PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre Jordan

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 04:49 PM
In his first season where he got good minutes he finished the year averaging 7 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks per game in only 25.5 minutes a game. Started in 66 games.. had a dominant stretch where he averaged 11 rebounds and 5.5 blocked shots over 5 games. Also had a monstrous 14 point, 20 rebound, 6 block game against Denver. Finished the year shooting 69 percent from the field.. 75 percent of his baskets being dunks.

He's a restricted free agent this offseason. Where do you see him ending up? How good will he be next season? Do you think he improved a lot? Did he meet expectations? I think he filled in admirably for Kaman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEYHwSvo3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xztUiwfXHQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK4y6dYAptM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUByZiGeuo4

Just a few of his nicer plays this season. He flat out baptized Brockman and Bogut.

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 04:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Q_Im4gC2Q

DuMa
04-14-2011, 04:54 PM
-likes dunking and alley oops
-dislikes free throws and slapping

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
I want him in Minnesota!!!:cry: :cry:
http://www.intentionalfoul.com/images/jordanandbeasley.jpg
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/80903113.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54870CD4BCAE8E603CB BE325D2A74C7C1171ABC7D689A2A2BE7E30A760B0D811297
http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/kevin-durant-and-michael-beasley.jpg
D.J is right behind Kevin Durant in this pic :oldlol:

http://www.usabasketball.com/photos/picture_body_1446.jpg
Under 18 USA Basketball Team :bowdown: :bowdown:

FadeAwayJ13
04-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I'd say that he's a lock for a resigning. A young 7-footer that can jump out of the building. Even if he doesn't develop his game like he should, he still is a staple in arguably the most exciting frontcourt in the NBA.

You'd have to be a complete idiot not to resign him. The team would have to be run by a crazy, money-hungry, insa...oh wait.
Yeah, With Sterling as the head honcho, he'll probably trade him for a pack of skittles or something.

Crown&Coke
04-14-2011, 05:31 PM
I was really hard on this dude, and last year it was warranted. He couldn't make a layup, just dunk the damn thing. He couldn't catch a pass unless someone literally handed him the ball or threw a lob. His post defense was nonexistent. He still is afraid of the FT line.

But this dude has blossomed into a legit center teams are going to make a run at.

And I know why he got so much better from one year to the next, and his name is Blake Griffin. Griff showed him how to work hard, and gave him confidence, both things an NBA player needs to survive in the L. How many times have we seen Blake throw a pinpoint pass right to DJ and then all he has to do is gather himself and dunk. DJ challenges shots because he knows he has Griff right behind him going for the rebound just in case.

Another reason Blake Griffin is a stud, he makes his teammates better, and makes their jobs easier.

Crown&Coke
04-14-2011, 05:32 PM
With Sterling as the head honcho, he'll probably trade him for a pack of skittles or something.

There are too many flavors in a pack of skittles, Sterlin doesn't like diversity. He will trade him for a bag of green M&M's

Joey Zaza
04-14-2011, 05:33 PM
I'd say that he's a lock for a resigning. A young 7-footer that can jump out of the building. Even if he doesn't develop his game like he should, he still is a staple in arguably the most exciting frontcourt in the NBA.

You'd have to be a complete idiot not to resign him. The team would have to be run by a crazy, money-hungry, insa...oh wait.
Yeah, With Sterling as the head honcho, he'll probably trade him for a pack of skittles or something.

I tend to agree except -- they are already paying Kaman a fortune. They will have to pay Blake a fortune-next year, right?- to extend him. So now, for two big positions, you are investing about half your cap. If they don't move Kaman, not sure they can realistically match on Jordan (figure 5yrs, $35-45 to get him).

ihatetimthomas
04-14-2011, 05:41 PM
I tend to agree except -- they are already paying Kaman a fortune. They will have to pay Blake a fortune-next year, right?- to extend him. So now, for two big positions, you are investing about half your cap. If they don't move Kaman, not sure they can realistically match on Jordan (figure 5yrs, $35-45 to get him).

Kaman has one year left on his deal. He makes 12.7 mil next year and then comes off the books. That is not a fortune

Suckafree
04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I think dude should be a major part of the clippers development. A legit 7" thats a top 5 athlete at his position (Chandler, Dwight, Mcgee being those that are in front of him probably) that can block shots, board and dunk the ball is exactly what they need. Blake has enough offense for that frontcourt alone. With Blakes passing ability, DJ should make a living off Blake being double teamed.
I like the kid, once he refines his game this clippers teams gunna be trouble.

