PDA

View Full Version : who's better and who's had the better career? wade or gasol?

A.R.T
04-03-2011, 10:06 PM
neither has made it out of the first round without a superior player (shaq for wade, kobe for gasol). both are the best 2nd options in the game today.

i'll take gasol. ppl call him soft but you don't see him sitting out an entire season taking hgh to recover from a shoulder injury that he had to be wheelchaired out of the game from.

gasol is a much better defender than wade as well. dominated the best center in the league in 09 finals while wade was getting torched by joe johnson :roll:

gasol has two rings to wade's 1, which was giftwrapped anyway. gasol put up solid averages without any preferential treatment from the refs while wade needed 30 FTs a game to have a good series

so for career its obviously gasol, and i think gasol is also a better player as of right now than wade :pimp:

SinJackal
04-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Wade. He's been considerably better, and more popular.

Even now, LA fans shit on Gasol whenever they get the chance. I don't think I've seen a single LA loss thread that didn't involve at least 15 posts blaming Gasol for the loss even if he was like 26/14 shooting 60%. His couple of misses would be the "reason" why they lost.

BlackWhiteGreen
04-03-2011, 10:14 PM
You could argue Wade was 1b to Shaq's 1a in 06, couldn't you? Wade is still my favourite of the two, Gasol has been inconsistent even with the Lakers.

A.R.T
04-03-2011, 10:14 PM

Even now, LA fans shit on Gasol whenever they get the chance. I don't think I've seen a single LA loss thread that didn't involve at least 15 posts blaming Gasol for the loss even if he was like 26/14 shooting 60%. His couple of misses would be the "reason" why they lost.

what does popularity and lakers fans overreactions have to do with who's the better player? :facepalm

he's only been more popular because of his flashy play. its the same reason why duncan was never that popular despite being the best player in the league for some time. and now, gasol just gets overshadowed cuz he plays with kobe.

LA gasol is much better than memphis gasol, i bet if he was the #1 option of a team he'd be putting up 24/12 kinda numbers, easily comparable to wade's and when you factor in wade getting a plethora more superstar calls than gasol and defense, i'd give gasol the edge.

A.R.T
04-03-2011, 10:15 PM
You could argue Wade was 1b to Shaq's 1a in 06, couldn't you? Wade is still my favourite of the two, Gasol has been inconsistent even with the Lakers.

gasol has been nothing but consistent for LA in the playoffs, yet wade is losing series to the lowly hawks and getting outplayed by JJ...

Hulk Hogan
04-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Gasol > Wade easily...

Heat007
04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
gasol has two rings to wade's 1, which was giftwrapped anyway

Forget Gasol, Wade has always been a better SG than Kobe. And Gasol has rings because combined Bynum.Gasol.Odom is the best front court in basketball - show me where all 3 front court players had 20+ PER as the lakers have. Those guys have been bailing out kobe's stupidity like i have never seen a star being bailed out so often in history (and it was also proven in the olympics when Wade destroyed kobe in just about every facet with another great team there bailing out kobe's poor play and shot jacking)

But to your stupid comment on the ring-

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=126843

Interesting facts:

In this playoff run, Dirk Nowitzki sets a record for most FT's hit during the playoffs shooting 209-229. Wade on the other hand shoots 202-250 with both players playing 23 games in the playoffs that year. For a player who is more of a slasher, Wade only managed to get 21 more free throws? So I guess it really is rigged, right? :rolleyes:

Furthermore, Wade shot 10 and 14 free throws in the first two games, so its not like he just got more free throws the next few games. He was already getting to the line a lot.

The total foul count in the series was 146 fouls commited by the Miami Heat and 160 fouls commited by the Mavericks. Fairly equal if anything. Furthermore, it's amazing it was soo close considering the Heat have Shaq and Wade on their team. Wade is a driver who gets a lot of free throws anyway, and Shaq is a guy who teams love to send to the line. Also, the Mavericks were more of a jumpshooting teams, with most of their driving coming from Harris and Howard.

Quick facts:
Miami outrebounded the Mavs in 4 of the 6 games in the series.
In the 4 games Miami won, they shot better in 3 of those matchups, with the only time they shot worse being by .8 of a %.
Miami shot less threes then the Dallas team in 5 of the 6 games. The one time they shot more threes then the Dallas team, they lost.

Game 3:
Mavericks up 83-71 with 8:30 left. A lot of people claim that the refs took over here and helped guide Wade to victory.
Up to the 3rd quarter Wade had shot 15 free throws. In the 4th quarter, Wade shot only 3 free throws, and only 1 free throw within the 8:30 left. So the two other free throws he shot were before the 12 point lead the Mavs had.

Not to mention with the game score was 97-95 in favor of the Heat with 3 seconds to go and Dirk gets given 2 free throws. So the Mavs were given a chance to tie the game, and Dirk only hit 1 of 2 free throws to make the score 97-96 in favor of the Heat.

So in actual fact, Wade got no free throws in that 8:30, due to the free throws he recieved being out of desperation and the Mavs hacking to be able to get another shot off. So a total of 0 shooting fouls were called for Wade in the 4th.

Game 4:
98-74 win for the Heat. Mavs shot 31% and Wade had 9 free throws. Nothing to talk about really. Mavs completely outplayed.

Game 5:
This is the game where Wade goes onto shoot as many free throws as the entire Dallas team. 21-25 went Wade and 21-25 went Dallas. Game went into overtime as well.
Wade had 22 points going into the 4th quarter. Wade scored 17 in the 4th quarter with the last 6 points all coming from jumpers. Even the game tying shot was a jumper to level the game at 93-93 with 2 seconds left. No free throws needed. 7 of Wade's 17 points came from FT's. So he basically maintained his average foul shot per quarter rate in the 4th.

Then in the overtime, the score was 100-99 in favor of the Mavs with 2 seconds left and Wade was given 2 free throws. As many of you know, at the time there was great debate as to whether this was a foul or not. The play involved Harris and Nowitzki both hacking Wade and Nowitzki being called for the foul.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/0618/nba_g_wade_395.jpg

That was the play for those who have forgot. Many people say this wasn't a foul. Now take a look at what happened on this play:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7888/foul8sx.gif
Harris' leg clearly fouling Wade.

Also:
Dirk giving Wade a huge shove, just look at the amount of contact.

http://i6.tinypic.com/14vo5n7.jpg

Not to mention Harris grabbed Wade's other hand on the way to the basket, but I don't have a picture. He didn't just slap it, but grabbed it and didn't allow Wade to have shooting motion. That is a foul even in late game situations. Two players hacking and getting a huge amount of contact. On his leg, one arm and pushing on his back. That has to get called even in the dying seconds.

EDIT: Picture found.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1121/nba_g_wade_600.jpg

Harris' grabbing Wade's shooting arm, pretty much not allowing a shot to be attempted.

Game 6:
Heat win the championship with a 95-92 win.

TaLvsCuaL
04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
This comparison is ridiculous, and I fear that the only objective is to create a surge of idiots who mess with Gasol to argue that Wade is better. Im Spaniard, and I'm probably one of the strongest advocates praise of Pau in the forum, and I can say without any doubt that Wade is a better player, and only by how he got his ring also has a better career. Close the thread.

SinJackal
04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
what does popularity and lakers fans overreactions have to do with who's the better player? :facepalm

he's only been more popular because of his flashy play. its the same reason why duncan was never that popular despite being the best player in the league for some time. and now, gasol just gets overshadowed cuz he plays with kobe.

LA gasol is much better than memphis gasol, i bet if he was the #1 option of a team he'd be putting up 24/12 kinda numbers, easily comparable to wade's and when you factor in wade getting a plethora more superstar calls than gasol and defense, i'd give gasol the edge.

There isn't even an argument as to who's the better player. It's obvious Wade, and by a fairly sizeable margin. Of course the fans have nothing to do with who's a better player. I never said they did. Not sure why you're responding to me as if I did.

The point is that Wade's career has been better. He's the better player, he's been in superstar status for almost his entire career. His own fans don't turn on him when he has a shitty game, where as Gasol fans do.

As for Gasol being the #1 option, he was with the Grizzlies. He had even lower stats than he did with the Lakers. So I don't agree with you on that one, nor do I agree that he'd get more superstar calls. Big men don't get superstar calls. It's always the more popular perimeter players.

A.R.T
04-03-2011, 10:23 PM
wtf Heat007? :roll: this thread has nothing to do with kobe, why are you even mentioning him?

all i see is a bunch of excuses for why wade shot 30 FTs a game. unfortunately, you neglect to mention all of the missed calls that dallas got and absurd non-shooting fouls that wade drew.

theres a reason wade hasnt won a playoff series since shaq left.... now he has lebron and bosh to carry him in the playoffs. must be nice, getting shaq, playing 8 on 5 in the finals, and then a lebron/bosh combo.

magnax1
04-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I've truly never seen a less logical connection then Wade and fake calls. People point out Wade, when he gets to the rim all the time, and get's some pretty heavy duty fouls on him, but then Kobe and Durant constantly get those ticky tack perimeter fouls, and nobody calls out them?
Really how does this make sense? At all? What so ever?

A.R.T
04-03-2011, 10:28 PM
There isn't even an argument as to who's the better player. It's obvious Wade, and by a fairly sizeable margin. Of course the fans have nothing to do with who's a better player. I never said they did. Not sure why you're responding to me as if I did.

The point is that Wade's career has been better. He's the better player, he's been in superstar status for almost his entire career. His own fans don't turn on him when he has a shitty game, where as Gasol fans do.

As for Gasol being the #1 option, he was with the Grizzlies. He had even lower stats than he did with the Lakers. So I don't agree with you on that one, nor do I agree that he'd get more superstar calls. Big men don't get superstar calls. It's always the more popular perimeter players.

this is a thread about who's the better player. why even bring it up if it wasnt part of your argument?

like i said, he's gotten better since joining LA. he plays a lot more tougher, and his efficiency as soared in the past 3 years. he shot 58% over the course of ~24 games in the '09 playoffs.

wade hasnt done anything since shaq left. he was awful against atlanta, and his series against boston was by design. doc rivers alluded to it before, they game planned for wade's teammates, they werent throwing double teams and trapping him to limit his performance. and look at that, it worked. boston won the series in 5.

wade is just another perimeter 'superstar' who is vastly overrated due to his flashy guard play.

ballinhun8
04-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Ring The Alarm

Heat 007 Has Come To Defend The Donor Of The Sperm He Guzzes Dwyane Wade

Raise your hand if you didn't see that b*llshit coming. Advanced stats, pics, and youtube. The #1 source for all Heat007's shenanigans.

Dwade305
04-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I've truly never seen a less logical connection then Wade and fake calls. People point out Wade, when he gets to the rim all the time, and get's some pretty heavy duty fouls on him, but then Kobe and Durant constantly get those ticky tack perimeter fouls, and nobody calls out them?
It's the jaw.....the almighty jaw.:eek: Refs get aroused

A.R.T
Ring The Alarm

:roll: dude has automated responses saved on his computer in a word file.

i wonder if he has a shrine of wade in his closet too?

Colby Brian
lol heat007 said wade is already better than kobe :roll:

i bet he thinks wades top 10 all time :roll:

midatlantic09
04-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Is this a serious question? The answer is Wade.

