PDA

View Full Version : April 20: Playoffs round 1, Nuggets at Thunder, Game 2

Pages : [1] 2

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 06:53 PM
There isn't a pinned topic for whatever reason and tip-off is just over an hour away so here's a game thread!

Game 1 featured some weird play by both teams. Denver couldn't miss a shot in the first half and no one in OKC besides KD and Westy showed up Sunday night. It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight.

Kmart mentioned he wasn't a fan of the defensive gameplan on KD a couple of days ago...I hope this means they're going to double him up. He plays his best in a lot of those cases. He'll kill them with the catch and shoot off screens.

OKC needs to find an answer for Nene and Gallinari. They killed the Thunder in game 1.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Really hope Nene comes out the same way. During the season seems like he lays up alot of things he can dunk and isn't as aggressive. Liked seeing him throwing everything down that was near the rim.

Ty needs to take it at Westbrook. Nobody's stopping him from getting into the lane, and all tho he can't finish nowhere near close to the level Westbrook can he can still make plays from doing so.

Interested to see what Denver does with Durant.

Small part of me is thinking Denver win, or OKC blow out.

YouCallILose
04-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Have a feeling Thunder win this one comfortably although I hope its close so Durant has to put up 40+ again

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Pregame Primer from OKC perspective:
http://www.dailythunder.com/2011/04/nuggets-vs-thunder-game-2-pregame-primer/

Getting that first game out of the way was big. Having a 1-0 cushion and a little pressure off I think will help the Thunder more than you think. But here’s the thing: Denver only came to OKC really looking for a split. And that’s still very much on the table.

Taking a 2-0 lead to Denver is big for a lot of reasons (the biggest that you’re up 2-0…) but not giving the Nuggets any added confidence is very large. Taking control of a series like this entirely is what OKC needs to do and the opportunity is there tonight.

Obviously the Nuggets main focus will be to tone down Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook a bit. And I agree with George Karl. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook aren’t going to average 70 points a game together for this series. They’re really good, but not that good.

But here’s news to Karl: James Harden isn’t going to average just five a game either.

That was the Thunder sixth man’s output from Game 1 where he went 0-4 from 3 and 1-5 from the field. Since the trade that sent Jeff Green to Boston, Harden averaged more than 16 points per game and almost 20 the last couple weeks of the season. He’s a legit third scorer for the Thunder and a player Scott Brooks can turn to when in need of extra offense. Shutting down Durant is priority one for Denver, then Westbrook. The Nuggets caught a break with Harden being off in Game 1. Don’t count on that happening again.

Both teams shot the ball extremely well in Game 1. Durant and Westbrook combined to go 18-25 on jumpshots. Can these teams keep it up? Both teams are gifted offensively and have scorers all over the floor, but maintaining a 50 percent clip in the playoffs no less is difficult. Will it continue? I say no, which means this game will likely be more about defense and rebounding. Who has the edge there? Probably the Thunder.

I know that I’m not nearly as anxious or terrified heading to the arena tonight. That doesn’t mean anything of course but I feel like the team will be a bit more relaxed as well. The Thunder won Sunday despite playing a good amount of poor basketball. OKC is better than Denver. It’s hard to argue with 3-0. But if the Thunder slacks in any way, the Nuggets will beat them. I have a good feeling though. Which is what is starting to scare me most.

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Pregame Primer/Game 1 breakdown from Denver perspective:
http://www.roundballminingcompany.com/

In the Denver Nuggets’ attempt to turn conventional wisdom on its head, score one for conventional wisdom. After posting exceptional offensive efficiency numbers early in the game, weathering a furious charge in the second and third quarters, and batting tooth and nail in the fourth Denver found themselves leading the Thunder 101-100 with three minutes left. They would not make another basket the rest of the night.

The only way the Nuggets’ closer by committee would fail was if either no one was hot or if some player tried to force becoming hot. Well, There was certainly no hot player the Nuggets could turn to. Instead of attempting to earn a good look by passing and cutting the Nuggets tried to force something out of their bread and butter, the pick and roll.

The final few possessions following Gallo’s nice jumper went like this:

* Felton runs pick and roll with Nene, misses a contested floater in the lane.
* Felton runs pick and roll with Nene, misses a forced contested layup.
* Gallinari runs pick and roll with Nene, faced with a switch by Kendrick Perkins he dribbles out of bounds.
* After a timeout, which was preceded by what was almost another Gallo turnover as he fumbled a pass, Felton runs pick and roll with Nene, kicks out to Kenyon who misses an open 22 footer (although Kenyon had to shoot with only 3 seconds left on the shot clock).
* After a timeout they ran a crossing route for Lawson who was supposed to come off two screens across the court and catch the ball on the right wing. Westbrook jumped it closing off the passing lane and after some confusion they ran a hand off between Nene and Felton, Felton missed a quasi-open 3 badly with three Thunder players in the vicinity.
* After a timeout Gallo was held on hand off attempt from Nene and Danilo made both free throws.
* Down four with time expiring J.R. misses shot at the buzzer.

There was confusion and forced shots. The team seemed to struggle executing the plays drawn up in the huddle after timeouts and they seemed a little too content to run the clock forcing them into shots such as Kenyon’s ill-fated 22 footer when the shot clock was running down.

The Thunder on the other hand rode the hot hand of the player most expected to win the MVP before the season started as Kevin Durant showed his ability to make shots regardless of how little space he has to shoot or how far from the rim he is. Durant poured in 25 second half points converting 9-13 from the floor and 4-4 from the line. Combined with Russell Westbrook’s 21 point first half it was enough to carry the Thunder past the increasingly sloppy and discombobulated Nuggets.

After re-watching the game through the power of Synergy it confirmed my belief that the Nuggets actually did a pretty good job on Westbrook. He was not allowed free access to the lane and scored his points on long jumpers, the weakest aspect of his game. If the Thunder need Westbrook to play like that every night, it bodes well for Denver.

Regarding Durant, I was surprised the Nuggets chose to cover Durant straight up all night. They did very little switching and when they did it was a matter of trying to get a better defender on him, not by design. He was able to get in a very smooth rhythm and Denver did nothing to try to get him out of it.

The Nuggets who took turns checking the Wiry Bomber included Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Martin and Felton. It seemed to me that as expected Chandler did the best against Durant as he was most effective of playing with some physicality and pushing KD a little further from the hoop than he would typically like to be, but Chandler did not do so with enough consistency to make a difference.

The bad news for Denver was they were able to get Durant to settle for numerous long jumpers, especially in the second half, and Westbrook was kept out of the lane and off the line plus the two supporting cast provided very little help with only Eric Maynor making a major impact from a scoring standpoint and the Thunder still won.

