PDA

View Full Version : I'm convinced Russell Westbrook is a much better PG than Derrick Rose

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Westbrook has better:

athleticism
playmaking
IQ
scoring weapons

and

SPIN MOVES!

And I might also add that Rondo is also a far more complete PG than DeBrick Rose.

game385
04-21-2011, 09:43 AM
:facepalm

donald_trump
04-21-2011, 09:45 AM
rondo has no place in discussion. hes slacked off this season.

westbrook and rose are very comparable.

entropy35
04-21-2011, 09:49 AM
There should be more mods, seriously.

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 09:51 AM
http://www.obsessedwithsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/rondo-shirt-better-than-rose-lee.jpg
http://youbeenblinded.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Rajon-Rondo-2k-Commercial-Tshirt.jpg

Christofire
04-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Westbrook has better:

athleticism
playmaking
IQ
scoring weapons

and

SPIN MOVES!

And I might also add that Rondo is also a far more complete PG than DeBrick Rose.
westbrook is my favorite of the 2 because i just love his fire and feocity, but give it up, he's not better than derrick rose. Why are yoou so consumed with Derrick Rose anyways?...Do you have something against a guy leading his team in the clutch to victories?

Westbrook is very athletic but he's not more athletic than rose. Their playmaking is equal if anything.

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Westbrook is very athletic but he's not more athletic than rose. Their playmaking is equal if anything.
Not true.

Westbrook is FAR more athletic. And Rose has no playmaking at all...

entropy35
04-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Westbrook actually might be slightly more athletic then Rose.

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Rose is just a skinny baby while Westbrook is a buff mofo!

SMH @ Rose being even "athletic".:facepalm

HylianNightmare
04-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Purplechuck :roll: jokes

Christofire
04-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Not true.

Is westbrook stronger than Rose?.....No.
Does westbrook have the body control of Rose?....No
Is westbrook faster with the Ball?....No
Does westtbrook Jumphigher?....No

Derrick Rose has done nothing to you Bro. Russel is not more athletic than Rose, and westbrook is my favorite Pg not named deron Williams. Because you hate rose(for whatever reason it is) doesn't mean you can make things up that just simply aren't true, i dont think very many people that watch these two guys play will come to the conclusion that westbrook is the better athlete. The edge westbrook has is definsively(and Rose has played better defense this far in the post season) on the boards and i think that he's a bit better passer than rose. You should seek help.

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Is westbrook stronger than Rose?.....Yes
Does westbrook have the body control of Rose?....Maybe
Is westbrook faster with the Ball?....Yes
Does westtbrook Jumphigher?....Yes
Fixed.

Rose is a skinny little b1tch, he's not strong or fast, he's nothing.

KingJay718
04-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Russy plays out of control sometimes. However, he's not better than D. Rose.

Christofire
04-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Fixed.

Rose is a skinny little b1tch, he's not strong or fast, he's nothing.

skinny?....he's the same height as westbrook and 3 pounds heavier, He's slightly bigger with more definiton. Your agenda is quite clear here, Maybe it has something to do with our boy wade not stealing the show like expected?....It's been bosh that become the heat guys thus far.

Christofire
04-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Russy plays out of control sometimes. However, he's not better than D. Rose.
he was out of control on that spin move play, but that was sick...I wonder who westbrook lays the hammer on first.

ballerz
04-21-2011, 10:13 AM
of course you would your a derrick rose and bulls hater. your unable to show them any credit what so ever

Jimmy2k8
04-21-2011, 10:19 AM
With a name like "Debrick" Rose, it is quite obvious that you have an agenda against him.

Let me ask you this. If the Bulls were to beat the Heat in a 7 game series( which is a great possibility), would you find a way to discredit Derrick Rose and find some retarded excuse as to why the Heat lost?

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Let me ask you this. If the Bulls were to beat the Heat in a 7 game series( which is a great possibility), would you find a way to discredit Derrick Rose and find some retarded excuse as to why the Heat lost?
Won't happen. Only possible reason for that is if Wade is affected by his migraine and can't beast against the Bulls.

donald_trump
04-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Is westbrook stronger than Rose?.....No.
Does westbrook have the body control of Rose?....No
Is westbrook faster with the Ball?....No
Does westtbrook Jumphigher?....No

westbrook is easily stronger.
and i actually think hes quicker with the ball as well. though not as agile with it. on the other hand hes much more agile without it and hence his far superior defense.

donald_trump
04-21-2011, 10:29 AM
of course you would your a derrick rose and bulls hater. your unable to show them any credit what so ever

says the guy who cant give the heat any credit. hypocrite.

donald_trump
04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Won't happen. Only possible reason for that is if Wade is affected by his migraine and can't beast against the Bulls.

lol at this excuse.

Heat007
04-21-2011, 10:44 AM
skinny?....he's the same height as westbrook and 3 pounds heavier, He's slightly bigger with more definiton. Your agenda is quite clear here, Maybe it has something to do with our boy wade not stealing the show like expected?....It's been bosh that become the heat guys thus far.

Um, Wade is being double teamed by Doug Collins at every opportunity they get.

Funny how Wade is the guy Collins chooses to double more than anyone else on the team, huh ?

Maybe you didn't watch the games and only look at the box scores.. but listen to Collins' post pressers to hear it from the man himself.. and listen to what other players have said about it, since you missed the game

But Wade isn't selfish and he facilitates if called upon.. IE- not a selfish shot jacker looking to pile up pts but actually works in the framework of the offense like any great player should

24r2
04-21-2011, 10:55 AM

Funny how Wade is the guy Collins chooses to double more than anyone else on the team, huh ?

Maybe you didn't watch the games and only look at the box scores.. but listen to Collins' post pressers to hear it from the man himself.. and listen to what other players have said about it, since you missed the game

But Wade isn't selfish and he facilitates if called upon.. IE- not a selfish shot jacker looking to pile up pts but actually works in the framework of the offense like any great player should

didnotread lol @H0mo007 where all the fap wallpapers at?

