PDA

View Full Version : Rose now shooting 37% from the floor, 4.7 assists/game 4.7 to/game

YouCallILose
04-21-2011, 10:39 PM
and he's still being hyped for it. Durant put up roughly the same shooting numbers vs the NBA champs last year and was crucified for it. Love the hypocrisy with Chicago fans.

redsoxballer
04-21-2011, 10:41 PM
and he's still being hyped for it. Durant put up roughly the same shooting numbers vs the NBA champs last year and was crucified for it. Love the hypocrisy with Chicago fans.

:lol :lol :lol

He's giving 07 Dirk a run for his money as worst first round by an MVP ever. i think this proves Dwight got robbed and Rose is a worse version of Stephon Marbury

supermechasonic
04-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Thats not gonna cut it when the Bulls play a better team. Give Rose credit though, he is closing out games very well.

juju151111
04-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Rose was a 60% ts before this game. What was Durant. Did Durant take over the games in the 4th like Rose did? Or did Ron arrest makehim his ***** in the 4th?

XSNiper
04-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Rose took over the game, by shooting free throws. ROSE WITH ANOTHER FREE THROW! ROOOSE OMG DID YOU SEE THAT FREE THROW! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Harison
04-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Bulls won despite of Rose. No use to hate him or anything, this just proves Bulls are very good team and its main strength is defense. Thib probably has greater impact to Bulls success than Rose himself.

Notorious D.M.C

suck it

pauk
1 of 1000 bla bla bla..... who cares if he is the most overrated biggest shotjacker in the league...... because ---> "but but but but he hit the last shot.... ??" :oldlol:

Glide2keva
:lol :lol :lol

He's giving 07 Dirk a run for his money as worst first round by an MVP ever. I think this proves Dwight got robbed and Rose is a worse version of Stephon Marbury

Yeah, Dwight was robbed of an award that hasn't been handed out yet. :facepalm

And last I checked MVP was based on regular season play and had nothing to do with the playoffs.

UtahJazzFan88
04-21-2011, 10:47 PM

Not a Rose/Bulls fan boy, but I'm pretty sure the OKC fans did the same thing so yeah.

Glide2keva
04-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Rose took over the game, by shooting free throws. ROSE WITH ANOTHER FREE THROW! ROOOSE OMG DID YOU SEE THAT FREE THROW! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Did you see the goonish fouls by Indiana? Shut the **** up.

Glide2keva
04-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Bulls won despite of Rose. No use to hate him or anything, this just proves Bulls are very good team and its main strength is defense. Thib probably has greater impact to Bulls success than Rose himself.
Hate is such a strong emotion, you should really let it out of you. You'd feel much better.

pauk
04-21-2011, 10:49 PM

very well said..... these chicago fans are worse than ****ing kobe fans.... imagine if they actually had a good player like durant or kobe or lebron or wade or something.... JEEAZUUZ.... they would probably made a statue outside already surrounded by the fans going in circles and bowing down like its in mecca or something....

Lakers13
04-21-2011, 10:50 PM
He wins games, get off his balls already.

97 bulls
04-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Rose was a 60% ts before this game. What was Durant. Did Durant take over the games in the 4th like Rose did? Or did Ron arrest makehim his ***** in the 4th?
Were on the same page tonight juju. Rose is there when the bulls need him. Durant wasn't.

Oh and the bulls are up 3-0.

Harison
04-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Hate is such a strong emotion, you should really let it out of you. You'd feel much better.
I dont hate any player, if hate bothers you so much, follow your own advise :pimp:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-21-2011, 10:52 PM
MVP :bowdown:

Harison
How about team wins the games? Rose by himself? Not so much.

pauk

yes but this is the problem with bulls (excuse me.. i mean rose fans.. big difference actually).... they refuse to give credit to bulls #1 defense and depth.... they know thats the cause to their success and why rose can shotjack and play this horrible and still win.... but they refuse to acknowledge that because they want to give all the credit to rose.... like if its really HIS doing.... despite him being even less efficient than last year ffs...

Glide2keva
04-21-2011, 10:54 PM
How about team wins the games? Rose by himself? Not so much.
You're an idiot, so I guess you missed the game winning drive to the rim in this game, and the two previous games where he hit the clutch shot or made the pass to Korver for the game winner.

I mean damn, you talk like the Bulls without him are world beaters.

Colby Brian
04-21-2011, 10:58 PM

durants overrated
that dude averages like 2-3 assists per game

Harison
04-21-2011, 11:01 PM
You're an idiot, so I guess you missed the game winning drive to the rim in this game, and the two previous games where he hit the clutch shot or made the pass to Korver for the game winner.

I mean damn, you talk like the Bulls without him are world beaters.
Another Rose homer to ignore list :confusedshrug: If he actually played for the team and set up his teammates for scoring, he would have more than 2 assists, yet he kept bricking, thats bad offense. Forward like Deng had 3x more assist than MVP PG. When you think about it, its funny :D

YouCallILose
04-21-2011, 11:02 PM
durants overrated
that dude averages like 2-3 assists per game

haha durant's a small forward

and rose is fvcking averaging 4.7 assists per game right now as a point guard..and 4.7 turnovers as well

This guy is a joke

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:04 PM
"We got the best closer in the world," Bulls center Joakim Noah said. "And everybody knows it. And they know it. And we know it. And their coach knows it. And they say it, too. They have no problem saying it. And we all know it, so that's definitely gives confidence to our team."

Right now, he is the best closer in the world," Bulls guard Kyle Korver said. "He wants the ball. He knows he can get a shot off. It doesn't matter what has happened the whole game. Great players are able to do that, come through when the team really needs you. And he's done that all year. He's He's hit so many big shots this year ... He's 22 years old. It's pretty special. I'm definitely glad he's on my team."

trig
04-21-2011, 11:05 PM
bulls win with a game winning drive!!! (not with a no call goaltend)

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:05 PM

and rose is fvcking averaging 4.7 assists per game right now as a point guard..and 4.7 turnovers as well

This guy is a joke

Haters Gonna Hate

YouCallILose
04-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Rose aka best closer in the game, 1-6 in the 4th tonight

40.0 FG% in crunch time on the season

Yep, real clutch :rolleyes:

NBASTATMAN
04-21-2011, 11:06 PM

He made the game winner though... Still his team is winning and that is the reason he isn't being baked on TV or this board..

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Another Rose homer to ignore list :confusedshrug: If he actually played for the team and set up his teammates for scoring, he would have more than 2 assists, yet he kept bricking, thats bad offense. Forward like Deng had 3x more assist than MVP PG. When you think about it, its funny :D

The Pacers were double teaming him.. Meaning he had to pass to his teammates.. His TEAMMATES were given a 4 on 3 and COULD NOT take advantage.

HOW IS THAT ROSE'S fault? When Rose has a bad game, he still wins. When Lebron or some of these other stars have bad games they lose.. Hmm.. Maybe there is something more than just pointless stats..

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Rose aka best closer in the game, 1-6 in the 4th tonight

40.0 FG% in crunch time on the season

Yep, real clutch :rolleyes:

Yup. Made the game winning shot. The only one that mattered.

50inchvertical
04-21-2011, 11:08 PM
4-18 fgs and 15fts. Ouch!

YouCallILose
04-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Yup. Made the game winning shot. The only one that mattered.

Yep. If he shoots 50% on the night the Bulls win by 10+. Those other shots meant nothing :rolleyes:

Rose wins on nights he plays poorly because he plays on the #1 defensive & rebounding team in the NBA. The Bulls win with defense, depth, and rebounding..not Derrick ROse

Hoopz2332
04-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Rose looking like a inferior version of prime Iverson:oldlol:

trig
04-21-2011, 11:12 PM
4000+ post of nothing but Rose hate. just stick with your westbrook and durant. why waste your time convincing everyone that rose suck

redsoxballer
04-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Rose looking like a inferior version of prime Iverson:oldlol:

Thats an insult to Iverson. Rose can't lick iversons jockstrap. AI dropped 48 and beat the lakers. Rose struggles to shoot over 40% against the softest team in the league. Rose is comparable to prime Jamal Crawford, but its still insulting to Crawford

Hulk Hogan
04-21-2011, 11:14 PM
1 of 1000 bla bla bla..... who cares if he is the most overrated biggest shotjacker in the league...... because ---> "but but but but he hit the last shot.... ??" :oldlol:

Clutch... get off your gimmick account fool!

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Yep. If he shoots 50% on the night the Bulls win by 10+. Those other shots meant nothing :rolleyes:

Rose wins on nights he plays poorly because he plays on the #1 defensive & rebounding team in the NBA. The Bulls win with defense, depth, and rebounding..not Derrick ROse

The Pacers play the same way and lose. Figure that one out. Bulls would NOWHERE without Rose. Rose commands a double team all the time. He gets his points when they MATTER

YouCallILose
04-21-2011, 11:16 PM
The Pacers play the same way and lose. Figure that one out. Bulls would NOWHERE without Rose. Rose commands a double team all the time. He gets his points when they MATTER

just curious, since winning is all that matters for rose..if kobe gets 7 rings is he better than MJ?

ballinhun8
04-21-2011, 11:17 PM
^ join date : 2011

Ohhh ok i get why he talks like that then.

