PDA

View Full Version : Best shot blocking SG in the NBA, Hands down!!!

ashbelly
04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7vdcGaZ17c

Get that weak shit out of here :bowdown: :bowdown: . No one compares.

DJmicah
04-11-2011, 01:34 PM

:applause:

PHaYze
04-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Never even seen another SG try and block that kinda shot, he's amazing.

Dwade305
04-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Best shot blocking SG all time. This year MJ officialy getting surpassed:bowdown:

Heat007
04-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Best shot blocking GUARD PERIOD in the NBA, Hands down!!!
FIXED

Wade = The ALLTIME leader in NBA history in blocks per game average for guards.

ashbelly
04-11-2011, 01:41 PM
FIXED

:bowdown: :bowdown: This year he gets his well deserved spot in the 1st all defensive team, like it should've been for the past 4 years.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Nah, Kobe is the greatest shot blocking SG and defender. Close thread.

I kid, I kid.

kaiiu
04-11-2011, 01:44 PM
The thing I respect about Wade is he ain't scared to get dunked on. He isn't just a weakside shot blocker either. I've seen him meet 7' ni99as at the rim where a split second would get him posterized:bowdown: none of that chase down from behind pu$$y shit ala lebron

Heat007
04-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Even though LeBron is not a true guard, people always talk about him as a great shot blocker.. but Wade has 85 blocks this year to LeBron's 50 blocks.

And that's with Wade playing 200 less minutes than Bron this season (that's equivalent to about 5 or 6 less games).

And in their careers Wade has a better blocks average than him even though LeBron is 4 inches taller and has played closer to the basket more in his career.

But that doesn't stop Wade from beasting for blocks at the rim, oftentimes against BIGS right at the rim.

Wade's a Shot blocking BEAST for a guard.

heyhey
04-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Even though LeBron is not a true guard, people always talk about him as a great shot blocker.. but Wade has 85 blocks this year to LeBron's 50 blocks.

And that's with Wade playing 200 less minutes than Bron this season (that's equivalent to about 5 or 6 less games).

And in their careers Wade has a better blocks average than him even though LeBron is 4 inches taller and has played closer to the basket more in his career.

But that doesn't stop Wade from beasting for blocks at the rim, oftentimes against BIGS right at the rim.

Wade might have a claim to best shotblocking SG ever. the kid is special and I have seen him block guys while playing man defense on them. Lebron's blocks all come from weakside help or chasedown and they will decline fast once Lebron's hops leave him.

Wade just has great timing and instincts

rodman91
04-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Micheal Jordan blocks your circle jerk.

jlip
04-11-2011, 01:54 PM
While technically a small forward, Dr. J is easily the best shot blocking "wing player" of all time.

kidachi
04-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Because of his height, and the shots he had blocked.. I'll say he has the best timing in the league today..

Heat007
04-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Micheal Jordan blocks your circle jerk.

This year Wade will set a 40 year record for 3 consecutive seasons of a block or more per game average for a guard. Jordan only did it in 2 consecutive seasons (87 and 88), and in Jordan's career only had a block or more average in 3 seasons TOTAL in his career (the other year was 1991).

Wade will do it in 3 consecutive years.. the first time a guard has done that in almost 40 years

Yao Ming's Foot
04-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Being the best shot blocking SG is like being the Vlade Divac of Centers. It makes some cool highlights here and there but its a useless novelty more than anything. What kind of defensive impact do you think 1 block per game does?

SsKSpurs21
maybe not as good as wade but still a beast!

Manu blocks kevin durant in transition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm9Y-vqZsEo

Manu blocks KG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCqefcY7lpI&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Manu top 10 blocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF6WykR1NTs&feature=related

chains5000
FIXED

Can't really compare now, his stats will go down as he grows old, so this point isn't valid for crowning him best blocking sg ever.

kidachi
04-11-2011, 02:02 PM
maybe not as good as wade but still a beast!

Manu blocks kevin durant in transition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm9Y-vqZsEo

Manu blocks KG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCqefcY7lpI&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Manu top 10 blocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF6WykR1NTs&feature=related

good for you.. :applause:

but Manu ain't got shit on Wade on anything.. with all due respect to Manu..

Go Getter
04-11-2011, 02:03 PM
This year Wade will set a 40 year record for 3 consecutive seasons of a block or more per game average for a guard. Jordan only did it in 2 consecutive seasons (87 and 88), and in Jordan's career only had a block or more average in 3 seasons TOTAL in his career (the other year was 1991).

