PDA

View Full Version : Discussion about LeBron James clutch performances this season

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-06-2011, 10:33 PM
The guy sucks in clutch situations that its not even funny, game after game after game he chokes. All he does is pad his stats the first three quarters and the 4th quarter he gets mentally nervous, fake superstar

Mr. Jabbar
04-06-2011, 10:34 PM
The guy sucks in clutch situations that its not even funny, game after game after game he chokes. All he does is pad his stats the first three quarters and the 4th quarter he gets mentally nervous, fake superstar

wrong. it is funny.

Grim
04-06-2011, 10:35 PM
it's pathetic now. we have laughed enough. now it's just fukking sad.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-06-2011, 10:36 PM
it's pathetic now. we have laughed enough. now it's just fukking sad.

Greatest choker of all time

Heat007
04-06-2011, 10:38 PM
It's no secret that the team is a lot better and more fluid when Wade is the primary ball handler in the 4th quarters with LeBron working well off the ball.

Just gotta beat Boston on Sunday. D-Wade will be there.

hkfosho
04-06-2011, 10:38 PM
pauk suicidal level:

DANGEROUSLY IMMINENT

Kurosawa0
04-06-2011, 10:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU2N0q6iSHk

Eat Like A Bosh
04-06-2011, 10:40 PM
The guy sucks in clutch situations that its not even funny. wrong. it is funny.
I agree

fubu05
04-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Funny how tonight, the game before, Melo hits a 3 in Iggy's face, with 12 seconds left, to push the lead back up to 4 and bury the Sixers, when the Sixers just cut it down to 1 on the previous play with a 3 from Iggy.

STATUTORY
04-06-2011, 10:41 PM

lol @ dis ni99a pulling up video from 2006 and shit. Nothing from this year :oldlol: :oldlol:

hkfosho
04-06-2011, 10:42 PM

Last one: he travelled

First three teams were shitty

And notice how most of those "clutch shots" were actually drive-in layups... let's see him try to do that against a legit defensive team :oldlol:
Le fail

Kurosawa0
04-06-2011, 10:42 PM
lol @ dis ni99a pulling up video from 2006 and shit. Nothing from this year :oldlol: :oldlol:

Funny though, I do believe that is LeBron James. :roll:

KingBeasley08
04-06-2011, 10:43 PM
dude stop. this why people hate rose

Kurosawa0
04-06-2011, 10:44 PM

Le fail

Man, you guys will weave yourselves into the most amazing pretzels to bash the guy.

Hulk Hogan

Game Winner with 50 seconds left? :roll: :roll:

hkfosho

Hate on him, I don't give a shit. He's already proven he's the MVP.

It's a vicious circle in this forum, suck it up

Kurosawa0
04-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Game Winner with 50 seconds left? :roll: :roll:

Yeah, if you know... you actually watched the game.

KingBeasley08
04-06-2011, 10:45 PM

Le fail
since when was portland a sh*tty team especially considering roy was healthy. quit using the travel excuse.

anyway, which good teams has rose hit a game winner against? good ridiance

KingBeasley08
04-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Hate on him, I don't give a shit. He's already proven he's the MVP.

It's a vicious circle in this forum, suck it up
lebron is a 2 time MVP. its kinda ridiculous when ppl go trolling other players getter than their favorite player

STATUTORY
04-06-2011, 10:46 PM
since when was portland a sh*tty team especially considering roy was healthy. quit using the travel excuse.

why you keep bringing up rose?

ain't gotta nothin to do with Lebron choking in the clutch

KingBeasley08
04-06-2011, 10:47 PM
why you keep bringing up rose?

ain't gotta nothin to do with Lebron choking in the clutch
yea he choked but the OP is tryna push his own agenda

Indian guy
04-06-2011, 10:48 PM
That has been an issue post-AS break this season, I cannot deny it. There's a noticeable hesitation in his game.

NBASTATMAN
Lebron was good in the clutch in his last two or three seasons with Cleveland but in Miami he just hasn't had it in the last minutes of games..

His fourth quarters are not bad though.. Its the last minute of the game where he really scuks at.. He is excellent in the first 47 minutes but he is the one guy that you as an opponent want to shoot the ball in a close game..

DRose is the most clutch player in the game right now.. At least from what I have seen this season...

whoartthou

Clutch layups :roll: :roll:

hkfosho

Rose's in his 3rd year and the amount of clutch moments he's had this season just blows LeBron's chokeness out the water.

here are some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgyAdWDqXZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3EWp4kehPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUg47r7hicQ

Game winner last season in a double OT game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dvcuuXzxbc

Kurosawa0
04-06-2011, 10:50 PM
It's honestly just a matter of whether or not you actually watch the sport of basketball or look at it like a TV show. LeBron has had plenty of clutch moments in both the regular season and the playoffs. You just have had to watch and understand the sport.

SavageMode
That has been an issue post-AS break this season, I cannot deny it. There's an noticeable hesitation in his game.
I do agree, he isn't as lethal and focused as he was in his days in Cleveland.. but dudes still the best NBA player presently, and the past 2x MVP.

NBASTATMAN
That has been an issue post-AS break this season, I cannot deny it. There's an noticeable hesitation in his game.

It has .. I think he doesn't get the spacing he did with Cleveland so he really doesn't have the room to operate.. He has never been a great one on one player and I think Spolestra really has never realized that... Most of his shots are in the flow of the game but not many one on one ISO's.. If he does ISO his best option is to take one step and shoot.. Anything More and he is not going to get it done..

hkfosho
lebron is a 2 time MVP. its kinda ridiculous when ppl go trolling other players getter than their favorite player

lebron is a 2 time MVP, good for him. But he is nowhere being as clutch as Rose. That is fake superstar at its best

fubu05
04-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Funny though, I do believe that is LeBron James. :roll:

I do agree, no matter what, a game winner is simply, a game winner.

Although when you do look deeper into it, that was a LeBron that was still somewhat young to the league. So what do you notice, you see LeBron blowing by his man and getting to the paint where he is almost unstoppable. Now you see teams develop a strategy of having their man sag off LeBron and dare him to shoot, which is definitely not his strength. Teams have learned how to take away from LeBron's strength, and now make it much harder for him to score, couple that with the pressure in a clutch situation, and you see that LeBron just simply isn't comfortable in the clutch. Not to take away from him being an amazing overall player, but he just isn't a clutch player.

hkfosho
04-06-2011, 10:51 PM
It's honestly just a matter of whether or not you actually watch the sport of basketball or look at it like a TV show. LeBron has had plenty of clutch moments in both the regular season and the playoffs. You just have had to watch and understand the sport.

He's been in the year for 7 seasons, of course he's gonna have clutch moments. But this season, it's just pretty fvcking sad to be honest :facepalm

KingBeasley08
04-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Rose's in his 3rd year and the amount of clutch moments he's had this season just blows LeBron's chokeness out the water.

here are some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgyAdWDqXZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3EWp4kehPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUg47r7hicQ

Game winner last season in a double OT game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dvcuuXzxbc
two are sh*tty teams tho using ur logic :confusedshrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc0b73xeSYg

NBASTATMAN
I do agree, he isn't as lethal and focused as he was in his days in Cleveland.. but dudes still the best NBA player presently, and the past 2x MVP.