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Haters Gonna Hate :roll:

Bigsmoke
04-21-2011, 11:18 PM
The Bulls havent lose a game since March 28th:eek:

i like that more than just individual numbers

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:19 PM
just curious, since winning is all that matters for rose..if kobe gets 7 rings is he better than MJ?

If he has a poor shooting night, does that mean Kobe is a scrub?

YouCallILose
04-21-2011, 11:20 PM
If he has a poor shooting night, does that mean Kobe is a scrub?

Do people accuse Kobe of being carried in game 7 of the Finals last year? When he shot 6-24, which is better than Rose who just went 4-18

Harison
04-21-2011, 11:21 PM
The Pacers were double teaming him.. Meaning he had to pass to his teammates.. His TEAMMATES were given a 4 on 3 and COULD NOT take advantage.

HOW IS THAT ROSE'S fault? When Rose has a bad game, he still wins. When Lebron or some of these other stars have bad games they lose.. Hmm.. Maybe there is something more than just pointless stats..
You mean awesome passing to teammates which led to 2 assists and 5 turnovers? :bowdown: Only Boozer had an off game, the rest off the starters get a good scoring night, so no, its not their fault Rose didnt set up them for scoring, as mentioned before, even Deng had THREE TIMES as many assists as Rose.

Second part is true, Bulls are very good team and can win despite of Rose. You see, some teams actually rely on their star players to perform well. Can you imagine Magic winning with such a bad night by Dwight? Not really, no. Dwight had better performance in his 1st game this series than Rose ever did in his life and yet Magic lost anyway.

MayCeltics
04-21-2011, 11:22 PM
MVP numbers :oldlol:

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Do people accuse Kobe of being carried in game 7 of the Finals last year? When he shot 6-24, which is better than Rose who just went 4-18

Are you really trying to say that 6-24 is better than 4-18? They are basically the same numbers..

I just think you are mad because we won't lick Kobe's nuts and you are jealous that Rose gets all this attention.

You need to learn to bow down to the Bulls and their fans.

YouCallILose
04-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Are you really trying to say that 6-24 is better than 4-18? They are basically the same numbers..

I just think you are mad because we won't lick Kobe's nuts and you are jealous that Rose gets all this attention.

6-24=25%
4-18=22.2%

You going to tell me that 1=3.8?

I don't even like Kobe you toolbag

97 bulls
04-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Nope

Bigsmoke
04-21-2011, 11:25 PM

he has no life.

he NEVER makes threads when Rose does have a great night.

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:26 PM
You mean awesome passing to teammates which led to 2 assists and 5 turnovers? :bowdown: Only Boozer had an off game, the rest off the starters get a good scoring night, so no, its not their fault Rose didnt set up them for scoring, as mentioned before, even Deng had THREE TIMES as many assists as Rose.

Second part is true, Bulls are very good team and can win despite of Rose. You see, some teams actually rely on their star players to perform well. Can you imagine Magic winning with such a bad night by Dwight? Not really, no. Dwight had better performance in his 1st game this series than Rose ever did in his life and yet Magic lost anyway.

So you're saying that Stars can't have average/poor games? Also, Rose doesn't have any teammates that are go to scorers. Rose is relied upon to do EVERYTHING because nobody else does ANYTHING.

Boozer was awful tonight. Noah played so so defense. Deng had a good game and the same goes for Korver but other than that nobody played well.

Again, when Rose can create a 4 on 3, it's not his fault his teammates can't score. Or when Rose hits guys for open looks and they miss......

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:27 PM
6-24=25%
4-18=22.2%

4-18 is basically the same as 6-24.

trig
04-21-2011, 11:27 PM
How many players do you see being double teamed from half court with the other 3 waiting for him to foul him hard almost the whole game

PBJ_Time
04-21-2011, 11:28 PM
You may get by with this against the Pacers. It's not going to happen the next round.

YouCallILose
04-21-2011, 11:29 PM
How many players do you see being double teamed from half court with the other 3 waiting for him to foul him hard almost the whole game

If he's getting double teamed that means he has teammates wide open. Given he's a point guard, he should be averaging more than 4.7 assists per game IMO

97 bulls
04-21-2011, 11:29 PM
What's with the fascination with roses fg% the bulls won. Should bulls fans be upset that the bulls won even though rose shot a "bad" percentage?

Colby Brian
04-21-2011, 11:30 PM
6-24=25%
4-18=22.2%

kobe had 15 rebounds in game 7

23/15/2 > 23/3/2

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:32 PM
You may get by with this against the Pacers. It's not going to happen the next round.

Actually, the teams in the next round are not going to play as well as the Pacers. Playoffs are all about matchups and the Pacers match up well because of their depth. A team like Miami will lose because of no depth. You can't RELY on your stars. You need a team to win. Orlando knows this all too well..

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:32 PM
kobe had 15 rebounds in game 7

23/15/2 > 23/3/2

Derrick Rose is 22 and how old is Kobe?

redsoxballer
04-21-2011, 11:33 PM
dam even Eric Snow would be embarrased to be putting up Rose's percentages O_O

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:33 PM
If he's getting double teamed that means he has teammates wide open. Given he's a point guard, he should be averaging more than 4.7 assists per game IMO

He hit his open teammates but they couldn't do anything. He doesn't have H.O.F./star players like Rondo or Kobe does

Bigsmoke
04-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Actually, the teams in the next round are not going to play as well as the Pacers. Playoffs are all about matchups and the Pacers match up well because of their depth. A team like Miami will lose because of no depth. You can't RELY on your stars. You need a team to win. Orlando knows this all too well..

none of there stars are even in their 30's so they can play 44-47 minutes a night if they need to.

Harison
04-21-2011, 11:34 PM
So you're saying that Stars can't have average/poor games? Also, Rose doesn't have any teammates that are go to scorers. Rose is relied upon to do EVERYTHING because nobody else does ANYTHING.

Boozer was awful tonight. Noah played so so defense. Deng had a good game and the same goes for Korver but other than that nobody played well.

Again, when Rose can create a 4 on 3, it's not his fault his teammates can't score. Or when Rose hits guys for open looks and they miss......
When stars with poor teams have bad games, their team loses, when stars with good teams have bad games, their teams can still win, whats so hard to understand?

And again - Bulls main strength is defense, and Rose has no part of it. If his teammates outside of Boozer have a good scoring night its not their fault Rose didnt set them up. Its PG fault, simple as that.

YouCallILose
04-21-2011, 11:35 PM
He hit his open teammates but they couldn't do anything. He doesn't have H.O.F./star players like Rondo or Kobe does

The team shot 45% from the field and 50% from 3 tonight excluding Rose's chucking. They're also the top defensive & rebounding team in the league. Ya obviously they suck:rolleyes:

Colby Brian
04-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Derrick Rose is 22 and how old is Kobe?

lol 15 rebounds for a guard is pretty damn good at any age

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:43 PM

Rose is just starting to improve.. Imagine Rose in a couple years when he starts winning multiple titles and then I can start taking dumps on yo head.

Pointguard
04-21-2011, 11:44 PM

True, that double is extra early. Indiana's strategy is to go at Rose at all cost. Rose keeps his head and still finds a way to win the game. He keeps Indiana off balance the whole game, always giving them enough to chew on or to think they have him corralled. Its a great chess game. Rose picks his spots and always shoots from different parts of the floor. He lulled them to sleep and then strikes the basket, big, hard, fast and mission is accomplished.

ljsbb27
04-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Durant homer is MAD because Rose is going to win MVP before his boytoy Durant.

All of you people hating on Rose just sound foolish.

Arguing that Rose is not a main part of Bulls success? Really? Take Rose off the Bulls they still have best record in the whole league? Please.

People just sound stupid.

Arguing 25% over 22.5% or something like that. Really? Who cares? Your going to waste time arguing over 2.5%? Pathetic.

Rose is doing what he needs to do in order for his team to win. He's doing what his head coach, staff, and teammattes ask of him.

Bulls were 62-20. Best record in the league for those who have forgotten. And that's with Boozer missing about 20 games and the same for Noah for those who have forgotten.

We're 3-0 in the playoffs. Plain and simple we're getting Wins.

Worry about your teams and worry about our Bulls IF your teams make it far enough to get the oppurtunity to play us.

DRose can win the MVP and win the freekin NBA Title and idiots on this board will say "Oh but he only shot 39% in the Finals when so and so won he shot 41.1% from the field!"

Who gives a damn!?

He works on his game. He's improved each and every year he's been in the league and he's still only 22. He's a warrior. He's a leader. He's humble. He plays hard each and every night and does as much as he can to try and will his team to victory.

Worry about your damn teams and favorite players. People talk more about Rose than they do about their own teams. Jeez. Enough already.