Wade will do it in 3 consecutive years.. the first time a guard has done that in almost 40 years

Wade gets lost on D trying to get those blocks as evidenced in Sunday's game where he was eyeing a block and they kicked out to Ray Allen for an open 3.

He is the best shot blocking 2 guard in the L though.

rodman91
04-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Because of his height, and the shots he had blocked.. I'll say he has the best timing in the league today..

Agreed.Except skills and athleticism,he has got a lot of willing and courage too.

Heat007
04-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Being the best shot blocking SG is like being the Vlade Divac of Centers. It makes some cool highlights here and there but its a useless novelty more than anything. What kind of defensive impact do you think 1 block per game does?

Except for the fact that Wade's an awesome defender as well. Don't make me pull out the defensive synergy statistics over the years to show your boy Kobe up.

Wade has 3 seasons of holding his isolation matchups to "under 30%" shooting. Kobe never did that once in his career in any season (Kobe never had one season that came close to under 30%). Not to mention that Wade's overall defensive synergy scores have been better than Kobe every season he's been in the league except for Wade's rookie season when he was new into the league (and even then Wade was only off by 1.5% in "overall" defensive synergy score that eyar)

OldSchoolBBall
04-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Jordan was a better shotblocker than Wade. Wade averages more blocks now than he would have pre-zone because he gets to hang around plays longer (especially in/near the lane), doesn't have to follow his man as closely, and can play an area instead of a man. 22-28 year old Jordan would average 1.2+ bpg annually playing under these rules, with high seasons of like 1.6-1.8 bpg. No one can tell me different. Jordan's anticipation, timing, and reflexes were the best ever for a non-big.

That said, Wade is pretty clearly #2. Tremendous shotblocker. Great hustle and energy.

MooseJuiceBowen
04-11-2011, 02:08 PM

this video wasnt of ginobili.

here is a better video of the best shot blocking SG in the nba

game winner.

MooseJuiceBowen
04-11-2011, 02:09 PM
good for you.. :applause:

but Manu ain't got shit on Wade on anything.. with all due respect to Manu..

LOL REALLY??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QiR0t7rw7g

LOOKS LIKE HE DOES HAVE SHIT ON WADE. SH1t ALL OVER HIS FACE

Teanett
04-11-2011, 02:10 PM
nice, but jordan is the best shot blocking guard with his hands up.

Dwade305
LOL Hulk what u doing in a Wade thread on another account:oldlol:

MooseJuiceBowen

get the **** outta here man

kaiiu
04-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Mj was a better shot blocker doe.....

Teanett
04-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Jordan was a better shotblocker than Wade. Wade averages more blocks now than he would have pre-zone because he gets to hang around plays longer (especially in/near the lane), doesn't have to follow his man as closely, and can play an area instead of a man. 22-28 year old Jordan would average 1.2+ bpg annually playing under these rules, with high seasons of like 1.6-1.8 bpg. No one can tell me different. Jordan's anticipation, timing, and reflexes were the best ever for a non-big.

That said, Wade is pretty clearly #2. Tremendous shotblocker. Great hustle and energy.

i totally agree.
jordan without illegal d = 2 bpg

geoman92
04-11-2011, 02:13 PM

:bowdown:

jlip
04-11-2011, 02:16 PM

Look at Dr. J's bpg avg. even at age 36 while playing only 32mpg.

Heat007
04-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Dr J was a beast blocker, yes. But he was 6'7" and was mostly a small forward. We're talking strictly guards here.

And let's not forget athletes are superior today. Much harder to get blocks now for a guard (especially a 6'4 guard) than way back then

kidachi
04-11-2011, 02:20 PM
LOL REALLY??

:oldlol: @ you being butt hurt.. great block though..

but to come to a thread about how great of a shot blocker Wade and post about Manu..

and comparing their career.. I think I can say Manu ain't got nothing on Wade..
I know you'll talk about his rings.. but Wade has too.. he had Shaq yes but it's Wade's team and he carried them.. Manu was a main piece in the spurs titles but he wasn't THE MAN of that team..

and highlights wise.. Manu has some facials, passes and blocks.. Wade has... I won't continue 'cause it'll be too long..

that's why I said Manu ain't got nothin on Wade...

again.. with all due respect. :D

Stoke the sauna
04-11-2011, 02:23 PM
LOL REALLY??