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 10:57 AM
didnotread lol @H0mo007 where all the fap wallpapers at?
Heat fan turning on one of our own?:no:

SMH, stop embarrassing us dude, stick with the homies.:facepalm

game385
04-21-2011, 10:58 AM
LMAO @ PurpleChuck...

I think the Bulls and Derrick Rose are scaring some of the Heat fans.

I'll admit to being apart of the initial Miami Heat Haters, but that's pretty much died down. I think alot of us who were hating on Miami so hard initially did so b/c deep down we feared that they would dominate the league. Now that they haven't, it appears that the biggest threat to Maimi's impending dynasty will come from Chicago. We're younger. Better coached and have more flexibility to get better.

Not to mention the fact that Derrick Rose has been delivering in the area where for the most part, Maimi's big three has not this year; Delivering clutch victories..

Be afraid Miami. Be very Afraid..:roll:

ukballer
04-21-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm sure I remember a day when PC used to be a decent, honest poster. Shame he thinks this is now clever and funny.

trig
04-21-2011, 11:04 AM
whats the record of the heat vs bulls this season again?

Christofire
04-21-2011, 11:05 AM

Wade is the hardest guy on the heat to stay in front of. James is not really gonna get aroudn to many guys his path to the rim is more of a straight line, it's easier to just collapse on bron for him to bully it in(which he does well anyways) but wade can avoid all those guys for a clean layup. I'd do the same thing if i were collins. wade is more dangerous in isolations than james because of his abilty to cross his guy up and split double teams.

donald_trump
04-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Not to mention the fact that Derrick Rose has been delivering in the area where for the most part, Maimi's big three has not this year; Delivering clutch victories..

these homer posts get better and better.

lol at derrick rose delivering anything.

look at all the big shots that were made this year against the better teams. who finished miami off when the bulls played them. not derrick rose, but luol deng.

its easy enough to get a reputation as a great clutch player when the media will buy into it and cover it as so, but as far as actually watching the games, and looking at his clutch stats, derrick rose is far from clutch.

24r2
04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Heat fan turning on one of our own?:no:

SMH, stop embarrassing us dude, stick with the homies.:facepalm

come on you should be embarrassed about h0mo007 posting on every single thread Wade's model photo shots

50inchvertical
04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
i dont think very many people that watch these two guys play will come to the conclusion that westbrook is the better athlete
How do you figure? However athleticism is expressed, Russ wins. Russ had 20 more dunks than Derrick Rose (52 to 20), got the ft line 76 times more (631 to 555), and outrebounds him.

Christofire
04-21-2011, 11:09 AM
westbrook is easily stronger.
and i actually think hes quicker with the ball as well. though not as agile with it. on the other hand hes much more agile without it and hence his far superior defense.

Westbrook is not stronger than Rose, Roses' ability to finish through Body contact is enough alone to indicate that rose is stronger. Rose is faster with the ball as well, it's just that he has more gears than westbrook's with how he chances speeds on hesitations and crossovers.

sprainedankle
04-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Rose has gotten the hype because his team is #1 in the East and he's the only major star. I think they are close physically, but DRose is probably a couple years ahead of Russ as far as NBA play. He's more in control and the game is slower for him. They both have similar highs, but Russ has more lows right now.

Dengness9
04-21-2011, 11:12 AM
2 of the top 4 PG's but to say "Im convinced Russell Westbrook is a much better PG..." is over the top and comes from someone who either has an agenda, doesn't watch enough NBA, or doesn't watch Derrick Rose enough.

SMH at Heat007.

This thread was about Rose and Russ. Of course you try to make it about Wade. You won't be posting here in approx. 2-4 weeks. I can't wait. Heat fans don't even like you TROLL.

ILLsmak
04-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Westbrook has better:

athleticism
playmaking
IQ
scoring weapons

and

SPIN MOVES!

It's close but Rose is better. Westbrook is very underrated, though. I don't think he could lead a team in scoring and win 60 games, but he is a nightmare matchup.

-Smak

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh I see Dumbness9 has decided to grace us with his dumbness.

Westbrook > Rose.

Rondo > Rose.

Wade >>>>>> Rose.

Miami Heat > Chicago Bulls.

Deal with it.:pimp:

Dengness9
04-21-2011, 11:17 AM
How do you figure? However athleticism is expressed, Russ wins. Russ had 20 more dunks than Derrick Rose (52 to 20), got the ft line 76 times more (631 to 555), and outrebounds him.

And Derrick Rose got double teamed about 1000 more times than Russell. I refuse to take away from westbrook cuz he is such an awesome young star in the league, but seriously. Westbrook has no idea of the attention he would be getting from defenses if he didn't have Durant. Russy has no idea what it's like to shoulder a load offensively like Rose.

Rose has way more pressure and responsibility on his back. He has nothing close to an elite scorer, let alone the league leading scorer on his team.

Just sayin'.

Christofire

Westbrook and Rose played differently. athleticism has nothing to do with how many dunks or freethrows you get. Don't be a tart. Westbrook just dunks more than rose. But when rose Dunks he gets up higher and flushes with more authority.

Westbrook attacks the guy in the paint which results in more whistles, Rose contorts his body as much as possible to avoid contact and get a clean layup at the rim. Which is why he doesn't take as much freethrows. Rose is better at finishing in traffic and through contact than westbrook. It's just a plain fact, and I'm telling you as a guy that likes west brook more than i do rose because i love his fire and ferocity and the way he will go out out there and try to dunk on any and every body.

Clocian-IGN
wasn't this guy banned?

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Last year stats indicated KD had more dunks and fta than Lebron James.

Does that mean he is more athletic than Lebron?

Hell No!!!!

Rose is in a league of his when we discuss his once in a decade athlestism :bowdown:

Westbrook is athletic, but nowhere near Rose. He is more on Wall's level.

