensive player.

the best offensive player is LeBron

..now you are just nitpicking. Pierce > Nash any day of the week. Don't give me efficiency crap. Pierce just has more ways to score. how many go to moves does LeBron have?

Notorious D.M.C
04-02-2011, 01:28 AM
There's a difference between scoring and being a great offensive player. Decide which one are you asking OP.

most ways to score. harder to stop one on one.

DMAVS41
04-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Scorer? Durant.

Overall offensively? Lebron or Wade.

LBJFTW
04-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Best pure scorer: Lebron
Most variety of moves to score: Melo with only a **** hair adv over Kobe

Clippersfan86
04-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Guys he already clarified that he means most expansive and versatile offensive game. The top 3 are clear as day in that scenario.

1. Melo
2. Kobe
3. Monta Ellis

I'm really surprised not one of you said Monta. Like Kobe and Melo he can kill you from anywhere on the floor effectively and has tons of moves, countermoves and skill on offense.

lakerspng
04-02-2011, 01:32 AM
how could anyone put lebron? seriously?

He has like 1 move, attack the rim. Take that away, what's he going to do, pass out to a 3 point shooter and stand around?

His 1 move is great, but that doesn't make him a complete offensive player.

I'm Seriously
04-02-2011, 01:43 AM
..now you are just nitpicking. Pierce > Nash any day of the week. Don't give me efficiency crap. Pierce just has more ways to score. how many go to moves does LeBron have?

lolwut

Yes, Paul Pierce is a better scorer than Nash, and he does have more "ways to score" but i'm pretty sure passing is also apart of offense.

Steve Nash is one of the greatest passers ever, Paul Pierce.....is not.

As for the actual question of "the most ways to score"

Probably Melo, but he's not the best overall offensive player in the league.

az00m
04-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Tyson Chandler. He is the best offensive player in the league.

EnoughSaid
04-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Melo in terms of being able to score the most ways. LeBron is the most efficient scorer though.

LA KB24
04-02-2011, 03:01 AM
Melo is the most versatile scorer in the league. I just wish he'd work on his shot selection, he'd be a 47-48% career shooter if didn't take dumb shots.

SYM86
04-02-2011, 03:55 AM
LeBron James

u cant beat 26ppg on nearly 51% shooting with 7 assists

MOST way to SCORE!

Lebron shoots 51% because he's quick for his position no one can stop him driving in but he doesn't have the MOST way to score. he's the type of player get knock the **** down in the 80s too bad our era is freaking weak.

I will say Dirk, Kobe and Wade maybe Pierce tooo he's freaking sneaky, yea and melo

BarberSchool
04-02-2011, 04:08 AM
LeBron James

u cant beat 26ppg on nearly 51% shooting with 7 assistsCorrect.

talkingconch
04-02-2011, 04:12 AM
That would be Carmelo Anthony

Christofire
04-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Carmelo and Kobe.

throw Pierce in there too

Christofire
04-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Melo is the most versatile scorer in the league. I just wish he'd work on his shot selection, he'd be a 47-48% career shooter if didn't take dumb shots.

Lol....I love Kobe but, you can say the same for him...

Carmelo in my opinion is the best post player in the league regardless of position...He's unstoppable down there and gets hacked ALOT but doesnt gets the calls

donxcore
04-02-2011, 04:26 AM
Melo & Kevin Durant.

KD slightly because I saw LBJ having a hard time trying to guard his jump shot in the Heats vs. Thunders game.

Harison
04-02-2011, 04:30 AM
By the title - Lebron, what OP asks: Melo/Kobe.

opps
04-02-2011, 04:36 AM
1.Kobe
2.Melo

Clutch
04-02-2011, 04:48 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197194_10150144441089449_722139448_6439525_2063518 _n.jpg

donald_trump
04-02-2011, 05:30 AM

no it doesnt. thats your incorrect definition you pulled out of your ass.

the best offensive player is the one that does it most efficiently and is able to score a fair bit.

the one who has the most moves, earns the title of most offensive moves. nothing else.

you could have a million moves and shoot 5%. doesnt mean youre the best offensive player.

olddangerfield
04-02-2011, 05:37 AM
There are some really retarded posters on here. It's still Kobe by a mile, only him and a handful of other players can score consistently down the stretch.

