PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant's Stats as a Starter

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Regular Season - 27.4 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.1 apg, 45.6 fg% (13 years)

Playoffs - 27.4 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 5.2 apg, 46.4 fg% (12 years)

These are Kobes numbers without his first 2 years in regular season and playoffs (where he didnt start) in 1996-97 and 1997-98
kobe missed playoffs in 2004-05

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 10:09 PM

Virtually the exact same.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:11 PM

Kobe's career stats go down across the board for his career in the playoffs.

Career 44.8% shooter. Ouch.

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:12 PM

starter 46.4%

G-Funk
04-14-2011, 10:13 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/Qu3en06/get-attachment-3aspx.jpg

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Whatever happened to ginobili231089596854357

???

Grim
04-14-2011, 10:14 PM
what about it?

Hulk Hogan
04-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Whatever happened to ginobili231089596854357

???

His new gimmick account is Dmavs41!

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:15 PM

brah i aint a hater, im a kobe fan

Droid101
04-14-2011, 10:15 PM
You did it. I literally died.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Droid101
04-14-2011, 10:16 PM
brah i aint a hater, im a kobe fan
He knows... that pic was aimed at ginobili/dmavs.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:17 PM
starter 46.4%

So the first two years don't count?

Please remove the worst two years of any player you compare him to then.

Kobe gained valuable experience his first two years even when he wasn't a starter. Not a fair comparison at all.

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:17 PM
He knows... that pic was aimed at ginobili/dmavs.

oh ok :D

ashbelly
04-14-2011, 10:18 PM
brah i aint a hater, im a kobe stan

*fixed*

ashbelly
04-14-2011, 10:18 PM

Kobe gained valuable experience his first two years even when he wasn't a starter. Not a fair comparison at all.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

crosso√er
04-14-2011, 10:19 PM

Please remove the worst two years if any player you compare him to then.

He was 17 & 18 years of age respectively; you don't think if he went to college and entered the league as a 20 year old, his numbers wouldn't be better (overall)?

Rose
:roll:

Christofire

These are Kobes numbers without his first 2 years in regular season and playoffs (where he didnt start) in 1996-97 and 1997-98

The mold of consistency!

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:20 PM

Please remove the worst two years if any player you compare him to then.

he averaged 15.5 mpg, and 26.0 mpg in his 2 non starter years, you cant produce star numbers with that amount of time
how many coaches played a 17-18 year old kids?

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:21 PM
He was 17 & 18 years of age respectively; you don't think if he went to college and entered the league as a 20 year old, his numbers wouldn't be better (overall)?

What about Lebron then? Do you remove his first 2 years?

What about KG. Hell, what about Rose? He only played 1 year in college.

You gain experience at a much higher rate will on an NBA roster. You can't just throw out two years for one player and not another.

Kobe's third year should have then been much better than Lebron or Wade's 2nd year if he was on their level early on.

Funny how it wasn't.

ashbelly
04-14-2011, 10:21 PM

He wouldn't , because lakers wouldn't pick him. Orlando or washington would've picked him.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:22 PM
he averaged 15.5 mpg, and 26.0 mpg in his 2 non starter years, you cant produce star numbers with that amount of time

And gained valuable experience and didn't have to carry a burden early on like so many other players.

You can't just throw out years for one player and not others. Should we throw out 05 as well?

Hilarious.

Just stay consistent. I have no problem throwing out Kobe's first two years. Just have to do the same thing for any player you compare him to.

crosso√er
04-14-2011, 10:23 PM

You gain experience at a much higher rate will on an NBA roster. You can't just throw out two years for one player and not another.

Kobe's third year should have then been much better than Lebron or Wade's 2nd year if he was on their level early on.

Funny how it wasn't.

What are you even talking about?
Who is talking about Garnett or LeBron...

Are you mentally impaired?

Colby Brian

Funny how it wasn't.

lebron was a starter his rookie year, 39.5 mpg on a crappy team right off the bat

lebron got to be a first option starter his rookie year becasue he went to the cavs
kobe went to a playoff team, and a stacked team, and was not a first option player or a starter

Christofire

It's not about getting rid of his first 2 years. It's about Judigin his career as a starter.....

Kobe's career is defined by what he did as a starter not as a kid coming of the bench.

lakerspng
04-14-2011, 10:24 PM

Funny how it wasn't.

Lebron's first two years he was a starter.