The good news is while the rest of the Thunder players will surely provide more of a boost in the future, it is difficult to fathom Durant and Westbrook doing this game after game.

Offensively the Nuggets failed completely in two areas I projected they must succeed in to win this series. First on everyone’s mind is the horrific free throw shooting. I would like to know what the coaching staff has done to try to solve this problem. I believe a practice full of nothing other than long sprint sessions followed by free throw shooting sessions followed by long springing sessions followed by more free throw shooting sessions followed by more running and free throw shooting would be in order. Denver converted on only 21 of 33 free throws and every one of those misses was a killer in such a tight game.

The other area Denver must improve on is their three point shooting. Denver made only ten of 30 three point attempts in the two previous post trade contests versus the Thunder. That must improve and early in the game the Nuggets looked like they had their eye from behind the arc back. Gallinari and Chandler each made shots from downtown in the first 2:08 and when Al Harrington converted a three from the corner on Denver’s second possession of the second quarter the Nuggets matched their biggest lead of 13. It would also be the final three point shot Denver would make all night going 0-11 over the final 35 minutes of the game.

The biggest difference in the game, and possibly the series, was the Thunder made an important half time adjustment on how they defended Ty Lawson. They pre-rotated help to his side when he had the ball, whether there was a screen waiting or not. As a result he did not have much room to operate and he grew passive. By the end of the game Lawson was a mere afterthought and much of the offense was initiated by Felton. As notated above in our recounting of the final three minutes, Felton was not sharp finishing the fourth quarter having made only one of his five attempts.

Even when Karl drew up an out of bounds play for Lawson, the Thunder bracketed him off the screens to prevent him from getting the ball. Denver was hurt by Lawson’s passive response to the way he was defended. Most players who have a play of that significance drawn up for them will circle back and do whatever they can to get the ball. On that play it was Felton who reacted that way as Lawson stood along the sideline waiting for someone else to make a play.

Regardless of the situation Lawson must be more aggressive in gashing the OKC defense. Even if help is ready, he is quick enough to exploit the gaps between defenders and he is the lone Nugget who can force the Thunder to overcommit players and open up the floor for everyone else. Denver also fell into the trap of running one pick and roll and if it did not work the possession turned into a mad scramble. As I pointed out in my preview the Nuggets need to be more patient and run some action or even a first pick and roll to soften up the defense where they can reverse the ball and hit the Thunder with another pick and roll.

As long as Lawson allows himself to be taken out of the action Denver will struggle to keep up with OKC. Did I sufficiently pound that point into the ground?

All in all, it was a great effort by the Nuggets and they certainly made a good showing against a very good team on the road. My primary concern at this point is after Denver had such a great start to the game only to see the Thunder roar back and pull out a third straight win that OKC may have placed significant doubts in the heads of the Nuggets. I believed this was a crucial game for Denver to avoid such a scenario. However, as long as Denver can pull off a win in game two, they should be fine as I expect them to play well in Denver as long as they are not demoralized.

Additional Nuggets

* Denver needs to take Eric Maynor and Daequan Cook more seriously when they are in the game. Maynor has killed Denver in two of their last three matchups and Cook has gotten too many open looks including a momentum swinging three in the second quarter that put an end to Denver’s double digit lead for good.
* There has been a lot of talk about how much Arron Afflalo could help on Durant and Westbrook. I do not think Afflalo will be any better on Durant than Chandler, but he could help provide more length against Westbrook although it would create a bit of a defensive mismatch on whoever OKC has playing shooting guard. As I stated earlier though, I did not think Lawson and Felton did a poor job against him. Westbrook knows he can rise up and shoot over either one and that is the shot Denver wants him to shoot.
* Denver did not run at all in the second half despite Karl imploring them to do so.
* There was a great deal of consternation about Wilson Chandler not being on the floor in place of Kenyon Martin on the dreadful final possession, but credit the Thunder with forcing Denver into a bad shot. Had the play worked as designed Kenyon would have been closer to the rim in position to finish off a dump off pass or on a put back. Chandler displayed some very poor shot selection after hitting his first two jumpers and I do not see any reason why Karl should have felt the need to reinsert him on such a vital possession.
* The NBA admitted on Monday that the game winning basket was indeed illegal to which I pull out a phrase from my childhood, “no duh.” The funny thing is during the broadcast the TNT crew gave credit for the basket to Westbrook because it was so obvious that if Perkins did indeed touch it that it was offensive interference. As difficult as that play was to swallow if Denver does not break down offensively, it would not have mattered one bit.

kaiiu
04-20-2011, 07:08 PM
what comes on 1st, this or Lakers game?

Anyway hope Durant drops 40 + again:rockon:

50inchvertical
04-20-2011, 07:09 PM
I decided not to go. I was falling asleep in my chair at work all day Monday :oldlol: I didn't even resell my ticket for that much, seemed like interest was relatively low for this game compared to game 1 and definitely compared to the Lakers series last yr.

I hope we win obviously, and uncontroversially. I've been reading some of the stuff they're posting on DenverPost and it's hilarious. Their journalists are calling OUR players thugs, and cocky, and taking all sorts of ill conceived shots. It's hilarious.

The Thunder are giving out another blue shirt today, so that'd make all 5 playoff games in our history free shirts. I didn't get a rally towel last game though, showed up too late.

YouCallILose
04-20-2011, 07:09 PM
what comes on 1st, this or Lakers game?

Anyway hope Durant drops 40 + again:rockon:

Denver-OKC starts in 52 minutes. Lakers starts in 3 hours 22 minutes

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 07:11 PM
I decided not to go. I was falling asleep in my chair at work all day Monday :oldlol:

I don't even want to hear it! I drove from OKC back to Austin overnight. Got home in time to eat lunch, get dressed, and go to work. I slept well Tuesday night to say the least. :oldlol:

PBJ_Time
04-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Ibaka roar!

mans1ay3r
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
If this ends up being a close game, refs owe Nuggets one. :oldlol:

LOGoods7
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Link anybody?

TaLvsCuaL
04-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Link anybody?
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/basketball.html

Kobe Jnr
04-20-2011, 08:13 PM
I need link please.

Thanks

1rkrage
04-20-2011, 08:14 PM
lol perkins

PBJ_Time
Flagrant?

LOGoods7

Kobe Jnr
fanks

Doranku
04-20-2011, 08:15 PM
What a soft flagrant. Just because he hit the ground hard... :facepalm

PBJ_Time
What a soft flagrant. Just because he hit the ground hard... :facepalm
For real.

GOBB
Flagrant?

Yes, he didnt go for the ball.

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 08:17 PM
OKC needs to take advantage of this bad start by Denver.