A.R.T
04-03-2011, 10:33 PM

such a stupid argument. kobe and durant draw fouls on their jump shots because they're outstanding shooters. defenders get over-zealous in their attempts to contests and end up hitting them on the wrist or forearm time and time again.

not to mention they're two of the most methodical players in the league. durant's rip through and kobe's array of pump fakes to get defenders out of position give them an advantage for drawing fouls on J's that wade doesn't have. wade's jump shot isn't respected, so of course he isn't going to get these calls... because he isn't getting fouled.

instead, he relies on barreling to the rim lebron-esque to get his calls because the league is pampered and for bigs to jump straight up, they usually call it a foul.

Colby Brian
04-03-2011, 10:37 PM
dwade

A.R.T
04-03-2011, 10:39 PM
thus far the only responses have been "dwade easily" with nothing to back up their opinion and an automated response making excuses for wade averaging 30 FTs a game.

typical ISH :oldlol:

magnax1
04-03-2011, 10:40 PM
such a stupid argument. kobe and durant draw fouls on their jump shots because they're outstanding shooters. defenders get over-zealous in their attempts to contests and end up hitting them on the wrist or forearm time and time again.
So you're basically saying that because Kobe and Durant exploit a rule that is exclusive to the perimeter they're getting the same amount of fouls drawn as players who actually gets inside and gets to the line because it's better then letting the players get a dunk or easy layup?

not to mention they're two of the most methodical players in the league. durant's rip through and kobe's array of pump fakes to get defenders out of position give them an advantage for drawing fouls on J's that wade doesn't have. wade's jump shot isn't respected, so of course he isn't going to get these calls... because he isn't getting fouled.
Look, if they called fouls the same way under the rim, as they do on the perimeter Dwight would end up getting 20 free throws a game. The amount of Bullshit fouls Kobe and Durant get is just insane.

instead, he relies on barreling to the rim lebron-esque to get his calls because the league is pampered and for bigs to jump straight up, they usually call it a foul.
That's just some of the most asinine bullshit I've heard on this forum.

ballerz
better career? gasol

InfiniteBaskets
1. Kobe
2. Gasol

midatlantic09
04-03-2011, 10:41 PM
thus far the only responses have been "dwade easily" with nothing to back up their opinion and an automated response making excuses for wade averaging 30 FTs a game.

typical ISH :oldlol:

As far as overall career goes, it's DWade. Not only is he a top 5 player as far as basketball goes, but he's probably also top 5 for endorsements as well (as far as basketball players go).

Gasol isn't top 5 in anything.

A.R.T
04-03-2011, 10:43 PM
So you're basically saying that because Kobe and Durant exploit a rule that is exclusive to the perimeter they're getting the same amount of fouls drawn as players who actually gets inside and gets to the line because it's better then letting the players get a dunk or easy layup?

Look, if they called fouls the same way under the rim, as they do on the perimeter Dwight would end up getting 20 free throws a game. The amount of Bullshit fouls Kobe and Durant get is just insane.

That's just some of the most asinine bullshit I've heard on this forum.

what? you speak as if every foul that wade draws is an intentional foul to prevent a lay up. most of the calls he gets are absurd because defenders are just jumping straight up to contest the attempt, yet he gets the call because he's dwyane wade.

wade gets far more bullshit calls than kobe does, especially this year. kobe is being treated like nick young ever since the milwaukee incident. durant is arguable, but the extent to which he gets BS calls is largely overblown.

A.R.T
04-03-2011, 10:44 PM
As far as overall career goes, it's DWade. Not only is he a top 5 player as far as basketball goes, but he's probably also top 5 for endorsements as well (as far as basketball players go).

Gasol isn't top 5 in anything.

gasol is the best pf in the league.

Dwade305
04-03-2011, 10:47 PM
gasol is the best pf in the league.
This guy:oldlol:

So butthurt Kobe is getting trolled:roll: :oldlol: :roll:

magnax1
04-03-2011, 10:47 PM
what? you speak as if every foul that wade draws is an intentional foul to prevent a lay up. most of the calls he gets are absurd because defenders are just jumping straight up to contest the attempt, yet he gets the call because he's dwyane wade.

wade gets far more bullshit calls than kobe does, especially this year. kobe is being treated like nick young ever since the milwaukee incident. durant is arguable, but the extent to which he gets BS calls is largely overblown.
:facepalm
Really, I hate that smiley, but I just can't even begin to write a response to this...

A.R.T
04-03-2011, 10:48 PM
This guy:oldlol:

So butthurt Kobe is getting trolled:roll: :oldlol: :roll:

why are so many people on this forum obsessed with kobe? :roll:

i make a thread about gasol and wade, yet half the responses involve kobe bryant. :lol

SavageMode
04-03-2011, 10:54 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/*******.gif

A.R.T
04-04-2011, 01:09 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/*******.gif

typical reply from a brainless troll like yourself :roll:

KOLBCTEW
04-04-2011, 01:37 AM
:oldlol: This entire threat is a joke.

A.R.T
04-04-2011, 01:40 AM
:oldlol: This entire threat is a joke.

fitting :oldlol:

gilalizard
04-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Well, the refs pretty much don't allow anyone to actually defend against Wade. On the rare occasion they don't get called for a phantom foul, Wade cries like a spoiled 2-year-old.

Dwade really is likely the most favored-by-the-refs player in the history of the game.

KOLBCTEW
04-04-2011, 01:52 AM

fitting :oldlol:
It's called a typo.. :roll:

winwin
04-04-2011, 02:03 AM
Gasol

Aiolos
04-04-2011, 02:11 AM
are you clowns serious???

LOL at comparing a lead dog to a second option

and STFU with wade going to be a second option with lebron now

wade will be the man come playoff time

code green
04-04-2011, 09:55 AM
ART copied and pasted his shit like he wrote it.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7105322

PurpleChuck
04-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Dwyane Wade and it ain't even remotely close.

Even Shaq had to ride him to his last ring.:roll:

Wade > Shaq >>>> Gasol on all time rank.:pimp:

A.R.T
04-04-2011, 10:00 AM
ART copied and pasted his shit like he wrote it.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7105322

i think you mean Heat007 bro

i did notice on that post that it says "credit to plowking"... plowking no longer posts here, so either:

a.) Heat007 is plowking, rejuvenated in troll form

or

b.) Heat007 has been around this forum for over 3 years and is just someone's gimmick troll account using other people's arguments because he's too unintelligent to make them himself

either way, :roll:

good find code green

Eat Like A Bosh
04-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Ring The Alarm

Raise your hand if you didn't see that b*llshit coming. Advanced stats, pics, and youtube. The #1 source for all Heat007's shenanigans.
I know!:lol
All that moron does is he/she copies & pastes a bunch of stats about Wade from other sites, and randomly drags players like Kobe and Shaq into the conversation even though we're not talking about them.

Yeah he's all drunk from Wade's man juices.

But tbh, I would take Wade over Gasol. Wade has just been more impressive, yeah, he won the title with refs giving him a lot of free throws, but that was a great performance regardless. Gasol has an all time great in Kobe, and he hasn't been that dominating like a prime Shaq.

Eat Like A Bosh
04-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Dwyane Wade and it ain't even remotely close.

Even Shaq had to ride him to his last ring.:roll:

Wade > Shaq >>>> Gasol on all time rank.:pimp:
Seriously Bro?
Shaq> Wade+ Gasol (all time rankings)

Bigsmoke
04-04-2011, 10:41 AM
2 different positions an d2 different levels.

"Who's better Kobe or Nas?"

Mirjalovic
04-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Dwayne Wade.

Mr Know It All
04-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Wade hasn't done much without Shaq, but Gasol never did anything without Kobe and a stacked Lakers team. Not one playoff win, and basically labelled as only a top 10 power forward who could never be truly elite.

Wade is the far better player (as much as I hate him), and Gasol is simply a very good second banana. But he's never been a top 10 player, let alone top 5 like Wade.

It's Wade in a landslide. Anyone saying otherwise is a moron. And this is coming from someone who was disgusted at the 2006 NBA Finals.

SavageMode
04-04-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't care if you study NBA stats 24/7 or wack off to your Kobe shrine all day, saying Gasol > Wade is beyond ignorant. If you truly believe this then you need help, but if you are trolling cause your Lakers got raped by Denver, moving along then...

Kellogs4toniee
04-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't know whether to take this seriously or not. Gasol is a great player, but Wade is arguably one of the greatest offensive forces ever seen in the NBA. His defense ain't too shabby either. If Lebron never existed, we would be discussing Wade as one of the greatest all-around players ever already.

Rasheed1
04-04-2011, 01:35 PM
D. Wade is better than Gasol like the Sun is hotter than the moon

anybody who hasnt figured this out yet needs to watch a new sport..

A.R.T
04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
still have yet to see any reasoning behind the logic of wade being better other than the unnecessary hype that he gets for being a flashy guard :roll:

gasol is the better defender
gasol is more efficient
gasol is (obviously) a better rebounder
gasol is a better shot blocker
gasol is one of the best passing big men in the league. wade is not one of the best passing guards in the league
gasol's international awards combined with his two finals trophies >>> anything wade has accomplished
gasol as the man led memphis to more wins than wade could as the man (15 wins lolz)
if wade played in the west with the trash that gasol had around him, he wouldn't have any playoff wins as the man either. they probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs..

Kellogs4toniee
04-04-2011, 02:26 PM
still have yet to see any reasoning behind the logic of wade being better other than the unnecessary hype that he gets for being a flashy guard :roll:

gasol is more efficient
gasol is one of the best passing big men in the league. wade is not one of the best passing guards in the league
gasol's international awards combined with his two finals trophies >>> anything wade has accomplished
gasol as the man led memphis to more wins than wade could as the man (15 wins lolz)
if wade played in the west with the trash that gasol had around him, he wouldn't have any playoff wins as the man either. they probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs..

I know your an obvious troll, but I'm bored and it's 10 more min till lunch break so meh. I'll take a jab at it.

What leads you to believe that? Ten years down the road, all people will see is 0 All-NBA Defensive awards for Gasol. In an era with weak big men.

gasol is more efficient
What do you constitute as more efficient? Shooting a higher field goal percentage? Earth to retard, he's a center. Your suppose to be super efficient from a percentage standpoint versus guards. Dwayne Wade has actually been one of the most efficient guards to ever play the game, considering the amount of points and responsibility he puts up.

:roll: Now i'm certain your a troll or retard. Probably both. Gasol isn't even top five in rebounds for centers. Wade however is second best rebounding guard this season.

And Wade is better at steals, assists, 3 point percentage, getting to the line (which translates to points), and points.

Gasol is top five in assists for a center. Wade is top five in assists for a shooting guard.

Better career? Gasol has a case when considering international play. But people don't generally do that, or else Kukoc / Ginobli / etc. would be much higher on peoples all times list. Now who has had a better NBA career? 99% will say Wade. Who's better? 100% will say Wade. Anything else is just trolling, i'm sorry but that's fact. Wade is a better basketball player than Gasol when taking into consideration all aspects such as offense, defense, leadership, intangibles.

Wade missed over 30 games that season. Both had three first round exits as playoff successes as lead-man. But Wade was considered a top 10 player (top three in at least one season) for his duration as the man.

