PDA

View Full Version : Artisanal Cheeses Lovers Thread!!!

Ass Dan
04-16-2011, 02:24 AM
Ass Dan be lovin artisanal cheeses and wants to share with all his OCL compadres

http://www.artisanalcheese.com/cheese-of-the-month/images/MainImg.jpg

Yo, me and my homies kick it like Rockport, when we eatin our Roquefort
http://www.cheese-france.com/pict/roquefort.gif

Shit nikka, we be chillin the place to be, eatin some Brie
http://www.igourmet.com/images/topics/brie.jpg

after we clock that cheddar, we be snackin on some Cantal Cheddar
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/11/11/1257936608885/Cheddar-cheese-001.jpg

Wine her, dine her, then back to the crib for some Bachensteiner
http://www.formaggiokitchen.com/shop/images/bachensteiner.jpg

Me and my nikkas snack on Gruyere, like we care!!!
http://allstarme.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/big_gruyere.jpg

Legend of Josh
04-16-2011, 02:43 AM
You makin me hungry my e-ga. Matter fact, I got some bread. Sliced ham fresh from deliforna; OK maybe not Cali, but the cheese probably is. See, I thought all them cheese be from Wizconson, but later in RL I
found out CA > WI in the wonderful realm of cheese.

I did however make that trip up oh Wizzy. I had to see for myself if the legend was true or not. Yep, sure as hell is hot, there it was on the license plate of Meticode in big letters ... "MY WIFE"

Anyhow - I got ham, bread and pepper jack cheese. Sammich. I can't think of anything Bette after a nice old fashioned fap.

Ass Dan
04-16-2011, 02:52 AM
You makin me hungry my e-ga. Matter fact, I got some bread. Sliced ham fresh from deliforna; OK maybe not Cali, but the cheese probably is. See, I thought all them cheese be from Wizconson, but later in RL I
found out CA > WI in the wonderful realm of cheese.

I did however make that trip up oh Wizzy. I had to see for myself if the legend was true or not. Yep, sure as hell is hot, there it was on the license plate of Meticode in big letters ... "MY WIFE"

Anyhow - I got ham, bread and pepper jack cheese. Sammich. I can't think of anything Bette after a nice old fashioned fap.

Yeah Buddy!!!!!

Elle, Oh to the mutha f*ckin Jay in the howze!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend of Josh
04-16-2011, 03:13 AM
Ass Dan, as always in the place, pissing in the face of any YCC nicka, LOJ drop it like it hot baby doo doo squirts on their waist. Smear THUG LIFE across they stomeek, drop a bowling ball on their pecker for postin' some dumb sheet.

Hey but for real though, if I were a bit*h, and was runnin' low on the dough, I'd get on my knees for some cheese; and I ain't talkin' 'bout prayin' I'm talkin' 'bout suckin' off 'til it sprayin'. I so anything for some swiss, lick shit or swallow piss.

When it come to my cheese, e-ga please. "I got these cheeseburger man! ... I said I suck yo sick man!" ... "mutha Fu*ka what did you say!?" ... "I said I WILL SUCK YO DICK MAN!" ...

"zuuuumpt"

Lebowsky
04-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Do you know what's good? Get your brie, cut it into small triangles and coat it in batter. Fry it and eat it with tomato or cranberry jam. Delicious.

Eat Like A Bosh
04-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Looking good!

craigthomasb
04-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Tallegio and smoked cheese FTW

1manfastbreak
04-16-2011, 01:48 PM
you a wineo too ass dan? maybe a nice Pinot Nior? or maybe something lighter in a Sauvignon Blanc

Ass Dan
04-16-2011, 03:34 PM
you a wineo too ass dan? maybe a nice Pinot Nior? or maybe something lighter in a Sauvignon Blanc

love me some Pinot Noir!:cheers:

Ass Dan
04-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Tallegio and smoked cheese FTW

now you talkin!

Stinky Dog
04-17-2011, 01:46 PM
cheese is a huge vice of mine. i don't digest it well but i eat it all the time. sometimes multiple times a day. i love french food so that is part of the reason.

if im at the grocery store i like really creamy cheeses. dessert cheeses.

also can never go wrong with gruyere.

lately been having a lot of warm goat cheese salads which tastes like heaven in your mouth.

Dolphin
04-17-2011, 01:48 PM
cheese is a huge vice of mine. i don't digest it well but i eat it all the time. sometimes multiple times a day. i love french food so that is part of the reason.

if im at the grocery store i like really creamy cheeses. dessert cheeses.

also can never go wrong with gruyere.

lately been having a lot of warm goat cheese salads which tastes like heaven in your mouth.

Goat cheese is my #1 discovery of last year. We used to put feta cheese in our salads, but one day the store ran out so we tried goat cheese. Epic turn of events. Don't know how we didn't try it before last year, but it's way better than feta.