YouCallILose
04-20-2011, 08:18 PM

you're a clown, that was a joke of a call

1rkrage
oo a goaltending call

GOBB
Wilson Chandler makes some bad decisions. Had Kmart wide open.

PBJ_Time
04-20-2011, 08:20 PM
It wasn't a flagrant.

GOBB
04-20-2011, 08:21 PM
you're a clown, that was a joke of a call

Same idiot who said that wasnt an offensive goaltend game 1? Then said if it was it is a stupid rule to have? And ended the stupidity rant by saying it didnt matter if they counted the points anyway, it effected nothing. Ok, sounds like something a CLOWN would say to me.

*honks ur red nose*

That was a flagrant. Period.

Jasi
Gallo playing some good D on Durantula for the moment.

NuggetsFan
Garbage start by Denver. Love Gallo defending Durant. Has the size to contest and really puts forth the energy.

Nene and Chandler need to quit taking the jumpers. Nene's took like what? 3 jumpers? Time to take it inside.

GOBB
It wasn't a flagrant.

He didnt go for the ball. He fouled him hard. Thats a flagrant. Sorry you're still stuck in the late 80's.

Its 2011. Wake up.

YouCallILose
04-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Gallo playing some good D on Durantula for the moment.

They played good D on Durant in game 1..it's not like he was getting wide open looks. He was just destroying everyone they put on him

Jasi
04-20-2011, 08:24 PM
They played good D on Durant in game 1..it's not like he was getting wide open looks. He was just destroying everyone they put on him

Playing good D isn't just about not letting your opponent get open looks, you know

Doranku
When is Afflalo supposed to be back?

YouCallILose
Kenyon Martin is such a piece of shit

GOBB
04-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Ibaka flopping. :oldlol:

Sick reverse by Ty Lawson!!! Where was the foul call? Geeze

OKCThunderUP
KMart being a *****.

PBJ_Time
He didnt go for the ball. He fouled him hard. Thats a flagrant. Sorry you're still stuck in the late 80's.

Its 2011. Wake up.
It was no different than any other foul except he fell hard. That's what they called. You can't say he wasn't going after the ball. Would you say that for any other foul where there was no contact with the ball?

Not to mention, Ibaka just got jacked...DEFINITELY wasn't playing a ball.

Jasi
Well done Kenyon, let them know you're gonna play hard

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Denver having a first quarter meltdown.

drizzy0503
04-20-2011, 08:27 PM
All I can tell so far is that Denver is not playing smart at all.

Assassin
Very good D by the Thunder.

TaLvsCuaL
WTF is doing Denver?? :facepalm

Jasi
How about boxing out, Kenyon

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 08:28 PM
OKC is playing some outstanding defense so far tonight. Jesus.

GOBB
04-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Jr Smith wasnt fouled???? Funny

It was no different than any other foul except he fell hard. That's what they called. You can't say he wasn't going after the ball. Would you say that for any other foul where there was no contact with the ball?

Not to mention, Ibaka just got jacked...DEFINITELY wasn't playing a ball.

You're clueless. Watch the replay. He made no play on the ball. Take the blinders off. :rolleyes:

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 08:29 PM
How's that not a foul on J.R? wtf? :oldlol:

asdf1990
04-20-2011, 08:30 PM
a missed foul call on smith followed by a charge being called a blocking foul nice.

Doranku
J.R. just got mugged. :oldlol:

macpierce
JR got bodied up there........should have been a foul

HEAT111
Nene got robbed :facepalm

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Karl got T-ed up during the break. Harden will take 2 and KD will take another.

dbronx42
Wow the refs are shitting all over Denver again... First JR gets clocked, and then Nene takes a clear charge, but of course its called a block. What a joke.

It couldn't be more obvious who Stern wants to advance out of this round.

Blue.Legend
Refs should be jumped.

They want the thunders to advance.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
What a f*cking joke. I was worried about the refs giving Denver some help after the NBA apology, guess not.

AMISTILLILL
04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Man, this got ugly quick.

GOBB
04-20-2011, 08:33 PM

Stern? Shut up. :oldlol:

Alonzo Magic
JR should have been going to the line there. That was blatant as hell.

BrentISballin
The refs also let Nene get away with that ugly walk earlier, let stop complaining. The nuggets are playing like a street ball team right now

Kaspah
The ref's officiating tis game are doing horrible. This is so one sided.

Ugly.

Clutch
It seems like Knicks aren't the only team who got robbed :lol

icewill36
04-20-2011, 08:34 PM
do u guys ever stop bitching about the refs ? do u even notice the nuggets are playing like sh!t ?

PBJ_Time
Jr Smith wasnt fouled???? Funny

You're clueless. Watch the replay. He made no play on the ball. Take the blinders off. :rolleyes:
No blinders here, clown. There was nothing unnecessary, excessive, or intentional about that call. That is a non-flagrant 99% of the time. This game is for big boys. Perhaps you should go watch a game at the Y or something.

OKCThunderUP
What is Denver even doing? Zero assists in the quarter? This team thrives on moving the ball and right now everyone's trying to just get their own...

Jasi
Wow the refs are shitting all over Denver again... First JR gets clocked, and then Nene takes a clear charge, but of course its called a block. What a joke.

Dude, OKC have double the points than Denver, I didn't see the refs scoring for OKC you know

G-train
2nd round teams overcome a few bad ref calls.
Let's see what Denver are made of.

YouCallILose
LeBron has never been called for using his free arm as an arm bar

icewill36
04-20-2011, 08:35 PM
makeup call

NuggetsFan
No tech on Westbrook? told the ref it was f*cking bullshit. Gay.

che guevara
How the **** did JR not get a call there? How much more blatant can a foul get? You can except 5+ AWFUL calls when Dick Bavetta is reffing a game.

OKCThunderUP
Denver is getting destroyed on the boards. Wow.

YouCallILose
04-20-2011, 08:37 PM
haha blowout city

GOBB
No blinders here, clown. There was nothing unnecessary, excessive, or intentional about that call. That is a non-flagrant 99% of the time. This game is for big boys. Perhaps you should go watch a game at the Y or something.

*checks location*
*checks usertag*

Yeah no blinders you f*cking liar. :rolleyes:

The Decision
WTF JR didn't touch him? Refs dominating this game. :lol

Atmo
04-20-2011, 08:38 PM
That 3 point foul :facepalm Refs:facepalm

GOBB
04-20-2011, 08:38 PM
do u guys ever stop bitching about the refs ? do u even notice the nuggets are playing like sh!t ?

Denver isnt playing well. And there are also bad calls/no calls by the refs.

Real simple.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 08:39 PM
lmao gotta start looking ahead to game 3.