:rockon:

Goliath Uterus
04-14-2011, 06:12 PM
I think he stays with the Clippers, and continues to grow into a beast-man

Clippersfan86
04-14-2011, 06:30 PM
I think dude should be a major part of the clippers development. A legit 7" thats a top 5 athlete at his position (Chandler, Dwight, Mcgee being those that are in front of him probably) that can block shots, board and dunk the ball is exactly what they need. Blake has enough offense for that frontcourt alone. With Blakes passing ability, DJ should make a living off Blake being double teamed.

:cheers:

MeLO MvP 15
04-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Would be perfect for the Knicks....

but is he worth giving up our chances of Paul/ Howard/ Williams... idk

Jasper
04-14-2011, 07:34 PM
In his first season where he got good minutes he finished the year averaging 7 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks per game in only 25.5 minutes a game. Started in 66 games.. had a dominant stretch where he averaged 11 rebounds and 5.5 blocked shots over 5 games.
Just a few of his nicer plays this season. He flat out baptized Brockman and Bogut.

Jordan will have a decision to make , he is restricted , but he could get lots of offers , and expect the Clippers to here talk from the Heat as well as one or two other elite teams.

he would fit in nicely with the Heat , but can they out bid for him , or will the Clips retain him ,, might be the biggest transaction this off season !!!

FindingTim
04-14-2011, 09:41 PM
hope the Clippers keep him, he's got all the talent, he just needs to get nasty and go to work. play like no one can stop you. cuz when you're 7 feet tall and jump like a guard, no one can if you try.

worst case scenario he is an overpaid Tyson Chandler--- actually, worst case scenario is that he joins another squad and becomes a Howard/Chandler hybrid.

GiveItToBurrito
04-14-2011, 09:46 PM
In his first season where he got good minutes he finished the year averaging 7 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks per game in only 25.5 minutes a game. Started in 66 games.. had a dominant stretch where he averaged 11 rebounds and 5.5 blocked shots over 5 games. Also had a monstrous 14 point, 20 rebound, 6 block game against Denver. Finished the year shooting 69 percent from the field.. 75 percent of his baskets being dunks.

He's a restricted free agent this offseason. Where do you see him ending up? How good will he be next season? Do you think he improved a lot? Did he meet expectations? I think he filled in admirably for Kaman.

He seems like a solid if unspectacular starting center. Unless someone like Minnesota offers him 10 million a year, the Clippers will match any offer for him. I think he met expectations, or at least the realistic ones, and agree with you that he was a good substitute for Kaman. I actually would go so far as to say that he was a better player than Kaman, especially in the Clippers' system.

2LeTTeRS
04-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Best case scenario for the Clips: Re-sign Jordan and trade Kaman. A lot of teams will want DJ but the Clips have to bring him back, he works too well with Griffin for them to let him go. Deandre makes up for Griffin's weaknesses defensively and is able to capitalize off Blake's passes by finishing strong. Kaman is a good talent but is just not a good compliment for Blake, and frankly he has more value as a trade asset than as a player for the Clips.

It boils down to this - there has to be a team willing to give up a good young small forward for a solid center with an expiring contract. If the draft goes as expected and the Wolves draft Derrick Williams, Beasley could be expendable. If so how about this deal to bring him to LA - Kaman and Aminu for Beasley, Darko, and Martell Webster.

If I was in charge I'd make that trade and then finish off the off-season by bringing in a veteran small forward. Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Matt Barnes, and Andrei Kirilenko will all be available as free agents after the new CBA is signed. Getting one of those players in LA with the other 2 moves I mentioned could make the Clips a playoff team.

Jordan | Darko
Griffin | Gomes
Beasley | vet (Barnes, AK, Battier or Prince) | Webster
Gordan | Foye
Williams | Bledsoe | Warren

DRose1899
04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
New Tyson Chandler in the making.

SpecialQue
04-14-2011, 10:57 PM

DeAndre's the most underrated dunker in the league. Some of his dunks have been even better than Blake's.

This guy has a ton of potential and I hope he stays a Clipper. In fact, between him, Griffin and Gordan, how pumped are you to be a Clippers fan at this point? As much as I want my Lakers to stay at the top, I wouldn't be heartbroken if a Clippers/Thunder rivalry developed when the Lakers go into rebuilding mode.

