PDA

View Full Version : Lebron ''quitting''

talkingconch
04-14-2011, 04:19 AM
this isn't a thread to make fun of and/or insult Lebron or Lebron Fans

I don't understand about that game last year against the celtics where Lebron ''quit''. Did he give up as in stopped trying? No effort at all? I watched and just looked like just had a bad night. Am I missing something?

hopefully no trolling or insults

DuMa
04-14-2011, 04:22 AM
its just another thing to knock lebron on, because theres literally nothing else to knock lebron about. this year is the 'quitting' and last year it was 'handshaking'

and for the record, he never quit.

Rysio
04-14-2011, 04:28 AM
its just another thing to knock lebron on, because theres literally nothing else to knock lebron about. this year is the 'quitting' and last year it was 'handshaking'

:oldlol:

bobly
04-14-2011, 04:29 AM

Pretty much this. Celtics were just better than the Cavs.

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Um.... I think it's exaggerated but it definitely was suspicious how he went from a dominant series to suddenly blaming his meltdown on his phantom elbow injury. His efficiency plummeted in the series and he started letting up late in the games starting with game 4 of the series. People could tell the team in general pretty much quit with Lebron leading the charge. The reason he's accused of throwing games is probably because Cleveland looked so dominant and in control the first part of the series then suddenly self detonated.

Here's the basics of what happened.

Cleveland wins game one by I think 8 points. Both teams play okay. Then Boston crushes the Cavs in Cleveland by 18. Then the Cavs return the favor in a big way by demolishing the Celtics at the Garden by 29.. the worst home loss in Celtics playoff history. At that point Cleveland was up 2-1 with all the momentum... and Lebron's mysterious elbow injury supposedly started affecting him a lot more... Mo Williams disappeared... Antawn Jamison disappeared and the Celtics ran away with the series in dominant fashion.

Teanett
04-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Lebron "shitting"

aahahahahahaha!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://admatch-syndication.mochila.com/pimg/APInc/APNewsFeatures/2010/06/01/Cavaliers_LeBron_Larry_King_Inte-37687.thumb.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/653/469/GYI0062852315_crop_450x500.jpg?1292637133
http://adayattheorifice.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/lebron_575.jpg?w=575&h=385

FadeAwayJ13
04-14-2011, 04:34 AM
LeBron was going through some very tough times. His Jacuzzi wasn't bubbling properly and that new towel boy smelled funny. The life of an NBA player is wrought with pain and hardship. It's a long, sad road to travel upon.

JK, clearly the war in Iraq was to blame for his absence of mind.

madmax
04-14-2011, 04:46 AM
It was a well known fact that Lebron had a bruised bone in the elbow since March already and it inflamated in Chicago series already, when dude was forced to take a free throw with his left hand due to all the pain...of course, haters won't mention this little fact, all they care about is spouting nonsense like "quitting", but that's expected from retarded Kome stans really

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 04:52 AM
It was a well known fact that Lebron had a bruised bone in the elbow since March already and it inflamated in Chicago series already, when dude was forced to take a free throw with his left hand due to all the pain...of course, haters won't mention this little fact, all they care about is spouting nonsense like "quitting", but that's expected from retarded Kome stans really

That's bullshit. He can dominate the first part of the series with the same elbow problem with monstrous stat lines.. then suddenly falls off and you think it's only Kobe stans who would suspect him tossing games or quitting? I think he already had his mind made up to go to Miami by then and did somewhat give up. He didn't end his Cavs career with dignity. I was a huge fan and supporter of his who almost never missed a Cavs game.. especially in the playoffs.

Too bad it's Lebron so he's protected by the league because it's clear as day his move to Miami was planned for at least a season maybe more. I wish the tampering case went further to prove this. Inside sources have even said Bosh, Wade and Lebron have been planning this since the USA team.. but I bet you think that's all made up too. I think the circumstances are very suspicious.

bl2k8
04-14-2011, 04:57 AM
explain game 3, didn't the Celtics suffer their worst home playoff loss ever? Didn't Bron drop about 20 in the first quarter:roll:

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 05:06 AM
explain game 3, didn't the Celtics suffer their worst home playoff loss ever? Didn't Bron drop about 20 in the first quarter:roll:

He had like a 38 point triple double in game 3 if I recall. Yes the elbow was affecting him SOOOO much... :confusedshrug:

bobly
04-14-2011, 05:07 AM
That's bullshit. He can dominate the first part of the series with the same elbow problem with monstrous stat lines.. then suddenly falls off and you think it's only Kobe stans who would suspect him tossing games or quitting? I think he already had his mind made up to go to Miami by then and did somewhat give up. He didn't end his Cavs career with dignity. I was a huge fan and supporter of his who almost never missed a Cavs game.. especially in the playoffs.

Too bad it's Lebron so he's protected by the league because it's clear as day his move to Miami was planned for at least a season maybe more. I wish the tampering case went further to prove this. Inside sources have even said Bosh, Wade and Lebron have been planning this since the USA team.. but I bet you think that's all made up too. I think the circumstances are very suspicious.

What does going to Miami have to do with quitting? He probably would've stayed in Cleveland if he won a championship. Even if he didn't want to stay after winning a championship he still could have gone to Miami. The argument that he quit because he wanted to team up with Wade and Bosh is nonsensical hogwash.

Seriously there is nothing in the CBA that says winning a championship means you can't play in Miami after your contract expires.

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 05:18 AM
What does going to Miami have to do with quitting? He probably would've stayed in Cleveland if he won a championship. Even if he didn't want to stay after winning a championship he still could have gone to Miami. The argument that he quit because he wanted to team up with Wade and Bosh is nonsensical hogwash.

Seriously there is nothing in the CBA that says winning a championship means you can't play in Miami after your contract expires.

Lebron's mind clearly wasn't in the 2nd half of the series. You could tell he just wanted it to be over with so he could jump ship to Miami. I knew it from day one that he wasn't returning to Cleveland. Anyone with sense could tell. He was feeding the media what they wanted to hear but his body language for one said otherwise. If you honestly think he would of tanked/quit like he did.. had he planned on staying in Cleveland all along you're crazy man.

Why would he quit on a franchise like that in a VERY important playoff series with so much pressure on his shoulders if he planned on staying?

madmax
04-14-2011, 05:21 AM

there is nothing BS about injuries and yes, they tend to flare up from time to time too. Just because Lebron was putting monster statlines, doesn't mean he wasn't playing through pain ot at least not feeling comfortable out there on the court. Lebron is just so good, that even his average peformances fool people into thinking that he is playing at his best level, when in fact he could be carrying some nagging pain, like it was last year. You wanna tell me all those articles about his bruised bone were made up too and all of his grimacing in the games was an act from himself?:rolleyes: You trully believe that the league would go to such lenghts to conspire all this case just so Lebron could join Heat with his buddies? C'mon now, I know you are not that thick...

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 05:31 AM
there is nothing BS about injuries and yes, they tend to flare up from time to time too. Just because Lebron was putting monster statlines, doesn't mean he wasn't playing through pain ot at least not feeling comfortable out there on the court. Lebron is just so good, that even his average peformances fool people into thinking that he is playing at his best level, when in fact he could be carrying some nagging pain, like it was last year. You wanna tell me all those articles about his bruised bone were made up too and all of his grimacing in the games was an act from himself?:rolleyes: You trully believe that the league would go to such lenghts to conspire all this case just so Lebron could join Heat with his buddies? C'mon now, I know you are not that thick...

It wasn't his actual play alone though. His body language on the court.. was a Lebron we have never seen. He was broken. Didn't look like he cared. He had fully given up. Could it have been Boston legitimately beating him into submission basically? Yes it could have. I still think for the next dominant player him disappearing on his team mentally like that when he was supposed to be leading them was a tragedy in sports. I never saw that from Jordan or any other top players of all time. Hell I haven't even seen that from Kobe. Kobe fights till the final buzzer and that's what Lebron needed to do. He could of lost with more dignity than he did. Walked out of Cleveland with more dignity.

Had he put 100 percent into that Celtics series and left it all on the court.. then flat out told Cleveland that he loves them but liked the opportunity of playing in Miami with Wade.. instead of toying with their minds.. nobody would even have an issue with Lebron right now. They would still say he took the easy path but at least was honest.. and a man about it all.

ashbelly
04-14-2011, 05:52 AM
It wasn't his actual play alone though. His body language on the court.. was a Lebron we have never seen. He was broken. Didn't look like he cared. He had fully given up. Could it have been Boston legitimately beating him into submission basically? Yes it could have. I still think for the next dominant player him disappearing on his team mentally like that when he was supposed to be leading them was a tragedy in sports. I never saw that from Jordan or any other top players of all time. Hell I haven't even seen that from Kobe. Kobe fights till the final buzzer and that's what Lebron needed to do. He could of lost with more dignity than he did. Walked out of Cleveland with more dignity.

Had he put 100 percent into that Celtics series and left it all on the court.. then flat out told Cleveland that he loves them but liked the opportunity of playing in Miami with Wade.. instead of toying with their minds.. nobody would even have an issue with Lebron right now. They would still say he took the easy path but at least was honest.. and a man about it all.