:roll: @ Wade looking desperately at the ref after being stolen his candy!

rodman91
04-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Look at Dr. J's bpg avg. even at age 36 while playing only 32mpg.

Dr.J was forward. But one of the best blocker for a wing player.

OldSchoolBBall
04-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Jordan rare block mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu16xMZOf5k

There was a longer version (or maybe it was a different video of rare blocks) set to different music, but I can't find it now. All the repetition of plays ends shortly into the video (it's annoying).

GabeIsGone
04-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Never even seen another SG try and block that kinda shot, he's amazing.
Manu's block on Durant last year?

rodman91
04-11-2011, 02:31 PM
:roll: @ Wade looking desperately at the ref after being stolen his candy!

All superstars does that.. probably it takes some humiliation away.

Heat007
04-11-2011, 02:32 PM

One thing that should be mentioned is Wade's blocks often inspire the team. I would say about 85% of the time he makes a highlight block the team brings it to another level immediately after wards. This has been a common occurrence over the years (including many instances this year)

Notice in your video that the Heat had a 9 point lead on the Celtics yesterday (would have been just a 7 point lead if not for the block). Well soon after that point late in the 3rd quarter the Heat brought that lead up to over 20 points soon after that...

This has been a common theme with Wade's blocks. So to answer YaoMing's Smelly Foot -- YES, Wade's blocks have GREAT impact in games. Only a fool would think it's some sort of "useless novelty"

Stoke the sauna
04-11-2011, 02:34 PM
One thing that should be mentioned is everyone's blocks often inspire the team. I would say about 85% of the time any player makes a highlight block the team brings it to another level immediately after wards. This has been a common occurrence over the years (including many instances this year)

Fixed for ya

Heat007
04-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Fixed for ya

Except for the fact that Wade makes more highlight blocks at a higher rate than any other guard... so he impacts more than any other guard

Yao Ming's Foot
04-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Its no doubt it looks cool and hypes a team up, but how many more games did the Heat win because Wade averaged 1 block a game instead 1 block every two games?

kidachi
04-11-2011, 02:46 PM
how many more games did the Heat win because Wade averaged 1 block a game instead 1 block every two games?

It's not like every basketball game is won by a block..

Yao Ming's Foot
04-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Exactly, its probably Wade least important statistic relative to actually winning games in any given year.

Whats the next thread going to be?

Brad Lohaus is the greatest 3 pt making Center in the NBA, Hands down!!!!!!

Stoke the sauna
04-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Hey.. Ronnie Brewer is the guard with the best Steals/Turnover ratio in the league!!!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

kidachi
04-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Exactly, its probably Wade least important statistic relative to actually winning games in any given year.

Whats the next thread going to be?

Brad Lohaus is the greatest 3 pt making Center in the NBA, Hands down!!!!!!

Why are you mad?

A 6'4 player is being praised for being a great blocker.. and suddenly it's like your having your period..

lighten up..

Heat007
04-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Remember that Wade alters a lot of shots too. Its not only about just the blocks.

Again, Wade has held his isolation matchups to under 30% shooting in 3 seasons of his career.

To put that in perspective, no guard or SF has had 2 seasons hlding their matchups to under 30% in more than one season since Wade has been in the league.

Wade's defensive synergy numbers, and overall defensive synergy scores have been off the charts exceptional in a few seasons. It's a lot more than just his fantastic blocks and consistency there.

detroitdogg
04-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Its no doubt it looks cool and hypes a team up, but how many more games did the Heat win because Wade averaged 1 block a game instead 1 block every two games?
Blocked Stuckey for a game saver, Blocked Vince for a game saver 2 different times (1 in the playoffs), Blocked Lopez for a game saver, blocked D Will for a game saver, ect.

I think his shotblocking has done more than enough to be valueable, FOH with that BS.

A.R.T
04-11-2011, 03:02 PM
4-12 :lol

Yao Ming's Foot
04-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Why are you mad that I'm mad? Lighten up.

A 6'11 player is being praised for being a great 3 pt shooter.. and suddenly it's like your having your period..

lighten up..

kidachi
04-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Why are you mad that I'm mad? Lighten up.

A 6'11 player is being praised for being a great 3 pt shooter.. and suddenly it's like your having your period..

lighten up..