He came onto a junk team that had no talent on it and was allowed to control the team and run it himself from the get go.

kobe came into the league several years before at a time when high school didn't get the instant cred they did in Lebron's time. He also came onto a team that had a all star at the 2 guard and therefore wasn't allowed to start or develop his game the way Bron was.

Two vastly different situations. Obviously Lebron had the chance to shine in his own light earlier than kobe did.

Just giving it context. I could care less. Kobe's helped our team win 5 championships, one our way to 6. I'll take that over the superior stats Bron was able to put up running his own team anyday.

Colby Brian
And gained valuable experience and didn't have to carry a burden early on like so many other players.

You can't just throw out years for one player and not others. Should we throw out 05 as well?

Hilarious.

Just stay consistent. I have no problem throwing out Kobe's first two years. Just have to do the same thing for any player you compare him to.

Yeah, if im gonna compare a player ill take away the years where he was a bench player and averaged way under 30 mpg

crosso√er

Hilarious.

Who the hell isn't throwing out some other [insert player] first two years? What are you even talking about?

This thread is showing us Kobe's numbers as a starter. Has LeBron ever came off the bench? (although, it isn't even relevant).

Gino, get a life you loser.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:25 PM
year 3: all starters:

kobe 20/5/4

lebron 31/7/7

wade 27/6/7

What is the excuse here? Could it be that Kobe took a long time to develop into a great player? Shocking. Could it be that Kobe just wasn't good enough early on?

LOL

asdf1990
04-14-2011, 10:25 PM
a taller allen iverson with a stacked team.

Heat007
04-14-2011, 10:27 PM
lebron was a starter his rookie year, 39.5 mpg on a crappy team right off the bat

He started because he was a much better player. And is a better player, and will always be a superior player to Kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eiPYYSSdyw

DMAVS41
Who the hell isn't throwing out some other [insert player] first two years? What are you even talking about?

This thread is showing us Kobe's numbers as a starter. Has LeBron ever came off the bench? (although, it isn't even relevant).

Gino, get a life you loser.

What?

You people act like there is no value in being in the NBA for 2 years. Its ****ing laughable.

You can't just remove years from a career for one player and not others. How can you not see what a double standard that is?

Rysio

kobe 20/5/4

lebron 31/7/7

wade 27/6/7

What is the excuse here? Could it be that Kobe took a long time to develop into a great player? Shocking. Could it be that Kobe just wasn't good enough early on?

LOL
or maybe its because he was playing with shaq and wasn't allowed to take as many attempts as he wanted

crosso√er
04-14-2011, 10:29 PM

kobe 20/5/4

lebron 31/7/7

wade 27/6/7

LOL

Shaquille had nothing to do with Kobe's numbers or development, right? :oldlol:

Because the first two years, Kobe wasn't coming off the bench and hence, getting less minutes to develop his game, right? Because Shaquille didn't factor in the equation, pertaining to Kobe's numbers in his 3rd year right?

Because the Lakers didn't have Nick Van Axel and Eddie Jones (two all-stars at the time) taking Kobe's minutes and thus hedging his development?

Or better yet, because Wade & LeBron were in identical situation and were not given starter minutes as soon as they got drafted?

God, you are one stupid piece of shit.

Christofire

kobe 20/5/4

lebron 31/7/7

wade 27/6/7

LOL

It's quite simple Kobe didn't have a green lite. he was a first year starter and shaq's side in that first year. people love to ignore the circumstances which lead to Bryant slow start to his illustrious career. He came to a team with a vet at 2 already and a damn good player at the time in eddy jones. he came up under Phil. Everyone knows that Phil doesn't just give guys a starting Job, you earn it. Wade and james would've been no different had the came into the league the way bryant did.

Colby Brian

kobe 20/5/4

lebron 31/7/7

wade 27/6/7

LOL

dont forget that kobe wasnt first option in 1998-99 (shaq)

Ne 1
04-14-2011, 10:30 PM

kobe 20/5/4

lebron 31/7/7

wade 27/6/7

LOL

The per game average is skewed.

How about your post per 48 for each's career?

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:31 PM
He started because he was a much better player. And is a better player, and will always be a superior player to Kobe

:facepalm bruceblitz :roll: :roll: :roll:

lakerspng
04-14-2011, 10:31 PM

hahaha. Kobe is twice the player (skills, determination, focus, toughness, knowledge, dedication) Lebron has ever been. Lebron's just twice the athlete Kobe was ever born to be which makes up for it.