Best player in the game for the first 47 minutes but he has been pretty bad the last one minute... In Cleveland he was much better.. He was actually very good... I guess he isn't getting the spacing that he did in Cleveland and that may be a factor...

Kurosawa0
He's been in the year for 7 seasons, of course he's gonna have clutch moments. But this season, it's just pretty fvcking sad to be honest :facepalm

Did you even watch the game?

NBASTATMAN
04-06-2011, 10:54 PM

I agree.. He has been good in the past but he isn't getting it done in the last minutes of a game this season.. Kind of Pippen like...

KingBeasley08
04-06-2011, 10:54 PM
lebron is a 2 time MVP, good for him. But he is nowhere being as clutch as Rose. That is fake superstar at its best
rose hasnt won a playoff series yet bro. chill with the "more clutch than bron" junk

Glide2keva
04-06-2011, 10:55 PM
It's no secret that the team is a lot better and more fluid when Wade is the primary ball handler in the 4th quarters with LeBron working well off the ball.

Just gotta beat Boston on Sunday. D-Wade will be there.
Didn't you post this in another thread?

Doranku
04-06-2011, 10:59 PM
This isn't exactly a secret. The formula to beating Miami is easy: Keep the game close, and keep the ball out of Wade's hands at the end of games.

I know Wade didn't play tonight, but it's crazy how he's not the one with the ball in his hands at the end of games. He's the best player in the league, yet he gets reduced to a pedestrian standing outside the three point line late in games.

Mind boggling.

Indian guy
04-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I just :facepalm @ those who say he's never been clutch. You have to be so ignorant and so completely devoid of any statistical knowledge to hold that opinion. No one over the last few years has been more money at the end of games than LeBron. Not only statistics back this up, but ask some of the Cleveland fans on this board who watched him the past 7 years.

Which is what makes his struggles so frustrating this season. I think it's a case of both mental and physical. He's clearly thinking too much out there(thus the hesitation). And he clearly can't attack the rim like he used to.

hkfosho
04-06-2011, 11:01 PM
two are sh*tty teams tho using ur logic :confusedshrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc0b73xeSYg

Those were examples. He has more but I'm too lazy to search them up.

and that buzzer beater by LeBron is the only legit one ppl remember of him :lol

hkfosho
04-06-2011, 11:02 PM
rose hasnt won a playoff series yet bro. chill with the "more clutch than bron" junk

rose's last 2 teams were 7th and 8th seeds. What about LeBron? Best record in the East and LeQuits against the Magic last year. talk about choking

Indian guy
04-06-2011, 11:03 PM
This isn't exactly a secret. The formula to beating Miami is easy: Keep the game close, and keep the ball out of Wade's hands at the end of games.

You do realize that Wade's been significantly worse than LeBron at the end of games this season?

Educate yourself, please. (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/5622/who-is-the-heats-closer)

Heat007
04-06-2011, 11:04 PM

I know Wade didn't play tonight, but it's crazy how he's not the one with the ball in his hands at the end of games. He's the best player in the league, yet he gets reduced to a pedestrian standing outside the three point line late in games.

Mind boggling.

We've already figured that out brah. And that's what he's been doing lately since the losing streak if you followed the team since then

Wade is controlling the ball late in games and James not only is letting him do it but is playing into the plan by setting screens to free his teammate up. Just a plain pick-and-roll -- but it can be brutal to handle if it is executed just right and everyone buys into it.

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra and Wade have been gently trying to sell this to James for some time now, but it was understandably foreign to the two-time Most Valuable Player. He was used to getting the screens in crunch time and playing isolation, not setting the screens and waiting for a pass if it came his way.

Getting James to make changes to his game has always been a process, even when he was much younger and not so set in his ways. For example, it took two seasons of drilling under former Cavaliers coach Mike Brown for James to fully commit to playing defense, and he quickly became one of the better defenders in the league.

It is possible that failing in so many close games with the ball solely in his hands this season -- for which he felt compelled to apologize to his teammates -- may have convinced him to try something new. The early returns are helping.

“I think he's starting to see that this can open up his overall game, and he's going to want to do it more," Wade said last week, almost as a plea for James to continue to set those screens and let him control the ball.

It started in the Heat’s win over the Los Angeles Lakers, which began a run that is now seven wins in eight games. On that night, the Heat won a close game when Wade was at the controls for the stretch run, with James as wingman.

On Friday, Wade had 39 points, 18 in the fourth quarter as he used James and the threat of James to eviscerate the Sixers’ defense.

In another set the Heat have been rolling out, James will stand in the corner as Wade comes off a separate screen and forces James’ man to make a decision to stay home or help on one of the greatest drivers in the history of the game.

Eight different times the Heat ran a newer set against the Sixers, just fully installed in the last couple of weeks

While James and Wade were putting up huge numbers and forced the Sixers to make Sophie's Choice on defense, Bosh had 20 points and 10 rebounds.

Kurosawa0
04-06-2011, 11:04 PM
and that buzzer beater by LeBron is the only legit one ppl remember of him :lol

Not if you actually watch basketball.

Kingwillball
04-06-2011, 11:05 PM

Mind boggling.

In your mind, but not the truth.

DJmicah
04-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Jesus Christ! quit trolling, " he's nothing compared to rose" what about 2011 MVP Rose?" "Rose is most clutch", we know that he's the most clutch this year, we know he's MVP, we know he's led the bulls to the #1 seed, don't be a troll and constantly bring him up, this is a lebron thread, talk about him or go to a rose thread, don't be like the LeBron Wade and Kobe Stans you hate so much. Compare them in a thread about both of them, and have a good discussion without homerism.

That is all...

madmax
04-06-2011, 11:07 PM
I just :facepalm @ those who say he's never been clutch. You have to be so ignorant and so completely devoid of any statistical knowledge to hold that opinion. No one over the last few years has been more money at the end of games than LeBron. Not only statistics back this up, but ask some of the Cleveland fans on this board who watched him the past 7 years.

Which is what makes his struggles so frustrating this season. I think it's a case of both mental and physical. He's clearly thinking too much out there(thus the hesitation). And he clearly can't attack the rim like he used to.

here you go again with your whining:facepalm Did you miss his blistering layup at the end of the game to put the game to 81-83 score? He looked pretty fast to me there. The problem is spacing and I believe coaching too - Spoelstra wants Lebron to play off the ball more and he doesn't have the same ISO situations as he did back in Cleveland.

Kurosawa0
04-06-2011, 11:07 PM
In your mind, but not the truth.