MayCeltics
04-21-2011, 11:46 PM

freelancing on defense. Basically leaving Rajon Rondo open and going after the ball. Easy assignment.

6/24

jaydacris
04-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Rose now shooting 37% from the floor, 4.7 assists/game 4.7 to/game against the MIGHTY PACERS

Colby Brian
04-21-2011, 11:49 PM
freelancing on defense. Basically leaving Rajon Rondo open and going after the ball. Easy assignment.

6/24

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Kobe-Bryant-2010-Finals-MVP-psd49003.png

http://my.lakers.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/parade_kobe.jpg

he grabbed more rebounds than kg, wallace, and allen
u MAD?

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Rose now shooting 37% from the floor, 4.7 assists/game 4.7 to/game against the MIGHTY PACERS

Bulls up 3-0. Doesn't matter how it happens.

ballup
04-21-2011, 11:52 PM
An all star player isn't putting up great stats in the playoffs!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Velisis/omgz.gif

STR8OUTACHICAGO
04-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Why are we talking about Kobe?

Colby Brian
04-21-2011, 11:53 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/4220_boys/Kobe-Bryant-2010-NBA-Finals-MVP-Wal.jpg

http://files.sharenator.com/Kobe_U_Mad_Apparently_Superwoman_has_an_eyesight_p roblem-s230x180-135498-410.jpg

oh the horror
04-21-2011, 11:54 PM
So, with Kobe getting up there in age......Is Rose going to be one of the newer stars that the trolls will migrate to? :roll:

MayCeltics
04-21-2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Kobe-Bryant-2010-Finals-MVP-psd49003.png

http://my.lakers.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/parade_kobe.jpg

he grabbed more rebounds than kg, wallace, and allen
u MAD?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3BaJMgGKAmE/SFk4zgYXaVI/AAAAAAAAD-U/1OsKJ3qvrng/s400/kobe+fail+6.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OzWla_7GOKo/TSBYOTkMpgI/AAAAAAAAAFc/V6C8XndJcWI/s1600/kobe_shaq.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RaOrchOImw8/S28WPxCTH9I/AAAAAAAAdIY/vdiMVQ9PGmI/s400/Robert+Horry+1.jpg

Colby Brian
04-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Why are we talking about Kobe?

celtic fan was talkin bout game 7 , apparently still butthurt :lol

Colby Brian
04-21-2011, 11:57 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3BaJMgGKAmE/SFk4zgYXaVI/AAAAAAAAD-U/1OsKJ3qvrng/s400/kobe+fail+6.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OzWla_7GOKo/TSBYOTkMpgI/AAAAAAAAAFc/V6C8XndJcWI/s1600/kobe_shaq.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RaOrchOImw8/S28WPxCTH9I/AAAAAAAAdIY/vdiMVQ9PGmI/s400/Robert+Horry+1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaUqTa9diWE&feature=related

hahaha u mad

butthurt? :roll:

Colby Brian
04-21-2011, 11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lxS-sHq5Rw&feature=related

50inchvertical
04-22-2011, 12:00 AM
I love how he was 22%FG and they show all the makes to make it seem like he was just killing and not that he scores the majority of his points from the ft stripe.

Colby Brian
04-22-2011, 12:02 AM
http://images.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/celtics-lose.jpg

trig
04-22-2011, 12:04 AM
lol the rose hate thread turned into kobe vs boston

G-Funk
04-22-2011, 12:06 AM
very well said..... these chicago fans are worse than ****ing kobe fans.... imagine if they actually had a good player like durant or kobe or lebron or wade or something.... JEEAZUUZ.... they would probably made a statue outside already surrounded by the fans going in circles and bowing down like its in mecca or something....

Heat fans are even worse, well so called Heat fans! Get off Rose's nuts

juju151111
04-22-2011, 12:10 AM

What about gms 1 and two when the bulls were down 10 points and the other 5 points. He shitted all over them

juju151111
04-22-2011, 12:12 AM
6-24=25%
4-18=22.2%

One was in gm7 the other in round 1 up 2-0

AirJordan&Magic
04-22-2011, 12:14 AM
lol the rose hate thread turned into kobe vs boston

Only on ISH.

DetroitPistonFan
04-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Michael Jordan's 2nd 3peat NBA Finals stats.

.415 FG% .316 3PT%

.456 FG% .320 3PT%

.427 FG% .308 3PT%

Jordan wasn't that great. Who is gonna expect Kobe to have put up great stats at his old age in his 30's since Jordan can't?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/811/105/72378841_crop_650x440.jpg

Pointguard
04-22-2011, 12:21 AM
When stars with poor teams have bad games, their team loses, when stars with good teams have bad games, their teams can still win, whats so hard to understand?

And again - Bulls main strength is defense, and Rose has no part of it. If his teammates outside of Boozer have a good scoring night its not their fault Rose didnt set them up. Its PG fault, simple as that.
This series is 3-0 in favor of Indiana without Rose. Rose totally destabilizes defenses. You see a bad game because you are on some serious psychological hunt to see a bad game. Your mind has distorted a reality where efficiency is equivalent to objective. In theory, efficiency is good model to pursue. But in competition, it is better to be practical.

Chaos, deconstructing a defense, readjusting to schemes, setting a team up, breaking down a team down for ease later in the game, imposing your will usually mean more in competition than efficiency. A simple man wants things easy, no obstructions, 55% success rate. A more realistic man will be about objectives. Chicago plays like this all the time. But you want to say it isn't so, or say that it doesn't make sense even after it achieves what it set out to do. As Nas put it, people hate what they don't understand. You need more tools of comprehension to approach seeing what Rose is doing.

In short, this is the story why you, and your fellow stat addicted friends are seeing an illusion of efficiency that means nothing in the world of competition. Or yall just haters that can't see a repeat pattern of wins.

AirJordan&Magic
04-22-2011, 12:22 AM

.415 FG% .316 3PT%

.456 FG% .320 3PT%

.427 FG% .308 3PT%

Jordan wasn't that great. Who is gonna expect Kobe to have put up great stats at his old age in his 30's since Jordan can't?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/811/105/72378841_crop_650x440.jpg

Michael Jordan was definitely that great in the 1997 Nba finals, and he played well in the 1998 finals also.

This fg% nonsense is getting annoying.

az00m
04-22-2011, 12:35 AM
whats his TS

Mrofir
04-22-2011, 12:47 AM
6-24=25%
4-18=22.2%

WHAT HAPPENED? Last night there was intelligent discussion all over ISH and I was double checking my browser to make sure I was at the right website. But tonight.. oh dear. I don't even know where to jump in in this cyclical pointless and horribly argued "debate".

I just want to randomly point out that if you are shooting 4-18, in order to get to 6-24 you then have to decide to take 6 more shots. "Oh Im shooting 22%, maybe I should take 6 more shots right?"

If you're shooting below a certain % you're hurting your team. Lets say that number is 40%. If you're shooting under that %, stop shooting so much. It's retarded to argue that Kobe's 6-24 was somehow better than Rose's 4-18 because of the 3% difference. Id rather start at 4-18, take those 6 shots and distribute them to teammates. That's just me.

Plus you're comparing a finals performance to a 1st round performance.

I dont even know. man.

comerb
04-22-2011, 12:51 AM

To be fair, he's coming up big when it counts.

But I agree that he's generally playing like shit and it is a big reason Indiana is close come crunch time.

trig
04-22-2011, 01:17 AM
isnt this goaltending?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pik8l1pjKVU

BEAST Griffin
04-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Kinda funny how you switch between FG% and TS%...whatever fits your agenda I guess.

eeeeeebro
04-22-2011, 01:38 AM
i know everyone saw this game. The other team was intentionaly fouling rose. pushing him in his back elbow to the face ect.... its not like rose was being defended. he was being pushed shoved and thrown around. Im very sure not all the fouls were called since it would completely ruin the game to have the ref call every contact out there. SO yeah he played bad. But in the end rose came through like a butter knife and took the contact and scored vs 4 people. He took the game again. So you know what who cares if rose is not the best player right now he is still not losing and will be every bulls fans hero every night. Its like ice cream we are happy with our flavor. We wouldnt trade it for any other flavor. To beat the bulls Rose has to be stopped. Indiana's whole game plan is to stop rose. SPURS had one of them game plans for Lebron only difference is They stopped lebron indiana hasnt stopped rose yet. Slowed him down? yes but stop him no.

Assassin
04-22-2011, 01:48 AM
He hasn't shot well but he's pretty clutch. He always come up big in the 4th quarter.

all_or_nothing
04-22-2011, 02:30 AM
I don't like the FG% argument. I mean if you look at a few patterns you'll see that a low FG% (low 40s) may seem bad but the difference between a low and high FG% can mean 1 or 2 shots made.