The fact is, without Kobe and the Lakers, you sissy pants would have nothing for Gasol to back up with and pretend like he's some great accomplished NBA player. He would simply just be another PF/Center who is good and all-star material, but would never crack top ten in the league.

Where-as Wade has been an elite player for plenty of years now and will always be elite as long as he is in his prime.

Rnbizzle
04-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Jesus christ.. Pau Gasol is a good player but he's nowhere near as good as Wade..

PJR
04-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Why people even entertained this thread is beyond me.

If Gasol is better than friggin Wade, then LeBron really had no business catching the backlash that he did this summer, huh? :lol

pauk
04-04-2011, 02:46 PM
who's better and who's had the better career? wade or gasol?

http://www.teaminfra.com/files/3/gif/carlwinslow.gif

PurpleChuck
04-04-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.teaminfra.com/files/3/gif/carlwinslow.gif
:roll:

catch24
04-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Kobe isn't even better than Wade, yet somehow this is actually a discussion?

Both career and as a player, Wade >>>> Gasol.

PurpleChuck
04-04-2011, 02:59 PM
A true LA fan.

We are not worthy!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dwade305
04-04-2011, 03:10 PM

Both career and as a player, Wade >>>> Gasol.
Not really a discussion, more like a butthurt Kobe fan trolling cause his hero stunk it up with less than a minute to go.

donald_trump
04-04-2011, 03:27 PM
This. Wade is highly overrated. Gasol is better at EVERYTHING other than slashing to the rim and getting sympathy calls from refs. Gasol gets points taken off because he's white and not from a poor single-parent household.
:oldlol:

go through the list of things he mentioned as to why gasol is better than wade. now do the same comparison using wade and kobe. :oldlol:

wade is the better defender.
wade is more efficient.
wade is a better rebounder.
wade is a better shot blocker.
wade is the best passing sg in the league.
wade in his rookie season led odom and butler to more wins than kobe could when they got traded to the lakers.

as for the gasol and wade comparison. i would say wade by a mile, but its simply disrespecting him. wade by the length of the universe.

Heat007
04-04-2011, 03:29 PM

go through the list of things he mentioned as to why gasol is better than wade. now do the same comparison using wade and kobe. :oldlol:

wade is more efficient.
wade in his rookie season led odom and butler to more wins than kobe could when they got traded to the lakers.

as for the gasol and wade comparison. i would say wade by a mile, but its simply disrespecting him. wade by the length of the universe.

Faker fan totally OWNED!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

/thread

davidenk0
04-04-2011, 03:29 PM

wade is more efficient.

Kobe has 5 rings, 1 MVP and 2 Finals MVP

http://i.imgur.com/DhsIk.jpg

Allstar24
04-04-2011, 03:30 PM
A true LA fan.

We are not worthy!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
In this forum, you gotta put down Kobe to be considered a "true" LA fan :oldlol: Then again, coming from a bandwagoner like you...who are you to judge true fans? I wish the admin would just IP ban all you trolls to make this place more bearable.

donald_trump
04-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Kobe has 5 rings, 1 MVP and 2 Finals MVP

http://i.imgur.com/DhsIk.jpg

i guess if magic, bird or jordan came back they'd be the best player in the nba then... :facepalm

Zack Ryder
04-04-2011, 03:59 PM
BRO ARE YOU SERIOUS? Wade is way better bro and has had the better career.

bro once its all said and done no one will even know who gasol is

catch24
04-04-2011, 04:03 PM
You, sir, are a crackbaby idiot. Go back to sniffing aerosol and leave the basketball talk to the grown-ups.

Wade better than Kobe? LOL. What dimension did we cross over into? Wade has NEVER been better than Kobe and never will be. Wade carried his Shaq-less teams to 15 (LOL. FIFTEEN!) wins, and an outbreak of cold sores in the locker room. Yeah, leaps and bounds better than Kobe. LOL. GTFO, troll.

Right; the year where he missed half the season. Wouldn't expect you to know that considering you probably started watching basketball after '09. :oldlol:

No one said he was leaps and bounds better than Kobe.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/Images/dumbass.jpg

Maybe you can post something coherent when you get some cerebral blood flow.

amfirst
04-04-2011, 04:05 PM
If I was to build a team I would prefer Gasol. Wade can easily replace by a guy like Joe Johnson or Deron Williams.

KOLBCTEW
04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
If I was to build a team I would prefer Gasol. Wade can easily replace by a guy like Joe Johnson or Deron Williams.:oldlol: Wow, Joe Johnson... Really??!!
When Wade said he was underappreciated.. he wasn't lying.

donald_trump
04-04-2011, 04:08 PM
If I was to build a team I would prefer Gasol. Wade can easily replace by a guy like Joe Johnson or Deron Williams.

yeah easy right. joes doing a great job putting up 20ppg...

Juges8932
04-04-2011, 04:27 PM
gasol has been nothing but consistent for LA in the playoffs, yet wade is losing series to the lowly hawks and getting outplayed by JJ...

That is certainly not true. While Gasol is the main reason for LA going from first-round exits to Championships, he has not been consistent by any means. He gets very complacent in some games and gets pushed around and clearly is not making his best effort. This isn't even just Gasol. The only Lakers who, IMO, give it their all every game are: Kobe, Fisher, Ariza/Artest. Gasol, Odom, and the rest of the crew get cocky (oh, we're the champs, we'll just 'win'). He can revert back to how he was in '08 (soft) and get pushed around and really be nonexistent. Of course this is not indicative of his overall impact and play in the playoffs. However, he certainly does not have the consistency you attribute to him having.

Harrison_Barnes
04-04-2011, 05:21 PM
This has got to be a joke. Gasol is not even in the same tier as Wade.

Wade > Gasol (Prime and Career)

Andrei89
04-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Kobe trolls are getting so reidiculous right now:roll: :roll:

OP is a ******

NBASTATMAN
04-04-2011, 07:44 PM

:applause:

A.R.T
04-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Kobe trolls are getting so reidiculous right now

OP is a ******

:roll: u mad doggie. ya boy wade is all hype, i know that must be hard to swallow for a retard stan like you.

go through the list of things he mentioned as to why gasol is better than wade. now do the same comparison using wade and kobe.

wade is more efficient.

:facepalm @ the bold

how many years wade make the defensive 1st team? now what about Kobe? thought so. kobe is older, dude is saving himself on the defensive end. i don't remember wade shutting down rondo the way kobe has in two of the past three years.

wade is only averaging more rebounds because he plays with rupaul as his pf and garbage center #1, 2, and 3. kobe is still averaging 5+ boards despite playing with three terrific rebounding bigs in bynum, gasol, and odom.

best passing sg in the league? :roll: trollllllllllll

kobe probably would have one 50+ games with odom and butler if he played in the lowly east

gtfo out of here with that noise. u are a true retard :facepalm

Right; the year where he missed half the season. Wouldn't expect you to know that considering you probably started watching basketball after '09. :oldlol:

No one said he was leaps and bounds better than Kobe.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/Images/dumbass.jpg

Maybe you can post something coherent when you get some cerebral blood flow.

talking out of your ass seems to be common on this forum. wade played in 51 games in the '07-'08 season; well over half. his team was 10-41 in those games :roll: show me ANY other superstar in the league who led his team to such an awful record.

here, i'll save you the time: you won't.

I know your an obvious troll, but I'm bored and it's 10 more min till lunch break so meh. I'll take a jab at it.

What leads you to believe that? Ten years down the road, all people will see is 0 All-NBA Defensive awards for Gasol. In an era with weak big men.

gasol is more efficient
What do you constitute as more efficient? Shooting a higher field goal percentage? Earth to retard, he's a center. Your suppose to be super efficient from a percentage standpoint versus guards. Dwayne Wade has actually been one of the most efficient guards to ever play the game, considering the amount of points and responsibility he puts up.

:roll: Now i'm certain your a troll or retard. Probably both. Gasol isn't even top five in rebounds for centers. Wade however is second best rebounding guard this season.

And Wade is better at steals, assists, 3 point percentage, getting to the line (which translates to points), and points.

Gasol is top five in assists for a center. Wade is top five in assists for a shooting guard.

Better career? Gasol has a case when considering international play. But people don't generally do that, or else Kukoc / Ginobli / etc. would be much higher on peoples all times list. Now who has had a better NBA career? 99% will say Wade. Who's better? 100% will say Wade. Anything else is just trolling, i'm sorry but that's fact. Wade is a better basketball player than Gasol when taking into consideration all aspects such as offense, defense, leadership, intangibles.

Wade missed over 30 games that season. Both had three first round exits as playoff successes as lead-man. But Wade was considered a top 10 player (top three in at least one season) for his duration as the man.

The fact is, without Kobe and the Lakers, you sissy pants would have nothing for Gasol to back up with and pretend like he's some great accomplished NBA player. He would simply just be another PF/Center who is good and all-star material, but would never crack top ten in the league.

Where-as Wade has been an elite player for plenty of years now and will always be elite as long as he is in his prime.

how about you go watch the '09 finals? gasol's defense on dwight is some of the best defense ever played on dwight. i remember seeing a stat where dwight was 0-18 when guarded straight up by gasol. 0-18. meanwhile, wade is letting joe johnson and prehistoric ray allen torch him in the playoffs.

if i have to explain to you how gasol's higher fg%, higher ft%, far less TO rate, and better defense makes him more efficient, i'd say find a new hobby.

gasol probably isn't in the top 5 rebounds for centers because he isn't a fcking center you moron. :facepalm wade isn't in the top 5 rebounds for PFs, so i guess he's garbage at rebounding too!

leadership? intangibles? how can you use these arguments in favor of wade? :roll: dude led his team to 10 wins out of 51 games, blew game 7 against the hawks for his team, and sat on the sidelines while pierce hit the game winner in a pivotal game 3 for the heat because he didn't want to play defense. he is also the worst superstar in the clutch since 06-07 according to NBATV. something like 5-43.

and without shaq, wade would have nothing except a load of first round exits. two can play at that game breh.

A.R.T
04-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Wade is THE MOST OVERRATED player on these boards. No surprise, since so many jealous little b*tches hate on Kobe and need to root for a rival.

Wade hasn't done sh*t in his career. He piggybacked Shaq to a title that the refs gifted him. What has he won other than that? NOTHINGGG!

I'll take the guy with 5 rings and the unmatched work ethic to the guy with 1 ring who just wants to have f*ck parties and chill.

Maybe that's why you dumb apes like Wade over Kobe so much. He reminds you more of the lazy, good-for-nothing, welfare-scamming sub-humans that you are. No wonder you can't relate to Kobe. He's up at 5am already hitting the gym while you social maggots are taking your last blunt puffs and getting ready to go to bed.

someone with sensibility :applause:

people always like to bring up kobe's rape case (where the charges were dropped because the girl was insane), but no one ever mentions the accounts of Wade's excessive partying where he leaves room services to clean up his heaps of used condoms and trashed room. all while he's engaged :roll:

dude is overrated as a basketball player and as a person. i don't understand the fascination with him, what's to admire? he's a scumbag.

