PDA

View Full Version : AI to the Warriors almost a done deal?

ElPigto
12-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Warriors And Sixers Almost Have A Deal?
13th December, 2006 - 12:48 pm
New York Daily News -
Sixers GM Billy King told another Eastern Conference executive on Tuesday night that he has "two deals on the table, ready to go."

One of the deals King was strongly considering is with Golden State, for point guard Baron Davis, center Andris Biedrins and a third unidentified player. In addition to Iverson, the Warriors would get backup center Steven Hunter.

While a source close to one of the players involved called the deal "done," the Sixers remain quiet about where they will be sending Iverson.

"It makes sense for the Sixers to make the deal with Golden State," an Eastern Conference executive said last night. "It's the situation the Pacers were in last year with Ron Artest. It's better to get those guys out of your conference, unless you're getting a blockbuster in return."

Earlier in trade talks, Golden State had been trying to move veterans with long-term deals, including Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy and Adonal Foyle. But the Sixers asked for Biedrins, Monta Ellis or Mickael Pietrus.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/479693p-403581c.html

NO WAY!! Biedrins and Davis. I think this is a great trade for the Sixers.

saKf
12-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Wow.

Trading for an upgraded, consistent Baron Davis...while giving up Biedrins, the only player you have that's solving your interior problems and making you respectable.

Golden State isn't exactly making a forward move here.

Qwyjibo
12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Wow if the Sixers get Biedrins then that's a potential GREAT deal for their future.

They really need to do all the can to tank this year though and get into the top 3 for this upcoming draft. Maybe just tell Baron that he has free reign out on the court (result: 15-20 3pt attempts per game, I'm sure he can get back to his old ways).

If this ends up being true, what is Golden State doing?!? Iverson is a great player but they don't exactly need him.

Oh and note to Rob Babcock: THIS is what you trade star players for... you stupid cuunt.

Hoonyo
12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
I am sad. If AI goes to the Warriors, I'm officially hating them until AI retires or leaves the team.

FireMcFailPlease
12-13-2006, 02:13 PM
i heard biedrins was untouchable

son_of_van_gundy
12-13-2006, 02:16 PM

Yeah, the Warriors would be making a monumental mistake if they traded Biedrins. Give them Foyle, Doigu, etc., but not the one big man who actually does the things that the Warriors have lacked this past years.

Qwyjibo
12-13-2006, 02:17 PM

He should be.

But he's only a 20-year old 6'11 legit C who is putting up 11 and 10 with 2 blocks, nothing too special... :confusedshrug:

Hoonyo
12-13-2006, 02:17 PM
i heard biedrins was untouchableThe only untouchable I recall is Ike Digou, and he's on the injured list.

ElPigto
12-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Wow.

Trading for an upgraded, consistent Baron Davis...while giving up Biedrins, the only player you have that's solving your interior problems and making you respectable.

Golden State isn't exactly making a forward move here.

Well it seems that everytime they find some success, they take a few steps back afterwords.

Remember Antawn, Gilbert, and Jason almost getting to the playoffs like 4 years ago. What happens afterwords, Gilbert gets signed to a huge contract by the Wizards (I can't believe warriors didn't give him the third year of the rookie deal to get his bird rights) and then proceed to trade away Antawn to the Mavericks.

OH yeah how about giving Adonal Foyle a monster size deal. Goodness gracious, he has only completed one year on that deal and they were already talking buy out.

Lets not forget their precious winning streak the year they traded for Baron. Seemed like a great team, lots of potential. Fans get excited. Then what happens; everything gets screwed up the next year. They are chucking threes left and right, and coach seems to have lost control over them. Then the inevitable happens, Baron gets injured once again. WOW!

Wait a minute, I forget that they gave monster size deals to Dunleavy (a player that just can't seem to get it going after 4 years in the league), and Troy Murphy (mr. soft in the post). They gave 105M in extensions over those two. I have no idea why.

Now this year, they seem like they are doing decent, Don has them playing pretty good ball, and now they are considering trading their center who has been spectacular, and Davis. I don't think Allen will make them a contender, because basically the Warriors go back to the same trash, no one can defend and protect the post. If they put Adonal in, its 4 vs 5 on offense.

Goodness gracious Warriors. V_V

saKf
12-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Chris Mullin - the NBA's third-worst GM.

adamcz
12-13-2006, 02:21 PM
This would be a bad trade for Golden State, but I believe it, because Mullin has already proven to be an idiot.