Stinky Dog
04-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Goat cheese is my #1 discovery of last year. We used to put feta cheese in our salads, but one day the store ran out so we tried goat cheese. Epic turn of events. Don't know how we didn't try it before last year, but it's way better than feta.
definitely some epic shit. warm that goat cheese up next time it will flip your whole world upside down (if you haven't experienced it already)...

my perfect salad consists of warm goat cheese, arugula, candy pecans, raspberries, a light vinaigrette, cherry tomatoes. more like a dessert :D

Dolphin
04-17-2011, 01:55 PM
definitely some epic shit. warm that goat cheese up next time it will flip your whole world upside down (if you haven't experienced it already)...

my perfect salad consists of warm goat cheese, arugula, candy pecans, raspberries, a light vinaigrette, cherry tomatoes. more like a dessert :D

never warmed it up. Gotta try it.

I usually do mixed field greens, flavoured goat cheese, pecans, red onions, strawberries, small skinless chicken strips and a light strawberry vinaigrette.

Stinky Dog
04-17-2011, 01:56 PM
never warmed it up. Gotta try it.

I usually do mixed field greens, flavoured goat cheese, pecans, red onions, strawberries, small skinless chicken strips and a light strawberry vinaigrette.
that sounds wonderful too. lean boneless chicken in salad is pretty much an ideal meal for me.

Jailblazers7
04-17-2011, 01:58 PM
I was at a wedding last night and they had an epic selection of cheeses during the happy hour before the dinner. There had to be 30 different cheeses to pick from.

It was a great reception except for the fact that the bride & groom danced to Nickleback as their wedding song lol.

Stinky Dog
04-17-2011, 01:59 PM
I was at a wedding last night and they had an epic selection of cheeses during the happy hour before the dinner. There had to be 30 different cheeses to pick from.

It was a great reception except for the fact that the bride & groom danced to Nickleback as their wedding song lol.
wow i never met anyone that listens to nickelback. i might have to dance to their stuff at my wedding for the sheer irony of it, lol.

Dolphin
04-17-2011, 02:59 PM
wow i never met anyone that listens to nickelback. i might have to dance to their stuff at my wedding for the sheer irony of it, lol.

Why is a pimp like you getting married?

Stinky Dog
04-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Why is a pimp like you getting married?
Ha when you meet the right girl you'll wanna lock her down :D

craigthomasb
04-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Ha when you meet the right girl you'll wanna lock her down :D

yeah with tape and keep her in the basement, no need for wifey

Ass Dan
04-29-2011, 02:43 PM
yeah with tape and keep her in the basement, no need for wifey

Yeah, stank dog means lock her UP. or chain her to the bed post. Booyeah!

Legend of Josh
04-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah, stank dog means lock her UP. or chain her to the bed post. Booyeah!

Boo-yaa is the sound from unloading the clip
Can't feel me, if I was crack you'd try to steal me
Heard you, and your little crew, wanna peel me
Keep your hands on your hood, you get got
The Green-Eyed Bandit, Cypress Hill, and the Funk Doctor Spock
You wish you could hang, like I hang
Dwells in the C-P-T, the hood thing
G, the trigga finger, I'ma get you
Hit you, the Tech 9, I'ma split you
Ain't no poppin, no stoppin
Tick to the tock, tick tock I hit your block
Throw your hands in the air, don't bite this
I squeeze, ***** please, the E down with Cypress

Best spit ever from Mc Ehit.

:rockon:

Ass Dan
08-26-2014, 09:10 AM
whatever happened
to the muthafakkin
STANK DEE OH GEE?

gigantes
05-14-2015, 12:26 PM
there's a french restaurant next door that has an amazing cheese cart. seems that some of the cheeses get imported to the states without the extra pasteurisation that normally happens.

http://img.izismile.com/img/img8/20150514/640/daily_picdump_1813_640_04.jpg
i be all like...

rufuspaul
05-14-2015, 12:35 PM
there's a french restaurant next door that has an amazing cheese cart. seems that some of the cheeses get imported to the states without the extra pasteurisation that normally happens.

The cheese cart is the one thing about French cooking I don't get. They bring it at the end of the meal, just before dessert. Here I've just stuffed my face with all this amazing food and now I'm supposed to eat a few wedges of cheese and still be able to dive into something rich and sweet.

The cheese is usually amazing though. Still I'd rather have it as an appetizer with cocktails.

gigantes
05-14-2015, 12:46 PM
ah, really? at this place you can order it whenever you want. plus, the frommagier (or whatever the word is) knows all two dozen or so cheeses intimately and can ramble on forever if you let him.

awesome highlight for a date, for example.

actually haute cuisine i'm not too crazy about, so something like this and whistlepig rye is the main reason i go there sometimes.

Type 2
05-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Melted cheddar is the best.

Hittin_Shots
05-14-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm not into cheese someone's been intimate with.

rufuspaul
05-14-2015, 12:54 PM
ah, really? at this place you can order it whenever you want. plus, the frommagier (or whatever the word is) knows all two dozen or so cheeses intimately and can ramble on forever if you let him.

awesome highlight for a date, for example.

actually haute cuisine i'm not too crazy about, so something like this and whistlepig rye is the main reason i go there sometimes.

