PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Lakers vs Hornets preview

insidehoops
04-14-2011, 02:44 AM
The Los Angeles Lakers face the New Orleans Hornets in the first round of the 2011 NBA Playoffs.

Discuss the matchup! Strengths of each team, weaknesses, and don't just predict the outcome -- EXPLAIN WHY!

DollaBillYaall
04-14-2011, 02:49 AM
We really don't need to discuss this match up. Its like a bye week. Bynum barnes blake can rest and shannon brown will do all the work.

Pursuer
04-14-2011, 02:50 AM
So the popular question here. Should LA limit Bynum's minutes in this series?

Mr. Jabbar
04-14-2011, 02:52 AM
We really don't need to discuss this match up. Its like a bye week. Bynum barnes blake can rest and shannon brown will do all the work.

wow, ok, calm down,easy , you really dont wanna go down that street

YAWN
04-14-2011, 02:54 AM
Hoping its Lakers in 4 and Bynum gets to rest/play limited minutes. But with the way they played to end the season, this might go 6 :banghead:

DuMa
04-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Chris Paul and Jarret Jack are gonna light up the Lakers. if not, Lakers in 5

Out_In_Utah
04-14-2011, 02:58 AM
Chris Paul and Jarret Jack are gonna light up the Lakers.

This is the biggest reason why NOH will win. Fisher won't be able to stop them, and having Blake sick just makes it tougher on the Lakers.

YAWN
04-14-2011, 03:00 AM
This is the biggest reason why NOH will win. Fisher won't be able to stop them, and having Blake sick just makes it tougher on the Lakers.
Unless Okafor is gonna go prime Shaq along with that, a couple point guards going off isn't going to be enough.

kraze94
04-14-2011, 03:01 AM
Fisher can't stop any PG, but that hasn't stopped the Lakers from winning the past two years.

Out_In_Utah
04-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Fisher can't stop any PG, but that hasn't stopped the Lakers from winning the past two years.

Except Fisher is even older and has even less help backing him up, while Paul has more help backing him up than he did in the past.

Doranku
04-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Chris Paul will naturally light us up as we have no PG defense, and Carl Landry has career nights on the regular against us.

NO will take at least one, imo.

Rysio
04-14-2011, 03:12 AM
Hornets going to shock the world. Book it.
http://i.imagehost.org/0617/hhhgggf.jpg

bl2k8
04-14-2011, 03:18 AM
Except Fisher is even older and has even less help backing him up, while Paul has more help backing him up than he did in the past.
eh Fish actually stepped his game up last year in the playoffs, and how does paul have more help at backup PG. I rather face Jarret than ****ing Collison

G-Funk
04-14-2011, 03:21 AM
Its going to be a long week, waiting 4 the playoffs

dsrdsr
04-14-2011, 03:23 AM
4-0.

Lakers are too much for the hornets.

Jotaro Durant
04-14-2011, 03:24 AM
Lakers in 5, this would be the biggest upset in some time if NO pulls it off.

Showtime
04-14-2011, 03:37 AM
Bet they wish they had Marcus Thornton right about now.

Lakers Legend#32
04-14-2011, 03:48 AM
Why aren't they starting this on Friday? You could get the Lakers and their large market audience twice on the weekend including playing Sunday. So now we just sit and twiddle our thumbs until the 17th.

alenleomessi
04-14-2011, 04:09 AM
CP3 will show why he is the best PG in the league but Lakers bigs are too much to handle for the Hornets without West

Lakers in 6

UtahJazzFan88
04-14-2011, 04:14 AM

If that was happening, I'd bet they would be wishing someone other than Jason Smith would be starting.

Showtime
04-14-2011, 04:15 AM
CP3 will show why he is the best PG in the league but Lakers bigs are too much to handle for the Hornets without West

Lakers in 6
Odom will shit in Landry's mouth.

blacknapalm
04-14-2011, 04:33 AM
LA is capable of doing this in 5, but knowing how complacent they can get, i won't be surprised if it goes 6.

NO just relies on cp3 too much. odom/gasol can outplay landry and NO will be missing the scoring of west/thornton. there's not too many legit shooters on NO these days with peja gone. if LA is focused, they can keep the scoring low and just finish games.