Hoonyo
12-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Chris Mullin - the NBA's third-worst GM.
Rod Higgins is the Warriors' GM.

Darius
12-13-2006, 02:25 PM
This would be a silly trade.

Baron Davis is a very good player and considering his age is almost on par with Iverson.

Biendres (sp?) is a solid young center at a very cheap price... very valuable in this league. He is what Dalembert should be at 10% the price.

I don't think Iverson would improve GS that much and besides they already got an AI in the making in Monta Ellis.

Hoonyo
12-13-2006, 02:28 PM
This would be a silly trade.

Baron Davis is a very good player and considering his age is almost on par with Iverson.

Biendres (sp?) is a solid young center at a very cheap price... very valuable in this league. He is what Dalembert should be at 10% the price.

I don't think Iverson would improve GS that much and besides they already got an AI in the making in Monta Ellis.
Seriously man. I cannot believe the Warriors are doing this. They are way too desperate.

wang4three
12-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Good Lord, I hope this doesn't happen.

dirkdiggler41
12-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Allen is a much better player then the baron. For the last seasons it has been a lot of hate against the baron. Now he is shooting over 40% and playing good. I can see him going back to the 30% once he comes to the sixers. I could see iverson really peak in Golden State. Don Nelson is a gread coach for him

All Net
12-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Baron will hate going to Philly, he lives the west coast so much.

Saying that this trade could get Philly back on track no doubt.

GOBB
12-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I wont be surprised because Billy King was really HIGH on Biendres in the draft. Ranked #3 on Billy King prospect list after Iggy and Al Jefferson.

Baron Davis deal...

$15
$16.4
$17.2

3yrs $48mil vs 3yrs $60mil = $12mil difference. Is that saving money? I guess.

:confusedshrug:

I HOPE Webber is next...screw that hold onto him this season and next season talk. Get rid of his contract and Dalembert. Package deal.

GOBB
12-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Baron will hate going to Philly, he lives the west coast so much.

Saying that this trade could get Philly back on track no doubt.

He wont hate Philly.

ElPigto
12-13-2006, 02:36 PM
If Philly could somehow package Samuel Dalembert and his ridiculous deal out of there, it would be great. Having Biedrins while Hunter backing him up would be a huge upgrade in sixerland. Honestly, Biedrins would probably dominate the East.

GOBB
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Baron Davis hasnt played over 60gms in how long???? :confusedshrug:

And AI has his dissers about FG%. Ummm :wtf: is Baron Davis shooting?

AI is twice the scorer, as good a passer/stealer and a better shooter not by a lot but enough. Gotta put up with him for 3yrs just so we can get a young talented big in Biendrins. :ohwell:

Atleast throw Patrick Obryant in the deal if you're not gonna include a first round pick. Sheesh.

MaxFly
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Which is the other team? Celtics... please....

mavsfan4zindagi
12-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Sixers should take this deal and run.

JohnnySic
12-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Wow, great deal for Philly if they get Baron and Biedrins.

GS giving up Biedrins would be almost, but not quite as bad as the Celtics giving up Big Al for AI. :D

miles berg
12-13-2006, 02:46 PM
I would be shocked if the Sixers actually get Baron and Biedrins for Iverson.

But the good news for me is that there is no way that the Mavs could match/beat that offer, so I can blame Nelson again.

All Net
12-13-2006, 02:46 PM
He wont hate Philly.

No I meant he will hate It compared to the west coast. He is a cal guy so going to the east will effect him quite abit one would think.

GOBB
12-13-2006, 02:49 PM
True that allnet.

Shocked at this deal? Baron Davis aint on AI level. He's a wannabe. You're paying $48mil the next 3yrs to a guy who cant even play 60gms.

Someone figure out the last 3yrs how many games he has played.

246gms = 3yrs of 82

How many has Baron played? Let me know. THe key to trading AI is getting an expirer, young talent and first round pick...any combination of the 3. Not take back a deal not much less than AI for a guy who could go down for the rest of the season at any moment. We already got WEBBER for that. Imagine both going down.

I wanna see the offer from this 2nd team supposedly with a deal on the table.

Crazy Style
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Sixers should make it a deal, it's one of the few trade ideas that actually make some sense.

All Net
12-13-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm shocked that GS would give up Biedrins, guy has been on a tear with the Warriors. I remember watching him get like 17 and 17 vs the Spurs this year or something close to that. Kid is a good player and is going to keep improving.