KingJay718
04-14-2011, 10:57 PM
They gotta keep him. Him and BG32 are a good duo. I think DAJ can be a 12-15 and 10 player if he works hard. He seems like a good dude with a good motor.

PistonsFan#21
04-14-2011, 10:58 PM

No Ibaka on the list?

2LeTTeRS
04-14-2011, 10:59 PM
No Ibaka on the list?

Ibaka's more athletic, but he's a 4.

Al Thornton
04-14-2011, 11:09 PM
i don't think some of you understand, the clippers have to pay dj whatever it takes. if he's gone blakes gone.

PistonsFan#21
04-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Ibaka's more athletic, but he's a 4.

He's both. He was the center of the team before they got Perkins.

LAClipsFan33
04-14-2011, 11:29 PM
i don't think some of you understand, the clippers have to pay dj whatever it takes. if he's gone blakes gone.

This.

They are best friends...

I used to rag on DJ, but I really enjoy his game now. I hope Sterling doesn't lowball him...however...this is Sterling we are talking about.

PP34Deuce
04-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Perfect Center for a scoring PF to compliment.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2011, 12:01 AM
DeAndre's the most underrated dunker in the league. Some of his dunks have been even better than Blake's.

This guy has a ton of potential and I hope he stays a Clipper. In fact, between him, Griffin and Gordan, how pumped are you to be a Clippers fan at this point? As much as I want my Lakers to stay at the top, I wouldn't be heartbroken if a Clippers/Thunder rivalry developed when the Lakers go into rebuilding mode.

I'm hoping for the same thing. People laugh about it.. but if we keep our talent and Sterling doesn't screw the team.. I really think in 3 seasons it can be the Thunder and Clips fighting for supremacy in the western conference.

Brujesino
04-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Warriors could use him

Clippersfan86
04-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Man a lot of great feedback from non Clippers fans and no trolling. I'm impressed. I think at best DeAndre is a defensive anchor with a max potential in between Tyson Chandler and Marcus Camby. I think at worst.. he only improves a little more than now and is a decent starting Center but nothing special. As for the HEAT fan... the front office already said they are keeping DJ and he wants to stay.

What I don't get is... today I guess the Clippers FO said they have no plans to trade Kaman and want to keep both??? I don't like this idea because we really need a SF. Maybe just a PR move to keep Kaman's value up?

If you had a choice as a fan of another team which Center would you prefer? Kaman or DJ?

ballerz
04-15-2011, 12:07 AM
he has a great upside

Suckafree
04-15-2011, 12:39 AM
No Ibaka on the list?

Ehhh, I counted him as a 4. But you get my point

Lebron23
04-15-2011, 12:47 AM
I can see the Miami Heat signing him in the off season.

Fiasco
04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
I can see the Miami Heat signing him in the off season.

The Heat cannot offer anything realistic that the Clippers won't immediately match.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2011, 01:44 PM
The Heat cannot offer anything realistic that the Clippers won't immediately match.

Yea... Realistic offers only please. That would be like a Lakers fan or Magic fan saying they think they will sign DJ when they are way over the cap.

Crown&Coke
04-15-2011, 02:01 PM
If you had a choice as a fan of another team which Center would you prefer? Kaman or DJ?

I would hope the Clippers keep both, the are perfect compliments to one another. DJ focuses on Defense, and Kaman does nothing but shoot once the ball gets in his hands. But they are going to have to pay around 20 million a year for the center spot because someone is gonna throw some loot at DJ, I think Detroit is going to make a pitch to get him. Him and Monroe is a front court many teams will drool over

Kaman gives them so much freedom offensively. He can score at will it seems, but he is a black hole, guess Z-Bo rubbed off on him that one year.

If I gotta pick one, Im hesistantly taking Kaman. Finding a big man with scoring ability from anywhere 17 feet and in is hard to find. I think its easier to find a big guy with crazy athleticism than a big guy who can score in the post very well. And he looks like a serial killer, that might add to his intimidation factor

blablabla
04-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Best case scenario for the Clips: Re-sign Jordan and trade Kaman. A lot of teams will want DJ but the Clips have to bring him back, he works too well with Griffin not. He makes up for Griffin's weaknesses defensively and is able to capitalize of some off the passes Blake's makes by finishing strong. Kaman is a good talent but is just not a good compliment for Blake, and frankly he has more value as a trade asset than as a player for the Clips.