OKCThunderUP
Bad calls aside, OKC is ****ing STYLING on Denver right now.

redhonda76
another bad call. Harden already released the shot before any fake contact.

XSNiper
Wow, just got home to see OKC DOMINATING the Nuggets.

Clutch
http://www.choctawcasinos.com/portals/0/custom/617/3_584_1_bingo-blowout-551x312.jpg

KOBEtherealKing
04-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Well this game is boring. Turning to spurs vs memphis.

TaLvsCuaL
Rape

PBJ_Time
*checks location*
*checks usertag*

Yeah no blinders you f*cking liar. :rolleyes:
Because location means you can't be objective at all...

I call it how I see it, period. Don't question my integrity, joker.

The Decision
Wow, just got home to see the REFS DOMINATING the Nuggets.

I fixed it for you.

Rajondo
What a pathetic start by Denver in a god damn playoff game, get your shit together Nuggets.

The bitching about the refs is laughable.

Kaspah
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Im really trying to get into this game.

Why does it seem like it's soo one sided? I hate to sound like one of those kids insisting the NBA is rigged, but jees this seems fishy.

Having a hard time watching.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Denver's playing awful so can't really complain about the refs. OKC playing good. Little bit upsetting that when Denver came out in game 1 shooting 70%, OKC got a little love from the refs.

Denver needs J.R to get into the zone or some shit. Got themselves in a pretty big hole after one :lol

GOBB
04-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Because location means you can't be objective at all...

I call it how I see it, period. Don't question my integrity, joker.

And you have no clue what a flagrant foul is. And stop pretending you dont have on blinders kid. :no:

icewill36
04-20-2011, 08:42 PM

Why does it seem like it's soo one sided? I hate to sound like one of those kids insisting the NBA is rigged, but jees this seems fishy.

what is fishy about one team playing bad, and one team playing good ?

dbronx42
04-20-2011, 08:43 PM
I have NEVER seen a team be getting so screwed by calls from the refs 2 games into a series... This is just absolutely ridiculous. OKC is getting little touch fouls, while Denver players are getting tackled with no whistle.

The NBA is garbage. Refs own the game.

Cangri
I feel bad for JR, first he gets CLEARLY hacked and no call, then they strip him and the ball doesn't touch JR and they call it on him. Then they call a WEAK 3 point foul on him.

liquidrage
STFU about the refs. Nene got that ridiculous blocking call against Ibaka when he jumped into him from 6 feet away and threw that crap shot up. The push off on Westrbook was weak, that would be called 100x a game if they called that one. That counters a missed call again Ibaka and the soft but legit (see the Westbrook call) on Harden.

OKC's just schooling them because of course Denver isn't going to start off most games like 15 of 20. Denver has a run or two in them for sure so it's not like it's over anyways.

OKCThunderUP

It's not that one-sided. Denver has gotten a couple of calls too (the offensive foul on Westbrook and the flagrant on Perkins come to mind).

Denver is completely out of sorts and doesn't appear to even be trying to match the intensity of OKC. They're not executing their offense either. Where's the ball movement? There hasn't been any.

YouCallILose
refs aside, okc is dominating denver

liquidrage
I feel bad for JR, first he gets CLEARLY hacked and no call, then they strip him and the ball doesn't touch JR and they call it on him. Then they call a WEAK 3 point foul on him.

Slow-mo'd on my TV. The ball totally went off of him.

niko
04-20-2011, 08:44 PM

Yes, sports is never one-sided. Every game is very even. It's only one sided when there is cheating.

Ass Kicking in progress. See - game 1 was close because everyone on Denver basically played well. Everyone is not always going to play well. It's why it's better to play with stars and role players because you only need the stars to play well day after day. Denver needs a great all arround all team effort to play with OKC. That's a lot to ask.

Cangri
It's not that one-sided. Denver has gotten a couple of calls too (the offensive foul on Westbrook and the flagrant on Perkins come to mind).

Denver is completely out of sorts and doesn't appear to even be trying to match the intensity of OKC. They're not executing their offense either. Where's the ball movement? There hasn't been any.
That was the correct call.

Assassin
We Want Nate!

PBJ_Time
04-20-2011, 08:45 PM
For real. This wasn't even close.

Rajondo
Little bit upsetting that when Denver came out in game 1 shooting 70%, OKC got a little love from the refs.

This.

This is the only bad experience I've had with the refs so far in these playoffs (Offensive interference and the 1st Q of Memphis-Santonio) through every game that I've watched. Bad calls happen, but that quarter was legitimately unfair to the Nugs.

Cangri
Must've missed that one, but he WAS hacked on the other play and they didn't call the foul and then they called that weak 3 point foul on him, that's just fking inconsistent officiating.

XSNiper
04-20-2011, 08:46 PM
This is just sick.

niko
04-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Jesus ****ing christ you people are whiny. Denver is down 21 pts. YOu are blaming the refs?

Assassin
04-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Wow... unbelievable shooting by the Thunder.

YouCallILose
Denver's done :oldlol:

Alonzo Magic
JR :facepalm

liquidrage
Must've missed that one, but he WAS hacked on the other play and they didn't call the foul and then they called that weak 3 point foul on him, that's just fking inconsistent officiating.

Yes, totally. He was hacked and it was a weak but legit (see my comparison to the Westbrook push off) call against him. Just a bad stretch for him.

Right now Thunder just on fire and Nuggest can't do crap. That's the story. That there's been any ref discussion in this one is crazy.

BrentISballin
04-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Bunch of women in here crying, refs missed a couple calls but the thunder would be winning regardless. Nuggets offense is not even offense right now, it's just pass and shoot.

XSNiper
http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabb/aj/a-/af/be/TimDuncameGamOverLH.gif

Clutch
This one was over quickly.

PP34Deuce
THis series aint over... Denver def is excited to go back home they look lazy out there.

Rajondo
Oklahoma are playing an incredible game, coupled with Denver not being able to hit a bucket and we have a blowout in the making. Still early but I can't see the Nugdogs coming back from this one.

NuggetsFan
Seriously doubt Denver can dig themselves out of this one. OKC's supporting cast got the memo from last game. Denver does a decent job on Durant\Westbrook and now everyone else is killing us :oldlol:

liquidrage
04-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Jesus ****ing christ you people are whiny. Denver is down 21 pts. YOu are blaming the refs?

That's what I'm saying. And the bad calls are 50/50 at this point anyways. Actually the Thunder might have a bigger beef since I thought the Perk flagrant was a little too much. That's a hard playoff foul but he made a play for the ball.

Jasi
Seriously, why are people blaming the refs when Denver is making disasters on both ends on the floor?

Kids these days...

GOBB
*Checks location*
*Checks usertag*

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america#slide=14

Ah, it all makes sense...