Kellogs4toniee
04-04-2011, 07:59 PM
A thread about who's better between Wade and Gasol actually goes to six pages. :facepalm

Replay32
04-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Wade man. :facepalm

SavageMode
04-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Some people are just delusional...

comerb
04-04-2011, 08:11 PM
This thread is what happens when there are no games on.

comerb
04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Wade is THE MOST OVERRATED player on these boards. No surprise, since so many jealous little b*tches hate on Kobe and need to root for a rival.

Wade hasn't done sh*t in his career. He piggybacked Shaq to a title that the refs gifted him. What has he won other than that? NOTHINGGG!

I'll take the guy with 5 rings and the unmatched work ethic to the guy with 1 ring who just wants to have f*ck parties and chill.

Maybe that's why you dumb apes like Wade over Kobe so much. He reminds you more of the lazy, good-for-nothing, welfare-scamming sub-humans that you are. No wonder you can't relate to Kobe. He's up at 5am already hitting the gym while you social maggots are taking your last blunt puffs and getting ready to go to bed.

You're trying too hard.

Dwade305
04-04-2011, 08:21 PM
This thread is what happens when Kobe has a bad game and gets trolled
fixed

f0und
04-04-2011, 09:18 PM
neither has made it out of the first round without a superior player (shaq for wade, kobe for gasol). both are the best 2nd options in the game today.

i'll take gasol. ppl call him soft but you don't see him sitting out an entire season taking hgh to recover from a shoulder injury that he had to be wheelchaired out of the game from.

gasol is a much better defender than wade as well. dominated the best center in the league in 09 finals while wade was getting torched by joe johnson :roll:

gasol has two rings to wade's 1, which was giftwrapped anyway. gasol put up solid averages without any preferential treatment from the refs while wade needed 30 FTs a game to have a good series

so for career its obviously gasol, and i think gasol is also a better player as of right now than wade :pimp:

first of all, the OP is a moron and this thread is dumb as shit.

and he could at least get his facts straight. wade made it out of the first round his rookie year.

whoartthou
04-04-2011, 09:22 PM
This thread is retarded. Obviously wade is better as an INDIVIDUAL player, but if i wanted a 2nd option, give me gasol all day

catch24
04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
talking out of your ass seems to be common on this forum. wade played in 51 games in the '07-'08 season; well over half. his team was 10-41 in those games :roll: show me ANY other superstar in the league who led his team to such an awful record.

Wait, how many games are there in a season? Oh, that's right, 82. If that's not close to "half" then I don't what is?

Arithmetic sure isn't your strong suite, but neither is your memory, or lack there of. He was playing through multiple injuries (knee and shoulder); nevermind the fact Shaq, Haslem, Williams, Mourning, Ricky Davis, and Shawn Marion missed a HANDFUL of games because of THEIR injuries.

Back to your cave, troll.

JChurches
04-04-2011, 09:38 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Eat Like A Bosh
04-04-2011, 11:32 PM

gasol is more efficient

Good Point.:applause:

I'm wondering why even make this thread? Isn't the answer obvious?
Wade actually was and is one of the top perimeter players in the league, and won a title as the alpha dog.
Gasol, however, was never considered one of the most dominant bigs in the game. Compare Gasol with Prime Shaq, and it's really not close.
I like both guys, but considering just in the NBA, Wade is obviously better.

Heat007
04-04-2011, 11:45 PM
and without shaq, wade would have nothing except a load of first round exits.

Wade took a lottery team on his back in his rookie year and won a 1st round playoff series leading the team in pts, FG% and assists... with MANY clutch moments in that playoff run. And they almost beat the #1 seed with the best record in the NBA in the 2nd round. Wade also led them to a winning record in the regular season (again, that was a lottery team). During that season the team had a 8-13 record when Wade missed 21 games

Kobe had 3 starters from that 03/04 Heat team on his Lakers in 04/05. And in the games Kobe was healthy they had a 28-37 record... missed the playoffs with a horrible record with Wade's supporting cast from 03/04 on that Lakers team.

Then in his 2nd season Shaq missed the majority of the first two rounds of the playoffs. Wade led them to series wins with Epic Jordanesque performances like this one closing a series with Shaq in a suit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcmgy89_DNs

Wade's stat line was 42/7/4/2/1 (over 50%)

Later in that playoff run the Heat were up 3 games to 2 on the Pistons in the conference finals when Wade got injured. if Wade didn't get hurt everyone knows the Heat win the title that year - in just his 2nd season leading a team.

That Pistons team the Heat were up on 3 games to 2 in 2005 when Wade got hurt, killed the Lakers in the 04 Finals in 5 games, blowing them out in 3 games.. Kobe shot a terrible 37% and looked like shit against that defense of the decade.

Then in the 2006 playoffs Wade had a playoff run that we haven't seen from a guard since Jordan. A playoff run for the ages. Setting records for steals in a series and an incredibly mature all-around game for a player just 2-3 years into the league. Shooting 62% in a series against the Pistons #1 ranked defense in the conference finals (Pistons had a franchise best 64 wins that year and the best record in the NBA) , followed up by the best finals performance in NBA history , and against the 2nd ranked defense in the western conference

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1

Last year against the Celtics defense Wade averaged 34 pts on 57% shooting for the series. That was a lottery team Wade had to work with the last 2 years. When a 20 year old Beasley who's ridiculously inconsistent and only plays well one out of every 5 games, and an old and finished Jermaine O'Neal are your Top 2 options you''re a lottery team. Wade took them to the playoffs 2 years in a row in 09 and 10, remarkably.

And against that Celtics defense in the playoffs kobe was 42% compared to Wade's 57%. Wade is Top 10 ALLTIME in career playoff PER. Kobe isn't even in the Top 20.

And of course Wade made Kobe look foolish and ridiculous in the 2008 olympics (look it up). Whenever they have had similar casts to work with on their teams, Wade outperformed Kobe (THREE TIMES).. And including the 2008 olympics that's 4 times Wade has been superior with similar supporting casts.

Moreover, Wade's defensive synergy numbers have been better than Kobe every single year since Wade has been in the league but one year (and that was Wade's rookie season and they were still very close as Wade was just off by one percentage point in overall defensive synergy). So every year Wade has been better defensively since they've been in the leaqgue sans one year which was Wade's rookie season when he was new into the league.

Wade is also the alltime leading shotblocker on per game average in NBA history for guards.

And lastly, Wade has a 7+ better shooting percentage against Top 10 defenses since both players have been in the league over the past 7+ seasons..

Never mind the fact that when Wade and kobe are actually matched up on one another, guarding one another, Wade always makes him look foolish over the years. They're not matched up on each other very often, but when they are it's always been no contest who the better player is as Wade makes him look stupid all the time

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202491

Wade >> Kobe

End of story

Kobe's never been able to defend Wade. I remember saying this watching a Christmas day game about 3 or 4 years ago.

Wade is too quick for him.

Kobe's never been able to guard Wade facing up ... just never.

To be fair ... almost no one can guard Wade.

He has the speed/quickness of like an Iverson in a body 4 inches taller with a far longer wing span.

You cannot keep him in front of you

TRUTH

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 01:43 AM
Wait, how many games are there in a season? Oh, that's right, 82. If that's not close to "half" then I don't what is?

Arithmetic sure isn't your strong suite, but neither is your memory, or lack there of. He was playing through multiple injuries (knee and shoulder); nevermind the fact Shaq, Haslem, Williams, Mourning, Ricky Davis, and Shawn Marion missed a HANDFUL of games because of THEIR injuries.

Back to your cave, troll.

51/82 = 62%.

I guess Kobe shot close to 55% in the Finals this past year, then! especially since his shots > 82

fcking idiot. why do you even post? you try so hard to appear as an unbiased laker fan, yet you're the same as every Kobe fan deep down. stop trying to convince yourself otherwise, fgt

also, @Heat007, what makes you think i'm going to read your pasted novels from other people on other forums? i just :oldlol: every time i see you post thinking about how many forums you searched looking for a good reply to post. seriously, i haven't read one of your regurgitated posts. stop posting here.

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 01:48 AM
it's not that hard to look up. Here, let me help you

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kobe+is+most+overrated+player+in+nba+history

Happy reading..

goodnight. and goodbye ;-)

night, bye, good riddance :)

catch24
04-05-2011, 02:35 AM
51/82 = 62%.

Exaclty. No where close to 100%, and closer to 50%; half.

I guess Kobe shot close to 55% in the Finals this past year, then! especially since his shots > 82

:oldlol: at you equating the two. Nice logic. Too bad Kobe has NEVER shot 50% for a season in his CAREER. Missing 32 games > 11 missed shots (Kobe's career average).

stop trying to convince yourself otherwise

How exactly am I trying hard? I'm literally laughing at how upset you're getting. You've had a hard on for me since you created this gimmick. No one takes you seriously dude; your replies are comic relief.

IGOTGAME
04-05-2011, 02:38 AM
How is this an argument? Wade is better. Pau is probably more talented than Wade but he doesnt have the mindset to consistently harness that talent.

SavageMode
04-05-2011, 02:41 AM
The Kobe hate has become ridiculous. You would think he was f*cking your mothers in that Colorado hotel room.

When Kobe won with Shaq it was "Shaq carrying Kobe" but when Wade wins a title with prime Shaq, Wade is the "alpha dog"? Are you f*ckers that delusional or is your hate so strong that it keeps you from making any logical sense?

And Gasol never considered one of the most dominant bigs? Really? He's considered the best PF in the game today. And if not the best, then 1b.

You haters must really be jealous. The Lakers have dominated the league during Kobe's era and it just eats you poor f*cks up. You'll say any kind of nonsense just to keep from giving them credit. B*tch and moan all you want, losers, those trophies ain't going nowhere. Eat our sh*t and choke on it, b*tches.
Shaq in 2006 was past his prime. His reign on the Lakers was his prime. You mad Bro? Ya u mad.

One of the finals games' stats. And Basically they are all the same where Wade is scoring 35+ each game while Shaq is getting 10-18 pts. Next.

Starters MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
Dwyane Wade 43:05 14 26 .538 1 2 .500 13 18 .722 2 11 13 2 2 0 1 5 42
Shaquille O'Ne 37:06 6 9 .667 0 0 4 6 .667 3 8 11 5 1 2 7 3 16
Antoine Walker 35:23 6 17 .353 0 5 .000 0 2 .000 1 6 7 1 0 0 2 3 12
Jason Williams 34:49 5 11 .455 2 5 .400 0 0 0 1 1 3 0 0 3 3 12
Udonis Haslem 34:13 3 8 .375 0 0 2 6 .333 8 3 11 0 3 0 3 4 8

SavageMode
04-05-2011, 02:42 AM
How exactly am I trying hard? I'm literally laughing at how upset you're getting. You've had a hard on for me since you created this gimmick. No one takes you seriously dude; your replies are comic relief.
This. It's funny how OP doesn't realize how much of a joke this thread has made him. :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :lol :roll:

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Exaclty. No where close to 100%, and closer to 50%; half.

:oldlol: at you equating the two. Nice logic. Too bad Kobe has NEVER shot 50% for a season in his CAREER. Missing 32 games > 11 missed shots (Kobe's career average).

bold is completely irrelevant. wtf are you talking about bro?

i'm on the one with a hard-on, yet you're the one replying in my thread which is just comic relief according to you... :oldlol:

aren't you a bit old to be in denial?

Replay32
04-05-2011, 02:51 AM
The Kobe hate has become ridiculous. You would think he was f*cking your mothers in that Colorado hotel room.