There can be no truth to something like that.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-06-2011, 11:09 PM

Haha you idiot, LeBron wishes he was as clutch as Rose and as mentally strong

Kingwillball
04-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Jesus Christ! quit trolling, " he's nothing compared to rose" what about 2011 MVP Rose?" "Rose is most clutch", we know that he's the most clutch this year, we know he's MVP, we know he's led the bulls to the #1 seed, don't be a troll and constantly bring him up, this is a lebron thread, talk about him or go to a rose thread, don't be like the LeBron Wade and Kobe Stans you hate so much. Compare them in a thread about both of them, and have a good discussion without homerism.

That is all...

Stop Comparing Rose to Lebron he STILL HAS A LONG WAY to go to even be mentioned in Lebrons class choking or not.. Let the Playoffs play out than we can be having these discussions. Rose Deserves MVP leading team to #1 seed but Lebron still the best player and if hits a few of those gamewinners during 6 gm slide and Heat finished as #1 seed we would be talking his 3rd straight MVP right now.

DMAVS41
04-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Lebron has actually been pretty good in crunch time this year. He's just struggled on these game winning type shots. Nothing new for him. He's been struggling on these for 2 or 3 years now. He's a career 30% shooter on game winners. He forces up way too many bad shots and long 3s. He takes the easy way out and settles.

He actually used to be very good in these situations. He would attack and create great looks for his teammates.

Now, he's taken the Kobe approach. Hero ball. Just pound the ball and force up a terrible jumper that goes in around 30% of the time. There is absolutely no reason why guys as talented as Lebron and Kobe should be converting game winners at over 10% less than Dirk and nearly 20% less than Melo.

Lebron needs to get back to playing his game. He needs to stop listening to people who criticize him for making the right basketball play and passing. He knows what to do, but he's letting this complex impact his play. Very much like Kobe does. Really bad right now and it could cost them in the playoffs.

Glide2keva
Stop Comparing Rose to Lebron he STILL HAS A LONG WAY to go to even be mentioned in Lebrons class choking or not.. Let the Playoffs play out than we can be having these discussions. Rose Deserves MVP leading team to #1 seed but Lebron still the best player and if hits a few of those gamewinners during 6 gm slide and Heat finished as #1 seed we would be talking his 3rd straight MVP right now.
Well, we can compare how they did against the same team: Rose in a tight game against Milwaukee scored the final 8 points, and assisted on the other 4 in the final minutes of the game to seal a win. lebronze in a tight game against Milwaukee hoists up 30' 3's and utterly chokes.

That's a fact and cannot be spun to make lebron look good.

DRose.IS.da.MAN

No one brought Rose up till KingBeasely

DJmicah
:facepalm you're becoming just as bad as all the lebron kobe and wade stans, you can like rose, but don't troll so much, it makes people not like the player when your always talking about him, I truly believe if there wasn't so many stans here, people would like bron and kobe so much more...
or at least respect them

Glide2keva
No one brought Rose up till KingBeasely
Exactly, go check the thread.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Well, we can compare how they did against the same team: Rose in a tight game against Milwaukee scored the final 8 points, and assisted on the other 4 in the final minutes of the game to seal a win. lebronze in a tight game against Milwaukee hoists up 30' 3's and utterly chokes.

That's a fact and cannot be spun to make lebron look good.

So true, crazy how important having a tough mentality is in basketball

Glide2keva
04-06-2011, 11:15 PM
:facepalm you're becoming just as bad as all the lebron kobe and wade stans, you can like rose, but don't troll so much, it makes people not like the player when your always talking about him, I truly believe if there wasn't so many stans here, people would like bron and kobe so much more...
Right, like how the Heat fans have been trolling all the Bulls threads as of last month to now?

But that's fine when they do it. :rolleyes:

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-06-2011, 11:17 PM

What I said in the thread is true, no one brought up Rose till that beasely guy

Glide2keva
04-06-2011, 11:17 PM
So true, crazy how important having a tough mentality is in basketball
They can't dispute it, so they won't quote it, truth hurts.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Right, like how the Heat fans have been trolling all the Bulls threads as of last month to now?

But that's fine when they do it. :rolleyes:

Yeah right, purplechuck, pauk, kingbeasely,donaldtrump are all the biggest trolls and dumbest posters on here

DMAVS41
04-06-2011, 11:19 PM
They can't dispute it, so they won't quote it, truth hurts.

I wouldn't really talk of Rose like he's been great in the clutch this year. The dude is shooting less than 40% in crunch time.

He's been ok, but thats about it.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-06-2011, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't really talk of Rose like he's been great in the clutch this year. The dude is shooting less than 40% in crunch time.

He's been ok, but thats about it.

I rather have Rose than LeBron on my team if my team was down and there were a minute left in the game

DMAVS41
04-06-2011, 11:21 PM
I rather have Rose than LeBron on my team if my team was down and there were a minute left in the game

tough call this year. i'd probably take rose as well, but neither lebron or rose have been great or anything in crunch time. really a down year for everyone other than Dirk.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-06-2011, 11:22 PM
tough call this year. i'd probably take rose as well, but neither lebron or rose have been great or anything in crunch time. really a down year for everyone other than Dirk.

Those stats are based on 5 minutes left.

If there are less than 2 minutes, I want Rose or Kobe

DMAVS41
04-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Those stats are based on 5 minutes left.

If there are less than 2 minutes, I want Rose or Kobe

Well, Kobe has been awful this year. Rose has been ok, but Dirk has easily been the best in the last 2 minutes.

And Carmelo has now officially established himself as the best game winning shot maker in the league. His body of work is downright scary in the last 8 years.

DJmicah
04-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Yeah right, purplechuck, pauk, kingbeasely,donaldtrump are all the biggest trolls and dumbest posters on here
I know, they do make us heat fans look BAD, and I'll tell them the same thing, trolling makes your fav player hated by everybody else...

Glide2keva
04-06-2011, 11:27 PM
I know, they do make us heat fans look BAD, and I'll tell them the same thing, trolling makes your fav player hated by everybody else...
If you feel this way, can you tell the other Heat fans to stop co-signing these trolls. That gives you guys a bad rap more than anything they post.

DJmicah
04-06-2011, 11:27 PM
What I said in the thread is true, no one brought up Rose till that beasely guy
Yeah, but you obviously only Made this Thread to Point out Lebrons Flaws and make Rose Look Better

Clocian-IGN
04-06-2011, 11:28 PM

its hilarious none of them are around right now :roll:

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-06-2011, 11:29 PM
If you feel this way, can you tell the other Heat fans to stop co-signing these trolls. That gives you guys a bad rap more than anything they post.

Those heat trolls come to every Rose thread and write hate comments, every single thread of DROse's :hammerhead: even when Rose does good, they hate :hammerhead:

Glide2keva
04-06-2011, 11:30 PM
its hilarious none of them are around right now :roll:
That's what they do.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah, but you obviously only Made this Thread to Point out Lebrons Flaws and make Rose Look Better

Nope, I never mentioned Rose.

Im saying the truth, LeBron isnt mentally tough for clutch situations, but everyone sees that by now, wade should be taking them

Sarcastic
04-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Did Lebronze miss another shot tonight?