Yeah GQ is a credible source. :rolleyes:

You keep failing...hurts to watch much like how Denver is playing.

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Seriously doubt Denver can dig themselves out of this one. OKC's supporting cast got the memo from last game. Denver does a decent job on Durant\Westbrook and now everyone else is killing us :oldlol:

This is kind of what I expected...KD/Russ going off for 70 is an aberration but so is the bench not scoring shit. I did not, however, expect Denver to get ****ed on defense. They're getting massacred on the boards.

NuggetsFan
Refs can't do this :oldlol: . Denver's playing brutal ... OKC playing great. Is what's happening in hurrr.

50inchvertical
The ball CLEARLY went off JR Smith's leg, can't believe you're arguing that one. Yes the Ibaka no call was puzzling. The Harden call, he does that, the Reggie Miller kick. It goes either way, don't be shocked if next time he does it the ref catches it and calls it offensive. And Nene got the bullshittest call ever on Ibaka, dude tried to jump from the ft line, palm the ball, turn backwards in the air, I don't even know what the **** he was thinking.

Plus we're up ****ing 20!

I really wish the game were closer. Rarely can you sustain a blowout all the way through a game with no let up.

And :lol at Felton still talking shit to Westbrook after almost getting ripped.

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Holy shit James Harden!!!

Assassin
04-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Play Nate dammit!

YouCallILose
JR Smith's so mad he had to go to the locker room :roll:

BrentISballin
LOl wait did JR smith just leave or did he get injured??

crounsa810
Did.....did JR just LEAVE the game?????

I wasn't watching and heard "JR SMITH HAS LEFT THE GAME."

Did he foul out or did he just...leave?

PBJ_Time
04-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah GQ is a credible source. :rolleyes:

You keep failing...hurts to watch much like how Denver is playing.
Because I was obviously going for a formal debate...:rolleyes:

You're clearly just here to troll and argue. Move along, buddy.

YouCallILose
LOl wait did JR smith just leave or did he get injured??

He just left straight up, just got mad and left :lol

Zackmorris
Did.....did JR just LEAVE the game?????

I wasn't watching and heard "JR SMITH HAS LEFT THE GAME."

Did he foul out or did he just...leave?

he didn't want to be there for the airball chants

Clutch
04-20-2011, 08:54 PM
I am switching to MEM-SAS.

This one is over.

XSNiper
JR just up and left the damn game.

GOBB
Because I was obviously going for a formal debate...:rolleyes:

You're clearly just here to troll and argue. Move along, buddy.

Yes, saying it was a flagrant and how you are a homer saying otherwise = trolling.

I follow. Makes sense. No really. Mensa member?

whoartthou
this is a playoff game? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OldSchoolBBall
04-20-2011, 08:55 PM
I tell you, I'm really high on the Thunder right now. LA is lucky they have homecourt against them, or else I'd give the Thunder at least a 40% chance of winning a series against them.

They're playing with tremendous energy and confidence now, and are young and hungry.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Denver's on a 7-0 and we haven't even sniffed the surface :roll:

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 08:57 PM

Haha, this ain't over yet. Denver has too many good scorers. OKC has to continue to play legit defense to keep the blowout alive.

AMISTILLILL
I think JR Smith had to go take a shit or something. He came back 5 minutes later with his jersey untucked from his shorts, haha

liquidrage

It'll get interesting again. Just like I knew Denver wouldn't shoot as hot as they started game 1, they won't be as cold as they were in the 1st tonight again. I think it'll be a 10 point game by halftime.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Haha, this ain't over yet. Denver has too many good scorers. OKC has to continue to play legit defense to keep the blowout alive.

As much as this sucks I'd rather get blown out like this than have what happened last game. This loss will be 100% no question because the Thunder are clearly better.

Seriously doubt Denver digs themself out of this.

PBJ_Time
04-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Yes, saying it was a flagrant and how you are a homer saying otherwise = trolling.

I follow. Makes sense. No really. Mensa member?
No, it's the "clueless" comments. Hell, your post here is a clear example. You're assertion that because I am from OKC and a fan of the Thunder negates my ability to accurately or objectively make observations is logically weak. Genetic fallacy. Go read some of my history, if you want. I constantly call for fair games.

Here you are, in an an OKC/Denver thread, calling people homers who have a different view than you. To top it off, the flagrant foul is a very subjective call. That you can't grasp any of this astounds me.

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Holy shit what a lay-up by Westbrook.

PBJ_Time
Holy shit what a lay-up by Westbrook.
For real!

NuggetsFan
Russel f*cking Wesbrook. My god :oldlol: . sums this game up .

Assassin
04-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Holy **** Nene! :eek:

XSNiper
04-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Durant just got posterized.

GOBB
04-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Sick spin by Westbrook. :bowdown:

No, it's the "clueless" comments. Hell, your post here is a clear example. You're assertion that because I am from OKC and a fan of the Thunder negates my ability to accurately or objectively make observations is logically weak. Genetic fallacy. Go read some of my history, if you want. I constantly call for fair games.

Here you are, in an an OKC/Denver thread, calling people homers who have a different view than you. To top it off, the flagrant foul is a very subjective call. That you can't grasp any of this astounds me.

Only people who said it wasnt a flagrant were you and another OKC fan. Blinders. Period.

Look up troll, it doesnt apply here genius. Move on kid.

OKCThunderUP
What happened to the ball movement, OKC? Cmon man. :facepalm:

MeloMike
Holy F*ck Nene :eek:

Just crowned KD there. Damn.

Good comeback here by Den.

whoartthou
THUNDER CHOKING!!:roll: :roll: :roll:

ukplayer4
nene crapped on durant

Jasi
04-20-2011, 09:06 PM
If Denver gets within 10-12 before halftime, there will still be a game.

Alonzo Magic
04-20-2011, 09:07 PM
If Denver gets within 10-12 before halftime, there will still be a game.

Are you watching the game on Sky Sport?

whoartthou
harrington....

GOBB
THUNDER CHOKING!!:roll: :roll: :roll:

Choking with a 12pt lead? Brilliant. :facepalm

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2011, 09:08 PM
as far as i know it was a 23 pt game right?

Jasi
04-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Are you watching the game on Sky Sport?

No, on LP (the hacked version)

whoartthou
04-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Choking with a 12pt lead? Brilliant. :facepalm

They had a 23 point lead.... shortened to almost 10. Call that a choke, no?

50inchvertical
04-20-2011, 09:10 PM
That's why I don't like blowouts. No way we would beat them by like 64 pts

Alonzo Magic
04-20-2011, 09:10 PM
No, on LP (the hacked version)

Nice.