When Kobe won with Shaq it was "Shaq carrying Kobe" but when Wade wins a title with prime Shaq, Wade is the "alpha dog"? Are you f*ckers that delusional or is your hate so strong that it keeps you from making any logical sense?

And Gasol never considered one of the most dominant bigs? Really? He's considered the best PF in the game today. And if not the best, then 1b.

You haters must really be jealous. The Lakers have dominated the league during Kobe's era and it just eats you poor f*cks up. You'll say any kind of nonsense just to keep from giving them credit. B*tch and moan all you want, losers, those trophies ain't going nowhere. Eat our sh*t and choke on it, b*tches.

Honestly shaq was a bit past his prime when the Heat won a title. Wade did something that kobe couldn't do in 2003 and 2004. Kobe was really bad against the spurs in 2003 where he shot like 26 per game for the series on a low percentage.

And in 2004 kobe shot the lakers out of a chance to win that series too. He took the most shots, but shot like 38% from the field. His assist and rebound numbers were bad too.

Give Wade credit for being efficient that entire playoffs and carrying the Heat to the title. Kobe proved he wasn't ready to be the man in 2003 and 2004. He had 2 opportunities and came up small when his team needed him the most and carry them.

catch24
04-05-2011, 03:08 AM
bold is completely irrelevant.

Just like your example was, lol.

i'm on the one with a hard-on, yet you're the one replying in my thread which is just comic relief according to you... :oldlol:

Damn dude, I got you stuttering and not even making sense now. Just admit you have a soft spot for me; it's obvious. My response was to Boxout yet you went out of your way responding to me.... My post had nothing to do with you.

Signing in and out feverishly to type a response = A.R.T :oldlol:

KOLBCTEW
04-05-2011, 03:11 AM
A thread about who's better between Wade and Gasol actually goes to six pages. :facepalm Sad to say but I'm not really surprised as I've never seen a superstar in the modern era as underrated as Wade.

meanwhile, wade is letting joe johnson :oldlol: Joe Johnson torches Wade??

and prehistoric ray allen torch him in the playoffs. Never mind the fact that Ray Allen(when he's on fire and hitting his shots) is one of the hardest persons to guard due to the multiple screens set for him on just a single play as it forces the defender to run through those screens but you ignore the fact that Wade Torched the Celtics number 1 ranked defense in the playoffs having better numbers against them than even Lebron and especially Kobe. I mean the man had to save something on offense.

if i have to explain to you how gasol's higher fg%, higher ft%, far less TO rate, You moron, the majority of the time he spends on the court is close to the basket so of course he's gonna have a higher field goal percentage than a Guard.

and better defense makes him more efficient, i'd say find a new hobby. :lol: better defense? You've lost it.

leadership? intangibles? how can you use these arguments in favor of wade? dude led his team to 10 wins out of 51 games,. Of course you ignore the fact he was still INJURED and if your talking about leadership and intangibles when has Pau won a championship as the main man.

blew game 7 against the hawks for his team,How many games did Kobe blow when he was surrounded by scrubs. I don't see you bringing up any of that.

and sat on the sidelines while pierce hit the game winner in a pivotal game 3 for the heat because he didn't want to play defense. He was injured. You don't think he would come back in if he thought he could play effectively?

he is also the worst superstar in the clutch since 06-07 according to NBATV. something like 5-43. Wasn't there some recent article about Kobe being the worst superstar in the clutch. The fact is 'clutch' is relative as some people have it being the last shot in the game while others have it to be the final minute,etc,etc,etc

and without shaq, wade would have nothing except a load of first round exits. two can play at that game breh. Wade had already gotten past the first round in his rookie season without Shaq so try again brah...

KOLBCTEW
04-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Haters still have no answer to 5 rings so they handpick bullsh*t stats to try and discredit the Lakers.
No one's trying to discredit the Lakers.. there's just the problem of a sidekick being compared to a superstar player who's one of the top three players in the game.

-Dirk is soft and a choker.
-Oh, but the Dirk and the Mavs that Wade beat were a really tough team. Totally not pushovers. Wade really slayed a giant.
Were the Mav's in the finals or not? So clearly they beat the competition in the west to get to the finals..

-Kobe piggybacked Shaq during Shaq's entire career as a Laker. Uh, there's no denying Shaq was still in his prime.

-Oh, but the Shaq that went to Miami totally fell off from the previous year. He turned sh*t overnight. He was just lucky he had Wade to carry him.Uh, no one's saying he turned into a bad player. He just was no longer in his prime and Wade pretty much became the first option and took over as leader for that team.

DMAVS41
04-05-2011, 05:27 AM
This thread is confusing.

For starters, Wade has had a much better career than Gasol. Wade is also a much better player.

Wade's overall numbers for his career in the regular season and playoffs are top ten all time material. I'm not saying he is top 10 all time or will finish there, but Wade's numbers put him in elite company.

Wade won a title as the best player on a team. Wade arguably has the best finals performance of all time.

Its not close. This thread is a joke.

The Wade vs Kobe stuff. I love how Kobe takes on a larger role on the Lakers in both 2003 and 2004 and the Lakers perform much worse and completely collapse in the finals in 2004.

Then we get to Wade having a worse Shaq in 2005 and 2006 yet he had more success than Kobe did the previous years. Its very clear that Kobe was not yet mature enough to be the leader on a championship team. Kobe was consumed with proving he was the best player. He was not consumed with winning. That really hurt the Lakers and prompted Shaq to leave and Phil to leave and write a book about how difficult of a player/person Kobe was.

I don't know who the better player is between Wade and Kobe. Its extremely close in my mind. I do know that whenever they have played with similar teams against similar competition, Wade has always come out on top.

I would take Wade, but its like arguing Bird vs. Magic or Shaq vs. Duncan. There is no right answer. The answer comes down to personal preference. Anyone saying its not very close is biased though.

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Just like your example was, lol.

Damn dude, I got you stuttering and not even making sense now. Just admit you have a soft spot for me; it's obvious. My response was to Boxout yet you went out of your way responding to me.... My post had nothing to do with you.

Signing in and out feverishly to type a response = A.R.T :oldlol:

completely baffled by this. so you quote what i say to you and then type a response, yet apparently that response was directed at BoxOut?

am i supposed to be some mind reader of retarded logic or something? goodness :oldlol:

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Sad to say but I'm not really surprised as I've never seen a superstar in the modern era as underrated as Wade.

:oldlol: Joe Johnson torches Wade??

Never mind the fact that Ray Allen(when he's on fire and hitting his shots) is one of the hardest persons to guard due to the multiple screens set for him on just a single play as it forces the defender to run through those screens but you ignore the fact that Wade Torched the Celtics number 1 ranked defense in the playoffs having better numbers against them than even Lebron and especially Kobe. I mean the man had to save something on offense.
You moron, the majority of the time he spends on the court is close to the basket so of course he's gonna have a higher field goal percentage than a Guard.
:lol: better defense? You've lost it.

Of course you ignore the fact he was still INJURED and if your talking about leadership and intangibles when has Pau won a championship as the main man.

How many games did Kobe blow when he was surrounded by scrubs. I don't see you bringing up any of that.

He was injured. You don't think he would come back in if he thought he could play effectively?

Wasn't there some recent article about Kobe being the worst superstar in the clutch. The fact is 'clutch' is relative as some people have it being the last shot in the game while others have it to be the final minute,etc,etc,etc
Wade had already gotten past the first round in his rookie season without Shaq so try again brah...

joe johnson destroyed wade in the deciding game 7 of that series. :lol dude had 27/5/5/5 while wade shot 40%

sure, wade torched the celtics. he also torched his own team by sitting out the last play of game 3 where pierce hit the game winner.

gasol's defensive impact for the lakers is easily greater than wade's. the blocks and altered shots that gasol brings to the table is better than wade's inconsistent, gambling style of defense. only an idiot would say otherwise.

blah blah blah injured. kobe's been injured for the past 4 years, yet he's still leading his team to the finals year in and year out. so how come kobe can do that while wade can't even manage 20 wins? oh, cuz kobe >>>>>> wade

kobe hardly blew any playoff games when he was surrounded by scrubs. he shot 50% + in games 5, 6, and 7 of the '06 suns series including a 50 point onslaught in game 6. unfortunately, odom didn't box out (a recurring theme that we've seen this year multiple times :facepalm ). not to mention, wade lost to the HAWKS. the Atlanta Hawks. nuff said

if you consider mental weakness an injury, then sure, he was injured. unfortunately for wade, that's a chronic injury without cure :roll:

DMAVS41
04-05-2011, 06:02 AM
joe johnson destroyed wade in the deciding game 7 of that series. :lol dude had 27/5/5/5 while wade shot 40%

sure, wade torched the celtics. he also torched his own team by sitting out the last play of game 3 where pierce hit the game winner.

gasol's defensive impact for the lakers is easily greater than wade's. the blocks and altered shots that gasol brings to the table is better than wade's inconsistent, gambling style of defense. only an idiot would say otherwise.

blah blah blah injured. kobe's been injured for the past 4 years, yet he's still leading his team to the finals year in and year out. so how come kobe can do that while wade can't even manage 20 wins? oh, cuz kobe >>>>>> wade

kobe hardly blew any playoff games when he was surrounded by scrubs. he shot 50% + in games 5, 6, and 7 of the '06 suns series including a 50 point onslaught in game 6. unfortunately, odom didn't box out (a recurring theme that we've seen this year multiple times :facepalm ). not to mention, wade lost to the HAWKS. the Atlanta Hawks. nuff said

if you consider mental weakness an injury, then sure, he was injured. unfortunately for wade, that's a chronic injury without cure :roll:

Wait. So you claim Wade choked against the Hawks and then claim that Kobe played well in game 7 against the Suns?

What?

Not to mention that Kobe completely choked at the end of game 6 against the Suns as well.

Why do you people have such a hard time staying even remotely consistent in your arguments?

If you are going to bring up all of the above in your post, you have to bring up 03 and 04 for Kobe. You also have to mention 05 if injuries don't matter.

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Wait. So you claim Wade choked against the Hawks and then claim that Kobe played well in game 7 against the Suns?

What?

Not to mention that Kobe completely choked at the end of game 6 against the Suns as well.

Why do you people have such a hard time staying even remotely consistent in your arguments?

If you are going to bring up all of the above in your post, you have to bring up 03 and 04 for Kobe. You also have to mention 05 if injuries don't matter.

if 50 points on 20-35 is choking to you, you need a reality check breh

tim duncan had a great series in 03. a legendary player led his team to a W (finally) over the lakers.

04? LA made the finals, you want kobe to win a title every year or something? :oldlol: is he that good that he's just expected to walk away with the trophy every year? damn :bowdown:

kobe's game 7 > wade's game 7 :confusedshrug:
kobe's 05 season > wade's 08 season :confusedshrug:

why have you guys deflected the topic to kobe btw? this is about PAU GASOL and wade, not kobe bryant and wade. ya'll need to get off the man's dikk

Heat007
04-05-2011, 06:10 AM

What?

Kobe totally quits on his team in the playoffs in a deciding game after having a commanding series lead... it's amazing how he turns into a quitter when he doesn't have the best front court in the NBA to bail him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGoxIvuPtmo

Wade NEVER explicitly quit like that for an entire half in a game 7, or deciding game.