You lost all your credility.. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 05:54 AM
You lost all your credility.. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Mind showing me a game where Kobe completely shutdown mentally during a heated series and flat out looked like he wasn't trying? Even vs Phoenix when the Lakers gave up a 3-1 series lead.. Kobe didn't do this.

nashwade
04-14-2011, 06:08 AM
who the hell busts his a$$ off for 82 games to attain the best record, then QUITS in the playoffs which every other lottery team is dying to get into?

it is just a convenient term that the media coined and fools took and spread it

jbryan1984
04-14-2011, 06:34 AM
I'm as big a Cavs supporter as anyone and no, deep in my soul I do not believe he truly gave up. All I can say is though, that final game, something just was not right and he was not playing like himself. And you could see it in his teammates eyes. Mo was playing like crazy the first half, Shaq was the second half like its win or die but Bron just showed nothing like that. He had a very unlike himself turnover ratio that final game. Varejao chucking three's with over a minute to play, Mike Brown failing to tell the guys to foul after Rondo and T. Allen had just missed free throws. Something happened and the entire team just did not give a shit at the end. Blame it on the Delonte rumors, the supposed Mo/LBJ shoving match at halftime, LBJ "knowing" where he was going, who knows what really happened. We will have to wait for the 30 for 30 episode. Also, around the Cleveland area, I think calling LBJ a quitter is more so now associated with him quitting on the organization and the fans after promising to never quit until he wins them a title.

Heat007
04-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Mind showing me a game where Kobe completely shutdown mentally during a heated series and flat out looked like he wasn't trying?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGoxIvuPtmo

kumquat
04-14-2011, 07:41 AM

That was a HUUUUUGE meltdown by Kobe. Lebron's meltdown was nothing compared to the trash Kobe did in this game.

Heat007
04-14-2011, 08:13 AM
heh

elementally morale
04-14-2011, 08:36 AM
The NBA has players and not superheroes. Shit happens.
Yes, he did quit for whatever reason. Kobe did the same thing a few years ago.

I saw Jordan foul out of a game in like 4 minutes. It was horrible shooting night for him back in 1986 or 87. At one time he started to foul and melted down. He got angry, too. So he fouled out in 4 minutes. (Meaning: from zero fouls to six.) The Bulls lost the game, too.

It just happens to people. They are human, after all.

donald_trump
04-14-2011, 08:46 AM

and if it was... its still not tampering. wanting to play on another team isnt tampering. having your own mind made up to go to another team, whenever it is, one year, three years, five years before your next contract isnt tampering. its making your own choice.

if haters are going to hate have your facts straight at least. :oldlol:

this is what cracks me up the most. the haters hate on him, or say they hate on him for random things where he clearly did nothing wrong.

leaving cleveland - hes a free agent
the decision - so what, we all watched to see what the outcome was and at the time there was no one saying it was bad, by saying how could he do that, its downright hypocritical.

Lucifer
04-14-2011, 08:52 AM

Here's Kobe defending himself for that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjTm2Dl1bTo

That was the season he averaged 27 shots a game and averaged 35.4 points. He toned it down for the Playoffs, because against an offensive team he knew he couldn't beat them by himself.

I swear people on insidehoops.com don't even watch NBA games

dynasty1978
04-14-2011, 08:52 AM
I dont' know about game 6, but he absolutely quit in Game 5. Pretty much anyone (cavs fans and non) who were posting in the game thread agreed.

In that game, there was ZERO aggressiveness on the floor with or without the basketball. Pretty much, the Celts broke his will and he checked out.

Funnyfuka
04-14-2011, 08:55 AM
who gives a **** it was last year... let's see how he does this year with the heat, a decent supporting cast, period. Then maybe, we will be able to tell if he's doing his best to win or not.

2swift4u
04-14-2011, 09:03 AM
yeah right, he lost intentionally and gave up a chance to win a title just because he already knew he was going to join the Miami Heat!!??? sounds very reasonable to me haha.. facepalm :facepalm

Christofire
04-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Realy?....i could've sworn that the dunkers said that they couldnt find anything wrong with the elbow. Also i remember James saying it was his funny bone. There's wasnt a thing wrong with his elbow.

kaiiu
04-14-2011, 09:52 AM
It became obvious he was quitting/ tanking in game 4 when the cavs where down 2 with like 4 minutes to go. He had KG on him and he passed the ball to Varejao for a jumper:rolleyes:

Heat007
04-14-2011, 09:56 AM
That was a HUUUUUGE meltdown by Kobe. Lebron's meltdown was nothing compared to the trash Kobe did in this game.

certainly. it was absolutely pathetic

Christofire
04-14-2011, 09:57 AM
still don't understand the point of Comparing a 5 time champ to a quitter that can't beat a real team in the playoffs.

christian1923
04-14-2011, 10:02 AM
yeahh he quit, watch the games again, at the end of some those games he wasnt even on the screen on some of there last offensive possesions

LBJ 23
04-14-2011, 10:33 AM
He did quit or lets say he didnt play as he should. I remember when he was just passing the ball and then he stood in the corner out of bounds and just watched the Cavs sinking. But the real question is what was the reason for him to act like this? The only sane reason I can think of is Delonte rumour. And if that was the case, I can understand that. Totally unprofessional and childish act from him, but still I can understand that. For someone who loves his mom like he does, who sees his mom as everything in his life and on the other hand Cavs team which were like a family for him. And if one teammate f**** your mom and whole team knows about it except you, and then you find out what happened, you have to release your anger in some way. And Lebron probably felt betrayed by his mom and his team and he released his anger in a completely wrong way. Unprofessional, stupid and childish act from him, but circumstances given, I can understand that.

Christofire
04-14-2011, 10:39 AM
He did quit or lets say he didnt play as he should. I remember when he was just passing the ball and then he stood in the corner out of bounds and just watched the Cavs sinking. But the real question is what was the reason for him to act like this? The only sane reason I can think of is Delonte rumour. And if that was the case, I can understand that. Totally unprofessional and childish act from him, but still I can understand that. For someone who loves his mom like he does, who sees his mom as everything in his life and on the other hand Cavs team which were like a family for him. And if one teammate f**** your mom and whole team knows about it except you, and then you find out what happened, you have to release your anger in some way. And Lebron probably felt betrayed by his mom and his team and he released his anger in a completely wrong way. Unprofessional, stupid and childish act from him, but circumstances given, I can understand that.

The answer?...No heart, no guts, no balls. He can't deliver against a real team, because he isn't built that way. james is a front runner

Funnyfuka
to be honnest lebron's mom seems to be a bit ****ed up in the head... All the stories with his fahter, mother, and with delonte ****ing her are quite ****ed up as a whole.

jlip
If you hear and read people say that he "quit" enough times then you'll believe it.

redbull
04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Boston was just better, they just turned it up as soon as the first round started last year. I remember watching game one of this series, even though Cleveland won I knew Boston was going to take the series. The quitting thing was blown out of proportion IMO, big whoop. Not dissing Kobe here but in the past he has looked miserable in elimination games but today does anybody doubt him. Nobody who should. One day Lebron will be there.

jlip
04-14-2011, 10:51 AM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173840

Christofire
04-14-2011, 10:55 AM
If you hear and read people say that he "quit" enough times then you'll believe it.
if you watched and saw him clearly quitting then you would not dispute it.

Pointguard
04-14-2011, 10:57 AM

I don't understand about that game last year against the celtics where Lebron ''quit''. Did he give up as in stopped trying? No effort at all? I watched and just looked like just had a bad night. Am I missing something?

He did have great playoff numbers 27 points 19 rebounds and 10 assist against one of the best defenses in that game. In the modern era maybe one or two guys, outside of Lebron could have a game like that. If people are talking about the other game then it was just a bad game. His spirit wasn't in the game and he might have had a lot on his mind.

Neither he or Kobe are quitters but they are subject to distractions.

ILLsmak
04-14-2011, 10:58 AM

I thought he quit, too, but then I realized LeBron really is mentally weak. I mean, he did quit... but it wasn't because he quit on his team. It was because he couldn't win.

You see what I mean? He didn't throw the game like I thought at the time, he actually cracked in a way you rarely see a superstar do.

How do I know this? Because he's done it this year at times.

-Smak

vitamink420
04-14-2011, 11:05 AM
It certainly looked like Lebron and his team had given up in the last game in the series. Minute left, down by single digits, and they were all just standing around. I could tell something was up with Bron's jersey toss at the end, too

jlip
04-14-2011, 11:07 AM
if you watched and saw him clearly quitting then you would not dispute it.

I actually watched the entire series. The difference between myself and some other fans is that I am not preoccupied with Kobe vs. Lebron arguments. I'm not a die hard fan of either player and am not ready to accept the most negative criticism of the player that I don't prefer. Lebron had a historically horrible game. Did he play as hard as I've seen him in other games? No. Did he quit? No. As a matter of fact he actually was more aggressive during the early part of the 4th quarter than he was during the majority of the game, and it was already a double digit deficit. What's also so funny about how this is so hyperbolized beyond reason is that this very game 5 is almost invariably described as "the most important game of his career." Yes game 5's can be pivotal moments, but since when has a non elimination game ever been "the most important game" of anyone's career?

Christofire
04-14-2011, 11:26 AM
I actually watched the entire series. The difference between myself and some other fans is that I am not preoccupied with Kobe vs. Lebron arguments. I'm not a die hard fan of either player and am not ready to accept the most negative criticism of the player that I don't prefer. Lebron had a historically horrible game. Did he play as hard as I've seen him in other games? No. Did he quit? No. As a matter of fact he actually was more aggressive during the early part of the 4th quarter than he was during the majority of the game, and it was already a double digit deficit. What's also so funny about how this is so hyperbolized beyond reason is that this very game 5 is almost invariably described as "the most important game of his career." Yes game 5's can be pivotal moments, but since when has a non elimination game ever been "the most important game" of anyone's career?
yeah yeah...he quit!

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-14-2011, 11:30 AM
I watched the game and it was clear as day he QUIT. No different then Kobe quitting the second half of Game 7 though.

50inchvertical
04-14-2011, 11:54 AM
How many other players can put up near historic level stats and still be accused of quitting? Many people think he quit in the game when he had the triple double (and also 10 tos) too.