Ken_Force_One
04-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Thunder can't make anything.....but Denver is not taking advantage

PBJ_Time
04-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Sick spin by Westbrook. :bowdown:

Only people who said it wasnt a flagrant were you and another OKC fan. Blinders. Period.

Look up troll, it doesnt apply here genius. Move on kid.

Simply put, nobody really cares.

You seem to have some sort of insecurity about intellect. You're really stuck on calling people genius or Mensa members, aren't you? You should look into that.

For the bold part, couldn't you come up with something different than something suspiciously similar to what I said? Repeat this line, "I CAN think for myself!"

You know what, you win. I've wasted too much time on this. I can tell by the sheer volume of your posts that you will just further neglect what you call a life in order to "beat" someone else on the internet.

Dismissed, son. (I can play this game too)

1rkrage
04-20-2011, 09:12 PM
westbrook, that was an easy layup.

GOBB
They had a 23 point lead.... shortened to almost 10. Call that a choke, no?

I dunno, just think it was inevitable that Denver go on a run and cut the lead. It usually happens when a team is blowing another team out early. I think I'd use the choke term if it gets to single digits.

PP34Deuce
Nene doing work....Seems like when Melo left, Nene became much more aggressive scoring...

I think Both NY and DEN should be happy with the trade

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 09:13 PM
I dunno, just think it was inevitable that Denver go on a run and cut the lead. It usually happens when a team is blowing another team out early. I think I'd use the choke term if it gets to single digits.

This. 20+ point leads in the first half don't usually last...

Ken_Force_One
04-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Where is JR smith?? Injured or what?
He is usually the Nuggets spark to a big run.

mans1ay3r
04-20-2011, 09:17 PM
This. 20+ point leads in the first half don't usually last...
Yeah usually, hope that's true once again. Was looking forward to this game but so far.. :sleeping

GOBB
04-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Simply put, nobody really cares.

Yet you keep replying. Funny

You seem to have some sort of insecurity about intellect. You're really stuck on calling people genius or Mensa members, aren't you? You should look into that.

Hardly insecure about intelligence. Moreso a play on what I consider stupidity.

For the bold part, couldn't you come up with something different than something suspiciously similar to what I said? Repeat this line, "I CAN think for myself!"

I was mocking you. You fail...oh wait I'm insecure with people failing? :rolleyes:

You know what, you win. I've wasted too much time on this. I can tell by the sheer volume of your posts that you will just further neglect what you call a life in order to "beat" someone else on the internet.

Thank you. GOBB wins the series in a sweep. Something OKC might do.

Dismissed, son. (I can play this game too)

:eek:

Oh no I'm not your son. I'm a grown man. Only my mom can call me son or elders I consider family. How dare you direct son to me. I'm probably older than you. I'm probably old enough to be your dad in which I could call you son. Who do you think you are?

:sleeping

KG215
04-20-2011, 09:18 PM
as far as i know it was a 23 pt game right?

I'm almost positive it was 42-17 at one point, so it was at least a 25 point lead for OKC.

YouCallILose
04-20-2011, 09:19 PM
OKC is up 15 at the half while absolutely raping in every area except free throws. Nothing to see here

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Man Denver had it down to 12 and Harrington just missed that little bunny layup. Lawson missed the wide open jumper too. By the looks of things might be as close as there going to get.

First 5 minutes of the 3rd are going to be HUGE for Denver. Have to cut it to 8 or 9.

GOBB
04-20-2011, 09:20 PM
I'd like a .gif of Westbrook double spin move for the layup. :bowdown: Video game stuff.

GOBB
04-20-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm almost positive it was 42-17 at one point, so it was at least a 25 point lead for OKC.

They were up by as much as 26. My little Pwny is what is playing at Halftime on the jumbotron.

Meticode
04-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Let's go do the hop. Let's go!

KG215
04-20-2011, 09:22 PM
I'd like a .gif of Westbrook double spin move for the layup. :bowdown: Video game stuff.

Fcuk that. 8/10 times i try a spin move in 2K11 I get called for a walk or charge. I wouldn't even begin to know how to do a double spin move. If I did my player would probably tear an ACL while picking up a flagrant foul.

whoartthou
04-20-2011, 09:23 PM
this is westbrooks team

niko
04-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Man Denver had it down to 12 and Harrington just missed that little bunny layup. Lawson missed the wide open jumper too. By the looks of things might be as close as there going to get.

First 5 minutes of the 3rd are going to be HUGE for Denver. Have to cut it to 8 or 9.
Exactly what i was thinking. I was DAMN< they got it to 10 and Harrington just short armed it. Felton is very inconsistent.

games not over but Denver needs to get it to a reasonable score soon.

DuMa
westbrook has made some dumb decisions after he gets hot.

YouCallILose
this is westbrooks team

lol

PBJ_Time
04-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Yet you keep replying. Funny

Hardly insecure about intelligence. Moreso a play on what I consider stupidity.

I was mocking you. You fail...oh wait I'm insecure with people failing? :rolleyes:

Thank you. GOBB wins the series in a sweep. Something OKC might do.

:eek:

Oh no I'm not your son. I'm a grown man. Only my mom can call me son or elders I consider family. How dare you direct son to me. I'm probably older than you. I'm probably old enough to be your dad in which I could call you son. Who do you think you are?

:sleeping
Touched a nerve.:roll:

I didn't say I didn't care. You said that myself and another poster are the only ones debating the flagrant foul. I stated nobody else really cares. Got it, now?

Are you a man? Are you 40? Because you sure act like my 22 year old little sister. That's definitely how you want the game to be played!

Your excessive use of the word, "probably", is where you need to really be focused. You don't know me either. I'll tell you this, I like my odds. You better be past your midlife crisis to be old enough to be my dad. Come to think of it, maybe that is what this is all about!

Don't call me kid, and I won't call you son, capiche?

GOBB
04-20-2011, 09:26 PM
PBJ_Time....cheers kid :cheers: Altho I cant eat jelly with my peanut butter. :lol

Fcuk that. 8/10 times i try a spin move in 2K10 I get called for a walk or charge. I wouldn't even begin to know how to do a double spin move. If I did my player would probably tear an ACL while picking up a flagrant foul.

Good call. :oldlol:

bagelred
04-20-2011, 09:29 PM
The Knickets have 28 points at the half.

niko
04-20-2011, 09:38 PM
The Knickets have 28 points at the half.
There is no more Knickets. Melo officially became a Knick last night when he took them on his back. That makes them NUggets, which i think they became anyway in that Game 1 war.

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Run The ****ing Offense Please, Westbrook

Ken_Force_One
04-20-2011, 09:41 PM
WOW!! both teams will be in the penalty at the 8 minute mark of the 3rd...let them play refs....stop calling these FUZZ fouls with Westbrook floppin around like a fish

Scoooter
04-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Kendrick Perkins going for the step-back J. Ambitious.