For example,

FG FGA
3, 4, 5, / 10

FG%
.300, .400, .500 (10% differential)

3, 4, 5, 6, / 12
.250, .333, .417, .500 (~8% differential)

4, 5, 6, 7, 8 / 15
.267, .333, .400, .467, .533 (~7% differential)

6, 7, 8, 9 , 10 / 20
.300, .350, .400, .450, .500 (5% differential)

8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 / 25
.320, .360, .400, .440, .480, .520 (4% differential)

So, if you take 15 shots and get 8 you get .533, then you miss one less it becomes .467? A huge fall in terms of percentage, but that person only made 1 more field goal.

Again, 11/25 to 12/25 (.440 to .480) which gives .040 difference, but only 1 missed shot.

Now let's see what happens if we add 1 field goal made to Rose's three playoff games.

10/23 = .435
11/25 = .440
4/18 = .222

11/23 = .478
12/25 = .480
5/18 = .278

AVG = .412

As you can see, his numbers would look so much better had he made a field goal or two. Average is relatively low, since that's how averages always work. (ie. 8/10, 9/10, 2/10 = 19/30 = .633 one bad mark can significantly reduce your average.)

Edit: Which is why taking slightly more 3 pointers (low percentage shots) can spell the difference between a low and high FG.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
04-22-2011, 02:32 AM
3-0 those are the only numbers I care about

Harison
04-22-2011, 04:40 AM
This series is 3-0 in favor of Indiana without Rose. Rose totally destabilizes defenses. You see a bad game because you are on some serious psychological hunt to see a bad game. Your mind has distorted a reality where efficiency is equivalent to objective. In theory, efficiency is good model to pursue. But in competition, it is better to be practical.

Chaos, deconstructing a defense, readjusting to schemes, setting a team up, breaking down a team down for ease later in the game, imposing your will usually mean more in competition than efficiency. A simple man wants things easy, no obstructions, 55% success rate. A more realistic man will be about objectives. Chicago plays like this all the time. But you want to say it isn't so, or say that it doesn't make sense even after it achieves what it set out to do. As Nas put it, people hate what they don't understand. You need more tools of comprehension to approach seeing what Rose is doing.

In short, this is the story why you, and your fellow stat addicted friends are seeing an illusion of efficiency that means nothing in the world of competition. Or yall just haters that can't see a repeat pattern of wins.
Not even sure whats the point of your post :rolleyes:

1. If you take away star PG, of course your team might lose. How about swapping him to another similar level PG like Westbrook, and Bulls would do just as well. Give Bulls a better PG like CP3 and their would tear opponents apart, instead of very close games to opponent who has no business to be close.

2. I think its you who "can't see a repeat pattern of wins", its called defense, and Rose dont play one. Havent you heard "defense wins Championships" and "our offense starts with defense"?

3. Bulls would have easily blown out Pacers in GM3 even with Rose having a bad shooting night if he would realize he is bricking the shots that evening and try to actually use his teammates for scoring. Noah had 50%, only shot 6 attempts, Boggans 75% from 2PT and 100% from 3PT (!), yet shot only 7 times total, and so on. Its not a smart basketball to keep bricking instead of using all team for the offense.

4. "Tearing defense apart"? Sure, if Rose can score, go for it, if not - use "Tearing defense apart" to draw double-tripple teams and set up your teammates for easy bunny points with passing.

I was actually surprised Rose not just by having a bad night, happens to anyone, but showing no ability to adjust to such nights, nor involve his teammates. That was a pretty sad sight.

ballinhun8
04-22-2011, 04:44 AM

1. If you take away star PG, of course your team might lose. How about swapping him to another similar level PG like Westbrook, and Bulls would do just as well. Give Bulls a better PG like CP3 and their would tear opponents apart, instead of very close games to opponent who has no business to be close.

2. I think its you who "can't see a repeat pattern of wins", its called defense, and Rose dont play one. Havent you heard "defense wins Championships" and "our offense starts with defense"?

3. Bulls would have easily blown out Pacers in GM3 even with Rose having a bad shooting night if he would realize he is bricking the shots that evening and try to actually use his teammates for scoring. Noah had 50%, only shot 6 attempts, Boggans 75% from 2PT and 100% from 3PT (!), yet shot only 7 times total, and so on. Its not a smart basketball to keep bricking instead of using all team for the offense.

4. "Tearing defense apart"? Sure, if Rose can score, go for it, if not - use "Tearing defense apart" to draw double-tripple teams and set up your teammates for easy bunny points with passing.

I was actually surprised Rose not just by having a bad night, happens to anyone, but showing no ability to adjust to such nights, nor involve his teammates. That was a pretty sad sight.

It was a sad sight because you felt bad for Indy fans who paid high price tix to see their team lose on their home-court? Sure, that's a sad sight. But seeing a guy struggle all game long and yet still come away with the "W".....well, that's the sight a winner looks at.

Chicago Brawls
04-22-2011, 05:43 AM
OMG, you're right.

Trade his ass and Boozer's.

Rebuild around Kyle Korver.

BlackWhiteGreen
04-22-2011, 05:59 AM
He does actually have a point, and a couple of the fouls on Rose last night were absolute BS Wade-like stuff. But it happens in the NBA, everyone knows that.

ILLsmak
04-22-2011, 06:18 AM
WHAT HAPPENED? Last night there was intelligent discussion all over ISH and I was double checking my browser to make sure I was at the right website. But tonight.. oh dear. I don't even know where to jump in in this cyclical pointless and horribly argued "debate".

I just want to randomly point out that if you are shooting 4-18, in order to get to 6-24 you then have to decide to take 6 more shots. "Oh Im shooting 22%, maybe I should take 6 more shots right?"

If you're shooting below a certain % you're hurting your team. Lets say that number is 40%. If you're shooting under that %, stop shooting so much. It's retarded to argue that Kobe's 6-24 was somehow better than Rose's 4-18 because of the 3% difference. Id rather start at 4-18, take those 6 shots and distribute them to teammates. That's just me.

Plus you're comparing a finals performance to a 1st round performance.

I dont even know. man.

Nah... you gotta keep shooting. You can't force it but going 6-24 isn't that bad if you don't force it (but we all know Kobe forces it.) You gotta play the same way and take the same shots whether you are making them or not. It's when you start getting obsessed with making shots that you **** up.

If you are taking the right shots then the rest of your team can ball and if you are a great player then even if you are shooting 6-24 you are still changing the defense so that the lesser players can get theirs.

-Smak

jrong
04-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Dude, relax. Nobody who understands basketball properly would call Rose better than Durant. I actually feel for Durant a little as he's been relegated to the Dwyane Wade/Chris Paul/Dwight Howard camp of we'll-forget-you-in-a-blink-so-we-can-hype-the-next-big-thing....

Rose fans have become like Kobe fans in a sense in that their justification for efficiency that, ahem, leaves much to be desired is that "he's clutch/wins in the end." That's great and all, but if that's the only criteria by which we're gonna judge players, then Carmelo Anthony is the best player in the world because he's better than either of them at it. (And for the record, Anthony is the 9th or 10th best player in the world).

When you have a player like Kobe, Rose, or Iverson (to be very clear, I am not saying that either Rose or Iverson are anywhere near Kobe's level), and they are able to "win in the end" despite low FG%s and lacking efficiency what it proves is, all it proves is...

wait for it, because I'm about to drop a very vital piece of knowledge...

their teams are great in other ways that put them in position to win it for them in the end...

The fact that a player like LeBron James may not be as good in the end-of-game situation does not come close to canceling out the edge he has in all-around-impact over the course of the game. Replace the inefficient superstar with one with the efficiency of LeBron James or Dwyane Wade (and give him a team that is great in the ways that the Lakers or Bulls are (coaching, depth, defense), and it's likely they won't be in that end-game situation because the team will probably be ahead 6 - 10 pts!

Harison
04-22-2011, 07:23 AM
The fact that a player like LeBron James may not be as good in the end-of-game situation does not come close to canceling out the edge he has in all-around-impact over the course of the game. Replace the inefficient superstar with one with the efficiency of LeBron James or Dwyane Wade (and give him a team that is great in the ways that the Lakers or Bulls are (coaching, depth, defense), and it's likely they won't be in that end-game situation because the team will probably be ahead 6 - 10 pts!
Precisely, you wont be giving prime Shaq the last shot of the game, but with him in the lineup you most of the times wont have to, he would literally destroy current watered down NBA. Just watch what Dwight is doing, with greater impact than anyone (not named Lebron), and he is nowhere near prime Shaq level.

nathanjizzle
04-22-2011, 07:25 AM
he did have a bad night. but be realistic...he drives in the lane and gets fouled...he makes 9/10 free throws, that doesnt help his team? maybe you should watch the games instead of just looking at stats. hes still averaging what 30 points?

derrick rose hater

nathanjizzle
04-22-2011, 07:30 AM
derrick rose shoots 18 shots. and scores 23 points. Thats over 1 point per shot = over 50%. Philly shot 43.9%. if anything derrick rose helped his team last nite.

^if you wanna pull stats

trig
04-22-2011, 08:43 AM
The 4.7 ast really doesn't worry me. Bulls offense is built on ball movement. And with Rose being trapped hard and early, you will rarely get assist because its usually the 2nd or 3rd pass that is open. And Boozer missing point blank shots and getting outplayed by Tyler and Mcroberts doesn't help

Bulls made 28 FG on 20 assist compared to 33 on 11 by Indiana.