What is everybody else on the team's excuse though?

And of course, if he's so terrible and such a quitter, why did you try so hard to get him back then react so vehemently when he didn't come?

Christofire
04-14-2011, 11:56 AM
How many other players can put up near historic level stats and still be accused of quitting? Many people think he quit in the game when he had the triple double (and also 10 tos) too.

What is everybody else on the team's excuse though?

And of course, if he's so terrible and such a quitter, why did you try so hard to get him back then react so vehemently when he didn't come?

the ones that actually quit

kaiiu
04-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Lol at these stat hoe witnesses. Anyone who watched admitted something was fishy

ZenMaster
04-14-2011, 12:18 PM
He found out Delonte West was screwing his mom before the game and that a lot of people knew about it. So he quit on his teammates, fairly so.

madmax
04-14-2011, 12:19 PM
the ones that actually quit

do you have any other word in your vocabulary than "quit" anyway? Seems to me that you are very quick to apply double standards when it comes to different players...how would you describe your beloved Kome's behaviour in a Game 7 against Suns then?:lol Did he just "resign" to his fate or what?

Christofire
04-14-2011, 01:12 PM
do you have any other word in your vocabulary than "quit" anyway? Seems to me that you are very quick to apply double standards when it comes to different players...how would you describe your beloved Kome's behaviour in a Game 7 against Suns then?:lol Did he just "resign" to his fate or what?
nope... there's Quitting, and Quitter as well

crisoner
04-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I would not say LeBron quit...dude was defeated and he knew it.
I think LeBron felt bad straight up. He knew the Celtics had a better TEAM (keyword). That is the way I see it. You saw it in his body language and face.
And he knew he promise Cleveland a title...he had all the weight on his shoulders and it crushed him. This lead him to going to Miami to play with Wade. He saw the Celtics as an all star team and he wanted to top that plain and simple. So getting back to the word quit...no. LeBron gave it his all and it just was not enough. LeBron was DEFEATED.

KevinNYC
04-14-2011, 01:30 PM
He found out Delonte West was screwing his mom before the game and that a lot of people knew about it. So he quit on his teammates, fairly so.

You know that this urban rumor of somebody screwing some teammate's wife or girlfriend long predates last year, right?

I don't know if this rumor was spreading during the playoffs and Lebron heard about it, but it definitely took off afterward as the supposed explanation for them losing the series.

caliman
04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I would not say LeBron quit...dude was defeated and he knew it.
I think LeBron felt bad straight up. He knew the Celtics had a better TEAM (keyword). That is the way I see it. You saw it in his body language and face.
And he knew he promise Cleveland a title...he had all the weight on his shoulders and it crushed him. This lead him to going to Miami to play with Wade. He saw the Celtics as an all star team and he wanted to top that plain and simple. So getting back to the word quit...no. LeBron gave it his all and it just was not enough. LeBron was DEFEATED.

When did he become resigned to this fate? It certainly couldn't have been after Cleveland curb stomped Boston by 29 in Game 3.

It was plain as day that he quit. He spent possessions at a time camped out in the corner in Game 5. Not moving without the ball seemingly disinterested, disengaged or whatever adjective you want to use. It was much that way for Game 6 until he decided to turn it on in the 4th quarter.

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 01:44 PM
I watched the game and it was clear as day he QUIT. No different then Kobe quitting the second half of Game 7 though.

Except his team was up 2-1 while Kobe's team overachieved and was getting blown out. Yeah.

kaiiu
04-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I also laugh at the ppl saying he felt " defeated " like he couldn't beat them. The cavs had a 2-1 lead in that series and had just shitted on the Cs by 30 points. A apologest is wat they r

Shepseskaf
04-14-2011, 02:04 PM
You know that this urban rumor of somebody screwing some teammate's wife or girlfriend long predates last year, right?

I don't know if this rumor was spreading during the playoffs and Lebron heard about it, but it definitely took off afterward as the supposed explanation for them losing the series.
It wasn't a rumor. Calvin Murphy confirmed it, and Delonte has all but admitted it. It happened, and according to reports LeBron didn't know about it until before Game 5.

If things really went down that way, and no one has really refuted that they did, can you blame him for acting the way he did? I don't.

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Except his team was up 2-1 while Kobe's team overachieved and was getting blown out. Yeah.

Yup.. pretty big difference. Quitting or looking broken during a blowout... a bit different than quitting on your team when you have all the control and momentum of a series and you were previously crushing. Everyone in the league would act the way Kobe did in those circumstances.. of course nobody here wants to hold Lebron accountable though.

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Call me biased or what have you ... but there is a serious difference in context and source as to why Kobe quit then to why LeBron quit. And Kobe's is much more understandable when justified. LeBron just flat out quit. Kobe did drop 23 points in the 1st half of that game 7 for those that don't remember. And was absolutely on fire.

ronniec
04-14-2011, 03:00 PM

Cut that injury crap please.

If the "injury" was so serious and affected him so much in the playoff, then did you hear anything about the rehab and therapy after the playoff??

He was totally "cured" after putting on Miami's jersey.

He is just a loser, a quitter and a liar.

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 03:06 PM
He is just a loser, a quitter and a liar.
Yea, that elbow injury was def. over blown. It certainly didn't require any kind of surgery, etc. He played fine with it when he felt like it (21 pt 1st quarter against Boston) ...

LeBron just knew the Cavs couldn't beat the Celtics. Pretty sure, both Wade and LeBron knew for quite a few years in advance they were going to do this. So LeBron was like ... eff it, I will be back next year with the talent I want to be surrounded bye. He listened to offers in the off season to help stroke his fragile ego, and re-affirm what he feels about himself. Notice Chicago probably would have been the best place for him to win, and show his abilities, but Rose unlike Wade / Bosh / Amare wasn't stroking him and his ego off (Wade, either) in an effort to get them on his team.

Rose wanted to be the guy, thats why he campaigned for Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer. Players who would compliment him, but couldn't out shine him as a player and the work he has put in at all. Imagine this Bulls team with Joe Johnson at the SG spot, Thibs getting him to play defense. Bulls IMO would be a lock to be Finals bound.

KevinNYC
04-14-2011, 03:13 PM
It wasn't a rumor. Calvin Murphy confirmed it, and Delonte has all but admitted it. It happened, and according to reports LeBron didn't know about it until before Game 5.

If things really went down that way, and no one has really refuted that they did, can you blame him for acting the way he did? I don't.

Um, how would Calvin Murphy know? Did he confirm it? Or did he just confirm he heard the same rumor.

It was popularized through a chain email like the ones that say, my uncle works for the governor of Hawaii and he's seen the documents that proofs Obama was not born in America. Now Donald Trump is blathering about issue too and he has no more credibility than Calvin Murphy.

One website published it as fact and they recieved a cease and desist letter (http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0517_gloria_james.pdf)from Lebron's lawyer. That website claims they never said it was true

[QUOTE]LeBron

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Call me biased or what have you ... but there is a serious difference in context and source as to why Kobe quit then to why LeBron quit. And Kobe's is much more understandable when justified. LeBron just flat out quit. Kobe did drop 23 points in the 1st half of that game 7 for those that don't remember. And was absolutely on fire.

Only these HEAT fans wouldn't be able to see the difference of a guy letting up when you blew a series.. lost all momentum and were getting blown out... vs a guy who was dominating a series and his team had full control and was involved in a close game when he let up. I don't think you're being bias at all.

Papaya Petee
04-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I guess, but most people do it to. Lets use a slightly dumb example so maybe people would understand.

You're playing at the park, and you start losing 18-5 and the game is to 21, how many of you keep playing hard and how many of you just let it go? LeBron felt the same way. He got hot for the first 3 games, and in games 4-5 he struggled and at game 6 he quit. It's as simple as that, he is a human not a robot, and he just let everything go.

Plus, if your friend was ****ing your mom how would you feel?

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Yea, that elbow injury was def. over blown. It certainly didn't require any kind of surgery, etc. He played fine with it when he felt like it (21 pt 1st quarter against Boston) ...

LeBron just knew the Cavs couldn't beat the Celtics. Pretty sure, both Wade and LeBron knew for quite a few years in advance they were going to do this. So LeBron was like ... eff it, I will be back next year with the talent I want to be surrounded bye. He listened to offers in the off season to help stroke his fragile ego, and re-affirm what he feels about himself. Notice Chicago probably would have been the best place for him to win, and show his abilities, but Rose unlike Wade / Bosh / Amare wasn't stroking him and his ego off (Wade, either) in an effort to get them on his team.

Rose wanted to be the guy, thats why he campaigned for Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer. Players who would compliment him, but couldn't out shine him as a player and the work he has put in at all. Imagine this Bulls team with Joe Johnson at the SG spot, Thibs getting him to play defense. Bulls IMO would be a lock to be Finals bound.

Agree 100 percent. Rose is in that champion mold. A guy who WANTS to be the guy who leads a franchise to glory. Wants to be THE MAN when the game is on the line. He doesn't talk a lot.. but you can tell he relishes in the pressure. Lebron folds under pressure.

I honestly have 0 doubt in my mind Rose would be extremely loyal to Chicago and will be a Bull for his entire career. Even if you guys didn't grab Boozer. I don't think Rose would be the type to join up with 2 other alpha males to try to win a ring.

Dengness9
04-14-2011, 03:17 PM

:applause:

Bravo.

I use to like Lebron cuz I thought he was a true competitor and wanted to be the Man. This summer proved to me he is not comfortable without another superstar next to him who is basically just as good as he is.

He runs away when the situation gets tough, and he went to Miami knowing that Wade would be able to bail him out when he needs it.

Pathetic.