:oldlol:

LOL you definitely MAD.

it's okay..

it's just Dwyane Wade..

MVPeeonyou
04-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Let's say the final score was 98-100 Heat wins. We could say that the block helped them from going into overtime?...or helped them keep the lead...etc. Every play adds up. You don't know the outcome so you've just got to do your best. Blocks, dunks, and steals are momentum builders and they get into the head of the other team. It's risky but it's worth it. These are the things that explosive players do and they do it consistently.

This is like saying an 80% freethrow shooter isn't that different from a 70% freethrow shooter. 8/10 vs 7/10 average is a difference of only 1 freethrow miss per game so what's the big deal, right?

Yao Ming's Foot
04-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Not really because FT% is always going to lead to more wins.

Wade could adopt a more Bruce Bowen/Shane Battier style of defense and actually lead to more wins with a lesser amount of blocks per game.

Rysio
04-11-2011, 03:18 PM
lol blocks usually go out of bounds so it doesn't even get you a possesion, useless stat.

Crystallas
04-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Best shot blocking SG in the NBA, Hands down!!!

How do you block shots with your hands down?

andgar923
04-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Nah, Kobe is the greatest shot blocking SG and defender. Close thread.

I kid, I kid.
:lol

detroitdogg
04-11-2011, 03:26 PM

Wade could adopt a more Bruce Bowen/Shane Battier style of defense and actually lead to more wins with a lesser amount of blocks per game.
He is already one of the best isolation defenders in the league, Wades deficiency is off ball D on ****** who run through screens to get jumpers, this is the least deep skill in the NBA, atmost he will see only 4-6 players in the league who is above average at it, 2 maybe 3 who is good, ****** act as if Wade gets scored on on ball, I rarely ever see him scored on in an isolation, and the numbers show that hes in the class of the best iso defenders through his career, so once again, FOH with that bullshit.

The Choken One
04-11-2011, 03:30 PM
And he's still going to be All-NBA Second Team...lol.

hEs a TrUe GoD yOOOooOOooOoO!!!!!11111

Yao Ming's Foot
04-11-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't understand the emotional responses. I never said Wade was a bad defender. I said its possible he would be even better if his blocks per game average was around 0.3 like 8 time NBA all defensive team selection Bruce Bowen.

MVPeeonyou
04-11-2011, 03:32 PM

You're having a potential 2 or 3 point basket denied and humiliating your defensive assignment or someone else's assignment. That's not much of an impact?

Explain your reasoning on how FT% is going to lead your team to more wins when it's only a difference of 1-3 freethrows made. I don't disagree with your statement btw.

Bruce Bowen's style is great too but he doesn't have that much of a responsibility on the offensive side resulting in more energy to play the defensive side more aggresively.

Calabis
04-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Best shot blocking SG all time. This year MJ officialy getting surpassed:bowdown:

LMAO...mf'er please....Wade is my favorite player to watch.......he needs about 340+ blks to surpass MJ this year:roll: , now can he do it by the end of his career sure.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Basically what it boils down to is there is not a statistic like "blocks attempted" which would give greater context to each block.

Wade leading everybody in successful block % would mean way more than simply leading everybody in blocks.

Calabis
04-11-2011, 03:39 PM

Depends when that block occurs, ever here of momentum?? Blocks can change the game at times, teammates feed off of his effort, reference the one in the vid....funny how shit is useless to u, because Kobe sucks at it

Yao Ming's Foot
04-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Today I learned that JaVale McGee and Darko Milicic are twice as great at changing momentum of games with their blocks than Dwayne Wade.

detroitdogg
04-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Basically what it boils down to is there is not a statistic like "blocks attempted" which would give greater context to each block.

Wade leading everybody in successful block % would mean way more than simply leading everybody in blocks.
I can tell you from seeing almost every NBA game dude has ever played, he rarely ever does not block the shot when he goes for it, it has gotten to the point where me and whoever is at my crib watching a Heat game just knows he is gone get it everytime, any time he is in the area and starting his jump, ****** be yelling block before it happends.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Well that confirms it. detroitdogg from the internet has confirmed Wade's successful block percentage is actually at 100%. Wade is the GOAT.

detroitdogg
04-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Well that confirms it. detroitdogg from the internet has confirmed Wade's successful block percentage is actually at 100%. Wade is the GOAT.
exactly

juju151111
04-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Wade/Mj have great timing and hops. They are the two best sg blockers ever. I wonder if wade will finish with more blocks.

f0und
04-11-2011, 03:59 PM
wade has made a number of clutch game winning blocks.