I do want him to lower his turnover rate to around 3 or less. 4.7 is a bit too much. He's really having a hard time being double teamed by George and another big guy, I think it was Charlotte who first did this and was successful.

The FG% does worry me a bit because he is missing outside shots that he normally makes. But majority of his miss are on drives and within the offense. Its not like he's chucking up bad shots left and right. Whats nice about shooting w/in the offense is it puts your bigs in the right position to rebound the ball. This is how chicago wins tough games, Rose attracting the defense and the bigs getting 2nd chance points.

Gotta give him props though, he is being fouled real hard a lot and his outside shot is not falling but it doesn't stop him from playing his usual game. Last thing you want is your best player playing passive and getting psyched out by the opponent. (w/c reminds me of jordan vs bad boys)

Glide2keva
04-22-2011, 09:01 AM
The 4.7 ast really doesn't worry me. Bulls offense is built on ball movement. And with Rose being trapped hard and early, you will rarely get assist because its usually the 2nd or 3rd pass that is open. And Boozer missing point blank shots and getting outplayed by Tyler and Mcroberts doesn't help

I do want him to lower his turnover rate to around 3 or less. 4.7 is a bit too much. He's really having a hard time being double teamed by George and another big guy, I think it was Charlotte who first did this and was successful.

The FG% does worry me a bit because he is missing outside shots that he normally makes. But majority of his miss are on drives and within the offense. Its not like he's chucking up bad shots left and right. Whats nice about shooting w/in the offense is it puts your bigs in the right position to rebound the ball. This is how chicago wins tough games, Rose attracting the defense and the bigs getting 2nd chance points.

Gotta give him props though, he is being fouled real hard a lot and his outside shot is not falling but it doesn't stop him from playing his usual game. Last thing you want is your best player playing passive and getting psyched out by the opponent. (w/c reminds me of jordan vs bad boys)
:applause: Someone who actually watched the games.

Please haters, don't let the facts pointed out here get in the way of your Rose bashing.

It's good for you to continue to look stupid.

game385
04-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Some of you mother****ers are pathetic. Rose had a bad shooting night but if any of you hating ass pricks bothered to watch the game you would have seen that the damn Pacers went all Bad Boys Pistons on him the whole damn night. Hard fouls. Double teams. Forced outside shots and challenged most of them. Rose was getting clobbered damn near every time he drove to the basket. Yet he still found a way to drop 23. Knocked down his free throws. & oh yeah, he had the confidence and ability to close out a game and lead his team to another W.

That's what great players do. They find away to win even when they're having an off night.

I have yet to see a Derrick Rose or Bulls fan over hype the guy. We never claim he's the best player in the league. Nor have we ever claimed he was the best thing since sliced bread. He's having a career year and more and more showing that he's a capable closer.

Get a life you pricks. :facepalm going out of your way to hate when obviously didn't even watch the ****ing game. Keep looking stupid:violin:

Glide2keva
04-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Some of you mother****ers are pathetic. Rose had a bad shooting night but if any of you hating ass pricks bothered to watch the game you would have seen that the damn Pacers went all Bad Boys Pistons on him the whole damn night. Hard fouls. Double teams. Forced outside shots and challenged most of them. Rose was getting clobbered damn near every time he drove to the basket. Yet he still found a way to drop 23. Knocked down his free throws. & oh yeah, he had the confidence and ability to close out a game and lead his team to another W.

That's what great players do. They find away to win even when they're having an off night.

I have yet to see a Derrick Rose or Bulls fan over hype the guy. We never claim he's the best player in the league. Nor have we ever claimed he was the best thing since sliced bread. He's having a career year and more and more showing that he's a capable closer.

Get a life you pricks. :facepalm going out of your way to hate when obviously didn't even watch the ****ing game. Keep looking stupid:violin:
:applause:

Calabis
04-22-2011, 10:05 AM

.415 FG% .316 3PT%

.456 FG% .320 3PT%

.427 FG% .308 3PT%

Those are better than Kobe's prime career finals numbers, yet Kobe's Finals performance are great??????:confusedshrug:

24r2
04-22-2011, 10:29 AM
i dont care if he's 0-20

in the last play when the games on the line you give him the basketball

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

3-0 lead approves

Calabis
04-22-2011, 10:35 AM

This guy is a joke

Rose doesn't have a legit perimeter scorer. Durant has Westbrook.....Rose is not u'r typical assist machine at Point Guard, his scoring is relied on more than most guys mentioned, because they have an all star perimeter option to ease some of that burden.

If u watch the games, the reason they have been close, is because he hasn't had a stellar shooting night, yet in the 4th quarter he has been nothing but dominant and puts a ton of pressure on the Pacers D, with his ability to get into the lanes and cause havoc. Boozer has been getting his ass handed to him by Hans and has played in spurts. Rose is not a high efficiency guy, when it comes to shooting, but his ability to get to the line and his ability to play in the 4th(clutch time) is nothing but superior play...he doesn't shoot his team out of games, huge difference.

Rose in 4th Quarter

7 for 13 = .538FG%
16-16 from the line= 31 pts...avg 10.3 per 4th quarter ppg

3 ast

5 rebs

2 TO's

As far as his team, of course he has a good team around him, far more defensively than offensively though. Also this guy is still developing, he's not even at his peak yet, that's why the hype is warranted.

yobore
04-22-2011, 12:06 PM
They rely more on his scoring because he scores more.

IMO they aren't THAT offensively deficient without him. A good pass first PG would probably do fine there too. Deron had a similar bunch of players and had a more efficient offense.

Pointguard
04-22-2011, 12:59 PM

Defensive teams historically play close games. That's their style. Old Miami, Detroit, Knick and Chicago teams were defensive teams that always played teams close. That doesn't bother them. You have no evidence that CP3, who plays on a defensive team, "tears opponents apart." His team is very similar to Chicago the last three years in that close games was something they were very comfortable with. Their objective is to win by superior execution at the end of games - an offense scheme, not a defensive one. Westbrook simply doesn't have the calm under pressure just yet. If they run the double on Westbrook you have no evidence that he's used to the attention, pressure and being calm. You are imagining such stuff.

2. I think its you who "can't see a repeat pattern of wins", its called defense, and Rose dont play one. Havent you heard "defense wins Championships" and "our offense starts with defense"? I heard of that. The basic principle of the game, no exceptions to the rule is that you must outscore the opponent. Defense keeps you in the game, offense actually wins it. When has a PG had a big game on D Rose? Look at his games against any of the big guys. You and your troop of haters who relish in his every bad move don't have one thread where you brag of Rose being walked over. Have you ever thought as to why?

So in your little fairy tale land you didn't notice that Indiana's goal was to get the ball out of DRose's hands at all cost? Let the other guys make bad decisions??? DRose didn't take the most shots on the team either. And DRose has to take shots and create to keep teams honest even if he is missing. Otherwise team stay tight on Korver. And in the end, it all played out the way it should have. Bogans got open shots because that's where the trap on Rose is vulnerable there. Bogans is most comfortable in his career with a few less shots - not a few more. Noah is getting his wind back and he will get more looks. But Indiana forced the Bulls hand with getting the ball out of Rose hand. Rose forced the Pacer's hand by keeping them off balance. He adapted and won the game in the end.

They adjusted. They adapted. They conquered. They won. You saw otherwise because you do not understand. It's all a give and take. On the real, is it sad when a team that won better than all other teams all year round - non playoffs and playoffs together, does what it knows how to do, and you think its sad. All year long Rose has had the key to the win moreso than any other player.

Pointguard
04-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Rose doesn't have a legit perimeter scorer. Durant has Westbrook.....Rose is not u'r typical assist machine at Point Guard, his scoring is relied on more than most guys mentioned, because they have an all star perimeter option to ease some of that burden.

If u watch the games, the reason they have been close, is because he hasn't had a stellar shooting night, yet in the 4th quarter he has been nothing but dominant and puts a ton of pressure on the Pacers D, with his ability to get into the lanes and cause havoc. Boozer has been getting his ass handed to him by Hans and has played in spurts. Rose is not a high efficiency guy, when it comes to shooting, but his ability to get to the line and his ability to play in the 4th(clutch time) is nothing but superior play...he doesn't shoot his team out of games, huge difference.

Rose in 4th Quarter

7 for 13 = .538FG%
16-16 from the line= 31 pts...avg 10.3 per 4th quarter ppg

3 ast

5 rebs

2 TO's

As far as his team, of course he has a good team around him, far more defensively than offensively though. Also this guy is still developing, he's not even at his peak yet, that's why the hype is warranted.
This. Great Post Calabis

Another thing Chicago has to do is get another ball handler. Preferably at the two spot.

chazzy
04-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Dahntay Jones defended him pretty well for the most part

Kellogs4toniee
04-22-2011, 01:07 PM

:applause: :applause:

Great post. He did have a bad shooting game, and yes coming from true Bulls fans...we are concerned over his shooting as of late. Hopefully he'll pick it up. What's nice to know is it's not taking away from his confidence to close out a game or take that last shot... which is DEF what we want.