Christofire
04-21-2011, 11:22 AM
And Derrick Rose got double teamed about 1000 more times than Russell. I refuse to take away from westbrook cuz he is such an awesome young star in the league, but seriously. Westbrook has no idea of the attention he would he getting from defenses if he didn't have Durant. Russy has no idea what it's like to shoulder a load offensively like Rose.

Rose has way more pressure and responsibility on his back. He has nothing close to an elite scorer, let alone the league leading scorer on his team.

Just sayin'.

I agree that Rose is better, but this is not by some large Margin. Westbrook is almost every bit of a beast that Rose is. Let's not forget how poorly kevin Durant has played the first 2months of the season where westbrook was clearly playing better. Also i i have vivid memories of how Westbrook single handedly destroyed my celtics this season without Durant. Westbrook is a dog.

ILLsmak
04-21-2011, 11:24 AM

Hell No!!!!

Rose is in a league of his when we discuss his once in a decade athlestism :bowdown:

Word...?

Because if I was picking an athlete out of the two I'd take Westbrook.

If we were doing some sort of olympic competition I'd take Westbrook all day.

-Smak

Christofire
04-21-2011, 11:25 AM

Hell No!!!!

I think Wall ends up better than both Rose and Westbrook...he already has better passing ability and court vision and is noticeably faster than those guys. Let;s see how much he improves in his sophomore season.

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Word...?

Because if I was picking an athlete out of the two I'd take Westbrook.

If we were doing some sort of olympic competition I'd take Westbrook all day.

-Smak
Over Rose?

Rose is more athletic than Westbrook.

Rose is quicker
Rose is faster
Rose jumps higher(running and standing)
Rose is stronger
Rose has better body control

What does Westbrook do more athletically than Derrick?

50inchvertical
04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I think Wall ends up better than both Rose and Westbrook...he already has better passing ability and court vision and is noticeably faster than those guys. Let;s see how much he improves in his sophomore season.
:oldlol: No he isn't. he got torced this season by Russell, even got ran down by Russell who he is allegedly so much faster than, and stripped multiple times

Dengness9
04-21-2011, 11:31 AM

I like you man, but NOOOOOO. Wall gets mad dimes and is a hell of a creator but he doesn't possess the fire and will to win like Derrick and Russell. John Wall CANNOT shoot, and is to f'ing cool most of the time. He isn't a humble or fiery guy, I don't see him or the Wiz going anywhere anytime soon even if he's putting up allstar stats.

If he can get the Wiz in the playoffs in the next couple of years I might change my tune.

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Russell Westbrook is a far better PG/player than Derrick Rose.

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 11:35 AM
He is a better passer and better defender than both those guys already IMO

But I don't think he will have the same success in the league like Rose.

Wall and Rose are different players. (Wall being like a pass first Westbrook & Rose being a 6-2 Dwayne Wade meets Marbury)

I don't think John Wall has what it takes to be a good as scorer Rose is. Rose scoring is the best I've ever seen since Iverson. And he will keep on improving at a high rate. He improved his midrange in his sophomore year, 3 point shooting his 3rd year and next year he might be a lock down defender.....who knows?

And plus Rose passing is really underrated, he has the playmaking ability to lead the league in assist and make his teammates better.

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Russell Westbrook is a far better PG/player than Derrick Rose.
Dude your a ****ing troll. I can't take you seriously anymore. Our friendship is over!!!!!:cry:

How is Westbrook better than Rose?

Westbrook isn't a better PG than Rose as well!!!

Stop talking out of your azz!!!!

Bigsmoke
04-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Rose vs the Heat >>>>>>>>>>>>> Westbrook vs the Heat

KingBeasley08
04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
I like you man, but NOOOOOO. Wall gets mad dimes and is a hell of a creator but he doesn't possess the fire and will to win like Derrick and Russell. John Wall CANNOT shoot, and is to f'ing cool most of the time. He isn't a humble or fiery guy, I don't see him or the Wiz going anywhere anytime soon even if he's putting up allstar stats.

If he can get the Wiz in the playoffs in the next couple of years I might change my tune.
Wall's got an intense fire but ur partially right. The Bullets needa add some help and get him a player that can challenge him for best on the team. (kinda like Durant and Westbrook)

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Wall's got an intense fire but ur partially right. The Bullets needa add some help and get him a player that can challenge him for best on the team. (kinda like Durant and Westbrook)
Why do you think I wanted Beastley to take his Talents to DC?:lol

But anyways they missed out on Beasley and can end up taking Derrick Williams if they have lucky balls(oops that didn't come out right lol) or Terrance Jones.

I doubt they make playoffs unless Wall can turn into Derrick Rose and takeover games when they need him too.

I expect Wall to average 19/11/5 44% next season.

game385
04-21-2011, 11:46 AM
LMAO @ PurpleChuck...

I think the Bulls and Derrick Rose are scaring some of the Heat fans.

I'll admit to being apart of the initial Miami Heat Haters, but that's pretty much died down. I think alot of us who were hating on Miami so hard initially did so b/c deep down we feared that they would dominate the league. Now that they haven't, it appears that the biggest threat to Maimi's impending dynasty will come from Chicago. We're younger. Better coached and have more flexibility to get better.

these homer posts get better and better.

lol at derrick rose delivering anything.

look at all the big shots that were made this year against the better teams. who finished miami off when the bulls played them. not derrick rose, but luol deng.

its easy enough to get a reputation as a great clutch player when the media will buy into it and cover it as so, but as far as actually watching the games, and looking at his clutch stats, derrick rose is far from clutch.
Have you actually been watching the games? Even hating ass Skip Bayless gave Rose credit for willing the Bulls to victories, but never mind. It's getting harder and harder to find intelligent posters on this site.