Baron is not as good as AI but is still a damn good player when he is playing Basketball and not throwing up every bad shot. Great passer too. He will fit nicely with Kyle Korver.

I'm wondering who the "3rd guy is"

If it is pietrus? then DAMN.....

I understand where you are coming from GOBB though

young talent and picks, expiring contracts seems to be what philly want

Biedrins, Pietrus, future pick and salary filler for AI would seem likely to what philly would want. What Baron makes is alot I agree.

Da KO King
12-13-2006, 02:53 PM
No I meant he will hate It compared to the west coast. He is a cal guy so going to the east will effect him quite abit one would think.So I guese we only imagined him playing in Charlotte, New Orleans, and spending large parts of his summer in New York playing in the Entertainer's Basketball Classic?

Baron will play where ever the money is.

If Allen does change his ways this could be a good deal for Golden State.

mln03
12-13-2006, 02:58 PM
I wont be surprised because Billy King was really HIGH on Biendres in the draft. Ranked #3 on Billy King prospect list after Iggy and Al Jefferson.

Baron Davis deal...

$15
$16.4
$17.2

3yrs $48mil vs 3yrs $60mil = $12mil difference. Is that saving money? I guess.

:confusedshrug:

I HOPE Webber is next...screw that hold onto him this season and next season talk. Get rid of his contract and Dalembert. Package deal.

Hey Gobb, doesn't this make you think BK's targeting somebody for him not to take this alleged deal? Does to me. Maybe for #2 on his hit list?

Spike Spiegel
12-13-2006, 03:02 PM
What idiots. I'd trade BOTH Ellis and Pietrus before I dealt the Sixers Biedrins.

kentatm
12-13-2006, 03:06 PM
from 03/04 - 05/06 Baron has played in just 167 games or 55.6 per year.

if you go from 02/03 - 05/06 its an even worse 217 games or 54.25 per year.

02/03 - 50 games
03/04 - 67 games
04/05 - 46 games
05/06 - 54 games

GOBB
12-13-2006, 03:07 PM
from 03/04 - 05/06 Baron has played in just 167 games or 55.6 per year.

if you go from 02/03 - 05/06 its an even worse 217 games or 54.25 per year.

:banghead:

MMM
12-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Philly is trying to offload Baron to a 3rd team most likely a west coast team to accommodate Davis. Another possibility is King is trying to get other teams to sweeten their offers by leaking this.

eauclaire447
12-13-2006, 03:11 PM
indy would make more sense

eauclaire447
12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
jackson
tinsley
sarunus
that seems to work out good for both sides

joe lucky
12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Warriors finally get a steal in Biedrins and want to ship him off for the last 3 years of AI? Kid is 20! Did you see the Spurs game? Soft hands, great touch, defensive tenacity, etc. The only weakness is his FT% which most C's suck at anyway. I agree though that Baron is expendable. Hopefully the Warriors do something smart and do a package deal sans Biedrins like Baron, Pietrus and Diogu or something.
Or maybe even Troy Murphy who is getting no PT from Nelson. He'll get alot of looks in Philly and will sort of be like Chris Webber 2 out there (big contract, shooting big man, w/ injuries :D)

GOBB
12-13-2006, 03:17 PM
jackson
tinsley
sarunus

No it doesnt.

Se
12-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Stupid Mullin, log in to ISH, and read this stuff.

Trade Davis and Ellis for Iverson. That works. What a dumbass.

Qwyjibo
12-13-2006, 03:18 PM
jackson
tinsley
sarunus

I would rather have Biedrins alone than all of that. Indy has little to offer realistically.

Se
12-13-2006, 03:18 PM
No it doesnt.

Co-sign that's terrible. Sixers need a pick and Granger instead of Sarunas

MMM
12-13-2006, 03:20 PM
jackson
tinsley
sarunus

Philly wont do that, also the only way the pacers get AI is by getting a 3rd team so Philly can get Picks/expiring contracts. The same with the Wolves those teams don't have the assets so they need a 3rd team. And teams don't want to give up a pick in a strong draft.

Real Men Wear Green
12-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Which is the other team? Celtics... please....
The final offer was something like West or Telfair, Tony Allen, Ratliff and a pick. G-State's offer clearly beats that. Celtics are out.

eliteballer
12-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Philly is trying to offload Baron to a 3rd team most likely a west coast team to accommodate Davis. Another possibility is King is trying to get other teams to sweeten their offers by leaking this.