Rose wants to be the man and will be the man for awhile. Rose's MVP season is the first sign of proof.

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I guess, but most people do it to. Lets use a slightly dumb example so maybe people would understand.

You're playing at the park, and you start losing 18-5 and the game is to 21, how many of you keep playing hard and how many of you just let it go? LeBron felt the same way. He got hot for the first 3 games, and in games 4-5 he struggled and at game 6 he quit. It's as simple as that, he is a human not a robot, and he just let everything go.

No disrespect but you're really using Gloria and Delonte as an excuse now dude?? :facepalm . Please tell me you're kidding.

CLE[216]
04-14-2011, 03:21 PM

It was an NBA playoff series, not a playground pick-up game. He's getting paid millions to compete, yet he quit, plain and simple. Even Barkley called him out that night.

elementally morale

In case it was consensual, I wouldn't give a fu(k.

KevinNYC
15 years ago there was a rumor that a player on North Carolina was sleeping with the coach's wife. Duke fans were very gleeful in spreading it.

Fatal9
04-14-2011, 03:22 PM
LeBron definitely quit in fourth quarter of game 4 and all of game 5. The way he played made no sense.

Papaya Petee
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM
No disrespect but you're really using Gloria and Delonte as an excuse now dude?? :facepalm . Please tell me you're kidding.
No not at all I even said he quit, but finding out that you're teammate is ****ing your mom definitly was one of the reasons for the mental breakdown.

Dengness9
04-14-2011, 03:26 PM

:facepalm

damn son, you'll say or makeup anything to defend Lebron right now. You sound ridiculous.

Atleast you're not quite on Heat007, purplecurtains, ashbelly, or Lebron23 levels..... Yet.

Clippersfan86
LeBron definitely quit in fourth quarter of game 4 and all of game 5. The way he played made no sense.

Exactly... some DUMB not Lebron like plays. I remember some fumbled catches leading to turnovers... and I was thinking man... Lebron NEVER does this. Not even rookie Lebron did. It looked blatant.

Samurai Swoosh
Only these HEAT fans wouldn't be able to see the difference of a guy letting up when you blew a series.. lost all momentum and were getting blown out... vs a guy who was dominating a series and his team had full control and was involved in a close game when he let up. I don't think you're being bias at all.
I will only explain it to these clowns one last time.

There is a legit and comendable rationale to why Kobe quit as opposed to LeBron. One I can respect from Kobe's p.o.v. as opposed to that of LeBron's.

Here is the difference. The Lakers were up 3 games to 1 on the #2 seed as the #7. They were supposed to lose the series regardless.

Game 5, Kobe had been playing decoy all series long. Using his dramatic scoring punch (which he dropped multiple 40 and 50 point games on PHX in the regular season that year) as a way to free up his teammates and take the Suns by suprise playing team ball.

Until that point, it worked. Suns were caught with their pants down. Thinking Kobe was going to come out the games gunning, instead Kobe played the Nash role and got EVERYONE (of significantly less talent, btw) to play team ball and play well.

By game 5 things came back down to reality, as they always do in a best of series. And the Lakers couldn't keep that pace up because their strategy had been found out. Lakers lost game 5.

Come game 6 things are going the exact same way. Lakers can close it out at home, and Kobe's supporting cast is playing horrific. Kobe in an effort to close out the series by himself goes BONKERS.

Seriously watch ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW-ejPA-Fdc

He tried to make up for his teammates lack of skill, aggressiveness and the old Kobe who doesn't trust his teammates came out and tried to win it himself. And almost did so in the process.

Game 7, the trend continued. Kobe had totally lost trust in his supporting cast. 2 games in a row to close out the series they were up 3 - 1 in ... one of those games being at home and his COMPETITIVENESS came out in game 7.

23 1st half points in a game 7.

At half time PJ told him to go back to fascilitating and getting others involved. Kobe knew this wouldn't work, his teammates didn't have the talent, will, bball IQ, or flat out ability to get it done. Kobe was in ULTRA COMPTEITIVE and ULTRA CONTROL mode trying to get it done himself. And was keeping it fairly close by absolutely busting Raja Bell's ass in that first half.

So because Kobe was so competitive, and knowning he couldn't win in the 2nd half based off what PJ wanted the team to get back to ... he was giving Phil and the world a "f u ck you" by saying ... you want me to fascilitate to these clowns? Watch what happens. And the Lakers got their ass kicked.

Was it wrong? Of course. Could Kobe still have been aggressive trying to create for others? Sure. But by that point it still wasn't going to work. They needed to let Kobe do his thing and win it for them.

Kobe quit because he was so competitive and because he was so upset he couldn't go out there and win it himself when his teammates wasn't showing up.

LeBron? LeBron knew his teammates couldn't beat Boston (and Orlando the previous year) ... so he completely gave in all together. No ounce of competitive fire to even try to do it himself.

Kobe? He gave you 50 in game 6, with TONS of HUGE clutch shots. And 23 1st half points in game 7. Until Phil Jackson told him to stop.

HUGE difference.

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
No not at all I even said he quit, but finding out that you're teammate is ****ing your mom definitly was one of the reasons for the mental breakdown.

Well then his mom going to jail or getting busted for possession should be causing losing streaks for you guys this season right? It's not like his mom is dying of cancer or anything man. His teammate fu**ed his mom consensually. Not some mind shattering thing.

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I will only explain it to these clowns one last time.

There is a legit and comendable rationale to why Kobe quit as opposed to LeBron. One I can respect from Kobe's p.o.v. as opposed to that of LeBron's.

Here is the difference. The Lakers were up 3 games to 1 on the #2 seed as the #7. They were supposed to lose the series regardless.

Game 5, Kobe had been playing decoy all series long. Using his dramatic scoring punch (which he dropped multiple 40 and 50 point games on PHX in the regular season that year) as a way to free up his teammates and take the Suns by suprise playing team ball.

Until that point, it worked. Suns were caught with their pants down. Thinking Kobe was going to come out the games gunning, instead Kobe played the Nash role and got EVERYONE (of significantly less talent, btw) to play team ball and play well.

By game 5 things came back down to reality, as they always do in a best of series. And the Lakers couldn't keep that pace up because their strategy had been found out. Lakers lost game 5.

Come game 6 things are going the exact same way. Lakers can close it out at home, and Kobe's supporting cast is playing horrific. Kobe in an effort to close out the series by himself goes BONKERS.

Seriously watch ...

He tried to make up for his teammates lack of skill, aggressiveness and the old Kobe who doesn't trust his teammates came out and tried to win it himself. And almost did so in the process.

Game 7, the trend continued. Kobe had totally lost trust in his supporting cast. 2 games in a row to close out the series they were up 3 - 1 in ... one of those games being at home and his COMPETITIVENESS came out in game 7.

23 1st half points in a game 7.

At half time PJ told him to go back to fascilitating and getting others involved. Kobe knew this wouldn't work, his teammates didn't have the talent, will, bball IQ, or flat out ability to get it done. Kobe was in ULTRA COMPTEITIVE and ULTRA CONTROL mode trying to get it done himself. And was keeping it fairly close by absolutely busting Raja Bell's ass in that first half.

So because Kobe was so competitive, and knowning he couldn't win in the 2nd half based off what PJ wanted the team to get back to ... he was giving Phil and the world a "f u ck you" by saying ... you want me to fascilitate to these clowns? Watch what happens. And the Lakers got their ass kicked.

Was it wrong? Of course. Could Kobe still have been aggressive trying to create for others? Sure. But by that point it still wasn't going to work. They needed to let Kobe do his thing and win it for them.

Kobe quit because he was so competitive and because he was so upset he couldn't go out there and win it himself when his teammates wasn't showing up.

LeBron? LeBron knew his teammates couldn't beat Boston (and Orlando the previous year) ... so he completely gave in all together. No ounce of competitive fire to even try to do it himself.

Kobe? He gave you 50 in game 6, with TONS of HUGE clutch shots. And 23 1st half points in game 7. Until Phil Jackson told him to stop.

HUGE difference.

:bowdown: :bowdown: I am not worthy. Incredibly detailed and all around great post! You are Eminem rapping "Nail in the coffin". You actually made me remember a lot! I do remember Phil telling Kobe to back off and he did it just to prove a point... and the Lakers got absolutely creamed. Kobe absolutely DID NOT quit in this series... he simply finally gave into coaches demands and wanted to prove a point. If Phil had given Kobe the green light... he would of dropped 50 every game probably.

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Samurai Swoosh cannot be serious right now. Kobe, the same Kobe that scored 81 points in a game, outscored the Mavs by himself through three quarters but he quit because he felt he couldn't outscore the suns? Or because of what Phil said? Why didnt Kobe stop shooting in 04 then? Kobe was wrong for that second half in game 7, I remember being disgusted watching it live.

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Two things really stand out in that video:

1) Kobe has clearly lost 2 or 3 steps. We all knew it, but you almost forget how athletic certain players used to be after some time. You adjust to their new style of play.

2) His ball handling has seriously deteriorated since breaking those fingers.

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Agree 100 percent. Rose is in that champion mold. A guy who WANTS to be the guy who leads a franchise to glory. Wants to be THE MAN when the game is on the line. He doesn't talk a lot.. but you can tell he relishes in the pressure. Lebron folds under pressure.

I honestly have 0 doubt in my mind Rose would be extremely loyal to Chicago and will be a Bull for his entire career. Even if you guys didn't grab Boozer. I don't think Rose would be the type to join up with 2 other alpha males to try to win a ring.
Exactly, my dude.

Rose wanted to be the guy. "Momma there goes that man" guy. That's why he didn't suck Wade and James off trying to get them here. He knew the work he put in that off season. He's from Chicago. He had the heart to say this is my city, my team. Why should I defer to someone who just comes here via free agency?