Showtime
04-14-2011, 04:58 AM
If that was happening, I'd bet they would be wishing someone other than Jason Smith would be starting.
Doesn't matter really. Landry's only superior contribution is scoring ability (which marcus is superior). Did you know how many rebounds he's averaging as a hornet in over 25 MPG? 4. Interestingly, Marcus Thornton is averaging more boards post-trade than the hornet's PF. Also, Jason Smith averages 5 boards when he gets at least 20 minutes. So I don't really see what huge benefit Landry brings that makes up for the benefit Thornton would bring. Smith is a solid rebounder and scrapper around the basket who can face up with the mid-range jumper off the pick and pop from Paul, which is almost exactly what Landry does. The only thing Landry can do better is generate his own offense on the elbow. But again, this offensive bonus is negated by the scoring and playmaking ability of Marcus.

Jason Smith + Thornton >>> Landry

And defensively, Landry isn't going to be able to handle Odom or Pau. If Bynum returns, they will be forced to play Gray at C and Emeka at PF anyway.

HighFlyer23
04-14-2011, 05:12 AM
http://onlytheblogknowsbrooklyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/400px-Broom_icon.svg_.png

Out_In_Utah
04-14-2011, 05:21 AM
http://onlytheblogknowsbrooklyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/400px-Broom_icon.svg_.png

Nah, it will take the Hornets at least 6 games to beat the Lakers.

talkingconch
04-14-2011, 05:22 AM
no ones shocking the world

lakers take care of business in 5

bl2k8
04-14-2011, 05:48 AM
this might be easier than the Utah series last year

Noof
04-14-2011, 06:24 AM
Lakers got this in 5.

AJ2k8
04-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Nah, it will take the Hornets at least 6 games to beat the Lakers.
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/626/original/ohoq9.jpg

thomaspynchon
04-14-2011, 07:07 AM

No, he's worthless in a system offense.

NOHCP3
04-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Worst possible matchup for NO. Though I don't think playing Dallas would have turned out better.PG is on the only position were better at. (Clearly) As far as having MT goes I still think it was a good trade yeah he's showing he can score but Hornets needed more size and I think if West stayed healthy then it would have been a great trade. Knowing how the Lakers can be lazy I think CP and the Hornets may steal game 3. Just outmanned here. Kobe will feast

iDunk
04-14-2011, 07:20 AM
This series could surprise a few people, but I just don't see the Hornets winning against LA.

HylianNightmare
04-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Unless Okafor is gonna go prime Shaq along with that, a couple point guards going off isn't going to be enough.

:roll:
Lakers sweep

Sammobile
04-14-2011, 09:42 AM
uhhh I'd much rather have Landry starting at the 4 than Jason SMith

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I hope CP3 can do something against Blake/Fisher and make this series entertaining.

Bigsmoke
04-14-2011, 11:42 AM
this is going to be boring

Rnbizzle
04-14-2011, 11:44 AM
this is going to be boring
Yeah I don't see how this topic is getting most attention of all playoffs series thusfar.. Guess its because of all the laker/kobe stans..

Showtime
04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
No, he's worthless in a system offense.
No, he's worthless to a coach who doesn't know how to use him. He's not a point guard, yet they experimented with that his rookie season. He doesn't have the handles to do that. However, that doesn't mean he can't make plays (averaged 3.4 dimes in sac). He was too short for Monty on the defensive end, and yet he has seemed to play solid on that end of the floor since leaving the hornets (partly because the kings don't lack size in their other guard positions or frontline). So really, the problem wasn't Thornton, the problem was that the hornets didn't use him correctly. What he is is strictly a 2 guard (not combo guy) who can score, but needs the ball and some room in the offense to create. The problem is, just as it has been for so many years, is that the hornets don't allow anybody else to do that other than Paul. Everything is built off of the pick and roll from Chris Paul, and that's why teams can blow them out, because his teammates are turned into spot up shooters. Only this season have we seen some improvement, but it's not enough.

Showtime
04-14-2011, 11:52 AM
uhhh I'd much rather have Landry starting at the 4 than Jason SMith
Landry averages fewer boards than Marcus Thornton post-trade. Smith grabs as many as Landry when he gets the minutes.

lakerspng
04-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Lakers should dominate this matchup. NOH really doesn't have the personnel to match up with the Lakers, especially on the front line.

Hopefully Odom and Gasol can do enough work inside that we can limit Bynum's minutes to around 20-30 a game and get him as much recovery time as possible.