Yup...Lakers are in the mix. This deal seems pretty pointless from AI and the Warriors perspective though.

FireMcFailPlease
12-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Philly wont do that, also the only way the pacers get AI is by getting a 3rd team so Philly can get Picks/expiring contracts. The same with the Wolves those teams don't have the assets so they need a 3rd team. And teams don't want to give up a pick in a strong draft.
Wolves have THEE sought after asset.

Theyre 1 move away from gettin this thing.

saKf
12-13-2006, 03:32 PM
jackson
tinsley
sarunus
Both sides of Indiana?

MMM
12-13-2006, 03:33 PM

Minny is desperately looking for a team to give them a 1st.

FireMcFailPlease
12-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Minny is desperately looking for a team to give them a 1st.
or expiring big contract.

ElPigto
12-13-2006, 03:35 PM

Which one are you talking about?

Foye.

Gosh it's only one dang player, what other trash can Minni offer. Ricky Davis? Mike James?

That's a load of crap if you ask me. I would rather have Biedrins and Davis. Philly has been looking for a center, they might as well take that deal. Imagine if they demand Pietrus or Ellis, this is going to be crazy.

artest 93
12-13-2006, 03:39 PM
i thought he wanted to be on a winning team.

Spike Spiegel
12-13-2006, 03:40 PM
jackson
tinsley
sarunus

Well, everyone else has already told you why that doesn't work out for both side and why Indy does NOT make more sense....but oh what the hell.

That does not work out for both teams. Indy does not make more sense.

Young talent vs. peaked older talent? No contest.

FabCasablancas
12-13-2006, 03:40 PM
If you think Don Nelson is going to trade Baron Davis and Andris Biedrins for AI and a backup center you are retarded.

We are talking about the guy who traded Tractor Traylor and got Dirk back..

If GS was to do this trade.. why the heck wouldn't Philly have pulled the trigger immediately? This would make everyone involved complete idiots.

Spike Spiegel
12-13-2006, 03:45 PM
If you think Don Nelson is going to trade Baron Davis and Andris Biedrins for AI and a backup center you are retarded.

We are talking about the guy who traded Tractor Traylor and got Dirk back..

If GS was to do this trade.. why the heck wouldn't Philly have pulled the trigger immediately? This would make everyone involved complete idiots.

But Nelson isn't the GM. Mullin is. And Mullin's an idiot.

FireMcFailPlease
12-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Which one are you talking about?

Foye.

Gosh it's only one dang player, what other trash can Minni offer. Ricky Davis? Mike James?

That's a load of crap if you ask me. I would rather have Biedrins and Davis. Philly has been looking for a center, they might as well take that deal. Imagine if they demand Pietrus or Ellis, this is going to be crazy.
once GS finds out AI doesnt want to goto the west coast, theyll be throwing away their top center aspect for nothing.

i think AI has to much leverage on this that will start making teams rethink what theyre offering to what theyll get with the exchange.

and yea, james and davis are just trash. Davis is about as cheap as they'll come when it comes to production, but philly wont be him since he'll be in a trade to get somethin else likely.

ElPigto
12-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Besides, Don Nelson is a risk taker as well.

Not many thought Dirk would amount to anything in this league, while Tractor Traylor had "upside".

Don't you dare doubt Nelson, nor the stupidity of Chris Mullin. Those two combined can make this trade happen.

FireMcFailPlease
12-13-2006, 03:51 PM

Not many thought Dirk would amount to anything in this league, while Tractor Traylor had "upside".

Don't you dare doubt Nelson, nor the stupidity of Chris Mullin. Those two combined can make this thread happen.
thread? you mean trade

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-13-2006, 03:57 PM
AI to G-St? G-St still won't win a title. AI will only be taking a West All Star spot if he plays for G-St.

kentatm
12-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Not many thought Dirk would amount to anything in this league

if you are talking NBA scouts and insiders thats not true

FabCasablancas
12-13-2006, 04:06 PM
But Nelson isn't the GM. Mullin is. And Mullin's an idiot.

Yeah.. but he has Nellie as his advisor. There is no way in hell this is happening.

FabCasablancas
12-13-2006, 04:07 PM

Don't you dare doubt Nelson, nor the stupidity of Chris Mullin. Those two combined can make this trade happen.

BS.. Nellie makes crap franchises into winners.. not the other way around.