LeBron isn't that guy. LeBron didn't even want to realize every kid with a balls dream of winning for and wearing your HOMETOWN PRO SPORTS TEAM's jersey.

Rose is the exact opposite. He relishes being CHICAGO.

And I mean it speaks a lot to the balls and will this kid has. A lot of people have shyed away from Chicago because of the Jordan legend. Only players who I have seen be willing to take it on were Bryant and Rose.

I mean think about it. If you're tough mentally, it works more for you than against you. And I respect and admire Rose for taking on the challenge.

Take on the challenge of making me forget who Michael Jordan is. Take on that challenge, and even if you do 1/4 of what MJ did ... you failed to live up to god in sneakers. Not THAT bad. And surely you will be a success compaired to the rest of your peers in the process.

Nash
04-14-2011, 03:44 PM
He was DEFEATED, plain and simple. Why would a player who everybody is asking him when he's gettin that ring and where everything revolves around him getting a ring, now why would he quit? What would he gain out of quitting? You think he likes losing?You think he likes not having a ring? You guys think he likes not winning a championship? You guys think he just plays all those months and train all those days and hours just so he all of a sudden can quit without any reason?

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Exactly, my dude.

Rose wanted to be the guy. "Momma there goes that man" guy. That's why he didn't suck Wade and James off trying to get them here. He knew the work he put in that off season. He's from Chicago. He had the heart to say this is my city, my team. Why should I defer to someone who just comes here via free agency?

LeBron isn't that guy. LeBron didn't even want to realize every kid with a balls dream of winning for and wearing your HOMETOWN PRO SPORTS TEAM's jersey.

Rose is the exact opposite. He relishes being CHICAGO.

And I mean it speaks a lot to the balls and will this kid has. A lot of people have shyed away from Chicago because of the Jordan legend. Only players who I have seen be willing to take it on were Bryant and Rose.

I mean think about it. If you're tough mentally, it works more for you than against you. And I respect and admire Rose for taking on the challenge.

Take on the challenge of making me forget who Michael Jordan is. Take on that challenge, and even if you do 1/4 of what MJ did ... you failed to live up to god in sneakers. Not THAT bad. And surely you will be a success compaired to the rest of your peers in the process.

If Lebron wanted to save his reputation he would of went to the Clippers to be honest or even the Bulls. Why? Because before this season... nobody expected Rose to be an MVP worthy player so he wouldn't of exactly been joining up with another top 5 player (at least that the rest of the league would have known). It would of been more like wow Lebron went there to be the man but Rose emerged as the guy. Thing is Lebron didn't want the pressure of Chicago.

As for the Clippers.. our biggest hole right now is SF. Could you imagine Eric Gordon, Lebron James and Blake Griffin in the same lineup? He wouldn't of been criticized because nobody knew how good Blake would be.. and we needed a franchise savior. Both of these would of been a case of taking a tougher path. Joining up with the 2nd or 3rd best player in the game and another top 10 player in the game proved he didn't want to be the man.

B
04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Good post by Samurai Swoosh. I disagree with one thing, I never felt Kobe was saying FU to Phil, I think there was more collusion there between the two. "This team isn't going to get better unless we lose" type of thinking. they knew they were not going further than the second round and they knew if they won that series it would only reinforce the front office position that the team was close to being a contender and only needed a couple tweaks, when it was clear the team needed more than minor tweaking

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Samurai Swoosh cannot be serious right now. Kobe, the same Kobe that scored 81 points in a game, outscored the Mavs by himself through three quarters but he quit because he felt he couldn't outscore the suns? Or because of what Phil said? Why didnt Kobe stop shooting in 04 then? Kobe was wrong for that second half in game 7, I remember being disgusted watching it live.
You clearly didn't read the post. Or understand it. He quit because he wasn't being allowed to go out there and win it himself, in super **** control mode that Kobe Bryant is known for behind the scenes.

Phil told him to get back to team basketball at half time of game 7. Kobe pouted because of it yes. But it's because he is so competitive and he knew the game plan had no chance of winning. Coach was wrong in this instance, and he didn't trust his teammates, and he had the hot hand.

Why not ride out the man who out scored an entire team through 3 quarters (2nd best team in 2006) ... and scored 81 points in a regulation game. Why not let the Mamba go out there spew his venom and try and win it himself?

Getting everyone involved worked to winning 3 games and catching the Suns off guard with that style of play. But the Lakers didn't have the talent or roster to finish them off. They needed to let Kobe stick the dagger in them. And Jackson second guessed it, and told him to get back to playing the decoy as he did the first 5 games of the series.

pegasus
04-14-2011, 03:51 PM
He did quit. Anybody who watched the games could see the difference in his play. It was a shame, because he gets paid millions of dollars to play basketball, and his team and fans were expecting him to give his 100 percent.

What disgusted me even more than his play, was how he was able to find a way to pad his stats and get a triple double in game 6. He KNEW that it was something that he and his stat-worshipers could use to prove that he did actually give his all.

I know some of you will say "you can't call him a quitter, and then bash him for his triple-double", and my only answer would be "go watch the game again".

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 03:52 PM
You clearly didn't read the post. Or understand it. He quit because he wasn't being allowed to go out there and win it himself, in super **** control mode that Kobe Bryant is known for behind the scenes.

Phil told him to get back to team basketball at half time of game 7. Kobe pouted because of it yes. But it's because he is so competitive and he knew the game plan had no chance of winning. Coach was wrong in this instance, and he didn't trust his teammates, and he had the hot hand.

Why not ride out the man who out scored an entire team through 3 quarters (2nd best team in 2006) ... and scored 81 points in a regulation game. Why not let the Mamba go out there spew his venom and try and win it himself?

Getting everyone involved worked to winning 3 games and catching the Suns off guard with that style of play. But the Lakers didn't have the talent or roster to finish them off. They needed to let Kobe stick the dagger in them. And Jackson second guessed it, and told him to get back to playing the decoy as he did the first 5 games of the series.

My point was that Kobe has chose to NOT listen to Phil before (2004 Finals) and now all of sudden he's this super boy scout trying to get all his badges when his team is down by twenty? If he wanted to win, he should have kept shooting, plain and simple. That was his time to take over and he ran away under the guise of "phil said so" and then had the nerve to defend himself vehemently on cable TV.

No coach has to tell their superstar its time to take it into your own hands. The traffic light gets thrown out the window when you are about to be eliminated if you cannot score.

JohnnySic
04-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Lost in all the "quit" stuff is that fact that the Cvas weren't as good as advertised/hoped, and the Celtics were clearly the superior team.

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 03:54 PM
1) Kobe has clearly lost 2 or 3 steps. We all knew it, but you almost forget how athletic certain players used to be after some time. You adjust to their new style of play.
I know ... well that season was HALF A DECADE ago already.

Kind of scary to think about, haha

Look how he gets into the lane at will.

But its also a testement to how great Kobe still is ... lost all that and stipp a top five - six player in the game?

2) His ball handling has seriously deteriorated since breaking those fingers.
Most alarming thing I noticed. I mean he can still handle the ball, but not near as tight of a handle as he had up until about 2008 when he first started sustaining these really damaging injuries to multiple fingers.

madmax
04-14-2011, 03:55 PM
He was DEFEATED, plain and simple. Why would a player who everybody is asking him when he's gettin that ring and where everything revolves around him getting a ring, now why would he quit? What would he gain out of quitting? You think he likes losing?You think he likes not having a ring? You guys think he likes not winning a championship? You guys think he just plays all those months and train all those days and hours just so he all of a sudden can quit without any reason?
:applause:
Reading the posts of those hypocritical Lebron hating tools almost makes me laugh of their stupidity...so now they are justifying Kobrick Cryant for blowing 3-1 series lead against inferior to Celtics team like Suns, yet Lebron gets slammed for his teammates shortcomings against a all-arround better team. So I must ask then - why the double standards and why to make one guy villain and mystify the other and make excuses for him? Shouldn't we judge all players using the same criteria? This is what makes me scratch my head on these boards - the uncanny ability to nitpick everything Lebron does and blow it out of proportions. Seems like a guy can't put his foot right sometimes without some crazed hater calling him out for it:facepalm

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
My point was that Kobe has chose to NOT listen to Phil before (2004 Finals) and now all of sudden he's this super boy scout trying to get all his badges when his team is down by twenty? If he wanted to win, he should have kept shooting, plain and simple. That was his time to take over and he ran away under the guise of "phil said so" and then had the nerve to defend himself vehemently on cable TV.
Dude he was pouting ... thats what I said. But the reasoning for it is completely different than to why LeBron quit.

But you refuse to even conceit that because Kobe banged your sister, and LeBron is your hero?

Uhhh, ok?

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Lost in all the "quit" stuff is that fact that the Cvas weren't as good as advertised/hoped, and the Celtics were clearly the superior team.
But the Cavs were technically the favorite. And had a better record. The Lakers were straight up vastly inferior to the Suns. But ... Kobe quit?

crisoner
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM

THIS

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Dude he was pouting ... thats what I said. But the reasoning for it is completely different than to why LeBron quit.

But you refuse to even conceit that because Kobe banged your sister, and LeBron is your hero?

Uhhh, ok?

Lebron is not my hero, I like him though.

I think if anything, they both quit but Kobe's was worse. It was an elimination game and he became the biggest cry baby in the second half....I just cant fathom why such an all time scorer with a history of not listening to his coach would become the world's biggest b*tch for a whole half and be sent home after losing by 31. I was a huge Kobe fan up until that game and then I just couldn't take him seriously for a while.

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 04:00 PM
I know ... well that season was HALF A DECADE ago already.