DJmicah
04-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Some post Legit Arguments Like Heat007 and PurpleChuck(once every 2 years) but "u mad" pics and sh*t is just stupid, if you want to argue Lebron over Kobe or Wade over Gasol(wtf was up with that thread?) then quit using pics and discuss, I know pics are worth 1,000 words but seriously...

DMAVS41
04-06-2011, 11:34 PM

Im saying the truth, LeBron isnt mentally tough for clutch situations, but everyone sees that by now, wade should be taking them

I'm not sure you can call Lebron mentally weak based on such a small sample size of game winning opportunities just this year and ignore his history.

The problem with Wade taking them is that he's been worse than Lebron in these situations throughout his entire career.

Its been Wade's biggest weakness. His play in crunch time and on game winners is not good. He turns the ball over way too much and settles for bad jumpers a lot.

Glide2keva
04-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Some post Legit Arguments Like Heat007 and PurpleChuck(once every 2 years) but "u mad" pics and sh*t is just stupid, if you want to argue Lebron over Kobe or Wade over Gasol(wtf was up with that thread?) then quit using pics and discuss, I know pics are worth 1,000 words but seriously...
They do not post legit points. They troll and troll hard all the time in EVERY Rose/Bulls thread.

But it's fine for them to do it.

DJmicah
04-06-2011, 11:37 PM

If everybody see's that Lebron sucks in the clutch and Wade should Be the Closer, then why make this thread? :confusedshrug:
To Troll and Hate, just don't do it anymore

DJmicah
04-06-2011, 11:44 PM
They do not post legit points. They troll and troll hard all the time in EVERY Rose/Bulls thread.

But it's fine for them to do it.
I'll say the same thing to them next time I see them in a rose thread, but they bring up good points defending Wade and Bron in Most Hate thrads I see against those guys( just heat007, pauk and Purplechuck every once in a while, when they get serious and quit foolin' around they could have a good discussion) , I'm pretty sure they just post lebrons stats and "u mad" pics in rose threads though right?

RedBlackAttack
04-06-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm seeing regression in James' game this season and I'm a bit shocked, to be completely honest. I said as soon as the move was made that he and Wade would struggle to co-exist, but I did not think that James would look this different in a Heat uniform.

I think that there are some people on here that need to go back and watch some of James' Cavalier games from 2007-10. The guy was totally unstoppable. It wasn't about teams that have now devised a defensive system to stop him down the stretch... Teams have been trying to use the same defensive strategies with almost no success for the last five years.

This year, it is working and I sit here, scratching my head.

I've been watching LeBron play since his freshman year at SVSM and I have never seen him struggle in the way that he is struggling this year, especially in critical moments of the game.

There were maybe one or two teams in the league that were capable of frustrating LeBron in the clutch from 2007-10. With the other teams in the NBA? He took over when he deemed that it was time to do so and that included late in the game.... 27 teams were literally at the mercy of James and had to hope that he just missed or the wide open guy that he found late in a game just missed.

There was no question, though, that he was going to get where he wanted when he wanted to get there. The only teams that were capable of taking him away from those spots were really good defensive squads with a lot of length... The Celtics, Lakers, Spurs and... Well, that is pretty much it.

Now, you are seeing him frustrated and not getting where he wants to get against the Bucks and Cavs.

This new incarnation of James is laboring out there. It isn't just an issue in the clutch, either. He is just not as dominant as he was from 2007-10. It is just most obvious in the clutch when a defense is really keyed in, a coach has installed a unit on the floor with the idea of stopping him and that clock is ticking down...

He looks completely uncomfortable and unable to get where he wants to get.

Maybe it is all of that bulk that he has put on? But, he was pretty damned big in 2009 and 2010, but still completely dominant including in end-of-game situations.

Maybe it is that his team isn't built the way that his former team was built and he doesn't have the driving lanes that he used to? But, Mike Bibby and Mike Miller aren't too shabby from the outside and they have to be respected. They aren't totally devoid of shooters.

I don't know what to make of it, other than the absolute absurd thought that maybe he is slowing down at 25. I don't really believe that and it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, but what I'm seeing out of James this year isn't making a lot of sense, either.

And, please... Let's not talk about statistics. I've watched this guy play basketball literally since he was 14 years old. There is something not right this season. Maybe multiple things? :confusedshrug:

All I know is that he just is not as dominant as he has been in previous years... And, dare I say, not even close to as dominant. I said last year that his dominance level was getting dangerously close to the absolute best peak players I had ever seen in my lifetime (Bird, Jordan, Shaq, Dream). I can't say that after this year.

sh0wtime
04-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Funny how such a thread always pops up when the Heat lose a game, as far as this statement goes, we all know deep down how delusional it is, Lebron has proved him more than enough in the clutch, but just like any player he is human and wont make 100% of those shots.

FKAri
04-06-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm seeing regression in James' game this season and I'm a bit shocked, to be completely honest. I said as soon as the move was made that he and Wade would struggle to co-exist, but I did not think that James would look this different in a Heat uniform.

I think that there are some people on here that need to go back and watch some of James' Cavalier games from 2007-10. The guy was totally unstoppable. It wasn't about teams that have now devised a defensive system to stop him down the stretch... Teams have been trying to use the same defensive strategies with almost no success for the last five years.

I've been watching LeBron play since his freshman year at SVSM and I have never seen him struggle in the way that he is struggling this year, especially in critical moments of the game.

There were maybe one or two teams in the league that were capable of frustrating LeBron in the clutch from 2007-10. With the other teams in the NBA? He took over when he deemed that it was time to do so and that included late in the game.... 27 teams were literally at the mercy of James and had to hope that he just missed or the wide open guy that he found late in a game just missed.

There was no question, though, that he was going to get where he wanted when he wanted to get there. The only teams that were capable of taking him away from those spots were really good defensive squads with a lot of length... The Celtics and Lakers and... Well, that is pretty much it.

Now, you are seeing him frustrated and not getting where he wants to get against the Bucks and Cavs.

This new incarnation of James is laboring out there. It isn't just an issue in the clutch, either. He is just not as dominant as he was from 2007-10. But, when a defense is really keyed in, a coach has installed a unit on the floor with the idea of stopping him and that clock is ticking down...

He just looks completely uncomfortable and unable to get where he wants to get.

Maybe it is all of that bulk that he has put on? But, he was pretty damned big in 2009 and 2010, but still completely dominant including in end-of-game situations.

Maybe it is that his team isn't built the way that his former team was built and he doesn't have the driving lanes that he used to? But, Mike Bibby and Mike Miller aren't too shabby from the outside and they have to be respected. They are totally void of shooters.

I don't know what to make of it, other than the absolute absurd thought that maybe he is slowing down at 25. I don't really believe that and it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, but what I'm seeing out of James this year isn't making a lot of sense, either.