As you were

KingBeasley08
04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Why do you think I wanted Beastley to take his Talents to DC?:lol

But anyways they missed out on Beasley and can end up taking Derrick Williams if they have lucky balls(oops that didn't come out right lol) or Terrance Jones.

I doubt they make playoffs unless Wall can turn into Derrick Rose and takeover games when they need him too.

I expect Wall to average 19/11/5 44% next season.
Beasley needs to still come here :mad: need some hometown heroes to play here :oldlol:

Even rose cant take this sh*tty team to the playoffs although we did improve towards the end of the year.

harrison barnes is going back to school :cry:

Christofire
04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
:oldlol: No he isn't. he got torced this season by Russell, even got ran down by Russell who he is allegedly so much faster than, and stripped multiple times
I'd think that a player without the ball should be faster than a guy with the ball.

John Wall is the faster player in the league with the ball in his hand i say that with great confidence, How many of his games have you watched?

Dengness9
04-21-2011, 11:49 AM
I agree that Rose is better, but this is not by some large Margin. Westbrook is almost every bit of a beast that Rose is. Let's not forget how poorly kevin Durant has played the first 2months of the season where westbrook was clearly playing better. Also i i have vivid memories of how Westbrook single handedly destroyed my celtics this season without Durant. Westbrook is a dog.

just wanted to point out nowhere did I state Rose is better by a wide margin. I think it's a wider margin than most think, but that's not a slight to Russ. I'm not saying Russell can't put a team on his back, just not night in night out like Rose, once again, a compliment to Rose and nothing against Westbrook.

It's just Russell has the securtiy blanket in KD. If he doesnt have a good game he has a guy like Durant to pick up the slack and drop 30-40 points. Guys like Deng and Boozer can pick up the slack for Rose a little bit but not to the extent Durant can.

I respect Russell's game alot with all that said. I don't think OKC even imagined him sprouting into such a stud so quick.

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Beasley needs to still come here :mad: need some hometown heroes to play here :oldlol:

Even rose cant take this sh*tty team to the playoffs although we did improve towards the end of the year.

harrison barnes is going back to school :cry:
:lol :oldlol:

But yeah if Harrison Barnes came out in this draft i'd take him over Williams.

Rnbizzle
04-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Rose is a lot faster then Westbrook with the ball. It's really not even close. Westbrook can't explode the same way Rose can.

Christofire
04-21-2011, 11:52 AM

He's a rookie.

Rose was said to have no fire, no passion, no emotion, and he couldnt shoot either
Westbrook - couldn't shoot, made bad decision with the basketball, and was very out of control in his rookie season.

Look at them now. Give wall the same time to grow as you did Rose when people we're saying the same things about him.

Wall has every bit of potential those 2 guys have if not more. When the last time you've seen such a great passer straight out the gates like wall?...He will bring his shot along, he has a reputation for being a good worker.

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 11:56 AM
He's a rookie.

Rose was said to have no fire, no passion, no emotion, and he couldnt shoot either
Westbrook - couldn't shoot, made bad decision with the basketball, and was very out of control in his rookie season.

Look at them now. Give wall the same time to grow as you did Rose when people we're saying the same things about him.

Wall has every bit of potential those 2 guys have if not more. When the last time you've seen such a great passer straight out the gates like wall?...He will bring his shot along, he has a reputation for being a good worker.

Let us see what happens in the next following years.......

I doubt Wall can match up to the success Rose has.

But we will see what happens.

Dengness9
04-21-2011, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=game385]Have you actually been watching the games? Even hating ass Skip Bayless gave Rose credit for willing the Bulls to victories, but never mind. It's getting harder and harder to find intelligent posters on this site.

As you were

Christofire
04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
He is a better passer and better defender than both those guys already IMO

But I don't think he will have the same success in the league like Rose.

Wall and Rose are different players. (Wall being like a pass first Westbrook & Rose being a 6-2 Dwayne Wade meets Marbury)

I don't think John Wall has what it takes to be a good as scorer Rose is. Rose scoring is the best I've ever seen since Iverson. And he will keep on improving at a high rate. He improved his midrange in his sophomore year, 3 point shooting his 3rd year and next year he might be a lock down defender.....who knows?

And plus Rose passing is really underrated, he has the playmaking ability to lead the league in assist and make his teammates better.

Actually i'm dissapointed in the way wall defended this year...He's a really good defender but he didnt defend consistently this year.Also i agree i don't think he will be the scorer that Rose is, but he will be close enough but he will probably be the best passer in the league within the next 2-3 seasons, and his scoring will be at about 20 ppg, because of how slick he is with the ball. he needs to improve his strength to finish through contact and absorb the beating he took this season.

H.A.M.
04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Westbrook has better:

athleticism
playmaking
IQ
scoring weapons

and

SPIN MOVES!

good one troll..better IQ HA. THat's how I knew you were joking

Dengness9
04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
He's a rookie.

SOME people were saying Rose had no fire or emotion, but those like me from Chicago who have been watching the kid longer than most, know that's just how Derrick is.

Everybody was saying Rose couldn't shoot but that wasn't true either. He couldn't shoot 3's at all but his midrange jumper was pretty nasty his rookie season.

Wall does deserve the time to grow but like BeasXO said, it's seems HIGHLY unlikely he can reach the success Rose has through his first 3 years, not to mention we don't yet know how Rose's 3rd season will end.

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Actually i'm dissapointed in the way wall defended this year...He's a really good defender but he didnt defend consistently this year.Also i agree i don't think he will be the scorer that Rose is, but he will be close enough but he will probably be the best passer in the league within the next 2-3 seasons, and his scoring will be at about 20 ppg, because of how slick he is with the ball. he needs to improve his strength to finish through contact and absorb the beating he took this season.

Yep Wall showed he could be alockdown defender when he wants.

He won't be that much of a threat on scoring, but it's all good cuz he had the playmaking ability to cover it. So he'll need a scorer just like how Westbrook has KD.