It boils down to this - there has to be a team willing to give up a good young small forward for a solid center with an expiring contract. If the draft goes as expected and the Wolves draft Derrick Williams, Beasley could be expendable. If so how about this deal to bring him to LA - Kaman and Aminu for Beasley, Darko, and Martell Webster.

If I was in charge I'd make that trade and then finish off the off-season by bringing in a veteran small forward. Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Matt Barnes, and Andrei Kirilenko will all be available as free agents after the new CBA is signed. Getting one of those players in LA with those 2 moves could make the Clips a playoff team.

Jordan | Darko
Griffin | Gomes
Gordan | Foye

nice scenario but i don't think that the wolves wil give up beasley for kaman

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Best case scenario for the Clips: Re-sign Jordan and trade Kaman. A lot of teams will want DJ but the Clips have to bring him back, he works too well with Griffin for them to let him go. Deandre makes up for Griffin's weaknesses defensively and is able to capitalize off Blake's passes by finishing strong. Kaman is a good talent but is just not a good compliment for Blake, and frankly he has more value as a trade asset than as a player for the Clips.

If I was in charge I'd make that trade and then finish off the off-season by bringing in a veteran small forward. Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Matt Barnes, and Andrei Kirilenko will all be available as free agents after the new CBA is signed. Getting one of those players in LA with the other 2 moves I mentioned could make the Clips a playoff team.

Jordan | Darko
Griffin | Gomes
Gordan | Foye

Stopped Reading after Beasley, and Webster get traded for trash :roll: :roll: :roll:

Are you serious?

Beasley >>>>>>>>> Kaman
Webster >>>>>>>> The Chief

You will never see a trade go down like that.

David Kahn would never trade Beasley for Kaman like that. Even if they do pick up Derrick Williams in the draft.

LOL @ THE Wolves getting raped on this deal :roll: :roll: :roll:

ROFL @ tHE Clipperfans and there silly trades acting like the Lakers :roll: :roll: :roll:

ihatetimthomas
04-15-2011, 02:20 PM
I would hope the Clippers keep both, the are perfect compliments to one another. DJ focuses on Defense, and Kaman does nothing but shoot once the ball gets in his hands. But they are going to have to pay around 20 million a year for the center spot because someone is gonna throw some loot at DJ, I think Detroit is going to make a pitch to get him. Him and Monroe is a front court many teams will drool over

Kaman gives them so much freedom offensively. He can score at will it seems, but he is a black hole, guess Z-Bo rubbed off on him that one year.

If I gotta pick one, Im hesistantly taking Kaman. Finding a big man with scoring ability from anywhere 17 feet and in is hard to find. I think its easier to find a big guy with crazy athleticism than a big guy who can score in the post very well. And he looks like a serial killer, that might add to his intimidation factor

I think its equally difficult to find a legitimate center with size who focuses on defense and is content with not many touches. Deandre does have crazy athleticism, but he has grown this year into more than a guy who just jumps out of the building. He is active on the boards and is a big deterrent from guys driving to the paint.

Not trying to hate on Kaman. He is a very skilled offensive player with a nice midrange, but he is very injury prone and we have seen his peak. I always prefer a center who plays defense first, offense second. Especially if he is paired up with Griffin

2LeTTeRS
04-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Stopped Reading after Beasley, and Webster get traded for trash :roll: :roll: :roll:

Are you serious?

Beasley >>>>>>>>> Kaman
Webster >>>>>>>> The Chief

You will never see a trade go down like that.

David Kahn would never trade Beasley for Kaman like that. Even if they do pick up Derrick Williams in the draft.

LOL @ THE Wolves getting raped on this deal :roll: :roll: :roll:

ROFL @ tHE Clipperfans and there silly trades acting like the Lakers :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm not a Clipper fan but just looking at the history of the Wolves I thought this deal seemed like something that could happen. Kahn's been raped before, I could definitely see him being raped again. Every year he seems to totally re-build his team, and last year you were the worst team in the league - whats to stop him from blowing it up again?

As it stands now the Wolves best 3 talents (Love, Beasley, and Randolph) all are forwards and Wesley Johnson would probably be best served playing the 3 over the 2. If you guys draft Williams you have to do something. I think you could do a lot worse than getting Kaman and getting rid of Darko.

PS - Didn't know you where a Wolves fan, thought you just liked Beas. If so where would you rather see him, Minny or LA with Blake and EG?