And, please... Let's not talk about statistics. I've watched this guy play basketball literally since he was 14 years old. There is something not right this season. Maybe multiple things? :confusedshrug:

All I know is that he just is not as dominant as he has been in previous years... And, dare I say, not even close to as dominant. I said last year that his dominance level was getting dangerously close to the absolute best peak players I had ever seen in my lifetime (Bird, Jordan, Shaq, Dream). I can't say that after this year.

I agree with some point there but damn that's some nerdy obsession with basketball. Damn I need to leave this forum. I feel pathetic.

RedBlackAttack
04-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I agree with some point there but damn that's some nerdy obsession with basketball. Damn I need to leave this forum. I feel pathetic.
The Internet is the kingdom of the nerds. Welcome to reality circa-1995.

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Funny how such a thread always pops up when the Heat lose a game, as far as this statement goes, we all know deep down how delusional it is, Lebron has proved him more than enough in the clutch, but just like any player he is human and wont make 100% of those shots.
I think we all know that the OP has an agenda and that James has proven himself incredibly clutch in end-of-game situations over the course of his career.

However, it is something that has popped up this season and not just tonight. For the previous four years, there was no other player in the league that I would rather handle the ball as the clock was ticking down.

This year? Can anyone honestly say they feel that kind of confidence? He is still a great player, but even when Wade is not playing and he has the team to himself and doesn't have to share the load, he is not as dominant, especially late in games.

I don't know what is going on with him.

PleezeBelieve
04-07-2011, 12:15 AM

There was no question, though, that he was going to get where he wanted when he wanted to get there. The only teams that were capable of taking him away from those spots were really good defensive squads with a lot of length... The Celtics, Lakers, Spurs and... Well, that is pretty much it.

This new incarnation of James is laboring out there. It isn't just an issue in the clutch, either. He is just not as dominant as he was from 2007-10. It is just most obvious in the clutch when a defense is really keyed in, a coach has installed a unit on the floor with the idea of stopping him and that clock is ticking down...

He looks completely uncomfortable and unable to get where he wants to get.

Maybe it is that his team isn't built the way that his former team was built and he doesn't have the driving lanes that he used to? But, Mike Bibby and Mike Miller aren't too shabby from the outside and they have to be respected. They aren't totally devoid of shooters.

There have been many things exposed about James over the past 8 months but his lack of heart and competitive spirit top that list.

Nothing else to really say about it.

elementally morale
04-07-2011, 12:20 AM
I will keep it simple.

LeBron is not the best player in the league. You canot be the best if you fail to deliver when it is important. Just as Karl Malone never was the best player in the league either.

LeBron fooled me into believing he is the best player in 2009, for half a year. Not any more. Sad thing is, he is going to become worse, because if you take away his athelticism, nothing much else remains, really.

che guevara
04-07-2011, 12:20 AM
snipped
Yeah, pretty much this, though I disagree with a small part of it - in '07 he went through a period where he was sucked down the stretch of games. However, in that case he lost his confidence because he was struggling mightily with his FT shooting and his jumper - this year is totally different, I don't know what to make of it. He doesn't seem to want to shoot at the end of games and even when he does try to be aggressive, he's been unsuccessful. I don't think it has anything to do with how the team is built either, tonight was the perfect example of his struggles but he had a Cavs kind of team around him with shooters like James Jones, Bibby, and Miller.

It's blatantly obvious that he's lost something athletically this year (you have to laugh whenever Heat fans deny it), he can't get to the rim at will like he used to and he's had much more trouble finishing at the rim than I can remember. Tonight for instance he missed 6 layups by my count. It's just hard to believe that somebody who's only 26 could have such a dramatic and noticeable decline in athleticism. Does he have an injury that we don't know about? Is he out of shape (seriously doubt this)? Did he bulk up too much?

It's disappointing because he's actually improved his skills quite a bit this season, his midrange game has improved dramatically (44% from 16-23 feet, up from 40% last year and 45% from 10-15, up from 32% last year) and his new ability to play off the ball is what has resulted in him shooting 57% since the AS break, but it's not nearly enough to make up for whatever else he's lost. Current Lebron with his 2008 body would have a peak matching just about anybody's.

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2011, 12:21 AM
There have been many things exposed about James over the past 8 months but his lack of heart and competitive spirit top that list.

That doesn't explain why he seems unable to get to the spots on the floor late in games the way he used to... It doesn't explain the lack of explosiveness.

It doesn't really explain any of what I'm seeing, unless you are saying that he has gone into some sort of depression and it is impacting his play on the court.

elementally morale
04-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Does he have an injury that we don't know about?

Other than the elbow?

fubu05
04-07-2011, 12:25 AM
That doesn't explain why he seems unable to get to the spots on the floor late in games the way he used to... It doesn't explain the lack of explosiveness.

It doesn't really explain any of what I'm seeing, unless you are saying that he has gone into some sort of depression and it is impacting his play on the court.

It's not that he's lost explosiveness, or his athleticism is gone, but seriously, in late games before LeBron would just barrel down the lane and score, and had the occasional game where he got really hot and whatever he shot just went in. But what the eff did you guys expect, teams to still allow him to drive to the lane? No, people have seen him, and have developed a defensive strategy that keeps him out of the paint, sag off him, and force him to shoot. It's more of teams better defending LeBron than him losing "it".

Indian guy
04-07-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm seeing regression in James' game this season and I'm a bit shocked, to be completely honest.

I see regression in 2 key areas. His athleticism is fairly noticeable if you've followed him closely. He's neither as quick in the half-court or as explosive in the paint when it comes to finishing. It not only shows in his decreased paint-efficiency(lowest since '07), but also in his hesitancy to drive at the end of games.

The other regression is mental, and I consider it to be a recent occurrence. To me it ALL started after that finish against NY about 40 days ago. He missed 2 crucial shots in the final seconds and was outplayed by 'Melo in the 4th qtr. He's been in self-doubt mode ever since at the end of games. Still productive from a statistical standpoint late(as the numbers bear out), but I just don't see the self-belief anymore. Tonight's game was another great example. 08-10 LeBron would've closed the game off in style. Current LeBron over-dribbled and just didn't seem sure of what to do. You also made a good point of the the kind of shooters he's surrounded with. Reputation wise, Miami's shooters are FINE, but they're all having a LOUSY season. In Cleveland on the other hand, the likes of Gibson, 'Mo, Damon Jones....they were all killers at the end of games.

Athletic and mental regression aside, the rest of LeBron's game has remained intact, and his shooting just continues to get better. From a standpoint of IMPACT I'd say he's still 90-95% the player he was last season(his best year). The much improved jumper makes up for the decline in body, but there's nothing making up for his crunch time regression.

knickswin
04-07-2011, 12:28 AM
He's a great all-around basketball player, he's just not a super dooper elite scorer. He can't get the ball in the basket at will. Off the top of my head, Kobe and Carmelo are the only super dooper elite scorers in the league.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I will keep it simple.

LeBron is not the best player in the league. You canot be the best if you fail to deliver when it is important. Just as Karl Malone never was the best player in the league either.