Same cannot be said of Lechoke.

iDunk
04-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Carmelo, Durant is a close second.

madmax
04-02-2011, 06:15 AM
Lebron

thread/

TAZORAC
04-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Kobe Bryant is a great player, but has NEVER been the best scorer in the NBA. Mcgrady use to be now it's Anthony

thomaspynchon
04-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Tyson Chandler. He is the best offensive player in the league.

This.

Rnbizzle
04-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Kobe > Melo > Wade/Pierce based on the array of moves they put on display on a nightly basis.

PurpleChuck
04-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Dwyane Wade and Lebron James.

jlauber
04-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Kobe Bryant is a great player, but has NEVER been the best scorer in the NBA. Mcgrady use to be now it's Anthony

35.4 ppg in a league that averaged 97 ppg. 81 point game. 62 points in a game in which he left after three quarters. Nine straight games of 40+. SEVERAL 30+ ppg post-seasons. Only a complete IDIOT would say that he has not been one of the greatest scorers of ALL-TIME.

And, BTW, how many times have you read the terms "Carmelo stopper", or "McGrady stopper", as we ROUTINELY read for the so-called "Kobe-stoppers", NONE of whom came close to doing so.

Optimus Prime
04-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Kobe Bryant, with honorable mention to Kevin Durant.

Ikill
04-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Melo

Cangri
04-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Between Carmelo and Durant.

KB2clutch
04-02-2011, 12:13 PM
everyone who says someone other than kobe, you're not cool, dumbass hipsters who think choosing a retarded option makes them look knowledgable. This is the easiest question that could possibly be asked, 81pts, 62 in 3 quarters, best midrange in the game, best perimeter player post game, holds the record for 3pointers made, averaged 40 points in a month and the list goes on

RJChPD
04-02-2011, 12:20 PM
no it doesnt. thats your incorrect definition you pulled out of your ass.

the best offensive player is the one that does it most efficiently and is able to score a fair bit.

the one who has the most moves, earns the title of most offensive moves. nothing else.

you could have a million moves and shoot 5%. doesnt mean youre the best offensive player.

I agree with you. The question should be who has the most offensive moves or ways to score. What is the point if you have all these ways to score but you can't do it consistently or efficiently.

Kingwillball
04-02-2011, 02:11 PM
in terms of skills, it's melo and kobe

in terms of effectiveness , lebron and dwight

That is a Fair statement..Also Throw Durant in the Mix

Kingwillball
04-02-2011, 02:13 PM
everyone who says someone other than kobe, you're not cool, dumbass hipsters who think choosing a retarded option makes them look knowledgable. This is the easiest question that could possibly be asked, 81pts, 62 in 3 quarters, best midrange in the game, best perimeter player post game, holds the record for 3pointers made, averaged 40 points in a month and the list goes on

Kobe is in the Conversation but it isn't 2004 anymore..he is not as dominant as he used to be scoring.

Bigsmoke
04-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Kobe is in the Conversation but it isn't 2004 anymore..he is not as dominant as he used to be scoring.

2004? :oldlol:

Kobe now > he was in 2004

Calabis
04-02-2011, 02:29 PM
There is not another player in the league as skilled as Kobe, if your talking the most ways to score, he can shoot, drive, post up........he's still the best in the game when it comes to multiple ways of doing it....if your looking for more consistent, then other players can make this list

DaHeezy
04-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Has nobody mentioned Paul Pierce yet? We are talking about the MOST ways to score and not averages. PP is still up there and may be the most prolific.

DaHeezy
04-02-2011, 02:32 PM
throw Pierce in there too

Sorry, didn't mean to skip

FatComputerNerd
04-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Most of the obvious choices have been mentioned: Lebron, Durant, Dirk, 'Melo, Kobe, Wade, Pierce (not trying to name these in order btw)

I am kinda surprised Rose hasn't gotten a single mention. I don't think he is #1 but he is def. a guy I would strongly consider. He is one of those guys who you can give the ball to as a go-to scorer, and know he's gonna get you 2 points when it counts.

NY-Knicks
04-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Most ways to score - Carmelo and Kobe.

Lebron's jumper is too shaky and his off-ball play is too weak to be considered. He's the most efficient and dominant but has a very limited offensive game. He'd have trouble adapting to certain offenses where he isn't ball dominant nor the point forward. He needs to have the ball in his hands to be effective and in my opinion is pretty horrible at moving/working without the ball.

NY-Knicks
04-02-2011, 02:40 PM
2004? :oldlol:

Kobe now > he was in 2004

hahaha he kinda chose the wrong year. :oldlol:

The_Yearning
04-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Melo has to be the most overrated offensive player of all time along with Durant...