Kind of scary to think about, haha

Look how he gets into the lane at will.

But its also a testement to how great Kobe still is ... lost all that and stipp a top five - six player in the game?

Most alarming thing I noticed. I mean he can still handle the ball, but not near as tight of a handle as he had up until about 2008 when he first started sustaining these really damaging injuries to multiple fingers.

I'm convinced he would drive into the paint more often and pull up for jump shots but his fingers don't allow for it on a regular basis anymore. He occasionally tries those moves and whenever he does the ball slips out. Anyone who says those injuries haven't affected his play don't know basketball.

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I think if anything, they both quit but Kobe's was worse. It was an elimination game
LeBron's were in elimination games as well, dumb ass

And it happened for LeBron in multiple games, two seasons in a row.

As you were saying with you relentless Kobe hating ass ...

Rysio
04-14-2011, 04:03 PM
that was embarrassing, cavs had the #1 seed and he quit in a game 5 @ home from start to finish. didn't score his first basket till late 3rd qtr. :oldlol:

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 04:03 PM

Game 5 wasn't an elimination game and I dont remember anyone saying he quit against Orlando the year before.....

Rysio
04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Lebron is not my hero, I like him though.

I think if anything, they both quit but Kobe's was worse. It was an elimination game and he became the biggest cry baby in the second half....I just cant fathom why such an all time scorer with a history of not listening to his coach would become the world's biggest b*tch for a whole half and be sent home after losing by 31. I was a huge Kobe fan up until that game and then I just couldn't take him seriously for a while.
only lebron stans :roll:

crisoner
04-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Wow now the agenda turn in to guess what...Kobe against the Suns.
Kobe lead a team with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown as starters to the playoffs as the 8th seed and almost upset probably the best Suns team of all time. But no.....he quit.

Oh gawd....:facepalm

Nash

Either both of them quit or none of them quit. You can't just go find stupid and unreasonable reasons to justify for one guy but not for the other.

Samurai Swoosh
Game 5 wasn't an elimination game and I dont remember anyone saying he quit against Orlando the year before.....
Every game in the playoffs where you lose brings you one step closer to elimination?

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Wow now the agenda turn in to guess what...Kobe against the Suns.
Kobe lead a team with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown as starters to the playoffs as the 8th seed and almost upset probably the best Suns team of all time. But no.....he quit.

Oh gawd....:facepalm
It was mentioned on the first page of the thread and the two games have been intertwined since last summer, clearly this isnt a surprise to you for it to come up.

Also, come on, that wasnt even CLOSE to being the best suns team of all time..Lol

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 04:06 PM

Dan Gilbert!!!

crisoner
04-14-2011, 04:10 PM
It was mentioned on the first page of the thread and the two games have been intertwined since last summer, clearly this isnt a surprise to you for it to come up.

Also, come on, that wasnt even CLOSE to being the best suns team of all time...did they even have Amare that season? Lol

That team had two 60 plus win season in threes years....yes it was.

And be better then twist some BS about Kobe's being worst...really an 8th seed losing to the first seed is worst then a first seed losing to a what 3rd?

WOW

PowerGlove
Either both of them quit or none of them quit. You can't just go find stupid and unreasonable reasons to justify for one guy but not for the other.
My point exactly. If you are going to say one quit, then both of them did. I think they did...dont see how people are getting offended.

Rysio
but it was pretty much the deciding game of who was winning the series and lebron quit before the game even started.

crisoner
04-14-2011, 04:11 PM
And I'll say it again...Kobe had Smush Parker...and Kwame Brown as starters on his team.

/Thread

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 04:12 PM

Ugh yes you can. Kobe let up in one game.... another let up the second half of a series when his team was still in control.

1 guy let up when his team had already allowed the momentum of the series to shift to the other team.. and was going to lose (I'm sure Kobe could sense this).

1 guy was dominating a series.. was in complete control then suddenly his elbow injury was supposedly causing him problems as he looked uninterested in the games/series and started doing things he never does.. like consecutive unforced turnovers starting in game 4 etc.

Kobe never quit on his team.. he just let his ego get the best of him. He knew he needed to score.. but Phil was pushing for him to share the ball so he stopped shooting.

Lebron ALWAYS had the green light. Mike Brown WANTED him to dominate games in every facet including scoring. He was expected to maintain that level of play and he let up when his team was up 2-1.. and had just blown out Boston by 29.

Btw it cannot be disregarded that the talent gap between Phoenix and the Lakers was MUCH greater than Cavs and Celtics. Sure the Celtics were the better, deeper team.. but the Cavs were also MUCH stronger than Kobe's Lakers squad that year. Also like another poster said.. one team was going for the upset (Lakers).. while the other was a number 1 seed title favorite. WAY different!

crisoner
04-14-2011, 04:13 PM
IMO in both cases Kobe and LeBron where both defeated by better teams.

You want real talk...BOTH wanted out of their teams after.
I understand Kobe's case at the time but LeBron's???

Things happen Kobe stayed and LeBron made a prime time special called the Decision. The rest is history....

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 04:14 PM
And I'll say it again...Kobe had Smush Parker...and Kwame Brown as starters on his team.

/Thread

Quitting is an individual decision bro...

Nash
04-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Ugh yes you can. Kobe let up in one game.... another let up the second half of a series when his team was still in control.

1 guy let up when his team had already allowed the momentum of the series to shift to the other team.. and was going to lose (I'm sure Kobe could sense this).

1 guy was dominating a series.. was in complete control then suddenly his elbow injury was supposedly causing him problems as he looked uninterested in the games/series and started doing things he never does.. like consecutive unforced turnovers starting in game 4 etc.

Kobe never quit on his team.. he just let his ego get the best of him. He knew he needed to score.. but Phil was pushing for him to share the ball so he stopped shooting.

Lebron ALWAYS had the green light. Mike Brown WANTED him to dominate games in every facet including scoring. He was expected to maintain that level of play and he let up when his team was up 2-1.. and had just blown out Boston by 29.

Btw it cannot be disregarded that the talent gap between Phoenix and the Lakers was MUCH greater than Cavs and Celtics. Sure the Celtics were the better, deeper team.. but the Cavs were also MUCH stronger than Kobe's Lakers squad that year. Also like another poster said.. one team was going for the upset (Lakers).. while the other was a number 1 seed title favorite. WAY different!
Now after you just wrote all of that, ask yourself, why would Lebron quit? What reasons did he have? Who wouldn't he want a ring? You see what I'm saying, it doesn't make any sense.

So what does that sentence I bolded mean? Isn't that quitting? He quit because his ego got the best of him. Thats obviously quitting.

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 04:19 PM
That team had two 60 plus win season in threes years....yes it was.

And be better then twist some BS about Kobe's being worst...really an 8th seed losing to the first seed is worst then a first seed losing to a what 3rd?

WOW

First of all, the lakers were the seventh seed facing a suns team who had NO Amare. Secondly, I said HE quit. He's been playing with those teammates all season and in the seventh game of the first round he decides that they are too terrible to continue on, omg I must pass with each opportunity because a coach I dont listen to 60% of the time said so....:rolleyes:

but it was pretty much the deciding game of who was winning the series and lebron quit before the game even started.

The series is tied 2-2, the fifth game doesnt pretty much decide anything but who leads 3-2. Is it a big game? Yes.

Is it a game 7? No.

This is the suns team that took seven games to beat the clippers and got destroyed by the Mavs.

Nash
04-14-2011, 04:21 PM
IMO in both cases Kobe and LeBron where both defeated by better teams.

You want real talk...BOTH wanted out of their teams after.
I understand Kobe's case at the time but LeBron's???

Things happen Kobe stayed and LeBron made a prime time special called the Decision. The rest is history....
Do you really want to know why Lebron wanted to quit? Dude was leading a bunch of scrubs to two 60+ seasons and had no help in the playoffs what so ever. He was in a bullshit market where nobody wanted to come and the people in charge of the team brought him a 38 year old Shaq and a scrub like Jamison to help him out. You don't think he finally had enough of wasting his talents on Cleveland and just wanted something better for himself? We all saw how good Gibson, Varejao, Jamison, Hickson, Mo Williams Anthony Parker etc really were when they managed to lead their team to the worst record in NBA HISTORY.

Clippersfan86
Now after you just wrote all of that, ask yourself, why would Lebron quit? What reasons did he have? Who wouldn't he want a ring? You see what I'm saying, it doesn't make any sense.

So what does that sentence I bolded mean? Isn't that quitting? He quit because his ego got the best of him. Thats obviously quitting.

I can see why you would point that out because I did word it in a contradictory way. I just meant... one player finally giving in to a coach telling him to back off.. and stop shooting as much... is much different than a player who has 100 percent green light and gives up. Is it not obviously different?

crisoner
Quitting is an individual decision bro...

You are being as ignorant as a ashbelly troll.

crisoner
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Do you really want to know why Lebron wanted to quit? Dude was leading a bunch of scrubs to two 60+ seasons and had no help in the playoffs what so ever. He was in a bullshit market where nobody wanted to come and the people in charge of the team brought him a 38 year old Shaq and a scrub like Jamison to help him out. You don't think he finally had enough of wasting his talents on Cleveland and just wanted something better for himself? We all saw how good Gibson, Varejao, Jamison, Hickson, Mo Williams Anthony Parker etc really were when they managed to lead their team to the worst record in NBA HISTORY.

Oh now they are scrubs. Before they are great role players perfect to play in a LeBron lead system but now they are scrubs? Well those "SCRUBS" did a better job those two seasons then the so called other Big two have done for LeBron this season.

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 04:24 PM
:wtf:

You are using his teammates as a excuse for quitting but calling me ignorant?