LeBron fooled me into believing he is the best player in 2009, for half a year. Not any more. Sad thing is, he is going to become worse, because if you take away his athelticism, nothing much else remains, really.

same here, I thought he was the best player in 2009, but ever since then hes just too worried about padding his stats, he stands and dribbles the ball forf 20 seconds to find someone to get an assist, I see that happen so much, thats why the heat need to give the ball to wade and let him create, wade doesnt give a shit about assists. In conclusion, I think lebron is getting exposed of his weak mentality this season

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Yeah, pretty much this, though I disagree with a small part of it - in '07 he went through a period where he was sucked down the stretch of games. However, in that case he lost his confidence because he was struggling mightily with his FT shooting and his jumper - this year is totally different, I don't know what to make of it. He doesn't seem to want to shoot at the end of games and even when he does try to be aggressive, he's been unsuccessful. I don't think it has anything to do with how the team is built either, tonight was the perfect example of his struggles but he had a Cavs kind of team around him with shooters like James Jones, Bibby, and Miller.

It's blatantly obvious that he's lost something athletically this year (you have to laugh whenever Heat fans deny it), he can't get to the rim at will like he used to and he's had much more trouble finishing at the rim than I can remember. Tonight for instance he missed 6 layups by my count. It's just hard to believe that somebody who's only 26 could have such a dramatic and noticeable decline in athleticism. Does he have an injury that we don't know about? Is he out of shape (seriously doubt this)? Did he bulk up too much?

It's disappointing because he's actually improved his skills quite a bit this season, his midrange game has improved dramatically (44% from 16-23 feet, up from 40% last year and 45% from 10-15, up from 32% last year) and his new ability to play off the ball is what has resulted in him shooting 57% since the AS break, but it's not nearly enough to make up for whatever else he's lost. Current Lebron with his 2008 body would have a peak matching just about anybody's.

I originally didn't include '07 when discussing his past clutchness because of that string of late-game meltdowns that he had, but he seemed to correct that and he made up for it with some epic playoff performances (although, it re-occurred in the Finals, mainly due to his then limited offensive skillset).

But, yeah... He has gotten better off of the ball. I wouldn't exactly call him prime Rip Hamilton but he also isn't completely useless off of the ball the way he was at the beginning of the season (and with the Cavs). There has been some improvement there.

What I'm seeing, though, goes far beyond what any minor tweaks to his game are going to remedy. Declining athleticism? At 26?! It seems ridiculous, but I don't know what else to say.

He doesn't look like the guy I remember and, if you pick out a random regular season game from 2008, you will see why. Maybe carrying all of that weight and being the kind of player that endures a lot of physical play combined with so many minutes and so few missed games over his first seven years in the league sped up his 'peak years' unlike anything we have seen before?

Maybe it is an injury, but, if it were, something would have surely leaked by now. The guy can't fart without a reporter on his knees to tell us what it smells like.

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2011, 12:32 AM
He can't get the ball in the basket at will.
He could from 2007-10.... Especially against a team like Milwaukee. And, if he couldn't get the ball in himself, he would find someone wide open to get it in for him.

This year, he isn't doing either. At least, not the way he did from 2007-10.

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2011, 12:36 AM
It's not that he's lost explosiveness, or his athleticism is gone, but seriously, in late games before LeBron would just barrel down the lane and score, and had the occasional game where he got really hot and whatever he shot just went in. But what the eff did you guys expect, teams to still allow him to drive to the lane? No, people have seen him, and have developed a defensive strategy that keeps him out of the paint, sag off him, and force him to shoot. It's more of teams better defending LeBron than him losing "it".
Erm... Where have you been for the last five years? Teams have been trying to do that since, oh... Around early 2006. It never worked except for against the absolute elite defensive teams... Until this year.

fubu05
04-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Erm... Where have you been for the last five years? Teams have been trying to do that since, oh... Around early 2006. It never worked except for against the absolute elite defensive teams... Until this year.

Early 2006 defenders were still fronting LeBron. It was in 2008 that teams really started sagging off him and forcing him to shoot.

knickswin
04-07-2011, 12:38 AM
He could from 2007-10.... Especially against a team like Milwaukee. And, if he couldn't get the ball in himself, he would find someone wide open to get it in for him.

This year, he isn't doing either. At least, not the way he did from 2007-10.

Yeah, I mean he's always been able to get to the basket extremely well and he can still do that. He's just never been a great shooter and sometimes there's no time to get to the basket and you've got to shoot.

asdf1990
04-07-2011, 12:41 AM
simple he doesn't have confidence in his shot in late games anymore. I have seen all his games from the past 7 years, he was never this shitty in late game situations.

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2011, 12:51 AM
I see regression in 2 key areas. His athleticism is fairly noticeable if you've followed him closely. He's neither as quick in the half-court or as explosive in the paint when it comes to finishing. It not only shows in his decreased paint-efficiency(lowest since '07), but also in his hesitancy to drive at the end of games.

This is the most glaring thing to me, mainly because I completely didn't see it coming this early in his career. I can't think of one player that didn't suffer massive injuries that was past his athletic peak at 26.

The other regression is mental, and I consider it to be a recent occurrence. To me it ALL started after that finish against NY about 40 days ago. He missed 2 crucial shots in the final seconds and was outplayed by 'Melo in the 4th qtr. He's been in self-doubt mode ever since at the end of games. Still productive from a statistical standpoint late(as the numbers bear out), but I just don't see the self-belief anymore. Tonight's game was another great example. 08-10 LeBron would've closed the game off in style. Current LeBron over-dribbled and just didn't seem sure of what to do. You also made a good point of the the kind of shooters he's surrounded with. Reputation wise, Miami's shooters are FINE, but they're all having a LOUSY season. In Cleveland on the other hand, the likes of Gibson, 'Mo, Damon Jones....they were all killers at the end of games.

I'm not saying that confidence has nothing to do with his struggles late in games this year, but I would not put it on par with the loss in explosiveness/athleticism that I'm seeing.

He just doesn't seem capable of getting to the basket the way that he used to and that was always his trump card late in games. You had a few choices as a defense... You could sag off of him and load up the paint, giving him wide open jumpers and take your chances.... You could play him straight up, in which case he would slice his way right to the basket for either a layup or foul... You could put the primary defender on him, sag off of shooters and collapse on him when he hit the paint, leaving open shooters all over the floor (and he still may get to the rim).

This year, he literally doesn't seem capable of giving defenses that kind of ultimatum. I've seen primary defenders drawing closer and closer to contest jumpers. I've seen defenses much more hesitant to completely collapse when he crosses the free throw line.

Because he seems unable to get to the basket at will and because he knows that the defense realizes it, he is caught between Cavalier LeBron (throw caution to the wind and go to the basket) and Heat LeBron (shoot the midrange). But, he doesn't look confident in either capacity.

If this diminished athleticism and explosiveness is something that is going to be with him for the remainder of his career (and if it continues to regress), he is going to have to forget about Cavalier LeBron late in games and only drive when it is absolutely there.