Christofire
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
SOME people were saying Rose had no fire or emotion, but those like me from Chicago who have been watching the kid longer than most, know that's just how Derrick is.

Everybody was saying Rose couldn't shoot but that wasn't true either. He couldn't shoot 3's at all but his midrange jumper was pretty nasty his rookie season.

Wall does deserve the time to grow but like BeasXO said, it's seems HIGHLY unlikely he can reach the success Rose has through his first 3 years, not to mention we don't yet know how Rose's 3rd season will end.

I dont think wall becomes the scorer that rose is and will be. Rose is more physically equipped to score than Wall, but Wall will be the best combo of points and dimes and baords(althoguh i don't care about rebounding from a pg) Plus he will be a damn good scorer. you're right though Rose mid range jumper wasn't all that great in his rookie season, but it was better than wall's

Christofire
04-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Yep Wall showed he could be alockdown defender when he wants.

He won't be that much of a threat on scoring, but it's all good cuz he had the playmaking ability to cover it. So he'll need a scorer just like how Westbrook has KD.

You really think so?...gee i really see him be damn good scorer, not so much with a sick shot, but with a decent shot and his abilty to weave his way in the paint. He's already displayed that ability in his rookie season, when he wasn't gimpy form injury he's been killin it. he and Nick young(if he returns to washington) will be a nice little tandem.

Dengness9
04-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I dont think wall becomes the scorer that rose is and will be. Rose is more physically equipped to score than Wall, but Wall will be the best combo of points and dimes and baords(althoguh i don't care about rebounding from a pg) Plus he will be a damn good scorer. you're right though Rose mid range jumper wasn't all that great in his rookie season, but it was better than wall's

Good point about being physically equipped. Rose is blessed with one of the strongest builds I have ever seen in a PG. If Wall can live in the waitroom this summer when he isn't on the court training, it will improve him so much more. Wall is a twig right now. With some extra weight on his frame he will be better able to absorbs hits in the paint no doubt.

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
You really think so?...gee i really see him be damn good scorer, not so much with a sick shot, but with a decent shot and his abilty to weave his way in the paint. He's already displayed that ability in his rookie season, when he wasn't gimpy form injury he's been killin it. he and Nick young(if he returns to washington) will be a nice little tandem.

When I watch Wall play I don't really his scoring potential like how I saw it in Rose in his rookie season.

Rode ability to finish strong in the paint is what I think seperates himself from Wall. John Wall could get stronger but I dobut his body control will ever match Rose's.

And when I watch Wall it's like he really can't play in a half court game. He really struggles in that. As opposed to Rose who was sick with it in Memphis as well as a rookie.

Christofire
04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
When I watch Wall play I don't really his scoring potential like how I saw it in Rose in his rookie season.

Rode ability to finish strong in the paint is what I think seperates himself from Wall. John Wall could get stronger but I dobut his body control will ever match Rose's.

And when I watch Wall it's like he really can't play in a half court game. He really struggles in that. As opposed to Rose who was sick with it in Memphis as well as a rookie.
he aint gone be rose offensively, but i'm talking about him being a good scorer period. Rose has the best Body control I've even seen in my life.

dynasty1978
04-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Why are Heat "fans" so obsessed with Rose? Perhaps because he's taking the shine away from the 3 queens.

Dengness9
04-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Why are Heat "fans" so obsessed with Rose? Perhaps because he's taking the shine away from the 3 queens.

because they fear him and know he is their biggest problem this year and moving forward for years to come.:dancin

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 12:49 PM
because they fear him and know he is their biggest problem this year and moving forward for years to come.:dancin
Is he?:rolleyes:

Christofire
04-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Good point about being physically equipped. Rose is blessed with one of the strongest builds I have ever seen in a PG. If Wall can live in the waitroom this summer when he isn't on the court training, it will improve him so much more. Wall is a twig right now. With some extra weight on his frame he will be better able to absorbs hits in the paint no doubt.

The human body is an amazing thing, You'd never figure that Wall is heavier than Rose by looking at the two....Derrick rose is a lean muscle genetic freak.

Allstar24
04-21-2011, 12:55 PM
It makes me wonder why Miami fans, D-whistle and Lebron fans in particular, are so sh!t scared of Rose that they feel the need to make multiple threads bashing him. Insecure much?

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Is he?:rolleyes:
Nope it's the ghost of Michael Beasley which is causing the Heat to Lose games against the Bulls.:cheers:

Joking

It's the Bulls defense which really gets the Heat messed and plus the lack of offensive plays Coach Spo has in his playbook

Dengness9
04-21-2011, 12:59 PM
It makes me wonder why Miami fans, D-whistle and Lebron fans in particular, are so sh!t scared of Rose that they feel the need to make multiple threads bashing him. Insecure much?
:applause:

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 01:03 PM
As usual, Bullshit fans have to hijack this thread to defend their mancrush.:banghead: :facepalm

KingBeasley08
04-21-2011, 01:06 PM
As usual, Bullshit fans have to hijack this thread to defend their mancrush.:banghead: :facepalm
i thought u were banned... wheres ashbelly

Crystallas
04-21-2011, 01:06 PM

You should worry about convincing people that you aren't an idiot. Then maybe your opinions will matter to someone.

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 01:08 PM
i thought u were banned... wheres ashbelly
we're back in action.

dude's on hiatus, sick of all these Bulls-hit fans around here hating on us.

ICanDunk
04-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Westbrook has better:

athleticism
playmaking
IQ
scoring weapons

and

SPIN MOVES!

I read somewhere that you used to be a good poster, but it's really hard to believe. Can someone link me to a good thread this troll has made?

sprainedankle
04-21-2011, 01:12 PM
And Derrick Rose got double teamed about 1000 more times than Russell. I refuse to take away from westbrook cuz he is such an awesome young star in the league, but seriously. Westbrook has no idea of the attention he would be getting from defenses if he didn't have Durant. Russy has no idea what it's like to shoulder a load offensively like Rose.