ThunderKat
04-20-2011, 09:44 PM
We really need to get KD going!

XSNiper
04-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Dumbest foul I've seen.

DuMa
Perkins. please for the love of god do not try to attempt to post up

PBJ_Time
If it's there, use it, but man I wish they'd get rid of the rip move.

Ken_Force_One
04-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Durant has more made free throws than he does 2 pt FG attempts and the Nuggets are still losing by 14... This series is OVER!

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Denver at the foul limit already. That's bad news.

PP34Deuce
04-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Would pay to see a race with Westbrook/Rose/Wall/Rondo....

I think Westbrook is faster than them, with Rose being ultra quick.

GOBB
Denver at the foul limit already. That's bad news.

*checks scoreboard*

Its been bad news for most of the game. :roll:

Scoooter
Does Kenyon Martin have small hands? He always dunks with two hands.

KG215
04-20-2011, 09:51 PM
PBJ_Time....cheers kid :cheers: Altho I cant eat jelly with my peanut butter. :lol

Good call. :oldlol:

That was supposed to be 2K11 not 2K10, btw. I probably wouldn't even need all 10 of my fingers to count the number of successful spin moves I've pulled off in 2K11. I could just be doing them wrong, though.

I've only been periodically looking up at this game to distract me from studying, but it seems like every time I look up, an OKC player is nailing a three pointer or making a 15-18 foot jumper.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Well on the bright side I don't think Denver can play any worse than what there playing like today. Every single time they got it close, just missed buckets. When they get a stop simply can't score.

Finishing the game within 8 or 9 would be nice after being down 26. Think they missed there chance for a comeback when they got a few stops\forced turns when the 3rd started and didn't capalize on it.

KG215
04-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Awful decision by Gallinari. It could've been 70-57, and instead it leads directly to a 3-on-1 bucket by OKC, and it's 72-55.

Ken_Force_One
04-20-2011, 09:55 PM
OMG!!! Perkins fail...that is the number Jeer on Sportsnation tomorrow easily.....

KG215
And Perk misses a wide-open point-blank layup.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DuMa
Perk... can he dunk?

GOBB
04-20-2011, 09:56 PM
That was supposed to be 2K11 not 2K10, btw. I probably wouldn't even need all 10 of my fingers to count the number of successful spin moves I've pulled off in 2K11. I could just be doing them wrong, though.

I've only been periodically looking up at this game to distract me from studying, but it seems like every time I look up, an OKC player is nailing a three pointer or making a 15-18 foot jumper.

Nah I know you meant 2k11. You should be able to pull off successful spin moves especially when defenders are off balance but somehow when you attempt it? The guy suddenly is in position, you guy slows down and charge. :oldlol:

Better off euro steppin ala Wade

Clutch
04-20-2011, 09:56 PM
:lol @ Perkins

Ken_Force_One
04-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Please Goerge karl....You are a smart man....Get Gallinari out of there in bring in J R

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 09:57 PM
What I don't get is why doesn't Gallo get the foul on the 3 like Durant did? Not really that big of a deal because I don't think either should be a foul but doesn't make sense.

Denver's really laying an egg tonight. Felton should be out, Lawson in.

Alonzo Magic
04-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Hopstep is where it's at on 2k11.

ThunderKat
04-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Westbrook FTW!!! :rockon: :rockon:

Assassin
04-20-2011, 09:59 PM
I miss Perkins :(

KG215
Nah I know you meant 2k11. You should be able to pull off successful spin moves especially when defenders are off balance but somehow when you attempt it? The guy suddenly is in position, you guy slows down and charge. :oldlol:

Better off euro steppin ala Wade

Yeah, it seems like it never fails to lead to a charge or a travel. I actually surprise myself when I pull it off and get a layup. Now when I spin move it's usually by accident, though. I just get caught up in the flow of the play and mess up on the button combo and leads to the damn spin-move/turnover, instead of my preferred Euro-Step or just straight up jump-stop.

DuMa
this shit is over

Alonzo Magic
Damn, Chandler stinking it up.

And that's game. 2-0.

ThunderKat
04-20-2011, 10:01 PM
I heard a statistic on the radio todaythat stated: that the team who wins the first two games in a 7 game series wins the series 94% of the time. This is why I thought this would be a big game. :pimp:

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 10:01 PM
What I don't get is why doesn't Gallo get the foul on the 3 like Durant did? Not really that big of a deal because I don't think either should be a foul but doesn't make sense.

Denver's really laying an egg tonight. Felton should be out, Lawson in.

It didn't look to me like he was touched but they didn't show a replay so it's hard to say.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Denver better come out firing in game 3 cause this shit is OVAAA :(

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 10:03 PM
I heard a statistic on the radio todaythat stated: that the team who wins the first two games in a 7 game series wins the series 94% of the time. This is why I thought this would be a big game. :pimp:

Saw that on Twitter today too.

GOBB
04-20-2011, 10:07 PM

Whats the stats say about losing Game 2 of a 7gm series? I dont put much into the %'s. OKC took care of business and won at home. Now its Denvers turn.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Denver is just completely failing. Missing free throws, and everything. Down 15 but feels like 30. Gallo makes his free throws and it's 13. Just nothing positive, the entire team is playing like shit minus Lawson\Al who aren't even playing that good themselves.

50inchvertical
04-20-2011, 10:09 PM
^ I guess, but it has to be in their head they are 0-4 against the Thunder in the last 2 weeks. They can try to cover it up by talking major shit in the newspapers daily, but it's in their head.

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 10:17 PM
OKC needs to stop turning the damn ball over.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 10:19 PM
^ I guess, but it has to be in their head they are 0-4 against the Thunder in the last 2 weeks. They can try to cover it up by talking major shit in the newspapers daily, but it's in their head.

Uh what? How do you or I know what's in there head. Denver going cold in the 1st quarter and fighting back has been quite the theme.

Either way they've been down 26 and pulled it within 12 multiple times. Have it down to 10 right now? There just playing like shit. Nothing else to say besides Thunder are playing great and Denver playing like garbage.

That Cook 3 defines this game. Whenever Denver pulls close Thunder say no thank you.

50inchvertical
04-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I hate big guys trying to draw charges. Harrington, you're like 7 inches taller, why not just try to block it? Good lookin' out wearing KD's shoes too.

Ken_Force_One
04-20-2011, 10:27 PM
4 trips down the court for the Nuggets..... 0 POINTS!!!!
Epic Fail

50inchvertical
04-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Russ hitting 3s :applause: Watch out league!