Kellogs4toniee
04-22-2011, 01:08 PM

I couldn't of said it any better.

Joey Zaza
04-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Fans are funny.

Rose is not shooting the ball well. not saying that he sux, or that he is hurting the team or that his ft's total are anything less than deserved, but he is not shooting the ball well. as the lone offensive player on bulls (or so I'm told) that is something remarkable and something that merits discussion.

The extreme level push back of YOU DON'T WATCH THE GAME AND THEY ARE BAD BOY PISTONS ON HIM!!!!!!

Is uncalled for. He is shooting poorly and he has a histroy of shooting poorly, someone is doing something right or he is regressing in the playoffs.

Take the hit, its ok.

Glide2keva
04-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Fans are funny.

Rose is not shooting the ball well. not saying that he sux, or that he is hurting the team or that his ft's total are anything less than deserved, but he is not shooting the ball well. as the lone offensive player on bulls (or so I'm told) that is something remarkable and something that merits discussion.

The extreme level push back of YOU DON'T WATCH THE GAME AND THEY ARE BAD BOY PISTONS ON HIM!!!!!!

Is uncalled for. He is shooting poorly and he has a histroy of shooting poorly, someone is doing something right or he is regressing in the playoffs.

Take the hit, its ok.
Yeah, shooting 47% for his career shows a clear history of shooting poorly.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-22-2011, 03:16 PM

But he was talking about THIS YEAR; what's happening NOW.

Joey Zaza
04-22-2011, 03:16 PM

I was thinking about the sub-25% from 3 in his first 2 seasons.

Glide2keva
04-22-2011, 03:23 PM
He wasn't taking many either. It wasn't part of his game. Now he's adding it in and it hurt his overall FG%. Sometimes he takes too man, but you can't make em if you don't take em.

Last year he didn't shoot as many 3's and shot 49% for the season.

jrong
04-22-2011, 03:28 PM
derrick rose shoots 18 shots. and scores 23 points. Thats over 1 point per shot = over 50%. Philly shot 43.9%. if anything derrick rose helped his team last nite.

^if you wanna pull stats

Your math teachers just committed suicide.

KingBeasley08
04-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Your math teachers just committed suicide.
:roll:

rodman91
04-22-2011, 04:04 PM

3-0. And clutch.

%FG can be lower than regular season, its quite normal in playoffs. He didn't have high %FG in season too anyway.3-0. One game to go.

So far.. so good..So what?

Glide2keva
04-22-2011, 04:05 PM
In the playoffs wins > stats.

rodman91
04-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Thunders eliminated in first round last year.Losers get more heat than winners.Always has been this way.

Joey Zaza
04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
In the playoffs wins > stats.

Seems like as far as rose is concered wins are always >> stats.

jrong
04-22-2011, 04:42 PM
3-0. And clutch.

%FG can be lower than regular season, its quite normal in playoffs. He didn't have high %FG in season too anyway.3-0. One game to go.

So far.. so good..So what?

People still coming back to this "clutch" thing as if that's the only thing that matters in assessing player/player performance.

The Bulls are up 3-0, true. Why? Because of Rose? Partly? Mainly? Nuh-uh.

When you see a situation where a low-efficiency player is given a chance to be the hero for their team in the "clutch", there's another reason why the team is winning. Props to the player for coming through if he does, but he's not the main reason they won the game nor were in position to win it.

The Bulls mainly win because of Tom Thibodeau's defense. The end.

I just saw a stat on another board that CHI actually has a slighly better winning % in games where Rose shoots sub-40%. That's a whacked-out stat if I've ever seen one!

Rose should just get corn-rows and more tattoos because he is the incarnation of Allen Iverson. More and more every day he morphs into him. And that's not hating. That's an awesome compliment. AI is probably a top 40 player.

But, there are at least five players in this league currently who are better than AI ever was, and Rose is widely being ranked, even by lemming-journalists (especially by lemming-journalists) in front of at least three of them now.

Alonzo Magic
04-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Albeit a case of in one ear and out the other, a great post nonetheless Jrong. One of these Bulls fans had the temerity to suggest CP's 07/08 season may have been a fluke, how does one manage to respond to something like that? I await the ensuing strawman argument.

rodman91
04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
People still coming back to this "clutch" thing as if that's the only thing that matters in assessing player/player performance.

The Bulls are up 3-0, true. Why? Because of Rose? Partly? Mainly? Nuh-uh.

When you see a situation where a low-efficiency player is given a chance to be the hero for their team in the "clutch", there's another reason why the team is winning. Props to the player for coming through if he does, but he's not the main reason they won the game nor were in position to win it.

The Bulls mainly win because of Tom Thibodeau's defense. The end.

I just saw a stat on another board that CHI actually has a slighly better winning % in games where Rose shoots sub-40%. That's a whacked-out stat if I've ever seen one!

Rose should just get corn-rows and more tattoos because he is the incarnation of Allen Iverson. More and more every day he morphs into him. And that's not hating. That's an awesome compliment. AI is probably a top 40 player.

But, there are at least five players in this league currently who are better than AI ever was, and Rose is widely being ranked, even by lemming-journalists (especially by lemming-journalists) in front of at least three of them now.

If Rose turns into AI one day, as a bulls fan, i would consider myself lucky. A.I. accomplishments making him much better top 40.2nd best scorer in playoff history,6th best scorer in league history ( he was at 3rd in Philly years) Only reason he is considered at that low is his off court antics,practise speech,taking hip hop culture to NBA.

A mute Iverson without cornrows &tattoos is at least top 20 player league ever seen (without a ring). Rose is almost mute :lol doesnt have much tattoos,cornrows..also he has better cast and coach than iverson ever had.(except L.Brown..but who knows maybe Thibo will be better) If he can be as good as AI...thats just scary.

%40 field goal is quite normal for a scorer guard who is main focus of offense. Rose didn't have great %FG in regular season anyway.Just like Kobe,A.I (while he has more limited skills than both) his season average is %45. Of course playoffs are much more tougher and teams study better how to defend other team.Almost every players %FG drops down in playoffs.

Teams win games.However if we didn't have Rose in these series it wouldn't be 3-0.We need his going strong to the basket to be a better team.Even if he cant finish them all the time it creates a lot of trouble fot other teams. Thats more efficient for our team than high %FG jump shots.

People on ISH,usually write like just after checking box score and playing my player mode with great efficiency on NBA2k.Basketball is more than stats,there are lots of other aspects in playing good than just stats.

We win because we are into playing defense and hustle and we have a system on offense. It might not be best offensive system but at least everybody knows their job. I mean, we just had best record in a league that there are 2 time defending champs,Lebron&Wade&Bosh team up, Garnett,Pierce,Allen & little bit Shaq team up,Amar'e,Melo,Billups team up,Howard&Turkoglu team up,Durant&Westbrook team up,Spurs,Mavs and other decent teams of last decade. And we did that with a rising star,rookie coach and a Boozer. Thats F amazing. Only haters can deny that.

Wade3
04-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Rose >>>> Durant tbh

jrong
04-22-2011, 07:07 PM
If Rose turns into AI one day, as a bulls fan, i would consider myself lucky. A.I. accomplishments making him much better top 40.2nd best scorer in playoff history,6th best scorer in league history ( he was at 3rd in Philly years) Only reason he is considered at that low is his off court antics,practise speech,taking hip hop culture to NBA.

A mute Iverson without cornrows &tattoos is at least top 20 player league ever seen (without a ring). Rose is almost mute :lol doesnt have much tattoos,cornrows..also he has better cast and coach than iverson ever had.(except L.Brown..but who knows maybe Thibo will be better) If he can be as good as AI...thats just scary.

%40 field goal is quite normal for a scorer guard who is main focus of offense. Rose didn't have great %FG in regular season anyway.Just like Kobe,A.I (while he has more limited skills than both) his season average is %45. Of course playoffs are much more tougher and teams study better how to defend other team.Almost every players %FG drops down in playoffs.

Teams win games.However if we didn't have Rose in these series it wouldn't be 3-0.We need his going strong to the basket to be a better team.Even if he cant finish them all the time it creates a lot of trouble fot other teams. Thats more efficient for our team than high %FG jump shots.

People on ISH,usually write like just after checking box score and playing my player mode with great efficiency on NBA2k.Basketball is more than stats,there are lots of other aspects in playing good than just stats.

We win because we are into playing defense and hustle and we have a system on offense. It might not be best offensive system but at least everybody knows their job. I mean, we just had best record in a league that there are 2 time defending champs,Lebron&Wade&Bosh team up, Garnett,Pierce,Allen & little bit Shaq team up,Amar'e,Melo,Billups team up,Howard&Turkoglu team up,Durant&Westbrook team up,Spurs,Mavs and other decent teams of last decade. And we did that with a rising star,rookie coach and a Boozer. Thats F amazing. Only haters can deny that.