Athletic and mental regression aside, the rest of LeBron's game has remained intact, and his shooting just continues to get better. From a standpoint of IMPACT I'd say he's still 90-95% the player he was last season(his best year). The much improved jumper makes up for the decline in body, but there's nothing making up for his crunch time regression.

LeBron will continue to be a great player for many, many years, but it was his athleticism and explosiveness with that absurd frame that put him into another stratosphere. When that begins to diminish (as it seems it has), he will not be the dominant player that he once was.

I don't doubt that he will add wrinkles to his game and continue to work on the ever improving midrange game, but I also doubt that opponents will ever stay awake at night worrying about that incarnation of James in contrast to the freak of nature that we saw in his previous seven years.

Then again, maybe he will prove me wrong. One thing is for sure... He has Wade and Bosh around now who can help him recreate his game in a new image. He doesn't have to be Cavalier LeBron with these Heat.

I just miss seeing a guy getting to the rim whenever he wants against whoever he wants.

Indian guy
04-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Did he bulk up too much?

This. There's only so many pounds you can put on without losing something athletically. After 06-07 he kept getting bigger every year while retaining all of his athleticism. Well, it finally caught up with him. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a good 8-10 pounds heavier this season compared to 2-3 years ago. Just watch some of his highlights from 07-08 or 08-09. It's a different body altogether.

It's disappointing because he's actually improved his skills quite a bit this season, his midrange game has improved dramatically (44% from 16-23 feet, up from 40% last year and 45% from 10-15, up from 32% last year) and his new ability to play off the ball is what has resulted in him shooting 57% since the AS break, but it's not nearly enough to make up for whatever else he's lost.

It's funny, right? As a player he's never been more multifaceted. Yet his confidence is close to an all-time low at the end of games. He needs a great finish to snap out of it. Something like Wade against LA a few weeks ago. His late-game play improved significantly after that.

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Early 2006 defenders were still fronting LeBron. It was in 2008 that teams really started sagging off him and forcing him to shoot.
The point is, there were only a couple of teams that were capable -- in terms of personnel -- of using that strategy effectively against James. Two years ago, if he were playing the Bucks in a back-and-forth game like the one tonight, at some point, he would have just completely taken over and there is no defense that they could have employed that would have stopped it.

He doesn't seem able to take over games in that way anymore.

asdf1990
04-07-2011, 12:58 AM
The point is, there were only a couple of teams that were capable -- in terms of personnel -- of using that strategy effectively against James. Two years ago, if he were playing the Bucks in a back-and-forth game like the one tonight, at some point, he would have just completely taken over and there is no defense that they could have employed that would have stopped it.

He doesn't seem able to take over games in that way anymore.

He was taking over games last year too. idk whats going on with him mentally. too much pressure this season, I guess.

wpdougie2180
04-07-2011, 01:00 AM
I originally didn't include '07 when discussing his past clutchness because of that string of late-game meltdowns that he had, but he seemed to correct that and he made up for it with some epic playoff performances (although, it re-occurred in the Finals, mainly due to his then limited offensive skillset).

But, yeah... He has gotten better off of the ball. I wouldn't exactly call him prime Rip Hamilton but he also isn't completely useless off of the ball the way he was at the beginning of the season (and with the Cavs). There has been some improvement there.

What I'm seeing, though, goes far beyond what any minor tweaks to his game are going to remedy. Declining athleticism? At 26?! It seems ridiculous, but I don't know what else to say.

He doesn't look like the guy I remember and, if you pick out a random regular season game from 2008, you will see why. Maybe carrying all of that weight and being the kind of player that endures a lot of physical play combined with so many minutes and so few missed games over his first seven years in the league sped up his 'peak years' unlike anything we have seen before?

Maybe it is an injury, but, if it were, something would have surely leaked by now. The guy can't fart without a reporter on his knees to tell us what it smells like.

Lots of older people say the same thing happened to Dr. J but not many people saw him play in the ABA so there aren't many to verify it but it's out there as happened before. There was even SI articles asking what was wrong with him even though he was putting up his usual #s. Sound familiar

G-Funk
04-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Choked!hahahaha

Lebron23
04-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Your favorite NBA player hasn't won a playoff series. So you need to shut the F*ck up.

gotvtec
04-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Well, I have been a Lebron fan since forever, and this year it feels like his athleticism is declining. It seems like it harder for him to go to the paint, and if he does he misses the layup or gets blocked. Im not to sure if its his athleticism or people finally catched up on his game. They finally found out that his game is so predictiable. Lebron is only 26, and he plays like if he was 29. I miss the old days when Lebron dunked on Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, etc. Lebron used to be a strong closer! For example, anyone remmeber in the 06 playoffs when Lebron had 2 winning shots with the Washington Wizards? or when Lebron single handely destroyed Detroit in 07? or when Lebron almost single handly beat Boston's Big Three in 08. Also, in 09 when he forced a game 6 in Orlando. I really dont know whats going on with him, is he on drugs? too much partying? It feels like he is just an average player. Its depressing cause he was so dominant. Hopefully he doesnt turn into the next TMAC.:confusedshrug:

che guevara
04-07-2011, 01:30 AM
This. There's only so many pounds you can put on without losing something athletically. After 06-07 he kept getting bigger every year while retaining all of his athleticism. Well, it finally caught up with him. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a good 8-10 pounds heavier this season compared to 2-3 years ago. Just watch some of his highlights from 07-08 or 08-09. It's a different body altogether.
Yeah, I'm thinking this too, I noticed that after I watched this mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-H8O_qBgc

The first dunk is from this season (obviously) and the 2nd one is from 2009, yet he looks so much thinner.

I'm kind of hoping he'll drop a few pounds and get some of his old explosiveness back next season, though of course the more likely scenario is that he stays the same or declines a bit more. He looked a little slow at the beginning of the '09-'10 season too and returned to normal, but obviously this is a more dramatic and extended loss.

RBA, random question, but are why are you usually up so late?

gotvtec
04-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking this too, I noticed that after I watched this mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-H8O_qBgc

The first dunk is from this season (obviously) and the 2nd one is from 2009, yet he looks so much thinner.

This is what i was talking about!

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Work late nights in the office. Even when I'm not working, I've always been a bit of a night owl.

Hulk Hogan
04-07-2011, 01:53 AM
Choked!hahahaha

This. :oldlol:

Christofire
04-07-2011, 02:57 AM

lol...7years and this is all he has....4 layups oen of which he got away with a travel.....I jumper against the lowly warriors....

The one against the magic was lagit....and LOL at a shot made with 45 senconds on the clock classifying as a game,,,,,

The highlight really sucks.....all against inferior competition....except for Orlando

Kingwillball
04-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Been reading through this thread and some good legit posts about Lebron's decline athletically and his failure to finish late in games. Both are concerning but obviously the part where he seems to be having a harder time getting to the rim and Finishing than ever before. He has taken more wild layups falling away from the basket than I can ever remember and has had more shots blocked and altered as well. I still remember vividly a couple yrs ago when Lebron Dunked over KG in Playoffs "With no regard for Human Life" being screamed by Harlan. Those days seem like long ago at this point and until I see him posterize someone again than I agree THAT Lebron is gone. Yeah he still has had some nice fast break dunks and ally oops but nothing in lane over someone in awhile it seems. With Playoff team D being even more intense will be very interesting to see how Lebron copes this postseason.