But Lebron is not a better basketball player than Kobe is. He's a more effective one at this point due to Kobe's decline in athleticism and lack of explosion.

asdf1990
04-14-2011, 10:32 PM
The per game average is skewed.

did they play the 48 minutes or is that a stat that predicts how someone will play if they played the whole 48 minutes? maybe u can use it to predict the lottery numbers.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:32 PM
you people can't have it both ways. you can't talk about kobe's longevity right now and not mention all these things. kobe didn't have to carry even close to the same burden that other players did from day 1 like duncan or lebron.

its such a double standard.

how nice must it be to rack up 3 titles as a 2nd option and not having to play heavy minutes your first two years in the league and then not have to carry the scoring load the next 2 years.

just hilarious stuff.

2 years as a non starter then 6 years as a 2nd option. if Kobe had to carry the burden other number 1 options have for their first 8 years, he'd have much less left right now.

do you want to talk about that aspect of it? of course not.

that is why you don't remove years of one players' career and not another. its not fair.

crosso√er
04-14-2011, 10:34 PM
What?

You people act like there is no value in being in the NBA for 2 years. Its ****ing laughable.

You can't just remove years from a career for one player and not others. How can you not see what a double standard that is?

Are you really this dense?
Where is the double standard, maybe you should evaluate the purpose of this thread and not insert your own manifested agenda.

For example; in case you're still confused.
It wouldn't be a double standard to take away Kobe's first two year because you can't just compare their stats without at least including their MPG, their role on the team or their maturity as basketball players. Which is exactly what you did by simply summarizing their stats in their 3rd year... :oldlol: Irony in your posts is priceless.

The situations I mentioned in my preceding post summarizes those issues.

edhemsoccer
04-14-2011, 10:35 PM

:facepalm

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:37 PM
you people can't have it both ways. you can't talk about kobe's longevity right now and not mention all these things. kobe didn't have to carry even close to the same burden that other players did from day 1 like duncan or lebron.

how nice must it be to rack up 3 titles as a 2nd option and not having to play heavy minutes your first two years in the league and then not have to carry the scoring load the next 2 years.

just hilarious stuff.

2 years as a non starter then 6 years as a 2nd option. if Kobe had to carry the burden other number 1 options have for their first 8 years, he'd have much less left right now.

that is why you don't remove years of one players' career and not another. its not fair.

Im talkin about kobe right now,
anyways if i was talkin about mj i would remove 02 and 03
for other players what other years would i remove?

Heat007
04-14-2011, 10:37 PM

With PER both Wade and LeBron have had multiple seasons EACH that were better than Kobe's best season. And Wade owns 3 of the 4 best seasons between him and Kobe.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_season.html

For 48 W\S, Wade is exactly tied with Bill Russell ALLTIME. LeBron is off the charts as well and is right next to Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Kobe is in the company of Sam Jones and Sidney Moncrief

/thread

crosso√er
04-14-2011, 10:38 PM
With PER both Wade and LeBron have had multiple seasons EACH that were better than Kobe's best season.

For 48 W\S, Wade is exactly tied with Bill Russell ALLTIME. LeBron is off the charts as well.

/thread

Awesome, lets end every thread with a manipulated/subjective statistical analysis and ignore the actual in-game observation.

lakerspng
04-14-2011, 10:38 PM

just hilarious stuff.

very disingenuous and you know it.

his first two years he was allowed to watch and learn and grow as a player without a lot of burden, correct. That most definitely helped him as a player.

the first 3-peat with Shaq he shared as much burden as Shaquille did. Shaq may have been the main reason they dominated the way they did, as he was simply an unstoppable force but... to say Kobe did not shoulder as much burden is ridiculous. Kobe played more minutes, initiated the offense, took the toughest defensive assignment, set up Shaq on the block constantly through penetration. Shaq feasted off Kobe's work. acting like that was a gift wrapped championship run for him, is ridiculous.

Coming onto a veteran championship caliber team helped Kobe, absolutely. It helped him become a better player. BUT in discussions like this on a message board it hurts him, because it reflects negatively on his personal stats, which personally I find idiotic. Stats do not make a player.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Are you really this dense?
Where is the double standard, maybe you should evaluate the purpose of this thread and not insert your own manifested agenda.