They both quit end of story. I dont know why people are even debating the facts here. The only difference is one did it in an elimination game and the other didnt.

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 04:25 PM

Nothing in that post addresses why LeBron quit when the Cavs were leading the series 2-1.

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Nothing in that post addresses why LeBron quit when the Cavs were leading the series 2-1.
So...now he quit in the fourth game?

Next week it will be the third game right?:oldlol:

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Well that's he started acting out of character and ignoring his teammates etc.

Rysio
04-14-2011, 04:28 PM
:wtf:

You are using his teammates as a excuse for quitting but calling me ignorant?

They both quit end of story. I dont know why people are even debating the facts here. The only difference is one did it in an elimination game and the other didnt.
you're an idiot. kobe quit out of frustration when his team was getting blown out even tho he played great in the first half. bronzy quit from start to finish didn't even try the whole game at all, probably had south beach on his mind already.

Christofire
04-14-2011, 04:30 PM
So...now he quit in the fourth game?

Next week it will be the third game right?:oldlol:
LeBron is choking quitter dude...he had the best team in the league two season in a row and he choked and quit

PowerGlove
04-14-2011, 04:33 PM
you're an idiot. kobe quit out of frustration when his team was getting blown out even tho he played great in the first half. bronzy quit from start to finish didn't even try the whole game at all, probably had south beach on his mind already.

I dont understand why are calling me an idiot and then doing exactly what I called another poster out for? can you read?

@christwhatever

LOL, how are you a choking quitter??? That makes no sense. You actually have to try to choke....and by quitting, you dont try. Pick one and stick with it.

winwin
04-14-2011, 04:37 PM
powergloce is phoenix18
what do you expect other than trolling/hating

Kurosawa0
04-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Ignoring the Delonte West possibility, I'll say what I thought happened at the time. I think LeBron was taking stock of what Cleveland had to offer.

I really think he probably decided to leave after the loss to Orlando in 2009, but that he wasn't 100% sure. So, after Rondo had just killed Cleveland in game 4 of the Boston series, I think he decided to see just how good his team was. Kobe had just taken a backseat in game 5 against the Thunder and the Lakers rolled. I think LeBron wanted to see if his team was capable of doing the same.

They obviously weren't and he went to Miami.

Did he quit on the Cavaliers? Yes. After year after year of beating his brains out and never having an elite second player, I don't honestly blame him.

madmax
04-14-2011, 04:45 PM
LeBron is choking quitter dude...he had the best team in the league two season in a row and he choked and quit

you won't even be posting here when your idol Cryant gets his old ass booted from the playoffs this year and when Lebron is lifting his Finals MVP:lol
Enjoy your last days of trolling I guess then:cheers:

LA_Showtime
04-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Ignoring the Delonte West possibility, I'll say what I thought happened at the time. I think LeBron was taking stock of what Cleveland had to offer.

I really think he probably decided to leave after the loss to Orlando in 2009, but that he wasn't 100% sure. So, after Rondo had just killed Cleveland in game 4 of the Boston series, I think he decided to see just how good his team was. Kobe had just taken a backseat in game 5 against the Thunder and the Lakers rolled. I think LeBron wanted to see if his team was capable of doing the same.

They obviously weren't and he went to Miami.

Did he quit on the Cavaliers? Yes. After year after year of beating his brains out and never having an elite second player, I don't honestly blame him.

That doesn't explain why his body language did a complete 180, though. He went from being one of the more extroverted players on the team to just ignoring everyone and looking pissed off.

elementally morale
04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Seriously watch ...

That's some crazy shit.

Kurosawa0
04-14-2011, 04:56 PM
That doesn't explain why his body language did a complete 180, though. He went from being one of the more extroverted players on the team to just ignoring everyone and looking pissed off.

Like I said "Ignoring the Delonte West possibility." :lol

The further it's gotten, I think that's what happened. No one has really denied it, in fact Delonte expressly didn't deny it at the start of the season. It wasn't just LeBron's body language, but the whole team's. If it wasn't Delonte, something else happened in that locker room.

LeBron went from not shaking hands/talking to the media against Orlando to hugging KG and tearing his jersey off as fast as possible against Boston.

He gets hammered now, but if you look at that loss to Boston last year, it's kind of an anomaly. LeBron always went down swinging in the past against Detroit in 06, Spurs in 07, Boston in 08 and Orlando 09, he didn't always play the best, but he tried.

DKLaker
04-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Lebron = Quitting Charlie Sheen = WINNING :oldlol:

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 05:06 PM
I know right ... noticed the same thing.

Funnyfuka
04-14-2011, 05:10 PM
it was all psychological. The sum of all these parameters. A desire to show who he was , how important he was to everyone, to feel needed. Often happen with people who have no father. See borderline personnality on wikipedia. These people are often very driven and focused but psychologically insecure and in need of love, attention. If they dont they create drama by themselves.

Mach_3
04-14-2011, 06:47 PM
]you're an idiot. kobe quit out of frustration when his team was getting blown out even tho he played great in the first half.[/B] bronzy quit from start to finish didn't even try the whole game at all, probably had south beach on his mind already.

Which is still quitting

RedBlackAttack
04-14-2011, 07:15 PM
I don't think that he 'quit,' per se. I do think, however, that he mentally wilted under the immense pressure that was on him at the time, and I'm not talking about just facing a very good Celtics team.

When you are playing that kind of team with those kind of players under those circumstances, you have to be 100 percent focused on the task at hand. Any outside distractions can be deadly.

What I saw in that series from Game 4 onward was a severely distracted individual who had other things on his mind outside of beating the Celtics and bringing a title to Cleveland.

I feel like he probably knew he was leaving at that point and he may have even known that the wheels were in motion to make the Big 3 happen in Miami. Whatever the case, there is little doubt in my mind that free agency was front and center in his mind during the last three games of that series. It is the only conclusion that I can come to after watching this guy throughout his entire career and then watching him in those final games as a Cavalier.

He's had awful shooting series before... He's even had games in which it looked like the opponent had mentally worn him down. That isn't what I saw.

He looked almost disinterested for much of those last three games... Totally distracted. The team followed suit and the outcome became predictable.

To say he 'quit' is to state that he intentionally lost the series. I don't think that this was the case. I do think that he was overwhelmed with off-court issues and his future, though... Which makes it a pretty bad final memory for people in Cleveland.

That isn't the way that you want to see a player like James go out... And it helped fuel the backlash when the decision was announced.

raptorfan_dr07
04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
He quit plain and simple. No ifs ands or buts about it. Don't make excuses for the guy. His team was up 2-1, after smashing the sh*t out of Boston IN Boston in Game 3. The Celtics may have been the better team, but they weren't THAT much better like what we saw in Game 5. A 30+ point blow out in the Q? Come on now. Whatever his reason was, it doesn't matter, he's a punk for doing that.

I also can't believe I'm seeing people in here trying to rationalize Kobe quitting against Phoenix, busting out a bunch of bullsh*t revisionist history. One of the best Suns teams of all time? GTFO with that BS! That team didn't even have a proper front court. Amare and Kurt Thomas were injured the entire playoffs. Brian Grant was in uniform but was washed up and never played. Their front court consisted of Boris Diaw and Shawn Marion with a little bit of Tim Thomas. Lamar Odom had a field day. Hell even Kwame Brown was killing that front court. I remember Doug Collins mentioning even back then how LA's size was giving Phoenix problems. The Suns were getting killed on the glass.

Yeah, Kobe did everything in his power to end the series in Game 6, no argument there. But he flat out quit in Game 7. This is a guy who's been shoved down our throats as the greatest thing since sliced bread, the "next Jordan", "unstoppable", "best closer in the NBA", "most clutch in NBA history", "most explosive scorer ever", need I go on? A guy who to this day, continually breaks the offense and goes into ME mode. The same guy who dropped 81 points and then 62 in 3 quarters that same season. Yet he was just following the game plan? He couldn't score against one of the worst defensive teams of the decade? This is a Game 7 on the road, the highest pressure imaginable. And Kobe quit. Just like Lebron the pressure got to him and he quit. Don't make excuses for either of them.

RedBlackAttack
04-14-2011, 07:32 PM
He quit plain and simple. No ifs ands or buts about it. Don't make excuses for the guy. His team was up 2-1, after smashing the sh*t out of Boston IN Boston in Game 3. The Celtics may have been the better team, but they weren't THAT much better like what we saw in Game 5. A 30+ point blow out in the Q? Come on now. Whatever his reason was, it doesn't matter, he's a punk for doing that.
I guess it just depends on your definition of 'quitting,' but then we are just getting into semantics. I pretty much agree with you. Those last three games (Game 5 in particular) were an abomination.

inclinerator
04-14-2011, 07:48 PM
actually he did quit, if u looked at his body language it looks like he was just going through the motions, lazy passes, settling for jumpers and not taking over when the game was on the line.

nathanjizzle
04-14-2011, 07:50 PM
lebron is not championship caliber. If he ever wins a chip, it will be because of his teammates.

Papaya Petee
04-14-2011, 09:35 PM
:facepalm

damn son, you'll say or makeup anything to defend Lebron right now. You sound ridiculous.

Atleast you're not quite on Heat007, purplecurtains, ashbelly, or Lebron23 levels..... Yet.

First things I said " Yeah he quit"

Are you illiterate like your boy Rose?

Nets fan 93
04-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Why would LeBron quit? Isn't his mission to win championships? Isnt that the reason why he signed in Miami? For a better chance to win? He wants to quit... Instead of trying to win he quits? LOL, isnt it obvious the dude wants to win. I don't know how anyone could believe he QUIT. No way he quit.