Wade > Kobe

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Kobe totally quits on his team in the playoffs... it's amazing how he turns into a quitter when he doesn't have the best front court in the NBA to bail him out.

Wade NEVER explicitly quit like that for an entire half in a game 7 or deciding game.

right, he just quit for an entire season in '08 and at the end of game 3 last year cuz he didn't want none of pierce's step back j in his eye :roll:

DMAVS41
04-05-2011, 06:16 AM
if 50 points on 20-35 is choking to you, you need a reality check breh

tim duncan had a great series in 03. a legendary player led his team to a W (finally) over the lakers.

04? LA made the finals, you want kobe to win a title every year or something? :oldlol: is he that good that he's just expected to walk away with the trophy every year? damn :bowdown:

kobe's game 7 > wade's game 7 :confusedshrug:
kobe's 05 season > wade's 08 season :confusedshrug:

why have you guys deflected the topic to kobe btw? this is about PAU GASOL and wade, not kobe bryant and wade. ya'll need to get off the man's dikk

I said Kobe choked at the end of game 6. He did. He missed the game winner badly and then got trounced in overtime.

His game 7 was awful. He completely quit on his team.

Win every year? What? Kobe won only 3 titles in 8 years with Shaq. Kobe then went three years being irrelevant to the titles. So in Kobe's first 12 years he only won 3 titles. All won as the 2nd best player on his team. He had two poor finals performances in 04 and 08.

Win every year? Kobe played on 9 teams in his first 12 years good enough to win. He won 3 times and was the 2nd option all 3 times. Win every year?

Makes no sense.

Just stay consistent. Wade has outperformed Kobe every single time they've played with similar teams and against similar teams.

Wade had more success with Odom and Butler
Wade had more success against the Pistons with a worse Shaq
Wade was better in the Olympics
Wade was better against the Cetlics

You can't stay consistent at all in your arguments.

Wade has better regular season and playoff numbers. Wade plays better against the best defenses. Wade's defensive numbers have been better than Kobe almost every single year since Wade came into the league.

:cheers:

Heat007
04-05-2011, 06:53 AM
I said Kobe choked at the end of game 6. He did. He missed the game winner badly and then got trounced in overtime.

Win every year? What? Kobe won only 3 titles in 8 years with Shaq. Kobe then when three years being irrelevant to the titles. So in Kobe's first 12 years he only won 3 titles. All won as the 2nd best player on his team. He had two poor finals performances in 04 and 08.

Win every year? Kobe played on 9 teams in his first 12 years good enough to win. He won 3 times and was the 2nd option all 3 times. Win every year?

Makes no sense.

Just stay consistent. Wade has outperformed Kobe every single time they've played with similar teams and against similar teams.

Wade has better regular season and playoff numbers. Wade plays better against the best defenses. Wade's defensive numbers have been better than Kobe almost every single year since Wade came into the league.

After Laker fans read that they need to listen to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yB7J7DYi6M

24r2
04-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Kobe totally quits on his team in the playoffs in a deciding game after having a commanding series lead... it's amazing how he turns into a quitter when he doesn't have the best front court in the NBA to bail him out.

Wade NEVER explicitly quit like that for an entire half in a game 7, or deciding game.

Wade > Kobe

Miami HEat bandwagoners talks about quittin.! ONLY ON ISH :applause:

Lebron23
04-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Jeff needs to delete this thread. Wade is the better player, and he has a better career than Gasol.

rodman91
04-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Wade is better player for sure.
Wade has better career. (he won the damn ring top player of that team..Shaq was 2nd guy in Miami, especially in 2006 playoffs.)

weird thread.:rolleyes:

CJ Mustard
04-05-2011, 07:18 AM
How the hell did this thread go 8 pages? What's there to argue? The answer is Wade. No explanations needed.

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 08:15 AM

Win every year? What? Kobe won only 3 titles in 8 years with Shaq. Kobe then went three years being irrelevant to the titles. So in Kobe's first 12 years he only won 3 titles. All won as the 2nd best player on his team. He had two poor finals performances in 04 and 08.

Makes no sense.

i knew it was strange that ginobli hadn't been on in a while. here he is! :roll:

i just have one question. what has wade accomplished since his gift wrapped title in 06?

thanks!

Nash
04-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Wade = Superstar

Gasol = Great player

catch24
04-05-2011, 11:34 AM
completely baffled by this. so you quote what i say to you and then type a response, yet apparently that response was directed at BoxOut?

am i supposed to be some mind reader of retarded logic or something? goodness :oldlol:

Like I said, you were the one that responded to ME first; not the other way around. So lets recap: You're terrible with basic arithmetic, completely oblivious to logic, and apparently not getting enough attention outside of the computer; why else are you on me like a cheap suit? You're the biggest joke in this thread and yet this is your thread, lmao. :oldlol:

DJmicah
04-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Forget Gasol, Wade has always been a better SG than Kobe. And Gasol has rings because combined Bynum.Gasol.Odom is the best front court in basketball - show me where all 3 front court players had 20+ PER as the lakers have. Those guys have been bailing out kobe's stupidity like i have never seen a star being bailed out so often in history (and it was also proven in the olympics when Wade destroyed kobe in just about every facet with another great team there bailing out kobe's poor play and shot jacking)

But to your stupid comment on the ring-

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=126843

Interesting facts:

In this playoff run, Dirk Nowitzki sets a record for most FT's hit during the playoffs shooting 209-229. Wade on the other hand shoots 202-250 with both players playing 23 games in the playoffs that year. For a player who is more of a slasher, Wade only managed to get 21 more free throws? So I guess it really is rigged, right? :rolleyes:

Furthermore, Wade shot 10 and 14 free throws in the first two games, so its not like he just got more free throws the next few games. He was already getting to the line a lot.

The total foul count in the series was 146 fouls commited by the Miami Heat and 160 fouls commited by the Mavericks. Fairly equal if anything. Furthermore, it's amazing it was soo close considering the Heat have Shaq and Wade on their team. Wade is a driver who gets a lot of free throws anyway, and Shaq is a guy who teams love to send to the line. Also, the Mavericks were more of a jumpshooting teams, with most of their driving coming from Harris and Howard.

Quick facts:
Miami outrebounded the Mavs in 4 of the 6 games in the series.
In the 4 games Miami won, they shot better in 3 of those matchups, with the only time they shot worse being by .8 of a %.
Miami shot less threes then the Dallas team in 5 of the 6 games. The one time they shot more threes then the Dallas team, they lost.

Game 3:
Mavericks up 83-71 with 8:30 left. A lot of people claim that the refs took over here and helped guide Wade to victory.
Up to the 3rd quarter Wade had shot 15 free throws. In the 4th quarter, Wade shot only 3 free throws, and only 1 free throw within the 8:30 left. So the two other free throws he shot were before the 12 point lead the Mavs had.

Not to mention with the game score was 97-95 in favor of the Heat with 3 seconds to go and Dirk gets given 2 free throws. So the Mavs were given a chance to tie the game, and Dirk only hit 1 of 2 free throws to make the score 97-96 in favor of the Heat.

So in actual fact, Wade got no free throws in that 8:30, due to the free throws he recieved being out of desperation and the Mavs hacking to be able to get another shot off. So a total of 0 shooting fouls were called for Wade in the 4th.

Game 4:
98-74 win for the Heat. Mavs shot 31% and Wade had 9 free throws. Nothing to talk about really. Mavs completely outplayed.

Game 5:
This is the game where Wade goes onto shoot as many free throws as the entire Dallas team. 21-25 went Wade and 21-25 went Dallas. Game went into overtime as well.
Wade had 22 points going into the 4th quarter. Wade scored 17 in the 4th quarter with the last 6 points all coming from jumpers. Even the game tying shot was a jumper to level the game at 93-93 with 2 seconds left. No free throws needed. 7 of Wade's 17 points came from FT's. So he basically maintained his average foul shot per quarter rate in the 4th.

Then in the overtime, the score was 100-99 in favor of the Mavs with 2 seconds left and Wade was given 2 free throws. As many of you know, at the time there was great debate as to whether this was a foul or not. The play involved Harris and Nowitzki both hacking Wade and Nowitzki being called for the foul.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/0618/nba_g_wade_395.jpg

That was the play for those who have forgot. Many people say this wasn't a foul. Now take a look at what happened on this play:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7888/foul8sx.gif
Harris' leg clearly fouling Wade.

Also:
Dirk giving Wade a huge shove, just look at the amount of contact.

http://i6.tinypic.com/14vo5n7.jpg

Not to mention Harris grabbed Wade's other hand on the way to the basket, but I don't have a picture. He didn't just slap it, but grabbed it and didn't allow Wade to have shooting motion. That is a foul even in late game situations. Two players hacking and getting a huge amount of contact. On his leg, one arm and pushing on his back. That has to get called even in the dying seconds.

EDIT: Picture found.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1121/nba_g_wade_600.jpg

Harris' grabbing Wade's shooting arm, pretty much not allowing a shot to be attempted.

Game 6:
Heat win the championship with a 95-92 win.
:applause:
Anyway, Wade=Top 3 NBA Player, Gasol=Arguably Top PF,Wade=Set To Win Many Chips with Bosh and Bron, Gasol= On An Aging Team With 3 Years Left AT BEST
Wade Wins

Cowboy Thunder
04-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I'd take Gasol over Wade too

24r2
04-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Only on ISH where Wade < Gasol :facepalm

DJmicah
04-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Insecure Wade fans still yapping on this thread? We get it, your boys a loser who never won anything without Shaq and never will win anything without LeBron, so you have to boost him up and pretend like he's some superstar.

Ok, Shaq Was On a Decline That Year(Maybe Thats Why He Didnt Win Finals MVP?) And Wade Was The Main Man On that Team. A Kobe/Lakers Fan Cant Say anything About Riding Shaq To A Chip, He Won Finals MVP ALL of The Threepeat Years.
Wade is just a slightly larger version of Allen Iverson. It's all been done before, and done much better. AI led a much worse team to the Finals and even killed the dominating Lakers playoff win streak when he got there. Wade, on the other hand, rode Shaq's back with a stacked Miami team to a ring against a Mavs team that had no business being there.

Iverson Didn't Grab Nearly As Many Boards Or Dish Out As Many Assists As Wade, Plus He Only Won ONE Game In The Finals, Wade Has A Ring
Iverson >>> Wade
GTFO

Keep yapping, though. Maybe if you throw out enough random stats some of them will stick. Here's a stat for you:

-5 NBA Championships
Rode Shaq And Gasol To Those

Eat it, b*tches. We'll Be Lovin' The Celebration Dinner After The Finals :D

Kellogs4toniee
04-05-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm still in utter awe that a thread about who's better between Dwayne Wade and Gasol went 9 pages.

pauk
04-05-2011, 02:03 PM
who's better and who's had the better career? wade or gasol?

http://i42.tinypic.com/mbo5s6.gif

bingo123
04-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Gasol > Wade easily...

Remember this when Miami wins championchip over LA. You will be the first one who will cry all over this board about Lebron having better teammates then Kobe.

InfiniteBaskets
04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Today I learned that Kobe > Gasol > Wade.