For example; in case you're still confused.
It wouldn't be a double standard to take away Kobe's first two year because you can't just compare their stats without at least including their MPG, their role on the team or their maturity as basketball players. Which is exactly what you did by simply summarizing their stats in their 3rd year... :oldlol: Irony in your posts is priceless.

The situations I mentioned in my preceding post summarizes those issues.

No.

Because its implying things that simply aren't true. People like you simply can't grasp how much of a toll it takes year in year out to carry a burden for a team. Kobe didn't have to do that for his first 8 years in the league like other true number 1 options.

Funny. Because you are the same people using rings and longevity as arguments.

You have to be consistent. Just because Kobe's bad years are much worse than Lebron's bad years doesn't make it fair to remove Kobe's years.

Do you not see that?

Its like you want to give a player a pass for not being good enough to help his team win for his first 3 years in the league even though the team around him was easily good enough to win rings.

Other players that came into the league and were better than Kobe, might have won rings right off the bat.

That is my point. You can't talk about one thing for one player and not do it for other players.

Ne 1
04-14-2011, 10:39 PM

http://www.whatifsports.com/NBA-l/profile_player.asp?pid=376&view=3

http://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/profile_player.asp?pid=2947&view=3

crosso√er
04-14-2011, 10:40 PM

his first two years he was allowed to watch and learn and grow as a player without a lot of burden, correct. That most definitely helped him as a player.

the first 3-peat with Shaq he shared as much burden as Shaquille did. Shaq may have been the main reason they dominated the way they did, as he was simply an unstoppable force but... to say Kobe did not shoulder as much burden is ridiculous. Kobe played more minutes, initiated the offense, took the toughest defensive assignment, set up Shaq on the block constantly through penetration. Shaq feasted off Kobe's work. acting like that was a gift wrapped championship run for him, is ridiculous.

Coming onto a veteran championship caliber team helped Kobe, absolutely. It helped him become a better player. BUT in discussions like this on a message board it hurts him, because it reflects negatively on his personal stats, which personally I find idiotic. Stats do not make a player.

Especially considering Shaquille got swept with Van Axel, E.Jones and Campbell on his team before Kobe becoming a starter. :oldlol:

Colby Brian
With PER both Wade and LeBron have had multiple seasons EACH that were better than Kobe's best season. And Wade owns 3 of the 4 best seasons between him and Kobe.

For 48 W\S, Wade is exactly tied with Bill Russell ALLTIME. LeBron is off the charts as well.

/thread

you just proved that PER and WS are hella flawed,
lebron 3rd GOAT, chris paul 5th, david robinson 2nd all time
magic johnson 13th, larry bird 19th in per hakeem 16th
:lol

Rysio

just hilarious stuff.

so because kobe was a 2nd option it means he didn't play as hard as all first options in the league? lol

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:41 PM

This post is exactly the problem. You want to claim he carried the same burden as Shaq. LOL....a complete farse.

And you want to give Kobe a ton of credit for his first 3 rings. You want to remove certain years of his career to make his stats look better.

Will you also remove his first ring when wasn't a great player yet?

You simply can't change a players' career around unless you stay consistent with others.

Why wouldn't you remove Lebron's first year at least. Its a total anomaly for his career overall.

I've never seen anyone remove KG's first 2 years either.

Round Mound
04-14-2011, 10:42 PM
46% is good for a SG but not for one who shoots over 15 FGAs PG

Kind of Like Malone shooting 46% for his play-off career

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:43 PM

just hilarious stuff.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217464

Kobe's playoff stats

2000- 21.1, 4.5, 4.4
2001- 29.4, 7.3, 6.1
2002- 26.6, 5.8, 4.6
2003- 32.1, 5.1, 5.2
2004- 24.5, 4.7, 5.5

lol not carrying a load

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:43 PM
so because kobe was a 2nd option it means he didn't play as hard as all first options in the league? lol

Play as hard? of course he did.

Carry the same burden? of course not.

Huge advantage playing 2nd fiddle to one of the greatest players every for 8 years (2 of those years as nothing but a bench player)

That goes a long way for Kobe's longevity.

And thats the point. Kobe had the luxury of winning titles when he wouldn't have been good enough to be the best player on a title team.

And that is why you can't have it both ways. Unless of course you do the same thing for other players.

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
This post is exactly the problem. You want to claim he carried the same burden as Shaq. LOL....a complete farse.