That's not a normal % for guys like Wade and LeBron (I include James here because even though technically a SF, he plays very similarly) or the best example of them all, Jordan.

It's just a different class of player. Players that can maintain their FG% and efficiency no matter what their level of usage is instead of following the normal possession-use-increase/efficiency-decrease pattern..

rodman91
04-22-2011, 07:56 PM
That's not a normal % for guys like Wade and LeBron (I include James here because even though technically a SF, he plays very similarly) or the best example of them all, Jordan.

It's just a different class of player. Players that can maintain their FG% and efficiency no matter what their level of usage is instead of following the normal possession-use-increase/efficiency-decrease pattern..

Jordan,Lebron & Wade's career number has been near 50%. All of them were stronger than most of the guards and even some bigs.Also they are taller & larger.And still they had/have arguably best athleticism.Even their FG% numbers dropped down in playoffs.

Wade shooting with %46.5 , Lebron %45.8 at the moment.. their regular season was %50&51.

Rose shooting with %37.9, his regular season was %44.5.

Of course in a short series these guys can have much greater or worse %FG but if they have a lot of playoff games.. i wouldnt surprise to have them %3-5 less than regular season.

Personally, i don't think we will ever see Rose's %FG level at %50. Most of the guards who has high %FG mostly doesn't take a lot of shots.Today there is only one "small" player who can take a lot of shots and have high %FG.That's wade. But he has arms of a 6'11 player and he is more than 220 pounds with one of the best athleticism in NBA. Other player who has such combination is Lebron and he is not small at all. 6'8-6'9 & 260 pounds. Thats almost Karl Malone body with Jordan athleticism.He better had that %FG :lol

Rose's career %FG average probably will be Kobe-Iverson range unless he takes less shots. Even Kobe's %FG is 44.8. He is taller with better skill set and he had great athleticism.Still 44.8. I don't know what people expect from Rose when Kobe is almost shooting with %45.

%37.9 isn't good but it's not that terrible for Rose's standards. The year that Cavs made finals Lebron's playoff %FG was 41.6! Who can say he played bad?

GiveItToBurrito
04-22-2011, 08:15 PM

This. Normally I'm all for efficiency and against guys with low field goal percentages, but he's getting more than one point for shot and it's not like he's taking shots away from some dominant offensive player. The Bulls wouldn't be up 3-0 if Luol Deng or Boozer had been taking all of the shots.

konex
04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/4/22/2126581/derrick-rose-bulls-free-throws-nba-playoffs-2011

In three games, Rose already has more free throw attempts than he did over 12 previous career playoff games. (Those games include quite a bit of overtime, too.) Rose has been to the line 49 times already, with some 16 attempts per game. He's averaging 32.7 points per game in this series. Here's a breakdown of where those are coming from.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/595256/DerrickRose-chart.jpg

asdf1990
04-23-2011, 12:02 PM
37% FG with 16 FTA per game is a disgrace.

pete's montreux
04-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Chicago's defense allows Rose to chuck and get away with it. When you're playing Indiana, that's fine, but once they get to the 2nd or 3rd rounds, he's really going to need to step it up and play with more efficiency.

Go Getter
04-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Chicago's defense allows Rose to chuck and get away with it. When you're playing Indiana, that's fine, but once they get to the 2nd or 3rd rounds, he's really going to need to step it up and play with more efficiency.
We are a defensive team. All he has to do is make big shots and limit turnovers.

Damn efficiency and high assist totals.

Do what is takes to win.

pete's montreux
04-23-2011, 12:15 PM
We are a defensive team. All he has to do is make big shots and limit turnovers.

Do what is takes to win.

Damn efficiency when you're playing Boston or Cleveland? Good luck with that.

KingBeasley08
04-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Damn efficiency when you're playing Boston or Cleveland? Good luck with that.
Is it 2009? :confusedshrug:

pete's montreux
04-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Is it 2009? :confusedshrug:

:lol

Whoops. I meant Miami

rodman91
04-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Lebron had %41.6 when he carried to finals. He is arguably more efficient scorer than Rose and he was shooting with %41.6.

3-0 is what it is.Its not a laid back season game.8 seed team tries everything to stop 1 seed team. As long as rose keep playing agressive, Bulls will win over Pacers. Thats Pacers main goal..with hard fouls (even some of them more than a foul) trying take Rose agressive playing away.

6'3 and 190 pounds guy and only 22 years old. He is seen as MVP already and had to take his team over underdog Pacers. Just pressure of that can cost some %FG.

Glide2keva
04-23-2011, 01:00 PM
37% FG with 16 FTA per game is a disgrace.
So he's supposed to convert when goons are hacking him?

And he's not supposed to get FT's when getting fouled in the act of shooting?

Get off the bullshit.

Glide2keva
04-23-2011, 01:02 PM
How is it chucking when most of his shots come within the offense?

How is it chucking when he's driving to the hoop and getting hit hard?

You haters are just looking at the FT's and not why he's getting those ft's.

Obvious cop out is obvious.

pete's montreux
04-23-2011, 01:09 PM
How is it chucking when most of his shots come within the offense?

How is it chucking when he's driving to the hoop and getting hit hard?

You haters are just looking at the FT's and not why he's getting those ft's.

Obvious cop out is obvious.

You're so insecure It's embarrassing.

nathanjizzle
04-23-2011, 01:16 PM

so he makes an argument thats correct, and your argument back to him is a personal attack.

pete's montreux
04-23-2011, 01:25 PM
so he makes an argument thats correct, and your argument back to him is a personal attack.

Right, that's exactly what just happened. Exactly. You hit the nail on the head, pal. I'm just a hater, yup.

Why would I waste my time with a guy who calls everyone a hater no matter what their stance is? I never even mentioned free throws. Not once. Shit, that was my first post about Rose this season probably. And I'm a hater. :oldlol:

jrong
04-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Jordan,Lebron & Wade's career number has been near 50%. All of them were stronger than most of the guards and even some bigs.Also they are taller & larger.And still they had/have arguably best athleticism.Even their FG% numbers dropped down in playoffs.

Wade shooting with %46.5 , Lebron %45.8 at the moment.. their regular season was %50&51.

Rose shooting with %37.9, his regular season was %44.5.

Of course in a short series these guys can have much greater or worse %FG but if they have a lot of playoff games.. i wouldnt surprise to have them %3-5 less than regular season.

Personally, i don't think we will ever see Rose's %FG level at %50. Most of the guards who has high %FG mostly doesn't take a lot of shots.Today there is only one "small" player who can take a lot of shots and have high %FG.That's wade. But he has arms of a 6'11 player and he is more than 220 pounds with one of the best athleticism in NBA. Other player who has such combination is Lebron and he is not small at all. 6'8-6'9 & 260 pounds. Thats almost Karl Malone body with Jordan athleticism.He better had that %FG :lol

Rose's career %FG average probably will be Kobe-Iverson range unless he takes less shots. Even Kobe's %FG is 44.8. He is taller with better skill set and he had great athleticism.Still 44.8. I don't know what people expect from Rose when Kobe is almost shooting with %45.

%37.9 isn't good but it's not that terrible for Rose's standards. The year that Cavs made finals Lebron's playoff %FG was 41.6! Who can say he played bad?

You're forgetting about Chris Paul. 6'1" and near 50% FGs.

tpols
04-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Chris Paul doesn't score on even close to the volume of wade, lebron, kobe, or even rose.

pete's montreux
04-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Taking shots within the offense and missing 67% of them is chucking no matter how you swing it. If he's getting 600 free throws a game, why would he ever take a jump-shot? :confusedshrug:

But like I said, he can chuck all he wants with that defense against f*cking INDIANA. Chicago will get destroyed if Rose shoots 37% against Miami or Boston.

Pointguard
04-23-2011, 01:30 PM

Is this some attempt at reverse pyschology? If he puts two questions to you, then its your insecurity that needs to be checked. His questions tell you what to focus on in the game and you are focused on his psychological profile rather than discussing what he asked you. And you don't find that embarrassing?

rodman91
04-23-2011, 01:31 PM

He takes lesser shot.Parker & Nash has high %FG too. Paul's career high is 16 attempts per game.

pete's montreux
04-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Is this some attempt at reverse pyschology? If he puts two questions to you, then its your insecurity that needs to be checked. His questions tell you what to focus on in the game and you are focused on his psychological profile rather than discussing what he asked you. And you don't find that embarrassing?

He put words in my mouth about free throws and lumped me in with the "haters" even though I didn't say anything about free throws or have made a post about Rose in MONTHS.

Yes, he is insecure and no, I'm not embarrassed in the least.

Are we done here?

jrong
04-23-2011, 01:59 PM

Do what is takes to win.

I like you, dude, but you're better than this. Dismissing efficiency is nothing that should ever be done by intelligent fans. Efficiency is simply an indicator of how effectively a player uses possessions (in other words, how often a player produces a successful result when they have the ball in their hands or make a play). And possessions are what wins basketball games!