Just sayin'.

I think you don't watch the Thunder enough if this is your argument. I'm not saying Russ is better at this point at all, but I don't think you realize the attention Russ gets defensively from opposing teams. OKC's 2G is almost a zero offensively. Serge is just starting to get an offensive game. Perkins is almost a zero offensively. On defense, teams are all about both KD and Russ.

Yeah Russ isn't the #1 option, but he is the 1st option because he controls the ball every possession. He gets a ton of defensive attention.

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 01:18 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :oldlol:
I read somewhere that you used to be a good poster, but it's really hard to believe. Can someone link me to a good thread this troll has made?

Kblaze8855
04-21-2011, 01:19 PM

SMH @ Rose being even "athletic".

Things like this should make it obvious you dont even believe what you say. Nobody is both that stupid and able to type.

You have to be the kind of jackass that makes a point of finding time daily to sit and make up bullshit you pretend to believe because for some reason children and adults who act like them find it funny to see reactions to idiocy online.

That people like you exist in such numbers is amazing. Almost as amazing as people either not seeing that nobody could be this stupid or pretending they dont while arguing with you for hours at a time.

Kaspah
04-21-2011, 01:23 PM
ITT:

Purple******* wishing he lived in chicago.

Purplehomo wishing he could make out with derrick rose.

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 01:25 PM
ITT:

Purple******* wishing he lived in chicago.

Purplehomo wishing he could make out with derrick rose.

lol Rose bandwagon getting heavy bruh!:oldlol:

Kaspah
04-21-2011, 01:32 PM

lol Rose bandwagon getting heavy bruh!:oldlol:

I'm from IL, I play basketball, I read about basketball, since forever.

My join date doesn't change the fact that BULLS > you (3-0) and the fact no one on this board likes you and sees right thru your act.We all know who the lonely dirtbag is whom has nothing better to do but act like an idiot and cry for attention, full out obviously. We all expect you to come into any interesting topic and literally belittle it with your idiocracy.

I'm kind of upset about even responding to you, but it feels good to tell it how it is.

You're a sad, sad little man.

Glide2keva
04-21-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm from IL, I play basketball, I read about basketball, since forever.

My join date doesn't change the fact that BULLS > you (3-0) and the fact no one on this board likes you and sees right thru your act.We all know who the lonely dirtbag is whom has nothing better to do but act like an idiot and cry for attention, full out obviously. We all expect you to come into any interesting topic and literally belittle it with your idiocracy.

I'm kind of upset about even responding to you, but it feels good to tell it how it is.

You're a sad, sad little man.
He's a pot trying to call a kettle black man.

He's the biggest bandwagon heat fan there is, next to ashbelly.

KingBeasley08
04-21-2011, 01:42 PM
He's a pot trying to call a kettle black man.

He's the biggest bandwagon heat fan there is, next to ashbelly.
he isnt a bandwagoner, just dumb

Go Getter
04-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I think you don't watch the Thunder enough if this is your argument. I'm not saying Russ is better at this point at all, but I don't think you realize the attention Russ gets defensively from opposing teams. OKC's 2G is almost a zero offensively. Serge is just starting to get an offensive game. Perkins is almost a zero offensively. On defense, teams are all about both KD and Russ.

Yeah Russ isn't the #1 option, but he is the 1st option because he controls the ball every possession. He gets a ton of defensive attention.
You must not watch the Bulls much if you are trying to talk about the SG position.

I would trade Bogans and Brewer for Harden and Sef in a heartbeat. *plus KD plays a SG like role anyways.

And we've been playing Kurt Thomas, Omer Asik, and Taj Gibson substantial minutes...

RW doesn't get the same attention that Rose gets stop lying to yourselves folks...plus he has Sef to take on difficult defensive assignments for him like say, um, Derrick Rose!

*the OP, whom I ignore, would say RW is not a key part to the Thunder winning because he shot 7-17 in a victory....that is if he held him to the same standards as Rose.

RintjeRitsma
04-21-2011, 01:48 PM
RW has brilliant games, but can play very out of controle also. Watch the Ibaka block on Chandler (Game 1) for a prime example. I think Rose is way more capable of consistently leading his team.

jjayfive
04-21-2011, 02:11 PM
tough one.. rose>westbrook>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rondo

Crown&Coke
04-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I think this is about one maybe two years too early to even consider that.

Rose is a monster, I don't see that stopping for the next 12 years.

But Westbrook still needs to learn how to play at the end of games, he gets too erratic for my tastes. And I hope he starts to believe he is the best player on the team (even if it might not be true), that is the only way he will become better than Rose.

Kobe believed he was better than Shaq when Shaq was eating all centers alive.

STAT believed he was better than Nash when Nash was slicing up defenses better than the a knife through butter.

Both Melo and AI believed they were better than each other when they were in Denver

Im sure Wade and Lebron believe they are better than the other in Miami.

Westbrook needs to prove to himself he is an elite player, I think he is right there, it just seems like he doesn't believe it himself fully yet.

liquidrage
04-21-2011, 03:23 PM
You must not watch the Bulls much if you are trying to talk about the SG position.

I would trade Bogans and Brewer for Harden and Sef in a heartbeat. *plus KD plays a SG like role anyways.

And we've been playing Kurt Thomas, Omer Asik, and Taj Gibson substantial minutes...

RW doesn't get the same attention that Rose gets stop lying to yourselves folks...plus he has Sef to take on difficult defensive assignments for him like say, um, Derrick Rose!

*the OP, whom I ignore, would say RW is not a key part to the Thunder winning because he shot 7-17 in a victory....that is if he held him to the same standards as Rose.

STOP. Not this myth again.

First, they do get defensed about the same. Teams occasionally trap them and force the ball out of their hands. It's still the NBA. It's still mostly a 1 on 1 defense, outside of traps and whatnot.