Sounds great. :cheers:

Type 2
05-14-2015, 12:56 PM
I'm not into cheese someone's been intimate with.

I wouldn't try my swiss in that case.

BigNBAfan
05-14-2015, 01:04 PM
There is no one favorite but apple-wood gouda is some of the best.

I dont know what's up with Brie and why westerners love it so much. That's our version of cheap melt. you can get a kilo for a few euros... it's alright, generally eat it with dehydrated grapes or dates.

DeuceWallaces
05-14-2015, 01:06 PM
We eat so much damn cheese.

Of course, before the meal with wine or cocktails.

JEFFERSON MONEY
05-14-2015, 06:23 PM
We eat so much damn cheese.

Of course, before the meal with wine or cocktails.

Heh this man knows how to create a classy atmosphere.

Got to ask though, you don't do sauerkraut/kimchi/cabbage with a salad prior for overall gut health?

gigantes
05-14-2015, 07:26 PM
one of the tables at the farmers market does gourmet sauerkraut. since it's made for local consumption it needs much less salt than normal and worlds less than for kimchi.

i usually mix in some red pepper and carrot squiggles and it's a great little snack i nosh all through the week. it would probably go nicely with a mild soft cheese, like a brie.

http://i1.wp.com/www.aboutstark.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Flea_Kraut.jpg

another stand sells kombucha for gut health, but kombucha seems a little controversial from what i've read.

LJJ
05-14-2015, 07:52 PM
gourmet sauerkraut.

:biggums:

You muricans.

gigantes
05-14-2015, 08:17 PM
:biggums:

You muricans.
i don't get your point. they do the same thing in germany, austria, etc.

LJJ
05-14-2015, 08:34 PM
i don't get your point. they do the same thing in germany, austria, etc.

Some nice home made sauerkraut or farmer's market sauerkraut is cool. My grandma used to make it. It's nice, simple food. Easy to make, easy to prepare.

However just because it's made in some guy's attic rather than a factory doesn't mean it has anything to do with "gourmet". Not hating, it's just humorous to me that gourmet sauerkraut is a thing in America.

It's kind of like if we called McDonalds "gourmet food" and ate Big Macs and French Fries like this:
http://i.imgur.com/MzaytSW.jpg

gigantes
05-14-2015, 08:48 PM
what are those items on the plate?

all i meant by "gourmet" is that they offer different recipe variations, like whiskey, caraway seed or red cabbage. artisanal, if you like. if that's humorous for whatever reason then okay.

back in south america i've never seen sauerkraut in homes or markets. so they have it in your country...?

LJJ
05-14-2015, 09:11 PM
That's a serviette on the plate. Anyway yeah, sauerkraut is one of our traditional foods so it's easy to find anywhere. It's also one of the cheapest vegetables you can buy.

gigantes
05-15-2015, 12:54 PM
dude...... i'm talking about the thing above the serviette and fancy napkin ring... a fancy toothpick maybe?

DeuceWallaces
05-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Heh this man knows how to create a classy atmosphere.

Got to ask though, you don't do sauerkraut/kimchi/cabbage with a salad prior for overall gut health?

I don't care for pickled cabbages.

We have a nice earthy mushroom soft-ripened and a tangy triple cream lined up for tonight.

Bottle of merlot, bottle of cab, and followed by a spatchcocked whole organic chicken on the grill.

Jasi
05-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Cheese lover here.

My first contribution to this thread is of course one of the many local traditions in Italy.

This is my favourite, it's called Stracciatella.
("Stracciatella" is also the name of two other types of food in Italy: icecream and a soup. They all share the presence of shredded bits of something).

https://www.cookipedia.co.uk/wiki/images/thumb/9/9a/Stracciatella_di_Bufala_cheese.jpg/300px-Stracciatella_di_Bufala_cheese.jpg

It's a soft stretched-curd cheese made from the milk of Italian buffalo.

Top 3 delicacy for me.

DeuceWallaces
05-15-2015, 09:13 PM
I don't care for pickled cabbages.

We have a nice earthy mushroom soft-ripened and a tangy triple cream lined up for tonight.

Bottle of merlot, bottle of cab, and followed by a spatchcocked whole organic chicken on the grill.

http://i.imgur.com/lmDt6R0.png

Lamar Doom
05-15-2015, 09:16 PM
I've been noshing on Manchego lately.

What up Deuce? That bird looks great.

Balla_Status
05-15-2015, 09:58 PM
The shopska salad I had in Bulgaria was awesome...goddamn the cheese over there was amazing.

Caprese salad as well...I never had slices of tomatoes with cheese like that before. Tastes amazing.

outbreak
05-15-2015, 11:10 PM
Is regular cheese in America as bad as TV tells me it is?