And you want to give Kobe a ton of credit for his first 3 rings. You want to remove certain years of his career to make his stats look better.

Will you also remove his first ring when wasn't a great player yet?

You simply can't change a players' career around unless you stay consistent with others.

Why wouldn't you remove Lebron's first year at least. Its a total anomaly for his career overall.

I've never seen anyone remove KG's first 2 years either.

BECAUSE GARNET, WADE, LEBRON, ECT ALL STARTED EVERY YEAR THEY PLAYED!!!!!!!
DO U UNDERSTAND

ARE YOU AN IDIOT?

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Play as hard? of course he did.

Carry the same burden? of course not.

Huge advantage playing 2nd fiddle to one of the greatest players every for 8 years (2 of those years as nothing but a bench player)

That goes a long way for Kobe's longevity.

And thats the point. Kobe had the luxury of winning titles when he wouldn't have been good enough to be the best player on a title team.

And that is why you can't have it both ways. Unless of course you do the same thing for other players.

Kobe's playoff stats

2000- 21.1, 4.5, 4.4
2001- 29.4, 7.3, 6.1
2002- 26.6, 5.8, 4.6
2003- 32.1, 5.1, 5.2
2004- 24.5, 4.7, 5.5

since 2001 it was 1a 1b

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:47 PM
BECAUSE GARNET, WADE, LEBRON, ECT ALL STARTED EVERY YEAR THEY PLAYED!!!!!!!
DO U UNDERSTAND

ARE YOU AN IDIOT?

And those years starting impact their numbers as well. They had no NBA experience and were thrust into carrying teams right off the bat.

Are you an idiot?

Do you not understand that Kobe gained valuable things his first 2 years that players in college did not know.

Do you realize that Kobe would have a lot more wear and tear on him right now if had to carry a team from day as the best player on his team for his first 8 years.

I can't wait until people start hating on Wade when he isn't as good as Kobe at age 32. Will people bring up stuff like this and start removing his poor years?

It doesn't make sense.

crosso√er
04-14-2011, 10:48 PM
No.

Because its implying things that simply aren't true. People like you simply can't grasp how much of a toll it takes year in year out to carry a burden for a team. Kobe didn't have to do that for his first 8 years in the league like other true number 1 options.

Funny. Because you are the same people using rings and longevity as arguments.

You have to be consistent. Just because Kobe's bad years are much worse than Lebron's bad years doesn't make it fair to remove Kobe's years.

Do you not see that?

Its like you want to give a player a pass for not being good enough to help his team win for his first 3 years in the league even though the team around him was easily good enough to win rings.

Other players that came into the league and were better than Kobe, might have won rings right off the bat.

That is my point. You can't talk about one thing for one player and not do it for other players.

:facepalm You simply can't teach a dog new tricks, it's hopeless to talk to someone like you. Might as well be talking to a brick wall who has 1) a flawed viewpoint and 2) is too dumb to actually admit or see it. And then proceeds to waste his time (and mine) trying to clarify or justify his view.

Just a total waste of time.
For instance; you said Kobe's "bad" years are far worse then LeBron's "bad years". And that we have to stay consistent...

Yet you posted their numbers in their 3rd years, respectively, without emphasizing variables like 1) role on their respective teams, 2) MPG or 3) previous development opportunities. All essential variables that must be considered.

Further more, you claimed how much better James & Wade were in their first season; yet once again, ignoring that both of them were given an opportunity to play starter minutes right away, be integral part of their respective teams and actually develop their games. Kobe had to play off the bench because Eddie Jones was a damn good SG back in the day, which clearly hindered his development and when he became a starer he had to share the ball with the best basketball player in the league (back in the day).

So who isn't being consistent here? Definitely not me, you're the only ignoring qualitative characteristics.

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:49 PM
And those years starting impact their numbers as well. They had no NBA experience and were thrust into carrying teams right off the bat.

Are you an idiot?

Do you not understand that Kobe gained valuable things his first 2 years that players in college did not know.

Do you realize that Kobe would have a lot more wear and tear on him right now if had to carry a team from day as the best player on his team for his first 8 years.

I can't wait until people start hating on Wade when he isn't as good as Kobe at age 32. Will people bring up stuff like this and start removing his poor years?

It doesn't make sense.

they had minutes to play way more minutes, and the green light
kobe rookie year - 15.5 mpg on lakers
lebron rookie year - 39.5 mpg ON CAVS worst team the year before

are you getting it now?