Have a feeling we'll be switchnig kobe over onto CP3 for long stretches so he can help contain him with his length. There will be a lot of funneling of CP3 into our bigs when he tries to drive.

As long as the Lakers stay focused, take each game as it comes and keep up their intensity, it should be Lakers in 4.

caved
04-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Go Lakers!!!!!!!!!!

AI3Anthony
04-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Lakers in 3.

Kensta
04-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Think Lakers got this one pretty easy. Hornets in '08 were a scary team. These days not so much.

crisoner
04-14-2011, 12:49 PM
I think the Hornets can pull one game if the Lakers decide to go in to Zombie mode or play down to the talent they are facing. But a healthy Laker squad that is FOCUSED should sweep and blow them out every game. I just do not know which Laker team we will see.

Any how as a Laker fan I hope we blow them out every game and get to rest the starters in the 4th. Playoffs are here and the Lakers are built for the playoffs.

WAR LAKERS!!!

NBASTATMAN
04-14-2011, 01:34 PM
lakeshow in four..

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Lakers lose game one in shocking fashion and then win 4 straight to advance.

Disaprine
04-14-2011, 01:47 PM
interesting series to watch imo, mostly because i barely see chris paul play.

glidedrxlr22
04-14-2011, 01:58 PM
I see the Hornets as the weakest team in the West. Lakers taking it in no more than 5 games.

King Lebron LBJ
04-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Lakers in 5

Laker19
04-14-2011, 02:24 PM
maybe the stats are good but I don't think Chris Paul had a great performance against the Lakers this year. Jack looks to get his shot more and played well against us last game. Pau just needs to do a good job on Landry, he seems to have the Lakers number.

Lakers in 4

Funnyfuka
04-14-2011, 02:26 PM
my prediction so far:

http://i52.tinypic.com/n68jtl.jpg

not sure about picking okc over spurs, but i have a feeling this will be the big surprise.

this is really going to be interesting. I just hope it wont end with another lakers vs celtics finals. Would be the most boring finals ever.

krazymofo
04-14-2011, 02:37 PM
my prediction so far:

not sure about picking okc over spurs, but i have a feeling this will be the big surprise.

this is really going to be interesting. I just hope it wont end with another lakers vs celtics finals. Would be the most boring finals ever.

where u get that bracket ? can iget link plz

Scholar
04-14-2011, 02:45 PM
I think Lakers will take it in 4 or 5 games.

nbastatus
04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Lakers in 6.

KingBeasley08
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Lakers will sweep this. No way NO can handle their bigs + they dont have David West

Funnyfuka
04-14-2011, 04:03 PM
where u get that bracket ? can iget link plz
photoshopped the pic i got from nba.com

Gotterdammerung
04-14-2011, 04:03 PM
From my thread:
Tinsletown absolutely smashed the Hornets this year, 4 - zip, and blew them out a couple of weeks ago. There's no chance the Hornets can keep up with the Lakers firepower, especially without their top frontcourt scorer David West. Despite another injury to Bynum Kobe will grab reins and sweep the Hornets. Lakers in 4

DixieNourmous
04-14-2011, 04:05 PM
photoshopped the pic i got from nba.com

Nice :applause:

ATL_Bball_King
04-14-2011, 04:06 PM
my prediction so far:

Yea this is likely....And why would celtics and Lakers be boring?? was last years boring?? Finals goin to game seven...Goin down to the final minutes...

But i feel ya...I would rather see Miami Vs Lakers...But we have been waiting 3 years to see Lebron vs Kobe in the finals...Sadly Lebron has yet to step up to the challenge...I guess we will see if he can with Dwade and Bosh now...No excuses for him...

Indian guy
04-14-2011, 04:18 PM
YAWN :sleeping. Least interesting series of the 1st round besides Magic-Hawks.

LA in 4.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 04:21 PM
YAWN :sleeping. Least interesting series of the 1st round besides Magic-Hawks.

LA in 4.

Yep. The Kings boneheaded defense and decision making last night cost the NBA a great Lakers vs Blazers first round series.

Now we get to watch the Lakers just destroy the Hornets in 4. Boring.

1987_Lakers
04-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Yep. The Kings boneheaded defense and decision making last night cost the NBA a great Lakers vs Blazers first round series.