Nene would be a nice addition. I know he flirted with the idea in the media earlier in the season of not taking his PO to stay in Denver and becoming a free agent, though I doubt it since it's like 11 mil. But if he does, I'd love to have him.

What? On Perk?

Clutch
04-20-2011, 10:31 PM
It will be interesting to see can Thunder win in Denver.

icewill36
nugz raped on the glass

OKCThunderUP

Imagine if he works on his 3 even more in the offseason for next season...jeeeeeez

ThunderKat
04-20-2011, 10:32 PM

Word!!!! :rockon: :rockon:

OKCThunderUP
Oh my god, refs the game is over. Stop calling so many fouls.

drizzy0503
I see no heart or fire from Denver right now. Thought they would come out firing on all cylinders, with Game 1 being close and feeling like they got robbed, but they really fell flat. On top of that, 94% of teams that win first two games of series go on to win the series. Just give the series to OKC.

icewill36
It will be interesting to see can Thunder win in Denver.

definitely get at least a split

icewill36
04-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I see no heart or fire from Denver right now. Thought they would come out firing on all cylinders, with Game 1 being close and feeling like they got robbed, but they really fell flat. On top of that, 94% of teams that win first two games of series go on to win the series. Just give the series to OKC.

nugz had that fluke hot start thats why the game was even close

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Oooooh KD just did Chandler dirty Dirk-style.

Alonzo Magic
04-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Imagine if he works on his 3 even more in the offseason for next season...jeeeeeez

Don't you guys think he should focus more on you know... Being a Point Guard? Passing to Durant when he has Felton on him instead of taking the semi contested midrange jumper.

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 10:40 PM

That's basically all I saw. Denver was down 26 at one point. The only positive thing Denver can take away from this game is the fact that they kept fighting and trying to get back into it. They had about 2-3 chances where the lead was cut down to 13-10 and they simply couldn't score, kept coming up empty.

Denver just needs to defend HC. People forget that all the pressure in these series are on the better team to win there 2 games at home. Denver wins the 3rd game and the series is only 2-1.

Still have OKC in 6.

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
definitely get at least a split

+1
I imagine they split 1/1 at Denver then come home and take game 5.

PP34Deuce
04-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Don't you guys think he should focus more on you know... Being a Point Guard? Passing to Durant when he has Felton on him instead of taking the semi contested midrange jumper.

Westbrook wont win that team a title until he calms down... He may have world class speed,but I still think hes too out of control to effectively carry them to a ship.

O_City_Thunder
04-20-2011, 10:46 PM
This

BTW, good game Nugget fans!

Assassin
04-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Why didn't Nate play?

NuggetsFan
04-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Good game by the Thunder tho. Kept there foot on there pedal and didn't let up. Something I wouldn't have guessed with all there youth.

OKCThunderUP
04-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Why didn't Nate play?

Because Maynor > Nate and Cook > Nate. Nate only gets garbage minutes.

ThunderKat
04-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Good game, Nuggets. I'm looking forward to the next 2 games in Denver. :cheers:

QuebecBaller
04-21-2011, 06:15 AM
I didn't watched the game but... why Earl Smith Jr and Birdman just played 6 minutes in game 2?

50inchvertical
04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
I didn't watched the game but... why Earl Smith Jr and Birdman just played 6 minutes in game 2?
They were ineffective. The Nuggets weren't running any offense though, they were just 1 pass shoot, bring the ball up and shoot off the dribble, iso for Earl and it was not working. Then he got fouled once with no call and GK got a tech, then he just walked off the court and went back to the locker room

sprainedankle
04-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Great atmosphere last night! It's good to get a clean win and without 72 points from KD/Russ...I don't know what Karl is going to have to say to spin this one to a positive. lol I guess we have to win on the road now is the angle.

4-0 vs. Denver since both trades, including a win at Denver. The back court match-ups are just awful for Denver now when Gallinari is out & we have the size to even out Nene/KMart.

sprainedankle
04-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Because Maynor > Nate and Cook > Nate. Nate only gets garbage minutes.

I kind of thought he'd get some garbage minutes at the end, but I'm sure Brooks is just working for the future and that's not Nate. Let our young, developing guys get all the playoff minutes they can get. No reason at all to play Nate right now other than a courtesy. I thought it was pretty funny he was sitting in the first players chair after the coaches like maybe someone would see him and put him in, but then nothing. Gotta work for the future with a team this young.

Notorious D.M.C
04-21-2011, 12:10 PM
OKC THUNDER :cheers:

niko
04-21-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm thinking an avi of Durant/Westbrook together and a message that says "STARS WIN TITLES" for Kurple. What do you think Kurple?

OKCThunderUP
04-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Denver packing it up?

The Nuggets had a team meeting on Thursday and Smith said the team didn’t have “a pulse” as they regrouped at Pepsi Center.

“Just frustration, just really didn’t have any life in there,” Smith said. “No one was really into it.”

Mr Clutch Melo
04-21-2011, 05:24 PM
I understand what people were telling us about the lack of a superstar and someone who can takeover. I am 100 percent sure we would have won this series with Melo..not looking good for us.

50inchvertical
04-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I don't have the link to the article right on hand, but JR Smith is so mad he says he doesn't think he is going to resign with the Nuggets in the offseason :oldlol:

niko
04-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, this was not a bad trade for the nuggets. For a star who wanted out, they got a bunch of young assets, enough to rebuild and if they are lucky, maybe snag a different star. But for the shortterm i always didn't get this thought that the Nuggets were better, especially in the playoffs. The way the Nuggets play is taylor made for the regular season especially in Denver, they tire you out, they play two sets of five, etc. The problem is in the playoffs you need go to guys, which they never established, and you lose the advantage of depth because you are playing your bench against the other teams starters, not the bench and because in the playoffs, some people always wind up getting shorter minutes because you can't ride out ineffectiveness. See JR Smith (being a total douche btw - does he think Denver wants him?). See Birdman. The two sets of 5 is benig wittled down to 5 starters and 2/3 bench.

I think this trade benefited both of us, but the Knicks got better short and longterm, while the Nuggets will benefit longterm ,more from the flexibilty than the abundance of players.

If this is going to be a series, Denver wins Game 3 going away. If they win BARELY they are going to lose Game 4. They may lose Game 3. If they win Game 3 handily then i think Game 4 will be there for them at the end. (Funny enough, its 100% the same situation i think the Knicks are in)

Droid101
04-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I think this trade benefited both of us, but the Knicks got better short and longterm, while the Nuggets will benefit longterm ,more from the flexibilty than the abundance of players.

Nuggets were better offensively and defensively after the trade.

Knicks were worse defensively, but better offensively after the trade.

You can't argue that. It's fact.