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:50 PM

Kobe's playoff stats

2000- 21.1, 4.5, 4.4
2001- 29.4, 7.3, 6.1
2002- 26.6, 5.8, 4.6
2003- 32.1, 5.1, 5.2
2004- 24.5, 4.7, 5.5

since 2001 it was 1a 1b

2nd fiddle. A great one, but a 2nd fiddle none the less.

4 of kobe's 5 most efficient years come from playing with shaq as well. Should we then alter Lebron's first 7 years because he didn't play with a player like Shaq.

A career is a career. If you want to talk about circumstances, you need to be consistent for other players.

Under your example, you give Lebron no credit at all for being much better straight out of high school.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
they had minutes to play way more minutes, and the green light
kobe rookie year - 15.5 mpg on lakers
lebron rookie year - 39.5 mpg ON CAVS worst team the year before

are you getting it now?

Because Lebron and those guys were ****ing better players. My god. This is why you can't just remove years.

Other players were better.

Should we remove this year for Duncan? He's worn down and given the burden he had to carry his entire career it makes sense.

Should this year not count for Duncan?

Grim
04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
why are we even discussing who was better coming out of HS? why do yall fukking care... wtf does this have to do with Kobe's stats as a starter

Micku
04-14-2011, 10:52 PM

Oh, that's pretty cool. I thought his playoff FG% would be lower than his regular season as a starter, but it's not. So that's cool. His output in the playoffs are virtually the same, except he is a bit more efficient.

His first few years in the league bump down his stats though. Rookie Kobe was a rookie, haha. I wonder how long could he keep this up? He's a bit bang up, but he still plays at a elite level. We'll see.

crosso√er
04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Because Lebron and those guys were ****ing better players. My god. This is why you can't just remove years.

Should we remove this year for Duncan? He's worn down and given the burden he had to carry his entire career it makes sense.

So you're saying if LeBron was drafted by the Bulls who had Jordan & Pippen; he would automatically start at SF?

James wasn't that great his first season, but he played starter minutes and had the opportunities to learn. Hence, his improvement in the 2 year was dramatic. Kobe never had those opportunities because he was traded for by a contending team who already had an all-star caliber SG on their roster.

You can remove years if qualitative characteristics aren't consistent between the two situations.

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 10:56 PM

not my point, you still dont get it :facepalm

crosso√er
04-14-2011, 10:56 PM
not my point, you still dont get it :facepalm

No and he won't, he's really dense.
Which is why I'm not going to reply anymore.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 10:59 PM
So you're saying if LeBron was drafted by the Bulls who had Jordan & Pippen; he would automatically start at SF?

James wasn't that great his first season, but he played starter minutes and had the opportunities to learn. Hence, his improvement in the 2 year was dramatic. Kobe never had those opportunities because he was traded for by a contending team who already had an all-star caliber SG on their roster.

You can remove years if qualitative characteristics aren't consistent between the two situations.

You can't do that.

Because Lebron having to play the way he did his first 4 years compared to Kobe is going to seriously cut off his total number of elite years in the league.

That is why you can't remove years. Kobe not only gained experience, but increased his longevity immensely by not having to carry a burden until really his 5th year in the league. And even then he was still the 2nd option.

So unless you stay consistent. You can't do it. And the starter thing is misleading.

KG started pretty much his first 2 years, but his numbers weren't great. don't you think its would be fair to remove his first 2 years as well.

how about removing this year for KG. he's got more wear and tear on his body and had to carry more of a burden than kobe early on.

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 11:00 PM
No and he won't, he's really dense.
Which is why I'm not going to reply anymore.

You're a ****ing moron.

You don't see the numerous flaws you issues you get into with doing this.

LOL

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 11:15 PM
You can't do that.

Because Lebron having to play the way he did his first 4 years compared to Kobe is going to seriously cut off his total number of elite years in the league.

That is why you can't remove years. Kobe not only gained experience, but increased his longevity immensely by not having to carry a burden until really his 5th year in the league. And even then he was still the 2nd option.

So unless you stay consistent. You can't do it. And the starter thing is misleading.