Now we get to watch the Lakers just destroy the Hornets in 4. Boring.

This dude is mad that his team is facing the Blazers instead of the Hornets.:oldlol:

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 04:46 PM
This dude is mad that his team is facing the Blazers instead of the Hornets.:oldlol:

Can you blame him?

Sammobile
04-14-2011, 04:56 PM

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 05:01 PM

No shit dude.

Do you expect me to be happy? I'm happy for the Lakers fans, but I'm devastated as a Mavs fan.

The Hornets don't have a chance to beat anyone. The Mavs would have beat them in 5 and then gotten to sit back and watch the blood bath that would have been Lakers vs. Blazers....a series that would probably have gone 6 or 7 and would have been grueling for Kobe.

Now, its the exact opposite. We never had a chance to beat the Lakers, but at least we would have gotten to play a worn down Lakers if the matchups were different.

LOL

Do you expect Mavs fans to be excited about playing a team that has more talent than we do?

Funnyfuka
04-14-2011, 05:02 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2r5zxc2.jpg

ATL_Bball_King
04-14-2011, 05:12 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2r5zxc2.jpg

So when the Bulls beat the Heat in the ECF...What will be Lebrons, Wade and Bosh's reaction...??? What will they say???

ATL_Bball_King
04-14-2011, 05:20 PM
No shit dude.

Do you expect me to be happy? I'm happy for the Lakers fans, but I'm devastated as a Mavs fan.

The Hornets don't have a chance to beat anyone. The Mavs would have beat them in 5 and then gotten to sit back and watch the blood bath that would have been Lakers vs. Blazers....a series that would probably have gone 6 or 7 and would have been grueling for Kobe.

Now, its the exact opposite. We never had a chance to beat the Lakers, but at least we would have gotten to play a worn down Lakers if the matchups were different.

LOL

Do you expect Mavs fans to be excited about playing a team that has more talent than we do?

When i first woke up this morning...One of the first thoughts in my head was " Lakers better had beat the kings last night to get the two spot to not play the blazers"

Yea i expect Mavs fans to be mad, Blazer fans to be happy...

I mean its been a lot of talk about how good the Mavs are...Its there time to go out there and show it...Show that they are not jus a good regular season team that chokes in the playoffs...But i am scared for your Mavericks...

They have 3 allstars to Mavs 1...:rolleyes:

Hope Mavs can handle this...

If Greg Oden was healthy... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Funnyfuka
04-14-2011, 05:20 PM
honnestly im really not sure okc beats spurs, or that heat beat bulls.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 05:29 PM
When i first woke up this morning...One of the first thoughts in my head was " Lakers better had beat the kings last night to get the two spot to not play the blazers"

Yea i expect Mavs fans to be mad, Blazer fans to be happy...

I mean its been a lot of talk about how good the Mavs are...Its there time to go out there and show it...Show that they are not jus a good regular season team that chokes in the playoffs...But i am scared for your Mavericks...

They have 3 allstars to Mavs 1...:rolleyes:

Hope Mavs can handle this...

If Greg Oden was healthy... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not sure who is talking about how good the Mavs are and I don't know how a team like the Mavs can be called chokers for losing to teams with more talent.

What makes the Mavs favorites this year?
What made them favorites last year against the Spurs.

Its not the players. Its not the coaching. What is it? That is what I'm confused about.

If you actually look at the two rosters, the Blazers are much much much better. Its not even remotely close in my opinion. The only thing that makes it close is if Dirk plays great. He'll be the best player on the floor if he plays well and will be able to close out games much better than any Blazer if he's on his game.

Other than Dirk? I don't see really any advantage for the Mavs.

AirJordan&Magic
04-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Lakers in 4, maybe 5. It's not going past 5 games... I expect the Lakers to win the series with ease.

zizozain
04-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Go Lakers

Edit: Mr.Jabbar .. please no gamethread creating :)

-

Rnbizzle
04-14-2011, 06:23 PM
I wonder what CP3's gonna do..

Doranku
04-14-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure who is talking about how good the Mavs are and I don't know how a team like the Mavs can be called chokers for losing to teams with more talent.

What makes the Mavs favorites this year?
What made them favorites last year against the Spurs.

Its not the players. Its not the coaching. What is it? That is what I'm confused about.