MVPeeonyou
04-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Today I learned that JaVale McGee and Darko Milicic are twice as great at changing momentum of games with their blocks than Dwayne Wade.
They are centers. They are meant to be there to block and alter shots. When you see a guard doing it, it's just incredible by nature. It's like McGee blocking Wade isn't as impressive as Wade blocking McGee and that goes the same for dunking on each other. Whatever is more impressive is more of a momentum builder...not taking anything away from McGee and his awesome blocks.

In favor of McGee, him doing the eurostep and reverse layup on Wade is more impressive than Wade doing it to McGee.

So in conclusion, Wade's blocks are awesome and they impact the game tremendously.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Wade-blocking
Divac-passing
Okur-3pt shooting
Odom- handles

Unique skill. Awesome. Highlight worthy. Unimportant.

KevinNYC
04-11-2011, 04:13 PM
anybody notice that the #1 block in that Manu highlight reel, was actually Ginobilli getting blocked by Wally Szczerbiak

SavageMode
04-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Wade :bowdown:

rodman91
04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
And he's still going to be All-NBA Second Team...lol.

hEs a TrUe GoD yOOOooOOooOoO!!!!!11111

Actually he deserved first team for couple of seasons but there was a "taboo" name there.

Round Mound
04-11-2011, 08:32 PM
What Wade has is that "quick and great leap with no steps taken...that Barkley had. That makes it possible for him to be a very good shot blocking SG. Obviously he did not have the strength to block centers face front like Barkley had.

rodman91
04-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Wade-blocking
Divac-passing
Okur-3pt shooting
Odom- handles

Unique skill. Awesome. Highlight worthy. Unimportant.

Unimportant?! Okay....:rolleyes:

Divac's passing skills made Sacramento much better team on offense.They had most stable offense even with Jason Williams as point guard.

Okur's 3 point shooting made Utah much better team couple of seasons ago.He was literally ****ing every teams defense set with that. He even made all star because his shooting ability.Scored a lot, made clutch 3 point game, made Boozer more efficient in paint. (he has weak post game for his size)

Odom's handles is probably only reason he is efficient on offense. He has average offensive skillset (does everything little bit in average level) however because of his ball handling for his size, he is a true match up problem.

Wade's blocking..not letting easy layups or shoots always good for team.If he blocks one per game, its quite sure he distrups a lot of shoot or lay ups. Leauge leader (much taller and his first goal is protect the rim) has only 2.6 per game, so 1.1 per game is effective enough.

jbryan1984
04-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Hey I opened this up expecting it to be an Anthony Parker thread.

ashbelly
04-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Hey I opened this up expecting it to be an Anthony Parker thread.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

PurpleChuck
04-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm calling it, by the end of Wade's career, he'll be the greatest player of all time. Wade > MJ.

rodman91
04-14-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm calling it, by the end of Wade's career, he'll be the greatest player of all time. Wade > MJ.

http://www.cocaine-addict.com/images/cocaine_long_term_side_effects

:lol

Heat007
04-14-2011, 09:53 AM
What Wade has is that "quick and great leap with no steps taken...that Barkley had. That makes it possible for him to be a very good shot blocking SG.

That's part of it , yes. Good observation.

Wade plays so much bigger than he is, much like Barkley. There is no doubt in my mind that if Wade was born 6'11 he'd be one of the best centers ever.. Hakeem in how he's so smooth down low in post up and face up game. His exceptional rebounding in trafffic and how well he tracks the ball early to position himself.,

His overall game down low is quite unique for a SG, and he just plays so much bigger than his 6'4" height blending his strength/Power/agility and technically sound skills down in those traffic areas.. it also helps to have very long arms as his arms are the length of a man 6'10"

rodman91
04-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Wade's biggest problem for his legacy, he has been in same era with Lebron. And now they are teammates.

There is great possibilty he will be overshadowed by Lebron at the end of his career.

az00m
04-14-2011, 11:54 AM

Wrong, Jordan had it three years in a row he just went down with an injury that effected the rest of that season.

Also, michael jordan peaked at 1.6 wades highest has been 1.2 lol.