The reason that Rose compares to Iverson is because both are lower-end efficiency players whose teams put them positions to close in the end. Since both were successful at it, both ended up being overrated relative to their peers. MVP Iverson wasn't even better than 01 Kobe, let alone Shaq, Duncan, KG...

But, here's how I know the Bulls are closer to 72 wins than 62 if James or Wade is swapped for Rose: 50%+ FGs. You guys lost 20 games? Of those losses, how many would have been wins if Rose had hit a few more shots? And then of course there's the night-and-day difference in impact on the defensive side of the court.

...I'm a little salty right now because one of my three favorite athletes of all-time (Jordan, Agassi) is being widely-rated in the public domain beneath a player who couldn't conceivably be compared to him if my player hadn't became teammates with LeBron James. On top of that, 1st team all-NBA is about to be stolen from Wade even though he was markedly better than either Rose or Kobe. And these are accolades that matter in terms of how he stacks up in comparisons with, say, Jerry West. (And of course, right now, nobody is conceiving of him in those historical comparisons because he's being bogged down and insulted by comparisons with Derrick Rose)

I don't want to dislike Rose because he seems like a pretty nice kid. And if this season were a celebration of his rise to top ten player in the league, I'd probably be a fan. Furthermore, I concede that by the traditional standards for MVP, he's it.

The problem I have is with all the misperception-garbage that comes along with it whereby the running-conversation becomes is he the best player in the league or just the second or third? And it's not just Wade, you could also add Durant and Dirk among superstars whom the media seems to have generally assumed that Rose has surpassed, without even looking at the comparison objectively..

DRoseOwnsACamry
04-23-2011, 02:05 PM
The reason Rose isn't getting crucified is because, herrrrrrrrp, he's WINNING.
Get off his ****ing jock already, there's really no point in hating so much on a player.

game3524
04-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Rose is proving what we already knew, they win because of their defense,not because of him.

He will be the worse MVP selection of all-time, ahead of Nash, Dirk, and AI.

DRoseOwnsACamry
04-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Rose is proving what we already knew, they win because of their defense,not because of him.

False.
Without Rose they would not even be anywhere near elite.

jrong
04-23-2011, 02:20 PM

Dirk was the right MVP selection in 07. They won 67 games, and he was clearly a top 5 player.

Christofire
04-23-2011, 02:21 PM

but yet take rose away and they lose.....this point is so moot....any great team's main strength is defense.....If the celtics dont defend they lose....if the lakers dont defend they lose....if any team doesn't defnd they lose. 90% of teams that win in the playoffs their strength was their defense. How else do you think you get that far?....

You people display your stupidity in so many ways.....

It's 1 bad game, in which he still managed to hit the game winning shot. He can very well have a great game in game 4 and raise his FG% up to 45.....winning is all that matters, and he made the play that won them the game.

Fatal9
04-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Rose now shooting 35.2 FG%, 17.2 3PT% and 50.8 TS%. Beast mode activated.

pete's montreux
04-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Still wanna throw efficiency out the window go getter?

ProfessorMurder
04-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Rose doesn't get 14,000 free throws and the Bulls lose.

Papaya Petee
04-23-2011, 05:32 PM
But, but, but, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut It's all ROSE!

It's not our defense, it's not Korver being clutch as ****, not our rebounding.

Boozer sucks, Our bench blows, ITS ALL ROOOOOOOSEEEEEE.

jrong
04-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Rose now shooting 35.2 FG%, 17.2 3PT% and 50.8 TS%. Beast mode activated.

And this shows, imo, how flawed TS is. No way should a player who is shooting 35% have his TS be 15% higher because he's shooting 16 FTs per game.

And I mentioned this in the game thread, but this is just the Pacers' D. What are Rose/Bulls gonna do against the much better defenses that are ahead?

Meticode
04-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Going to expect a new thread with lower percentages now.

step_back
04-23-2011, 05:41 PM
And this shows, imo, how flawed TS is. No way should a player who is shooting 35% have his TS be 15% higher because he's shooting 16 FTs per game.

And I mentioned this in the game thread, but this is just the Pacers' D. What are Rose/Bulls gonna do against the much better defenses that are ahead?

Lose.

The unfortunate thing about our team is our success relys on how Rose plays. I'd like to see him change up his game a bit and try and get guys like Luol and Boozer going. We do actually have capable scorers on our team. Rose can then attack the rim with a bit more energy in the 4th.

Fatal9
04-23-2011, 05:42 PM

His FT shooting did help the Bulls win those games though, and considering it accounted for a large percentage of his points, it needs to be accounted for if we're looking at his scoring efficiency. 50.8 TS% is very very mediocre btw.

jrong
04-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Going to expect a new thread with lower percentages now.

Still, Meticode, you get it right? Obviously you're understandably ill-disposed toward LeBron, but for seven years you got to watch a Jordan-class player-- just like a Wade, a CP....

Rose is Iversonian to the bone. And that's what makes this year's MVP-- and the ripple-effect it will have on other, better player's legacies-- seem so wrong. It's not just that the MVP isn't the best player in the league. It's that it takes arguments outside of the realm of logic, data, and science to argue he's any higher than 7th or 8th.

Smoke117
04-23-2011, 05:45 PM
The guy is launching up 7.2 3pt attempts while shooting .172%...who continues to chuck away from 3pt land when they are shooting like that?...besides A celtics Antoine Walker?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Still, Meticode, you get it right? Obviously you're understandably ill-disposed toward LeBron, but for seven years you got to watch a Jordan-class player-- just like a Wade, a CP....

Rose is Iversonian to the bone. And that's what makes this year's MVP-- and the ripple-effect it will have on other, better player's legacies-- seem so wrong. It's not just that the MVP isn't the best player in the league. It's that it takes arguments outside of the realm of logic, data, and science to argue he's any higher than 7th or 8th.

Neither CP or Wade are 'Jordan-class players'.

YouCallILose
04-23-2011, 05:48 PM
His FT shooting did help the Bulls win those games though, and considering it accounted for a large percentage of his points, it needs to be accounted for if we're looking at his scoring efficiency. 50.8 TS% is very very mediocre btw.

50.8 is garbage

52-55=average
56-58=good-great
58+=elite

Hoopz2332
04-23-2011, 05:49 PM

Exactly...which is why I only look at raw FG%..none of that TS% nonsense. FG% alone tells me all I need to know about how eff one can put the ball in basket.:applause:

DMAVS41
04-23-2011, 05:50 PM

Yep.

I love Wade, but he's not a "Jordan" class player.

Rose's inefficiency will catch up to him and his team at some point. True Shooting is fine to show scoring efficiency overall, but just looking at that number alone hides just how bad rose has been.

missed shots kill. miss threes kill even more. Rose has played like ass the last two games. just terrible.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Exactly...which is why I only look at raw FG%..none of that TS% nonsense. FG% alone tells me all I need to know about how eff one can put the ball in basket.:applause:

Same here.

Yep.

I love Wade, but he's not a "Jordan" class player.

Rose's inefficiency will catch up to him and his team at some point. True Shooting is fine to show scoring efficiency overall, but just looking at that number alone hides just how bad rose has been.

missed shots kill. miss threes kill even more. Rose has played like ass the last two games. just terrible.

Yeah. The only players I would consider in Jordan's class are guys like Bird, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, and Shaq during his heyday (thats when you take into account both winning, individual dominance/impact).

Rose looks REAL bad out there; has missed nearly ALL of his jumpers the last several games and has been settling for way too many 3PT shots. Not sure what happened; during the regular season he was 42% from 10-15FT... :confusedshrug:

asdf1990
04-23-2011, 06:04 PM
can someone explain something? I thought rose improved his three point shooting. I could have sworn the media was all over his nuts for making more threes in the regular season. lawl.

jrong
04-23-2011, 06:06 PM

Allow me to explain what I mean. There's nothing magical about MJ that makes him the GOAT. He was simply better at more things than everyone and did them more efficiently.

When I assign LeBron, Wade, and CP (healthy obviously) to that class what I mean is that they are dominant players who dominate with the same level of effciency regardless of how much they use the ball. As opposed to players who are below that level whose efficency drops in correlation to the amount of possessions they use and the percentage of their team's offense they control.

I am not claiming that ANYONE is as good as Jordan because they aren't.

Chicago Brawls
04-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Keep shooting Derrick.

:bowdown:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Allow me to explain what I mean. There's nothing magical about MJ that makes him the GOAT. He was simply better at more things than everyone and did them more efficiently.

When I assign LeBron, Wade, and CP (healthy obviously) to that class what I mean is that they are dominant players who dominate with the same level of effciency regardless of how much they use the ball. As opposed to players who are below that level whose efficency drops in correlation to the amount of possessions they use and the percentage of their team's offense they control.

I am not claiming that ANYONE is as good as Jordan because they aren't.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying, and yes, regarding the bold - you're absolutely correct.

rodman91
04-23-2011, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGi7A-5XhHA