Second, Rose plays off the ball a TON more. The Bulls run him off of screens and double screens off the ball at times. Rose is much more a combo guard because the Bulls play him as a combo guard. The Thunder never run Westbrook off the ball.

Next, Rose has TONS of games where he shot like 7 for 20 or 9 for 25. And they still won. What standard was he being held too then?

I think Westbrook is a better PG then Rose. But not a better player. I think right now Rose is a slightly better player then Westbrook. He's a little more consistent offensively, Russ is a little more binge and purge. Not a ton, but certainly a bit more volatile. As far as setting up others and making plays for others, I think Russ has a slight edge. I'd dare say half of Rose assists are jump shots out of the trap, and the main reason Rose has a higher degree of assists on jump shots then Westbrook does.

talkingconch
04-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Nope, Rose is better

sry

Go Getter
04-21-2011, 03:36 PM
STOP. Not this myth again.

First, they do get defensed about the same. Teams occasionally trap them and force the ball out of their hands. It's still the NBA. It's still mostly a 1 on 1 defense, outside of traps and whatnot.

Second, Rose plays off the ball a TON more. The Bulls run him off of screens and double screens off the ball at times. Rose is much more a combo guard because the Bulls play him as a combo guard. The Thunder never run Westbrook off the ball.

Next, Rose has TONS of games where he shot like 7 for 20 or 9 for 25. And they still won. What standard was he being held too then?

I think Westbrook is a better PG then Rose. But not a better player. I think right now Rose is a slightly better player then Westbrook. He's a little more consistent offensively, Russ is a little more binge and purge. Not a ton, but certainly a bit more volatile. As far as setting up others and making plays for others, I think Russ has a slight edge. I'd dare say half of Rose assists are jump shots out of the trap, and the main reason Rose has a higher degree of assists on jump shots then Westbrook does.

1.) About the same is not the same. Teams can concentrate on Rose more than RW, he's the second option, Rose has never played with a go-to-guy like Durant so he could sit back and play a natural PG position (except in the WC:oldlol: ).

Denying this makes you look ignorant or homerism man it is a FACT.

Until we see RW as a number one option we will not know if he can step up and carry a team like D. Rose....not saying he can't but it is what it is.

2.) I was speaking about PC, the OP, not about RW or Rose's shooting performances but if you want to get technical rose shot 48 and 49% in his first two seasons in the league which is substantially higher than what RW shot. Rose had to incorporate Korver, Boozer, Bogans, Brewer, CJ, Thomas, and Asik into an offense that required him to take on 45% of the scoring. Let's be real here...if Rose had someone like Durant he could sit back and chill more and take better shots.

3.) Get outta here with that "better Pg but worse player" crap. Rose is better right now, was better last year, and was better their rookie year. One day that might change but right now it is what it is.

and don't pull that Chicago card, Kirk Hinrich played PG for us as well as Jay Williams, Khalid El-Amin, and other nefarious busters.

Rose is the real deal.

Coach K doesn't care where or who he plays for I'm sure.

ATL_Bball_King
04-21-2011, 03:37 PM
This must be why this thread was created

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218847

This thread is obviously a hate thread...

But people will still comment on the matter, to entertain i guess....:facepalm

50inchvertical
04-21-2011, 03:39 PM
In the small 4 game sample size (an Eastern Conference road trip) that KD was injured, Russ averaged ~ 28ppg and went 4-0 to include going into Boston and destroying them also with no Jeff Green.

Go Getter
04-21-2011, 03:46 PM
In the small 4 game sample size (an Eastern Conference road trip) that KD was injured, Russ averaged ~ 28ppg and went 4-0 to include going into Boston and destroying them also with no Jeff Green.
Comparing four games to three seasons man (2 and a half really)?

imdaman99
04-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Not yet but I fully expect it to happen in a year or 2. Westbrooks FG% gets better every year and Rose's just dipped because he thought he was an elite 3 point shooter. Sure when he makes it, but when he misses them they clank real hard :lol

I suppose Rose's FG% had to dip since he got better players on his team :lol or better yet because Boozer and Noah both missed half the seasons, as if he even knows how to pass it to those guys. Some Bulls fan argued with me that Rose driving and missing layups was helping to set up Noahs game because he can than run in for offensive rebounds. Yeah obviously if you draw another defender it gives Noah an easier chance to get the rebound but don't act as if Rose putting up a wild layup is advancing Noahs game :oldlol:

Westbrook isn't holding anyones game back. As a matter of fact, I can see Durant and Ibaka and Sef and Perkins (ok maybe not Perk) having their best offensive seasons on the Thunder, with Westbrook as their PG. While Boozers stats will go down playing alongside a PG that doesn't know how to get him the ball (not like DWill at least). Unless you're counting on Korver hitting these huge 3s in every game in the final minutes :lol

But Rose will lead the league in scoring someday.

Go Getter
04-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Not yet but I fully expect it to happen in a year or 2. Westbrooks FG% gets better every year and Rose's just dipped because he thought he was an elite 3 point shooter. Sure when he makes it, but when he misses them they clank real hard :lol

I suppose Rose's FG% had to dip since he got better players on his team :lol or better yet because Boozer and Noah both missed half the seasons, as if he even knows how to pass it to those guys. Some Bulls fan argued with me that Rose driving and missing layups was helping to set up Noahs game because he can than run in for offensive rebounds. Yeah obviously if you draw another defender it gives Noah an easier chance to get the rebound but don't act as if Rose putting up a wild layup is advancing Noahs game :oldlol:

Westbrook isn't holding anyones game back. As a matter of fact, I can see Durant and Ibaka and Sef and Perkins (ok maybe not Perk) having their best offensive seasons on the Thunder, with Westbrook as their PG. While Boozers stats will go down playing alongside a PG that doesn't know how to get him the ball (not like DWill at least). Unless you're counting on Korver hitting these huge 3s in every game in the final minutes :lol

But Rose will lead the league in scoring someday.