SebasMiamiFan
04-14-2011, 09:43 PM

Champion mold? Has he even won a playoff series yet? :hammerhead:

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Champion mold? Has he even won a playoff series yet? :hammerhead:
Kid doesn't get it ...

The characteristics that make him who he is is just chalk full of WIN.

Hard worker, strong will, doesn't crack under pressure, takes on challenges, doesn't run from criticism and challenges, etc.

With those characteristics, he's destined for success. As you can see by him being MVP in only his 3rd year.

IE Not LeBron James.

Eat Like A Bosh
04-14-2011, 10:13 PM
I honestly don't know what happened. LeBron was at the peak of his powers in Game 3, they blew out Boston in Rose Garden.
I thought it was over for Boston, but then it's like something happened to LeBron. Something mental. I don't know what happened though, and I'd love to know the truth.

Christofire
04-14-2011, 10:16 PM
I honestly don't know what happened. LeBron was at the peak of his powers in Game 3, they blew out Boston in Rose Garden.
I thought it was over for Boston, but then it's like something happened to LeBron. Something mental. I don't know what happened though, and I'd love to know the truth.
Truth is He QUIT....he's a quitter thats what they do. Luckily Wade gets to carry his sorry arse through the pplayoffs

inclinerator
04-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Why would LeBron quit? Isn't his mission to win championships? Isnt that the reason why he signed in Miami? For a better chance to win? He wants to quit... Instead of trying to win he quits? LOL, isnt it obvious the dude wants to win. I don't know how anyone could believe he QUIT. No way he quit.
probably cuz of the delonte west scandal

Logical
04-14-2011, 11:38 PM
LeBron James' 2010 playoffs: 29.1ppg/9.3rpg/7.6apg
2010 playoffs vs Celtics: 26.8ppg/9.3rpg/7.2apg
Game 3 vs Celtics: 38/8/7 on 64% shooting

After the Celtics were beat single-handedly by LeBron James in game 3, they forced him to defer to his teammates. Once LeBron deferred to his teammates (his first time doing so in his 7 years there), the Cavaliers were blown out by the Celtics in games 4 and 5.

LeBron tried to take over in game 6, by playing 1 on 5, but it was too late. The Celtics had the better team.

After the series was over, Kevin Garnett noted that they beat the Cavaliers because the Cavaliers were only a 1 man show, and it takes a great team to win.

PP34Deuce
04-14-2011, 11:44 PM
LeBron James' 2010 playoffs: 29.1ppg/9.3rpg/7.6apg
2010 playoffs vs Celtics: 26.8ppg/9.3rpg/7.2apg
Game 3 vs Celtics: 38/8/7 on 64% shooting

After the Celtics were beat single-handedly by LeBron James in game 3, they forced him to defer to his teammates. Once LeBron deferred to his teammates (his first time doing so in his 7 years there), the Cavaliers were blown out by the Celtics in games 4 and 5.

LeBron tried to take over in game 6, by playing 1 on 5, but it was too late. The Celtics had the better team.

After the series was over, Kevin Garnett noted that they beat the Cavaliers because the Cavaliers were only a 1 man show, and it takes a great team to win.

Thats Bullshit. You are what you are in the playoffs..Some guys can be strong as the game gets tougher, some guys wilt.

Lebron makes jumpers flawlessly with no pressure,but as soon as the pressure comes, That jumper gets shaky, and those drives to the basket get ugly. The bucks game was a perfect example.

Hes an amazing player,but he has that stigma for a reason.

Replay32
04-14-2011, 11:48 PM
His energy level wasn't there like it normally is. If that's quitting, then he did quit. I was puzzled after that game, cuz lebron usually brings a ton of energy on both ends of the court. , especially in the playoffs.

Logical
04-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Thats Bullshit. You are what you are in the playoffs..Some guys can be strong as the game gets tougher, some guys wilt.

Lebron makes jumpers flawlessly with no pressure,but as soon as the pressure comes, That jumper gets shaky, and those drives to the basket get ugly. The bucks game was a perfect example.

Hes an amazing player,but he has that stigma for a reason.

Are you saying that he quit during the playoffs, or that he does not play well against the tougher teams?

Javat_90
04-14-2011, 11:54 PM
I cant see madmax in this thread.

:confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
04-15-2011, 02:27 AM
After the Celtics were beat single-handedly by LeBron James in game 3, they forced him to defer to his teammates.
That is just pure and utter bullsh!t. When James was being aggressive, attacking the paint and setting up teammates, that team was very good. Game 3 was not won 'single-handedly.'

Yes, James had a great game, but there were six Cavaliers in double-figures. Antawn Jamison had 20 points and 12 rebounds, outplaying Kevin Garnett. Shaq controlled the paint, outscoring both Perkins and Glen Davis combined.

The Cavs' defense held Ray Allen and Paul Pierce to a combined 6-for-24 from the field.

If you think that LeBron James was solely responsible for that 29 point win, you didn't watch that game. It was pretty much the definition of a team domination with James leading the charge.

That is what was so dumbfounding about the ensuing three games.

gilalizard
04-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Can you imagine MJ ever joining an equal and saying "We don’t have to have the pressure of scoring 30 every night..."?

Can you imagine MJ ever saying or doing anything such thing? Of shrinking from the burden of being the greatest? That spoke of backing away from competing with his rivals and contemporaries to fight for being the best?

LeBron ran from being an all-time great competitor, to have easy wins on an easy-train to easy championships.

LeBron is one of the greatest of all time disappointments in sports.

rizzy
04-15-2011, 06:28 AM
He quit, everyone in Cleveland I know knows that, anyone who's been a Cavs fan for the past two decades knows that.

There's a pole on Realcavsfans dot com, the thread was created after game 5 (before he left Cle) "Do you feel he quit game 5", 240+ votes, 97% yes.

I think 220 people that have been blogging and posting about the Cavs for years would morally not put the "quitter" tag on him after only being down 3-2, if they didn't think he quit.

madmax
04-15-2011, 09:15 AM
I cant see madmax in this thread.

:confusedshrug:

what do you wanna hear from me son?:confusedshrug:
That Lebron quit and choked in Celtics series?:facepalm Things are not black and white in real world - if Lebron was for some reason unable to perform up to his usual legendary level, where was his "elite" supporting cast to pick up the slack from him? Where were his Gasol, Pippen or Fisher to make timely clutch shots in elimination games? Why no one of his teammates stepped up and helped their leader to get through this slump? When you'll answer this question, maybe then you'll start putting some things into perspective...

24r2
04-15-2011, 09:23 AM
what do you wanna hear from me son?:confusedshrug:
That Lebron quit and choked in Celtics series?:facepalm Things are not black and white in real world - if Lebron was for some reason unable to perform up to his usual legendary level, where was his "elite" supporting cast to pick up the slack from him? Where were his Gasol, Pippen or Fisher to make timely clutch shots in elimination games? Why no one of his teammates stepped up and helped their leader to get through this slump? When you'll answer this question, maybe then you'll start putting some things into perspective...

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

AlphaWolf24
04-15-2011, 12:23 PM

FAIL....The Lakers were not the best team in the NBA...The Lakers were not favored in the series...Kobe had 20 points at halftime and the Lakers were still down by 20.

if you watched the whole series the only time the Lakers played well is when Kobe was getting everyone else involved and scoring off of them...

Kobe with Kwame and Chucky>Lebron with Twan Williams and Shaq .....Kobe tried to win..Lebron had the Miami thing all planned out ahead of time.

Ne 1
04-15-2011, 12:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d-Mnfz6iB0

Not surprising to anyone who watched the series, even his die hard stans on here said he checked out in the middle of the series.

Game 4 was suspicious, but game 5 was it was even more evident that he quit.

kaiiu
04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Game 5&6 were obvious. But it all started in game 4.

AlphaWolf24
04-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Jordan "Checked out" vs Detroit in 1990....

but he didn't leave Chicago and go join Larry or Magic.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/user_images/2272000/AlphaWolf-2272214_89_89.jpg

ZenMaster
04-15-2011, 01:27 PM

Ain't no rumor..

It was initially posted on the teres owens website or whatever, after a few days Lebron's lawyers requested it taken off because they said it wasn't true. It wasn't taken down and nothing happened.

Like another poster said it's all but confirmed from multiple sources, it's so clear that's what happened. If you watch the game and check out his own and the teams demeanor you'll see it's very fitting.

kaiiu
04-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Bump. Uh huh this shit ain't ova

King Lebron LBJ
04-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Bump. Uh huh this shit ain't ova
What a loser you are

kaiiu
04-15-2011, 06:38 PM
What a loser you are
Lol at a f@g replying to me

LeFraud Shames
04-15-2011, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=gilalizard]Can you imagine MJ ever joining an equal and saying "We don

Solid Snake
04-15-2011, 09:31 PM
who the hell busts his a$$ off for 82 games to attain the best record, then QUITS in the playoffs which every other lottery team is dying to get into?

it is just a convenient term that the media coined and fools took and spread it

Then you CLEARLY didn't see the ****ing game in question.

sixer6ad
04-15-2011, 11:38 PM

Sorry. You are wrong. Something happened (argument with Mike Brown...Delonte and Gloria...etc) and he ABSOLUTELY QUIT in Game 5. Were you there? I was. Stood in the corner and pouted. Yelled at the staff from the bench.

He quit.

sixer6ad
04-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Larry Bird. Michael Jordan. Jerry West. Kareem. Magic Johnson. Oscar Robertson. And on and on and on...

You never think one time to put them and quitter in the same sentence. It just doesn't happen...people would think you are crazy.

When the thought of someone quitting even surfaces about a particular player, and it makes national media, and everyone all over the country pretty much agrees with it, that tells you everything you need to kow about a player.

It ends there.

Some players would NEVER be associated with quitting.
Others would.