KG started pretty much his first 2 years, but his numbers weren't great. don't you think its would be fair to remove his first 2 years as well.

how about removing this year for KG. he's got more wear and tear on his body and had to carry more of a burden than kobe early on.

why you talkin about kg, he isnt in the same level as kobe

DMAVS41
04-14-2011, 11:17 PM
why you talkin about kg, he isnt in the same level as kobe
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Why do you like talkin about Kobe? He isn't on the same level as Wade or Lebron.

crosso√er
04-14-2011, 11:27 PM

Why do you like talkin about Kobe? He isn't on the same level as Wade or Lebron.

Right now, you are correct.
All-Time? :roll:

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 11:31 PM

:lol gtfo

lakerspng
04-14-2011, 11:32 PM

When they've accomplished half of what Kobe has, get back to me.

whoartthou
04-14-2011, 11:32 PM

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT..... KOBE CAN MAKE A SHOT FROM ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET! :roll:

whoartthou
04-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Im talkin about kobe right now,
anyways if i was talkin about mj i would remove 02 and 03
for other players what other years would i remove?

WHAT THE FK?!!? Did a kobe stan just admit he would remove MJS 39 year old years?

Because if you really would.. Mjs stats would be even more insane.

Most kobe stans love to include mjs years at the wizards... obviously to prop up mr.bryant

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 11:44 PM
WHAT THE FK?!!? Did a kobe stan just admit he would remove MJS 39 year old years?

Because if you really would.. Mjs stats would be even more insane.

Most kobe stans love to include mjs years at the wizards... obviously to prop up mr.bryant

mj didnt make the playoffs with wizards so that would affect his playoff stats, and if i was comparing i would remove kobe first 2 years and mjs last 2 years
mj is better, but there isnt a player that is close to mj like bryant

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 11:45 PM
BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT..... KOBE CAN MAKE A SHOT FROM ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET! :roll:

as a starter 46.4%

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217960

whoartthou
04-14-2011, 11:47 PM
as a starter 46.4%

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217960

BUT... BUT... Kobe can hit 3s with is eyes closed

Calabis
04-14-2011, 11:48 PM

Wonder why Lebron doesn't get this excuse:cry: please take away my first two years:eek: 28.9ppg 7.3 reb 7.1ast

This is the funniest Kobestan ploy, like Alpha wolf, he uses Kobe point avg, while removing his first 3 seasons.....that 28.?ppg crap pic he post in every thread, but yet in that same pic he includes Kobe's career total points:wtf: So you remove his low pt avg's, but use his point totals from those seasons:roll: Kobestans:facepalm worst mf'ers ever

Heat007
04-14-2011, 11:56 PM
LOL @ Kobe stans getting owned in this thread

Colby Brian
04-14-2011, 11:59 PM
LOL @ Kobe stans getting owned in this thread

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Miami%20Heat/umadmiamiheat-kobebryant-1.jpg

Colby Brian
04-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Wonder why Lebron doesn't get this excuse:cry: please take away my first two years:eek: 28.9ppg 7.3 reb 7.1ast

This is the funniest Kobestan ploy, like Alpha wolf, he uses Kobe point avg, while removing his first 3 seasons.....that 28.?ppg crap pic he post in every thread, but yet in that same pic he includes Kobe's career total points:wtf: So you remove his low pt avg's, but use his point totals from those seasons:roll: Kobestans:facepalm worst mf'ers ever

kobe was a bench player his first 2 years, i just put his numbers as a starter, why u mad?

Mr. I'm So Rad
04-15-2011, 12:07 AM

Ray Allen: 45.2 career FG%....so I guess he isn't a great shooter either right? :rolleyes:

Disaprine
04-15-2011, 12:18 AM
his first 2 years actually makes his legacy better, he goes for those seasons to averaging 25ppg 5rebs 5assitts 45fg% for his career. its the same with KG, his numbers are similar to tim duncan. its to bad tmac couldn't kept on his pace.

ballup
04-15-2011, 02:26 AM

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Miami%20Heat/umadmiamiheat-kobebryant-1.jpg
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5442/michaeljordank.png
I just had to :roll:

Colby Brian
04-15-2011, 06:34 PM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5442/michaeljordank.png
I just had to :roll:

lol in that photo kobe is missing an allstar mvp and a slam dunk title
plus hes 32 years old
but either way, mj the goat :bowdown:

whoartthou
04-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Ray Allen: 45.2 career FG%....so I guess he isn't a great shooter either right? :rolleyes:

The thing about kobe is how he goes about his shots. Such low iq shots...