Jailblazers7
12-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a good trade if it were Baron, Bedrinis, and Pietrus (No way they trade Ellis and Bedrinis) but i would want a draft pick also

JohnnyBravo5
12-13-2006, 04:56 PM
I am happy for GS. It is good to see that the only team that has sucked worse than us for the past 10 years has the balls to make a move, while Billy Knight sits on his azz picking his fro:banghead:

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
12-13-2006, 04:59 PM
damn, what if it was

Monta Ellis
Baron Davis
Biedrins

They mentioned a 3rd player..

tsk tsk what a steal

GOBB
12-13-2006, 05:09 PM
What do they need Pietrus for?

crisoner
12-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Why would the Warriors do this?

This would be a bad deal for them IMO.
Trading one traoubled guard for another????
And giving up a young up and coming center plus a third option?

I don't know how Iverson would fair playing in the tuger Western Conference either. It will be him...J-Rich...???

I don't know man...I think the SIxers would come up in this deal.

saKf
12-13-2006, 05:11 PM
If Pietrus was the third man, it'd simply be a tryout for the rest of the season.

If you like him, he's a restricted free agent at season's end, and you can match a reasonable offer.

If you don't like him, you can save the money or negotiate a sign-and-trade.

Jailblazers7
12-13-2006, 05:12 PM

Athletic, brings some offensive punch, and can play decent defense but i see what you mean we dont really need him in the trade cause we already have iggy and carney

MMM
12-13-2006, 05:44 PM
The Guy on the Sixers board is saying GS is out AI doesn't want to go to the West Coast(entire state of Cali)

ElPigto
12-13-2006, 05:45 PM
The Guy on the Sixers board is saying GS is out AI doesn't want to go to the West Coast(entire state of Cali)

Is he a legit source?

BradMiller52
12-13-2006, 05:46 PM

WTF is his problem with Cali? I love it here. Most players do.

MMM
12-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Is he a legit source?

he has been reliable, he had the offer if AI to GS before the news reports. Also he had reliable info yesterday as well.

ElPigto
12-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Alright cool.

Well where the hell is Iverson going to end up?

I feel sorry for the 76ers, it seems as if they have no control over the situation. That's what happens when those trade clauses are thrown into contracts.

MTing
12-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Damn I think thats a little to much for just AI and Hunter.
AI
Monta Ellis
J-Rich
???
???
Whos gonna be C and PF?
If this trade does go through im gonna be sad.
At ASG Kobe and AI on the same team:eek:

BradMiller52
12-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Alright cool.

Well where the hell is Iverson going to end up?

I feel sorry for the 76ers, it seems as if they have no control over the situation. That's what happens when those trade clauses are thrown into contracts.

He doesn't have a no trade clause, the potential of an unhappy Iverson is just too big of an explosion waiting to happen. If he's not happy going there, a team won't touch him/

GOBB
12-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Damn I think thats a little to much for just AI and Hunter.
AI
Monta Ellis
J-Rich
???
???
Whos gonna be C and PF?
If this trade does go through im gonna be sad.
At ASG Kobe and AI on the same team:eek:

Dunleavy, Troy Murphy. Simple.

Real Men Wear Green
12-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Is he a legit source?
Don't know how reliable your source's source is, but I'm wondering how much control Iverson has over this. If he can veto destinations after requesting a trade he's basically holding the entire Sixer franchise hostage. He could make them accept whatever table scraps are returned so that he can play for a Championship or at least be on a good team. I wonder if he can make them accept one of Ainge's no Pierce/no Jefferson/no Green trade proposals? That would be nothing short of awesome for us Celtic fans.

MMM
12-13-2006, 06:23 PM
The AI saga wont end Philly is going to end up getting pennies for him, this is really sad.

b1imtf
03-25-2014, 12:56 AM
xD

CavaliersFTW
03-25-2014, 12:57 AM
xD
nice :oldlol:

IncarceratedBob
03-25-2014, 12:58 AM
He went to Denver instead and poisoned Melo. Such a shame.

hangintheair
03-25-2014, 01:17 AM
Wow! what happen to Biedrins??? He is the reason why the deal didn't go through.

Smook A.
03-25-2014, 01:22 AM
Reading old posts is always great

bdreason
03-25-2014, 01:50 AM
Biedrins is untouchable.

Akrazotile
03-25-2014, 02:27 AM
Biedrins is untouchable.

He on the Golden State mt rushmore, no question

JimmyMcAdocious
03-25-2014, 02:38 AM