I also learned that whenever you have two of the top three players in the league, there's no way you're team can be underdogs in any playoff series...

A + B = ... D?

KOLBCTEW
04-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Wow you select the one game where he played relatively well in that series ignoring that for much of the series he pretty much stunk it up.

Are you gonna keep ignoring the fact that he got injured in the play prior..

gasol's defensive impact for the lakers is easily greater than wade's. the blocks and altered shots that gasol brings to the table is better than wade's inconsistent, gambling style of defense. only an idiot would say otherwise. Has Gasol even made it to an All-Defensive team? Doubt it, because the notion around Gasol which has plagued him for much of his career is that he's soft. That so called inconsistent 'gambling style of defense' got him to three All-Defensive second teams(even though there were one or two seasons he got screwed out of the 1st team despite the fact he was playing well and above Kobe in terms of defense)

blah blah blah injured. kobe's been injured for the past 4 years,yet he's still leading his team to the finals year in and year out. so how come kobe can do that while wade can't even manage 20 wins? oh, cuz kobe >>>>>> wade

A so called injury that he refused to treat despite having the option to and don't compare Kobe's injury to Wade as he wasn't out for significant portions of the season. Now we did see what Wade was capable when he came back from those injuries in the 08-09 season.

oh, cuz kobe >>>>>> wade Stats reflect otherwise.

kobe hardly blew any playoff games when he was surrounded by scrubs. he shot 50% + in games 5, 6, and 7 of the '06 suns series including a 50 point onslaught in game 6. Even though I was largely referring to the following year, let's talk about the Game 7 series against the Suns where he refused to shoot for an entire half because he was pouting effectively quiting on his team.

not to mention, wade lost to the HAWKS. the Atlanta Hawks. nuff saidNot like Wade had much to work with.

if you consider mental weakness an injury, then sure, he was injured. unfortunately for wade, that's a chronic injury without cure :roll: I supposed he was mentally weak when he made tore Dallas a new one in the Finals..

KOLBCTEW
04-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Insecure Wade fans still yapping on this thread? We get it, your boys a loser who never won anything without Shaq and never will win anything without LeBron, so you have to boost him up and pretend like he's some superstar.
Same can be said about Kobe with Shaq and Gasol.:facepalm

Wade is just a slightly larger version of Allen Iverson.
Only a far more efficient version who can also play defense.

Wade, on the other hand, rode Shaq's back with a stacked Miami team to a ring against a Mavs team that had no business being there...
:oldlol: Stacked, Rode Shaq's back. Shaq rode him and the Heat team was by no means stacked, it was probably one of the worst finals team to with a title. I mean Antoine Walker as your third option come on...

DJmicah
04-05-2011, 02:55 PM

:oldlol: Stacked, Rode Shaq's back. Shaq rode him and the Heat team was by no means stacked, it was probably one of the worst finals team to with a title. I mean Antoine Walker as your third option come on...
Agreed :cheers:

Yao Ming's Foot
04-05-2011, 03:05 PM
How to guide for Laker fans:

How to get Jordan stans to dismiss statistics?

- Cite Jordan's playoff opponents defensive ratings

How to get Wade stans to hype up Kobe Bryant?

- Compare Wade to Gasol

How to get NBA fans to peg Bynum for the HOF?

- Tell them Kobe is the only cat to win 5 rings without 2 HOF teammates.

Dave3
04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm still in utter awe that a thread about who's better between Dwayne Wade and Gasol went 9 pages.
On the bright side, it gives you a good idea on who to add to your ignore list:lol

tpols
04-05-2011, 03:31 PM

They weren't a great finals team but they were stacked with vets and they had a beast frontline. Haslem, Alonzo Mourning and a 20/10 shaq who came in SECOND place for the MVP voting just the season before.. I'm a nets fan and I remember when miami played us back in 06 when we had RJ, Vince, and Kidd and it was ALL shaq for that series. He is the complete reason we lost because he was still completely unguardable in the deep post and he was still logging tons of minutes and getting tons of touches. It's so funny that people are downplaying shaq on those teams.

And, relative to their own team not being own of the best championship teams, their competition in the finals and before the finals was equally poor. The Dallas Mavericks were one of the weakest finals teams of the decade and the heat barely beat them. Give the 06 heat any version of the spurs that year and they lose in 5.

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Like I said, you were the one that responded to ME first; not the other way around. So lets recap: You're terrible with basic arithmetic, completely oblivious to logic, and apparently not getting enough attention outside of the computer; why else are you on me like a cheap suit? You're the biggest joke in this thread and yet this is your thread, lmao. :oldlol:

dawg you the one replying to MY thread. you're the one who keeps coming back for more :roll:

you said wade played half the season in 08. he played 51 games, 10 more than half. 10 games out of 82 in a season is pretty significant. might i advise a high school level statistics class?

personal insults now? is this what it's come to? :oldlol: your posting skills are deteriorating by the day. you might as well just change your team allegiance since your #1 goal on this site is to post opinions that are respected, whether you believe them or not is trivial to you. sad. :lol

catch24
04-05-2011, 05:48 PM
dawg you the one replying to MY thread. you're the one who keeps coming back for more :roll:

Because you keep replying to me, looking for my approval or something. Need a friend? :oldlol:

you said wade played half the season in 08. he played 51 games, 10 more than half. 10 games out of 82 in a season is pretty significant. might i advise a high school level statistics class?

Right, missing 32 games is practically half the season; regardless, the entire Miami team was decimated with injuries. Even when Wade came back he was playing through a knee injury. The mere fact you don't think 32 missed games is close to 41, which would be half the season, further proves you're a tool.

personal insults now? is this what it's come to? :oldlol: your posting skills are deteriorating by the day. you might as well just change your team allegiance since your #1 goal on this site is to post opinions that are respected, whether you believe them or not is trivial to you. sad. :lol

:oldlol: right, weren't you the one going off the deep end, rambling about how I'm such a 'fake fan', and 'always try to be unbiased'? Jeez kid, you got a notepad with all my posts saved? :oldlol:

You're in desperation mode; on my jock 'till the day I stop posting on ISH.

catch24
04-05-2011, 05:49 PM
51 Games is MOST OF THE SEASON. I don't know what Wade's boyfriends are yapping about. By anyone's account, that's plenty of time to turn things around and make an impact. The fact that he could only win, what? 10 Games? LOL. Pathetic. The guy was lucky the Lakers shipped Shaq's a$$ to Miami. If it wasn't for that, we'd be talking about Wade today being on par with Vince Carter, T-Mac, etc.

It's also amusing how Wade's boyfriends try to exaggerate how much time Wade spent injured. Hey, tards, the fact that Wade is so injury prone ISN'T a good thing. Most fans who weren't born crackbabies would avoid the fact that their hero spends as much time nursing himself back to health as he does out on the court. Kobe goes out there every game and delivers, while Wade sits out every third game with some bullsh*t little injury. What is it for the Bucks game tomorrow? The quad? LOL. You f*ckers and your boyfriend Wade are pathetic.

lol at this degenerate

Yo, Kobe's got a wife. He don't need you!!!

Hulk Hogan
04-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Catch24 proving once again that he's no Laker fan, but a ****** impersonator!

catch24
04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Catch24 proving once again that he's no Laker fan, but a ****** impersonator!

lol, another tool (always the Kobe nutjobs) on my jock. Stay mad, kid.

MasterDurant24
04-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Anybody who thinks Shaq was more crucial to the Heat's championship than Wade is just a dumbass or a hater. Anyone who argues that Wade hadn't done anything before or after Shaq fails to realize that none of his teams were as good as that 06 teams. Anyone who thinks Gasol, who isn't even the number one option on his team, is suerior to a bonafide Hall of Fame talent like Wade deserves a :facepalm

KOLBCTEW
04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
By anyone's account, that's plenty of time to turn things around and make an impact. The fact that he could only win, what? 10 Games?
Rigghtt...Plenty of time to somehow turn things around when he hadn't yet fully recovered from that shoulder injury. Interesting the very next year when he did recover from all those injuries he had the best season of his career. But I suppose that was just an anomaly.

LOL. Pathetic. The guy was lucky the Lakers shipped Shaq's a$$ to Miami.
Need I remind you that Kobe was very lucky and downright fortunate to not only have had Shaq during his rookie season but one in his prime as well. How easily you ignore that.

If it wasn't for that, we'd be talking about Wade today being on par with Vince Carter Vince Carter was never as good as Wade... try again.

T-Mac, etc.T-Mac never fully recovered from his injuries.. Wade did, Try again.

Hey, tards, the fact that Wade is so injury prone ISN'T a good thing.
Not saying it is but don't act as if it isn't a legitimate excuse when his play is affected by those same injuries.

Kobe goes out there every game and delivers
Of course except the times when he himself sits out with injuries or simply quits when he's having a tantrum.

while Wade sits out every third game with some bullsh*t little injury.
Strange cause he's played 73 games this season..

The quad? LOL. You f*ckers and your boyfriend Wade are pathetic.
Which he sustained in a collision with Travis outlaw. Seems your nothing but a hater who can't seem to listen reason or recognize the simple nuances of a situation.

DMAVS41
04-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Wade's boyfriends still trying to prove their boy can even hold Kobe's jockstrap. Use some common sense, crackbabies:

Player A
- Keeps in top form and plays through injuries.
- Totally committed to his job. Willing to do whatever it takes to be the best.
- Has 5 rings and a full trophy case to his credit.

Player B
- Has had nagging injuries his entire career.
- Prefers coaches who let him chill and don't give him sh*t for throwing disgusting f*ck parties at hotels that others have to clean up.
- Has only 1 ring and considerably fewer accomplishments to boast of.

You're GM of a new expansion team. Both guys are in their prime. Bull SH*T would anyone in their right mind take Player B over Player A.

You f*ckin' Miami cokehead mongrels with your sh*tty mud-genes are delusional. Keep living in your fantasy land, you sub-human apes. Kobe sh*ts on Wade all day every day.

Kobe's games played for his first 9 years. Keep in mind that he wasn't a starter his first two years:

50 (lockout)

You have serious issues looking at things without bias.

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Because you keep replying to me, looking for my approval or something. Need a friend? :oldlol:

Right, missing 32 games is practically half the season; regardless, the entire Miami team was decimated with injuries. Even when Wade came back he was playing through a knee injury. The mere fact you don't think 32 missed games is close to 41, which would be half the season, further proves you're a tool.

:oldlol: right, weren't you the one going off the deep end, rambling about how I'm such a 'fake fan', and 'always try to be unbiased'? Jeez kid, you got a notepad with all my posts saved? :oldlol:

You're in desperation mode; on my jock 'till the day I stop posting on ISH.

:oldlol: @ the irony in this post

did you not JUST insult my arithmetic skills? little math lesson for you. 51 games played + 32 games missed would = 83 games. remind me how many games are played in a season? :roll:

kid? on your jock? do you really believe these things, or are they just defense mechanisms to raise your self esteem? serious question

KOLBCTEW
04-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Player A
- Keeps in top form and plays through injuries. Except the one's he cant.

- Prefers coaches who let him chill and don't give him sh*t for throwing disgusting f*ck parties at hotels that others have to clean up.

You really want to bring their personal lives into this???? Given the whole Rape Trial.. I don't think you wanna go there.