Your hate is spewing through your post man it's funny.

Nothing in your incoherent rant resembled a coherent point as to why RW is better than Rose....Even though Rose experimented with a three point shot this year his FG% was similar to RW and as a #1 option to boot.

Not to mention Rose can scale back at any time and shoot near 50% something RW has never done for a season.

Lol at you giving Korver of all people cerdit for the Bull's late game success.

Welcome to ignore.

imdaman99
04-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Guy living in Utah that's a Bulls fan...I guess if the Jazz couldn't beat them, why not join them :lol Surprised to see you stuck around so long, wondered why you didn't become a Laker fan after the Lakers beat them how many straight years.

I credited Korver as a teammate of his, I didn't say Rose was not THE reason for success :lol Clearly mad that I made points that he didn't know how to reply with so he commented about putting me on Ignore :lol later dude, peaceout :D

Go Getter
04-21-2011, 04:03 PM
imdaman99
This message is hidden because imdaman99 is on your ignore list.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-21-2011, 04:13 PM
WHy are you idiots wasting your time arguing when the OP is a f@ggot(He admits he's gay in another thread) and a hater? It's obvious Rose>>>>>Westbrook. Stop feeding the gay OP, he obviously is dumb as bricks.

PurpleChuck
04-21-2011, 04:16 PM
WHy are you idiots wasting your time arguing when the OP is a f@ggot(He admits he's gay in another thread) and a hater? It's obvious Rose>>>>>Westbrook. Stop feeding the gay OP, he obviously is dumb as bricks.
How the fvck is it "obvious"???:facepalm

It really is a legit argument. 2 young PGs.

And when did I admit that I'm gay?:facepalm

hkfosho
04-21-2011, 04:39 PM
One is a first-option and the MVP

The other is a second option playing alongside a top 10 player

ILLsmak
04-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Over Rose?

Rose is more athletic than Westbrook.

Rose is quicker
Rose is faster
Rose jumps higher(running and standing)
Rose is stronger

What does Westbrook do more athletically than Derrick?

He's bigger... I really don't think Rose is stronger, either.

IMO, if Westbrook wasn't a superior athlete, there would be no reason to discuss Rose vs Westbrook because every basketball related category goes to Rose.

It's not like he blows Rose out of the water, but when you watch Westbrook play you are like "oh shit" just thinking about how much more refined his game could be and how much of a great basketball body he has.

-Smak

8BeastlyXOIAD
04-21-2011, 06:07 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: PurpleChuck banned again :roll: :roll: :roll:

FathosRgoodatBJ
04-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Westbrook has better:

athleticism
playmaking
IQ
scoring weapons

and

SPIN MOVES!

Ching Chong Ling Long Ding Dong?

:lol

talkingconch
04-21-2011, 06:36 PM
How the fvck is it "obvious"???:facepalm

It really is a legit argument. 2 young PGs.

And when did I admit that I'm gay?:facepalm

Glide2keva
04-21-2011, 06:37 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: PurpleChuck banned again :roll: :roll: :roll:
Is he really?

Ikill
04-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Westbrook and Rose are really close but Rose is a little bit better at everything

Ikill
04-21-2011, 08:44 PM
He's bigger... I really don't think Rose is stronger, either.

IMO, if Westbrook wasn't a superior athlete, there would be no reason to discuss Rose vs Westbrook because every basketball related category goes to Rose.

It's not like he blows Rose out of the water, but when you watch Westbrook play you are like "oh shit" just thinking about how much more refined his game could be and how much of a great basketball body he has.

-Smak
Rose has a longer wingspan and is heavier, while Westbrook has a higher standing reach

Ikill
04-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Rose is faster with and without the ball
Rose jumps higher
Rose is quicker with the ball
Rose has a longer wingspan and is heavier

Westbrook is stronger
Westbrook is taller
Westbrook is quicker without the ball

There really close in athleticism but Roses body control and ball handling give him an edge

crosso√er
04-21-2011, 08:53 PM
It's a valid comparison and anyone who says Westbrook isn't because he's the "2nd best" player on his team is full of shit. I'd consider Russell just as dangerous as Durant and perhaps more valuable to his team this year. It's a detriment to Russell because he has to share the spotlight. I can see him doing just as much damage if not more on the Bulls as Rose has, do I consider him better? Not sure, haven't seen too enough games to make this judgment.

When the Lakers played Chicago & OKC this year; I feared both players in a similar manner, they both have a lot of similar attributes to their game. I think Russell's numbers would be a lot higher without Durant and he'd also be a legit MVP candidate. Pick you poison; they're both deadly.

AI3Anthony
04-21-2011, 09:05 PM
PurpleChuck.. how the **** do you figure Rose has no playmaking ability? STFU troll.

stevieming
04-22-2011, 04:56 AM
Rose is better the westbrook, no doubt.

Westbrook is shaky with decisions and mentally tries to do too much.

Athletically there's not much between them. Watching their slashing games is very interesting though. Rose has a better to the rim game, he navigates left and right and twists through spaces, where as Russell is pretty much straight line and spins...

nbastatus
04-22-2011, 06:58 AM
Just remove this thread. :lol

TheTruth11
04-22-2011, 07:08 AM
Westbrook has better:

athleticism
playmaking
IQ
scoring weapons

and

SPIN MOVES!

According to the NBA draft combine, Derrick Rose runs faster and jumps higher than Westbrook

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/

nathanjizzle
04-22-2011, 07:35 AM
im not sure why i even respond to this idiots threads because hes just a d rose hater but this is why derrick rose is better than russell westbrook

Against the top 6 teams in the nba, this includes lakers dallas boston spurs bulls miami,
russell westbrook averages 19 points....assists not known
d rose averages 30 points and 7 assist.

so yes westbrook is clearly better than d rose.

d rose hater:facepalm