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-15-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm not a Clipper fan but just looking at the history of the Wolves I thought this deal seemed like something that could happen. Kahn's been raped before, I could definitely see him being raped again. Every year he seems to totally re-build his team, and last year you were the worst team in the league - whats to stop him from blowing it up again?

As it stands now the Wolves best 3 talents (Love, Beasley, and Randolph) all are forwards and Wesley Johnson would probably be best served playing the 3 over the 2. If you guys draft Williams you have to do something. I think you could do a lot worse than getting Kaman and getting rid of Darko.

PS - Didn't know you where a Wolves fan, thought you just liked Beas. If so where would you rather see him, Minny or LA with Blake and EG?

Yeah I'll like to see Beasley suit up with buddies E.J, Blake and D.J but this deal is straight up ridiculous.

Kaman + The Chief for Beasley + Darko + Webster is laughable nobody would be that stupid to accept that offer.

Beasley fan 1st, Wolves fan 2nd:D

imdaman99
04-15-2011, 02:41 PM
What pick was he? Man why don't the Knicks ever draft kids like this, would love him here in NY

ihatetimthomas
04-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Yea I dont think the Wolves deal Beasley, Webster and Darko for virtually a salary dump. Beasley has shown he got game, not as much as the poster above wants to believe, but they are not dealing him for an expiring contract

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Yea I dont think the Wolves deal Beasley, Webster and Darko for virtually a salary dump. Beasley has shown he got game, not as much as the poster above wants to believe, but they are not dealing him for an expiring contract

Michael Beasley stats before his injury Jan-Feb-Mar
22ppg 6rpg 2apg 48fg% TS%55 1bpg 1spg

Last 5 Games
23ppg 7rpg 3apg 46fg% TS%56

Pretty much and / to this Kaman for Beasley trade

ihatetimthomas
04-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Michael Beasley stats before his injury Jan-Feb-Mar
22ppg 6rpg 2apg 48fg% TS%55 1bpg 1spg

Last 5 Games
23ppg 7rpg 3apg 46fg% TS%56

Pretty much and / to this Kaman for Beasley trade

Even when he was healthy, the team was losing to the worst teams in the game. I try not to overrate players who have success on crap teams until I see them perform at a high level and it translates to wins.

Like I said he has game, but I am not going to overrate like you until they translate to wins. There are a ton of players over the course of NBA history who have performed well on crap teams but are not the same if they are put on a legit team

Crown&Coke
04-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I think its equally difficult to find a legitimate center with size who focuses on defense and is content with not many touches. Deandre does have crazy athleticism, but he has grown this year into more than a guy who just jumps out of the building. He is active on the boards and is a big deterrent from guys driving to the paint.

Not trying to hate on Kaman. He is a very skilled offensive player with a nice midrange, but he is very injury prone and we have seen his peak. I always prefer a center who plays defense first, offense second. Especially if he is paired up with Griffin

I see your point, centers are basically a crapshoot, especially guys who have lottery talent but flawed. I think Im a Kaman fan. Him being on the court makes it easy for them offensively. But like you said he has been hit by injuries for the past 3-4 years.

DJ and Griff are going to be together, if Griffin has anything to say about it. DJ got his boy's back.

Fiasco
04-15-2011, 03:10 PM
I personally would rather keep DeAndre and Kaman and hope Aminu develops incredibly over the off-season. Our bigs give us versatility down low, I'd rather not give that up. The only person I'm interested in moving is Gomes, who contributes absolutely nothing except his rather spectacular looking wife at games.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2011, 03:22 PM
I personally would rather keep DeAndre and Kaman and hope Aminu develops incredibly over the off-season. Our bigs give us versatility down low, I'd rather not give that up. The only person I'm interested in moving is Gomes, who contributes absolutely nothing except his rather spectacular looking wife at games.

I'm down for this idea especially because in the last month of the season Aminu looked great and composed. He seems to have a new found confidence. I'm okay with keeping our Centers and letting Aminu develop but if we do that... we need a veteran 3 who can contribute if Aminu doesn't. A guy who has experience to share with our rooks like Prince or Battier.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2011, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p20e7WErDUU

Akrazotile
06-24-2014, 02:51 AM
This.

They are best friends...

I used to rag on DJ, but I really enjoy his game now. I hope Sterling doesn't lowball him...however...this is Sterling we are talking about.

What do you mean?