Kobe is the best offensive player the NBA has seen this decade.

Point blank.

Nastradamus
04-02-2011, 03:14 PM
lebron james

kobe can't drive anymore

Bron can't do any of the things that Kobe does either. Kobe all day. When the defense is focused and there is a hand or 2 in your face, he'll still make the big shot(see Phoenix series last year). Kobe does more to make his teammates better despite

Also Kobe looks more recovered form his knee issue, he has been a lot more explosive lately. Another thing too, the triangle, especially with the bigs LA has, doesn't as Kobe to drive to the hole and dish like D.Rose and Lebron. If you let Kobe freelance and moved all the bigs out of the lane like Miami does, he'd run wild on people. Kobe knows how to set the offense up and get the ball out of his hands. This is also why he takes a lot of low percentage shots at the end of the shotclock.

bdreason
04-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Most diverse scorers are probably Melo and Kobe.

Best offensive player is LeBron James. Steve Nash probably deserves a mention too.

RJChPD
04-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Most ways to score - Carmelo and Kobe.

Lebron's jumper is too shaky and his off-ball play is too weak to be considered. He's the most efficient and dominant but has a very limited offensive game. He'd have trouble adapting to certain offenses where he isn't ball dominant nor the point forward. He needs to have the ball in his hands to be effective and in my opinion is pretty horrible at moving/working without the ball.

Watch the games my friend. This is the biggest myth as far as Lebron is concerned.

bdreason
04-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Most of the obvious choices have been mentioned: Lebron, Durant, Dirk, 'Melo, Kobe, Wade, Pierce (not trying to name these in order btw)

I am kinda surprised Rose hasn't gotten a single mention. I don't think he is #1 but he is def. a guy I would strongly consider. He is one of those guys who you can give the ball to as a go-to scorer, and know he's gonna get you 2 points when it counts.

I thought of Rose too for offensive player. He can get buckets at will, controls the tempo, and also sets his teammates up all game. I think people are still a bit shocked by Rose's progression this year. Next season he will have a lot more notoriety, especially if continues his play through the playoffs and/or wins MVP.

PowerGlove
04-02-2011, 03:21 PM
:applause:

BlackJoker23
04-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Then you're not asking who the best offensive player in the NBA is, genius.

Guys, who's the best defensive player in the NBA?
Meaning best shot blocker. :facepalm

Notorious D.M.C
04-02-2011, 03:56 PM

of course everyone has their own meaning so that's why I put most ways to score or versatile. Sometimes reading books or even a newspaper helps :facepalm

RJChPD
04-02-2011, 03:59 PM

:applause: . I see most people here confuse versatility with effectiveness.

fubu05
04-02-2011, 04:02 PM

Disagree.

Would be similar as who's the best defensive player, meaning being able to do all four of defend one-on-one, provide great help defense, get steals, and block shots.

Harrison_Barnes
04-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Melo / Kobe for most ways.

Wade / Lebron for efficiency.

ShaqAttack3234
04-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Most versatile scorer is either Kobe or Carmelo, I'd still probably go with Kobe.

But best offensive player by the correct definition? That would be Lebron....easily.

Indian guy
04-02-2011, 05:02 PM
If we're just talking about making plays - then I'd call it a 3 way tie between LeBron, Kobe and Wade. If we're going by actual production, then I don't see how it isn't LeBron. Nobody compares to his combo of scoring/assists/efficiency, and nobody's played on better offensive teams over the past 3 years either.

kaiiu
04-02-2011, 05:05 PM
If we're just talking about making plays - then I'd call it a 3 way tie between LeBron, Kobe and Wade.
But were not f@ggot, so pick someone :rolleyes:

pauk
04-02-2011, 05:26 PM
lebron averages 27 ppg on 51% fg and 7 apg.......
there is no more versatile player than lebron.... dude dominates like up to 5 positions offensively..........
he is arguably the best scorer in the nba while arguably being the best passer in the game to..... u cant say that about anybody else...

meanwhile being #2 in clutch stats and still having the most gamewinners (under 2003-2009) www.82games.com

i dont care how biased u are for likin ur favorite player.... but lets be real here... this aint even close to debatable... #2 spot i give to wade tho

pauk
04-02-2011, 05:32 PM

offensive player

and

scorer

are 2 different things.............