If you actually look at the two rosters, the Blazers are much much much better. Its not even remotely close in my opinion. The only thing that makes it close is if Dirk plays great. He'll be the best player on the floor if he plays well and will be able to close out games much better than any Blazer if he's on his game.

Other than Dirk? I don't see really any advantage for the Mavs.

If Dirk loses to the Blazers, that will be three out of the last four years losing in the first round with home court advantage (as a 1, 2, and 3 seed).

Has any other superstar player in league history EVER come close to such an abysmal feat?

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 07:11 PM
If Dirk loses to the Blazers, that will be three out of the last four years losing in the first round with home court advantage (as a 1, 2, and 3 seed).

Has any other superstar player in league history EVER come close to such an abysmal feat?

Has any superstar in league history EVER won this many games consistently with such an abysmal supporting cast?

I would understand your point if Dirk had played poorly, but the dude is one of 4 players in NBA history to average over 25 and 10 in the playoffs.

Dirk is also one of the best elimination game players of all time.

LOL at blaming Dirk. Priceless.

nosfan773
04-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Lets go hornets ... shock the nba world!!

jcyrus10
04-14-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm rooting for the Hornets, although I believe Lakers will take it. I hope it's not a sweep though. :rolleyes:

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Has any superstar in league history EVER won this many games consistently with such an abysmal supporting cast?

I would understand your point if Dirk had played poorly, but the dude is one of 4 players in NBA history to average over 25 and 10 in the playoffs.

Dwight is quickly catching up.

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 09:00 PM

Dirk doesnt have an abysmal supporting cast...please stop BSing....

An abysmal supporting cast is what AI had in Philly, T-mac had in Orlando, Kobe had after Phil and Shaq left, Wade had in Miami after Shaq left,etc...

Jimmy2k8
04-14-2011, 09:02 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm306/alanlakers/1zxmj53.gif

KDthunderup
04-14-2011, 09:04 PM
2011 NBA Playoff Preview: Kobe vs CP3 - Lakers vs Hornets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_B-QBRjO7E&feature=feedu

Assassin
04-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Lakers should have no reason to lose at even one game in this series. Easy first round matchup for the Lakers.

SinJackal
04-14-2011, 09:27 PM
No point in even watching this series. Lakers can beat the Hornets (minus David West) even if they sit Bynum for the entire series. Lakers once again get the easiest route possible in the playoffs. Injured first round team, injured second round team (no matter which team they meet there), then WCF. Lucked out again. But perhaps the second round might be interesting.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Dirk doesnt have an abysmal supporting cast...please stop BSing....

An abysmal supporting cast is what AI had in Philly, T-mac had in Orlando, Kobe had after Phil and Shaq left, Wade had in Miami after Shaq left,etc...

Abysmal considering the expectation has been to win titles and upset great teams like the Kings/Spurs/Lakers.

Its just hilarious. 2nd option is averaging 15 points 2 rebounds 3 assists on 41% shooting in 34 minutes a game in the last 4 years.

Only Duncan and Hakeem have ever won anything with teammates like this.

Sadly, Dirk just isn't as good as those guys.

Doranku
04-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Abysmal considering the expectation has been to win titles and upset great teams like the Kings/Spurs/Lakers.

Its just hilarious. 2nd option is averaging 15 points 2 rebounds 3 assists on 41% shooting in 34 minutes a game in the last 4 years.

Only Duncan and Hakeem have ever won anything with teammates like this.

Sadly, Dirk just isn't as good as those guys.

Winning titles is a far cry from the real expectation that he should be able to lead his team to first round wins with home court advantage..

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Winning titles is a far cry from the real expectation that he should be able to lead his team to first round wins with home court advantage..

I'll give you 07.

Other years? Spurs last year had better players and a better coach.

You would have a point if Dirk had played poorly. He's one of 4 players to average over 25 and 10 in the playoffs.

Career 26/11/3....and has played great consistently.

Lead teams? His teams have been awful. I'd love to watch Kobe or any other player try to win a playoff series with Jason Terry as his 2nd option.

Its just so funny how everyone just ignores how well Dirk plays and put the blame on him for having to carry sorry ass players like Terry and Kidd and Howard in the playoffs.

Lakers Legend#32
04-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Will Sunday ever get here?