- Has only 1 ring and considerably fewer accomplishments to boast of.
He also hasn't been in the league as long.. Go figure.

You f*ckin' Miami cokehead mongrels with your sh*tty mud-genes are delusional. Keep living in your fantasy land, you sub-human apes. Kobe sh*ts on Wade all day every day.
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4076/032dbf0f468766335511e60.gif
[http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2316/walker.gif

:roll:

catch24
04-05-2011, 06:54 PM
:oldlol: @ the irony in this post

did you not JUST insult my arithmetic skills? little math lesson for you. 51 games played + 32 games missed would = 83 games. remind me how many games are played in a season? :roll:

:oldlol: at you thumping your chest thinking you "got one" on me. It's called a typo. I'm not the one claiming Wade led his team to 15 wins; completely ignoring context, and basic math. I have said repeatedly that Wade missed half the season. If you want to be technical, fine, OK, he played 61% of his games. Is that not close to missing half his games? :oldlol: @ this idiot.

kid? on your jock? do you really believe these things, or are they just defense mechanisms to raise your self esteem? serious question

It's all becoming clear. LOL at this dude reflecting his insecurities on me. Wanted another e-friend so he quoted my first post that had absolutely nothing to do with him. Your posts scream of a fragile loser. You need a hug dude?

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 07:38 PM
:oldlol: at you thumping your chest thinking you "got one" on me. It's called a typo. I'm not the one claiming Wade led his team to 15 wins; completely ignoring context, and basic math. I have said repeatedly that Wade missed half the season. If you want to be technical, fine, OK, he played 61% of his games. Is that not close to missing half his games? :oldlol: @ this idiot.

no, not really

It's all becoming clear. LOL at this dude reflecting his insecurities on me. Wanted another e-friend so he quoted my first post that had absolutely nothing to do with him. Your posts scream of a fragile loser. You need a hug dude?

i quoted your post to make a point that no other superstar in league history has even led a team to a record anywhere close to 10-41. what on earth makes you think i quoted you for personal reasons? :roll: u desperate bro

catch24
04-05-2011, 07:44 PM
no, not really

Well that's because math isn't your strong suite. 62% is closer to 50% (half), than it is 100% (full).

i quoted your post to make a point that no other superstar in league history has even led a team to a record anywhere close to 10-41. what on earth makes you think i quoted you for personal reasons? :roll: u desperate bro

Which is disingenuous because you're not taking into account injuries. What you're saying is the equivalent to idiots who claim Kobe couldn't take LA into the postseason in 2005; with talent like Caron Butler and Lamar Odom (whom Wade, as a rookie, took to the postseason just a previous year). If that's your stance, then you are truly remedial and no better than them.

A.R.T
04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Which is disingenuous because you're not taking into account injuries. What you're saying is the equivalent to idiots who claim Kobe couldn't take LA into the postseason in 2005; with talent like Caron Butler and Lamar Odom (whom Wade, as a rookie, took to the postseason just a previous year). If that's your stance, then you are truly remedial and no better than them.

odom played in 16 more games w/ that Heat team than he did in 04-05 for LA. he missed the last 13 games of the season where LA was 2-11. kobe had them right around .500 before that, which is right around where that heat team was

also, that heat team had eddie jones who put up 17/4/4 that year. lakers had no other player NEAR that caliber in 04-05

10-41 is just inexcusable no matter how you look at it

KOLBCTEW
04-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Except if you're injured to the point it severely hampers your play..

catch24
04-05-2011, 08:26 PM
odom played in 16 more games w/ that Heat team than he did in 04-05 for LA. he missed the last 13 games of the season where LA was 2-11.

Which is pretty extensive, no? And posting how many more games he played with Miami is irrelevant. That's not the point. You are basically ignoring the 31 games Wade missed, the 15 Jason Williams missed, the 57 Mourning missed, the 30+ Haslem missed and the couple other games combined Shaq and Marion missed (before and after the trade). That's a depleted team with no business making the playoffs.

kobe had them right around .500 before that, which is right around where that heat team was

Kobe also missed 14-15 games where the Lakers practically went .500 (7-8) without him.

also, that heat team had eddie jones who put up 17/4/4 that year. lakers had no other player NEAR that caliber in 04-05

Lamar and Butler were worth a combined 30 and 16+. LA also had Mihm who played practically the entire season, averaging 10 and 7, while Atkins put up 13 and 6.

But again, that isn't the point. Kobe missed 14+ games, Odom missed 18, while Butler missed 5, all while having their coach retire midway during the season. Like Kobe, Wade played through injuries; a dragging knee injury that was constantly built up with fluid. JVG and Mark Jackson pretty much said at the time he wasn't even a top 10 player. He was a shell of himself.

Not with all those injuries, including the franchise player himself.

Replay32
04-05-2011, 09:33 PM
A) Sucks for Wade that he's always injured. Seems like a really delicate fellow. AC Green had almost 1200 consecutive games banging under the boards and playing in a much more physical era, yet Wade is always having injury issues. Poor guy. Maybe if he got off the juice his jaw would swell back down and he wouldn't be so quick to get hurt. You do know that the juice makes you more injury prone, right? But don't let the guy's constant stints on the injured list and his suddenly massive jaw kill your little fantasy that he's better than Kobe.

B) How would you know that his injury "severly hampered his play"? Were you guys making small talk after you railed some lines out of his a$$ and gobbled his knob? If that's not the case then it seems to me you would be out of the loop and purely speculating. Look, I can do it to:

Kobe could've had 8 rings by now but he secretly played 3 seasons with a partially torn meniscus that totally limited what he could've done otherwise.

^ See, it's easy. You're not the only one who can just pull excuses out of his ass.

C) Your boy sucks. You're a jealous little b*tch who hates on Kobe because you're too stupid and lazy to accomplish anything worthwhile in your life, so you want to denigrate those who have. Your jealousy will eat you up inside and leave you a bitter, old, whiney b*tch. Deal with your personal issues before it ruins you. Hating Kobe and other successful people isn't the answer. Rooting for a guy who just wants to chill, f*ck skanks, and pump PEDs to stay competitive isn't a good thing. Get yourself a real role model. There's no doubt you can get your life together, get off welfare, and make something of yourself. You just gotta drop the hate and start really working. Maybe then you'll have 5 rings instead of 1 ring and a sh*tload of excuses.

Dude...Why are you so angry? You got a girl, a mom, a aunt or uncle, a cousin, a niece or nephew, a daughter, a son, a grand kid, a BFF. You need a hug. :roll:

AI3Anthony
04-05-2011, 09:46 PM
I think it's unfair to compare two players of different positions.. way different positions.

Wade is top 2 at his position and Gasol is arguably the top player at his position.

But, to answer the second part of the question, I think Gasol has had the better career... so far. Much more to come from DWade and the Heat in the future.

Replay32
04-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Ahhh, of course. Typical ISH script. When someone torches your a$$ and makes you look like a completely clueless dolt you come back with "U MAD?" nonsense. Of course.

I guess I'm mad because my team is on its way to their 6th ring in 10 years and my boy Kobe is a lock to be called, at worst, 2nd best player of all time. Wow, I must be furious!

I've been a lakers fan since 1986. :cheers:

Laker4Lyfe
04-05-2011, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFA5vSjvzGk

AI3Anthony
04-05-2011, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFA5vSjvzGk

Ha. He wasn't even touched..

SavageMode
04-05-2011, 11:39 PM
LOLOLOL 11 Pages.

NUPE_1911
04-05-2011, 11:42 PM
It is totally absurd for anyone to claim Gasol is superior to Wade. Wade is the better player and it is not even remotely close.

IMO, Wade is arguably the best player in the NBA. The only other players in the discussion are Kobe and LeBron.

KOLBCTEW
04-06-2011, 01:19 AM
A) Sucks for Wade that he's always injured. Seems like a really delicate fellow. AC Green had almost 1200 consecutive games banging under the boards and playing in a much more physical era, yet Wade is always having injury issues.You compare Wade to that type of player yet blatantly gloss over the fact Kobe played nowhere near that amount of consecutive games. Nor do you factor in the type of injury he suffered as he basically had his shoulder ripped from his socket. Pretty hard to come back and maintain that level of play.

Poor guy. Maybe if he got off the juice his jaw would swell back down and he wouldn't be so quick to get hurt. You do know that the juice makes you more injury prone, right? But don't let the guy's constant stints on the injured list and his suddenly massive jaw kill your little fantasy that he's better than Kobe.. You do realize he's had that type of jaw since he was a child... must've been taken HGH since growing up in the ghetto...

B) How would you know that his injury "severly hampered his play"?
Uh, because of his lack of explosiveness among other deficiencies in his game which is why he began incorporating the Eurostep into his arsenal to allow him to get the basket easier when he lacked that explosive speed.

Were you guys making small talk after you railed some lines out of his a$$ and gobbled his knob? : I really have no idea what language your now speaking..

Kobe could've had 8 rings by now but he secretly played 3 seasons with a partially torn meniscus that totally limited what he could've done otherwise.
Was this confirmed.. no, Wade's injury was so as well as it affecting his play .... your point?

C) Your boy sucks. You're a jealous little b*tch who hates on Kobe because you're too stupid and lazy to accomplish anything worthwhile in your life, so you want to denigrate those who have. Your jealousy will eat you up inside and leave you a bitter, old, whiney b*tch. Deal with your personal issues before it ruins you. Hating Kobe and other successful people isn't the answer. Rooting for a guy who just wants to chill, f*ck skanks, and pump PEDs to stay competitive isn't a good thing. Get yourself a real role model. There's no doubt you can get your life together, get off welfare, and make something of yourself. You just gotta drop the hate and start really working. Maybe then you'll have 5 rings instead of 1 ring and a sh*tload of excuses.
You seem to be describing yourself in this post. Don't really know why your obsessive Hate for Wade continues to cloud your judgement so you blatantly diminish his accomplishments in order to prop up your worship of Kobe.

And you base this on what?

I can see Kobe. I can see LeBron. But Wade? LOL. Please do tell me what he's done to warrant being called the best player in the NBA.
Uh, he's still the third leading scorer in the league despite having to share the ball with Lebron James, extremely efficient for his position more so than Kobe, very good defensively, probably has the most shots blocked for a player of his position,etc.

A.R.T
04-10-2011, 05:53 PM
bump.

another sub 40% showing from wade against an elite team

Doranku
04-10-2011, 07:01 PM
It's crazy how terrible Wade has been against good competition this year.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-10-2011, 07:11 PM
It's crazy how terrible Wade has been against good competition this year.

The Celtics especially. Wade is one of the few guys I enjoy watching today, but you can't ignore his horrible play vs. the elite teams, specifically Boston. He's been a fantastic playoff performer, and my bet is he'll be seeing them again; odds are he'll redeem himself.

SebasMiamiFan
04-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Wade. Even after watching him for years since he was first drafted by Miami, he finds new ways to amaze me. :rockon:

A.R.T
04-11-2011, 03:00 PM
The Celtics especially. Wade is one of the few guys I enjoy watching today, but you can't ignore his horrible play vs. the elite teams, specifically Boston. He's been a fantastic playoff performer, and my bet is he'll be seeing them again; odds are he'll redeem himself.

doubtful, he'll just continue standing around sulking while lebron carries them :lol