offensive player = lebron

scorer = lebron.... still... :confusedshrug:

seriously.... who has more ways to score than lebron? at one particular time u could say kobe.... but today... nope...

alenleomessi
04-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Lebron by far

Doranku
04-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Most ways to score? Easily Bryant and Melo.

lol @ people saying LeBron. Dude has no post game, can't shoot, and is still below average off the ball.

pauk
04-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Most ways to score? Easily Lebron & Kobe.

lol @ people saying Melo.

fixed... i can understand if u say kobe...

but melo doesnt belong here....

all he does is chuck jumpshots from midrange.... MELO DOES NOT HAVE THE LEVEL OF SCORING ARSENAL OF KOBE & LEBRON............... NOT EVEN OF WADE....

melo is not that CREATIVE.... u would never see melo pass the ball of the backboard and lay it over everybody... u would never see melo fake pivot spin and shoot.... u would never see melo shoot it from behind the backboard....

NEVER

and u know how much i dislike kobe... but i would never diss his actual talents-skills he actually is good at..... i never dissed kobes game... only his mindset....

kaiiu
04-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Lol at ppl saying lebron. Below average jumper. Below average ball handles. Still can't shoot 80% from the free throw line. Horrible post game. No first step. Its all using his physical advantages to bulldoze to the hoop and volume three point shooting :oldlol:

asdf1990
04-02-2011, 05:44 PM

lol @ people saying LeBron. Dude has no post game, can't shoot, and is still below average off the ball.

funny melo and kobe can do that and they struggle to make it past 46% shooting. Give me 27 ppg on 51 % fg over 25.5 ppg/45% fg any day of the week. What good is all that arsenal if u can't score efficiently?

ballup
04-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Since we are splitting hairs (not the most straight saying I know) here, Lebron has the best overall offense. He gets to the rim at will, has a respectable jumper to the contrary of what most people believe, and creates plays for others at a higher level than any other non point guard.

For the players with the best scoring arsenal, it's a toss up between Kobe, Melo, and Pierce. All have post games, midrange games, slashing, and can shoot the 3. Thing is, each one has strengths over the other two players. Not that they all have an equal advantage over the other, but this would require a very in depth analysis.

pauk
04-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Dude has no post game, can't shoot, and is still below average off the ball.

i wonder when this myth will end seriously? has NO POST GAME??? when he sits there there everyday whenever he decides to and totally ragdolls people down there....... :facepalm

lebron is no hakeem the dream in the post.... but HE HAS GREAT POST GAME (i just wish he used it more).... not like he needs it at this stage anyways... but ok... i mean cmon... if u had his scoring, ballhandling at that body & athleticism u would never post somebody up.... u would drive by him or jump over him..... why give the ****ed a chanse to defend u and give a chanse to team defense to stack up on you when u could just humiliated him with a quick explosion to the basket???

wheelchair pierce for example and so on post up more than lebron for a REASON..... not because they are better at it...

Doranku
04-02-2011, 05:50 PM
funny melo and kobe can do that and they struggle to make it past 46% shooting. Give me 27 ppg on 51 % fg over 25.5 ppg/45% fg any day of the week. What good is all that arsenal if u can't score efficiently?

I was simply answering based on the OP's definition of "most ways to score". LeBron is easily the most productive and efficient scorer and offensive player in the league today.

catquickspider
04-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Bulldozing your way towards the basket and free throws while having no post game and weak jump shot is not MOST WAYS TO SCORE.

Lebron may be the one of the most efficient but his arsenal is pretty weak.

madmax
04-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Bulldozing your way towards the basket and free throws while having no post game and weak jump shot is not MOST WAYS TO SCORE.

Lebron may be the one of the most efficient but his arsenal is pretty weak.

it seems like Bron haters have this fixation with some mythical "arsenal", which he supposedly lacks. Let me ask you this question then - what good is this arsenal if you STILL CAN'T SHOOT EFFICIENTLY from the floor? All these fancy moves which end up in bricks are still worth the same as missing a shot - simple as that. No one cares how you put the ball in the hoop as long as you do it frequently and efficiently. Seriously, why is this concept so alien to some nerds here?:facepalm

Bigsmoke
04-02-2011, 09:13 PM

if he isnt one of the best scores then is he scoring more than Melo and Kobe with a much better FG%

RJChPD
04-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Most versatile scorer is either Kobe or Carmelo, I'd still probably go with Kobe.

But best offensive player by the correct definition? That would be Lebron....easily.

I agree with this.