Eat Like A Bosh
04-15-2011, 07:24 PM
I love this pic! :lol

LeFraud Shames
04-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Can't wait for ashbelly to disappear when the Heat get bounced.

Ne 1
04-15-2011, 08:28 PM
lol in that photo kobe is missing an allstar mvp and a slam dunk title
plus hes 32 years old
but either way, mj the goat :bowdown:

This is why LeBron stans have to use Jordan's trophy case:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/lol-1.png

crisoner
04-15-2011, 08:30 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
:roll:

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
08-11-2013, 05:42 PM
What are Kobe's stats as a starter now?

fpliii
08-11-2013, 05:51 PM
What are Kobe's stats as a starter now?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01/splits/

27.4/5.7/5.1/0.5/1.6 with 3.2 turnovers and 2.6 fouls on .455/.335/.841 shooting (.556 TS%) in 38.8 minutes.

EDIT: 27.4/5.4/5.1/0.7/1.5 with 3.1 turnovers and 3.0 fouls on .449/.335/.819 shooting (.544 TS%) in 41.4 minutes.

EDIT 2: Second line is in the playoffs.

fpliii
08-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Wrong

Bball-reference (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=bryanko01&match=combined&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_eds=Y&round_is_edf=Y&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wds=Y&round_is_wdf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=Y&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts)

From 1997 - 2013 (1091 Games *all starters*)

27.37 PPG / 5.68 REB / 5.13 AST / 0.51 BLK / 1.568 STL and 3.16 TO on 45.5% FG / 33.5 3PT% and 84.1 FT%

Which is approximately:

27.4 PPG / 5.7 REB / 5.1 AST / 0.5 BLK / 1.6 STL / 3.2 TO on 45.5% FG/ 33.5 3PT/ 84.1 FT%

The .51 is a typo. Second line is playoff stats though, forgot to mention. I have those numbers in the first line already.

fpliii
08-11-2013, 06:17 PM
^ Forgot to add 2.6 Fouls

Where did you get your numbers from?

I posted the link:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01/splits/

scroll down to Role - Starter. Just calculated SPG/BPG/TS%.

For the playoffs, from his player page, just click on the first season in the playoffs per game section in which he was starter (1998-99), it should be highlighted in blue. Then click on his last season. It'll bring up a box with his averages.

branslowski
08-11-2013, 09:50 PM

:roll: :roll:

Bandito
08-12-2013, 01:26 AM
Wrong

Bball-reference (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=bryanko01&match=combined&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_eds=Y&round_is_edf=Y&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wds=Y&round_is_wdf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=Y&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts)

From 1997 - 2013 (1091 Games *all starters*)

27.37 PPG / 5.68 REB / 5.13 AST / 0.51 BLK / 1.568 STL and 3.16 TO on 45.5% FG / 33.5 3PT% and 84.1 FT%

Which is approximately:

27.4 PPG / 5.7 REB / 5.1 AST / 0.5 BLK / 1.6 STL / 3.2 TO on 45.5% FG/ 33.5 3PT/ 84.1 FT%:bowdown: stats

madmax
08-12-2013, 01:55 AM
a taller allen iverson with a stacked team.

:applause:

G-Funk
08-12-2013, 03:26 AM
Kobe Bryant[starter]
27.4/5.7/5.1/0.5/1.6 with 3.2 turnovers and 2.6 fouls on .455/.335/.841 shooting (.556 TS%) in 38.8 minutes.

Michael Jordan
30.1/6.2/5.3/0.8/2.3 with 2.7 turnovers and 2.6 fouls on .497/.327/.835 shooting (.569 TS%) in 38.3 minutes.

Lebron James
27.6/7.3/6.9/0.8/1.7 with 3.3 turnovers and 1.9 fouls on .490/.337/.747 shooting (.575 TS%) in 39.7 minutes.

fpliii
08-12-2013, 03:31 AM
Kobe Bryant[starter]

Michael Jordan
30.1/6.2/5.3/0.8/2.3 with 2.7 turnovers and 2.6 fouls on .497/.327/.835 shooting (.569 TS%) in 38.3 minutes.

Lebron James
27.6/7.3/6.9/0.8/1.7 with 3.3 turnovers and 1.9 fouls on .490/.337/.747 shooting (.575 TS%) in 39.7 minutes.

Top 3 GOAT wings (Bird is a PF in my book).