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 10:25 PM
No point in even watching this series. Lakers can beat the Hornets (minus David West) even if they sit Bynum for the entire series. Lakers once again get the easiest route possible in the playoffs. Injured first round team, injured second round team (no matter which team they meet there), then WCF. Lucked out again. But perhaps the second round might be interesting.

They would have played an injury plagued first round team regardless of whether it had been New Orleans, Memphis, or Portland. Of course that's not why you're bitching is it?

Doranku
04-14-2011, 10:28 PM
They would have played an injury plagued first round team regardless of whether it had been New Orleans, Memphis, or Portland. Of course that's not why you're bitching is it?

Not to mention LA is injured themselves with Bynum's bone bruise. How fortunate. :confusedshrug:

chazzy
04-14-2011, 10:44 PM
But perhaps the second round might be interesting.
You've all but guaranteed the Lakers to lose in 6 to Dallas, so it should be more than interesting oh wise Sinjackal :bowdown:

Juges8932
04-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Sadly, this series will probably go 6 games. Tbh, I wouldn't even be shocked if it went 7. The Lakers get so damn complacent and cocky that it is embarrassing. We saw what happened against the Rockets. Try one game- blow them out by 30. Get lazy- get blown out by 25. :facepalm

The only Lakers who show up to play every game are Kobe and Fisher. I think Ron Ron does too.

Juges8932
04-15-2011, 01:18 AM

Apparently...the Lakers are always perfectly healthy and never have any health issues to deal with :oldlol:

wagexslave
04-15-2011, 07:25 AM
My brother's name is Chris, my name is Paul, and I ate cereal 3 days ago.

Is this a sign that I'm the new CP3?

24r2
04-15-2011, 08:24 AM
here hoping for an upset :rockon:

chris2010
04-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Im glad we are matched up w/ the hornets. We match up better with them.

BEAST Griffin
04-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I hope the Lakers don't even make the WCF. The bandwagon already started rolling here in L.A and Lakers fans are annoying.

:facepalm

Allstar24
04-15-2011, 11:58 AM
The only concern is the Lakers lack of focus. If Kobe makes sure everyone (especially the bench) is locked in, it should be a sweep.

winwin
04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
some posts in this thread were deleted
:facepalm steve

Eat Like A Bosh
04-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Lakers should stomp over this one.
David West still out?
Hornets Frontline can't match Lakers Frontcourt, and the Lakers Bigs can easily bully the Hornets.
Chris Paul would need to pull of a miracle to win one game.
Lakers in 4.

Shaquille O'Neal
04-15-2011, 12:59 PM

Classy post.

alanLA92
04-15-2011, 01:08 PM
If the Lakers actually decide to play as champs, they should win this series in 4 or 5 games. But if they feel not too motivated like they have for most of the season then this series will go 6 or even 7(see the Houston series in 09).

winwin
04-15-2011, 01:12 PM
psychosis induced by chemicals

LeFraud Shames
04-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Sadly, this series will probably go 6 games. Tbh, I wouldn't even be shocked if it went 7. The Lakers get so damn complacent and cocky that it is embarrassing. We saw what happened against the Rockets. Try one game- blow them out by 30. Get lazy- get blown out by 25. :facepalm

The only Lakers who show up to play every game are Kobe and Fisher. I think Ron Ron does too.

If we see the Ron we saw last year in the play-offs, we should be fine :rockon:

Showtime
04-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Classy post.
Hornets management the past few years has shit on the fans, just thought I'd return the favor.

Lakers13
04-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Lakers in 4-5 games. Lakers go playoff mode.

Colby Brian
04-16-2011, 02:16 AM
I hope the Lakers don't even make the WCF. The bandwagon already started rolling here in L.A and Lakers fans are annoying.

:facepalm

U MAD?

VIP2000
04-16-2011, 09:57 AM
The Lakers got the easiest first round matchup this year. I'd rather Houston be in the playoffs. The Rockets wouldn't win either, but they're scrappy enough to put up a fight.

I honestly think the Hornets will get swept with all four games being blowouts.

LA_Showtime
04-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Apparently...the Lakers are always perfectly healthy and never have any health issues to deal with :oldlol:

No kidding. I suppose we're relatively healthy this year compared to year's past, but Barnes' knee isn't healed, Bynum's not 100%, and Steve Blake's got pox. :oldlol: Of course that stuff is never mentioned... I wonder why?

The GM
04-16-2011, 01:06 PM
The Lakers are going to come out and put the league back on notice now that it's playoff time. Kobe, Pau and L.O. alone are too much for the Hornets, I expect Kobe to be guarding Paul a lot making him close to a non-factor. I see the Lakers winning in 5 but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this were a sweep.

game3524
04-16-2011, 07:08 PM

It is not LA"s fault that the Grizzlies don't fear the Spurs.

Eat Like A Bosh
04-16-2011, 07:29 PM
But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if this series go 7, as the Lakers have the tendency to coast.

macpierce
04-16-2011, 07:36 PM
if the lakers are in playoff mode, they should sweep since west is out

Jr Llaban
04-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Ready for tomorrow :pimp:

DixieNourmous
04-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Let the games begin :cheers:

DeronMillsap
04-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Rangers vs Capitals on NBC at 3PM(EST)>>>>>> Hornets vs Lakers.

EMERE
04-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Should be a sweep, if not then the Lakers take in 5. I've been reading several Hornets forums and they say that the NBA and Stern will not let the Hornets advanced due to the fact that the Lakers are a "popular" team, maybe because their a better team thats why they are going to win? Logic does not apply to people nowadays i guess.

Assassin
04-17-2011, 12:53 PM
It's gonna be a sweep. Gonna be interesting to see Ariza play against his former team though.

DKLaker
04-17-2011, 01:25 PM
If the Lakers actually decide to play as champs, they should win this series in 4 or 5 games. But if they feel not too motivated like they have for most of the season then this series will go 6 or even 7(see the Houston series in 09).

Yeah....it's all about motivation.....don't even have to look any farther than the last game against the Kings.....blowing a 20 point lead in the 4th against a 24 win team....WTF!!!!

They need to finish this thing in 4, avoid injury and get rest.

Scholar
04-17-2011, 02:29 PM
It is not LA"s fault that the Grizzlies don't fear the Spurs.

Agreed.
The Grizzlies didn't want to face the Lakers. Is that LAL's fault? No, the Griz wanted to take on the Spurs. They think the Spurs would be easier than the Lakers. LOL

Scholar
04-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Should be a sweep, if not then the Lakers take in 5. I've been reading several Hornets forums and they say that the NBA and Stern will not let the Hornets advanced due to the fact that the Lakers are a "popular" team, maybe because their a better team thats why they are going to win? Logic does not apply to people nowadays i guess.

There are idiotic conspiracists in every subject matter... :rolleyes:
I am one of the believers that the NBA extended the 2010 Finals to 7 games in order to make the most profit off of the Lakers-Celtics rivalry, but Hornets being defeated intentionally for popularity? Umm... No.

Percy Jenkins
04-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Chris Paul has simply not been the same since his injury, and is missing that quickness and burst he once had. The size of L.A. will dominate New Orleans inside, and make it that much easier for Kobe Bryant to score at will. Even if Bynum ends up missing any time, I still see the Lakers taking this one in no more than five games.

Check out my blog as I break down playoff matchups and predictions:

http://offthebooks305.blogspot.com/

Charger
04-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Anyone got any sreaming links for this game? Wanna be ready before it starts. Will be watching it via my G2 phone since I'm at work :(

Hulk Hogan
04-17-2011, 03:37 PM
So you can now push players out of bounds? :facepalm

Loneshot
04-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Why didn't you just pass the damn ball Kobe. Gasol and Fisher wide open. Kobe has been hard to watch this season.

alenleomessi
04-17-2011, 03:38 PM
bynum is huge for the lakers

Loneshot
04-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Anyone got any sreaming links for this game? Wanna be ready before it starts. Will be watching it via my G2 phone since I'm at work :(

try these
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/55102-NBA-Today!-April-17th-Playoffs

Eat Like A Bosh
04-17-2011, 03:41 PM
9-0 run by the Lakers, Lakers up 1, 13-12.

Hulk Hogan
04-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Its funny the amount of touch fouls being called throughout the start of the playoffs.. yet kobe hasn't gotten any yet!

Refs are taking a stand yet again! :facepalm

Lakers Legend#32
04-17-2011, 03:43 PM
16 wins to the Lakers 17th championship.

R3AL NY BaLLeR
04-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Bynum lookin confident so far

Eat Like A Bosh
04-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Damn Ariza really tried the jam that one! Missed both FTs though.