2swift4u
04-07-2011, 03:48 AM
definitely no execution down the stretch by Lebron so far in this season.. if Wade doesn't do it then I don't see Miami getting very far in the playoffs...

Andrei89
04-07-2011, 04:26 AM
This. :oldlol:

LOL stop trying to hide KObe's bricks a few days ago vs the Nuggets.

I bet he probably missed asmany shots as Lebron in the clutch this season, but nobody is as pathetic as you are to keep gifs stacked of it.

I sincerely think you must have been abused as a kid or something to be such an idiot.

thomaspynchon
04-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Wow, I am surprised this thread is still up.

I thought that queer Lebron23 deleted any topic that didn't revolve around sucking Lefrauds *****.

gotvtec
04-07-2011, 12:20 PM
im guessin he past his prime already?! kinda weird.

gotvtec
04-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Well, I have been a Lebron fan since forever, and this year it feels like his athleticism is declining. It seems like it harder for him to go to the paint, and if he does he misses the layup or gets blocked. Im not to sure if its his athleticism or people finally catched up on his game. They finally found out that his game is so predictiable. Lebron is only 26, and he plays like if he was 29. I miss the old days when Lebron dunked on Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, etc. Lebron used to be a strong closer! For example, anyone remmeber in the 06 playoffs when Lebron had 2 winning shots with the Washington Wizards? or when Lebron single handely destroyed Detroit in 07? or when Lebron almost single handly beat Boston's Big Three in 08. Also, in 09 when he forced a game 6 in Orlando. I really dont know whats going on with him, is he on drugs? too much partying? It feels like he is just an average player. Its depressing cause he was so dominant. Hopefully he doesnt turn into the next TMAC.:confusedshrug::facepalm

DropStep
04-07-2011, 01:15 PM
^:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Allstar24
04-07-2011, 02:05 PM
The man is just not clutch...never was, never will be. He admitted himself that he doesn't have a killer instinct. That's probably what made him join someone else's team in the first place. It is what it is. If he can accept it, why are the stans arguing it?

DJmicah
04-07-2011, 02:06 PM
The man is just not clutch...never was, never will be. He admitted himself that he doesn't have a killer instinct. That's probably what made him join someone else's team in the first place. It is what it is. If he can accept it, why are the stans arguing it?
:applause:

Grim
04-07-2011, 04:26 PM
DAMN look at them cotdamn layups lmaoooo

PowerGlove
05-26-2011, 11:50 PM
This shit is so true. Good job bro.

Lordragoonx1x
05-26-2011, 11:51 PM
You just got pwned. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

allball
05-26-2011, 11:52 PM
You just got pwned. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

and then some...

PowerGlove
05-26-2011, 11:55 PM
I'll co-sign that.

dsrdsr
05-26-2011, 11:55 PM

"In your face" - Josh Smith

red1
05-26-2011, 11:56 PM
:roll:
Allstar24 is a f*cking clown, he actually thought he was being clever and witty when he wrote that shit

comerb
05-27-2011, 12:08 AM

This is what happens when you talk shit... You look like a damned fool.

BrilliantLegacy
05-27-2011, 12:09 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Ancient Legend
05-27-2011, 12:38 AM

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/SoCalDave_2009/GIFS/takei.gif

Alonzo Magic
05-27-2011, 12:43 AM
:oldlol:

Kingwillball
05-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Wow another Thread Where the Haters look flat out Silly.. People Need to Respect Lebron whether U like him or Not is truly a Special Player.

catch24
05-27-2011, 12:48 AM
epic bump :roll:

glidedrxlr22
05-27-2011, 12:51 AM

Way to go Nostradamus. GTFO . Lebron's greatness intimidates you and all your stan brothers. :oldlol:

Hoopz2332
05-27-2011, 12:52 AM
:roll:

yeaaaman
05-27-2011, 01:00 AM
This bump is just not nice. But then again, shame on the people making such bold proclamations after some pretty meaningless regular season games. Worst clutch performer of all-time?

Oh well, its a good read :facepalm

JtotheIzzo
05-27-2011, 01:09 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr. Incredible
05-27-2011, 01:11 AM
haha OP is an idiot. Good job bruh. Your boy is the one who ain't clutch

DuMa
05-27-2011, 01:16 AM

nice one chief

1Time4YourMind
05-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Wow we got a little Nostradamus up in here :lol

lilgodfather1
05-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Wow we got a little Nostradamus up in here :lol
It's irony at it's finest considering DROSE missed a free throw at the end, not to mention he fouled Wade twice to give him and 1's, and one of those was a 3 lol. rose is the anti clutch.

Theoo's Daddy
05-27-2011, 01:46 AM
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5771/lebrond.png

ShannonElements
05-27-2011, 02:04 AM
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1677/themostinterestingmanin.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/themostinterestingmanin.jpg/)

Lebron23
05-27-2011, 02:18 AM
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1677/themostinterestingmanin.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/themostinterestingmanin.jpg/)

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

King Lebron LBJ
05-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Ouch :cheers:

TheCorporation
05-27-2011, 03:30 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

LA_Showtime
05-27-2011, 03:34 AM
It's kinda just sad at this point. He was clearly saving his clutchometer for the playoffs. The dude's been unreal.

OldSchoolBBall
05-27-2011, 03:43 AM

HelterSkelter
05-27-2011, 03:47 AM
BooYa!

Haters got stomped and that includes me. difference is I don't say it on forums.

Dave3
05-27-2011, 03:49 AM
BooYa!

Haters got stomped and that includes me. difference is I don't say it on forums.
Meh, all of them are hiding anyways. DRoseisdaman or allstar24 won't comment in this thread addressing anything they said.

nbaballllller
05-27-2011, 03:56 AM

hahahaha thats fken gold :D :D :D

SpaceJammeR
05-27-2011, 03:57 AM
classic thread!!!

trabash
05-27-2011, 05:14 AM

LebronairJAMES
05-27-2011, 05:42 AM
rip OP

LilEddyCurry
05-27-2011, 05:57 AM
:roll: @ OP

Andrei89
05-27-2011, 05:58 AM
this is golden:roll: :roll:

Hulk Hogan
06-08-2011, 11:07 PM

It is true you fool! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hulk Hogan
06-08-2011, 11:08 PM
this is golden:roll: :roll:

You right! :oldlol:

Mr. I'm So Rad
06-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Nice bump applause

Jacks3
06-08-2011, 11:17 PM
SO he's been not clutch, then clutch, then not clutch again.

Ish: where "what have you done lately" happens

LBJWADE
06-09-2011, 01:10 AM
8 points in a Finals game :lol

Bumped too soon :lol