Rnbizzle
04-14-2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shm2ZODSVEo

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/7129648/U-MAD.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Derrick-Rose

KOLBCTEW
04-14-2011, 12:06 PM
wades highest has been 1.2 lol.Nope, 1.3

rodman91
04-14-2011, 12:15 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/VS/z%20Great%20Defense/Crazy%20Block/6b033e33.gif

Uncle Mike still got it :rockon:

rodman91
04-14-2011, 12:23 PM
http://nba-world.co.cc/wp-content/uploads/mvbthumbs/img_280_dwyane-wade-climbs-the-ladder-for-the-block.jpg
:rockon: :applause:

LEFT4DEAD
04-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Best shot blocking guard in the history of NBA. Sorry Jordan fans.

jrong
04-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Wade's biggest problem for his legacy, he has been in same era with Lebron. And now they are teammates.

There is great possibilty he will be overshadowed by Lebron at the end of his career.

Well, who isn't gonna be overshadowed by LeBron? But, it's like most of the basketball pundit and fan world has lost all common sense. They can't process that if LeBron is the best player alive, it's still possible for Wade to be the 2nd. Look at the man's damn numbers. Only LeBron and Howard's were better, and Wade outplayed everyone else as arguably a 1b.

As for Wade's shotblocking not affecting games, it changes games. I've seen players afraid to go up one-on-one and kick the ball back outside when Wade was the only one at the rim protecting it.

Through eight years, the man is carrying averages of 25.4 pts, 5.1 rebs, 6.3 asts, 1.8 stls, 1 blk, 48.5% FGs. Some of you need to seriously wrap your head around the fact that this is one of the best players ever.

rodman91
04-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Well, who isn't gonna be overshadowed by LeBron? But, it's like most of the basketball and fan world has lost all common sense. They can't process that if LeBron is the best player alive, it's possible for Wade to be the 2nd. Look at the man's damn numbers. Only LeBron and Howard's were better, and Wade outplayed everyone else as arguably a 1b.

As for Wade's shotblocking not affecting games, it changes games. I've seen players afraid to go up one-on-one and kick the ball back outside when Wade was the only one at the rim protecting it.

Through eight years, the man is carrying averages of 25.4 pts, 5.1 rebs, 6.3 asts, 1.8 stls, 1 blk, 48.5% FGs. Some of you need to seriously wrap your head around the fact that this is one of the best players ever.

Agreed. Who knows if heat would be dynasty he might have better place in all time list. Because what Wade did in 2005-2006 playoffs was remarkable.Media was focusing on Shaq but except detroit series, Diesel was clearly become second option. Biggest slice of championship cake was belong to Wade.

Heat007
04-14-2011, 01:08 PM
That's part of it , yes. Good observation.

Wade plays so much bigger than he is, much like Barkley. There is no doubt in my mind that if Wade was born 6'11 he'd be one of the best centers ever.. Hakeem in how he's so smooth down low in post up and face up game. His exceptional rebounding in trafffic and how well he tracks the ball early to position himself.,

His overall game down low is quite unique for a SG, and he just plays so much bigger than his 6'4" height blending his strength/Power/agility and technically sound skills down in those traffic areas.. it also helps to have very long arms as his arms are the length of a man 6'10"

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/44448888/fullgetty71596082gn014_usa_brazil_1_24_0.jpg

ashbelly
04-14-2011, 01:18 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/VS/z%20Great%20Defense/Crazy%20Block/6b033e33.gif

Uncle Mike still got it :rockon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-lZlKX7X0w

Heat007
04-14-2011, 01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-lZlKX7X0w

Here's another one he blocked on Howard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3lK51VBZa4

rodman91
04-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Here's another one he blocked on Howard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3lK51VBZa4

I like this one on Duncan. Just when Duncan thought he made a lay up, Wade elevates in the air more..

24r2
05-16-2011, 12:49 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/11gukav.gif

OP is a *******

Kobe24Clutch
05-16-2011, 12:51 AM
MJ > Wade

G-train
05-16-2011, 12:52 AM
show me the best shot blockers ever and I will show you thme getting dunked on.

Colby Brian
05-16-2011, 12:52 AM
this is the real block on ray allen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WHFpyQ5Iao&feature=player_detailpage#t=6s

Kobe24Clutch
05-16-2011, 12:53 AM
this is the real block on ray allen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WHFpyQ5Iao&feature=player_detailpage#t=6s
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

24r2
05-16-2011, 01:24 AM
reality check on wade ******gers :oldlol: :oldlol: