PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Thunder vs Nuggets preview

Pages : [1] 2 3

insidehoops
04-14-2011, 02:46 AM
The Oklahoma City Thunder face the Denver Nuggets in the first round of the 2011 NBA Playoffs.

Discuss the matchup! Strengths of each team, weaknesses, and don't just predict the outcome -- EXPLAIN WHY!

KDthunderup
04-14-2011, 02:49 AM
Thunder in 7

Westbrook > Lawson
Sefalosha < Affalo
Durant > Gallinari
Ibaka > Martin
Perkins < Nene

Thunder bench - Denver Bench

Homecourt will be the deciding factor.

kurple
04-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Injuries are killing us, Thunder in 6 or 7

M.V.P
04-14-2011, 03:09 AM
I see Thunder in 5 or 6. I'm sure the Nuggets will give them a run for their money each game, but when it comes down to the end of the game, OKC has Westbrook and Durant to depend on, while the Nuggets (while they have clutch role players definitely) lack the go to guy down the stretch (or at least I feel so). It will be a tough series, and especially more so than the final outcome suggest.

Djsonny
04-14-2011, 03:15 AM
I think this is going to be the must exciting series in the playoffs. Portland and Dallas as well but portland plays at a slower pace, where as both these teams are run and guns, cant wait!

G-Funk
04-14-2011, 03:25 AM
6-7*games

dsrdsr
04-14-2011, 03:46 AM
Both have deep bench, but OKC's starters are alot better.

4-1.

NuggetsFan
04-14-2011, 03:59 AM
Most important thing to determine the series will be what the health situation is for the Nuggets. AA has been out of commission for quite some time and didn't look too good when he was on and he's a pretty important piece. Throw in Nene got hurt, Lawson got hurt, Gallo has been banged up. How healthy the Nuggets are will decide weather or not the Thunder demolishes them or if the Nuggets put up a fight.

Anyways if Denver is in good shape I'll say OKC in 6. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver upset tho. We've got Kenyon\Gallo\AA\Chandler to throw at Durant. Ty\Felton\AA to throw at Westbrook. If Ty\Felton play there best we can overcome the advantage the Thunder has at the PG slot. When you look at the games where both play 30 minutes and both are on there games it's pretty crazy the production they can produce.

I think Denver will have trouble stopping OKC's run and counterproducing it. Doesn't matter how good you guard Durant he's going to off sometimes no matter what. When OKC goes on those 10-15 points, I don't think Denver can consistently match it. Denver has no trouble putting up 100+ points, more along the lines of can they score at the right times and the times they need to and they lack the player to do that where as OKC has two of them.

Interesting to see how OKC comes out of the gate tho. Never won a playoff series, and there only series they have been in they were HUGE underdogs with no expectations. Now people expect them to make noise, the attention will be on them. Those two first home games I'm curious to see how Durant\Westbrook react. Weather or not they try to take over, fade away, step up etc. because those first two games are looked at as games OKC should take without question.

I'm just hoping Denver can get healthy. It'll be a good series. Should see some good physical play too. I imagine we'll see a few scrums with K-Mart and Ibaka as well as Nene and Perkins.

AMISTILLILL
04-14-2011, 04:00 AM
I honestly love both of these teams. Each has their own individual regular season story that makes their success up to this point just that much more impressive.

The Thunder are a well oiled machine right now, growing in confidence from the trades that strengthened their front court in February. The Nuggets, though just as confident and eager to go deep in the post-season, are reeling from injuries. Players like JR Smith and Martin will shoot this team out of games where an extra pass or taking seconds more off the clock to shoot in rhythm might have brought about different results. Truthfully, I'm not so sure a team that, for all intents and purposes, was Frankensteined together mid-season will have what it takes to shock the world, despite their much admired cohesiveness and team oriented approach to the game.

The Nuggets are a testament to what a team can do in the absence of any real 'face of the franchise' superstar but, in the end, I think their productivity following Melo's trade is a heartwarming story that will have to end in the first round. The Thunder are just way too hungry and eager to prove to the world that they're ready NOW, instead of waiting for the juggernauts of the west to simply die out and leave the torch behind for them to carry.

Thunder in 5.

dbugz
04-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Would love to see again Thunder's crowd again standing, cheering and jumping the whole 48 Minutes :bowdown: :bowdown:

gutshot
04-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Wow, I'd love to watch every West Conference Playoffs series this season! Each team is very close and this matchup is no exception.

I believe Nuggets have the deepest and most balanced roster in the NBA. Maybe they don't have a superstar but they don't have any poor player either. Both teams are doing great lately and it's not easy to predict the winner of these series. Lawson is a very quick PG but he lacks size. How he is going to do on Westbrook is going to be the key. Another problem is Gallinari defending Durant. Denver on the other hand have various weapons and play great defensively esp on their home court. Their bench is excellent too. OKC have been playing together for a while and have some playoff experience. This is going to be very close and I think if Nuggets manage to get an extra win they can win it but OKC have some slight edge.

My prediction: OKC 4:3 Denver

MELOgamaniac
04-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Denver in 6 or 7...break out playoff performance for JR

kurple
04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I wonder how good the nuggets team when they get time to gel.. Since people love talking about the Knicks needing time to gel

OKCThunderUP
04-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Denver doesn't have anyone strong enough to stop Durant and no one fast enough to stop Westbrook. The OKC bench is deep and was one of the biggest keys to their two victories over Denver a couple of weeks ago.

OKC is one of the few teams fast enough to prevent Denver from playing their run and gun game. It doesn't speak well to Denver, historically, that they don't have a super star player to get the ball to come crunch time.

It will be a good series but I have OKC in 6.

kurple
04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Denver doesn't have anyone strong enough to stop Durant and no one fast enough to stop Westbrook. The OKC bench is deep and was one of the biggest keys to their two victories over Denver a couple of weeks ago.

You have to be strong to guard KD? :roll:

And if we don't have anyone fast enough to guard Westbrook, who will guard Lawson?

The Thunder's fast break defense and the refs are the only things that worries me, but it can also be very inconsistent.

OKCThunderUP
04-14-2011, 12:21 PM
You have to be strong to guard KD? :roll:

No but he has the most trouble with strong players.

kurple
04-14-2011, 12:27 PM
And I hope the Nuggets make Perkins run, A LOT.. He's one of the slowest guys in the L and we have to use our dept to our advantage

EllEffEll
04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
This looks to be the best 1st round matchup in the west or the east. If I were betting, I would go with OKC, but the Nuggets can be pretty scrappy. Looking forward to these games.

Thunder_Up
04-14-2011, 01:46 PM
I keep bouncing between OKC in 5 or 6. I'm gonna go with 5. The last two games plus the injuries the Nuggets had make me think the Thunder are gonna win this series. I think the games will be close but the Thunder will edge out 4/5 times.

Crown&Coke
04-14-2011, 01:58 PM
This looks to be the best 1st round matchup in the west or the east. If I were betting, I would go with OKC, but the Nuggets can be pretty scrappy. Looking forward to these games.

+1

Both teams have similar styles, play mostly perimeter ball, defending is always key, and they are deep as hell, and athletic and love to run.

If Nene is healthy he will be the key, the only guy on either team who can score down low. But he has to battle Perkins who is the best low post defender in the league.

I think Denver will go with Lawson and Felton together a lot and run like wild horses. Don't think nether guy can check Westbrook who will be the reason OKC wins this series. I see him averaging 25/9/7 over the course of the series.

I think George Karl saying 45/55 he would rather see Dallas is going to show its ugly head, and Felton talking smack will get him smacked up by Westbrook.

This is a can't miss series for me, Im gonna try and watch every game

niko
04-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey Kurple i already lost an avi bet so if you win this bet (OKC in 7 or Denver wins) you'll need to wait a month until i finish this lost bet. :facepalm

garubu
04-14-2011, 02:14 PM
I have a question for thunder and wesrbrook fans. Is westbrook a crybaby when it comes to getting calls. Because the last game i watched when they were in denver he seems to whine alot. Especially when he was getting frustrated since lawson was owning him. My prediction is thunder in 7. HC is whats going to be huge in this series. Ill say it will end in 6 if refs bail westbrook and durant out.

garubu
04-14-2011, 02:20 PM

OKC is one of the few teams fast enough to prevent Denver from playing their run and gun game. It doesn't speak well to Denver, historically, that they don't have a shuper star player to get the ball to come crunch time.

It will be a good series but I have OKC in 6.
:roll: lol wtf? Westbrook fast but lets not say no one can stop him. Hopefully ty goes apeshit on him like the third game this season when they went head to head. Westbrook was crying for fouls all night. Ref bailed him out at least twice. Maynard was big fir you guys though. Hopefully durant doesnt come out shooting hot or nuggz are ****ed.

niko
04-14-2011, 02:30 PM
I wonder how good the nuggets team when they get time to gel.. Since people love talking about the Knicks needing time to gel
The difference is the Knicks team IS the Knicks team. We are not retooling next year. The Nuggets got all these pieces to trade, sign who they want (you have a bunch of FA's remember), etc. Your whole team is auditioning for roles. Next year you are not doing the 10 man, 2 sents of 5, everyone is starting. I think people think this is the way the Nuggets will play from now on.

OKC in 5, 6 at worst. In the playoffs there are always a bunch of players you find out can't hack it and that's when you dump the ball to your star and ask them to bail you out. For Denver, that is who exactly? Gallo? Lawson? Nene in the post? Game tied, 3 minutes to go, OKC goes to Westbrook/Durant, Denver all stares at each other.

NugzFan
04-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Thunder in 7

Westbrook > Lawson
Sefalosha < Affalo
Durant > Gallinari
Ibaka > Martin
Perkins < Nene

Thunder bench - Denver Bench

Homecourt will be the deciding factor.

never a fan of the position by position analysis however, did you say the benches are equal? not sure if im reading that right. maybe you are subtracting them? :confusedshrug:

ATL_Bball_King
04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
This is prolly the most difficult series to predict...On one hand you have a team with two superstars and a complete starting five...And on the other you have a team with two starting five groups with out any superstars...I dont know what combination is more deadly...I guess that is what we are gonna see...

I say it comes down to straight up defense...Who ever plays the better defense in series wins it...

I say thunder in 7...Its gonna come down to a Durant or Westbrook clutch shot...I feel Durant has it in him...But if westbrook takes it (not likely) they will lose...

Damn.....Such great matchups...

MeloMike
04-14-2011, 04:54 PM
With this recent slew of injuries, it appears the Denver bench and depth will be tested. We are deep, but Nene and Ty are probably our two most important players right now. Not to mention AAs health. Jesus, if both teams were healthy, this would really be close to a coin flip.

It comes down to Denvers depth vs OKCs stars. Not to say OKC has no depth, but Denver 1-12 is as deep as anyone in the L.

I wanna say Denver as a homer pick, and it wouldn't be outrageous. If they can steal one in OKC, then I think they will win this series.

That's quite the big if though. OKC certainly has the advantage in close games with closers like Durant and Westbrook. And I think this series (whether it's 4 or 7 games) will have all close contests.

I will go with OKC in 7, but I really think Denver could pull it off with their depth and desire to play D. Will be a great series. Home court will be a factor.

canyoufeelit?
04-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Denver in 4

jk lol. probably okc in 6. either way, going to be more entertaining than any other series.

Gotterdammerung
04-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Posted in my thread:

no doubt the most exciting of all first round matchups. Despite splitting the season series 2-2, the Thunder easily won the last two after the Nuggets traded Melo, so this means the Nuggets cannot take their post-trade success for granted. They are by far the deepest team in the league, going 10 deep, and will come at the Thunder in waves after waves of athletes and high powered scoring predicated on ball movement. However, they lack that go-to scorer like Kevin Durant, which might cost them a couple of games. The Thunder has everything: interior defense, size, chemistry, hunger, and homecourt. Thunder in 7

50inchvertical
04-14-2011, 06:47 PM
I have a question for thunder and wesrbrook fans. Is westbrook a crybaby when it comes to getting calls. Because the last game i watched when they were in denver he seems to whine alot. Especially when he was getting frustrated since lawson was owning him. My prediction is thunder in 7. HC is whats going to be huge in this series. Ill say it will end in 6 if refs bail westbrook and durant out.
Not even close, he probably has like 5 techs in his career. He has a pouty demeanor when things aren't going his way though but he doesn't take it off on refs. He just walks off the court with his head down kind of shaking it. To refs, most he'll do is say one thing then walk off.

I think we take this one, 6 or 7. Either way, I got my tickets ready and got some extras (OKC ISHers hit me up, 105$ for a pair)

I'm not looking forward to the game being so late though 8:30pm? WTF? People have to work and go to school the next day, I won't end up getting home until like 1am :oldlol:

PBJ_Time
04-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Not even close, he probably has like 5 techs in his career. He has a pouty demeanor when things aren't going his way though but he doesn't take it off on refs. He just walks off the court with his head down kind of shaking it. To refs, most he'll do is say one thing then walk off.

I think we take this one, 6 or 7. Either way, I got my tickets ready and got some extras (OKC ISHers hit me up, 105$ for a pair)

I'm not looking forward to the game being so late though 8:30pm? WTF? People have to work and go to school the next day, I won't end up getting home until like 1am :oldlol:
Where are the seats at?

Cowboy Thunder
04-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Thunder in 5

Explaination: RW, JH, KD, Air Congo and Beaumont, Tx

KDthunderup
04-14-2011, 08:49 PM
never a fan of the position by position analysis however, did you say the benches are equal? not sure if im reading that right. maybe you are subtracting them? :confusedshrug:Thunder bench has outright owned the Nuggets bench each time they have played. They also have the leading scorer off the bench since the all star break, James Harden.

50inchvertical
04-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Where are the seats at?
314L:oldlol: My season ticket is 102QQ so I'm good. However, 100$ while it might seem outrageous is actually far less than what people are asking on these tickets sites and CL. I bought these off ebay for this price, just wanna break even

NugzFan
04-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Thunder bench has outright owned the Nuggets bench each time they have played. They also have the leading scorer off the bench since the all star break, James Harden.

that's nice. Denvers bench is the deepest in the league

Scoooter
04-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Are Nene, Gallo, Afflalo, Mozgov, etc. going to be healthy for this series?

NuggetsFan
04-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Are Nene, Gallo, Afflalo, Mozgov, etc. going to be healthy for this series?

From what I remember reading Karl said if we played today Nene\AA wouldn't go but Gallo probably would. Nene himself said he's ready to go for the first game pretty sure. Ty Lawson is expected for game 1. I'm sensing we won't hear alot of definitive things and Karl doesn't want OKC to know what the word is. I think in general tho Denver's just really banged up and we won't truly know how bad until the first or second game. Mozzy I think is expected to be available later in the series I think. Don't quote me on this, just off the top of my head after reading a few things.

Also heard Felton\Lawson starting could be an option? Interesting to see the least. Leads me to believe AA is nowhere near gameshape witch isn't very good for Denver tho.

On a completely separate note, people always say in the playoffs It's all about matchups and having a player down the stretch etc. I think one side of the argument people fail to realize is that when you have 2 guy's like Durant\Westbrook you know exactly who's shooting the majority of the shots and you can decide how to go about it. OKC however is going to have to take a stab at it and try to shut down certain area's. Maybe's it's Nene's post up or Ty Lawson's penetration. Either way gotta be tough to not know who's going to be going off against the team your facing. Than again those player's don't have the same ability so that's where the massive edge for stars come into play I guess. Food for thought.

KDthunderup
04-14-2011, 09:58 PM
that's nice. Denvers bench is the deepest in the leagueObviously that didnt help them when they were playing us.

The Bird
04-14-2011, 10:23 PM
I'll avy bet any Thunder fan the Nuggets win this series.

KDthunderup
04-14-2011, 10:27 PM
I'll avy bet any Thunder fan the Nuggets win this series.Deal

The Bird
04-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Deal

Great. :cheers:

bstickq1
04-14-2011, 10:49 PM
They also have the leading scorer off the bench since the all star break, James Harden.

JR Smith has been doing well since the allstar break too -

25 games since allstar break -

25.8 Min
14.5 PTS
45.2 FG%
45.5 3P% (on 5.4 attempts per game o_O)

Interestingly he literally disappeared in the two games against OKC.

OKCThunderUP
04-15-2011, 12:12 AM
that's nice. Denvers bench is the deepest in the league

Which is why OKC's bench absolutely dismantled the Denver bench in both match-ups, right?

NuggetsFan
04-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Which is why OKC's bench absolutely dismantled the Denver bench in both match-ups, right?

Quit being silly. Two games head to head doesn't determine what team has a better bench. That's like implying by the Cavs beating the Knicks there the better team.

OKC's bench got the better half of Denver's in two games. I'd love to see how the numbers for the rest of the season matches up. Or does that not count?. Just a random question here but if Denver's bench outplays Portland's bench and OKC's bench out play's Denver's bench annnnd Portland's bench outplays OKC who has the best bench? :oldlol: . Fact is 2 game same size is ridiculously small.

Now am I saying OKC's bench can't outplay Denver bench again through out the series? Of course not. In general terms tho I don't understand how you couldn't understand that Denver has the better bench.

Felton
J.R
Chandler\Harrington
Birdman\Harrington
Mosgov\Koufos
(when fully healthy, Chandler has started quite abit with all the injuries).
or

Maynor
Harden
Cook
Collison
Nazr

Your honestly going to say you feel more comfortable with OKC's bench through out a 7 game series?. If that's the case than you might as well go ahead and call the sweep because you've already got the 2 best players by far in the series and now you have the best bench. Why is Denver even going to keep a game close? :confusedshrug:

OKCThunderUP
04-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Quit being silly. Two games head to head doesn't determine what team has a better bench. That's like implying by the Cavs beating the Knicks there the better team.

OKC's bench got the better half of Denver's in two games. I'd love to see how the numbers for the rest of the season matches up. Or does that not count?. Just a random question here but if Denver's bench outplays Portland's bench and OKC's bench out play's Denver's bench annnnd Portland's bench outplays OKC who has the best bench? :oldlol: . Fact is 2 game same size is ridiculously small.

Now am I saying OKC's bench can't outplay Denver bench again through out the series? Of course not. In general terms tho I don't understand how you couldn't understand that Denver has the better bench.

Felton
J.R
Chandler\Harrington
Birdman\Harrington
Mosgov\Koufos
(when fully healthy, Chandler has started quite abit with all the injuries).
or

Maynor
Harden
Cook
Collison
Nazr

Your honestly going to say you feel more comfortable with OKC's bench through out a 7 game series?. If that's the case than you might as well go ahead and call the sweep because you've already got the 2 best players by far in the series and now you have the best bench. Why is Denver even going to keep a game close? :confusedshrug:

What happened throughout the season is irrelevant. You're not playing anyone else. Maybe OKC's bench isn't the best in the league, but if two games in the same week are any indication, they at least match up very well against Denver's bench. Considering they outplayed Denver's bench pretty drastically a couple of weeks ago, yes I'm very comfortable with them in a 7-game series. Without them, OKC likely loses both of those games to Denver.

NuggetsFan
04-15-2011, 01:49 AM
What happened throughout the season is irrelevant. You're not playing anyone else. Maybe OKC's bench isn't the best in the league, but if two games in the same week are any indication, they at least match up very well against Denver's bench. Considering they outplayed Denver's bench pretty drastically a couple of weeks ago, yes I'm very comfortable with them in a 7-game series. Without them, OKC likely loses both of those games to Denver.

How is it irrelevant? So were suppose to base everything on these two teams based on two games in one week? Ok. So if Gallo matches Durant in the first game would it be fair for me to assume till the next game that Gallo = Durant? Hypothetical of course.

Whatever doesn't much matter. Never said OKC bench couldn't hang. Just said Denver had the better bench and I'd trust that over a 7 game series. Just like I'd trust the better team to win most of the time, much like I predicted OKC in 6.

OKC with the two best players on the floor and the comparable\better bench. Denver's only advantage coming into this thing was there depth\bench so guess were looking at a SWEEP! :oldlol:

OKCThunderUP
04-15-2011, 01:51 AM
How is it irrelevant? So were suppose to base everything on these two teams based on two games in one week? Ok. So if Gallo matches Durant in the first game would it be fair for me to assume till the next game that Gallo = Durant? Hypothetical of course.

One game isn't a trend. Two may not be either but it's a good indication of where things may be going.

Whatever doesn't much matter. Never said OKC bench couldn't hang. Just said Denver had the better bench and I'd trust that over a 7 game series. Just like I'd trust the better team to win most of the time, much like I predicted OKC in 6.

I wasn't necessarily saying they weren't better. Maybe they are better but they don't match up well against OKC? I'm not trying to discredit your bench because Denver is deep as a team but in both of those matchups, Maynor and Harden absolutely killed your bench.

jawkam
04-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Very exciting match-up. Must catch a game or two!

bstickq1
04-15-2011, 03:49 AM
One game isn't a trend. Two may not be either but it's a good indication of where things may be going.

I wasn't necessarily saying they weren't better. Maybe they are better but they don't match up well against OKC? I'm not trying to discredit your bench because Denver is deep as a team but in both of those matchups, Maynor and Harden absolutely killed your bench.
Don't forget that Afflalo was out for those two games, and he should be playing Sunday.

D-nugz
04-15-2011, 05:21 AM
Denver in 6...
We will make it to the finals and shock the world !!!

OKC will choke..

hell yeah !!!

:cheers:

wagexslave
04-15-2011, 07:19 AM
I'll bet the hooker I mutilated last week that the Knuggicks win game 8.

PBJ_Time
04-15-2011, 08:28 AM
314L:oldlol: My season ticket is 102QQ so I'm good. However, 100$ while it might seem outrageous is actually far less than what people are asking on these tickets sites and CL. I bought these off ebay for this price, just wanna break even
No, that's a fair price man. They are going for more than that. I may get them from you if you haven't sold them by tomorrow. We have 6 season tickets split between family members. I'm sure I'll get a ticket or two, but I don't know to what games yet, so I'm trying to find out. If I don't get one for Sunday, I'll hit you up for yours if you haven't sold them yet.

niko
04-15-2011, 09:09 AM
George Karl is a little ***** btw. Heard him and every two seconds he dropped a subliminal at Anthony. Nice guy, must be great to play for. (And don't think it's just Anthony, he called Ray Allen a barbie doll once, etc. He just got a big mouth). I get it the week after but now? Still? Right before your playoff series?

And for everyone saying how great the Denver system is, no team without an all-star has ever won a title, and no team in the last 30 years outside of the 2004 pistons without a grade A superstar has won a title, and those pistons had 2 future HOF caliber players in Chauncey and Rasheed.

I'll take Durant/Westbrook over greatness by committee.

50inchvertical
04-15-2011, 10:33 AM
No, that's a fair price man. They are going for more than that. I may get them from you if you haven't sold them by tomorrow. We have 6 season tickets split between family members. I'm sure I'll get a ticket or two, but I don't know to what games yet, so I'm trying to find out. If I don't get one for Sunday, I'll hit you up for yours if you haven't sold them yet.
Hit me up. There's 1 on the Thunder ticketexchange right now 313L for 33 (about 45 after ticketmaster rapes you with random fees). I'm thinking about grabbing it because I anticipate cashing in big on my 102QQ, selling the pair I mentioned, and still needing a ticket for myself. I might risk it though and wait til gametime and try to catch one of the scalpers outside or last minute change of plan type guys.

Even if I don't get a ticket, for the playoff they do the "Thunder Alley" thing where they put the big screen up on the Cox Convention Center next door, have $1 longnecks, and all types of games and things including the pregame/postgame going on right outside the arena so that's still always fun.

NM on that 313L, just went ahead and jumped on it. But the game on Sunday is at 8:30 which kind of sucks for people like me who have a long frive also to get there because you figure we won't be getting out until about 11:00-11:15, then I got another 1.5hrs or so before I get home, even longer though because I always stop at Chikasha Wal Mart and get groceries then go to Dairy Queen and get a peanut buster parfait :lol

kurple
04-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Niko: What did he say?

And i can't believe people are trying to even argue that the Thunder bench is better than the Nuggets

kurple
04-15-2011, 10:37 AM
And for everyone saying how great the Denver system is, no team without an all-star has ever won a title
Why even say this? NO ONE is seriously thinking the Nuggets even have a shot at the championship (other than Hollinger)

How many teams have won without defense? And Knicks fans actually believe they have a shot at a championship

dunksby
04-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Homer prediction (4-0)
Realistic prediction (4-2)
Nuggetz have a very good team, they gotta be the deepest team 1-12 wise, but they lack a star or two to carry them through a series. We got a Superstar and a borderline superstar to go with a sweet presence in the paint via Perkins, Ibaka and Nazr. Our 6th man has been playing fantastic since the trade which makes the scale go down to OKC's side even more.

niko
04-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Why even say this? NO ONE is seriously thinking the Nuggets even have a shot at the championship (other than Hollinger)

How many teams have won without defense? And Knicks fans actually believe they have a shot at a championship
Nope, i don't think that either. There are as many people saying Denver will win this year as NY will win btw. So if you want to say everyone is delusional, i'm in.

George Karl said this new team is better because the new players are more proffesional, because they work harder, because they listen to him, etc. Basically everything he said implied the team before did not. He was being asked what makes this team special and every answer was a veiled shot at the last team. It was uncalled for. Denver fans i'm sure won't care as much (nor should you) because Melo wanted out, so why care. BUT there were so many subliminals - i didn't get it.

50inchvertical
04-15-2011, 10:55 AM
He has always been like that though, beefs and defers blame to players after they leave. He's not as bad as Larry Brown in that regard, but it's a pattern of his.

alanLA92
04-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Thunder in 6. This will be a fun series but Denver is missing that scorer down the stretch that can do it on a nightly basis. But then again I could be wrong this is one of those 50/50 playoff series.

NugzFan
04-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Obviously that didnt help them when they were playing us.

obviously that wasnt our full bench. :rolleyes:

NugzFan
04-15-2011, 01:57 PM

one isnt enough but two is?

how about 1.5?

:rolleyes: here you go again. you always backtrack. now you arent saying okc;s bench is better?

NugzFan
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
And for everyone saying how great the Denver system is, no team without an all-star has ever won a title, and no team in the last 30 years outside of the 2004 pistons without a grade A superstar has won a title, and those pistons had 2 future HOF caliber players in Chauncey and Rasheed.

I'll take Durant/Westbrook over greatness by committee.

oh wow...what a new post from you. youve never posted this before. its not like you havent said the exact same thing 1000000 times already. :oldlol:

i bet you have it copied and ready to paste into every denver thread. convenient!

NugzFan
04-15-2011, 02:00 PM

its niko man...nothing he says about denver has any credibility. he lost that a long time ago.

NugzFan
04-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Nope, i don't think that either. There are as many people saying Denver will win this year as NY will win btw. So if you want to say everyone is delusional, i'm in.

George Karl said this new team is better because the new players are more proffesional, because they work harder, because they listen to him, etc. Basically everything he said implied the team before did not. He was being asked what makes this team special and every answer was a veiled shot at the last team. It was uncalled for. Denver fans i'm sure won't care as much (nor should you) because Melo wanted out, so why care. BUT there were so many subliminals - i didn't get it.

is the issue that hes brining this stuff up now (months after the trade)? because it is true.

he shouldnt have said it (i agree) but he isnt lying about it.

50inchvertical
04-15-2011, 02:51 PM
I just bought a 4th row ticket for game 1 for 150$ Not bad at all for a playoff game. Now I just have to get rid of the 4 other tickets I have for this game.

Cowboy Thunder
04-15-2011, 04:13 PM
50inch, would you guess that game 1 would be the cheapest?

Sounds like you've seen some cheap tix. I'd like to make one of the games this first series for $40 per seat or less. Think I'll have a shot?

H.A.M.
04-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Okccccccccccccccc

Eat Like A Bosh
04-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Why would someone say Denver win in 7?
I'm picking OKC, they got the 2 best players in this series, and homecourt.

50inchvertical
04-15-2011, 05:11 PM
50inch, would you guess that game 1 would be the cheapest?

Sounds like you've seen some cheap tix. I'd like to make one of the games this first series for $40 per seat or less. Think I'll have a shot?
It's because it's closer, come Tuesday you should see game 2 coming down. I can give you this 313L single I bought for 42. That's face value of what I got it for off the exchange (33$ + fees). Like I said, bought the 120DD so don't need it anymore. I also have it listed on stubhub instant download so you can buy it that way if you don't trust me.

It's a risk but the closer to game time, the more likyl sometimes to find a steal from someone who just has to put aside their hopes of a big profit and take breaking even or whatever they can get on top of that for it.

Hell, I'd say just go to the game with no ticket and see what you catch outside. Even if you don't get one, they're doing Thunder Alley so you'll have plenty to do with the huge screen on the Cox Convention Center televising the game, $1 beer, BWW out there, Thunder Girls, games, ESPN RV for the games they're doing, all types of stuff going on and they're even shooting the pre and post games live for FSOK there with Brian Davis.

NuggetsFan
04-15-2011, 06:54 PM

As stupid as it might sound I think he does it to pump the team up. Ty Lawson had comments as well as Nene about how the ball moves now. Think Karl and co wants everyone to have a chip on there shoulder about Melo wanting out and now playing without an All-Star kinda thing. Atleast that's what I got from it.

Still wrong and a dick move. Not sure why players\coaches should be upset. Melo helped us get 4 players back from NY and we haven't skipped a beat and got better so nobody should be upset.

EricGordon23
04-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Can't wait for this series it's going to be dare I say it ..... The Bomb

niko
04-15-2011, 10:54 PM
is the issue that hes brining this stuff up now (months after the trade)? because it is true.

he shouldnt have said it (i agree) but he isnt lying about it.
Its the bringing it up AGAIN. He said like 10 subliminals against ANthony when i heard him talking and not one question was even leading him for it. True or not, he came off as a dick.

as far as me being right or wrong, we'll know soon, no? Team with 2 stars vs. Team with no stars. Kurple is ready to give me my second straight month of avi hell.

NugzFan
04-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Its the bringing it up AGAIN. He said like 10 subliminals against ANthony when i heard him talking and not one question was even leading him for it. True or not, he came off as a dick.

fair enough.

O_City_Thunder
04-16-2011, 12:42 AM
I just bought a 4th row ticket for game 1 for 150$ Not bad at all for a playoff game. Now I just have to get rid of the 4 other tickets I have for this game.
I have like 3 tickets I need to get rid of now. I bought 2 tickets off the exchange that I think I'm gonna use now in 120KK, but I'm still debating because the other 3 tickets I have are in 327H and I actually like sitting up there. I posted them on CL to see if anyone would bite, otherwise I'll just take them to the arena....I'm sure somebody will be looking for some after their name doesn't get drawn...lol

50inchvertical
04-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Sweet you'll be like 7 rows behind me. I don't do upper levels anymore, haven't this entire season. I'm shocked nobody has called me about these I'm selling yet either. I am going to take them with me to the gym and hope I can get rid of them. I hate selling AT the game, you have to stand on that 1 corner where the dealership used to be, people try to lowball you and if it's close to gametime sometimes you have no choice, it just sucks overall

niko
04-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Why start the game so late? Annoying...

ThunderKat
04-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Why would someone say Denver win in 7?
I'm picking OKC, they got the 2 best players in this series, and homecourt.

Yeah, but the Nuggets aren't a scrub team. They will be motivated by the fact that everyone is telling them they won't win the series. Sports is a lot about motivation. I still like the Thunder to win the series, but you never know. If KD, Westbrook, Ibaka and Perkins show up I like our chances. :rockon:

crisoner
04-17-2011, 04:07 AM
Sweet you'll be like 7 rows behind me. I don't do upper levels anymore, haven't this entire season. I'm shocked nobody has called me about these I'm selling yet either. I am going to take them with me to the gym and hope I can get rid of them. I hate selling AT the game, you have to stand on that 1 corner where the dealership used to be, people try to lowball you and if it's close to gametime sometimes you have no choice, it just sucks overall
I'll buy some off u if the u guys meet the Lakers in the wcf.

talkingconch
04-17-2011, 04:20 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/dztkkg.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/24g6m1j.jpg

thomaspynchon
04-17-2011, 05:38 AM
I want the Nuggets to win because I dislike Thunder fans.

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 01:03 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Kevin-Durant-Panda-Bear.jpg

Percy Jenkins
04-17-2011, 03:01 PM
I have to give the edge to OKC, only because they have the two best players on the court. Denver has nobody to stop Durant or Westbrook, and the presence of Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka down low will slow down the Denver front court of Martin and Nene. OKC in six, only because the Nuggets can outscore anybody on any given night.

Check out my blog as I break down playoff matchups and predictions:

http://offthebooks305.blogspot.com/

TheAnchorman
04-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Gonna be cheering for my Nuggets, but I don't see how they can push the Thunder to 7, KD and West are just too good. I am hoping for a good series and an upset of course :rockon:

King Lebron LBJ
04-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Thunder by 11 tonight

1_BAD_TIGER
04-17-2011, 04:48 PM
The Nuggets will win one of the first two games in OK City.

TOUCH MY BODY
04-17-2011, 05:45 PM
OKC moneyline is a LOCK :hammertime:

crawdaddy4ou
04-17-2011, 06:48 PM
I need 2 game 2 tickets.

50inchvertical
04-17-2011, 06:57 PM
I need 2 game 2 tickets.
I got 2 for tonite for 30 total if you want them. I can't even give these shits away. The shitty start time is turning a lot of people off

crawdaddy4ou
04-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Man, I would take em but I'm not in town. Won't be able to go until Game 2.

KDthunderup
04-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Gee, with all the upsets and our bad record on Sunday, I'm getting a bad feeling about the game tonight.

NuggetsFan
04-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Gee, with all the upsets and our bad record on Sunday, I'm getting a bad feeling about the game tonight.

I've got the opposite feeling. With all the upset's happening gotta think what's suppose to happen is eventually going to happen today :lol

1_BAD_TIGER
04-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Nuggets march to the Championship begins now.:cheers:

Scoooter
04-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Nuggets unconscious. Good to see Gallo ballin'. What's the word on Afflalo?

dee-rose
04-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Nene!

leopoldstotch
nuggets off to a fast start. they sure did answer the doubters.

mans1ay3r
Nuggets look ridiculous right now.

HB40TheNextStar
On fire. Absolutely on flaming.

HB40TheNextStar
04-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Did Ibaka just do the Mutumbo finger wave?

1rkrage
04-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Westbrook :applause:

best player of the Thunder

AznTacoLover
04-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Jeff, You really need to upgrade the servers it just took like 8 mins for me to get into this thread with avatars disabled :facepalm

NuggetsFan
04-17-2011, 09:59 PM
How's that not a charge? :confusedshrug: .

Denver coming out of the gates perfectly so far tho :bowdown:

EoJ
04-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Ibaka is a beast with those blocks but he needs to drive instead of shooting every time he touches it.

KDthunderup
04-17-2011, 10:02 PM
The tide has to turn soon, Nugz can't keep shooting this well all game

HB40TheNextStar
04-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Why isn't Nene more of a force in this league?

Decent height, good size, plays bigger than he is, extremely athletic, attacks the rim like a man, decent passer, good midranged jumper.

?

whoartthou
04-17-2011, 10:03 PM
durant looking like a scrub.

Scoooter
04-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Nuggs can't get any calls.

MELOgamaniac
04-17-2011, 10:05 PM
durant looking like a scrub.

he will continue to in this series

04mzwach
04-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Anybody confused about why the Thunder are the favorites? I am.

Timofey Mozgov
04-17-2011, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Denver swept the Thunder.

gmoney9
04-17-2011, 10:07 PM
I see the whistles will keep OKC in this game

Gundress
04-17-2011, 10:08 PM
OKC has one of the best crowds in the NBA.

But The Nuggets ain't no joke.

The Nuggets>>>>>The Knicks.

MELOgamaniac
Omg....Durant can't be touched...he gets the benefit of the doubt on every whistle

Scoooter
Durant's going to set some kind of free throw record.

b1imtf
04-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Durant just chuckin' them up :/

Rajondo
04-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Durant is just eating up these fouls.

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Nuggs can't get any calls.

well they aren't getting fouled.

whoartthou
if the nuggets win this series, how will they fare afterwards?

nbastatus
13 FTs for the OKC this quarter, and they are still down. Refs' help is not enough.

macpierce
Durant gets so many foul calls its really ridiculous, not even prime kobe got him dick riden like this with these touch fouls

H.A.M.
Durant's going to set some kind of free throw record.

maybe they should stop fouling him or is it Durants fault

Funnyfuka
nene tearing new assholes tonight.

dbronx42
04-17-2011, 10:11 PM
These refs are an absolute joke... Looks like we know who they bet on tonight. 10 fouls for OKC and 1 for Denver. Kevin Durant is a *****. All he can do is flail his arms and get to the line. Refs of course rewarding him every time.

konex
13-1 fts are saving OKC from a blowout

Rajondo
Omg....Durant can't be touched...he gets the benefit of the doubt on every whistle

This.

All the refs made sure to put fresh peas in their whistles today.

NuggetsFan
04-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Don't like complaining about the refs, and won't ever use that as an excuse but really hoping this isn't what the series is going to look like. Nene got called for a block on the exact same play that they called Birdman for a charge.

OKC is going to and will deserve to shoot more free throws. Can't bail them out when Denver's got a 10+ lead tho.

13 free throws compared to 1. 10 personal fouls compared to ONLY 1 person foul on the Thunder. Denver was making shots so it's understandable they weren't attacking much but still ... only 1 personal foul on the Thunder? Nobody reached in? Denver racked up 10.

dr8ked
how many FT's has durant shot ??

konex
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/jar155/oklahoma-city-thunder.jpg:hammerhead:

juju151111
Are they getting fouled?

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:13 PM
These refs are an absolute joke... Looks like we know who they bet on tonight. 10 fouls for OKC and 1 for Denver. Kevin Durant is a *****. All he can do is flail his arms and get to the line. Refs of course rewarding him every time.

I think its ridiculous when people point out the foul disparity. Maybe OKC is just not fouling? You don't seen Denver complaining about any of the calls because they know they are fouling. Plus Denver is shooting 70% so yeah

nbastatus
04-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Perkins can't stop Nene.

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:14 PM

70% shooting from denver is saving them

Rajondo
04-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Are they getting fouled?

It really looks like touch fouls from the broadcast, annoyingly tight in the first quarter.

H.A.M.
Perkins can't stop Nene.

we'll see in the 4th quarter

1rkrage
who's got the better hair, Harden or birdman?

HB40TheNextStar
04-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Are they getting fouled?

Not all of them were fouls on Denver.

Some should have been called on OKC.

OKC should be leading that category, just not by that much.

SpecialQue
04-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Hardly any posts here. Are people really not watching the most exciting playoffs game?

whoartthou
04-17-2011, 10:17 PM
perkins can't guard players like nene who are skilled and athletic

Rajondo
04-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Jesus, it's either a whistle or a made basket! It's gonna be a high scoring game!

TaLvsCuaL
04-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Denver is playing very well offense, and OKC defense is seriusly faltering.

insidehoops
04-17-2011, 10:19 PM
The Nuggets lead the Thunder 44-34 with 8:35 left in the second quarter

dbronx42
04-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Refs making damn sure they dont let Denver run away from OKC in this game... Thunder are getting every single little call possible, while it's taking someone getting drilled for Denver to get any whistles.

I wonder how good OKC would be if they didn't get to the line at a ridiculously unfair amount of times?

Rajondo
Why was the other thread moved into the Nuggets forum?

MOD RESPONSE: We probably didn't have to do that, but figured we might as well have a separate game thread as we usually would. So, just take it from here!

SinJackal
I heard reports that Lawson was injured and would miss most of the series, so I picked OKC in 6 games.

I think this series could easily go 7, and Denver could potentially win it. Had no idea Lawson was ready to go already. OKC is going to have their hands full in this series, but I think they have what it takes to knock off a legit team with Perkins now. I had very little confidence in them pre-Perkins, but if they've fully adjusted to what Perk brings to the table and utilize him properly, the Thunder are going to look very good.

H.A.M.
who's got the better hair, Harden or birdman?
neither

TaLvsCuaL
I'm surprised the advantage that it has acquired Denver in the first few minutes, these playoffs are still very exciting. :rockon:

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:22 PM
perkins can't guard players like nene who are skilled and athletic
:lol

1rkrage
04-17-2011, 10:22 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217854&page=10

anyway, this Denver team is fun to watch

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Denver is playing very well offense, and OKC defense is seriusly faltering.

are you watching the game? or you just going by the box score. Denver is pretty much hitting everything doesn't matter about the defense at this point.

Scoooter
04-17-2011, 10:25 PM
It's amazing to see how refs can manipulate the momentum of a game. All those touch fouls and chintzy calls in the first quarter forced the Nuggs to ease up on their D, and now the Thunder are hitting their shots.

1rkrage
04-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Westbrook carrying the Thunder :applause:

Rajondo
There is a foul called every minute, this game is going to go an hour over schedule. :oldlol:

H.A.M.
It's amazing to see how refs can manipulate the momentum of a game. All those touch fouls and chintzy calls in the first quarter forced the Nuggs to ease up on their D, and now the Thunder are hitting their shots.

you sir are just a hater. Denver isn't even complaining about the fouls cause they obviously agree. I don't know why you guys decide whats a foul or not when its the refs job not yours.

liquidrage

And all those non-calls of Denver push offs were what?

Exactly. You being a ***** on the interwebs.

KOBEtherealKing
I wish la had that kind of crowd, but hollywood sucks at cheering

HB40TheNextStar
100% shooting from OKC in the 2nd quarter is saving them

Because it has to go both ways.

NuggetsFan
04-17-2011, 10:27 PM
The 1st quarter really hurt the Nuggets. Got the feeling they were going to go on a massive run but KD and co just got to the line.

Need to get Lawson back out there. Maybe an Al for Chandler swap too.

TaLvsCuaL
04-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Thunders now are scoring everything, these series will be the most exciting first round. :rockon:

NuggetsFan
04-17-2011, 10:28 PM
And all those non-calls of Denver push offs were what?

Exactly. You being a ***** on the interwebs.

I think what sums up the 1st quarter is Westbrook getting an AND1 on the exact same play that Birdman got called for a charge.

Thunder's hot shooting is what got them back in it tho. That's all them, nothing with the refs. Just think the refs might have helped them stay closer for abit.

TaLvsCuaL
04-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Nice pass!!

HB40TheNextStar
04-17-2011, 10:30 PM
For a team with so many shooters, Denver doesn't shoot free throws very well.

Not in this game, at least.

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Thunders now are scoring everything, these series will be the most exciting first round. :rockon:

Yeah it would be nice to just discuss basketball instead of these people with their biased comments.

liquidrage
I think what sums up the 1st quarter is Westbrook getting an AND1 on the exact same play that Birdman got called for a charge.

Thunder's hot shooting is what got them back in it tho. That's all them, nothing with the refs. Just think the refs might have helped them stay closer for abit.

No, that's you being a ***** on the interwebs. Two different plays, one a charge one an and1. You just have a homerism that sees them the same. **** off.

Scoooter
you sir are just a hater. Denver isn't even complaining about the fouls cause they obviously agree. I don't know why you guys decide whats a foul or not when its the refs job not yours.
I don't hate anyone. Except Ann Archer.

XSNiper
04-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Gotta make those free throws..

nbastatus
Nuggets need to make these freebies.

H.A.M.

your homerism is getting pretty bad

HB40TheNextStar
I feel like I'm watching a John Calipari team in the Final Four shooting free throws.

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:33 PM
is it OKC fault that Denver is missing free throws now?

Rajondo
Hit Your Damn Free Throws Denver!

nbastatus
is it OKC fault that Denver is missing free throws now?
Yes. Are you blind?

UtahJazzFan88
04-17-2011, 10:34 PM
TNT needs to have Ian Eagle call more games, I like his broadcasts, better than Matt Devlin and Dick Stockton.

XSNiper
04-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Damn, we ever going to play or just keep shooting free throws?

H.A.M.
Yes. Are you blind?
I must be. They must have cast some voodoo spell that I'm not aware of

A.R.T
refs loving the sound of their whistles :facepalm

H.A.M.
Iblockaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

XSNiper
04-17-2011, 10:36 PM
IBlocka lol.

nbastatus
What a block. :eek: :eek:

Scoooter
Ibaka is such a freak. :eek:

HB40TheNextStar
I hope someone took a picture of Ibaka after that block. With the fans screaming in the background and Ibaka screaming, that would be an epic photo.

TaLvsCuaL
Ibaka is a insane athlete.

FashionIssues
dayym!

Rajondo
I'm hearing a whistle every possession in this game, oh me oh my.

GOBB
04-17-2011, 10:37 PM
I hope someone took a picture of Ibaka after that block. With the fans screaming in the background and Ibaka screaming, that would be an epic photo.

Should be a technical, taunting!

*screams* Ahhhhhhhhhh *while pounding chest*

:lol

Scoooter
WTF just happened? Lawson steal.

GOBB
Derrick Rose > Westbrook...that out of control play by Westbrook seals the deal

H.A.M.
16 free throws for each team now

nbastatus
They tried to call a timeout LOL

TaLvsCuaL
04-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Felton + Lawson can be a deadly combo.

Indian guy
This game is EVERYTHING you hoped it would be. Most 'fun' game of the playoffs thus far.

H.A.M.

I always agreed with that. Westbrook is a bit overrated by some Thunder fans and Rose haters

nbastatus
Where's Perkins? Thunder needs this guy to grab the defensive boards.

Christofire
Does this game have a college atmostphere or what?.....Or i am just tweaked after that cfazy celtic victory?.....

Bone Machine
04-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Great game so far. Should the best series of the first round. Go to 7 games plzz. :D

H.A.M.
This game is EVERYTHING you hoped it would be. Most 'fun' game of the playoffs thus far.

Yup and you can expect a bunch of useless threads afterwards to ruin the great game.

Christofire

Watching mMelo bricks all those shots he would usually make was the most fun for me

Scoooter
Case closed forever. :mad:

dee-rose
This is the game I was looking forward to all weekend.:applause:

HB40TheNextStar
04-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Does this game have a college atmostphere or what?.....Or i am just tweaked after that cfazy celtic victory?.....

Absolutely. Even better than GS when they were playing the Mavs in that 8-1 series.

Love the college atmosphere in every sense.

Rajondo

The last couple minutes have eased up nicely, but I wouldn't call this game 'fun' yet. Watching a free throw competition isn't that fun.

Scoooter
OKC fans are some of the best in the game.

H.A.M.
Where's Perkins? Thunder needs this guy to grab the defensive boards.
busy trying to defend nene

liquidrage

Have you ever watched Rose play? They both commit too many TO's. And Rose plays OFF the ball a ton and isn't doing anything but running off screens and shooting. They both make a TON of plays, and a TO isn't a huge deal.

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:41 PM
The last couple minutes have eased up nicely, but I wouldn't call this game 'fun' yet. Watching a free throw competition isn't that fun.
are you saying that cause Rondo can't make a free throw :roll:

TaLvsCuaL
04-17-2011, 10:41 PM
I would love that Denver could keep all their players this summer, I can see this team being incredibly hard to beat with more experience and chemistry.

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Have you ever watched Rose play? They both commit too many TO's. And Rose plays OFF the ball a ton and isn't doing anything but running off screens and shooting. They both make a TON of plays, and a TO isn't a huge deal.

Rose has higher basketball IQ and I don't think you can really argue that.

Scoooter
Kenyon Martin leading the break. Sketchy.

Rajondo
are you saying that cause Rondo can't make a free throw :roll:

Nope.

Rondo is useless at the line though.

HB40TheNextStar
04-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Nene is a beast. My goodness.

ThaSwagg3r
Westbrook is just proving that he is the best player on the court.

H.A.M.
Nope.

Rondo is useless at the line though.
just ****ing with you

Scoooter
Is anyone going to miss a shot tonight?

GOBB
04-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Wilson Chandler can be a chucker. Geeze, f*cking annoying.

Durant gets too many foul calls.

Yeah a turnover isnt a huge deal. :rolleyes:

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:44 PM
lets go thunderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Iblockaaaaaaaaaaaa

XSNiper
04-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Loving this game.

HB40TheNextStar
This series is going to live up the expectations.

TaLvsCuaL
What a game!!!!

nbastatus
This game is fun so far. :pimp: :pimp:

H.A.M.

denver fouls too much

(e)

Love how pumped and into the game they get. Seriously is more of a college atmosphere.

XSNiper
04-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Wow.

liquidrage
Westbrook sucks

H.A.M.
what an end. Hell of a 1st half

EoJ
This game is full of highlights!

Rajondo
What a sequence by OKC!

nbastatus
Westbrook is leading this team!

blacknapalm
when your PG gets trapped, go towards him. geez, this is basic. kenyon martin was backing away :confusedshrug:

Fatal9
Westbrook made that shot but I don't know how he missed the wide open Ibaka.

GOBB
Denver goes thru brain freezes

denver fouls too much

Not even.

bisk
This has got the makings of an epic series tbh

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Westbrook sucks
no one said he sucked.

1rkrage
Westbrook :bowdown:

protox
This will be the best series.

Christofire
Westbrook is a playoff Performer....I love this Kid...my 2nd favorite Pg behind deron Williams....pay homeage to the young gun

NuggetsFan
What a piss off. Felton holds the ball, get's trapped than throws a lazy pass. Good play by Westbrook reading that tho.

AznTacoLover
Great 2nd half for the thunders westbrook exploded.Durant my gosh that was one sexy layup great game so far.

Spue
04-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Nene is a beast

GOBB

OKC fans havent experienced losing seasons, bad mgmt etc etc. Everything is still relatively fresh/new for them.

Christofire
Westbrook :bowdown:
we are nto worthy of this Beast called russell westbrook , the most well rounded PG in the league,
not the best scorer, not the best passer, but he's got it all...guy is simply too beastly

icewill36
04-17-2011, 10:49 PM
amazing game so far..... just... wow

juju151111

ok I am really getting tired of this shit. I don't like Durant either but he getting fouled. I don't understand your logics. If he wad getting phantom fouls then I would agree

Scoooter
OKC fans havent experienced losing seasons, bad mgmt etc etc. Everything is still relatively fresh/new for them.
Lighten up you curmudgeon.

EricGordon23
04-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Awesome game. Nene is a beast!

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:50 PM

aren't you mr negative

or just a Thunder hater

dbronx42
04-17-2011, 10:51 PM
we are nto worthy of this Beast called russell westbrook , the most well rounded PG in the league,
not the best scorer, not the best passer, but he's got it all...guy is simply too beastly

Derrick Rose has everything Westbrook has (plus much more...) Pretty easy when you have Kevin Durant playing on your team. He never faces double teams.

LOL at this comment. Chris Paul and Deron Williams are also far better overall players than Westbrook. Overreaction on the century.

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:51 PM
ok I am really getting tired of this shit. I don't like Durant either but he getting fouled. I don't understand your logics. If he wad getting phantom fouls then I would agree

ignore him. its clear he's a biased donkey. someone said something about OKC fans and he even has something negative to say about that

1rkrage
04-17-2011, 10:52 PM
it's gonna be fun next year with Rose and Westbrook training together. both improved ridiculously this year, i wonder what's going to be next

XSNiper
04-17-2011, 10:53 PM
What the hell is TNT doing lol.

blacknapalm
04-17-2011, 10:53 PM
lol @ this big screen TNT is using..wonder how much they wasted on that. oh and can we go more than 10 posts without mentioning rose or lebron?

OKC needs to defend better and deny more. denver is just passing freely out there. i love gallo's game though. he fights through screens and plays gritty defense. offensively, he's been drawing more fouls and not just settling for 3's. his euro game has translated well and i still see room for improvement.

H.A.M.
04-17-2011, 10:54 PM

lets not go overboard. He's going to make 2 or 3 more plays in the 2nd half that are going to make you go :facepalm .